4.37/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

34 Dell Desktops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Right from the beginning the computer ( New XPS 8930) was not working correctly. Have been speaking with Tech Support and customer service who has been no help at all. And, actually at times quite rude in their responses to me. I have spoken and spent countless hours with 8 Techs trying to get this right. I spent well over $2000.00 and this system gets worse with each Tech that tries to fix it. I have bought two computers from Dell, but will never purchase another. If they don't fix it, it is going to court for a decision and I will blast how bad their computers are and support as well.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Dell offers great reliable performance in their XPS 8700 computer. I have never experienced downtime with this computer. It's reliability is impressive. Purchased two, one for my spouse and one for my enjoyment. Dell on-line matched the purchase price that was available at a major wholesale store.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 23, 2018

Dell has provided a very user friendly computer. I have had no problems with it and it has proven to be very reliable. Pricing was comparable to other brands.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased my Dell computer back in 2006, and I am still using it. The version of Windows I have, called "Windows XP Home Version", is obsolete. I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 or 10, but my computer does not have the necessary RAM to do so. I was informed by a Microsoft technician that I could either increase the RAM on my present computer or purchase a new one with Windows 7 or 10. I am still deciding on which course to take.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I've used many Dell desktop computers over the past 20 plus years. I've always felt they were a good value for the money. And I've had good experience when I've called for support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have had a Dell desktop since the 90's, 3 total, they are THE COMPUTER to use and depend on! The Dell operating system is easy to use even with the deterioration of the Windows software. I have had to use another brand of late and it is actually a daily pain. Blue screen at the drop a hat, etc.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have owned multiple Dell desktop CPU's. From my experience they are very user friendly and pretty easy to use and maintain. The only issue I have had is that they tend to slow down without a whole lot of use. I have had other desktops that will slow down but then usually took a lot longer with a lot more data stored on them. Overall they are pretty good computer to own.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been using Dell desktops for over 20 years. I find them easy to setup and migrate info from the old computer (also Dell). I have never had any trouble with them except when Microsoft pushes updates that leave the computer in a continuous boot loop. The Dell is fast and large capacity. It's a good deal for the price.

Original review: March 13, 2018

It more than meets my needs. I am well satisfied; however, I have never used any other brand. It is about 6 years old and still performs to my expectations.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I own 2 Dell desktops; wife's got a blue screen recently. Have to replace it, mine is OK so far. Works very well, very pleased with it. But support is a problem with Dell.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I like my Dell. It is easy to use, I am also using windows still trying to get used to it. I also have a Lenovo. I believe it is made by IBM and also a great machine but the Dell seems easier to use. For the price you can't beat the Dell, it does everything my Lenovo does.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Never had a serious problem with computer. Although I still have XP on it. The best program ever. Very easy to fix problems on my own with it. Sound, picture and speed after all this time is great.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Their support system to fix any issues is the best in the business. If I have had any issues with a computer I work on for my members Dell will have a tech on site in 1-3 days with new part in hand.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought my Dell desktop computer about four years ago, and I've not had to enlist the support of customer service or technical support since I've had it. This is the second Dell desktop I've had, and I've worked on them in the employment arena, as well. When I need a new computer, I will buy another Dell.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

It is ok but not something special. This is not the first Dell product that I have had and it was not anything to write home about. It has a "name" and that is why people think that it is so good.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

The tech service from Dell is great. They totally took care of a hacking problem I had. They corrected many other problems I had with software. Love them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I've been very happy with my 3rd Dell desktop. I use it for my small business as well as personal. Customer support leaves something to be desired. I've chosen to go with a local private techy that I call when problems arise.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My Dell laptop got fried going thru airport security. The screeners were laughing at me. So I went over their stupid incompetent heads to their boss. I told Mr stupid this was messed up. He didn't care either. So I called the local news station and explained my situation. They called Dell customer service and I got a brand new computer in a couple of days. Dell was great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Dell computers last and last for me. I had to replace a HD and it was pricey but I got a solid state, so there's no defrag needed. Not had any problems.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have owned IBM, ACER, HP and Samsung. I have found Dell PC All-In-Ones to be the best and most reliable. One is three years old and the other one year old and I have not had to take either in for any issues.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I use Dell computer at home. The computers are very well made and last a long time. The keys are and the help section is very good. I would buy another Dell if this one goes bad.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

My 18 year old son started college in September. He needed a laptop and since I have had a Latitude and an Inspiron, I suggested one of these as an option. He ordered an Inspiron from Dell online, thinking that ordering directly from the manufacturing company would offer better service than through a store. WRONG! The laptop arrived September 5th, and from the very first week, it has had problems, crashing, blue screening and pixelating. On his first call, the customer service person left him hanging, thinking he was on hold, but no one came back. Did they hang up? Did they go on break? From then, the calls were frequent as this is happening daily. We have literally spent hours and hours on the phone with Dell tech support as they go through doing things like reloading software, reloading drivers, doing factory reset (and repeating these things over and over with each subsequent phone call). Nothing has done anything to solve the issue.

My son is too nice in my opinion and will end up taking their word that they will follow up, call him the next day, email him (that didn't happen) and hangs up with no resolution of the problem. I have therefore gotten on the phone with them, and my husband has gotten on the phone with them. They were going to try "one more thing" and when we demanded to know what happens when that doesn't work, my husband was told they would send an "on-site" technician.

It crashed again. My son emailed them. They called him. We weren't home, and instead of going to that promised next step of an on-site tech, they are continuing to talk my son into reloading drivers, doing factory reset, etc. ALL OF WHICH HAS BEEN DONE SEVERAL TIMES! We are now in December. He's in school without a functioning laptop and is out his hard earned money. I feel so bad that I suggested Dell, as this has been nothing but a headache.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchase a computer July 2015 with insurance on this computer when I purchase that for 2 years and September 2015 this computer was shut down completely. I requested from Dell they should fix my computer or gave me another one. Dell declined to fix this PC. Cost me money to repair this computer. On July 2017 I having the a problem again. The same result. Please watch when you bought a computer with them. They're fraudulent company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I find working with my Dell desktop easy and comfortable. It's actually the only brand I've ever had. I wish I could take full advantage and buy a brand new one!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I own a Dell desktop that is a combo tablet computer all in one. It has a wonderful 23 inch screen that is easy to see everything and easy to use. I have had it about 20 months with absolutely no problems. I bought it from Best Buy for a really great price and have never regretted it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Always been a desktop person and I'm very satisfied with the experience. I work better on the desktop and I can sit properly. I love all the extra features.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I don't use the computer that much, but the Dell was reasonably priced. The computer has all the things I was wanting it for; sometimes it seems to be a little slow but I think it's my network.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Great computer. Have had it for many years. Still running like new. Easy to use. My grandchildren use it with easy. When it's time for updates, they install quickly. Would recommend a Dell product to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Dell XPS 8700 - I have had it 4 years and still going strong. Big machine with 16 gigabytes of ram 1TB HD. I will buy another one. I highly recommend this machine.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

This is my second Dell PC and I've been extremely pleased with Dell products all these years. Excellent value for a quality product. No issues with customer service either.

Dell Desktops Company Information