1.67/5

Baldwin Park, CA

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

346 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

First off I had an easy time picking out the parts for my pc to be built by CyberPowerPC. All the options on their site were easy to see and very simple to compare different parts when customizing the system. I ordered the system in July and it took a bit longer than expected to arrive (it was ok, wasn’t in a huge rush). Plugged everything in and nothing. Pc wouldn’t boot, no lights, fans etc. sent an RMA request and they covered the shipping back and to my house again. Again took a while (longer than expected) with very little communication about what was wrong with the pc and what they fixed. The pc showed up one day and everything worked. Fast forward to this week (Jan 14, 2019) and the PC was working fine until I came back from the pool to find a blank screen and no fans, lights etc.

Did some troubleshooting and found a bad PSU. No biggie they go bad. Now when I opened up the case (the PSU is covered by plastic pieces to hide the PSU and hard drives). I found that instead of my nice upgraded PSU, there was some POS Chinese knockoff power supply in there. Now I get that parts are not always available and substitutions could be made but... I paid for a certain brand of PSU with a certain rating because I wanted a reliable machine for years. So I send an email stating the part failed and it was definitely not the part I paid extra for. And their response was “we cannot offer you and RMA because it’s past the one year let’s warranty”. Which is odd because the part I ordered (and paid extra to get) had a 5 year warranty. This cheap knockoff doesn’t have a warranty apparently and now I’m stuck with the bill for a new PSU.

I own and operate a business and would never screw my customer out of money by selling them on a good brand and then installing a cheap knockoff. It’s bad business and horrible customer service. I never thought I would have to double check a $2200.00 pc build to make sure what I paid for was actually in there. If you’re looking to buy a premade PC, look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I am absolutely flabbergasted that this place has good reviews after how awful my experiences with them have been. Here's what Happened: Ordered a computer mid November. Past promised date, so I email them. They tell me they haven't started it, but it would be here by Xmas. OK. It's not an Xmas gift, but good for them I guess. It shows up on 12/23. It doesn't work. I submit a help request on 12/23. No response. I discover they shipped me different things than I ordered. My invoice is literally different than what's on my build sheet. I submit a second help request. No response. I email them for help. No Response.

After waiting another month - now two months after my order 56- I'm running out of options. I try to connect to their live help. I wait 40 minutes, getting a message that says "All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 2 minutes and 54 seconds. Thank you for your patience". Yes, it said 2 minutes and 54 seconds until 45 minutes later when I gave up.

I'm about to call my credit card company to refute the almost 2 grand I spent on this computer. I have a friend come over who looked at it. Good news! He fixed the problem. They installed cables to the wrong headers on the motherboard... Supposedly they claim they "test" them, but how do you install the cables to the wrong motherboard headers and then "test" it working? Decide to only call my credit card company about the items they didn't provide that I paid for, and not the whole computer.

I'm not complaining about one experience, I'm complaining about: 1 missed order delivery, 1 failure to provide what I bought, 1 Failure to put together the computer correctly, 1 Failure to test the computer before delivering it, 1 charging me for things I didn't buy, 5 failed to respond to support requests. Do not under any circumstance give them your business!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased this product for my son, the 3rd computer I bought from this company over the years. I also bought him the LoJack for Laptop program but he had problems installing it and contacted that company. They found that the problem was the serial number for the laptop was not registering so he could install it and advised to contact the maker which is CyberPowerPC. I explained the problem right off the bat and after going back and forth in e-mails, they advised they could not provide assistance on the installation of 3rd party software. Really? It was that program not finding the serial number in the Bios that's causing the problem and yet they refused to help. Needless to say there won't be a 4th purchase from them in the future!

Dear Joseph,

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience. We can try to provide what we possibly can, however, helping install any 3rd party software is something we can not help with. mainly due to we are not well versed in the software anyone is possibly trying to install.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Bought the PC. BSoD repeatedly right out of the box. Returned and same thing. Called support and reloaded windows and drivers... Same thing. Never buying another one of their terrible poor quality products again. This company is a joke.

Dear Bradley,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you still have the Pc please do not hesitate to get in touch with our support agents as we would like to help with addressing the BSOD. We can help with troubleshooting the issue to pinpoint the cause or bring in the PC so we can take care of it our selves.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have had my computer since March and it barely worked. After a few weeks, I started getting BSOD. They kept happening more and more, several times a day. So I decided to send it in for repairs, which was ridiculously expensive. They claimed they fixed the memory, fine. Then a few weeks later, BSOD daily. I contacted customer service and they said it was probably my memory. Which they should have just replaced. I then didn't hear back from customer support for 3 weeks. In that time my computer stopped working. Then when I did hear back they weren't helpful at all. I eventually called support since I wouldn't get email replies and guy was SO RUDE to me. I have never dealt with anyone in support that rude. I still don't have a working computer. I am so done with this company and will make sure I let everyone know to never buy from them.

Dear Jaime,

We appreciate you reaching out to us - we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly as we would like to take a deeper look in to this matter.

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Purchased an expensive gaming computer. When it finally arrived, would not turn on. Had to ship it back. 3-4 weeks later I received the computer back. It turned on, but had new damage from shipping. The system kept crashing and determined it was a problem with a memory chip. Sent the chip back and they refused to send me a new one saying there was no serial number on the chip. Well sorry, that is the way you sold it to me. Sent several e-mails to a dispute department and never heard anything back. I just received the defective memory chip back. Worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. They spoke to me like I was annoying them. I honestly would say to doublethink and triple think before you buy from them. It is not worth the potential problems. Buy locally if you can.

Dear Michael,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately we cant replace the ram stick if it is missing the sticker containing the serial numbers. We are unable to verify whether or not the item is ours or tampered with. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This item was ordered on November 27, 2018 and was received on December 24, 2018, despite the projected ship date of December 15. The keyboard was not included, wifi and microphone do not work. We have contacted the company five times without success in remedying the issues. Only one of the five agents we have spoken with have been helpful and respectful. The computer cost almost $2,000 and the quality and service are worth about $50.

Dear Kelley,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your inconvenience. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly if you need assistance with receiving the keyboard as well with the WiFi and audio jacks.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased my CyberPower machine from Best Buy. Soon after I got it, there were issues with it. After a month or so it refused to see the HDMI port. I hooked a DMS monitor up to it, and it worked for a while like that. I just made the assumption that I needed to update drivers or something along those lines, and was too busy to mess with it at the time. Then it failed completely, when you turned it on it would not post, but the power would stay on and the fan would run. The only way to turn it off was to unplug it. I sent it in at that time, as it was now an expensive brick. When I communicated with the customer service reps I explained I am a computer programmer and was certain it was a motherboard failure. After paying 100 in shipping and handling I got it back. It worked again. I assumed they had replaced the motherboard.

After a few months it began to exhibit the same behavior. I walked through troubleshooting with a tech on the phone, she had me re-seat the RAM and check for anything amiss. I also discovered during this phone call that they had not replaced the motherboard before, they had merely updated the BIOS. I could have done that without paying the 100 dollars shipping to have it done. I popped the BIOS battery and put it back in. It started to work again. When I went to send it in they told me it was a day past warranty. After going over it with the tech 2 they finally took it back and this time they paid for shipping. I got it back and it worked. They told me they didn't replace the motherboard, there was a bad stick of RAM. I was suspicious, but there was little I could do about it. That was in October. Now it has failed again. Pulling the BIOS battery and putting it back in doesn't fix the issue this time as the motherboard has finally given up the ghost.

I called to try to send it in again, and was told several times in a script that it was past warranty so there was nothing they could do about it. Now we are in December and it has failed again. My issue is this, every time it was sent in they did the bare minimum, "see if this works". They never addressed the main issue, as to why the RAM failed, why the HDMI failed, and eventually why the motherboard failed. They continued to do the bare minimum to make it function, call it good and send it back. Since this is the original issue, that has existed since I bought the machine, then I would say that my warranty was not honored.

Dear Craig,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. When it comes to servicing the Pc, we address the situation until we are then unable to recreate the issue. However, once that issue is unable to be recreated we continue to test the Pc until nothing else is found which is then shipped.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Spent $3851.3 on a PC from CyberPowerPC just because they had the card that I wanted. Spent money on the extra warranty they offered. Bought it as a gift for someone else for Christmas. PC came and looked great. They proudly claim they check all the parts being used and test the PC before sending it out. Turns out they never bother with QA/QC. I wouldn't have had to write this lengthy review if they had. The card they sent me was shot. I had to disassemble the whole thing to figure out what was wrong. It beats the whole purpose of buying a PC from them. Asked for a replacement I was told they don't have it and won't have it for a while. I couldn't wait and bought the same card from BestBuy. Opened an RMA ticket to send the damaged card and get my refund.

It turns out they won't refund me the money I spent at BestBuy, which I did because of them. I asked if I could know how much the refund would be before I bought the card from BestBuy, I still don't have that answer. On top of that, they made me pay another $59.26 for me to return the card to them. I was told the warranty I bought did nothing.

Had to call repeatedly and was told I was pretty much on my own and they won't take responsibility for any of their own mistakes. Every time I was told I couldn't talk to a manager. If I had problems send an email to dispute. I did send an email to dispute. No response. I shipped the card and I am waiting on my refund however much they decide to provide me. Be aware. Don't fall for any of their gimmicks. Don't buy a PC from these people.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience or confusion that may have happened. From looking in to your file we have indeed provided a refund for the original video card. We simply cant provide a price is due to the item not being a fixed price item due to possible sales which fluctuate the item. So this may result in provided inaccurate information. The warranty you purchased on covers service and replacements it does not cover refunds.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I bought a CyberPower PC back in 2014, for ~1500. Yes, they are cheaper than their counterparts, but let me tell you how I regret now going with them back then. Several things led me to put this review. Let's start from beginning. I ordered 4 fans, but they installed only 3 and sent me one separately in the shipping package. Upon calling them, the assembler told me he couldn't 'fit' it in the case. Well, why was I not informed while he was assembling it? I don't know, maybe they wanted to cash that extra $20; also fan brand is generic CyberPower brand, which make too much noise even after paying them extra to put those anti-vibration mounts. Moreover, they are so cheap, you actually have to buy a tier for a safe shipment.

So I bought in paying them extra $30 so my product arrives intact. Yet, the bottom-left leg of my PC came broken, and broken till this day because that genius assembler put the power supply where the socket fits. When I told the technician about it (who was complete jerk), he said he couldn't do anything about it. 2 year in, my power supply failed which they say "match all other major brand". The brand they had put in is Azza (heard of it, no? Me either). Got that replaced. Now 4 years in, other hardware start to fail. There are constant computer lock-ups/freeze, and it's not the software, since I have tested with whole other operating system with new computer accessories. So I have learned my lesson. I am having hard time re-sell this PC. I will never, ever, buy from this site again. They do run a very cheap business, with jerk employees.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out - we are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. The anti vibration mounts simply help with noise a rattling fan would make not the movement of the fan its self. We can help address any broken parts as well, simply give us a call or email me personally.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I purchased a CyberPowerPC for video editing. I had it customized to my requirements (Ryzen 2700x (overclocked which has it running at over 4.0ghz), 32gb RAM, liquid cooling, full-size case). It arrived in perfect shape and booted immediately with Windows 10 Pro that I had them install. It is amazingly fast and allows me to do things my previous computer could not such as viewing video clips with multiple effects on them as I edited them. It is much faster in working with warp stabilizer as well. I would have given it 5 stars except that I discovered that only half of my RAM was working.

I called them and the first agent simply said two sticks were probably not seated right. He did not seem overly interested in helping me. I checked and they were all seated properly. I called again and got a different agent who asked me to check the individual sticks, which I was able to do. Once I determined that two of them were bad, this agent gave me an RMA number and I have returned them for exchange. I will update this once I get the new RAM. Overall I am very pleased with the computer because it is fast and amazingly quiet. One note, when you buy directly from CyberPower make sure to get the additional warranty because it requires them to pay postage if you have to send in the computer for repair. It is cheap and might be worth it. I would recommend these computers from my experience.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I bought a $1000 gaming PC off of CyberPowerPC and ended up having to get 3 different ones. The first PC I got from CyberPowerPC would not turn on properly. The second PC I got crashed every time I started it up. The 3rd PC is the one I'm using right now, but it's still pretty bad. It randomly drops frames and crashes at random times. My computer lags even when I do simple things like minimizing or closing an app. I would not prefer buying computers from this brand unless you buy a very expensive one.

Dear Michael,

Thanks fore reaching out - we are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. It is very concerning to hear of the issues you experience. We would like to hear more and do what we can to help. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our support agents or us directly.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have had 3 different gaming PC's from CyberPowerPC in the last 13-14 years. Never had problem with them breaking down. I ran them to their limit and bought a new about every 5 years to upgrade everything, but maybe I was just lucky.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My item arrived on time, and that was great. Got a good deal on the PC. Rating 1 out of 5 for several things: 1). RGB Ram covers had come loose in shipment (or possibly before?). One was somehow pinned behind my fan (digging into the motherboard, lovely) and the other was freely bouncing around the case (possibly causing damage during shipping). 2) Ordered a SSD/HDD combo drive. Booted up my PC to find only the SSD active. After some troubleshooting, I found that my HDD was never hooked up (at all). No effort was made by CyberPower staff to plug in the cords needed to run the HDD. 2a) Upon inspection, the HDD was never properly mounted in my cases at all. Not only was it not hooked up, but it had clearly been jostling about during shipment. The screws needed to secure the HDD to the pullout HDD tray are nowhere to be found.

3) Some cords included with my PC appear to already have damage to them, most notably at the connectors. It appears that either CyberPower staff damaged them on installation and still shipped them out, or they’re reusing old parts/cords. Example: I first noticed that when going to plug in my HDD (again, the one that never was by CyberPower), the connector has its plastic head damaged in a manner which doesn’t allow the cord to latch properly to the HDD. Happy to provide pics with proof.

4) Many, MANY Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. I lost count at 9, all for different reasons. Updated all drivers. Checked for incompatibilities. Every BSOD that comes up, I log, then spend 20-60 minutes on Google finding out how to fix THAT particular BSOD. (Luckily, there have been no repeat offenders.) Side note: Bought my last PC from CyberPower (a long, long while back) and it had a ton of issues with it. Multiple case fans arrived cracked. One stopped working within a week. CPU fan gave out within a few months. It would freeze (not BSOD) randomly, with no provocation. Wires, then too, had not been properly plugged in properly. Cherry on top: Once had a week and a half of booting up to BIOS error codes, different every time.

Final thoughts: After the hassle of my first PC, I was sure I got the odd PC out of the bunch, the one with all of the issues. I took them in stride, unhappy about it, but whatever. But now, with these issues with my new PC, I don’t know that I’ll get my next computer from CyberPower. Twice now, I’ve been let down by the quality of the product I’ve been provided. As it stands, I will not recommend CyberPower to a friend, and I don’t know if I’ll be returning as a customer in the future.

