Baldwin Park, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

CyberPowerPC Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased my second PC from Cyberpowerpc this Black Friday. First one was bought on 2013 and still working. My review is going to break down in 2 parts: Product Review and buying suggestions.

1. The system is not perfect - in my cases. Both of mine had faulty hardware. To get them working, I had to replace the graphic card for the first PC and replace the memory for the second one. My point is, they will work with you and back up their product. I called them and explain what I think the problem is and how I diagnostic. They would take my words and start the RMA right away. Instead of shipping the whole system back to them. I can still have a workable PC during the RMA (assume you have the parts that works). Overall I am happy since I am getting what I paid and that brings to my second part.

2. Saving guild, for people who's looking to buy a new PC, I suggest you go their website to find a pre-build that's around your budget and start changing some core components: Motherboard, PSU, and memory are the most common parts they tend to use less reputable brands on. Spending some extra bucks to upgrade them will make the system more stable in a long run. Try to find "Free upgrades" to save. In my case. I saved from free upgrade from 9600 to 9700KF, ASUS ROG 2060 Super to 2070 Super. At the end, the system is slightly cheaper than if I purchase all the parts and build my own.

Their customer support is friendly and helpful. Wait time is around 3-5 minutes. They all have a really nice voice as well, big plus on that. The voice itself is worth the wait. Overall experience - Good and will recommend to friends.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My PC has functioned well for this first month that I have been in possession. I purchased the machine in late May and received it about one and a half weeks later because there had been extensive flooding all in the Mid-West + the holiday of Memorial Day Weekend. The box it came with was a great packing box for it had thick cardboard. The packing was quite tight so that nothing became loose or could get banged up. Setting the machine up was easy and started with no issues. It took a few hours to update and then I put several of my software selections. It runs word processing, spread sheets, and media presentations like a champ.

I could fly through several E-Books that I need and could multitask with many open programs without too much stress. It hung up only once this month due to an updating program that corrupted or what have you. I play only a handful of games but those all ran very well. The SSD hard drive with the system files in it really works well and seems to power up Windows easily. The amount of RAM, 8GB, seems to be enough; however, placing more in is an option and it came with a brochure for the motherboard which stated that one could double or triple the amount of RAM. I am satisfied with this multi-media/gaming PC and plan to keep it for many years.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Robert, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Waited a few months after getting my computer before writing review as I wanted to be sure it was solid, but I got a very high end custom package and it has performed extremely well. For a price that was about $1500 less than I could find for an equivalent system from anywhere else, and I did quite a bit of looking. I was considering building computer myself but with a couple really good deals it was actually slightly less money to get CyberPowerPC to build the system for me. I was a little nervous as I had read a few reviews of incorrect components and fans not properly mounted but the good outweighed the bad so I went ahead and made the purchase. Threadripper processors were still pretty new and were having a lot of stability issues but my system starts right up (in like 5 seconds) every time and rips through complex gaming like Endless Space 2 or video editing like a champ.

Some reviewers stated they did not receive the components they ordered but I double-checked everything and got exactly what I paid for, and they even threw in a really nice LED mechanical keyboard and gaming headset as a bonus. They did a great job with the wiring, everything was mounted properly, and with the LEDs on motherboard, RAM sticks, and my power wires this thing is beautiful (added bonus: my cat loves to sit under the computer desk and watch the lights). Took a bit longer to put together than estimated but that's a standard number they give you and I added a few extras so I didn't feel that the extra week to get it was unreasonable at all. The only issue I've had is that the computer doesn't really go to sleep. it basically just shuts down but that's apparently an issue with first run of Threadripper chipsets and probably not due to any mistake in the build and since it starts up so fast it hasn't been a concern at all. Two thumbs up!

CyberPowerPC response

Hi Benjamin, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I've been searching for a new computer for some time. My criteria included: fast processor using newest processor (within reasonable pricing), at least 12 GB of fast memory, large buffers, great video card with at least 4GB. Plenty of cooling, 2TB hard drive and good-sized SSD, plus plenty of USB ports. Well the CyberPowerPC model I purchased satisfied all my requirements for under $900. It came with an AMD Ryzen 7 7200 processor clocked at 3.4GHz and 16 GB memory with a Radeon RX 580 Series video card, a 2 TB hard Drive and 240 GB SSD.

On the downside. I'm not loving the AMD storage technology that uses the SSD as a high-speed buffer for the slower 2TB drive. I like to control storage my way with my priorities. The next is that I miss a DVD writer so I had to purchase an outboard unit. Yes I still have games, data, music, and programs on disk. I also miss a media reader. I have several cameras and like the convenience of a media reader to upload my photos to Cloud or local storage. Overall, I like what I got and would do it again.

CyberPowerPC response

Hi John, CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Hello viewer, I'm going to make this short and sweet, I'm semi-enthusiastic with computers, but I don't have the income to try and build my own units, so I bought my first computer through CPC also known as CyberPowerPC about 8 years ago now, I ordered my first computer through there and I gotta say this company does it right. My computer arrived within a week from my order at no additional cost. I received everything I wanted from their extensive warehouse in perfect condition pre-set up. Anytime I had an issue like I couldn't find my windows key to enter into the system at the time, and I got a fast responsive, patient native English speaking personnel who helped me easy find it.

I've had another issue where I thought I somehow ruined my computer but turns out it was a faulty ram card! The person I talked to was a great help, even if you aren't good with computers I guarantee it would be easy, understandable and fast! I've spent 8 years supporting this company and I'll continue to do so, I've got to say this is one of the best decision I've made in my life, and I hope one day I can work for such an amazing company. I know I may have lost my train of thought there but I'm sure you got the point. If you are looking for a decent, well priced, expertly put together computer for any need. This is the company I will recommend to anyone! Make the right decision and invest in CyberPower, It'll be the best decision you've made if you don't build your own computers!

Hi Cory,

CyberPowerPC would like to thank you for your 5-star review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your system. We look forward to doing business with you on your next PC purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: March 28, 2020

They took care of the product from the day I bought it to the day I received it, it was packaged nicely, easy to open and use. I would buy another one if it came to it but my pc is working great still a year later. Very good buys for long term gaming.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I purchased this as a video/photo editing and gaming laptop about 2 years ago. I also have a custom CyberPower gaming/editing PC which performs well, so I figured I'd get a laptop when I needed a new one... BIG MISTAKE. Here are the issues that I've found:

1. The battery... OMG the battery! On a full charge, it lasts LESS THAN 1 HOUR of regular web-browsing use and even LESS for editing for gaming! It's unusable and defeats half the purpose of getting a laptop if I have to keep it plugged in all the time. I sent it in for repairs thinking it was a faulty battery, but tech support told me that's NORMAL! I asked if I could upgrade the battery or just tell me how to replace it through a 3rd party and they refused to give me ANY info and told me it's not possible. My 2009 Macbook is over 10 years old and the battery lasts 3x longer than this one! It's likely the worst bare-bones borderline scam battery in existence!

Here's an actual quote from tech support in an email I received: "This laptop's charging and discharging system seems working properly unfortunately the battery life is normal for this laptop series. When just simply turn on the system and let it stay on idle in Windows, the battery can last more than 2 hours. But, when playing games or heavy programs the battery can only last for one hour. There's nothing that we could do so far. But we will fix the audio issue for you."

2. A laughably out-of-date audio driver that looks like it was made in the early 2000s. It's buggy and audio glitches happen on occasion. The headphone jack also didn't work and I had to send it in for repairs. When purchasing, they made all features sound like they were the latest and greatest. I didn't assume I'd have to deep research every possible feature to make sure they weren't trying to skimp me on them.

3. I got a very nice 17" super HD screen, but the way it's set up is weird. At default resolution, it looks great, but everything is way too small. It comes at 125% zoomed resolution, so everything looks more pixelated... THAT DEFEATS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF A SUPER HD SCREEN!

4. Every time I attempt to create a new folder, the computer freezes for about 10 seconds and I hear the fans whirring like it's processing something huge. I have no idea what that issue is, but I don't like it.

5. The track pad is slow, inaccurate, and clunky.

6. This laptop has a better graphics card and processor than my PC and equal amounts of ram. Despite optimizing exporting options for both PC's they are equal speed when exporting the same project... Half the reason I got this laptop was to be able to export projects faster, but despite paying for better systems, it performs the same... Not happy.

7. If you want to get inside the laptop to plug in an internal hard drive, you have to unscrew SEVENTEEN SCREWS!!! Why in God's name does the case need to be held together with SEVENTEEN screws?!? You could accomplish the same thing with 8 and it would be plenty secure.

Positives: It looks cool, it plays games well, still edits okay, but none of these even remotely begin to make up for it's flaws. The most unfortunate thing is that most of these issues took time to develop or put my finger on, so by that time it was too late to return. I will NEVER product from Cyberpower ever again and will relentless let every person who will listen not to buy their borderline scam products. I wish I could return this hunk of junk and spend the extra money to buy a nice laptop with a good battery, great screen, and good quality components that run well together.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Prebuilt Cyberpower. Order it on a semi good deal. Came in 2 days which was super amazing and easy. Came with other goodies as well. Overall on graphically demanding games this pc was actually keeping up. Simpler games such as Fortnite and CS:GO were flying in the mid to high 200 fps. Cable management was really slick and mostly clean. Only really downfall is that parts aren't sold separately so if something happens you'd need to call and go through a process with some techs rather than doing it yourself. Overall in my opinion for its price I'd say A-, B+.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

25 Sept. 2019 – Received new computer and upon unpacking found that the wrong pump/reservoir had been installed in the liquid cooling system. Also my install instructions had been ignored. The instructions were to top mount the rad. with the fans to exhaust and the additional fans bottom mounted for intake. The radiator was side mounted with fans to intake and the additional fans were top mounted also to intake. I had paid an additional $39 for “professional wiring” but the cable management was nonexistent with combs not in use and the fans not plugged into the fan header on the MB but into the PS so they ran at full speed all the time. I called CyberPower and was told that the pump/res was an upgrade at no charge and the install issues could not be helped.

26 Sept. The system was first booted then crashed and restarted while trying to download software. After the restart the system worked fine and the several hours of downloads were completed. When I attempted to shut down the computer Windows closed but the fans and pump continued to run, only turning off the power supply worked. The tech department sent a fix for the shut down [windows config.] but could not help on the crash/reboot.

05 Oct. The Seagate 2TB HDD failed. After prolonged email trouble shooting an RA requested for the HDD. 31 Oct. New drive received and installed.
      04 Nov. The system shut down due to overheat caused by pump failure. When I researched the “pump/res no cost upgrade” I discovered that the Ion pump was a failure discontinued by XSPC the previous year. There are numerous posts about the Ion system failing. I had ordered the XSPC D5 pump/res.
      06 Nov. Tech support stated that a review of my case was done and if I sent back the PC the D5 pump/res. ordered would be installed and all other problems fixed. 07 Nov. RMA issued. 08 Nov. the computer was shipped in original packing at a cost of $96. 14 Nov. Acknowledgement of receipt at CyberPowerPC

19 Nov. UPS shipping notice from CyberPowerPC.

26 Nov. Computer received not in original packing. “Suspension Package” failed allowing the computer to move in the box and impacted hard enough to break through the cardboard at on corner. After unpacking it was immediately noticed that another Ion pump/res. had been installed not the D5 ordered and paid for. The system was booted and it immediately crashed and restarted just like before. The D drive (Seagate 2TB) and the Optane were “not found”.

02 Dec. After many emails with photos attached a prepaid return shipping label was issued by CyberPowerPC. Computer is sent with an additional $20 of packing material to replace failed suspension system. 10 Dec. Computer arrives at CyberPowerPC. 11 Dec. Tech Support assures that all problems would be fixed, the D5 pump/res would be installed, and the LianLi case damaged when the package failed would be replaced. 17 Jan. 2020 An email was sent to the tech support agent who had been handling this to check on progress. No reply. 19 Jan. An email sent to CyberPowerPC in general seeking answers.

20 Jan. Received a reply from RMS Status stating that the D5 was backordered and not currently available. 22 Jan. It was brought to RMA Status attention that the same D5 XSPC system that I had ordered and paid for was available for new builds on the website and this had been verified by a phone call to the sales department. 23 Jan. RMA Status replies that the system is back in stock and the service team is moving forward, and to expect an email with tracking info. 23 Jan. An hour later email received that the Ion system was in stock, not the D5. Sales department still shows the D5 as available. 23 Jan. The XSPC D5 was found at five internet stores including Amazon and Newegg. RMA Status replies that they receive directly from manufacturer and it is backordered.

28 Jan. email received from RMA Status asking if I would consider a ThermalTake D5 pump/res. I said fine. 30 Jan. RMA Status informs that there will be an $80 up charge. I reply that this is ridiculous as the ThermalTake D5 was the same price or slightly cheaper than the XSPC. I was told that the entire system had to be replaced because everything is serial numbered and the pump/res. could not be removed from a full kit. The kit he referred to was a “ThermalTake 240mm slim D5 PETG LCS Kit” and that he could reduce the price to $40.

03 Feb. I agreed to pay the additional $40 as the ThermalTake kit offered was a hard line kit and was more expensive. 17 Feb. Received the computer. Upon unpacking it was found that 2 of the 4 dust filter screens for the case were missing. Then I noticed that the ThermalTake D5 pump/res. was installed but the XSPC radiator, block, and flex tubing were still in the system. According to RMA Status a kit could not be split apart and I had to pay for a full different system. Windows still crashes and reboots like before. 19 Feb. RMA Status agrees to send filter screens and ignores the fact that Windows still crashes and the entire cooling system was not changed even though the included invoice shows a ThermalTake 240mm Slim D5 PETG LCS kit was installed.

In summary; five months after spending well over $3000 I still do not have a fully functional computer system. I have talked to several people by phone in the sales department, emailed with five different tech support personal and one RMA Status person. I was promised on at least three occasions that all problems would be fixed and what I had ordered and paid for would be installed. I have been lied to on numerous occasions by the sales department and the service/ tech department. This computer has crossed the country three times and spent just shy of three months at the CyberPowerPC service department. This is such a disappointment because in 2012 I spent about the same amount at CyberPowerPC, received what I had ordered, and had early problems fixed without issue.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

This was my first time buying a gaming PC and I cannot be happier. I bought a pre-built system that was ready to go and it was here in two days! So excited I carefully took my time to set it up and now that it is running I love it. So silent and so smooth. I had a few questions and so I used the email service as they weren't major issues. They replied to me quickly and helped me a lot. It is no-ice to have support that understand and are willing to help you get past your nerves about your new awesome PC. All I know is if their awesome support continues I am definitely buying my next PC from them as well.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team