Baldwin Park, CA

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.51/5

CyberPowerPC Shop on Amazon

CyberPowerPC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Overall buying from CyberpowerPC.com was a positive experience. The overall wait time for my computer was slightly over a month and that was from ordering on November 29 2020. It took longer then average because of the holidays plus my build had an RTX 3080 which was in very short supply. The build quality was very good, and the computer ran perfectly out of the box and looked awesome. I played roulette by ordering it with a random 3080 video card, but was pleasantly surprised to get it with an EVGA XC3 Ultra. I felt pricing was very fair as well. Also my out of pocket total was $2250 after discounts and the computer included a RTX 2080, I9 10900kf, 32 gigs of ram plus everything else, the price seemed pretty on par with what it would cost just buying the parts and building it myself.

The two negatives about my buying experience were both with the shipping. The first issue was with the extra I paid for secure packaging which in previous online computer purchases included a air-foam cushion around the video card plus an inch of packing foam around the entire inner box of the computer. I only got the foam in the case around the video card, and during shipping the box was not hard enough that it went in several inches into the box, but luckily it was on the side with the keyboards and motherboard box which absorbed the impact. Had it been on any other side it was probably deep enough to actually go into the tower and break the tempered glass panel on the computer case.

The other issue wasn't really Cyberpowers' fault, but with UPS who was used to ship it. In the shipping instructions it said specifically signature upon delivery since it is a $2200+ computer, but it was just dumped at my front door in the rain, so had I not been home when it was dropped off, it could have easily been stolen or damaged from all the rain.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

This is such an amazing Gaming PC, especially for first time PC gamers, once it finally got here that is. It was very easy to set up with no hassles at all, just take out all the packaging on the inside and check to see if there are any loose or unplugged wires and start it up! All the specs and the details were pretty much exactly what I paid, no issues at all there. I just wish that the PC had a minimum of 16GB RAM instead of one tiny 8GB, that being said I did have to upgrade to 2 more 8GB RAM to have a total of 24GB RAM (I don't know whether it be best to take out the 8BG RAM it came with and just use my 2 new ones or if it's fine) and I also did put that thermometer inside it so that I can physically see the temperature inside the desktop case (It might have been practical and looks odd but who knows I sure as don't but I thought it was a good idea at the time).

With that in mind I bought it on December 5th 2020 on amazon.ca with a monitor, which said it had 2 day shipping and they did manage to package it up quick but then the next day after the order it said to expect delays. It wasn't till about December 15th that it finally said that the monitor that I ordered had finally moved from the shipping depo and the next day it arrived in a destination 3 hours away from me. I had no updates on the actual PC itself but after that I didn't see much updates until around December 21st when it said that the monitor that was 3 hours away from me is on its way to its destination but once again no further updates to when it's gonna come in until December 29th 2020 my monitor has final along with the PC.

I know it has nothing to do with the company CyberPowerPC but the mailing company and the fact amazon would associate themselves with such terrible mailing company, Canada Post, as I did order something else around the same time from Eastern Europe which came to me faster that that, only 10 days from it being preordered and 4 days from it being mailed directly to my house, compared to having be picked up at the post office.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I bought a new gaming computer for myself for Christmas from CyberPower PC. It's my third computer from the company (second PC, and a laptop), all three custom-configured to my liking and competitively priced. Their website made it a breeze to customize a new computer, and their prices are quite reasonable! My new computer came in just a couple weeks later. It was a big box, sign-on-delivery (which is a good thing in this era of porch-piracy), and the computer within was well-packaged, complete with a neat custom-molded foam thing inside the case. I took to my new PC like a kid on Christmas morning...only for it to immediately fail. Do I even need to say that I was disappointed? Virtually heartbroken!

I understand that these things happen. I'm not perfect either. But I don't think CyberPower PC did anything wrong here. Sometimes you get a bad component. If I had custom-built my own PC, I'd be stuck trying to diagnose and fix it myself. I don't expect that problems never happen, but I do expect a company to make it right. So I contacted their technical support, tried a few basic things to diagnose the problem, and ultimately got an RMA. Tech support staff was helpful and professional. It took a while to ship and ship back but that's to be expected shipping it cross-country at Christmastime. More importantly, they sent me a shipping label in a timely fashion, it would've cost a lot to ship back and forth if I had to do that myself. In due time my computer got fixed, the bad PSU (which, again, is absolutely not the builder's fault!) replaced, shipped back, and now I'm typing this review on it.

This computer was a fantastic value. Sure I had to go through a return and repair, but when there was a problem they made it right. That's more important to me. A good gaming computer can cost thousands of dollars, it's worth going with a company that doesn't give you the run-around if there's a problem. I'm glad I bought from them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I've had my PC from Cyberpower for about a month now and I can't think of a single con to post about it! My goal using Cyberpower was to get a powerful, VR ready, upgrade friendly gaming pc that could compete with the next console generation without paying a huge markup and Cyberpower has checked all those boxes! You are paying a premium price but I can confidently say you are getting a great investment that will smoothly play nearly any game for years to come.

All of that being said the customer service experience relies entirely on your own knowledge of PC parts. You will not get any suggestions from the sales reps if you are inexperienced with PC's in general or aren't exactly sure what you're looking for. You MUST do your homework and have some idea of what you want because the sheer number of build options may make your eyes glaze over if you're not familiar with PC components. But if you are familiar with these things then you'll have more options then you know what to do with and the prices are almost always fair and in line with places like PCPartPicker.

The interface for designing your custom build and swapping parts in and out with a running total of your bill is actually pretty intuitive. But again you must know about the parts themselves. You might save some money building a equivalent PC yourself but if you don't know how, or, like me, live hours from any physical store that sells these things or provides help with them then this is a great option for someone wanting a powerful custom build that has room to be upgraded in the future and a solid warranty.

As far as payment support, Cyberpower was able to resolve a billing issue I had almost immediately and the system itself shipped almost five days sooner than I was quoted. From date of payment to receiving my system only took about nine days which was fantastic. It was packaged pretty securely but this might vary based on the shape of your system case. I've seen systems with thumb screws on the sides can have shipping issues but mine was mint.

The internal component wrapping (which cost extra, boo) was well done and no parts were loose after unboxing and the tempered glass window had protective film on both sides. The techs also provided plastic plugs for the open ports on the graphics card to aid shipping which was a nice touch and I still use to keep out dust from unused ports. The system needed a drivers update out of the box but after that it was ready to play and is limited only by my internet speed! Cyberpower also included a WiFi shark fin antenna you can place on top of your tower that's extremely handy.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase. When you're spending north of $1000 it can be difficult to pull the trigger when there are so many options and better components coming out all the time but such is the nature of PC gaming. It might take a little work on your part but Cyberpower will put you on a solid expandable PC gaming foundation for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

This is my second machine ordered from Cyberpower. My first was incrementally upgraded by me from 2006 until 2011 when the only component left was the HDD and the case. That said, even those components lasted me until this year. My new machine is rock solid with an impressive attention to detail for cable management and cooling solution mounting. When the case I originally requested was sold out, Bobby ** reached out to inform me and provided me a number of options. I was able to choose from a number of commercial off the shelf cases that weren't even listed on their site for my chosen build (Ryzen 9 Configurator) and the machine was built and to my doorstep in 5 business days.

The packaging was excellent, and I opted for the protective foam to prevent my GPU from allowing gravity to take over. The performance of the machine has been staggering thus far, and only limited by the inefficient spaghetti code present in many titles today. As with all PC's, upgrades and expansion is always a goal. With the components I chose, and Cyberpower's attention to detail, a swap to an Ampere card and more RAM will be a no effort endeavor.

Lastly is price, after a 5% off coupon, my machine cost a total of 20 dollars to build compared to if I had bought the parts from Newegg and built it myself. Unparalleled value. Addendum: You get what you pay for, if you choose generic components, you will get generic component reliability and performance. I reference my previous build from 2006 because the higher end (at the time) HDD I chose still works as we speak...14 years later. Buy once, Cyberpower will build it right.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

So far the best inversion I have done. Great computer. Good graphics. Easy to set up. This is a great pc for new gamers. It looks great the LEDs. It doesn't do a lot of noise. Overall is great. I recommended!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Being a PC enthusiast is incredibly difficult during the COVID crisis. Trying to get a major PC part like a CPU or GPU is either prohibitively expensive or impossible. I was happy with the GTX 1070 in my 8 year old system. When it died in late 2020, I was completely boned. I've always been the DIY type, and was set on building my own PC at a decent price even if I had to stalk websites and wake up early. After multiple cancelled graphics cards orders, I came to the conclusion that this was nigh impossible.

Luckily I had a very old rig, I was planning on slowly updating it. This is where PC boutiques like CyberPowerPC are essential during this time. Because they buy in bulk and lower than MSRP (and get first pick), they are able to sell entire systems with multiple OOS parts for a very low price. Nowhere during this pandemic would I be able to get what I got, both a 3060Ti and a 5600X at the price I got them at and through CyberPowerPC. I was able to get both along with an entire PC. I've looked at the whole PC, booted it up, benchmarked, and everything looks great. 5 Stars, a super deal, and I got it within 1 day of purchasing!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

My daughter purchased a laptop for me with increased RAM and improved wireless internet. I like the backlight on the keys and it holds the wireless internet very well. The laptop is the GEFORCE RTX, AMD Radeon Graphics 4000 series.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Set up was easy* and it runs great! Don't listen to your friends who say you have to build your own PC, there is nothing wrong with a prebuilt and you can upgrade it down the line with more RAM or a better graphics card. *Only complaint would be that there is no instructions on how to remove the glass, (Pull left, then up.)

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I ordered during the Cyber-Rush, so I had to wait a while for my PC, but is was worth it. Intel i9 10900K, 32GB 3200 T-Force RGB RAM, Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 3080 w/10 GB DDR-6 and a 1TB M.2 SSD drive. I recommend upgrading the fans and cooler to keep things running cool.

CyberPowerPC author review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team