1.35/5

672 ASUS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought a gaming laptop and I am having issues since then. The keyboard every now and then stops working and I have to do some maintenance in order to get it work again. The CPU go all the way up to 90% every time I open an application, even if it is Notepad. I tried to recover to factory maybe this will fix the problem and now I am facing an additional issue which is whenever I right click the desktop it takes over a minute to respond. I am done with Asus.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought an Asus gaming pc that had a promotion on it, so I go home, set up my pc and try to do the steps to get the promotion, it didn't work. So I contact Asus support, wait 2 days and they respond the exact same steps that is already detailed on the receipt of the store on what to do to get the promotion even if in the email I already said I did those steps and didn't work. So now they say, "We don't deal with the promotion. You have to contact Asus Promotion." So I send an email to Asus Promotion and wait 4 days to get a response, no response.

So I send another email, wait 2 days and then I get the same response as the first email I sent with the steps I already know, so I respond to the email and they never respond back. So now I decide to contact the tech support, but you know what? They don't deal with the promo so have to contact the Asus promo division or team or I don't know what. In conclusion don't buy Asus if you want to have an after sale support. Hope the product you buy don't break cause if you want to get support you're going to be alone.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased an Asus mod. #Q504U from Best Buy in July, 2016 for my granddaughter to take to College. They said Asus was a very good laptop, trouble free. The factory warranty is 1 yr., so I bought an extended 1 year warranty. 3 months after that warranty the laptop stopped working. The display went dark, does not come on, and the Geek Squad agent said the motherboard is bad. They said it would cost over $800.00, and three weeks to repair.

I called Asus to talk to customer service regarding the laptop failure, warranty, needed repairs, and cost. They said it's out of warranty, it would cost approximately $400.00 for repairs, and would take 2 to 3 weeks for repairs. I asked to speak to someone higher up to appeal Asus' coverage for repairs. They said whoever you talk to will tell you the same. I asked to talk with the President or Vice President of the company and was told there was no way for anyone to contact them.

Anyway, these are pretty severe and costly failures to occur in a top of the line laptop. I would think a credible company would agree, and would go over and above to resolve the problems. I have purchased less expensive laptops for my other children, grandchildren, and for my self, and they are still working fine. These other laptops are Dell, HP, and Toshiba. They range from 5 year old HP tablets for my two youngest grandchildren now 12 and 14 years old, a 7 year old Dell for my oldest granddaughter who is now 24, a 7 year old Toshiba for my oldest daughter, a 5 year old Dell for my youngest daughter, and a 5 year old Toshiba laptop for me. All, are still working great with NO PROBLEMS. PLEASE, do yourself a great favor by not buying an Asus laptop. They are not dependable or reliable, and they do not last. Stay with Dell, Toshiba, and HP for longer, trouble free life.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Bought it late May 2018. Won't startup just after five months of purchase (Black screen right after ASUS logo). Personally went to an authorized service center to drop it off (October 8, 2018); they told me to wait 5-7 working days for repair service (it's free because it's still under warranty). After a week, they returned the notebook to me via mail, only to find that IT STILL WON'T START UP (this time black screen right after windows login). They re-installed my Windows to Chinese language so I can't troubleshoot the problem myself.

Going there again by myself to complain about this, and yet they told me to WAIT AGAIN for 5-7 working days just to check on this issue. And they don't even offer me a temporary replacement or anything (FYI I'm a freelancer and I need laptop for work, hence during the first repair I was having so much trouble explaining to clients why I can't finish the work on time; eventually I have to run around to borrow my friend's computers). Called the customer service to vent as well, they only offer service in Chinese. And please note that this is a new bought laptop, right here in Taiwan (their headquarters/home office). I can't imagine how they will treat you outside of Taiwan. As for myself, I will not buy ASUS products anymore.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Mine is approximately 18 months old. Getting the screen to work is always a reboot. Now it will not accept a charge (plugged in not charging) message. I verified wall plug is fine. Called, they could care less. I asked should I go with new charger or any other suggestions. Phone went dead. Do not buy this problem product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Bought a higher end ROG laptop only to experience motherboard failure within a few months. It was repaired once under warranty but the issue persisted and died again. Tech support advised me to just get a new laptop as I would keep facing the same issue even if they fixed it. Laptop didn't not even last 2 years in total, and half the time it was practically unusable. Horrible product quality.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased a $1200 ASUS computer because I was looking for top quality, and was willing to fork out the money to get something fast and robust. I made a huge mistake. I have already had to return it twice, once because it wouldn't boot, and once for a screen problem - happily I bought a software and a hardware contract from Geek Squad (add $400), because I used it - still they couldn't/wouldn't solve the noise issue. I wanted to use the computer for recording music, but it has a VERY loud fan noise that makes that impossible. When I took it into Best Buy, they couldn't hear the fan noise... because the place is seriously LOUD! So to this day it sounds like the fan is beating against something. Additionally, it is so slow to boot, and so slow to respond. It is, in short, an Albatross. Thus, rather than pay top dollar for an ASUS, consider giving $1500 to some random homeless person. You will feel better, and save tons of frustration!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The rebate company was taken over by another rebate company, and guess what! They will not give you your money unless you call to re-ignite your claim. A pretty crappy transition. This other company will probably just be keeping your money unless you call (888) 820-8964. My rebate has been missing for over a year but I called and they said they’re going to send my money, finally!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I pay almost $800.00 for a laptop and few days later it went out. I called them and they told me to send it back. They took more than 2 weeks to fixes, but it went out again. I sent it back 6 time during I had a warranty. They told me they going to change for another one, but they didn't. It never work properly. They stole my money and send an old computer. Now I have to buy another. If you don't want to lose your money, don't buy anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I've had an Asus laptop for about a year and it stopped being able to connect to my wifi. After quite a bit of troubleshooting I still had the same problem and finally decided to get rid of the laptop and find one that will work longer than a year. Would not recommend buying anything from this company!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Purchase this brand of computer 15 months ago for grad school. Got through two semesters and then the hard drive completely failed. Very disappointed in this product and will never buy from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

First person I talked to in tech-support read right out of a book, did not seem to have any knowledge on the subject. My issue got escalated to higher-level tech support where they had me fill out a form, which they never read. After a few days I got an email asking me to fill out the form which was the first thing on the email chain. Then over the course of next few days there let me know how interested they were on resolving my issue and on the fifth day, I was sent an email with a link to Asus web page to update my drivers & the page did not contain drivers or driver updates. I was not happy & felt like they could care less about me as a client. Their products are slickly packaged & look good. When you have a minor glitch DON'T BOTHER CALL ASUS TECH-SUPPORT they DON'T CARE or even read the emails.

They won't get back with you in a timely manner & WILL make you feel like a total idiot for waiting. Other than that I used to think I had a quality product, I feel research and development put a lot of effort into what they do, but with tech support??? After this experience; I’m not sure what they can do for me to keep them in consideration for the future, but it's okay because I simply spend less than $2000 a year with them. So it won’t affect their bottom line.

For all of you thinking of buying Asus equipment it has generally worked well in most cases great. And this is my only experience with tech support but with the way I was treated… I rather have my foot run over by a car. At least there I would know to expect delay and lack of use for a time and maybe a need to replaces some parts to get on with life… with this tech support you are left hanging in the dark with no clue other than if you need to resolve buy new equipment while they decide to get back with you… that is if they do. It has been a full 7 day cycle and still no response other than after 5 days I was told to try updating my drivers… that seems like they paid a lot of attention.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

When your monitor goes bad 5 days before the warranty runs out, that's a blessing, right? Not if it's an ASUS product. They tried to tell me it was out of warranty. When I returned it, $153 quote to replace the panel, even though there was never any indication that was the cause of the issue. NONE of the emails they send you can be replied to, but you can live chat...

Only the chat rep asks you to call. So you call and the rep says he can pass onto the engineers that they can proceed with the repair and not be concerned with the scratch, however daily automatic reminders let you know that they still want $153 for the original quote. You were assured that it would be 2-3 days before you hear back and then you do hear back. You receive a shipping notice to advise the monitor is being returned. No indication of whether it has been fixed. Monitor arrives with no paperwork to indicate if it has been fixed and then you realize it still has the same issue I sent it in with and now, of course, the monitor is no longer in warranty. So weeks later and apparently all they did was babysit it and then box it up and send it back. Fantastic.

Now the more cynical among you might think this all amounts to stalling tactics to get out of repairing the monitor under warranty but in all honesty, I just think they are inept with systems in place to do anything but benefit the customer. Will I ever buy anything else from ASUS? No. Will I ever recommend the brand to anyone else? Definitely not. Will I do everything I can to let everyone know how they should avoid anything with that 4 letter word on it? ABSOLUTELY. Maybe a better way to remember not to use them is if they could rebrand to ASUckS.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought an ASUS ROG laptop & after a mandatory (not initiated by me) Windows update the laptop got stuck in a reboot loop. I ordered the factory image (via USB) from ASUS, went into the bios, & did a clean install of Windows. I noticed it hadn't wiped the data from the drives, so I did another reset via the Windows settings & this time it got stuck at 30%. After speaking with ASUS techs they had me send it in for repairs. When I got it back I tried to do a reset via Windows settings again & this time it said an error occurred. Asus had me send it in for repairs again.

When I got it back, I did a reset again & it got stuck at 30% again. They told me to send it in a 3rd time. I requested a replacement. They offered a refurbished one. I told them I didn't buy a refurbished computer, I bought a new one & I expect a new replacement since it was a faulty ASUS product. They refused. Reporting them to the BBB & contacting my attorney to take them to small claims court. Avoid ASUS.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Ran fine for a few months. Then slow as molasses in January. I would called ASUS support and they talked me through steps to getting running better again. Fine, for a while. Then it became a monthly problem. Then freezing started happening. At no time during Warranty did they suggest sending it in. I should note that the Support people never seemed to use the same methods in clearing it, and when they would go through a procedure that didn't clear up the problem, they would sound baffled (you could almost see them shrugging their shoulders like "I dunno"). This last call, the support person claimed it was still under Warranty and set me up to send it in. Because I am lazy, I didn't get around to it right away. Lucky. The repair center called to say I WASN'T under Warranty, and that I would have to cover the cost. I am guessing they were thinking that I had already sent it in. My advice is NO. Don't buy ASUS.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ASUS. Dishonest to the bone. I sent a laptop in because the hard drive burned out and asked if they could also replace one key on the keyboard. Response. "Yes, but will cut $500.00." "Why so much?" "Because we need to replace the whole keyboard!" "You can't replace just one key?" "No, we must replace the whole keyboard!" Will never again buy anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I recently bought an ASUS laptop, after reading online that it had good speakers. The speaker is located on the BOTTOM of the laptop! Therefore the sound quality is not good, especially on some websites. I have tried reloading Windows 10, reloading the factory sound system and nothing helps. $1300 later, I would not buy this computer again!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Out of the box first glance great. Then... won't run programs properly... then... graphics card gets crashy. Now losing brighten... had to restore. Now I've owned this thing 6 months. I looking at the graphics card failing then no reboot and then... I beating it with sledge hammer putting on Youtube just show how wonderful this piece of garbage is.

Original review: July 22, 2018

My ASUS Zen AiO all-in-one computer I put in sleep mode, I checked device manager. Should wake up using keyboard, it stays asleep and is frozen in sleep off mode. I cannot wake it up. Went thru website and they wanted my CC (fully refundable perhaps) which is not proper considering I spent $14000.00 on this machine a few weeks ago and this should not happen to begin with and to ask for money, NOOOOOOO.

Original review: July 18, 2018

ASUS Rog G701 Gaming Laptop - so-called "Top of the line" - As of July 15th ASUS received my laptop and now claims it is "LOST". This laptop cost thousands of Hard earned money. Within a year I had to return that same Laptop 3 Times, yes... 3 times. Asus had my laptop more time than I have used it. All 3 laptops Broke, 2 of the 3 laptops came out of the Box Broken. Twice the up, down, left, right keys broke right off with no way to fix or replace like other models. ASUS G701 had some many Problems that ASUS has changed the new models the G703. So ASUS knows they have problems with the G701 laptop. Right out of the box, 2 of the 3 laptops would run "RED" hot, yet you just turned it on. When you go to Gaming center and look at Heat gauge it would be All RED and FULL all the way to the top. "Very Scary".

Next was the Problem that caused me to go nuts with ASUS. Every time you went online or tried to play an online game. A "Warning" Pop-up would appear and then kick you offline. Pop- up Stated "Local Disc" (c) and (d) were filled and could not run any more. Yet there were "NO Files" what so ever on the laptop. That problem makes that Laptop UNUSEABLE. Now ASUS has sent my 3rd laptop to their Repair center in Texas just to find out it is "LOST" and their answer to me is … "You will just have to wait." As an Disabled person who works online and needs a working laptop. This is clearly UNACCEPTABLE. I noticed from other reviews that this happens all the time.

People need to STAY AWAY from ASUS and their TEXAS repair center. Unlike other people who feel helpless in matters like this. ASUS forgets one thing and that's the POWER of the internet. WE the PEOPLE will stand UNITED against ASUS and all their sub companies and repair centers. This is only the Beginning … ASUS, if I was you. I would get me a Refund Real Fast. Your Reputation is about to get destroyed, Besides seeing you in court when I tell my lawyer. It takes 2 minutes to issue a REFUND, yet YOU choose to take the Hard way. The more this goes on, the more my health gets affected. My advice to all buyers thinking of buying or using an ASUS product is.... STAY AWAY… BEWARE…

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased the top of the line laptop from Asus Q524U, and have had nothing but problems with it. It is very slow to connect to internet... It needs to be rebooted daily... The screen turns itself upside down on a daily basis. It is a piece of garbage… I DO NOT recommend any Asus laptops.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Sent computer in for repair. 38 days later my computer still has not been repaired. I asked to speak with a manager. Was told I needed to speak with Corporate management. Then they sent an email informing me that they had already spoken with Corporate and there was nothing they could do to help me. I would just have to be patient and wait.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I bought a ASUS laptop and it was one of the models I paid 1600. for it. Really didn't use it much. Had a 100 dollar cooler for it. The laptop lasted 1 year and 1 month and the motherboard went out. They wouldn't even help on half the price. Took it to Best Buy. The agent said this laptop look great and he goes there is, no dust or anything. Best Buy said they would fix it for 456ish. ASUS turned around and said they would fix it for 690. Dollars. Rip off company in my opinion. Now Best Buy has been waiting on parts since the 25 of June. It is now July the 5th and still no parts. I'll avoid ASUS from here on out.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We purchased a tablet in August 2017. It had charging problems in Oct 2017 and was repaired under warranty. Same issue in Jan. 2018. June 2018 the tablet again stopped charging for good during final exam week. Asus asked us to send it in for repair for a third time and magically our warranty had ended. They wanted to charge us $179 to repair a $300 tablet that was less than a year old. I'm NEVER buying from them again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Today arrived my Son's laptop ASUS ROG STRIX from ASUS service center. My Son bought his Laptop in March but it got damaged 3 weeks after unpacking it only; I called and written to ASUS asking how the global warranty would works if I live in México, the ASUS call center persons answered that "the ASUS Global Warranty" does not works outside USA (I don't Understood how can be global warranty if does not works worldwide), perhaps ASUS personnel thinks that USA is entire world, really.

I had to paid shipping, customs and handling to Texas for to sent my Laptop at repairs, Today it arrived packed on generic box, without user's manual, without warranty sheet, almost one month on service center. What kind of customer service ASUS gives? Why the displicent attention? What kind of respect do customers deserve? I don't Understand, what we did wrong for ASUS? PERHAPS WE BOUGHT THE WRONG BRAND!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had my Acer laptop replaced with an Asus Republic of Gamers laptop, but have only just started using it due to hospital. I find it very frustrating to use. My main complaint/suggestion is that the choice of red on black looks very nice, but is completely impractical, particularly if one has bad eyesight or using in a dark environment. The most frustrating design detail, is the position of the pad and two small control pads. I strongly feel it should be placed central of the laptop itself and not to the left. I am continually using the right click instead of the left click and this is really annoying me! Also, the whole keyboard is too sensitive and just hovering over info. leads me into that info. I prefer a positive click, when I have chosen the content. I am probably wasting my time and effort with this complaint/suggestion, but had to get it off my chest!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought this (Asus Zen phone) having some fair knowledge on ASUS & expecting it to be quite competitive, but it was not to that extent. First there was a display issue & they took nearly 2 months for repair. Second time there was power ON issue. Almost 2 months still no response on the issue/status. Really very bad customer focus.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I purchased a notebook from ASUS a couple of months ago worth $2500 and paid an additional amount on top of that for an international warranty as I am a frequent traveler. This week, I left my laptop charger in Japan en route to Singapore. When I arrived in Singapore (not my home country), I rang the ASUS Singapore contact number to find out where I could purchase a replacement ASUS laptop charger for my laptop and what the cost would be, thinking it should be a fairly simple process to get this information.

To my horror, I was informed by the customer service rep that he didn't have this information and that he would ring me back. He promised to ring me back by 5 pm that day (I had the conversation with him at 10 am). I told him it was absolutely necessary for me to obtain a charger that day as the bulk of my work involved working on my laptop.

Needless to say, I did not receive a call back until the next day at 12 pm. But the clincher was this - he rang me to say that the ASUS service centre in Singapore has refused to provide me with information on whether they had stock of the laptop charger or how much it would cost because I purchased my laptop in Australia and they will only help me if I walk into the ASUS service centre.

How absolutely preposterous!!! This must be the worst customer service I have received anywhere in the world and with any company. After paying over $2500 for a laptop WITH INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY, I am told they will not answer a simple question as to where I can PURCHASE (I hasn't asked or a free laptop charger) in Singapore. The best advice I can give is not to waste your money on an ASUS computer. It is obvious they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Well. I make 8,000 a year as a part time employee and full time student. And I decided to invest 1,200 in what is supposed to be a quality laptop. But 9 months in, my motherboard needs to be replaced. "Okay. I'll just send it back to be replaced. I'm still under warranty." So I call you guys and the first person I talk to says that because I don't have my serial number (found only on the box, the warranty packet and on the powered device) "they can't help me." Can't turn on my laptop and I don't have my box, nor do I have the warranty packet. All I know is that the first person I talked to couldn't help in any way. Not even point me in the direction of receiving help. The second time I called they said they could help me out. They gave me case number and sent me a link to verifying my laptop info. It's been a week. I haven't heard back. Are you just waiting for my warranty to expire? I'm disappointed that my experience doesn't matter to this company. One star.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I returned my laptop to ASUS to be repaired, as my machine was failing to power up. The ultimate fix was that I needed a new A/C adapter and needed to get a new laptop cover (top of notebook) as my cover was dented (Don't ask me what this has to do with a power issue. They said that they couldn't move forward with the repair if I didn't agree to have it replaced... but I determined fine... whatever... I sucked it up and had the top cover replaced). HOWEVER, during the repair, ASUS acted negligently by taking it upon themselves to reset my operating system, which wiped all my data away permanently.

They did not ask for my permission (which they are supposed to do) to perform this action (it wouldn't have been granted) nor did the action they took have anything to do with fixing my machine. They had no legitimate response for why they did this. If anyone is processing a RMA to return a device for repair, I urge you not to give them your system password, so that they cannot harm you as they have harmed me. They have lost a customer for life. I will also be initiating a lawsuit for their negligence.

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs