2.14/5

425 Apple iTunes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got a new phone and seen an ad on there about buying the VPN Go app. only $8.41 per month. I can afford that, but when I look at my online banking account they charged the whole 99.99 for a year. I have called 4 people and they hang up on me. And I cannot get in touch with anyone to cancel. Another rip off for me in two days.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Fraudulent company. They advertise, along with Napster, that you can download their songs for burning and ripping, but they only let you download songs into a private section in their app, and argue that it's legitimate and the same thing as a download because you can download it after clicking a download button and can play them out of streaming mode, and they advertise that it's useful and the same thing as a download because you can play the "downloads" when there's an internet outage or downtime out of streaming mode. However you cannot move your downloads into your computer's folders, or other parts of your computer, and you cannot exercise possession of the items, even though you paid for them. Company turned into a fraudulent advertisement front teaching bot for third party nationals and their inconvenience infliction cryptids. On the upside, it's prime and ripe for lawsuits and incarcerations against the corporate rogues.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've never seen such a slow or broken app. I wouldn't be surprised if they quit adding it to computers, as it seems like they've quit supporting the app already. It takes a solid 5 minutes to load on my brand-new Mac, and when it finally does, it takes 2-3 minutes to load the podcast, then 2-3 minutes to start playing each episode - minimum. Then it only plays 1-2 minutes of my podcast of choice before quitting. When it does quit, it does so without any memory of what we were just listening to, and does not even remotely try to reload the episode, making me have to stop what I'm doing and restart the episode from the beginning. Oh look at that - it just cut out again. Thank goodness Spotify has begun to carry podcasts, so that I can at least attempt to enjoy them.

Original review: July 24, 2018

There has been a charge on my iPhone for an annual membership of a fitness program which I don't use. As soon as the charge appeared, I initiated canceling it on my phone, realizing this was not what I intended to buy. Especially for one year membership and a fee of $99.99. I went under my "purchase history" and cancelled the subscription. I also called the bank and disputed the charge. Then I followed up by calling iTunes to make sure I was not paying for that. All of that happened end of May and June and I am still writing and calling with no resolution.

I have called several times, written several letters and argued my case with several managers since the charged appeared in May. The managers are rude and unprofessional and they tell me there is nothing they can do because it has been over 60 days since the charge appeared!!! That is a lie since I have been calling since day 2. They drag your case so days go by and they claim you are responsible for not pursuing your case. That is 100% lies. They are the most unprofessional and rude managers I have ever talked to. Instead of resolving your case, they argue and insult. They are liars. I know how hard I have tried to remove this charge on my end from day 2. Three managers either got disconnected or hang up on me but they never called back. I want to take them to small claim court and I don’t care how much more money this is going to cost me. This is a joke. They are thieves.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Apple/iTunes uses batch billing. As antiquated as it is, if you go over they block you from even your own cloud or any updates. As an Apple customer from way back I’m appalled and dropping all products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: July 16, 2018

I was sick of cd's and the radio while out driving distances so agreed a three month free trial and £9.99 per month after the free period. Which I assumed covered me to search for a song & add it to my playlist. After the free trial I noticed each month a payment of £9.99 was going to iTunes from my PayPal which I thought was normal. It wasn't until a while after I noticed some months another 2 payments of £9.99 were being taken 2 different dates of the month and random £1.99's and £3.99's were also being taken from my bank account. I notified the bank who cancelled the payments.

iTunes continued to take them so my bank had to cancel my card and issue me a new one. I have also reported iTunes to PayPal and cancelled the transaction with PayPal and cancelled iTunes altogether. I've tried constantly to rectify it. The only way I can get a response is via email. Firstly they said "different department can't comment on it for security reasons." I told them I want to know why they have taken it and I want it refunded, they just email back "what Matthew said was correct, you may have another email address that was charged." This means nothing, I didn't agree take what you want when you want. Please beware.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I received an alert that my card was charged over $60 to iTunes. I wasn't even home. Tried to call iTunes and was on hold for 40 minutes, while I was driving. I had to end the call, so I could immediately call my bank, have my card canceled, and dispute the unauthorized charge, to make sure no charges were made. My bank canceled my card, and the dispute was made. This was in May. I called Apple as soon as I returned home, and told them what happened. I told them these charges were on a different device, different ID, and I wasn't even home. I'm not on family sharing.

All of a sudden over a month later, my bank charged me again, because Apple said I made the charges, they had proof I was at my address??? What the heck, I wasn't even home (I have receipts to prove it). This is a bunch of BS. Now iTunes is telling me it's my bank's fault, and my bank is telling me it's iTunes'??? I called Apple, told them I had proof I wasn't home when these charges were made. Something needs to be done with this crooked company.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was recently noticed a charge from Apple that was taken from my checking account. The charge was for an Norton's for 29.99 that I never subscribed to. When they withdraw the funds from my acct it caused an overdraft fee of 35.00. I contacted Apple and was told, "We are sorry that was done in error and we will refund this within 10 days." As far as the overdraft fee I was on my own for their error. I was told I would be provided an email to provide to my bank to get the money back.

I never received the email and called back minutes later to be told that such email exists and hold on. I held for 20 mins until I was disconnected. So not only did you take money in error as you say you caused my acct to overdraft and cost me another 35 dollars in which again I have to take the time to call the bank and get this money put back in, also wait 10 days to get my own money back. This is the worst I have seen. Unacceptable customer service and poor management as far as withdrawing funds that were not authorized.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Earlier today I needed to purchase a navigation app for my new car. I purchased the app via my cell phone while at the dealership. There were a number of problems getting connected and I left with the issue unresolved. When I got home I attempted to call iTunes to get more information on the app and find out what additional cables were needed. I called about 5 times back to back, each time the same man answered the phone, and when I told him I had already made the purchase and didn't need to purchase anything, he hung up. After the 3rd attempt I called the number on both my home phone and my cell. The cell call was again cut off--because he probably recognized the number; however the same guy answered the call made from the home phone. When I started talking, he said "just a minute" and then played music--on hold I assume. The music played for at least 30 minutes, and eventually that call was disconnected as well.

If I have to go to iTunes, I'll just do without the product. All I needed was assistance for a product purchased from their site. They could have answered the question and been off the call in a matter of seconds. This was a mean-spirited individual, who after 5 calls, gives a pretty good representation of iTunes as a whole. I had thought that iTunes was more of a reputable company. My mistake, I will never use them for anything again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was in Rehabilitation (Sjogren's) during the period when over 1100.00 purchase was made from a non related child. I had no access to my phone at this time. Apple credited my $300 but the rest was made to be my loss. I'm just now able to attempt to address the issues, due to it has been a long road of recovery for me. I have tried to have Apple reimburse a few more of my charges and they refused. Some that were made within 60 days. I was told they only do it out of courtesy and all charges are non refundable. That would be different if I was the one who made the purchases I would understand. But I did not do it. This taking advantage of someone who's unable to work and lives on a fixed income. Very terrible situation with no way to resolve the problem. Basically they're telling me we are keeping your money no matter who authorized the charges. Robbery.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Apple has charged me 320 dollars for no fault of mine while replacing my iPhone in Express Replacement program. What's worse? They charged me an additional 30 dollars for the Express Replacement which is also not fair since I had to go to an Apple store to replace the product (The one they sent me was broken). They have really gone overboard with profit making and I am very dissatisfied with the entire experience. Basically do not expect any support from Apple in case you have trouble with your phone, like battery issues (within warranty too). Android phones are way better off nowadays along with better support.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My child unfortunately made charges without me knowing through my Apple store under the game toy blast, it was a whole month worth before I found that I was $358 missing from my account. I then worked with Apple. Gave them all the transaction order numbers, amounts, dates and how much was purchased for them to say a big fat, "No. We will not refund you!" I pay attention to my child but here you have a child with these bright colors and asking, "Do you want more coins!" Of course. Who doesn't! I did budgeting wise would want to spend that much on a game!!! NOPE.

