1.58/5

441 Apple iTunes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

I downloaded an app from the App Store to my iPhone, this app was listed as "free", there was no mention of any kind of in-app purchases. After I downloaded the app, when I attempted to use it, I found the app would not work at all until I purchased access for $60. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! I was surprised when the store said it was free, but $60 is far more than what I feel this is worth. I immediately removed the app. NOTE: I wanted to rate this "no stars" but this web page forced me to give it at least one star.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been a devoted iPhone user for over 10 years. I have had iPhone after iPhone since the first one came out. I have never had a problem with iTunes or Apple until this morning. I talked with a representative name Dipak. I had been attempting to purchase a .99 coin package on a game app. However the charge was never purchased I guess like 43.00 times. This man was very rude and not only was he not helpful, he basically came across as "I made my decision. Deal with it." It saddened me to say after all these years I will get rid of this iPhone and never purchase another product Apple makes. A company should not be able to just make up charges and overdraft a family’s account. And then treat you like nothing when you ask them to explain why this happened. Please someone do something about this man before Apple loses more customers due to his attitude.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I noticed unapproved charges on my account through a card I did not have connected to my iTunes account. I had a chat with a representative and they credited me only $19.99 of over $200 of fraudulent charges because of their guidelines which was not even explained. They were just sorry. Then all of a sudden my chat ends... So much for customer service. I think Apple is so big they do not care about customer loyalty. I will now pursue other means to have these fraudulent charges reversed. I was not even asking for all charges. Apple I am very disappointed in your customer service especially since I have been a customer for over 25 years.

Original review: April 19, 2019

There is a large number of selections as well as variety so one is pretty much guaranteed finding something one likes as well as items one isn’t interested in or in need of.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I installed the wrong version of iTunes, because I wanted the App Store on an earlier build. So I uninstalled it. But it had to uninstall four programs (bloatware) that iTunes installed on my computer which is windows based. I hear if it is an Apple computer it's much better for iTunes. But don't install on Windows! When I removed it, it crashed my keyboard function. I could not even log in! Luckily I am good with computers and put in a recovery disk which was able to restore to a previous restore point (I was lucky that there was one restore that was before iTunes was uninstalled). I almost lost my whole computer and had to reload Windows! I advise against anyone using this software on anything other than an Apple computer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: March 24, 2019

Sick to death of Apple. I have a household that uses iPads and iPhone (not myself but my kids) which is an important point. Apple products are great for kids, they like the setup and touch controls but an absolute nightmare for parents. Parental controls are rubbish, clearly designed by people who don't have kids, also when you do decide to purchase an app or in app you end up inputting your password and parental control pin code multiple times. Look once is plenty!

1 pin code entry then one password entry and I should be able to compete the purchase but oh no Apple need more apparently. Kids standing waiting on you for to dig out the password you wrote somewhere which has to be super efficient because the account is constantly being attacked by hackers, then it takes a minute to type the password in then you go through a few submenus and then password request pops again and then again oh and once more for good measure. If it's installing a new app yup another password for installation.

A new glorious annoyance with Apple is I tried to buy some Minecraft coins for my daughter. Did the same purchase in February with zero issues but come March it will not work. Minecraft coins don't show but Apple take your money. Contact Apple and they refund no problem.Contacted Minecraft and zero response. So uninstalled/reinstall Minecraft, checked my payment methods all look good and tried again. No coins so contacted Apple and suddenly they don't do refunds. Same issue but different result. Would appear it depends who you speak too at the help center. So now I'm out of money, kid unhappy with lack of in game currency (had zero problems with any other platforms when buying in game currency, always an Apple issue but they always blame the app makers, try looking at yourselves Apple, don't have this problem on Android or Microsoft or Sony). Sooner I can get my kids off iPads the better.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with a most unprofessional and discourteous 'senior advisor ' just affirms why I will NEVER own an Apple product in my lifetime nor my family and I will be telling everyone I know about the lack of service. I, a Samsung owner/user, had to call Apple iTunes today because someone stole my debit card information and used it to open an iTunes acct where they fraudulently charged 25.00 each on 8 transactions. My bank put a block on my account but advised I give a call. Barbie was super helpful and immediately disallowed my card and the account created with it, telling me the charges were under a pre-authorization and WOULD NOT GO THROUGH. Great, I thanked her and called my bank back to relay the information, should be easy right? Nope, not even a little!

I was informed that Apple either needed to fax their actions in writing or simply repeat it on a call that my bank representative was more than happy to initiate 3 way. Great again I thought. So wrong! After an hour and half and 4 inadequate reps later I landed with Tammy, another 'senior advisor" who literally told me every single thing Barbie had done for me was actually NOT true. Tammy stated she must have not known...um, what? So Apple just has all these representatives answering calls that HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO THEIR ** JOB? Wow, what a great company. Not only are they NOT refunding or voiding the 200.00 to my compromised card, Tammy states they will not fax any requested information to my bank so THEY can stop the charges. Such a scam!!

I am absolutely CONVINCED APPLE IS BEHIND THE FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY!! Ridiculous! What company confirms that I am not an Apple customer and refuses to refund stolen refunds? Worse, REFUSES to simply put on letterhead my name, which they have...with the last 4 digits of the compromised card, which they also have, and type that they release the pre-authorization for each fraudulent transaction so that the bank of the VICTIM can simply confirm it's a theft and stop the charges. SO APPALLED!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I've had Apple products for years and have overall been happy with my investment in the devices. I appreciate the hardware, that's why I've stuck with Apple, but some of their software makes me pull my hair out!! iTunes is constantly messing up my music, playlists, etc. I spend countless hours organizing my music into particular playlists and they will just disappear. I specifically and carefully employ certain settings so that my devices don't automatically sync. Yet, still thousands of songs will randomly turn up missing. This, I believe, is the fourth time this has happened!!! And I'm sick of it!!!

I've spent so much money with iTunes purchasing music, movies, TV series, etc., and I should feel secure in those purchases and not have to worry about things disappearing. I should NOT have to re-download and endlessly search for my music, and then spend another 80 hours organizing my music to get it back to how I had it. I've talked to countless friends who have switched to other music platforms because of the same exact problem. And I don't really want to switch, but I just can't waste my time anymore.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

iTunes has, in recent years, deteriorated to the extent that often during playback a song will skip a few bars - sort of like a stylus on an old vinyl jumping due to a scratch - and it does this several times during the song. Also if you select Apple Airplay in iTunes then the equalizer becomes disabled and selections made in options for a particular song no longer work. I expect more from iTunes at this stage in the 21 st century. Have eventually given up on iTunes now and stream Tidal music that works flawlessly. People have complained about this for over a year yet they’re too arrogant to bother fixing it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

iTunes is the most user-hostile program I have ever encountered. It is the way to get music into an iPod. With recent updates they made it so there is no way to back up iTunes to another computer in case this computer fails unless you have bought all your music from Apple. Another way to get money out of you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I really enjoy my iTunes. You can even put your CDs into your file from your computer. They have a nice choice of all kinds of music, books, tv and podcasts. I have used mine for over 5 years now. It works on Windows computers as well as Apple.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I am no longer able to actually "own" the music that I purchased. I have to retrieve it from the cloud and I have lost a lot of the music that I purchased. The user face is just awful. I would rather pay for Spotify or Pandora for listening to music.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

A charge starting appearing on my credit card from Apple iTunes. We did not order anything. After canceling it they charged my card again twice. I called and they refunded the 2 charges and then charged it again. I had to dispute it with my credit card company and get a different card number so they could not continuing charging it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

iTunes is very slow to download. I apparently have to download it on all my computers if I want to sync my Apple iPhone to get updates if my iPhone storage is to full on my iPhone. I recommend not to buy an iPhone.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Apple's advertising for these product applications does not inform subscribers that purchased content (DRM) is not compatible with these programs. They know this and still they sell it. If they or their management were to consider the reason for anyone to purchase this program, the reason in the majority of cases is so they can project the videos that they have purchased already on a larger screen. It would be of interest to people buying this application, What very limited videos would actually display for them on the larger screen -- not very many I think.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased a iTunes gift card for my son from Walmart on Kansas Expressway in Springfield, Missouri. He tried to use it and received a message that it had already been redeemed. I called iTunes customer service and want on the phone for half an hour waiting for them to help me. I talked with customer service and they indicated that the card had been redeemed. They put me on hold and talked to the I.T. department. I.T. came on the line and I explained again what had happened. They informed me that there was nothing they could do. They informed me that it was not refundable. I informed them that I paid $100.00 cash for the card and that I would have to eat the cost. I.T. said yes I would have to and nothing could be done. I called Walmart and was told that they couldn't help me either. Needless to say I am very PO'd about it. So please beware of purchasing these cards.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got a new phone and seen an ad on there about buying the VPN Go app. only $8.41 per month. I can afford that, but when I look at my online banking account they charged the whole 99.99 for a year. I have called 4 people and they hang up on me. And I cannot get in touch with anyone to cancel. Another rip off for me in two days.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Fraudulent company. They advertise, along with Napster, that you can download their songs for burning and ripping, but they only let you download songs into a private section in their app, and argue that it's legitimate and the same thing as a download because you can download it after clicking a download button and can play them out of streaming mode, and they advertise that it's useful and the same thing as a download because you can play the "downloads" when there's an internet outage or downtime out of streaming mode. However you cannot move your downloads into your computer's folders, or other parts of your computer, and you cannot exercise possession of the items, even though you paid for them. Company turned into a fraudulent advertisement front teaching bot for third party nationals and their inconvenience infliction cryptids. On the upside, it's prime and ripe for lawsuits and incarcerations against the corporate rogues.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've never seen such a slow or broken app. I wouldn't be surprised if they quit adding it to computers, as it seems like they've quit supporting the app already. It takes a solid 5 minutes to load on my brand-new Mac, and when it finally does, it takes 2-3 minutes to load the podcast, then 2-3 minutes to start playing each episode - minimum. Then it only plays 1-2 minutes of my podcast of choice before quitting. When it does quit, it does so without any memory of what we were just listening to, and does not even remotely try to reload the episode, making me have to stop what I'm doing and restart the episode from the beginning. Oh look at that - it just cut out again. Thank goodness Spotify has begun to carry podcasts, so that I can at least attempt to enjoy them.

Original review: July 24, 2018

There has been a charge on my iPhone for an annual membership of a fitness program which I don't use. As soon as the charge appeared, I initiated canceling it on my phone, realizing this was not what I intended to buy. Especially for one year membership and a fee of $99.99. I went under my "purchase history" and cancelled the subscription. I also called the bank and disputed the charge. Then I followed up by calling iTunes to make sure I was not paying for that. All of that happened end of May and June and I am still writing and calling with no resolution.

I have called several times, written several letters and argued my case with several managers since the charged appeared in May. The managers are rude and unprofessional and they tell me there is nothing they can do because it has been over 60 days since the charge appeared!!! That is a lie since I have been calling since day 2. They drag your case so days go by and they claim you are responsible for not pursuing your case. That is 100% lies. They are the most unprofessional and rude managers I have ever talked to. Instead of resolving your case, they argue and insult. They are liars. I know how hard I have tried to remove this charge on my end from day 2. Three managers either got disconnected or hang up on me but they never called back. I want to take them to small claim court and I don’t care how much more money this is going to cost me. This is a joke. They are thieves.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Apple/iTunes uses batch billing. As antiquated as it is, if you go over they block you from even your own cloud or any updates. As an Apple customer from way back I’m appalled and dropping all products.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I was sick of cd's and the radio while out driving distances so agreed a three month free trial and £9.99 per month after the free period. Which I assumed covered me to search for a song & add it to my playlist. After the free trial I noticed each month a payment of £9.99 was going to iTunes from my PayPal which I thought was normal. It wasn't until a while after I noticed some months another 2 payments of £9.99 were being taken 2 different dates of the month and random £1.99's and £3.99's were also being taken from my bank account. I notified the bank who cancelled the payments.

iTunes continued to take them so my bank had to cancel my card and issue me a new one. I have also reported iTunes to PayPal and cancelled the transaction with PayPal and cancelled iTunes altogether. I've tried constantly to rectify it. The only way I can get a response is via email. Firstly they said "different department can't comment on it for security reasons." I told them I want to know why they have taken it and I want it refunded, they just email back "what Matthew said was correct, you may have another email address that was charged." This means nothing, I didn't agree take what you want when you want. Please beware.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I received an alert that my card was charged over $60 to iTunes. I wasn't even home. Tried to call iTunes and was on hold for 40 minutes, while I was driving. I had to end the call, so I could immediately call my bank, have my card canceled, and dispute the unauthorized charge, to make sure no charges were made. My bank canceled my card, and the dispute was made. This was in May. I called Apple as soon as I returned home, and told them what happened. I told them these charges were on a different device, different ID, and I wasn't even home. I'm not on family sharing.

All of a sudden over a month later, my bank charged me again, because Apple said I made the charges, they had proof I was at my address??? What the heck, I wasn't even home (I have receipts to prove it). This is a bunch of BS. Now iTunes is telling me it's my bank's fault, and my bank is telling me it's iTunes'??? I called Apple, told them I had proof I wasn't home when these charges were made. Something needs to be done with this crooked company.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was recently noticed a charge from Apple that was taken from my checking account. The charge was for an Norton's for 29.99 that I never subscribed to. When they withdraw the funds from my acct it caused an overdraft fee of 35.00. I contacted Apple and was told, "We are sorry that was done in error and we will refund this within 10 days." As far as the overdraft fee I was on my own for their error. I was told I would be provided an email to provide to my bank to get the money back.

I never received the email and called back minutes later to be told that such email exists and hold on. I held for 20 mins until I was disconnected. So not only did you take money in error as you say you caused my acct to overdraft and cost me another 35 dollars in which again I have to take the time to call the bank and get this money put back in, also wait 10 days to get my own money back. This is the worst I have seen. Unacceptable customer service and poor management as far as withdrawing funds that were not authorized.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Earlier today I needed to purchase a navigation app for my new car. I purchased the app via my cell phone while at the dealership. There were a number of problems getting connected and I left with the issue unresolved. When I got home I attempted to call iTunes to get more information on the app and find out what additional cables were needed. I called about 5 times back to back, each time the same man answered the phone, and when I told him I had already made the purchase and didn't need to purchase anything, he hung up. After the 3rd attempt I called the number on both my home phone and my cell. The cell call was again cut off--because he probably recognized the number; however the same guy answered the call made from the home phone. When I started talking, he said "just a minute" and then played music--on hold I assume. The music played for at least 30 minutes, and eventually that call was disconnected as well.

If I have to go to iTunes, I'll just do without the product. All I needed was assistance for a product purchased from their site. They could have answered the question and been off the call in a matter of seconds. This was a mean-spirited individual, who after 5 calls, gives a pretty good representation of iTunes as a whole. I had thought that iTunes was more of a reputable company. My mistake, I will never use them for anything again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was in Rehabilitation (Sjogren's) during the period when over 1100.00 purchase was made from a non related child. I had no access to my phone at this time. Apple credited my $300 but the rest was made to be my loss. I'm just now able to attempt to address the issues, due to it has been a long road of recovery for me. I have tried to have Apple reimburse a few more of my charges and they refused. Some that were made within 60 days. I was told they only do it out of courtesy and all charges are non refundable. That would be different if I was the one who made the purchases I would understand. But I did not do it. This taking advantage of someone who's unable to work and lives on a fixed income. Very terrible situation with no way to resolve the problem. Basically they're telling me we are keeping your money no matter who authorized the charges. Robbery.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Apple has charged me 320 dollars for no fault of mine while replacing my iPhone in Express Replacement program. What's worse? They charged me an additional 30 dollars for the Express Replacement which is also not fair since I had to go to an Apple store to replace the product (The one they sent me was broken). They have really gone overboard with profit making and I am very dissatisfied with the entire experience. Basically do not expect any support from Apple in case you have trouble with your phone, like battery issues (within warranty too). Android phones are way better off nowadays along with better support.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My child unfortunately made charges without me knowing through my Apple store under the game toy blast, it was a whole month worth before I found that I was $358 missing from my account. I then worked with Apple. Gave them all the transaction order numbers, amounts, dates and how much was purchased for them to say a big fat, "No. We will not refund you!" I pay attention to my child but here you have a child with these bright colors and asking, "Do you want more coins!" Of course. Who doesn't! I did budgeting wise would want to spend that much on a game!!! NOPE.

I am disappointed and frustrated. Have a password but it is a password for the family as we share the iPad... my child is big enough to play game but small to not understand he is purchasing coins with ACTUAL money. Apple thinks different and will rob you of your money in every which way possible. I have been emailing them for a few weeks to nip this in the bud before it got out of control. No response until it got to this much! Do they actually think a adult who works full-time a single mom (not that makes a difference) but it does for with Apple.

Original review: March 14, 2018

They will rob you blind. Stole $1100.00 from by debit cards via iTunes! This company! This company is complete garbage. They put us through hell to get our fraudulent charges that their billing department made we think intentionally!

Original review: March 13, 2018

My son that is 12 ordered free apps but were actually on a free trial period. He's had his account about 5 years so no children account option available at the time. Therefore, I had no parental control. Started receiving charges. Call Apple support and inform them of the issue. They would credit the money back to my bank account and tell us the problem was resolved and we wouldn't see any more charges. What started out about $2 is now up to $56! Today I call to try and figure out how to get to the root of the problem so there won't be any issues. First call is 26 minutes, was placed on hold while the rep credited my account and was to send links on all the ways I can prevent the issue only for her to disconnect the call and not call back.

Call a second time, call last 38 minutes with a rep and supervisor. I was told the previous call a supervisor denied the refund because I've been credited previously. Said in the notes I've received information on how to correct the issues when in reality I had not. Nasty supervisor and by the end of the call she says she can't discuss the account because he's listed as an adult even though she understands he's 12! Are you serious Apple?! She refuses to help any further. So in order for me to dispute the $56 in charges that will reoccur monthly I have to cancel the debit card and dispute the charges with the bank. Problem is, it's my husband's card and he's out of town on business so that would leave him without any funds and he has to be the one to cancel and complete the paperwork anyways. I had previously deleted the card off my son's phone but that also removed it from being able to track.

Can't have that, as the tracking option has saved his phone from a person that stole it last year. In order for me to gain control of his phone I had to lie about his age, and make him 13. No help to Apple support with that either as they didn't provide the information. I've now done everything on my end to stop the charges and just want my money back and I'm only asking for the month of March! We had deleted the apps but didn't realize that doesn't matter. I don't think a 12 year old kid should be able to make purchases! My husband told Apple on the phone they didn't have our authorization to take any funds from our account but we found out the hard way it didn't matter. Due to Tammy (the rude supervisor) I'm making a complaint, which I told her I would be and she didn't care!

Apple iTunes Company Information