1.5/5 (31 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About ASUS

ASUS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Very very many terrible things happened to me at the Bangkok office Asus service centre from over the years. From them breaking my asus phone back cover upon fixing something else inside and then giving me a bill for the screen back they destroyed. From them rooting my phone charging 500 baht ok but it was not rooted after I checked and managed only to get back half the money but total incompetence. From them deliberately damaging PINS on CPU box to discredited my warranty even though the issue was with memory slot as proven by a computer technician I have and took 2 weeks for them even to get back to me that, "Oh we won't honour your still warranty." Outrageous.

I warn anyone. You must take photos of everything before and get them to sign to it when you hand anything in for repair. Their goal is to ** as bad as they can and many more issues over the years. Asus make great products but I am really starting to rethink what other brands out there can I substitute it for that have better service performance. I did hear if you take to asus service centres in Taiwan could be your best outcome. Well it's what I heard anyways.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Customer service is abhorrent, I'll never purchase a product from them again. I made 4 calls to no avail and I knew more about the product and issue more than them. I only understood 1 word for a sentence from a customer service agent. So frustrating and the supervisors were just as bad.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Updated on 09/07/2021: Follow up from my last review. Sent to the CEO's office and email response from Ronald M, implying the same 24-48 hour wait and yet 5 days have passed and no response. Asus is a company who says they Aspire to do the best and strive for excellent customer service yet it has taken them 3 months to replace my device. What a joke.

Original Review: STRONGLY!!! suggest reading this before you buy anything from ASUS or ROG. 3 months since I sent in my phone for a camera repair, 2 months since it was lost/stolen on its way back shipped by asus, 1 month since I sent in invoice of proof of purchase which was asked for because they did not have a replacement device when they first told me they did and now 30 days into the "buy back program" to get my money back and still have not received any answers from customer service.

When I called in they say, "You'll receive an answer in 24 to 48 hours and we are so sorry." But I'm more sorry that will be throwing away everything I purchased for my ROG phone, 3 aero active fan, dock, controller along with my zephyrs g14 laptop and sadly will not be purchasing the new ROG phone 5 after waiting for its release and will not be using ROG laptops or products no more even if it saddens me to say because of this terrible experience and length of time. Still today I have not received any solid answers. To all current ROG asus users don't send your products in to warranty because you won't see it again and future consumers don't waste your time unless you want your products backed up by the worst customer service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Hard to get new model during this deadly pandemic. Fortunately, it's good for me to get this quality laptop in ready stock from Asus. It is lightweight with 1.17kg, elegant designs and provide a solid performance for me within my budget. Even it's i5, but it has suit to my usage. The most satisfied performance I got from this model is its high resolutions and long lasting battery. Definitely will recommend it to my friends.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Purchased two "open box" Asus Chromebooks through Best Buy. Both chromebooks failed charging within a short period of time, and amazingly, this company not only refused to fix the computers, and their defective parts, but actually blamed the customer for their defective parts! Now having to make formal complaints to several agencies to ensure I get my money back. Please do not purchase ASUS products and have the same thing happen to you. If you need a chromebook, ACER has been awesome with both reliability with their chromebooks, and with customer service and honoring their warranties.

Original review: May 23, 2021

I bought this laptop brand new. I will never buy Asus again. I will recommend other people to go HP or Apple even Sony. Never Asus. My laptop I bought it at Best Buy. Touchpad driver automatically disappear, I have to use USB mouse to operate it. I feel like I took 1300 dollars and threw it in the river.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Product kept losing power and had to reboot many times. Finally got to a point of not coming on despite using all the suggestions in the online support. Finally sent it in, under warranty, after 4 months and they say I broke it. The motherboard was the problem which they admit and the power port was damaged as I kept trying to see if it was the plug that wasn't in proper. Because the two are connected they void the warranty. Even though they admit the motherboard was the problem and the port had to be changed with it, they want me to pay over $200 to fix it. Crappy Chromebook, crappier customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I have been buying ASUS products for many years as most serious gamers do. My last experience I have to say is not good. I use a ASUS ROG STRIX, the Laptop operates fine, but here are the bad points. While I understand them no longer having disc drives, I have no idea when they have no SD card Slot. I had to buy a converter in order to use my SD cards.

My wife has a ZENBOOK FLIP which has lost its ability to see any WIFI and looking online, this is not something happening to just us, many People have this problem. As PC PC literate people we thought OK, we'll connect via RJ45 Cable direct to the modem... Nope, this ZENBOOK has no RJ45 jack. To fix it we again had to buy a 3rd party device (USB WIFI Adaptor). Why are they cutting back on such convenient parts of their Laptop is a mystery. I will be looking at other Gaming Laptops next time.

Original review: March 10, 2021

UPDATE 03/24/2021 Well at this point I was able to finally get with an agent through the ASUS Corporate Customer Care team that actually tried to answer my questions for me.

It still appears that unfortunately no one from their technical support departments really took the time to dig through all the information/material I provided though (even to this date). The only drivers they addressed were the two specific ones I kept listing in the emails (multiple times). They did not address the complete drivers list I sent. Still did not address the complete services list I sent. Also, I don't think the technical support department has actually tested whether or not the solution they have advised me to take will work. They are waiting for me to spend the additional money out of pocket for another component and try it out. I am supposed to let them know if it does not work properly but I am not sure it will matter since their technical support departments don't really seem to care about any information, material, or documented troubleshooting steps you send in. The corporate customer care team can only do so much as they are not the technical support department.

Original Review 03/18/2021

I would like to start with that I usually build my own desktop computer when I want a new. I will spend the time to review the products online and pick out decent mid-level components with good lifespans. This time I decided to have someone else put the computer together for me and actually handle all of the technical stuff, even picking out the components (all of them, including the MB). I think this is where I messed up after seeing how many poor reviews ASUS has been receiving concerning their products and customer service.

On to my issue/experience that is still ongoing and not over yet. If it improves I will update here accordingly. I, as stated, had a new computer built for me recently and the person doing the build chose a ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) motherboard for this build. I had not known what he had chosen nor did I worry about double-checking as I figured he would do the appropriate research but that was my mistake.

Just in February after a few Drivers had updated related to the built-in Bluetooth Adapter (was a combo BT/Wi-Fi built into the MB). Just a few days prior to that the OS updated to the Windows 10 Pro 20H2. The BT died the day the BT and some other Intel Drivers had updated (I don't remember which ones all updated, there was less than four of them). First, the audio connection went out and about an hour or two after that the call connection went out as well. I still have functioning Wi-Fi so I know the adapter itself is still working as supposedly the same physical adapter handles both BT and Wi-Fi for this MB. So on to support I went, first I used their live chat through the MyASUS Windows app. This started what has been a rather horrible month-long experience with ASUS support through both chat and email (numerous contacts via both methods).

Unfortunately neither their chat support nor their support via email (two different departments via email apparently as two different contacts for each email sent). They failed to really listen to my issue and how it happened. They failed to even review the files I provided them along with my own troubleshooting and partial resolutions/solutions I had so far completed. I had given them a complete Drivers list, running Services list, hardware list and the steps I had taken on my own plus the ones they recommended that I followed. I also gave them the results of all of those steps, driver installs and so on that, I did. Unfortunately, not a single support agent actually referenced/mentioned the information I had provided one time. Basically, not a single person looked at it.

After about a month of unpleasant experiences with support overall, I tried to contact corporate at the beginning of March. Someone did end up getting back with me from Corporate yesterday and I am hoping that they will actually take lead on my issue and make sure that the right departments actually review everything I have provided. That way when they actually respond to me they can finally honestly answer me with what options I really have to move forward with getting my BT working again one way or another.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Do not buy an ASUS computer. It worked ok for awhile but began to freeze up (no mouse pointer) if left to sleep. They only use a chat for technical support which was terrible. They issued an RMA and have had my computer in the shop for 3 weeks with little communication. They refuse to send me a new computer, only saying it is in the process of repair. At this point they might as well put it in the garbage since they can't fix it.

ASUS Company Information