Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.62/5

Dell Desktops Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I bought an $1,300 XPS gaming PC from Dell. After two years of very light use, the motherboard and CPU needed replacing. Dell refused to talk about taking responsibility for the $300-450 repairs. I was told that I should have purchased the $300 warranty when I bought the PC. Instead of standing by their product - a product that does not need to last forever, but should have the pieces in question last over 2 years - they milk their customers for hundreds of dollars in warranty payments.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Really good product with to me a major flaw by Dell, which meant I could not get ''up and running'' for more than a week. Without the problem I had I would have given a 5 star rating. At the same time as buying this monitor I purchased a Dell computer. The monitor cable kit contained a mDP cable and an HDMI cable. Unfortunately the computer has a DP port so the mDP cable is of no use to me. If Dell are going to use DP ports on some of their computers and mDP ports on others they should supply both types of cable with their monitors. Common sense really.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

It is very important for computer programs etc. to download updates and apps. I bought this one with Office, but it wasn't on it. I contacted the company Help, and they got Microsoft to send me another download. It still wouldn't do it after 5 hours of working with them. Finally I was reimbursed for Office, but Dell did not try to fix the problem. I later noticed it wouldn't download updates or even a sudoku game. It has a list of 50 updates on the download schedule but has never done any. I'm going to buy a computer from someone else at a store where I can return it. Dell used to be a good company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

The rapid decrease in performance by this computer once the one year warranty expired makes it very clear that I will not buy another Dell product. I think that purchasing additional warranty service to be throwing good money after bad. I called to complain and was literally told that if I did not buy additional warranty that the computer would continue to deteriorate in function. This is 2 weeks after warranty expiration. We had purchased the enhanced customer support in order to be able to increase understanding of the ways of using the Windows 10. Unfortunately, whenever I had questions of the support services, the only way they knew how to help was by getting control of my computer and changing settings. I learned nothing workin wtih them.

Now that my service time and warranty are up, I am getting repeated messages pushing me to extend warranty. When I contacted them to express displeasure with the previous service, and to note that my computer speed had slowed over a relatively short period of time, they said that this was an artifact of the accumulation of junk from running the computer - apparently not having ongoing services (and charges) from Dell for even 2 weeks should be expected to cause the computer to work poorly. My complaint to a supervisor simply led to more recommendations to buy an extended warranty. They did acknowledge that one could go to their self-service support page, but they did not suggest it would help. When I logged into my account and asked for the support page, I was taken to screens explaining I needed to update my warranty if I wanted any support.

So I am deleting as many files as possible from Dell and hope to move forward on my own. I think that the computer is likely to function well - the components seemed high quality when I did my review, and I hope that getting ready of the Dell software will at least help somewhat. Then I will get some freeware or low priced software to keep my system clean. And remind me to never pay extra for Dell just because at one time they had best in class customer support - those days are apparently gone, even if you pay extra, and certainly if you won't.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I originally ordered a Dell gaming computer on 12/3. The delivery date was 12/16. On 12/13 I went online to check the status of the computer. Dell has a "glitch" when I placed my order and the order was cancelled on 12/10 without a word to me. In a panic because the system was a Christmas gift for my son I placed the order again on 12/13. I was told that the delivery date was 12/27, but since they made a mistake with the original order it would be expedited and I would receive it before Christmas. I've checked the progress of the order almost daily. On the 22nd their system said the computer was shipped. Today, on 12/24 I received an email that the computer won't arrive until 1/9. Over two weeks late. DELL FREAKING SUCKS!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

For many years, I had reliable service out of Dell computers and have recommended them to others. I cannot do that any longer. Nothing ruins your day like having a computer that doesn't work. My new Dell desktop computer, made in Mexico, arrived with a defective internet card. I returned it. After reviewing the MANY online complaints about Dell on Amazon and consumer affairs websites, I decided to buy a different brand. It is apparent from the complaints that Dell must not be thoroughly testing their new computers before shipping them out the door. The complaints also indicate that customer satisfaction is no longer a priority for Dell. That will have a huge effect on Dell's bottom line and their position in the computer market.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I bought my Alienware x51 R3 roughly 3 and a half years ago, it was great for a little bit but not long. Over the lifetime it has has numerous small issues that just added up. Started with about 6 months later in ownership it would freeze shortly after booting up, this lasted roughly 2 months of restarting until it just didn't happen! It ended up stopping doing that for whatever reason but it would come back numerous times over the lifespan. You can tell I say lifespan cause it has died now. After the freeing issue it would end up just crashing randomly or overheating. The last year of ownership would be unreliable putting it nicely, but at the end it spent two months with professionals and not knowing what was wrong, insane. Now it wont turn on at all and the fan starts to go and stops. I got a new power supply for it and it wasnt the issue so it could be the motherboard but it just feels so weird to deal with all of this with a relatively expensive Alienware/Dell product.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I received my new computer in February 2019. Significant problems developed in late July early August 2019. Dell’s customer service is an oxymoron; the principal concept for customer service is nothing but lip service, delay, deny the necessary repairs or like-kind replacement. They want you to frustrated anyone asking for a reasonable solution and push you to accept their offered solutions. I filed a claim with the Maryland Attorney General’s office under the consumer protection act in November 2019 after months of useless repairs initiated and completed by Dell.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I bought and receive a Dell XPS 8930 and it was DOA. This was ordered on Nov 5th 2019 and received on Nov 12. I have called and talked to customer service, and tech support at least 3 times each. I have talked to sales department twice about my dead computer. I don't want it repaired. I want a new computer. Once a lemon always a lemon. I have not received and answer from anyone to which I can send my computer back, I just received a sales promotion from dell and XPS price just went down 200 dollars.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

All of Dell's customer service is overseas somewhere and you can't understand a word they say. I was disconnected 5 times and transferred 6 times in the 1st call and transferred 5 times in the second call. 5 days later and my problem is not resolved. I have emailed them the same information 4 times and they say they still haven't received it. Will never buy another Dell product.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Dell Desktops Company Information