1.55/5
Based on 94 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Baldwin Park, CA

302 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Purchased a $1200 gaming pc for my son for Christmas. It went out 2 months later. I contacted CyberPower and they told me to send it back. It had a year’s warranty. By the time they received it they sent an email with pictures and said it was damaged. I contacted CyberPower and they said it was nothing they can do. They refuse to fix or replace it. They are very nasty when you try to talk to them! I will be contacting a lawyer! Please do not buy from them! Their products are not worth the money!

Dear Nikki,

We are sorry to hear of the confusion. While we are offering warranty, the PC arrived to our facility physically broken. As stated in our warranty policy, it does not cover damages cause from shipping. We have offered to address the issue so we can then proceed with the warranty service. If you have further questions please do no hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

$4400 PC build and I paid extra for "pro-wiring" and "rush building". Not so pro, when they sent me the PC with liquid coolant leaking all over the computer. Sent it back, and they sent it back leaking cooling fluid all over again. By that time, my son's birthday had passed 3 weeks by and I just wanted a refund. I then had to pay an additional $150 to ship it back to them, then they deducted almost $700 from my return in their "fees that are not refundable". A complete joke of a company. If you can't build and ship the PC without it leaking all over, don't offer it on the website...and especially don't offer a non-refundable "rush build" if you can't build and pack the PC correctly. Pro wiring...lol. I really hope this helps others. Such a bummer for my son who waited over a month and a half for a PC that CYBERPOWERPC couldn't build.

Dear Christopher,

Rush build is a service to have the PC moved to the front of the queue to get sent out within a certain time. If ordering an open loop customer water cooler then we do what we can to ensure it arrives safely. Unfortunately once it ships it is out of our hands on how UPS handles the package during transit. We understand it arrived in a way it was not intended so we offer our services to get in addressed.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a custom computer back in February (it arrived 6 weeks later) and have had issues from the start. First of all I paid for several "extras" that I normally wouldn't: overclocking the GPU, extra cable management, and cable sleeves. The cable management was terrible, they had to damage the case by bending it just to get it to close - so why did I pay an extra $20 for better cable management? The first GPU I purchased was not overclocked and then quit after 3 days so I contacted tech support - they said send it back and they will fix both. So I sent it back. Took a MONTH to get the computer back and the cable management was not fixed. The GPU was replaced with a completely different GPU that looks terrible and throws the entire "look" of the rig off not only that but...it's STILL not overclocked and that was $40.

I call them...their response? Cable management is a service, not a product, so no refund and they "did the best they could." If the GPU isn't overclocked I'll need to use several benchmarks and tests, take screenshots, and then call back and email those screenshots to them. No, they don't have any software I can use - I'll just have to download some from the internet. They said they could change the GPU to the same one I ordered...but I'd have to send it back and it would take another month OR remove the GPU, mail it to them, and once received they would mail me another which I could install myself. I really didn't want to go without my brand new $3,000 computer for another month and I wasn't comfortable installing a GPU at the time - but they refused to speed up at least the shipping portion which took a week each way.

I was pretty angry at this point and requested my money back to which they responded "You're outside of the 30 day money back time frame and outside of the 45 day money back with a restocking fee time frame but we will send a new side panel." I did receive a side panel that fit my case however it was more scratched up and damaged than the existing panel on the computer. Since then I spent 4 days working on the cable management and there was no need to bend the case or scratch anything in order to close it. I also changed fan placement and the radiator for the water cooler which dropped the temperatures by roughly 10 degrees Celsius.

I also learned how to take it apart and rebuild it myself so I NEVER have to go through this again. My advice? Go ahead and build your own rig from scratch - you'll spend less money, the same amount of time building it, and you'll have a quality computer from the start. It's not as hard as one would think, it will just take some extra time.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We do not overclock the GPU, we only offer services to over clock the CPU. If you do mean the CPU then Windows will only show the base clock, a 3rd party program is needed to check your CPU's overclocked speed. As for video cards we leave their clock speed to what the manufacturers set it to. Feel free to get in touch with us directly if you need have any concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My son wanted a cool and elite gaming computer. Called and spoke to Leo. Quick to suggest and take our three thousand dollars. We paid for three day shipping! He had earned a nice birthday gift. My son was so excited. After the monies were collected and payment to CyberPowerPC confirmed (they got their monies!) the call came that there was a huge delay. We decided to wait. Six weeks later the computer came in and doesn't work. Called customer service and they were unhelpful, rude, attitude like they didn't care and said mail it back and we will take a look. But first, they asked you know how to work on computers? We said for three thousand dollars why would we need to know how to fix computers it is custom built brand new and Expensive and it took six weeks to put together! They were eating, mumbling, and disinterested. Said mail it back and they would look at it.

Asked if someone local could look at it because I got the best warranty they offered $$$ but the customer service representative said curtly nope and that is the way it is and I have should have understood that any and all problems like the cooling system not working (brand new right out of the box six weeks waiting three thousand dollars) means mailing it back to them and he said it could take six weeks or longer, no really way of knowing, when I got frustrated with the whole disappointing arrival he hung up on me. Called back and complained and got hung up on again. Many calls and a few chuckles from the over the phone courage that awful companies love to do and no satisfaction. On hold for over a total of two hours with hang ups, dropped calls, and mumbles. I guess they delay the delivery to prevent you from blocking the pay from the credit card.

Now they won't return my calls, emails, and won't give me the information to return this non working poorly built three thousand dollar scam. I doubt I will get the refund and any service from them without filing a lawsuit and months and months of waiting if I get the refund after returning. I believe this is their game. We (all of us who have been ripped off by this company) should file a class action lawsuit and END THIS dishonest company.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to take a further look in to this matter. If you still need assistance then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly via email.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I recently ordered a computer from CyberPowerPC well they sent me the wrong MOBO. I was given an "ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero" which is the none WIFI version. I paid for the WIFI version. I have sent emails and called and left messages with their "customer support" and nothing no email and no call back about getting some kind of refund for sending me the wrong part.

Dear Zuly,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to this matter further, please feel free to email in to us directly with any information regarding your PC.

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

If I could give less than 1 star I would. I have purchased 5 PCs and one gaming laptop from CyberPower over the past 15 years or so and spent over $10,000 total with them and yet their tech support and customer service reps are condescending and care nothing about helping. My first PCs from them were fantastic, never had issues, only replaced due to age. However, the most recent purchases have been progressively worse and worse.

My most recent purchase from them was an approx. $1,200 rig. It worked for a couple of weeks after arriving before I began to get a series of different blue screen errors all related to memory loss. After doing my own troubleshooting and also going through everything again with their tech on the phone (unseating/reseating RAM, booting with one stick of RAM then the other etc...) the tech concluded that there was likely something wrong with the motherboard and requested I send the entire PC back to California from Tennessee at my personal expense. I did so, and when I received the PC back from them several weeks later the only thing their techs did was replace the RAM. So I spent almost $100 to ship an ENTIRE PC across the country just to have the RAM replaced. They could have much more cheaply and easily just had me send them my RAM and sent me replacement RAM.

PC works fine for a few days, then the monitor stops displaying. Checked the monitor and cables on another PC in the house, nothing wrong there. Now I'm calling into tech support and again going through all the troubleshooting (this time with a "level 2" tech). Pull the graphics card, plug the monitor into the MB. Still nothing on screen, troubleshoot blah blah and guess what? YEP. I have to ship the PC back to California AGAIN because surprise surprise, there may be an issue with the motherboard. Tech support insisted that I had to foot the bill AGAIN to pay for the PC to be shipped. I flat out refused, was bumped up to someone who actually treated me like human being and was understanding of my current frustration and emailed me a shipping label. For that, I do give them credit, though it took me arguing and cursing a lot at the first guy on the phone just to get to talk to someone who seemed to care.

Fast forward to today, I just got the PC back for the second time. I have booted it up twice and am now getting more blue screen errors, this time system configuration issues and am having to reinstall windows myself in the hopes that that fixes the issue. Spoke to tech support again tonight just to have my call on record, but knowing they were going to recommend the reinstall. Tonight's tech support guy told me that he didn't have time to wait for my computer to troubleshoot because he had to get to other customers. He also had the nerve to suggest that I send the PC back to them so that they could reinstall it for me.

Their service techs are all extremely rude and condescending and don't seem to care at all about your issues. I have spent so much money with this company and yet they clearly do not value me as a customer AT ALL. I absolutely will NEVER purchase another system from CyberPowerPC. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Dear Amanda,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to take a further look in to this matter. Please feel free to email in to us directly with any information regarding your Pc.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 31, 2018

MUST READ—— I recently wanted to get into computer gaming while using my computer for work and school. I was super nervous about building. So many little components so many things that could go wrong and we are talking a lot of money. A LOT OF MONEY. So I looked to CyberPowerPC for comfort good price for a built PC with some extras. Everything sounded good so I ordered. PC was built on time and shipped rather quickly.

I was out of town for first day of delivery so they would try again next day which I had off and was home. Driver pulls up and... no package in truck. Come to find out my package has been lost by UPS. I know right well this is shipping’s fault yes and no. It is for losing the package but what does CyberPowerPC do hmmmm. Do they try to find out what happen? Kinda, do they comfort you to make you feel certain you will get your product or refund? Absolutely not. Do they have a RMA guy named Donnie I believe tell me that if they don’t find it could be bad for me where we come after you for the parts. Oh yeah. I paid for them already.

From ordering my PC May 5 and to this day July 31st I finally received my refund. But how did you get one. I had to file a dispute with my bank to force them to give me my money because they kept running around saying they had to talk to UPS. I went to UPS and talked to the manager at the facility to find out and he states this was settled weeks ago. Really?! Gave me his personal cell and I call CyberPowerPC and give it to them. They call me and say they are processing refund. Almost 3 weeks later I call CyberPowerPC and they say they are still talking to there UPS rep. What a joke.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF - When it comes to building or buying. Please build it I got so sick of waiting for a refund and with school approaching I ordered all my parts on Amazon to build one. I was extremely worried about building one but didn’t want to go through the process again. So for you people wanting to game on PC DO NOT BUY.

I found this guy on YouTube and He made me so excited to build a PC. https://youtu.be/OZaFqY8UF6I. This is the video link to the step by step to build a PC. He has so many videos that helped me. Build it is fun and a great experience. I’m so happy with my result and my first ever build. AVOID CYBERPOWERPC. I had to buy two PCs to get one. Amazon pulls through 98% of the time with deliveries. I trust them with anything. If CyberPowerPC has to tell me to contact their customer service I will laugh. They have no idea what they are doing and by the looks of the reviews that’s the main problem driving the company down.

Dear Ken,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We understand you have gotten this resolved and probably wish to put it behind you. But i would like to take a deeper look in to this matter due to the mentioned time frame of this to be resolved. Again I understand you have moved on and built your own, so if you do not mind feel free to email me directly your order numner.

- CyberpowerPc Support

Original review: July 26, 2018

Do not buy a PC from these people. They are scam artists. Their PCs are junk and poorly put together. I spent $2700 on a rig and have had nothing but issues. Dealing with them is pointless. They are no help at all unless you are waiting to buy something. They refused to replace a warranty covered PSU and even made me pay shipping! They do not care about their customers and will steal your money. Save your time and money and buy from someone else!!! You will be glad you did. These guys are a joke!!!

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Our computers are equipped with 1-year manufacturer warranty and life-time technical support. If you are having an issue replacing the PSU there should be no problem making use of the warranty to get that component replaced. As for shipping, as stated on our warranty which can be publicly seen on our site does go over how the shipper does have to cover costs.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 26, 2018

I ordered a $700 “gaming pc” from CyberPowerPC from Best Buy because it was on sale and I was looking to get into pc gaming. The first month it worked fine and I had no issues with it. But I recently started getting many FPS drops and even when I would lower my graphics settings it wouldn’t help. So I decided to contact support and they basically told me that the AMD Radeon graphics card in my system wasn’t there and was integrated into CPU. So that means it’s a weaker version and the support guy said quote “it’s not good for gaming”. The support guy also cut me off because he said he other people to help.

On the site it says in the description that it’s a graphics card and only makes a tiny mention about it being integrated in the specs which doesn’t say that’s it worse or less powerful. So I basically spent $700 for a pc that can’t run games my Xbox can run perfectly fine. So I had have to spend $150 on a new graphics card because I was never given one. I don’t understand how people are supposed to get into pc gaming if they have to know every little detail about every part in order to not get ripped off.

Dear Jack,

We are deeply sorry to hear of any confusion. The PC is an entry level system, however, focused more on non-gaming needs. When we advertise a PC for sale we will list of each component in the build, for stuff with a APU is when you sometimes see a video card will not be listed. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call; we're always happy to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased a $3342 pre built PC from CyberPower and received a half ** slapped together pile of **. The GPU backplate wasn't even screwed in! The water block was hanging loose while this backplate bounced around the PC during shipping. The water loop had two kinks at arrival that were so bad that liquid could not be pumped through them! Two of the RAM sticks were not working and the radiator was BADLY damaged. I contacted the tech support and they told me I would have to send them the entire water loop before they would send me a new one that I had to install MYSELF and did not offer any compensation for my wasted time. I honestly can not warn you enough, PLEASE do not support this company in any way.

Dear Joshua,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you would like you are more than welcome to send in the entire Pc to us. We would be able to take a deeper look to what was damaged and help perform the replacement.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

The product I've purchased was listed on NewEgg. The title of the product was listed with this exact verbiage: CyberPowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Ultra 2239 AMD FX-Series FX-6300 (3.50 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD AMD Radeon RX 460 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit. First thing is first: I work in IT and have formerly built my gaming computers. I got sick of working on the hardware and troubleshooting my own problems so I decided to buy a pre-built so that it's no hassle, I don't have to work on my own stuff anymore, yay! (Wrong.)

Incident #1: When booting for the first time, Windows 10 was not activated, you have to use the Windows license stickered on the back to activate Windows. The license on the sticker was invalid, so I had to call support to get a valid license. Not a problem for me, I work in IT so I knew I just had to call back and have support give me a new license.

Incident #2: Less than 1 year of owning the machine, it starts to break. After using the computer for 1+ hours, the machine would make this horrid noise and the screen would freeze irrecoverably. After a reboot, the same thing happens. I have a clear window on my case so I looked in the computer and what do you know, the CPU fan isn't spinning. The computer was overheating. This time I decided to just fix the thing myself. It took me a couple hours because I suspected the PSU first and changed out the power supply. After that didn't help, I threw a spare CPU fan on that I luckily had hanging around, and boom, were back in business. I spent a couple hours troubleshooting that I didn't want to, but whatever, good thing I had a spare part laying around, right ! ?

Incident #3: So today, after pulling my head out of the computer for the 3rd time, and unsuccessfully splicing wires, using different power pins/plugs, I have implemented a oscillating fan next to my open computer case since ALL THREE of my case fans are busted. The CPU fan works still, but nonetheless, after having the computer on for around 1 hour the horrid noise comes back and takes it down. I don't want to spend more money on 3 new case fans and work on the computer AGAIN so my professional IT master setup now includes an oscillating fan instead of working case fans. Kill me.

This is a 'You get what you pay for' type of situation. I bought the thing for around $650 because the games I play don't require really great graphics card or anything, I just figured something mid range would be perfect. Don't waste your time folks, go with a name brand, and spend $800+ on a gaming computer. CyberPowerPC has produced a terrible product that breaks repeatedly and doesn't last long. A true waste of money.

Dear Jason,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We'd be happy to help get new fans out to you. Please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call for assistance.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The worst service I've ever dealt with. Apart from the pretty good help I received from the support guys. They sent me a PC that powered on once, then shut down on its own and never powered up again. Was found that PS needed to be replaced. They would send one out in 4-5 days. I asked that they rush it, they don't do that, I would have to pay for that then later dispute it. If I had owned the PC for a year or so, I could understand that, but to have it for 1 hour calling in for service in less than 24 hours of opening it and they make the customer pay for rushing it? After talking to the tech on Tuesday, he said it would be going out that day or Wednesday. I checked in on the status, it may go out today (Thursday) or (Friday).

CyberPowerPC response

We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience. the warranty only covers service and labor done to the PC. We are sorry if there was any confusion. If you need the tracking number then please give us a call and we will provide that to you.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Summation: I optimistically switched from Mac to PC, and I didn't experience problems with the CyberPowerPC computer until a month in where the computer would constantly freeze. Problems persisted even after a clean install of Windows 10 and driver/BIOS updates. Don't listen to anybody on the CyberPowerPC forums, they will advise you to change the power supply, doing this voids any warranty you might have. I switched to an Alienware R7, and it is vastly superior, not to mention similarly priced. Alienware also won't void your warranty if you choose to do base upgrades.

Full Review/Testimony: I bought A CyberPower PC from Best Buy, as it seemed to be a more powerful and reasonably priced alternative to the iMac that I had initially gone in to purchase. After asking the clerk a few questions about making the switch to PC (as I have been a long time Apple owner), I had been convinced that it would be a much better investment as the computer was upgrade-able and Apple products generally don't have that future-proofing luxury. I went through with the purchase thinking that I had walked away with a great deal for a computer with more than enough processing power for what I do (Audio Design, Game Development, and Music).

I had to wait about 3 weeks for the computer to arrive, which wasn't much of an issue because I didn't immediately need the machine. When I first un-boxed the machine everything seemed to be in order, until I saw an instruction booklet on how to set up the machine. The buyer needs to open the computer to see if all of the connections were seated correctly, just in case they were knocked loose during transport.

Upon removing one of the tempered glass panels of the computer (poorly designed I might add), one of the panels slipped out of my hands and fell approximately one inch from the hooks at the bottom of the machine that held the panel in place, the tempered glass pane had almost completely shattered. Luckily, I had yet to remove the plastic that the glass was wrapped in, and it kept the pane together. I hadn't even turned the machine on yet, and I was already having problems with its design.

I plugged the machine in, and it ran as smoothly as one would expect out of a computer with impressive specs. After the computer booted, I googled "CyberPowerPC reviews", and to my horror, I saw that the company had a cumulative review of 1 star from the top result aggregate review sites. Out of curiosity, I clicked on one of the sites and saw a barrage of negative reviews from people who had a terrible experience with their machines. I thought to myself that most people just go onto the internet to complain about things, and that it doesn't reflect a universal experience with a product. I had faith that my machine would have no problems, and that the reviews were just anomalies. I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.

The machine ran well, and handled every program that I could throw at it... for about a month. After that one month, I started experiencing computer crashing, freezes. No blue screen, just intermittent freezing. It didn't matter if I was running a program, the machine would freeze, even when idle. The problem got progressively worse as time went on. In the beginning it would freeze after about 20 minutes of using the machine. Eventually, it got to the point where the machine would freeze at the login screen. I tried letting the machine run after it froze to see if it would come back to life, but this wasn't successful. I went to the CyberPowerPC support forums to see if someone could help me, as I thought I had a problem that could be easily fixed. Upon googling the issue, I saw that many threads had already been made on the forums with the same scenario. None of them had a solution.

If I were to give any advice: **DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE ON THE FORUMS ABOUT CHANGING THE POWER SUPPLY** Doing this will immediately void your chances of returning the machine or getting an RMA. I did everything possible to try and fix the problem. I did a clean install of Windows 10, I updated every single driver on all of the components, I updated the BIOS, I monitored the temperatures, I ran a memtest, I ran an SFC, and just about every non-destructive method that one could think of.

None of these methods worked. Defeated, I went back to Best Buy and told them exactly what had happened. I had purchased the full coverage insurance and I was lucky enough to not have to deal with CyberPowerPC support (As I read they are a nightmare to deal with). In the end, I traded it in for an Alienware Aurora R7, and it is easily the best PC I have ever owned. Do yourself a favor, and listen to all of the negative reviews. Don't even risk having a terrible experience. CyberPowerPC computers are complete lemons.

CyberPowerPC response

We are sincerely sorry to hear of your experience. There does seem to be some confusion, replacing any part of your choice with one of your choice does not void the computer's warranty. The warranty will continue to be active, however, the new part you installed will not be covered under our warranty. We understand you have opted to replace the Pc.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased my CyberPower PC in 2013. This is my second PC from CyberPower. Both worked flawlessly. My current CyberPower system still plays just about every new game that has come out. I am ordering a laptop today. That is how confident I am in CyberPower.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2018

They seem to have great reviews on their site, they must of paid a company to give them those reviews because they don't live up to all those 5 stars from my experience. Ordered my PC on their main site on mid April. Got it shipped to me in 3 weeks which is fine. I don't want to rush them and hope it would have no issues. Was excited when I received on Mid May, but when I turn it on it periodically has some cracking noise, it won't let me put it on sleep mode, and I had to power down the PC twice to get it back on. I called the tech guy for support and did what he was asked when I went to the power supply option, etc. It didn't even take couple min, He got frustrated and said "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IS NOT WORKING?"

Very poor customer service. They seem to be on short staff because I got him couple times on the phone with heavy accent. He transferred me to someone known as the Tier 2 guys. This guy sound more professional and was being very patience with his troubleshoot. Tier 2 tech just tell me to send the PC back for them to take a look it which I did. They promise to put me on priority to fix those issues and said it could take 7-14 business days or even less because supposedly is on priority fix.

They Received my PC for repair on June 7, I start calling them after probably the 8 business days mark to see when it'll be fixed. Guess what. On the 15 business days... 15 on a supposedly priority fix to fix those 3 issues and all they said was the OS was corrupted. It took them 15 days to figure that out. Now is on June 28 they just started shipping back the supposedly PC fix back to me. Got it back on July 9 and guess what, the bottom part was smashed, The PC bottom stand was crooked, doesn't balance and the Power supplies seems to got smashed a bit. I didn't even turn the PC on at that point because it was poorly packaged and shipped.

I ask them for refund and to put cherry on the top. They said they don't pay for shipping if we ask for a refund and there would be a restocking fee? I paid $111 just to ship it back to them and I'm still waiting for the refund status at the moment. They'll just keep saying there's a 1 year warranty to fix it if there's problem with the PC but guess what, that usually takes 3 weeks from shipping back and forth hassle when I only got it for couple days is already at that state. That's very time consuming and you don't know if they'll actually fix it or the way they package their product was safe. I attach the Pic from before I got the PC and After the fix. I'M BASICALLY PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKES FOR SCREWING UP THE PC THAT I PAID ABOUT $2000 FOR! THAT'S ABSURD! I LOSING money and plus all the time wasted from mid April to late July! Stay away from CyberPowerPC!

Dear Tsz.

We are sincerely sorry to hear of your experience. As mentioned we are always happy to service the PC and address any concerns you have with it. However, with returning the PC for a refund there are services which are non-refundable.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Lazy, sloppy, complete lack of caring and Fraud. All of these describe my experience with CyberPower PC. There is actually a great chance that a class-action fraudulent case can be brought against CyberPower PC, the bases for this suit is charging for services (and possibility parts) that were never performed. I will discuss the class action suit at the end of my review, right now here is my story.

I paid CyberPower $3,400 to build a computer (2018). Within the first week after I picked it up I found 11 deficiencies in this computer build, all reflected a complete failure to build a valid & trusted computer system. This includes intentional Fraud, charging of services that were intentional done differently to deceive (the act of deceiving or misrepresentation).

What stood out is that these deficiencies were easy and basic installation items that were woefully done, and reflects a technician who doesn’t seem to care at all about the quality of the products CyberPower releases. I also came to the realization that the corporate working environment at CyberPower is most likely completely disorganized.

I took many pictures of the computer issues and put together a 12 page report. My report made it very clear there were services and parts never performed/provided. I submitted this report to the POC assigned to my build (Leo **), sales, technical support and Customer Care, and I requested for upper management to get in contact with me. I never heard back from anyone from the management level. Eventually someone from technical support contacted me indicating he would walk me through the issues where I would make the corrections (really… this is ridiculous).

I did return my computer and requested a full (100%) refund. After 10 days and I didn’t receive a refund I sent an email to POC assigned to my build, sales, technical support and Customer Care telling them if I don’t get a full refund I would file a complaint/suit in the CA courts alleging CyberPower of Fraud. I immediately received a response letting me know that a refund was currently being processed and will show up on my CC in a few days. Well, the refund was short $139. I again sent an email (to all at CyberPower) telling them if I don’t get a full refund that I will take this up in the CA courts as Fraud.

I was told "items on your order that are non-refundable: such as anti-vibration fan mounts, overclock service and professional cable wiring". Here is the rub... these are included in 11 deficiencies that were never performed or provided. This is why I came to the realization that the corporate working environment at CyberPower is most likely completely disorganized. Here I had reported several times to different departments that services and parts I paid for were not provided… but in the end CyberPower continued with trying to make me pay for them. I even told the person who was processing the refund that these services and parts were not performed (he had no idea as to what I was talking about), his response was he couldn’t do anything about the refund issue and I had to raise this issue with the Disputes Department (dispute@cyberpowerpc.com).

I emailed (include the 12 page report) the Disputes Department that they had 48 hours to provide a response stating I will receive a full (100%) refund or I will file a Fraud complaint/suit in the CA courts. They responded telling me that I did prove these services and parts were not done and therefore I would receive a full refund.

Here are the 11 deficiencies: (1) Plastic wrapping is still covering part of the motherboard. (2) Anti-Vibration Fan mounts I paid for were not installed. (3) I paid for Overclocking but instead the system was placed into Turbo Boost. (4) H100i v2 fans were incorrectly wired. (5) I purchased professional wiring… instead the wiring was a mess. (6) Seven of the eight radiator fan screws were not fully tightened therefore the fans easily moved around. (7) Corsair LINK could not control the H100i v2 Fan or Pump... this is because there was a conflict between the BIOS and Corsair LINK via the CPU_FAN header. The correct setup is to ‘set’ the BIOS so Corsair LINK runs properly.

(8) I did not receive CD(s) with the device drivers for installed hardware. (9) Computer chassis layout was different than shown on the CyberPower website.

(10) FAN LED control is not connected to the motherboard. (11) The rear SSD mounting brackets that came with the chassis purchase were missing in the takeaway package.

I don't trust people who do this kind of poor and lazy work. *** This is how I grade CyberPowerPC *** After a computer is assembled, CyberPower has two other quality control processes (referred to as ‘Quality Control’ & ‘Final Quality Control’). The obvious question is… if they have two ‘exit’ quality control processes how could they have missed issues that were so obvious? The moment I opened the computer case it was impossible to miss the plastic wrapping still on the motherboard.

[-] Grade ‘F’ - Computer assembly technician (for all obvious reasons). [-] Grade ‘F’ - ‘Quality Control’ & ‘Final Quality Control’… how can they say they have ‘exit’ quality control when so many issues where delivered with my computer. [-] Grade ‘F’ - Leo ** (CyberPower POC assigned to my purchases) for NEVER responding to any of my emails when it came to addressing my issues. [-] Grade ‘F’ - Upper level management, CyberPower Sales and CyberPower Customer Care for NEVER responding to any of my emails when it came to addressing my issues.

[-] Grade ‘D+’ - Technical Support to resolve the deficiencies. It is very odd to be told I am the person who will have to make the corrections. What happens if I were to break something in the process… does this mean CyberPower warranty would no longer be valid? Such terrible support suggestion. [-] Grade ‘F’ - in processing my refund. Even though I constantly provided photographic evidence that services and parts were not performed I was still being told from the refund office I had to pay for some of the items.

I would not want to bring this report card home to mom & dad. I do want to show my appreciation to all who took the time to present webpages and videos explaining the technical side of PC builds. With such a tremendous amount of valid information, I was able to learn so much which allowed me to handle my situation with CyberPower in a competent way.

*** The Case of Fraud against Cyberpower PC *** Fraud (Intent to Defraud) falls under tort law; this is a crime. The bases of Fraud is charging for items and services that are not performed. Let’s talk about Intent! The most obvious Fraud action is when the CyberPower technician intentionally setup Turbo Boost instead of Overclocking. Turbo Boost is NOT Overclocking. 30% Overclocking cost $99.

Turbo Boost - is using the built-in BIOS setting to set a higher multiplier and where the CPU speed will go up and down based upon CPU processing loads. For example, the GIGABYTE Z370 board low-end CPU speed is 0.8 Ghz and the upper can be based upon the BIOS Upgrade setting (as high as 5 Ghz). Setting Turbo Boost is a simple change in the BIOS where the motherboard firmware automatically makes the proper system level adjustments to optimize CPU/Motherboard performance.

Overclocking - is based upon Hyper-Threading. The BIOS are fixed at a higher CPU multiplier, and therefore the CPU never slows down under small CPU processing loads. Overclocking requires to manually disable several aspects of the BIOS settings and also determine (manually) the best voltage to ensure the overall system is stable at higher CPU frequencies.

The moment the CyberPower technician who built my computer set Turbo Boost (instead of Oveclocking) Fraud occurred. This was an intentional act… to deceive a customer. Professional Wiring is to provide a well organized and clean wiring of the computer chassis. The moment the CyberPower technician who built my computer did the wiring in a sloppy and lazy way Fraud occurred. This was an intentional act… to short change a customer.

In 2010 I purchased a computer from CyberPowerPC. I didn’t have the understanding I gained during the 2018 purchase. The computer ran great, but I now realize in my 2010 purchase the CPU was set to Turbo Boost instead of the 30% Overclocking I paid for… and the chassis wiring was sloppy instead of professional. My brother also paid for Professional Wiring for his CyberPower computer, but the chassis wiring is sloppy instead of professional.

I read in one of the other reviews that a customer did not get Overclocking… and the response from CyberPower was Overclocking is a service and therefore not refundable. It is illegal to have someone pay for a service that was not performed. Let’s go back to what the Disputes Department stated to me in their email response; “If these services were performed, then we would have to deduct from the refund”. This is wrong under the situation of my computer build. I have filed and represented myself in several court cases in the past, and won them all. This is how to understand the position of whether certain services are refundable or not.

If I had a change of heart and decided to return the computer ‘without cause’ then “YES”, these services would not be part of the refund. But, in the case of my computer build, CyberPower was of full breach of agreement when they provide a computer build with so many deficiencies resulting is a complete failure to build a valid & trusted computer system. In light of their ‘breach of agreement’ (which falls under the legal principle of ‘doctrine of reasonable expectations’) I believe a judge would rule in my favor; that returning the computer was solely driven by the lack of quality where the reasonable expectations is for a quality computer build. Therefore, any non-refundable services or parts cannot be held as my responsibility and I would receive a full refund for these items.

History is telling of Fraud, by it frequently being with CyberPower charging customers for Overclocking ($99) but setting the system in Turbo Boost, and doing sloppy wiring instead of Professional Wiring. Work environment expectations dictate individual’s performance. If the allowance is for others to do a sloppy job, then they will do just that ‘a sloppy job’. Whereas, if the expectations is to perform at a professional level, then the best possible products are produced.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This is my 3rd personal System from CyberPowerPC and if you count the several I have recommended it would of been the 10th System I have seen personally from CyberPowerPC. I have done this because in the past it was excellent service and construction. I have built several PCs myself and felt it was worth it to pay CyberPowerPC to do this based on previous experience. After the condition of my latest purchase, I would not purchase another one, nor would I recommend CyberPowerPC to any co-worker. I took pictures of everything but with the Quadstellar I realize it is a unique case, but WOW the worst build I have ever seen. CyberPowerPC staff did not even try.

I question why I paid for the following items: (Again have pictures off all this). Professional Wiring - Was a mess of tangled wires, I spent 2 hours taking it all apart and doing it in a clean and proper fashion. Ultra Enhanced Packaging - This was a joke, the foam packing was done on the one side that did not have components. Again understand the unique case, but was useless to pay for this. CPU Thermal Compound - Was not even placed on the processor, ended up using my own thermal paste. Corsair Lighting Node Pro - Figured they would at least mount the LED strips where you could see them through the smoked glass. All but one of the strips were hidden behind all of the components or out of view. (I fixed this as well.) Noise Reduction Foam - Not even present in the system. Noise Reduction Power Supply Gasket was put in backward.

Anti-Vibration fan mounts - Only 2 of the 4 possible fans had them. I realize with this case not all fans could but only on half the fans that could easily facilitate using the anti-vibration mounts? Rush Shipping - This was my fault, I had to go out of town for work, and did not end up opening the box for almost 10 days after receiving the system. After I did open it, I let it sit knowing it would take a few hours of my time to redo everything.

The issues did not end with the long list above. The Power Supply bracket was bent. This one I could chalk up to rough shipping but that is why I paid for Ultra Enhanced Packaging. Proper use of this would of prevented this issue. One of the Power Supply screw was cross threaded. The other one broke away from the case, again possible due to rough shipping but going back to why I asked for the enhanced packaging. The ThunderBolt card that came with the ASUS x299 prime deluxe motherboard was not even installed. It was in the bag of all the extra cables.

Bent the bracket for one of the 1080 TI video cards clearly from trying to jam it in the case. Bent one of the SATA connectors (on the SATA cable). I am talking about the metal tab used to hold it in place on the Motherboard. It is the tab you push to pull it out, but was bent so bad I had to take pliers to get it out carefully. I am still baffled how this occurs because it is hard to bend the way it was unless you are yanking on the cable or connector inappropriately. Several screws had actually fallen out and just rattling around in the case. Even with basic tightening this should not of happened. Most of the screws were extremely loose.

The location for the lighting controllers had been stacked on each other for no reason. I was able to move them around with all the room in the Quadstellar case. It was clear the tech putting this system together did not even try. This is a good one. I feel sorry for whoever ordered the Quadsteller system at the same time I did. I had the wrong glass cover for one of the sides. I know this because There was double magnets and the plastic seat the magnets fit in. This means someone is missing them, and will be calling CyberPowerPC soon if they have not already.

Finally, there is one very frustrating issue and I am on the fence about if I had appropriate expectations from CyberPowerPC. I ordered 2 1080 Ti FTW3 video cards. With this case I would expect they would be mounted using PCI-E riser cables. One comes with the case and I made the assumption they would provide another to mount the cards in the empty section or top left section of the case. Again, I will take blame for this as I had made an assumption that an additional PCI-E extension cable and riser card. However, they were mounted on the motherboard correctly but in the completely wrong slots. The guide for the ASUS x299 prime board (and even the BIOS tells you) they should be mounted in Slot 1 and 3. This is something CyberPowerPC should know as they build several systems.

Overall, this will be my last purchase. Especially after leaving Voicemail on the support line, I never heard back. My recommendation to any other serious gamer or individual buying a high end system would be to look elsewhere. I am even more disappointed because with all my previous purchase I was extremely satisfied and have provided excellent for every survey category. Not this TIME. It was clear that basic quality checks were missed. Side note: this upset my wife but the software bundles that were supposed to come with the system were nowhere to be found. Specifically the Q1'18 INTEL CORE I7 PERFORMANCE BUNDLE. This was minor issue for me personally, but added together shows clear lack of quality control before shipping.

Careful when ordering the Quadstellar case, especially if you plan on more than one high end video card. The clearance in the top left section that is intended for the video card placement using a PCI-E riser cable and bracket is non-existent. You can fit 2 by using the center and right slot (when looking at the rear of the system. Even with the 2, it is very difficult and takes time to get it to fit correctly without jamming the cards into position. In addition, you can get the riser cable but hard to find the actual PCI-E bracket that the video card would fit into. I had to get a Right angle bracket from Newegg in addition to the extension cable. Also do not get a cheap cable, and spend the extra money to get a shielded cable. CyberPowerPC does not sell the cable or bracket, they refer you to the internet and have you search for one.

Dear Shon,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you have not yet I strongly recommend getting in touch with our support agents as this matter is very concerning. So if you may please call us at your earliest convenience.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ordered a computer from CyberPowerPC.com. Throughout the past few weeks I’ve had issues with my graphics card. The graphics card would not work whatsoever. I called cyber PowerPC on multiple occasions and they were very very tough to work with and figuring out how to get me a new graphics card. Days and days go by and we finally figure out a resolution, and that is to send my graphics card back. Then they would send me a new graphics card. I went upon sending out my graphics card, and while shipping the graphics card, it was supposedly damaged. I am very new to gaming on PCs and this was my first ever computer. I did not know what exactly was wrong with the graphics card but it was not working properly and it would make my computer shut down.

I did their instructions by taking out the graphics card and putting it back in. It did not work. Not just that, but I have many friends who are very familiar with gaming computers and they told me there was something wrong with my card. I spoke to CyberPower Inc. Tech Support about the supposed damage to graphics card and they told me that there was no way that they could replace it because of the physical damage. I understood that the warranty claims that they cannot replace it if it has physical damage from shipping, but when I spoke to a representative they told me that I could either send it in a bubble wrap or a box because I was curious if it should have been boxed to prevent damage. When I called and told them that they told me I could put it in a bubble wrap they said they had no proof that they said that and that they could do nothing For me.

I finance this computer for $141 a month. The reason I did not fully purchase this is because I cannot afford it and doing it monthly was more convenient for me. I have gone through so much trouble with this company it is unbelievable. The fact that the graphics card was faulty upon receiving it and they did not want to do anything to fix this issue is beyond frustrating. I have been waiting for over a week now since it’s been shipped and all I get is an email saying that they cannot do anything for me. I wasn’t surprised because every single time I have called they’ve pretty much told me that there was nothing they could do and that was my fault even though they are the one who sent it to me and they are the ones who did not recognize that it was damaged. I would really love to have a resolution for this without having to spend another three to $500 on a new graphics card when I should have received the right one the first time around.

I have spoken to an attorney over this subject and I am willing to go to court over this. I understand that UPS may have an insurance on the item I shipped But this is irrelevant at this point. The amount of struggle time and dispute I have gone through just to fix the original graphics card I had is ridiculous. I spoke to many different people throughout the company and every single time I had to resort to speak into management, who in the end told me the same exact thing that every other person told me. This is not a cheap computer and I was very happy with the company until I received this faulty card. I really would like it if I could just received my new graphics card Without having to make this any more difficult than it already is. I understand why they said they can’t give me a new one because of the physical damage, but the card was faulty to begin with and I followed your steps on fixing this and nothing worked.

Nothing on this card looks any differently than when I initially received it. The only thing I knew is that my gaming and other graphics related things were not working because the card is absolutely faulty. Now whether the physical damage was there before or after should be absolutely irrelevant because it was not working to begin with. The only requirement was that I sent it back so that I could receive my new one. I know there is a resolution to this, and I was given false information on how I should ship this item. The graphics card did not work the second I attempted to use it and now I’m going through a world of trouble just to get what I absolutely deserve for what I’m paying.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Over the years, I have ordered 3 PC's from CyberpowerPC. The first two, I had no problems with at all. Everything came in a timely fashion, support for friendly and helpful, and the experience was great. This latest experience, however, leaves me very disappointed with the company. I ordered my PC on May 7th, 2018. It did not ship out until May 22, 2018. That is fine, as I did not pay for rush shipping. When I was finally home at a time in which it was delivered, I opened the box and found that the tempered glass side of the case had shattered. Had it not been wrapped in plastic, I would still be cleaning up glass off my floor today.

I took pictures of the damage and called tech support to ask for RMA. The support representative told me to unwrap the PC, and just vacuum up the glass off my floor and that they would send me another glass side. Really?! Are you serious? He told me he was very serious in a snarky tone. When I tried to explain to him that glass shards where inside the case and components and that I did not trust that none of said components were not affected by the glass, he said he would not do an RMA for me nonetheless. When I asked to speak to his manager, he simply put me on hold for 15 or 20 minutes.

I hung up and called back again, and this time, I spoke with Victor. Very good person to work with. I explained what had happened and what the other technician told me to do, to which Victor advised me NOT to take the PC out because of the glass. I took the pictures I had taken of the damage, emailed them to Victor and he promptly emailed me an RMA shipping label. I mailed by PC back the same day I had gotten it.

The returned PC arrived back at CyberpowerPC on June 4th and did not ship back to me until June 15th. Again, that is no problem. When I opened the box, I found the PC intact. However, I could hear rattling in the case. I took off the glass side and saw pieces of glass still inside the case. I realized at that moment that the exact same case in which the glass broke was used again and sent back to me for the RMA. Even now, there are pieces of glass that are still rattling around in the case and some fall out from time to time when I took the fixed machine out of the box.

This is not exactly what I would call a customer focused move on CyberpowerPC's part. I understand you have to save costs, but to send me back the same case, especially without cleaning it completely first, is wrong. I decided it best to just live with it and use the PC, as they obviously do not care enough to even replace the case with a new one. I don't know what has become of Cyberpower over the last 5 to 8 years, but something has changed, and not for the better. I doubt they care or will try to do anything to make this right, but at least I can let others know of this and hope they think very carefully before buying from CyberpowerPC. The service levels and customer empathy are not what the once were.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased a desktop computer that I customized. I paid for additional packaging to protect it. It took about 5 weeks from placing the order to receive the machine. When I received it two fans were loose and one of the features did not work. Tech support could not help and I had to send it back. I was told it would be "fast tracked." I sent it back. I received it back more than a month after sending it to them. They worked on something that wasn't even a problem when I had it and did not take care of what was wrong with it. When I called tech support they told me I would have to send it back again and that it would probably take the same amount of time.

At this point I was disgusted with their quality control so I asked for a refund. They agreed but said I would have to pay for return shipping and that condition was in their purchase agreement. 'Return shipping by ground the cheapest way cost me $204 because it came in two heavy packages. I argued that I was returning it through no fault of mine but because of their poor quality control. That was not good enough. I warn you that their prices look good but they are terrible to deal with.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We do offer warranty repair, we are more than happy to help address the issues and concerns you are experiencing with the PC. Feel free to give us a call i you wish to proceed with that process.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been working to get this thing up to speed for months. First off, it didn't come WiFi ready. Who ships a computer in this day and age that isn't WiFi ready? I have a $300 laptop that came out of the box ready to go, and the graphics are nearly as good. I've never felt so stolen from in my life. Avoid.

Dear Glen,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. All our PCs are custom made so there is an option to request Wifi as many people prefer hardware for gaming as its faster and provides a secure connection. If you have any concerns then please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: June 11, 2018

First pre built computer bought ever. I work from home and use it all the time. The power supply goes out. So I call to get it replaced under warranty. They want me to send back the old PSU for a new one. That would put me out of work for 6+ days. So they said they could send me a new one first but, I had to pay for it on hold. I paid 3 thousand dollars for this computer and work from it. They cannot afford to overnight (full warranty) a new PSU to me so I can send the old one back? Makes no sense and costing me money. And to find out the PSU is not even what was supposed to be in the computer I bought per my order.

Dear James,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. There does seem to be some confusion regarding our warranty, we only have one type of warranty coverage for our desktops and it does not cover shipping, that includes overnight. Our warranty covers parts and labor and all that info is publicly available on our website. Various options to replace the item have been provide, Do not hesitate to give our support agents a call for more info.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: June 2, 2018

You need to understand the industry to appreciate CyberPowerPC. I ordered a Ryzen 7 configuration with a RX 580 8GB, 16gb ram 1tb HDD. I ordered rush with 3 day shipping which cost me an extra 100 bucks but I was excited so worth it right? Got my PC in 5 business days which was pretty fast for a custom build. Turned it on and boom artifacting (green and purple lines) on the BIOS. Popped in my old GTX 950 and the artifacting went away. Called tech support. The guy talked to me, understood and set up an RMA. They didn't offer to pay for shipping which honestly was okay with me because I wanted 2 day shipping with insurance (cost me $20 at the post office). After sending it in I realized that the price on the Vega 56 just dropped which they did not offer. So I called customer service and while the guy sounded a little cranky he changed my RMA to a refund instead of replace.

Here is why this wasn't a bad experience for me: The price. I paid just about the same price as I would to assemble myself but didn't have to worry about cable management or any of that jazz. Broken component. On average regardless of team red or team blue (AMD vs the overpriced overhyped nonsense) 1 out of every 5 GPUs will have bad memory or break in shipping. This is normal. I've built many PCs myself and had 1 dead Motherboard and a dead 980 TI. The price was fair. Customer service for a team that probably gets yelled at by entitled jerks all the time was pretty good. If you're getting into gaming into the high end Performance PC customer order world you need to have realistic expectations for companies that don't have much of an up-charge for their product. Or build it yourself.

Original review: June 1, 2018

They are such a horrible company! They put the wrong things in my computer and keep running me around in circles. Bought a $3,000 custom built computer and they had my hard drive bouncing around, gave me wrong DDR5 ram (ordered 3000mhz and got 2400mhz instead), wrong fans, horrible wiring job and didn't perform a overclocking as purchased and said they can't refund me on it due to it is a service but not done. Also had me waiting for a my motherboard to come in and didn't call me or contact me to let me know. I had to call 3 times to get something done. Keep calling and they won't give me a supervisor or manager. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Updated on 07/23/2018: They had told me to ship back my PC because the water cooler pump has failed and that there was multiple issues with the computer. Then they told me to have it with padding and in two different boxes. I did that and then I got pictures of the computer being completely broken. Told me that it's going into investigation and that they aren't responsible for anything if it is broken and I have to pay for the repairs. This computer costed me 3k and yet they aren't taking any responsibility for them messing up the computer. They shipped it to me with wrong stuff in it and wanted me to ship it to them. Otherwise I wouldn't of shipped it to them. They didn't pay for any shipping or didn't give me directions to ship it. Also they shipped it to me with the liquid cooling in the computer. The computer seemed like it was leaking the cooling too. So I do not think this is my fault at all. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Original review: May 28, 2018

Ordered a new gaming laptop in late April on one of their sales - seemed like an amazing bargain. Didn't spring for rush processing because, hey, I'm a patient guy, and 50 bucks is 50 bucks. They warned me that the ship lag could be as long as 15 business days. Fine, I'm a patient guy. Well, 15 business days rolls around with no communication from them. Checking my order status, parts haven't even arrived at the warehouse yet. So I get hold of customer service, and they tell me in a short, clipped message they're experiencing a lot of rush orders so mine got pushed back, but it should ship out no later than the following Friday. That's irritating, and it would have been really nice to know without having to wait for an hour to talk to a representative, but fine, whatever.

The following Friday rolls around and, surprise surprise, still no updates on my order. So I sit on hold for ANOTHER hour and this time talk to a supervisor. Apparently 2 of the parts required for my build were back ordered, and instead of telling me about it, they just let me swing in the wind. In the time between NOT building my order and me calling them, they may have run out of the base laptop, as well. (When I left it on Friday, the supervisor was going to "make some calls.") Additionally, the Amazon payments link I used to provide payment had expired by this point! When were they planning on informing me of that?

All of this could have been resolved with one of their trademark short, clipped messages saying "We are out of parts X and Y. Would you like to swap them out? Give us a call." Instead, they let it sit and waited for me to get irritated before making any effort to resolve the situation. At this point, if I'm told the base model is out of stock on Tuesday I'll be cancelling my order. You might run across one of their sales and think "Hey, I can save a couple hundred bucks on a great machine!" Don't do it. Spring extra to patronize a company with an acceptable level of customer service discipline.

Dear Nicholas,

We are deeply sorry to hear of the inconvenience. Any delays are informed via the online order status. We understand you have opted to cancel the order, we wish you best of luck on your PC purchasing ventures.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought what I would consider a medium-powered GTX1060 custom gaming PC from this company, and I am beyond happy with what I received. If you scan reviews for this company, you're going to get a lot, a LOT of bad to complete hellish nightmares. I think a lot of this comes from one of two places: 1) people who don't actually build their own PCs and so don't know how to QA their stuff when they receive it (because yes, it might come damaged from the shipping), and 2) people with SOME idea of what they're doing, but go way overpowered in some area and cut back in another crucial yet less flashy area (e.g. the PSU).

I received the PC, I immediately checked to make sure everything on the packing slip was exactly as I ordered, because that was the content of a lot of bad reviews. Everything was exactly as I had asked for. Then, I did a physical check of all the pieces. One of the back screws was loose, which could have happened in shipping, and the SSD tray had slipped on one side, also could have happened in shipping. You'll see people give CyberPowerPC a one star review with would-not-recommend for something like this because they think it's shoddy craftsmanship.

Had it for a week now, and no issues like the insides just exploding, water cooling erupting everywhere, or the fans fizzling out. Probably because I went with a reasonable i5 processor, a middle of the road hard drive set up (one 125GB SSD, one 2TB HDD), and a 6 vRAM GTX1060 -- all cutbacks in order to afford a well reviewed 600 watt Thermaltake PSU, Cool Master water cooling, and above-average fans.

Do your research and you won't have any issues. That is, check reviews for parts on Newegg, double check your build once it arrives, and DO NOT SKIMP OUT ON IMPORTANT PARTS THAT ARE LESS "SHINY" THAN THINGS LIKE THE GRAPHICS CARDS AND PROCESSORS. No duh you had a melt-down if you went with the generic brand 300 watt PSU and one crappy fan and expected it to run a 1080 and i9 processor!!

My only two complaints would be: 1) The time it took. Shipped after their promised 12 to 15 business day window. I tried to e-mail the project manager to see what was up, got no reply. But hey, it got here and works wonderfully so no real complaints, I guess. 2) The GTX1060 card I got has only ONE DVI and ONE HDMI port, so multi-monitoring while also having something like an Oculus is ruled out without a switch box. This was my own fault as I could have picked a part that had more ports. Either way, if you know what you're doing, and have a month or more to wait for your build, you can feel safe ordering a custom PC from these guys. I could have built it myself, but with GPU prices the way they are and really not wanting to take the time to do it, this was a great affordable choice.

Original review: May 26, 2018

This company is a joke. I am so happy that I purchased my PC through Costco because if I purchased it through CyberPowerPC directly It would be a total loss. What happened is I ordered a new PC April 2018 and when it arrived the hard drive was dead on arrival. So I contacted CyberPowerPC and verified over the phone that the hard drive is bad and told me to send it back to them.

First off they will not give you a return label or package to send to the item you must to package it yourself and pay for the shipping which they will not reimburse. I find this unacceptable since The computer was brand new and under warranty. Once received CyberPowerPC contacted me and told me that the hard drive was not packaged correctly and damaged during shipment. They would not honor the return. Since I purchased it at Costco I had the ability to return the PC for a full refund since it was within the 90 day return policy.

After being treated unfairly by CyberPowerPC and to boot they were rude on the phone. Costco stepped in and took care of everything. They told me I could return the PC for full refund or to make me happy they gave me a credit for the damaged part so I could get another one without having to deal with CyberPowerPC again. I would never buy another computer through CyberPowerPC again unless purchased through Costco. Do not buy direct. You will be Very dissatisfied. The new hard drive was only $80 and I hope it was worth it for CyberPowerPC to lose me as a customer forever. Costco is the best. They have never let me down.

Dear Ben,

We are sincerely sorry to hear of your experience. There seems to be some confusion regarding the warranty, CyberpowerPC's warranty does not cover shipping. The warranty as stated publicly on our website covers parts and labor. Any item that arrives damaged physically through improper treatment or packaging is not covered under warranty. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to give our support team a call.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I will start this description from the day I received the PC another from order because my order interaction was just online. But some background first. I used to be a product development engineer for another brand 7 years ago and understand the process and how these situations can be resolved to keep a positive customer experience. But this company has not even tried to make me feel better about this debacle. I will also say I’m very knowledgeable on the type of hardware I’m buying and how to build them myself at this level. But I recently had multiple surgeries and didn’t want to build my own PC so I bought.

My machine arrived yesterday after spending 4400 dollars on my liquid cooled machine. I didn’t wait too long to get it as I paid for rush order. Now let the fun begin. I sat on my front porch waiting for my monster for the UPS driver to show up and my entire box look red and soaked. Well it gets closer and yep entire box covered in Red antifreeze. I am in Virginia. The computer came from Cali so it bounced around for 6 days in a truck from west to east coast. It was in its original packaging from the case manufacturer. Not with a CyberPowerPC box. No fragile stickers. No this end up no liquid inside handle with care nothing of the sort. I brought the box into my garage and took pictures.

The system is completely destroyed every component covered in Red antifreeze from the inside of the case. I called CyberPowerPC immediately, the first rep I spoke to got an attitude with me and I instantly wanted to be escalated (he made it seem like this was my fault and showed zero care that my computer showed up destroyed). I asked for a next day air label to send it back. They told me, "No. Only ground label would be provided." I asked for them to cross ship so I could get a new PC quicker. They told me, "No." I asked for a refund. They told me I’d have to pay out of my own pocket to send it back. That’s not going to happen either when it’s not my fault.

So anyways I get escalated and I’m told a ground label would be sent within an hour. This is Thursday at 3 pm eastern. 430 rolls around so I call back and I’m told that it’s out of their hands. Another department will send the label. I hang up frustrated and wait for the email. 6 pm rolls around so I call back. Same thing, "It’s not our problem. Another department handles that." I ask for them to walk to the shipping department so I can get a label before UPS closes so I can get it in the mail so it ships before the holiday weekend. "Out of our hands.” I get again. I get another email a few minutes before 7 that states to hold onto the PC for a few more days so that UPS scan conduct an investigation that they may pick it up. My thought is why in the hell would I wait even longer. This is not my fault and I’m not waiting because they won’t start building a new of until they get the old one so now I’m livid pissed.

7 pm rolls around and I call back again (UPS is closed now). I get the same guy on the phone again and I immediately tell him to transfer me. I don’t want to speak to him. I get the first person who actually tried to help me named Adrian. He immediately puts me on hold, is gone 2 minutes and comes back and says, "I walked down the hall and your label will be in your email in about 2 minutes." I’m like, "Are you serious." UPS is closed now. I’ve been calling for hours and being told, "That’s not our problem now. It’s out of our hands." Anyways I get my snail mail label and prep to ship out today Friday the 25th of May.

I go to 5 different UPS stores and none of them would take it because it’s covered in antifreeze. Finally I call back to CyberPowerPC and that same initial tech answers and tells me to hide the antifreeze so they can’t see it and ship it out. So this guy is telling me to be shady to get it in the mail. Sigh. So today is Friday. Monday is a holiday. They won’t get the machine until at least Thursday next week. I’m sure it will take a day before the system starts being built so we will say Monday June 4th before it’s either built or finished then shipping back to me 3-5 days I won’t see it until at least the 8th or 11th of June.

I also paid extra for rush ordering for a PC that came destroyed and they refuse to refund that to me because they “rushed it the first time.” During this entire process they have yet to show sympathy or try to make it right. They always told me what they can’t do not what they can do. Worst customer service ever. This is where I wait now for another computer. Very unhappy.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. At this time it appears we have a rep helping you further on this matter. If you have any further questions about the process after receiving your computer please feel free to give us a call.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 23, 2018

Was happy for week, came fast and everything, ordered laptop from them and in week 2 dead pixel pops up, so I'm pissed because it's brand new, hasn't even left my house and I contact customer service just find out "sorry can't fix that if you would of purchased the 30 day pixel warranty we could" like really???? Never seen anything about damn pixel warranty. I would take my money somewhere else people, seems like they throw the ** together real fast, send it, if it messes up on you they will find loophole to say screw you.

Dear Nick,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. That specific warranty is found under service options when selecting the computer and the components you want installed. Under more info it goes in depth what it covers and does not cover. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought my CyberPowerPC early 2018 and ever since I had it it wasn't the greatest performing, however it worked well enough. For 2 months that is, after 2 months it stopped working, my computer would not stay on and every time I tried to do anything it would hit me with the blue "collecting information you can turn your computer off when the information is collected". So I called CyberPowerPC and they told me that it was a problem with my RAM and I had to send in my RAM at my own cost and they would replace it. Seems sort of unfair doesn't it?

I called them 3 more times begging them to do anything in their power for me to just get sent the RAM. Still to this day I don't understand why I have to send them mine first to get the RAM back. I encourage anyone who is considering buying a product from CyberPowerPC to not do it. Buy a PC from a company that actually values its customers and will not give you a headache and a hard time just to fix their poorly constructed product. No one buy any products from this company.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. As expressed on our warranty policy, which can be seen publicly on our site we require to receive any item in question before we can issue a replacement. We have provided what we can to assist in getting the item replaced, if you wish to proceed with this method you can still do so.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

CyberPowerPC Company Information

www.cyberpowerpc.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business