1.87/5
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ASUS

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 8, 2018

625 ASUS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I bought my Asus tablet on September 16, 2017, the power button was hard to turn on my tablet. The power button was receded into the tablet. Every time I turned on my tablet the power button sank more into the tablet where it became no longer functional to turn on. I called Asus since my warranty was still valid. They instructed me to send it back with an RMA # or something like that, and I had to pay for shipping.

We call them after not hearing back for a few weeks to see the status, they lied and said we opened up the back and the tablet had physical damage. Liars. We never opened up the back, never dropped it. They send a picture to us saying the back was tampered with, they had the back cover off, they were the ones who opened up the back not us. Then they had the nerve to say we need to pay them to have it fixed. I told the woman in whatever country I was calling, we're not paying for it and they were the ones who opened up the back not us. I made them send it back, The worst scam company ever. Never buy from them. I'm disputing the charges with my bank too.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Bought a laptop and it lasted for less than a year with minimal usage. Call the company a month after the one year company warranty expired and was told that I had to pay more money than I paid for the laptop to have it repaired. The laptop was a gift for my sister living in Jamaica and as such I couldn’t get it back from her in time before the one year passed even though it stopped working before. They couldn’t care less. I will never buy or encourage anyone to buy anything from this company again. Poor quality products and horrible customer service!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I am an international student in Canada. Bought a laptop from ASUS. The biggest mistake that I could make. As a month passed, I faced problem in hardware, now and then faced blue screen of death. Even on fresh image of Windows installation, the laptop worked so so slow as if the system was fully utilized. I have given my laptop to repair for at least 7 times and every time I receive my laptop I face the same problem. Being an international student and in subject of computers, I had no option but to use the college system as most of the time my system didn't work as expected or else it was with ASUS to get diagnosed. Sometimes I had to borrow system from my friends to complete my assignments and project. I had some tiresome day using their laptop.

Now, after an year they decided to replace the model that I have with a newer model. But as an option I just received one system that I could select. No problem, I accepted that, as I could have a new model which might not have any problem. I submitted my system and after 7 days I receive that option which was pretty much like, "I have this as the only system which I can give you." After selecting the model, they told me that the system will get shipped in 5 business days. It has been almost 7 days now and their own team don't have any update whether I am getting that system as replacement or when they will be shipping it to me.

This whole process took 15 days and by communicating I could figure out that this might take approximately 15 more number of days to ship my order. This has been pathetic experience that I could ever have with a system. I would never recommend to buy ASUS product even if that is sold for free or lowest price in comparison with their competitors.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

ASUS is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My <1 year old laptop completely stopped working, so I sent it in for repair. I followed all the packaging instructions (2 in padding, etc.) and paid the $26 shipping fee only to be notified by ASUS that my laptop had exterior damage. My laptop DID NOT have any damage when I sent it in, and I watched the post office worker package the laptop. Furthermore, ASUS insisted that the package was not damaged; so the only way it could have been damaged is if it was sent this way. They are complete con artist who assume no responsibility for their own faults. There is no protection for the consumer-- it's your word against theirs. DO NOT BUY ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE A VICTIM OF FRAUD.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My mom brought this for I and my brother two Christmases ago and within the first year, my laptop began to freeze and not turn on. So I shipped it off in its 1 year warranty and they fixed it. When I got it back it was doing fine. Months later my brother laptop starts freezing and doing the same thing and to no avail could he turn his on. Since he is in college out of town, shipping it would be harder for him. Now that it is two years my laptop has once again become a pain to work with. It's constantly updating, freezing, cutting off, and deleting important files. Dealing with ASUS constantly in this manner shows me this is not a good brand and I can't wait to invest in a better laptop and leave them alone for good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased this computer (Asus Q503) just over a year ago, it has been in service to Best Buy 3 times and Asus Service center once. It cost me $65 to have it sent in under warranty. The computer has had the memory cards replaced, the hard drive replaced, and the motherboard replaced. Each time the computer comes back wiped clean, requiring hours of redownloading photos and files and programs. This laptop has been a total unreliable piece of junk. This is my 3 Asus, and I have been a strong supporter of Asus, but after all the problems and lack of support from Asus and not willing to stand behind their products, it will be my last. I just purchased an expensive gaming computer for my daughter and it wasn't an Asus.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Did my first PC build and bought the ASUS Prime Z270 - A motherboard. Got everything put into the case and get the beep when booting. I have not been able to install an OS of any kind, Windows or Linux. When Windows was loading file during setup, the monitor would freeze with red lines on the entire monitor screen. I tried different monitors and different cables. Still the same. I have been chatting with ASUS and didn't get a resolution because I was having problems locating the serial number. (My fault.) I have since found my serial number on the motherboard and will chat some more come Monday. Order number is from Newegg.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Have been trying to use this dual band Wi-Fi device (USB-N53) on my Asus Q400A with a unsuitable N2230 Wi-Fi card. I am currently using Windows 10 and this device has not work properly since I purchased it at Staples about 1.5 years ago. Finally I called Asus to get driver updates and I am told they no longer support this device. I am not surprised considering the comments I have read regarding Asus product support and am surprised they are still in business, I guess I will just throw away this device and stay away from any future Asus products purchases.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I never had problem with Asus for years and purchased Sabertooth 990FX version 3.0. This motherboard was first time that cause problems with BIOS. Asus technical support asked me to upgrade the BIOS with latest version. I told him almost 8 times as the version was latest released and problem was not solve. The problem I always received "Overclocking Failed". In fact that I have not use overclocking but remain as standard setting. Then they asked me to ship the motherboard with my own expense for shipping and may take up to three or four weeks for "repair". I told them this motherboard has issues by other users.

They also refused to exchange for different motherboard and they claimed that motherboard was no longer in product and only option was repair. My motherboard when I filed was only four weeks old. The version 3.0 was released and then discontinued quickly about four months in market. They told me, "Oh well the reason they stopped it very quickly because of new Ryzen processor so then they abandoned FX based and rush with new generation." I told them I have five years warranty on motherboard. They said, "Oh well, only repair not seek to replace it." They claimed they were no longer have the Sabertooth motherboard in stock.

I fed up with their excuses and not willing to help customers like myself. Their customer support service was nightmare as they scream for receipt repeatedly even I had the receipt sent to them. My greatest discourage Asus changed a lot lately and many customers were not happy with their "cruel" customer service and poor technical support. I had to purchase new different brand motherboard and it was successful without any problem. Then my Sabertooth FX990 motherboard already somewhere at the city dump site and no longer future purchase with Asus and Gigabyte. Do not believe their warranty coverage because it is all FAKE. You will never get your motherboard return with repaired. I hate to ask you, just do not buy any Asus or Gigabyte products until they have to change their system.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

If I could rate this company no stars I would've. Customer service is terrible. Cost me 50 bucks out of my pocket to ship them a defective less than a year old laptop that just ** the bed out of nowhere. Shut off while using it and wouldn't turn on or charge when it was fully charged. Company won't reimburse shipping for a 900$ plus tax laptop that's supposed to be top of the line. I will NEVER purchase an Asus product again. Was supposed to be one of the best laptops but yet a week and a half before warranty is up it crashes? Unacceptable. And company doesn't care, they're sorry. Yeah I'm sure. So sorry you cost me $50 to ship your product to you that's under warranty. And it'll take 7 to 10 business days to be repaired then I have to wait to get it back. Seems reasonable to be without my 900 plus laptop for that long and don't forget the time to ship there. Reporting to BBB.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My son paid approximately $2000 for this computer (ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501VW) expecting it to be good quality. At about the 14 month mark it stopped working (motherboard was fried). Asus replaced it with another unit but that one only lasted 6 months before it stopped working. Terrible product and absolutely horrible customer service. Would not buy another Asus product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was really upset with the rebate offer. I mailed my rebate and they confirm receipt June 30, 2017 and until now I hasn't received my rebate!!! This is the longest rebate I ever processed! If I only knew I wouldn't do it... Don't buy products of ASUS that offers rebate. It will take sooooo long. I will never buy ASUS product that offers rebate. I will not consider it as an option in buying their product because you will wait for so long and you will forget it before you get it...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Bought this Asus R556L laptop to do my design work and for school but after two years the laptop started to overheat while in conjunction with the sound card shorted and stopped working. Then Windows 10 stopped loading and keep going to the Bios. I tried to update the drivers but it didn't seem to help at all. This my first time buying an Asus laptop and after seeing all the complaints about their laptops, I think I will be sticking to buying their computer components that are more reliable before I consider buying a Notebook from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

AC-RT88U Router. I had the first one replaced due to failed 2.4GHZ radio. It took way too long and my out of pocket shipping expense to get a replacement. Now this replacement is showing anomalies I would like to ask about but getting a response in email via their ridiculous support site is futile.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The Asus 2 in 1 touch screen model Q304UA was sold to me as the state of the art laptop. It is the state of frustration. Slow to get started, locks up, refuses to shut down. Numerous calls to Asus and Geek Squad to no avail. On more than one call to Asus, I was told to call 24 hours later because their servers were down. WHAT??? I sent the laptop back to Asus 4 times. Once they sent it back and the machine wouldn't even turn on out of the box - obviously no QA in the repair department.

I sent letters with each return, but no one reads them. They don't even provide a report to tell me what repairs were performed. I just sent it back for the 4th time and asked for a replacement. They have had it a week now. I called Asus and was told my request is being evaluated and someone will get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. On the phone, the customer service reps keep telling me they are so sorry for the inconvenience. After hundreds of "sorries" and no action, my ears are deaf. I still have hope of getting a replacement but I am not optimistic that it will work any better. Guess it is a $700 lesson. This review is my only payback.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Great laptop, very easy set-up... Mouse is not sensitive enough, battery needs to be longer acting. Keys are not stiff... Can't find the volume control.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I love the touchscreen technology. It’s quick and I can do anything with it that I want. Looks nice very slim and sleek looking. A bigger screen would be nice but I like as is.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

This was a $700.00 computer! Worst problems ever. They never support you at all. They now have No web-site? I will never ever again. Fixed 5 times.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have used Apple tablet and it is ok. Toshiba laptop computers were good and still use 1 of them. Gateway computer was the first one I used and it is now used for games and it was great. At work I used HP and did not like them as well. Asus does everything for what I need to use. I am very pleased with it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Sent my ZenFone 2 deluxe in for repair, and followed up by email. Phone came back damaged and battery issues were not repaired. A year later the phone completely doesn't work unless plugged in!!! And the head office in Markham refuses to fix it even though it was sent in under warranty for this issue, and confirmed over recorded calls and emails that they never fixed it! Phones is a scam. Don't fall for the fake specs or price. It's awful!!! As is the company and customer service that sends you in circles. WILL NEVER BUY SCAM ASUS EVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

23" Asus LCD screen had dead pixels, second 23" Asus LCD monitor had dead HDMI port, motherboard was sent in for service. Was damaged at service center then damaged in area that was clearly not the problem, but was blamed on me!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I truly love my Asus laptop computer, bought on Amazon a few years ago and still works fine. They are very dependable and affordable. My Asus laptop is very easy to use and great for all ages.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I will NEVER/EVER buy another ASUS again. The Wifi stopped working after the first windows update. After contacting Tech support numerous times on this issue and explaining that my Wifi does NOT connect, or connects then drops with any Wifi location, whether at home, at the University where I teach or at other locations. Their response is to go back to the previous OPSYS release or, "Reboot your router." I cannot go back to previous releases because of losing updates and never updating my OPSYS. This is NOT very practical solution. Also, to ask the various locations I visit to reboot their network, seems a little ridiculous. The tech support response was slow and not as well as their responses were unrealistic. If I use a Cat-5 cable all is good but I am not utilizing my Wifi. No More Asus for this consumer. My Dell laptop as well as my IPAD have no problems connecting wherever I go.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Asus has a lot of features on their devices. The only problem that I experience is their ability to stay connected to a router. I have had many issues with this problem and the only fix they tell me is to hold the power in off position for 60 seconds so the device can rest itself which works. The other issue that I have experienced is old technology. I was going to change keyboards to a backup light feature and when I stated to remove the keyboard the connection broke on the wire ribbon which I haven't seen it for years. Trying to find replacement was nearly impossible unless you wanted to purchase 100 feet.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Two days after my AIO desktop was delivered, it would not turn on. Customer support determined it needed to be shipped back AT MY OWN EXPENSE. $176 and 2 weeks later, the computer was returned noting "free warranty" work to replace a defective power button. Once I got it running, there was quite a bit of bloatware. On the plus side, the large screen and resolution are great. That's it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

ASUS has always been a fairly solid brand. Even in their cheaper models attention to detail is adequate and usually always good display quality for the money.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Battery won't hold a charge after only 1.5 years. I paid over 1000.00 for something that craps out very fast. Won't ever consider buying this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I don't think the hardware aspect of the computer makes much difference in the operation of the machine. The quality of the internet provider is more critical in smooth computer operation.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have had 2 Asus laptops in the last 4 years. I am thinking of moving back to Dell or HP. Asus just do not last very long... I am thinking about buying direct than from a big box store.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My Asus laptop build quality is very bad. Cracking sound comes from computer then I touch it. Also it a lot of dead pixels on display and fan is very loudly. I will never buy another Asus product!

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ASUS Company Information

www.asus.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use