1.97/5
  • 1 star
Based on 123 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 30, 2017

614 ASUS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was really upset with the rebate offer. I mailed my rebate and they confirm receipt June 30, 2017 and until now I hasn't received my rebate!!! This is the longest rebate I ever processed! If I only knew I wouldn't do it... Don't buy products of ASUS that offers rebate. It will take sooooo long. I will never buy ASUS product that offers rebate. I will not consider it as an option in buying their product because you will wait for so long and you will forget it before you get it...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Bought this Asus R556L laptop to do my design work and for school but after two years the laptop started to overheat while in conjunction with the sound card shorted and stopped working. Then Windows 10 stopped loading and keep going to the Bios. I tried to update the drivers but it didn't seem to help at all. This my first time buying an Asus laptop and after seeing all the complaints about their laptops, I think I will be sticking to buying their computer components that are more reliable before I consider buying a Notebook from them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

AC-RT88U Router. I had the first one replaced due to failed 2.4GHZ radio. It took way too long and my out of pocket shipping expense to get a replacement. Now this replacement is showing anomalies I would like to ask about but getting a response in email via their ridiculous support site is futile.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The Asus 2 in 1 touch screen model Q304UA was sold to me as the state of the art laptop. It is the state of frustration. Slow to get started, locks up, refuses to shut down. Numerous calls to Asus and Geek Squad to no avail. On more than one call to Asus, I was told to call 24 hours later because their servers were down. WHAT??? I sent the laptop back to Asus 4 times. Once they sent it back and the machine wouldn't even turn on out of the box - obviously no QA in the repair department.

I sent letters with each return, but no one reads them. They don't even provide a report to tell me what repairs were performed. I just sent it back for the 4th time and asked for a replacement. They have had it a week now. I called Asus and was told my request is being evaluated and someone will get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. On the phone, the customer service reps keep telling me they are so sorry for the inconvenience. After hundreds of "sorries" and no action, my ears are deaf. I still have hope of getting a replacement but I am not optimistic that it will work any better. Guess it is a $700 lesson. This review is my only payback.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Great laptop, very easy set-up... Mouse is not sensitive enough, battery needs to be longer acting. Keys are not stiff... Can't find the volume control.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I love the touchscreen technology. It’s quick and I can do anything with it that I want. Looks nice very slim and sleek looking. A bigger screen would be nice but I like as is.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

This was a $700.00 computer! Worst problems ever. They never support you at all. They now have No web-site? I will never ever again. Fixed 5 times.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have used Apple tablet and it is ok. Toshiba laptop computers were good and still use 1 of them. Gateway computer was the first one I used and it is now used for games and it was great. At work I used HP and did not like them as well. Asus does everything for what I need to use. I am very pleased with it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Sent my ZenFone 2 deluxe in for repair, and followed up by email. Phone came back damaged and battery issues were not repaired. A year later the phone completely doesn't work unless plugged in!!! And the head office in Markham refuses to fix it even though it was sent in under warranty for this issue, and confirmed over recorded calls and emails that they never fixed it! Phones is a scam. Don't fall for the fake specs or price. It's awful!!! As is the company and customer service that sends you in circles. WILL NEVER BUY SCAM ASUS EVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

23" Asus LCD screen had dead pixels, second 23" Asus LCD monitor had dead HDMI port, motherboard was sent in for service. Was damaged at service center then damaged in area that was clearly not the problem, but was blamed on me!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I truly love my Asus laptop computer, bought on Amazon a few years ago and still works fine. They are very dependable and affordable. My Asus laptop is very easy to use and great for all ages.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I will NEVER/EVER buy another ASUS again. The Wifi stopped working after the first windows update. After contacting Tech support numerous times on this issue and explaining that my Wifi does NOT connect, or connects then drops with any Wifi location, whether at home, at the University where I teach or at other locations. Their response is to go back to the previous OPSYS release or, "Reboot your router." I cannot go back to previous releases because of losing updates and never updating my OPSYS. This is NOT very practical solution. Also, to ask the various locations I visit to reboot their network, seems a little ridiculous. The tech support response was slow and not as well as their responses were unrealistic. If I use a Cat-5 cable all is good but I am not utilizing my Wifi. No More Asus for this consumer. My Dell laptop as well as my IPAD have no problems connecting wherever I go.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Asus has a lot of features on their devices. The only problem that I experience is their ability to stay connected to a router. I have had many issues with this problem and the only fix they tell me is to hold the power in off position for 60 seconds so the device can rest itself which works. The other issue that I have experienced is old technology. I was going to change keyboards to a backup light feature and when I stated to remove the keyboard the connection broke on the wire ribbon which I haven't seen it for years. Trying to find replacement was nearly impossible unless you wanted to purchase 100 feet.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Two days after my AIO desktop was delivered, it would not turn on. Customer support determined it needed to be shipped back AT MY OWN EXPENSE. $176 and 2 weeks later, the computer was returned noting "free warranty" work to replace a defective power button. Once I got it running, there was quite a bit of bloatware. On the plus side, the large screen and resolution are great. That's it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

