Baldwin Park, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

CyberPowerPC Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased my second PC from Cyberpowerpc this Black Friday. First one was bought on 2013 and still working. My review is going to break down in 2 parts: Product Review and buying suggestions.

1. The system is not perfect - in my cases. Both of mine had faulty hardware. To get them working, I had to replace the graphic card for the first PC and replace the memory for the second one. My point is, they will work with you and back up their product. I called them and explain what I think the problem is and how I diagnostic. They would take my words and start the RMA right away. Instead of shipping the whole system back to them. I can still have a workable PC during the RMA (assume you have the parts that works). Overall I am happy since I am getting what I paid and that brings to my second part.

2. Saving guild, for people who's looking to buy a new PC, I suggest you go their website to find a pre-build that's around your budget and start changing some core components: Motherboard, PSU, and memory are the most common parts they tend to use less reputable brands on. Spending some extra bucks to upgrade them will make the system more stable in a long run. Try to find "Free upgrades" to save. In my case. I saved from free upgrade from 9600 to 9700KF, ASUS ROG 2060 Super to 2070 Super. At the end, the system is slightly cheaper than if I purchase all the parts and build my own.

Their customer support is friendly and helpful. Wait time is around 3-5 minutes. They all have a really nice voice as well, big plus on that. The voice itself is worth the wait. Overall experience - Good and will recommend to friends.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My PC has functioned well for this first month that I have been in possession. I purchased the machine in late May and received it about one and a half weeks later because there had been extensive flooding all in the Mid-West + the holiday of Memorial Day Weekend. The box it came with was a great packing box for it had thick cardboard. The packing was quite tight so that nothing became loose or could get banged up. Setting the machine up was easy and started with no issues. It took a few hours to update and then I put several of my software selections. It runs word processing, spread sheets, and media presentations like a champ.

I could fly through several E-Books that I need and could multitask with many open programs without too much stress. It hung up only once this month due to an updating program that corrupted or what have you. I play only a handful of games but those all ran very well. The SSD hard drive with the system files in it really works well and seems to power up Windows easily. The amount of RAM, 8GB, seems to be enough; however, placing more in is an option and it came with a brochure for the motherboard which stated that one could double or triple the amount of RAM. I am satisfied with this multi-media/gaming PC and plan to keep it for many years.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Robert, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Waited a few months after getting my computer before writing review as I wanted to be sure it was solid, but I got a very high end custom package and it has performed extremely well. For a price that was about $1500 less than I could find for an equivalent system from anywhere else, and I did quite a bit of looking. I was considering building computer myself but with a couple really good deals it was actually slightly less money to get CyberPowerPC to build the system for me. I was a little nervous as I had read a few reviews of incorrect components and fans not properly mounted but the good outweighed the bad so I went ahead and made the purchase. Threadripper processors were still pretty new and were having a lot of stability issues but my system starts right up (in like 5 seconds) every time and rips through complex gaming like Endless Space 2 or video editing like a champ.

Some reviewers stated they did not receive the components they ordered but I double-checked everything and got exactly what I paid for, and they even threw in a really nice LED mechanical keyboard and gaming headset as a bonus. They did a great job with the wiring, everything was mounted properly, and with the LEDs on motherboard, RAM sticks, and my power wires this thing is beautiful (added bonus: my cat loves to sit under the computer desk and watch the lights). Took a bit longer to put together than estimated but that's a standard number they give you and I added a few extras so I didn't feel that the extra week to get it was unreasonable at all. The only issue I've had is that the computer doesn't really go to sleep. it basically just shuts down but that's apparently an issue with first run of Threadripper chipsets and probably not due to any mistake in the build and since it starts up so fast it hasn't been a concern at all. Two thumbs up!

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Benjamin, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I've been searching for a new computer for some time. My criteria included: fast processor using newest processor (within reasonable pricing), at least 12 GB of fast memory, large buffers, great video card with at least 4GB. Plenty of cooling, 2TB hard drive and good-sized SSD, plus plenty of USB ports. Well the CyberPowerPC model I purchased satisfied all my requirements for under $900. It came with an AMD Ryzen 7 7200 processor clocked at 3.4GHz and 16 GB memory with a Radeon RX 580 Series video card, a 2 TB hard Drive and 240 GB SSD.

On the downside. I'm not loving the AMD storage technology that uses the SSD as a high-speed buffer for the slower 2TB drive. I like to control storage my way with my priorities. The next is that I miss a DVD writer so I had to purchase an outboard unit. Yes I still have games, data, music, and programs on disk. I also miss a media reader. I have several cameras and like the convenience of a media reader to upload my photos to Cloud or local storage. Overall, I like what I got and would do it again.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi John, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Hello viewer, I'm going to make this short and sweet, I'm semi-enthusiastic with computers, but I don't have the income to try and build my own units, so I bought my first computer through CPC also known as CyberPowerPC about 8 years ago now, I ordered my first computer through there and I gotta say this company does it right. My computer arrived within a week from my order at no additional cost. I received everything I wanted from their extensive warehouse in perfect condition pre-set up. Anytime I had an issue like I couldn't find my windows key to enter into the system at the time, and I got a fast responsive, patient native English speaking personnel who helped me easy find it.

I've had another issue where I thought I somehow ruined my computer but turns out it was a faulty ram card! The person I talked to was a great help, even if you aren't good with computers I guarantee it would be easy, understandable and fast! I've spent 8 years supporting this company and I'll continue to do so, I've got to say this is one of the best decision I've made in my life, and I hope one day I can work for such an amazing company. I know I may have lost my train of thought there but I'm sure you got the point. If you are looking for a decent, well priced, expertly put together computer for any need. This is the company I will recommend to anyone! Make the right decision and invest in CyberPower, It'll be the best decision you've made if you don't build your own computers!

Hi Cory,

CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your system. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

This was my first time buying a gaming PC and I cannot be happier. I bought a pre-built system that was ready to go and it was here in two days! So excited I carefully took my time to set it up and now that it is running I love it. So silent and so smooth. I had a few questions and so I used the email service as they weren't major issues. They replied to me quickly and helped me a lot. It is no-ice to have support that understand and are willing to help you get past your nerves about your new awesome PC. All I know is if their awesome support continues I am definitely buying my next PC from them as well.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

As far as the product, very highly satisfied. Runs like a dream. Or did before it recently needed repairs. 5 stars for product. My younger brother recommended them to me after he bought a computer from them, and if it were just for the product, I would definitely buy again and recommend them highly to friends and family. However, that is not the case.

Service is a different animal. 1 star for service. A table collapsed holding the CPU. Damage was not directly caused by me. It was unforeseeable. It's been less than a year since I bought the computer. I was unable to see if the computer communicated with my TV immediately since I didn't have a stand and the landlord didn't want me to mount it to the wall, so once I got a stand, I tried to get the CPU to communicate with the TV. The CPU turned on and the TV turned on, but they did not communicate with one another.

At first, they told me labor would be free, but I would have to pay for the parts. Later they changed their minds and said they would refuse to repair it altogether, that I would have to go to a local shop to repair it. They said the warranty does not cover any hardware damage, not even acts of God or natural disasters, only software damage. My grandmother paid approximately $1,800 for this computer for me. It had two 8 GB video cards that went bad from this fall. I was forced to replace it with one 8 GB because I decided I did not need nor can afford a second 8 GB at this time.

Unless their customer service improves, I am absolutely buying without a shadow of a doubt from a different company the next time I need another computer. The customer service I have received from the company I bought my laptop from FAR exceeds this company. If I had purchased the CPU from that company, they would have replaced the video cards, no questions asked.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Well I selected NO Rush to purchase my second computer from you. It took 4 weeks then 4 days on the slowest ground shipping I have ever seen. When it arrived it was DOA. Corsair liquid cooling system that I paid extra for not working and computer shutting down within 30 seconds. I call the office and get left on hold until closing time passed and then promptly have the call disconnected. Forced to wait until Saturday to talk to someone.

My options were 1. Ship the whole thing back and wait another 3 weeks for it. 2. Purchase the exact part that failed myself and install it except no one could tell me what I would be reimbursed. 3. Have the failed part shipped to me while placing another hold on my credit card until I shipped the old one back at my cost. So set it up to ship it back. Get an email it will take two days to send the shipper. It's now been 2 days and no shipper to be found so I can drop the thing off at UPS.

To top it off I am told they will send me a "headset" for the inconvenience. I am sure it will be better than the $200 Corsair head set I already have. Paid Extra for pro wiring, extra for making sure it is safe for shipping (Which you should already do) and a warranty. And 5 weeks later I still have a dead computer sitting on the floor of my house waiting for a UPS shipper. I am getting charged interest on my credit card for a product that was delivered broken and doesn't work. Best part is no one there seems to care.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I bought a Cyberpowerpc desktop gaming PC. Amazing!!! PC everything runs smoothie and amazing. Windows 10 and Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHZ 8GB DDRA memory and Radeon RX 580 8GB 240GB SSD & 2TB HDD. Go and get yours!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

PC came damaged from the warehouse. The shipping boxes and Styrofoam were in perfect condition so for sure this was shipped damaged and approved by the "highly qualified quality control" dept. Talked to customer service (Chad) and he said that I need to pay shipping for both side and it will take another 6 weeks to get the computer back. Asked to speak to manager or anyone else - he said he is the only one, he is the manager. I asked to speak to someone in the refund dept., Chad said they are all at lunch from 12-2 so they will call after lunch but before end of the day. Let's see. Buyer beware - looks like this is small greedy company that sells you products from getting used parts from different computers and assembling it for you.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team