Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

ASUS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have had 3 Asus laptops in the last 11 years. My original still works, the power finally went out on one 8 years in after daily gaming and video editing. They are built well, and though support can take some time to fix things most errors I found were driver issues that were caused by Windows updates. I have called them for router support and will say their live chat and email works easier. They have helped me with products purchased over 5 years prior, and though sometimes I did not get the answer I wanted or the answer instantly I always got an accurate answer.

My only critique is that because they make so many products, if someone is not specific in the support they are looking for there are many departments and filtering to what you are looking for support on could be made easier and with less steps. To someone knowing what the issue is or specific product it is very easy to use. Overall they are a brand I recommend to anyone as a generally to incredibly reliable product.

Original review: June 17, 2020

We hunted for a reliable large screen laptop that met our criteria on speed and processor (Intel), energy efficient and reliable. This was an unknown brand...but now, my favorite! We think Dell, HP, Macbook...I have all of them. But, regardless of the prices...they all disappoint with reliability. ASUS not only delivers bang for my buck, it delivers every day by actually working efficiently and now for nearly seven years of problem free access. I planned on being happy for two years. So, this is really a gift. ASUS folks...

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased the ASUS All-in-One Z240IC PC Series (64-bit OS, 16-GB RAM) when it first came out about 4 years ago and absolutely love it. The 24" touchscreen 4K display is crisp and clear, recognizing all 10 finger touchpoints. I believe this form-factor is the best for a home PC--it is both a desktop and tablet, switchable based upon your needs. I will definitely buy another ASUS AIO whenever this one requires replacing.

Original review: June 13, 2020

My laptop is over 6 yrs old and runs like a champ! It is reliable, dependable and very quick. I can do multiple task and No slowing down! Is compact not heavy with a sleek design all metal NO plastic Has all the functions and options you would need. Has an Intel i7 Core processor GEforce Nvidia with clear graphics. For the price I paid and how well it works I would HIGHLY recommend this ASUS to anyone and everyone...It has never failed me or left me in a jam! It's ASUS NJK550. LOVE it.

Original review: June 10, 2020

This was my first Asus and touchscreen capability, I totally like the speed this laptop has and is very responsive to the touch. There is enough energy for this laptop to keep moving with multiple windows open. I do like the fact that this one has an optical drive and hardwire it to the router if l have a need to get internet this way. My battery is now about 6 years old so it does not hold a charge for longer than an hour with minimal use but l am not complaining. I hope this helps.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Do not buy an ASUS computer. It worked ok for awhile but began to freeze up (no mouse pointer) if left to sleep. They only use a chat for technical support which was terrible. They issued an RMA and have had my computer in the shop for 3 weeks with little communication. They refuse to send me a new computer, only saying it is in the process of repair. At this point they might as well put it in the garbage since they can't fix it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I Bought an expensive monitor ASUS VG278Q 27" Full HD 1920 x 1080 144Hz, The screen started showing lines within 3 months, When I contacted warranty department and shipped it to repair, They rejected saying I have tampered with the monitor. Other than regular use We did not do anything. Even after my written email. They never fixed it under warranty. I will never again buy any ASUS product. I would recommend the same to others.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I bought my laptop in July 2019 and started having issues with it less than a year later (June 2020). The laptop would intermittently be difficult to turn on, requiring multiple presses of the on button (sometimes having to hold it down) and would startup up with the wrong date and time. Attempts to sync to Window's server would fail and then, randomly, work. The laptop would also, during these issues, drain through the battery quickly. At first, this only seemed to happen when I'd been gaming. I took the laptop back to Harvey Norman's and they sent it to ASUS for repair - ASUS wiped the computer and replaced Windows saying I had a faulty version. I hadn't even had the laptop back for a week before it started happening again.

This time, when Harvey Norman sent the laptop to ASUS, ASUS claimed there was nothing wrong and sent it back. Harvey Norman's kept the laptop to test it, eventually replicating the problem and sent it back to ASUS who replaced the hard drive. Again, I received the laptop for the same issue to start all over again. I returned it to Harvey Norman, who returned it to ASUS, who again said nothing was wrong (though, this time, I'd photographed the date/time issue and wrote exactly what I'd been doing with the laptop, leaving it on the desktop for them). Harvey Norman told them that, according to Australian consumer law, they now needed to offer a refund as this problem had become a major issue that would have prevented me from purchasing. ASUS argued it was not within warranty and, eventually, offered a "free repair" which I refused as it has now been more than eight months since this all began.

Since this frustrating process began, I have had the laptop for less than a week in total. I, who once recommended ASUS, have nothing positive to say about the brand and their dismal service. For a laptop worth more than $1000 - double the price of my previous Toshiba that lasted 3+ years (and continues to work for my father), I am truly disappointed and disillusioned by ASUS.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Rejected warranty services based on two scratches that were on the edge of the board from the first day of purchase. Board worked a few weeks before it broke and after sending it in for repairs, warranty was deemed void because of those. Unacceptable, since the board worked with them from the first moment I tested the item new out of the box. Besides, the way they treat customers is missing professionality and skill. In addition, they priced the repair higher than the price of the board! If you don't have issues with them, I guess you will never know, since from the outside they look OK. But if you do, beware.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I previously owned two Toshiba laptops and they were absolute beasts. The only reason I would move on from each one was to stay up with newer processors. Unfortunately, Toshiba is not making branded laptops anymore and I went with an ASUS computer because the price was reasonable and all the specs looked good. I got home, excited for my purchase. Everything was working well, but within two days the computer wouldn't stay on without being plugged in. If I unplugged the computer it would just be off - not even a 1 second delay.

This was quite upsetting on its own. Never in my life have I bought a piece of $1000+ tech that just completely conked out after 2 days! What's worse is that it was sent for repair on January 15th and we are now at February 2nd. I haven't even had a status update! Like, am I getting my computer back...ever? Overall, absolutely terrible quality of product and even worse customer service. Go with Apple, Dell, HP - stay far away from ASUS.

ASUS author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team