Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

ASUS Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

Purchased an ASUS laptop computer. Right away, without flipping it over to activate the touchscreen mode, it does it all by itself. Sometimes hard to get it back into regular laptop mode. Then, three years later its Aptio Utility, for programmers, nothing to do with regular users, pops up and it blocks all usage of the laptop. Turns out it stems from a connector problem on the motherboard. Result: a very expensive repair for a laptop that is relatively new. Conclusion: a piece of garbage. DO NOT BUY A ASUS COMPUTER - EVER.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Horrible laptop. Guy at Best Buy sold it to me. It is full of junk no adult should want, games and it is so slow. It’s just awful. I have only used it a dozen times because it’s so bad, even my husband wants to throw it in the trash. Waste of money. Get a Dell.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Laptop had blue screen after forced update. Sent in for repairs and charged $347 to repair. I refused and took it locally and had windows installed for 60. Terrible customer service. I would never purchase again.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I had a problem with my laptop and sent it to them to repair, first, it took 1 week to get the label just to ship it back to them. The computer needed a simple hinge repair, and I was quoted it would take 2-4 weeks to fix, knowing the virus is here. Their website that shows status of repair is useless, my repair status didn't change ever. 6 weeks later I still do not have my computer repaired. Their chat is a waste of time, they lie and make things up to keep you happy. After 2 weeks of being promised my computer was almost ready to ship, it still isn't repaired nor is there a timeframe for when it might be repaired. DON'T SEND THEM ANYTHING TO REPAIR.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I purchased a motherboard from Asus. I could not get it to boot. I called Asus and they had me do some troubleshooting over the phone, but at the end that had me shipped to them when they received the board, they told me it CID customer induced damaged. This was supposed to be a brand new board and out of the box it does not boot and is damaged and Asus blames me for the poor quality products. Never buy another Asus product. This company cheats and lies to its customers, I hope they bankrupt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: April 27, 2020

Bought an Asus laptop three months ago. Only took it out of the box a few days ago. The laptop doesn’t turn on anymore, it was very slow to begin with and then it would shut down when you used it and then it didn’t turn on and that all happened within 3 days of opening it. If you need a laptop don’t go with an asus, piece of junk.

Original review: March 11, 2020

1. They send me a computer that starts clicking within less than a month. 2. I call up Asus, and they tell me to reset the BIOS. I tell them that it's a hardware problem, so that's a bad idea. They insist "This is the only way you can proceed." 3. Following their advice annihilates the motherboard. 4. I call up and ask for an advance replacement, but they tell me I have to ship it in and refuse me expedited shipping. "This is the only way you can proceed."

5. I try to extract my data and manage to confirm that it is healthy but cannot copy it because they've encrypted it. 6. I call up again and ask for expedited shipping again and get a rude supervisor who literally talks over me to read me the RMA terms and completely ignores me when I tell him that I can't preserve my data per his instructions. By ignore, I mean literally talk over me and not respond. 7. I send it in and get it back two weeks later. Despite the fact that the data was healthy and the drive required no repair, they wiped the data, causing me to have to spend a dozen hours reconstructing my data.

8. Additionally, the laptop is still clicking and now has additional problems with resolution of open/save windows and Bluetooth unreliability. 9. I call again and am told that they cannot provide a replacement. I am told to send it in again. "This is the only way you can proceed." 10. I send it in and get it back a week and a half later. The clicking is gone, but the resolution and Bluetooth problems remain. This is the second failed repair attempt.

11. I call in again. They tell me to do a factory reset. The computer fails to do so. 12. They then ask me to send it in again. I lose it over the idea that these people who have failed to fix anything are supposed to be trusted with it again, and they finally agree to an advance replacement. They promise me an email with a credit card hold within two days. 13. The email never comes. I call up the next week, and they tell me that they can't help immediately but will follow up. I get an email an hour later saying that coronavirus is slowing things down, which is an obvious red herring because coronavirus doesn't prevent emails from being sent.

14. I call back and talk to a supervisor who agrees that everything I've dealt with is unacceptable and informs me that they can't send me the same model but that they will send me a list of other options. 15. I never get the email with a list of options but I do get the credit card hold email. I fill it in and expect to get an advance replacement. I am sent a tracking number. 16. I check the tracking number the next week and the information shows that it has been sent to the wrong address (somewhere in California whereas I live in Texas), and it is being returned to sender.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Purchased new a year ago for nearly $600, and after six months, it kept shutting down. A year later, many returns to ASUS for service and hundreds of dollars in costs to a computer tech for re-loading my programs, plus all the travel and time spent, ALL ASUS IS WILLING TO DO IS REPLACE THIS LEMON WITH A REFURBISHED LAPTOP (different model) AND PROVIDE A 90 DAY WARRANTY.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I purchased the phone 3 months ago and I've had a bad experience with it. I called them to let them know that this is a brand new phone and I don't have another phone and the only solution is to have me send the phone (into Which they won't even provide a shipping label) and send it to a country that is practically on lockdown because of the Coronavirus and wait anywhere between 7 day to a month for my phone to get back to me (hopefully without any virus). Honestly I don't even know why I picked this phone, I compared it to another brand that a friend of mine had and his was actually faster and took better pictures than mine.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Asus is one of the worst products I've ever purchased in my life! The moment I got it it didn't work right. They made me pay to ship it back to them and when I got it back it still didn't work! I finally took it to an Apple computer store and they fixed it for $35. It never really worked well and then the screen quit working. I went back to Apple products and have always received stellar service.

ASUS author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team