3.28/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Dell Desktops

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

104 Dell Desktops Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Customer service is horrible! I bought a Dell laptop about 8 years ago. Wonderful product and had the best customer service experience. Ordered this Inspiron desktop recently on sale for $399. To the day I was supposed to receive it, I got an email stating that Dell canceled the order. I start customer service with online chat. They don't know so they refer me to a phone number. That's where I pretty much gave up. Outsourced agents. Not listening, talking over me, having me repeat my ID over and over and transferring me around. Still couldn't tell me why. Luckily I went to Best Buy, found same computer and they price matched dell.com.

I can in no way ever deal with Dell direct ever again. It's very sad from where they used to be to where they are now. I had a lot of faith and respect for this name. I still believe in the product but customer service has to change. It seems I am not alone based on the reviews and comments online Google search. I also tried leaving this review on their website and received an email that it had been moderated and won't be posted!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Bought a Dell Inspiron Desktop 3670 and it is a heap of rubbish. It has so many things wrong with it that the only place for it is the rubbish tip! For starters - 1. Keyboard doesn't work. 2. Date and time don't work. 3. File Explorer doesn't work - can't view pictures which is necessary to sort and rename. 4. The back USB ports don't work. 5. It closes without any warning. 6. Most programs don't work - says "Not responding". 7. Copy and paste doesn't work. 8. At times it won't even turn on. The list is endless and more and more problems are arising each day. On complaining it was even suggested that I get my own 'techie'. A refund wasn't guaranteed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Have new Inspiron desktop - kept getting message to install Windows - each time I opened unit. Called CS & found out it was never installed as it should have been. Now disc drive doesn't work. Can't install Office Suite. CS says send back. I'll be without it for 7 to 10 working days. Couldn't speak to US rep, just ones with very strong accents and bad connections. Requested new unit and of course they refused. I've got a lemon and it appears I'll be sending it back more than once. This is my 4th Inspiron and I'm done with Dell.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Roughly five years ago I bought a desktop from Dell and a couple years after that a laptop and didn't have many issues with either purchase, but my last experience with Dell has been absolutely painful and they refuse to resolve the final issue I've had with them. I purchased a desktop as a gift for my parents in December 2017 and there have been several quality based issues with the computer since then, but Dell has resolved all of those to date (albeit in a very untimely and burdensome manner). The last problem I've had is when I just received a bill in the mail this month (January 2019) from Dell for $74.19 for a MS Office auto-renewal fee.

First of all, I find it odd that Dell automatically subscribes their customers to a Microsoft product - why wouldn't the computer user need to set up a subscription with Microsoft when they try to use the product that way the person using the computer and software gets billed. Regardless I called Dell the day I got the bill to cancel it as they had not notified me of this subscription and charge. They stated they did notify me via email and after further investigation they had sent the email to the wrong email address even though I knew they had my correct email as all of the order information when the order was placed was sent to my correct email address. Even though they admitted sending the notification to the wrong email address, they still say that they can't cancel the invoice which is absolutely ridiculous.

So to summarize, if you have any issues with any Dell purchase you will either need to spend hours and hours over the phone (usually strewn out multiple days across a couple weeks with a different Dell employees calling you each time and you having to explain everything to them over again) to hopefully get it resolved, or after spending hours and hours talking with them they will just tell you your out of luck.

At the end of the day I feel more frustrated with Dell's customer service than I ever have with any company and will never be spending money on Dell products again. The quality is mediocre at best, I've found it's extremely difficult to solve any problems that come up with them, and there are much better options out there. I just recently purchased a high end desktop from CyberPowerPC and was amazed out how great their customer service was (same or next day responses via email without any hassle) and am also very happy with the quality of the product I received from them. I know there are a lot of other better options out there then Dell as well.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a Dell Inspiron 3268, it was without a doubt the worst computer I have had, it cost £500 or $649, it was slow, if given more than one task it froze, slow to boot up, would not see the keyboard or mouse at times, it got slower and slower to boot up, eventually not booting up at all, it would not install some of my new printer's software, on the occasions I rang Dell I was fobbed off or could not understand what the tech with limited English was saying, I scrapped it two weeks ago and bought a new Computer, IT WAS 8 MONTHS OLD, you have been warned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a 3464 all in one less than a year ago and besides the terrible initial set up, it took a week and Staples techs to install Windows updates, it has been nothing but a pain. I used Compaq and then HP and decided to try Dell because they used them in a company I worked for. Biggest mistake of my life, but I can't afford another $1000 for a new one. Most of the trouble is in the pathetic startup and the constant freeze ups online, even though my modem sits right behind the computer. I've tried it all, I have PC Matic set up and all other systems are removed or deactivated. Last ditch effort will be another trip to Staples, I have coverage there with a guaranteed replacement unlike Dell's non-existent service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Bought a new DELL Desktop PC middle of November 2018 Dec 17/2018 it crashed. Calling tech support and basically it was assumed that I had caused the problem. Tech eventually after almost 8 hours of frustration had me download W10 from the Microsoft site and walked me through a reinstall. I had to use my old almost not working PC to do this and provide a 16 GB USB to load the W10 onto it. Got the new PC running and the next day, there were popping noises and burning smells coming from this new unit. Contacted DELL again, and again "You must have done something".

Took a week for a tech to come out with a new motherboard and fan. Yes, the tech has changed the parts and the unit “appears” to be running. Not to my satisfaction as it is still “stalling” from time to time and I cannot put the unit into sleep mode as it will not restart without physically restarting the PC by holding the power button to shut it off. And then restarting it. And then (compared to when it was new) the boot up time is anywhere from 3-4 minutes now for a “cold boot” as when it was new with the original software… Less than 2 minutes. Also. When your support tech was trying to help me, he asked me to go online to download W10 from Microsoft, did he not know that you can download the original software made for this service tag at the Dell website?

