3.83/5
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

311 Canon Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

What should be simple, is not. There are countless ways the printer reports how to replace paper set margins, go to internet, use phone app, etc. etc etc. I have never been able to simply print anything without a big ordeal. The last two printers I had (Brothers and Envy) were a piece of cake. So sad. I can hardly wait to get rid of this Canon TS 9000.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I bought this printer because of the price and reliability. I had surgery and needed a wireless printer because I was confined to bed for 4 months. It worked perfectly and still is 4 years later.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

It is a very basic inexpensive printer. Was used for basic printing such as coupons and recipes so it served its purpose very well. Clear and crisp copies.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Even though my printer is old and not wireless, it keeps working like new. When I get ready for a new printer I will favor Canon if they have all the newer features I desire.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Canon printer is a very good one. It is good enough to own one and the one I have cannot only print it is can fax, copy, etc. Right off of my computer and receive as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: June 22, 2018

The wireless brand is horrible. The connection ALWAYS breaks, every day and the printer NEVER stays on. My printer is downstairs so I have to keep going up & down to turn on. When I google it everyone says the wireless never connects with PC & they all hate it too. I hate this one but I spent $$$ on future ink. They get you with the $60 price tag but the ink is a fortune!!! It's my 2nd one due to $135.00 in ink waiting to be used. The lights always flash for no reason, and it's difficult to put ink cartridges in. You have to have hands of a toddler to get ink in and out. Hate, Hate, Hate.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I want a printer that is not too costly to buy but also has ink that lasts and is not messy to change. I want the ink cartridge to last more than just a few prints.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have used Canon printers for several years. Pictures come out sharp and clear. Documents always are clear and legible. If there is a problem, Canon techs are patient and will stay with you on phone til problem is resolved. I would not purchase another brand.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I like the Canon printer, however the cartridges don’t last long enough for the price. The amount of ink that is put into their cartridges isn’t worth $1.00, yet they charge about 20.00 to 25.00 for a cartridge. They should make it easier for the customer to fill their own cartridge and there would not be so much wasted cartridges in our landfills. They can do it, but are making so much money off cartridges. I don’t think they care. I can buy a new printer with a cartridge for about the same amount as the cost of their cartridges. Way too much waste.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Canon printer's hard to use especially if it gets unplugged. Also, hard for getting Samsung tablets to work with it. Uses a lot of ink cartridges, making it expensive to use.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It's good for when you are on a budget and for small printing jobs, but not for large printing jobs. It's also good for scanning documents, but what I like least about it is the ink doesn't last long enough.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It has new print color but the printer does not work at all. It just stop, I cannot print from computer to paper. The printer's paper does not feed out.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Great printer in quality of print, compact so doesn't take up much room, and easy to use. Con: you know it, cost of ink. I understand the cost of the color but the black should be cheaper.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My last 2 printers have been Canons. The photos with correct ink is awesome. It also has a scanner & when I need a copy of something I use it. And if I am having problems, Canon backs it up by providing a troubleshooter & it usually solves the problem.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Printer came with dry ink cartridge. No replacement, had to buy new one. Nearly cost of printer. Then wireless connection so difficult that couldn't use it. No help where I bought it and a Canon rep was there the day I got it. Printer should print when brand new. Shouldn't have to buy new cartridge at equal cost same day. BS.

Original review: June 17, 2018

To scan, the all-in-one MX922 works great; Copies are clear and quick. The only drawback is the software to save the documents to my computer. I have had other Canon printers and scanners and their software is usually very intuitive unlike the Pixma MX922. Ink is expensive too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have own Canon MX432 for 5 years. I am overall please but have to say I have not taken to learning all things capable of doing. The photo print, faxing, wireless connections, scanning is very good and worth the money.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Very good printer for the price. Easy to set up and works real good from phone or tablet with the free app. It could print a little faster but besides that, prints real good in both black & white and color. Canon has the most reasonable prices on ink cartridges too. I am satisfied with this Canon printer.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Problem is the ink is quite expensive. I need to purchase inks every month, and also I do not use it much but ink goes fast. Somehow I am surprised about this.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I make my own greeting cards and the color runs out way before the black. The ink is costing too much for me to afford anymore. I really liked the printers that had individual colors, because you do not run out of all the color at the same time.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Printer was very inexpensive and does everything I need. Can't beat that! But a little difficult in setting up and connecting to wi-fi. Nevertheless, there is an online manual you can download.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Canon is a good and reliable printer, but touch screen has a lot of work to be quick to respond. Nevertheless, printing is fast on responding. Also, toner lasts long and can be used wireless or USB connected.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Ink cost too much, and some of the instructions are confusing. Also the ink doesn't last long enough. The wifi instructions are horrible and very confusing.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Everything's fine with the printer except the cost of ink cartridges. Next printer will be a laser. It seems to run out of ink more frequently than my last Canon which they no longer make. Engineered for ink sales?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Canon is by far the most reliable copier and scanner on the market. The only negative thing about it and ALL printers is the price of the ink cartridges.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I love the Canon printer. It has Bluetooth connect. So I can print from my phone. You can also use different ink cartridges on this and it scans great. The only thing I don't like is that the copy part of this printer is not auto fed. But everything else is great.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The printer and scanner are fine. The fax has never worked properly. Ink is very expensive and runs out quickly, so the reasonable all-in-one becomes a liability when replacing ink cartridges.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Canon printer I have is great, I've had no problems with it, it works like it should, prints, scans, copies. I had this one than any of the others I had.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Canon ImageClass MF232W. This printer was difficult for me to hardwire with a USB cable to my Mac Pro desktop printer. I never was successful and had to resort with wifi which has worked flawlessly.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Good printer but having to buy 6 individual inks sucks. I have to get ink on eBay for a good price. Otherwise it's too damn expensive.

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.

• Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.

• Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.

• Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.

• Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Melville
NY
www.canon.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business