ASUS

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My bank account was compromised by someone who ordered product via the ASUS website. It was difficult to get the issue resolved because there was only one phone number to call which was to their order call center. They do not have a process in place to handle situations where there was fraudulent order. They would not provide any information about the purchase or shipping address that was used in the transaction. Which seemed odd, because it was my card number that was used. Each time I called about the transaction, I received different information. I asked many times to discuss someone other than the call center.

Updated on 11/24/2016: Update on fraudulent order that was placed with my checking card on the www.asus.com website. The card that was used was a debit card directly taking funds out of my checking account. I have been calling their customer service phone number EVERY day to get my money back. EVERY time I call I get the same person and different information about what needs to be done to get this issue resolved. They are in no hurry to get the issue resolved. They have treated me as if I was the person who used the card and that I am the thief.

When I initially called they couldn't locate the order under my name or address. Which means that their website does not verify billing address with the billing address of the card address and does not require the 3 digit code on back of card. Supposedly the order had already left the warehouse which was less than 24 hours after the fraudulent order was placed. They said that they may be able to call back the order that was shipped. This is the point that was the turning point. Now when I call they wouldn't provide any information about the fraudulent order, shipping address, billing address, what product was ordered. They claimed it was a privacy law. I was like really? Someone fraudulently places an order and they wouldn't provide the information. I asked to talk to a manager. No luck!

Next day, same guy and another story, this time they were accusing me of letting someone use my card such as a child or spouse or other. It is going on three weeks. Oh yeah now they are asking if I clicked on a link in an email that may have placed the order. They are not doing anything to resolve the issue. I asked where the customer service and he was located. He said he was in the Caribbean. I asked where and he would tell me. So based on my experience their call center is comprised of one person. In addition, wherever they are located in the Caribbean there are no laws protecting the consumer. They have no system or process in place to deal with orders that are fraudulent. They figure they have money and that is all that matters.

Will make sure no one around will purchase any of Asus products, you should do it, too. If 5 of us make sure 30 people around us will never use Asus, then the 30 can generate 900, and 900 will generate 27000, sooner, Asus will get what they deserve within a couple of years. The best part is that this review will always be here, forever.

This time is literally the worst experience ever. This time even worse than the last time Nexus 7 problem. Purchased this motherboard Maxim Formula VI. Probably the biggest mistake in the entire life. Got problems with memory slot, checked, under warranty. Then, called the customer service. The first customer services guy confirm all the information including calling back phone number and then hung up the phone. Waiting for half an hour, called again.

On the phone with a new customer service for two hours, checking CPU model, memory sticks model, hard drive, even power supply, then, after everything, finally he permitted a RMA return. He emphasized the necessity to ship "all parts" back to them, so that their "warehouse" can check it. He also emphasized "if it does not have the problem described or extra problems that have not covered" the motherboard will be shipping back directly without fixing the problems. Asked three times, "is this a threat?" The answer is "it does not matter."

Going through RMA, he emphasized that need to purchased shipping box instead of bubbled envelope. He also pointed out needs to buy insurance "in case something happened during the shipping." Asked how long did it take, got an answer, "after receiving the product, we will send an email to you within 5-7 business days to let you know when we are going to fix it." Before hung up, he emphasized: list all the problems in the RMA paper, follow all the instructions from the RMA email, and well packaged "everything" then ship it back to their address.

More than two hours, finally allowed to shipped it back. Around two weeks from the day shipped till the day, finally received an email from Asus and said please pay the balance of the invoice. Clicked the invoice link, said the CPU slot was damaged, it was not covered by the warranty. $120.00 and $15.00 shipping. Which is equal to half of the price of a new motherboard. Contacted them immediately, on the phone for another half an hour, the customer service still won't acknowledge that a couple of CPU pins bent a little bit does not need to change the entire CPU slot, just need to bent it back. Ask about the memory slot, no idea, "it should not have problems", then "sir, sir I cannot hear you..." Second call was better. Got an agreement, at least customer service agreed to cancel the RMA and would ship it back very soon.

Seven days after that phone call, received the shipment. Open the box, only one motherboard with nearly fifty CPU pins bent. Have nothing to say, if have time, probably just DIY to fix it. Spent a day fix the pins, then found out there was no WIFI module. Next day, contact Asus, the guy confirmed another with warehouse, admitted that it was a mistake and said should be shipped back quickly. Got an email in four hours, said that need to pay for the shipping back. Wait, what? Customers paying for warehouse's fault?

Contacted the customer service, the guy picked up the phone, said "you just have to pay for it, because it is your extra accessories, you shouldn't ship it back at the first place." Explained, then he said the customer should reply directly to that email, other than that there was nothing he could do. Funny, the email's title is "Do not reply to this message." Asked other ways, he said "there was nothing he could do on his end." Asked, if there were anyone or any department that could solve this, response was "Sorry, but no". Asked "could you transfer me to your supervisor or complaint department," said "OK, will transfer you to supervisor." Waited, 40 minutes, nothing. Called again, spent 20 minutes explaining the same problem, transfer to a "supervisor", another 20 minutes, "supervisor" picked up the phone, "how can I help you" 20 minutes explained, says "OK, let's see what I can do".

Already 2:30 p.m., no point to wait until the final solution. Assuming the waiting is the final solution. It is funny that their slogan on the phone says "Asus believe technology is for people." It slaps so hard and so loud. So quick recap, purchasing from Asus is not a permanent purchase, instead, it is a rental with full price payment. So, you got what you got when you got it and that's it. Thus, the moment of the sale is the final moment. To be fair, their products are very shining on the outside, especially according to the specs. However, the point is you can use it for a couple of beautiful days. This moment ends, so does the product.

Suggestions: be aware that "any physical damage will void your warranty" term. This means any pin bent or scratch on the surface could be a "physical damage" in a legal perspectives. Last time, it happened to Nexus 7, too. A little bit scratch and crack on edge of the glass voided the warranty and then they would not fix the battery problem. Similarly, this time all customer service personnel are trying to find out consumer's responsibility instead of helping to solve the problems, that is the only reason could explain why the first customer service was asking for what kind of hard drive or power supply are using. Grow up, Asus. Listen to some PR professionals, and they will tell you one penny on the customer service equals to twenty dollars on promotions.

Purchased a Asus MeMo Pad 7" tablet from Asus on Feb 11, 2015. As of this week it will not connect to the internet. Called Asus and the cost of repair is more than the tablet is worth. Just expected to get more than a year and a half use out of this tablet. Customer support was no help. I did a factory reset myself, still did not resolve the issue. Guess this will be my last Asus product.

I bought an Asus laptop last Christmas eve. In less than one year, (1) the battery died on me, (2) the screen has a permanent yellow line vertically down the screen, (3) the WiFi and ethernet adaptors are failing. During these time. I personally took the laptop to Canadian service center in Markham. It took 5 business days for the (1) and (2) to be diagnosed. For (2), I called the toll free number for 8 times throughout the day and no one answered the phone. When I finally got the line the next morning, I was told that I could expect the laptop to be ready for pick up that day pending final testing. I didn't hear any news on that the day.

On the following day day when I called again, I was told on site that it was ready yesterday at noon. I asked for the telephone number for the service center and I was told the best way to call is the toll free number for that branch 1-888-678-3688. The staff said that this was the number to call which is different from the toll free number that I have been using. I was assured that the call center will transfer the line to the branch upon request.

I dropped off my laptop yesterday morning and informed the staff of my frustration of working with a defective laptop and the turnaround time for the service as I relied my laptop for work purposes. The staff told me that he would expedite by putting in a rush request. When I called the toll free number today that I was given my the branch in my previous (2) visit, I was refused to be transferred to the branch and the operator informed that she cannot transfer and there is no branch phone number to be contacted. She didn't find any report on my yesterday's visit.

I had wasted so much time with a defective battery, failed WiFi adaptor card that kept cutting off my Internet connection 6 or 7 times a day while I was using it during a day. The connection interruption is like every 40 minutes interval on the average. The only way I could get back to Internet is to restart my laptop each time. My cell phone WiFi connection were ok during all those times.

I purchased a brand new ASUS 2 in 1 laptop/tablet from Best Buy, apparently it was supposed to be the very best. I took it home and the keyboard felt very sticky and the touch pad was very unpleasant. I also noticed I was getting numerous popups when I changed from laptop to tablet mode. Dealing with ASUS support was a nightmare. The wait was very long, the staff were rude and did not know what the heck they were doing. I eventually just gave up and took the machine back to Best Buy and got a full refund. For a small amount of additional money extra I got a really nice Lenovo Yoga. It is very well put together, it has a rimless screen and the keyboard is really nice, an all around high quality product that has great tech support. Do not waste your time or your money on the ASUS, they are complete garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

After many years in IT support and several PC builds using ASUS components, I sprung for an ASUS laptop. I have had no problems with this unit in 3 years and purchased a second last year for my mom. Durable, easy to update, exceptional performance. I appreciate having a computer from a company that doesn't rely on grey market components like Dell or Lenovo. The ASUS laptop design is sleek and the laptop lightweight. I would HIGHLY recommend an ASUS laptop for workplace or home computing.

I fully complied with all the detailed and overly difficult requirements for an offered ASUS rebate. ASUS apparently used the shipping date instead of my purchase date, and refused to honor their rebate offer for this reason. When I sent them a copy of my online order confirmation showing a purchase date two days prior to the offer cut off date, and requested that they correct his error, they simply refused to respond in any way. When I investigated further it became apparent that ASUS has already earned a reputation for unreasonably refusing to honor their rebate offers. Personally I consider this to be a form of financial fraud, and would like to see an investigation and/or a class action against them.

I purchased an Asus laptop in December 2015. The product didn't work. Was returned in January 2016. I made the mistake of purchasing another, newer model. This product hasn't worked since purchased. It has been easier to not use it which negates the purchase. I'm being told by the company they do not do returns but instead want me to pay to ship the product to be "fixed" and then returned to me. Right now my opinion is to never purchase this brand again. Model Q503U.

I got an ASUS laptop for college because it was a higher end computer and I thought that it would be a great two in one. I thought it would be good for gaming and school work. Turns out, I could not have been more wrong. It is completely incompetent at running games of any kind. It constantly lags out no matter how much RAM I dedicate to it. However, the biggest problem that I have with this computer is not the gaming, I can live without that. The biggest problem is that it constantly freezes. It is absolutely ridiculous that I should spend $1000+ on a laptop only to have it already begin lagging and freezing after no more than 2 months. It is ridiculous, so I would strongly advise against getting an ASUS. It really is not worth the price. There are far better options available for far less.

I have purchased multiple items pertaining to ASUS computer components. The last purchase was for a sound card which came with a $10 rebate. I filled all information as requested down to every detail & included all original items required, online & also mailed it in as per their request. Keep in mind that I, personally am an extremely detailed oriented individual, all T's were crossed, All I's dotted, no mistake. I then get an e-mail stating that the rebate has been denied. Reasons were not even valid and not even remotely correct. They have everything that they requested. I cannot believe how deceitful they are. If they need that $10 dollars that badly, I told them to keep it. They certainly lost my business, and I will make it a goal to tell all about this big fiasco.

Went to Asus (A Stupid Useless System) live chat and keep on want to know my serial no. of device, only then can help me to troubleshoot, been using Msi, gigabyte, asrock and all of them never give me problem at all. Asus motherboard been giving me problem again and again. Even whole world PC company close down, I will never ever get Asus product ever again.

