3.82/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

280 Canon Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have own Canon MX432 for 5 years. I am overall please but have to say I have not taken to learning all things capable of doing. The photo print, faxing, wireless connections, scanning is very good and worth the money.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I make my own greeting cards and the color runs out way before the black. The ink is costing too much for me to afford anymore. I really liked the printers that had individual colors, because you do not run out of all the color at the same time.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Printer was very inexpensive and does everything I need. Can't beat that! But a little difficult in setting up and connecting to wi-fi. Nevertheless, there is an online manual you can download.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Everything's fine with the printer except the cost of ink cartridges. Next printer will be a laser. It seems to run out of ink more frequently than my last Canon which they no longer make. Engineered for ink sales?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Canon is by far the most reliable copier and scanner on the market. The only negative thing about it and ALL printers is the price of the ink cartridges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Canon printer I have is great, I've had no problems with it, it works like it should, prints, scans, copies. I had this one than any of the others I had.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Canon ImageClass MF232W. This printer was difficult for me to hardwire with a USB cable to my Mac Pro desktop printer. I never was successful and had to resort with wifi which has worked flawlessly.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have a Canon LBP6030 that is a front loading printer with easy access to switch from different types of paper in a hurry if you need to do that. Fast printing, reasonably priced cartridges too.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have had so much more trouble with this Canon printer than I did with my last one, which was an HP. It seems like it's just one problem after another. I will not buy another Canon, I'm going back to an HP.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Scanner and copying are good, but still can't figure out how to use the fax. Also, the printer uses too much ink and won't let you continue to print if any of the colors have run out. Very annoying.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've had 3 Canon printers (2 inkjets and a multi-function laser) over the last 15 years - the laser for last 6 years. Very reliable and quality made machines.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We use this Canon printer just for personal use and not too much but the inks finishes too soon and we should pay for inks very frequently. This printer is not worth it.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I love my printer because I have had it for two years and use it really. There has never been a problem with it. The ink is also not that expensive compared to the other printer I had.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I am very disappointed with Canon. We own a Canon Selphy Printer (among other Canon items) and when I bought extra paper and ink I purchased the wrong one. For printers I always buy in advance and in bulk because you never know when you need it and I do not want to run out when I need it. So the extra paper and ink that I have I must of purchased like a year ago and I probably bought it at Best Buy because that is where I usually buy those products but because it was a while ago I don’t remember for sure and I do not have the receipt. I called Canon to see if I can send to them the wrong item I bought and exchange for the correct one and the customer service representative told me I have to go back to the retailer and comply with their return policies.

WOW!!! I was shocked that a big company like Canon has such poor customer service. I told the representative there is no way Best Buy will let me return an open item I probably purchased about 1 year ago but the representative did not care. I was not looking for something free, just an exchange - wrong product for correct product. My daughter wants a new camera. It will NOT BE a Canon. Very disappointing. Attached is a picture of the product. To the left is the box of the correct item I ran out of and to the right is the wrong one I bought and did not notice it was wrong.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Canon's printer is very reliable, print is bold, clear, easy to read and I use this item a lot and is available for me each time. Very satisfied with the product.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Great looking pics. Quick to set up and works with my phone. Easy to cover and store too. Is not hard to start up after a period of non-use.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Best and most reliable MFP that I have EVER owned (seriously). The only issue was dirty rollers after about a year and the utility clean them right up and no other issues since. I will typically burn through a printer in about a year and a half. This MX922 is going on 2 and a half and works perfect and prints better pictures than my Kodak! (No wonder they're dying). I never thought I would give a perfect review to a printer, but this one earned it. I have bought all the different brands and they were all crap except for the Laser Jet.

Original review: June 9, 2018

For years I used Epson printers then their quality went downhill. Then I went to HP and I used HP for years then their quality went downhill. I got this Canon printer second hand for doing some work for somebody several years ago, it has never let me down.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Fantastic piece of engineering, easy set up, easier to get things done, wireless scanning/ printing, couldn't be happier or feel better about security.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My Canon printer is very easy to use and print quality is great. It’s a copier/scanner/printer/fax. This is one of the better printers I have owned. The price is very worth it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Canon has and always will make a quality printer whether an entry level or business product. It is just what they do. Their name is on it and they can't afford questionable products.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My Canon M3220 is great but like most printers eats ink like crazy. Pictures are darker sometimes than they look on computer when printed. Trying to accomplish some tasks on it are very difficult and it doesn't have a top paper feed either.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Operating this is a nightmare. It never stops asking to register your paper then keeps saying I’ve got the wrong paper in the machine. Envelopes are even worse.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought this printer new for $29.99 and 2 new ink cartridges for it cost $34.00. I refilled the cartridges twice, but then I had to buy new ones. I actually bought another printer rather than the new ink cartridges. What a waste!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We have had HP's for so long we decided to get the Canon due to it being less expensive to run and buy ink. HP has priced itself out of my range to buy refills. They are ridiculous. Canon ink is less than half to replace ink.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Besides the high price for ink, my Canon printer is great and works great. It scans, prints and makes copies. The image garden tool I installed on my laptop is kind of daunting but I love my printer.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Printer would often have error code for repair that would disappear after a spray of canned air. Ink was too expensive and short-lived. And it was noisy.

Original review: June 4, 2018

When it works it does a great job and it also keeps spitting out blank pages just before it prints. Noisy as the devil as it makes clicking sounds before printing as well. The printing job is faultless however so I bear with these annoyances.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The D530 Image class is an older model but I bought it because the reviews showed good value on ink and reliability. The first time I changed the ink cartridge to a well rated generic one was a very long time. I don't need colored ink and have went through many color models including thermal back in the day. This one just keeps on rocking!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I bought a Canon ImageCLASS model 3240 many years ago. When I replaced a bad hard drive in my computer, I was not able to load the necessary information for the computer to read, and connect the printer. I phoned Canon, was immediately transferred to one of their techs, inside of 10 minutes, he had me up, and going. There was no charge for the service. I would never buy anything other than a Canon printer.

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a Japanese company that is primarily focused on creating camera-based products, in addition to selling printers and photocopiers. Founded in 1937, the company's U.S. headquarters are in Melville, NY.

• Excellent photo printers: Canon is well-known as a camera company, and they offer customers a great selection of high-quality photo printers.

• Specialized printers: The company is one of the few large technology companies on the market to offer very specialized printers, like large format printers and graphic arts printers.

• Excellent customer service: Customers will find a very high level of customer service when they work with Canon, as they offer customers both phone and e-mail support. They also have a very helpful and educational forum on their website.

• Social responsibility: Canon has adopted many social initiatives, including programs to improve the environment, and fundraising efforts for countless local charities.

• Wide price range: The printers sold by Canon come in a wide range of prices, making them a good option for customers who are looking for both premium and low-cost options.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs