Canon Printers

Compare Printers

Research top Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Don't buy this product guys. This Canon people are cheaters. They don't know to manufacture the good product. I purchased 1 month back this printer. But no use because it has mentioned in to the cartridge that you can take 400 print. Where I took only 10 it shows cartridge is empty, and I bought new one that also same -- only 10. Stop selling this product in to the market. Now I need to throw this printer to dustbin. Do not buy it. I am fed up of this product, name Canon MG2570S. Stupid product. Please do not cheat others. Shut down your company.

I bought a Canon MG 3600 printer in April of 2016. It locked up in mid-July and nothing I did would unlock it. I brought it back to Target where I bought it and they gave me credit for another printer. As you might imagine, I didn't buy a Canon. This was a horrible experience! Not only did I waste buying cartridges that now are worthless, but I wasted much time trying to unlock it. I will NOT be buying a Canon printer anytime soon. It was a bad, bad printer! My new Epson is working fine.

I just bought a Canon printer. I took it home, started installation, needed help, so called them. It turns out that they do not provide a cable to attach the computer to the printer. This is not WiFi, so the cable is necessary. The rep asked if I saw the notice on the box, and I did not - there is none! I asked to speak with a supervisor. I am still on hold, but the rep interrupted another call I was on to tell me he was still waiting.

I own the aforesaid printer. Since I could not download its driver, which I required due to change in hard disc; I personally contacted at your Arihant Infotech Service Center, along with the printer. The lady at the counter gave me the driver on my pendriver for Rs.100-/Receipt no.** dated 20-07-2016; the printer was running well, which she checked, then she took my printer inside out of my sight to clean it. But since then it's not running. Paper got jammed every time, no printing; the speed of two small roller appears to be too fast. Please get my printer O.K. I cannot add images as it is not running.

I have been a loyal customer of Canon for many years. I have had several Canon Printers and Cameras. The latest Canon Printer, Pixma 982, failed after 2 years of use. Its printer head failed. This 982 was a replaced through the Loyalty Program for another Pixma. It too failed after two years of use. Its printer head failed. The history before is the same. All Canon printer head fail after two years of use. Your parts department offers the printer head replacement part for about $100 (which included shipping and handling). Unfortunately, this part cannot be returned. It too may be defective. Your Loyalty Program does not offer a replacement printer that uses the same ink cartridges. I have a $100 inventory of unused ink cartridges. A device from the Loyalty Program is about $100. The nearest Canon dealer is in Conroe, Texas. This is a two hour drive from Houston.

Canon only offers a one year warranty, and offers no extended warranty. I believe Canon is purposely building an internal termination clock to cause the printer head to malfunction. This is my conclusion after 10 years of experience with Canon Printers. I would like to make note that each time I have called Canon customer agents, all were extremely polite and tried to be helpful. My research shows that Kodak is the recommended replacement device; the replacement ink cartridges are less expensive. The cost of a Kodak is about $100. If man does not learn from history, he is forced to repeat it. I have learned from my history with Canon, and wish not to repeat it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I have had many Canon printers because I trust their technology and like their lenses. But over 20 years, I hate the necessity to throw away good working technology because it has decided that I have not paid enough to sustain it. I know that I have taken at least 5 printers to the recycle hole within the last 8 years. I do not do a lot of printing, but when refilling, etc. it galls me that at some point that the thing just won't work anymore. (And I have replaced the cartridges,not just refilled.) I would like to crowdfund a printer that really is refill-friendly and bulletproof.

I have a Canon PIXMA MX492 wireless printer. I telephoned them to help me print a document from the Secretary of State of MS in PDF online. He told me to try to experiment to see how to print the document in legal format. I told him there is no way in the world I want to use all my ink to experiment to try and print one document. I told him forget all of this I am sending this back to the company and I am getting my money back. I will just forget it. Charles just hung up the telephone at Canon at left me on the phone. The telephone number to Canon is 1-800-652-2666.

We have been using this printer for sometime now. It consumes minimal amount of ink but prints quality documents and photos. I used it to print the diy invitations for my son's christening and the colors turned out bright and wonderful. It also works faster than our previous Epson. However, when we're continuously printing files on it, a paper jam always occurs after 20 or more succeeding pages. This happened every time and we need to restart the printer several times before it functions properly again. Sometimes it takes restarting the computer too for the printer to get fixed. It's such a waste of time and energy, not to mention frustrating. For those who need a heavy duty printer, steer clear of this model.

I was having a problem with my Canon Printer. I went through all of the troubleshooting in the manual, still had the problem. So, I tried calling Tech Support. After over an hour of "senior technical support" reps reading the troubleshooting from the manual it became clear, there is no tech support at the company. After they finished reading the steps, they always went to the "great deal" they have on new Canon printers. I did finally get a rep who admitted that they don't really provide any information which isn't in the manual, and their primary purpose was to sell new products.

Poor support... unknowledgeable of browser settings affecting printer settings. Fair, ink is swallowed on tanks not used... cleaning/pumping process does this. The printer displays 200 error codes frequently. Support online states to leave it on for this condition. That seems to help. Still does it though at less than a year old. Cycle power to clear code sometimes. Other times it takes a deep cleaning to do it. Provide better reliability and tech support.

Actually, I have never requested Customer Support, but cannot give them bad mark - they might be quite good. :) I have no exceptional printing needs. Report, boarding passes, documents, etc., the printer work 100%. I paid less than $100 for a printer that meets all my needs. Anytime I ask 'him' to perform, 'he' does. What can I ask for? I only have some issues with its scanning feature. It could also be "I" who does something wrong, or my computer.

There are a lot of Youtube support videos that are quite helpful. It's got a lot of features for the money. I got a fantastic deal on this printer. It disconnects itself from the wifi periodically, but unlike the Epson which shall not be named, it's easy to reconnect. The Pixma MG2920 was fairly uncomplicated to set up for a wireless all-in-one. It's a bit fussy with the wifi connection, but by far not the worst in its class for that.

I have had issues with it. I paid $19 for this printer four years ago. It has worked perfectly. Ink cartridges are about average in price. However, unlike some inkjet cartridges, they don't dry up if I don't use the printer for a month or two. It works. I got it it for $19 because I got $50 off when I bought it with a computer at Fry's. My first wireless printer, it has been a great bargain.

Every time I need help the support staff takes care of me. It is still made up of plastic but the plastic is thicker. This printer will print both sides or copy both side. It has some software that should be standard software but Canon is the only one that has it all. I own three because we always seem to outgrow the old one but the other two still work great. It has a lot more to offer at a lower price.

Online FAQ only. I have seen better. Very cheap up front cost considering the capabilities. The print head wears out on these printers and the replacement is so high the printer ends up in the landfill. Sometimes this printer will not turn off. This is a software glitch. It highlights the fact that equipment should have a hard on/off switch rather than one connected to software which may or may not be running properly.

With my previous Canon, Aubrey was SUPERB! But Canon's customer loyalty program and support for my new printer was not equal to Aubrey. Better than fair. Nice colors. Uses a ton of ink as usual though. Buying from Amazon saved me $149 off this printer, something Canon told me they could not touch in price. Aside from the hugely expensive ink cartridges, of which there are SIX, the printer is okay. So far so good.

I have not had any problem with this printer and the only customer support I have received is assistance from the retailer in purchasing the ink cartridges. It prints well for any correspondence, forms and copies as well as any material I have scanned and printed. I do not have fax capability and paper size of 8 1/2 x 11. This is sufficient for my printer use. I purchased this printer five years ago and have not had any problems or required any repairs on this item. This is an economical model that meets your printing requirements.

I have been able to get the best help when I think there is a problem. Never have I had someone who wasn't knowledgeable, patient, and very respectful. I have a simple Bluetooth ip110. This is all I need as I only print out proof of payments, directions, and great quotes. Only need it to print and have the option, with Bluetooth, from my computer, iPad, and iPhone. If something isn't working, I know I can call and get the solution whether it be my error or a fixable problem. They are made in America!

I've called Canon tech support twice. Both issues were resolved quickly. Exceptional duplication. I regularly print two-sided color flyers, and the quality is exceptional. The unit is an all-in-one color laser (print, copy, scan and fax). I paid $299... incredible bargain! Hasn't failed yet. Performs as expected. The model number is MF8580Cdw. It lists for $599 but is readily available for $299 at several vendors, including Staples. I bought mine at Fry's, where they matched the price.

Needed help with setting up the WiFi as the manual was poor. Printing is very good. Photo's okay. Scanning is good. It regularly loses the WiFi code and you have to reenter. The method of entering is tedious, required reformatting the code to make it easier to input. Full duplex, has rear tray in addition to cassette. WiFi capable to multiple computers, can easily hook up. Scans and prints. It would have gotten 5 stars if one did not have to keep inputting the WiFi router code.

I will try to be brief. I purchased some 7 years ago 5 pieces of CANON L-290 fax printers, in that time I was using them for my company and price was not that low. I can say that printers had no issues until recently when we updated Windows versions in our offices from Windows Vista to Windows 7. We did not go for latest version of Windows as we get good price for Windows 7 and also (main reason) because of drivers for other devices we use... we had no any issues with other scanners (not CANON) which were purchased even before CANON fax-L290.

So we had to update driver for L-290 so that fax machine/printer will work with our computers, but there is no driver for L-290... that is there is no driver which will work for Windows 7. Latest driver they have is one for Windows Vista. We contacted CANON via email and they recommended us to use older version of windows or to purchase new device.

Personally I was thinking Canon is serious company and that they take care of their customers, we have lots of Canon cameras and other devices which we use, even new ones. What is good for me if device is good and working when I can't use it!? Should I invest and pay some coder or whoever to produce software for me or they as company should do that... honestly so big company can't take care of this? RIDICULOUS! We will sell all Cannon products and we will purchase ones where company still cares about old product!

We are very disappointed in Canon, they can't invest few thousand $ for new driver all in order to have happy customers... in this way they have thousands and thousands unhappy customers! They just want $, ok that's fine but not like this... forcing me to purchase new machine and old one is still working. When I hear word "Canon" I will recommend to everyone to go for another company! P.S. I would understand if machine is +30 years old... I bought these some 7 years ago.

Not responsive at all. Uses a great deal of ink but the quality could be much better. Originally I thought I had gotten a great deal but once you add the cost of the ink cartridges and how quickly the ink is wasted, I feel like I was taken advantage of and ripped off by totally unethical and unscrupulous sales tactics, along with misleading, deceptive advertising. I strongly suggest doing a great deal of investigating before purchasing Canon products because in my case a deal that was too good to be true was certainly something I should have passed on and not purchased.

The answers I received were generic and pointed me to forums or to the same, difficult to understand, huge online "manual" that I had questions about! I finally figured out the problems through a local computer store. Cheaply constructed, flimsy print tray. Cheaper than replacement ink! It works. Slow, but it works. Ink is expensive (costs more than printer). Uses it up fast. Won't do borderless photos. Scanner incredibly slow. Software (Image Garden) is also slow and has poor documentation. Online help guide is indecipherable at times.

I've never needed to call or chat with customer support for any of the Canon printers I own, but the website is very intuitive and has provided all the solutions I have needed. Very sharp and detailed photographic quality images. Very little if any banding in the printed image. Text is sharp and clear. Superior. The scanner and the software provided made excellent quality scans. I have cleaned the inkjet printhead on a couple of my Canon printers and replaced the printhead on two of them. As far as I am concerned, this is a normal maintenance/service issue with any inkjet printer.

Very dismissive and unable (or unwilling) to respond to questions about memory card compatibility claims. Paper jams are rare, even in full duplex mode. Third party ink is relatively inexpensive and the ink tanks are transparent, which makes confirmation of "empty" very easy. Like most printer makers, Canon seems to hope for ink sales to bolster corporate income. The third party cartridges largely overcome this shameful attitude. Have never had a failure of any sort. Good quality output at reasonable cost for (third party) consumables.

I only had to use their customer support once but they were very knowledgeable and helpful. Extremely high quality prints, especially with photos. Look like they were professionally printed. Very good price for this printer especially considering the quality of prints it gives. I've had this printer for numerous years and never had any issues with it. This is the best all in one printer I've ever owned.

The website has a great deal of information available to assist with troubleshooting. I've never had to call anyone to resolve any problems, and problems with this printer are relatively rare. The printing is excellent and reliable plus the other functions such as wireless interface, copying and scanning have worked without a hitch. My previous printer made by a major brand lost its wireless capability within a month and could not scan after 12 months. This printer has fax capability although I haven't used it. It also scans and copies so you can send signed documents electronically. The printer is very reliable.

I read through reviews so was aware that the page catcher needs to be fully extended to prevent pages from falling to the floor once printed. The ink cartridges are very easy to change and all the functions are working well after over six months of use. Compared to my previous printers, this one is a real workhorse and incredibly reliable (few problems and it retains full functionality).

Haven't used customer service. Nothing they can do, it's just a piece of garbage. Slowest, most irritating piece of junk I've ever had. Have to stand right in front of it with my laptop to get the wifi to work. Have to manually wake it up before attempting to print and 9 out of 10 times I have to turn it completely off and back on to get it to work. Did my research and looked at many models. When my daughter graduates college this spring this 'printer' will go away. We keep it for the times that she forgets to print on campus, but it's terrible. I have used more foul words on this printer than on anything else, ever. Garbage... Paid $99 on sale. Should have gone for a $39.95 model because at least that way I wouldn't have overpaid for a cheap piece of junk. Won't print unless you stand right in front of it...and usually have to reboot it (which takes WAY TOO long). Don't buy Canon.

Migrated to Windows 10, which required new Canon multi-function drivers. Canon support was knowledgeable and helpful. While the printer & copier function were easily enabled; customer support was needed for scanner & fax. I chose a BW only printer as color was not a priority. The colors are tones of black & white and are sufficiently distinct so I can see the shading. Scanner is very good regardless of the quality of the originals, which for me range from near print quality to faded/poor originals. I only needed simple printing, copying & scanning of 8"x11" one-sided black & white print. This Canon, ordered over the Web, delivers on this. No problems in operating or in adding toner & paper. In general, toner is expensive, but that is an industry-wide phenomena, not specific to Canon.

Same as almost any other manufacturer, directed to online help/FAQ database that can be difficult to both find an answer or a way to ask a question without having to call. The wireless printing works as advertised, printing quality & settings have been fair as well. I got it on sale, so I'd say it probably wouldn't have been worth regular price. I have had no issues with the reliability, although occasionally when inserting new paper it will take too long to actually begin printing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.
  • Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.
  • Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.
  • Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.
  • Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.
  • Best for Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Compare Printers