ASUS has always been a fairly solid brand. Even in their cheaper models attention to detail is adequate and usually always good display quality for the money.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Battery won't hold a charge after only 1.5 years. I paid over 1000.00 for something that craps out very fast. Won't ever consider buying this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I don't think the hardware aspect of the computer makes much difference in the operation of the machine. The quality of the internet provider is more critical in smooth computer operation.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have had 2 Asus laptops in the last 4 years. I am thinking of moving back to Dell or HP. Asus just do not last very long... I am thinking about buying direct than from a big box store.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My Asus laptop build quality is very bad. Cracking sound comes from computer then I touch it. Also it a lot of dead pixels on display and fan is very loudly. I will never buy another Asus product!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had never even thought much about an ASUS computer until my Compaq was on its last legs and I purchased this desktop in 2011 and it is still going strong. I just replaced the hard drive in it and that was a first for me. Why did I replace instead of buying new, because there was nothing else wrong with this computer. Everything else was going strong including the monitor. I figured just fix what is broke and nothing more. I have not had any problems with this computer and it was easy to learn. It was a Windows 7 and then I took the free Windows 10 upgrade and of course, when they replaced the hard drive I was automatically through Geek Squad installed the Windows 10. I have never had any regrets on this purchase. I would have to say it was much better than the Compaq computers I used in past.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have been using this AMD Rockchip ASUS c202p Chromebook about a month. It's fast, I will never go back to Windows, but may get a Chromebox or two and build a Linux server with AMD a10 cpu.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This computer worked well for me at first. I've had it for about 5 years and in that time have had to have some things repaired that I don't feel that should have needed repairs; I had a problem with the outlet to plug in the charging cord. The prong that was to connect to the charger broke off. Also, something broke in the flat part of the computer so every time the screen was opened a part of the actual computer lifted up. This was from just normal opening and closing of the screen. Overall, it has been a great computer for what I needed it for.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a Dell laptop previously. The Asus is a much better machine and they don't mess with the software! Support is much better too. I would buy another.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I disliked this computer so bad I took it back to the store. It was not user friendly, I thought I try it after using HP so long, didn't work. Do they offer laptops with larger capacity hard drives and memory?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This was my first time trying the Asus brand; I usually am an Acer person, but I decided to give Asus a try. I got my Asus laptop at a good price and the experience I have had so far with it is great. When I power it up it comes on faster than Acer and everything else loads faster as well. Connection to my wi-fi is great and easy and loading software is great and easy as well. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give Asus a 5 star rating.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I have system restored, reloaded all the drivers at least 4 times. The cursor flies all over, the backslash takes off and fills a page. I cannot use the touch-pad at all. But it will not hold the settings from a sleep or off, I have to take off touch-pad settings at least 8 times a day. Like a fool, I bought this for my busiest time of the year and it took me 3 weeks to load files. Best Buy would not take it back, but said these are all known ASUS issues. ASUS wants it back to "fix". I can't be without a computer for 2 weeks right now, and I DO NOT want another. I want my $3K back. This is JUNK. The keys all have a mind of their own.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

ASUS is ok except for one thing. It is extremely hard to turn off and on. They should think about all the different ages of people who are going to use these. It's harder for older people to turn off and on. I think they market everything from a to z for the younger generation.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've had the ASUS Chrome notebook just a little over a year. Not much use since I'm 72 years old and live only. The notebook stop powering on around March 2017. I paid to send it back for repair free of charge. I called today 10/16 because it's not powering on. Six months later I'm having the same issue, only this time it's out of warranty. How can a notebook with minimum usage stop working within a year of ownership? One would expect many many years of usage out of a laptop. I refuse to pay a service charge for a product that did NOT last a year after I sent it in for the first repair. Clearly, the product is a defect. I will never buy or recommend ASUS!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

After purchasing a laptop with a 3 year warranty, and only a 1.5 years of use we are having trouble with it, ASUS customer service is really giving us, the runaround, first they want the proof of purchase, so I contact QVC get a receipt and sent it to them, 1st they say they don't accept forwarded emails and receipts, so QVC sent it to them. My daughter downloaded in PDF format sent it to them, they said not acceptable.

Every time, every rep from ASUS, keeps asking for the same things that they all already have from me, my daughter in law and from QVC. That is the, receipt, serial number model number, and proof of purchase, then we send serial number and everything they ask for then they say it's out of warranty, when it has a 3 year warranty, so I asked QVC to help and they did. When they tried to contact ASUS and ask why they would not accept our receipt, ASUS hung up on QVC 2 times, every customer service rep at ASUS keeps asking for the same thing and doing nothing about it, we have over 40 emails and 100 phone call attempts and answered calls and keep getting the runaround, no help at all, this will be the last ASUS product I ever purchase.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

When I first got the Asus Rog G20 PC back in January of this it worked fine, but the HDD soon corrupted after a while. So, I sent it to get repaired which according to BestBuy was sent to Asus which it was for their repairs. Once I received the computer back today, the HDD is worse, the video card is no longer being detected. So, now I have to deal with the nightmare of trying to have BestBuy fix the product, due to the computer coming back way worse off then when I sent it. Waste of $1,200...

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs