4.10/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

62 Dell Desktops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

Purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse along with a computer. It took a few weeks to get here and it took me a few weeks to set it up. On approx day 31 I started complaining that the keyboard and mouse were not working and had to constantly shut them off and turn them back on. This went on for a month with reps having me download, reload and do all sorts of things, rather than just accepting what tons of reviews could have told them - the product was a POS.

Now when asking for a refund or a switch to another product - still willing to use a Dell product - they tell me no refund, not even a restocking refund, and they'll send me the same mouse and keyboard. I'm waiting for them to tell me that I have to first pay for the new one - which I'm going to throw out anyway, before they'll take the old one back. They're totally tone-deaf when it comes to customer service. I like the computer, but I wouldn't buy a peripheral from Dell ever again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have had excellent results buying the Dell brand of computers. I have, over the years, purchased 5 or more desktops and servers and the company has always had great prices, great service and great shipping processes. The support although almost never needed has been excellent the few times I had to call.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had a really slow Dell and was basically connected to people with little English speaking understanding as they spoke too fast. They didn't match my speed computer at the time. Had no help from Dell.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Reliable and client friendly. Has easy to learn features, great software options, extended hardware peripherals, excellent customer service support, and great color options.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Not the easiest to set up a hard drive transfer but the I.T. Guy did it in ~2 hrs. I am technologically impaired so don't go by my experience or lack thereof. Nevertheless, Dell desktop is sturdy and was affordable, and that's what I needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: June 12, 2018

Dell performance is about average but is overpriced for their capability. HP computers are generally better than Dell and cost less for equal capability.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My experience with my Dell desktop is awesome. I can use it as a T.V., download my documents, share my tablet information to my computer. I had my Dell for seven years now.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have always bought Dell Computers. This is the third one that I have had. So far I have not had any major problems with them. Very satisfied with Dell.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The Dell brand has a good name. It is easy to tear apart and work on if hardware problems occur. I normally use Windows 7 on the older setup because I also like to play with Linux and the newer windows systems have changed things to make it awkward to setup. We have a totally corrupted legal system because what they did is definitely a violation of antitrust and not one peep out of the government. I refer to the software from Microsoft not Dell. Though Dell does cooperate with Microsoft in this matter.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I use my Dell desktop for email, and searches. I rarely have to contact Dell techs for help. It is reliable and usually trouble-free. I would recommend Dell to anyone.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Dell products has generally given me good service down thru the years. I have owned 3 units and all have done well. Customer service has been excellent also. I also like the fact several service firms can work on them with very little trouble.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Dell works very well. Depend on computer consultants for virus protection and check computer once or twice yearly, IT Management. Last for a long time. Suggest Computer Repair Consultants to check each 2 times yearly to last longer.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I use my computer 8-10 hours per day with no problems. It is fast and user-friendly. My children have been able to use the computer for homework and internet searches with ease.

Original review: June 3, 2018

When my Dell computer last summer stopped working the technician said nothing could be done and pushed me to buy a new one. He should have asked a few questions before getting me to buy a new computer. Didn't get one that was equivalent to the previous one.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Bought the computer in August 2017. It crashed on the day we set it up, it crashed 5 more times by the end of November 2017. Bluetooth keyboard failed. Never replaced. Bluetooth speakers replaced 5 times. Last ones were not Bluetooth. Tech support was sometimes nice other times rude and hung-up on me. Had to threaten financial dept. with non-payment before the hard drive was replaced.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The best desktop PC I have had. Had not any trouble yet and easy to use. Fits anywhere and very good material. Good brand. Would buy again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have used Dell computers for many years. I keep going back to the brand as they have a great warranty and stand behind the products they sell. I have tried several other brands and have been disappointed.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I purchased Dell's post warranty yearly program for less than $100.00 and it has been the best value proposition ever where my computers have been involved. Super professional, excellent English speaking techs and the problem is usually resolved within an hour... I call the #800 number and it's as simple as that.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My Dell computer is an all in one. First had a problem with the speakers but they send a tech to the house. We had to buy the extended service. Has been workable for 3 years.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have never had any problems with my Dell computer in the 10+ years that I have used it. Dell is the only computer that I have ever owned. When I order from Dell, they are very supportive and always have the right price for me.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have had a Dell desktop and a Dell printer for 10 years. They are used daily and only on very rare occasions have I had a problem with them and what is very important, they are very economical to utilize.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This is my second DELL computer and I must say I have never had a problem with DELL. I have only called their tech line once and frankly was quite disappointed at the lack of simple knowledge they provided. In fact, I had to figure it out on my own. It should be stated that this was more than 15 years ago. So, my impression of DELL is quite favourable.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Customer support for computer has not been applicable, but Dell no longer supports the printers. Surely would be helpful if they did. If I were to purchase a new computer it would probably be a Dell.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am very pleased with my Dell three in one touchscreen desktop. Could be a little more user friendly for use just after purchase -- took a little while to get to use all features.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Well bought a NEW Dell All in One, I also bought the warranty, thank goodness. I have had nothing but problems, they have replaced the motherboard 3 times, and sent techs out to my house 4 times, and they ALWAYS replaced these things with USED (refurbished) parts. Now they want to send me another USED unit. I asked for a NEW one, that's what I paid for, they won't do it, and I can't get a refund either. Will I buy another Dell??? NO!!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have had my little Dell Inspiron computer for over 6 years and it's still going strong. It was a cheapie model with not many bells/Whistles and I love it!

Original review: May 19, 2018

The Dell computer works great. It is only the internet company that creates a problem as it buffers and takes forever to read my email. Or else loses connection, which Frontier is not resolving.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My email to Dell, no response! Please pass this information on to a manager to be informed of this terrible experience, I would like a response from Dell Service Support Manger. My first Dell purchase was Jan 2009, then a second 2013 (died on Jan 1, 2018) and ordered a new XPS8390. I also supported 2 others to purchase Dell desktops.

Ordered on Jan 8, 2018 for a new XPS8930 – arrived January 24 – would not open and pass the install app which kept testing all the equipment and software over and over again for 3 hours. January 25th called for help and spent 4 hours with tech guys who also could not access the PC. Was requested to return and it would be repaired at which I indicated I was not paying for a refurbished desktop, after long discussion was approved to send a new XPS8930. It arrived and had problems, could not access the BIOS testing, ended up re-installing Windows 10. Pressing F12 on three resets and tries, it accessed the BIOS and ran a diagnosis which indicated a memory problem and sent the error to Dell automatically. Next I received an email and a new memory 8G was being sent.

A friend techie discovered the RAM problem and it worked, I tried to purchase the replacement memory and had 3 no’s and finally 1 yes. Paid for the memory via Visa for $103.00 and all was well except I received 2 more emails informing me I must return the damaged RAM. I went through the Dell Team to upgrade with 2x8G of RAM, passed onto Support and arranged for 2X8G (so I discussed) and received 1X8G RAM for $246 .00. I understood the price was for 2 memory RAM not 1. With 2X8G in place had to download install Windows 10 from backup due to constant error messages, tech's not able to understand the problems. Finally I was tired of the hours of call so reinstalled full Window 10 on my own (Dell tech had given me a link to Microsoft Window10 replacement download), removing all apps, software and data - reinstalled has worked well since. It was the 2nd time I had to remove all software, etc. and reinstall.

I have 54 emails between Dell agents and myself, spent hours with technical support on phone, these problems started 24 of January. Last problem I struggled to upgrade more RAM (2X8G), I received one 1X8G RAM at a double of price from the first one (replacement 1X8G I paid for). Part of my fault was I assumed the $226.00 was for 2 memory 8G as my discussion had requested for, missed the line that said 1X8G on invoice. Called to find out why only one and why so expensive, the Dell person could not advise me why there was such a difference in cost. More phone calls, asked to return the 1X8G and upon receipt would send 2X8G memory at the lower price, have not received a message regarding shipment. After 2 ½ months I have exhausted myself with chatting Dell departments and agents, emails and phone calls.

I don’t think I will ever request another Dell, this has been a nightmare. I am advised I am a loyal customer but lost my trust in Dell, if I could I would return this desktop and purchase from another company but I set up a payment plan with tons of regulations so I know it is not possible to terminate the agreement. I had hoped that someone at Dell would review the survey I completed and reply but no such action, I had included the notes of each agent that was engaged in the past few months and my input. April 25th, 2018 sent another note requesting information on the memory that was to be delivered.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Right from the beginning the computer ( New XPS 8930) was not working correctly. Have been speaking with Tech Support and customer service who has been no help at all. And, actually at times quite rude in their responses to me. I have spoken and spent countless hours with 8 Techs trying to get this right. I spent well over $2000.00 and this system gets worse with each Tech that tries to fix it. I have bought two computers from Dell, but will never purchase another. If they don't fix it, it is going to court for a decision and I will blast how bad their computers are and support as well.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Dell offers great reliable performance in their XPS 8700 computer. I have never experienced downtime with this computer. It's reliability is impressive. Purchased two, one for my spouse and one for my enjoyment. Dell on-line matched the purchase price that was available at a major wholesale store.

Dell Desktops Company Information