1.45/5
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

657 ASUS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ASUS. Dishonest to the bone. I sent a laptop in because the hard drive burned out and asked if they could also replace one key on the keyboard. Response. "Yes, but will cut $500.00." "Why so much?" "Because we need to replace the whole keyboard!" "You can't replace just one key?" "No, we must replace the whole keyboard!" Will never again buy anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I recently bought an ASUS laptop, after reading online that it had good speakers. The speaker is located on the BOTTOM of the laptop! Therefore the sound quality is not good, especially on some websites. I have tried reloading Windows 10, reloading the factory sound system and nothing helps. $1300 later, I would not buy this computer again!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Out of the box first glance great. Then... won't run programs properly... then... graphics card gets crashy. Now losing brighten... had to restore. Now I've owned this thing 6 months. I looking at the graphics card failing then no reboot and then... I beating it with sledge hammer putting on Youtube just show how wonderful this piece of garbage is.

Original review: July 22, 2018

My ASUS Zen AiO all-in-one computer I put in sleep mode, I checked device manager. Should wake up using keyboard, it stays asleep and is frozen in sleep off mode. I cannot wake it up. Went thru website and they wanted my CC (fully refundable perhaps) which is not proper considering I spent $14000.00 on this machine a few weeks ago and this should not happen to begin with and to ask for money, NOOOOOOO.

Original review: July 18, 2018

ASUS Rog G701 Gaming Laptop - so-called "Top of the line" - As of July 15th ASUS received my laptop and now claims it is "LOST". This laptop cost thousands of Hard earned money. Within a year I had to return that same Laptop 3 Times, yes... 3 times. Asus had my laptop more time than I have used it. All 3 laptops Broke, 2 of the 3 laptops came out of the Box Broken. Twice the up, down, left, right keys broke right off with no way to fix or replace like other models. ASUS G701 had some many Problems that ASUS has changed the new models the G703. So ASUS knows they have problems with the G701 laptop. Right out of the box, 2 of the 3 laptops would run "RED" hot, yet you just turned it on. When you go to Gaming center and look at Heat gauge it would be All RED and FULL all the way to the top. "Very Scary".

Next was the Problem that caused me to go nuts with ASUS. Every time you went online or tried to play an online game. A "Warning" Pop-up would appear and then kick you offline. Pop- up Stated "Local Disc" (c) and (d) were filled and could not run any more. Yet there were "NO Files" what so ever on the laptop. That problem makes that Laptop UNUSEABLE. Now ASUS has sent my 3rd laptop to their Repair center in Texas just to find out it is "LOST" and their answer to me is … "You will just have to wait." As an Disabled person who works online and needs a working laptop. This is clearly UNACCEPTABLE. I noticed from other reviews that this happens all the time.

People need to STAY AWAY from ASUS and their TEXAS repair center. Unlike other people who feel helpless in matters like this. ASUS forgets one thing and that's the POWER of the internet. WE the PEOPLE will stand UNITED against ASUS and all their sub companies and repair centers. This is only the Beginning … ASUS, if I was you. I would get me a Refund Real Fast. Your Reputation is about to get destroyed, Besides seeing you in court when I tell my lawyer. It takes 2 minutes to issue a REFUND, yet YOU choose to take the Hard way. The more this goes on, the more my health gets affected. My advice to all buyers thinking of buying or using an ASUS product is.... STAY AWAY… BEWARE…

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased the top of the line laptop from Asus Q524U, and have had nothing but problems with it. It is very slow to connect to internet... It needs to be rebooted daily... The screen turns itself upside down on a daily basis. It is a piece of garbage… I DO NOT recommend any Asus laptops.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Sent computer in for repair. 38 days later my computer still has not been repaired. I asked to speak with a manager. Was told I needed to speak with Corporate management. Then they sent an email informing me that they had already spoken with Corporate and there was nothing they could do to help me. I would just have to be patient and wait.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I bought a ASUS laptop and it was one of the models I paid 1600. for it. Really didn't use it much. Had a 100 dollar cooler for it. The laptop lasted 1 year and 1 month and the motherboard went out. They wouldn't even help on half the price. Took it to Best Buy. The agent said this laptop look great and he goes there is, no dust or anything. Best Buy said they would fix it for 456ish. ASUS turned around and said they would fix it for 690. Dollars. Rip off company in my opinion. Now Best Buy has been waiting on parts since the 25 of June. It is now July the 5th and still no parts. I'll avoid ASUS from here on out.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We purchased a tablet in August 2017. It had charging problems in Oct 2017 and was repaired under warranty. Same issue in Jan. 2018. June 2018 the tablet again stopped charging for good during final exam week. Asus asked us to send it in for repair for a third time and magically our warranty had ended. They wanted to charge us $179 to repair a $300 tablet that was less than a year old. I'm NEVER buying from them again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Today arrived my Son's laptop ASUS ROG STRIX from ASUS service center. My Son bought his Laptop in March but it got damaged 3 weeks after unpacking it only; I called and written to ASUS asking how the global warranty would works if I live in México, the ASUS call center persons answered that "the ASUS Global Warranty" does not works outside USA (I don't Understood how can be global warranty if does not works worldwide), perhaps ASUS personnel thinks that USA is entire world, really.

I had to paid shipping, customs and handling to Texas for to sent my Laptop at repairs, Today it arrived packed on generic box, without user's manual, without warranty sheet, almost one month on service center. What kind of customer service ASUS gives? Why the displicent attention? What kind of respect do customers deserve? I don't Understand, what we did wrong for ASUS? PERHAPS WE BOUGHT THE WRONG BRAND!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had my Acer laptop replaced with an Asus Republic of Gamers laptop, but have only just started using it due to hospital. I find it very frustrating to use. My main complaint/suggestion is that the choice of red on black looks very nice, but is completely impractical, particularly if one has bad eyesight or using in a dark environment. The most frustrating design detail, is the position of the pad and two small control pads. I strongly feel it should be placed central of the laptop itself and not to the left. I am continually using the right click instead of the left click and this is really annoying me! Also, the whole keyboard is too sensitive and just hovering over info. leads me into that info. I prefer a positive click, when I have chosen the content. I am probably wasting my time and effort with this complaint/suggestion, but had to get it off my chest!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought this (Asus Zen phone) having some fair knowledge on ASUS & expecting it to be quite competitive, but it was not to that extent. First there was a display issue & they took nearly 2 months for repair. Second time there was power ON issue. Almost 2 months still no response on the issue/status. Really very bad customer focus.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I purchased a notebook from ASUS a couple of months ago worth $2500 and paid an additional amount on top of that for an international warranty as I am a frequent traveler. This week, I left my laptop charger in Japan en route to Singapore. When I arrived in Singapore (not my home country), I rang the ASUS Singapore contact number to find out where I could purchase a replacement ASUS laptop charger for my laptop and what the cost would be, thinking it should be a fairly simple process to get this information.

To my horror, I was informed by the customer service rep that he didn't have this information and that he would ring me back. He promised to ring me back by 5 pm that day (I had the conversation with him at 10 am). I told him it was absolutely necessary for me to obtain a charger that day as the bulk of my work involved working on my laptop.

Needless to say, I did not receive a call back until the next day at 12 pm. But the clincher was this - he rang me to say that the ASUS service centre in Singapore has refused to provide me with information on whether they had stock of the laptop charger or how much it would cost because I purchased my laptop in Australia and they will only help me if I walk into the ASUS service centre.

How absolutely preposterous!!! This must be the worst customer service I have received anywhere in the world and with any company. After paying over $2500 for a laptop WITH INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY, I am told they will not answer a simple question as to where I can PURCHASE (I hasn't asked or a free laptop charger) in Singapore. The best advice I can give is not to waste your money on an ASUS computer. It is obvious they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Well. I make 8,000 a year as a part time employee and full time student. And I decided to invest 1,200 in what is supposed to be a quality laptop. But 9 months in, my motherboard needs to be replaced. "Okay. I'll just send it back to be replaced. I'm still under warranty." So I call you guys and the first person I talk to says that because I don't have my serial number (found only on the box, the warranty packet and on the powered device) "they can't help me." Can't turn on my laptop and I don't have my box, nor do I have the warranty packet. All I know is that the first person I talked to couldn't help in any way. Not even point me in the direction of receiving help. The second time I called they said they could help me out. They gave me case number and sent me a link to verifying my laptop info. It's been a week. I haven't heard back. Are you just waiting for my warranty to expire? I'm disappointed that my experience doesn't matter to this company. One star.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I returned my laptop to ASUS to be repaired, as my machine was failing to power up. The ultimate fix was that I needed a new A/C adapter and needed to get a new laptop cover (top of notebook) as my cover was dented (Don't ask me what this has to do with a power issue. They said that they couldn't move forward with the repair if I didn't agree to have it replaced... but I determined fine... whatever... I sucked it up and had the top cover replaced). HOWEVER, during the repair, ASUS acted negligently by taking it upon themselves to reset my operating system, which wiped all my data away permanently.

They did not ask for my permission (which they are supposed to do) to perform this action (it wouldn't have been granted) nor did the action they took have anything to do with fixing my machine. They had no legitimate response for why they did this. If anyone is processing a RMA to return a device for repair, I urge you not to give them your system password, so that they cannot harm you as they have harmed me. They have lost a customer for life. I will also be initiating a lawsuit for their negligence.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I, like other users, had a very difficult time with understanding the techs. I was having trouble copying files from the HD to a disc or to a flash drive. I contacted ASUS and one tech informed that my 2 month old laptop may not have the ability to copy files. Another call and no help because I couldn't understand the tech. After trying to copy, as I have done so successfully on my other laptops and PCs, my ASUS showed the files on a disc, but could not be read on my other units. It appears that ASUS unit, or at least my unit, cannot copy even Word docs directly to a disc or flash drive. I had to copy files and images to the unit's HD first, then to disc or flash drive. This is a pain.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Their customer service team either does not speak proper English cannot pronounce the words or they're just downright miserable to be working in their job. Their computer malfunctioned and then literally sent me a letter explaining how they do not pay shipping for a computer to be transported to their service department. So not only did we pay shipping to receive the computer, now we're paying shipping again to have the computer service so either way with a warranty we are paying. I understand this might not be that big of a deal to the man that owns the company period that you are average middle-class American like myself, I will not be able to afford the shipping until next week. Thank you Asus!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought an ASUS VivoBook A540LA a year ago. Everything was fine until suddenly, while opening my laptop, I heard some cracking noise. Had no idea what it was and tried to reopen it twice again. Plastic, covering the hinges, broke and hit the screen on the left bottom corner which, because of the hit, got a bit broken, too. As I had always used my laptop carefully and safely, immediately took it to the warranty center. Was shocked when they notified me that they refuse to repair my laptop for free. No other mechanical damages could be see on the laptop, only the broken hinges covering plastic and the screen. I tried to email ASUS support, asked to provide me with valid arguments why they believe it is right not to repair my laptop for free but all I got was "we believe the warranty center acted rightfully". Neither buying ASUS ever again nor letting my friends or family buy ASUS production.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I purchased a ASUS F402B notebook 6 months ago. I sent it back to ASUS recently for repair since the download speed was 4.0 mbps. A local computer technician reloaded the OS and determined the notebook needed a new WiFi card. ASUS did not replace the WiFi card and I doubt they even ran a speed test on the device even though I sent detailed documentation on the problem. When I called again to explain the notebook was not fixed. They wanted me to return it again! I did not and will not! I had a local technician replace the defective WiFi card and the notebook’s download speed has improved greatly. Stay away from ASUS!

Original review: March 31, 2018

If you are looking for a reliable and easy to use computer, ASUS laptops are not recommended personally. Since purchasing my laptop over 18 months ago I have been having issues with it staying connected to my internet and the screen has recently started going out or won’t even display. I have two Toshibas. No problems. Just got old and have an IPAD Pro. Unfortunately, multiple calls to ASUS has not rectified this issue. It has something to do with the RealTek Model: R541U hard drive. It continuously disconnects from my internet and it won’t even acknowledge my hot spot.

Not sure what the issue is but it seems to be a defect with their computer. Once again if your time is valuable please don’t sink your money in this product. To add insult to injury a friend of mine recently bought the same laptop new a few months ago and is having the same problem. We are consumers and work for our money. Just like cars, there are laws in place if sold a lemon car, there should be the same laws for computers. Especially if there are a number of bad reviews on a particular product.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased an Asus - Q524UQ 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive - Chocolate Black on June 29, 2016. Within a few months, I started having minor problems. Later that problem grew. Computer constantly freezes causing me to log off and on quite a lot. Had a technician work on it remotely a few times (taking hours from my day). Subsequently, I had one come to my home at least 4 times for the same problems. System crash/freezes. Keep your money. Don't buy this product. Not worth it, especially if you're self-employed or work from home.

Original review: March 28, 2018

In the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get ASUS to send a shipping label for their faulty laptop that The Source in Parksville, BC Canada sold her. The Source refused to refund her money for a physically damaged computer they sold her... Damaged inside the box. They referred us to ASUS customer service but it should be called CUSTOMER TORTURE because of how we have been treated. She had to pay to ship their broken merchandise back to them in a box that wasn't the original. They didn't want use to send it in the original box so we had to make one to fit. It took them over a month to get it "fixed" and when it came back it worked for less than a year. Now it won't turn on. I am baffled by this because she doesn't use it for anything other than email to her friends, looking at 3 cooking websites and occasionally playing solitaire.

She knows not to open weird emails or attachments etc and has said nothing abnormal has happened that would appear virus-like. I have an ASUS desktop and I hate it. It's a slow clunky thing right from the day it was bought. It was a gift... I'd never buy ASUS as a rule because I know the product to be junk. Their customer service team has yelled at me, emailed aggressively and verbally abusive emails and has stalled for almost 1 week now in providing a shipping label they PROMISED to send to make up for the trouble and inconvenience the first shipping experience created... Apparently they were supposed to send a shipping label instead of my grandmother paying almost $50 to ship it when there was warranty on it.

I feel like the computer problems this time are compounded from the original damage and they should have sent her a new one... Or better still an apology note and a full refund for selling such faulty garbage in the first place. This company has absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced. One particular employee should be fired for his involvement and I've expressed this to the company. They delay and ignore responding until you lose all your patience and they treat their customers like their children. I cannot get over how much I was lectured by one employee on the phone and all I did was follow instructions and call in to get a shipping label sent to my email address because THEY asked me to call in.

I didn't sign up for this and will never buy an ASUS product ever. I will strongly encourage my family and friends to avoid the company at all costs and I hope the general public can see this review and be educated in their technology choices. Stay away from ASUS... The product and service are the worst you'll experience in the industry.

Original review: March 27, 2018

If you are thinking of buying any Asus Products, Don't! I have been going around and around with them for months about a tablet (Asus T100 HA) I bought from them. The charging port went completely a week after the one year warranty expired. I paid to have that replaced and found out later that is and was a characteristic problem for this particular tablet. A few weeks later a connector called an Ffc-fpc connector went. When I asked them to purchase this connector from Asus, they said they don't build their tablets, a third party does, and they have NO ACCESS TO THEIR PARTS OR THEIR OWN PRODUCTS. When I asked for contact info for the third party who builds them, they said they have no contact information for the third party and could not identify the third party. I have made countless calls to representatives at Asus and got nowhere. Supposedly they sent it to Level 2 and Level 3 supervisors.

I spoke to a Dwight ** and Elroy ** who said they were Customer Care reps but not supervisors for level 3 and that they would do everything they could to help me get a description of the parts needed so I could try to buy them elsewhere. I contacted some eBay sellers in China who told me if I could tell them the specifics pin number, pin count and whether the connector was a drawing or a flip type. These sellers were shocked that ASUS could not supply me with the information I needed to match up the correct connector! They also said they could easily supply me with the correct connector once I gave them the information they asked me for to supply the part. So I called Asus again and after 5 phone calls, they said that info is not available. So in other words, they are not WILLING to help me. They don't know what parts are in their own products.? PLEASE!!! What a horse and pony show!! BEWARE OF ASUS! GARBAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had such trouble with my Asus. The motherboard failed within 6 months of using the laptop. I sent it away to be fixed and was without it for two weeks at my expense. Then it broke again two weeks later and I waited for it to be fixed for two months. Right after the one year warranty ended it broke again! So I didn't have it much longer than one year and had to throw it away. I lost tons of old files. I think there's some merit to a class action lawsuit based on faulty motherboards. I tried but they wouldn't take it back or exchange it while under warranty even though I said it was a lemon.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have spent countless hours looking on all ‘help’ websites, calling and ‘chatting’ with ASUS technical support and it was the worst experience. After going on dozens of ‘help’ websites and trying everything anyone could offer to help, I am left with a useless ASUS Chromebook C300. I have never had a worse customer service/technical support service experience in my life! After attempting everything recommended by the ‘help’ websites, I finally broke down and called ASUS. There was a clear language barrier and I could not understand what the gentleman was saying. I cannot even tell you his name…

I had explained my issue – ‘OS MISSING OR DAMAGED’ – and stuck in the ‘RECOVERY IN PROGRESS’. I explained to him what I have tried to do, and his response was “I don’t know, there is nothing further you can do”. SERIOUSLY??? Thank you for your technical support. The next day I decided to ‘chat’ with an ASUS technical support person and that was just as bad. I have screenshots of entire ‘chat’ convo. Let’s just say, there was nothing TECHNICAL about the support. Absolutely horrific!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I purchased an ASUS laptop from Best Buy (whom I will also write a review on) for $270.00. The computer was slow from the start, but on day 35 STOPPED WORKING COMPLETELY! The ASUS company indicates that they have a one year warranty. Don't be fooled. This only means that they want it mailed to them so that they can refurbish it and send you back a $250.00 refurbished computer. They will not warranty the purchase of the computer, and they expect that you will just "do without" a computer while they refurbish it, indefinite wait time. The customer service was not helpful and suggested that I did something to make the computer stop working! OK, so just call me an idiot unfamiliar with today's technology. I will NEVER, EVER purchase another ASUS! They do not care about the quality of their product nor do they care about the expense for the person purchasing it.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Asus is selling the RADEON RX-560D reduced compute units (14) version as the RADEON RX-560 16 compute units full version. This crippled version the RADEON RX-560D has about a 20% reduced performance compared to the original RX-560. Though the chip manufacturer (AMD) is really responsible for this at least they are honest about it. I have spent about three hours on the phone with ASUS over the past two days and they will neither confirm or deny it. Attached is a screenshot showing the compute units for my board (which I will be returning today).

Original review: March 14, 2018

After years of purchasing new computers every 2-3 years I decided upon the recommendation of a friend to "invest" in ASUS "a better computer". This couldn't be further from the truth. This laptop was 4 times the cost of what I spent in the past and within the first year I started having problems. Specifically, every time I unplug my keyboard and use the keyboard on my laptop it reviews to some strange text and I have to use the num lock to get back to normal. Also twice now the internal speaker broke down which basically means that everything sound echoey and tinny and is terribly annoying. Also every few days my computer can't find the internal mic so using a headset is mandatory and even then it cuts itself off all the time. I'm so bummed out. I hate wasting money. Looks like I'll have to buy another computer again.

Original review: March 11, 2018

On October 2017, I made one of the worse decisions in my life by deciding to buy an ASUS laptop. I am a final year uni student and in desperate need of a good laptop to do my final year works and my loyal Acer laptop was nearing its end after being with me for more than 6 years. This time around I decided to try a new brand and went on to purchase an ASUS X441U Notebook. Worse decision ever!! The next day after I purchased it, the screen started to freeze and I brought it back to the shop and they fixed it for me. After 4 days, the laptop started shutting down on its own while I'm using it! This time around I brought it to Asus customer care (one of the worse!) and they took 1 week to fix it and didn't bother to explain in detail to me what was wrong with my laptop. They just mentioned that they changed the keyboard due to a short circuit and that's it.

Fast forward 2 weeks (I didn't use my laptop after bringing it back from the shop), the same problem again!! To make long story short, this problem repeated for 3 more times and each time the customer care said they changed different parts of my laptop. Now it's March 2018 and I still don't have a functioning laptop. The Asus customer service is one of the worst I've encountered with their lackadaisical attitude and rude manners.

It's been 3 weeks and they still have not contacted me regarding the new parts (my laptop is still with me as they said that the new parts are not here yet). I have to drive all the way to the service centre every time they call and manager even has the guts to question how much it costs me to drive each time there in a cynical manner when I told them that I have trouble traveling to and fro every time. Overall, it's been a never ending nightmare for me. My friends experienced similar problems with Asus and their subpar quality. Please stay away from this brand!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Should have been suspicious when Best Buy had this $1,200 laptop on "closeout". Battery suddenly failed after only 4 months of use. ASUS said to take it back to where I bought it (Best Buy). Best Buy's inept Geek Squad repair center has now had it for more than two weeks -- just to replace battery and motherboard (I think). When I was finally able to talk to a real person there, I asked if they thought I had a "lemon" and could get a replacement or credit for a new one (different brand). They said it usually takes at least 3 repair center trips before they do that. Based on the laptop's performance so far (and the ASUS reviews I've read), I might be in for more of the same before I can get a new one.

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ASUS Company Information

www.asus.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business