ASUS

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

ASUS EeeBook was undependable, blue-screened and failed repeatedly while under warranty. After warranty, it stopped charging altogether. I paid c. $230 to ASUS repair (charged to my Visa card via PayPal) early Nov. to have it fixed; sent it to them twice. I called the ASUS "support" line for the third time on Nov 22/16 and asked the agent for an update on the repair to my computer. She had no information. I asked if I might get a replacement laptop or a discount on a new laptop. She said these were not available solutions but she would "escalate" my inquiry to her superiors (no feedback has ever been given by anyone at ASUS).

I told her I would be contacting my credit card company to have the repair payment of Nov. 4 reversed. She then said my laptop would be sent back to me unrepaired. I agreed to that stipulation in expectation of receiving a reversal of the repair charge fee I’d previously paid. They kept it for over 3 weeks altogether. I am now being asked to prove that the motherboard was not replaced even though that did not affect the repair (even if it was done), and that ASUS wasn't given enough time to make the repair. I have submitted a complaint to the FTC today.

Overall after 7 months of use, this brand of laptop has been flawless and maintenance free. I used it to watch content online and it is extremely reliable! I initially looked at Dell, HP (as a former owner) and Lenovo as replacements to my HP laptop. Some suggestions to give ASUS a look by coworkers persuaded me to do so. I reviewed user comments online at Amazon.com, pcmag.com and techradar.com before purchasing the ASUS. I eventually decided to purchase. Cost was minimal through Amazon and the rest as they say is history. Easy setup, easy VPN setup the absence of preinstalled software aka "bloatware" to slow my laptop down and many "useable" available apps, was the most overriding factor for purchasing this Chromebook.

I bought Asus laptop 11/2015, the screen cracked on 11/2016. I sent it back to Asus for repair since it is still under warranty on 12/05/2016. Today is 01/05/2017 and Asus still hasn't done any repair or replacement to my laptop. I Called at least 10 times and nothing they could do except wait and wait. At the last call on 1/05/2017 I got a supervisor named Kimani ** who had reached to someone and requested a replacement to be send out ASAP which I'm thankful for since all other supervisors have done nothing prior to him. I'm not sure at this point if I will ever get my computer back or any other replacement.

I'm really not happy nor will ever recommend Asus to a friend or anyone thinking of buying Asus products. Asus does not consider keeping their customers for future products. Please do no spend any dollar on Asus product or their services. The original representative promised 3 days service, I'm heading to more than 30 days. Very unprofessional, unfair, frustrating company to deal With. Not worth a penny.

I bought my laptop in 2012. Model is X53Z with Windows7. Overall, the laptop is good for using and the price is reasonable at that time. It is easy to use. Keyboard is comfortable while typing. The following are the problem I have met: The CD/DVD player doesn't work after I have bought it for over a year. The sound speaker is weak. One joint plastic is broken. The joint is b/w the screen and the keyboard. It is because the plastic used for the laptop is too crispy, can't tolerance to bump to a screw head. Cursor jump to different location sometimes while I was typing. Left & right mouse keys on the machine are a little bit narrow. My thought is I wish ASUS can use lighter and stronger material on the laptop; make customer service more easy to reach and willing to help; solving the cursor jump problem. Because when it jumps and I still keep typing and didn't aware the cursor jumped, it can be time consuming to correct it later.

If you want a computer that has a company that is there in the event there is a problem, then this is NOT the computer company for you. If you are fortunate to get a computer that has no issues, then you may be ok. If you need to send it in for repair under the warranty, then you are made the wrong purchase. Ever since I owned the laptop, my keyboard malfunctioned. I delayed sending it in because I need the laptop, but I eventually had no choice. This was the worse experience I have ever had with any company. First, they tell you they will pay for the shipping back. I thought great right, no. First I had to purchase the material needed to make sure it arrived safely. They did not send a box for it which has never been my experience with any other company. They only did ground shipping. I sent it on November 19th. It took FedEx 10 days to get it to them. It was confirmed received on November 29th.

They assured me that there is a three day turnaround once received. I thought great right, no. Even though it was received on the 29th, they did not key it into their system until December 2nd. They said the 3 days started once it was keyed in to their system. I called on the 12th, yes almost 4 weeks after I sent it. They said they were waiting on a keyboard that they had to order. I could have gotten the keyboard to them in 2 days without paying for shipping, but yet there it sits.

In addition, the company gives NO updates. They do not give you say status updates. The only way I could find out what is happening was to call them. It is not the 29th of December, and I still do not have my laptop (now 6 weeks since I sent it to them). I finally had to go a purchase another laptop because I absolutely needed a laptop for work. If you depend on your laptop or computer, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Buy from a company that you know will have your back in case the computer malfunctions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

So far, I have only used my Asus laptop at home and have not had to deal with problems other than home. I found that the pricing and availability of my laptop was reasonable. As comparison to other laptops available at the time, this was the best in the price range in which we were looking. I like the fact that this can bent to form a tablet as well as a touchscreen. The battery life is fairly close to what is written in the manuals, so no surprise there. I would purchase another one because I have found it to be a sturdy and easy to use laptop.

I'm in the midst of a nightmare with ASUS support. I purchased an ASUS notebook July 30, 2015. In October of this year (3 months after warranty expired) I began having problems with my computer not charging. I spoke to ASUS support and was given a couple of solutions to solve the problem. It worked for 2 weeks and then the computer stopped charging completely. Upon contacting support again I was told that it was most likely the main board shorting out and it would need a new one (Approx $300 - half the cost of the computer). Knowing that the computer was only 3 months out of warranty I called ASUS customer support and asked for an exception. I was told that I had to send it in before a decision could be made as to whether it could be covered under warranty.

Was promised a total turnaround time (review and repair) of 3-5 business days. I sent the computer in ($40 my expense) and had to wait several days after it was received for it to be "entered into the system". After 3 days, I was informed that the previous information was incorrect, that I didn't have to send the computer in for a warranty determination to be made PLUS that it would not be covered. I was provided a quote of $300 to repair the computer. I disputed the charge and was provided a whopping $25.00 discount on the charges.

Once paying for the new main board, I was told that the part was in stock and that I'd have my computer repaired and delivered to me within 5-7 working days. Throughout the next week I kept trying to find out the status of the computer (via Twitter, chat, phone or email) and was told that the part is in stock and it is being repaired. 8 days after payment of estimate (15 days total) I was informed that the part has been on backorder up until now, just now received and that it would be after the first of the year (5 days to repair and 5 days to ship) before I would get my computer back.

Knowing that I never wanted to send the computer in initially (because I didn't want to put good money in an inferior product), I asked the case manager I was speaking with if I could speak to a manager to request additional consideration and he said "no, I'm the person on this case and I'm telling you there is nothing else that can be done". So much for customer service. I've had a fairly good response from the Twitter team but when I mentioned that to the case manager on the phone, he told me to stop attempting to contact anyone else because he is the only person that has the answers.

We bought 3 computers from Asus in the last few years. All 3 had problems within the first year. The 2 laptops we bought for our kids to use in college both need repairs. I called 'customer service' in Oct., 2016, and received an RMA for one of the laptops and was told it was under warranty. I spoke with an Asus representative that said I could send it in in Dec, 2016. She (Denyse) told me that it was all set up to be sent in under warranty and to call in Dec to get a shipping label. I have a confirmation email with the RMA number from Asus. When I called Dec. 6th, the Asus representative (Everton) told me it isn't under warranty any longer but I had a grace period of 60 days from the RMA to get it sent in. The next Asus rep that I spoke to said it is not even in the grace period.

The 2nd laptop stopped working in early Nov., 2016. My daughter called Asus and the Asus representative told my daughter that the laptop was under warranty. He told her to try some troubleshooting before sending it in. So she, in good faith, worked with computer tech people at her university to trouble shoot. They determined it was the hardware. When I called on Dec. 6th, 2016, after doing what Asus advised (and wasting my daughter's time), the Asus rep told me that it wasn't under warranty. (He said it ended Nov. 30th--neither of the reps we spoke to about the laptops that told us they were under warranty told us this even though they advised us to call back in Dec/later).

BOTH laptops broke down within the first year (one of them twice--had already been sent in for repair and the same problem occurred within months of return), we called the customer service number and were told that both computers were under warranty. We did what the Asus representatives told us to do and then were told that they weren't under warranty after following Asus reps directions. Asus has record of our calls when we were told they were under warranty but will still not honor the warranty.

I have spent literally 9 hours over several calls trying to get this resolved--not including writing this review. I spent most of that time on hold. I spoke with a manager, Mario, also Alan, Tim, and level 3 manager, Tisha, in the Customer Care unit. Was hung up on by Alan when he was transferring me after 4 hours into the call on Dec. 6th. I spoke with Julie in the Out of Warranty department who said she would look into this and get back to me--she did NOT. Every Asus representative that said they would get back to me did NOT. Then I would spend more time trying to get a hold of them again.

When speaking with Tim in the Customer Care unit today he said that Denyse from Asus made a mistake when she told me I could send the laptop in in Dec. Any fair minded person, or customer service rep would/should honor what the Asus rep told the customer, even if they 'made a mistake'. When I discussed that with Tim he said, "if Asus covered every mistake that an Asus rep made then we would be out of business". What!!! Clearly Asus doesn't care about honoring their agreements, respecting their customers, keeping their customers, and backing their representatives.

I asked how a customer is to know which Asus representative knows what they're doing. If each Asus representative says something different, how is the customer supposed to know what to believe or what to do? Tim from Asus said that Denyse from Asus is only a level one rep, so she made a mistake. Again, what??? How is a customer supposed to know who is level one and if they are doing their job properly? Asus computers do not last long and their customer service reps are terrible. Asus does not care about their customers. I will NEVER buy another Asus computer again. I would advise the same to everyone else.

I have never been able to get it to function. The company that installed it did not respond to requests for assistance so the computer has not been used since I purchased it. I paid $1000+ for a new computer and software that I HAVE NEVER USED BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

Bought a Strix 1080 after 4 month it began to show artifacts on my monitor. Tried as much solutions as I could. Even sought help from the ROG forums but to no avail. I visited the service center in Saudi where I am now and they told me they do not support graphic cards here. They do not support their product cause I am in a different region, makes perfect sense. So I was told my warranty is only local to the US so I send an email to the US office 5 days pass till now, not even a single reply for a 700$ product. A just a "In progress" in its status. So I had to switch back to my older card which works fine. I would like to thank Asus for their "excellent" customer service and teaching me that I should just buy from a company that actually cares in supporting their own products and try to deviate anyone I know from purchasing anything from them.

About two years ago, I purchased an Asus 13 in laptop. Needed this for travel/work. Not used frequently. I picked this because of the light weight. Last use was in July. Took it out the other day to prepare for a trip. Plugged it in... NOTHING. Figured maybe the battery needed to charge. Finally the light was green. NOTHING. So I called ASUS and we went through the steps. NOTHING. What would it cost to fix? About $600: WHAT? I spent $1100 for the damn thing.

Now I am very careful with my possessions... keeping things in safe storage... not dropping etc. The very fact that this broke beyond repair with less than 2 years use makes me furious. I have desktops that get heavy daily use for 5 years. Never have dropped or broken a phone. To charge half of the purchase price to fix a defective unit is highway robbery. NEVER EVER will I purchase ASUS again. And believe me, I will spread the word far and wide of the crappy quality this company sells. Had the in-house tech guy look at the computer; just in case. The damn thing is sealed... so he can't even attempt to fix it. Word to the wise... DON'T BUY ASUS.

I own an advanced Asus motherboard and have an open support case with the Asus USA Component Support Center (which is actually in India) about the compatibility of an SSD that I wish to buy. Instead of answering my questions, the Indian Asus agents have sent me a badly-outdated compatibility list. I have twice called the Asus USA Components Support Center. The first time, yesterday, an Asus agent named Hurraine simply vanished from the line when he could not answer my questions.

The second time, today, an agent named Kemar (or Kumar) said all he could do was tell me to look up their compatibility list again. When I asked Kemar to let me speak to his supervisor, he said he would put me through to him, but this was a lie. Instead, he kept me waiting on the line for half an hour with recorded Asus voice promotions. At one point during this half-hour wait Kemar picked up the phone but when he heard me say "Hello?" he put me on hold again. This terrible "service" badly damages Asus's reputation and business. My e-mails to Asus's top managers in Taiwan have gone unheeded. I am so angry with them I am about to file complaints against Asus USA with the federal and state authorities and with the BBB.

Asus customer service and support, after product purchase is horrible, awful and disgustingly cheatful. I had to send my unit back for repair and replacement 4 times and every time the laptop was returned to me with a different problem caused by their repair centre. It took them all together 5 months to try to repair the unit... without any success, "every time saying it will take between 7-14 days" and it would take a lot more. Eventually they decided that they will give me a replacement unit that broke down again in 4 months after replacement and now they want me to pay for the repair and on top of that that was not just any ASUS laptop, but one of ROG Republic of gamers laptops that cost 1300 pounds. Disgusting... DON'T BUY WITH ASUS ever!

I've had my F555U laptop for 9 months and it has been sent to the repair center 3 times for different issues each time. At the first repair (6 weeks from date of purchase) Asus replaced the hard drive. At the second repair they replaced the screen and then my laptop was fine for about 5 months. After 5 months, the WiFi began to mysteriously drop out and stop connecting when I had full or near-full bars. I discounted this as a router problem but it persisted. Then after 3 weeks of this, another problem arose: it started freezing randomly and not responding when all I had open was a word document. I managed to open task manager and the problem was that my disk usage was at 100%. My laptop became unusable at this point, it was freezing more and more, I tried a factory reset but it just froze on 8% and it was well and truly inoperable.

It went to the service center for the third time and I have just received it back. They replaced the WiFi card, the hard drive (again) and the screen backing. When this notebook is working it is excellent, easy to use and comfortable but after multiple repairs I have lost confidence in its reliability. Asus has refused my extended warranty request and is taking weeks to get back to me on my replacement/credit request, shuffling me between the retailer, service center and the manufacturer. Any replacement will have the warranty carried over from the original purchase (2 months left). I am incredibly disappointed with the service I have received, buyer beware. I am posting this review everywhere I can to see if I can get a response.

Easy to use. I like the feature of making it a tablet. I like simplicity, easy to navigate. I use my laptop, tablet everyday and with the upgrades it makes it nice that my computer is running good. I used to have a Dell and a HP. They cost more but were not as good.

In the past, I've always purchased Dell and I was happy with it for the first time I've purchased an Asus machine because of the cost factor. Asus machine was slightly cheaper so I tried to save money and take a chance on Asus machine. It was a major mistake. After few month power button goes defective. Their Tech Support always assumes that it's consumer's' fault and wanted me to ship it to their repair center at my cost. When I sent in my computer it was in a perfect condition, but few week after, I receive a bill from Asus said that the case was cracked and they would not repair until bill is paid. As expected, they blame consumer and take no responsibility for what they've done. Needless to say this will be the last Asus machine I will ever buy. WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY ASUS JUNK EVER!!!

My Asus got hacked & I brought it back to Fry's who sent it back to Asus. It took 6 weeks to get it back but during that time I was provided with 3 different loaners. Problem was someone had incorrectly & without my knowledge connected internet data lines in the crawlspace which made my computer open to all.

My bank account was compromised by someone who ordered product via the ASUS website. It was difficult to get the issue resolved because there was only one phone number to call which was to their order call center. They do not have a process in place to handle situations where there was fraudulent order. They would not provide any information about the purchase or shipping address that was used in the transaction. Which seemed odd, because it was my card number that was used. Each time I called about the transaction, I received different information. I asked many times to discuss someone other than the call center.

Updated on 11/24/2016: Update on fraudulent order that was placed with my checking card on the www.asus.com website. The card that was used was a debit card directly taking funds out of my checking account. I have been calling their customer service phone number EVERY day to get my money back. EVERY time I call I get the same person and different information about what needs to be done to get this issue resolved. They are in no hurry to get the issue resolved. They have treated me as if I was the person who used the card and that I am the thief.

When I initially called they couldn't locate the order under my name or address. Which means that their website does not verify billing address with the billing address of the card address and does not require the 3 digit code on back of card. Supposedly the order had already left the warehouse which was less than 24 hours after the fraudulent order was placed. They said that they may be able to call back the order that was shipped. This is the point that was the turning point. Now when I call they wouldn't provide any information about the fraudulent order, shipping address, billing address, what product was ordered. They claimed it was a privacy law. I was like really? Someone fraudulently places an order and they wouldn't provide the information. I asked to talk to a manager. No luck!

Next day, same guy and another story, this time they were accusing me of letting someone use my card such as a child or spouse or other. It is going on three weeks. Oh yeah now they are asking if I clicked on a link in an email that may have placed the order. They are not doing anything to resolve the issue. I asked where the customer service and he was located. He said he was in the Caribbean. I asked where and he would tell me. So based on my experience their call center is comprised of one person. In addition, wherever they are located in the Caribbean there are no laws protecting the consumer. They have no system or process in place to deal with orders that are fraudulent. They figure they have money and that is all that matters.

Will make sure no one around will purchase any of Asus products, you should do it, too. If 5 of us make sure 30 people around us will never use Asus, then the 30 can generate 900, and 900 will generate 27000, sooner, Asus will get what they deserve within a couple of years. The best part is that this review will always be here, forever.

This time is literally the worst experience ever. This time even worse than the last time Nexus 7 problem. Purchased this motherboard Maxim Formula VI. Probably the biggest mistake in the entire life. Got problems with memory slot, checked, under warranty. Then, called the customer service. The first customer services guy confirm all the information including calling back phone number and then hung up the phone. Waiting for half an hour, called again.

On the phone with a new customer service for two hours, checking CPU model, memory sticks model, hard drive, even power supply, then, after everything, finally he permitted a RMA return. He emphasized the necessity to ship "all parts" back to them, so that their "warehouse" can check it. He also emphasized "if it does not have the problem described or extra problems that have not covered" the motherboard will be shipping back directly without fixing the problems. Asked three times, "is this a threat?" The answer is "it does not matter."

Going through RMA, he emphasized that need to purchased shipping box instead of bubbled envelope. He also pointed out needs to buy insurance "in case something happened during the shipping." Asked how long did it take, got an answer, "after receiving the product, we will send an email to you within 5-7 business days to let you know when we are going to fix it." Before hung up, he emphasized: list all the problems in the RMA paper, follow all the instructions from the RMA email, and well packaged "everything" then ship it back to their address.

More than two hours, finally allowed to shipped it back. Around two weeks from the day shipped till the day, finally received an email from Asus and said please pay the balance of the invoice. Clicked the invoice link, said the CPU slot was damaged, it was not covered by the warranty. $120.00 and $15.00 shipping. Which is equal to half of the price of a new motherboard. Contacted them immediately, on the phone for another half an hour, the customer service still won't acknowledge that a couple of CPU pins bent a little bit does not need to change the entire CPU slot, just need to bent it back. Ask about the memory slot, no idea, "it should not have problems", then "sir, sir I cannot hear you..." Second call was better. Got an agreement, at least customer service agreed to cancel the RMA and would ship it back very soon.

Seven days after that phone call, received the shipment. Open the box, only one motherboard with nearly fifty CPU pins bent. Have nothing to say, if have time, probably just DIY to fix it. Spent a day fix the pins, then found out there was no WIFI module. Next day, contact Asus, the guy confirmed another with warehouse, admitted that it was a mistake and said should be shipped back quickly. Got an email in four hours, said that need to pay for the shipping back. Wait, what? Customers paying for warehouse's fault?

Contacted the customer service, the guy picked up the phone, said "you just have to pay for it, because it is your extra accessories, you shouldn't ship it back at the first place." Explained, then he said the customer should reply directly to that email, other than that there was nothing he could do. Funny, the email's title is "Do not reply to this message." Asked other ways, he said "there was nothing he could do on his end." Asked, if there were anyone or any department that could solve this, response was "Sorry, but no". Asked "could you transfer me to your supervisor or complaint department," said "OK, will transfer you to supervisor." Waited, 40 minutes, nothing. Called again, spent 20 minutes explaining the same problem, transfer to a "supervisor", another 20 minutes, "supervisor" picked up the phone, "how can I help you" 20 minutes explained, says "OK, let's see what I can do".

Already 2:30 p.m., no point to wait until the final solution. Assuming the waiting is the final solution. It is funny that their slogan on the phone says "Asus believe technology is for people." It slaps so hard and so loud. So quick recap, purchasing from Asus is not a permanent purchase, instead, it is a rental with full price payment. So, you got what you got when you got it and that's it. Thus, the moment of the sale is the final moment. To be fair, their products are very shining on the outside, especially according to the specs. However, the point is you can use it for a couple of beautiful days. This moment ends, so does the product.

Suggestions: be aware that "any physical damage will void your warranty" term. This means any pin bent or scratch on the surface could be a "physical damage" in a legal perspectives. Last time, it happened to Nexus 7, too. A little bit scratch and crack on edge of the glass voided the warranty and then they would not fix the battery problem. Similarly, this time all customer service personnel are trying to find out consumer's responsibility instead of helping to solve the problems, that is the only reason could explain why the first customer service was asking for what kind of hard drive or power supply are using. Grow up, Asus. Listen to some PR professionals, and they will tell you one penny on the customer service equals to twenty dollars on promotions.

Purchased a Asus MeMo Pad 7" tablet from Asus on Feb 11, 2015. As of this week it will not connect to the internet. Called Asus and the cost of repair is more than the tablet is worth. Just expected to get more than a year and a half use out of this tablet. Customer support was no help. I did a factory reset myself, still did not resolve the issue. Guess this will be my last Asus product.

I bought an Asus laptop last Christmas eve. In less than one year, (1) the battery died on me, (2) the screen has a permanent yellow line vertically down the screen, (3) the WiFi and ethernet adaptors are failing. During these time. I personally took the laptop to Canadian service center in Markham. It took 5 business days for the (1) and (2) to be diagnosed. For (2), I called the toll free number for 8 times throughout the day and no one answered the phone. When I finally got the line the next morning, I was told that I could expect the laptop to be ready for pick up that day pending final testing. I didn't hear any news on that the day.

On the following day day when I called again, I was told on site that it was ready yesterday at noon. I asked for the telephone number for the service center and I was told the best way to call is the toll free number for that branch 1-888-678-3688. The staff said that this was the number to call which is different from the toll free number that I have been using. I was assured that the call center will transfer the line to the branch upon request.

I dropped off my laptop yesterday morning and informed the staff of my frustration of working with a defective laptop and the turnaround time for the service as I relied my laptop for work purposes. The staff told me that he would expedite by putting in a rush request. When I called the toll free number today that I was given my the branch in my previous (2) visit, I was refused to be transferred to the branch and the operator informed that she cannot transfer and there is no branch phone number to be contacted. She didn't find any report on my yesterday's visit.

I had wasted so much time with a defective battery, failed WiFi adaptor card that kept cutting off my Internet connection 6 or 7 times a day while I was using it during a day. The connection interruption is like every 40 minutes interval on the average. The only way I could get back to Internet is to restart my laptop each time. My cell phone WiFi connection were ok during all those times.

I purchased a brand new ASUS 2 in 1 laptop/tablet from Best Buy, apparently it was supposed to be the very best. I took it home and the keyboard felt very sticky and the touch pad was very unpleasant. I also noticed I was getting numerous popups when I changed from laptop to tablet mode. Dealing with ASUS support was a nightmare. The wait was very long, the staff were rude and did not know what the heck they were doing. I eventually just gave up and took the machine back to Best Buy and got a full refund. For a small amount of additional money extra I got a really nice Lenovo Yoga. It is very well put together, it has a rimless screen and the keyboard is really nice, an all around high quality product that has great tech support. Do not waste your time or your money on the ASUS, they are complete garbage.

After many years in IT support and several PC builds using ASUS components, I sprung for an ASUS laptop. I have had no problems with this unit in 3 years and purchased a second last year for my mom. Durable, easy to update, exceptional performance. I appreciate having a computer from a company that doesn't rely on grey market components like Dell or Lenovo. The ASUS laptop design is sleek and the laptop lightweight. I would HIGHLY recommend an ASUS laptop for workplace or home computing.

I fully complied with all the detailed and overly difficult requirements for an offered ASUS rebate. ASUS apparently used the shipping date instead of my purchase date, and refused to honor their rebate offer for this reason. When I sent them a copy of my online order confirmation showing a purchase date two days prior to the offer cut off date, and requested that they correct his error, they simply refused to respond in any way. When I investigated further it became apparent that ASUS has already earned a reputation for unreasonably refusing to honor their rebate offers. Personally I consider this to be a form of financial fraud, and would like to see an investigation and/or a class action against them.

I purchased an Asus laptop in December 2015. The product didn't work. Was returned in January 2016. I made the mistake of purchasing another, newer model. This product hasn't worked since purchased. It has been easier to not use it which negates the purchase. I'm being told by the company they do not do returns but instead want me to pay to ship the product to be "fixed" and then returned to me. Right now my opinion is to never purchase this brand again. Model Q503U.

I got an ASUS laptop for college because it was a higher end computer and I thought that it would be a great two in one. I thought it would be good for gaming and school work. Turns out, I could not have been more wrong. It is completely incompetent at running games of any kind. It constantly lags out no matter how much RAM I dedicate to it. However, the biggest problem that I have with this computer is not the gaming, I can live without that. The biggest problem is that it constantly freezes. It is absolutely ridiculous that I should spend $1000+ on a laptop only to have it already begin lagging and freezing after no more than 2 months. It is ridiculous, so I would strongly advise against getting an ASUS. It really is not worth the price. There are far better options available for far less.

I have purchased multiple items pertaining to ASUS computer components. The last purchase was for a sound card which came with a $10 rebate. I filled all information as requested down to every detail & included all original items required, online & also mailed it in as per their request. Keep in mind that I, personally am an extremely detailed oriented individual, all T's were crossed, All I's dotted, no mistake. I then get an e-mail stating that the rebate has been denied. Reasons were not even valid and not even remotely correct. They have everything that they requested. I cannot believe how deceitful they are. If they need that $10 dollars that badly, I told them to keep it. They certainly lost my business, and I will make it a goal to tell all about this big fiasco.

Went to Asus (A Stupid Useless System) live chat and keep on want to know my serial no. of device, only then can help me to troubleshoot, been using Msi, gigabyte, asrock and all of them never give me problem at all. Asus motherboard been giving me problem again and again. Even whole world PC company close down, I will never ever get Asus product ever again.

Maybe long ago, but now it's cheap product and bad customer service. Incredible Experiences and Warranty programs that will give you a peace of Mind. I bought a new ASUS computer for $1400 to replace my old computer. After only 1 years the laptop has been nothing but a pain. Had issues with updates and then nothing worked. When I called in for a RMA first thing they say is "It will be $700 to fix." Not even a hesitation which tells me this happens a lot. I asked how is it that a laptop that is supposed to be so good would not last more than 2 years and an Acer from Walmart is better. Then I was told that he has never heard of this happening, funny since I do a lot of gaming and 6 of my friends have had this same issue and 17 more in my gaming community. As of now I'm joining in the Avoid purchasing ROG or Any other ASUS systems until they step up to the plate and fix our issues.

I was always filled with empty apologies. I was told it is unfair... But, they can't do anything about it. I was told I have every reason to be upset. They will fix it for $690.00 after I sent it in and they actually said we looked at it. Will replace the defective motherboard part and give you a 90 day warranty. I asked if it is refurbished and they say we can't tell you. (Which means yes and it will break after 90 days and I guarantee they will break something else as the replace it.) Asked to speak to another department then was put on hold and transferred to someone about cost. Stood on hold for 45 min the came back on and was told "Here's the number. Just call them later."

Now I'm told if I don't make a decision today they will just ship it back and I can deal with it. I have purchased many items from ASUS but it looks like I need to get rid of them all. Seems like the only thing they are interested in now is profit and not Quality of the product or Customer service. I would like to resolve this and see if ASUS will set up to make things right.

My daughter purchased an ASUS Tablet T100TAF with keyboard for college in November 2015. It will not charge or turn on. We have sent it in 3 times for repairs. Every time it comes back with the same problem. I just spent over an hour on hold before the system hung up on me. ASUS refuses to give her a new product. ASUS has basically stolen from a 16 year old.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.
  • Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.
  • Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.
  • All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.
  • Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.
  • Best for Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Compare Computer Brands