CyberPowerPC

Baldwin Park, CA

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchase a Gamer Ultra that was manufactured this year 2017, unboxed it and got everything hooked up. All went well until this month when the machine started shutting off on its own. Also the mouse acted erratically as well. I bought this to play Sims 3 on and even then the graphics card wasn't recognized by the game. I also tried to upgrade the HDD to a 3TB to store more games. It would not let me boot into the bios options to change the boot order from MBR to EUFI. I pressed escape rapidly only for it to continue straight to Windows 10. Very upset and disappointed. About to send this crap back to Amazon for my refund and also cancelling the service plan as well.

After two months of me purchasing this computer for my son for his birthday. He attempted to add an updated graphics card. When he went to add it the black covering to the PCI express slot 2.0 broke off. It is on the motherboard. So we went as far as buying another board exactly the same assuming we could just add it and the computer would work fine. However that was not the case. The computer never worked again. So we attempted to contact CyberPowerPC. I did purchase the 4-year Warrentech Warranty but they directed me to CyberPowerPC since they have a one year warranty on the computer saying they would be the ones covering it since it was defective.

To make a long story short CyberPowerPC customer service said it is my son's fault the piece broke off because he added a graphics card to the computer. I said, "Hold on. We are supposed to be able to add or upgrade the PC without things breaking off." Basically he said, "There is no prove your son did not break this when adding this card."

Furthermore he added if it was loose or broken he should have eye balled it and known and should have reported it before attempting to add a graphics card. I said, "How would he know by eyeballing something is was about to break off. Would you not be more likely to discover that upon opening the computer or upgrading." Basically the guy said he will do nothing. It's not covered, he was extremely rude, all I wanted to do was to send it in and them fix it so my son has his computer. Now I am out over 600 dollars including computer warranty and spare motherboard. I should have looked into the reviews for this company and its computers before purchasing.

(Fair warning, this a long review just to give potential customers understanding what they're getting into. And perhaps to explain my "Thousand dollars in the hole" frustration.) Background, I had about a month before I attended college for my first semester. I was required to live in the dorms for the first year and I decided I need a laptop, more so, a gaming laptop. My family decided as a graduation gift, they would buy me a nice gaming laptop. (To be fair, I was the one that chose the laptop/company). At the time I couldn't deny the price of this computer with all the specs it came with. I ended up choosing this company over an Asus laptop (first mistake).

Laptop: **. When I ordered it, August 2015, the reviews were fairly decent, everyone seemed happy about it. When I received the laptop and gave it a go, it was like being a child on Christmas all over again. I never owned a "Gaming" rig before, always had generic HP/Toshiba laptops. The graphics were crazy smooth and beautiful, as well as the gameplay. League of Legends was running somewhere around 300 FPS (Not saying much but at the time, that was outstanding for me). Ark: Survival Evolved was running on Medium graphics and not phasing too much. Overall, I honestly couldn't have been more satisfied at the time.

Here's where ** storm starts to build up. Around January 2016, the laptop has this strange reaction where the battery won't fully charge. I'd be playing Ark and all of a sudden, I'd be getting 2 FPS... T-Rex fly at these frames. I tab out and notice the battery is on 14% (Low). I check the plugs and make sure everything is properly connected and sure enough, the battery just isn't charging. I look up online to find this to be a common defect in my model of laptop. Whatever, I do my own brainstorming and come to realize if I give it a couple minutes here and there to charge, the gameplay isn't affected too much. I mean, come on, it can't be perfect right?

Next stop - Laptop graveyard. About end of March 2016 (So middle of my second semester, 7 months into lifetime), I'm playing Trundle Jungle on Sunday (Yes I remember this day very clearly), and my laptop powers down with the Hollywood sound of "This is not turning back on" (It was a sunny day, no, I didn't get struck by lightning). With the sound that pierced an arrow into my geek heart, I tried to turn on the laptop through unplugging the charger and plugging back in... No cigar. Panic overwhelms me due to the school work in my laptop, and the fact I left my league team hanging. So come the Monday, I call CyperPowerPc and explain my situation to 2 or 3 different people (This doesn't bother me, I expected this). I also mentioned how the battery may be faulty due to the battery not charging fully.

I tried to ask if there was a technician that can possibly run me through some methods on how to fix this from home... That was a good laugh. Instead, they didn't explain any reasoning why the laptop might be broken; they just wanted me to send in. I got frustrated and told them to explain to me what might be wrong to the final person, to where they finally said the battery could've failed or the motherboard is broken. I don't mean to be rude, but I'd like a technical idea as to what happened to my product as well as an explanation to why this happened 7 MONTHS after the purchase. Call it unlucky they said.

They mentioned there might be a possibility that the data on the hard drive might be lost due to the uncertainty of my laptop's condition. I had to agree to let them potentially wipe it if necessary (I still got good grades, but at the time, I thought I was screwed for the semester). Whatever, wipe it if need be. They recognized I was still in the warranty, and gave me everything necessary to send my laptop in and have it repaired, free of charge. Fine... Take my laptop.

It was nice to see I had a method to communicate with the RMA department and see the status of my laptop, despite how useless it was. However, these people responding to my request for information were complete idiots and knew nothing about computers. I still to this day, don't know how a faulty motherboard equals an empty hard drive. After nearly 4 weeks, my laptop was returned to me and it thankfully powered on. Low and behold, the battery STILL didn't charge fully! Honestly, I was pissed but I couldn't afford to send it in again and lost hope for this defect every being fully repaired. I called and asked about a new laptop but they wouldn't allow this.

Final Stop - Laptop Soul drained. Now it's May 7, 2017 and I'm sitting at my desk job listening to music on Youtube and once again Hollywood sound strikes again. Overall, the laptop lasted 20 months with one "Repair". At this point in my life, I have built my own computer at home and was using this computer for music, homework and Hearthstone (Nothing too taxing). The warranty is nothing but a legend and after reading other reviews on the company/laptop, I find myself to be one of the many pissed off customers. I don't have it in me to send any more money to this company and squeeze out a few more months with this laptop. I've lost a lot of data/time with this laptop but learned a lot. Hope you enjoyed my experience!

I got a laptop from them and then 7 months later it broke, it was at their shop for over 3 months getting fixed, they could not fix it so they sent me a new one. The new one broke after a month, it went back to get fixed, 1 month later they send it to me, I boot it up and it locks up and is broke. They did not test this and sent me a broken system. They had my laptop for over 3 months at their shop. They gave me new laptop. It broke after 1 month. Send it back in for repair. Get system back and it is broken right out of the box. They are telling me they will not repair it now.

I bought this CyberPower PC in March 2016. I was told that it was built in Brantford, Ontario. By October, the motherboard failed. To my horror, the warranty stipulates that it has to be sent to California to be repaired. (Nobody tells you this at the time of purchase.) So I made it clear that NOTHING was to be removed from the computer. I was assured that by replacing the motherboard, the data and software would not be touched. I was told my computer would be fixed in ten business days. Well, it took nearly TWO MONTHS to repair my computer and return it to me. This was devastating to my business and course work.

When the computer was finally returned, CyberPower had wiped every single program and every single piece of data from the machine, despite being explicitly told they did not have permission to do this. I lost tons of data. It cost me hundreds of dollars to replace all the software. So now, the computer is 13 months old and it suddenly starts banging and rattling. It turns out that ALL THREE fans are broken. What kind of shoddy materials or workmanship causes ALL THREE fans to fail? And I am told that my computer needs to be sent to Toronto for repairs. Ten business days. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Purchased a Fangbook for my son a little over a year ago. The motherboard fried and have spent the past month trying to get help from Cyberpower to get it repaired. Finally Cyberpower gave us the make and model of the motherboard and has told me I am on my own. Upon further research on the motherboard of the Fangbook the frying of the motherboard after a year has become a common issue. I personally would NOT recommend this product or company due to their lack of concern or support of their customers.

Worse desktop ever purchase in 2016. Less than a month old hard drive failure, find out it was the power supply wires when they put it together in tight side of PC causing the connections damage. Spark against hard drive and failure of Hard Drive, bad decision on their development causing me to lost lot of Data and headache.

CyberPowerPC had excellent experience ordering computer on Web. This where it stops with your best experience. It took one month to get my ordered computer. When I got the computer I had dead GPU. I called service went through typical trouble shooting and finally decided that the GPU card need to be replaced. I ordered it and called every day for when the card will ship. Service Tech kept telling me every day in process and go out today. It took 7 days for them to process my replacement order. They took action only after I expressed my frustrations.

I am loving my new computer from CyberPowerPC, ordering the computer was a breeze and excited for the computer to arrive. Once it arrived the computer wouldn't display. So I called support and they pointed out I was connected in the wrong port. They were very helpful and informative. The computer runs great and I will most likely purchase from these guys again!

Shopped around for the right gaming computer for my son. He chose this company CyberPower Inc. There was a rebate that was offered and it was clear this would be easy to get once the computer was purchased. I followed all the rules Necessary to make sure this would knock some off the purchase price. Pretty much the only reason I purchased this computer.

So I called to make sure I sent in the rebate information and made damn sure that I asked 3 to 5 times to make sure I would be getting this rebate, bear in mind it supposed to be 10 weeks out to get this rebate. So I called on it around the 10 week mark and lo and behold my rebate had been declined and I got the runaround from 3 different people saying I did not fill the form out properly... Such bull crap... Never will use this company and I will be spreading the word that the rebates they offer are FALSE!

Just bought a brand new CyberPowerPC from Best Buy. RX 480 graphics card, 8350 processor. First game I tried playing, WOW, would crash and restart the entire PC after 10-15 mins, sometimes I could play up to 2-3 hrs before a crash and restart. Piece of junk. Scared to exchange it so just going to get my money back.

Purchased a brand new gaming computer and it didn't work. Kept crashing. Customer Service is not allowed to stay on the phone and walk you through anything step by step so we had to send the computer back for service. After receiving it back, it still did not work. They will not pay for shipping for their broken computer, so that cost us $112. Then they still charge a 15% restocking fee. This is the most horrible company we've ever done business with and it should be against the law to take money from people with charges when the company product does not work.

I ordered a new PC from CyberPower PC a little more than two weeks ago. After doing lots of research they seem to be the best priced. Well, my custom build PC is supposed to ship tomorrow except their website has had NO updates as to the progress of my system build. I sent two e-mails to the person who e-mailed me after I placed my order inquiring as to the status of my build and have gotten no response. Of course, they charged my credit card minutes after I placed the order. I'll follow up with additional information as things pan out but right now I am feeling like I just got scammed out of $3000!! Wish I'd Read These Reviews Sooner.

My teenage son saved up for a few years to "custom" build his gaming laptop. He used it for a couple years but not a lot. It had heating issues and most recently a battery/memory problem. We've called technical support and, of course, once the year deadline has passed, you're basically on your own. Cyberpower support told us that it would cost $200 just to ship/return it and said the labor would be expensive. We've had Best Buy Geek Squad say they didn't work on these systems, along with several other local computer companies. You personally have to have good technical experience to fix issues yourself or have a lot of money to maintain Cyberpowers computers. No help at all from the company.

I received this PC for Christmas, & within two months started having issues with it. The rear exhaust/cooling fan has locked up & even while under warranty & used for a little over 2 months. It will take the replacement part (which I will have to install myself) up to 2 weeks to get here. I'm currently using my 6 year old HP tower which still works & I paid under $250 for until then. Their customer service representatives are rude & painful to deal with. Avoid this manufacturer like the plague!

CyberPowerPC is a scam. Ordered a pc from them mid-December of 2016, received it over a month later. Upon startup, it immediately went into recovery mode saying the pc needed to be repaired. Literally non-functional out of the box. I send it back for repairs, and I don't receive it back for over a month. Again upon startup, went into windows boot manager. Got it to work for a few hours but now it's back to the exact same issue I originally had. I'm convinced they hardly even worked on it or tested it to see if it was functional.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A HUGE JOKE! They are extremely rude and unhelpful. They refuse to pay for shipping. I'm getting a refund but it gets better- they deduct 15% from your original price as a 'restocking fee'. That's right. You have to pay $100-$200 dollars along with shipping to send them back a pc that doesn't work and was their job to make sure it was working to begin with... truly ridiculous. Now I'm just waiting on my refund which will take who knows how long. Bunch of thieves they are. STAY AWAY!!!

I spent the past four years saving every dollar I could to buy myself a good custom laptop. After weeks of searching, I decided settled on buying a laptop with the CyberPowerPC company. On November 29, 2014 I bought a gaming laptop worth 2,340.00. I had to pay an additional 600$ for custom fees which was not explained during the purchase. The total came up to 2940$. As I opened the box, I noticed there was no (FREE) game code as promised in the laptop promotion (worth 89$). After emailing them they sent me a new code (Which was already redeemed. Probably by someone at their company stealing the codes). I put in another request with customer support for my game and never received a reply. The laptop was not very well built (some sides were hinging off).

After a few weeks the laptop showed signs of problems (would restart randomly). This problem stopped for a while, until a few weeks later. The laptop completely broke down and wouldn't start up. When purchased the keyboard had a red backlit lights and not multi colored like advertised. After getting a RMA I shipped the item to the company. This cost me 187$!!! I feel like this is completely unfair since there was an obvious defect in the product since day 1. I work minimum wage and this is a lot of money for me. I bought a very expensive laptop expecting it to last me a minimum of 3-4 years. I put my faith in the company and they let me down.

I purchased a PC from CyberPowerPC regardless of all the negative reviews hoping that everyone was wrong and I just might get lucky. After having the PC for 3 months, I returned for replacement warranty because the graphics was defective. I thought no big deal I'll get it back in no time, it arrives on the 6th of February of 2017 and they finally review it today (2/10/17). They don't even tell me about the status of PC I have to contact them. I finally get connected and they tell me the PC was damaged during shipment and that I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. So not only is replacing the graphics card a concern, but now I have to pay for the broken case I didn't break. Hilarious right? Garbage company, avoid if possible.

Hello. I spent little bit under $2000 on my computer. I was overjoyed. I had the money and I wanted a good beefy computer to play all the new and exciting games. I ordered my computer and it was sent to me. First time I got it there was a issue with the computer. It would not stay on. It kept turning on and off and I forgot what the problem was. I think it was a bad cable or something. No idea. So I sent it back, they paid for shipping. All good. I got it back two weeks later, it ran fine and all was good. Few months later about 6 it started to overheat a lot. I have 5 fans in my computer, and it kept overheating. The computer itself was fine, but the Graphics card kept overheating. I told them of my issue and they said they will identify the problem. This time I had to pay the $200+ in shipping. After reading their warranty they don't provide shipping cost unless it was on the same day of their RMA. So I said "Fine", I sent my computer back to them again.

They emailed me saying it was the Motherboard that was the issue and they replaced it. I said "Oh I guess that could be the problem. Fine." I waited two weeks and TODAY I just got it back. Now in my mind I'm like "Yes I can finally go back to being a nerd and play my video games etc." But no. Today I had a new issue with my computer. The monitors would not detect a input for my computer which means either the VIDEO CARD (You know what I said was the problem before they told me no) is either fired or damaged or whatever or something else. Of course I made sure the RAM was in and the video card was correctly placed in, I even took it out and put it back in to ensure it was in correctly (Because these people clearly don't know how to do their job).

As I'm talking to the Agent on their website for live help he told me the things I already know. No refund because it's past the 31 days since purchase, and seeing it's the problem they sent me I won't have to pay for shipping. But when talking to the agent I learned something new. He asked for my computer password (Which means they are going to turn on the computer plug it in to a monitor and check if it's working). This means they didn't do it before. They just changed parts and then sent it back. These people do not actually check if the computer is working. They just make sure it turns on and then they send it to you. I don't even know if they replaced my motherboard. I think they just took it and sent it back. Who knows. But I'll be sure to update once I get my computer back in a few weeks to tell you if there is another problem or if it is working with no problems for once.

Cyberpower PC charged me for a non-functioning recovery disc. First off CyberPowerPC nickel and dimes you with everything. I ordered them to arrange my wires, but couldn't figure out why my side fans didn't work. They said "oh, it's because you didn't select the higher priced option of secured packaging" or whatever it's called. Well no that's absolutely not true. The wire was still behind the other side of the tower tucked away. It wasn't connected ever. They forgot to secure internal components and said it was because I didn't spend enough essentially.

Then when I needed to reformat, I needed a disc which they never provided. I said this. They said I had x amount of days to review the computer and all its parts. So I bit the bullet, bought another disc (I didn't think modern PCs needed to buy the disc in the first place. Guess I was wrong. The serial number on the side is useless by the way if you're trying to burn your own disc.) And they upcharge for Windows 7 instead of 8. So I go to reformat my PC and guess what. The disc didn't work! I tried telling them this. They stopped responding to my e-mails. So I did a charge back on my credit card and guess what. After a couple months my credit card filed in favor of them. DO NOT buy CyberPowerPC. They're useless and overpriced on many things.

Has anyone else been ripped off by CyberPower when submitting rebates? I purchase a PC on Black Friday, received it a few weeks later. I submitted all required paperwork and documentation for MSI Motherboard and 22" Sceptre Monitor. Doubled checked everything before it was mailed. CyberPower replied MSI rebate rejected because it was miss receipt (I included) and I bought it from CyberPower. Never received anything on the monitor that was suppose to be free after $109 rebate. This is bait and switch and I was wondering if anyone else has this poor experience.

The part that feels like a scam is they have all my order information, could look it up. But chose to reject the MSI motherboard because they said it was missing a copy of the receipt (I know it was included and I even highlighted the price and MSI Z170A on the receipt! Never received anything on the monitor. Happy with the PC, screwed on the rebates and in the end overpaid for the PC. The monitor is a not good and not worth $109. I would return and get a refund if allowed. I recommend purchase from another company who doesn't use the lure of fake rebates.

CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Ultra 2239 AMD FX-Series FX-6300 (3.50 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 1 TB. Received the computer last year. I bought this for an employee to run Design programs on (i.e. Adobe platforms, Corel etc.) The computer booted up fine. Seemed to run great first day. As soon as I started to load programs on the computer we ran into a wall right away. 100% disk usage virtually all the time - running out of memory opening a 10mb file???

Customer support is nonexistent giving me useless advice trying to buy time? No follow ups. Endless holding time on the phone. I even purchased extended warranty and they say they can do nothing for me. This thing blue screened twice now. I had ended up taking it to a local computer guy who did scans and found viruses. Thought that would be the issue but to no avail. Researching the parts inside this computer -- worst reviews for hard drive, ram, power supply, video card (which is ** and always crashed). Just the worst company to deal with.

I had been wanting a new gaming PC for quite a while. I had bought a Dell XPS series in 2010. I found it to be a good computer but upgraded the graphics card twice to keep up with gaming. I also found its lack of space a bit cumbersome. I decided to shop for a new PC this past holiday season and stumbled across this company that has won awards and looked promising. The veterans day deals they had going combined with their Black Friday deals looked pretty outstanding. So for approximately $1800 I custom built a PC and purchased it on 11/11/16. It was supposed to be at my house on Black Friday. It didn't show up until 12/5. When it did show up, I unpacked it to find that the led lights were coming off the case (cheaply done) and the top mounted fan was just dangling in the PC, resting on other components. The screw to open the side panel of the PC was also stripped.

I called them to notify them of that and to also let them know that I was experiencing wifi trouble. After a while of troubleshooting, we figured out it was that they sent me a bum wifi card. However, there was still the problem of the PC crashing overnight. And the next day. And 3 times in 24 hours. The tech support couldn't determine whether I should run Prime 95 or not because I "only have a 120 mm liquid cooler". Their tech support was a total joke. The computer would also not detect my monitor when it came out of sleep. Their advice: turn off sleep mode. Wow, what a solution. That couldn't possibly be an indication of another problem. I reinstalled windows (which I was never given a code for) and after a week of being put on hold, cut off, transferred, and being treated as a hassle, I decided to request a full refund.

That's when more problems showed up. I had to wait "24 hours" for an RMA number so I could ship it back. After 48 hours, I called and they said, "It will show up tonight." It never did. I then angrily called twice the day after, and like magic as I'm yelling at the support person, it magically showed up in my email. I then went to UPS and shipped it back to them for $120 on 12/14/16. They got it 12/19 and sent a confirmation email stating that it was received. According to their warranty, it would take 5-7 business days to get my refund. I finally got my refund 1/18/17. That's right. A month later. Oh and it wasn't a full refund either.

In the multitude of phone calls I made, they informed me it would be forty dollars less than my purchase because they don't refund game codes (which I never activated) that were FREE with components that I purchased. They even show up as FREE holiday offers on the invoice. So I was charged $40 for the free game codes which I then told them to email me since I was paying for them anyway. They, however, didn't charge me for the $100 Microsoft FREE offer with any Intel PC. That shows you another incongruency. They claimed that it was taking so long because they were busy from the holidays.

Each time I called them to tell them the refund hadn't gone through yet, they told me to be patient and that it was coming. Thanks Carlo **, and other Carlo **. You both lie nonstop to get off of the phone. So in summary, they sent me a faulty PC, treated me like dirt, made me sit on hold for hours cumulatively, were the source of frustration for almost 2 months, and didn't issue a full refund. And it only cost $160 at the end. Build your own. Stay far away.

I've seen some bad reviews of their machines, so I thought I'd give my review just to give a different perspective. Mine cost me $1372.00, was bought as a gaming machine, and it was worth every penny. It took about two weeks for the computer to be delivered. It was packed well and no problems. They upgraded my hard drive from a 500 GB to a 1 TB without charging me more. I'm glad they did. I didn't realize I could fill it up that fast with the new games. Every other part was as ordered. It ran great right out of the box with no issues, and is still running with no issues as of this post.

This is my second Cyberpower computer. I had bought one in Feb 2010. The power supply failed within the first month, but I returned the machine, at no cost, and they replaced it. Got it back less than two weeks later. For $10 extra you get a one year parts and free shipping warranty. It's worth it. So, I have had nothing but good experiences with them, and I would recommend their computers to anyone. They give you many more choices of components and price ranges than any other company I checked out, and I checked out at least four other gaming computer manufactures.

I received a CyberPowerPC for Christmas. When I opened it, it seemed fine. The more I got to looking things weren't fine. It was supposed to have an 120 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. All that was showing was the SSD. Opened the case and both drives were there but the HDD was installed in the bottom and during shipping it had gotten knocked cockeyed. Got that straightened out and then seen that the power connector was broken. There were only 4 power connectors that would fit this drive and 3 were being used. The 4th was all the way at the top where the DVD drive was.

I called tech support explaining to them the problem. They offered a new power supply but I would have to take the one out of my computer and send it to them, me paying for the shipping, and then they would send me a new one when they received the old one. I told them I would gladly pay to have the new one shipped out to me and then when they receive the old one they can refund my money. No way were they going to do that. Several times I offered to do this. That was take a minimum of 2 weeks. 2 weeks not being able to use my computer. I called a couple different times getting the same results when speaking with different people. I asked to speak with the supervisor. He ended up being the 1st person I spoke with.

I ended up having them send me a cable that would convert the 4 pin power to the needed power pin. That took 2 weeks. They didn't ship it until about a week and a half after the phone call. No reason to be holding orders like that. They have the worst customer service I have ever worked with. I ended up purchasing a cable locally so I could use my computer right away. I don't see how they are staying in business with such crappy customer service. Good luck on your purchase.

Building Computers since 8880 chips have been used; yes before Pentium, when IBM made computers I have worked, built, troubleshot, and designed systems since the 80s. When upgrading memory was a stack of volatile ICs (Integrated Circuit chips). CyberPowerPC does the same as a majority of off the market products to build expensive systems with non-marketed, bulk priced components. I worked CPPC from day one on my benches of my own company and can tell you from experience they are a lot like Packard Bell computers (look why they are no longer around).

If you want to spend a lot on sub-par, non-current components look no further. They're not an industry leading computer source. Breakdown of parts and components is common (almost invariable), customer support is a sales floor, no real knowledge of troubleshooting or experience; and yes I have had to work with the company on so-called warrantied parts. Bottom line, do your research, compare parts, prices, and up-to-date video, graphics and (RAM) memory standards, Processing power (an i5-6400 is good but an i7- 6700 is just $100+ dollars more for a huge performance mark) before you make a purchase, you will understand my point.

Further, I have a stockpile of "bad" parts in my garage that are CyberPowerPC systems. You may get a few working out of 50 systems that perform well under load and do not fail. Not ragging on a company but I know the systems and performance. You can build a systems for half the price and outperform CPPC. Yes you have to pay for someone else to do the work building PCs, additionally getting the power, current products, from the shelf for the same or a little more to be a competitor... You decide. Good Luck to all new PC owners.

I purchased a desktop from them and had very few issues. Had it for years now and it still works great. However, last year I purchased my laptop from them and it has been nothing but trouble. After having it for only a couple of months the motherboard just crapped out. I sent it back, having to pay for the shipping to them. They fixed it and it worked fine for a couple more months then the replacement motherboard crapped out. Sent it back again, having to pay for shipping, they fixed it and it worked fine for another couple of months and once again the motherboard crapped out.

Because it is no longer under warranty they said it would be over $400 to fix it. I should also add that since the last time they replaced it I had barely been using my laptop for anything other than school work, certainly nothing intensive that would cause a part to continuously be fried. My only thought is they are using low-grade refurbished parts when fixing it. I highly recommend staying away from CyberPowerPC even if you can save a little money by buying from them.

I've never had a non-name brand PC before this. I've also never had a computer fall apart on me. My Cyberpower computer's hardware failed in less than 2 years. I get constant stopcodes, and my graphics-intensive game will not run anymore. Without even examining the computer, the company basically told me I'm on my own because the parts warranty has run, although the labor warranty is still in effect. I guess they're afraid to actually see and diagnose the problem for fear that they might have to eat the labor cost of fixing it, even if they don't have to eat the parts costs. Oh, and like one of the other reviewers, the lettering wore off of my cheap keyboard within a few months of ownership. Also, the backlighting on the keyboard failed quickly. You have to wiggle the keyboard to make it light up. I will NEVER make the mistake of buying from a crappy company like this again.

Maybe my order was a fluke than others on here. I ordered a Fangbook 17 on Cyber Monday. I was told the PC will ship on 12/13/2016. On the 15th I called to check status as PC didn't ship and was told everything was in warehouse and that it will ship next week. They assured me I will have PC by Xmas. Made another call on 18th to make sure it was shipping and was told PC should be done by the 21st. When I explained again this was for Xmas they told me I may not have my item for Xmas. I was purchasing this right from Cyberpower. They were very hard to contact on hold and they never responded to emails. Needless to say I promptly cancelled my order and called Dell and had an Alienware shipped within 2 hours of ordering. If Their customer service is any indication of the type of tech support you will receive then I would say buy something else. Very disappointed!

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA520 8GB Gaming Desktop. Absolutely love it! Went to Best Buy the week before and had bought a "gaming computer" for $700 that wasn't even equivalent to half of this beautiful machine. Runs all my games flawlessly and can open multiple tabs with no glitching or errors! It's great to find that some companies still know how to build a quality computer with the consumer in mind not just profit. Would definitely recommend to friends and family! Ignore the bad reviews. Anyone who is hard on a computer for a long time is going to have wear that is normal for a hardcore gamer.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.
  • Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.
  • Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.
  • Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.
  • Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.
  • Best for CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Compare Computer Brands