Baldwin Park, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.79/5

CyberPowerPC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased my second PC from Cyberpowerpc this Black Friday. First one was bought on 2013 and still working. My review is going to break down in 2 parts: Product Review and buying suggestions.

1. The system is not perfect - in my cases. Both of mine had faulty hardware. To get them working, I had to replace the graphic card for the first PC and replace the memory for the second one. My point is, they will work with you and back up their product. I called them and explain what I think the problem is and how I diagnostic. They would take my words and start the RMA right away. Instead of shipping the whole system back to them. I can still have a workable PC during the RMA (assume you have the parts that works). Overall I am happy since I am getting what I paid and that brings to my second part.

2. Saving guild, for people who's looking to buy a new PC, I suggest you go their website to find a pre-build that's around your budget and start changing some core components: Motherboard, PSU, and memory are the most common parts they tend to use less reputable brands on. Spending some extra bucks to upgrade them will make the system more stable in a long run. Try to find "Free upgrades" to save. In my case. I saved from free upgrade from 9600 to 9700KF, ASUS ROG 2060 Super to 2070 Super. At the end, the system is slightly cheaper than if I purchase all the parts and build my own.

Their customer support is friendly and helpful. Wait time is around 3-5 minutes. They all have a really nice voice as well, big plus on that. The voice itself is worth the wait. Overall experience - Good and will recommend to friends.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I purchased a gaming PC from CyberPowerPC recently, and it has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. The PC is fast and runs games like Fortnite and GTA V smoothly at max settings. The company has been a breeze to work with. I had a minor issue with one of the fans not turning on. They walked me through checking to make sure everything was connected properly. One of the cables was loose, which is why the fan wasn't working, but after correcting it, it's been working like a charm, and they still sent me a replacement fan just in case! They were very prompt in making sure they rectified the issue. I have had nothing but a positive experience, and I will continue making purchases with CyberPowerPC for any other PCs or accessories that I may purchase in the future.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

The computer was easy to set up and ran right after plugging everything in. I didn't have any problems with the CPU or video card. I think they could of gotten the 4GB RX560 model so the GPU didn't limit games as much but it could run most games at 40-50 on med settings. Overclocking the CPU is a must if you want to use FX CPUs in 2019 or later. The pre-installed cooler kept my CPU at max 60c under load at 4.2ghz and was a massive performance boost. I got my system in early 2019 but it probably will need a new GPU to run games at about 60fps on med/low settings. If you want to play games at high settings then I would recommend looking at their Ryzen builds where you can upgrade the CPU later on instead of being stuck with a dead CPU platform that has very little upgrade room.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Matthew, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 4-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I going to review this as if what I want to see in a review for a gaming desktop so yes, this computer can run high-end games really well. So far, it can run all the games I have played. It can run GTA V at least 60fps, it can run Star Wars Battlefront at least 120fps, it can run Battlefield I & V at least 60fps, and can run Arma 3 at least 60fps. Not only does the desktop perform well, it also looks pretty cool. It comes with a remote that allows you to change the color of the desktop.

One downside though, is that the colored button of the remote doesn't actually change to its color (at least for mine). When I press the red button it actually changes to blue when I press the purple button, it changes to green. But it does not affect the performance so it's not a big deal but I thought I should share this. Furthermore, I think this computer is pretty cheap for its price. If you buy all the individual parts for it, it will actually cost more than the computer itself. Not only that, it also includes everything you need for it such as the keyboard and the mouse. It also includes a 1ft by 1.08ft mousepad, if you register the product, which really surprised me. All in all, I would definitely recommend purchasing this.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Eric, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I was weary about buying a prebuilt computer after reading horror story reviews of other companies. I was already in the process in building my own but at the time graphics cards were pretty pricey and due to being busy I ended up buying a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR3800WST with an i7 8700, 16GB RAM, and 1060 6GB. Compared to others at the time it was the best priced for what I was buying for around $1200 bucks. I bought it from Walmart and I had issues with a different PC I ordered from them and they ended up giving me a discount so even with tax I paid $1070. It suits all my needs, mainly I play CSGO and apex legends and having no issues getting high FPS. One of my fans stopped working and I just called cyberpower and they are sending me a new fan free of charge because of the warranty. I am very satisfied.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Jeffrey, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Have been without a working PC since February 2/11/2020 (5 months). Customer Service doesn't exist, they run you around, they don't answer the phones or put you on hold and then disconnect the line. Will not refund your money or send you a replacement. PC was sent back to them 3 times, came back still unable to work, with the same problems. Hard drive has been replaced 5 times, also they have replaced the sata cables, motherboard, video card, CPU and CPU cooler and still not working. Steer clear of this company, BAD NEWS.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Worst company to deal with. Purchased a desktop computer from this company as a birthday gift for my husband. According to their website the computer had been quality checked on 6/15/2020. The computer arrived broken and with windows 10 not loaded properly, those are things that I think would have been seen if they had in fact QC the tower prior to shipping. Getting customer service on the line was hours of waiting and being disconnected twice. Finally got through and asked for a full refund, was told that I would get a refund but had to pay to ship it back, even though they sent me broken equipment.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I bought a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop in early April. Immediately upon receiving it I couldn’t get the wireless connection to work, despite my other devices working fine on the network. I had to use a USB wireless adapter, but it would sporadically lose its connection. Finally RMAed it. Upon receiving the repaired unit, the monitor wouldn’t turn on. A support call led me to taking the unit apart, trying this and that. Fed up, I asked them to just replace my unit with a new one. "Sorry," they said, "It’s past your 30 days." Asked to speak to the customer service rep’s (David) manager. He said that was not possible. Bottom line, it’s been a huge headache and waste of my time. Horrible approach to customer service. Instead of trying to make it right, they stick to the letter of their policy instead. Congrats, you lost me as a customer and created an enemy. Avoid CyberpowerPC like the plague.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I bought computer for my son about 1600. Never bought for an online site. I usually build my computers. I received the computer with a gpu that already melted. The wires it showed me that they don't test the final product before sending it out. I wanted to get a refund but I wouldn't have got my full money back. I sent it and received it in a about a MONTH!! Times crazy. Now that he uses it the gpu crashes a lot and ruins his experience. I reached out several times and given no real help. Just things saying how was your experience. It's been about 11 days since the last response. I def don't recommend that and now I don't want to buy any prebuilt computers. Thank you.!

Original review: June 16, 2020

My laptop arrived seemingly working, but I did not realize there was a motherboard issue. It supposedly went through several Quality Assurance test, which I suspect are cookie cutter stamps. Yes - it boots. When I called customer support I got basically install this driver and reboot and call us back if it is still not working. Still not working, I called back for another hour on hold to be told that the driver I was told to install had issues and that was the problem - remove driver and reboot. Called back again, this time on the phone while we actually tested everything, told to reinstall windows and call back if it is still not working. Finally told I could send it back to be fixed but I have to pay shipping. I asked for a return instead so I can buy somewhere else. Still had to pay to return my broken system and pending their review I may or may not get a refund in a month. Total CRAP!

CyberPowerPC author review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team