ASUS

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased Asus laptop in Dec/2015. In Aug of 2016 screen went blank so brought it back to Best Buy. They said it was under 1 yr manufacturer warranty and would send it to them for repair. It was shipped back to us, turns out the hard drive had to be replaced. The one year warranty ended in Dec/2016 and 1 month later the screen went blank again. Obviously same issue. Contacted Best Buy, they said contact Asus. Contacted Asus. They said they had no record of repair and said warranty was up and I would have to pay for what was not fixed right the first time.

Seems Asus authorizes the Geek Squad to do warranty work on their behalf but they do not recognize or honor any repairs they do when it comes back with the same issue. Extremely unprofessional. They obviously have issues with their hard drives and are trying to cash in on the consumer to fix them. This company should be investigated as far as I am concerned because judging from all the reviews I have now read and what I am going through it kind of seems criminal to be promoting a product with the reputation they state when really it is not.

I bought a ASUS desktop comp. from Amazon, and this is the worst computer I have ever owned. I had built my computers before and used ASUS housings which had worked well, but then 2yrs. ago I decided that a company can build and warrant what they build, and buy a complete computer. What a piece of crap this computer is. This computer locks up constantly. Support also was crap, I will never buy another ASUS product again. Now have to repair this computer due to the bad job they did when they uploaded the software, and their testing did not find these issues. I am mad because of the issues are outrageous. Guys - get a clue!

I purchased an ASUS Z170MX motherboard for a new computer build. This MB has a quality control issues. I have had to RMA twice, first to repair completely dead MB, then repaired MB had PCIe slot that didn't work. ASUS then replaced this MB and the replacement still has PCIe slot that doesn't work. I think they sent me back the same faulty MB. This set me back by six weeks on my build. I have now given up, trashed the MB and replaced with similar spec Gigabyte which is working well. I have used ASUS MBs for a long time and am very surprised to see this. Don't buy until they work out the bugs. Their customer service was very poor. They even quashed a poor review I left on a vendor website. Shame on you, ASUS.

I purchased my ASUS desktop in December 2015. With the new computer came a warranty of 1 year. I started developing problems in September 2016. The computer crashed on a regular basis. The blue screen of death. Fortunately, the computer did reboot each time, except once, when I had to do a complete recovery. I have called ASUS several times, and each time they had me run through several tests. Each suggested "fix" proved to be worthless. After several months of trying to get my computer running properly, I finally decided to send it in.

At that point, I was told by Christopher ** that it could only be done with a charge to me, since I waited too long. It was past the one year warranty period. WHAT! I reported it in September, well within the one year period. ASUS just kept delaying, with assorted smokescreen fixes. Christopher, who refused to give me his last name or his ID #, said he would ask for an exception and get back to me within 48 hours. That was a total lie. When I asked him for his location, he said, "Somewhere in the Caribbean." I will never consider buying another ASUS product, as my problem continues one and one half years later.

After complying with all data required which involved removing Motherboard and finally finding the Serial Number for the blessed RMA, I finally received an RMA after a overly lengthy e-mail back and forth. Sent the Motherboard to required address via UPS at the cost of $71.00. Then the support staff wanted warranty information and other data. OK, I lost the warranty information, but ASUS could have informed me about the expired warranty upon receiving the Serial Number via the earlier e-mails. Springing the warranty needs upon me at the last minute was totally unwarranted (ha ha) and actually revealed the incompetence of their organization. Now that I look at ASUS' review rating, I understand the situation completely. Do not purchase an ASUS product, especially if you need a reliable product or the use of their support department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASUS?

New Notebook (3 months) wasn't charging so I was given an RMA not to send back to ASUS in SF (I had to pay for the shipping -$45). 1 week later they sent it back to me via FedEx and didn't ask for signature on receiving!!! The Notebook with ALL my data went missing and all my data gone!! They shipped a new notebook to me HOWEVER it never had the 16 gb Ram that I had when I bought it new from their authorized dealer on Amazon with the 16 Gb INCLUDED in the price. Now they blame their dealer and won't take responsibility for the problem they caused for LOSING my notebook - who ships HIGH value equipment without asking for signature on delivery??

So around a year ago, not even a full year at the time I'm writing this, I have the receipt with purchase date I bought an Asus Q524U 2 in 1 Notebook. I needed to buy a new laptop because my old one suddenly stopped turning on and I needed it for school. So I went to Best Buy and was looking at laptops, and while it was for school I was looking for a gaming laptop since I also play games quite a lot and if it was good enough for gaming it would be good enough for school work. Anyways, I ended up buying an Asus Q524U for a total of $1131.58 including the warranty, which given that I have younger siblings both my parents and I thought was wise. So I took it home and it worked great, it did have a bit of a tendency to overheat when playing more intensive games but I already had a cooling pad from one of my other laptops so that wasn't a problem.

However about two weeks ago the "w" key, which had been coming loose from time to time actually ended up breaking while I was playing a game. And by break I don't mean it stopped working, I mean that the little plastic clips on the back of the key that attach it to the hinges actually broke, making it impossible for me to reattach it. While I could still use the "w" key it was a bit uncomfortable to use. So, I first tried looking online on websites that sold replacement laptop keys, and it was pretty much impossible for me to find my exact model on any of them. So, once I thought I had looked at all the sites that would carry it I decided to take it to Best Buy.

I took it in to Geek Squad and they said they couldn't do anything there, which I didn't really expect them to do, I just thought maybe they could tell me where to look for a replacement key, but no. They said I would have to send it away for at least two weeks and that there was a chance of the memory being wiped if I didn't back it up. I really didn't want to do that so I took it home and after searching the Asus website for a customer support number called them. The guy I talked with was pretty nice and wasn't rude, even though I was pretty mad when I was calling. Essentially what he told me was the same as Best Buy, he said that "Unfortunately they don't send replacement parts and I would have to send it in to them in order to have it fixed." While talking with him I kept my cool because I knew this guy couldn't do anything other than what he was telling me, but when I hung up the phone I felt like I was going to explode. I was so angry.

Luckily one of the websites I had looked at earlier ended up emailing me saying that the part was available and I now have the key and it works just fine. The thing is though that I paid over $1000 for that laptop and they are saying that they don't send replacement parts and I have to send it in. It isn't something where I need a computer engineer to fix it, it is one single key on a whole keyboard that is broken and instead of sending me a part I have to send you my laptop for two weeks. It is beyond me why they don't send replacement parts when their computers can cost so much.

To be honest once I need a new laptop I'm not exactly sure what I will end up getting, depending on how long this one lasts I may end up staying with Asus, even though the process for replacing broken parts sucks, so far the laptop is doing about as well as I expected as far as everything else. It was just this one incident that made me furious at them and thankful that there are websites out there with replacement parts that actually care about helping people enough to respond quickly, which the website thankfully did.

Within 6 months of buy motherboard the BIOS locks up. Can't control fans and so I called their support. They said we try update BIOS and no luck so send it in to RMA to the IL repair shop. Done that prepaid shipping, waited and waited. Got board back in a junk box, bubble wrap, duck tape mess. Looked at board caps, looked bad and smelled bad like a smoker had board and got sick on it to boot, and washed off heavy chunks. Board was dirty as well like been in a tractor plowing field without cab downwind full of dust, strange I removed all tape and plastic off my board. 6 months ago this one had melted plastic on it, put it in. Got it to run but then I put headset on I hear static noise and popping and shotgun bang noises going off in headset. Try other headset same thing.

USB cuts in and out and wants to reboot as well, I am now using an old PC. Written a review because this now is second time for RMA for the same motherboard within 8 months of buying said problem board, needed a PC for work and not having a dependable PC for work puts me back in the dark ages been living with .06 lbs download speed from CenturyLink for 10 yrs and now get net and have no PC that will run high speeds, kind shows that the PC industry is in crapper selling junk. I be ran out of business fast so why can they rip everyone off and not replace a board with a new one if there is bad and not give someone a PC that someone else got sick on and blown caps just caused me more of a headache, and heck I a disable vet to boot and I put stuff on drive that I need in few days for a phone interview dealing with nightmare of problems from theft.

Funds stolen, assets stolen, money from bank accounts personnel and corp records stolen and death threats, home destroyed, turned away from KS law enforcement due to they was dirty as well aiding a stalker and thieves, control board for paving machine prototype and bank commissioner and FDIC refused to put funds back into said accounts, attorney general in KS refuse to do the right thing as well having eBay and PayPal receipts in hand showing proof, so thanks to ASUS. Allowing their PC of junk to be broken and RMA that crap will cost me millions of loss data that on drive I can’t get into and not able to file taxes as well since here it’s the 2nd of April and taxes are due on the 10th of April.

I spent good money on processor and motherboard and RAM and power supply and heck I just got a pile of junk at the end, a board someone got sick on, caps blown and a board worthless, heck I can get a free board at the dump that might smell better than the one they shipped out to me. I ask for a replacement board not a used board now and sent in a letter with facts board needs to be replaced with new not one like this. My old board BIOS locked up when I return from hospital for leg injury with cast on foot and I don’t drink or eat over my PC board and it’s in a case with air filters on it and a non-smoker and no cats.

So a board that comes back like trash what respect is that to clients? Not to my way of thinking and that put me in a bad light so why did ASUS do this to me? A victim of crimes and now this to boot when will this end. My photo and other documents are on drives that I cannot get into. Thanks to the USB board. Might took out my other drive when it made a bang noise like shotgun going off so I try to plug it into this machine and drive will not spin up so data and photo are gone yrs worth of info. Destroyed by ASUS sending bad caps on board and board covered in vomit.

I have had an Asus G750JX ROG laptop for approximately 5 years that has functioned very well. That was until about a month or so ago when I called "customer support" about a small problem with an otherwise healthy and fully functioning high-end computer. This was a touchpad that for some reason would not disable via most recommended methods (such as f(x) / f9). I read forums, etc and could not find a way to do this. I called asus customer support (in the Caribbean according to support) in AM and was on phone for about 3-4 hours talking to a guy who seemed to be taking me thru written down procedures involving uninstalling and reinstalling touchpad drivers and files. Nothing worked but he did bring me to dreaded blue screen that thankfully the OS was able to recover from. I should have said enough right there.

But I figured 2nd tier support would be better. I talked with a gal named Denise. This time I was on phone for about 4 or so hours. Remember, this was a well working computer, now reduced to the blue screen of death that was now unrecoverable despite whatever "customer support" had me attempt for recovery. The recovery partition was unavailable now. They suggested nothing else so I inquired about sending the laptop to them for clean install at no cost because it was their incompetence for getting me to this place.

I had to pay BestBuy to make sure that all files were saved on a flash drive. I received RMA from Asus to send laptop to Northern California for clean recovery. BestBuy told me that all hardware and components were in good condition. Now I realize that the repair place (RMA receiving in Milpitas, CA) Asus is had me send the laptop to looks like 3rd party. Thought everything would be OK and they would a functioning unit back to me, good as new. Instead, I got this absurd bill for about $780 that was around 60% of the brand new unit. I could not believe it. Since there was no access to the repair place, I called "customer support" and asked for an explanation. I was told that the clean install could not proceed because the graphic card was defective/not working.

First of all, this is complete nonsense, because BestBuy found no problem with computer hardware components. And second of all follows. I would not pay this ridiculous amount (GTX 770M card costs only about $150). I told them to send it back; I would pursue alternatives. When I got it back, I called "customer support" one more time (after many others) to speak with supervisor/manager to ask about recovery media. They said they (Asus) do not send out recovery media which I had heard days earlier. Amazingly, I was told I could order recovery media from Bizmart. I did this. WHY did they not suggest this days before while discussing alternatives?

I got the flash media, followed very simple instructions, and the computer came to life none the worse for wear. OH, and the GPU works extremely well as before this fiasco. This simple fact leads me to believe that the repair place tried to gouge me for great deal of cash by giving me false reason about my GPU. Besides, the separate NVIDIA card is not required for a successful clean install anyway. I am appalled by the complete incompetence of so called Asus "customer service."

Who I am: 2nd year electrical/computer engineer college student. From my freshman year of high school to my freshman year of college I used my sleek 2011 MacbookPro that my Dad bought for me as a coming to high school gift. I take extremely good care of everything my parents give me, and for 4 years, I never had any problems with the laptop. It worked so well, and I never dropped it. In 2016, after my freshman year of college, I sold the laptop on eBay and received a great offer. ONE, because the laptop was in store bought condition. TWO, Macbooks have a history of working well. I was told that as a computer engineer, I should get a PC. I would be taking coding classes and Code Blocks didn't offer a compiler for Macbooks.

So, I sold my laptop and bought an ASUS X541U this past summer. I was beyond excited to get a new laptop, a laptop that would mark a real point in my engineering path, where I switched to the PC world and ASUS X541U would be my first laptop. I took amazing care of the laptop, never dropped it, never spilled anything on it, I still have the plastic coatings on the charger itself (so you know how careful of a person I am). 6 months in, my laptop shuts off on me randomly when I'm coding for a C++ project I have due. Confused I press the power button, but the ASUS laptop REFUSED to turn back on. I ran back to my dorm, grabbed my charger, plugged it in, and the laptop slowly restarted. To my disappointment, all of my code was gone, vanished. I soon realized that every time my laptop was not plugged into a power source, the battery life would last 10 minutes max and then proceed to shut off.

I called ASUS customer service 4 times trying to fix the problem, when we finally agreed I should ship it to Cali to get fixed. Luckily, I was on spring break by this point so I was able to send it out and not fall too far behind in my studies. I had to pay $20 out of my own pocket to ship it out, but ASUS said the company would ship it out for free, which I only got because I have a 1 year warranty with the laptop. After taking a week or so to fix my laptop, which I'm almost positive was a battery defect since the laptop worked fine when it was plugged in, they shipped my laptop back home. School had started, and it was already Wednesday, I was without a laptop, but I was just excited to get a laptop back.

I get a call from my parents that day telling me that ASUS shipped the wrong adapter, and it would take a few days to get correct charger back. My Dad asked them if they could ship the charger back now, because I, his son as a computer engineer NEEDS his computer, but instead of doing 2 day shipping (which would allow me to get my laptop back by Friday), they asked my dad to ship the adapter back and said they would send me the charger by Monday afternoon.

I have a midterm WEDNESDAY of next week, and I have been without a laptop for over a week now for a defect that was definitely not my own, for my laptop's physical condition was perfect and the computer still ran when plugged in so clearly it wasn't a hardware or software issue. I'm probably going to have to study by myself in a computer lab now until the correct charger comes in.

Furthermore, I also had a Programming Methodology project due this week, and I had to constantly go out of my way to computer labs to work on my code, because I had no computer. Like I said, having no laptop as an electrical/computer engineer in college is literally awful. I'm sitting in my dorm right now, writing this review on my roommate's laptop because I am beyond upset with how ASUS handled the situation and I finished the project yesterday so I can now express how I feel about the company. If you are a college student, electrical/computer engineering major or not, I recommend you to NOT buy an ASUS laptop. All of my engineering friends have been telling me to get Lenovo, which is apparently better.

Also, it a false belief that as a computer engineer you need a PC over a MAC. Apple offers an app called XCode that allows users to code in C++ so I could have just kept my Macbook Pro that was in perfect condition instead of wasting my money on some laptop that died within 6 months of light use (I don't tinker with my laptop at all).

Obviously I am upset right now, and it is important to note that I as well as everyone else have my own biases. So if you're reading this review, you do need to do your own research, maybe read more online reviews that I had, but based on my experience with ASUS, and based on my previous experience with MacBook Pro, I can safely say that MacBooks are much better made computers and the MacBook customer service is ridiculously more adept in helping customers. I regret buying the $600+ Asus X541U that was on sale for $420 this past summer, and I hope this review helps other buyers make informative customer decisions.

I bought the computer almost 6 Mths ago. The motherboard and or the hard drive need replacement. In the meantime, my 2 months worth of investigation and rough draft could possibly be lost and the project is due in 2 days. Geek Squad could not save my data. So not only have I lost the value of a basically new laptop, countless hours of hard work for a final class, my GPA is going to be affected, I need to pass the class with a certain grade in order to advance to the next semester, I may have to pay the tuition to retake the class and I am stuck buying a new computer because I cannot afford to have this happen in the future. One of the most expensive mistakes I've made when buying something. Why doesn't Asus stand by their product and give you a new computer when the problem was a manufacturing problem??? I would not recommend anyone buying this brand. ASUS, I am very disappointed In the way you handle these issues.

My laptop (model X553SABHC) was purchased for me by my son as a gift through Best Buy. Nothing but trouble from the beginning. I have been plagued by a tracking virus that was initially in one of the software programs the computer came with. The computer tech who discovered it is an IT expert with a financial institution and knows security issues backwards and forwards. His advice is to dump this computer and stay away from Asus.

I submitted an online order with Asus and it seems that it was rejected. When I called, I was told that I have to call the bank. I called to my credit card company which I have 0 balance and triple A rating. Credit card company indicated that there has been no charge to be declined. I called back to Asus and I was told to use another card. Same issue happened. After 5th call to Asus, I was told that they need to have three way call with my bank to place me on the safe list, after Asus asked me all the questions to verify me and my identification.

Now I have to wait on Asus mercy to call me back and they I need to reach my credit card company and beg Asus to have my business. What is the safe list? This is stupid in this age. I am going to Dell and will let others know that Asus is fake company. Asus will go bankrupt soon. I am not stupid enough to wait for them when there are plenty of company providing me good service and they are online for me to purchase from them.

Worst customer service ever. Bought their flagship phone and they refuse to honor the warranty and act like the phone isn't their brand. Pay the extra money and get yourself a Samsung or Apple product or any company that isn't Asus. Their phones suck and their service sucks worse than their devices.

You may want to rethink doing business with Asus. Just as one previous reviewer, I purchased ASUS ROG G752VY-DH72 on 2/24/2017 with two day shipping option. Received email from company the following day only AFTER funds had been deducted from my bank account stating that they would need to verify my funds. Their so-called verification process involves the customer to contact their bank through a 3 way phone call, with Asus on the phone, to verify the account actually belongs to the customer; really Asus??

Now I'm being accused of being a thief after you have taken my money and put it in limbo so that I can't have access to it? Now you want to verify that the funds are mine? Not a very smart way to do business. 3 way calls to conduct business?? People don't do that ** anymore. Get with the time or you're going to tank!! You're the ones who look suspicious. Needless to say, I cancelled my order on 2/27/2017. Now just waiting to see when I will get access to my money so that I can go elsewhere. Have always used Asus products, but after this awful transaction will never do business with them again.

I recently bought a new laptop from Asus F550VX-NH76 via Newegg. It seemed to work fine at first, but then I started noticing that it was spewing extremely hot air under more demanding use. After installing temperature monitoring software, I realized that it was routinely operating in the 80-90C range, with peaks bordering 100C. I contacted support and followed all instructions to no avail. That's when I installed some tools from Intel and realized that my CPU had been overclocked. While its nominal frequency is 2.60GHz, it was running at 3.10GHz. The laptop came like this from the factory, although there was no information whatsoever about it being overclocked (the advertisement clearly states CPU frequency as 2.60GHz).

I then asked Asus support to explain to me how to reset the frequency to the correct value of 2.60GHz (as this model uses a BIOS version that does not offer this option), to which they replied they would not be able to help me. I was told I had to send the machine back to them, which means I would have to be for a long time without a tool that is essential to me and most likely get it back completely wiped out. In summary, Asus sold an overclocked machine without informing this anywhere, did a very sloppy job by not noticing that said overclocking led to severe and chronic overheating, used a BIOS version that does not offer any option of adjusting clock frequency and refused to provide me with any instructions or tools on how to correct THEIR mistake.

I loved this laptop while it lasted - for about 8 months. It has a year warranty though, so shouldn't be a problem. My laptop will no longer turn on at all - motherboard is shot (this is common for Asus computers if you do a quick google search). I contacted support but was told my Amazon invoice was insufficient - I needed a serial number. No serial number is attached to these laptops - it's only on the box. So if you throw the box away, no more serial number. I explain I don't have it but I can just send it to them and they can verify the serial number once they find it. They tell me that won't work - I'm out of luck.

Next, I went through the reviews of this laptop and saw someone from Asus, Tom **, writes back to all the negative reviews saying that they should just contact him and he'd fix their issue. His e-mail is **. I e-mail him and explain the problem, that my computer is totally broken and I don't have a serial number nor do I have a way to access it. He tells me to open the command prompt in windows and type wmic bios get serial number. Except my computer is completely broken, so I know this conversation is off to a bad start.

Next Tom tells me he talked to support, they said it's fine just send it in then they'll verify serial number. So I call support and they say no that's not possible. I tell Tom their response. A while later Tom gets back and tells me I need to take off the panel of my laptop (using a Torx bit set which most of us don't have lying around) and take pictures of the serial number. I do so after I order a Torx set from Amazon. After getting the pictures, I sent them in and Tom responded with the serial number.

I filled out a return merchandise authorization form with my serial number. I then talked to support, and have a copy of the transcript, where I was assured it would be repaired under warranty. I received a bill for $300 today saying that because it is now out of warranty, I have to pay for the repair. I explain to them I started the return process prior to warranty expiration and have documentation. They still refused. I have since filed a dispute and am waiting on the results of that. In summary, product lasted about 8 months. I have spent about 10 hours of my personal time trying unsuccessfully to get Asus to honor their warranty. Each support person you talk to contradicts the previous one. Awful company with a product they're unwilling to stand behind. Look elsewhere.

I bought ASUS about 1 year ago. Power adapter cord became frayed. They do not carry replacement parts for their own products. Who does or should I say doesn't do that? I bought one on Amazon but when the laptop is plugged in, the touchscreen doesn't work. Who doesn't have their own replacement parts? Customer service did not help at all. Oh, and the cursor jumping around is really annoying and has caused me to email a few things I didn't mean. Seriously, why don't they have replacement power adapters for their own products??? Can't enter order number or receipt because I was never able to order the power adapter.

My dog chewed my Asus notebook charger the day before I left for a business trip overseas. Naturally I thought I could pick another one up while away. I have now travelled for 2 weeks with a dead computer. Visiting 3 large computer stores in Berlin, 2 computer stores at Qatar airport and a computer store in Capetown, no one could help me. I understand that stores do not carry original spares for all makes of computers but none of the numerous generic plugs would fit in the Asus charger port. I called the Asus international help line and they offered the e-shop web address, (which I didn't need any help finding) so I could order another charger (while travelling!). Why does Asus and quite frankly all computer companies think it makes their products attractive by having different plugs for simple things like charging a battery in a device?? A frustrating and somewhat non-productive 2 weeks thanks to Asus.

I bought a brand new, top of the line Zenbook Pro UX501VW through Newegg. I owned it less than a year and had to send it back twice for keyboard, touch screen, and mouse pad issues. This resulted in almost two months of the laptop being away from me, which I use as a productivity tool vital to my job and schooling, because of unnecessary delays in shipping and processing. I now have to send it back a third time because the keyboard doesn't light up. Asus' answer is ship and repair as opposed to standing by their product and replacing it. I would NEVER recommend their inferior products. It seemed like a great deal because comparable specs on different computers cost more financially, but the lost time and frustration exceed the monetary cost benefit. The help center is no better as they lose previous information, provide vital warranty information that conflicts from one agent to the next, and are ill equipped to resolve issues.

Asus Padfone - asked to pay for customer service wrong diagnose. I have been searching online for the appropriate body to submit my "story" but I am not sure who to contact regarding the following issue. In January 2015 I have received as a gift an Asus mobile phone from my mum who bought it from Singapore airport (mobile shop called SprintCass Pte Ltd) and brought it to Australia. Around March 2015 it blacked out. It turned off on its own for more than 2 hours before turning on again. It did it again the following week so I brought the one month old phone at the customer service center here in Australia.

There they have informed me that the Asus Padfone is not covered by warranty in Australia so I had to send it back to the shop I bought it from. Since the turn off-on on its own issue continued with time I contacted the shop in Singapore (May 2015) who told me to bring the phone to one of the Asus centres in Perth, Melbourne or Brisbane. The centres confirmed that they do not repair phones in Australia as this specific product it is not sold here therefore not covered by local warranty.

In May 2015 I also contacted online ASUS tech support and informed about the situation. The reply and solution I received from them was: "For this issue, I suggest you press and hold down "Volume down" button first, and then press and hold down the "Power" button to see if anything appear on the screen. If your problem could not be solved after my suggestion, hardware maybe broken. I suggest you to take the product to our local service center to have a comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem."

Fast forward to August 2015 the phone stopped working completely, it wouldn't turn on anymore. At this time I bought a different phone. In September 2015 I informed tech support about the Padfone status who advised: "For this issue, if you take it back to the place of purchase, it will treated as within warranty case. Sincerely sorry for bringing you the trouble."

I wrote back to the shop in Singapore and asked them if I can send the phone to them so they can have a look at it or eventually send it in assistance in Singapore as it would be covered by warranty. They agreed and phone was sent. End of November I received a quotation from Asus Service Center Singapore (via said Singapore shop). They would charge me $110 for: CHARGING PORT damage. I replied back that there was no charging port damage, it looked more like a hardware dying problem, as informed by tech support back in May 2015. They agreed to lower the price to $80 in December 2015 , just the labour fee, because "Customer induce damage is consider warranty void. That's the reason why Labour fee is included." All of a sudden the phone issue became customer damage.

On to January 2016 (almost one year after) I have advised them that I will not agree to pay said amount. I had used the phone for only few months, paid it $400 it was simply unacceptable and requested the phone to be sent back to me. March 2016 I hadn't received it back yet. It arrived perhaps in the end of March 2016 if I remember correctly. This whole situation was past, and I gave up on the idea of having any "justice."

Fast forward to December 2016 when a friend had a phone emergency, I tried out of curiosity to charge and turn on the famous Asus Padfone 2 in an attempt to give my friend a backup phone. To my surprise the phone worked. It turned on and was as well charging and of course I was really pleased about it. I took this phone with me and I took my holiday pictures with it (lots of water and boats involved and didn't want to risk my other phone). I was supposed to know it better. Few days into the holiday it died again and with it all my photos gone. Must admit I am more disappointed about the photos than the phone itself.

Part 2 of the drama, Jan 2017 informed all the above people about what happened and the problem was escalated to higher ASUS levels. Jan 4th I was contacted by Asus Australia: Unfortunately these units are not serviced in Australia as the product only has warranty in the country it was purchased in, but in this instance our Taiwan Service branch has reached out to us for assistance in servicing the device on their behalf. "I will organise for the device to be collected from you and taken to the NSW Service Centre in Sydney. Once there, they will assess the unit and provide a remedy."

Just few days after the centre called me and confirmed it was a motherboard issue. It wasn't responding and they were trying to do their best to recover the photos but the chances were extremely low. Days after they confirmed the motherboard has to be changed. Also that the costs involved so far in checking the padfone and eventual motherboard replacement would go up to $300 and more. I have gone with them through all my story as explained above, they said they will contact HQ in Taiwan and see if they agree to cover the costs. The official refusal to cover the costs was on the 25th January 2017.

Not only I had a phone that didn't work, I was given a wrong diagnose, asked to pay for said wrong diagnose, received the correct diagnose a year after, asked to pay for a mistake they did. I have all the evidence of the email communication, receipts and quotations regarding this matter. If there could be someone, anybody, that could help me address this issue I would be very thankful.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I reloaded the webcam driver for windows 7 from ASUS site and my webcam works just fine now.

Veronica of Lithonia, GA on

Original Review

Purchased a ASUS laptop U52F some years ago, can't remember if the OS was windows 7 or 8. Updated to windows 10 awhile back. I have an interview next week and it will be done on Skype. I installed skype from the internet and it works okay, but the camera in the laptop displays my picture upside down. I called ASUS and was told there's really nothing that can be done because the laptop was manufactured with a different OS and they don't have any drivers to fix the problem. What is a person to do, buy a new computer when a new operating system comes out? I think not. I will never buy a ASUS computer again.

I just reviewed many issues people are having which is the same things I am dealing with. Customer service is crappy from the service, supervisor and then the manager over the supervisor. From Chevron to Daniel they were no help except wasted time. And they have lied to me about getting it back to me and it's been 3 weeks. Still no computer when I sent it in on 2 day shipment. I got back out of country and they told me they don't have the part that they had to order it. They also told me they would not know when they would get it back to me. I was having battery issues which they are having issues fixing themselves.

If you are looking to buy ASUS for BUSINESS stay away. I paid 1500.00 that was told to be comparable to a Apple and yup product has issues months after buying and the people that work for ASUS is just as bad as the product is. They don't care and no promises. Don't have my computer back yet so with that said if the people is bad then the product is bad. Stick to HP or DELL for business especially if you going to spend the money for working product.

I bought the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Blue) 2/2/2015 (after weeks of research & comparing brands) because I needed it for school & smaller devices aggravated my tendonitis, IT COST MORE THAN MY 40" SMART TV!! Disappointingly, by Sept 2015 (new semester), the power button wouldn't depress so I couldn't turn it on. It was fine a few hrs. earlier. I ultimately called Amazon since I purchased it on their site from an approved 3rd party vendor (it was a weekend). Sarah @ Amazon suggested I look for manufacturer's site for tech support, but she'd follow up w/ the seller as well.

Later I received copy of Sarah's email telling seller that device had a problem, but it was still under warranty. I'd already called Asus tech support who couldn't troubleshoot a device that didn't turn on (tho he did waste 1/2 hr. of time trying to do it, anyway) & filed a "claim" & even had an AUTO_RESPONSE giving me a case#, & advising I'd get an RMA & instructions in a 2nd email in 48 hrs. The seller did respond to Amazon's inquiry & emailed me an apology & referred me to the same tech support tel # I'd already contacted. The seller told me not "to worry because it was STILL UNDER WARRANTY." I never got the email w/ the RMA & return instructions & called tech support again several weeks later, but they couldn't find any record of my call, but "would look into it" & get back to me.

THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY THING ON MY PLATE, I WAS ABOUT TO START MY FINAL SEMESTER (I ORIGINALLY STARTED COLLEGE IN THE 1970s!). I had an internship plus my final classes & at the age of 60+ I had some health issues, & the BS I was getting from ASUS needlessly, exacerbated my stress level!!! Near the end of Jan 2016, an ASUS rep claimed he'd finally figured out what was going on! He spoke to me as if I was both an idiot & a sneak, who was trying to get away w/ something! He said the device's serial # indicated the warranty ran out in 2014!!

I BOUGHT IT NEW IN 2015!!! DID THE SELLER SEND ME AN OLDER MODEL OR WAS ASUS JUST TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEETING THEIR obligation? And why was this the 1st time it was mentioned when they'd had the serial # for 5 months!? After arguing, he told me to "I had to prove when I bought it." But, they rejected the documentation I provided, including a photo of my sales receipt claiming it was illegible - I didn't have a scanner & the camera in the 7" tablet took dark smudgy photos. I had to request a clean copy of the invoice from the seller & it was April 2016 before I sent that to them. I really needed to focus on graduating by then & when I didn't get a response, I knew I needed to take up the argument at a later time.

By the time I was ready to END THIS CONVOLUTED EXERCISE IN FUTILITY, I'd received emails telling me an RMA w/ return instructions was issued but expired already... blah blah & I gathered all pertinent documentation, a SCANNED copy of the bill of sale, etc. thinking once & for all this was the final time -followed all the steps & emailed it thru a form on their website. They responded w/ 3 emails, one implied this was the 1st time they'd been notified (it may have been an auto-generated response to anything sent via that portal). The 2nd said "We are researching this," & finally, the last email had the RMA & instructions... as I got everything together I noticed a msg in tiny font at the bottom of last correspondence. Maybe they hoped I wouldn't notice it. "The serial # on your device expired in 2014, so it is no longer under warranty."

OMG! DIDN'T ANYONE READ ANYTHING I SENT? And by the way, the 1st 7" tablet died when it was 8-9 months old & the 2nd one I kept as backup is missing half the software needed to run most of the standard functions & says "page not found or request unknown, unable to process, retry?" More often than ANYTHING IT DOES!!

So, I'm going to say, not only does ASUS not honor their own contract & warranty, they make substandard products that don't function long enough to last until the warranty expires! Using my limited business acumen, I surmise, if they did honor their warranty by repairing or replacing every device within the 1st year it was purchased, they'd go out of business!!! So they play games in lieu of ethical administration. < I can back up that statement with concrete evidence> Of course, they do have another option, PROVIDE A BETTER QUALITY PRODUCT!

Ordered this ASUS (ASUS X555D recently bought) from Evine. I have only had for 2 weeks. It says charge duration says 6 hours. I fully charged, used for general things and it was dead in 1 1/2 hours. Screen just goes blank at times. Keyboard supposedly has backlighting... NO. Biggest issue and why it's getting boxed up and sent back IMMEDIATELY. It started screeching, like grinding sound. I turned volume completely down and you could still hear it. I let my son witness this and he said "send it back. It sounds like its going to explode like Samsung phone (he's 25 not a child)." Do NOT buy an ASUS product, you will be paying shipping charges to send back within weeks. Also I will no longer order off of Evine, terrible products. I ordered a separate saute pan and it didn't meet anything that was said about it.

I don't recommend buying this product or any product. From Asus. They are only out for themselves. They could care less about their customers. I sent my Asus laptop to the manufacturer for repair and now they are saying it had liquid damage which it never did. They are just out to make more money on the product after you buy it like they did us. I don't have that kind of money cause I'm on disability. Every time I email them they say I have to pay $200.00 more even though it was still under warranty. My advice to everyone reading this message never buy a product from Asus ever again. They are a fraud cause I never nor did anyone else spill water on it. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY ANOTHER COMPUTER AGAIN from this manufacturer!!! They are ripoffs.

bought laptop 5 months ago. Laptop three weeks ago started having problems with it staying connected to the Wi-Fi network. l call the warranty plan that I also bought and they told me that it was still under factory warranty to call them so I did and they said to send it to them and I did and it cost me $83.10 to send a product that's under (FACTORY) warranty. I think they should sell this product as is with no warranty.

I hope this review will post as I have twice before and when I submit, I get a message that the consumeraffairs.com site is unavailable. I received a Ux350U as a birthday gift this January 2017. It has been frustrating since day 1. It took over 6 hours to set up because it ran numerous updates. Once I got that going, I then had to install printer drivers that took hours. Certainly not smart like a MAC. After I got everything set up (and before loading any apps) I ran a scan and it checked over one million items, a bit much for a new computer.

After being frustrated with the mouse that I had to pound to click onto anything and also the arrows not working, I called Asus UNsupport. They are absolutely horrible. The first guy that I spoke to, had me right click on a program from the Asus support site and something was supposed to open. I told him that nothing had happened after clicking the right mouse numerous times. He then told me to use the right and not the left. That was condescending and I told him that I was not stupid and I know the difference between right and left. The reason, I was calling was because my mouse was a problem that evidently sink in with him. He put me on a hold that seems to be what they do in the hopes that you hang up instead of holding. Then instead of talking with him again, I am disconnected and get a service about my (lack) of service. He got ones because zero was not an option.

I have to call back again and I get a woman this time. I thought that she was going to be more helpful. She wasn't and the call was over an hour and she put me on hold for over 20 minutes. I forgot to mention before I called, I checked all drivers for the touchpad and mouse. However, when I checked when the drivers had been installed, they were done in 2015. So leads me to believe it was not a new computer couple with the million items scanned at setup. She has me download 2 drivers from their website. When I then try to run them, I get a message that it can not continue with the installations because I already have the current drivers. (from 2015) Again, I had told her that at the beginning of the call! She then tells me to plug in an external mouse and reset the computer and install all new drivers. I said that I was not going to do that and I am returning this.

When checking the devices on the ZenBook after my call, there was some computer that I do not own on it. Again was it really new? There were also 4 printers listed under the devices. I have one! If you get one, don't count on any support. As other reviewers have mentioned, they also had numerous and lengthy calls with no resolutions. Thanks to reading other reviews about trying to have repairs done, I am returning it. On a positive note, I had a live chat online today with a woman, Bree, at NewEgg that is where it had been purchased. She was very helpful and they do believe in service. She emailed me a return label. I would use NewEgg again because of her service.

Notebook keypad problem (only 6 months old): After at least 3-4 hours requiring 2-3 phone calls for useless troubleshooting, ASUS requested I send in the notebook for repair. They even tried to get me to pay for the shipping label. Three weeks later they finally sent it back in the exact same condition as I sent it in. This is after they required that I reset the entire thing to factory settings. Then I had to call back twice to get another RMA and a new shipping label (total 1 1/2 hours more on phone). Now it's still not fixed and will take AT LEAST another 1 1/2 weeks to even get back, possibly still unfixed. I recently had an issue with my desktop PC from another manufacturer and their customer service was infinitely better.

I ordered an ASUS GL753VE-DS74 and made the payment via a prepaid debit card. The next day I found my order listed in awaiting payment. I checked my card and the funds had already been removed from my account. I received an email from a third party - UITOX stating they needed to do a three way call with my bank to verify payment. I worked at a large bank for 7 years and NEVER heard of a three way call for a transaction verification. This was a prepaid debit card so the funds would HAVE to be available for the card to process.

The more I thought about this, the more uncomfortable I became of this strange and unusual request. I no longer had access to those funds in my account. I told them I was not comfortable with their request and if they were unable to process my order as was, to cancel my order. Once again I got an email request for a three way funds verification. I am not sure why they sent me another email after I made it clear that I wanted my order canceled if it could not be processed as is.

Once again I sent them an email reiterating my request to cancel the order. It was finally canceled. Just be aware of this if you place an order with ASUS. I feel it was a scam but ASUS insisted they would NOT process my order without the verification and my account had not been charged even though the funds were not in my account. I truly believe it was a scam and felt like I would not receive my order and would lose my money. As of yet, the funds have not been placed back in my account.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1989, Asus is a manufacturer of computer and technology solutions. ASUS products include mobile phones, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and more.

• Asus Vivo: The Asus Vivo line of PCs is its basic desktop tower. Vivo PCs are designed to perform as all-around computers for home or office use.
  • Asus Transformer: The Asus Transformer is a 2-in-1 PC that can be used as a tablet or as a laptop. It is a lightweight computer designed for portability and convenience.
  • Republic of Gamers: Asus’ Republic of Gamers line of gaming desktop towers and laptops are gaming machines capable of high-end PC performance. There are various models at different prices.
  • All-in-one PCs: Asus Vivo AiO and Zen AiO computers are its all-in-one PCs. They are available in touch-screen models.
  • Asus Mini PCs: Asus Mini PCs condense all the functionality of a desktop PC into a compact box for office use. These devices are primarily marketed to businesses.
  • Best for Asus computers are best for businesses, home offices, casual users, gamers and anyone else looking for a computer.

Compare Computer Brands