3.58/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ASUS

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

ASUS Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

After my disappointing experience with NetGear Router AC1750 and their pressure sales for their Service Contract, I purchased the ASUS mostly for the good and polite customer service. Their products are good too! With my RT-AC1200 router, I found the instructions to set it up are straightforward, and it took very little time to get it up and running. I connected it up to my Computer and found it easy to use the interface control panel to set my passwords. It also has a 2 year warranty which is great. Love it!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Bought the laptop. Was on offer. Might add. Still very expensive laptop but good value compared to the rest. I & 3.8gb Ram. Very impressed by the speed and efficiency. Definitely bought the right laptop for what I want.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 18, 2019

So I promised myself that if my repair goes smoothly that I would write a review for the ASUS repair center, because I see a lot of really bad reviews for this company here and they deserve better. So here goes: I have an expensive ASUS gaming laptop, and after 11 months of use the keyboard broke. It's definitely a hardware issue. First, I called customer service and told them I need to repair my laptop and that it should still be under warranty. They checked the date on the warranty and informed me that it had expired, which can't be possible because I know the exact date I bought the laptop and it hasn't been exactly a year yet. So they told me I'll need to send them my original invoice for verification. And so I found my invoice for when I bought the laptop, sent it over to them and they verified it within 2 days, giving me a new warranty date which was now the correct date, exactly a year from the day I actually bought it.

Once the verification process was complete, they sent me the shipping label, an RMA number, and told me how they wanted me to send it to their repair center. I didn't have to pay for shipping, I just had to package the laptop myself and bring it to a FedEx shipping place, I found one very easily. So I followed all the instructions, packaged my laptop extremely well so that it doesn't get damaged during shipping, and sent it through their choice of carrier. I had a tracking number so that I could ensure I knew when it arrived at the repair center.

Keep in mind, the clock is ticking on my warranty, I have about 12 days of coverage left at this point. FedEx gave me a notification telling me that it had arrived at the destination, but no word yet from ASUS. 2 days later I get a notification from ASUS saying that it had arrived and they have it and so they started on the repairs. I'm worried that my warranty will expire while they are repairing it, so I call customer service and they tell me that as long as they received it before the warranty expired, they are obligated to fix it, which is very noble of them.

The repair was done in a timely manner and it was finished at the exact estimated repair date, their estimate was correct. They repaired it, it went through final testing, and they sent it back to me. They gave me a tracking number for my package so I could know exactly when it would get to me. I received the laptop back in great condition, no damage, and the repairs were great and the original problem with the keyboard not functioning was fixed. The repair quality was excellent, the customer support was great, and the turnaround time was manageable - I received it back 21 days from the day I sent it away.

I read many reviews on this website and they scared me because of how low the rating for ASUS is on here, but I can tell you after going through the repair process that it was fantastic. They also gave me 90 days as a guarantee that my laptop won't have any more issues, which is amazing. So they guarantee that my laptop will work correctly after the repair for at least 90 days.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with ASUS right now. Their customer service was excellent, the repair fixed the issue and the quality of the repair was great too - my laptop came back in great condition just like how it was when I sent it to them. And the turnaround time was decent as well, it took less than a month, about 3 weeks. This shows me that ASUS stands by their products and will fix the issue if need be. I had a great experience with their repair center and can definitely recommend this brand to my family and friends. I am so happy with the service and the process. So ASUS has definitely earned this 5 star review in my book. Thank you ASUS for fixing my laptop and your customer service was excellent as well.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Never had a single complaint from a Customer. Have many Clients with ASUS motherboards still alive since 2004. Yet I've seen so many Dead Gigabyte Motherboards it isn't funny. I will give ASUS my respect for the Durable products they make!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Wife bought Asus Windows laptop 2013 - 2019 already stopped taking a charge and screen was black. Sent it to repair center for warranty repair 1 week later. Here it is in a nice box. Opened it up. Went to turn on. Same black screen. Still not charging. They say it was fixed. We called and was gave the runaround between service center. Squaretrade warranty center and finally Staples where it was bought from online plus the warranty who square trade and Asus say was for a tablet all three refuse to take credit for the mess up and defective product !! As a result Staples also Asus has loss our business forever not to mention my bad word of mouth they will receive to all my friends!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I bought a very expensive laptop about two years ago. It had all the bells and whistles. I loved this machine and I took good care of it. One night the motherboard just went pop. A new motherboard is not even available, and a used one was almost $500.00. Needless to say my lovely is now in the city dump. I will never buy another expensive computer and surely never ever buy another ASUS. A thousand dollars down the drain and no help from the company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Purchased this product and after several months, the display had dark burgundy lines going through it. Returned it under warranty, received another monitor. Months later, display/charge cord wasn't holding a strong connection. Returned it to Asus and apparently there was a white mark on the screen - voided my entire warranty and requiring me to purchase a new one. Asus mailed me the screen with that mark and because I didn't notify them within 90 days, they will not review the DISPLAY CORD. Remember, they don't mail you a new one, it is refurbished. The monitor is fine - no cracks, no scratches, but they refuse to troubleshoot the display cord. AVOID AVOID AVOID- not worth the terrible service!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

After approximately 3 years, the touch pad on my ASUS laptop popped off. Calling ASUS they indicated the cause was probably a swollen battery and they have not had any complaints of this type. Their solution was to stop using the device, send the laptop to them and they would quote me a price. The laptop was out of warranty. The battery was "non-removable." I went to the web and found numerous instance of ASUS swollen batteries and many solution. $30 for the battery and 15 minutes to remove and reinstall. It is my feeling their customer service does not warrant my business. Their use of this battery technology is extremely bad for the environment.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Sell overpriced garbage. Bought the RT AC86U. Paid top dollar and paid more than many competing products. Expected a quality product. 5gz SSID option did not work from the get go. Spent hours following online instructions to resolve the issue and had no luck. Spent 35 minutes with their customer support. Absolutely and utterly useless. May have to bite the bullet and just throw it in the garbage. Truly a terrible customer experience. DO NOT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My husband purchased and picked up the laptop from BestBuy 9/1/19. Unfortunately, the motherboard is broken and they refuse to replace it. Who wants a laptop that only ran for less than a month. I only use it about 3 times. It crashed and wouldn't turn back on. It has been a horrible inconvenience, plus they will only fix it and not replace it! I started class on Monday without a laptop. Unacceptable! 14 day return policy suck by the way! Best regards, Mrs. **

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs