1.48/5

Last updated: April 11, 2018

267 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

My 14 years old son work very hard all last summer to get his desktop and it doesn’t work, we called got the RMA # to send it back but no shipment labels... We go to send it back, now it costs me another $90 to send it back... Why isn’t Best Buy allowed to fix it if they’re allowed to sell it? I just very disappointed and upset with this company and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

CyberPowerPC response

We are sincerely sorry to hear of the inconvenience. BestBuy is simply the retailer who sells the computer. While they do have a repair service in store, that still counts as a 3rd party service and it is one they sell as extended warranty. There are many logistical reasons as to why at this time we only performance service at our center and not across all Best Buys. If you have any further questions please feel free to email us.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2018

It took me a long time to commit to paying over $4,500 for a computer. In the end I decided to because of the amount of time I spend on them. Money was definitely a consideration. I had saved for a while with a purchase like this in mind, and while I make a decent middle class living, it certainly didn't mean I could shell out that much money without a second thought.

With all that in mind, this was my experience with CyberPowerPC. I had decided to build the best system I could think of for gaming applications. I was torn between building it myself and having somebody else do it. I settled on Cyberpower for several reasons. Their website was very well done and boasted a load of options from every brand you could think of in every category. They also offered a 3 year hardware/software warranty which they didn't overcharge for. It gave me confidence in their product because a complete warranty for 3 years on a completely water cooled system was merely a footnote in the overall price.

I spent the morning pouring over their options and eventually settled on the build I liked. 8700k Cpu, 1080ti GPU, Asus ROG Maximus Heroic X Board, 1TB M.2 Drive with two 500gb SSDs to compliment. The list went on but that should give you an idea of the type of machine I had decided to build. After I purchased the rig I Immediately made a change to the order, contacting my "projects manager" in order to do so. Originally he wanted me to create an entire new order in order to change the board and RAM I had selected. I talked him out of it because I had spent hours on the build and didn't want to go thru and re-create the build again in order to change two parts in the rig. He took my order over the phone and that was that.

Now begins my frustrations with Cyberpower. It takes an absurdly long time for them to assemble and ship out these machines. Like a kid on Christmas I was anxiously waiting any word on the status of my new rig. After the first week of no change in the status of my order on their website, I called my project manager and was given the first real idea of how long it was going to take... 22 days from my purchase date. That certainly put a damper on my enthusiasm, but nevertheless I was still excited. My project manager assured me he would be in contact with me giving me constant status updates and notifying me if anything with the timeline changed.

The 22 day mark rolled around with still no change in status to my computer. Bear in mind it was supposed to ship on the 22nd day. On the 24th day I called them to check the status. They hadn't even started yet!!! I was getting irritated by now, and I voiced that to the PM, and he promised me that he would push the process thru right away (how long would it have taken had I not called??). He gave me a new timeline, three business days, and took another payment over the phone from me for a new shipping option (I was tired of waiting for it at that point, and I went with a 2 day shipping option.) It took 5 business days, and 3 days to ship, 3 days being the original shipping method I had selected.

A side note about how Cyberpower ships their merchandise: They require a signature that is non negotiable, and can not be circumvented with any of UPS's online signature options or anything of the like. If you, like me, work long days during the week, you will never be home when the UPS driver shows up, and as such your package will bounce back and forth between the UPS shipping hub in your area, and the drivers truck, until you either go to the local hub and speak with somebody about your issue, or take time off work to make sure that you are home within the 3 hr window they give you for a delivery time.

SO here we are, roughly 30 days after my purchase date, and I finally have my machine. No damage to the box (good sign). I tear it open and approve of how well it is packaged. I ended up with protective packaging inside the rig to prevent the card and other suspended components from moving while shipping which was nice.

The first thing I notice is that the plate on the back side of the hard drive docking area, that runs from the top of the case to the bottom of the inside of the case, was missing screws. The result was that the plate had popped out, being only attached at the top, and had rubbed/cut some deep grooves on the outside of the case. It was covered by the tempered glass door on that side of the case, but it still irked me.

So, I got it all plugged in and fired up. It booted without a problem, and my goodness was it fast. All of my frustrations with Cyberpower melted away, replaced with awe at the sheer speed of this machine. It was sweet. The case looked fantastic, the lighting was really cool... or was it? My next problem: Part of the change order, board and RAM, was going to an RGB backlit RAM. I was fooling with the lighting options and realized that the RAM wasn't lit. Upon a closer inspection, I didn't get the RAM I had paid for in the change order. They got the Board right, but not the RAM! Still, as irritated as I was about that, the rig was just too awesome to be upset about it for long.

I got all the games installed, played a few late into the evening with brilliant speeds and graphics quality, then shut the rig down for the night and went to work the next day. After work the next day I get home and fire it up, excited about the prospect of playing on this rig thru the weekend. I fire up a game, and about two hours into playing all hell breaks loose. This happened in about the space of 5 seconds: I got a pixilated screen on both my monitors. I heard a rushing water noise inside the case. I looked over and saw that one of the coolant fittings had come apart and coolant was rushing out all over the board. It took a moment of panicked realization for me to register what was going on before I got up and pulled the power cord out of the back of the rig to prevent any further flow of electricity into the machine.

By this time, the cooling system pump had drained about 80% of the reservoir on the board and GPU, and it had ran down, flown out of the case and DESTROYED the carpet underneath. I'm glad I went with Alien green dyed coolant, it went well with my white carpet. The computer had been running for a total of like 4 hours between the two days I had it.

I immediately called CyberPowerPC mad as hornets about what had just happened. To his credit, the first rep I talked to spoke to me in a tone that was appropriate for the situation, springing into action and beginning the process of a repair order. Another side note: If you need an RMA (repairs) on your order, they will ask you to send them pictures of the box it came in. Luckily, I opened the box from the top, and didn't do any additional damage to the box, so it was easy to see the condition it came in and dispel any doubts about it being the fault of anyone other than Cyberpower. Had I destroyed the box to try and get at the machine, it could have easily cascaded into a "who's at fault" scenario that would not go well for me, I'm sure.

The second guy I spoke with, a technician, was an absolute jerk. He sounded like he hated his job, and had no sympathy or empathy whatsoever about what was going on. He was neither helpful nor informative and spoke as if he couldn't have been bothered to do one iota of work past what his job description dictated, which apparently did not require him to have any diplomatic social skills.

They emailed me a packing slip, and asked me to ship it back in the original packaging, which I did with even more padding, and that's where we sit right now. The timeline I was given for the RMA was about 2-3 weeks, not including shipping both ways. The slip they emailed me was standard shipping, about 5 business days give or take. So, 32 days after I finally received my $4,500 wet paperweight, I'm staring down the barrel of 24-31 more days of waiting...

I'd like to be clear that the rig was fantastic when it ran. Very very fast, very smooth. Operating system was installed without any hiccups, and I had no software issues whatsoever. It was sooo Fasssstt!! For about 4 hours. I haven't decided if I even want to wait for it to be repaired. This experience has soured me so much I may just ask for my money back. This is a cautionary tale folks. These are the facts. Good luck with your own experiences.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We hope to get the PC repaired and tested quickly as possible to further cut down on the inconvenience. You are always welcome to give our RMA Status department a call or an email for any information on your computer's repair progress.

SUPPORT:

rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberpowerPC Support

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2018

I recently bought a pc from CyberPowerPC 1400$ so I paid for 3 day shipping with it. It took a month to get. Which was fine. No rush. But when I received it the CPU fan didn't work and my computer would shut off randomly, so only having it 3 days I sent it back that was 3 weeks ago. Last week I called customer support and they were very rude, the guy told me there was nothing they could do to help me. So now I'm 2 months no computer and they have my money. I'm very disappointed in them.

Dear William,

We are sorry to hear you feel that way. Our records show the PC was originally shipped out to you on 3/5/2018. We received it for service on 3/21/2015. The computer completed service and was shipped back to you on 3/29/2018. Also our standard processing time for orders are 10-15 business days and our records show it took 13 business days to build, test, and ship your computer. You selected for 3 day shipping, that time refers to how long it is in transit.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 31, 2018

I had major issues trying to upgrade my CyberPowerPC laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I contacted CyberPowerPC and they steered me to a Chinese website (written in Chinese so I didn't understand any of it including which drivers I might need) which is where they actually get their laptops, they told me that I needed to contact Microsoft (which I had already done on 4 different occasions) and would not take the time to look up my serial number to see if my laptop was even compatible with Windows 10. The customer service rep was short, rude and absolutely no help whatsoever. I will never buy from them again and would like other consumers to be wary as well.

Dear Jonathan,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Many times for laptops when making the jump in operating system, it is possible specific drivers will not work or cause compatibilities issues with the new OS. If you email me directly I can help take a look in to that for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2018

I should have done my research before buying from them. From the first email till now nothing but headaches. First off the sales staff doesn't seem to care about you or value you and your money. I ordered a custom $3,800 computer. Paid for rush processing. Got an email that it wasn't possible. No reason as to why. Fine I can wait about 2-3 weeks. Kept watching for progress to find none after a week. It took me calling to get a "patience, it will happen soon". A week later I again had to call to find out parts were out of stock. I was then informed any changes had to be put into email form. THEY DO NOT EMAIL UNTIL ALMOST THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS DAYS! Just in order to change the first two things it took 3 days.

Then I was informed now something else is out of stock... After another 2 days to straighten that out they finally started to build my computer. Mind you with parts I didn't really want but with no ETA as to when the parts I wanted would be back in, I had to compromise if I ever wanted my PC before you know, fall... I get the PC after a full month. I knew from hearing people who build custom hardline liquid cooling that I should let it just run for about 24 hours to check for leaks. No peripherals not even a monitor was hooked up. After about 10 hours or running we heard a pop and water hissing. I quacking jump up and pull the power.

The red liquid coolant was pouring out of the bottom and sprayed all over my wall. (Rear fan sprayed it and stained my white wall, requiring a fresh coat of paint.) Now the RMA process got started Friday and was told I have to wait for approval. I decided to cut my losses with this company and just return it (just got the email approval again at the end of the business day). I now have to pay over $150 dollars to send it back for a refund. If I wanted them to fix it, it would be free? So they will have gotten a lot of my money that even after they refund me the pc, I will not see.

Dear Louis,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We understand you have opted for the refund. As for the shipping, we are not requiring payment to receive the item for refund. We simply need to receive the PC to provide the refund. As for the backorder ETA, we require an ETA from the manufacturer before we can provide a date. With out that any date we give has a high chance to be incorrect and will cause unnecessary delays.

- CyberpowerPC Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2018

The PC system I bought is a high end system that fails on almost every metric. Somewhere in the system is a critical failure that I've been unable to locate. This is forgivable, I understand that sometimes there are ghosts in the machine, but the customer service has been appalling even during the purchasing process, and then as soon as the problem was reported it was as though I hadn't even purchased a system at all. The system is capable of running high end games on the highest settings and I can't even run something as simple as Stardew Valley without risking the system locking up. Do yourself a favor and buy an Alienware, at least Dell has competent customer support.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to know more of the issue the PC is having. Is you may please do not hesitate to email us directly with more details; we're always happy to help.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2018

I bought this PC and it ran well only for the first one and half months, since they based on invoice date not the exact date I received the PC, I can't return or even pay restocking fee to return. My game started to crash every 5 mins, after I tried everything I gave up. On Monday I gave it to repair department. The guy said it would probably be done on Friday, but I got it back on the next Tuesday. Not a big deal. I asked how he had fixed my PC, and at that time I already knew the problem was not fixed because I already did those and I told him at the beginning. I got back to home and I couldn't play my games. I removed the side tempered glass and wanted to check if its dusty or something, and I was too lazy to put it back and tried to play games. The weather was pretty cold and I can play my games again.

However, the cold weather only lasted for a week and the game started to crash again. Moreover, if I put the side tempered glass back, my game will crash immediately no matter what. I went back to repair department and explained the situation. The repair guy did not believe me and said he did testing everything was fine, if I have any problems it will be my problem. He showed me a picture about the testing and asked me to call their tech support to email the picture to me. I went back to home and asked for the picture, the support person said she didn't have anything like that. So here I am, still trying to solve the problem on my own because there is no support from them.

Dear Owen,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. While we had the Pc for service our repair tech was unable to replicate the issue. The PC has under gone various test and ran with out any issue. We are happy to help you troubleshoot the problem further. Also keep in mind if the PC is stored in any cramped isolated space, no matter the amount of fans it will have restricted air flow. So do keep its placement in mind.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought a PC from CyberPowerPC 4 years ago it still runs the 1st day I got it from them. I would recommend buying a computer from them. They have good customer support. When the graphics card in my computer stopped working they sent me one. I got 2nd computer from them couple weeks ago. I have not once had problems with my PC. If you are gamer like myself or content creator you should go with them. They one of the best computer companies around.

Original review: March 20, 2018

In January, I spent thousands of dollars on a new computer from CyberPowerPC. What arrives, has a video card that is not working properly, parts that are loose and have fallen back into the computer, and a PC that took a dozen attempts to get it started up for the first time. Then, after hours of work, I finally get everything installed and updated and I put the thing in sleep mode for an hour… It never works again. I tried resetting it to factory standards, reinstalling everything, bringing it up in various modes. Nothing, I never see my desktop again, and after a week of trying I reach out to tech support for help. 3 days later a get an email asking for pics. I send them, and a video. I never hear from tech support again.

I emailed them a half-dozen additional times and after over a week of no replies, I tried opening a second ticket. I never heard anything on that either. It is now the end of March, it has been two months. I have called them, I have written them, I have used their forms, contacted them on social media. They are completely unwilling to help. And it stings a little extra, because this company that assembles your computer for a living, offers a service where, for an extra $20, they will put in the care and time for "professional wiring and assembly"; which is supposed to be a big increase in quality of assembly. Yeah, I paid for that, and they sent me something that didn't work, and wasn't even all in one piece.

Dear Den,

we are deeply sorry to hear of this experience. We received the information regarding the system. We are processing that to help get this matter addresses. Regarding the Pro-wiring does not refer to assemble, it is about the custom wiring down in the PC including wire sleeves.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was very excited to buy a CyberPowerPC in February 2017+, as I love gaming but did not want to go through the effort of building my own system. The first sign of trouble was when I first logged in to the system and was asked to input the product key for Windows 10. The product key was on a sticker on the case of the computer, but it was covered by ANOTHER sticker which was impossible to remove. When I had finally removed it, it had ripped off so much of the product key that I could not read it at all. What were they thinking? Of course, this does not compare to my most recent customer service nightmare. My graphics card broke down out of the blue in December 2017. Being under warranty, I sent it back to be replaced. A week passed, and I received an email saying that they had received my faulty graphics card and had shipped the replacement. Everything seemed fine at that point.

After another week of waiting, I had become a bit impatient and asked for an RMA status, to which they responded that they will get back to me as soon as they had more information. Another week passes, no graphics card and no update, so I send them another email. Once again, I get told that they will escalate and reach out as soon as they get information. A month passes at this point since they initially shipped it, and I email them again. This time, they give me the number for SAMTAK, their shipping facility, to track it down myself I don't know why they couldn't have done this the first time I asked.

After calling SAMTAK, I discover that the replacement graphics card had actually been sent to my old address. I am furious because I actually took action to prevent this from happening. I had sent in an address change form beforehand because I knew that the address they had on hand was outdated, and I had double checked and got confirmation that they had changed the address, and also made a note on the RMA to ship it to the new address. This still would not have been a huge problem if it did not take me a month to find out. I call my old place and they tell me that they do not have the package anymore, and since it was shipped a month ago, they have no recollection of where it might be...

I explain the situation to CyberPowerPC, and they have been very slow at responding or giving me any hints as to what actions are being taken to remedy the situation. I have done everything on my part to make sure that the replacement graphics card got shipped to me in a timely manner, but because of incompetence on their part, it has now been 3 months and I am still waiting for a graphics card. The last time they emailed me back was another message saying "We will get back to you as soon as we have more information", and that was 2 weeks ago. I had sent them 2 more emails since then with no responses. Having to wait 3 months with a GAMING COMPUTER with no GRAPHICS CARD is simply unacceptable.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to further in this matter. May you please email me directly with more information on this matter?

- CyberPowerPc Support

Original review: March 16, 2018

CyberPowerPC always has great bundle deals and numerous computer customizations. I received a decent deal last Cyber Monday when they were releasing new high end builds out for the new year. My order was processed in November but they didn't order parts and build the PC until mid December. They promised to deliver before Christmas but I did not receive the computer until 4 days after New Year's. Needless to say, our High Tech Themed Holiday Gift Basket backfired, and my department looked very foolish in front of the entire squadron during the Holiday Office Party. CyberPowerPC might have had problems delivering a computer to a military base on the east coast.

With the rising cost of living, corporate business taxes, and minimum wage laws, I'm surprised the company still has their Headquarters in the state of California. They could potentially reduce business expenses just by moving to neighboring states like Nevada or Arizona. At least open up another factory in Texas or Ohio so it will be easier to distribute products along the central and east coast. CyberPowerPC has potential to become a very successful business in the future if they take advantage of other opportunities like contracting to the government and/or military or sponsoring public schools.

Government and Military Contractors are always looking for the best deals to supply their offices and buildings. They are always spending to replace outdated equipment such as monitors, desktops, and laptops. Many of their jobs require multiple monitors and high performance computers, due to recently frequent software and system updates. Older computers become obsolete because they cannot handle the hundreds of programs that government computers always run for things such as encryptions and cybersecurity.

Many Public elementary schools, high schools, and even certain colleges struggle to fill classrooms with decent computers. The company could receive huge tax write offs for donating computers for charity, and giving great opportunities for young minds to learn and succeed. If CyberPowerPC can make better business decisions, expand their capacity, and distribute their products to other avenues like schools, governments, and military institutions, then they would have no problems competing with other major computer makers like Apple, HP, or Dell. However, if they choose to stay in expensive tax hungry states like California, and ignore customer reviews, then their company may experience setbacks and struggle staying in business.

CyberPowerPC, please honor your promises in the future, when you tell consumers that their order will arrive before Christmas. Otherwise, you'll continue to receive negative reviews and less customers because people will continue to tell their friends and family the horrible experiences they've had when purchasing products from your company.

CyberPowerPC response

Thank you Lee, we greatly appreciate your constructive feedback! It will be something we will take in to consideration during our strive to grow.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought my first custom computer from CyberPowerPC October 2007 ($740) and my current PC October 2012 ($1260.60). Both have behaved exceedingly well. One unit had the ram loosen in transit, but it was an easy fix. I found this Consumer Affairs site while researching my current PC build, so let me address some of the negative reviews from my own personal experience.

I would not recommend buying a pre-built unit. Some of the components used are fairly cheap, IMO. The PSU seems to be one of the worst offenders. CyberPowerPC gives you almost too many choices, so expect to find some components in your price range and then research reviews and benchmarks for them. Also, I have had excellent luck building a unit and then posting the build on the forum. Many more experienced users who are more familiar with the tech are willing to help out with suggestions or changes. TechLord is particularly helpful in this.

I have priced CyberPowerPC and several comparable websites on similar builds and have found them to offer the best cost, selection, and value. I have not had to deal with the customer service end because each unit I have received has been excellent. The reviews on the company and products are overwhelmingly positive. Be patient as they offer frequently changing discounted items, but be ready to buy as they are limited in time. Select name brand components, not just whatever is cheaper, you will not regret it. That does not mean the most expensive either! Do some research, ask for help, and you will have a great unit that is built for you at a similar price to buying the parts on Newegg and doing it yourself, except it comes with a warranty. Just my 2 cents. +1 would recommend.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I am looking to purchase a new computer. My current one is 10 years old and was purchased from CyberPower. They had real good service and very understanding sales reps. Today, I called to see if they had a computer that would fit into my needs for my business. The guy was rude & very short and said "We don't recommend, you build to what you want" OK, now I really feel stupid, a lot has changed in 10 years since my last computer.

Ok, I go online and do a little research, I build my computer on their website, the a call again with a couple of questions to verify or have them explain a couple of items that I selected with the build. The guy was very short and rude again. I even asked for another sales rep as he sounded like he didn't have the time to deal with my questions. I asked him that if he didn't have the time for me, to please give me another rep. He said he could not transfer me. He said "I never said I didn't have the time, you did". I was going to spend over $2,000. After having really bad vibes, I decided to look for reviews and after reading all the bad reviews, I will be looking elsewhere to purchase a computer. Someplace where someone wants your business and can offer the help you need.

Dear Brenda,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you still have questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to email me directly; I would like to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 14, 2018

So I bought this PC about 3 months ago and saw all these reviews about how bad it was and so I just didn’t hook it up but I decided to see for myself how bad it actually was. And let me tell you that this is the worst PC you will ever buy in your life and even though it looks cool it is a piece of junk that looks like it is not properly hooked up right and that it says it’s meant for gaming but it’s not. You maybe get 47 FPS at the max and like 15 FPS at the lowest. And I can’t return it which is fine by me because I can go and get a better PC that is actually meant for GAMING and I figured since I can’t return it I might as well write a review just to let everyone know not to buy it and to save people money on a good gaming PC. But this is just one out of hundreds of bad reviews I have seen so it should be common knowledge just not to get this PC EVER!!!

Dear Elijah,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We would like to work with you to get more insight on the concerns you described. If you may at your earliest convenience please do not hesitate to get in touch with our support agents; we're always happy to help.

(888)937-5582

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 8, 2018

So I bought a brand new computer from CyberPowerPC. I really didn't want to buy a pre-built computer but due to the graphics card prices and memory prices I decided to get a computer that was a prebuilt. It was a fair price cheaper than it would have been if I built it myself. Since I save some money on the actual build I thought why not let them overclock it for me and do their professional wiring. That was a complete waste of my money. The wiring Looks Like A Rat's Nest and they didn't even wire everything. For some reason they decided not to install any of the thermal sensors. The way they had the fan setup I actually had to take it apart myself so I could get proper airflow.

Not to mention that they're overclocking quote on quote an extra 10%. Is nothing more than the factory boost clock. It took two days with arguing with them on the phone before they finally said that I don't know anything about computers and that I was wrong, that they did overclock my machine even though I've sent them pictures of the BIOS and there is clearly no overclocking. They just use the auto settings. So if you're thinking about buying a computer from CyberPowerPC I don't recommend it. Unless you feel like taking your pre-built PC apart "that supposed to be ready to go" and fixing what they did.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding the overclock it appears we are refunding that service to you. feel free to email us directly with any questions or concerns you may have, you can always give us a call if you feel that is a better option.

SUPPORT:

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 6, 2018

AVOID CyberPowerPC! I bought my first one brand new and within a week the screen started freezing up. The only way to shut it down was to unplug it. When I plugged it back in it said "repairing C drive". Within an hour it was freezing up again. I contacted Cyberpower via email and it took them 3 days to answer. They wanted me to send it to them for repair. Are they crazy? It's BRAND NEW and they expected me to ship it from Iowa? I exchanged it for another brand new one thinking it couldn't happen twice. WRONG! 3 days and the same thing. Again I returned the Cyber-junk PC and exchanged it for a Brand Name one. Needless to say the new Name Brand is perfect and without issues. Bottomline: READ all the reviews on CyberPowerPC. The glass and the pretty little lights look cool and probably sells the PC but I'm here to tell you that this is nothing but junk in my opinion.

CyberPowerPC response

We're deeply sorry to hear you feel that way, Mike. We offered or warranty services to help address the issues you described but we understand you taking a different route. We do hope wish the best in your PC purchasing ventures.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 3, 2018

The worst company in the world. Super bad customer service experience, most of the agent are rude. They don't care what situation you have. Extremely slow working. I spend 50 bucks rush out fees (Leo promise me will ship my computer within 5 business days with rush out) and now 8-9 business days passed, still not receive any valid tracking number. They often lie to you without hesitate. (1) They told me my computer has been shipped on the morning or last night, and after 2 days they told me they will ship it tomorrow (Saturday) or next Monday. (2) They told me the tracking number doesn't work because UPS didn't print a label or scan it (UPS will scan package once they receive it), and after two days, they tell me the same thing. Potential chance receiving a un-usable computer (based on reviews of this website and BBB). Haven't prove yet since I am still waiting for them to ship it.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Our records indicate the item was shipped 3/2/2018. The tracking number was provided to you the day it was picked up by UPS. It takes about 24 hours for the tracking number to update and show all the necessary shipping information, however it does appear the PC was delivered 4 days later. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our agents a call.

(888)937-5582

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I will preface this by saying that I do believe that they offer their products at a fair price for what you get. CyberPowerPC is literally the worst customer service experience I have ever had from a company in my lifetime. When it came to receiving my computer when I ordered it 11 months ago, it took almost a month longer than they stated it would take. I was trying to be reasonable through the delays and get accurate times of when to expect my computer. Their customer service would occasionally respond and give me a date they expected to have the computer built, or a ship by date. Those days would come and go with no updates and it would take me several attempts to even get a response, which was always along the lines of, there was a delay, or we will ship it when it is done just wait.

Attempting to use their customer support is pointless. Their phone representatives are sarcastic and snippy and completely inflexible. When my computer finally did arrive, two of the hard drives weren't even plugged in and I had to spend half an hour of my own time figuring out the new case and plugging them in myself.

Fast forward to about 7 or 8 months in I started having all sorts of memory issues and blue screen errors. After dealing with it as it got progressively worse, a friend finally told me to run some memory tests, which resulted in thousands of errors. Ok so I had bad stick(s) of RAM, it happens. I contacted CyberPowerPC's customer support again, as I am still within my year warranty.

They promptly said they would replace the memory sticks, but only if I shipped them to them first. When I tried to tell them that they are very slow about shipping and spending 1-2 weeks without a computer while I ship them RAM and wait for them to ship it back is not an option. I use my computer for work daily and need to have one. They refused to budge on the policy. I even offered to leave a credit card on file or pay for the ram up front and be refunded, anything to avoid the 2-week period without a machine. However, their stellar customer support once again refused to budge, were sarcastic, snippy, and honestly couldn't care less about how their faulty product was going to disrupt my life.

I will NEVER order another product from this company again and intend to tell everyone I know or can reach out to do the same. In today's modern world where I would argue that many companies go TOO far in giving the customer everything they want, CyberPowerPC refuses to provide even basic simple treatment to its customers and genuinely does not care about them. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Dear Dan,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We offered what we can within our warranty policy to help get your issue addressed. If you have questions regarding our Warranty feel free to visit our site for more information or email us directly.

