ASUS

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My laptop (model X553SABHC) was purchased for me by my son as a gift through Best Buy. Nothing but trouble from the beginning. I have been plagued by a tracking virus that was initially in one of the software programs the computer came with. The computer tech who discovered it is an IT expert with a financial institution and knows security issues backwards and forwards. His advice is to dump this computer and stay away from Asus.

I submitted an online order with Asus and it seems that it was rejected. When I called, I was told that I have to call the bank. I called to my credit card company which I have 0 balance and triple A rating. Credit card company indicated that there has been no charge to be declined. I called back to Asus and I was told to use another card. Same issue happened. After 5th call to Asus, I was told that they need to have three way call with my bank to place me on the safe list, after Asus asked me all the questions to verify me and my identification.

Now I have to wait on Asus mercy to call me back and they I need to reach my credit card company and beg Asus to have my business. What is the safe list? This is stupid in this age. I am going to Dell and will let others know that Asus is fake company. Asus will go bankrupt soon. I am not stupid enough to wait for them when there are plenty of company providing me good service and they are online for me to purchase from them.

Worst customer service ever. Bought their flagship phone and they refuse to honor the warranty and act like the phone isn't their brand. Pay the extra money and get yourself a Samsung or Apple product or any company that isn't Asus. Their phones suck and their service sucks worse than their devices.

You may want to rethink doing business with Asus. Just as one previous reviewer, I purchased ASUS ROG G752VY-DH72 on 2/24/2017 with two day shipping option. Received email from company the following day only AFTER funds had been deducted from my bank account stating that they would need to verify my funds. Their so-called verification process involves the customer to contact their bank through a 3 way phone call, with Asus on the phone, to verify the account actually belongs to the customer; really Asus??

Now I'm being accused of being a thief after you have taken my money and put it in limbo so that I can't have access to it? Now you want to verify that the funds are mine? Not a very smart way to do business. 3 way calls to conduct business?? People don't do that ** anymore. Get with the time or you're going to tank!! You're the ones who look suspicious. Needless to say, I cancelled my order on 2/27/2017. Now just waiting to see when I will get access to my money so that I can go elsewhere. Have always used Asus products, but after this awful transaction will never do business with them again.

I recently bought a new laptop from Asus F550VX-NH76 via Newegg. It seemed to work fine at first, but then I started noticing that it was spewing extremely hot air under more demanding use. After installing temperature monitoring software, I realized that it was routinely operating in the 80-90C range, with peaks bordering 100C. I contacted support and followed all instructions to no avail. That's when I installed some tools from Intel and realized that my CPU had been overclocked. While its nominal frequency is 2.60GHz, it was running at 3.10GHz. The laptop came like this from the factory, although there was no information whatsoever about it being overclocked (the advertisement clearly states CPU frequency as 2.60GHz).

I then asked Asus support to explain to me how to reset the frequency to the correct value of 2.60GHz (as this model uses a BIOS version that does not offer this option), to which they replied they would not be able to help me. I was told I had to send the machine back to them, which means I would have to be for a long time without a tool that is essential to me and most likely get it back completely wiped out. In summary, Asus sold an overclocked machine without informing this anywhere, did a very sloppy job by not noticing that said overclocking led to severe and chronic overheating, used a BIOS version that does not offer any option of adjusting clock frequency and refused to provide me with any instructions or tools on how to correct THEIR mistake.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

I loved this laptop while it lasted - for about 8 months. It has a year warranty though, so shouldn't be a problem. My laptop will no longer turn on at all - motherboard is shot (this is common for Asus computers if you do a quick google search). I contacted support but was told my Amazon invoice was insufficient - I needed a serial number. No serial number is attached to these laptops - it's only on the box. So if you throw the box away, no more serial number. I explain I don't have it but I can just send it to them and they can verify the serial number once they find it. They tell me that won't work - I'm out of luck.

Next, I went through the reviews of this laptop and saw someone from Asus, Tom **, writes back to all the negative reviews saying that they should just contact him and he'd fix their issue. His e-mail is **. I e-mail him and explain the problem, that my computer is totally broken and I don't have a serial number nor do I have a way to access it. He tells me to open the command prompt in windows and type wmic bios get serial number. Except my computer is completely broken, so I know this conversation is off to a bad start.

Next Tom tells me he talked to support, they said it's fine just send it in then they'll verify serial number. So I call support and they say no that's not possible. I tell Tom their response. A while later Tom gets back and tells me I need to take off the panel of my laptop (using a Torx bit set which most of us don't have lying around) and take pictures of the serial number. I do so after I order a Torx set from Amazon. After getting the pictures, I sent them in and Tom responded with the serial number.

I filled out a return merchandise authorization form with my serial number. I then talked to support, and have a copy of the transcript, where I was assured it would be repaired under warranty. I received a bill for $300 today saying that because it is now out of warranty, I have to pay for the repair. I explain to them I started the return process prior to warranty expiration and have documentation. They still refused. I have since filed a dispute and am waiting on the results of that. In summary, product lasted about 8 months. I have spent about 10 hours of my personal time trying unsuccessfully to get Asus to honor their warranty. Each support person you talk to contradicts the previous one. Awful company with a product they're unwilling to stand behind. Look elsewhere.

I bought ASUS about 1 year ago. Power adapter cord became frayed. They do not carry replacement parts for their own products. Who does or should I say doesn't do that? I bought one on Amazon but when the laptop is plugged in, the touchscreen doesn't work. Who doesn't have their own replacement parts? Customer service did not help at all. Oh, and the cursor jumping around is really annoying and has caused me to email a few things I didn't mean. Seriously, why don't they have replacement power adapters for their own products??? Can't enter order number or receipt because I was never able to order the power adapter.

My dog chewed my Asus notebook charger the day before I left for a business trip overseas. Naturally I thought I could pick another one up while away. I have now travelled for 2 weeks with a dead computer. Visiting 3 large computer stores in Berlin, 2 computer stores at Qatar airport and a computer store in Capetown, no one could help me. I understand that stores do not carry original spares for all makes of computers but none of the numerous generic plugs would fit in the Asus charger port. I called the Asus international help line and they offered the e-shop web address, (which I didn't need any help finding) so I could order another charger (while travelling!). Why does Asus and quite frankly all computer companies think it makes their products attractive by having different plugs for simple things like charging a battery in a device?? A frustrating and somewhat non-productive 2 weeks thanks to Asus.

I bought a brand new, top of the line Zenbook Pro UX501VW through Newegg. I owned it less than a year and had to send it back twice for keyboard, touch screen, and mouse pad issues. This resulted in almost two months of the laptop being away from me, which I use as a productivity tool vital to my job and schooling, because of unnecessary delays in shipping and processing. I now have to send it back a third time because the keyboard doesn't light up. Asus' answer is ship and repair as opposed to standing by their product and replacing it. I would NEVER recommend their inferior products. It seemed like a great deal because comparable specs on different computers cost more financially, but the lost time and frustration exceed the monetary cost benefit. The help center is no better as they lose previous information, provide vital warranty information that conflicts from one agent to the next, and are ill equipped to resolve issues.

Asus Padfone - asked to pay for customer service wrong diagnose. I have been searching online for the appropriate body to submit my "story" but I am not sure who to contact regarding the following issue. In January 2015 I have received as a gift an Asus mobile phone from my mum who bought it from Singapore airport (mobile shop called SprintCass Pte Ltd) and brought it to Australia. Around March 2015 it blacked out. It turned off on its own for more than 2 hours before turning on again. It did it again the following week so I brought the one month old phone at the customer service center here in Australia.

There they have informed me that the Asus Padfone is not covered by warranty in Australia so I had to send it back to the shop I bought it from. Since the turn off-on on its own issue continued with time I contacted the shop in Singapore (May 2015) who told me to bring the phone to one of the Asus centres in Perth, Melbourne or Brisbane. The centres confirmed that they do not repair phones in Australia as this specific product it is not sold here therefore not covered by local warranty.

In May 2015 I also contacted online ASUS tech support and informed about the situation. The reply and solution I received from them was: "For this issue, I suggest you press and hold down "Volume down" button first, and then press and hold down the "Power" button to see if anything appear on the screen. If your problem could not be solved after my suggestion, hardware maybe broken. I suggest you to take the product to our local service center to have a comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem."

Fast forward to August 2015 the phone stopped working completely, it wouldn't turn on anymore. At this time I bought a different phone. In September 2015 I informed tech support about the Padfone status who advised: "For this issue, if you take it back to the place of purchase, it will treated as within warranty case. Sincerely sorry for bringing you the trouble."

I wrote back to the shop in Singapore and asked them if I can send the phone to them so they can have a look at it or eventually send it in assistance in Singapore as it would be covered by warranty. They agreed and phone was sent. End of November I received a quotation from Asus Service Center Singapore (via said Singapore shop). They would charge me $110 for: CHARGING PORT damage. I replied back that there was no charging port damage, it looked more like a hardware dying problem, as informed by tech support back in May 2015. They agreed to lower the price to $80 in December 2015 , just the labour fee, because "Customer induce damage is consider warranty void. That's the reason why Labour fee is included." All of a sudden the phone issue became customer damage.

On to January 2016 (almost one year after) I have advised them that I will not agree to pay said amount. I had used the phone for only few months, paid it $400 it was simply unacceptable and requested the phone to be sent back to me. March 2016 I hadn't received it back yet. It arrived perhaps in the end of March 2016 if I remember correctly. This whole situation was past, and I gave up on the idea of having any "justice."

Fast forward to December 2016 when a friend had a phone emergency, I tried out of curiosity to charge and turn on the famous Asus Padfone 2 in an attempt to give my friend a backup phone. To my surprise the phone worked. It turned on and was as well charging and of course I was really pleased about it. I took this phone with me and I took my holiday pictures with it (lots of water and boats involved and didn't want to risk my other phone). I was supposed to know it better. Few days into the holiday it died again and with it all my photos gone. Must admit I am more disappointed about the photos than the phone itself.

Part 2 of the drama, Jan 2017 informed all the above people about what happened and the problem was escalated to higher ASUS levels. Jan 4th I was contacted by Asus Australia: Unfortunately these units are not serviced in Australia as the product only has warranty in the country it was purchased in, but in this instance our Taiwan Service branch has reached out to us for assistance in servicing the device on their behalf. "I will organise for the device to be collected from you and taken to the NSW Service Centre in Sydney. Once there, they will assess the unit and provide a remedy."

Just few days after the centre called me and confirmed it was a motherboard issue. It wasn't responding and they were trying to do their best to recover the photos but the chances were extremely low. Days after they confirmed the motherboard has to be changed. Also that the costs involved so far in checking the padfone and eventual motherboard replacement would go up to $300 and more. I have gone with them through all my story as explained above, they said they will contact HQ in Taiwan and see if they agree to cover the costs. The official refusal to cover the costs was on the 25th January 2017.

Not only I had a phone that didn't work, I was given a wrong diagnose, asked to pay for said wrong diagnose, received the correct diagnose a year after, asked to pay for a mistake they did. I have all the evidence of the email communication, receipts and quotations regarding this matter. If there could be someone, anybody, that could help me address this issue I would be very thankful.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I reloaded the webcam driver for windows 7 from ASUS site and my webcam works just fine now.

Veronica of Lithonia, GA on

Original Review

Purchased a ASUS laptop U52F some years ago, can't remember if the OS was windows 7 or 8. Updated to windows 10 awhile back. I have an interview next week and it will be done on Skype. I installed skype from the internet and it works okay, but the camera in the laptop displays my picture upside down. I called ASUS and was told there's really nothing that can be done because the laptop was manufactured with a different OS and they don't have any drivers to fix the problem. What is a person to do, buy a new computer when a new operating system comes out? I think not. I will never buy a ASUS computer again.

I just reviewed many issues people are having which is the same things I am dealing with. Customer service is crappy from the service, supervisor and then the manager over the supervisor. From Chevron to Daniel they were no help except wasted time. And they have lied to me about getting it back to me and it's been 3 weeks. Still no computer when I sent it in on 2 day shipment. I got back out of country and they told me they don't have the part that they had to order it. They also told me they would not know when they would get it back to me. I was having battery issues which they are having issues fixing themselves.

If you are looking to buy ASUS for BUSINESS stay away. I paid 1500.00 that was told to be comparable to a Apple and yup product has issues months after buying and the people that work for ASUS is just as bad as the product is. They don't care and no promises. Don't have my computer back yet so with that said if the people is bad then the product is bad. Stick to HP or DELL for business especially if you going to spend the money for working product.

I bought the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Blue) 2/2/2015 (after weeks of research & comparing brands) because I needed it for school & smaller devices aggravated my tendonitis, IT COST MORE THAN MY 40" SMART TV!! Disappointingly, by Sept 2015 (new semester), the power button wouldn't depress so I couldn't turn it on. It was fine a few hrs. earlier. I ultimately called Amazon since I purchased it on their site from an approved 3rd party vendor (it was a weekend). Sarah @ Amazon suggested I look for manufacturer's site for tech support, but she'd follow up w/ the seller as well.

Later I received copy of Sarah's email telling seller that device had a problem, but it was still under warranty. I'd already called Asus tech support who couldn't troubleshoot a device that didn't turn on (tho he did waste 1/2 hr. of time trying to do it, anyway) & filed a "claim" & even had an AUTO_RESPONSE giving me a case#, & advising I'd get an RMA & instructions in a 2nd email in 48 hrs. The seller did respond to Amazon's inquiry & emailed me an apology & referred me to the same tech support tel # I'd already contacted. The seller told me not "to worry because it was STILL UNDER WARRANTY." I never got the email w/ the RMA & return instructions & called tech support again several weeks later, but they couldn't find any record of my call, but "would look into it" & get back to me.

THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY THING ON MY PLATE, I WAS ABOUT TO START MY FINAL SEMESTER (I ORIGINALLY STARTED COLLEGE IN THE 1970s!). I had an internship plus my final classes & at the age of 60+ I had some health issues, & the BS I was getting from ASUS needlessly, exacerbated my stress level!!! Near the end of Jan 2016, an ASUS rep claimed he'd finally figured out what was going on! He spoke to me as if I was both an idiot & a sneak, who was trying to get away w/ something! He said the device's serial # indicated the warranty ran out in 2014!!

I BOUGHT IT NEW IN 2015!!! DID THE SELLER SEND ME AN OLDER MODEL OR WAS ASUS JUST TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEETING THEIR obligation? And why was this the 1st time it was mentioned when they'd had the serial # for 5 months!? After arguing, he told me to "I had to prove when I bought it." But, they rejected the documentation I provided, including a photo of my sales receipt claiming it was illegible - I didn't have a scanner & the camera in the 7" tablet took dark smudgy photos. I had to request a clean copy of the invoice from the seller & it was April 2016 before I sent that to them. I really needed to focus on graduating by then & when I didn't get a response, I knew I needed to take up the argument at a later time.

By the time I was ready to END THIS CONVOLUTED EXERCISE IN FUTILITY, I'd received emails telling me an RMA w/ return instructions was issued but expired already... blah blah & I gathered all pertinent documentation, a SCANNED copy of the bill of sale, etc. thinking once & for all this was the final time -followed all the steps & emailed it thru a form on their website. They responded w/ 3 emails, one implied this was the 1st time they'd been notified (it may have been an auto-generated response to anything sent via that portal). The 2nd said "We are researching this," & finally, the last email had the RMA & instructions... as I got everything together I noticed a msg in tiny font at the bottom of last correspondence. Maybe they hoped I wouldn't notice it. "The serial # on your device expired in 2014, so it is no longer under warranty."

OMG! DIDN'T ANYONE READ ANYTHING I SENT? And by the way, the 1st 7" tablet died when it was 8-9 months old & the 2nd one I kept as backup is missing half the software needed to run most of the standard functions & says "page not found or request unknown, unable to process, retry?" More often than ANYTHING IT DOES!!

So, I'm going to say, not only does ASUS not honor their own contract & warranty, they make substandard products that don't function long enough to last until the warranty expires! Using my limited business acumen, I surmise, if they did honor their warranty by repairing or replacing every device within the 1st year it was purchased, they'd go out of business!!! So they play games in lieu of ethical administration. < I can back up that statement with concrete evidence> Of course, they do have another option, PROVIDE A BETTER QUALITY PRODUCT!

Ordered this ASUS (ASUS X555D recently bought) from Evine. I have only had for 2 weeks. It says charge duration says 6 hours. I fully charged, used for general things and it was dead in 1 1/2 hours. Screen just goes blank at times. Keyboard supposedly has backlighting... NO. Biggest issue and why it's getting boxed up and sent back IMMEDIATELY. It started screeching, like grinding sound. I turned volume completely down and you could still hear it. I let my son witness this and he said "send it back. It sounds like its going to explode like Samsung phone (he's 25 not a child)." Do NOT buy an ASUS product, you will be paying shipping charges to send back within weeks. Also I will no longer order off of Evine, terrible products. I ordered a separate saute pan and it didn't meet anything that was said about it.

I don't recommend buying this product or any product. From Asus. They are only out for themselves. They could care less about their customers. I sent my Asus laptop to the manufacturer for repair and now they are saying it had liquid damage which it never did. They are just out to make more money on the product after you buy it like they did us. I don't have that kind of money cause I'm on disability. Every time I email them they say I have to pay $200.00 more even though it was still under warranty. My advice to everyone reading this message never buy a product from Asus ever again. They are a fraud cause I never nor did anyone else spill water on it. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY ANOTHER COMPUTER AGAIN from this manufacturer!!! They are ripoffs.

bought laptop 5 months ago. Laptop three weeks ago started having problems with it staying connected to the Wi-Fi network. l call the warranty plan that I also bought and they told me that it was still under factory warranty to call them so I did and they said to send it to them and I did and it cost me $83.10 to send a product that's under (FACTORY) warranty. I think they should sell this product as is with no warranty.

I hope this review will post as I have twice before and when I submit, I get a message that the consumeraffairs.com site is unavailable. I received a Ux350U as a birthday gift this January 2017. It has been frustrating since day 1. It took over 6 hours to set up because it ran numerous updates. Once I got that going, I then had to install printer drivers that took hours. Certainly not smart like a MAC. After I got everything set up (and before loading any apps) I ran a scan and it checked over one million items, a bit much for a new computer.

After being frustrated with the mouse that I had to pound to click onto anything and also the arrows not working, I called Asus UNsupport. They are absolutely horrible. The first guy that I spoke to, had me right click on a program from the Asus support site and something was supposed to open. I told him that nothing had happened after clicking the right mouse numerous times. He then told me to use the right and not the left. That was condescending and I told him that I was not stupid and I know the difference between right and left. The reason, I was calling was because my mouse was a problem that evidently sink in with him. He put me on a hold that seems to be what they do in the hopes that you hang up instead of holding. Then instead of talking with him again, I am disconnected and get a service about my (lack) of service. He got ones because zero was not an option.

I have to call back again and I get a woman this time. I thought that she was going to be more helpful. She wasn't and the call was over an hour and she put me on hold for over 20 minutes. I forgot to mention before I called, I checked all drivers for the touchpad and mouse. However, when I checked when the drivers had been installed, they were done in 2015. So leads me to believe it was not a new computer couple with the million items scanned at setup. She has me download 2 drivers from their website. When I then try to run them, I get a message that it can not continue with the installations because I already have the current drivers. (from 2015) Again, I had told her that at the beginning of the call! She then tells me to plug in an external mouse and reset the computer and install all new drivers. I said that I was not going to do that and I am returning this.

When checking the devices on the ZenBook after my call, there was some computer that I do not own on it. Again was it really new? There were also 4 printers listed under the devices. I have one! If you get one, don't count on any support. As other reviewers have mentioned, they also had numerous and lengthy calls with no resolutions. Thanks to reading other reviews about trying to have repairs done, I am returning it. On a positive note, I had a live chat online today with a woman, Bree, at NewEgg that is where it had been purchased. She was very helpful and they do believe in service. She emailed me a return label. I would use NewEgg again because of her service.

Notebook keypad problem (only 6 months old): After at least 3-4 hours requiring 2-3 phone calls for useless troubleshooting, ASUS requested I send in the notebook for repair. They even tried to get me to pay for the shipping label. Three weeks later they finally sent it back in the exact same condition as I sent it in. This is after they required that I reset the entire thing to factory settings. Then I had to call back twice to get another RMA and a new shipping label (total 1 1/2 hours more on phone). Now it's still not fixed and will take AT LEAST another 1 1/2 weeks to even get back, possibly still unfixed. I recently had an issue with my desktop PC from another manufacturer and their customer service was infinitely better.

I ordered an ASUS GL753VE-DS74 and made the payment via a prepaid debit card. The next day I found my order listed in awaiting payment. I checked my card and the funds had already been removed from my account. I received an email from a third party - UITOX stating they needed to do a three way call with my bank to verify payment. I worked at a large bank for 7 years and NEVER heard of a three way call for a transaction verification. This was a prepaid debit card so the funds would HAVE to be available for the card to process.

The more I thought about this, the more uncomfortable I became of this strange and unusual request. I no longer had access to those funds in my account. I told them I was not comfortable with their request and if they were unable to process my order as was, to cancel my order. Once again I got an email request for a three way funds verification. I am not sure why they sent me another email after I made it clear that I wanted my order canceled if it could not be processed as is.

Once again I sent them an email reiterating my request to cancel the order. It was finally canceled. Just be aware of this if you place an order with ASUS. I feel it was a scam but ASUS insisted they would NOT process my order without the verification and my account had not been charged even though the funds were not in my account. I truly believe it was a scam and felt like I would not receive my order and would lose my money. As of yet, the funds have not been placed back in my account.

I bought Asus Rampage V edition 10. When I install everything together, I found out that something wrong with the connection between the motherboard and the audio box (supremeFX Hi-fi) come with motherboard. So I see back to Asus to fix it. What I got it the broke my original motherboard and they stealing my audio box. After that I call them to complain about what they did to my stuff, then what I got is they do nothing about they stealing my stuff and delete my account on their Asus website. So I call them back to ask what going on and they confirm to me that they are delete my account.

I know the message below is long, but it is the only way I could think to convey my disappointment and frustration of the horrible experience with Asus as a first time customer. August 18th - Purchased from Best Buy, Asus Q304UA 2 in 1 Notebook. Best Buy salesperson gave me Asus toll free number for 1 year warranty.

Early October - Notebook began freezing opening files, folders, online, basically doing anything. Device Virus/Malware check was ineffective. After contacting Asus customer support, factory reset device, issues persisted. At this point assumed a hardware issue. This first call to Asus was with Marvin, opened a case number, was informed if the issue persisted that I could send in the device at no cost. October 10-14th - Was disconnected from customer service number three times, spent total of 2+ hrs on hold. Eventually spoke with a rep who did create an RMA order for me, but informed me I'd have to pay for shipping. I spoke with a supervisor and he waived the fee. October 18th - Dropped off item at FedEx for this RMA order.

October 27th I receive my item back from Asus DAMAGED. The item is covered in dust and dirt, hand and fingerprints, sticker peeling from device, and above all else the bottom metal panel of the device is scratched. I do have before and after photographs of the device, and it did NOT arrive in the condition I sent it in.

Called back Asus same day to complain, was disconnected twice. Finally spoke with someone who refused to connect me to a supervisor, and I was disconnected again. At this point I have spent nearly 24 hrs on the phone with Asus, and have received no help.

November 1st Called back and spoke with a new rep, explained the situation and that I have not even turned on the device since receiving it from the RMA due to my concerns with shipping and damage to the outer casing. This rep created a new RMA to ship the device for repairs a second time. I also received an email from Asus Product Support Team Representative about this case. She requested I email her ANY pertinent information about this case, including a CHECKLIST (OLD RMA #, pictures of the device, etc.) of specific information she would need to correctly complete this RMA. I replied with all the information. I made it clear that I was in AWE at the condition of the device and provided many pictures at different angles and lighting.

The rep replied, their email included information about my claim such as "your FedEx claim has been filed for damages" and provided me with a NEW RMA #. This email confirmed "please use this RMA # to send your unit in for RMA service" to have the unit repaired under warranty and notification that a prepaid shipping label would be emailed soon. (I'd like to note here that this same day I also spent quite a bit of time trying to find a DOMESTIC customer service number, maybe that would give me some more direct results or prevent the persistent disconnects. The only other phone numbers looped me back to the same Jamaican customer service center).

November 2nd I received the prepaid shipping label for RMA #2 along with an email from the same rep letting me know they were in contact with repair team and would update me as soon as they had more information. November 4th I ship the device via FedEx for the second RMA. November 16th I have not received back the device at this point. I did receive an email from E-Service@asus.com that my Notebook is scheduled for return shipping. November 21st I receive my device for a second time in the same condition except there is an adhesive sticker on the keyboard. I would like to make it clear that at no point since I first sent the device have I even turned it on.

November 22nd I email the same rep from the second RMA that the device was in the same condition I had sent it in and without waiting for a reply I called the customer service number. The rep informed me they could not help me at this level of support and the issue would have to be escalated up to the Customer Care Department but could not supply their contact info, only HE could escalate the case. I informed the rep via email that as a disabled military widow the amount of time I've spent on the phone, email, and in line shipping the device was beyond acceptable. This is by far the worst experience I've had with any device or any company. I asked her to escalate this as high as it could go as well.

She replied the same day that she was sorry for my experience and any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused, "but I think I can do nothing for you now because I just filed claim for qualified shipment. What you said was beyond my ability to work." This is not any ENGLISH I can understand. This does not explain in any way why my device looks like it was used as a grindstone. The phone rep appeared to have successfully escalated the issue to Asus Corporate Customer Care Team/Escalation Specialist. They emailed me that under my warrant they were unable to replace the unit as that could only be done at place of purchase (we are now far past the warranty exchange period for Best Buy). She requested photos of the damage sustained on the unit for review.

November 28th The above email ends up in spam and I only reply now. I inform this Corporate rep that photos were already provided and attached them again anyway, including new photos taken after the second RMA. I let her know that I have a hard time dealing with these circular conversations and would prefer to talk on the phone and provide my information. November 30th Still no reply to the email with attached photos. I email the same rep a second time asking for verification that she received the photos. I waited 4 hours for a reply, and email her again explaining that I repeatedly received what appeared to be automated messages from their tech support department with nothing in subject or body but some sort of file attached. I also went on to explain that at this point I had never asked for a new unit or a refund, just proper repairs of my own unit.

I felt at this point I had given the company ample opportunities to rectify this situation and they had not. It is not acceptable that shipping the device in damaged condition voids my warranty, but receiving it in this condition is somehow acceptable. I also reiterated that between the TIME it has taken to fill these two RMAs and DAMAGE incurred to the device by ASUS that NO company would accept this device.

December 6th Still no reply at this point. I send a THIRD strongly worded email similar to the previous two imploring the rep to have someone contact me. I also inform them this would be my last attempt at communication with Asus. I had filed reports with both the BBB and Consumer Affairs. I attempt to explain that this goes beyond a warranty issue. This is an issue of treatment towards a new customer to the company.

I was very clear that at this point ONLY one of the two following conclusions was acceptable to me: 1. I send back the device, NOT for repairs under ANY warranty and receive a BRAND-NEW device of the same model number no questions asked. 2. I send back the device and receive a credit including tax for the full retail amount of the unit that I paid (with receipt included) and use this credit to purchase a similar device with ASUS and if I chose a more expensive model I would be willing to pay the difference.

Anything else will be considered defrauding a customer of their rights as a consumer and would make sure that as many people on social media would be aware of this. My continued business with Asus is dependent on the response to this final email. December 18th - Still no reply of any kind from Asus - I had to abruptly leave town. 1/14/17 - today - still no reply from Asus.

I purchased my Chromebook 2015 within one year the software was corrupted. I sent it in and they said they had it fixed it took a few weeks to get it back. Within 90 days the exact same problem resurfaced I returned it. They stated they put in a new motherboard, and you guessed it within 90 days it stopped working or charging so I returned it for the third time within 6 months and I was told I would get a new one. I should have known better.

I called and called from the time it was shipped until I got the "new" replacement I put quotes because I was promised a new one but received a refurbished one that is NOT new. I asked specifically if it was brand new and I was told yes! That is a complete and utter lie. Not only was I told that it was shipped on January 4 that is another lie as it not shipped until January 14th. Beware of wolves in sheep clothing. They will never let you speak to a supervisor and their customer service is deplorable! DO NOT BUY AN ASUS!!!

I bought an Asus laptop at Walmart about two years ago. The cursor jumps all over the screen at will, and the touch pad has never worked right - very often freezing up completely! Every time I call Asus, they go thru the same routine to fix it, but they have yet to make it work correctly. I see by past complaints this not new to Asus. I wouldn't have another Asus if you gave me one!

ASUS EeeBook was undependable, blue-screened and failed repeatedly while under warranty. After warranty, it stopped charging altogether. I paid c. $230 to ASUS repair (charged to my Visa card via PayPal) early Nov. to have it fixed; sent it to them twice. I called the ASUS "support" line for the third time on Nov 22/16 and asked the agent for an update on the repair to my computer. She had no information. I asked if I might get a replacement laptop or a discount on a new laptop. She said these were not available solutions but she would "escalate" my inquiry to her superiors (no feedback has ever been given by anyone at ASUS).

I told her I would be contacting my credit card company to have the repair payment of Nov. 4 reversed. She then said my laptop would be sent back to me unrepaired. I agreed to that stipulation in expectation of receiving a reversal of the repair charge fee I’d previously paid. They kept it for over 3 weeks altogether. I am now being asked to prove that the motherboard was not replaced even though that did not affect the repair (even if it was done), and that ASUS wasn't given enough time to make the repair. I have submitted a complaint to the FTC today.

Overall after 7 months of use, this brand of laptop has been flawless and maintenance free. I used it to watch content online and it is extremely reliable! I initially looked at Dell, HP (as a former owner) and Lenovo as replacements to my HP laptop. Some suggestions to give ASUS a look by coworkers persuaded me to do so. I reviewed user comments online at Amazon.com, pcmag.com and techradar.com before purchasing the ASUS. I eventually decided to purchase. Cost was minimal through Amazon and the rest as they say is history. Easy setup, easy VPN setup the absence of preinstalled software aka "bloatware" to slow my laptop down and many "useable" available apps, was the most overriding factor for purchasing this Chromebook.

I bought Asus laptop 11/2015, the screen cracked on 11/2016. I sent it back to Asus for repair since it is still under warranty on 12/05/2016. Today is 01/05/2017 and Asus still hasn't done any repair or replacement to my laptop. I Called at least 10 times and nothing they could do except wait and wait. At the last call on 1/05/2017 I got a supervisor named Kimani ** who had reached to someone and requested a replacement to be send out ASAP which I'm thankful for since all other supervisors have done nothing prior to him. I'm not sure at this point if I will ever get my computer back or any other replacement.

I'm really not happy nor will ever recommend Asus to a friend or anyone thinking of buying Asus products. Asus does not consider keeping their customers for future products. Please do no spend any dollar on Asus product or their services. The original representative promised 3 days service, I'm heading to more than 30 days. Very unprofessional, unfair, frustrating company to deal With. Not worth a penny.

I bought my laptop in 2012. Model is X53Z with Windows7. Overall, the laptop is good for using and the price is reasonable at that time. It is easy to use. Keyboard is comfortable while typing. The following are the problem I have met: The CD/DVD player doesn't work after I have bought it for over a year. The sound speaker is weak. One joint plastic is broken. The joint is b/w the screen and the keyboard. It is because the plastic used for the laptop is too crispy, can't tolerance to bump to a screw head. Cursor jump to different location sometimes while I was typing. Left & right mouse keys on the machine are a little bit narrow. My thought is I wish ASUS can use lighter and stronger material on the laptop; make customer service more easy to reach and willing to help; solving the cursor jump problem. Because when it jumps and I still keep typing and didn't aware the cursor jumped, it can be time consuming to correct it later.

If you want a computer that has a company that is there in the event there is a problem, then this is NOT the computer company for you. If you are fortunate to get a computer that has no issues, then you may be ok. If you need to send it in for repair under the warranty, then you are made the wrong purchase. Ever since I owned the laptop, my keyboard malfunctioned. I delayed sending it in because I need the laptop, but I eventually had no choice. This was the worse experience I have ever had with any company. First, they tell you they will pay for the shipping back. I thought great right, no. First I had to purchase the material needed to make sure it arrived safely. They did not send a box for it which has never been my experience with any other company. They only did ground shipping. I sent it on November 19th. It took FedEx 10 days to get it to them. It was confirmed received on November 29th.

They assured me that there is a three day turnaround once received. I thought great right, no. Even though it was received on the 29th, they did not key it into their system until December 2nd. They said the 3 days started once it was keyed in to their system. I called on the 12th, yes almost 4 weeks after I sent it. They said they were waiting on a keyboard that they had to order. I could have gotten the keyboard to them in 2 days without paying for shipping, but yet there it sits.

In addition, the company gives NO updates. They do not give you say status updates. The only way I could find out what is happening was to call them. It is not the 29th of December, and I still do not have my laptop (now 6 weeks since I sent it to them). I finally had to go a purchase another laptop because I absolutely needed a laptop for work. If you depend on your laptop or computer, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Buy from a company that you know will have your back in case the computer malfunctions.

The computer worked well. Computer is good, not lacking anything, but the letters on the keys wore off and I had to put stickers on the worn out ones, now I have the stickers on all the keys.

So far, I have only used my Asus laptop at home and have not had to deal with problems other than home. I found that the pricing and availability of my laptop was reasonable. As comparison to other laptops available at the time, this was the best in the price range in which we were looking. I like the fact that this can bent to form a tablet as well as a touchscreen. The battery life is fairly close to what is written in the manuals, so no surprise there. I would purchase another one because I have found it to be a sturdy and easy to use laptop.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.
  • Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.
  • Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.
  • All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.
  • Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.
  • Best for Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Compare Computer Brands