I am disappointed and frustrated. Have a password but it is a password for the family as we share the iPad... my child is big enough to play game but small to not understand he is purchasing coins with ACTUAL money. Apple thinks different and will rob you of your money in every which way possible. I have been emailing them for a few weeks to nip this in the bud before it got out of control. No response until it got to this much! Do they actually think a adult who works full-time a single mom (not that makes a difference) but it does for with Apple.

Original review: March 14, 2018

They will rob you blind. Stole $1100.00 from by debit cards via iTunes! This company! This company is complete garbage. They put us through hell to get our fraudulent charges that their billing department made we think intentionally!

Original review: March 13, 2018

My son that is 12 ordered free apps but were actually on a free trial period. He's had his account about 5 years so no children account option available at the time. Therefore, I had no parental control. Started receiving charges. Call Apple support and inform them of the issue. They would credit the money back to my bank account and tell us the problem was resolved and we wouldn't see any more charges. What started out about $2 is now up to $56! Today I call to try and figure out how to get to the root of the problem so there won't be any issues. First call is 26 minutes, was placed on hold while the rep credited my account and was to send links on all the ways I can prevent the issue only for her to disconnect the call and not call back.

Call a second time, call last 38 minutes with a rep and supervisor. I was told the previous call a supervisor denied the refund because I've been credited previously. Said in the notes I've received information on how to correct the issues when in reality I had not. Nasty supervisor and by the end of the call she says she can't discuss the account because he's listed as an adult even though she understands he's 12! Are you serious Apple?! She refuses to help any further. So in order for me to dispute the $56 in charges that will reoccur monthly I have to cancel the debit card and dispute the charges with the bank. Problem is, it's my husband's card and he's out of town on business so that would leave him without any funds and he has to be the one to cancel and complete the paperwork anyways. I had previously deleted the card off my son's phone but that also removed it from being able to track.

Can't have that, as the tracking option has saved his phone from a person that stole it last year. In order for me to gain control of his phone I had to lie about his age, and make him 13. No help to Apple support with that either as they didn't provide the information. I've now done everything on my end to stop the charges and just want my money back and I'm only asking for the month of March! We had deleted the apps but didn't realize that doesn't matter. I don't think a 12 year old kid should be able to make purchases! My husband told Apple on the phone they didn't have our authorization to take any funds from our account but we found out the hard way it didn't matter. Due to Tammy (the rude supervisor) I'm making a complaint, which I told her I would be and she didn't care!

Original review: March 9, 2018

Hi. Recently purchased a TV show and for some reason the payment was not accepted. Due to this all my TV shows that I had purchased from Apple I am unable to watch. The help told me that if a payment is declined that it automatically stop you from accessing any TV shows. So they have taken hundreds of dollars from me and have now told me I am unable to have access to any of my previous TV shows I have paid for. So Apple has taken my money or should I say stolen my money and I have no way of getting it back.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have had an iPhone for years and I am tired of music. I have uploaded to disappear only to purchase my music again. Now, iTunes purchases are disappearing for music and movies are now requiring to purchase once again. Stay away from iTunes.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Billed incorrect amount a few times and there was fraudulent activity on my account and iTunes disabled my ID... I have been trying to obtain a new ID for more than 5 days now without success. They are the worse!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I downloaded NBA app but was being billed through iTunes. I cancelled subscription but was billed the next month. When contacting them they claimed I didn’t cancel within 24 hours of when subscription was to be billed for the monthly fee. However I told them I cancelled within 48 hours before bill was due. They basically ignored my email and said they will take care of the cancellation. Following month I was billed for what said “resubscribed “. I never resubscribe so I emailed support and they said, “Oh I understand your frustration blah blah blah.” I had to basically curse them out and they finally said they will refund me.

However in that email it said I just still cancel subscription and they included step by step instructions on how to cancel (even though I never resubscribed). I went step by step and got to area that said subscription but there was no cancellation link! There was an area that said I will be billed monthly and to click on I agree with the terms. Then Apple iTunes ignored my emails because I once again told them to cancel the stupid subscription already so I can be done with them. So I had to take matters in my own hands and cancel my credit card to get a new number and it also has a new billing address so now I can’t be billed for charges that I never subscribed to! Awful business I def will NOT ever be using iTunes again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

On Monday I found 23 bucks missing billed from iTunes on my account. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes they said they would refund me in 6-7 business days. So it’s ok to take my money collect interest for 7 days and give it back saying it’s an accident!!?? Then when I got mad the lady said, "Ok we can refund in 23 hours." It’s now Thursday and nothing. And when I got mad the lady said she would let me speak to a manager and we conveniently got disconnected. Now I’m on hold again. This is my money it’s not right!!! How many people have been charged money by this company and not noticed!?? I bet thousands of people have been gouged.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

These people double billed my family account repeatedly over several months. When confronted they failed to make it right knowing the charges were for the same amount within second of the duplicate charge by the same IP and piece of equipment. Instead they chose to punish the customer for the complaint and locked the Apple ID from even downloading FREE apps already on the cloud for the user. I only have 2 users on this family account, my wife and I. She never buys from iTunes. So I kicked myself off her Apple account as a family sharing and iTunes asked for a new payment card on my account. I entered it and made one (1) purchase carefully of credits on an app. Looked at my iPhone bank app and boom, again they billed it two (2) times within minutes!!! You got to be kidding me, I thought. How bold are these pirates?

I'm putting them on my pirate list forever now, that has to include cancelling both debit cards as they will not let you remove them from your accounts. Never purchasing again no matter how badly I want an app, and looking for new equipment manufactured by more honest companies. My advise to you is God help you if they decide to cheat you using Apple Pay or iTunes. They will just laugh in your face once they convert your money out of your bank. And customer service is tragic (send us an email, we won't answer if you question piracy from your account). If I could give 0 stars I would most certainly have done so!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've always been lead to believe that Apple products are always superior to competing ones. Based on my experiences with iTunes, I'm not impressed and I don't like it as much as Spotify.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

A couple of weeks ago I saw double billing several times on my debit card. It's on Family Sharing and assumed they billed both id's. Emailed them stating quit stop stealing! They then locked me out of the store to download anything stating on a screen prompt your plan disputed a charge. REALLY? So why would that keep our plan from future purchases? We should have but did not dispute the charge at our bank. I immediately powered off my new iPad mini and will put it in the trash and since I have new phones also pay the contracts and use another manufacturer's phones. The issue is Apple has gotten too big for their britches and treats customers as slaves to them. Move on as I will to a better manufacture who doesn't want to be your lifeline banker and mother!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I signed up for iTunes to have music for car trips. I didn't know that I would not be able to put that music on my iPod once I purchased it. So now, I have all this music that I can only listen to in my office.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

iTunes worked fine on my computer until I updated to Windows 10 at which time it stopped working. I could no longer access it. After much research I followed suggestions to completely delete iTunes from my computer then reload. I received error messages that would not allow me to successfully install iTunes. This is completely frustrating as I am now unable to access my music library and update playlists on my iPod Shuffle. I even tried to download iTunes to a laptop computer but received the same error message.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have contacted iTunes repeatedly because every time I try to redeem a gift card I run into a problem. They have done nothing to address this. My solution is to buy songs from Amazon instead. Also, why do these idiots format the jewel case insert as white on blue? Either they don't realize that it wastes a lot of expensive color ink or they don't care. Or both. All in all, iTunes support is about the same as the rest of Apple support - poor at best, non-existent at worst.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Great service, prices could be a little lower but love the ease of downloading music. I'm able to use on at least three different Apple or Mac devices which works perfectly for me.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I just love the choices of music you can listen to. I found a lot of old songs from my younger years. Very happy with the service I have gotten and all the selections to choose from.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I'm a long-time user of iTunes and it's been wonderful. I'm not big on their current or new features, but it does what I want it to, and that's fine for me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Selection was great. What I did not care for was before I had chance to renew, it was like music was there one day next day music downloaded was gone. That's why wasn't renewed.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The music quality is mediocre, songs that is supposed to have strong bass does not come out with strong bass. It sounds more like the old transistor fm radio.

Apple iTunes Company Information