Maybe long ago, but now it's cheap product and bad customer service. Incredible Experiences and Warranty programs that will give you a peace of Mind. I bought a new ASUS computer for $1400 to replace my old computer. After only 1 years the laptop has been nothing but a pain. Had issues with updates and then nothing worked. When I called in for a RMA first thing they say is "It will be $700 to fix." Not even a hesitation which tells me this happens a lot. I asked how is it that a laptop that is supposed to be so good would not last more than 2 years and an Acer from Walmart is better. Then I was told that he has never heard of this happening, funny since I do a lot of gaming and 6 of my friends have had this same issue and 17 more in my gaming community. As of now I'm joining in the Avoid purchasing ROG or Any other ASUS systems until they step up to the plate and fix our issues.

I was always filled with empty apologies. I was told it is unfair... But, they can't do anything about it. I was told I have every reason to be upset. They will fix it for $690.00 after I sent it in and they actually said we looked at it. Will replace the defective motherboard part and give you a 90 day warranty. I asked if it is refurbished and they say we can't tell you. (Which means yes and it will break after 90 days and I guarantee they will break something else as the replace it.) Asked to speak to another department then was put on hold and transferred to someone about cost. Stood on hold for 45 min the came back on and was told "Here's the number. Just call them later."

Now I'm told if I don't make a decision today they will just ship it back and I can deal with it. I have purchased many items from ASUS but it looks like I need to get rid of them all. Seems like the only thing they are interested in now is profit and not Quality of the product or Customer service. I would like to resolve this and see if ASUS will set up to make things right.

My daughter purchased an ASUS Tablet T100TAF with keyboard for college in November 2015. It will not charge or turn on. We have sent it in 3 times for repairs. Every time it comes back with the same problem. I just spent over an hour on hold before the system hung up on me. ASUS refuses to give her a new product. ASUS has basically stolen from a 16 year old.

I will tell you, why I gave them one star. The concept of customer service simply doesn't exist in these people's minds. They, to begin with given Georgians are so stupid and rude, they have no sense that in front of a foreigner they shouldn't at least continuously laugh, as it might be perceived derogatory. They also just don't care about you as a customer especially if you are not their kind. (Georgians in general are very racist and two faced.) Ok, the tangible part: I bought an Asus Zenmax phone and after three weeks the power button stopped functioning. The store policy is that you have seven days to return a faulty phone. So I took it to the service center, and right off the bat was told that the phone has an internal damage and due to that, it doesn't turn on. And warranty doesn't apply since there is a damage (I have no idea how that relates, but...), and I can pay out of pocket.

Few days later I was told that it cost 40%, of the cost of the phone to repair it which is roughly 200 GEL. Feeling a bit screwed, that haven't done any damage to the phone in three weeks, my phone stops functioning, I figured the phone must had originally had a malfunction, prior to me buying it. So I went back to the store, and with, awesomely enough the very manager not speaking a word of English, with the help of a Georgian dude, I was able to relay my thought to them (yeah, they just don't like to make any attempt to understand you, so if you don't speak their language, you are just doomed to whatever might come up, and they just leave you like that with no sense of humanity). But alas, it was just a useless attempt, and the message was that, at the time of purchase the phone was tested as functioning, and if there is any damage, it must have happened after sale.

Now wait, that's not all. Since I needed a phone, I also went ahead and bought another phone. I went to this guy who spoke some English and I said I want to buy a good phone, and asked for advice. He told me that for my price range he would recommend, a Huawei phone and I didn't understand the model number. All I know is that the girl who worked there took me to a phone on display and showed me a Huawei Y6 phone. I looked at the quick specs, namely the battery being 4000 maH, and liked it and asked to buy it. At the time of actually making the payment, they told me that the price tag had changed by 15 Laris. I just told them, that of course not in Georgia, but in U.S., if you are shown a price tag, and the register price is higher, they have to offer you the sticker price. That same girl however went and grabbed the sticker of another Huawei model GR3, and that sticker price was like only 7 Laris different.

I was a bit confused about what's going on and I told them it's not a matter at all and I buy it. A day later while setting up my phone, I realized that the battery only had the capacity of 2200 maH. So on the fourth day of purchase I went to the store and tried to tell them what happened and that I want to exchange my device. They just said no.

My mother purchased her ASUS Laptop from Best Buy a few years ago if even that long. The screen keeps going black and will cut off. We have taken it to Geek Squad several times to be told the problem has been taken care of. We have been told it was viruses on the computer. We have virus protection on all of our computers. After the last time of taking the computer in for the exact same problem as before the screen going black and shutting down we went and purchased another HP. I will be taking the ASUS back to Best Buy yet again for the same problem. I will never purchase another ASUS. I have had my HP for almost 6 years and no problems with it at all.

X555L laptop. Just about the worst purchase I have ever made. Bought from PC World with a 2 year warranty. This laptop has been returned six times in the last five months with a variety of problems. Mainly none responsive keys on the keyboard. Still having problems. That PC "know how" don't know how to fix it. Had enough of this expensive junk. Going to buy a new one, but giving ASUS and PC World a wide berth.

I purchased my Asus laptop from Costco. It started to act funny so I thought, "No problem, I bought the warranty and also added an extra warranty from my Amex through Costco. I'll send it in!" The laptop was still within the 1 year accidental damage warranty time frame. The estimate for repairs was 3-5 business days. Huge mistake. I sent the laptop to Asus over a month ago. I still have no ETA on when it will be returned. It has taken weeks of time and countless hours on hold with both Asus and Costco to find out that the laptop needs parts (which they have to order). They have no idea on when those parts will arrive.

Just to break this down further: I had the laptop for less than a year. It has been at Asus for over a month. That's about 10% of the life of the laptop sitting in their repair facility. I would not know any of this if I hadn't badgered them relentlessly. I asked if, as a concession for the time, they would be willing to overnight the laptop back to me when it is fixed. They had a manager call me to say no... because they have a contract with FedEx.

This whole thing has left me with a terrible taste in my mouth. A warranty that effectively leaves the consumer without the laptop for over a month at a time isn't much of a warranty. They're fine saving money on shipping while I sit without the laptop that I use for both work and school. I will not be purchasing a laptop from Asus at any time in the near future.

I purchased this laptop at the suggestion of a customer rep at Best Buy and was excited about the developer's connections to the Apple software team. Within months, the screen came off of the computer but continued to operate, it seemed. I am a small business owner and was time-limited, so I tossed it up as a mistake/learning lesson in regards to trusting a new product. I purchased another Dell Laptop, which I had used in the past, and realize the Dell does not work as well as the ASUS laptop, but at least my screen has not fallen off and I can work. Was very satisfied until the screen fell off, making me think the software likely was awesome but minor details were overlooked to make the product affordable.

I had bought my Asus laptop (R752LD) from Saturn 2 years ago. The laptop catastrophically failed in the second month of use, and after sending it for service, it was determined that I got a defective piece and the laptop was replaced. 4 months later, the operating system failed, but I was able to reset it and it worked after a complete loss of data. In March of this year, the OS failed once again and I was once again unable to restore data and had to restore factory setting from the bios. In May the battery stopped holding charge and was reduced to a 20 min cycle.

Last month, the battery completely failed and the computer wouldn't switch on. I was on holiday so I took it to a local service center where they informed me that unplugging the battery would solve the issue, as it a common issue with Asus laptops. (If Asus is producing laptops with such substandard quality that this is a common issue, then mention it during sale so buyers can make an informed decision). And finally today (exactly 2 years after purchase), the laptop stopped completely. With absolutely no response, not even detecting my power source if plugged in. If Asus is unable to provide reliable products anymore, please inform us of the same. As of now, my tablet and previous desktop computer were from Asus, but I have completely lost confidence in your products and would refrain from buying them again.

Asus x540s - just bought (about 20 days ago from Best Buy) has Windows 10 with McAfee protection, no DVD player app. I downloaded software including VLC dvd player. Days later clock watch timeout errors. No virus found after full scan. Uninstalled VLC but laptop operating time grew shorter and now won't start. Battery & power light come on for seconds then nothing. Some forums say take out battery and push power button. Some forums say it's a hardware driver problem and to reset the CPU rate to accommodate. The last ASUS I bought had problems with the battery. Now only works without it. Thought that was misfortune. Had I foreseen this, I would not have bought another ASUS.

I'm upset at the money loss, but more upset at a perceived injustice! Whose fault is this? Windows 10 for no dvd support? - Best Buy for selling me a laptop with a DVD player but no DVD software attached and not telling me? Historically, it's unusual for a laptop to have a DVD player and no software support. I'm going to have to tell my friend who's not computer savvy and just bought a PC that she cannot play dvds. I'm afraid to download any software on her computer.

Why was the ASUS laptop CPU clocked just so, if it was known this laptop with the new Windows 10 would have to undergo hardware driver changes to accommodate the dvd player. Is this poor communication or refusal to partner between ASUS and Microsoft. Microsoft is selling $15 dvd apps for its Windows 10. Why was this not just put into the product and cost adjusted? Were there anticipated problems? Or real problems installing this on different laptops? This confusion and increased costly technical support all around appears intentional. Looking at all the forum complaints is this worthy of a class action suit? I don't feel I should let this go!

I got my phone in may, and it was all working well until it slipped from my hands in deep water and it had scratches and not working cameras by the ending of June (my fault I know). And so I hand the phone to my local ASUS store for repair. In a few weeks they told me that I'm going to have the phone by the end of July. On 30th July I go back to the store to pick up my finally repaired phone and the person there told me that this was just for shipping the parts and then the phone has to get shipped to fix the scratches. I ask again how long would it take and they said it would surely be here by the end of August. Again, by the end of August I go to the store waiting for my phone, and they tell me that my phone is now going to get shipped to my location and that I would, once again, have to wait until 5th September. Told myself at last, I'll have my phone back. But that's the part that made me the angriest.

Today I went to the store for the countless time to pick up my phone and they tell me that now I will have to wait for the phone because it's in a queue with other people who are prioritised to get theirs quicker. I told them that I don't like the service around here because I've been stalled for months, and they told me that I was supposed to get the phone in November, but they rushed it quicker and I need to wait until next week. I told them that in July they told me before August ends, at the end of August they told me 5th September, on 5th September they told me 1 more week. And then, a lady working over there has the nerve to tell me this: "Well, you should've known before you ended up ruining your device." I highly recommend you to always avoid ASUS Customer Care. I'm so appalled by this and I'm definitely sending a complaint and requesting payback for the repair.

I purchased an ASUS laptop 7 months ago. It stop charging and went dead when the battery drained. I called ASUS and the customer service informed me that it is a three day turn around once they receive the computer. I then packaged and returned by FedEx. ASUS received the computer over two weeks ago and still no response. I called them and they said they would email the tech support facility and escalate the repair. They promised they would call within 24 to 48 hours. No callback. I called them and they said they would have a manager call me. No callback! I call them back and was put on hold for 92 minutes until I gave up. I told them to send it back broken and I would get it fixed on my own. Nothing! I need my computer for work and now they have essentially stolen my computer. What a company. My next complaint after writing this will be to the BBB in California and then to my lawyer I guess. DO NOT BUY AN ASUS PRODUCT!!!

I having asus deluxe 2 with the cost of 24000 rupees, when having the problem of humidity in mobile they said, "We are not able to solve your problem", I spent rs 1050 to rectify the problem. Why I will purchase the product of asus on next time. Phone is lagging while you are open an app - after some time, unfortunately not responding and goes to main menu.

Coming water moisturiser near battery and usb port. They said, "We are not responsible for this." Not providing ear phone with handset. If you purchase from market and having any problem they said "(Sorry sir.) We are not able to solve your problem and not providing any contact detail of third party, who are providing the product of asus." I'm suffering make a call many time but no response from them.

Bought an Asus laptop. The hinge base broke after 7 months. They taped a metal screw into a flimsy plastic base - of course it was going to break. Lots of people have had the same problem. Asus doesn't care. After 3 phone calls, they now say they might fix it. Have to send it in and wait to see. I'll have to get a new laptop in the meantime. Worst company there is. Don't put your investment here. Total waste of money.

I got brand new laptop $3000.00 dollars I paid... I send for service. It take 1 month for them to send it back to me. I open the package. The laptop that I paid $3000 dollars got send a mess, it had food on it and it was not what I send. Them - I send it back. It take another month for them to even look into, I ask to speak to a supervisor. They kept me on hold for two hours, when I finally got to speak with him they tell me different. So I never got working computer or what I got promise. Asus is the worse or the worse... as I am write this review I've hold 41.00 minutes to speak to supervisor.

Purchased a G11CD Desktop Computer $1463.00 in April 2016. Less than 3 months in, the included keyboard's letters on 1/4 of the keys have peeled off. It's a red backlit keyboard. How is this possible? I've purchased cheap Logitech keyboards in the past, that are still perfect years later. Every week I look at this Asus keyboard, and it's peeling more and more. I contacted customer support, and was told Asus does not cover accessories like keyboard and mouse - even though it's their product and was part of the system. They said I was probably sold a wrong keyboard by the seller (from Amazon). As someone who has been around computers since the first home PC, I can tell you, this is the correct keyboard. The seller is 5 star rated and excellent. Asus, however, is being unfair! Yeah, it's a cheap keyboard, but it's backlit to match the system, and at $1463.00 - you either compensate somehow, or send a new keyboard.

This is the second Asus computer I've purchased - the first one's motherboard died after a year. This is now the last computer I will purchase from this company. Asus has just joined the party of crap PC makers with zero tech support (so now HP won't be alone). Oh, and the rep who commented on my bad review on Amazon actually put a "No" where it allows you to check whether your review was helpful. I guess they don't want others to believe in the truth.

They lie... Their box and information they send to retailers indicated that their Blu Ray player is compatible to MAC. When it arrived it did not work. I spent a few hours during the course of the day to speak with 4 customer service reps who gave conflicting or no information. A couple said it was not MAC compatible. Others said it was. But given each provided enough bad information that NONE of them had any credibility. Oh and I was disconnected twice and no one got back to me, despite having my # and promising calling me back.

I won't recommend anyone to buy Asus mobile. It's waste of money. First of all battery - it's not enough. Second thing if you drop your phone or something happened on your screen scratch or something, then you have to change your DISPLAY AND TOUCH for which original it cost 3800 RS + service amount. If you put first class screen, which is 2800 RS, you won't feel like you are using a smartphone. The touch wont be sensitive, if you click top it will automatically select some other stuff. You will get frustrated and angry. Trust me it doesn't favors you. Don't buy Asus product. If falls you will get heart attack. My Asus mobile is dead and is sleeping in the table coffin. Waste money!

I purchased an Asus E4025A laptop and it arrived today. I unpacked it and connected the power adapter to let it charge for a few hours. When I turned it on it went in to a screen that said "Welcome, let's get some basics out of the way. Select language." The choices were: English, Spanish And French - I could not get a cursor from moving my finger across the touchpad or pushing the buttons on it. I was able to scroll up and down using the arrows up and down and selected 'English'. Then using the Tab key I managed to highlight the 'Next' button. I hit 'Enter' - Nothing. I left click - Nothing. I right click - Nothing. I tapped on the touch pad - Nothing. There was nothing I could do to get it to accept English and move to the next step. It just sat there dead as a doornail.

It just so happens that I'm a computer geek and I held my tongue in every possible way but this thing was just a dud. I fired up my trusty Compaq and went online to tech support. After a few minutes of being in the Asus page, a chat window appeared. A young lady, or what I thought was a young lady received me with some pleasantries; I told her my problem and described it to her. She asked me for my phone number 'in case we get disconnected.' I gave her my ph No. Then she said she could probably not able to help me because they had a high volume of chat inquiries.

I asked that I preferred if she or someone helped me online and to tell me if the problem was complex. She disappeared for a while and returned with the 'welcome. How can I help you' message? I said, "are you the same person?" She said "yes". She asked me if anyone had called? I said "no". One more time I asked, "are you qualified and available to help me?" After another long silence. She appears again with the same comment she started the conversation with. In the meantime no tech has called and it has been more than an hour. She appears again momentarily to apologize because she will not be able to help me and that a tech will call me in about 20 minutes. It has been more than an hour and it is almost 11pm now, and no call.

Given the symptoms and that it is a new computer, one would think there is some key combination or some trick to resolve the problem, but she appeared clueless and not really all that concerned to help. My last message to her was to call a supervisor. When again after a long wait and no supervisor; I told her I will be returning the computer to the place where I bought it and I will give this issue maximum dissemination to alert other potential buyers that this company and their product have a lot of problems and they have essentially no tech support.

There is a chance I may talk to someone there to get a return authorization. At this point I don't want them to repair, adjust or do anything to the computer and return it to me or even send me another one. I simply don't care for this product and don't recommend anyone buying it. From other reviews I have learned that this company will make excuses to have the customer pay for shipping and they threaten that if the computer is damaged in transit it is the responsibility of the customer. Of course this computer is already a dud. It is as useful as a medium size flat rock.

After 3 months, my son's ASUS laptop rebooted to a black screen. Since it was under warranty, I contacted ASUS and was issued a service number. I also received a lecture on that I probably did not how to charge the laptop properly, and if I did not pack the item right they will refuse to receive it + if it is broken in transit they will not honor the warranty etc etc... I was spoken to in such a tone that I decided to take pictures showing how I packed the laptop with charger and how I addressed the box. (Btw this interaction with ASUS service was >30 min.)

After 2 weeks I got the laptop back with a wrong charger! I called them back - reported that they sent a wrong charger. I was told that I will receive my charger back. This call was >30 min long. I was waiting for my charger to arrive. Finally, I called them up again. They will not send me the charger unless I send them back the wrong one first! I asked them if they could just sent the charger asap because I did not make the mistake and my son needs to use the laptop. I do not want to wait longer. Also, I do not want to pay for a box. When I receive my charger back I will put the wrong one into the same box and send it back. The answer was no.

I asked to speak to manager - I got the same answer from the manager + the lecture that if I do not pack the charger properly they will refuse to receive it + if it is broken in transit they will not honor the warranty etc etc. I told him that I only have a big box to ship the small charger back - the same box they used to send my fixed laptop back. The manager asked why I am sending the big box to them.

Well...wouldn't it make sense for ASUS to send back what belongs to me and for me to reuse ASUS' a small charger-sized box? Answer: No - this is not their procedure. I asked him what procedure ASUS followed when they made their mistake and send me a wrong charger. Answer: no answer. I asked him when I will get my charger back. Answer "I cannot tell you this". Can ASUS send back what belongs to me what I paid for? Answer: "We cannot just grant consumer's wishes." I asked the manager to let me talk to his manager. Answer: "No he will not do that." Is this company for real??? By the way I told him this is the last time I am buying ASUS. He is arguing with me over $40 charger...over the mistake ASUS made. In reality he is losing a consumer. Answer: no answer. He was NOT interested to make things better for me. He just did not care.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.
  • Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.
  • Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.
  • All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.
  • Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.
  • Best for Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Compare Computer Brands