2. Miscellaneous

Apple iTunes

Apple iTunes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Apple iTunes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iTunes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: April 28, 2020

My wife and I both had COVID-19, we were sick for weeks. During that time our children racked up hundreds of dollars in in-app purchases made on "click bait" oriented games. We had no idea as we literally were so sick and didn't have the capacity to be monitoring them or our finances. Apple literally doesn't care. It is a service, it's not like they bought a computer and we want a refund while keeping the computer!!! They don't care that we were so sick. They don't care about lost income. They are a huge corporate giant and don't listen or care about the voice of one.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

It's not often that I can rave about a company with good customer support, but I can today. I had to contact Apple support regarding my iTunes account and getting charged with something that I did not know I had been purchasing. I had dreaded making the call for days as I figured I would wait on hold forever and I was pessimistic about even getting problem resolved. Well I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to talk with someone in less than one minute! The customer service rep, Jason I believe was helpful, patient and knowledgeable. We found the problem in less than a couple minutes. Thank you for being so easy to work with Apple Support!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I am experiencing daily iTunes charges to my debit account, ranging from .99 to $60.00, just last night 3 charges came in and overdrafted my acct causing an important bill I had authorized online to be declined by my bank. Reviewing my bank history over the past 2 months I am seeing daily itunes unathorized charges. I only have iCloud Backup at $2.99 per month authorized. I have never received a notification or receipt for any goods or services regarding these unknown itunes charges. Calling the number for itunes provided by my bank results in a bogus recorded Apple message suggesting family member charges and to pursue online investigation at The Apple site and then hangs up. Online it is a blame game. Click on this link or that to find out about the bogus charges. No phone contact for customer Support. I find the situation outrageous!

To make matters worse, I am seeing An “update payment method” to ensure that my photos won't be deleted from icloud, the only $2.99 fee I actually ever signed up for. These unauthorized charges have cost Me a bundle in overdraft fees and caused Important bills to be declined as my bank pays the multitude of itunes charges and overdrafts me and declines my important bills. I paid online when I thought my funds were clear to pay them as I hadnt realized Apple had a A preauthorized scam going on not authorized charges.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Youtube has far more songs, but the package for unlimited download is so expensive and I Only want to download the Occasional song. I just want to be able to buy what I want when I want. You can’t convince me that Google has the money to have so many songs, but Apple doesn’t. Apple charges way too much for its phones and software for iTunes and other software to be so inadequate. UI, Navigation and search are terrible.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I’ve been begging and pleading with iTunes for 2 weeks concerning a refund of in store purchases. A game I’ve played for 2 years called Legendary Game of Heroes has fraudulently collected who knows how many millions of dollars from players on the explicit premise that their investment in the virtual property would forever hold the same value and that our need to invest in the future would diminish. This happened in February of 2019. A couple days before Christmas, the developers went back on their word and completely ripped all the value away, rendering our investments useless. Developers refused to refund and have been basically ignoring players...99% of which are outraged and up in arms about it. So several have sought and were granted thousands of dollars in refunds from BOTH Google and Apple. Google is refunding a lot of people all the way back to 2017, which isn’t what I asked for.

Now, I know Apple has terms and conditions and whatnot, but everyone who asked for a refund had the exact same situation. A lot of people were granted refunds...but me? Nope! They refused to help me. I sent them screen shots, proof of what the app on their platform is doing to people. I called, I begged and pleaded and asked for explanations as to why others got refunded and not me. Always the same BS response of "we review each refund case carefully and yours doesn’t meet the requirements" THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...but their refusal to help me, a loyal customer of Apple for over a decade, is asinine! They sent an email saying their decision was final and would not discuss it anymore. No explanation as to why, wouldn’t answer my questions, just no No NO! So Google seems to actually give a ** more about their customers. I’ll now be contacting my Bank and having them issue chargebacks!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I’ve spent the last 3 weeks attempting to get a game in progress, ($125 paid in a month) restored for a game “Home Design”, and when that failed, as the game company refused to acknowledge my written messages contacting them..as they instructed in their “terms of agreement and service”, I contacted ITunes assuming they would care whether the products they sell in ITunes are credible companies. I learned they do not take responsibility, financially or even contacting the developer companies that make a fortune off of these games. ITunes of course gets their profit off the games as well.

To add insult to injury, in addition to not getting my money back or the game progress restored..as promised by the developer, ITunes phone reps informed that since I had disputed the charges through PayPal, that they are blocking my use of Pay Pal or my credit card from ITunes. This is my only way of paying so they will not be getting my business any longer. The idea of punishing me for an error one of their developers made in incomprehensible and should be illegal. However, their stand is you are “on your own” when you choose to purchase a product from ITunes.

I was under the belief they would care that their developers had good reputations and a means for resolving lost money to the developers, but after spending hours on the phone with multiple ITunes phone representatives, eventually to the the highest level, I was just now told they have no intention of even looking into the concerns about this company/developer named “Glu”. So I doubt they care that ITunes and Apple reputation is being damaged by any of these other developers products they sell either. So beware!

These companies have no contact information in their “terms of agreement” other than a link to email them. When I did this, I was told that they were not responsible for the product..and I had to contact some other “team”, which I did many times but never got any responses indicating they had even READ my letter, let alone were willing to resolve the problem. Shame on Apple and ITunes!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Over the last two years I have had numerous unauthorized iTunes charges show up on my charge cards ranging from iTunes games, Roblox, Spotify, iBooks etc.. things that I never purchased or my kids. Of course when I call Apple they accuse my kids and their apple ID logins as the ones that downloaded these apps. Apple never gives me a credit on my charge card based on these unauthorized charges. I spend thousands of dollars in new iPhones over the years so it's not like we can't afford it. It's the principle of the matter that these charges are not valid. I have to go to charge card company to report this fraud.

This last time takes the cake. I have had an inactive iTunes account since last February. As soon as I put in a charge card number for Huber, iTunes suddenly grabs that card number and charges a bunch more iTunes apps. This happens although I haven't had an active iTunes account for 6 months. They of course blame my kids once again. They refuse to give me a credit on these charges. Not sure how they can charge me when my iTunes account is inactive. I think the writing is on the wall folks. This is unbelievable.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Over the last 2 weeks I have spent many hours with Apple Care and then referred to iTunes concerning my request for a refund for an app that I was billed for but did not have. Apple Care screen shared with me to see the app was being charged and yet I did not have it on my iPhone or iPad. It seemed like a "no brainer" but iTunes has continued to refuse to adjust the charges. I am astounded that Apple's customer service is so appalling and arbitrary being told that managers above the level of Senior Adviser do not or can not take calls and that I must send an email to complain or request for further action.

I have names and case numbers and documented many of the hours that I spent on the phone with Apple to no avail. I thought to "Google" iTunes complaints to see if there were other consumers upset about the subject and now see that there are many complaints. It seems we just have to live with it? If you use an Apple device and want an app you have to get it through iTunes and pay through iTunes. Then when it doesn't work, and Apple Care employees have verified that it doesn't work, they refuse to adjust the charges. I consider this totally unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Every time purchase made it is never received. Tried to get refund, instead was billed for purchases never received. Unable to solve issues, cannot connect with customer service. This going on for the last year.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

It started with a purchase of an itunes card. I purchased the card at Walmart and the code was unreadable so I contacted itunes support and I got passed from person to person. Long story short I ended up with 2 case #s and still 5 days later after submitting proof of purchase twice, I’m still waiting to get my itunes card credited to my account. Something that should've been so simple turned out to be a nightmare. Shame on Apple since they're such a big company I would've expected much more. I am now regretting purchasing a $1500. computer from them just recently. Their associates seem nice but totally oblivious to how to handle a simple problem.

Apple iTunes Company Information