Baldwin Park, CA

4.8/5 (3138 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About CyberPowerPC

CyberPowerPC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I've purchased a laptop from CyberPowerPC previously to demo some work software abroad and now I've come back to replace my personal 2015 xoticpc. I've purchased the VR ready system with 1080p and 144 hz screen, ryzen 7 4800H cpu, 32 gb 3200hz ddr4, geforce 3060. While I haven't yet set up VR, the laptop is running Death Stranding with near-max settings at 85 - 105 fps and the temps sit in range 75 - 80 C. 10/10 cooling. The cooling system is phenomenal. This laptop is perfectly fine to sit in your lap with heavy work-load, it's warm but it won't cook your pants off like a macbook pro would when web browsing. 9/10 laptop pant burning factor.

There is some flex in the base, with a lot of flex in the screen so definitely don't sit on these machines or schlep it around in a backpack, handle with care. 6/10 build rigidness. It's not wibbly-wobbly but I am scared to move it in any container that's not hard shell. Keyboard feels punchy, there's some nice feedback on every keypress and easy to push from any part of the key. A bit louder clickines than what I'd take to a classroom. I wish the FN key was on the right as I am used to [alt][win][ctrl] exclusively on the left so I sometimes miss the ctrl key. The right ctrl has been squashed towards the spacebar to make room for the arrow keys. This doesn't affect me but beware right-alt-key users. The keyboard backlight illuminates all keys except the numpad enter key (which is weird); including shift-characters (thank goodness). The POWER button is not illuminated, it should be. 8/10 keyboard.

It's lightweight considering the size of the 17.3" model at what feels like 8 lbs. Sorry I don't have a scale for it. Noticeably heavier than my last laptop purchase which was unbelievably (really!) light but still much lighter than the stack-of-bricks xoticpc. 8/10 weight. The backlight is visible when the image is black but it's very even. No weird haloing in edges or corners of the screen. Some lost detail at the dark end of the spectrum but it's only the first value step in any color tester. testufo.com: the screen has 2 pixels of smear when viewing the "Ghosting / Pursuit camera" motion test with defaults. Remarkably easy to read scrolling text. 8/10 screen. The built-in speakers sound great? Like I've never been impressed with laptop speakers (even the macbook pro) but I'm genuinely surprised I've waited this long to not have to wear headphones to enjoy a movie. The speakers do get a bit tinny at high volume but that's just the curse of small speakers. 9/10 speakers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I purchased a computer through CyberPowerPC on 8/28/22 and received it in the mail on 9/15/22. It arrived well packaged, and undamaged. My initial inspection of the internal components revealed that one of the RAM stick clips was not secure, so I pressed the stick into place and closed the clips. In addition, there was a cable that was not fully seated into the motherboard, so I pressed it back into place. At this point, I plugged everything in and fired up the computer. I had several small issues that could possibly have been attributed to shipping, or gremlins in the software.

1. The case was not properly closed; the back panel did not have all of the tabs engaged and was hanging loose, so I undid the screws, reseated the tabs, and closed it up properly.

2. The computer would not recognized SD cards. They would connect, then disconnect, connect, disconnect, over and over for anywhere from a couple minutes to over an hour. Finally, it would relent and allow me to access the contents of the card. One of my friends and I messed around with software and hardware for and hour or two. Nothing seemed to work, but a day after we stopped trouble shooting, it just started working. No idea what fixed it, but it's good to go now.

3. Twice now, after turning on the computer, the screen would display static and the speakers would just make white noise. This would turn on, then off and would only resolve with a hard shutdown, holding the power button. No idea what is causing this, and it has only happened twice, but it is slightly concerning.

Finally, I noticed that the RGB fans were not lighting up. I am not familiar with PCs... This is my first one, so I wasn't quite sure where to start troubleshooting. After poking around for a while and pulling the back cover off of the PC, I traced the cables from the fans to a series of plugs that were taped to back wall of the case. The plugs seemed to match up with a hub that was near their taped location, so I plugged them all in and after turning the PC back on, the RGB fans all lit up. I guess the technician who assembled the PC just forgot to plug those fans in before boxing it up and shipping it off. RGB obviously doesn't matter for functionality, but it does leave me concerned that something else may have been improperly connected or that the PC may have not even been tested before leaving the shop. All told, I am happy with the purchase, but the quality control/final checks may need some re-evaluation.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2022

This is the second gaming system I’ve bought from CyberpowerPC since 2010. The first one is still running, but very outdated. The off-the-shelf systems I have bought previously have all died, or had to get rebuilt. You’ll find those are not built to the same quality as CyberPowerPC. These systems are NOT your off-the-shelf systems. They are customer built. You can pick pre-built systems they have waiting, or you can modify the pre-builts to suit your needs or wants, or start from scratch. These are quality builds. As you change out your selections, the menus update to make sure you have compatibility among your components. That’s really really nice. But for the novice, you’re sure to second guess yourself and think you’ve skimped in the wrong area…like CPU type, or RAM, or GPU, or cooling, etc., etc. It actually takes very little to learn about these things. Maybe a week reading on and off again. Their prebuilt systems are quite nice to begin with.

Being custom built systems with quality components means you’re going to be paying a little more for these systems than the off-the-shelf system. But with this quality, it’s worth it in my opinion. One thing I’ve noticed with both systems I’ve bought from them is that the cooling is often on the small side. So go a little bigger on the cooling. Research your computer case though. Some are built for aesthetics at the sacrifice of cooling efficiency. You can build and save your configurations for a week (or so). This makes it easy to come back if you are interrupted. Lots of information is offered on each and every component. I chose a gaming system because you can pretty much do anything on it. Here is what I bought this time around:

• CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
    • CARE2: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. [+10]
    • CAS: CyberpowerPC Eclipse P428X DRGB ATX Mid-Tower High Air Flow Gaming Case + 3x 120mm ARGB Fans (Black Color)
    • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900K 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [+150]
    • CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Phanteks SK120 PWM FAN - high airflow nine-blade 500-1500 RPM Radiator Fans Black [+19]
    • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
    • HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 600/550k [+18] (Single Drive)
    • HDD2: 4TB (4TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 5400RPM HDD [+83] (Single Drive)
    • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
    • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+90] (ADATA XPG Z1)
    • MICROPHONE: None
    • MONITOR: None
    • MOPAD: None
    • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z590-C/ac ATX, ARGB, 802.11 WiFi, 1 GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
    • MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Lyra 01 RGB 6-Color w/ 7 Button USB wired, 4200DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
    • OS: Windows 11 Home
    • OVERCLOCK: No
    • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply
    • PROMOSALE1: Syber M1 RGB 6200 dpi Optical Gaming Mouse [+5]
    • PROMOSALE2: 6-FT HDMI Flat Cable, V1.4, Supports 3D & 4K Resolution, Gold Plated Connector Cable [+5] (1 piece)
    • RECOVERYUSB: Windows 11 Recovery USB [+9]
    • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 2 Weeks
    • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
    • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    • SPEAKERS: None
    • USBHD: None
    • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
    • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
    • WNC: None
    • WTV: None

• PRICE: (+1947)

You can see What I paid. That was quite a chunk of change compared to what others were offering for the price. I looked at quite a few, including Amazon for pre-builts. The keyboard was awful. I got rid of it and went with a different one from one of the local electronics stores. The build took 3 weeks. The shipping packaging was very good. But always look over the box. Mine had a golf-ball sized hole in it. Luckily, there was no damage. Shipping was UPS. Read over the shipping/billing conditions carefully. Set up was a breeze. Windows 11 is EXTREMELY invasive and if you are bothered by that I suggest you look into videos that show you how to circumnavigate this questionable programming. That’s not CyberPowerPC’s doing.

I’ve been running the system almost daily for a month now and I am quite pleased with its performance. CPU temps seldom go over 40C. GPU temps rarely go over 50C. And I am gaming. On two occasions the system crashed on boot-up. But simply holding the power button until the system shut-down, and then turning the system back on worked. My frame rates went from 70 to 240. NICE!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

My desktop pc died in November and several friends recommended CyberPower Pc so I gave them a look. I have been messing around with digital illustration and photo editing as a hobby for years. I'm interested in learning 3-d rendering as well and I enjoy gaming when I have some spare. I did my research on what I would need in a pc to get the job done for hobbies, gaming, and possibly work.

First let me just say CyberPower has the most options of any of the custom builders. Despite the chip shortages and hard to find overpriced GPU's, Cyberpower will probably have what you're looking for. Cyberpower also has sales all the times. They're like a car-dealership. If there is a holiday coming they will have a sale. I caught a Valentine's sale which got me a gpu and cpu upgrade for a lowered price. I placed my order on a Monday and in less than two weeks my new desktop had arrived. Cyberpower sent me emails confirming the parts I requested were available, that my pc was being built, that the system was going through quality testing, and that it had shipped.

My desktop arrived in a huge box stuffed with air bags to cushion another box that had the actual pc inside. Inside that box was foam blocks custom fit to the pc case. Inside the desktop was another bag with foam to protect the guts of the system. Any extra parts from the build were sent in zip lock bags, as well as quick start-up guides and discount cards for Xbox game pass and a few other goodies. So far I've had no problems with the system, everything works fine. My only complaint so far is the wiring. There is a ton of wiring and it's stuffed kind of willy-nilly in the bottom portion of the case and looks messy.

FYI there's a section when ordering your build for you to leave comments and what not. The case I purchased has two areas for HDD drives to be stored one area behind the main fans and another area in the smaller lower bay where they are out of sight. The builders used the bottom of the case area, I would have preferred the larger bay portion of the case be used to display the hard drives along with the graphics card. But they didn't know that because I didn't tell them. So that's on me. So when ordering be sure to leave your preferences in that box. It's there for a reason.

In conclusion I have been satisfied with my order from Cyberpower PC. If you're looking for a new pc, you should definitely give them a look. They sell Pre-builts as well as the Customizable orders. They offer systems for gamers, content creators, they have workstations, and computer for people who might just want to surf the internet a little. Their pricing is competitive and I doubt you'll find another site that offers as much customization.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I came into this with extremely low expectations, and I was pleasantly surprised! I was originally going to build a PC for work/gaming, but it ended up being $300 cheaper to buy from CyberpowerPC rather than buying the parts from Newegg/Amazon. CyberpowerPC also had the best options and cheapest price out of any other PC building website I could find and I checked like all ten well known ones that exist. For example, IBUYPOWER was slightly more expensive and had similar options but did not have as many deals. Also, NZXT was very overpriced and they didn't even have 12th gen Intel available. This was also the case for every other PC building website I checked. CyberpowerPC also had the exact items I was looking at for the build originally (case, motherboard, processor, gpu) as well as having a few sales/deals which they always have going on.

I also decided I trusted CyberpowerPC more than buying a graphics card from Ebay/StockX. I have seen some bad reviews about CyberpowerPC but I honestly think they are mostly due to bad luck shipping or user error/not checking to make sure everything is connected properly out of the box. It took 22 days for my pc to arrive from when I clicked buy and it arrived in perfect condition as well as being very nicely packed in the box with no wiggle room at all. I also opted for the $19 foam insert on the inside to protect the gpu. After opening and inspecting the pc everything was connected to the proper inputs on the motherboard and psu. I did not purchase any cable management option and it was actually very well managed anyway. There is a simplified copy of my invoice below. For the price, the peripherals they offer (keyboard $5, mousepad $0, mouse $9, and HDMI cable $5) can't be beat.

The $50 Visa gift card was also a nice deal as I used it to upgrade to the exact ram kit I wanted. It was way cheaper for me to lower the system ram to 8gb (-$50) and buy the ram on Amazon than it was to upgrade to the ram I wanted directly on CyberpowerPC. I ended up getting 32 (16*2) GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4000 mhz CL18 for $169 off Amazon, which would have been a $400 upgrade on CyberpowerPC. I would definitely recommend doing this as upgrading ram is one of the easiest and quickest upgrades you can do yourself. One 3-minute Youtube video about learning how to install ram will save you a lot of money. However, If you decide to go the route of upgrading the ram yourself do not use the stick the system comes with as well as the set you buy.

This is because motherboards only allow you to run one mhz speed and CL for all sticks of ram. So if the system comes with 3200 mhz CL18 ram and you buy 3600 mhz CL14 ram, it will only run as fast as the weakest link (3200 mhz CL18) and that is if the PC will even boot. Another tip on upgrading ram is make sure you get a set with 2 sticks so you can have dual channel/rank ram. Also make sure you put the two sticks of ram in the right DIMM slots. The motherboard manual your system comes with will tell you exactly which DIMM slots you should use for two sticks of ram. If anyone is curious, I was getting a consistent 90 fps on Warzone using the 8gb of ram the system came with (in-game settings were not optimized). The next day when I installed the 32gb of ram I had ordered I was getting a consistent 230 fps on Warzone (in-game settings optimized).

In my order I chose the MSI Z690-A but received an Asus Prime Z690-P (Free $15 Upgrade). This is the only thing that could be interpreted as "bad" in my experience even though the boards are near identical in every way (Power Phases, IO, Audio, PCIE/M2 slots, etc.), and I prefer the Asus board aesthetically anyway. This was likely a weird timing issue that will never happen again because when I checked their website 15 days after I ordered and saw the invoice that indicated that I was getting the Asus Prime Z690-P instead, I saw that the MSI Z690-A wasn't even an option on their website anymore. To conclude this overly elaborate review/ram guide, I would highly recommend buying from CyberpowerPC if you don't want to build yourself and/or if the graphics card situation remains the way it is making it a lot cheaper to go through them.

P.S. CyberpowerPC almost always has at least 5% off which you can see at the end of my invoice. You may need to google it to find out what it is but it will take care of your sales tax so it is definitely worth it. Invoice: Skorpion K2 RGB, Cooler Master MM720, Mouse Pad 14x12 Inches, 6ft HDMI cable, $50 visa gift card, System Box and Foam, Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI DDR4, Intel I7-12700K, MSI Geforce RTX 3070 Ventus 3x, ADATA 8GB DDR4-3200, CyberpowerPC Deepcool Castle 360EX ARGB AIO Liquid, Cooler Master thermal paste, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W V2, Windows 11 pro, Ultra-Packaging Ultra-Enhanced Packing Solution, 2022 (5% OFF for Order Over $999).

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I was able to receive a refund for an error I made and place the correct order with relative ease, customer support got back to me within 24 hours and I got the refund a couple of days later. The laptop I ordered came in on time and has been working very well without any problems.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I purchased this laptop for school when I'm out of town. I placed order on the 19th of September, 2022 and received it September 27 with my customized options. laptop. Was well packaged and had all the specs I added to them. They notified me every single step of the way. 100 would recommend.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I received some rather rude customer service during my call with them, and not working to contact UPS in order to accommodate my request for a partial refund on the expedited shipping I paid for. If I actively contact a company to ship something for me, and I pay over $1200 for it, I expect that faster shipping to be a priority. CPPC, however, wasn't interested in working with me to contact UPS to get this resolved in any way, and the three people I talked to were each ruder than the last. The build itself was okay. I still had to open the case and re-level the front-end USB ports, because they were placed into the system incorrectly.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Purchased my first gaming PC and I'm loving it. Very responsive and fast. Awesome lights that I'm able to change whenever I change to fit my setup design. Automatically changes into gaming mode depending on what I'm playing and overall loving this PC.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I have bought several desktop and laptop gaming computers from them over the past several years. Mostly build them on their website to my exact wants, and purchase some at retailers for family. I recommend them for gaming or work. Excellent computers at bargain prices.

CyberPowerPC author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

CyberPowerPC Company Information