1.64/5
Based on 80 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Baldwin Park, CA

284 CyberPowerPC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

Over the years, I have ordered 3 PC's from CyberpowerPC. The first two, I had no problems with at all. Everything came in a timely fashion, support for friendly and helpful, and the experience was great. This latest experience, however, leaves me very disappointed with the company. I ordered my PC on May 7th, 2018. It did not ship out until May 22, 2018. That is fine, as I did not pay for rush shipping. When I was finally home at a time in which it was delivered, I opened the box and found that the tempered glass side of the case had shattered. Had it not been wrapped in plastic, I would still be cleaning up glass off my floor today.

I took pictures of the damage and called tech support to ask for RMA. The support representative told me to unwrap the PC, and just vacuum up the glass off my floor and that they would send me another glass side. Really?! Are you serious? He told me he was very serious in a snarky tone. When I tried to explain to him that glass shards where inside the case and components and that I did not trust that none of said components were not affected by the glass, he said he would not do an RMA for me nonetheless. When I asked to speak to his manager, he simply put me on hold for 15 or 20 minutes.

I hung up and called back again, and this time, I spoke with Victor. Very good person to work with. I explained what had happened and what the other technician told me to do, to which Victor advised me NOT to take the PC out because of the glass. I took the pictures I had taken of the damage, emailed them to Victor and he promptly emailed me an RMA shipping label. I mailed by PC back the same day I had gotten it.

The returned PC arrived back at CyberpowerPC on June 4th and did not ship back to me until June 15th. Again, that is no problem. When I opened the box, I found the PC intact. However, I could hear rattling in the case. I took off the glass side and saw pieces of glass still inside the case. I realized at that moment that the exact same case in which the glass broke was used again and sent back to me for the RMA. Even now, there are pieces of glass that are still rattling around in the case and some fall out from time to time when I took the fixed machine out of the box.

This is not exactly what I would call a customer focused move on CyberpowerPC's part. I understand you have to save costs, but to send me back the same case, especially without cleaning it completely first, is wrong. I decided it best to just live with it and use the PC, as they obviously do not care enough to even replace the case with a new one. I don't know what has become of Cyberpower over the last 5 to 8 years, but something has changed, and not for the better. I doubt they care or will try to do anything to make this right, but at least I can let others know of this and hope they think very carefully before buying from CyberpowerPC. The service levels and customer empathy are not what the once were.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased a desktop computer that I customized. I paid for additional packaging to protect it. It took about 5 weeks from placing the order to receive the machine. When I received it two fans were loose and one of the features did not work. Tech support could not help and I had to send it back. I was told it would be "fast tracked." I sent it back. I received it back more than a month after sending it to them. They worked on something that wasn't even a problem when I had it and did not take care of what was wrong with it. When I called tech support they told me I would have to send it back again and that it would probably take the same amount of time.

At this point I was disgusted with their quality control so I asked for a refund. They agreed but said I would have to pay for return shipping and that condition was in their purchase agreement. 'Return shipping by ground the cheapest way cost me $204 because it came in two heavy packages. I argued that I was returning it through no fault of mine but because of their poor quality control. That was not good enough. I warn you that their prices look good but they are terrible to deal with.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. We do offer warranty repair, we are more than happy to help address the issues and concerns you are experiencing with the PC. Feel free to give us a call i you wish to proceed with that process.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been working to get this thing up to speed for months. First off, it didn't come WiFi ready. Who ships a computer in this day and age that isn't WiFi ready? I have a $300 laptop that came out of the box ready to go, and the graphics are nearly as good. I've never felt so stolen from in my life. Avoid.

Dear Glen,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. All our PCs are custom made so there is an option to request Wifi as many people prefer hardware for gaming as its faster and provides a secure connection. If you have any concerns then please do not hesitate to give our support agents a call.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2018

First pre built computer bought ever. I work from home and use it all the time. The power supply goes out. So I call to get it replaced under warranty. They want me to send back the old PSU for a new one. That would put me out of work for 6+ days. So they said they could send me a new one first but, I had to pay for it on hold. I paid 3 thousand dollars for this computer and work from it. They cannot afford to overnight (full warranty) a new PSU to me so I can send the old one back? Makes no sense and costing me money. And to find out the PSU is not even what was supposed to be in the computer I bought per my order.

Dear James,

We are sorry to hear of your experience. There does seem to be some confusion regarding our warranty, we only have one type of warranty coverage for our desktops and it does not cover shipping, that includes overnight. Our warranty covers parts and labor and all that info is publicly available on our website. Various options to replace the item have been provide, Do not hesitate to give our support agents a call for more info.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: June 2, 2018

You need to understand the industry to appreciate CyberPowerPC. I ordered a Ryzen 7 configuration with a RX 580 8GB, 16gb ram 1tb HDD. I ordered rush with 3 day shipping which cost me an extra 100 bucks but I was excited so worth it right? Got my PC in 5 business days which was pretty fast for a custom build. Turned it on and boom artifacting (green and purple lines) on the BIOS. Popped in my old GTX 950 and the artifacting went away. Called tech support. The guy talked to me, understood and set up an RMA. They didn't offer to pay for shipping which honestly was okay with me because I wanted 2 day shipping with insurance (cost me $20 at the post office). After sending it in I realized that the price on the Vega 56 just dropped which they did not offer. So I called customer service and while the guy sounded a little cranky he changed my RMA to a refund instead of replace.

Here is why this wasn't a bad experience for me: The price. I paid just about the same price as I would to assemble myself but didn't have to worry about cable management or any of that jazz. Broken component. On average regardless of team red or team blue (AMD vs the overpriced overhyped nonsense) 1 out of every 5 GPUs will have bad memory or break in shipping. This is normal. I've built many PCs myself and had 1 dead Motherboard and a dead 980 TI. The price was fair. Customer service for a team that probably gets yelled at by entitled jerks all the time was pretty good. If you're getting into gaming into the high end Performance PC customer order world you need to have realistic expectations for companies that don't have much of an up-charge for their product. Or build it yourself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CyberPowerPC?

Original review: June 1, 2018

They are such a horrible company! They put the wrong things in my computer and keep running me around in circles. Bought a $3,000 custom built computer and they had my hard drive bouncing around, gave me wrong DDR5 ram (ordered 3000mhz and got 2400mhz instead), wrong fans, horrible wiring job and didn't perform a overclocking as purchased and said they can't refund me on it due to it is a service but not done. Also had me waiting for a my motherboard to come in and didn't call me or contact me to let me know. I had to call 3 times to get something done. Keep calling and they won't give me a supervisor or manager. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2018

Ordered a new gaming laptop in late April on one of their sales - seemed like an amazing bargain. Didn't spring for rush processing because, hey, I'm a patient guy, and 50 bucks is 50 bucks. They warned me that the ship lag could be as long as 15 business days. Fine, I'm a patient guy. Well, 15 business days rolls around with no communication from them. Checking my order status, parts haven't even arrived at the warehouse yet. So I get hold of customer service, and they tell me in a short, clipped message they're experiencing a lot of rush orders so mine got pushed back, but it should ship out no later than the following Friday. That's irritating, and it would have been really nice to know without having to wait for an hour to talk to a representative, but fine, whatever.

The following Friday rolls around and, surprise surprise, still no updates on my order. So I sit on hold for ANOTHER hour and this time talk to a supervisor. Apparently 2 of the parts required for my build were back ordered, and instead of telling me about it, they just let me swing in the wind. In the time between NOT building my order and me calling them, they may have run out of the base laptop, as well. (When I left it on Friday, the supervisor was going to "make some calls.") Additionally, the Amazon payments link I used to provide payment had expired by this point! When were they planning on informing me of that?

All of this could have been resolved with one of their trademark short, clipped messages saying "We are out of parts X and Y. Would you like to swap them out? Give us a call." Instead, they let it sit and waited for me to get irritated before making any effort to resolve the situation. At this point, if I'm told the base model is out of stock on Tuesday I'll be cancelling my order. You might run across one of their sales and think "Hey, I can save a couple hundred bucks on a great machine!" Don't do it. Spring extra to patronize a company with an acceptable level of customer service discipline.

Dear Nicholas,

We are deeply sorry to hear of the inconvenience. Any delays are informed via the online order status. We understand you have opted to cancel the order, we wish you best of luck on your PC purchasing ventures.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought what I would consider a medium-powered GTX1060 custom gaming PC from this company, and I am beyond happy with what I received. If you scan reviews for this company, you're going to get a lot, a LOT of bad to complete hellish nightmares. I think a lot of this comes from one of two places: 1) people who don't actually build their own PCs and so don't know how to QA their stuff when they receive it (because yes, it might come damaged from the shipping), and 2) people with SOME idea of what they're doing, but go way overpowered in some area and cut back in another crucial yet less flashy area (e.g. the PSU).

I received the PC, I immediately checked to make sure everything on the packing slip was exactly as I ordered, because that was the content of a lot of bad reviews. Everything was exactly as I had asked for. Then, I did a physical check of all the pieces. One of the back screws was loose, which could have happened in shipping, and the SSD tray had slipped on one side, also could have happened in shipping. You'll see people give CyberPowerPC a one star review with would-not-recommend for something like this because they think it's shoddy craftsmanship.

Had it for a week now, and no issues like the insides just exploding, water cooling erupting everywhere, or the fans fizzling out. Probably because I went with a reasonable i5 processor, a middle of the road hard drive set up (one 125GB SSD, one 2TB HDD), and a 6 vRAM GTX1060 -- all cutbacks in order to afford a well reviewed 600 watt Thermaltake PSU, Cool Master water cooling, and above-average fans.

Do your research and you won't have any issues. That is, check reviews for parts on Newegg, double check your build once it arrives, and DO NOT SKIMP OUT ON IMPORTANT PARTS THAT ARE LESS "SHINY" THAN THINGS LIKE THE GRAPHICS CARDS AND PROCESSORS. No duh you had a melt-down if you went with the generic brand 300 watt PSU and one crappy fan and expected it to run a 1080 and i9 processor!!

My only two complaints would be: 1) The time it took. Shipped after their promised 12 to 15 business day window. I tried to e-mail the project manager to see what was up, got no reply. But hey, it got here and works wonderfully so no real complaints, I guess. 2) The GTX1060 card I got has only ONE DVI and ONE HDMI port, so multi-monitoring while also having something like an Oculus is ruled out without a switch box. This was my own fault as I could have picked a part that had more ports. Either way, if you know what you're doing, and have a month or more to wait for your build, you can feel safe ordering a custom PC from these guys. I could have built it myself, but with GPU prices the way they are and really not wanting to take the time to do it, this was a great affordable choice.

Original review: May 26, 2018

This company is a joke. I am so happy that I purchased my PC through Costco because if I purchased it through CyberPowerPC directly It would be a total loss. What happened is I ordered a new PC April 2018 and when it arrived the hard drive was dead on arrival. So I contacted CyberPowerPC and verified over the phone that the hard drive is bad and told me to send it back to them.

First off they will not give you a return label or package to send to the item you must to package it yourself and pay for the shipping which they will not reimburse. I find this unacceptable since The computer was brand new and under warranty. Once received CyberPowerPC contacted me and told me that the hard drive was not packaged correctly and damaged during shipment. They would not honor the return. Since I purchased it at Costco I had the ability to return the PC for a full refund since it was within the 90 day return policy.

After being treated unfairly by CyberPowerPC and to boot they were rude on the phone. Costco stepped in and took care of everything. They told me I could return the PC for full refund or to make me happy they gave me a credit for the damaged part so I could get another one without having to deal with CyberPowerPC again. I would never buy another computer through CyberPowerPC again unless purchased through Costco. Do not buy direct. You will be Very dissatisfied. The new hard drive was only $80 and I hope it was worth it for CyberPowerPC to lose me as a customer forever. Costco is the best. They have never let me down.

Dear Ben,

We are sincerely sorry to hear of your experience. There seems to be some confusion regarding the warranty, CyberpowerPC's warranty does not cover shipping. The warranty as stated publicly on our website covers parts and labor. Any item that arrives damaged physically through improper treatment or packaging is not covered under warranty. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to give our support team a call.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I will start this description from the day I received the PC another from order because my order interaction was just online. But some background first. I used to be a product development engineer for another brand 7 years ago and understand the process and how these situations can be resolved to keep a positive customer experience. But this company has not even tried to make me feel better about this debacle. I will also say I’m very knowledgeable on the type of hardware I’m buying and how to build them myself at this level. But I recently had multiple surgeries and didn’t want to build my own PC so I bought.

My machine arrived yesterday after spending 4400 dollars on my liquid cooled machine. I didn’t wait too long to get it as I paid for rush order. Now let the fun begin. I sat on my front porch waiting for my monster for the UPS driver to show up and my entire box look red and soaked. Well it gets closer and yep entire box covered in Red antifreeze. I am in Virginia. The computer came from Cali so it bounced around for 6 days in a truck from west to east coast. It was in its original packaging from the case manufacturer. Not with a CyberPowerPC box. No fragile stickers. No this end up no liquid inside handle with care nothing of the sort. I brought the box into my garage and took pictures.

The system is completely destroyed every component covered in Red antifreeze from the inside of the case. I called CyberPowerPC immediately, the first rep I spoke to got an attitude with me and I instantly wanted to be escalated (he made it seem like this was my fault and showed zero care that my computer showed up destroyed). I asked for a next day air label to send it back. They told me, "No. Only ground label would be provided." I asked for them to cross ship so I could get a new PC quicker. They told me, "No." I asked for a refund. They told me I’d have to pay out of my own pocket to send it back. That’s not going to happen either when it’s not my fault.

So anyways I get escalated and I’m told a ground label would be sent within an hour. This is Thursday at 3 pm eastern. 430 rolls around so I call back and I’m told that it’s out of their hands. Another department will send the label. I hang up frustrated and wait for the email. 6 pm rolls around so I call back. Same thing, "It’s not our problem. Another department handles that." I ask for them to walk to the shipping department so I can get a label before UPS closes so I can get it in the mail so it ships before the holiday weekend. "Out of our hands.” I get again. I get another email a few minutes before 7 that states to hold onto the PC for a few more days so that UPS scan conduct an investigation that they may pick it up. My thought is why in the hell would I wait even longer. This is not my fault and I’m not waiting because they won’t start building a new of until they get the old one so now I’m livid pissed.

7 pm rolls around and I call back again (UPS is closed now). I get the same guy on the phone again and I immediately tell him to transfer me. I don’t want to speak to him. I get the first person who actually tried to help me named Adrian. He immediately puts me on hold, is gone 2 minutes and comes back and says, "I walked down the hall and your label will be in your email in about 2 minutes." I’m like, "Are you serious." UPS is closed now. I’ve been calling for hours and being told, "That’s not our problem now. It’s out of our hands." Anyways I get my snail mail label and prep to ship out today Friday the 25th of May.

I go to 5 different UPS stores and none of them would take it because it’s covered in antifreeze. Finally I call back to CyberPowerPC and that same initial tech answers and tells me to hide the antifreeze so they can’t see it and ship it out. So this guy is telling me to be shady to get it in the mail. Sigh. So today is Friday. Monday is a holiday. They won’t get the machine until at least Thursday next week. I’m sure it will take a day before the system starts being built so we will say Monday June 4th before it’s either built or finished then shipping back to me 3-5 days I won’t see it until at least the 8th or 11th of June.

I also paid extra for rush ordering for a PC that came destroyed and they refuse to refund that to me because they “rushed it the first time.” During this entire process they have yet to show sympathy or try to make it right. They always told me what they can’t do not what they can do. Worst customer service ever. This is where I wait now for another computer. Very unhappy.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. At this time it appears we have a rep helping you further on this matter. If you have any further questions about the process after receiving your computer please feel free to give us a call.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 23, 2018

Was happy for week, came fast and everything, ordered laptop from them and in week 2 dead pixel pops up, so I'm pissed because it's brand new, hasn't even left my house and I contact customer service just find out "sorry can't fix that if you would of purchased the 30 day pixel warranty we could" like really???? Never seen anything about damn pixel warranty. I would take my money somewhere else people, seems like they throw the ** together real fast, send it, if it messes up on you they will find loophole to say screw you.

Dear Nick,

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. That specific warranty is found under service options when selecting the computer and the components you want installed. Under more info it goes in depth what it covers and does not cover. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought my CyberPowerPC early 2018 and ever since I had it it wasn't the greatest performing, however it worked well enough. For 2 months that is, after 2 months it stopped working, my computer would not stay on and every time I tried to do anything it would hit me with the blue "collecting information you can turn your computer off when the information is collected". So I called CyberPowerPC and they told me that it was a problem with my RAM and I had to send in my RAM at my own cost and they would replace it. Seems sort of unfair doesn't it?

I called them 3 more times begging them to do anything in their power for me to just get sent the RAM. Still to this day I don't understand why I have to send them mine first to get the RAM back. I encourage anyone who is considering buying a product from CyberPowerPC to not do it. Buy a PC from a company that actually values its customers and will not give you a headache and a hard time just to fix their poorly constructed product. No one buy any products from this company.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear you feel that way. As expressed on our warranty policy, which can be seen publicly on our site we require to receive any item in question before we can issue a replacement. We have provided what we can to assist in getting the item replaced, if you wish to proceed with this method you can still do so.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 2, 2018

June 2016 almost two years ago I bought CyberPower PC for $ 2800. They call it special and top of the line. After 4 months fans start making noise. I call customer service and they send me four new fans. I replaced those fans 3 times. They send replacement of fan three times. Last time I ask to send me good fans, so I can fix this problem forever. But I think they have these low-quality fans. These fancy LED fan get jammed or start making noise after short time. I don’t recommend CyberPower PC because they use low quality parts to make PC.

Dear Harry,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding the fans, if the issue is reoccurring we recommend connecting the fans directly to the motherboard instead. This should help the fans by regulating its speed. If you have any further questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to give our tech support agents a call for any assistance; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: May 1, 2018

CyberPowerPC built my desktop with an Asetek liquid cooler. The Asetek leaked and destroyed my Nvidia graphic card. It will cost over $700 to repair if it is repairable at all. Asetek has a 2 year warranty on their parts but has no customer service. Their warranty needs to be processed by CyberPowerPC, but CyberPowerPC will not provide me proof of purchase or warranty information about the Asetek product. The desktop is 1.5 years old and cost $1600. I will never buy from CyberPowerPC again, and will NEVER NEVER use a liquid cooler again.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Regarding parts, we receive them as OEM which also has us receive multiple parts at once. We do not really have a "proof of purchase" of a single part as we don't order just one. We have them ordered in large quantities. Your original invoice, however, should display the part and purchase date of your PC if that is what they require. You can always give us a call if you have more questions.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: April 26, 2018

I chose to purchase a Cyberpower computer after looking at the components it contained and the price. I was hoping that it would be good enough to last me a couple of years but the reviews gave me pause. However, my computer has been running for nearly a year, has never given me a problem and has done everything I have asked it to. It is responsive, fast and obviously very reliable. I write this review to balance what these negative reviews imply, of course you will write a review that reflects your experience if it is not good, that is understood. But I want to just let you know my experience has been all good and I would buy from them again.

Resolution response: April 27, 2018

Computers were finally delivered after a month. They came in good shape and worked nearly flawlessly one small hiccup with the windows install which their support helped to resolve quickly.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am not an impatient person or someone with inflated expectations. It has been over a month since I placed the order for two pieces from CyberPower. When I placed the orders I stressed to the salesman I spoke with about the time sensitive nature of these orders. I asked him what parts we could switch out to get around perceived delays. He gave me a firm date and we went forward. The total cost of my purchases was over 6000 dollars.

Fast forward to the first ship date of the 20th. I call to confirm they shipped and was told that they hadn't. That they should finish up with the order shortly and they would ship out that day or Monday. I asked again to be sure. And was reassured. So Monday rolls around and Ronni surprise they didn't ship Friday nor Monday and have been getting told that they won't ship for another 3-4 days. This means that from the time placing the order it has been a full month until fulfillment.

So I called back to complain and ask what's going on. While explaining that I told the organization final sales guy of the time sensitive nature the guy who claimed to be the manager insist that he cancel the order because obviously if it's time sensitive he should cancel. Obviously that would be stupid because at this point them crossing the finish line late would still be faster than getting these machines from anywhere else. He knew this and was just getting into a pissing contest with me because I made a complaint. I've never had such a poor experience as I've had with CyberPowerPC. I only went with them on the recommendation of a friend of mine.

After reading reviews and dealing with their sales guys I have little hope that the problems will end after we received the machines. IF we ever receive them. I highly suggest care when going with CyberPower. If you can wait a month for your machine they may be good for you. If you actually need your PC though I wouldn't recommend them.

Dear Robert,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Once you receive the computers and if you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with our support agents instead. We would like to help any way we can if you ever find the need for assistance.

SUPPORT:

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: April 21, 2018

I never write reviews for anyone but due to the crazy amount of bad reviews this company has I thought I should speak up. This is my second PC from CyberPower, the first one I purchased from Amazon and used heavily for 6 years and this one I configured myself, it came out to about a $2500 build. First off, take your time with your build, I spent at least a couple hours a night for a week researching hardware for my build, reading reviews, etc... I should note that I have worked in IT for about 15 years and have built my own PCs in the past. That said, I spent a long time researching every piece of hardware and configured my dream machine. I was a bit hesitant to order after reading these reviews but figured I would give it a shot anyway.

I placed my order on Friday the 13th and received a phone call a few hours later saying the power supply I chose was on back order and they offered to exchange it to not hold up the build, they actually gave me a better power supply for the same price. Then I received email updates on the status of my order until it was shipped. I received my PC on Thursday the 19th as I opted for the 3 business day build and 2 day shipping. So we are talking about 3 and half business days to receive my computer. I opened it up and it looked amazing! I had purchased the pro cable option and my case has a large tempered glass panel so I could see everything.

Now, here is where I suggest something that people should know before ordering. I think you should know computers preferably you should know how to build one or at least have some knowledge of the hardware you chose for your machine and how it is supposed to work. The first thing I did was remove the glass panel and remove the foam and have a look to make sure everything I ordered was there and nothing had come loose in shipping. (This is why it is important to know hardware and what it should look like and how it should be connected.) Everything looked good so I then set it up to boot slowly. I run dual monitors and have USB devices like webcam, printer, external drive, do not plug all of that stuff in straight away. Start with the keyboard, mouse and monitor.

I booted up and everything seemed good so I immediately started on updates. Yes, you will need to update, this is important. Chances are your Windows install will not be completely updated and your video card drivers, BIOS will need updates and so on. So update, update, and update. After I had everything updated I started installing my software and noticed it didn't seem as fast as it should for an M.2 SSD and I noticed that they had installed windows to the wrong drive which was my secondary 1TB mechanical HDD. I emailed their support about this and they replied quickly however their advice was incorrect so I would have to say that the support people may not be that great since they suggested I change my boot drive to the SSD which I could see was blank.

So I went ahead and cloned the HDD to the SSD and change the boot priority in the BIOS to the SSD and BOOM! Fast reboot and fast everything. So there was a problem but it only took me about an hour to fix. Anyone who has ever build a PC knows that problems do arise and you need to know how to resolve them. Aside from that issue everything has been great and I absolutely love my machine. I could have built it myself but it would not have looked as nice plus I don't have the time for building anymore. I have to say I would not recommend someone who knows nothing about computers use CyberPowerPC, especially a custom configuration. For example if you just want to buy a high end gaming system but know little about building computers you will be much better off getting them a PS4 or something.

I think CyberPowerPC is a great solution for people with the knowledge and ability to build their own PCs but do not have the time to do so. If you do not fit that criteria and want a gaming PC I would suggest you do with a machine from HP or DELL. I am sure some people have legit complaints and had bad luck and I think CyberPowerPC maybe needs to step up their testing and tech support departments but aside from that this was well worth the money and I have no complaints. So bottom line, know what you are doing if you are configuring your PC before you buy. Do not expect to just hook it up and have things working perfectly out of the box, you will likely need to do some configuring yourself as I mentioned with updates to drivers and windows.

In conclusion I highly recommend CyberPowerPC for people who know how to build but do not have the time to do it themselves and want a very nice, clean looking build. Remember, research all of your hardware, know what works well together and what does not. I am still giving 5 stars even though they installed Windows on the wrong drive but anyone who has worked in IT for a good amount of time knows things like this can happen and if you want a high end machine you should have the knowledge of how to repair these type of issues.

Original review: April 11, 2018

My 14 years old son work very hard all last summer to get his desktop and it doesn’t work, we called got the RMA # to send it back but no shipment labels... We go to send it back, now it costs me another $90 to send it back... Why isn’t Best Buy allowed to fix it if they’re allowed to sell it? I just very disappointed and upset with this company and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

CyberPowerPC response

We are sincerely sorry to hear of the inconvenience. BestBuy is simply the retailer who sells the computer. While they do have a repair service in store, that still counts as a 3rd party service and it is one they sell as extended warranty. There are many logistical reasons as to why at this time we only performance service at our center and not across all Best Buys. If you have any further questions please feel free to email us.

customercare@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: April 9, 2018

It took me a long time to commit to paying over $4,500 for a computer. In the end I decided to because of the amount of time I spend on them. Money was definitely a consideration. I had saved for a while with a purchase like this in mind, and while I make a decent middle class living, it certainly didn't mean I could shell out that much money without a second thought.

With all that in mind, this was my experience with CyberPowerPC. I had decided to build the best system I could think of for gaming applications. I was torn between building it myself and having somebody else do it. I settled on Cyberpower for several reasons. Their website was very well done and boasted a load of options from every brand you could think of in every category. They also offered a 3 year hardware/software warranty which they didn't overcharge for. It gave me confidence in their product because a complete warranty for 3 years on a completely water cooled system was merely a footnote in the overall price.

I spent the morning pouring over their options and eventually settled on the build I liked. 8700k Cpu, 1080ti GPU, Asus ROG Maximus Heroic X Board, 1TB M.2 Drive with two 500gb SSDs to compliment. The list went on but that should give you an idea of the type of machine I had decided to build. After I purchased the rig I Immediately made a change to the order, contacting my "projects manager" in order to do so. Originally he wanted me to create an entire new order in order to change the board and RAM I had selected. I talked him out of it because I had spent hours on the build and didn't want to go thru and re-create the build again in order to change two parts in the rig. He took my order over the phone and that was that.

Now begins my frustrations with Cyberpower. It takes an absurdly long time for them to assemble and ship out these machines. Like a kid on Christmas I was anxiously waiting any word on the status of my new rig. After the first week of no change in the status of my order on their website, I called my project manager and was given the first real idea of how long it was going to take... 22 days from my purchase date. That certainly put a damper on my enthusiasm, but nevertheless I was still excited. My project manager assured me he would be in contact with me giving me constant status updates and notifying me if anything with the timeline changed.

The 22 day mark rolled around with still no change in status to my computer. Bear in mind it was supposed to ship on the 22nd day. On the 24th day I called them to check the status. They hadn't even started yet!!! I was getting irritated by now, and I voiced that to the PM, and he promised me that he would push the process thru right away (how long would it have taken had I not called??). He gave me a new timeline, three business days, and took another payment over the phone from me for a new shipping option (I was tired of waiting for it at that point, and I went with a 2 day shipping option.) It took 5 business days, and 3 days to ship, 3 days being the original shipping method I had selected.

A side note about how Cyberpower ships their merchandise: They require a signature that is non negotiable, and can not be circumvented with any of UPS's online signature options or anything of the like. If you, like me, work long days during the week, you will never be home when the UPS driver shows up, and as such your package will bounce back and forth between the UPS shipping hub in your area, and the drivers truck, until you either go to the local hub and speak with somebody about your issue, or take time off work to make sure that you are home within the 3 hr window they give you for a delivery time.

SO here we are, roughly 30 days after my purchase date, and I finally have my machine. No damage to the box (good sign). I tear it open and approve of how well it is packaged. I ended up with protective packaging inside the rig to prevent the card and other suspended components from moving while shipping which was nice.

The first thing I notice is that the plate on the back side of the hard drive docking area, that runs from the top of the case to the bottom of the inside of the case, was missing screws. The result was that the plate had popped out, being only attached at the top, and had rubbed/cut some deep grooves on the outside of the case. It was covered by the tempered glass door on that side of the case, but it still irked me.

So, I got it all plugged in and fired up. It booted without a problem, and my goodness was it fast. All of my frustrations with Cyberpower melted away, replaced with awe at the sheer speed of this machine. It was sweet. The case looked fantastic, the lighting was really cool... or was it? My next problem: Part of the change order, board and RAM, was going to an RGB backlit RAM. I was fooling with the lighting options and realized that the RAM wasn't lit. Upon a closer inspection, I didn't get the RAM I had paid for in the change order. They got the Board right, but not the RAM! Still, as irritated as I was about that, the rig was just too awesome to be upset about it for long.

I got all the games installed, played a few late into the evening with brilliant speeds and graphics quality, then shut the rig down for the night and went to work the next day. After work the next day I get home and fire it up, excited about the prospect of playing on this rig thru the weekend. I fire up a game, and about two hours into playing all hell breaks loose. This happened in about the space of 5 seconds: I got a pixilated screen on both my monitors. I heard a rushing water noise inside the case. I looked over and saw that one of the coolant fittings had come apart and coolant was rushing out all over the board. It took a moment of panicked realization for me to register what was going on before I got up and pulled the power cord out of the back of the rig to prevent any further flow of electricity into the machine.

By this time, the cooling system pump had drained about 80% of the reservoir on the board and GPU, and it had ran down, flown out of the case and DESTROYED the carpet underneath. I'm glad I went with Alien green dyed coolant, it went well with my white carpet. The computer had been running for a total of like 4 hours between the two days I had it.

I immediately called CyberPowerPC mad as hornets about what had just happened. To his credit, the first rep I talked to spoke to me in a tone that was appropriate for the situation, springing into action and beginning the process of a repair order. Another side note: If you need an RMA (repairs) on your order, they will ask you to send them pictures of the box it came in. Luckily, I opened the box from the top, and didn't do any additional damage to the box, so it was easy to see the condition it came in and dispel any doubts about it being the fault of anyone other than Cyberpower. Had I destroyed the box to try and get at the machine, it could have easily cascaded into a "who's at fault" scenario that would not go well for me, I'm sure.

The second guy I spoke with, a technician, was an absolute jerk. He sounded like he hated his job, and had no sympathy or empathy whatsoever about what was going on. He was neither helpful nor informative and spoke as if he couldn't have been bothered to do one iota of work past what his job description dictated, which apparently did not require him to have any diplomatic social skills.

They emailed me a packing slip, and asked me to ship it back in the original packaging, which I did with even more padding, and that's where we sit right now. The timeline I was given for the RMA was about 2-3 weeks, not including shipping both ways. The slip they emailed me was standard shipping, about 5 business days give or take. So, 32 days after I finally received my $4,500 wet paperweight, I'm staring down the barrel of 24-31 more days of waiting...

I'd like to be clear that the rig was fantastic when it ran. Very very fast, very smooth. Operating system was installed without any hiccups, and I had no software issues whatsoever. It was sooo Fasssstt!! For about 4 hours. I haven't decided if I even want to wait for it to be repaired. This experience has soured me so much I may just ask for my money back. This is a cautionary tale folks. These are the facts. Good luck with your own experiences.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We hope to get the PC repaired and tested quickly as possible to further cut down on the inconvenience. You are always welcome to give our RMA Status department a call or an email for any information on your computer's repair progress.

SUPPORT:

rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: April 4, 2018

I recently bought a pc from CyberPowerPC 1400$ so I paid for 3 day shipping with it. It took a month to get. Which was fine. No rush. But when I received it the CPU fan didn't work and my computer would shut off randomly, so only having it 3 days I sent it back that was 3 weeks ago. Last week I called customer support and they were very rude, the guy told me there was nothing they could do to help me. So now I'm 2 months no computer and they have my money. I'm very disappointed in them.

Dear William,

We are sorry to hear you feel that way. Our records show the PC was originally shipped out to you on 3/5/2018. We received it for service on 3/21/2015. The computer completed service and was shipped back to you on 3/29/2018. Also our standard processing time for orders are 10-15 business days and our records show it took 13 business days to build, test, and ship your computer. You selected for 3 day shipping, that time refers to how long it is in transit.

- CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had major issues trying to upgrade my CyberPowerPC laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I contacted CyberPowerPC and they steered me to a Chinese website (written in Chinese so I didn't understand any of it including which drivers I might need) which is where they actually get their laptops, they told me that I needed to contact Microsoft (which I had already done on 4 different occasions) and would not take the time to look up my serial number to see if my laptop was even compatible with Windows 10. The customer service rep was short, rude and absolutely no help whatsoever. I will never buy from them again and would like other consumers to be wary as well.

Dear Jonathan,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Many times for laptops when making the jump in operating system, it is possible specific drivers will not work or cause compatibilities issues with the new OS. If you email me directly I can help take a look in to that for you.

- CyberPowerPC Support

Original review: March 27, 2018

I should have done my research before buying from them. From the first email till now nothing but headaches. First off the sales staff doesn't seem to care about you or value you and your money. I ordered a custom $3,800 computer. Paid for rush processing. Got an email that it wasn't possible. No reason as to why. Fine I can wait about 2-3 weeks. Kept watching for progress to find none after a week. It took me calling to get a "patience, it will happen soon". A week later I again had to call to find out parts were out of stock. I was then informed any changes had to be put into email form. THEY DO NOT EMAIL UNTIL ALMOST THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS DAYS! Just in order to change the first two things it took 3 days.

Then I was informed now something else is out of stock... After another 2 days to straighten that out they finally started to build my computer. Mind you with parts I didn't really want but with no ETA as to when the parts I wanted would be back in, I had to compromise if I ever wanted my PC before you know, fall... I get the PC after a full month. I knew from hearing people who build custom hardline liquid cooling that I should let it just run for about 24 hours to check for leaks. No peripherals not even a monitor was hooked up. After about 10 hours or running we heard a pop and water hissing. I quacking jump up and pull the power.

The red liquid coolant was pouring out of the bottom and sprayed all over my wall. (Rear fan sprayed it and stained my white wall, requiring a fresh coat of paint.) Now the RMA process got started Friday and was told I have to wait for approval. I decided to cut my losses with this company and just return it (just got the email approval again at the end of the business day). I now have to pay over $150 dollars to send it back for a refund. If I wanted them to fix it, it would be free? So they will have gotten a lot of my money that even after they refund me the pc, I will not see.

Dear Louis,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We understand you have opted for the refund. As for the shipping, we are not requiring payment to receive the item for refund. We simply need to receive the PC to provide the refund. As for the backorder ETA, we require an ETA from the manufacturer before we can provide a date. With out that any date we give has a high chance to be incorrect and will cause unnecessary delays.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 26, 2018

The PC system I bought is a high end system that fails on almost every metric. Somewhere in the system is a critical failure that I've been unable to locate. This is forgivable, I understand that sometimes there are ghosts in the machine, but the customer service has been appalling even during the purchasing process, and then as soon as the problem was reported it was as though I hadn't even purchased a system at all. The system is capable of running high end games on the highest settings and I can't even run something as simple as Stardew Valley without risking the system locking up. Do yourself a favor and buy an Alienware, at least Dell has competent customer support.

CyberPowerPC response

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to know more of the issue the PC is having. Is you may please do not hesitate to email us directly with more details; we're always happy to help.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 24, 2018

I bought this PC and it ran well only for the first one and half months, since they based on invoice date not the exact date I received the PC, I can't return or even pay restocking fee to return. My game started to crash every 5 mins, after I tried everything I gave up. On Monday I gave it to repair department. The guy said it would probably be done on Friday, but I got it back on the next Tuesday. Not a big deal. I asked how he had fixed my PC, and at that time I already knew the problem was not fixed because I already did those and I told him at the beginning. I got back to home and I couldn't play my games. I removed the side tempered glass and wanted to check if its dusty or something, and I was too lazy to put it back and tried to play games. The weather was pretty cold and I can play my games again.

However, the cold weather only lasted for a week and the game started to crash again. Moreover, if I put the side tempered glass back, my game will crash immediately no matter what. I went back to repair department and explained the situation. The repair guy did not believe me and said he did testing everything was fine, if I have any problems it will be my problem. He showed me a picture about the testing and asked me to call their tech support to email the picture to me. I went back to home and asked for the picture, the support person said she didn't have anything like that. So here I am, still trying to solve the problem on my own because there is no support from them.

Dear Owen,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. While we had the Pc for service our repair tech was unable to replicate the issue. The PC has under gone various test and ran with out any issue. We are happy to help you troubleshoot the problem further. Also keep in mind if the PC is stored in any cramped isolated space, no matter the amount of fans it will have restricted air flow. So do keep its placement in mind.

- CyberpowerPC Support

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought a PC from CyberPowerPC 4 years ago it still runs the 1st day I got it from them. I would recommend buying a computer from them. They have good customer support. When the graphics card in my computer stopped working they sent me one. I got 2nd computer from them couple weeks ago. I have not once had problems with my PC. If you are gamer like myself or content creator you should go with them. They one of the best computer companies around.

Original review: March 20, 2018

In January, I spent thousands of dollars on a new computer from CyberPowerPC. What arrives, has a video card that is not working properly, parts that are loose and have fallen back into the computer, and a PC that took a dozen attempts to get it started up for the first time. Then, after hours of work, I finally get everything installed and updated and I put the thing in sleep mode for an hour… It never works again. I tried resetting it to factory standards, reinstalling everything, bringing it up in various modes. Nothing, I never see my desktop again, and after a week of trying I reach out to tech support for help. 3 days later a get an email asking for pics. I send them, and a video. I never hear from tech support again.

I emailed them a half-dozen additional times and after over a week of no replies, I tried opening a second ticket. I never heard anything on that either. It is now the end of March, it has been two months. I have called them, I have written them, I have used their forms, contacted them on social media. They are completely unwilling to help. And it stings a little extra, because this company that assembles your computer for a living, offers a service where, for an extra $20, they will put in the care and time for "professional wiring and assembly"; which is supposed to be a big increase in quality of assembly. Yeah, I paid for that, and they sent me something that didn't work, and wasn't even all in one piece.

Dear Den,

we are deeply sorry to hear of this experience. We received the information regarding the system. We are processing that to help get this matter addresses. Regarding the Pro-wiring does not refer to assemble, it is about the custom wiring down in the PC including wire sleeves.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was very excited to buy a CyberPowerPC in February 2017+, as I love gaming but did not want to go through the effort of building my own system. The first sign of trouble was when I first logged in to the system and was asked to input the product key for Windows 10. The product key was on a sticker on the case of the computer, but it was covered by ANOTHER sticker which was impossible to remove. When I had finally removed it, it had ripped off so much of the product key that I could not read it at all. What were they thinking? Of course, this does not compare to my most recent customer service nightmare. My graphics card broke down out of the blue in December 2017. Being under warranty, I sent it back to be replaced. A week passed, and I received an email saying that they had received my faulty graphics card and had shipped the replacement. Everything seemed fine at that point.

After another week of waiting, I had become a bit impatient and asked for an RMA status, to which they responded that they will get back to me as soon as they had more information. Another week passes, no graphics card and no update, so I send them another email. Once again, I get told that they will escalate and reach out as soon as they get information. A month passes at this point since they initially shipped it, and I email them again. This time, they give me the number for SAMTAK, their shipping facility, to track it down myself I don't know why they couldn't have done this the first time I asked.

After calling SAMTAK, I discover that the replacement graphics card had actually been sent to my old address. I am furious because I actually took action to prevent this from happening. I had sent in an address change form beforehand because I knew that the address they had on hand was outdated, and I had double checked and got confirmation that they had changed the address, and also made a note on the RMA to ship it to the new address. This still would not have been a huge problem if it did not take me a month to find out. I call my old place and they tell me that they do not have the package anymore, and since it was shipped a month ago, they have no recollection of where it might be...

I explain the situation to CyberPowerPC, and they have been very slow at responding or giving me any hints as to what actions are being taken to remedy the situation. I have done everything on my part to make sure that the replacement graphics card got shipped to me in a timely manner, but because of incompetence on their part, it has now been 3 months and I am still waiting for a graphics card. The last time they emailed me back was another message saying "We will get back to you as soon as we have more information", and that was 2 weeks ago. I had sent them 2 more emails since then with no responses. Having to wait 3 months with a GAMING COMPUTER with no GRAPHICS CARD is simply unacceptable.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look in to further in this matter. May you please email me directly with more information on this matter?

- CyberPowerPc Support

Original review: March 16, 2018

CyberPowerPC always has great bundle deals and numerous computer customizations. I received a decent deal last Cyber Monday when they were releasing new high end builds out for the new year. My order was processed in November but they didn't order parts and build the PC until mid December. They promised to deliver before Christmas but I did not receive the computer until 4 days after New Year's. Needless to say, our High Tech Themed Holiday Gift Basket backfired, and my department looked very foolish in front of the entire squadron during the Holiday Office Party. CyberPowerPC might have had problems delivering a computer to a military base on the east coast.

With the rising cost of living, corporate business taxes, and minimum wage laws, I'm surprised the company still has their Headquarters in the state of California. They could potentially reduce business expenses just by moving to neighboring states like Nevada or Arizona. At least open up another factory in Texas or Ohio so it will be easier to distribute products along the central and east coast. CyberPowerPC has potential to become a very successful business in the future if they take advantage of other opportunities like contracting to the government and/or military or sponsoring public schools.

Government and Military Contractors are always looking for the best deals to supply their offices and buildings. They are always spending to replace outdated equipment such as monitors, desktops, and laptops. Many of their jobs require multiple monitors and high performance computers, due to recently frequent software and system updates. Older computers become obsolete because they cannot handle the hundreds of programs that government computers always run for things such as encryptions and cybersecurity.

Many Public elementary schools, high schools, and even certain colleges struggle to fill classrooms with decent computers. The company could receive huge tax write offs for donating computers for charity, and giving great opportunities for young minds to learn and succeed. If CyberPowerPC can make better business decisions, expand their capacity, and distribute their products to other avenues like schools, governments, and military institutions, then they would have no problems competing with other major computer makers like Apple, HP, or Dell. However, if they choose to stay in expensive tax hungry states like California, and ignore customer reviews, then their company may experience setbacks and struggle staying in business.

CyberPowerPC, please honor your promises in the future, when you tell consumers that their order will arrive before Christmas. Otherwise, you'll continue to receive negative reviews and less customers because people will continue to tell their friends and family the horrible experiences they've had when purchasing products from your company.

CyberPowerPC response

Thank you Lee, we greatly appreciate your constructive feedback! It will be something we will take in to consideration during our strive to grow.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought my first custom computer from CyberPowerPC October 2007 ($740) and my current PC October 2012 ($1260.60). Both have behaved exceedingly well. One unit had the ram loosen in transit, but it was an easy fix. I found this Consumer Affairs site while researching my current PC build, so let me address some of the negative reviews from my own personal experience.

I would not recommend buying a pre-built unit. Some of the components used are fairly cheap, IMO. The PSU seems to be one of the worst offenders. CyberPowerPC gives you almost too many choices, so expect to find some components in your price range and then research reviews and benchmarks for them. Also, I have had excellent luck building a unit and then posting the build on the forum. Many more experienced users who are more familiar with the tech are willing to help out with suggestions or changes. TechLord is particularly helpful in this.

I have priced CyberPowerPC and several comparable websites on similar builds and have found them to offer the best cost, selection, and value. I have not had to deal with the customer service end because each unit I have received has been excellent. The reviews on the company and products are overwhelmingly positive. Be patient as they offer frequently changing discounted items, but be ready to buy as they are limited in time. Select name brand components, not just whatever is cheaper, you will not regret it. That does not mean the most expensive either! Do some research, ask for help, and you will have a great unit that is built for you at a similar price to buying the parts on Newegg and doing it yourself, except it comes with a warranty. Just my 2 cents. +1 would recommend.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I am looking to purchase a new computer. My current one is 10 years old and was purchased from CyberPower. They had real good service and very understanding sales reps. Today, I called to see if they had a computer that would fit into my needs for my business. The guy was rude & very short and said "We don't recommend, you build to what you want" OK, now I really feel stupid, a lot has changed in 10 years since my last computer.

Ok, I go online and do a little research, I build my computer on their website, the a call again with a couple of questions to verify or have them explain a couple of items that I selected with the build. The guy was very short and rude again. I even asked for another sales rep as he sounded like he didn't have the time to deal with my questions. I asked him that if he didn't have the time for me, to please give me another rep. He said he could not transfer me. He said "I never said I didn't have the time, you did". I was going to spend over $2,000. After having really bad vibes, I decided to look for reviews and after reading all the bad reviews, I will be looking elsewhere to purchase a computer. Someplace where someone wants your business and can offer the help you need.

Dear Brenda,

We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience. If you still have questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to email me directly; I would like to help.

CyberPowerPC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CyberPowerPC is a nation-wide leading computer system manufacturer focused on providing powerful gaming PCs for consumers. The CyberPower company was founded in 1996, opening their gaming PC specialty business in 1998, and is headquartered in City of Industry, Calif.

• VR-ready systems: CyberPowerPC has an entire line of PCs dedicated to working with emerging VR platforms. These systems are VR-capable right out of the box.

• Exclusive gaming series: CyberPowerPC offers a number of exclusive gaming PC series. The Fang series is the company’s most recognizable gaming PC. The Zeus Mini Evo provides a powerful gaming rig in a space-saving compact design. The Syber series of computers are built to look like gaming consoles, and the ProStreamser series has PCs build for game streaming and broadcasting. Each series has models at different prices.

• Fangbook: The Fangbook line is CyberPowerPC’s series of gaming laptops. High definition screens range from 15.6-18.4 inches with video card options varying across models.

• Venom upgrades: CyberPowerPC offers powerful upgrade kits with its Venom service. Consumers can upgrade ASUS, MSI or other gaming PCs with this service, which prioritizes customer’s specifications, overclocking and cable management to ensure airflow.

• Power Mega Pro: CyberPowerPC’s Power Mega Pro PC is built for consumers who want to create their own video, music or gaming content. They are optimized for creative software programs.

• Best for: CyberPowerPC is best for gamers, VR enthusiasts and creative suite users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs