Shop Now on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

ASUS Shop Now on Amazon

Shop Now on Amazon

ASUS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have had 3 Asus laptops in the last 11 years. My original still works, the power finally went out on one 8 years in after daily gaming and video editing. They are built well, and though support can take some time to fix things most errors I found were driver issues that were caused by Windows updates. I have called them for router support and will say their live chat and email works easier. They have helped me with products purchased over 5 years prior, and though sometimes I did not get the answer I wanted or the answer instantly I always got an accurate answer.

My only critique is that because they make so many products, if someone is not specific in the support they are looking for there are many departments and filtering to what you are looking for support on could be made easier and with less steps. To someone knowing what the issue is or specific product it is very easy to use. Overall they are a brand I recommend to anyone as a generally to incredibly reliable product.

Original review: June 17, 2020

We hunted for a reliable large screen laptop that met our criteria on speed and processor (Intel), energy efficient and reliable. This was an unknown brand...but now, my favorite! We think Dell, HP, Macbook...I have all of them. But, regardless of the prices...they all disappoint with reliability. ASUS not only delivers bang for my buck, it delivers every day by actually working efficiently and now for nearly seven years of problem free access. I planned on being happy for two years. So, this is really a gift. ASUS folks...

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased the ASUS All-in-One Z240IC PC Series (64-bit OS, 16-GB RAM) when it first came out about 4 years ago and absolutely love it. The 24" touchscreen 4K display is crisp and clear, recognizing all 10 finger touchpoints. I believe this form-factor is the best for a home PC--it is both a desktop and tablet, switchable based upon your needs. I will definitely buy another ASUS AIO whenever this one requires replacing.

Original review: June 13, 2020

My laptop is over 6 yrs old and runs like a champ! It is reliable, dependable and very quick. I can do multiple task and No slowing down! Is compact not heavy with a sleek design all metal NO plastic Has all the functions and options you would need. Has an Intel i7 Core processor GEforce Nvidia with clear graphics. For the price I paid and how well it works I would HIGHLY recommend this ASUS to anyone and everyone...It has never failed me or left me in a jam! It's ASUS NJK550. LOVE it.

Original review: June 10, 2020

This was my first Asus and touchscreen capability, I totally like the speed this laptop has and is very responsive to the touch. There is enough energy for this laptop to keep moving with multiple windows open. I do like the fact that this one has an optical drive and hardwire it to the router if l have a need to get internet this way. My battery is now about 6 years old so it does not hold a charge for longer than an hour with minimal use but l am not complaining. I hope this helps.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Product kept losing power and had to reboot many times. Finally got to a point of not coming on despite using all the suggestions in the online support. Finally sent it in, under warranty, after 4 months and they say I broke it. The motherboard was the problem which they admit and the power port was damaged as I kept trying to see if it was the plug that wasn't in proper. Because the two are connected they void the warranty. Even though they admit the motherboard was the problem and the port had to be changed with it, they want me to pay over $200 to fix it. Crappy Chromebook, crappier customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I have been buying ASUS products for many years as most serious gamers do. My last experience I have to say is not good. I use a ASUS ROG STRIX, the Laptop operates fine, but here are the bad points. While I understand them no longer having disc drives, I have no idea when they have no SD card Slot. I had to buy a converter in order to use my SD cards.

My wife has a ZENBOOK FLIP which has lost its ability to see any WIFI and looking online, this is not something happening to just us, many People have this problem. As PC PC literate people we thought OK, we'll connect via RJ45 Cable direct to the modem... Nope, this ZENBOOK has no RJ45 jack. To fix it we again had to buy a 3rd party device (USB WIFI Adaptor). Why are they cutting back on such convenient parts of their Laptop is a mystery. I will be looking at other Gaming Laptops next time.

Original review: March 10, 2021

UPDATE 03/24/2021 Well at this point I was able to finally get with an agent through the ASUS Corporate Customer Care team that actually tried to answer my questions for me.

It still appears that unfortunately no one from their technical support departments really took the time to dig through all the information/material I provided though (even to this date). The only drivers they addressed were the two specific ones I kept listing in the emails (multiple times). They did not address the complete drivers list I sent. Still did not address the complete services list I sent. Also, I don't think the technical support department has actually tested whether or not the solution they have advised me to take will work. They are waiting for me to spend the additional money out of pocket for another component and try it out. I am supposed to let them know if it does not work properly but I am not sure it will matter since their technical support departments don't really seem to care about any information, material, or documented troubleshooting steps you send in. The corporate customer care team can only do so much as they are not the technical support department.

Original Review 03/18/2021

I would like to start with that I usually build my own desktop computer when I want a new. I will spend the time to review the products online and pick out decent mid-level components with good lifespans. This time I decided to have someone else put the computer together for me and actually handle all of the technical stuff, even picking out the components (all of them, including the MB). I think this is where I messed up after seeing how many poor reviews ASUS has been receiving concerning their products and customer service.

On to my issue/experience that is still ongoing and not over yet. If it improves I will update here accordingly. I, as stated, had a new computer built for me recently and the person doing the build chose a ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) motherboard for this build. I had not known what he had chosen nor did I worry about double-checking as I figured he would do the appropriate research but that was my mistake.

Just in February after a few Drivers had updated related to the built-in Bluetooth Adapter (was a combo BT/Wi-Fi built into the MB). Just a few days prior to that the OS updated to the Windows 10 Pro 20H2. The BT died the day the BT and some other Intel Drivers had updated (I don't remember which ones all updated, there was less than four of them). First, the audio connection went out and about an hour or two after that the call connection went out as well. I still have functioning Wi-Fi so I know the adapter itself is still working as supposedly the same physical adapter handles both BT and Wi-Fi for this MB. So on to support I went, first I used their live chat through the MyASUS Windows app. This started what has been a rather horrible month-long experience with ASUS support through both chat and email (numerous contacts via both methods).

Unfortunately neither their chat support nor their support via email (two different departments via email apparently as two different contacts for each email sent). They failed to really listen to my issue and how it happened. They failed to even review the files I provided them along with my own troubleshooting and partial resolutions/solutions I had so far completed. I had given them a complete Drivers list, running Services list, hardware list and the steps I had taken on my own plus the ones they recommended that I followed. I also gave them the results of all of those steps, driver installs and so on that, I did. Unfortunately, not a single support agent actually referenced/mentioned the information I had provided one time. Basically, not a single person looked at it.

After about a month of unpleasant experiences with support overall, I tried to contact corporate at the beginning of March. Someone did end up getting back with me from Corporate yesterday and I am hoping that they will actually take lead on my issue and make sure that the right departments actually review everything I have provided. That way when they actually respond to me they can finally honestly answer me with what options I really have to move forward with getting my BT working again one way or another.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Do not buy an ASUS computer. It worked ok for awhile but began to freeze up (no mouse pointer) if left to sleep. They only use a chat for technical support which was terrible. They issued an RMA and have had my computer in the shop for 3 weeks with little communication. They refuse to send me a new computer, only saying it is in the process of repair. At this point they might as well put it in the garbage since they can't fix it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I Bought an expensive monitor ASUS VG278Q 27" Full HD 1920 x 1080 144Hz, The screen started showing lines within 3 months, When I contacted warranty department and shipped it to repair, They rejected saying I have tampered with the monitor. Other than regular use We did not do anything. Even after my written email. They never fixed it under warranty. I will never again buy any ASUS product. I would recommend the same to others.

ASUS author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team