2.77/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Brother Printers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Brother Printers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Tech support person Joseph on Sep 17 around 230 - 330 PM. The support and handholding he gave thru the fixing my printer problems was excellent and foolproof. He is the best I have ever come across so far in my support needs. Very direct but detailed with an understanding that he has to assume no given know how from the customer side.

Logan

Original review: May 24, 2019

Purchased a "new-in-box" printer from eBay seller. Error message during initial set-up. Attempted DIY via Web research. Brother customer service referred to repair center. Repair center ordered part. Parts department informed us that "new" printer was actually 13 years old! And, parts availability ended in 2017! eBay seller avoided responsibility; but, Brother took care of us. (Kudos!) Caveat Emptor! [Buyer beware!] Of ANY printer sold ("new" or used) on eBay! Tips from what we learned: 1) Check manufacturer website to learn if model was discontinued; 2) Get serial number from seller; 3) chat on manufacturer site to learn unit's production date from S/N, AND last year model produced; 4) parts are ONLY available up to 7 years AFTER last year model produced. Good luck.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought a Brother MFC-8710DW about 3.5 years ago. Had been very happy with the printer, scanning, and copying function up to one week ago. A vertical line was coming up when scanning and copying... but not with printing. I tried a new toner cartridge but the problem remained. I called Customer Support and they walked me through several steps and we did get it resolved. There was something on the scanner glass plate (narrow glass panel to the left of the large glass plate). Cleaned it with alcohol pad and now everything works. This is unheard of to get a company to help work this, when there was no problem with the machine... and they did not charge me anything.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I've bought a Black and White Laser printer a few years ago and finally almost out of my second toner cartridge. Not so long ago my printer stopped working so I contacted them through their site. It took about 3 days or so to get my printer working but they were very helpful (This was in Canada). After writing back and forth with them to try troubleshoot the problem, they helped get my printer working again and didn't take any longer than 24 hours before they sent me another email to move forward with getting the printer to work.

The Support Team was very helpful and if I need a new printer in the future, I would definitely buy another Brother Printer. If somebody asked me which printer to get, I'd strongly suggest Brother Laser. One great thing about Laser is that they're a lot more efficient than Inkjet. Other than minor issues when I first got the printer, I've been very happy with it from day one.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Barely a month old DCP-B7535DW. Worked very well for a couple of weeks. Then paper jams started happening on duplex printing. After the first change of toner, the printing has become extremely light and illegible. The toner is original Brother. The company has been slow to help. Three technicians have visited so far. All of them have said the same thing that the drum unit needs to be replaced. All of them have placed a request to have it replaced. Yet the company refuses to do so and keeps sending technicians to re-check, as if they refuse to believe anyone telling them that their product is faulty. It has been a frustrating experience to say the least and I'm one technician visit away from suing them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brother Printers?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

The service is very worst and don't ever buy this product [brother printer]. I had buy this product before 4 days ago and I called the customer care many times even today. They didn't even pick up the call and the product is very **. Friends don't ever buy this product.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Just got the printer in the mail. Set everything up, all lights are they are supposed to be. Printer refuses to work... It has spit out a few labels about 5-20 minutes apart from each other! I've been on hold with support for 35 minutes. This company is a joke. Subpar everything!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Printer would not work. Displayed error message about low ink level or unable to detect ink cartridges. I replaced them all and printed about 5 pages and got the same messages again. The printer was 18 months old and the warranty was only for 12 months, so Brother would not do anything about their lousy product. They sell the printers cheap so they can keep robbing you with the ink. I will NEVER buy anything made by Brother again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

After 1 hour and 57 minutes trying to get help installing their printer (that would not install due to corrupted portions in install Cd, and they refused to send another install Cd), and bad files encountered when trying to update their product from their website, they said that they would give me a case number regarding the issue, and instead hung up on me. I had to cancel an appointment due to the extremely long call, and now I am not only no further along in correctly installing their printer, but have now also lost 2 hours of my time, and endured extreme incompetence in their inept tech support people (I was transferred 4 times), and unbelievable levels of stress in dealing with these incompetent people.

Their printer also had used or dried up ink cartridges when I bought it, and they said that they would send new inkjet cartridges to replace the bad ones, and then when I called again, they refused to do so. Do yourself a major favor and buy a printer from another company. This company not only has incompetent employees, it is completely corrupt!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My HP printer broke down after about 10 years of service, so I looked for a replacement and following recommendations bought a Brother LC3011 – what a BAD move! This thing is almost impossible to operate – won't accept the standard paper sizes I select and offers no help site for instructions or problem solving. Moreover, loading paper into the drawer for printing is exceedingly awkward because of the design and the fact that the printer's parts are made of very cheap plastic. There must be something better than this...

Brother Printers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Brother is a technology company that was originally developed and headquartered in Nagoya Japan in 1908. Today, the company is known for making imaging devices, including printers, faxes and more.

• Mobile options: Brother is one of the few companies that sells individuals mobile printers that can be used on the go.

• Ink options: The company has a wide variety of products available, including laser printers in black and white, and inkjet printers in black and white.

• Award winning: Brother printers regularly win overall satisfaction awards from customers in PCMag.com's Readers' Choice Awards, which means that customers tend to be satisfied overall with the printers that the company makes.

• Environmental programs: Brother has launched environmental programs in the U.S. and globally in order to ensure that their environmental footprint is as small as possible. The company's sustainable efforts include things like eco-friendly product development and used-product collection programs.

• Specialized options: Brother creates and sells very specialized products like high-capacity garment printers, which most printing companies do not sell.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs