Canon Printers
3.51/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Canon Printers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

333 Canon Printers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Printer prints with two sided printing regardless of printer settings. "Changed touchscreen to one sided printing, still prints two sided. Never had this problem with my earlier 2 Brother printers. Would not buy the Canon again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have bought 3 Canon Printers (MP450, TS3100, and now the MG2522). Since January 2019 all the printers died within 2 months of owning and Canon does nothing to help. The old saying that "you get what you pay for" is true in this instance. All these printers were low costs.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have in the past been able to use re-manufactured Canon ink cartridges in order to save $ on printing. My "new" Canon Pixma TS5120 refuses to accept anything but Canon brand new ink. I have learned during this process that it is actually UNLAWFUL for any printer maker to so calibrate their machines as to NOT accept re-manufactured cartridges... but this with model NO. CANON: You may think you are going to earn more money for your shareholders by doing this, but I have taken this vow: I WILL NOT EVER AGAIN PURCHASE ANOTHER CANON PRINTER EVER OR CANON ANYTHING EVER EVER AGAIN!! You have lost me as a customer.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Image Class MF632Cdw is a pain in the neck. 1. No detailed manual with machine and online manual is sketchy. 2. My first, second and third calls for help were referred to Just Ask. 3. I must pay upfront, although the money is refunded. 4. Calls 1&2 did not solve my problem. Third call did and he gave me a link to a more detailed manual. The problem was to print checks and it took over an hour. 5. Still having problems printing standard Quicken checks.

6. Single checks are very problematic. I must change the printer settings in Quicken, move to the MP tray and envelope settings on the printer, go through a setup dialogue in Quicken and then pray. 7. Sometimes with checks the printer declares a paper jam when no paper has been taken in. 8. I would never have purchased this machine if I knew what a pain the check-printing process would be. 9. It is not covered in any of the online manuals I have seen, though some of the user groups have detailed what to do with other printers.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased a Canon printer for home use and after 2 months of use the printer would not recognize the ink cartridges installed therefore would not print. This is not my first experience where a Canon printer works fine one day and refuses to function the next. This latest problem comes at a time where I needed a printer so I did the best thing, I bought an HP printer and it works great. This morning I am going through all of my electronics and if it has the name Canon anywhere it is being destroyed. NO MORE CANON PRODUCTS IN THIS HOUSE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: May 10, 2019

What a piece of ** printers. Last 3 Canons I've smashed to pieces. Cause they ask you to wait momentarily (what the **) and you can only ever print out 1 ** CD at a time and then it can't print the second unless you restart the dumb printer which takes 10 minutes to shut down cause you're waiting ** momentarily.. DON'T PURCHASE THIS COMPANY'S PRINTERS CAUSE THEY'RE **....

Original review: April 12, 2019

Canon MF 731 is not user friendly. If you are looking for a business printer to use with a MAC, you will want to re-consider your decision. Programming your preferred printer settings including single side print, fit image to page and darker print settings is easy, however this printer driver software will not save your settings for all types of printings, including MS documents, pdf files and printing emails. In other words, the printer driver will OVERRIDE your chosen saved settings. And Canon will blame Apple for this conflict. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 27, 2019

We bought a Canon Maxify MB2320 about three years ago. It has been serving our home needs perfectly. Sometime while I was gone on vacation for a week, a document my husband printed caused a paper jam. When I got home, I removed the very crinkled paper easily. However, after that the output was very faint and had horizontal stripes of just blankness. Then after a couple of pages, nothing would print at all - the entire page was blank.

Referring to the user guide, I tried several maintenance steps. The output improved. A horizontal stripe of about 1" would be fine - clear, crisp, no streaks. But then a stripe of about 1/2" would be totally blank. I got frustrated reading the manual, and didn't find any help online, so I called Canon printer tech support. The rep was fantastic. He listened to my description, and acted as if he believed me. He didn't waste time or ink making me repeat steps I'd already done (as too many phone support people do).

From the description of the problem and the steps I'd already done, he suggested one more step - deep cleaning the heads. That took a couple of minutes to complete, and it solved the problem. Hurray! I'm thrilled. When we were done, he offered to send me free ink to make up for what I'd used doing the various cleanings, tests, and alignments. I'm always happy to get free ink. Also, he seemed to be a native American English speaker, so communication was not an issue. I am thrilled with my interaction. One of the best phone tech support experiences I've ever had. Thanks, Canon.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We purchased brand new printer cartridges, that are compatible, #243 (black) and #244 (Color), but only the color cartridge is recognized by the Canon printer. Who am I to complain to? Unless I got and buy more cartridges, I can no longer use this printer. There is not an option to print in only color. We just bought this printer - less than 4 months ago, this is our first cartridge replacement.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Your printer is a piece of **. Never will buy a Canon again. Nothing but problems. Your product sucks. I hate your product. Nothing works and always getting errors. What a big waste of money. I will never buy your product again. It sucks.

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.

• Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.

• Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.

• Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.

• Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs