3.68/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Canon Printers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 9, 2018

216 Canon Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 9, 2018

Canon printers produces great results. Cost of Canon cartridges is prohibitive but are superior to the own brand cartridges. Very neat printer/scanner.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I'm very happy with the quality of printer for the price I paid. The printer can print double sided and in color which I like a lot. The warranty for this particular printer is about what you would expect for the price. I haven't had to use the warranty though. Great product!

551,441 savvy shoppers have a headstart. Don't miss out.

Get trending news stories and exclusive consumer resources straight to your inbox.

We respect your privacy, unsubscribe easily.
Original review: March 8, 2018

When I was shopping for a printer about a year and half ago, the guy that worked on my computer told me to buy an inexpensive printer (it was all I needed he said). I was between two and chose the Canon because of American based support. I have called twice, for things I did not understand. These people are not only helpful, but friendly. The printer is great too! Would buy again and recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Canon printer was given as gift. Works wonderful. Easy to use guide and functions. Pictures come out very nice. Scan, print, fax and copy function are simple. Bluetooth and WiFi are great.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased the Canon InkJet all-in-one printer. The directions for different tasks are easy to follow. The software used for support is friendly to use, if a problem, the customer support is wonderful. When first purchased, I was unfamiliar with the printer, customer service stayed on the line for several hours to help me accomplish scan to thumb drive which takes multiple steps. Also, printer ink can be purchased thru the software provided and is shipped within days, regular shipping directly from Canon. Best printer overall!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: March 5, 2018

Hate the high cost of Canon printer cartridges. It's outrageous. They run out of ink very quickly and I am always running out when I need something to print. Then have to search for a convenient place to buy more.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Canon is a good printer and scanner. It does printing easy. It also does great photos gloss or matte. The ink cartridges are affordable also and easy to put in.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Canon laser LBP6030 has been reliable from 1st day on. Awesome workhorse for my home office. My only regret is that it is monochrome rather than color.

Original review: March 2, 2018

MG2920 advertised as copy, print and scan... But it does not have scan ability. When I tried to get an answer got the runaround. Later they said to download the driver from their site... Will not work.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Trying to get the printer to Go Wireless and coordinated with the other like my Android and computer so I can print offline. He's very difficult and I could never get it hooked up and when I found out a way of doing it you would have to purchase a certain program to get it done which to me is a waste of money when they have units out there that are easier to set up to work with your Android or computer. I've used other printers that are much easier to adapt what I need it for.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Overall this brand printer is very good. One thing I wish could change is the cost of replacement ink cartridge. Very expensive and there should be an option to print in grayscale and not have to replace the color cartridges.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Directions to scan and fax are hard to find and even more difficult to understand. Even the manual is not helpful. I suggest an interactive chat on Canon's website.

Original review: March 1, 2018

The printer was very low priced and is quite reliable, except its ink is extremely expensive and it runs out after about 100 pages or so. So the printer turns out to be very expensive, all things considered.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Had a Canon printer for 5 years. Works great. Once I did have problem, customer service stayed on phone with me for an hour until the problem was solved. No other brand has that kind of service. Worked with HP and Epson printers also.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My Canon printer and fax machine work great. But it is expensive especially when it comes to the ink cartridges and you have to use color and black to make it work. And it is expensive to run it that way.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I'm reviewing because this printer is a piece of garbage. We just returned our previous Canon printer that stopped working. It literally stopped accepting new print cartridges a day after refusing to connect to our wireless network. One by one, it stopped communicating with all four computers. Best Buy sent us a brand new printer (same exact model) as a replacement under warranty. The new printer connects to the network, but after two days (labor cost more than the damn printer!) of trying, it will not communicate with any computers on our network.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

It appears the drivers to operate the machine are no longer available from Microsoft. Very frustrating as the printer is still working perfectly. I am using Windows 10.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I like the Canon printers because I can replace only the ink color that has run out, not all combined in one expensive cartridge. I replaced an older Canon printer with this newer wireless model, and the wifi works great on my home network.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Excellent Laser Printer. I purchased it last November at a very good price and I couldn't be happier. I purchased additional toner cartridges online. These too were a good buy/value. The quality of the finished product is why I purchased this Canon Laser Printer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have a Canon MX 490. Its footprint size is more compact and more streamed line than previous models. It scans and prints very well. The cost of ink cartage is much less. Overall cost of printing is much less without hurting the quality of printing. Very happy with this model.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Canon printer works really well. But I HATED the current support, now farmed out to India. Once was done by US kids in MD. The Indians want you to install software that takes over your computer. Other than that, really fine printer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Like the HP printer I can't get either one set up properly. I need personal help, not a manual. Makes me beyond upset and feel really stupid.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Ink runs out too Quick & I can't get my labels to print (can't figure out display). So I have to Print labels on paper, cut & tape them on a box. Instead of using my printing labels.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Had good results with printer. The only drawback is this I paid 29.00 dollars for the printer and to buy ink was $50.00 for both colors. It seems to me that the price of ink could be less and the ink cartage don't last very long.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The last two Canon printers I had were so hard to use I had to call Support each time I wanted to scan and insert into email OR things of that nature. The Canon MP970 was the easiest Printer to use BUT Canon discontinued it and all repair parts so I had to buy 2 comparable models that are simply dreadful to use and I will never buy Canon again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have owned other printers in the past, I bought the Canon MG7120 Multifunction printer for photos. It produces excellent photo quality. I have never had any issues with it from day one. I'm still using it and have a new Canon printer in the box never used. The only downside to any printer is the ink cost.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

It's a wireless printer with Bluetooth and I love it. It connects easily and prints pictures and documents well. I can send documents straight to the printer with my cell phone. It works great.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

The printer is unreliable and flaky. But it was cheap enough, so I bought one, and have replaced it twice. The fax functionality is annoying as it answers even when there is no incoming fax.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

The printer I currently am using is very easy to use, it does all the jobs I need done. I no longer have to pay anyone to print or copy. Scanning is a snap as well as all the other functions. Only problem is finding the ink, none of the stores keep it on hand and it is not cheap.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Ink is expensive but available in Aftermarket format at considerably lower cost. Aftermarket ink cartridges work OK. Software updates work with Max OS OK. Canon system works well with my MacBook Pro.

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.

• Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.

• Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.

• Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.

• Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs