Consumer Complaints and Reviews
Has many features and offers good protection. The reason why I rated it three stars instead of four is because it froze on me while it was doing a scan of my computer and I was busy at work. Customer care is satisfactory and the update process is magnificent.
Shelley ElmbladFinancial Software Contributing Editor
Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.
BullGuard Antivirus is a newer player in the antivirus software arena. Established in 2002 and headquartered in London, the company’s guiding principle is to provide security tools that are easy to use for the average user while maintaining the most advanced security technologies for PC and Android devices.
- Free trial: Bullguard offers a 60-day free trial on their home page, and all seven antivirus and mobile backup software have a 15- to 30-day trial when downloaded from other areas of the site. Prices range from basic protection for $39.95 to a full suite of security tool for $99.95. Android security app is $19.95. Its upgrades are free and there’s a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Customizable: Bullguard’s dashboard is a series of seven square panels that immediately identify where to click to refine settings for the antivirus, spam filter and other aspects of the software. Lower versions show grayed out squares to represent features that aren’t available unless the user upgrades.
- Parental controls: Parental controls block access to suspicious websites, sets up filters to stop children from searching for things that could be damaging, limits time online, shows you the children’s web activity, stops sharing of private information such as an address and alerts you when a child tries to bypass settings.
- Unwanted adware: Some programs contain adware or install browser toolbars and modify your system settings without your consent. BullGuard flags these programs and stops them from changing your settings.
- PC Tune Up: This feature removes unnecessary files and frees up memory so your computer runs faster. Boot Manager shows what applications are running when you start the computer so you can disable the ones you don’t need for faster start up.
- Best for Individuals and families.
Compare Antivirus Software
BullGuard Antivirus Company Profile
- Company Name:
- BullGuard Antivirus
- Year Founded:
- 85 Chestnut Ridge Rd, Suite 114
- Postal Code:
- United States