Canon Printers
3.47/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Canon Printers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Canon Printers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

DON'T BUY FROM CANON. My Canon printer/scanner/copy did not work from the beginning. My cartridges were used up after several times of trying to print/copy test/ sample pages. DON'T BUY IT, SAVE YOUR TIME & MONEY.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Purchased printer 2 months ago and installed at that time. Worked properly for about a month. Then I go to print a page and when it printed about 10 lines would stop and sit then spit out the page without finishing. Went on for about a week like that then called Canon customer service. Tried to solve problem. Did not solve. Called back. Same result. Completed canon survey and they called me because was low score. They had a senior tech call me back. His response was to save anything as a pdf file and print from that. Worked about a day or two then crapped out again. Been on hold for about an hour so far.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Very disappointed with Canon Warranty & Customer Support procedures. Bought a printer for my mom online last year. Order was processed on Sept 8, 2018, shipped on September 11, 2018 and item was received on September 15, 2018. I have documentary proof of all dates. Placed a service call on September 9, 2019 and was told that the item was out of Warranty since the invoice date was September 8, 2018!!!! Also the online manual is worthless! I called Canon customer support yesterday to figure out how to darken the print copies and they wouldn't help me! Canon has lost a customer for life.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Great tech support services. I am quite satisfied with the services provided by the company. In order to enjoy with various printing services from Canon Printers, you will have to go after the easiness of steps from Canon printer manual to furnish the complete Canon printer setup.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Printer prints with two sided printing regardless of printer settings. "Changed touchscreen to one sided printing, still prints two sided. Never had this problem with my earlier 2 Brother printers. Would not buy the Canon again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have bought 3 Canon Printers (MP450, TS3100, and now the MG2522). Since January 2019 all the printers died within 2 months of owning and Canon does nothing to help. The old saying that "you get what you pay for" is true in this instance. All these printers were low costs.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have in the past been able to use re-manufactured Canon ink cartridges in order to save $ on printing. My "new" Canon Pixma TS5120 refuses to accept anything but Canon brand new ink. I have learned during this process that it is actually UNLAWFUL for any printer maker to so calibrate their machines as to NOT accept re-manufactured cartridges... but this with model NO. CANON: You may think you are going to earn more money for your shareholders by doing this, but I have taken this vow: I WILL NOT EVER AGAIN PURCHASE ANOTHER CANON PRINTER EVER OR CANON ANYTHING EVER EVER AGAIN!! You have lost me as a customer.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Image Class MF632Cdw is a pain in the neck. 1. No detailed manual with machine and online manual is sketchy. 2. My first, second and third calls for help were referred to Just Ask. 3. I must pay upfront, although the money is refunded. 4. Calls 1&2 did not solve my problem. Third call did and he gave me a link to a more detailed manual. The problem was to print checks and it took over an hour. 5. Still having problems printing standard Quicken checks.

6. Single checks are very problematic. I must change the printer settings in Quicken, move to the MP tray and envelope settings on the printer, go through a setup dialogue in Quicken and then pray. 7. Sometimes with checks the printer declares a paper jam when no paper has been taken in. 8. I would never have purchased this machine if I knew what a pain the check-printing process would be. 9. It is not covered in any of the online manuals I have seen, though some of the user groups have detailed what to do with other printers.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased a Canon printer for home use and after 2 months of use the printer would not recognize the ink cartridges installed therefore would not print. This is not my first experience where a Canon printer works fine one day and refuses to function the next. This latest problem comes at a time where I needed a printer so I did the best thing, I bought an HP printer and it works great. This morning I am going through all of my electronics and if it has the name Canon anywhere it is being destroyed. NO MORE CANON PRODUCTS IN THIS HOUSE.

Original review: May 10, 2019

What a piece of ** printers. Last 3 Canons I've smashed to pieces. Cause they ask you to wait momentarily (what the **) and you can only ever print out 1 ** CD at a time and then it can't print the second unless you restart the dumb printer which takes 10 minutes to shut down cause you're waiting ** momentarily.. DON'T PURCHASE THIS COMPANY'S PRINTERS CAUSE THEY'RE **....

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.

• Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.

• Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.

• Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.

• Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs