Apple iTunes

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Apple being one of the highest price product and with lowest level of service provider... they don't reply to you until 24-48 hours, you need to keep chasing, they give you contact number to call, where you cannot speak to anyone but instead guide you back to iTune support online form. Their online chat doesn't work... don't understand why I paid so much money to such useless company, with such useless service. Switching to Android. Thank you Apple for taking our money and letting us down so badly. Well done, one of your loyal client leaving you.

The representatives who work behind the scenes are sarcastic and rude. I would buy some something on iTunes, and then I'm charged 2-3 times. When I contacted iTunes, they said no and referred me to a site. I go to the link and all I do for 20 minutes and just give up because it leads you to a dark hole. Further iTunes say they are not able to refund unauthorized purchases and that I should contact my credit card company. When I contact my credit card company, they asked why iTunes didn't refund it. I told them the story of the dark hole. Now I have to cancel my card, and change everything that the card is linked to.

I have received 1000.00 of unexplained charges in my iTunes account. I have spent over an hour on hold with Apple support, have made two appointments for call back support and it remains unresolved. At this time I have disabled my iCloud account. This means I cannot use Apple tv, in which I have numerous movies paid for and no longer have access to. I can't use iTunes music either, which is my source for music. I am a long term Apple customer and as a family we own 2 Apple tvs, 2 iPads, 4 iPhones, 1 Apple watch, 2 MacBook airs and 1 MacBook pro.

I am unable to use anything in iTunes (movies, music) which I have spent a significant amount of money on. Apple has yet to resolve this and I have no further moves to getting this resolved. Do not invest in the Apple line of products. If you have a problem with your iTunes account and unexplained charges you have to shut down all of your accounts. I haven't even mentioned getting my money back from the unexplained charges.

My son made several unauthorized charges via Apple in app purchases. I contacted Apple and they refunded my money and advised how to set up my phone to prevent this from happening again, which I did. A week later my child managed another $400 in charges (in app purchases) and Apple would not refund my money nor could they tell me how he was able to make purchases after I added restrictions to my account.

I installed a dating app and it was the worst app ever. It takes so long to be loaded and the design, page, everything were so user unfriendly. Anyway, one hour after being installed, the app sent me 4 messages from 4 (obviously fake) accounts. I knew they were fake, I just wanted to see the messages out of curiosity, I push the buttons fast just to get to the end, and somehow apparently I agreed to pay $35 for their monthly subscription! I didn't notice it until I received the bill from iTunes in my iCloud email. (I just got iPhone a week earlier and all those fingertip things, fast buying, and dating apps were new to me). The funny thing is that the app was so slow and it didn't actually show me the fake messages!! I was charged $30 to see 4 fake messages and I didn't get them!! Immediately, I canceled my subscription (and it was a long hard-to-find and user unfriendly process) and I contacted Apple Customer Service through online chat.

My real complaint is not that fraudulent app, the actual complaint is for Apple Customer Service who actually get the side with those charlatans against a customer like me. Let's assume it was my fault to not pay enough attention when using my fingertips, I took the responsibility of that: I did agree to a monthly subscription for a dating app and they promised to show me least 4 messages (let's assume I knew they are fake and I was okay with that!)... with all of these, they didn't accomplish what they promised to do in return of my money. So I should get a refund... that's the worst scenario. We don't need this situation. That app is obviously a fraudulent one. You can check it for yourself: "Get Down-Hookup Dating App" and it has a 4.5 star with 78 reviews!!! I'm 100% sure those positive feedbacks are fake and from people connected to app developers. You think I'm wrong? Install the app now and see it for yourself.

Anyway, the Apple Customer Service refused to refund me and they actually backed the app by saying an unprofessionally statement: "They are real people." The agent didn't repeat it later and said that iTunes is not responsible for third-party apps' activities on their platform. The agent's supervisor wasn't helpful more than the agent. Finally I got a refund but it took me a month and through my credit card support not iTunes. Apple got many good products and I continue to buy from them, I just got the new MacBook Pro... but I can't tolerate the fact that their customer service is everything but a CUSTOMER SERVICE. Be aware of this app and probably other apps by the same developer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

I have had Apple charge my credit card and bank account 2 different times for iTunes, once $850 and the other $1200, and I don't even own an Apple product! Do they not monitor their sales and online purchases??? Very frustrating. I will never purchase an Apple product! I do not feel safe with this company at all.

I signed up for a free Soundcloud trial on my Android phone 3 months ago and can't cancel due to their policies! They are charging me $9.99 a month for this service which I do not use! The only way to cancel is from an actual computer and the one I have has an outdated browser so I can't log in from it! There is no number to call and I can't successfully contact their "help" from my phone so I'm stuck paying this!

I'm furious that you can set up an account from your phone to start payments to them but can't cancel those same payments from your phone. I feel scammed and I want my money back. I shouldn't have to cancel my debit card to stop these payments but if I have to I will because this system is crooked and appears to be designed to keep Android users from being able to cancel easily. Do not use this app if you have an Android or an "outdated" browser on your PC. Ridiculous.

First issue 1) Now when you call Apple Support you are required to hear sales pitches on various products including DirecTV, Safety Alert, medical devices, etc. After finally getting through all the sales pitches, I was directed to another number and had to begin my wait. I was waiting 2 hours to talk to support. I basically had to take a half day from work and still had no resolution on issues. Issue 2) My son's password no longer is recognized for iTUNES access and days later has still been unable to log in. When he tries to follow protocol for "forgot" or change his password, a verification code is sent to my phone. He cannot choose security options, does not have the 2 step security process set up an any of his devices making the verification code useful. He essentially cannot access his purchases (music) accumulated over many years. Banks have an easier login process than Apple does.

I have yet to figure out why Apple wants to store a credit card online when they haven't proved they can do it securely. Either way, I've been charged over 27.00 in fraudulent charges by the App Store and iBooks and I refuse to provide my credit card anymore. Therefore I am not now Apple to use my bank apps (which are free by the way) to do banking. Has put me in a real bind. They just keep telling me to review the purchases. I have reviewed and found they charge 4 times for the same book and 2x for something I have no clue what it is. Amazing, because they refuse to believe they made a mistake.

For the amount of money Apple products cost customers should not have to wait more than 1 hour on hold just to speak with a representative! iTunes is overcharging me for the last 5 months and I just noticed when I was looking at my bank statements. I'm holding to find out why the overcharge and that has taken me more than an hr on hold. Very close to going to team android. This is crazy when you pay 600+++ dollars for a phone!

On Saturday 6/6/2016 I was surfing the internet looking for a truck to buy when I came across a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado selling at an I’ll agree now at a very amazing low price of $3000.00. I texted the number, and received a return text from Ashley ** telling me that the reason the truck was so cheap was the fact that her son who owned the vehicle had been killed by a drunk driver and that she and her husband stayed out working over the road and she just wanted to sell the truck quickly because it brought back precious memories.

I was then told that in order to purchase the vehicle I would have to pay through eBay. I was then contacted through the internet by a company that was convincing enough for me to believe them to actually legibly be the actually eBay, the instructions were for me to obtain $3000.00 through Apple/iTunes in non-denominational gift cards. It took me three days to collect the gift cards because of the amount of money being spent, the email also stated that I need to scratch off the back of the cards, and send eBay a picture of the code on the back of each card, and send then by reply to the return to the sender which looked like a real eBay return email.

I followed the instructions and waited for a reply. I also asked in the email for eBay to reply if they received the pictures, there was no reply. After a hour and a half I got in touch with eBay who then told me that eBay does not work in that manner and this wasn’t a real eBay transaction. Next I immediately telephoned Apple & had the cards pulled or stopped, the Apple employee did as I asked. I then went to the CVS store told them what happened then I tried to redeem the cards. I was then told by someone in the CVS office that it was not their responsibility so I then made another call to Apple who told me it was not their responsibility, it was the store that I bought the cards from.

I am being sent on a back & forth loop with no one wanting to take the cards back. So I then called the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) who told me it was indeed Apple's responsibility. Right now I don’t know who to call next to have any action taken. I don’t necessarily want my money back I will spend or rather use the cards at an Apple store. The manager of the Apple Store on Knox St. in Dallas, TX told me to call Apple corporate office. I don’t want any monetary benefits I just want to spend the money I paid for the cards. Maybe I jumped the gun trying to stop the redemption of the cards I bought but I was trying to keep the scammers from taking my money. I shouldn’t have to pay $3,023.70 for jumping into action and having my own cards taken offline. Thank you in advance.

I downloaded a song (by the hardest) and it did not play correctly. I reported the issue and, of course, it was my fault. I was given instructions to redownload the song, which instructions were impossible to follow since what I needed to click on did not show up on their diabolical website. I plan to take it up with my credit card company, never use iTunes again, never buy an Apple product and stick with Amazon for all digital music purchases.

