3.61/5

711 ASUS Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

After my disappointing experience with NetGear Router AC1750 and their pressure sales for their Service Contract, I purchased the ASUS mostly for the good and polite customer service. Their products are good too! With my RT-AC1200 router, I found the instructions to set it up are straightforward, and it took very little time to get it up and running. I connected it up to my Computer and found it easy to use the interface control panel to set my passwords. It also has a 2 year warranty which is great. Love it!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Bought the laptop. Was on offer. Might add. Still very expensive laptop but good value compared to the rest. I & 3.8gb Ram. Very impressed by the speed and efficiency. Definitely bought the right laptop for what I want.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

So I promised myself that if my repair goes smoothly that I would write a review for the ASUS repair center, because I see a lot of really bad reviews for this company here and they deserve better. So here goes: I have an expensive ASUS gaming laptop, and after 11 months of use the keyboard broke. It's definitely a hardware issue. First, I called customer service and told them I need to repair my laptop and that it should still be under warranty. They checked the date on the warranty and informed me that it had expired, which can't be possible because I know the exact date I bought the laptop and it hasn't been exactly a year yet. So they told me I'll need to send them my original invoice for verification. And so I found my invoice for when I bought the laptop, sent it over to them and they verified it within 2 days, giving me a new warranty date which was now the correct date, exactly a year from the day I actually bought it.

Once the verification process was complete, they sent me the shipping label, an RMA number, and told me how they wanted me to send it to their repair center. I didn't have to pay for shipping, I just had to package the laptop myself and bring it to a FedEx shipping place, I found one very easily. So I followed all the instructions, packaged my laptop extremely well so that it doesn't get damaged during shipping, and sent it through their choice of carrier. I had a tracking number so that I could ensure I knew when it arrived at the repair center.

Keep in mind, the clock is ticking on my warranty, I have about 12 days of coverage left at this point. FedEx gave me a notification telling me that it had arrived at the destination, but no word yet from ASUS. 2 days later I get a notification from ASUS saying that it had arrived and they have it and so they started on the repairs. I'm worried that my warranty will expire while they are repairing it, so I call customer service and they tell me that as long as they received it before the warranty expired, they are obligated to fix it, which is very noble of them.

The repair was done in a timely manner and it was finished at the exact estimated repair date, their estimate was correct. They repaired it, it went through final testing, and they sent it back to me. They gave me a tracking number for my package so I could know exactly when it would get to me. I received the laptop back in great condition, no damage, and the repairs were great and the original problem with the keyboard not functioning was fixed. The repair quality was excellent, the customer support was great, and the turnaround time was manageable - I received it back 21 days from the day I sent it away.

I read many reviews on this website and they scared me because of how low the rating for ASUS is on here, but I can tell you after going through the repair process that it was fantastic. They also gave me 90 days as a guarantee that my laptop won't have any more issues, which is amazing. So they guarantee that my laptop will work correctly after the repair for at least 90 days.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with ASUS right now. Their customer service was excellent, the repair fixed the issue and the quality of the repair was great too - my laptop came back in great condition just like how it was when I sent it to them. And the turnaround time was decent as well, it took less than a month, about 3 weeks. This shows me that ASUS stands by their products and will fix the issue if need be. I had a great experience with their repair center and can definitely recommend this brand to my family and friends. I am so happy with the service and the process. So ASUS has definitely earned this 5 star review in my book. Thank you ASUS for fixing my laptop and your customer service was excellent as well.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Never had a single complaint from a Customer. Have many Clients with ASUS motherboards still alive since 2004. Yet I've seen so many Dead Gigabyte Motherboards it isn't funny. I will give ASUS my respect for the Durable products they make!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've bought a laptop, it is working well after many years, however the touchpad needs to be replaced. I didn't find replacement for this model exactly, and the ASUS support didn't even bother to respond to my question whether another model's is compatible with my laptop. My experience with ASUS products was OK, however, I don't understand for what do they give money for their customer support team, if they are this incompetent. 1 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

Original review: July 29, 2019

I purchased a $180 gaming motherboard and in less than a year it stopped working. So I called Asus support and their tech dept. walked me through troubleshooting, nothing worked so I was advised to ship it to them and take a picture of the motherboard before packaging it by their recommended parameters. Shortly after I got an invoice for $70 for repair cost I was told the motherboard pins were bent. I have pictures of the motherboard completely intact and no physical damage before I sent it. Clearly there is something going on with their tech dept. Their customer service rep never reached out with any explanation and after days of back and forth my case was closed and motherboard still not fixed or replaced! This service center is somewhere in the Caribbean so it's very possible they do not value customers as a United States company does. Buyer beware! Purchase from a brand that stands behind their products!

Original review: July 9, 2019

My tablet has been with Asus Service for 2 weeks with a swollen battery and still no further forward, nobody will respond and give me a completion date. I cannot work currently and have asked for my tablet to be returned immediately unrepaired as I will get it sorted locally as the loss of work far outweighs replacing the battery but I cannot even get the product returned or even a response. Was very happy with the product but the service is absolutely terrible. Just hope your Asus doesn't go wrong.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Useless product with stupid response from Asus authorized service center. Never ever experienced such a low quality service. Not recommend for Asus Product at all. For single issue I had submitted thrice at Service center Vide RMA No: **, **, **. Imagine the quality of product & service Asus provides to its customers and the trust they deserve from us... (Rating - 0/5)

Original review: July 5, 2019

I had an Asus laptop right out of the box. Couldn't connect a second screen to it. Other than that, it was working perfectly. Tech support put me thru about 2 hrs of different things trying to get it to accept a second screen. The guy had no clue what he was doing. Fried the hard drive and destroyed the computer. They refused to take any responsibility for it. Will never purchase another Asus.

Original review: July 1, 2019

DOA video card. Bought the first card from Newegg, it was dead on arrival. They sent a replacement card and after 3 months it too is dead. But on this card they say the serial number is no good. It is the replacement they sent me!!!

ASUS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.

• Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.

• Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.

• All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.

• Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.

• Best for: Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs