1.30/5
  • 1 star
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

CyberPowerPC

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

240 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I ordered a PC from CyberPowerPC (I'm a previously happy customer) on Jan 4th of 2018. I got a update today that the PC has cleared the build process and is "assembled"! I emailed the sales agent back stating that I expect the video card that I ordered to be installed as their site now indicates a lower level card being offered. At the time of my order the offer was for a EVGA GTX 1070 Ti iCX and my order form indicates this. The new offering is a EVGA 1070 Ti ACX3.0 and that is not what I wanted. I got a response that "ALL iCX cards are not available" and am I OK with a ACX or can I choose a diff. card? I responded that I will take a EVGA 1070Ti FTW2 or a EVGA 1080 SC2 iCX. I have not heard back from them. I specified again in my email that I DO NOT want a ACX card and have not heard back.

However, the status of my order states that it is "assembled", how is that possible if the card was not available? Any time I have a question, and send a email, I get a response with less than 10 words that explains NOTHING! My account has already been charged over $2k and they tell me that the product that I ordered is not available!!! This is how CyberPowerPC keeps its customers happy and returning to buy again?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Bought my computer and it quit working after 2 weeks. CyberPowerPC had me send in the GPU and MADE me pay for shipping. I received new card and still broke. Had me send the whole computer in. I didn't receive it back until a month later. Turned it on and still the same problem, and they told me all they did was reinstall Windows, after telling me on the phone it was probably the motherboard. Now they want me to send it back again to "try" again. I'm not sending it back, they would not send me the motherboard to fix myself.

The kicker is the distributor said they would accept my return of the computer if it had the original box, well I did have it but when I sent it to CyberPowerPC they throw it away without my permission, and have refused to answer why they throw away without permission. Also it takes days upon days to get email responses, if they respond at all. Do yourself a favor and buy from a better know company and save yourself a 3 month and ongoing headache.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I ordered a computer from Cyberpower in May of 2017. Shipping time was acceptable, quality of product was normal as far as computers go, and all components seemed to work fine. I installed a Elgato video capture device in the open PCI-E slot of the motherboard about a month after I set up the machine. I left that capture card in for a few months with everything working normally. I then decided to take the capture card out of my computer so I could give it to my son to install in his computer. When I went to remove the PCI-E capture card from the capture card slot, with minimal pressure, I noticed that it was locked in place. This is normal so I unlocked the tab that allows the removal of the card. This time when I pulled the card out of the slot, with minimal pressure mind you, the entire plastic PCI-E slot peeled off of the board leaving hundreds of tiny pins exposed and touching each other.

I have been building and installing computers for over 20 years. I own and run a local computer repair business in my area. I have never seen a plastic slot pull directly off of a motherboard. I used the absolute minimal effort to remove the card but the board was obviously defective and very poor quality. Now, because of the exposed pins, I cannot turn the computer back on without the possibility of shorting the entire PC. The board and computer are useless. I explained the entire situation to Cyberpower and they refused to honor their warranty. I was even going to make it super easy for them by having them ship me a new motherboard and I install it myself.

They flatly refused to do anything to help me and told me that was not their policy. Now I have a giant brick that is of no use to me. Do not buy from Cyberpower as they will not help you if something goes wrong. I spent $1500 on their computer. Since they buy their parts in huge bulk, a new board likely only costs them $50 if even that much. Move on to someone else. These folks are not worth your dollars. If I ran my business like they do, I would lose all my customers quickly.

Dear Phil,

We are deeply sorry to hear of this experience, unfortunately any physical damage done to the computer voids its warranty. While working inside the computer is perfectly fine, breaking one of the components doing so is not covered. Any information on our warranty can be found on our website as well. If you have any questions regarding that process you are always welcome to email us directly.

CustomerCare@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberPowerPc Support

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I wish I could give 0 stars. This is one of the worst online experiences I have ever had in 15+ years of doing business online. They swapped out my selected motherboard for another without any notification. I only realized after the product had been received, and my attempts to reach out to the company have been very very poorly dealt with. I would advise anyone to look elsewhere if you care anything about customer service after your initial order.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I'm only rating this service 1 star because I'm unable to award zero stars. I ordered a very high end machine from CyberPowerPC priced at $4795.52 on December 6th and noticed during checkout that an option for expedited shipment was not available. The shipment information explicitly states: "ship within 12-15 business days. CyberPowerPC can not guarantee Christmas Delivery". After receiving a notification email I responded to customer support for two reasons: 1. Is it possible to expedite the assembly and shipment of my computer? I would like to have it as soon as possible. 2. When will my card be charged? I’m surprised that I wasn’t charged when I placed my order.

CyberpowerPC support usually responds quickly to my inquiries. 1. "Sorry, currently our production line is extremely backed up and the CPU and video card selected are both on back order and could not do any "rush" option." 2. "Our accounting dept. is also extremely backed up but will try to charge this order within 2 weeks and will contact you if there's any problem." It's very questionable to have an accounting department charging credit cards and that the process isn't automated. I don't know what their process is, but now in addition to concern regarding the time it will take to ship my order I'm concerned about how CyberPowerPC is handling my Credit Card information and personal data.

4 business days later on December 12th my card was charged and I was glad it hadn't taken two weeks. I asked the support agent how long it would take to be assembled and shipped and he said that he couldn't provide a firm date and could not guarantee delivery before Christmas, which sounded like a reasonable response.

7 business days later on December 21st I received a message saying that the video card I ordered "is no longer available" and asked which one I would like it to be changed to. The message contained no suggestions or prices so I went back to the site and tediously went through the terrible UI (on my phone) to find video cards and let him know what to switch it to. His messages had referred to my "video card" instead of "video cards" more than once so I explicitly stated to change my "DUAL video cards" of the initial brand to "DUAL video cards" of the new brand, and support responded quickly stating "I can make the change at the same price" but asked me to select between two options.

After responding with an option I received another message back from support saying that he would make the change to a "singe" video card at the same price. I responded and emphasized that it is important that the computer has two high quality video cards as I assumed that "singe" was a convenient misspelling of "single". The agent responded saying that the single video card is the same price as two of the cards I had selected so they can only change it to one card and said he was putting my order on hold.

I looked up both video cards online and found the retail prices quite different and the new one that I had selected was indeed much more expensive. So I sent a message back asking if they could just charge me for an additional card. I quickly looked through the email chain and found the phone number of the support agent and decided to call him to prevent further delays. After speaking to the agent on the phone I responded in the email thread to ensure the additional cost was documented. I was surprised that my card was charged immediately for the additional $1314 after they blamed taking up to 2 weeks to initially charge my card on accounting being backed up. Nevertheless, I was grateful that it didn't seem like my order would incur additional delays but now even more skeptical about how they are handling my credit card information that is now "on file".

I received a notification on December 22nd, the 12th business day, saying that my order had passed the warehouse and was in production. I mistakenly decided not to bother them asking for updates and let my computer be assembled. During this time I kept watch on the online status. I noticed that when I was charged the additional amount for the new video cards a new identical suborder appeared on the online status but neither status indicates the additional $1314 I was charged or the video cards that I ordered.

On December 29th, the 16th business day, I sent a mail back to support asking for an update. Support quickly responded, apologizing and saying "the CPU cooling unit we installed was not working properly, we are in the process of changing it out..." Changing a CPU cooling unit does not take long so early Monday morning I sent a mail asking when my machine would be shipped as it now was incontrovertibly beyond the shipment window and received no response. After realizing that Monday was New Year's Day I waited until I hadn't received a response on Wednesday Jan 3rd to ask again. The support agent responded saying "We will try our best to ship this order out by the end of the week."

Later in the day on Jan 3rd I received a followup message saying that the CPU cooling unit is also on backorder and won't be available until next week. NOTE: The online status of my order has shown no updates since December 22nd and still doesn't show anything indicating the additional $1314 I was charged or the dual video cards that are supposed to be installed in my machine.

After spending $6,109.52 on a computer I have yet to receive I have some comments: CyberPowerPC has extremely poor communication, in particular regarding complications to my order. I was alerted of the initial video card being unavailable but additional repeated delays have not been communicated to me promptly and not without me repeatedly requesting updates to my order. This is much worse due to the fact that all the additional delays also delay the shipment of my machine outside the original agreed window. Is it just coincidental that all the major components of my original $5000 order just continue to be backordered?

I ordered 1 day UPS shipping. What's the point? My first message to support clearly stated "I would like to have it as soon as possible" and emphasized my interest in when it will be shipped in nearly every message since. I already feel like my machine will be delivered "eventually" if at all. I do not feel that CyberPowerPC cares at all about my interests or my order. If the company can't bother to care for an expensive order, I can't imagine the level of interest and care they put into a rack rate machine. CyberPowerPC repeatedly set expectations that it has failed to meet. Several parts that I ordered from the site keep coming up backordered or unavailable, the shipping time just keeps getting pushed out and who knows what the deal is with my credit card information. CyberPowerPC has lost my trust and confidence and I'm about ready to cancel my order and take my business elsewhere.

Dear Matthew,

We are sorry deeply sorry to hear of the inconvenience. It does appear your order was shipped on 1/5/2018. If the PC has yet to arrive or if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call; we are always happy to help.

Tech support:

(888)937-5582

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

This review is about their customer service and not about their product. The PC has a bad video card. We tried multiple monitors with multiple cables and all produced the same screen with gray horizontal lines. I called CyberPowerPC tech support and confirmed via phone that the video card needed replacement. ** requested I send an invoice which I did. The next day I received an email stating I will receive the RMA instructions soon with Ticket #**. Since then I have sent emails every day since I first reported the problem asking why I have not received these RMA instructions and have never got a response. I called tech support to ask how to proceed and was told I needed the RMA instructions and that he would send it out right now. I still have not received the RMA instructions.

I have sent multiple emails to **, techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com, rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com, cyberpower@cyberpowerpc.com and never got a response. I then went on their website and filled out the information on their "contact us" page, I did get an automated email confirming they received my information, but never received a response to my issue. There must be somebody at the end of all those email addresses, but nobody at CyberPowerPC cares to respond. It has been 5 days since I have been waiting on on CyberPowerPC, I have send many many emails and spent a lot of time being on the phone being "number ** in the queue" only to find out they can't help me. I have no choice but to return this, at least Amazon has good customer support.

Hi Pete,

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience. It may be possible the email address on file may be different from the email address you are using to contact our tech support agents. Please feel free to email me directly, I can help look in to this matter and get that email out to you as well.

- CyberPowerPC Support

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

The video card in my PC that I purchased was acting up. It was still under warranty so I called and they told me I could ship in the PC or pay $150 for the card, and that would be refunded when I returned the old card. Since I work from home on my PC, my only option was to pay for the card option. So after 2.5 weeks I finally receive it, I replace it. I forgot to send it back right away, and now they're telling me they wont refund me my money.

I spoke with a "Tech Support Manager" Ryan who stated he was in their Southern California office, and he refused to help me, offer any compromise, or even let me speak to anyone else. I asked to speak with his manager, and he told me he was the only one I could speak with, and there was nothing they would do, then hung up the phone. This customer service is pitiful and rude, not to mention the cheap parts they use in the first place for their computers. I had to buy a different type of video card to get my problem to stop, because the Radeon's have drivers issues with gaming. Crap company, and crap customer service.

Dear Sean,

Regarding the replacement, we have sent that out to you on September 12th, 2017. Unforutintly we did not receive the part from you until December 21, 2017. We have provided you with everything required to get the part back to us. Unfortunately we did not receive anything for over three months. If you have further questions about this procedure please feel free to email us directly.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Bought a C-Series for our son for Christmas. He set it up and played on it for 2 hours. Everything worked fine. The next morning, a notification popped up stating "something went wrong and the computer needs to restart, would you like to restart now?"... Clicked yes, and unfortunately it never started again. Won't even start in safe mode. According to customer service, who can't decide if it's a corrupt file or hardware conflict, since there's no disc drive, I can either go out and buy/install one or I can download the media to a flash drive and reinstall the operating system that way, but they can't help me with that because they don't deal with media installs. Really? We drop over $600 and you’re telling me after two hours of playing on it, I need to spend more money to use it again. Thanks, no thanks. The store can have this hunk of junk back.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Ordered a computer from a third party site representing CyberPower products mid November...750 bucks, thinking I'll get product by December 25. I was wrong, they tell me mid Jan. I keep on phoning weekly but it's the same runaround 'cause they don't have my computer in stock... If you don't have a product then don't advertise it... Phoning now to cancel.

Hi Dave,

We are sorry to hear that. Unfortunately on how a retailer chooses to display its sold out product. We generally ship out a group of PCs at a time so they can have adequate stock. We would like to help look in to the model your interested in or help find one similar. Please email us at your earliest convenience; we're always happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I received the tower as an early gift to replace an 8 yr old tower I built myself. I needed a new gaming PC and purchased it through Amazon. I received my PC with the internal packaging packed very poorly. I made sure everything was removed per the instructions. After two months my video card did not work anymore. I contacted everyone I could to resolve the issue to find out it's a hardware issue. Called customer service line, no one picks up and it always says it's after hours. Leave messages on voice mail to CyberPower Tech support, never got a callback. Contacted via email and got a response but after several long awaited emails, I was told I had to send it back for service.

I wish I saw all the bad reviews on this product which advises there a 1 year warranty on parts/service and tech support. That's pretty much a joke. If a customer is having issues with a brand new PC, what not replace it keeping customers happy? And why should it fall on the customer to ship the PC back when the product is not working? I shouldn't have to wait months for my computer to come back from getting serviced. Definitely disappointed and learned from this experience not to ever purchase from this company.

Dear Brian,

Please ensure you contact us during 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM PST as those are our operating hours. As for the turn around for repairs, our average time is anywhere from 7-14 business days to complete and ship out while sending in a part for replacement is anywhere from 2-5 business days, back-ordering out of stock parts may push a repair past the given ETA. Feel free to get in touch with us directly if you have any further concerns.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have never talked to someone so RUDE in my life. Would not let me tell him my problem. Just kept cutting me off saying... "how many times do I have to tell you it's cancelled!" Didn't even let me explain what was happening. And he WAS WRONG! IT'S STILL ON MY ACCOUNT AWAITING PAYMENT! Stupid know it all doesn't know anything. Maybe if he shut his rude mouth for a minute I could have explained it to him. His rudeness cost the company lots of money. He should be FIRED!

Dear Al,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. It does appear the order has been canceled. Regarding any questions or concerns you had with your order please feel free to email us directly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Spend $1000+ dollars on an awesome new gaming pc. Eagerly await its arrival. Take time off work so that I can sign for the delivery. Hook everything up, so excited to play my game, game crashes. Try again, same thing. Try the video card in my old computer, games crash is the same manner. Update everything, still crashes. Feel confident it's the video card. Disappointing, but parts are faulty sometimes, can't blame anyone here. Call tech support, RMA is opened. Pay for shipping (stated in policy but still very inconvenient). Package ships... ships... ships... arrives. Now I wait until they send a replacement (if they do).

It has now been many days since I initially received my computer. I can't fault getting a bad part because stuff happens, but there's no reason CyberPowerPC can't send a replacement BEFORE receiving the returned part. This would go such a long way to making the customer happy. The slow pace of this return process on a product that 100% of buyers CANNOT WAIT to get creates a massively disappointing customer experience. So much so that I won't be returning as a customer again (this is my 3rd CyberPowerPC) since I can resolve faulty part issues same-day (by driving to store) if I were to build the computer myself.

Dear Mike,

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience. We are required to receive the part before we can ship out the replacement. Once we do receive the item it can take anywhere from 2-5 business days to process the item and ship out. Holidays may cause a delay. At the time of this reply the replacement was shipped out on 12/26/2017 and is on its way to you. If you have any further concerns please feel free to email us directly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

This company puts every restriction imaginable on your delivery. I have no one that can sit around and wait an entire day for a package to come so that they can sign for it. I took off 4 hours of work for this and then they attempted delivery an hour before their already huge estimated delivery time. Now, that was UPS not CyberPower, but when I called UPS they say they can't help me because of all the restrictions placed by the sender. When I called CyberPowerPC they say they can't lift the delivery restrictions because God knows why. So they're forcing me to take another 8 hours off of work just to sit the ** around and wait for this package. That's over 400 dollars of paid time off I'm losing just because CyberPower was unwilling to lift the delivery restrictions. I cancelled an order once from CyberPower years ago and thought I'd give them a second chance. Man, was I wrong. Do not order from these guys.

Hi Jonathan,

we are sorry to hear if the inconvenience. Those initial restriction are placed to help with securing your package. While we cant change the ship date we can help in setting up a pick up. This way you can simply pick up the PC from a UPS facility once that time is available for you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I'd first like to point out that I don't write product reviews really ever. However, my experience with this company was so frustrating I felt compelled to spread the word. I ordered a new laptop from this company for 1200$. It came in about 2-3 weeks. Worked great for 6 months until I heard a *pop* and my laptop died. Mailed it back. Finally got it back after 6 weeks.

Before another year had passed, I hear another *pop* and what do you know, my laptop was dead again. Now I'm being asked to pay for shipping to send it in with the uncertainty if they even have the parts to fix it. I asked them if they could do a quick inventory check to see if sending it in was going to even help and they said they couldn't. Told me I had to send it in first. Great. Not only that, but the replacement part alone costs about 600$. Like why the hell am I having to pay half of my laptop's cost out of pocket to fix a problem that is likely the result of a hasty repair? But sadly I am out of warranty and they're hiding behind their policies. Do not recommend doing business with this company. Very unethical business practices.

Dear Trevor,

Thanks for reaching out. The Laptop has been purchased 2 years ago, unfortunately we are unable to warranty the item as we only provide 1 year parts & labor warranty service. That laptop's warranty has ended on 12/10/2016 which is a bit over a year ago. At this time we can only offer an out of warranty service which involves paying out of pocket for repair services. If you do wish to proceed with this process please feel free to give us a call.

- CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a new gaming pc on Black Friday at MIDNIGHT. I custom configured a decent rig, double checked, and hit buy. I didn't have my debit card readily available so I tried the Affirm payment option and was approved. Not ideal but at midnight I couldn't find my card and didn't want to miss the sale. More on this later. Next day I'm reviewing the order and I accidentally got a 500gb HDD instead of the 500gb.SSD. No big deal. I will call them Monday after the weekend. Well to my surprise I was told I can't change a thing. Nothing? He explains that due to my Affirm payment option I can't change anything due to the billing contract they have. While I understand and fully own the fact this was my error, I am CyberPowerPC's customer, not Affirm's. No options, no workaround, just a flat out No. Or I can cancel my order, but won't get the promotion if I reorder.

So while I had a hard time swallowing this response and no attempt was made to come up with a solution, I offered 2 solutions: 1st I offered to outright pay for the SSD on top of what I already ordered. I said just make a separate invoice as not to change the original (which is what the issue was due to contract with Affirm). Still a by fat "I already told you sir". NO. 2nd option was since I found my debit card they cancel the Affirm payment option, and let me pay with my debit card. All $1246 worth plus any difference so I actually get what I ordered. To my surprise there was no budge. I was told I could buy my own SSD and install it myself. Well yes I can, and I can order all the other parts and do it all myself if I wanted to. But I chose to have a "reputable" company do it for me.

At the end of the day I can spend $5 at Burger King and have it my way, but spend over $1200 on a PC from you and get the middle finger. All while I offered what I feel are reasonable options to make the customer happy which Is something that my rep Willis apparently didn't receive in training. Worse part is now that I've had this experience and looked into it further, it appears to be your business' mission statement. I hope this is not a sign of what's to come after reading these recent reviews.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Arrived DOA and I sent it back and then had to have new switch sent and I installed that. Everything OK since but now the GPU failed and I replaced it and of course, 4 years down the road I cannot find the Windows install disc. Microsoft refuses to help as it is a proprietary OEM version that companies use and said to contact CyberPowerPC. They state they are no longer supporting Windows 7. Poor poor service, they could have an ISO to download on their site.

Dear J.A,

We are deeply for any inconvenience. At this time we do not receive any further copies of Windows 7 due to the recent support of Windows 10. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us directly; below you can see our contact information.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

-CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I just purchased a system from this company on November 17 of this year. Since then I have read nothing but bad reviews. I've tried contacting them via multiple phone numbers, all with the same message and runaround in their phone system. That in itself is a bad sign. They have not returned any of my correspondence via email either. It says the shipping date is 12/01/2017. I was calling / messaging to cancel my order and request a refund of my $2237.09. No response. So, my bank opened up a dispute for me today, in hopes of getting me my money back. I'm disgusted and should have read the reviews before I clicked the checkout button.

Greetings Leslie,

We're sincerely sorry to hear you feel that way. We have a direct line to sales if you still require assistance; this is the same number located at the bottom of our website. We try to get the any tickets as soon as possible, due to the holidays there will be an influx of tickets causing a slight delay. Feel free to call our sales reps from 8:30 - 5:30 Monday - Friday; we're happy to address any concerns you may have.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I purchased an expensive gaming computer from CyberPowerPC because I was too lazy to build it myself. Big, big mistake. Within a month the dvd drive was rattling like crazy and a case fan had died. Called CyberPowerPC, they sent a new fan. Installed it and it died within a month along with two other case fans. Called CyberPowerPC, they sent new fans. Installed fans, they died. Called CyberPowerPC. Their rep told me that their fans were no good, and that I should buy my own fans!!! Yay for honesty, boo for crap parts. I gave up and found a local guy to get my parts replaced. My noisy POS computer is now running well but my local tech assures me that CyberPowerPC power supplies are crap too and that I'll need a new one before long. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Not covering bad part in product. Product malfunctioned within 90 days of receiving it. I worked with customer support over the course of 3 days (each response taking ~24 hours over email) trying to resolve an issue I was having with the RAM that came built-in to the computer. I was having blue screen issues stating there was a problem with the memory hardware. When talking to technical customer service they required I ship prepaid shipping (which would custom over $250 both ways) for hardware that was clearly malfunctioning.

I ran tests on both memory sticks on all slots, and the memory diagnostic test came back positive for hardware issues on 1 of 2 sticks. In order to resolve the customer service rep said that it is required that the customer pay shipping to get it serviced (although this was a clear hardware failure which should be covered by the seller). The warranty states that Service and Parts be covered for 1 year on parts and service. This has not been resolved and will require a purchase of new RAM now.

Hi Shawn,

We are sorry to hear of the confusion. Our warranty simply covers service and parts just as you mentioned. However, our warranty does not cover shipping to our facility. We are offering to replace the part, we simply need to receive the item first. Any details regarding our warranty can be located with in our website as it goes into much detail. Feel free to give us a call if you have any further questions or concerns.

CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

They use fans that do not last. They replaced two of mine and the other two went out. I was only a few days out of warranty and they said, "Our hands are tied"... They should use proper fans or replace the crap they put in there. I was actually still in warranty but they go by invoice date and NOT when you actually received it which is generally two weeks later or more.

Hello Paul,

We are sorry to hear you feel that way. We do like to mention all our computers are custom built. While selecting the parts for a PC on our site everyone is given the option to select the fans they wish to be installed in the PC. By default our standard fans are selected. We have various other type of brands at your disposal. Unfortunately we are unable to replace any component once the warranty period is up.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Wish I would have found this before I ordered the computer. I ordered my computer on October 18th. I received it today. No damage to the shipping box. Get everything hooked up, turn it on, and have no display on the monitor. Called Tech supported, told me to check one thing, and requested me to send it back. To the tech that responded to a post in July, there was not any foam to support the graphics card during shipment in my computer. I am guessing I might see my computer sometime in December, debating on just telling them to keep it after reading all the problems on here.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Bad HD Less than a year old, Got these Computer as a Christmas Gift. Manufacture Date and time of Damage was still within warranty. Use only few months. Had issues, Bad Cable, Bad Harddrive, Bad fan. Contact company, and company ask for proof of purchase, I explain I got it for Christmas only had few months of usage, Cyberpower PC can check serial number time of manufacture and time damage is within less than a year old. Company decline to support or replace the HardDrive. I guess the computer was sold at Wal-Mart. Buy this computer is a nightmare. Buyers Beware from experience. Only buy Apple if looking for quality and Service. Windows user IBM is Quality and Support. I don't think this company will be in business long. Company with bad credential and bad parts normally don't stay in Business.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been wanting my own Rig for a long time and when I finally got the money together to order it I decided to go with CyberPower. Got a good deal during the back to school special. Ordered the PC and everything was going fantastic. Customer service was great and the PC arrived perfectly on-time with no issues. However when I unboxed and took out the protective foam I noticed thermal paste/compound all over the motherboard and the motherboard was very poorly seated in the PC. Also the cable management was atrocious.

The PC worked properly until one of my sticks of RAM (8GB) stop working. Shortly after that the PC turned on but no connection was posted to monitor, keyboard, mouse or anything. I believe that the motherboard I was sent was not properly installed, defected, and broken. Sent it back for repairs/replacement and I am awaiting the return. So far it has been a unpleasant experience. But hopefully this second chance they will make it right and I will be happy to give good feedback for their customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I ordered the PC from Newegg.com and it came in 2 days. The PC came in great with no damages. I have had the Pc almost 2 months and I have 0 problems with it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a affordable PC.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought a custom built PC from them 3 years ago and I am STILL having issues with it. We had to do a full tear down of the machine and reinstall everything to get it in working order. When I told the guy at CyberPowerPC that my machine (which had the highest specs at the time and cost me $3,000!!!) would freeze constantly and blue screen just when doing minute tasks, he told me to send it back to them. Keep in mind that I also paid for their overpriced insurance which was like $200 extra dollars. Not only did they ship me a broken $3,000 PC, but I also paid for their insurance plan. Even with all that he wanted ME to pay almost $200 shipping to send it back... Uhhh, what??? Let me get this straight, I pay $3,000 for one of the most expensive machines they have AND buy their insurance... THEY ship me a broken machine that is broken out of the box and they want ME to pay to ship it back? Yea, no, that wasn't happening.

Not only would I have to pay $200 to ship it back, but I would be out a machine for at LEAST 6-8 weeks (from what others have said it would have been longer) and I needed it for school and work. It gets worse however. When I asked him what would happen if they sent it back to me and it still wasn't working he replied "You would have to ship it back to us". When I asked if I would have to pay the $200 shipping again, he replied yes. At this point I was so pissed that I just said, "I want my money back and you people can have your broken machine back" (remember, at this point I had only had my comp for just 24 hours as it was broken out of the box). To which he replied that they would charge me a restocking fee PLUS the money to ship it back before I would receive my refund... Huh?

So I was going to have to pay $200 to ship their broken machine that I wasn't keeping back to them, then pay a $15% restocking fee on a machine I had less than 24 hours and came to me broken before they would refund me. The experience with this company was so awful that from then on I just built my own PC's. There are some good companies out there, but this isn't one of them, that is why they have such a low rating. They are scam artists that bait you with "cheap" list prices (the comp never ends up being that cheap by the time you check out by the way). Stay FAR FAR away from this company and go with a more reputable one instead, even if you have to pay a little more, it's not worth getting screwed over.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My 15 year old son saved up to buy a gaming computer. 2 of his friends purchased one from here and helped him with the specifications to build one to suit his needs. We received it and he was only able to download 1 game on it. There was a problem with the hard drives and the trays were broken. After several phone calls, we decided to send it back and have it fixed. Well we received it back and guess what? It wasn't fixed. Now it's been about 6 weeks screwing around with this computer. Time setting it up, taking it out of the box, phone calls, trip to mail it, etc... After several phone calls and after being told that sometimes things jiggle around during shipment, we decide to return it for a refund. Guess who got to pay the shipping? Yes, we did.

Now it's returned and I'm out about $280 because there are things that were originally sent to us (the first time around which was almost 2 months ago) that we forgot to put back into the box... Manuals, some coupons, drivers and utilities, a usb Etc... They nickeled and dimed us on all of those things. We made several phone calls and asked them to make it right by refunding us the entire amount as a goodwill gesture to offset all of the headache that this computer has caused. Plus, the disappointment of my son who was so excited to get his dream computer. They said no-- we must return all of those things and again pay for shipping. Worst experience ever!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I originally bought my CyberpowerPC laptop in August 2015. It was a Fangbook HX6, had very good specs for how I was going to use the laptop. Last month, September 2017 I started to encounter some intermittent power issues. After taking off the back of the laptop I noticed my DC power cable coming off the motherboard had a cable that was broken on the end causing my laptop power light to flicker on and off. So I contacted customer support to where I explained the issue. Now mind you I was not looking for them to cover the cost or anything of that nature, I was simply looking for a replacement part. Anyways, I contacted their team to explain the issue and assume they could sell me the replacement part at my cost or direct me to where I can find one.

The email I received back was this. "We apologize for your issue. eRMA is only used to in warranty part replacement requests. However, we don't have any of these models anymore for me to even attempt to inform you to contact sales or support about purchasing a part. So sorry about that." So now here I sit with a $1300 paperweight and the company that built it can't even sell me the part or even direct me to the right place to find one. The cable/part is about 4" long and cost about $10 or less (that's based on the closest thing I've found online, however the parts for other laptops are different so I couldn't order what I found online). This part had a part# and other info on it but yet it doesn't exist in any part manual or online store.

So I take my laptop/paperweight to a local computer store and am told "they cannot even source the part and will have to rig something to make it work in which case I may need to purchase a new power supply." Not mad at my local shop by any means, they even said CyberpowerPC support is "really bad." So I have no clue if this is even fixable, my computer shop doesn't know either. It's a $10 or less part and I guess they figure, "Hey we already got this guy's money so screw him." I'm here to bring awareness to people about buying a laptop/computer system from them. They made no attempt to assist a customer that spent roughly $1300 with them. I feel taken advantage of and wanted to say I will tell everyone I know to stay away from them at all costs. Buyers beware!! Hope this helps at least 1 person out there to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I purchased my CyberpowerPC in December 2016, right before Christmas time. The set-up was easy enough and everything looked like it was in order, but what I did not anticipate was the genuine lack of good workmanship on the PC itself. The parts inside of the computer were generic and lackluster, many of which tended to begin to give out at the first sign of electrical problems.

Despite having all of my electronics plugged into a surge protector, the inner components began giving out on their own at the first sign of a storm rolling through. Upon doing some research, I discovered that CyberpowerPC does, in fact, opt to use the cheapest components they can scrape together then resell to unsuspecting consumers. My advice: stay away from this brand. Lousy equipment, terrible customer service, and forget about fixing things easily if you're a DIYer-- these PCs are absolute crap.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I work in the tech industry and I order a new PC every 2-3 years because everyone in my house likes having a an up-to-date PC/laptop. I had previously ordered two PCs and a laptop with no issue, but all of that changed with Big Yellow, so named because of its yellow case. BY was a pretty maxed out desktop; 32 gig RAM, 512 DDR drive for the primary and 2 gig for secondary storage. 460$ GPU rounded out the system. Almost immediately we had problems. After 4 months the system would not POST, that is, it wouldn't even get to the boot sequence. From my salad days repairing PCs in the mid 90's, that usually means a dead component.

After exhausting my own knowledge as well as CyberPower's phone tech people, I paid 170$ to ship it back (70$ for packaging since I tossed the box). Sure enough, it was the video card. After two weeks it was fixed and shipped back. Five months later, same issue: no POST. After another 100$ in shipping, once again it was the video card. And after another two weeks I got it back.

Now by this time I had shifted all of my work to my laptop and when I got the PC back I left it in the box for seven months. After I got married in June 2017, I unpacked it and set it up for my wife, which brings us to now. Once again, after four months it won't post again. And what do you think it was? You guessed it, the video card! But the catch this time is it is no longer under warranty! Apparently when they fix something, it still goes by the original warranty date!

So I was given the option to ship it back to California on my dime and pay for replacement parts to have it fixed by the same clowns who couldn't get it fixed THE FIRST TWO TIMES! Wow... that sounds like a great idea! Not. I'm going to take this to a local guy, have him strip out the good parts and have him build a whole new machine. As for CyberpowerPC, that's the last time they ever get a nickel of my money. Repeat customers are the backbone of any business, a concept that CP doesn't seem to take seriously.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The gaming PC I purchased was severely bottlenecked at the video card, no offer to replace or upgrade. Just said they were sad that I wasn't happy, I will never purchase from this company again. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

CyberPowerPC Company Information

www.cyberpowerpc.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use