Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Dell has desktops for general use, gaming, video editing, students, work and compact spaces. Some Dell desktops are priced at as little as $380, while others cost more than $2,500. Dell also sells laptops, monitors, PC accessories and servers. Users can narrow their search on Dell’s site by using parameters like processor type, memory capacity and storage drive type.

Dell Desktops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I bought our Dell Inspiron desktop over a year ago for my husband's birthday. He'd always wanted a decent gaming computer to play some PC games on as the one we had was suuuuper laggy with even the more basic games. This Dell with the Ryzen 7 CPU, however, runs just as good or even better than our PlayStation 4! He plays a pretty high graphic game - Forza Horizon 4 - on it, and it's smooth as butter. It's fast to start up, needless to say, and we've been very pleased with how quiet it is. Dell went through some rough years in the early 2000's, but I'm glad to say that it seems to be much different now. Highly recommend their products.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I use to go through computers like wildfire. Everyone that I had had would do a fatal crash, hard drive burn up, motherboard no longer working, etc. Finally purchased an all in one Dell. I've had this computer for over 6 years now and it is still running great! Certainly got my money's worth out of it. Had expandable slots for memory also. Very pleased and when the time comes to buy another desktop I will only look at Dell!

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2020

Dell Desktop has been a go to for me for many years. It is reliable and a work horse. Most last for many years with little to no issues. Set up is relatively easy even for the non geek and CS support is also good. The trick is to make sure you have enough memory and hard drive storage to meet your needs. Speed is good with the right processor. I opted for Webroot as protection as well as system mechanic to help me keep everything working as it should.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The XPS 8930 i5 is now a fairly powerful and reliable computer. At one time it was suggested that you get an i7, but that was pretty expensive. While it may be the necessary for someone that does extreme gaming or calculations, using it for a home office with W10 and Office, watching videos or streaming, and reading emails does not require that kind of power.

I bought my computer 10 months ago along with 4-years of full tech support. The tech support is awesome. I thought sales was too pushy and I would suggest you be ready to push back if you are just going over specs and want to think about it. Get the Killer wifi. I am happy that I did as there are never any connection issues. Computers are always expensive, but my last Dell lasted 10 years and don't see why this won't last that long. However, I wish I had sprung for the solid-state as that could make a difference. Get an APC battery backup so you don't have to worry about surges and lightning strikes damaging your motherboard or disc, or losing work as you get time to finish what you were working on, saving, and shut down.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I love my Dell Optiplex Pro with Windows 10 pro, it is fast and never misses a beat whether gaming or just browsing. As the current situation lends itself to more online ordering I have bought more and more items online including furniture, food, medicines, pet food in fact I have not left my property since February 1st so I can live virus free. I have built a fantastic spread sheet to keep track of my spending and weekly budget so I know where I am to the cent. Along with this and live streaming my machine is constantly on and I would not want to be without it. The computer has certainly come into its own during the Covid-19 outbreak I never imagined I would be so dependent on it, now I am glad I have it and would not want to be without it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I purchased an XPS 8940 desktop computer with an NVidia rtx 270 super card. My problem was misdiagnosed multiple times between Feb 1st and Feb 11th. On Feb 11th they ran a stress test on the video card that crashed the computer again and determined the card was bad. Now I’m being told the card is out of stock until March 3. Why am I paying for premium support if it takes over a month to get a hardware issue resolved. Seem like once you purchase something from them you're not important enough to be bothered with.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

My very first home computer was a Dell and to this day I have remained a Dell owner. The computers and peripherals have stood the test of time and I've never been disappointed with their products and support when needed. Techs always seem knowledgeable and happy to help with any problem or question no matter how big or small. Would recommend them whole heartedly, in fact I did just yesterday to a home appliance person that came to my house.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I have had at least three Dell computers, including laptops and desktops. My present laptop is sturdy and travels well with little if any trouble. My present desktop is actually a small, shelf size model that fits nicely on the shelf of my desk. It not only performs well but only takes up the space of a fair size book. I am very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I Got an all-in-one computer and it just has a computer screen that has all the components of the computer in it. My grandsons and my granddaughter who's still going to school they're having trouble with it, take the long time to load up. I wished I had a gotten the computer screen and the hard drive are separate because of all the issues.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Purchased a Dell desktop when I retired. The computer guru where I worked recommended it and said it was a great price. Only downside was I had to purchase a new monitor as my old one was really old. It has been trouble-free. My grandson uses it for his gaming and is happy.

Dell Desktops Company Information