3.9/5 (448 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About ASUS

ASUS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Purchased a commercial ($1000) motherboard for a pro-workstation on 11/7/22. The motherboard arrived in a timely manner however after a lot of failures to POST I was able to verify that it had a defective H1 DIMM slot. A couple of contacts with ASUS support and the situation is as follows: ASUS wanted to charge me 15% ($150) restocking fee for one discarded piece of plastic packing material, expect to take 3 - 5 Business to refund me after receipt of a returned unit, have yet to provide an RMA with instructions, do not offer a replacement and did not offer a repair. Looks like I now have to buy another motherboard and roll the dice to see if ASUS determine the returned/defective motherboard is worthy of a refund, how much and when. I will never buy direct from these guys again and may never buy ASUS again given the lack of QC on such a high end motherboard.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Hello. Bought the new x515j - broken after a month or so.. (dead brick) replaced then broken again after a couple weeks - monitor dead - want to fix, as it is a perfectly working good computer - BUT it is fragile AF, and I can't put good money after bad - ... I think my worst electronics purchase ever - lemons - ASUS are lemons.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I bought a K55N Asus back in late 2013/early 2014 & had problems with it from day one. The overseas call center kept saying it was Win 8 & so I accepted their assessment. By the time I had some free time & had tested more things & realized it wasn’t just Win 8, it was the laptop, the year was up and they REFUSED to repair it. It was only a smidgen after the 1 year.

I hate Asus with a passion. Their tech support are robots reading off a script and I figured out, meant to stall you so they never have to fix the problem. When I went to go look, on the BBB site for Asus, there was a RED FLASHING WARNING be very careful when buying from this company. That's how many complaints they got. BBB removed the warning b/c the last time I checked it was gone. I heard their MBs are great & I wouldn't know, all I can tell you is that their laptops are horrific & others have complained too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I bought expensive motherboard. After warranty it has failed. Contact few people in Asus and conclude no service center available except laptop and mobile. From reviews I can understand even in warranty period also if product fails they are neither do service or give replacement.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I am a victim of fraud. I got charged from this company and I called and spoke to customer service several times. They took my information down and verified everything from me. I provided my correct email and home address. After dealing with this company for 2 and a half months. They denied my refund and declined my charged back from my bank. Not one time they even tried to assist me in any way. I have emails Providing all my pleas. But at the end they never refund my money. The next step is to post all screenshots of my emails back and forth between myself and this company to each and every social media platform. Also reporting them to the BBB. If push comes to shove I will get an attorney or even take them to court.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I had bought 3 ASUS ROG 5 phones from Flipkart in ending December 2021... One of the Phone went down a month ago (M4AIGF007556GAB) having some issues with the motherboard which I came to know through the guy at service center. That time I didn't even bother escalating things or complaining anywhere. I went straight to the service center although I had to travel 460 kilometers from Ladakh to Srinagar in order to get the phone repaired. Now on August 9th another One (M4AIGF0064528JX) is dead all of a sudden which I believe could be the same issue with the motherboard as all over India the same problems are being reported for this particular device.

Now I don't want this phone to be repaired as I already have a bad experience with the previous phone which was repaired by the service centre... That phone is lagging and the back panel of the phone is not properly attached.. That looks like a piece of scrap... I asked for the refund which they denied they said they want me to send the device so that the team can examine the device ... I did as I was told to... after few days they dropped a mail in which they said they have replaced the main board and the device is ready to ship ... they replaced the main board without my consent. I had not sent my device for repairs. I was claiming a refund. How lost are these guys? Now they are ignoring my mails ... I have no choice but to file a lawsuit against them ... A very low quality standard by Asus ... It's Shame.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Wow - all ASUS computers are junk.. This computer is a scam. Do not buy - purchase from any other vendor but ASUS. Overheated, on fire, useless piece of trash. Customer support - has no idea of what real customer support means.

Original review: July 6, 2022

The worst customer service (ASUS) and the worst monitor. Earlier this year I bought an ASUS monitor (VG289Q1A) from “B&H” store. After a few days my monitor started flickering. I'm an IT professional so I did some troubleshooting myself then called ASUS who blamed the PC. After some more troubleshooting I was convinced the problem is with the monitor but ASUS did not want to refund the money, did not want to send me a replacement within a reasonable timeframe and said I have to ship it out to CA so they can fix it.

I waited a couple of weeks and after 2 days of getting the "fixed" monitor it was flickering again and I realized the audio stopped working. More calls to ASUS support resulted in more frustration, no refund and a defective monitor. From February until now ASUS was not able to amend my very poor experience with their product and customer service. Take my advice: don't buy from ASUS - go to a good company with good customer service and good warranty (like Intel).

Original review: May 22, 2022

So I bought an Asus laptop almost year ago and it came with a faulty sd card reader. I figured no big deal, easy fix and I didn't really need it. I had other ways transferring data. Fast forward six months and I figure I might as well get this thing taken care of halfway through the warranty so I contact Asus and they want me to send them the laptop for testing. Problem is they're still using the pandemic as an excuse and they don't know how long they're going to have it that it's indeterminate at this point so they told me It could be 2 or 3 months. They aren't sure. So I explained to them that I work with my laptop everyday. That's how I make a living and that's not going to work to send this thing in for 2 or 3 months or whatever for them to test the computer when I've actually already pulled the card and there's some broken pins on it they're only like half of them are connected so I tell them I've already done the testing let's just swap out the card unless of course he's just wants to send me a loaner laptop.

Well they have mine for an indeterminate amount of time which of course they're not going to do so but they tell me that note they have to have the laptop. They can't fix it. If they can't just send me a card me send them bad one. They don't do that. So at this point I'm like 20 emails and three phone calls in on this thing so I find the email for the CEO's office in a contact them. Well here I talked to him. Very nice lady who really seems like she wants to help so what she's going to do is she's going to find this part for me and just send it to me. Well guess what? She can't find it and I've already looked online and this thing is not available. Not anywhere in the entire planet can you order this card and it's only a year old laptop. They've only been producing these laptop for a year and it's still making them to sell obviously got to be a bin of these things somewhere has been filled computer store but she can't find one. I can't find one. They're not available.

Right so okay now she wants to do an RMA 2 to the laptop in. I agree. Explains it's for the 14th time that I work at my laptop and so forth. "Okay. So we'll just RMA the card. You send the card in. They can look at it whatever get you a new card and send it to you by." Great. That's what I've been trying to do this whole time anyways cuz I don't need them to fix it. I can fix it myself. So now we're at 32 emails and Counting no I send in the card d'armes whatever. They received the package. A week later I get an email address but the week after they have it and this guy tells me, "We just got some board thing mom. We don't know what to do with it. We can't do anything with this. We eat. We need you to send the laptop."

I in turn send him all the email references back and forth with seals I was telling them that they're going to just replace the card, Source me this card and mail it to me and we're done right? Nope can't do that. Love us. We're back. Now we're at 40 emails but each of these emails with this guy that it takes them four days to respond taking a week open the package, four days to email me and then I respond immediately that day and then take them another 45 days to email me back so this is gone on for like five or six months over this SD card reader board that literally cost like a quarter to produce that listed online but unavailable to purchase for like 15 bucks so you can't get the part anywhere. You can't get them to send one to you and you unless you send them your laptop which could take two or three months.

This point I'm pretty much ready live without the SD card reader because 42 emails and a half a dozen calls over 6 months for a $15 part that you know if they have to have somewhere just laying around isn't worth the aggravation to me. They have spent countless man-hours in paying for envelopes back and forth with this card baton everything else. All they had to do is get this part and put an envelope in the first place and send it to me and it would have been done but they have spent 50 times the amount of money and Manpower hours avoiding taking care of this then it would have just been to take care of it the first place.

I just don't get it. It's like they don't know how to do anything but they know they can't just say. This was just unscrew the card and we're done with him. We don't do if do anything this great if it saves everybody time, everybody money, treat everybody has it but they just don't do that. The thing is I really like the laptop. It's awesome but this ordeal trying to get this microSD card reader card replaced is completely soured me against the computer in the company and everything Asus and not to mention are the Asus uses the slowest SD card reader boards of any company that produces laptop there's the absolute slowest like 20 year old Tech.

One other thing I'd like to add is when I first bought the laptop email from Asus telling me that thank you for my purchase that I qualified for extended regular warranty and a full year of accident Patuxent warranty so I'm like cool so I fill out the form, send it in. Don't hear anything so I end up calling and asking about the warranty extension deal and they say, "Oh sorry. You don't qualify for this deal because you bought your computer at Best Buy." So I say, "Well why did you send me the email tell me about if I don't. "Oh well we don't know spam emails that go out. We can't control it," or some nonsense.

He told me just contact Best Buy Best Buy. I don't know what to do so I called Best Buy and they don't have a clue about this thing. They don't know what the hell I'm talking about in that extra contact Asus. I get back whole days just tell him what Best Buy told me to contact them and they just basically blew me off. They didn't really know what to say or do or they just didn't want to honor the extended warranty deal that they sent me apparently. I guess it's something just looks good on paper when they advertise but then they don't actually honor it or anything so it's a giant waste of time.

So play mean if your heart set buying a laptop from Asus a make sure that you can buy any replacement parts you need online by yourself to fix your own laptop yourself because you're never going to get anything done through Asus in any sort of timely fashion if at all so don't expect anything from them that are just going to sell you a laptop and you're never going to hear from them again. they're not going to do anything for you to just be aware of that fact when you throw down your money.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Got a ROG Strix gaming laptop on sale, open box, wonderfully built product but it stop powering on after windows configuration. I exchanged it for the same model at the store. 2 thinking since it was an open box that's just a misplaced return. The new one started having intermittent shutdowns 2 weeks after, then it also died.

I brought it to my friend electronic repair shop and we opened it up, apparently the motherboard power supply is insufficient for the power draw. He said it's a common issue with Asus gaming laptops, anyway I didn't get a replacement after knowing that fact... I got my money back from the store happy ending but that's just so weird that a huge company like that makes "known" bad products. After research apparently it's a real issue if you listen to independent repair shop. Thanks, be smart and research the products you're about to spent 1200$ on... unlike me.

ASUS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

ASUS Company Information