Apple iTunes
3.01/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Apple iTunes

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 9, 2018

409 Apple iTunes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Billed incorrect amount a few times and there was fraudulent activity on my account and iTunes disabled my ID... I have been trying to obtain a new ID for more than 5 days now without success. They are the worse!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I downloaded NBA app but was being billed through iTunes. I cancelled subscription but was billed the next month. When contacting them they claimed I didn’t cancel within 24 hours of when subscription was to be billed for the monthly fee. However I told them I cancelled within 48 hours before bill was due. They basically ignored my email and said they will take care of the cancellation. Following month I was billed for what said “resubscribed “. I never resubscribe so I emailed support and they said, “Oh I understand your frustration blah blah blah.” I had to basically curse them out and they finally said they will refund me.

However in that email it said I just still cancel subscription and they included step by step instructions on how to cancel (even though I never resubscribed). I went step by step and got to area that said subscription but there was no cancellation link! There was an area that said I will be billed monthly and to click on I agree with the terms. Then Apple iTunes ignored my emails because I once again told them to cancel the stupid subscription already so I can be done with them. So I had to take matters in my own hands and cancel my credit card to get a new number and it also has a new billing address so now I can’t be billed for charges that I never subscribed to! Awful business I def will NOT ever be using iTunes again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

On Monday I found 23 bucks missing billed from iTunes on my account. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes they said they would refund me in 6-7 business days. So it’s ok to take my money collect interest for 7 days and give it back saying it’s an accident!!?? Then when I got mad the lady said, "Ok we can refund in 23 hours." It’s now Thursday and nothing. And when I got mad the lady said she would let me speak to a manager and we conveniently got disconnected. Now I’m on hold again. This is my money it’s not right!!! How many people have been charged money by this company and not noticed!?? I bet thousands of people have been gouged.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

These people double billed my family account repeatedly over several months. When confronted they failed to make it right knowing the charges were for the same amount within second of the duplicate charge by the same IP and piece of equipment. Instead they chose to punish the customer for the complaint and locked the Apple ID from even downloading FREE apps already on the cloud for the user. I only have 2 users on this family account, my wife and I. She never buys from iTunes. So I kicked myself off her Apple account as a family sharing and iTunes asked for a new payment card on my account. I entered it and made one (1) purchase carefully of credits on an app. Looked at my iPhone bank app and boom, again they billed it two (2) times within minutes!!! You got to be kidding me, I thought. How bold are these pirates?

I'm putting them on my pirate list forever now, that has to include cancelling both debit cards as they will not let you remove them from your accounts. Never purchasing again no matter how badly I want an app, and looking for new equipment manufactured by more honest companies. My advise to you is God help you if they decide to cheat you using Apple Pay or iTunes. They will just laugh in your face once they convert your money out of your bank. And customer service is tragic (send us an email, we won't answer if you question piracy from your account). If I could give 0 stars I would most certainly have done so!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've always been lead to believe that Apple products are always superior to competing ones. Based on my experiences with iTunes, I'm not impressed and I don't like it as much as Spotify.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

A couple of weeks ago I saw double billing several times on my debit card. It's on Family Sharing and assumed they billed both id's. Emailed them stating quit stop stealing! They then locked me out of the store to download anything stating on a screen prompt your plan disputed a charge. REALLY? So why would that keep our plan from future purchases? We should have but did not dispute the charge at our bank. I immediately powered off my new iPad mini and will put it in the trash and since I have new phones also pay the contracts and use another manufacturer's phones. The issue is Apple has gotten too big for their britches and treats customers as slaves to them. Move on as I will to a better manufacture who doesn't want to be your lifeline banker and mother!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I signed up for iTunes to have music for car trips. I didn't know that I would not be able to put that music on my iPod once I purchased it. So now, I have all this music that I can only listen to in my office.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

iTunes worked fine on my computer until I updated to Windows 10 at which time it stopped working. I could no longer access it. After much research I followed suggestions to completely delete iTunes from my computer then reload. I received error messages that would not allow me to successfully install iTunes. This is completely frustrating as I am now unable to access my music library and update playlists on my iPod Shuffle. I even tried to download iTunes to a laptop computer but received the same error message.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have contacted iTunes repeatedly because every time I try to redeem a gift card I run into a problem. They have done nothing to address this. My solution is to buy songs from Amazon instead. Also, why do these idiots format the jewel case insert as white on blue? Either they don't realize that it wastes a lot of expensive color ink or they don't care. Or both. All in all, iTunes support is about the same as the rest of Apple support - poor at best, non-existent at worst.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Great service, prices could be a little lower but love the ease of downloading music. I'm able to use on at least three different Apple or Mac devices which works perfectly for me.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I just love the choices of music you can listen to. I found a lot of old songs from my younger years. Very happy with the service I have gotten and all the selections to choose from.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I'm a long-time user of iTunes and it's been wonderful. I'm not big on their current or new features, but it does what I want it to, and that's fine for me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Selection was great. What I did not care for was before I had chance to renew, it was like music was there one day next day music downloaded was gone. That's why wasn't renewed.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The music quality is mediocre, songs that is supposed to have strong bass does not come out with strong bass. It sounds more like the old transistor fm radio.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I've had iTunes for over 10 years. Their selection of music is incredible and my only complaint is that they didn't archive my purchases over the years so if I ever lost my music, I would only be able to retrieve the songs I bought recently.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Customer service is hard to get ahold of and long wait times! Have had problems downloading music and double billing. Have also had to call them several times and get the runaround.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

iTunes is a user friendly service that unfortunately doesn't have many of the older songs. Of course the popular songs are pricey. Also the ring tones are expensive, they cost as much as the songs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I miss the old iTunes. Being prompted to join Apple Music every time I just want to listen to my music is downright awful. I do not care for the fact that the Apple juggernauts forced their streaming service on their users.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

iTunes pretty much runs my computer so I use it a lot. Their music selection and ease in perusing and purchasing make it extremely user friendly. I especially like the fact that I can purchase music from The Voice.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I enjoyed downloading with iTunes. It may have a little faults at times, but what company does not. iTunes has excellent customer service and I would recommend it for downloading music.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My experience with iTunes consists solely of downloading purchased music content. I have downloaded both an entire album and individual tunes from various albums.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

A charge of $1.27 appeared on my Visa statement from iTunes on Oct 13 that I didn't recognize. On Nov 2, 2017 I went to my iTunes account to see what it was for. It wasn't there. Chat and a phone call that had to go through 3 departments (with a wait each time, and each wanting the same info from me) resulted, an hour later, in the answer that someone had "linked" their account to mine. They had made the purchase which appeared on their iTunes account, but not mine, and had been charged to my credit card. Apple wouldn't tell me the name of the person but they did confirm it wasn't my husband. Apple said they would unlink the account and refund my $1.27. Needless to say, if this person or group can link an account to mine they can probably link an account to anyone's. $1.27 times a billion iTunes accounts… But we don't know what they bought or who they are because Apple said it has to protect their privacy.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I like listening to old and new music and I have gotten pretty good music selections. I enjoy music and I listen depending on my mood that day. Good choices.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

iTunes is easy to use. It has all types of music for everyone. It’s a 5 Star experience. You can create playlists which is amazing and it make for a great personal touch.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I chose the overall scale of 1 to 5 to be 5 the greater because of the quality of service that go with being on top with digital music service. Having a lot of account features to add to the newly design of objects they carry a lots of sound. Having a more complex material user experience within the section that has the best overall successful music selection. How every the to make a device in the digital music field become a competition to be the top and the most valuable consumer experience to the fact of lost costing facts of life. Also digital music play a great impact on how sound build up goes in different places in the world.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Transferring music from iTunes to an Android device is always not straightforward. After purchasing the music, you should be allowed to do what you want to do with it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I used to listen to iTunes all the time. Since they made it near impossible to listen to any decent music without paying a fee and/or without advertisements every other, if not after every, song, I don't bother, at all. If they've changed away from that formatting, I wouldn't know. Haven't seen or heard anything and haven't gone on iTunes in close to a year! That's how much I dislike paying $$ on top of $$.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Love the wide range and pricing. Easy to choose and download. It crosses to other devices seamlessly. Don't like the player that seems to upgrade weekly though.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Too expensive and feel like I'm stuck with them once I have a large number of iTunes. I dislike the platform and how you are forced to look at songs you may not be interested in.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

iTunes fits my needs. I find it very easy to find the recordings that I want and find the price to be extremely reasonable. User-friendly and more so now than in prior years.

Apple iTunes Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use