Not a satisfied customer with Dell products. Paid almost $1000 and it was originally starting to have problems on the 17th of December (barely a month old) or so and not fully resolved by the 28th when the tech installed new parts into the unit. Still having software (windows) issues and periodic stalling. And who is going to fix that?? I am semi-retired now but when I did have a service company for over 20 years, if a product had failed within a reasonable time (month- 6 weeks) we just automatically replaced the unit with one equivalent to or better than the original and the new unit assumed the balance of the original warranty. DELL you need to do the same. And without questioning the customer's integrity.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

12/6 it arrived working but no Blu-ray drive showing up. Updated drivers and OS updates ran. 12/7 Spent more time trying to figure it out. 12/8 Started testing for problems one component at a time. 12/08 Called Tech support person. I could understand this one. He listened to me, he actually heard what I was saying. Reset OS because we couldn't get into F12 troubleshooting menu took 3hrs. 12/09 Then I created OS media and reinstalled OS. Blu-ray player showed but couldn't get into F2, F12, or F8 menus. 12/12 Tech emailed me to check up on case. I let him know what was still wrong. 12/12 phone call Tech ordered replace motherboard & hard drive. 12/12 ordered service for 12/17 BECAUSE of my schedule. Dell service got bad from here.

They call 12/17. They can't today because they have to pick up parts up yet. He proceeded to tell me that they gave the order to the wrong tech. He was too far away from me and he had to drive to go get the parts yet. Then he wouldn't be able to get to me until late. He said he would drop the parts off for the right tech and he would get to me tomorrow. 12/18 I received two emails saying they had been trying to get a hold of me to schedule my repair and couldn't reach me. I called Dell and told them there is no way he tried calling me. I have two phone numbers and both of them have answering services on them and they keep logs of every call incoming and outgoing. I was mad after I had been sitting here all day waiting on them. They had both my phone numbers.

There is no way they could have dialed both of them wrong. Is there? Plus since guy was so kind to leave his phone number in his email I gave him a call but of course he didn't answer or ever call me back and I left a message before it was quitting time. Plus I let my email Tech guy know about it. 12/19 Tech came out. Didn't have a clue how to work on this computer. I had to tell him how to open it after he ripped the face off of it. We are talking a desktop here. Then he didn't know what to remove a brace. So you can power supply out of the way or even which way the power supply swung to get out of the way. He replaced motherboard and hard drive. Then when I was going through the setup of my information the power went down. He turned it back on said it would be fine.

I ended up with two administrator accounts which I didn't want. It seemed ok. He left. I started to do updates. During a restart it started to come back on then went off then came to a splash of the troubleshooting screen F12 then back off then back on and booted up into OS. I know that it had turned off because I looked at the power button light the first time it shut off. I ran test after that. It passed every one of them, but the PC Health was black. I called the Tech that was just at my house 15 mins. ago. He said probably a CPU. But asked me to run pre-boot test and get back to him. I did that. It passed all of those.

I called him and he said that it was probably the CPU. I should talk with the Tech I had been talking with. I emailed the case Tech to tell him everything. He said probably the CPU at least it sounds that way. I was still running test. PC Health was Black!!! I said, "Don't know if I can go through anymore." So he offered to start the return process. Then there is a buzzing during testing that turned up. I emailed case Tech and said, “Yes please start the return process.” I ran some updates. After those updates were done I checked the PC Health again and it was Red with an X. I definitely wasn't keeping it. I don't think I can handle a buzz that happens when it wants to and not know if I am going to get the computer working in good health.

Now it is 12/23 I still do not have a return number or label emailed to me. The case Tech said he is waiting on them to process my return yet. I think they are trying to let this thing go to the 27th so they can say I waited too long to return it. It wasn't so much the Tech support guy that handled my case. It was the Tech Support I received here in my area!!! The Case Tech was great as far as diagnosing and getting the stuff rolling. Even with putting up with me. It was this XPS 8930 DESKTOP was no good to begin with. I am wondering if it is because of the Intel Optane memory? I have owned Dell before and no problems. But the Tech Support Service here handled my case terrible. I waited two extra days to get a Tech here. It was not because they were waiting on a part!!! I was never told that. Then the computer still is not right and it has a buzzing noise now when it wants.

Plus the way the Tech looked at the computer when he tried to open it. He turned it around in circles looking at it. He had no idea how to open this case. He just pulled the dang front cover off I thought he had broken it. He didn't know how to that there was a brace with two screws that goes over the power supply assembly. Then he didn't know that the power supply assembly swings out of the way. I had to tell him and he still had trouble. So I don't think I will buy a Dell product right now. At least I know don't waste my money on a service contract. I want to thank my Case Tech. I appreciate everything he did to try to fix the problems.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just bought the home computer. Set it up, shut it down and it doesn’t turn on now. Lots of problem so customer service try to help me for 2 hours testing. Nothing help so they tell me, "We will send you disk to fix it." I don’t want disk. This computer does not work, send me new one. It’s been a week so I wait and then I get email after a week that it got approved that I can get CD to fix it so now I wait for it. Pay top $$$ for it. Very disappointed and can’t get my work done. This is my last Dell???

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered a Dell desktop a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't received it, the delivery date keeps changing from 12/10, 12/11, 12/17, 12/20... so every time I called them, they always sent me to at least 3 different reps. They all asked me the same questions, it's such a waste of my time to be on the phone more 30 mins. and didn't solve my problem.

Dell Desktops Company Information