I quit using Apple products 6 years ago when I lost hundreds $$ of music I had just purchased after a computer crash, could never get restored and finally cut my losses. Fast forward to a random iTunes charge on my credit card. I called the phone number which is a recording that says to check online. I can't check on-line because I don't have an account to sign into. There is no other option offered to get this resolved with Apple so I had to put in a fraud claim with my card company and close the card account. Now I have to wait for a new card and set up all my automatic payments with companies I actually do business with. Apple needs to have a way that consumers can find out what was charged on their credit card and why. You should be able to contact the company without an account. What lousy service. I would never use them. They must think they are "too big to fail". Not really Apple!

There is a game of developer kabam called 'Marvel: Contest of champions'. I have been playing this game for over an year now. I don't hesitate to spend money on games, I have done it on some games before also and similarly on this game too. But kabam came out to be a totally different story altogether. They introduced some features like alliance wars and alliance quests some time ago in which whole alliance (i.e. 30 players from around the world) comes together and help each other for getting reward.

To perform better we had to use synergies provided by the game and to use those synergies we had to had some specific champions in game and then we had to level up those champions to use them in game. This all process of acquiring and updating champions costs us money (real money). Then kabam used to come up with rebates on their in-app purchases to facilitate this process so we spent more and more in order to get those champions and use their specific features provided by the game.

Suddenly, one day kabam mails us saying we are taking those features out (i.e. synergy and mastery), so basically all the money that we had spent on the specific champions and their abilities are now totally wasted. They said they are going to compensate us with some in game resources which is totally unacceptable as we have spent real money to get those champs where they are now so the compensation should be in real money too. But nope, I tried talking to kabam but they were adamant that these new changes will improve gaming experience (which I doubt, as it's just another way to take more of our money). And they bluntly said nothing other than those in game resources will be provided as compensation. I was fed-up and finally went to iTunes store when one of my friend recommended me to.

My friend who is also player of same game and has been victim of similar fraud from kabam went to iTunes support and got his money refunded instantly for the fraud. So he recommended me to go to iTunes store support and I went there but to my surprise they didn't refund me my money. I have spent more than my friend and tried to convince them for an hour in their chat but still no refund. Does this refund which my friend got is region based? He is from USA and I am not so can it be the problem? I asked them all these questions but their reply was, "We can't comment on how other case was handled". I even sent them screenshots of my friends refund confirmation but still no help from iTunes store. I am not asking for all the money that I have spent on the game since I started playing but only the money that I have spent in past 3-4 months for that specific feature which is going to be nullified now. I need help.

I think it's ridiculous when you switch between accounts on iTunes that you have to wait 90 days to switch back. It shouldn't have a waiting period at all, nothing else does. Now I have had problems with other things as well, but they aren't terrible and I've never had anything happen like what has happened to some costumers. That I am happy about. I think that iTunes needs to step up their game because you can't rely on consumer loyalty if you treat them poorly.

Contacting Apple is ridiculous. It should not be legal for a company to keep you on hold for over 45 minutes to speak to a representative -- especially if you've just paid $400 for a phone!!! I've been on hold 46 minutes now to Apple about an iTunes question. Absurd!

I was overcharged for my Slacker Radio and iTunes told me they would reimburse me and they never did. They tried telling me it takes up to 10 days for my reimbursement to go back on my debit card. It only takes 2-3 days. I waited 2 hours on the phone for someone and then the iTunes rep tried telling me I never called in to speak to someone prior about this problem. I called the week before. I just love how they manipulate people, to try to cover their asses!!

Last year I purchased the At Bat app thru Apple. This year Apple tried to renew with the credit card I used last year, but I no longer had that card. I tried using other cards but had no luck. I ended up paying for the app through MLB.com. Now I cannot download any other apps and I cannot update any of my apps. The person at Apple that I have been communicating with tells me I have to pay for the app again even though the services of the app and not being provided by Apple but by MLB.com. There is no way I should have to pay Apple when they're not providing the service. No one will help me with this.

First, I'm trying to update my iTunes for several times now but it still would not update it. I'm still using the old version. Also in the past, I'd have to google how to do things because their options are hard to figure out. I'm not sure why they don't just put, 'import song, export song, backup phone, undo back up.' These are the basic things that anyone would like to do on their device. Try to open iTunes, for any beginner, it would be a search of a needle in a farm field to add a song to your iPhone.

The 7 main options up the top are not relevant to users at all. Options like "for you," "new," "radio," "connect" - what the heck??? Shouldn't be the options really be intuitive, meaning easy to decipher and addresses what a user mainly does??? Where's "add music to iPhone," "export songs from iPhone" etc.? Right of the bat, any user should see these tasks because these are the basics. I love my iPhone, pretty straightforward. But iTunes, it's an equation to solve.

It's really annoying with sync up. Just to import one single thing sometimes you may delete the photos. What this is, smartphone, overcomplicated, unnesssary.

How can Apple hold music you purchased from them hostage after payment has gone through? I purchased over 50 songs on iTunes months ago and now that my card has expired they won't let me listen to any of those songs until I have a new credit card on file. Is this legal? It has also happened to me in the past on songs I have purchase. They will not let me listen to them or load them from my account any longer. Can we start a class action suit against them? I'm certain I am not the only one this is happening too! Where is Steve J when you need him.

There is no customer service at iTunes these days. Make a purchase and wait and wait. Shows are available to buy by the episode but not available to those who bought the season in advance and they claim there is nothing they can do about it. I'm done with iTunes. No music, no movies, no podcasts and no TV is worth buying and then waiting until they can get their act together and make it available. The customer service attitude is "oh, too bad, but we can't do anything". If they don't have control over the iTunes purchases, then what do they control?

I admit when playing a game on iTunes I will opt for .99 cents to go on. Frequently will confirm purchase and then blocked access to game. Keep trying with charges racking up. No progress. I am so close to blocking all iTunes charges on my credit card. Are other people as dumb as I am.

After 5 years I have given up trying to keep my account online. After constant refusals to accept my ID and loss of music, it is very hard to remedy any problems. I have spent 3 months trying to get iTunes on my new laptop but I keep getting blocked by different obstacles. I would advise anyone to find another way to buy music.

I bought an iTunes Gift Card because I wanted to purchase music online, instead of downloading as most people seem to do these days. Well, to my surprise, being honest and paying doesn't work because when I tried to redeem the credit on my card, it didn't work. Since then I tried to contact Apple several times, I emailed them, but have received nothing but a general email back with a case number. This is really unacceptable. I've bought Gift Cards before and they always worked, it's really inexcusable that Apple can't get theirs to work and then doesn't even help their customers. This is theft! I will never buy an iTunes Card again. There are enough other websites that offer music, movies and books.

I called Apple's iTunes to help fix my iTunes sync issues... I had wait half hour to get through, the man had no knowledge on what to do and only tried to help me for about 5 minutes then right after said to call back tomorrow morning because they are closing. He didn't even reschedule a callback or apologize for wasting my time. HORRIBLE SERVICE!

My son received a gift card from his Aunt for xmas. He peeled off the security code and tried to redeem it. It had already been redeemed. Contacted Apple iTunes, they said it was redeemed in September 2015. The Aunty purchased it on Dec 23, 2015. iTunes said that another acct holder redeemed it. They can't do anything. Go back to the store it was purchased. The card was inside packaging, untampered with, not the store's fault. Obviously hackers. iTunes need to alter their gift card security.

Apple iTunes has extracted $14.98 and .99 out of my bank account again. They leave a number 1866-712-7753 that refers customers to a website that does not help and asks for account numbers and passwords. I never opened an account with them, therefore I don't have a password. All numbers on all of their websites say the same thing, meanwhile they have stolen money out of my bank account without my permission. I do not use iTunes and I have no account with them. They have stolen from many people and cannot be reached for retrieval of money. My bank will get this information of course. I'm just reporting this because they should not have the right to steal and have no contact numbers. Everyone does not have a computer or have time to go through this to get their money back.

My special needs son inadvertently set up 3 different iTunes accounts over the years, with thousands of songs in each account. He never wrote down the passwords or security questions, and now can't remember them. He is autistic, intellectually delayed and has always had memory issues. I have pleaded with them to please allow him access to his purchased songs, but no matter how much I beg and plead, they refuse to allow him access due to their security policy. This is not Fort Knox, for God's sake. These are HIS songs that HE paid for!!! I am so disgusted with them! They are heartless, money-hungry thieves that trick you into trusting that they are merely storing YOUR purchases.

I'm over iTunes running my songs and library. Your music go up with the clouds/smoke. You pay big money per song of them but sometimes you have bought the cd and need not buy it at say a ridiculous $2.+ a song again...??? I've spent thousands of dollars on CDs and music etc and iTunes really make it hard to let you download your own collection onto their devices and pcs, Mac, etc. You get the feeling you are been run by a dictatorship! Even cellphone shop salemans tell me "Nah they not worth it." And I can assure you I will go out it of my way to not support this flawed dictatorship of an iTunes setup and bring them down as far as humanly possible!! Very ** off. Ex customer...

Apple iTunes Company Profile