Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.16/5

Dell has desktops for general use, gaming, video editing, students, work and compact spaces. Some Dell desktops are priced at as little as $380, while others cost more than $2,500. Dell also sells laptops, monitors, PC accessories and servers. Users can narrow their search on Dell’s site by using parameters like processor type, memory capacity and storage drive type.

Dell Desktops Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2020

Impeccably polite, always asking if they can help but then refusing to offer anything of value or solve your problems. Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors. They do not stand behind their products, they waste your time, no one knows what the other dept is doing. They have zero respect for your time. I paid for "premium" service. What a joke. I have been through two computers, lost thousands of dollars of my time and effort and now they are ignoring my request to accept their offer to send my latest computer to a technician. Apparently I've purchased a $3000 computer that will NOT stop buzzing incessantly. I have been lied to, run around in circles and have gotten nowhere. Do NOT buy a Dell Computer!

Original review: May 5, 2020

A monitor that sells for 1499.00 and only lasted 18 months. Warranty for one year! Do you want a monitor made that cheap? And will only last One Year and Six Months. Remember the OLD America? A TV lasted 20 years, no integrity, Oh they don't even know what that means. Buy products from Europe.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Had two different orders and both were delayed 3-5 times. Only received an email from Dell stating your order is delayed, then another stating your order is delayed again. Then another lol. Took almost 2 months to get a mouse! Customer service doesn’t respond back.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I bought new Dell Ultrasharp u2412m monitor to work from home. First time turned on it shows images with lines all over them. I called local support and sent them photos. The answer was that this is how this monitor is supposed to work, so they are not going to replace it, nor they have any suggestion about how the picture can be improved. They also claim that those lines come from the camera I took photos with or I have a faulty graphics card. But I have photos of pictures generated by internal monitor test (no PC involved) and also similar photos taken in the same room with the same camera but with other monitors. Nothing convinces them, they just refuse to do anything.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Based on my experience with Dell, I could not recommend the purchase of one their computers. My Dell PCs (desktop and laptop) are high-end Inspiron versions. One is two years beyond its warranty period, the other is over two months beyond. About two months ago, both adopted a peculiar deficit that exists to this day: you must restart the computers following start-up, else they will not perform normally in two respects. They refuse to load apps, like a VPN and though they will connect to the Internet, they will not open most pages. At first, I thought the infirmities were owed to the VPN, but their tech-help convinced me otherwise.

Then I turned to Norton, my Internet protection company. But their technicians and their scanning tools indicated that though my PCs had a few bad files, once those were removed, the Dell PCs continued their bad behavior. Microsoft, my next approach, stated that the problems were hardware related. At this point, realize that I had spent literally hours with engineers taking control of my computers, doing their thing. Dell was my last resort. That’s so because, as previously noted, the PCs were beyond their warranty date. So, I paid $105 for someone from Dell to call me and resolve the issues on one of the computers. And this brings me to the reason I could never recommend Dell computers. No one ever called.

Not only that, following almost an entire day’s attempt to learn why, and whether or when I might expect a call, I came up with this: Chat session folks said it was beyond their “expertise,” and referred me to email. Email responses were that such information was beyond their “expertise,” and referred me to a phone number. The robotic voice at the other end of the phone number failed to understand my problem and referred me to Chat and email. Enough! I contacted my credit card company and placed a challenge on the money I had authorized for Dell’s “service.” One thing I did learn from Chat, email responses, and the robotic voice is that “Dell prides itself on its excellent service.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: April 15, 2020

Extremely slow, poor phone reception, asking multiple tag numbers (express service tag and then the asset tag from behind the computer) to ascertain my credentials. LONG PAUSES. Made me wait to make a case (10 min wait) then asking me to follow through steps. I think I will rather troubleshoot the issue myself perhaps by buying an external bluetooth transmitter/receiver instead of waiting on the phone. Asset tag - not even sure how older people can read those small characters from behind the computer. They should check the identity of the person right from the calling number instead of wasting customers' time.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I purchased the XPS 27 for my home office, I also have been paying for the extended warranty. Since day one, the device has been problematic and Dell has been equally problematic. Do not buy this computer, the sound quality is terrible, the graphics are subpar, and the overall performance have been a nightmare. Slow processing system. You cannot run multiple software programs. The Dell service plan is useless as well. If you experience any issues and contact Dell they will recommend an upsell of a different service support plan. I tested their service offer to see if in fact it would be useful and what the other service department offers is no better and they can’t possibly think this is good business. I strongly suggest more people report Dell to the BBB, Attorney General's office, post issues on social media. Force them to correct their business practices and provide working equipment.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Dell offers small businesses a rewards program that is supposed to provide rewards on purchases of Dell products redeemable toward future purchases. However, if you are like most small businesses, you don't make these types of purchases frequently. I knew I had some rewards from a previous purchase and recently went to the Dell site to use those to make a purchase for my organization. I was shocked to find out that my rewards balance was $0. Dell didn't provide me with any kind of a warning via email that these rewards were expiring prior to taking them out of the account, but I can assure that they did use my email account to spam me with constant advertisements. If they can spam me, why can't they send a courtesy email letting me know that my rewards are expiring within the next 30 days and that I need to use them? Also, it looks like you only get less than six months to use the rewards. A bait and switch program from Dell!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I bought an $1,300 XPS gaming PC from Dell. After two years of very light use, the motherboard and CPU needed replacing. Dell refused to talk about taking responsibility for the $300-450 repairs. I was told that I should have purchased the $300 warranty when I bought the PC. Instead of standing by their product - a product that does not need to last forever, but should have the pieces in question last over 2 years - they milk their customers for hundreds of dollars in warranty payments.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Really good product with to me a major flaw by Dell, which meant I could not get ''up and running'' for more than a week. Without the problem I had I would have given a 5 star rating. At the same time as buying this monitor I purchased a Dell computer. The monitor cable kit contained a mDP cable and an HDMI cable. Unfortunately the computer has a DP port so the mDP cable is of no use to me. If Dell are going to use DP ports on some of their computers and mDP ports on others they should supply both types of cable with their monitors. Common sense really.

Dell Desktops Company Information