- Cyberpowerpc Support

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Just seeing all the negative customer service reviews is surprising to me. When I ordered my Laptop 2 years ago and it came in with the USB cracked on the outside from the shipping, The CyberPowerPC guys gladly took it back, fixed it and express shipped it to my TDY location free of charge! IT was fast and without a hassle. The website is not confusing at all. It starts off pretty much everything at base prices and lets you pick upgraded products based on your budget. The competitor iBuyPower is ridiculously overpriced compared to this site, and ExoticPC looks like a flee market with very limited support. It's about time for an upgrade for me and I will guarantee that I will buy a CYBERPOWERPC when I get the taxes back.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Worst computer I ever bought. The company is useless. Tried getting parts for my computer they said they don't carry them for their own computers. It's also been broke down more than it works. Also even before it was a year old liquid cooling system died. They would not replace it. Had to pay out of my pocket. So in my eyes 1 star is too many for this company.

Dear Mark,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We are a builder, the systems we sell are comprised of parts that are released to the public by their respective manufacturer. Our company sells all the parts needed for a PC and ships it to the buyer assembled for plug-n-play use. Our computers are also equipped with 1-year manufacturer warranty service, so if anything where to happen to the Pc this service helps address those concerns.

- CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I am severely disappointed with the quality of both the product and service. I chose to give this service a try because I didn't want to have to spend the time to build the system myself. I felt it would be worth the extra cost to pay for a professionally built system and not have to deal with shopping for and ordering all of the individual components.

Creating a build on the website is not user friendly and ends up being very time consuming for advanced customized systems. You have to start with one of their pre-builds and modify it accordingly. However, each pre-build has different options for upgrades/added components with different pricing that seems rather random. Trying to find the right pre-build with the right combination of upgrades took a very long time.

All of the add-on components are overpriced (generally 15-20% above market price). I assumed this was because a hidden cost was added for labor. I chose to use this service and accept the extra cost because I assumed I would be getting a professional-grade product. Sadly, such was not the case and I continue to find problems with this system. Including but not limited to:

Specific video card make/model was not specified during purchase (only the generic series of chipset). I am not happy with the specific model chosen and was never given a chance to accept or reject it. I paid for a professional CPU overclock. Upon receiving the system, I discovered the overclock profile was created but never applied. When applied, the computer crashes after 5 minutes. So, it was obviously done incorrectly and never bench tested. Money wasted on a falsely-advertised service.

When I received the system, the PSU was not mounted to the case and was just loose inside it. There was damage to both the case and the PSU from it sliding around during shipping. The wire management is atrocious. It looks like it was slapped together as quickly as possible with no consideration for future modification or troubleshooting.

The sound card drivers were never installed and, in trying to do so myself, I've discovered that the card is not compatible with this system. This was never indicated when building the system on the website and it should not have been an option. I was never notified before the unit shipped or given an option to refund/replace the component. So I was essentially duped into paying for a useless component. There is visible damage on the motherboard.

Even trying to resolve the simplest issue with tech support (refund the video card) has proven to be pointless. After 3 weeks of correspondence, I am told they can't even provide me with a quote for how much the card costs because it's not listed on the paperwork. I was told to contact sales to get the information (which I already tried doing before contacting tech support and got no response). Basically, I've just been sent in circles and my time continues to be wasted while I'm stuck with a sub-par product.

Needless to say, this was not at all what I expected when paying nearly $4k for a professionally built, high-end system. I've spent more time fixing problems created by obviously careless work and seemingly non-existent quality control just trying to get the system to function properly than I would have spent if I'd built the entire thing myself. This is not how a business should be run. I did not at all get the level of quality and service that I paid for. I feel robbed. I strongly advise all customers considering CP to just build a system yourself. You will save yourself money, time and great deal of hassle.

Dear James,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. Regarding the video card, we list options for specific brands of the GTX 1080 Ti, you happen to select the option where no brand was specified. We have been trying to get in touch with you for the past couple days, sadly that was been unsuccessful. Please feel free to return our call at your earliest convenience so we can help resolve this matter with you.

TECH SUPPORT:

CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Let me preface this review by saying that I would give this company 4.5 stars if I could, but due to just a few problems, I cannot justify a 5 star review. I ordered my $3,000 custom built computer from CyberPower at the end of December after much deliberation and testing of the different build options on their site. The site is not the easiest to navigate, nor is it very user friendly. Selecting different cases or cooling components might require changing all 3 of those things due to compatibility issues that are not clearly indicated until you get the prompt that the option you selected cannot be chosen.

Due to my debit card being lost in the mail for several months, I paid with a cashier's check (which the company's site lists as an acceptable form of payment); however, it took several calls to find out how exactly to indicate I was paying with the check because that was not listed as a payment option upon checkout. The solution was needlessly obtuse, but will likely not affect most people, and that is truthfully my biggest complaint. After that, things improved significantly. I mailed the check and received notification as soon as it arrived to the company, along with a delivery estimate. They updated me with the progress of the computer as it was being prepared. It was built and final inspection was passed with about a week and half to spare until it was estimated to ship.

It was shortly after this that I read other reviews online and learned that the generic power supplies CyberPower sells have a high tendency to fail, and are absolutely not recommended. It was my fault for not looking into this beforehand, and I understand the option should be there for people looking to save some money for a more budget-friendly build, but power supplies are arguably the most important aspect of a computer: if it fails, it can take the entire computer out with it. That said, I called immediately and was put in contact with the individual responsible for building my computer. He said that since they still had a week to wait for the check to clear, he could change the power supply for me, even though the computer was already built and prepared for shipping.

Once I received my computer, I noticed some minor damages to the case (likely a result of poor handling during shipping), but nothing immediately striking or unacceptable given its size. And I cannot necessarily fault CyberPower because this thing came in a very secure, double padded box. The computer was simple to set up (just connecting the wires for monitors and peripherals) and booted up into a usable state immediately. Windows did say that it was not activated properly for a few days, giving a prompt to buy a "legitimate" key from the Windows store, but I found it activated one day upon turning it on, and the CyberPower support was very helpful in troubleshooting the issue. I believe this is an issue with Microsoft itself rather than a fault of CyberPower, but I cannot say for certain.

After having this computer for almost a month, it works like a dream. It runs almost every game effortlessly at 60-144FPS on ultra settings in 1440p, but that will depend on the exact build you get. Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience and would highly recommend CyberPower for anyone looking to get a custom built machine for relatively cheaper than some competition (CyberPower has sales running basically all the time). My only recommendations would be to update the site to make it a little easier to navigate when choosing the components for the computer, and to make it clear how to pay with methods other than credit card or online vendors (such as PayPal). And whatever you do, do not buy the generic power supplies! Stick with a trusted name brand.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

This computer (Brand New Cyberpower GUA 510 "Gaming PC") is nothing at all as it was described to be. I paid 500 dollars for this to be an entry level gaming computer but, it has turned out to be nothing but a nightmare and money pit. The graphics card they use in it AMD R5 230 cannot support any AAA games. Had to put a new power supply and GPU in just to make it playable. I get many BIOS errors saying "Main BIOS has been Corrupted" "Rebooting from Back up BIOS". The side panel where they ran the original PU wires was bulged out from their poor wire management. It looks like a five year old slapped this thing together.

I get on their website and chat with a "Specialist" and told that I just need to buy another computer and could not answer anything about my PC. I was also told that they never heard of the GUA 510 and the site where I bought the computer from just made up that name. I am invested almost 1K into this thing now and don't know what I am supposed to do. If I knew that it was this much trouble I would have never bought one and stuck with HP.

Dear Clifford,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. The GUA510 is only sold within our official retailer sites. It does appear you have called in to speak to one of our support agents. We offered to bring in the PC for service, the PC is equipped with 1-year manufacturer warranty. If you do wish to make use of that service then please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Seems like everyone is having the same issue I am currently experiencing: I purchase 1890$ for Cyber Monday and was expected to receive it before Christmas... I called 2 weeks after and I am told that the shipping and billing address don't match... Which they do because I called American Express to add the shipping address to my card and I was guaranteed by Leo ** that I would receive my PC before Christmas... 3 days before Christmas just to be told that there was a back order and I needed to select a different motherboard. Obviously the computer did not arrive on time for Christmas and I had to leave the country for the holiday. So great, did not get to enjoy the PC before leaving.

During the setup and installation at my house the PC restarted at least 10 times in 1 hour. Wouldn't turn off and turn back on. It would just go black and restart again and again and again. Sometimes it would give a Bad_Pool_Caller Error. By this time I have already purchased several games (that I am not currently able to return) and accessories from Amazon (which they were kind enough to accept back. You GO Amazon!), so after several hours with CyberPower tech support on the phone they ask me to send it back for repair. I do, 2 weeks after I receive it back. GUESS WHAT! It still reboots every couple minutes.

I am angry at this time, CyberPower does not seem to know what the issue is. The IT from where I work decides to try and fix it. He thought it did. It still reboots. Now defeated I called CYBERPOWER to ask for a refund and THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING!!! YEAH RIGHT! I called American Express and disputed the charge and explained the situation, they agree with me and gave me my money back. CYBERPOWER still wants me to pay for the shipping of a dead PC, they won't do the right thing, their representatives are very disrespectful and don't care about helping you. This is a horrible company and a horrible purchase. I would not recommend it at all, save your money and your time. And by the way, the first mouse they sent me did not work and the McAfee Antivirus code does not work either.

Dear Hector,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding the initial shipping we shipped the items 2 day air with Saturday delivery, unfortunately UPS was unable to deliver it on schedule thus causing the package to pass the expected date. As for the current matter we have sent everything required to have your PC returned, please take a look at your email for those items.

- CyberpowerPc support

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Not only is their customer service slow, but they are terrible. Sent me a broken computer just to make me have to deal with the situation for months. Bought the computer in November and we are at the end of Jan and I still am not close to getting everything resolved. I had to use my own money to help resolve this issue when I got the computer damaged. Not recommended at all. There are far better companies to use with amazing customer service.

Dear Joseph,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Thank you for reaching out! Our computers are equipped with warranty services. We can go that route to have any issue the PC is experiencing addressed. If you may can you email us directly with more details, we would like to take a further look in to this matter.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Let me first off say that as a whole I genuinely do love the computer I purchased. However, I paid for a rush order but not all of the items arrived on time and when I called they informed me that they were on back order and said that they would be shipped on Monday which was several days away. Ok, no problem. A couple days is nothing to get feathers ruffled over. I can completely accept that.

Now they are saying it’s another week out from Monday. I was fairly upset mostly on the grounds that I paid 60 extra dollars to get things here extremely fast and yet now I will wait almost over two weeks to actually get the entire order to my home. They didn’t offer to refund any of it or anything like that. They basically just said, "You’re out of luck". Again I can look past this. I’m pretty agreeable but the customer service representative that I talked to was seriously such a **. So rude. So undermining. Just mean. The guy did not care at all about what I was trying to explain. I just came off combative as if I was personally attacking him but I just had simple questions.

He constantly cut me off and didn’t let me finish talking. I’ve never once got mad at a customer service rep because back when I was a kid just out of high school I worked at a call center for about four months. So I kind of understand the job and I know it’s hell. So I’m always very nice, but Jesus this guy was a jerk. Not only did he not diffuse the situation but he made it worse by constantly badgering me and attacking me as if it’s my fault that they have things on back order and again this isn’t the whole thing. The biggest point is that my PC came without the Windows operating system. The second I turn on my computer it says, "Activate Windows operating system" but I can’t without an activation number.

So I explained him what it was doing and he basically just told me to figure it out. Didn’t try to help with any solutions. Like he was just completely useless. I’m genuinely upset at that guy. 0/10 on customer service. I get better customer service when I pay a dollar at Wendy’s... You’d think when someone spends nearly 3 grand they’d at least attempt to be helpful.

Dear Trevor,

We're deeply sorry to hear of the inconvenience for the back-ordered monitor. It does appear the monitor was shipped the same day as your call. A digital license was installed on Windows, however, at the time of the call it appears you were not near the computer so it's a bit complicated to troubleshoot the matter. You are always welcome to give us a call back once near the PC if it still needs to be activated.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought a ~1400 dollar pc from Cyberpower. On their website they let me choose a motherboard that was incompatible with the offered processor. The processor was a FX 9590 that they let me choose with an Asrock 990 FX extreme 3. The TDP requirement on this processor is 220 TDP and the motherboard CANNOT handle this TDP so it does not run optimally. They would NOT understand this and kept sending the CPU back 2 times after I sent it in at my own cost. I'm not a computer engineer but even I understood the problem better than they did! They are greedy and refuse to fix anything correctly or just don't know how to. Please PLEASE do not buy anything from them because if you have a problem they will NOT fix it and will just be rude to you. Worst computer company in existence and that is a fact. Only buy if you are desperate and really believe their FAKE reviews on their website.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I ordered a PC from CyberPowerPC (I'm a previously happy customer) on Jan 4th of 2018. I got a update today that the PC has cleared the build process and is "assembled"! I emailed the sales agent back stating that I expect the video card that I ordered to be installed as their site now indicates a lower level card being offered. At the time of my order the offer was for a EVGA GTX 1070 Ti iCX and my order form indicates this. The new offering is a EVGA 1070 Ti ACX3.0 and that is not what I wanted. I got a response that "ALL iCX cards are not available" and am I OK with a ACX or can I choose a diff. card? I responded that I will take a EVGA 1070Ti FTW2 or a EVGA 1080 SC2 iCX. I have not heard back from them. I specified again in my email that I DO NOT want a ACX card and have not heard back.

However, the status of my order states that it is "assembled", how is that possible if the card was not available? Any time I have a question, and send a email, I get a response with less than 10 words that explains NOTHING! My account has already been charged over $2k and they tell me that the product that I ordered is not available!!! This is how CyberPowerPC keeps its customers happy and returning to buy again?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Bought my computer and it quit working after 2 weeks. CyberPowerPC had me send in the GPU and MADE me pay for shipping. I received new card and still broke. Had me send the whole computer in. I didn't receive it back until a month later. Turned it on and still the same problem, and they told me all they did was reinstall Windows, after telling me on the phone it was probably the motherboard. Now they want me to send it back again to "try" again. I'm not sending it back, they would not send me the motherboard to fix myself.

The kicker is the distributor said they would accept my return of the computer if it had the original box, well I did have it but when I sent it to CyberPowerPC they throw it away without my permission, and have refused to answer why they throw away without permission. Also it takes days upon days to get email responses, if they respond at all. Do yourself a favor and buy from a better know company and save yourself a 3 month and ongoing headache.

Dear Josh,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. The box is discarded as after various times of entering transit the box may loose durability which increases its chance of not fully protecting the PC during another transit.

- CyberPower Support

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I ordered a computer from Cyberpower in May of 2017. Shipping time was acceptable, quality of product was normal as far as computers go, and all components seemed to work fine. I installed a Elgato video capture device in the open PCI-E slot of the motherboard about a month after I set up the machine. I left that capture card in for a few months with everything working normally. I then decided to take the capture card out of my computer so I could give it to my son to install in his computer. When I went to remove the PCI-E capture card from the capture card slot, with minimal pressure, I noticed that it was locked in place. This is normal so I unlocked the tab that allows the removal of the card. This time when I pulled the card out of the slot, with minimal pressure mind you, the entire plastic PCI-E slot peeled off of the board leaving hundreds of tiny pins exposed and touching each other.

I have been building and installing computers for over 20 years. I own and run a local computer repair business in my area. I have never seen a plastic slot pull directly off of a motherboard. I used the absolute minimal effort to remove the card but the board was obviously defective and very poor quality. Now, because of the exposed pins, I cannot turn the computer back on without the possibility of shorting the entire PC. The board and computer are useless. I explained the entire situation to Cyberpower and they refused to honor their warranty. I was even going to make it super easy for them by having them ship me a new motherboard and I install it myself.

They flatly refused to do anything to help me and told me that was not their policy. Now I have a giant brick that is of no use to me. Do not buy from Cyberpower as they will not help you if something goes wrong. I spent $1500 on their computer. Since they buy their parts in huge bulk, a new board likely only costs them $50 if even that much. Move on to someone else. These folks are not worth your dollars. If I ran my business like they do, I would lose all my customers quickly.

Dear Phil,

We are deeply sorry to hear of this experience, unfortunately any physical damage done to the computer voids its warranty. While working inside the computer is perfectly fine, breaking one of the components doing so is not covered. Any information on our warranty can be found on our website as well. If you have any questions regarding that process you are always welcome to email us directly.

CustomerCare@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberPowerPc Support

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs