3.9/5 (132 ratings)

About Dell Desktops

Dell has desktops for general use, gaming, video editing, students, work and compact spaces. Some Dell desktops are priced at as little as $380, while others cost more than $2,500. Dell also sells laptops, monitors, PC accessories and servers. Users can narrow their search on Dell’s site by using parameters like processor type, memory capacity and storage drive type.

Dell Desktops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: June 15, 2022

Please do not buy from this company! I purchased a $5OOO desktop and had nothing but issues with it. I purchased the computer to edit videos and it won’t even play the videos in Davinchi. It’s a horrible computer, the microphone input doesn’t work, it will only print one page then lose connection to the printer, it won’t play and show MP4 videos. And that’s the only format nowadays people use for video. Customer service is useless, they tell you pretty much it’s not their issue the computer doesn’t work, just will send prewritten responses and not answer any of your questions and then tell you that if you won’t any of their junk parts fixed you have to pay for since nothing is covered by the warranty. They are rude, will harass you for more money and useless. I’m disgusted by this company and the money I spend on a non working computer.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have a history with Dell over many years and have been satisfied with their product and service. I just recently spend $2,000 for a new CPU and monitor. When I received the system, I found out that I could not connect the monitor to the CPU. The monitor has an HDMI cable and the CPU requires a Display Port 1.4 cable. This was never disclosed prior or during my ordering. I contacted Dell Sales and explained the problem. They wanted to sell me an adapter costing over $47. I explained that the cable should come with the system. You don't sell other cables that comes with the system. This of course went on deaf ears. I didn't bring up the fact that this expensive system comes with the cheapest keyboard and mouse and it's not even wireless. This $47 just costed Dell future sales from me. I need to replace my Karaoke Laptop and my Laptop I use in my work, but they won't come from Dell.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I should have listen to my family members when they said Dell is horrible. I bought a PC mid Nov. 2021. They sent me the shipping email but UPS said they never got the package. I waited for days and nothing. I contacted them, they had a special contacted me. The specialist could not figure out where it was and move my case to the logistic team. Then days later, he called me at 6:30 am woke me up to tell me they found the pc and will ship it out now. 6 days later! I told them while waiting I had to go out and bought a new pc. He went on how a great deal I got and I agreed but it was "lost" for days and not shipped like they claimed.

I asked if they have not shipped out, please cancel as I cannot afford two pc. He said ok and it will not be delivered to me and my refund will be process. Wrong, they lied and shipped to me. After I called him out he said he will have it picked, gave me a date but scheduled a different date. Lied again, no one ever came. I had to filed with the BBB and my cc and they still lied and won't pick up the package.

After both CC dispute closed and BBB closed, they had their financial institution sent me a overdue balance and threaten to send me to collection. I called them and got transferred to 3 people in India. The last lady said she will send UPS to pick it up and clear the balance for me. So far, nothing, just more lies. Thankful my pc was on sale and not much but I do fee for so many others who are in worse situation. I should have listen to family and other reviewers online. I am thinking just pay for the trash PC, learn my lesson and cursed them a thousand folds. So save yourself all the pain and suffering of losing money and not getting anything that actually work them DELL!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

The Alienware keyboard is fine. Nice keys and backlighting. The order took an extremely long time but was promised a delivery date but it was changed 5 times for what appears a problem with the production of the keyboard. Dell was waiting for it to arrive by ship then I'd understand but even their lousy customer service couldn't give me an answer.

=========

Dell's review response:

"Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the review you submitted does not meet our website guidelines. We hope to share your comments in the future.

Thanks again,

Dell"

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I recently purchased a Dell desktop and I was rewarded with a subscription service that I didn't want, I didn't ask for, and I'm having a terrible time trying to cancel! I'll never buy another Dell and I recommend you don't either. I have a friend who just ordered a desktop from Skytech and he had a perfect experience. He got a better computer for less money. If you don't believe this, watch some YouTube videos for good places to buy a computer online. I wish I would have done things differently.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I bought a Dell Desktop computer on April 2, 2021. Two weeks ago my mouse and keyboard quit working correctly. Called in for support. They did some things worked until they disconnected. Then they said it would cost me $99, because it was a software issue. It was their software that was installed. Tried 3 different keyboards and mice. The same problem with all of them. Sending back and losing $600+. They do not stand behind their products.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I ordered my computer for a trade show that was to occur on April 19. It was to be shipped to a FedEx shipping point to be picked up there by me. It is now June 18 and still no computer. I paid by debit card and I still have nothing! I cannot get anyone at Dell to even talk to me. They want a review of my experience but reject my review because it does not measure up to their standards!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I've used Dell Computers for many years and they work good for my business. Upgraded in October 2020, returned one monitor and after 90 days I called them due to never got the credit. The Dell employee stated it was good that I called her, would have not got the credit. Then 3 weeks later I was double charged for some software. After 3 long phone calls and no satisfactory results, Dell will take advantage of you financially. Consumer beware.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I purchased an XPS 8940 desktop computer with an NVidia rtx 270 super card. My problem was misdiagnosed multiple times between Feb 1st and Feb 11th. On Feb 11th they ran a stress test on the video card that crashed the computer again and determined the card was bad. Now I’m being told the card is out of stock until March 3. Why am I paying for premium support if it takes over a month to get a hardware issue resolved. Seem like once you purchase something from them you're not important enough to be bothered with.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I bought our Dell Inspiron desktop over a year ago for my husband's birthday. He'd always wanted a decent gaming computer to play some PC games on as the one we had was suuuuper laggy with even the more basic games. This Dell with the Ryzen 7 CPU, however, runs just as good or even better than our PlayStation 4! He plays a pretty high graphic game - Forza Horizon 4 - on it, and it's smooth as butter. It's fast to start up, needless to say, and we've been very pleased with how quiet it is. Dell went through some rough years in the early 2000's, but I'm glad to say that it seems to be much different now. Highly recommend their products.

Dell Desktops Company Information