Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Dell Desktops Reviews

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Had trouble with my computer from first time I started. Supported had me go back to factory settings, I lost all my software uploaded. Had me on the phone 3-4 times for hours. They never fixed the problem. Would not send a new computer. Blamed Microsoft Windows. I put a dispute in with my Credit Card. Now all of a sudden they tell me to return it for repairs, it must be the hard drive. Sent me a box and return sticker. I packed it according to instructions called FedEx to pick up. Now they are telling me the LCD Screen is cracked and I should send money to repair. It so happens that I have 2 pictures of the screen with the error notices on them. Also they don't have anyone that speaks proper english. They leave messages that I can not understand. More than once this has happened. NEVER WILL BUY DELL AGAIN. To be continued.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

A few days after warranty period which was 30 days I realized Blank cds were not recognized and an error notice was given when trying to burn. After visiting with my computer tech and later the Dell tech I realized this is not an uncommon problem. Piece of junk machine and Dell will not make it right. Just PAST the very short warranty period. I, my friends, family, school and work place will never purchase another Dell. They can stick by the short warranty period even with a well known problem. I'm really angry with this company. My personal tech was surprised by their handling of the situation.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I bought a Dell Inspiron three years ago. Complete disaster. Computer is as slow as a dial up from the 90's (and it's not a connection problem). I bought the Microsoft yearly renewal and had no problems for 2 years, then this year started receiving emails from Dell saying I needed to renew but no link or instructions on how to do so. WILL NEVER BUY DELL EVER AGAIN!! DON't BUY, stick with Apple. Would rate as a zero if possible.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Purchased a fully loaded Dell XPS8930 SE desktop from Dell.com. After some months the Solid State Drive fails and after spending considerable time with customer support am told that I have to send it in for repairs. Desktop comes back with paperwork showing that they had to replace the drive and the OS. Turn on the "serviced" desktop only to see issues with video card. Call Dell again and after remote-diagnostics am told that the Graphics Card has failed and needs replacement. I escalate the issue to Dell online customer support and am told that per policy they will send me a new graphics card and someone to fix it. I informed them that they have given me a faulty machine and that I don't want a desktop that keeps failing - please give me a replacement or refund but they refuse and say that they will "escalate" this issue further.

I told them that this is like getting a brand new car being told that first the engine has failed and then later the A/C has failed too but, "too bad--we will only service issues until your warranty lasts". Being thrown back and forth between customer service reps with no resolution. Worst experience ever. I'm now out over $1800 with a broken machine and being tossed around by Dell. No accountability or ownership of their product and since tech support is outsourced they could care less. Never again going to buy a Dell product and plan on sharing this horrible experience with everyone I know so they don't have to suffer the same way I have.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Shame on Dell for horrible customer service. I bought a computer directly from Dell that right out of the box had a defective screen. After offering to replace it the replacement never came. Dell keeps blaming FedEx and always says, "Just give us 24-48 more hours." Well weeks later still no working computer and some random huge unmovable box shows up and Dell says no it didn’t. Still no computer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

My desktop is LESS THAN ONE YEAR OLD and needed repairs after a power surge. I sent it to Dell and for a whole month they told me that some parts were on backorder (which doesn't make sense for a huge manufacturer who should have parts for a computer that is less than ONE year old). I finally got a tech support person to admit that the part they were waiting for was no longer available, and after a long chat conversation, that they were unable to fix my computer. Why was this like pulling teeth? I asked them to send it back to me and refund my money. They said I would get a call within 24 to 48 hours. I emailed sales to complain. Now they say my refund is being processed. No one will tell me if my computer is being mailed back to me. I am DONE buying Dell. They should have told me upfront that they would be unable to repair my computer, and had it returned to me right away, along with my refund.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Bought an 12/12/2016 a Dell XPS 8910, only have about a total of 15 hours on because it's always make changes and taking a real long time to boot up then I have to figure out when and how to get it back where I had it... I had had a DELL account for over 20 years and purchased over 15 different models, never will buy another.

Original review: May 19, 2019

'Atrocious' is an understatement! We purchased a new desktop from Dell.com online. The robotic customer service reps (who never actually listen to you), switched us from one department to another... in our almost futile attempt to obtain a partial refund for the useless software addition that we decided to cancel. It took almost three hours speaking to eight different departments, and annoyingly incompetent personnel employed in their awful overseas call centers. The complete and utter disregard for its customer's concerns has become the mantra for Dell.. After a madly frustrating three hours, and supposedly speaking

to at least three different supervisors, we finally got the paltry sized refund we sought. Quite obviously, Michael Dell continues to neglect, with a glaring apathy, Dell's victimized customers. The computer is, as always, a good computer... Diametrically opposite is Dell's horrendous customer service departments.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Dell representatives who were part of the delay and refused to cancel an order they could not complete. 4/9: order placed and confirmed expedited delivery! 4/17: Called Eliah ** - Customer Care - called Customer care since the order was only processed after two weeks - Eliah Confirmed order would be completed on time and do not cancel - (note Cancellation period expired next day.)

4/22: Email from Dell - delivery would be another 2 weeks. 4/22: Called Customer Care - Mohammed ** - Said 3 parts were still on order, he would cancel my order after a made another order for the same equipment which would be delivered 4/23!!! 4/22: placed new order online next day shipment. 4/22 Called Customer Care Prashant ** to cancel original order, he proposed issuing a $90 credit if the order was not canceled. When I refused he said he could not cancel per Dell's policy.

4/22: Transferred to supervisor Arun ** - He said Dell would not cancel BUT they would ship the item eventually. At that time I should return the item to process a refund. IT APPEARS THAT DELL Delays cancellation so that they have use of your money during the time they charge your account and eventually process a refund. This could amount to a significant sum when you consider all of the eventual returns due to equipment they never had at the time of the order. Terrible way to do business!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

DO NOT EVER EVER BUY A DELL unless you want to sit on the phone for hours on end talking to someone that doesn't care about THEIR problem. My less than one month old work computer crashed and Dell won't do anything to fix it. Their product is CRAP and their service is CRAP. If I could give them zero stars I would. I even hired a professional IT guy to come look at it and he said it's a lemon. However, Dell just whips their hand clean of it. They got their money and that's all they care about. They were rude on the phone, they kept me on hold for HOURS, and kept passing me around. Please please please do not buy from Dell online - you will regret it.

Dell Desktops Company Information