Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

Dell has desktops for general use, gaming, video editing, students, work and compact spaces. Some Dell desktops are priced at as little as $380, while others cost more than $2,500. Dell also sells laptops, monitors, PC accessories and servers. Users can narrow their search on Dell’s site by using parameters like processor type, memory capacity and storage drive type.

Dell Desktops Learn More

Dell Desktops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: June 21, 2020

Dell Desktop has been a go to for me for many years. It is reliable and a work horse. Most last for many years with little to no issues. Set up is relatively easy even for the non geek and CS support is also good. The trick is to make sure you have enough memory and hard drive storage to meet your needs. Speed is good with the right processor. I opted for Webroot as protection as well as system mechanic to help me keep everything working as it should.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The XPS 8930 i5 is now a fairly powerful and reliable computer. At one time it was suggested that you get an i7, but that was pretty expensive. While it may be the necessary for someone that does extreme gaming or calculations, using it for a home office with W10 and Office, watching videos or streaming, and reading emails does not require that kind of power.

I bought my computer 10 months ago along with 4-years of full tech support. The tech support is awesome. I thought sales was too pushy and I would suggest you be ready to push back if you are just going over specs and want to think about it. Get the Killer wifi. I am happy that I did as there are never any connection issues. Computers are always expensive, but my last Dell lasted 10 years and don't see why this won't last that long. However, I wish I had sprung for the solid-state as that could make a difference. Get an APC battery backup so you don't have to worry about surges and lightning strikes damaging your motherboard or disc, or losing work as you get time to finish what you were working on, saving, and shut down.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2020

My Dell desktop is 8 years old, and it's still running like a dream. No issues. No viruses. It may be old, but it's reliability throughout this pandemic has been a lifesaver. I am a senior citizen, and I use the computer daily for social media, news updates, online banking and bill pay, recipes, games, etc. It keeps me connected to the outside world. Also, any time I've had the need to contact Dell, their customer service is outstanding.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I love my Dell Optiplex Pro with Windows 10 pro, it is fast and never misses a beat whether gaming or just browsing. As the current situation lends itself to more online ordering I have bought more and more items online including furniture, food, medicines, pet food in fact I have not left my property since February 1st so I can live virus free. I have built a fantastic spread sheet to keep track of my spending and weekly budget so I know where I am to the cent. Along with this and live streaming my machine is constantly on and I would not want to be without it. The computer has certainly come into its own during the Covid-19 outbreak I never imagined I would be so dependent on it, now I am glad I have it and would not want to be without it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Really good product with to me a major flaw by Dell, which meant I could not get ''up and running'' for more than a week. Without the problem I had I would have given a 5 star rating. At the same time as buying this monitor I purchased a Dell computer. The monitor cable kit contained a mDP cable and an HDMI cable. Unfortunately the computer has a DP port so the mDP cable is of no use to me. If Dell are going to use DP ports on some of their computers and mDP ports on others they should supply both types of cable with their monitors. Common sense really.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The web cam was not working so I called Dell after confirming that I had a valid warranty in full force. Very long, frustrating, stressful story that stretches over 3 weeks and is still open-ended, my computer has been diagnosed with a faulty hard drive and a non-functional camera. This is after over 20 hours on the phone and a ridiculous number of pointless emails with "support" (and I use the word in its lightest form), "level 3 technicians", "Customer Care", "Escalated Customer Care", and over 17 Dell representatives (all in India), and the replacement of the hard drive and web cam.

The computer is in the same condition as when I originally called Dell. Technicians were incompetent, supervisors/managers rude and aggressive and chauvinistic, and useless. Absolutely no respect for confidentiality or privacy. Beware of the fact that if a part is replaced under warranty they will either demand the original part be returned or you have to pay additional fees. Terrible company with horrendous employees and unreliable product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I ordered my Alienware desktop through Dell website on October 16th. They said that the order will be delivered around November 2nd. I contacted them a week after I ordered it to see what is the status of the order and to see if it would be late. They emailed me back saying the product is in production and he moved it to expedited shipping. Which is really nice for customer service to do that. That is why I gave another star. They did send me another email after I gave them the customer service review. I gave them five stars because they expedited or they will expedite my order instead of having it go through standard shipping. The next email they sent me was right after within 24 hours.

The customer support said that sorry for the inconvenience it will be sent November 9th instead of November 2nd. I don't understand why it takes almost 4 weeks to ship a computer when most of the components you just snap it in. I understand the China virus crisis but you have to not rely on the customer to give you sympathy because you can't figure out a way to get the product out faster, even before the pandemic they had a month before they would ship the item. I am reading and watching on YouTube and Facebook and Twitter Etc. The company really needs to work on that because it shows that they don't care.

I looked at the Google reviews and it shows there positive which is not right when you look at other websites for the company reviews. The other review websites tell that they are severely lacking in shipping times and price. That's why I'm reviewing this on this website, I very thankful for it because of Google somehow has rigged reviews. I hate to say that but it's fishy, if anyone goes through this with their bad shipping times bad review them so they can work on that. I and others that I talk to it's not fair. I read about on social media and reviews except Google. When you read the reviews they explain it like it was okay that it was 4 weeks late or two weeks late Etc and that's not okay to us consumers AKA customers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I bought a new Dell 7470 (all in one) in March 2020. Just a couple of months later I faced the following problems with this device: 1. The mouse stopped responded regularly, 2. The whole system was freezing often, 3. I couldn't open photos, etc. I contacted official Dell service department in Athens, I spoke with two technicians, besides they were not supportive and rather rude, they did not solve the problems, they denied to send a technician to check and repair the device even guaranty was and is still in force. Additionally while buying this pc, from the shop they told me that this five years guaranty in case of any malfunction includes presence of a Dell technician in my working place for repair and further that, the replacement of the damaged device for as long as its repair is needed.

In few words: Unacceptable service by Dell in Greece.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I bought this computer on November 25, 2019. It is a real disaster: Extremely slow, when trying to work it stops and restarts. The sellers could not repair it (VComputer Factory S.A.). At this time, is useless and I cannot even give it away. Never again a Dell product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Purchased an aio computer from Dell 5 weeks ago, it arrived 3 weeks later and when opened I found the computer stand missing without which I cannot use the computer. Made a service request and reported fact and urgently required they post one to me. That was 2 weeks ago and all they keep telling me that it is in progress. This is not good enough on a purchase that cost over $2000. This will be the last time I purchase a Dell product, they have proved unreliable and their call center is as bad, now not answering emails and cannot phone as I was on the phone for 2 hours before I had to give up.

Dell Desktops Company Information