1.4/5 (34 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About ASUS

ASUS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: May 8, 2022

I Purchased the laptop 5th of May 2022 ASUS X41S, laptop sound is not working good, volume is not high, speaker is not sounding. I am not satisfied this product. Tomorrow I will go for return this product.

Original review: March 24, 2022

A brand new laptop came with issues and it was not able to boot up. When I tried to reinstall windows, no drive was found. I did everything I could but I was not able to fix the problem so I sent it back to ASUS to fix the problem, just as I was told by an ASUS representative. Well, they were not able to fix because (according to them) *** Cosmetic damage on the mechanical parts (deformation/scratch/damage/paint removal/dirt/rough edges). *** Enter BIOS, but unable to enter OS after power on.

They gave me a quotation to fix the laptop which I refused. I was not going to pay for repairs for a brand new laptop. I preferred to return it or exchange it once arrived. However, The laptop was sent back to me with HOLES drilled on the panel, one at each corner by the keyboard. I contacted them again and they said that is how the unit arrived to their facility. They even blamed shipping (no way this kind of damaged could happened on transit).

At the end, they refused to repair the damaged and my claim keeps beng rejected because, according to them, "the RMA was rejected due to non-payment". So, because I denied to pay for repairs, I am not allowed to file a claim for damages CAUSED BY THEM!!! This is beyond absurd. I got stuck with a laptop that I can not return it because of the physical damaged, and it can not be repaired without paying a huge fee. So sad they were one of my fav brands but now I can not even look at their logo without getting upset.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I bought "ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE" keyboard on Feb 2021 from one of ASUS authorised retail partner. The keyboard is great, and I am very pleased in general. However almost exactly one year later, one of the Multimedia Keys LED died, a button that I almost never touch for the whole year using this keyboard. The key itself is still working, just the LED died.

Upon searching online, it appears quite a number of users of the same product have the similar problem. And someone even checked that the LED ASUS use for their keyboard is a bad quality one. For a $180 keyboard, I am expecting a better quality really. While my other cheap keyboard which cost around $21 bought a month earlier still going fine, no dead LEDs. I even use it more frequent than the ASUS one. And since the warranty only valid for 1 year, and my keyboard is 1 year 1 month old. They just apologise and told me to find a different repair shop as their service centre won't repair it for me.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I had bought a laptop on December 29, 2021 for $499.00. The unit stopped working on February 16, 2022. I sent it to Asus for repair. They refused to repair the unit on the ground of water damage. They quoted me a repair charge of $606.08. Can you believe this? They quoted a repair cost which was even higher than the original price. I did NOT do any damage to the computer. I did NOT spill anything to the computer. It was exactly the same as I had bought it on December 29, 2021. Despite several emails and phone calls they have simply refused to repair, unless I pay them $606.08.

Asus is a fraud. They are after your money. They will sell you a faulty product and won’t cover the warranty. Their customer service is a joke. The person over of the phone is simply unable to help. All they do is say “Sorry”. If there is zero star rating I will give them. I have lost my $500. I am sure the managers of this company is laughing at me and enjoying my $500. Everyone, please run away fast when you see the name Asus. You will not get any warranty on your product. Their warranty is a scam to get your money.

Original review: March 1, 2022

On October 18/20 I purchased a $4000 gaming laptop from Newegg - Asus ROG Flow X13 with XG mobile. Within the first week the XG mobile connector became defective and could not be removed from the laptop. After doing some research I came to find out this was a widespread issue with this laptop and external GPU. I promptly tried returning the device to Newegg only to have the return denied because of physical damage. This was completely untrue as I only ever used this product as instructed by the user manual and was always extremely careful with the device. That was my first RMA.

Newegg returned the device to me and I was left to figure out my options. I decided to sent the device to Asus for review/repair or replacement. This was my 2nd RMA. Asus repaired the device by replacing the cord on the XG mobile and the motherboard. When I got this back I immediately had more issues I believe caused by the repair - incorrect application of thermal paste or liquid metal. The laptop under no load was running extremely hot on both GPU and CPU. 95 degree plus. While gaming in turbo mode the game would crash, flicker red lines on the screen and gaming was no playable on this gaming device. So in for my 3rd RMA.

When I received the laptop back they had fixed some of the over heading issues but under load my screen still flickered while gaming in turbo mode. I used this laptop for a little over 2 weeks and the XG mobile again would not detach. You would have to use extreme force to pull the cord from the laptop. So as of today the computer is in for its 4th RMA since November! My question is At what point will Asus step up and admit they had produced and sold a "$4000 premium laptop" that was defective right from the get-go! Ethically Asus should give a refund, a store credit or at the very least replace the defective device. This device has been in for repairs more that I had the device in my hands.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

If you looking for a product that runs only during warranty period go for it. Brought an ASUS premium laptop and after six months the keys came out even with minimal use. After a month fight ASUS finally agreed it's manufacturing issue and replaced. And the best part is exactly after 1 year 15 days the motherboard gone another manufacturing defect which even ASUS confirmed but since it's out of warranty period (15 days) they can't do anything.

And yeah even if you escalate to the executive level still no use as they don't care the customers at all. So before buying an ASUS laptop, even if the price is low with the specs they providing beware it's run for a year and if it runs after that consider urself lucky. I had to buy another laptop after a year dumping the Asus laptop in Dustbin cause of multiple failures which ASUS service people can't confirm what all needs to be changed to make the laptop run again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Paid cash for a high end ASUS laptop and it has been the very worse laptop I have ever used. Takes forever to load any program even those not on the internet. Takes approximately 5-10 minutes to log on and the same amount of time to open Excel or Word. Do yourself a favour and DO NOT purchase this brand

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

There is absolutely no support. The company has a bunch of monotone reps who can't help in any way and ask you to send your product in on your dime which then takes weeks to return. They also say "take the device to best buy" who also sends out and takes 3-4 weeks to get back. What year is it again where people don't need their computers for weeks at a time? What a trash company and why I should never had listened to anyone about coming away from Mac who has qaulity products and customer service. I never had to update BIOS or wait multiple days to speak to someone on a mac. I never had to contact the internal component manufacturers to get help since the computer manufacturer couldn't help. Mac always got on screen and helped to diagnose. Get with the times ASUS.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I purchased a fairly high end zenbook 3.5 years ago (1800$ CAD purchase price). It has been replaced once under warranty and repaired once under warranty. I have experience a keyboard issue, which I sent in for repair on my own dime, but they couldn't replicate the issues and refused to repair the device. I still have the intermittent issue. This thing is a lemon.

I recently updated windows and have been experiencing a phantom touch screen input. After troubleshooting with Microsoft for many hours, they suggested I reach out to ASUS as it appeared to be an outdated driver from the manufacturer. My first call to ASUS was met by an utterly incompetent agent that spent 45 minutes coming up with reasons why she couldn't help me rather than attempting to look into potential resolutions.

I was able to escalate my call. I explained the issue to the next agent, and they told me they would pass the issue along. I would receive a call back from the technical team. Rather than a call back, I got a 1-line email saying the laptop is no longer under warranty and they will no longer support it with drivers. Basically a nice way of saying PFO. Just to be clear, ASUS warranty on the Zenbook is 1 year. This laptop was still available for purchase less than a year ago from retailers. They just don't want to support it. Are you looking at spending 1500$ or more on a premium laptop from ASUS? Looking to buy something top of the line that will last a few years? Don't. Spend that money elsewhere. Apparently ASUS will only ensure software is compatible with your operating system for 1 year. They will make no attempt to ensure their premium devices have reasonable longevity.

So, to summarize, ASUS doesn't care about you. ASUS doesn't care about supporting and standing behind the products they put in the hands of consumers. ASUS customer service is designed to deflect issues away from the company leaving consumer SOL. ASUS doesn't deserve your money, no matter how flashy their products may seem.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

So I had a bad year with Asus products, I had 2 monitors stop functioning (screens lit up but nothing displayed on the screen) and a laptop bit the dust. Mind you I'm an adult in my late 30's, financially stable, clean house...I take care of my stuff. These were 3 separate instances. But BOTH monitors...they got them and tried to quote to me that the screens were broken and I'd have to pay to replace the screens (and sent me pictures of monitors with shattered screens). These were both shipped in their factory boxes/foam just like they would as new. The first one I had photos proving it that the screen was intact upon shipping... They actually replaced it but only sent the monitor back (literally nothing else). The second one I thought I had taken photo's (obviously considering the prior instance) but... can't find them for the life of me unfortunately. I fought them but, ultimately they threw it in the trash.

The laptop... oh man. First off this unit should have been covered under warranty, but they refused it and said I'd have to pay $1800 for a new motherboard (for a 6 month old laptop, that was around $1400 new), mind you this was sent in its factory packaging as well. When I refused the repair.. they sent the laptop and power supply back in a large empty box. No packaging, no anything. Just bouncing around in there. I was angry... i emailed them, called, sent photos... never once got a response regarding it. I liked their products, but I truly believe their warranty team is told to damage customers products in order to deny repair claims. I mean, 3 out of 3 for me....come on.

ASUS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

ASUS Company Information