Baldwin Park, CA

4.8/5 (2533 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About CyberPowerPC

CyberPowerPC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: April 6, 2022

I am a return CyberPowerPC customer, having purchased a gaming computer for myself back in 2012. Since then, I have purchased two more CyberPowerPC computers, one for each of my sons from Best Buy. Although I built my last computer, it was almost 7 years old and was getting a little long in the tooth for today's games.

Since it has been some time since I purchased a new computer, I shopped around at several notable computer manufacturers (both big names and smaller companies). In the end, the other companies couldn't compete on customizability, parts availability, or price. My only real complaint is that CyberPower's customization interface, although nice and easy to use, still has different configurations at different price points, even for the same exact parts. It isn't much different, but it does get frustrating when trying to get the best deal. In the long run, the configuration I chose saved me about $90-100 bucks over the same configuration on another "deal." A similar complaint is that two weeks after my purchase, I priced the exact same build and it was $100 cheaper; however, that is the varying price nature of components in this day and age.

Anyway, my computer arrived packaged beautifully. It was packaged in the original computer case box, and that box was in another larger box with outstanding packaging. I purchased the additional PC case insert to minimize any internal issues. The only notable issue was the PC builders left a small Styrofoam insert above the hard drive cage wedged behind the power supply shroud. It took a bit of maneuvering to get it out from behind the cable runs, but it wasn't too difficult. After hooking it up, the computer booted up immediately and after the quick Windows setup, I was extremely happy by the lack of bloatware. A quick skim showed the components I ordered, and a nice MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3x 10G OC graphics card. It’s great that even when I couldn’t select specific parts, I still received a name brand card. The RAM wasn’t anything special though, just a standard ADATA module.

After installing a few apps, the computer is whisper quiet. I can barely hear anything. I haven’t really pushed it too much yet; but overall, I’m very happy with the purchase so far. I’ve played Guardians of the Galaxy on maximum settings and the computer never really got loud at all. For reference, I bought the iCUE system that is focused on Corsair components. I’ll continue to test the system out, but at this moment, I highly recommend anyone searching for a new PC to consider CyberPowerPC. You likely won’t be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

My desktop pc died in November and several friends recommended CyberPower Pc so I gave them a look. I have been messing around with digital illustration and photo editing as a hobby for years. I'm interested in learning 3-d rendering as well and I enjoy gaming when I have some spare. I did my research on what I would need in a pc to get the job done for hobbies, gaming, and possibly work.

First let me just say CyberPower has the most options of any of the custom builders. Despite the chip shortages and hard to find overpriced GPU's, Cyberpower will probably have what you're looking for. Cyberpower also has sales all the times. They're like a car-dealership. If there is a holiday coming they will have a sale. I caught a Valentine's sale which got me a gpu and cpu upgrade for a lowered price. I placed my order on a Monday and in less than two weeks my new desktop had arrived. Cyberpower sent me emails confirming the parts I requested were available, that my pc was being built, that the system was going through quality testing, and that it had shipped.

My desktop arrived in a huge box stuffed with air bags to cushion another box that had the actual pc inside. Inside that box was foam blocks custom fit to the pc case. Inside the desktop was another bag with foam to protect the guts of the system. Any extra parts from the build were sent in zip lock bags, as well as quick start-up guides and discount cards for Xbox game pass and a few other goodies. So far I've had no problems with the system, everything works fine. My only complaint so far is the wiring. There is a ton of wiring and it's stuffed kind of willy-nilly in the bottom portion of the case and looks messy.

FYI there's a section when ordering your build for you to leave comments and what not. The case I purchased has two areas for HDD drives to be stored one area behind the main fans and another area in the smaller lower bay where they are out of sight. The builders used the bottom of the case area, I would have preferred the larger bay portion of the case be used to display the hard drives along with the graphics card. But they didn't know that because I didn't tell them. So that's on me. So when ordering be sure to leave your preferences in that box. It's there for a reason.

In conclusion I have been satisfied with my order from Cyberpower PC. If you're looking for a new pc, you should definitely give them a look. They sell Pre-builts as well as the Customizable orders. They offer systems for gamers, content creators, they have workstations, and computer for people who might just want to surf the internet a little. Their pricing is competitive and I doubt you'll find another site that offers as much customization.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I came into this with extremely low expectations, and I was pleasantly surprised! I was originally going to build a PC for work/gaming, but it ended up being $300 cheaper to buy from CyberpowerPC rather than buying the parts from Newegg/Amazon. CyberpowerPC also had the best options and cheapest price out of any other PC building website I could find and I checked like all ten well known ones that exist. For example, IBUYPOWER was slightly more expensive and had similar options but did not have as many deals. Also, NZXT was very overpriced and they didn't even have 12th gen Intel available. This was also the case for every other PC building website I checked. CyberpowerPC also had the exact items I was looking at for the build originally (case, motherboard, processor, gpu) as well as having a few sales/deals which they always have going on.

I also decided I trusted CyberpowerPC more than buying a graphics card from Ebay/StockX. I have seen some bad reviews about CyberpowerPC but I honestly think they are mostly due to bad luck shipping or user error/not checking to make sure everything is connected properly out of the box. It took 22 days for my pc to arrive from when I clicked buy and it arrived in perfect condition as well as being very nicely packed in the box with no wiggle room at all. I also opted for the $19 foam insert on the inside to protect the gpu. After opening and inspecting the pc everything was connected to the proper inputs on the motherboard and psu. I did not purchase any cable management option and it was actually very well managed anyway. There is a simplified copy of my invoice below. For the price, the peripherals they offer (keyboard $5, mousepad $0, mouse $9, and HDMI cable $5) can't be beat.

The $50 Visa gift card was also a nice deal as I used it to upgrade to the exact ram kit I wanted. It was way cheaper for me to lower the system ram to 8gb (-$50) and buy the ram on Amazon than it was to upgrade to the ram I wanted directly on CyberpowerPC. I ended up getting 32 (16*2) GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4000 mhz CL18 for $169 off Amazon, which would have been a $400 upgrade on CyberpowerPC. I would definitely recommend doing this as upgrading ram is one of the easiest and quickest upgrades you can do yourself. One 3-minute Youtube video about learning how to install ram will save you a lot of money. However, If you decide to go the route of upgrading the ram yourself do not use the stick the system comes with as well as the set you buy.

This is because motherboards only allow you to run one mhz speed and CL for all sticks of ram. So if the system comes with 3200 mhz CL18 ram and you buy 3600 mhz CL14 ram, it will only run as fast as the weakest link (3200 mhz CL18) and that is if the PC will even boot. Another tip on upgrading ram is make sure you get a set with 2 sticks so you can have dual channel/rank ram. Also make sure you put the two sticks of ram in the right DIMM slots. The motherboard manual your system comes with will tell you exactly which DIMM slots you should use for two sticks of ram. If anyone is curious, I was getting a consistent 90 fps on Warzone using the 8gb of ram the system came with (in-game settings were not optimized). The next day when I installed the 32gb of ram I had ordered I was getting a consistent 230 fps on Warzone (in-game settings optimized).

In my order I chose the MSI Z690-A but received an Asus Prime Z690-P (Free $15 Upgrade). This is the only thing that could be interpreted as "bad" in my experience even though the boards are near identical in every way (Power Phases, IO, Audio, PCIE/M2 slots, etc.), and I prefer the Asus board aesthetically anyway. This was likely a weird timing issue that will never happen again because when I checked their website 15 days after I ordered and saw the invoice that indicated that I was getting the Asus Prime Z690-P instead, I saw that the MSI Z690-A wasn't even an option on their website anymore. To conclude this overly elaborate review/ram guide, I would highly recommend buying from CyberpowerPC if you don't want to build yourself and/or if the graphics card situation remains the way it is making it a lot cheaper to go through them.

P.S. CyberpowerPC almost always has at least 5% off which you can see at the end of my invoice. You may need to google it to find out what it is but it will take care of your sales tax so it is definitely worth it. Invoice: Skorpion K2 RGB, Cooler Master MM720, Mouse Pad 14x12 Inches, 6ft HDMI cable, $50 visa gift card, System Box and Foam, Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI DDR4, Intel I7-12700K, MSI Geforce RTX 3070 Ventus 3x, ADATA 8GB DDR4-3200, CyberpowerPC Deepcool Castle 360EX ARGB AIO Liquid, Cooler Master thermal paste, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W V2, Windows 11 pro, Ultra-Packaging Ultra-Enhanced Packing Solution, 2022 (5% OFF for Order Over $999).

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Being a computer professional and hobbyist, I often get recruited to assist in other's custom PC builds. With the current manufacturing crisis slamming every aspect of the global supply chain, this request takes place months in advance, as parts are slow to arrive. During the build, even if great care is taken when ordering, there are incompatibilities and time consuming adjustment is required. Non-functional parts, long conversations with multiple customer service offices, agonizing over each deal missed during the quarter year wait to even begin building a PC.

This was the price that had to be paid to get your dollar's worth on power. However, modern builders are left dissatisfied as their costs are typically greater than a prebuilt amid the chip shortage. Even if cost was not a factor, having to wait months for the parts to arrive and the unignorable hassle of having to install and configure every single one yourself if a deal breaker for someone that is more interested in using, rather than building, a computer.

That being said, I didn't want to compromise on quality, and a standard prebuilt often fails to hit the specifications I desire; ITX, value, quality motherboard (good DAC), etc. So I searched for the best and choose CyberpowerPC. They seemed to strike the balance between power, value, and options, while providing modern GPUs and quality customer service. In my experience/research they don't sacrifice much in any particular area but they are good, compared to their competition, at everything. Configuration on their website was a breeze and customer service was ready for questions or concerns. My computer was shipped and received in two days as expected, the packaging job was well done and the materials can be reused should the unit need to be moved again, a luxury personal built PCs can't deliver. The components were installed proficiently, and the cables are tight and routed through the case. With only minor adjustment, the optics are akin to something I would be satisfied with in my own work.

I was unable to find a company as well rounded as CyberpowerPC. Most other sites are overpriced, lack options, push garbage motherboards, have bad quality control, tiresome customer service, difficult website, issues shipping, with CyberpowerPC I faced none of these, and having used the system daily for over a month, I couldn't be happier.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I recently purchased a computer from CyberPowerPC. Configuration was very easy on their website and customer service was easy to get a hold of over the phone when I had questions or concerns. My computer was shipped two weeks faster than expected and was well packaged. The components were installed well, and the cables look professionally routed in the case. The best part is CyberPowerPC honored my special request for the EVGA version of the graphics card, which was a pleasant surprise. They even changed the motherboard to a slightly more expensive one of the same brand that fit the giant video card; the original motherboard had a PCI x1 express port that was in the way.

When the computer is turned on, all the RBG lights come on and can be configured in BIOS. The computer boots right into windows without issues. All the drivers were already installed when I received it, which is nice. One minor complaint is none of the motherboard specific applications were installed, but I can do that easily myself. There was no additional bloatware installed, except for a link to CyberPowerPC to review the computer purchase.

The computer itself runs flawlessly. I tested all the components, and they all work without issues: Prime95 stress tests shows no issues with the CPU, Mem86+ shows no memory errors, FurMark shows the video card works perfectly, and CrystalDiskInfo and CrystalDiskMark show the NVME hard drive is fast with no errors. The power supply also has no issues when combined video card and CPU stress tests draw maximal amperage.

In terms of cost, the computer was between $500 to $1000 more expensive than if the components were bought individually and you built the computer yourself. However, given the silicon shortage, CyberPowerPC is the best option for people who want a new high end gaming computer now. Moreover, it is nice not having to put the computer together yourself and troubleshoot all the problems that arise. Additionally, CyberPowerPC provides a 1-year parts and 3-year labor warranty for peace of mind. The downside to the warranty is CyberPowerPC requires you to pay to have the computer sent to them for warranty service. However, you can buy an upgraded warranty that will pay for shipping both ways if you live in the 48 contiguous states. Overall, if you want a gaming computer now and do not want to wait for computer part prices to normalize, I recommend CyberPowerPC for your next gaming computer.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Pc got here extremely quickly. Ordered it and got it in exactly one week. Great quality. Not one thing broken. Haven't had a problem yet. It runs extremely well and have not lagged in one game at all..

Original review: May 9, 2022

This was my first time ordering a prebuild, and I chose to order from Cyberpower because they had a pretty good deal. The pc was built and shipped out in a fairly reasonable time frame, and was packaged well. The only issue I had was that I needed to buy an extra cable myself after to connect fans/coolers to the argb headers.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Great service, awesome build and fast delivery. I am completely happy with the service I got and the final product. Money well spent and was kept up to date on the entire process. Would absolute recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The ability to customize every inch of the PC was outstanding. Speed of service was excellent. I got my custom pc weeks before I anticipated. They kept me updated every step of the way which was also great. Best options, lowest price, and great service....I couldn't ask for more.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Great value to performance ratio. Good specs at a good price in today's market, not installed with bloatware and can upgrade down the road as needed. Seems to be built well and rigid. Not flimsy. Overall happy with purchase.

CyberPowerPC author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

CyberPowerPC Company Information