3.33/5

102 Dell Desktops Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Bought an 12/12/2016 a Dell XPS 8910, only have about a total of 15 hours on because it's always make changes and taking a real long time to boot up then I have to figure out when and how to get it back where I had it... I had had a DELL account for over 20 years and purchased over 15 different models, never will buy another.

Original review: May 19, 2019

'Atrocious' is an understatement! We purchased a new desktop from Dell.com online. The robotic customer service reps (who never actually listen to you), switched us from one department to another... in our almost futile attempt to obtain a partial refund for the useless software addition that we decided to cancel. It took almost three hours speaking to eight different departments, and annoyingly incompetent personnel employed in their awful overseas call centers. The complete and utter disregard for its customer's concerns has become the mantra for Dell.. After a madly frustrating three hours, and supposedly speaking

to at least three different supervisors, we finally got the paltry sized refund we sought. Quite obviously, Michael Dell continues to neglect, with a glaring apathy, Dell's victimized customers. The computer is, as always, a good computer... Diametrically opposite is Dell's horrendous customer service departments.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Dell representatives who were part of the delay and refused to cancel an order they could not complete. 4/9: order placed and confirmed expedited delivery! 4/17: Called Eliah ** - Customer Care - called Customer care since the order was only processed after two weeks - Eliah Confirmed order would be completed on time and do not cancel - (note Cancellation period expired next day.)

4/22: Email from Dell - delivery would be another 2 weeks. 4/22: Called Customer Care - Mohammed ** - Said 3 parts were still on order, he would cancel my order after a made another order for the same equipment which would be delivered 4/23!!! 4/22: placed new order online next day shipment. 4/22 Called Customer Care Prashant ** to cancel original order, he proposed issuing a $90 credit if the order was not canceled. When I refused he said he could not cancel per Dell's policy.

4/22: Transferred to supervisor Arun ** - He said Dell would not cancel BUT they would ship the item eventually. At that time I should return the item to process a refund. IT APPEARS THAT DELL Delays cancellation so that they have use of your money during the time they charge your account and eventually process a refund. This could amount to a significant sum when you consider all of the eventual returns due to equipment they never had at the time of the order. Terrible way to do business!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

DO NOT EVER EVER BUY A DELL unless you want to sit on the phone for hours on end talking to someone that doesn't care about THEIR problem. My less than one month old work computer crashed and Dell won't do anything to fix it. Their product is CRAP and their service is CRAP. If I could give them zero stars I would. I even hired a professional IT guy to come look at it and he said it's a lemon. However, Dell just whips their hand clean of it. They got their money and that's all they care about. They were rude on the phone, they kept me on hold for HOURS, and kept passing me around. Please please please do not buy from Dell online - you will regret it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought this computer and used for 3 months before it broke down completely. But the worst was the Dell customer service which was dishonest and deceiving to protect them. It took me so many calls and emails just to ship the broken one to repair center. And it came back with repaired CPU, motherboard, and hard drive in a few weeks but this time the computer body was severely damaged and bent and front case was broken. I contacted the Dell customer service and took more than 10 days just sent back for the second repair because Dell insisted they can't give a refund. However, the Dell repair center called me in few days and told me they cannot repair and the damages are not covered by the warranty.

I had to call the Dell customer service and email multiple times to explain that it was Dell's fault and responsibility to repair. Finally, they offered to send me refurbished like or like to a better one. Of course, I rejected the offer and finally went to Dell's advanced resolution group who gave me the refund (btw which is taking 30 days and still haven't received). But they rejected my request to apologize and compensate all consequential damaged it has caused to my business. I used Dell all my life, but Dell's product and customer service were the worst and want to not recommend to everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: March 30, 2019

Dell computer are frustrating piece of garbage. I bought one about 10 months ago, problem after problem. I sure figure this out when about two weeks after my purchase, I got a call from Dell about buying an extended warranty. My answer was, "Why sure. I buy when the computer is new." The answer was that in case something goes wrong, I answer that I'm not interested, but they keep pushing. Needless to say, after a month the problem started. I call in, and they told me to reset it to the original way that was shipped. I have reset the computer more than 3 times and the problems keep coming back. Constantly crashing!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Last year my Husband and I decided we would purchase a desk computer for both our Christmas gifts. Our son had move out of state and we now had a home with a large office space so it seemed like a good idea. Keep in mind my first Dell was a 1997 Desktop. I had it for 7 years and had to have service by dell come out to look at it once during the 3 year warranty and once I paid for a repair. Since we’ve had one other desktop and 8 laptops in the family. All were good top of the line models and anytime I needed assistance Dell was only a phone call away. So I got online and picked out the XPS Intel Core 17/7th gen. We went all out with wireless accessories, huge monitor and Bluetooth speaker. All said we were well over $3000. It worked for 3 Mos. We probably used it 7 times because of the Iphones we have it is easier to do most things on the fly. But when it came to Microsoft docs we used the desktop. After all that’s really what I got it for.

My first call to tech support was with a obviously foreign man that kept putting me on hold and doing what sounded like reading from a guide or book. He had me plug and replug wires, move things around and start and shut down the system what seemed like 20 times. After 2 hours 15 minutes I was told I needed a monitor. I responded with a polite “I think it’s the tower not the monitor”. He said he knew it was and would send a replacement. After 2 weeks of nothing coming I called again. The next foreign man I spoke with said the order didn’t go through and would resubmit it. I waited another 2 weeks.

I called and spoke with yet another tech woman this time that spoke a little better English. She had me go through a few steps and I got frustrated and told I had already do this stuff and whatevs to speak with a manager. I left my name PC tag number and phone and was told I would get a call. I started to receive emails saying they were trying to call me but I had no missed called. I confirmed my phone and this went on for a month. I finally decided to call again. You can never get a manager on the phone and when you ask for one they say they tried to call but it never shows. I called several times.

Finally after 4 mos of this I called and yet again spent over 2 hours on the same routine. He then said I would need to go on their website to download a operating system on a drive and reload it onto my computer. I left the call wondering what did I get myself into... The following week my Son came to visit and I showed him what the computer did. He said they needed to send me a disc with the system and then after further inspection told me he was positive it was my hard drive. He’s very good with computers and builds them/Repairs since a teen so I trusted his judgement. I called once again and was out through several tests. Plug this, start that, push this button, now take a photo of this... another 2 hours 45 min. I asked when I would get it repaired after being put on hold forever. He told me they would send a repair person to my home. No specifics but I would be getting an email.

It never came and the repair person never came. I was so angry I couldn’t call that 800 number again so the pc sat there until a month passed and my husband had a form he needed for work that couldn’t be done on the phone. We had to spend money and download an app. That was it!!! I had been pushed to the brink of madness. I woke up the next day with a crazied goal, to get through to someone at DELL. I called and pressed the sales number instead of the tech. I spoke to a very nice understanding man and his primary language was ENGLISH... I heard bells toll. I felt vindicated all was right in the world. He told me he would get me to the right person who could finally help me. And then the hold recording came on. I felt a twisting knot form in my gut and my brow began to sweat.

When a man with a heavy Persian accent answered and I lost my mind. I began speaking in tongues... The putrid foulness that spewed from my lips was foreign to me, I swear I had an out of body experience. My husband walked into the house from work and began cheering me on. He found the dog hidden in fear in her kennel. And then the man said “I will send you packing to mail the computer to our repair location. Please hold while I process it.” I couldn’t believe my ears but I held for another 23 minutes and he returned with address confirmation to mail packing materials and address label, followed by a email stating the same. My Husband and I both agreed it was a 50/50 that the packing box he promised would even come.

It came in 48hrs as stated but when I opened the box the packaging was for a laptop. My enthusiasm deflated as I picked up the phone to call Dell once again. I called the repair number on the packing instructions hoping that they could send it and I would avoid the dreaded foreign customer service black hole. It did not work... They forwarded me to tech support... I spoke with a man once again with an All American name “Danial” but he sounded like Kunar or Mohamed... He argued that I didn’t need the packaging to just put it in the box and mail it and I argued that it would be damaged and they would hold me responsible. He got very smart ** about it and said “do you want me to send you the packaging again and you will wait two days to still have the same packaging?” And I thought my God he even knows how horrible the service is here.

Astonished with his comment I hung up. Now I sit here writing this with a broken computer, wrong packaging and a look of pure bewilderment. Do yourself a favor and buy a box store computer because Dell has obviously sold their name to a foreign company that could care less about the awful review you are reading!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Hi guys, Today I gonna talk about Dell wireless keyboard and mouse. It is most commonly used in business field. Its button is super cool. Its biggest advantage is, it is wireless and one best thing is long ranged. We can access it from long ranges. If we talk about mouse. It is so comfortable to use and one bad thing about this is, if the Bluetooth is repaired then the whole thing is worst to use. You get another one to use in place of that but original is original. If we talk about gaming, it is good but not that much. Most commonly gamers use common button may cause damage, and about mouse it is best for gaming as per my use of you like my review just click. Helpful. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Customer service is horrible! I bought a Dell laptop about 8 years ago. Wonderful product and had the best customer service experience. Ordered this Inspiron desktop recently on sale for $399. To the day I was supposed to receive it, I got an email stating that Dell canceled the order. I start customer service with online chat. They don't know so they refer me to a phone number. That's where I pretty much gave up. Outsourced agents. Not listening, talking over me, having me repeat my ID over and over and transferring me around. Still couldn't tell me why. Luckily I went to Best Buy, found same computer and they price matched dell.com.

I can in no way ever deal with Dell direct ever again. It's very sad from where they used to be to where they are now. I had a lot of faith and respect for this name. I still believe in the product but customer service has to change. It seems I am not alone based on the reviews and comments online Google search. I also tried leaving this review on their website and received an email that it had been moderated and won't be posted!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Bought a Dell Inspiron Desktop 3670 and it is a heap of rubbish. It has so many things wrong with it that the only place for it is the rubbish tip! For starters - 1. Keyboard doesn't work. 2. Date and time don't work. 3. File Explorer doesn't work - can't view pictures which is necessary to sort and rename. 4. The back USB ports don't work. 5. It closes without any warning. 6. Most programs don't work - says "Not responding". 7. Copy and paste doesn't work. 8. At times it won't even turn on. The list is endless and more and more problems are arising each day. On complaining it was even suggested that I get my own 'techie'. A refund wasn't guaranteed.

Dell Desktops Company Information