2.66/5

100 Dell Desktops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

Dell representatives who were part of the delay and refused to cancel an order they could not complete. 4/9: order placed and confirmed expedited delivery! 4/17: Called Eliah ** - Customer Care - called Customer care since the order was only processed after two weeks - Eliah Confirmed order would be completed on time and do not cancel - (note Cancellation period expired next day.)

4/22: Email from Dell - delivery would be another 2 weeks. 4/22: Called Customer Care - Mohammed ** - Said 3 parts were still on order, he would cancel my order after a made another order for the same equipment which would be delivered 4/23!!! 4/22: placed new order online next day shipment. 4/22 Called Customer Care Prashant ** to cancel original order, he proposed issuing a $90 credit if the order was not canceled. When I refused he said he could not cancel per Dell's policy.

4/22: Transferred to supervisor Arun ** - He said Dell would not cancel BUT they would ship the item eventually. At that time I should return the item to process a refund. IT APPEARS THAT DELL Delays cancellation so that they have use of your money during the time they charge your account and eventually process a refund. This could amount to a significant sum when you consider all of the eventual returns due to equipment they never had at the time of the order. Terrible way to do business!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

DO NOT EVER EVER BUY A DELL unless you want to sit on the phone for hours on end talking to someone that doesn't care about THEIR problem. My less than one month old work computer crashed and Dell won't do anything to fix it. Their product is CRAP and their service is CRAP. If I could give them zero stars I would. I even hired a professional IT guy to come look at it and he said it's a lemon. However, Dell just whips their hand clean of it. They got their money and that's all they care about. They were rude on the phone, they kept me on hold for HOURS, and kept passing me around. Please please please do not buy from Dell online - you will regret it.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought this computer and used for 3 months before it broke down completely. But the worst was the Dell customer service which was dishonest and deceiving to protect them. It took me so many calls and emails just to ship the broken one to repair center. And it came back with repaired CPU, motherboard, and hard drive in a few weeks but this time the computer body was severely damaged and bent and front case was broken. I contacted the Dell customer service and took more than 10 days just sent back for the second repair because Dell insisted they can't give a refund. However, the Dell repair center called me in few days and told me they cannot repair and the damages are not covered by the warranty.

I had to call the Dell customer service and email multiple times to explain that it was Dell's fault and responsibility to repair. Finally, they offered to send me refurbished like or like to a better one. Of course, I rejected the offer and finally went to Dell's advanced resolution group who gave me the refund (btw which is taking 30 days and still haven't received). But they rejected my request to apologize and compensate all consequential damaged it has caused to my business. I used Dell all my life, but Dell's product and customer service were the worst and want to not recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Dell computer are frustrating piece of garbage. I bought one about 10 months ago, problem after problem. I sure figure this out when about two weeks after my purchase, I got a call from Dell about buying an extended warranty. My answer was, "Why sure. I buy when the computer is new." The answer was that in case something goes wrong, I answer that I'm not interested, but they keep pushing. Needless to say, after a month the problem started. I call in, and they told me to reset it to the original way that was shipped. I have reset the computer more than 3 times and the problems keep coming back. Constantly crashing!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Last year my Husband and I decided we would purchase a desk computer for both our Christmas gifts. Our son had move out of state and we now had a home with a large office space so it seemed like a good idea. Keep in mind my first Dell was a 1997 Desktop. I had it for 7 years and had to have service by dell come out to look at it once during the 3 year warranty and once I paid for a repair. Since we’ve had one other desktop and 8 laptops in the family. All were good top of the line models and anytime I needed assistance Dell was only a phone call away. So I got online and picked out the XPS Intel Core 17/7th gen. We went all out with wireless accessories, huge monitor and Bluetooth speaker. All said we were well over $3000. It worked for 3 Mos. We probably used it 7 times because of the Iphones we have it is easier to do most things on the fly. But when it came to Microsoft docs we used the desktop. After all that’s really what I got it for.

My first call to tech support was with a obviously foreign man that kept putting me on hold and doing what sounded like reading from a guide or book. He had me plug and replug wires, move things around and start and shut down the system what seemed like 20 times. After 2 hours 15 minutes I was told I needed a monitor. I responded with a polite “I think it’s the tower not the monitor”. He said he knew it was and would send a replacement. After 2 weeks of nothing coming I called again. The next foreign man I spoke with said the order didn’t go through and would resubmit it. I waited another 2 weeks.

I called and spoke with yet another tech woman this time that spoke a little better English. She had me go through a few steps and I got frustrated and told I had already do this stuff and whatevs to speak with a manager. I left my name PC tag number and phone and was told I would get a call. I started to receive emails saying they were trying to call me but I had no missed called. I confirmed my phone and this went on for a month. I finally decided to call again. You can never get a manager on the phone and when you ask for one they say they tried to call but it never shows. I called several times.

Finally after 4 mos of this I called and yet again spent over 2 hours on the same routine. He then said I would need to go on their website to download a operating system on a drive and reload it onto my computer. I left the call wondering what did I get myself into... The following week my Son came to visit and I showed him what the computer did. He said they needed to send me a disc with the system and then after further inspection told me he was positive it was my hard drive. He’s very good with computers and builds them/Repairs since a teen so I trusted his judgement. I called once again and was out through several tests. Plug this, start that, push this button, now take a photo of this... another 2 hours 45 min. I asked when I would get it repaired after being put on hold forever. He told me they would send a repair person to my home. No specifics but I would be getting an email.

It never came and the repair person never came. I was so angry I couldn’t call that 800 number again so the pc sat there until a month passed and my husband had a form he needed for work that couldn’t be done on the phone. We had to spend money and download an app. That was it!!! I had been pushed to the brink of madness. I woke up the next day with a crazied goal, to get through to someone at DELL. I called and pressed the sales number instead of the tech. I spoke to a very nice understanding man and his primary language was ENGLISH... I heard bells toll. I felt vindicated all was right in the world. He told me he would get me to the right person who could finally help me. And then the hold recording came on. I felt a twisting knot form in my gut and my brow began to sweat.

When a man with a heavy Persian accent answered and I lost my mind. I began speaking in tongues... The putrid foulness that spewed from my lips was foreign to me, I swear I had an out of body experience. My husband walked into the house from work and began cheering me on. He found the dog hidden in fear in her kennel. And then the man said “I will send you packing to mail the computer to our repair location. Please hold while I process it.” I couldn’t believe my ears but I held for another 23 minutes and he returned with address confirmation to mail packing materials and address label, followed by a email stating the same. My Husband and I both agreed it was a 50/50 that the packing box he promised would even come.

It came in 48hrs as stated but when I opened the box the packaging was for a laptop. My enthusiasm deflated as I picked up the phone to call Dell once again. I called the repair number on the packing instructions hoping that they could send it and I would avoid the dreaded foreign customer service black hole. It did not work... They forwarded me to tech support... I spoke with a man once again with an All American name “Danial” but he sounded like Kunar or Mohamed... He argued that I didn’t need the packaging to just put it in the box and mail it and I argued that it would be damaged and they would hold me responsible. He got very smart ** about it and said “do you want me to send you the packaging again and you will wait two days to still have the same packaging?” And I thought my God he even knows how horrible the service is here.

Astonished with his comment I hung up. Now I sit here writing this with a broken computer, wrong packaging and a look of pure bewilderment. Do yourself a favor and buy a box store computer because Dell has obviously sold their name to a foreign company that could care less about the awful review you are reading!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

Original review: March 10, 2019

Hi guys, Today I gonna talk about Dell wireless keyboard and mouse. It is most commonly used in business field. Its button is super cool. Its biggest advantage is, it is wireless and one best thing is long ranged. We can access it from long ranges. If we talk about mouse. It is so comfortable to use and one bad thing about this is, if the Bluetooth is repaired then the whole thing is worst to use. You get another one to use in place of that but original is original. If we talk about gaming, it is good but not that much. Most commonly gamers use common button may cause damage, and about mouse it is best for gaming as per my use of you like my review just click. Helpful. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Customer service is horrible! I bought a Dell laptop about 8 years ago. Wonderful product and had the best customer service experience. Ordered this Inspiron desktop recently on sale for $399. To the day I was supposed to receive it, I got an email stating that Dell canceled the order. I start customer service with online chat. They don't know so they refer me to a phone number. That's where I pretty much gave up. Outsourced agents. Not listening, talking over me, having me repeat my ID over and over and transferring me around. Still couldn't tell me why. Luckily I went to Best Buy, found same computer and they price matched dell.com.

I can in no way ever deal with Dell direct ever again. It's very sad from where they used to be to where they are now. I had a lot of faith and respect for this name. I still believe in the product but customer service has to change. It seems I am not alone based on the reviews and comments online Google search. I also tried leaving this review on their website and received an email that it had been moderated and won't be posted!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Bought a Dell Inspiron Desktop 3670 and it is a heap of rubbish. It has so many things wrong with it that the only place for it is the rubbish tip! For starters - 1. Keyboard doesn't work. 2. Date and time don't work. 3. File Explorer doesn't work - can't view pictures which is necessary to sort and rename. 4. The back USB ports don't work. 5. It closes without any warning. 6. Most programs don't work - says "Not responding". 7. Copy and paste doesn't work. 8. At times it won't even turn on. The list is endless and more and more problems are arising each day. On complaining it was even suggested that I get my own 'techie'. A refund wasn't guaranteed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Have new Inspiron desktop - kept getting message to install Windows - each time I opened unit. Called CS & found out it was never installed as it should have been. Now disc drive doesn't work. Can't install Office Suite. CS says send back. I'll be without it for 7 to 10 working days. Couldn't speak to US rep, just ones with very strong accents and bad connections. Requested new unit and of course they refused. I've got a lemon and it appears I'll be sending it back more than once. This is my 4th Inspiron and I'm done with Dell.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Roughly five years ago I bought a desktop from Dell and a couple years after that a laptop and didn't have many issues with either purchase, but my last experience with Dell has been absolutely painful and they refuse to resolve the final issue I've had with them. I purchased a desktop as a gift for my parents in December 2017 and there have been several quality based issues with the computer since then, but Dell has resolved all of those to date (albeit in a very untimely and burdensome manner). The last problem I've had is when I just received a bill in the mail this month (January 2019) from Dell for $74.19 for a MS Office auto-renewal fee.

First of all, I find it odd that Dell automatically subscribes their customers to a Microsoft product - why wouldn't the computer user need to set up a subscription with Microsoft when they try to use the product that way the person using the computer and software gets billed. Regardless I called Dell the day I got the bill to cancel it as they had not notified me of this subscription and charge. They stated they did notify me via email and after further investigation they had sent the email to the wrong email address even though I knew they had my correct email as all of the order information when the order was placed was sent to my correct email address. Even though they admitted sending the notification to the wrong email address, they still say that they can't cancel the invoice which is absolutely ridiculous.

So to summarize, if you have any issues with any Dell purchase you will either need to spend hours and hours over the phone (usually strewn out multiple days across a couple weeks with a different Dell employees calling you each time and you having to explain everything to them over again) to hopefully get it resolved, or after spending hours and hours talking with them they will just tell you your out of luck.

At the end of the day I feel more frustrated with Dell's customer service than I ever have with any company and will never be spending money on Dell products again. The quality is mediocre at best, I've found it's extremely difficult to solve any problems that come up with them, and there are much better options out there. I just recently purchased a high end desktop from CyberPowerPC and was amazed out how great their customer service was (same or next day responses via email without any hassle) and am also very happy with the quality of the product I received from them. I know there are a lot of other better options out there then Dell as well.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a Dell Inspiron 3268, it was without a doubt the worst computer I have had, it cost £500 or $649, it was slow, if given more than one task it froze, slow to boot up, would not see the keyboard or mouse at times, it got slower and slower to boot up, eventually not booting up at all, it would not install some of my new printer's software, on the occasions I rang Dell I was fobbed off or could not understand what the tech with limited English was saying, I scrapped it two weeks ago and bought a new Computer, IT WAS 8 MONTHS OLD, you have been warned.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a 3464 all in one less than a year ago and besides the terrible initial set up, it took a week and Staples techs to install Windows updates, it has been nothing but a pain. I used Compaq and then HP and decided to try Dell because they used them in a company I worked for. Biggest mistake of my life, but I can't afford another $1000 for a new one. Most of the trouble is in the pathetic startup and the constant freeze ups online, even though my modem sits right behind the computer. I've tried it all, I have PC Matic set up and all other systems are removed or deactivated. Last ditch effort will be another trip to Staples, I have coverage there with a guaranteed replacement unlike Dell's non-existent service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Bought a new DELL Desktop PC middle of November 2018 Dec 17/2018 it crashed. Calling tech support and basically it was assumed that I had caused the problem. Tech eventually after almost 8 hours of frustration had me download W10 from the Microsoft site and walked me through a reinstall. I had to use my old almost not working PC to do this and provide a 16 GB USB to load the W10 onto it. Got the new PC running and the next day, there were popping noises and burning smells coming from this new unit. Contacted DELL again, and again "You must have done something".

Took a week for a tech to come out with a new motherboard and fan. Yes, the tech has changed the parts and the unit “appears” to be running. Not to my satisfaction as it is still “stalling” from time to time and I cannot put the unit into sleep mode as it will not restart without physically restarting the PC by holding the power button to shut it off. And then restarting it. And then (compared to when it was new) the boot up time is anywhere from 3-4 minutes now for a “cold boot” as when it was new with the original software… Less than 2 minutes. Also. When your support tech was trying to help me, he asked me to go online to download W10 from Microsoft, did he not know that you can download the original software made for this service tag at the Dell website?

Not a satisfied customer with Dell products. Paid almost $1000 and it was originally starting to have problems on the 17th of December (barely a month old) or so and not fully resolved by the 28th when the tech installed new parts into the unit. Still having software (windows) issues and periodic stalling. And who is going to fix that?? I am semi-retired now but when I did have a service company for over 20 years, if a product had failed within a reasonable time (month- 6 weeks) we just automatically replaced the unit with one equivalent to or better than the original and the new unit assumed the balance of the original warranty. DELL you need to do the same. And without questioning the customer's integrity.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

12/6 it arrived working but no Blu-ray drive showing up. Updated drivers and OS updates ran. 12/7 Spent more time trying to figure it out. 12/8 Started testing for problems one component at a time. 12/08 Called Tech support person. I could understand this one. He listened to me, he actually heard what I was saying. Reset OS because we couldn't get into F12 troubleshooting menu took 3hrs. 12/09 Then I created OS media and reinstalled OS. Blu-ray player showed but couldn't get into F2, F12, or F8 menus. 12/12 Tech emailed me to check up on case. I let him know what was still wrong. 12/12 phone call Tech ordered replace motherboard & hard drive. 12/12 ordered service for 12/17 BECAUSE of my schedule. Dell service got bad from here.

They call 12/17. They can't today because they have to pick up parts up yet. He proceeded to tell me that they gave the order to the wrong tech. He was too far away from me and he had to drive to go get the parts yet. Then he wouldn't be able to get to me until late. He said he would drop the parts off for the right tech and he would get to me tomorrow. 12/18 I received two emails saying they had been trying to get a hold of me to schedule my repair and couldn't reach me. I called Dell and told them there is no way he tried calling me. I have two phone numbers and both of them have answering services on them and they keep logs of every call incoming and outgoing. I was mad after I had been sitting here all day waiting on them. They had both my phone numbers.

There is no way they could have dialed both of them wrong. Is there? Plus since guy was so kind to leave his phone number in his email I gave him a call but of course he didn't answer or ever call me back and I left a message before it was quitting time. Plus I let my email Tech guy know about it. 12/19 Tech came out. Didn't have a clue how to work on this computer. I had to tell him how to open it after he ripped the face off of it. We are talking a desktop here. Then he didn't know what to remove a brace. So you can power supply out of the way or even which way the power supply swung to get out of the way. He replaced motherboard and hard drive. Then when I was going through the setup of my information the power went down. He turned it back on said it would be fine.

I ended up with two administrator accounts which I didn't want. It seemed ok. He left. I started to do updates. During a restart it started to come back on then went off then came to a splash of the troubleshooting screen F12 then back off then back on and booted up into OS. I know that it had turned off because I looked at the power button light the first time it shut off. I ran test after that. It passed every one of them, but the PC Health was black. I called the Tech that was just at my house 15 mins. ago. He said probably a CPU. But asked me to run pre-boot test and get back to him. I did that. It passed all of those.

I called him and he said that it was probably the CPU. I should talk with the Tech I had been talking with. I emailed the case Tech to tell him everything. He said probably the CPU at least it sounds that way. I was still running test. PC Health was Black!!! I said, "Don't know if I can go through anymore." So he offered to start the return process. Then there is a buzzing during testing that turned up. I emailed case Tech and said, “Yes please start the return process.” I ran some updates. After those updates were done I checked the PC Health again and it was Red with an X. I definitely wasn't keeping it. I don't think I can handle a buzz that happens when it wants to and not know if I am going to get the computer working in good health.

Now it is 12/23 I still do not have a return number or label emailed to me. The case Tech said he is waiting on them to process my return yet. I think they are trying to let this thing go to the 27th so they can say I waited too long to return it. It wasn't so much the Tech support guy that handled my case. It was the Tech Support I received here in my area!!! The Case Tech was great as far as diagnosing and getting the stuff rolling. Even with putting up with me. It was this XPS 8930 DESKTOP was no good to begin with. I am wondering if it is because of the Intel Optane memory? I have owned Dell before and no problems. But the Tech Support Service here handled my case terrible. I waited two extra days to get a Tech here. It was not because they were waiting on a part!!! I was never told that. Then the computer still is not right and it has a buzzing noise now when it wants.

Plus the way the Tech looked at the computer when he tried to open it. He turned it around in circles looking at it. He had no idea how to open this case. He just pulled the dang front cover off I thought he had broken it. He didn't know how to that there was a brace with two screws that goes over the power supply assembly. Then he didn't know that the power supply assembly swings out of the way. I had to tell him and he still had trouble. So I don't think I will buy a Dell product right now. At least I know don't waste my money on a service contract. I want to thank my Case Tech. I appreciate everything he did to try to fix the problems.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just bought the home computer. Set it up, shut it down and it doesn’t turn on now. Lots of problem so customer service try to help me for 2 hours testing. Nothing help so they tell me, "We will send you disk to fix it." I don’t want disk. This computer does not work, send me new one. It’s been a week so I wait and then I get email after a week that it got approved that I can get CD to fix it so now I wait for it. Pay top $$$ for it. Very disappointed and can’t get my work done. This is my last Dell???

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered a Dell desktop a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't received it, the delivery date keeps changing from 12/10, 12/11, 12/17, 12/20... so every time I called them, they always sent me to at least 3 different reps. They all asked me the same questions, it's such a waste of my time to be on the phone more 30 mins. and didn't solve my problem.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

So I ordered a Dell Inspiron gaming desktop for $799 on clearance down from $1500 (AUD), and 1 week later I check my order and it's still in the first stage of "processing" and I still haven't gotten an email confirming it's starting to be shipped and that the payment has been made through PayPal. I decide to call Dell, and they tell me that my PayPal payment was declined (and this has been happening a lot to Dell so it's their end) and that I have to pay via bank transfer. They email me the account number, BSB etc to make the payment and send me a quote to confirm the payment. I pay, and I get nothing back from them for 4 days after I send proof of payment to the two emails the quote asked me to send it to.

4 days later, I call Dell 4 times of the span of 10 hours, and each time I have to wait about ten minutes on hold to talk to a representative. They tell me that they will send me the final email confirming my order "shortly" every time, yet I wait hours on end and no email. This is currently still my situation, and it's extremely frustrating. Never, ever ordering something from Dell again. And yes, they're all Indian and can barely understand English and are completely unreliable.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Six weeks ago I called Dell to have my computer work done remotely. They said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my hard drive or my software and that it was a motherboard issue with the internal battery. They recommended sending the computer into the Dell service repair center. So I did. They called to tell me that they replaced the motherboard and a graphics card. They sent a computer back to me. The computer now does not even turn on. I sent the computer back in and they said that the hard drive needed to be erased and reinstall the software. I said that the hard drive was not backed up because Dell told me that it was not a hardware issue. They said that they would install a new hard drive and send the old hard drive back to me so I could do data recover on it later. They ended up just sending me back the computer in the same shape that it was in when it left. They fixed nothing.

So I called again and send a computer in again, it is now been almost 2 months. I finally got somebody on the phone and talk to them and told them to put in a new hard drive and send the old hard drive back to me. They did exactly that they took an old hard drive and put it in my computer and send it back to me. I was running Windows 10. Now the computer is running Windows 8. After the first try of loading a website the computer crashed and now I have a blue screen and nothing works.

I would never ever recommend buying a Dell product again or trying to use Dell customer service. The repair center in Houston, Texas is absolutely ridiculous. You cannot actually talk to anybody who’s actually working on your computer. You have to go through a separate department. This is the most ridiculous situation that I’ve ever been in. I am disputing all of the charges with my credit card company and not paying a dime. My computer is completely worthless now and I have to buy a new computer. Guess what, I am never buying a Dell again. I am furious at Dell. Do not buy a Dell or use the Dell repair service!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchase a Dell 3470 desktop. The issue is not the computer but customer service. I called customer support and not a shocker I get sent to India. The issue is lack of understanding and knowledge of the items they are so called Customer support experts in. I kept on getting transferred from customer service to the Tech department several times for over an hour. Useless.

I had just a simple question that the answer seems to elude customer service. The question was, "Does it come with a Boot up disk with drivers and software just in case my computer crashes and I have to load everything again." They kept on confusing it with hard drive. I asked, "What am I supposed to do if my computer crashes and I need to load the computer again?" They told me call customer support??? You kidding right? Had enough. I boxed the computer and going right back.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Tried to post this bad review on their website but it was moderated as “inappropriate”. What a sleazy company. I purchased this directly through Dell to get me through my senior year of college. It was a 512GB SSD w/ 4k. I’m a mechanical engineer so I use it for moderate tasks and occasional heavy modeling/simulation. As a note, it isn’t as impressive as you would think for SolidWorks as the graphics card isn’t compatible, it’d run equally as well on a computer 1/3rd the price that has a graphics card that’s SolidWorks compatible. I can forgive that since I should have done the research, but what I can forgive is that it broke 3 times in one year - on the dot every 4 months.

I take extremely good care of my stuff, always had it in a case and set it down gently - this was nearly a year’s worth of savings for me at the time so it was my baby. I started off with a 9550 with the same specs and ended up with a 9560. The first time it’d bluescreen randomly in the middle of working on a project... Hardware diagnostics came up clean until it’d bluescreen every hour at which point we found a faulty SSD. Sent it in for repairs using the expedited method (which should take 3-5 days) and it took 2 WEEKS and nearly 8 phone calls which all took over 1 hour. They replaced the SSD and 3 months later it’d get HOT, I mean too hot to even touch, and battery life would be 1 hour just sitting at an idle with fan on max.

Here we go again, nearly 10 hours on the phone cumulatively with a person from India, a 2-3 weeks wait time on “expedited” and the repair cost was beyond the cost of the laptop. Their solution was to send me a 9560 that obviously had better specs, so I wasn’t going to complain and was pleasantly surprised. 3-4 months later with the 9560 (out of warranty) and it's doing the thing again where it overheats with a 1-2 hour battery life. I’m going to use it until it catches fire but the $2k I spend on this thing probably would have been better spent in Vegas or something...

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a Dell 5420 Desktop in July 2018, 3 months into its use I contacted Dell Premium Support which I paid for as part of the purchase to add an additional users onto my computers. Over a period of 3 days and a number of technicians working on my system due to carelessness and incompetence my new Dell now has a corrupted operating system and currently is out of service. Due to my experience please do not waste your money on any tech support with Dell especially Premium Support. They are careless and poorly trained and the enormous time you have to spend on the phone with them for a very simply fix is disappointing and unacceptable, save your money and pay a real tech professional.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Dell did a wonderful job fixing my Windows 10 laptop. After trying on the phone for 2 weeks I had it back in 3 days and so far it's great. I don't believe all those bad reviews. I always have good luck. Thank you Dell.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought a new Inspiron 3655 in November 2017. Five weeks later it would not restart, and I contacted Dell Support and followed the instructions from the on-line Dell tech. After various at-home diagnostics failed, it was sent for repair. Upon its return, it worked for 24 hours and again failed to restart. (Windows 10 does not open.) I contacted Dell Support, and the cycle repeated. This has happened a total of 8 times, and I am done. I was informed that Dell will only replace a new computer within 4 weeks of purchase.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

This is the 2nd Dell All in One I bought. It is also the last one I buy. Won't get into a lot of detail because it would take too long. It runs terrible. Just now took 10 mins to load. But first it wouldn't even come on even though the power was on. Nothing on the screen just black. Powered off and back on, took at least 10 mins to come up. this computer is only 5 or 6 months old. With all the latest anti virus SW. The first one didn't last that long before it started screwing up. Bottom line I don't like it.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Took over an hour to find someone who would take a tax exempt order for two computers. Finally placed the order and then in a few days found that the shipping date had been pushed back almost two weeks. Contacted Dell to see if they would upgrade shipping on the unit and was told no. Never had this problem with HP and will never use Dell products again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a gaming desktop computer from Dell in March 2018. It arrived in April broken, was serviced but not fixed. Was send in for repairs. They kept the machine for 6 weeks. The replacement broke in less than two and a half months. Currently my GPU is cooking my CPU. I've made requests to have it looked at.

They've failed to call twice on days I was available. They are not replying to my e-mails. Never buy a computer from Dell. It's a scam. They don't care about their customers, they just want your money.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I've only had Dell desktop computers, but never again! My computer is just a few years old and my paid extended warranty expired. I see that there are 4 updates that I can't get unless I buy another extended warranty for one of two prices...either $239 for 1 year or $139 for a one-time fix. Why do that when there will continue to be updates. Whenever my computer goes down I'll definitely go to a different manufacturer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought desktop 3-5 years ago from Dell and it was working until last night and it stops. So with computer I received USB stick for Recovery and stuff, and I used that stick last night to recover my Comp. But today it keep asking for a Product Key which I did not received in package. I call "Customer Service" (they are worthless) that after few people and lot of frustration last one tell me that I have to pay for a New Key. Please be smart people. Do not buy from Dell. They are cheaters.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 24 3000 all in one on 6/30/18, On 7/29/18 I got a notice to update my computer. After I updated the computer it began to run slow. Start up was slow and videos began to freeze up/I contacted Dell support. I spoke to someone with broken English. I told him what the problem was. He told me to shut the computer off. He then told me to hold the Fn key down and hit the power key. I told him I can't do that because the computer is off and I can't hit the power button. He then transferred me to the software dept. where another broken English person told me it's a software problem and it would cost $200.00 to fix. I said, "I'm not paying that."

I then called Best Buy, where I purchased the computer. I explained to them what happened. They told me to bring the computer to them {they are over an hour away} and they will fix it with no charge. They performed tests on it. They said it was a software problem and it would cost $200.00 to fix. They said it was caused by me updating the computer. They said a virus must have got in while I was updating it. They said I had 2 options. They could fix it or I could send it in to Dell. I said I have the computer here so I told them to fix it.

Now we are without a computer for a couple days and we are out $200.00. We paid $763.17 for this computer plus $40.00 to Best Buy to set up the computer, so all we had to do is bring the computer home and plug it in. I usually don't buy new computers. The last computers we had, we bought at a university trash to treasure sale for $60,00 a piece, we had those computers for several years, This computer we had for 1 Month and it's broke. How can a well known company sell poor quality junk. This computer was to have supposed to have everything on it to fix itself. It also had anti-virus protection and nothing worked.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Bought the computer (Dell Optiplex 9020)... Dell failed to fix the unit using their online diagnostics technicians. Dell then sent a technician to the house who replaced the motherboard, the hard drive, the operating system 2x, and finally they replaced the Intel i7 with an Intel i5 and the computer still shuts down and reboots without warning. The unit's warranty period has expired and Dell keeps telling me it's my problem unless I pay more money to have them not to fix my computer. The company is too big to care... will never buy a Dell product again. I bought the unit because of the i7 inside and now I don't even have that.

Dell Desktops Company Information