Dear Samuel,

We're truly sorry to hear that you had an issue with this build. We always recommend contacting us as soon as an problems are experienced with one of our systems; as we can usually resolve the issue over the phone with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have two computers from CyberPC; one laptop, one desktop. Over the course of a couple of years each one of them have had a major issue, here they are: Laptop: The graphics card went out, and the keyboard stopped working. I called CyberPC several times and was met with one great tech support guy, the other was a complete jerk. The jerk placed me on hold immediately and was rude the entire time. He offered me no solutions to the technical problems. You could tell he was burdened by having to remotely do his job. Desktop: The power source went out and had to be replaced. The video card shuts down periodically when playing videos. I sent Cyberpower a few emails, not a one was ever answered.

Here's what you need to know before you buy: (a) Because the computers are 'custom' you will not easily find a repair shop to fix anything, (b) Anything that goes wrong you will be required to mail in the computer and pay for each shipment, (c) Technical support is a hassle, (d) They are not worth the money. I will never purchase a computer from CyberPC again. Don't read the reviews of the recently purchased computers and think you're getting a good deal, it's what happens down the road that defines a company. They do not stand behind their products or workmanship. Stay away.

Dear Thomas,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you still need assistance with the PC please let us know; we're always happy to help. However I do want to clear up something, regarding the PCs, while they are custom they are not proprietary. They use industry standard parts from the worlds leading computer brands, so replacements and repairs are entirely possible if wish to be done on their own.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Purchased my PC from Staples one of their retail service provided. Within 1st week of use we started receiving an error for watch dog violation, we bypassed it few times as the PC worked after for few hours. This went on for couple more weeks. Finally one day after about 4 weeks we got the error and couldn’t bypass it. Called the customer care and they gave us bunch of instructions to follow, it went on for few days and nothing worked. They asked us to send the computer for fixing however they do not have a service centre in Canada. Top of that they do not cover the shipping charges to send the computer to California

We sent it however and after almost 2 months and number of calls we received our PC today and my son was super excited to finally get his computer back but guess what? We plug it in and we get the same damn error which tells us there has nothing been done. I call them back and they tell me they have no record of the PC being sent, it was a hard drive. How ridiculous is this? We have the shipment tracking showing the PC being sent, received there and ever time I have called they have told me the progress on tests being carried out. I get the PC back too with UPS tracking showing 35 lbs package which cannot be a hard drive

This has completely thrown me out of believing any more **.

I was told nothing can be done except sending the PC back. Really? Send it back for what? Keep repeating this ** and paying for shipping and waiting for computer that we have spend $1100 for nothing. It is nothing but a piece of garbage. I will fight and want refund for this along with compensation of everything we have been thru. Only advise to all is do not buy CyberpowerPC ever.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please feel free to email us directly as we would to look in to this matter.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had purchased the above gaming laptop from CyberPowerPC in late 2017 after saving for it for a while ($2700 price tag). Worked great until 10 months in, then wouldn't power on. Paid $200 to send it to the company for diagnostics, and they "fixed it" and sent it back. Received it and went to use it and it powered up but nothing on the screen.

Called the tech line and after trying things at home it was determined that my screen was out and that I would have to send it in to have the LCD replaced; they paid to have it shipped this time. They received it 2 days after I sent it in, and 12 days later I sent an email requesting an update and was told to call immediately because my screen had a crack in it. I called and was told that the LCD had an internal crack and that is why it wasn't working and that I would have to pay for a new LCD due to user damage - keep in mind it wasn't working when I got it back from the first time and they had it 12 days before they contacted me.

I called and spoke with Danny ** who informed me of all this - I asked to speak to his manager and he told me he didn't have anyone higher than him. We went back and forth with him hanging up on me 3 times! Finally he said he was going to get quotes for a new LCD and would let me know what it would be; I stressed on him that this was NOT due to user error and that CyberPowerPC would have to cover the cost. I am still waiting on a reply...

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out - we are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Please email us directly if you are still working on this matter with Danny, we would like to take a deeper look in to this case.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

As someone else mentioned, the sales support at CyberPowerPC is horrendous. If you can avoid, I would avoid at all cost! I also interacted with Willis who was the sales manager for my order. The case I wanted was backlogged, so got a notice asking me if I wanted to wait or choose a different color. The email said they had NO ETA for the case I ordered, so I called and asked if they had any idea of an estimate of the wait I could expect so I can make my decision. The response after talking to Willis was, "no ETA means no ETA, what more do you want?!" All he had to say was, "Sorry but because the manufacturer didn't provide us with the ETA when the orders will come in, so we can't give out that information."

That's not all, I also asked for a slight modification to my order. A very minor change. After my request, Willis told me my request was confirmed/approved. I then asked if I can get a confirmation (written), Willis tells me, "I told you it was confirmed." Then I clarify that I was asking for some type of written confirmation if possible. He tells me "I told you your request was confirmed" and something along the lines of "What more do you want" or "We don't do written confirmations." Literally, the worst sales rep/support I have ever experienced. Avoid at all cost!!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out - we are sorry to hear of your experience. It is very concerning to us so we will take a look in to this matter. We hope the Pc at this time was received well, if you have any issues then please email us directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Today I call CyberPowerPC, I tried to talk to the HR or customer service dep. for a horrible treatment from one of your employees. He is the manager (Willis **), he cancels my order without my request 2k$. Lost the special. Willis is representing the company and he can cancel and denied service to anyone he doesn't like. Tried to talk with someone else he said he was the boss, the conversation wasn't recorded so he can do whatever he wants and treat you and do what he pleases with your order. Apparently, they can refuse and cancel anyone's order.

Please be advised that this company doesn't care whatsoever about customer satisfaction and even worst they let their manager put their ego first (I did not insult him nor was aggressive to him). I call to complain, instead of saying there is nothing we can do... he cancels my order and hangs up the phone. I chose CyberPowerPC over their competitor on Black Friday, Willis cancels my order and now I have to pay 700$+ to buy the same PC. Call to complain about a misunderstanding. Nobody cared. Thank CyberPowerPC for making me choose you to then cancel my order without my permission and make me lost my time, money and the chance to buy my dream PC on special.

Dear Gerardo,

Thanks for reaching out - we are sorry to hear of your experience. We will take a deeper look in to this matter. We aim to offer excellent customer service and be as helpful as we possibly can. unfortunately what you describe is concerning so thank yo for letting us know.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I felt I should review CyberPowerPC. When I was reading reviews it had me worried until my product came. I read reviews after ordering and while waiting for shipping. My experience was total opposite of what I've read. They were fast to respond to emails, they were nice and courteous. PC was built in 4 days and shipped. Shipping took a week CA to NY. PC came well boxed, I didn't order any extra but the packing foam in the case.

GPU is an MSI Duke 1070ti, runs nice, so far no issues. Water cooled CPU AIO system, no issues as of yet and arrived no leaks. They woulda got 5 stars but they didn't hook up the DVD ROM. Not a biggie. Two seconds to hook up the data cable, and the keyboard they sent that I paid for with promotional 5$, was DOA. I don't wanna go and hassle for a new one and I had a spare one. That one was filmy and bent in when I pushed a key. Anyways, I didn't like it. So far it's running great. I usually build my own PCs but wanted to finance this all at once and on a specific credit card through the military exchange, so my options were limited.

Hindsight I wish I would have upgraded to a better water cooler and case fans. Not that I am having any performance issues with it now, but for two reasons, one I feel it's cheap, and considering its job, I'd felt more comfortable with a bigger and maybe a better brand. Time will tell... And second it's not appealing to the eye. Being a glass side case, and having well hidden cables, two black tubes sorta in the center, are ugly. The case fans that came with case are just okay, I'd like better airflow from them, will add more to the top, But that's about it. I'm happy with my purchase and happy with CyberPowerPC. Only part I cannot review is RMA or Warranty claims and sorry. I hope I never have to.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If your PC works it's great. If not then they suck. Customer service clearly under staffed and slow. Bought a PC that was meant to have Chrome and Firefox installed. These weren't installed and they never even turned PC on to see if it worked. Which it didn't. Froze constantly couldn't even have FB open without it breaking every time I had a notification. Even blue screen more than once. They agreed to send a new card. Which was delayed and only knew because I called. When it did arrive it made no difference. Called again. Said they'd send a USB to reinstall the windows they didn't check. Failed to send. Sent again still more delays. This is on top of the hours it took to actually get through to "customer" service. Finally insisted on a refund... depending if they actually keep their promise and actually refund as soon as they receive the PC I may increase the rating.

Dear Lila,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. However, we do not preinstall software in to the Pc or have USBs containing the OS. All copies of Windows are provided in a disk. I also want to make it clear, we test each Pc before shipping out the computers, we record and monitor so if we do catch any issue we identify it and resolve it. Let us know if you wish to receive information. Feel free to contact our RMA department for any status on your refund.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

So I've been building my own computers since, hmmm, I'd say around 1992 or so. Pretty much had a Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 if you know what that means. At this point in my life, I didn't feel like building something from scratch anymore, and besides, I have the dough, so why not. I compared CyberPowerPC with the usual boutique gaming computer builders, Falcon, Alienware, Digital Storm etc, and realized that most of them were overpriced. I know what components cost, and I knew I'd be paying a huge premium for a "name brand" computer. Worse, a lot of the boutique builders had really limited selection in terms of components, cases, etc. Not CyberPowerPC, it's like being a fat kid in a candy store on their website (for computer geeks). So picked out the components, I9 9900k, RTX 2080ti blah blah blah, 32 GB DDR 4 ram, 970 pro M2 SSD... Ok at the end it came out to 4000 dollars.

Now I paid extra for the "ultra enhanced packing solution" thing, where they actually inflate foam in the chassis with all the components in place before they double pack it in boxes and send it out. It was quite weird to see in person, but hey, it worked. I've driven cross country with my computers laying down and had stuff jarred loose, so imagine when you have a bunch of UPS guys drop kicking your computer across the warehouse "this is gonna be one pissed off geek boys!!!" (Just kidding, they don't do that:-)). At any rate, computers, especially with the heavier components (modern video cards), gigantic CPU heatsinks, custom made liquid cooling systems, are just asking to be damaged during transit. Not CyberPower's fault, it's out of their hands as soon as it leaves their business.

I was also aware that BECAUSE I had ordered some pretty high end stuff that haven't even come out yet, or were in high demand, that there was going to be some delay or back orders involved. There was, but not more than a week. Well, after I placed my order, decided to look them up and came across this website. GULP. What have I done? Yeah I sweat a few bullets after reading report after report of problems, but hey, people take the time to write these reviews when they're pissed, not when everything has gone fine. They're too busy playing games. I did spend the extra $19 dollars for free shipping during the warranty period (A year). I mean c'mon, shipping at your expense is $50 to $150 and you won't spend $19 bucks?

Ok bottom line, got my computer, works fine right off the bat, benchmarks on User Bench was UFO which is the highest rating in all benches. I'm pretty damn happy with my purchase, have no complaints whatsoever, and I'm relieved that I didn't experience what some of the people on here have. I have to say though, a lot of these reviews are kind of nit picky. If you bought a prebuilt computer from Amazon or BestBuy, work with those guys first. What exactly do you expect from a pre built off the shelf computer? High end parts?

If you buy liquid cooling, and it leaks, well, yeah that happens, which is why I don't do it. Even the self contained cooling systems leak at times. When you have one custom made... Well good luck. Fluid and electrical components don't usually mix, why risk it? Some people claim they bought their sub $1000 dollar "gaming computer" and aren't happy. C'mon, that's not a gaming computer, my video card alone is worth more.

Anyone who is buying one of these machines better know how to work on computers. Why? Because things go wrong all the time, parts fail, connections get loose, cards get unseated, fans don't work. I know I know... "I paid this much money and it damn well better work!" I agree, however, that's life, and you can either learn how to check things out yourself and fix it in a day, or you can send it back and expect a two month wait for it to return, if not more.

Building my own rigs, I've dealt with bad motherboards, ram, video cards, sound cards, hard drives, and power supplies. Things sometimes don't work right off the bat. That's why I always have extra parts in my home. I have six computers (4 of them gaming), all handmade by me, that way if something goes down, I can try replacing suspected bad parts, get the computer working again, until I can get a newer replacement part. Having spare parts makes it quite easy to identify what the failing part is.

Last thing, CyberPower PC had 60 million in sales last year. If the average computer was 2000 dollars, that's about 30,000 computers they sold in one year. There are about 300 complaints here. That's 1 percent of the computers they built. This probably won't be a popular review... But ah well, I thought they did a good job and didn't want to help "yelp" them into oblivion.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I typically build my own systems. Last Black Friday I was looking to build a Threadripper rig and ran through CyberPower’s custom builds. With the sales I was able to build the system, for $1680 after shipping which if you know anything about computers it was impossible to buy the parts to do that on the open market that cheap. I pulled the trigger. The system was very cleanly built and arrived safely. It was double boxed in a very heavy duty box. Due to the holidays I was in contact with them about projected ship dates and they responded promptly.

I did not order professional wiring because I figured I could rewire it myself if needed. Their wiring was done nicely. I ordered with a cheap PSU intending to upgrade. They used a quality unit. I deleted the case fans because I had some, they included one Raidmax for free. The only issues I had are the liquid cooling fans died. They sent new ones within a week and the video card started artifacting and they sent a new one within a week, both were painless exchanges. Otherwise they built a clean system and I’ve been using it daily since without issue.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I tried to make a 1.5k dollar purchase of their "Gamer Infinity 8000" build but even CyberPower didn't know what to give me... In the forum I made an attempt to get help with my purchase, but the best "advice" I got was in broken English and completely useless. As many of the other results say, CyberPower's support is not the best. Just do Ctrl+F and type "deeply" and you'll see all of CyberPower's "support" summed up.

I'm so tired of: "Dear INSERTNAMEHERE, We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We can have the PC brought in for service so we can check and address any issue it is having running Fortnite. Tech support: (888)937-5582 - CyberpowerPC Support". It's 2018, You shouldn't have to call a support number and wait on hold. Invest in online support that works.

Dear Ethan,

Please feel free to email us directly, we would like to know more about this matter. Based off your comment it appears there was an issue placing the order or completing the order. Again feel free to email us at your earliest convenience.

Customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

So, anyone who reads these reviews should take note that CyberPower didn't even respond back to my last reply on here lol. That was in August! Do not fall for the fake reviews on their site!!! You want true information? It's here and other places as well. These dudes are a joke. If they truly gave a **, they would take care of small issues and reply back to these reviews which, as you can clearly see, they never did. I'm not surprised one bit, but I just want others to read this so they do not have to go through all the crap I've had and STILL are currently dealing with regarding a 3k rig I bought. Shady, sketch company with HORRIBLE customer service. BEWARE!!!

I know a lot of people who bought from these scammers and they all had issues with theirs too. So it's definitely not a rare occurrence with this company. Really sad to see companies that are this greedy and careless. I have prevented countless people from purchasing from CyberPower and I will not stop putting the word out. These guys don't deserve to be in business and I will be sure to let the world know to stay away since they clearly have proven they do not give a ** about you once they got your money. I can prove all of this information as well. I'm not making as my of this up! STAY AWAY!!!

Once you pay them, you can prepare yourself for a world of issues and bad customer service. My PC isn't even a year old and I've had problems since day one. They say they offer lifetime tech support yet anytime you call them they try to get rid of you as fast as possible and send you a email of steps to try which never work. A reputable company would stay in the phone with a customer who is having technical issues, and make sure everything is resolved before hanging up. Do not expect any of that from these dudes.

They will also tell you if you do ship your PC to them, that they use used and refurbished parts to repair warranty claims. PLUS, they say any part they take out is their property and they will keep it and most likely use it in someone else's PC from what I've seen so far. Their entire business model is set up to scam people out of money and to make them as much profit by any means necessary. I really wish I did more research on CyberPower before dropping 3 stacks! 1 star is giving them too much credit but that is as low as I can go on the reviews unfortunately.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We reply to all reviews here, we are sorry if our response did not appear on your comment. If a PC were to arrive or encounter any issue we offer our warranty service to ensure the issue is addressed. Regarding refurbished items, there is a time and place when this is done. That is generally due to the need to replace an item that can not be acquire new from the manufacturer; all this can be found publicly on our site.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I initially placed my order that totaled $3k on August 29, 2018 where I pre-ordered the new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6. I was told my credit card charge didn't go through because of the billing and shipping address not matching. I both gave them a scan of my ID with my billing address to prove it was me and called my bank. The card was run again and again failed. Turns out, Leo (my CSR) entered the wrong numbers so I had to call him and give him the correct numbers. He said the order would not be actually placed until the card was available which would be around 9/20. 9/20 came and went. No charge was made and no communication from CyberPower. I contacted Leo asking for an update. Only then did he actually charge the card and "start" the order. There was a shipping date of 10/12.

On 10/9 I was notified via email that the order was put on hold due to the CPU I chose being on back order - there would be a slight delay. On 10/11 I got another email saying the order needs to be canceled because the CPU is no longer available and there is no similar upgrade or replacement. I was supposed to cancel and start all over. Needless to say I was shocked. I asked for more details... Why is this part not available? It was available when I ordered it. Would I go to the back of the line if I canceled and started all over (The video card is now on back order everywhere), would I lose all my perks when I ordered? Is there a reason something couldn't be replaced and my card charged the difference? I got the response explaining that the CPU was pushed back since early September. They only now got confirmation of discontinuation (however I can see other stores still offer it).

None of my other questions/concerns were answered. I then responded that I am shocked how a company would treat an order where they have the money IN HAND and all they need to do is contact me and let me know my options for moving forward. If they were unwilling to work with me any further, then I asked them to cancel the order. Today, 10/17/2018, I got an email from Leo telling me my order is canceled. Wow, just wow. So nearly two months later I am back to square one. Stay away from this place. Their communication is absolutely abhorrent and they quite frankly don't deserve your business.

Dear Mark,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Do keep in mind, when acquiring the parts to build the system it is possible during that process items can enter back ordered status. We understand you have opted to to cancel your order. We do wish you the best of luck on your PC purchasing venture.

Tech support:

(888)937-5582

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I finally plunged into the deep end and custom configured my Dream PC with CyberPowerPC. My system was a Hyper Liquid Alloy Pro with a RTX 2080 Ti, 32gb of DDR3 3200 RAM, Raid0 2x HDD, Raid0 2x SSD, Raid0 M.2 and I selected the 30% Overclocking option. The Good: The Order Configuration web application is fantastic (and fun!). The Support I received from their Sales and Configuration Team before and during the fulfillment process was excellent. Leo ** was highly communicative and helped with an order modification and a parts replacement issue in a very timely manner. The water cooling alloy tubes are tight, sturdy, and show no sign of possible leakage. The cabling of the install was very good and as orderly as it could have been.

A lot of parts were crammed into a full ATX case and it was clear that a great deal of care went into how/where wires should be run through. Packaging was excellent. Not a single part or cable fell out of place on a cross-country shipment. Raid0 configurations on all of the HDD/SSDs were set correctly. Everything purchased and used for the rig setup was included in the final shipment. Even the CPU cooling paste!

The Not so Good: I specifically ordered and confirmed GPU water cooling on the EVGA RTX 2018 TI XC Ultra and it was not installed. The Asus Maximus Code Motherboard was running a BIOS that was three versions behind the current version and a year out of date. I paid extra for the Ultimate Overclock configuration and it was not applied. I managed to set up the +30% OC settings on the Bios and GPUs respectively. I installed the EVGA Precision XOC and added the 30% MHz OC to the card myself. After I updated the Motherboard firmware, I overclocked the Intel 8086k LE using the ASUS ROG OC Profile and disabled the CPU Fan Warning Monitor that halted the startup process.

The Nit-picky: The Water Cooling Alloy Tubing was cut and set at angles that are visually uneven. The position and I/O for the reservoir didn’t make it easy to create clean tubing lines, but the line from the reservoir to the CPU block had nothing to prevent the tubing from being parallel to the ground. The Reservoir Tank was not completely filled to the top. However, I am guessing that this is due to allowing clearance room for atmospheric pressure changes during shipment.

Thankfully, I am fairly experienced in PC building and could overcome most of the shortcomings on my own. As a suggestion to the good folks at CyberPower, I would consider better documentation on how a configured system was overclocked if the customer pays extra for that service. Not many people are comfortable or knowledgeable on BIOS settings (or what a BIOS is). A step-by-step guide is required, but a bulleted list of configurations applied should suffice to make a customer feel like they got what they paid extra for without fully inundating them in esoterica.

Overall, I am very happy with the order and would still refer people to buy Gaming PC rigs from CyberPower. The Good column outweighs the Bad column in all of the most important ways. The system is beautiful and the frame rate on all of my favorite simulators is silky smooth. I would caution those who have more detailed customizations to communicate directly with the Builder team to ensure that all of your parts and requests are met.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased a customized PC along with Windows 10 from CyberPowerPC in 2017. I just recently upgraded my motherboard on the PC and found out that the same Windows 10 is no longer valid. I contacted CyberPowerPC and was told that when I purchased the Windows 10 from them, it was only good for that motherboard and that any major hardware upgrades I did would render the Windows 10 useless. So be careful when purchasing a system from CyberPowerPC with Windows 10 because it is only good until you do an upgrade and then you will have to purchase Windows again.

Dear George,

We are deeply sorry for the confusion. As long as the motherboard is not to old it can support the installment of Windows 10, however, the Key should be digital and that is tied to the motherboard we provided. The warranty does not cover the lose of the license through upgrades. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance.

Tech support:

(888)937-5582

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Recently purchased a computer from CyberPower. When the computer arrives 3 weeks later, after plugging it in find out that the DVD drive won't eject. So figure maybe just a button issue and try it via the operating system. No luck there either. So we remove the cover. Come to find out the DVD drive they installed isn't even hooked up. No power and no data. Should be an easy fix as every drive comes with a cable and they send you the product boxes and manuals so should be with them. No cable found. Tried to call them on a Monday and support was backed up so long I couldn't hold that long while at work, reading the reviews here now I know why.

So I tried again on Tuesday and was able to get in touch with someone over the phone. He apologizes for the problem and assures me the problem can get taken care of right away. He would just need me to send him a picture of the drive in the case. Lucky me I just happened to take one so he sends me a blank email to which I reply with the picture. An hour later I get a reply saying thanks.

Several days later I don't have a cable yet, and don't have any notification about the shipping of the cable. So again I contact support. This time by the web chat. After it telling me my expected wait time was only going to be 11 seconds for over 15 minutes I finally get connected to a support technician. They proceed to tell me that it takes 3 days to process orders. I tell him this isn't an order it's a screw up for their mistake.

I was lead to believe it would be shipped out right away. He tells me that their ticketing system doesn't allow them to do that. I ask to speak to a manager then. He tells me that he can't transfer me to a manager. I ask if I call in can I talk to a manager. He tells me no. The only way to talk to anyone higher up would be to contact dispute@cyberpowerpc.com. To which I sent an email that afternoon. Still have yet to hear anything back from them. Finally got a shipping number for what I hope is the right cable being shipped out. It gets here Thursday so lets hope there are no other issues after I plug it in. I already had to adjust how it was mounted in the case so it would work with the case as it was getting hung up.

I had seen the reviews before but the other laptop and desktop I ordered from them came in with no problems or issues other than I can't buy a new battery for the laptop from them and nobody else makes one. So I ordered again. When it comes to this place don't expect quality service and definitely don't expect customer service skills at all. You'd have more luck with customer service from the U.S. Congress it's that bad.

Hello Kirk,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your experience. I would like to take a deeper look in to this matter so if you may can you email me directly with any information about your Pc.

Customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought my gaming PC about a week before it arrived, arrived on time and I don't usually write reviews but like others due to the large quantity of bad reviews I feel I should tell people. The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is due to one issue I had, one of my fans that should have been attached to the roof had came off during delivery and I managed to fix it myself but support were not very helpful, they insisted my case had a clip when it did not. Overall though I am very happy with the PC and it was more the design of the fan itself, this PC is far better than my previous and CyberPowerPC was far cheaper than the alternatives that I looked at, a few things could be improved, mainly with support, but overall it was worth it. I also found their PC customising page very easy to use, unlike other sites.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs