1.55/5

Baldwin Park, CA

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

362 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have two computers from CyberPC; one laptop, one desktop. Over the course of a couple of years each one of them have had a major issue, here they are: Laptop: The graphics card went out, and the keyboard stopped working. I called CyberPC several times and was met with one great tech support guy, the other was a complete jerk. The jerk placed me on hold immediately and was rude the entire time. He offered me no solutions to the technical problems. You could tell he was burdened by having to remotely do his job. Desktop: The power source went out and had to be replaced. The video card shuts down periodically when playing videos. I sent Cyberpower a few emails, not a one was ever answered.

Here's what you need to know before you buy: (a) Because the computers are 'custom' you will not easily find a repair shop to fix anything, (b) Anything that goes wrong you will be required to mail in the computer and pay for each shipment, (c) Technical support is a hassle, (d) They are not worth the money. I will never purchase a computer from CyberPC again. Don't read the reviews of the recently purchased computers and think you're getting a good deal, it's what happens down the road that defines a company. They do not stand behind their products or workmanship. Stay away.

Dear Thomas,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you still need assistance with the PC please let us know; we're always happy to help. However I do want to clear up something, regarding the PCs, while they are custom they are not proprietary. They use industry standard parts from the worlds leading computer brands, so replacements and repairs are entirely possible if wish to be done on their own.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Purchased my PC from Staples one of their retail service provided. Within 1st week of use we started receiving an error for watch dog violation, we bypassed it few times as the PC worked after for few hours. This went on for couple more weeks. Finally one day after about 4 weeks we got the error and couldn’t bypass it. Called the customer care and they gave us bunch of instructions to follow, it went on for few days and nothing worked. They asked us to send the computer for fixing however they do not have a service centre in Canada. Top of that they do not cover the shipping charges to send the computer to California

We sent it however and after almost 2 months and number of calls we received our PC today and my son was super excited to finally get his computer back but guess what? We plug it in and we get the same damn error which tells us there has nothing been done. I call them back and they tell me they have no record of the PC being sent, it was a hard drive. How ridiculous is this? We have the shipment tracking showing the PC being sent, received there and ever time I have called they have told me the progress on tests being carried out. I get the PC back too with UPS tracking showing 35 lbs package which cannot be a hard drive

This has completely thrown me out of believing any more **.

I was told nothing can be done except sending the PC back. Really? Send it back for what? Keep repeating this ** and paying for shipping and waiting for computer that we have spend $1100 for nothing. It is nothing but a piece of garbage. I will fight and want refund for this along with compensation of everything we have been thru. Only advise to all is do not buy CyberpowerPC ever.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please feel free to email us directly as we would to look in to this matter.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had purchased the above gaming laptop from CyberPowerPC in late 2017 after saving for it for a while ($2700 price tag). Worked great until 10 months in, then wouldn't power on. Paid $200 to send it to the company for diagnostics, and they "fixed it" and sent it back. Received it and went to use it and it powered up but nothing on the screen.

Called the tech line and after trying things at home it was determined that my screen was out and that I would have to send it in to have the LCD replaced; they paid to have it shipped this time. They received it 2 days after I sent it in, and 12 days later I sent an email requesting an update and was told to call immediately because my screen had a crack in it. I called and was told that the LCD had an internal crack and that is why it wasn't working and that I would have to pay for a new LCD due to user damage - keep in mind it wasn't working when I got it back from the first time and they had it 12 days before they contacted me.

I called and spoke with Danny ** who informed me of all this - I asked to speak to his manager and he told me he didn't have anyone higher than him. We went back and forth with him hanging up on me 3 times! Finally he said he was going to get quotes for a new LCD and would let me know what it would be; I stressed on him that this was NOT due to user error and that CyberPowerPC would have to cover the cost. I am still waiting on a reply...

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out - we are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Please email us directly if you are still working on this matter with Danny, we would like to take a deeper look in to this case.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

As someone else mentioned, the sales support at CyberPowerPC is horrendous. If you can avoid, I would avoid at all cost! I also interacted with Willis who was the sales manager for my order. The case I wanted was backlogged, so got a notice asking me if I wanted to wait or choose a different color. The email said they had NO ETA for the case I ordered, so I called and asked if they had any idea of an estimate of the wait I could expect so I can make my decision. The response after talking to Willis was, "no ETA means no ETA, what more do you want?!" All he had to say was, "Sorry but because the manufacturer didn't provide us with the ETA when the orders will come in, so we can't give out that information."

That's not all, I also asked for a slight modification to my order. A very minor change. After my request, Willis told me my request was confirmed/approved. I then asked if I can get a confirmation (written), Willis tells me, "I told you it was confirmed." Then I clarify that I was asking for some type of written confirmation if possible. He tells me "I told you your request was confirmed" and something along the lines of "What more do you want" or "We don't do written confirmations." Literally, the worst sales rep/support I have ever experienced. Avoid at all cost!!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out - we are sorry to hear of your experience. It is very concerning to us so we will take a look in to this matter. We hope the Pc at this time was received well, if you have any issues then please email us directly.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Today I call CyberPowerPC, I tried to talk to the HR or customer service dep. for a horrible treatment from one of your employees. He is the manager (Willis **), he cancels my order without my request 2k$. Lost the special. Willis is representing the company and he can cancel and denied service to anyone he doesn't like. Tried to talk with someone else he said he was the boss, the conversation wasn't recorded so he can do whatever he wants and treat you and do what he pleases with your order. Apparently, they can refuse and cancel anyone's order.

Please be advised that this company doesn't care whatsoever about customer satisfaction and even worst they let their manager put their ego first (I did not insult him nor was aggressive to him). I call to complain, instead of saying there is nothing we can do... he cancels my order and hangs up the phone. I chose CyberPowerPC over their competitor on Black Friday, Willis cancels my order and now I have to pay 700$+ to buy the same PC. Call to complain about a misunderstanding. Nobody cared. Thank CyberPowerPC for making me choose you to then cancel my order without my permission and make me lost my time, money and the chance to buy my dream PC on special.

Dear Gerardo,

Thanks for reaching out - we are sorry to hear of your experience. We will take a deeper look in to this matter. We aim to offer excellent customer service and be as helpful as we possibly can. unfortunately what you describe is concerning so thank yo for letting us know.

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I felt I should review CyberPowerPC. When I was reading reviews it had me worried until my product came. I read reviews after ordering and while waiting for shipping. My experience was total opposite of what I've read. They were fast to respond to emails, they were nice and courteous. PC was built in 4 days and shipped. Shipping took a week CA to NY. PC came well boxed, I didn't order any extra but the packing foam in the case.

GPU is an MSI Duke 1070ti, runs nice, so far no issues. Water cooled CPU AIO system, no issues as of yet and arrived no leaks. They woulda got 5 stars but they didn't hook up the DVD ROM. Not a biggie. Two seconds to hook up the data cable, and the keyboard they sent that I paid for with promotional 5$, was DOA. I don't wanna go and hassle for a new one and I had a spare one. That one was filmy and bent in when I pushed a key. Anyways, I didn't like it. So far it's running great. I usually build my own PCs but wanted to finance this all at once and on a specific credit card through the military exchange, so my options were limited.

Hindsight I wish I would have upgraded to a better water cooler and case fans. Not that I am having any performance issues with it now, but for two reasons, one I feel it's cheap, and considering its job, I'd felt more comfortable with a bigger and maybe a better brand. Time will tell... And second it's not appealing to the eye. Being a glass side case, and having well hidden cables, two black tubes sorta in the center, are ugly. The case fans that came with case are just okay, I'd like better airflow from them, will add more to the top, But that's about it. I'm happy with my purchase and happy with CyberPowerPC. Only part I cannot review is RMA or Warranty claims and sorry. I hope I never have to.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If your PC works it's great. If not then they suck. Customer service clearly under staffed and slow. Bought a PC that was meant to have Chrome and Firefox installed. These weren't installed and they never even turned PC on to see if it worked. Which it didn't. Froze constantly couldn't even have FB open without it breaking every time I had a notification. Even blue screen more than once. They agreed to send a new card. Which was delayed and only knew because I called. When it did arrive it made no difference. Called again. Said they'd send a USB to reinstall the windows they didn't check. Failed to send. Sent again still more delays. This is on top of the hours it took to actually get through to "customer" service. Finally insisted on a refund... depending if they actually keep their promise and actually refund as soon as they receive the PC I may increase the rating.

Dear Lila,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. However, we do not preinstall software in to the Pc or have USBs containing the OS. All copies of Windows are provided in a disk. I also want to make it clear, we test each Pc before shipping out the computers, we record and monitor so if we do catch any issue we identify it and resolve it. Let us know if you wish to receive information. Feel free to contact our RMA department for any status on your refund.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

So I've been building my own computers since, hmmm, I'd say around 1992 or so. Pretty much had a Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 if you know what that means. At this point in my life, I didn't feel like building something from scratch anymore, and besides, I have the dough, so why not. I compared CyberPowerPC with the usual boutique gaming computer builders, Falcon, Alienware, Digital Storm etc, and realized that most of them were overpriced. I know what components cost, and I knew I'd be paying a huge premium for a "name brand" computer. Worse, a lot of the boutique builders had really limited selection in terms of components, cases, etc. Not CyberPowerPC, it's like being a fat kid in a candy store on their website (for computer geeks). So picked out the components, I9 9900k, RTX 2080ti blah blah blah, 32 GB DDR 4 ram, 970 pro M2 SSD... Ok at the end it came out to 4000 dollars.

Now I paid extra for the "ultra enhanced packing solution" thing, where they actually inflate foam in the chassis with all the components in place before they double pack it in boxes and send it out. It was quite weird to see in person, but hey, it worked. I've driven cross country with my computers laying down and had stuff jarred loose, so imagine when you have a bunch of UPS guys drop kicking your computer across the warehouse "this is gonna be one pissed off geek boys!!!" (Just kidding, they don't do that:-)). At any rate, computers, especially with the heavier components (modern video cards), gigantic CPU heatsinks, custom made liquid cooling systems, are just asking to be damaged during transit. Not CyberPower's fault, it's out of their hands as soon as it leaves their business.

I was also aware that BECAUSE I had ordered some pretty high end stuff that haven't even come out yet, or were in high demand, that there was going to be some delay or back orders involved. There was, but not more than a week. Well, after I placed my order, decided to look them up and came across this website. GULP. What have I done? Yeah I sweat a few bullets after reading report after report of problems, but hey, people take the time to write these reviews when they're pissed, not when everything has gone fine. They're too busy playing games. I did spend the extra $19 dollars for free shipping during the warranty period (A year). I mean c'mon, shipping at your expense is $50 to $150 and you won't spend $19 bucks?

Ok bottom line, got my computer, works fine right off the bat, benchmarks on User Bench was UFO which is the highest rating in all benches. I'm pretty damn happy with my purchase, have no complaints whatsoever, and I'm relieved that I didn't experience what some of the people on here have. I have to say though, a lot of these reviews are kind of nit picky. If you bought a prebuilt computer from Amazon or BestBuy, work with those guys first. What exactly do you expect from a pre built off the shelf computer? High end parts?

If you buy liquid cooling, and it leaks, well, yeah that happens, which is why I don't do it. Even the self contained cooling systems leak at times. When you have one custom made... Well good luck. Fluid and electrical components don't usually mix, why risk it? Some people claim they bought their sub $1000 dollar "gaming computer" and aren't happy. C'mon, that's not a gaming computer, my video card alone is worth more.

Anyone who is buying one of these machines better know how to work on computers. Why? Because things go wrong all the time, parts fail, connections get loose, cards get unseated, fans don't work. I know I know... "I paid this much money and it damn well better work!" I agree, however, that's life, and you can either learn how to check things out yourself and fix it in a day, or you can send it back and expect a two month wait for it to return, if not more.

Building my own rigs, I've dealt with bad motherboards, ram, video cards, sound cards, hard drives, and power supplies. Things sometimes don't work right off the bat. That's why I always have extra parts in my home. I have six computers (4 of them gaming), all handmade by me, that way if something goes down, I can try replacing suspected bad parts, get the computer working again, until I can get a newer replacement part. Having spare parts makes it quite easy to identify what the failing part is.

Last thing, CyberPower PC had 60 million in sales last year. If the average computer was 2000 dollars, that's about 30,000 computers they sold in one year. There are about 300 complaints here. That's 1 percent of the computers they built. This probably won't be a popular review... But ah well, I thought they did a good job and didn't want to help "yelp" them into oblivion.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I typically build my own systems. Last Black Friday I was looking to build a Threadripper rig and ran through CyberPower’s custom builds. With the sales I was able to build the system, for $1680 after shipping which if you know anything about computers it was impossible to buy the parts to do that on the open market that cheap. I pulled the trigger. The system was very cleanly built and arrived safely. It was double boxed in a very heavy duty box. Due to the holidays I was in contact with them about projected ship dates and they responded promptly.

I did not order professional wiring because I figured I could rewire it myself if needed. Their wiring was done nicely. I ordered with a cheap PSU intending to upgrade. They used a quality unit. I deleted the case fans because I had some, they included one Raidmax for free. The only issues I had are the liquid cooling fans died. They sent new ones within a week and the video card started artifacting and they sent a new one within a week, both were painless exchanges. Otherwise they built a clean system and I’ve been using it daily since without issue.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I tried to make a 1.5k dollar purchase of their "Gamer Infinity 8000" build but even CyberPower didn't know what to give me... In the forum I made an attempt to get help with my purchase, but the best "advice" I got was in broken English and completely useless. As many of the other results say, CyberPower's support is not the best. Just do Ctrl+F and type "deeply" and you'll see all of CyberPower's "support" summed up.

I'm so tired of: "Dear INSERTNAMEHERE, We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We can have the PC brought in for service so we can check and address any issue it is having running Fortnite. Tech support: (888)937-5582 - CyberpowerPC Support". It's 2018, You shouldn't have to call a support number and wait on hold. Invest in online support that works.

Dear Ethan,

Please feel free to email us directly, we would like to know more about this matter. Based off your comment it appears there was an issue placing the order or completing the order. Again feel free to email us at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

So, anyone who reads these reviews should take note that CyberPower didn't even respond back to my last reply on here lol. That was in August! Do not fall for the fake reviews on their site!!! You want true information? It's here and other places as well. These dudes are a joke. If they truly gave a **, they would take care of small issues and reply back to these reviews which, as you can clearly see, they never did. I'm not surprised one bit, but I just want others to read this so they do not have to go through all the crap I've had and STILL are currently dealing with regarding a 3k rig I bought. Shady, sketch company with HORRIBLE customer service. BEWARE!!!

I know a lot of people who bought from these scammers and they all had issues with theirs too. So it's definitely not a rare occurrence with this company. Really sad to see companies that are this greedy and careless. I have prevented countless people from purchasing from CyberPower and I will not stop putting the word out. These guys don't deserve to be in business and I will be sure to let the world know to stay away since they clearly have proven they do not give a ** about you once they got your money. I can prove all of this information as well. I'm not making as my of this up! STAY AWAY!!!

Once you pay them, you can prepare yourself for a world of issues and bad customer service. My PC isn't even a year old and I've had problems since day one. They say they offer lifetime tech support yet anytime you call them they try to get rid of you as fast as possible and send you a email of steps to try which never work. A reputable company would stay in the phone with a customer who is having technical issues, and make sure everything is resolved before hanging up. Do not expect any of that from these dudes.

They will also tell you if you do ship your PC to them, that they use used and refurbished parts to repair warranty claims. PLUS, they say any part they take out is their property and they will keep it and most likely use it in someone else's PC from what I've seen so far. Their entire business model is set up to scam people out of money and to make them as much profit by any means necessary. I really wish I did more research on CyberPower before dropping 3 stacks! 1 star is giving them too much credit but that is as low as I can go on the reviews unfortunately.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We reply to all reviews here, we are sorry if our response did not appear on your comment. If a PC were to arrive or encounter any issue we offer our warranty service to ensure the issue is addressed. Regarding refurbished items, there is a time and place when this is done. That is generally due to the need to replace an item that can not be acquire new from the manufacturer; all this can be found publicly on our site.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I initially placed my order that totaled $3k on August 29, 2018 where I pre-ordered the new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6. I was told my credit card charge didn't go through because of the billing and shipping address not matching. I both gave them a scan of my ID with my billing address to prove it was me and called my bank. The card was run again and again failed. Turns out, Leo (my CSR) entered the wrong numbers so I had to call him and give him the correct numbers. He said the order would not be actually placed until the card was available which would be around 9/20. 9/20 came and went. No charge was made and no communication from CyberPower. I contacted Leo asking for an update. Only then did he actually charge the card and "start" the order. There was a shipping date of 10/12.

On 10/9 I was notified via email that the order was put on hold due to the CPU I chose being on back order - there would be a slight delay. On 10/11 I got another email saying the order needs to be canceled because the CPU is no longer available and there is no similar upgrade or replacement. I was supposed to cancel and start all over. Needless to say I was shocked. I asked for more details... Why is this part not available? It was available when I ordered it. Would I go to the back of the line if I canceled and started all over (The video card is now on back order everywhere), would I lose all my perks when I ordered? Is there a reason something couldn't be replaced and my card charged the difference? I got the response explaining that the CPU was pushed back since early September. They only now got confirmation of discontinuation (however I can see other stores still offer it).

None of my other questions/concerns were answered. I then responded that I am shocked how a company would treat an order where they have the money IN HAND and all they need to do is contact me and let me know my options for moving forward. If they were unwilling to work with me any further, then I asked them to cancel the order. Today, 10/17/2018, I got an email from Leo telling me my order is canceled. Wow, just wow. So nearly two months later I am back to square one. Stay away from this place. Their communication is absolutely abhorrent and they quite frankly don't deserve your business.

Dear Mark,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Do keep in mind, when acquiring the parts to build the system it is possible during that process items can enter back ordered status. We understand you have opted to to cancel your order. We do wish you the best of luck on your PC purchasing venture.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I finally plunged into the deep end and custom configured my Dream PC with CyberPowerPC. My system was a Hyper Liquid Alloy Pro with a RTX 2080 Ti, 32gb of DDR3 3200 RAM, Raid0 2x HDD, Raid0 2x SSD, Raid0 M.2 and I selected the 30% Overclocking option. The Good: The Order Configuration web application is fantastic (and fun!). The Support I received from their Sales and Configuration Team before and during the fulfillment process was excellent. Leo ** was highly communicative and helped with an order modification and a parts replacement issue in a very timely manner. The water cooling alloy tubes are tight, sturdy, and show no sign of possible leakage. The cabling of the install was very good and as orderly as it could have been.

A lot of parts were crammed into a full ATX case and it was clear that a great deal of care went into how/where wires should be run through. Packaging was excellent. Not a single part or cable fell out of place on a cross-country shipment. Raid0 configurations on all of the HDD/SSDs were set correctly. Everything purchased and used for the rig setup was included in the final shipment. Even the CPU cooling paste!

The Not so Good: I specifically ordered and confirmed GPU water cooling on the EVGA RTX 2018 TI XC Ultra and it was not installed. The Asus Maximus Code Motherboard was running a BIOS that was three versions behind the current version and a year out of date. I paid extra for the Ultimate Overclock configuration and it was not applied. I managed to set up the +30% OC settings on the Bios and GPUs respectively. I installed the EVGA Precision XOC and added the 30% MHz OC to the card myself. After I updated the Motherboard firmware, I overclocked the Intel 8086k LE using the ASUS ROG OC Profile and disabled the CPU Fan Warning Monitor that halted the startup process.

The Nit-picky: The Water Cooling Alloy Tubing was cut and set at angles that are visually uneven. The position and I/O for the reservoir didn’t make it easy to create clean tubing lines, but the line from the reservoir to the CPU block had nothing to prevent the tubing from being parallel to the ground. The Reservoir Tank was not completely filled to the top. However, I am guessing that this is due to allowing clearance room for atmospheric pressure changes during shipment.

Thankfully, I am fairly experienced in PC building and could overcome most of the shortcomings on my own. As a suggestion to the good folks at CyberPower, I would consider better documentation on how a configured system was overclocked if the customer pays extra for that service. Not many people are comfortable or knowledgeable on BIOS settings (or what a BIOS is). A step-by-step guide is required, but a bulleted list of configurations applied should suffice to make a customer feel like they got what they paid extra for without fully inundating them in esoterica.

Overall, I am very happy with the order and would still refer people to buy Gaming PC rigs from CyberPower. The Good column outweighs the Bad column in all of the most important ways. The system is beautiful and the frame rate on all of my favorite simulators is silky smooth. I would caution those who have more detailed customizations to communicate directly with the Builder team to ensure that all of your parts and requests are met.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased a customized PC along with Windows 10 from CyberPowerPC in 2017. I just recently upgraded my motherboard on the PC and found out that the same Windows 10 is no longer valid. I contacted CyberPowerPC and was told that when I purchased the Windows 10 from them, it was only good for that motherboard and that any major hardware upgrades I did would render the Windows 10 useless. So be careful when purchasing a system from CyberPowerPC with Windows 10 because it is only good until you do an upgrade and then you will have to purchase Windows again.

Dear George,

We are deeply sorry for the confusion. As long as the motherboard is not to old it can support the installment of Windows 10, however, the Key should be digital and that is tied to the motherboard we provided. The warranty does not cover the lose of the license through upgrades. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Recently purchased a computer from CyberPower. When the computer arrives 3 weeks later, after plugging it in find out that the DVD drive won't eject. So figure maybe just a button issue and try it via the operating system. No luck there either. So we remove the cover. Come to find out the DVD drive they installed isn't even hooked up. No power and no data. Should be an easy fix as every drive comes with a cable and they send you the product boxes and manuals so should be with them. No cable found. Tried to call them on a Monday and support was backed up so long I couldn't hold that long while at work, reading the reviews here now I know why.

So I tried again on Tuesday and was able to get in touch with someone over the phone. He apologizes for the problem and assures me the problem can get taken care of right away. He would just need me to send him a picture of the drive in the case. Lucky me I just happened to take one so he sends me a blank email to which I reply with the picture. An hour later I get a reply saying thanks.

Several days later I don't have a cable yet, and don't have any notification about the shipping of the cable. So again I contact support. This time by the web chat. After it telling me my expected wait time was only going to be 11 seconds for over 15 minutes I finally get connected to a support technician. They proceed to tell me that it takes 3 days to process orders. I tell him this isn't an order it's a screw up for their mistake.

I was lead to believe it would be shipped out right away. He tells me that their ticketing system doesn't allow them to do that. I ask to speak to a manager then. He tells me that he can't transfer me to a manager. I ask if I call in can I talk to a manager. He tells me no. The only way to talk to anyone higher up would be to contact dispute@cyberpowerpc.com. To which I sent an email that afternoon. Still have yet to hear anything back from them. Finally got a shipping number for what I hope is the right cable being shipped out. It gets here Thursday so lets hope there are no other issues after I plug it in. I already had to adjust how it was mounted in the case so it would work with the case as it was getting hung up.

I had seen the reviews before but the other laptop and desktop I ordered from them came in with no problems or issues other than I can't buy a new battery for the laptop from them and nobody else makes one. So I ordered again. When it comes to this place don't expect quality service and definitely don't expect customer service skills at all. You'd have more luck with customer service from the U.S. Congress it's that bad.

Hello Kirk,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your experience. I would like to take a deeper look in to this matter so if you may can you email me directly with any information about your Pc.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought my gaming PC about a week before it arrived, arrived on time and I don't usually write reviews but like others due to the large quantity of bad reviews I feel I should tell people. The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is due to one issue I had, one of my fans that should have been attached to the roof had came off during delivery and I managed to fix it myself but support were not very helpful, they insisted my case had a clip when it did not. Overall though I am very happy with the PC and it was more the design of the fan itself, this PC is far better than my previous and CyberPowerPC was far cheaper than the alternatives that I looked at, a few things could be improved, mainly with support, but overall it was worth it. I also found their PC customising page very easy to use, unlike other sites.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I pre-ordered a pc with the RTX 2080ti a month (8/22) before release. Two days before the release of the 2080ti (9/25) I get an e-mail notifying me that the CPU and case that I picked was on back order. The same day I e-mailed the representative who was handling my order about a new grand total if I were to upgrade my CPU. Never got a response. 9/28 I called and asked what was going on with my order. I was now told that the case was on back order until an unknown time and the CPU and GPU would be in next week.

Customer service on the phone told me I can e-mail my representative if I wanted to change my case for something else they had in stock. Once again I e-mail my rep with the new case I want and don't get a response. Today (10/1) I call in to find out why I never got an response and I'm told once again that my CPU is on back order and won't be in for another 3 weeks. My credit card was charged the day after I placed my order for parts that weren't even in stock. $2800 for parts that they didn't have. This would have been my third purchase from them but I cancelled my order and will never make another purchase at CyberPowerPC again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Purchased this game computer in January of 2018. In August of 2018 my graphics card started giving me a white screen, I’ve spoke to Cesar and they took my credit card info and never shipped the card. Today September 25 and I called and they did not ship my new card, I would not recommend this company for customer services. GUA2600BST is a problematic unit.

Dear Joe,

We are deeply sorry to hear of any inconvenience. We would like to look in to this matter further so please do not hesitate to email us directly with more information on this situation.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered my computer from CyberPowerPC back towards the end of May 2018 and have constant issues with the product. ** - is what I ordered. I decided that this PC was going to be an all out build for me since it would last awhile. With that they offered financing through Affirm who I've used through other websites without any issues. Now the problem I still don't have my PC. The reason being is that when it was delivered the first time, the liquid cooling leaked all over the PC in the box, the packaging was terrible and from what I could tell with the box there wasn't any damage. The damage that was there was from the liquid cooling leaking out of the box/boxes causes the cardboard to basically deteriorate and cause damage from within.

An RMA was issued, I returned and got the PC back on 6/30/2018. I checked the PC for any leaks and ensured that everything that needed to be removed such as the packaging was taken out of the PC case. I did a test a few test runs with it to ensure that nothing was overheating. Had no problems. After about a week of having the computer a pipe for the water cooler that I ordered Burst mid use. I was luckily at my computer when this had happened and unplugged it as fast as I could. This is where I started to get annoyed. I set up another RMA, returned the product to which They were reaching out to me about changing the open loop cooler to a closed loop one. The rep asked me which part I liked and sent me a link to their website to choose from.

So I picked the part I wanted, wrote them back and proceeded to ask about the difference in cost. They originally stated that the cost would not be adjusted since there is a restocking fee but with the complications I had been having they took it into consideration. The PC was rebuilt from what I was told, and it took them 1 1/2 months before they shipped it out again. The next time it was shipped back out to me was on 8-15-2018 to which I had to refuse delivery. I walked out to the UPS truck where it was being pulled forward for me to sign and upon having it pulled forward the box was leaking water so I refused delivery.

The reason it was declined wasn't relayed to them so they contacted me the next day on 8-16-2018 but I wasn't available to speak with them due to work so I called back on 8-17-2018. They were confused as to why it was returned so I explained to them that my issue. It turns out that after it was discussed to have the open loop cooler swapped to a closed loop, this was never done. So the part that has been giving me issues was put back into my PC and returned to me. The cost was never adjusted with Affirm for the decrease in parts or anything. I've attempted to email their customer care department based off of the email - Customercare@cyberpowerpc.com that was given to responses on this website and they never replied back.

It's almost been 5 months since I placed the order with this company and tomorrow I get my computer. So we'll see if they messed up again or not. I wanted to have a refund issued due to the complications and poor service I've received with this whole ordeal. I attempted to request supervisor and or manager for assistance and was told that there was no one else but the one RMA rep to help me. In fact when I explained my issues to them and that a refund was being highly considered it was explained that I get screwed over super hard if I were to start the refund process. I wouldn't get shipping back (which is understandable) but that I would be paying a restocking fee. This bothered due to the fact of the service that I'm paying them for isn't being provided so as a customer, they're failing to delivery the product I am purchasing from them.

The lack of customer support/care is appalling and is the worst experience I've ever had. The communication skills between different departments seems like it is almost non existent. The option on their site to pick better packaging seems like that should given automatically. It's not like the products from this site are cheap. Overall, worst customer experience I've ever had and I'm basically stuck with them because I lose a fair amount of money if I refund it as well as a pointless credit hit since I chose to finance the loan through Affirm. As far as the product, I don't even have it since I ordered back in May.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2018

Got a config list of my pc build from them. I feel most of them are correct, but some of them shouldn't be my picks. Talked with some experienced pc builders. They also said the price was too over charged.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered my first custom desktop on CyberPowerPC in June 2015. I chose parts I wanted on their website and paid for them. At that time, I only had a little knowledge about custom computer. First of all, it took so long to arrive at my house. After I received it, I just connected the power line and began to use computer. Everything felt good since I didn't use this computer for any heavy duty. Most of the games I played only required low to mid tier computer config. This year I played some games that make GPU's temperature went up to 70-86°C so fast and I felt lag in games. Only (10-30ish FPS). In order to protect my pc's lifetime. I uninstalled those games and back to games like LOL, only require low-mid tier hardware. A few days ago (Sep 2018), my desktop stopped running. I opened the case cover. I was shocked.

First Fraud. In my order, my PSU (power supply unit) was 1,000 W. I planned this for any future part upgrades. What I see now, it is a CORSAIR CS 650 M. I did a search on this PSU, it is 650 W. So CyberPwerPC charged me for what I picked, 1,000W PSU, for a 650 W. I took a picture down +1. Second Fraud. My RAM choice were G.SKIL DDR4 8 GB (2X4) 3200MHz. What I see inside the case are G. SKILL DDR3 8GB (2X4) 2133MHz. I took another picture down here +2. So, these were what I found. I don't know if there are more scams inside my computer case. I will bring this case to the local computer repair store and find out.

The reason that I opened my computer case was that I saw some Tech YouTubers posted some videos on YouTube showing that some online custom build pc companies (One of the case I saw was CyberPowerPC) cheat customers on PSU (power supply unit) since people always check CPU, GPS, RAM, and storage and they are so easy to check through the computer system without installing other software. If you purchased PC from CyberPowerPC with some modification from their deal list or any. Download a good software to check your pc's detailed information and just open the case cover and take some pictures for each part. Ask or search after that. Hope they haven't cheated on you.

Dear Jian,

This concerning. We understand the Pc was purchased much earlier but we would like to take a look in to this to get a better idea of how this happened. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

- Cyberpowerpc Support

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Buying from CyberPowerPC is one of the worst experiences. Customer service sucks especially from the manager! If you have to return the product, good luck! Refunds take forever to credit back and have fun paying for return shipping.

Dear Jay,

We are deeply sorry to hear for any inconvenience. Our refund process does have a general turn around time. But do keep in mind once the refund has processed and sent back to your account it can then take some time for your bank to see the refund. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The initial purchase was made in July of 2017. I understood I was buying a mid-tier computer from CyberPowerPC off of Amazon. I purchased the 3-year protection plan from SquareTrade just in case. A little over a year later...all three case fans have seized up. The single fan in the back shows brown discoloration which is a sign of electrical issues. The centers, where the motors are, all get warm and the LEDs light up. They simply don't move and are very hard to rotate even by hand. All of this would be a non-issue if tech support were helpful...or even responded. I tried the live chat on their CyberPower website on the first night. After a short wait, the chat host said they were going to transfer me to tech support. There was a 20 minute wait. After 20 minutes, the chat said no representative was available and to try again later.

So, I decided to both e-mail tech support and use the form on their website. I did not receive a follow-up e-mail the next day. I would have easily accepted an e-mail saying they received my report and would reply as soon as they could, but I got silence. I tried the chat again. This time I didn't even get to the first representative. After a 50-minute wait, it said no one was available and ended. So, I sit here with a paperweight because it cannot be operated without fans to cool it down without risking major issues. I was hoping to not file a report with SquareTrade, but it looks like that is where this will need to go. The computer is fine when operable, but the lack of customer service is almost inexcusable in this day and age. I would not recommend using this company. You are better off buying a standard unit from Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

Dear Nathan,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you still require any assistance with the Pc then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I read many reviews about this company. Sadly I decided to buy a computer anyway from them. I decided to get my 2000 dollar gaming computer and forgot to order a real power supply instead of their stock part. Computer arrived damaged and it had to be sent back. It then arrived again 2 months after I originally bought it. It worked for 2 days and then stopped connecting to my monitor. I then had to send it back again. The video card had died and needed to be replaced. The low quality power supply killing the GPU is a common theme among most reviews and I was lucky enough to see it first hand. However, they fixed it and I was happy.

The computer had very light use over the next few months. I even sprang for a new laptop from them. Unfortunately, Now we are 10 days after my 1 year anniversary of buying the computer and once again the computer is not able to connect to the monitor and I have exhausted all other possibilities, but the fact that once again the graphics card has been killed. Even though the new graphics card was placed in November of last year (roughly 10 months ago) CyberPowerPC is stating my warranty is expired. Buyer beware. They may seem like a deal but you are gambling with your money.

Dear Anthony,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that the PC has given out on you. All of the parts that we use to
assemble our systems much adhere to the industry standards for failure rates/methods & are expected to last

much longer than 10 months, though due to the delicate nature of PC hardware these things can happen,

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased an $1800 laptop that was shipped to me with the touchpad not working. Not what I would expect from a brand new expensive laptop but an email and some drivers and I got it working. No big deal. I downloaded Steam and Microsoft office and then the laptop sat on my desk going mostly unused for the next month besides some internet browsing. Lo and behold I go to start up my laptop 35 days after purchasing and have a blue screen and it refuses to start.

After a month of back and forth emails with technical support, they cannot resolve it and claim it may be due to a faulty motherboard. Since this is my second issue within a month I want to return the faulty laptop since it was supposed to last me for six months while on deployment for the Marine Corps. I figure if the laptop can’t survive a month on my desk it wont survive six months on a ship. They “allow” me the privilege of returning the laptop minus insured shipping fees and a 15% restocking fee. I am amazed that a return customer being sold faulty equipment would have to spend upwards of $400 to return a bad product. I would stay away from this company and their shoddy business practices.

Dear Dalton,

We're deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding the touch pad, it may require a driver to function. while we do test the PC before shipping it out, we also set it to back to its original state which can sometimes roll back some drivers. As for the refund, we do allow items to be refunded within 30 days of receiving it, however since it did past that period we can only offer a refund with a small restocking fee.

Tech Support:

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Around February, I purchased a gaming computer from CyberPower. 660$ later and about 2-3 weeks I received my computer, I plug it in, connect my monitor etc. and... BSOD. I’m thinking ok I probably just need to update drivers etc. Did all of this... BSOD. Ever since I received the computer, I have have countless BSOD errors for various things. I talked to support and told them that I was getting a bunch of errors and having frequent crashes (keep in mind this is immediately after I received it I hadn’t even installed anything). He told me it was my RAM and I could rotate them or send the computer in for repair (at my own expense, even though when I paid for it was shipped to me without working correctly I’m the first place). I was using the computer for work reasons and it was all I had so I just rotated the RAM as instructed. It ok for a while and then... BSOD BSOD BSOD.

I contact support AGAIN. I’m told basically the same thing but this time I’m told I can send the RAM back to them for a replacement part... at my own expense. If I’m paying for something (especially a 600$ computer) I expect it work properly when I initially pay for and receive it. Why should I have to spend my own money to fix something you sent to me that’s not working? I would never recommend this company to anyone and only wish I had seen reviews sooner. Very poor customer service and very poor experience with my device.

Dear Chris,

We are deeply sorry you feel that way. From the looks of things, we are not charging you for any repairs. The replacement of the RAM is being offered under warranty. All we require is to receive the item. If you wish to proceed with this method then please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call for any assistance.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I purchased My Cyberpower PC in Sept of 2012. The only problem I have had is the power supply went bad after 4 years. Not a problem, pop in a new one. I have upgraded the graphics card, updated my BIOS and changed my RAM. This PC was what I wanted when I got it... a low-mid range i5 with low-mid range components. I paid $800 through NewEgg and have been using the PC every day since it arrived.

Minimal updating and upgrading on my part has kept it in service for coming up on 6 years. I am no PC expert, but I do a lot of research on tips and trends for PCs. It has played every game, watched every video, downloaded every file without fail over 6 years. I am shocked to see so many bad reviews when my experience has been so good. I cannot speak for the quality of their customer service, because I have had no reason to use it. To me, that is the best review I can give. I got what I paid for and had no problems! Happy Customer!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I called CyberPowerPC today to ask about the why my windows product key would not activate after a hard drive upgrade. The fellow on the phone was very short in answer and was clearly annoyed to be on the phone. He continuously kept saying it was the correct product key without me even telling him the key. I was going to consider CyberPowerPC for my next pc build but I believe I will save myself the aggravation in dealing with them and build one myself!

Dear Kyle,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to this matter, please do not hesitate to email us directly with more details.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

CyberPowerPC customer service sucks. They hung up on me! I've been having serious issues with my PC, and have had to ship it back twice for repairs, and still having issues. I'm still having freezing issues. I think it's my M.2 drive. I was told to either ship the drive to CyberPower, or have a security deposit put on my card (and frankly I don't trust CyberPowerPC right now) to have one shipped to me. I don't want to carry around a charge on my card for God knows how long. I'm also told, despite all my issues, I can't receive a refund. I argued with the guy I was talking to, he claimed to be the highest up person I could talk to and refused to transfer me to anyone else. He then said he was ending the call and hung up on me. This is atrocious customer service.

These are the issues I've been having. When I first got my machine, I noticed that when idle for several hours (say a full day work shift of 8+ hours), it would freeze up, and not even the monitor would display anything. Then it started randomly freezing and crashing through normal usage, to the point it became unusable.

I contacted CyberPower support, and shipped it back. A couple weeks later, I got the machine back. I tested it, same issue. Contacted support again, sent it back again (not the easiest feat, due to weight and size. 30lb package). I sent it back in early August, and got it back on 8/20. It seemed fine at first, but it then froze again, similar to how it has the previous times. This is getting ridiculous. All in all, they've replaced the motherboard, the RAM, and the video card TWICE (not sure why they did that and not swap the primary data drive). They REFUSE TO GIVE A REFUND, even though they can't seem to fix the issue! All I wanted was a replacement M.2 drive, but they made things so much worse.

Dear Matthew,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. However, refunds are only legible for the first 30 days of when the product was original received. After that period we can only offer Warranty service and technical support. We would like to take a further look in to this matter so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

- Cyberpowerpc Support

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I spent $1600 on a CyberPower gaming PC because I didn't want to go through the hassle of building my own. The PC arrives at my house and is in totally unusable condition. The back panel was bent and disheveled to the point where nothing at all could be plugged into the PC. To their credit, their customer service was helpful in getting a new PC to me in a timely fashion. However, a mere 2 months after the new PC arrives I began to experience severe technical issues that I am still in the midst of. Customer service again has been somewhat helpful in dealing with the problem, but no amount of customer service can make up for dealing with a one star product. If you're thinking of getting a new PC, save yourself some frustration and either build or buy somewhere else.

Dear Nicholas,

Our most sincere apologies to hear of such an event. Unfortunately, we cannot predict when/where a given part will fail, and for this reason we're happy to offer our manufacturers warranty.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Purchased a $1200 gaming pc for my son for Christmas. It went out 2 months later. I contacted CyberPower and they told me to send it back. It had a year’s warranty. By the time they received it they sent an email with pictures and said it was damaged. I contacted CyberPower and they said it was nothing they can do. They refuse to fix or replace it. They are very nasty when you try to talk to them! I will be contacting a lawyer! Please do not buy from them! Their products are not worth the money!

Dear Nikki,

We are sorry to hear of the confusion. While we are offering warranty, the PC arrived to our facility physically broken. As stated in our warranty policy, it does not cover damages cause from shipping. We have offered to address the issue so we can then proceed with the warranty service. If you have further questions please do no hesitate to give us a call.

CyberPowerPC Company Information