CyberPowerPC

Baldwin Park, CA

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So 5 years ago I purchased a desktop from this company, only paid $800 for it and it had lasted me for an extremely long time. Even upon upgrading the motherboard, processor and CPU about 3 years into owning it, everything about it worked amazing. Many of the negatives reviews are not what truly represent this company. Yes delivery takes time, but you can't rush perfection, because these computers are both cheap and high quality.

I just recently ordered a Vector 17 VR 800 (GTX 1060 6GB DDR5, I7 6820Hk, 16GB RAM), even though the month-long wait will take time, it's most definitely worth every time and dime spent. Free $60 mouse, 4 free games and $100 windows gift card? What's not to love about that? Especially since the end price was about $1400, (no tax, free shipping) then I see a ASUS brand laptop with 980m (almost identical to the 1060), for upwards of $2000! With no special deals to entice me to spend the extra $600+. I would not recommend this company if you are impatient and customer service means everything to you. The deals you get are most likely only possible because they focus on PC building more than the customer's feedback.

If you ever want to experience what it would be like if DMV sold computers, look no further. CyberpowerPC is here to help you. Their sales manager Willis don't give a ** about if your order is 2 days late or 2 weeks late. He won't give you any sort of helpful information whatsoever and clearly hates his job. So do yourself a favor, go and buy from somewhere else. Or do like I did, give an order, wait for 3 weeks with zero updates, call them a few times to get some information but receive very rude answers that will make you feel like they are doing a favor to you and finally cancel your order.

My current computer died quickly - ended up being the power supply - so I went online to order a new replacement. In order to resolve my dead computer I searched the internet and found the CyberPowerPC website. Once I figured out how to build "my" computer I thought the opportunity to design my own computer was novel. It reminded me of the old Gateway days. I ordered the computer on 11/17 and expedited it (which was noted on the site as Friday 11/18). However, that ONLY meant it would be sent on Friday to be built - over $100 later. I did receive my computer on 11/22 and promptly returned in on 11/22 as well.

I found the customer service in this organization to be lacking, actually non-existent. They would rather a returned $2000 computer than work out a compromise with some of the issues I noted to them. During the build of my computer, I noticed several "pre Black-Friday" deals which I was going to take advantage of. As well, I found a 15% coupon for first time buyers which helped with some of the upgrades I selected. I wanted to get a durable unit for processing data and not gaming so I configured it to accommodate my needs. I started with a base unit costing $1947. TODAY the price is $1905. When calling to ask about adjustments - not an option. I had to return the unit and rebuild it.

Additionally, I had ordered a Blu-Ray/DVD. Somehow it was not on the final invoice. Please note I received a message on my order when I tried to change to a case that did not allow an add on like a Blu-Ray/DVD I would get an error message saying it was not allowed. To that end, I tried to talk to the Technical and Sales support to ask if there was a way to rectify the pricing as well as the missing part and was told if it is not on the invoice there is nothing they could do. I could order the part from them - full price - and pay shipping - full price. Additionally, they offered a $3 rebate when a mouse was not selected. I did not select the mouse. I did not receive a mouse. I did not get a $3 credit. I was then told it was NOT on the invoice. I also did not want a keyboard but I got one anyway. I was not charged so I should accept it.

Their invoicing was not complete in that there was no reference to any of the Manufacturer's rebates so I had to reconstruct my order to find those rebates - leading me to the price change. In their mind it was better customer service to have me return the merchandise rather than correct the situation over the phone. Most retail stores recognize the price variations within a certain number of days and will adjust the price without returning the item. Additionally, they only have 1 level of sales support. When I asked to speak to the sales person's manager they told me they were the manager. Clearly this company does not have enough help.

They are totally focused on the invoice. They are totally focused and proving the customer wrong. They are totally unwilling to adjust, alter or acknowledge any issues identified. They would prefer to lose a sale rather than negotiate a compromise. They use the invoice for their benefit regardless of the end result. CUSTOMER SERVICE costs NOTHING but the cost of it is EVERYTHING. I will never purchase a computer from this company based on my experience, I suspect any further support or issues would be handled in the same manner. Unfortunately the business model is good but the service and support is NOT. Don't waste your money - you can get better service locally.

Bought new pc, HD failed, was a repaired item sold as new. My hard drive crashed after 4 years. When I went to replace it, I noticed the label said "Certified Repaired HDD". I contacted them and found they only use new parts on install. Support was unhelpful. I've lost my data which will never be recovered. Company declined to do anything other than research why I was sold a repaired drive as new. This is unfortunate as this is the 2nd tower I've bought from them.

I ordered my computer a month ago, it came a few weeks ago. I spent over $1000 plus tax. It came around $1085. First thing I found out, the graphics card isn't working. I connected it to my monitor, it boots up, I install counter strike. Outdated drivers - I update the drivers. Outdated drivers - I find out the graphics card is broken. A week later they charge me $250 for another GTX 1060. They're gonna give me the money back once I send the broken one back, thank god. But a week later, it still hasn't came. I call them and they respond saying: "We didn't get your order." LOL. I need this computer for school, and yet it's been a pain in the ass after spending over a thousand dollars on them. Amazing service, CyberPower PC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

It's not often I am able to afford something nice. I ended up using a bit of will money to get something that I thought would last me a few years. I had a computer customized from a Coolermaster on the CyberPower PC website. Within months, it just shut off. I was simply scrolling through Facebook, and bloop gone. I called the company and they said it sounded like the power supply went out and wanted me to pay them to replace it. So much for that so called warranty.

So let me get this straight. I spend A LOT of money for a nice computer from you guys to last me a long time, and it died after only months of using it. Not even pushing it very hard... and you want me to pay you for something that should have kept working? You got me ** up. I wish I could leave no stars because I gave this company over $2280.00 FROM WILL MONEY and due to their lack of compliance to replace what was under warranty, I lost that money forever. And I won't be able to afford anything like it for a very long time. The PC has been with a friend and he said it's done. The motherboard is out. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN FROM FACEBOOK!? CyberPower PC unplug everything.

I bought the Tracer-15 200 laptop and not even three months the LCD back cover breaks after use. I just opened my laptop like any other day and the LCD back cover breaks from the inside screws without forcing it. I guess that's what happens when they are cheap on getting LCD back covers that are screwed with only the back cover. The nut screws attached to the back LCD cover broke off and now I can even open or close my screen without trying to break the screen.

I called them said I have to ship it and I have to pay to ship, the part, and labor asking for more than what its worth. The folding arm that makes the LCD close and open is good it's just the case that wasn't well built but they say it's physical damage and is not covered by the warranty. I ask if I could get the cover itself and buy it they just said to either go to Best Buy or else where to fix it. If anyone know where to get the back cover replacement for it or the whole body case please help and message me. **

I had built my previous PC, which with recent games had began to show its age after 4 years. Not the same man I was 4 years ago, and with working 60+ hours a week, as well as many more responsibilities, I really could not find the time to build another PC. I started looking at pre-built PC's and most were laughably expensive with low budget components. Dismayed, I decided to settle and just look at Best Buy's website. It took several weeks of research and looking through products, but I finally found a PC that was perfect. The only problem? It was made by CyberPower PC. A company forums, blogs, and this website included, was complained about and recommended against. I read these complaints, and said to myself, "Maybe I can just copy the parts on PC part picker and build it myself for a lot cheaper." Well I did. And no matter how I played with the components it was only $75 cheaper... 75 bucks?

That is well worth the PC being built and shipped to me, (as my time is valuable) AND it comes with a mouse and keyboard. While I understand building your own PC is a hobby, and I would recommend you try it as it gives you a sense of accomplishment, there is NOTHING wrong with buying a pre-built from this company. Once ordered, the ship date read 16 days. Cool. Two days later I got an e-mail stating it would arrive on Saturday. I ordered it on Monday. 5 days for it to be built, shipped, and picked up. Once I received it, it was packaged with a sturdy box, and industrial styrofoam that can't be cheap to use. The inside of the tower itself was even padded with some sort of expanding packaging that tightly secured the components (and was a little difficult to remove, some care is required... but that can’t be a complaint for parts being delivered intact). I plugged it in, hit the power button... and boom. System up.

Operating system and primary drivers installed. Ready to go. System runs flawlessly and at constantly cool temperatures. The case is designed by them, and is modern and stylish. While also being simple enough it's not a "I PLAY GAMES" eyesore. I won’t lie. The keyboard it came with feels cheap, but if you don't have one it's fine. The mouse I figured I wouldn't use... but my Razer is currently collecting dust in a drawer because this mouse is simply better. I'm honestly not sure how they can ship that thing free with every purchase, as they could probably sell it for at least $50 to increase the price... but they don't. It's free. My ONLY real issue with the PC is the power supply. Its wattage is plenty, even leaves room for crossfire with an equal GPU... but it’s just called a "Standard" power supply. No name brand. I plan on replacing it soon, to avoid any issues, but that is literally all I would touch and is maybe a $60-70 replacement in around a year.

Could NOT be happier with this company, and it upsets me so many people complain about them. This is the only reason I'm writing this review – being in customer service myself I know how important customer comments are – I almost didn't go with this company because of all the negativity. I want YOU out there to know, this company isn't a cheap company. For the 1,000's of PCs they build and send a year, it seems like the one guy with the issue is the most vocal. Maybe I got lucky? But I doubt it. This appears to be a very solid company, and I would recommend it to anyone I know personally who doesn't have the time to build their PC. Specs: $1,089.99 + the governments cut, i5 6600 @ 3.30Ghz, 8 Gigs dual-channel DDR4, MSI 7170A Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI), 1TB HDD

Purchased a gaming computer from them 3 years ago. There were some missing items at the time but service promptly fixed it. Computer still working with a few items no longer functioning or requiring replacement. Support after owning it about a year then became non-existent even though was promised. Since my son needed a laptop I thought I would build & buy from them again, however, what an awful experience this time. Ordered drive upgrades by adding faster SSD & mechanical HD to the base model. After building it, they send e-mail stating the SSD option even though it was a given choice during building/ordering phase, is incompatible. Now they want to charge me double to return to the original included HD. Talk about thieves. It sounds like they may be using counterfeit parts or seconds as well. Hoping I can get a refund, they do not seem interested even though they have not sent anything to me.

I just got the CyberPowerPC from BEST BUY and let me tell you how amazing this beast is!!! Great power/humongous space that could hold movies, games, pictures... Extremely happy with what I have and can't wait to see what this beast is capable of.

I bought a 1500$ pc from CyberPower around January of 2013. When the PC arrived, there was no windows disk. I had to wait until the next day to plug everything in and boot it up due to the arrival being so late in the day (wasn't a problem). I plugged my PC into my APC battery backup, hooked up everything else, and booted it up. No response. I contacted CyberPower and they say my power supply is bad. So, on arrival my computer was defective. I, at the time, had no experience with replacing my power supply so I had to send the whole PC back.

After 3 weeks, I received it with a working power supply. For a while, it was working well but over the years I've had so many issues ranging from having to replace my HD 4-5 times (could just be unlucky with HD, tbh), replacing my GFX, having to buy new RAM. I know things go bad on PC after a while, it's inevitable, but still it seems I've had to put more money into this pc that I should have had to. All in all, CyberPower PC's customer server was decent, they paid for the shipping label for me to ship it back, they were kind and respectful. Their PC's are a bit overpriced in my opinion. If you're able to build a PC yourself or can get someone you know to build it, you will save a decent chunk of money. But I would never, ever, order anything from anything CyberPower PC related ever again, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Ordered a computer totaling around $1000. After about 2 1/2 weeks of delays it finally got here. Everything looked fine at first until I plugged it up and turned on the monitor. Pink and white bars all across the screen. Turns out they shipped the computer with a graphics card that didn't work. Called them to ask them what was up and they said ship it back and they'll replace it. I said ok and asked how long it was going to take... about 1 1/2 or so weeks. Whatever right? No... not only would it take a while to ship when it should have been working anyway, but I had to pay for the shipping. So after all of this and the card comes and I get the thing working, and guess what? The heat sink doesn't work. I say screw it and I just have a fan blowing on my computer to keep it cool. So after a month from it was supposed to come and having to pay for shipping, the machine still doesn't work fully. Awful service 1/10.

I purchased a $2300.00 gaming desktop for my son's birthday. The computer came as ordered (I believe) with upgrades and specials. They did not wire drive bays or send windows disk... Ok not a big deal. During the building of the computer CyberPower PC did not completely fill the liquid cooler which caused the system to overheat and melt one of the hoses which, in turn, caused the fluid to leak out on my video card. When I called them they worked out the shipping and RMA #. After CyberPower PC having my computer for close to a month they finally sent it back (without UPS email for tracking) and all they did was change out the melted hose! Seriously! The heat damage alone called for a new cooler and possibly even a new CPU. The heat damage will undoubtedly shorten the life of my son's high end computer.

After calling again they told me to send an email to their dispute department and they will look into it. When I asked to speak with their supervisor or legal department I actually laughed when he told me my only recourse was to send emails to the guy sitting in the next room. Do not buy from CyberPower PC. Buy local or from a larger company. You will be throwing away your hard earned money! Now I get to start legal action in another state all because they want to scam to wrong guy. Very disappointed in myself for not researching CyberPower PC a little better.

I ordered a computer from their website on the 9th of July. Due to a delay in parts, it did not get made till August 10th. I called multiple times for a status update which they did give me. I bought the computer with PayPal credit and when time came to ship and pay for the system. Due to the delays, the payment was rejected by PayPal and they sent me an email saying that I would have to give them a credit card or wire transfer. I chose to pay with PayPal cause I could pay it off with payments since I don't have a credit card that high. They would not accept PayPal again and refused to cancel and reorder the computer with the same deal I was given.

I would have to cancel the order and resubmit an order online for a higher price and I wouldn't get the free stuff they had at the time of the sale. The Manager, Steve, was very rude and refused to help me in any way for something that was their fault. I was very understanding about the delays and I didn't even care. I got upset when he refused to help me. This company doesn't care about its customers.

Every part of my experience with CyberPower has been awful. Original purchase price $1506.00 USD. I purchased my pc three years ago. From the moment of purchase it would reboot at random. I shipped the pc back to them and they claimed they could not duplicate the issue and shipped it back, charging me shipping both ways. As soon as it came back to me and I plugged it in, the machine immediately rebooted at random. I have tested everything and replaced everything but the motherboard.

One of the four sticks of ram failed at the 1-year mark, so I sent it RMA under warranty and they sent me back a 5 in one card reader. I had to take a picture of the card reader in front of my pc showing the existing card reader before they would ship me out a new stick of ram. That second stick immediately failed one month later, which was exactly past the warranty end date and they refused to replace it. The power supply failed shortly thereafter and needed to be replaced. All of the original case fans have shorted out and needed to be replaced.

When I attempted to reinstall windows I found out they sent me a blank factory reset disc, and refused to replace it without paying the (at the time) 30 dollar fee. Their customer support staff were clueless and rude. Their sales support staff took two weeks longer than estimated to build my pc and another week longer to ship it. I have never received any support from my feedback and they seemed completely uninterested in my problems. Never, ever, buy CyberPower.

I purchased my first desktop from this company back in 2011. I spent roughly 1,600 and got many upgrades as part of a sale. A month or two in, there was a problem with the power supply. It started smoking and shut down. I had to pay to ship it back, but they reimbursed me when they discovered it was their fault and rushed it back to me. It worked great ever since. I play many online games and it has managed to handle high/ultra settings to this day! I have only had to replace a power source (5 years, it was failing) and just recently I had to upgrade the video card to handle more graphic intensive games. Over 5 years on one desktop is pretty amazing though. Great product.

I recently returned and just ordered a laptop for work. I called and got a bid on a DELL from DELL that was 1800+. I checked out CyberPower PC and got a laptop almost twice as powerful in every aspect for 1500. I paid for the rush processing and shipping since it was for work and still ended up $250 under Dell's offer. The laptop is stupid fast and works great so far. It seems some people are having a problem with orders and shipping. Just call and talk to them, they are great at customer service. They called me the day after the order and let me know they had a part on back-order. They offered to upgrade the part for free!

For many years I have built many PCs from scratch for myself and my clients, spec'd down to the component. My girlfriend bought this as a special surprise birthday present about 3 years ago. I was surprised! 8 core AMD 4GHz 16GB ram water-cooled USB3! First impression... damn was it loud. It has so many fans I'm surprised it doesn't fly. First failure occurred 6 month in with the video card: MSI Nvidia GeForce GT 630 4GB PCIE. I pulled it out and generated an RMA but decided to buy a 780gtx to replace it from another vendor. Then the top USB/USB3/SATA/Audio external connector bracket broke free of its attachment. The plastic screw housing broke. Never could get the USB3 ports to work. I never had any USB3 devices so I never worried about it. Then both fans for the Masscool hard drive heat sink failed. And finally the water pump looks like it died as water is not moving and the CPU shuts off after a couple seconds.

For a sealed system the water sure looks dirty. I pulled all the covers off and cleaned all the dust out. Found a dead case fan. Also all the fans are two wire so they are all on full blast when you power the system on which explains the fan noise even though the motherboard supports fan control and speed. Turns out the USB3 cable (2 ports) from the top panel is the wrong type for this motherboard. The two ports are molded together on the cable and the motherboard has separate USB3 plugins. So they just tie wrapped the cable end behind the panel. Found 11 fans of various sizes not counting the power supply fan all plugged into Molex connectors. Very poor build in my opinion. I am in the process of pulling out the water cooling system and decide how to bring this beast back to life.

Simply put, a company that doesn't warrant their products or services or quickly tries to find a way out of them is as much warning as you need. If they themselves, cannot stand by their products and service, who will? Not me. Ex. You order a $1400 computer. You get an order confirmation and are billed. The expected ship date is three weeks later. Around 25 days later you get an email update on the order status, saying it has passed warehouse. So you decide to call and cancel, naturally because the possibility of receiving a defective product exists and you would already be out of their refund policy before it even arrived. You find out, rudely, that it's not their problem you waited until almost a month later to cancel and you will have to pay shipping cost.

Long story short, I eat $$$ shipping cost, no PC, violating customer service experience, and apparently they'd be happy to see me in court. They have no problem with that. My opinion: If you're lucky enough to have received a working product from this shake 'n bake company, I HOPE you don't have any issues with tech support or customer support, because based on my short-lived, yet awful experience, you won't be a happy camper.

I purchased 2 very nice systems from this company. I had a problem right away with one computer and had to pay myself to mail it back to them which cost about $175. Then later after calling in sooooo many times trying to resolve my Bluetooth issues with them regarding my Bluetooth Bose headset, they kept telling me that it was a Bose problem and Bose told me it was a Bluetooth problem. I have documented calls regarding the issue calling back and forth to each company. Then when we finally figure out that the problem is in fact the wifi Bluetooth card they tell me, "Sorry the computer is out of warranty!!!" Even though I did call them and started the conversations with them well before the warranty expired. Won't buy from them again!!! There is nothing like Costco customer service!!!

Very satisfied, exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to pick my PC part by part without paying too much extra. This company gave me a higher quality than the name brands (iBUYPOWER, Alienware, etc.) and assembled here in the United States. The quality of the PC I have received was well worth it and under budget. I would recommend them to anyone.

First, I read all the negative reviews here and understand your pain. I have ordered pre-built computer from several different companies over the past 25 years. I have had some bad experiences and some OK experiences but I don't think I have ever had an excellent experience. I expect to have issues. I needed a new computer to replace a 5 year old laptop that was overheating and throttling. Having been thoroughly aggravated, at times, with computers and customer service people, I considered building a computer geared exactly as I wanted. I am not a computer expert but am knowledgeable and handy and know my way around computers.

I went to PCPartPicker which is a great site and entered my configuration. Then I went to CyberPower and was able to mostly duplicate it. CyberPower, with mostly identical components, was about 10% cheaper than I could build it myself. So, I ordered from them. In addition, they also included several items, gaming keyboard and mouse, earphones, wireless adapter, and free shipping. That was nice but not enough to make me buy there but I accepted the freebies anyway. I did not have high expectations of these freebies but I found them to be functional. I am using the keyboard, mouse, and adapter.

I paid for the extra packing to protect the components. I had know if it was worth the $20 but I paid because I wanted my computer got here in one piece. When I received my computer, the box was beat to hell and the tape had failed. I was just lucky that there was no damage. Since I had to open the case anyway to remove the packing, I checked all the main connections to make sure they had not be jarred loose in shipping.

On the website, during ordering, there is a comment section where you can make requests. I had ordered an SSD and requested that they install it in the SSD slot included in the case. Instead, they installed it in the HDD slot. Not necessarily a biggie but since I was going to install an extra HDD myself, it kinda screwed things up but I managed. BTW, if you are ordering extra drives, the price charged by CyberPower is not great. I had to have them install OneDrive for the operating system but I purchased the other at a much better quality and price at Amazon.

Another complaint was the wiring. It was terrible. They did not even try to organize the wiring. Instead they just crammed it in. I had to reroute and organize the wires myself which took a couple of hours. I had never done this before and I'm sure it is much harder doing so after installation. You can opt to pay for "professional" wiring but I didn't. In hindsight, I am glad I didn't because I believe the wiring job would have only been marginally better. When buying these expensive computers, I believe customers should expect the wiring to be at least acceptable. Maybe they should just charge a little more and do it right to begin with.

On the positive side, everything worked and I was able to get up and running. After 3 months, everything seems fine and I use the computer daily. I would rate my experience purchasing from this company as acceptable. As to the cost, I did a lot of reading online forums. There were a lot of gearheads that swore building your own computer was cheaper. As hard as I tried, I could not get close. However, I found the posts to be very helpful and interesting. Be aware, there is a lot of puffing and discussion which computer/component/configuration is best and not a lot of verifiable facts. In reality, what's best is what works for you based upon your individual needs.

I do have some recommendations if you are going to order your computer here. First, in their preconfigured rigs they sometimes include some "standard components". You should research the manufacturer of any component where you are unsure of its quality. For instance, I upgraded both the power supply and liquid cooler to manufacturers with whom I was familiar and comfortable of the quality. Consider purchasing the additional packing, albeit expensive for what you get. I don't think they do a good job in protecting their computers for shipping. Research the cost of peripherals. You may find a better price elsewhere. Expect to have some issues. I hope you found this review helpful.

I expected it to work when I un-boxed it. This review may be biased because of that. Windows was not activated (that was fixed after several hours and a few calls to tech support). The gaming mouse they sent had NO software and multiple calls to tech support all revealed the same thing, either the game would recognize and use the buttons designed for the game, or I would need to purchase a 3rd party program.

The third party programs I can find support 5 buttons (the mouse they sent me has at least 9). The intelligence of this company (or the one they hired) is right on the keyboard box. The "s" and "d" keys are switched (but not on the keyboard). So either way, either they have no clue, or the people they hired have no clue. Either way, they approved the whole thing, and sent out what can only be described as "false advertising". The picture of the keyboard on the box (both front and back) doesn't match the keyboard they sent me. If a person from CyberPower PC is reading this, simply make a keyboard box with black background and your brand name in red or something. There is no need to put a picture of a keyboard (especially a wrong one) on the box.

I bought a desktop CyberPower PC 1TB 8GB. It had a lot of minor problems at the beginning and I even bought extended warranty. Customer service has been absolutely no help at all. Now the computer has totally quit. First stop sending a signal to the monitor and the fans started making all kinds of crazy noise. I have never in my life seen a computer manufacturers so poorly. If I can ever get this company to take responsibility my opinion will probably change. But as of right now I highly recommend you do not buy from this company.

Spent $1300 on a gaming computer, doesn't work immediately out of the box (continually crashes). I then spent $250 shipping it back to them, where they proceeded to inform me "nothing was wrong with it". I got it back (with the case destroyed from shipping it), it didn't work just as I told them. Games continually crash. The warranty has now expired because I was too busy to get around to fixing it until about a year after that. Of course customer service cannot help out in any way. So I have now spent $1550 on a completely useless computer. Do yourself a favor and buy a computer from ANY place beyond this. I have never had a worse experience with any company ever. I'll be checking in on them every few years, hopefully they go out of business soon.

I apologize in advance for my poor English as I am not fluent. But here is my horror story with Cyberpower PC. I hope nobody have to go through what I went through with them... I purchased a gaming laptop 2 years ago. (I think it was a Fangbook III.) After receiving it I had to ship it back to tech support because of overheating issues. The computer froze after 2-3 minute of gaming. It took almost 3 month before I got the computer back! When I got it back, the computer had the exact same problem so I had to ship it again... took another 3 month to get the computer back again!

Since I bought the computer 6 month sooner and never could use it because it spent 6 month being ''fixed'' and shipped. I asked their customer service to extend the warranty because I only had 6 more month of warranty and still haven't used the computer... And I was told they could not do that because they honored the warranty. I ran a benchmark test to see how the computer was doing because it stopped overheating... Apparently the performance was dropped significantly which may explain why it stopped overheating. I never could run a decent game because of performance issues. So my guess is the laptop never got fixed but underclocked.

Also DVD was not working... But I needed a computer and didn't want to spent another 3 month waiting for them to maybe fix my computer so I just gave up and accepted the fact that I paid 2000$ for a computer that worked about as good as my 8 years old 400$ HP laptop. So last week 2 keys fell off during transportation. I asked them if it was possible to get replacement ones. I do not mind paying as I know I have no more warranty. So here is their answer: ''Unfortunately I cannot assist you with getting replacement keys because your warranty with us is already expired. You can try to find other sources to get the key replaced.'' And they give me a link to a Chinese only website.

So here it is: 2000$ for a gaming laptop that cannot play game or read DVD. Managed to use if for the first time 6 month after I purchased it and now I have to learn Chinese to have replacement part. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen and the worst 2000$ I have ever spent... So my advice is: DO NOT BUY FROM CYBERPOWER PC.

I have purchased 3 desktop gaming computers and my sons have purchased 3 gaming desktops from CyberPower PC in the period between 2009 and 2016. I know of no other computer company that offers as wide a selection of components to customize a build. Some build better gaming computers but at a higher price. If don't have a good background in building PCs go with a standard build or build one online and seek help from a local computer expert friend. Either that or do a LOT of research on the internet.

No matter how you build it will work, they will contact you if there is a problem with something but you may be doing something stupid or wasteful if you are not fluent in a field that changes rapidly. Pay close attention for the free items as you order. You have to select them in order to actually get them. Also some free items are for the purchase of certain components. I have had good results with customer service but you need to be proactive. Check the status of your order every couple days and email or call them if they miss a ship date. That does happen a fair amount of the time so be patient. I have called and emailed Tech Support a few times and have had good results. When my son's computer had a failure when he was 18 years old during the warranty period, I made him handle the whole thing so he could gain experience. He had no problem getting the defective component replaced.

I see a whole lot of complaints here and I assume they are all valid but CyberPower must build a huge number of computers and I see very few good reviews. So as a counter balance I decided to post this one. I have had no issues with CyberPower and plan on a new build soon. Call me a fanboy if you must but I am just relaying my own honest experience with them. I plan on a new rig in the next month or so. I am waiting for the GTX 1070 as an interim card until the new high end 1080 Pascal/Polaris cards settle a bit and the prices drop. The 1070 is supposed be very powerful yet cheap. Then after things settle I will buy my "power" card.

I priced out completely building a new build by buying the components using Newegg and Amazon and I came out to within $75 of the price from CyberPower. I assume that reflects their bulk buying power for the components. If you do buy a system from them and have a problem I have one tip. When you communicate with them do not be angry, be firm but calm. That will get you the best response. I have learned that hard way from my own dumb experience with other companies. Also threatening them does not help much either. Be firm, calm and persistent. Know the warranty policy before you buy. Use a credit card and get ahold of them immediately if you have a problem. Your credit card company is your best friend in a case where you have a problem.

One other tip is you can configure the exact same rig from them using different starter builds and end up with pricing up to $200 difference. A Gamer Infinity XLC vs a Mega Special that is EXACTLY the same can have different prices. So be prepared to try a number of online build to arrive at the cheapest price. Watch for the 5% deal offered regularly or deals on the specific component you want.

I'm going to start off by saying I'm not a computer newbie nor a computer scientist but I consider myself handy with computers. I searched through countless sites to build or buy the perfect gaming laptop for myself (ibuypower, origin, xoticpc, newegg, etc.) and none of those sites matched Cyberpower's pricing when it comes to laptops.

I bought the Fangbook 4 at 2400 dollars, with three 'free' extras, 16 gb ram, gtx 980, 6820hk, 2 M.2 500GB SSD, Gsync IPS monitor 1080.... Long story short: came in at 600-900 less than competitor's pricing. I loved this computer but the problems started since first turned it on. The laptop would not recognize my headphones. Reinstalled sound card drivers and it was good to go. A week later the audio hardware fails, windows can't recognize any speakers or headphones. 3 windows re-installations after, including formatting, including messing with CP settings, problem was not fixed. Tech support was not much help since they recommended things I'd already tried.

I was told to call into the warranty department because it's a hardware issue. They said I'd ship the computer back and it'd take 7-14 (most likely 14) days to repair it and that would be past my refund date if the issue reoccurred. I told them I'd be better off buying another unit and waiting 14 days. I asked for an extension on the refund period, they rejected. I decided to return the laptop despite how much I loved it. I don't see the point in owning a $2400 computer which could break down within a week and to have careless customer service to deal with.

We ordered a pc from cyberpower pc. We waited over 3 weeks and still had no computer, so we contacted them directly and were told that they had phoned us and told us they wouldn't be able to ship it due to them thinking we were fraudulent because of the location their computer told them we were. We had received no phone calls and no emails from them about the matter, so we then proceeded to refund our money and purchase a new one from them thinking that this was just a little misunderstanding and that we would be able to have a good business experience with them after sorting out that matter.

The next pc arrived after the 2 weeks and we proceeded to plug everything in. We couldn't turn it on. We contacted their tech support via phone and told them what problems we were having. They then told us what we could do to fix our problem, we did what they said and the pc then went on to make a loud popping noise and started to smoke. We told them this and they said they would take it back and fix it for us. They told us they would pay for shipping there and back and sent us an email with instructions with the shipping details. The next day we contacted them and told them we would rather get a refund and they could take the computer back that blew up on us because we were unsatisfied with their business so far and would like to buy a computer elsewhere. They then told us that they would no longer pay for shipping and we wouldn't get our full refund and had to pay for everything.

This was unacceptable. We told the man that we understand it's not specifically his fault as he only answers the phones but we were getting frustrated that we couldn't get the product we paid for twice. We told them that they said they would pay for shipping originally and they continued to deny that, telling us that the only thing they could do was take the computer back after we pay the fees to send everything back to them and that they would then give us a partial refund as they were going to take some of the money. We told them no, they were not going to take the money, we want our refund, they can take the broken computer they sent us and give us back the money we gave them. This went on for 20 minutes before we asked to speak to a supervisor.

The man on the phone told us that we were not going to speak to a supervisor and that we could speak to someone else instead and proceeded to put us on hold. We ended up finding a number for their supervisors and were put on hold for an hour and 15 minutes, so we hung up. All we wanted was our full refund like they told us we could get if there was problems so that we could take our business elsewhere, but now we are stuck pursuing the matter, trying to get our money back and dealing with rude people over the phone. Horrible customer service, inexperienced tech support, faulty products. We will never do business with them again.

I went to CyberPower PC directly and will regret doing so for the rest of my life. I purchased a gaming pc with accessories totalling a little over 2K. I had just passed the 30 day return policy and it crashed. I took it to my local service guy who validated that it was a defective motherboard. I had a choice of returning it minus 15% according to their 45 day return policy or give them a chance to repair it under the warranty I had purchased. I paid $172 for packaging and shipping to send it to them. Two weeks later, I get it back and guess what? Motherboard crashed again.

I called to complain and they shut me down and said I had to correspond via email. In response to my email, they denied any refund. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles County. I looked up their complaint history and even though they are still getting a decent grade, the majority of the complaints is product quality. I have that plus the privilege of working with people who just don't care about the quality of their work and definitely do not care how much money you have invested. Go somewhere else. I used to go to Dell and their customer service was supreme! I only switch because their computers were recommended and supposedly better than Dell. Now I am out 2K, have a worthless machine and have to work with people who do not give a **.

I bought an expensive computer from CyberPower and when I bought another hard drive, I found that all the hard drive caddies that came with the case were taken by the tech who worked on my computer.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.
  • Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.
  • Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.
  • Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.
  • Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.
  • Best for CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Compare Computer Brands