2.93/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Dell Desktops

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dell Desktops Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

For many years, I had reliable service out of Dell computers and have recommended them to others. I cannot do that any longer. Nothing ruins your day like having a computer that doesn't work. My new Dell desktop computer, made in Mexico, arrived with a defective internet card. I returned it. After reviewing the MANY online complaints about Dell on Amazon and consumer affairs websites, I decided to buy a different brand. It is apparent from the complaints that Dell must not be thoroughly testing their new computers before shipping them out the door. The complaints also indicate that customer satisfaction is no longer a priority for Dell. That will have a huge effect on Dell's bottom line and their position in the computer market.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I bought my Alienware x51 R3 roughly 3 and a half years ago, it was great for a little bit but not long. Over the lifetime it has has numerous small issues that just added up. Started with about 6 months later in ownership it would freeze shortly after booting up, this lasted roughly 2 months of restarting until it just didn't happen! It ended up stopping doing that for whatever reason but it would come back numerous times over the lifespan. You can tell I say lifespan cause it has died now. After the freeing issue it would end up just crashing randomly or overheating. The last year of ownership would be unreliable putting it nicely, but at the end it spent two months with professionals and not knowing what was wrong, insane. Now it wont turn on at all and the fan starts to go and stops. I got a new power supply for it and it wasnt the issue so it could be the motherboard but it just feels so weird to deal with all of this with a relatively expensive Alienware/Dell product.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I received my new computer in February 2019. Significant problems developed in late July early August 2019. Dell’s customer service is an oxymoron; the principal concept for customer service is nothing but lip service, delay, deny the necessary repairs or like-kind replacement. They want you to frustrated anyone asking for a reasonable solution and push you to accept their offered solutions. I filed a claim with the Maryland Attorney General’s office under the consumer protection act in November 2019 after months of useless repairs initiated and completed by Dell.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I bought and receive a Dell XPS 8930 and it was DOA. This was ordered on Nov 5th 2019 and received on Nov 12. I have called and talked to customer service, and tech support at least 3 times each. I have talked to sales department twice about my dead computer. I don't want it repaired. I want a new computer. Once a lemon always a lemon. I have not received and answer from anyone to which I can send my computer back, I just received a sales promotion from dell and XPS price just went down 200 dollars.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

All of Dell's customer service is overseas somewhere and you can't understand a word they say. I was disconnected 5 times and transferred 6 times in the 1st call and transferred 5 times in the second call. 5 days later and my problem is not resolved. I have emailed them the same information 4 times and they say they still haven't received it. Will never buy another Dell product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I waited all day for a delivery. It never showed up. I checked tracking saying it was delivered around 11 a.m. Contacted Dell and they claimed it was stolen off my porch. That couldn't have happened since the door was open so I could wait for it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Had trouble with my computer from first time I started. Supported had me go back to factory settings, I lost all my software uploaded. Had me on the phone 3-4 times for hours. They never fixed the problem. Would not send a new computer. Blamed Microsoft Windows. I put a dispute in with my Credit Card. Now all of a sudden they tell me to return it for repairs, it must be the hard drive. Sent me a box and return sticker. I packed it according to instructions called FedEx to pick up. Now they are telling me the LCD Screen is cracked and I should send money to repair. It so happens that I have 2 pictures of the screen with the error notices on them. Also they don't have anyone that speaks proper english. They leave messages that I can not understand. More than once this has happened. NEVER WILL BUY DELL AGAIN. To be continued.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

A few days after warranty period which was 30 days I realized Blank cds were not recognized and an error notice was given when trying to burn. After visiting with my computer tech and later the Dell tech I realized this is not an uncommon problem. Piece of junk machine and Dell will not make it right. Just PAST the very short warranty period. I, my friends, family, school and work place will never purchase another Dell. They can stick by the short warranty period even with a well known problem. I'm really angry with this company. My personal tech was surprised by their handling of the situation.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I bought a Dell Inspiron three years ago. Complete disaster. Computer is as slow as a dial up from the 90's (and it's not a connection problem). I bought the Microsoft yearly renewal and had no problems for 2 years, then this year started receiving emails from Dell saying I needed to renew but no link or instructions on how to do so. WILL NEVER BUY DELL EVER AGAIN!! DON't BUY, stick with Apple. Would rate as a zero if possible.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Purchased a fully loaded Dell XPS8930 SE desktop from Dell.com. After some months the Solid State Drive fails and after spending considerable time with customer support am told that I have to send it in for repairs. Desktop comes back with paperwork showing that they had to replace the drive and the OS. Turn on the "serviced" desktop only to see issues with video card. Call Dell again and after remote-diagnostics am told that the Graphics Card has failed and needs replacement. I escalate the issue to Dell online customer support and am told that per policy they will send me a new graphics card and someone to fix it. I informed them that they have given me a faulty machine and that I don't want a desktop that keeps failing - please give me a replacement or refund but they refuse and say that they will "escalate" this issue further.

I told them that this is like getting a brand new car being told that first the engine has failed and then later the A/C has failed too but, "too bad--we will only service issues until your warranty lasts". Being thrown back and forth between customer service reps with no resolution. Worst experience ever. I'm now out over $1800 with a broken machine and being tossed around by Dell. No accountability or ownership of their product and since tech support is outsourced they could care less. Never again going to buy a Dell product and plan on sharing this horrible experience with everyone I know so they don't have to suffer the same way I have.

Dell Desktops Company Information