1.56/5

Baldwin Park, CA

322 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

So, anyone who reads these reviews should take note that CyberPower didn't even respond back to my last reply on here lol. That was in August! Do not fall for the fake reviews on their site!!! You want true information? It's here and other places as well. These dudes are a joke. If they truly gave a **, they would take care of small issues and reply back to these reviews which, as you can clearly see, they never did. I'm not surprised one bit, but I just want others to read this so they do not have to go through all the crap I've had and STILL are currently dealing with regarding a 3k rig I bought. Shady, sketch company with HORRIBLE customer service. BEWARE!!!

I know a lot of people who bought from these scammers and they all had issues with theirs too. So it's definitely not a rare occurrence with this company. Really sad to see companies that are this greedy and careless. I have prevented countless people from purchasing from CyberPower and I will not stop putting the word out. These guys don't deserve to be in business and I will be sure to let the world know to stay away since they clearly have proven they do not give a ** about you once they got your money. I can prove all of this information as well. I'm not making as my of this up! STAY AWAY!!!

Once you pay them, you can prepare yourself for a world of issues and bad customer service. My PC isn't even a year old and I've had problems since day one. They say they offer lifetime tech support yet anytime you call them they try to get rid of you as fast as possible and send you a email of steps to try which never work. A reputable company would stay in the phone with a customer who is having technical issues, and make sure everything is resolved before hanging up. Do not expect any of that from these dudes.

They will also tell you if you do ship your PC to them, that they use used and refurbished parts to repair warranty claims. PLUS, they say any part they take out is their property and they will keep it and most likely use it in someone else's PC from what I've seen so far. Their entire business model is set up to scam people out of money and to make them as much profit by any means necessary. I really wish I did more research on CyberPower before dropping 3 stacks! 1 star is giving them too much credit but that is as low as I can go on the reviews unfortunately.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We reply to all reviews here, we are sorry if our response did not appear on your comment. If a PC were to arrive or encounter any issue we offer our warranty service to ensure the issue is addressed. Regarding refurbished items, there is a time and place when this is done. That is generally due to the need to replace an item that can not be acquire new from the manufacturer; all this can be found publicly on our site.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I initially placed my order that totaled $3k on August 29, 2018 where I pre-ordered the new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6. I was told my credit card charge didn't go through because of the billing and shipping address not matching. I both gave them a scan of my ID with my billing address to prove it was me and called my bank. The card was run again and again failed. Turns out, Leo (my CSR) entered the wrong numbers so I had to call him and give him the correct numbers. He said the order would not be actually placed until the card was available which would be around 9/20. 9/20 came and went. No charge was made and no communication from CyberPower. I contacted Leo asking for an update. Only then did he actually charge the card and "start" the order. There was a shipping date of 10/12.

On 10/9 I was notified via email that the order was put on hold due to the CPU I chose being on back order - there would be a slight delay. On 10/11 I got another email saying the order needs to be canceled because the CPU is no longer available and there is no similar upgrade or replacement. I was supposed to cancel and start all over. Needless to say I was shocked. I asked for more details... Why is this part not available? It was available when I ordered it. Would I go to the back of the line if I canceled and started all over (The video card is now on back order everywhere), would I lose all my perks when I ordered? Is there a reason something couldn't be replaced and my card charged the difference? I got the response explaining that the CPU was pushed back since early September. They only now got confirmation of discontinuation (however I can see other stores still offer it).

None of my other questions/concerns were answered. I then responded that I am shocked how a company would treat an order where they have the money IN HAND and all they need to do is contact me and let me know my options for moving forward. If they were unwilling to work with me any further, then I asked them to cancel the order. Today, 10/17/2018, I got an email from Leo telling me my order is canceled. Wow, just wow. So nearly two months later I am back to square one. Stay away from this place. Their communication is absolutely abhorrent and they quite frankly don't deserve your business.

Dear Mark,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Do keep in mind, when acquiring the parts to build the system it is possible during that process items can enter back ordered status. We understand you have opted to to cancel your order. We do wish you the best of luck on your PC purchasing venture.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I finally plunged into the deep end and custom configured my Dream PC with CyberPowerPC. My system was a Hyper Liquid Alloy Pro with a RTX 2080 Ti, 32gb of DDR3 3200 RAM, Raid0 2x HDD, Raid0 2x SSD, Raid0 M.2 and I selected the 30% Overclocking option. The Good: The Order Configuration web application is fantastic (and fun!). The Support I received from their Sales and Configuration Team before and during the fulfillment process was excellent. Leo ** was highly communicative and helped with an order modification and a parts replacement issue in a very timely manner. The water cooling alloy tubes are tight, sturdy, and show no sign of possible leakage. The cabling of the install was very good and as orderly as it could have been.

A lot of parts were crammed into a full ATX case and it was clear that a great deal of care went into how/where wires should be run through. Packaging was excellent. Not a single part or cable fell out of place on a cross-country shipment. Raid0 configurations on all of the HDD/SSDs were set correctly. Everything purchased and used for the rig setup was included in the final shipment. Even the CPU cooling paste!

The Not so Good: I specifically ordered and confirmed GPU water cooling on the EVGA RTX 2018 TI XC Ultra and it was not installed. The Asus Maximus Code Motherboard was running a BIOS that was three versions behind the current version and a year out of date. I paid extra for the Ultimate Overclock configuration and it was not applied. I managed to set up the +30% OC settings on the Bios and GPUs respectively. I installed the EVGA Precision XOC and added the 30% MHz OC to the card myself. After I updated the Motherboard firmware, I overclocked the Intel 8086k LE using the ASUS ROG OC Profile and disabled the CPU Fan Warning Monitor that halted the startup process.

The Nit-picky: The Water Cooling Alloy Tubing was cut and set at angles that are visually uneven. The position and I/O for the reservoir didn’t make it easy to create clean tubing lines, but the line from the reservoir to the CPU block had nothing to prevent the tubing from being parallel to the ground. The Reservoir Tank was not completely filled to the top. However, I am guessing that this is due to allowing clearance room for atmospheric pressure changes during shipment.

Thankfully, I am fairly experienced in PC building and could overcome most of the shortcomings on my own. As a suggestion to the good folks at CyberPower, I would consider better documentation on how a configured system was overclocked if the customer pays extra for that service. Not many people are comfortable or knowledgeable on BIOS settings (or what a BIOS is). A step-by-step guide is required, but a bulleted list of configurations applied should suffice to make a customer feel like they got what they paid extra for without fully inundating them in esoterica.

Overall, I am very happy with the order and would still refer people to buy Gaming PC rigs from CyberPower. The Good column outweighs the Bad column in all of the most important ways. The system is beautiful and the frame rate on all of my favorite simulators is silky smooth. I would caution those who have more detailed customizations to communicate directly with the Builder team to ensure that all of your parts and requests are met.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased a customized PC along with Windows 10 from CyberPowerPC in 2017. I just recently upgraded my motherboard on the PC and found out that the same Windows 10 is no longer valid. I contacted CyberPowerPC and was told that when I purchased the Windows 10 from them, it was only good for that motherboard and that any major hardware upgrades I did would render the Windows 10 useless. So be careful when purchasing a system from CyberPowerPC with Windows 10 because it is only good until you do an upgrade and then you will have to purchase Windows again.

Dear George,

We are deeply sorry for the confusion. As long as the motherboard is not to old it can support the installment of Windows 10, however, the Key should be digital and that is tied to the motherboard we provided. The warranty does not cover the lose of the license through upgrades. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Recently purchased a computer from CyberPower. When the computer arrives 3 weeks later, after plugging it in find out that the DVD drive won't eject. So figure maybe just a button issue and try it via the operating system. No luck there either. So we remove the cover. Come to find out the DVD drive they installed isn't even hooked up. No power and no data. Should be an easy fix as every drive comes with a cable and they send you the product boxes and manuals so should be with them. No cable found. Tried to call them on a Monday and support was backed up so long I couldn't hold that long while at work, reading the reviews here now I know why.

So I tried again on Tuesday and was able to get in touch with someone over the phone. He apologizes for the problem and assures me the problem can get taken care of right away. He would just need me to send him a picture of the drive in the case. Lucky me I just happened to take one so he sends me a blank email to which I reply with the picture. An hour later I get a reply saying thanks.

Several days later I don't have a cable yet, and don't have any notification about the shipping of the cable. So again I contact support. This time by the web chat. After it telling me my expected wait time was only going to be 11 seconds for over 15 minutes I finally get connected to a support technician. They proceed to tell me that it takes 3 days to process orders. I tell him this isn't an order it's a screw up for their mistake.

I was lead to believe it would be shipped out right away. He tells me that their ticketing system doesn't allow them to do that. I ask to speak to a manager then. He tells me that he can't transfer me to a manager. I ask if I call in can I talk to a manager. He tells me no. The only way to talk to anyone higher up would be to contact dispute@cyberpowerpc.com. To which I sent an email that afternoon. Still have yet to hear anything back from them. Finally got a shipping number for what I hope is the right cable being shipped out. It gets here Thursday so lets hope there are no other issues after I plug it in. I already had to adjust how it was mounted in the case so it would work with the case as it was getting hung up.

I had seen the reviews before but the other laptop and desktop I ordered from them came in with no problems or issues other than I can't buy a new battery for the laptop from them and nobody else makes one. So I ordered again. When it comes to this place don't expect quality service and definitely don't expect customer service skills at all. You'd have more luck with customer service from the U.S. Congress it's that bad.

Hello Kirk,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your experience. I would like to take a deeper look in to this matter so if you may can you email me directly with any information about your Pc.

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought my gaming PC about a week before it arrived, arrived on time and I don't usually write reviews but like others due to the large quantity of bad reviews I feel I should tell people. The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is due to one issue I had, one of my fans that should have been attached to the roof had came off during delivery and I managed to fix it myself but support were not very helpful, they insisted my case had a clip when it did not. Overall though I am very happy with the PC and it was more the design of the fan itself, this PC is far better than my previous and CyberPowerPC was far cheaper than the alternatives that I looked at, a few things could be improved, mainly with support, but overall it was worth it. I also found their PC customising page very easy to use, unlike other sites.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I pre-ordered a pc with the RTX 2080ti a month (8/22) before release. Two days before the release of the 2080ti (9/25) I get an e-mail notifying me that the CPU and case that I picked was on back order. The same day I e-mailed the representative who was handling my order about a new grand total if I were to upgrade my CPU. Never got a response. 9/28 I called and asked what was going on with my order. I was now told that the case was on back order until an unknown time and the CPU and GPU would be in next week.

Customer service on the phone told me I can e-mail my representative if I wanted to change my case for something else they had in stock. Once again I e-mail my rep with the new case I want and don't get a response. Today (10/1) I call in to find out why I never got an response and I'm told once again that my CPU is on back order and won't be in for another 3 weeks. My credit card was charged the day after I placed my order for parts that weren't even in stock. $2800 for parts that they didn't have. This would have been my third purchase from them but I cancelled my order and will never make another purchase at CyberPowerPC again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Purchased this game computer in January of 2018. In August of 2018 my graphics card started giving me a white screen, I’ve spoke to Cesar and they took my credit card info and never shipped the card. Today September 25 and I called and they did not ship my new card, I would not recommend this company for customer services. GUA2600BST is a problematic unit.

Dear Joe,

We are deeply sorry to hear of any inconvenience. We would like to look in to this matter further so please do not hesitate to email us directly with more information on this situation.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered my computer from CyberPowerPC back towards the end of May 2018 and have constant issues with the product. ** - is what I ordered. I decided that this PC was going to be an all out build for me since it would last awhile. With that they offered financing through Affirm who I've used through other websites without any issues. Now the problem I still don't have my PC. The reason being is that when it was delivered the first time, the liquid cooling leaked all over the PC in the box, the packaging was terrible and from what I could tell with the box there wasn't any damage. The damage that was there was from the liquid cooling leaking out of the box/boxes causes the cardboard to basically deteriorate and cause damage from within.

An RMA was issued, I returned and got the PC back on 6/30/2018. I checked the PC for any leaks and ensured that everything that needed to be removed such as the packaging was taken out of the PC case. I did a test a few test runs with it to ensure that nothing was overheating. Had no problems. After about a week of having the computer a pipe for the water cooler that I ordered Burst mid use. I was luckily at my computer when this had happened and unplugged it as fast as I could. This is where I started to get annoyed. I set up another RMA, returned the product to which They were reaching out to me about changing the open loop cooler to a closed loop one. The rep asked me which part I liked and sent me a link to their website to choose from.

So I picked the part I wanted, wrote them back and proceeded to ask about the difference in cost. They originally stated that the cost would not be adjusted since there is a restocking fee but with the complications I had been having they took it into consideration. The PC was rebuilt from what I was told, and it took them 1 1/2 months before they shipped it out again. The next time it was shipped back out to me was on 8-15-2018 to which I had to refuse delivery. I walked out to the UPS truck where it was being pulled forward for me to sign and upon having it pulled forward the box was leaking water so I refused delivery.

The reason it was declined wasn't relayed to them so they contacted me the next day on 8-16-2018 but I wasn't available to speak with them due to work so I called back on 8-17-2018. They were confused as to why it was returned so I explained to them that my issue. It turns out that after it was discussed to have the open loop cooler swapped to a closed loop, this was never done. So the part that has been giving me issues was put back into my PC and returned to me. The cost was never adjusted with Affirm for the decrease in parts or anything. I've attempted to email their customer care department based off of the email - Customercare@cyberpowerpc.com that was given to responses on this website and they never replied back.

It's almost been 5 months since I placed the order with this company and tomorrow I get my computer. So we'll see if they messed up again or not. I wanted to have a refund issued due to the complications and poor service I've received with this whole ordeal. I attempted to request supervisor and or manager for assistance and was told that there was no one else but the one RMA rep to help me. In fact when I explained my issues to them and that a refund was being highly considered it was explained that I get screwed over super hard if I were to start the refund process. I wouldn't get shipping back (which is understandable) but that I would be paying a restocking fee. This bothered due to the fact of the service that I'm paying them for isn't being provided so as a customer, they're failing to delivery the product I am purchasing from them.

The lack of customer support/care is appalling and is the worst experience I've ever had. The communication skills between different departments seems like it is almost non existent. The option on their site to pick better packaging seems like that should given automatically. It's not like the products from this site are cheap. Overall, worst customer experience I've ever had and I'm basically stuck with them because I lose a fair amount of money if I refund it as well as a pointless credit hit since I chose to finance the loan through Affirm. As far as the product, I don't even have it since I ordered back in May.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered my first custom desktop on CyberPowerPC in June 2015. I chose parts I wanted on their website and paid for them. At that time, I only had a little knowledge about custom computer. First of all, it took so long to arrive at my house. After I received it, I just connected the power line and began to use computer. Everything felt good since I didn't use this computer for any heavy duty. Most of the games I played only required low to mid tier computer config. This year I played some games that make GPU's temperature went up to 70-86°C so fast and I felt lag in games. Only (10-30ish FPS). In order to protect my pc's lifetime. I uninstalled those games and back to games like LOL, only require low-mid tier hardware. A few days ago (Sep 2018), my desktop stopped running. I opened the case cover. I was shocked.

First Fraud. In my order, my PSU (power supply unit) was 1,000 W. I planned this for any future part upgrades. What I see now, it is a CORSAIR CS 650 M. I did a search on this PSU, it is 650 W. So CyberPwerPC charged me for what I picked, 1,000W PSU, for a 650 W. I took a picture down +1. Second Fraud. My RAM choice were G.SKIL DDR4 8 GB (2X4) 3200MHz. What I see inside the case are G. SKILL DDR3 8GB (2X4) 2133MHz. I took another picture down here +2. So, these were what I found. I don't know if there are more scams inside my computer case. I will bring this case to the local computer repair store and find out.

The reason that I opened my computer case was that I saw some Tech YouTubers posted some videos on YouTube showing that some online custom build pc companies (One of the case I saw was CyberPowerPC) cheat customers on PSU (power supply unit) since people always check CPU, GPS, RAM, and storage and they are so easy to check through the computer system without installing other software. If you purchased PC from CyberPowerPC with some modification from their deal list or any. Download a good software to check your pc's detailed information and just open the case cover and take some pictures for each part. Ask or search after that. Hope they haven't cheated on you.

Dear Jian,

This concerning. We understand the Pc was purchased much earlier but we would like to take a look in to this to get a better idea of how this happened. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

- Cyberpowerpc Support

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Buying from CyberPowerPC is one of the worst experiences. Customer service sucks especially from the manager! If you have to return the product, good luck! Refunds take forever to credit back and have fun paying for return shipping.

Dear Jay,

We are deeply sorry to hear for any inconvenience. Our refund process does have a general turn around time. But do keep in mind once the refund has processed and sent back to your account it can then take some time for your bank to see the refund. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The initial purchase was made in July of 2017. I understood I was buying a mid-tier computer from CyberPowerPC off of Amazon. I purchased the 3-year protection plan from SquareTrade just in case. A little over a year later...all three case fans have seized up. The single fan in the back shows brown discoloration which is a sign of electrical issues. The centers, where the motors are, all get warm and the LEDs light up. They simply don't move and are very hard to rotate even by hand. All of this would be a non-issue if tech support were helpful...or even responded. I tried the live chat on their CyberPower website on the first night. After a short wait, the chat host said they were going to transfer me to tech support. There was a 20 minute wait. After 20 minutes, the chat said no representative was available and to try again later.

So, I decided to both e-mail tech support and use the form on their website. I did not receive a follow-up e-mail the next day. I would have easily accepted an e-mail saying they received my report and would reply as soon as they could, but I got silence. I tried the chat again. This time I didn't even get to the first representative. After a 50-minute wait, it said no one was available and ended. So, I sit here with a paperweight because it cannot be operated without fans to cool it down without risking major issues. I was hoping to not file a report with SquareTrade, but it looks like that is where this will need to go. The computer is fine when operable, but the lack of customer service is almost inexcusable in this day and age. I would not recommend using this company. You are better off buying a standard unit from Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

Dear Nathan,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you still require any assistance with the Pc then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I read many reviews about this company. Sadly I decided to buy a computer anyway from them. I decided to get my 2000 dollar gaming computer and forgot to order a real power supply instead of their stock part. Computer arrived damaged and it had to be sent back. It then arrived again 2 months after I originally bought it. It worked for 2 days and then stopped connecting to my monitor. I then had to send it back again. The video card had died and needed to be replaced. The low quality power supply killing the GPU is a common theme among most reviews and I was lucky enough to see it first hand. However, they fixed it and I was happy.

The computer had very light use over the next few months. I even sprang for a new laptop from them. Unfortunately, Now we are 10 days after my 1 year anniversary of buying the computer and once again the computer is not able to connect to the monitor and I have exhausted all other possibilities, but the fact that once again the graphics card has been killed. Even though the new graphics card was placed in November of last year (roughly 10 months ago) CyberPowerPC is stating my warranty is expired. Buyer beware. They may seem like a deal but you are gambling with your money.

Dear Anthony,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that the PC has given out on you. All of the parts that we use to
assemble our systems much adhere to the industry standards for failure rates/methods & are expected to last

much longer than 10 months, though due to the delicate nature of PC hardware these things can happen,

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased an $1800 laptop that was shipped to me with the touchpad not working. Not what I would expect from a brand new expensive laptop but an email and some drivers and I got it working. No big deal. I downloaded Steam and Microsoft office and then the laptop sat on my desk going mostly unused for the next month besides some internet browsing. Lo and behold I go to start up my laptop 35 days after purchasing and have a blue screen and it refuses to start.

After a month of back and forth emails with technical support, they cannot resolve it and claim it may be due to a faulty motherboard. Since this is my second issue within a month I want to return the faulty laptop since it was supposed to last me for six months while on deployment for the Marine Corps. I figure if the laptop can’t survive a month on my desk it wont survive six months on a ship. They “allow” me the privilege of returning the laptop minus insured shipping fees and a 15% restocking fee. I am amazed that a return customer being sold faulty equipment would have to spend upwards of $400 to return a bad product. I would stay away from this company and their shoddy business practices.

Dear Dalton,

We're deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding the touch pad, it may require a driver to function. while we do test the PC before shipping it out, we also set it to back to its original state which can sometimes roll back some drivers. As for the refund, we do allow items to be refunded within 30 days of receiving it, however since it did past that period we can only offer a refund with a small restocking fee.

Tech Support:

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Around February, I purchased a gaming computer from CyberPower. 660$ later and about 2-3 weeks I received my computer, I plug it in, connect my monitor etc. and... BSOD. I’m thinking ok I probably just need to update drivers etc. Did all of this... BSOD. Ever since I received the computer, I have have countless BSOD errors for various things. I talked to support and told them that I was getting a bunch of errors and having frequent crashes (keep in mind this is immediately after I received it I hadn’t even installed anything). He told me it was my RAM and I could rotate them or send the computer in for repair (at my own expense, even though when I paid for it was shipped to me without working correctly I’m the first place). I was using the computer for work reasons and it was all I had so I just rotated the RAM as instructed. It ok for a while and then... BSOD BSOD BSOD.

I contact support AGAIN. I’m told basically the same thing but this time I’m told I can send the RAM back to them for a replacement part... at my own expense. If I’m paying for something (especially a 600$ computer) I expect it work properly when I initially pay for and receive it. Why should I have to spend my own money to fix something you sent to me that’s not working? I would never recommend this company to anyone and only wish I had seen reviews sooner. Very poor customer service and very poor experience with my device.

Dear Chris,

We are deeply sorry you feel that way. From the looks of things, we are not charging you for any repairs. The replacement of the RAM is being offered under warranty. All we require is to receive the item. If you wish to proceed with this method then please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call for any assistance.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I purchased My Cyberpower PC in Sept of 2012. The only problem I have had is the power supply went bad after 4 years. Not a problem, pop in a new one. I have upgraded the graphics card, updated my BIOS and changed my RAM. This PC was what I wanted when I got it... a low-mid range i5 with low-mid range components. I paid $800 through NewEgg and have been using the PC every day since it arrived.

Minimal updating and upgrading on my part has kept it in service for coming up on 6 years. I am no PC expert, but I do a lot of research on tips and trends for PCs. It has played every game, watched every video, downloaded every file without fail over 6 years. I am shocked to see so many bad reviews when my experience has been so good. I cannot speak for the quality of their customer service, because I have had no reason to use it. To me, that is the best review I can give. I got what I paid for and had no problems! Happy Customer!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I called CyberPowerPC today to ask about the why my windows product key would not activate after a hard drive upgrade. The fellow on the phone was very short in answer and was clearly annoyed to be on the phone. He continuously kept saying it was the correct product key without me even telling him the key. I was going to consider CyberPowerPC for my next pc build but I believe I will save myself the aggravation in dealing with them and build one myself!

Dear Kyle,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to this matter, please do not hesitate to email us directly with more details.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

CyberPowerPC customer service sucks. They hung up on me! I've been having serious issues with my PC, and have had to ship it back twice for repairs, and still having issues. I'm still having freezing issues. I think it's my M.2 drive. I was told to either ship the drive to CyberPower, or have a security deposit put on my card (and frankly I don't trust CyberPowerPC right now) to have one shipped to me. I don't want to carry around a charge on my card for God knows how long. I'm also told, despite all my issues, I can't receive a refund. I argued with the guy I was talking to, he claimed to be the highest up person I could talk to and refused to transfer me to anyone else. He then said he was ending the call and hung up on me. This is atrocious customer service.

These are the issues I've been having. When I first got my machine, I noticed that when idle for several hours (say a full day work shift of 8+ hours), it would freeze up, and not even the monitor would display anything. Then it started randomly freezing and crashing through normal usage, to the point it became unusable.

I contacted CyberPower support, and shipped it back. A couple weeks later, I got the machine back. I tested it, same issue. Contacted support again, sent it back again (not the easiest feat, due to weight and size. 30lb package). I sent it back in early August, and got it back on 8/20. It seemed fine at first, but it then froze again, similar to how it has the previous times. This is getting ridiculous. All in all, they've replaced the motherboard, the RAM, and the video card TWICE (not sure why they did that and not swap the primary data drive). They REFUSE TO GIVE A REFUND, even though they can't seem to fix the issue! All I wanted was a replacement M.2 drive, but they made things so much worse.

Dear Matthew,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. However, refunds are only legible for the first 30 days of when the product was original received. After that period we can only offer Warranty service and technical support. We would like to take a further look in to this matter so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

- Cyberpowerpc Support

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I spent $1600 on a CyberPower gaming PC because I didn't want to go through the hassle of building my own. The PC arrives at my house and is in totally unusable condition. The back panel was bent and disheveled to the point where nothing at all could be plugged into the PC. To their credit, their customer service was helpful in getting a new PC to me in a timely fashion. However, a mere 2 months after the new PC arrives I began to experience severe technical issues that I am still in the midst of. Customer service again has been somewhat helpful in dealing with the problem, but no amount of customer service can make up for dealing with a one star product. If you're thinking of getting a new PC, save yourself some frustration and either build or buy somewhere else.

Dear Nicholas,

Our most sincere apologies to hear of such an event. Unfortunately, we cannot predict when/where a given part will fail, and for this reason we're happy to offer our manufacturers warranty.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Purchased a $1200 gaming pc for my son for Christmas. It went out 2 months later. I contacted CyberPower and they told me to send it back. It had a year’s warranty. By the time they received it they sent an email with pictures and said it was damaged. I contacted CyberPower and they said it was nothing they can do. They refuse to fix or replace it. They are very nasty when you try to talk to them! I will be contacting a lawyer! Please do not buy from them! Their products are not worth the money!

Dear Nikki,

We are sorry to hear of the confusion. While we are offering warranty, the PC arrived to our facility physically broken. As stated in our warranty policy, it does not cover damages cause from shipping. We have offered to address the issue so we can then proceed with the warranty service. If you have further questions please do no hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

$4400 PC build and I paid extra for "pro-wiring" and "rush building". Not so pro, when they sent me the PC with liquid coolant leaking all over the computer. Sent it back, and they sent it back leaking cooling fluid all over again. By that time, my son's birthday had passed 3 weeks by and I just wanted a refund. I then had to pay an additional $150 to ship it back to them, then they deducted almost $700 from my return in their "fees that are not refundable". A complete joke of a company. If you can't build and ship the PC without it leaking all over, don't offer it on the website...and especially don't offer a non-refundable "rush build" if you can't build and pack the PC correctly. Pro wiring...lol. I really hope this helps others. Such a bummer for my son who waited over a month and a half for a PC that CYBERPOWERPC couldn't build.

Dear Christopher,

Rush build is a service to have the PC moved to the front of the queue to get sent out within a certain time. If ordering an open loop customer water cooler then we do what we can to ensure it arrives safely. Unfortunately once it ships it is out of our hands on how UPS handles the package during transit. We understand it arrived in a way it was not intended so we offer our services to get in addressed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a custom computer back in February (it arrived 6 weeks later) and have had issues from the start. First of all I paid for several "extras" that I normally wouldn't: overclocking the GPU, extra cable management, and cable sleeves. The cable management was terrible, they had to damage the case by bending it just to get it to close - so why did I pay an extra $20 for better cable management? The first GPU I purchased was not overclocked and then quit after 3 days so I contacted tech support - they said send it back and they will fix both. So I sent it back. Took a MONTH to get the computer back and the cable management was not fixed. The GPU was replaced with a completely different GPU that looks terrible and throws the entire "look" of the rig off not only that but...it's STILL not overclocked and that was $40.

I call them...their response? Cable management is a service, not a product, so no refund and they "did the best they could." If the GPU isn't overclocked I'll need to use several benchmarks and tests, take screenshots, and then call back and email those screenshots to them. No, they don't have any software I can use - I'll just have to download some from the internet. They said they could change the GPU to the same one I ordered...but I'd have to send it back and it would take another month OR remove the GPU, mail it to them, and once received they would mail me another which I could install myself. I really didn't want to go without my brand new $3,000 computer for another month and I wasn't comfortable installing a GPU at the time - but they refused to speed up at least the shipping portion which took a week each way.

I was pretty angry at this point and requested my money back to which they responded "You're outside of the 30 day money back time frame and outside of the 45 day money back with a restocking fee time frame but we will send a new side panel." I did receive a side panel that fit my case however it was more scratched up and damaged than the existing panel on the computer. Since then I spent 4 days working on the cable management and there was no need to bend the case or scratch anything in order to close it. I also changed fan placement and the radiator for the water cooler which dropped the temperatures by roughly 10 degrees Celsius.

I also learned how to take it apart and rebuild it myself so I NEVER have to go through this again. My advice? Go ahead and build your own rig from scratch - you'll spend less money, the same amount of time building it, and you'll have a quality computer from the start. It's not as hard as one would think, it will just take some extra time.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We do not overclock the GPU, we only offer services to over clock the CPU. If you do mean the CPU then Windows will only show the base clock, a 3rd party program is needed to check your CPU's overclocked speed. As for video cards we leave their clock speed to what the manufacturers set it to. Feel free to get in touch with us directly if you need have any concerns.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My son wanted a cool and elite gaming computer. Called and spoke to Leo. Quick to suggest and take our three thousand dollars. We paid for three day shipping! He had earned a nice birthday gift. My son was so excited. After the monies were collected and payment to CyberPowerPC confirmed (they got their monies!) the call came that there was a huge delay. We decided to wait. Six weeks later the computer came in and doesn't work. Called customer service and they were unhelpful, rude, attitude like they didn't care and said mail it back and we will take a look. But first, they asked you know how to work on computers? We said for three thousand dollars why would we need to know how to fix computers it is custom built brand new and Expensive and it took six weeks to put together! They were eating, mumbling, and disinterested. Said mail it back and they would look at it.

Asked if someone local could look at it because I got the best warranty they offered $$$ but the customer service representative said curtly nope and that is the way it is and I have should have understood that any and all problems like the cooling system not working (brand new right out of the box six weeks waiting three thousand dollars) means mailing it back to them and he said it could take six weeks or longer, no really way of knowing, when I got frustrated with the whole disappointing arrival he hung up on me. Called back and complained and got hung up on again. Many calls and a few chuckles from the over the phone courage that awful companies love to do and no satisfaction. On hold for over a total of two hours with hang ups, dropped calls, and mumbles. I guess they delay the delivery to prevent you from blocking the pay from the credit card.

Now they won't return my calls, emails, and won't give me the information to return this non working poorly built three thousand dollar scam. I doubt I will get the refund and any service from them without filing a lawsuit and months and months of waiting if I get the refund after returning. I believe this is their game. We (all of us who have been ripped off by this company) should file a class action lawsuit and END THIS dishonest company.

Updated on 08/21/2018: Package will arrive this Wednesday. Expect full refund. Cannot stress how disappointed we are with your company. On arrival did not work; on arrival tech support disinterested, unhelpful, rude. And that first call on arrival, computer broken!!! Was the last communication. No one returned our calls, no one helpful, until you sent some ambiguous email that made no sense asking for tracking numbers on a package we had not sent because we had no RMA NUMBER... Ruin my kid's birthday, cost me hundreds of dollars in shipping and got nothing but rude immature chatter from your people... BROKEN FROM OUT OF THE BOX, BUT AS WE FOUND OUT TOO LATE THAT IS YOUR REPUTATION AND BOY YOU HAVE EARNED IT!!! Thanks for absolutely nothing!!! Refund and then good riddance!

Got it. No one will return calls, emails, etc. Package being ship. Full refund expected. You, yours and this company are awful. Ruined birthday, don't care. I get it. Chose poorly my fault, believed the hype and ** your company ** out daily. Your non-working computer is on its way back. Not one call or email of help in seven days...awful service and computer. Glad to be done with you and yours and this company.

Updated on 08/31/2018: The company has pre written bland generic responses, which should speak volumes, and their last response doesn't make any sense.

I have called the credit card company and started the long dispute process. The computer never worked, out of the box, and the calls to the company were like talking to a con artist...got your money, and 'we got you SUCKER'. They gave to date NEVER spoke with me, just RARE emails that are nonspecific, bland, and generic... Research proves they have a lot of experience screwing people over and therefore plenty of generic emails to send you... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I spent four hundred in shipping to date. Had no one talk to me to address the problem. Ten days they have had the computer...nothing. Awful, awful, awful company... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to take a further look in to this matter. If you still need assistance then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly via email.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I recently ordered a computer from CyberPowerPC well they sent me the wrong MOBO. I was given an "ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero" which is the none WIFI version. I paid for the WIFI version. I have sent emails and called and left messages with their "customer support" and nothing no email and no call back about getting some kind of refund for sending me the wrong part.

Dear Zuly,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to this matter further, please feel free to email in to us directly with any information regarding your PC.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I bought this piece of crap for $800. It can’t even run Fortnite properly. I had to call CyberPower about three different times and that still didn’t help. It just got worse and worse each day I paid Fortnite. One day it would start lagging, the next day it would start freezing, until eventually I found myself crashing from Fortnite three times in one day. Wifi is not an issue, because I had moved it right next to my router. This is a very slow computer and not meant for gaming at all unless you’re into Minecraft. I wish I could give this a 0/5 rating.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

If I could give less than 1 star I would. I have purchased 5 PCs and one gaming laptop from CyberPower over the past 15 years or so and spent over $10,000 total with them and yet their tech support and customer service reps are condescending and care nothing about helping. My first PCs from them were fantastic, never had issues, only replaced due to age. However, the most recent purchases have been progressively worse and worse.

My most recent purchase from them was an approx. $1,200 rig. It worked for a couple of weeks after arriving before I began to get a series of different blue screen errors all related to memory loss. After doing my own troubleshooting and also going through everything again with their tech on the phone (unseating/reseating RAM, booting with one stick of RAM then the other etc...) the tech concluded that there was likely something wrong with the motherboard and requested I send the entire PC back to California from Tennessee at my personal expense. I did so, and when I received the PC back from them several weeks later the only thing their techs did was replace the RAM. So I spent almost $100 to ship an ENTIRE PC across the country just to have the RAM replaced. They could have much more cheaply and easily just had me send them my RAM and sent me replacement RAM.

PC works fine for a few days, then the monitor stops displaying. Checked the monitor and cables on another PC in the house, nothing wrong there. Now I'm calling into tech support and again going through all the troubleshooting (this time with a "level 2" tech). Pull the graphics card, plug the monitor into the MB. Still nothing on screen, troubleshoot blah blah and guess what? YEP. I have to ship the PC back to California AGAIN because surprise surprise, there may be an issue with the motherboard. Tech support insisted that I had to foot the bill AGAIN to pay for the PC to be shipped. I flat out refused, was bumped up to someone who actually treated me like human being and was understanding of my current frustration and emailed me a shipping label. For that, I do give them credit, though it took me arguing and cursing a lot at the first guy on the phone just to get to talk to someone who seemed to care.

Fast forward to today, I just got the PC back for the second time. I have booted it up twice and am now getting more blue screen errors, this time system configuration issues and am having to reinstall windows myself in the hopes that that fixes the issue. Spoke to tech support again tonight just to have my call on record, but knowing they were going to recommend the reinstall. Tonight's tech support guy told me that he didn't have time to wait for my computer to troubleshoot because he had to get to other customers. He also had the nerve to suggest that I send the PC back to them so that they could reinstall it for me.

Their service techs are all extremely rude and condescending and don't seem to care at all about your issues. I have spent so much money with this company and yet they clearly do not value me as a customer AT ALL. I absolutely will NEVER purchase another system from CyberPowerPC. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Dear Amanda,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to take a further look in to this matter. Please feel free to email in to us directly with any information regarding your Pc.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: July 31, 2018

MUST READ—— I recently wanted to get into computer gaming while using my computer for work and school. I was super nervous about building. So many little components so many things that could go wrong and we are talking a lot of money. A LOT OF MONEY. So I looked to CyberPowerPC for comfort good price for a built PC with some extras. Everything sounded good so I ordered. PC was built on time and shipped rather quickly.

I was out of town for first day of delivery so they would try again next day which I had off and was home. Driver pulls up and... no package in truck. Come to find out my package has been lost by UPS. I know right well this is shipping’s fault yes and no. It is for losing the package but what does CyberPowerPC do hmmmm. Do they try to find out what happen? Kinda, do they comfort you to make you feel certain you will get your product or refund? Absolutely not. Do they have a RMA guy named Donnie I believe tell me that if they don’t find it could be bad for me where we come after you for the parts. Oh yeah. I paid for them already.

From ordering my PC May 5 and to this day July 31st I finally received my refund. But how did you get one. I had to file a dispute with my bank to force them to give me my money because they kept running around saying they had to talk to UPS. I went to UPS and talked to the manager at the facility to find out and he states this was settled weeks ago. Really?! Gave me his personal cell and I call CyberPowerPC and give it to them. They call me and say they are processing refund. Almost 3 weeks later I call CyberPowerPC and they say they are still talking to there UPS rep. What a joke.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF - When it comes to building or buying. Please build it I got so sick of waiting for a refund and with school approaching I ordered all my parts on Amazon to build one. I was extremely worried about building one but didn’t want to go through the process again. So for you people wanting to game on PC DO NOT BUY.

I found this guy on YouTube and He made me so excited to build a PC. https://youtu.be/OZaFqY8UF6I. This is the video link to the step by step to build a PC. He has so many videos that helped me. Build it is fun and a great experience. I’m so happy with my result and my first ever build. AVOID CYBERPOWERPC. I had to buy two PCs to get one. Amazon pulls through 98% of the time with deliveries. I trust them with anything. If CyberPowerPC has to tell me to contact their customer service I will laugh. They have no idea what they are doing and by the looks of the reviews that’s the main problem driving the company down.

Dear Ken,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We understand you have gotten this resolved and probably wish to put it behind you. But i would like to take a deeper look in to this matter due to the mentioned time frame of this to be resolved. Again I understand you have moved on and built your own, so if you do not mind feel free to email me directly your order numner.

- CyberpowerPc Support

Original review: July 26, 2018

Do not buy a PC from these people. They are scam artists. Their PCs are junk and poorly put together. I spent $2700 on a rig and have had nothing but issues. Dealing with them is pointless. They are no help at all unless you are waiting to buy something. They refused to replace a warranty covered PSU and even made me pay shipping! They do not care about their customers and will steal your money. Save your time and money and buy from someone else!!! You will be glad you did. These guys are a joke!!!

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Our computers are equipped with 1-year manufacturer warranty and life-time technical support. If you are having an issue replacing the PSU there should be no problem making use of the warranty to get that component replaced. As for shipping, as stated on our warranty which can be publicly seen on our site does go over how the shipper does have to cover costs.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I ordered a $700 “gaming pc” from CyberPowerPC from Best Buy because it was on sale and I was looking to get into pc gaming. The first month it worked fine and I had no issues with it. But I recently started getting many FPS drops and even when I would lower my graphics settings it wouldn’t help. So I decided to contact support and they basically told me that the AMD Radeon graphics card in my system wasn’t there and was integrated into CPU. So that means it’s a weaker version and the support guy said quote “it’s not good for gaming”. The support guy also cut me off because he said he other people to help.

On the site it says in the description that it’s a graphics card and only makes a tiny mention about it being integrated in the specs which doesn’t say that’s it worse or less powerful. So I basically spent $700 for a pc that can’t run games my Xbox can run perfectly fine. So I had have to spend $150 on a new graphics card because I was never given one. I don’t understand how people are supposed to get into pc gaming if they have to know every little detail about every part in order to not get ripped off.

Dear Jack,

We are deeply sorry to hear of any confusion. The PC is an entry level system, however, focused more on non-gaming needs. When we advertise a PC for sale we will list of each component in the build, for stuff with a APU is when you sometimes see a video card will not be listed. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased a $3342 pre built PC from CyberPower and received a half ** slapped together pile of **. The GPU backplate wasn't even screwed in! The water block was hanging loose while this backplate bounced around the PC during shipping. The water loop had two kinks at arrival that were so bad that liquid could not be pumped through them! Two of the RAM sticks were not working and the radiator was BADLY damaged. I contacted the tech support and they told me I would have to send them the entire water loop before they would send me a new one that I had to install MYSELF and did not offer any compensation for my wasted time. I honestly can not warn you enough, PLEASE do not support this company in any way.

Dear Joshua,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you would like you are more than welcome to send in the entire Pc to us. We would be able to take a deeper look to what was damaged and help perform the replacement.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs