Apple iMac

Apple iMac
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5

Apple iMac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iMac?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have an iMac all in one desktop. I really like this computer. The only issue I have, and others I spoke with have, is transitioning from Windows to Mac. I use my computer primarily for paying bills, emails, surfing the net for current events and occasionally creating a document in Pages. I have said that this is more computer than I need and if I had to replace it I may or may not replace it with another Apple product. If you are a techno geek looking for a strong computer, I highly recommend the iMac. If you are older, like me, you may want to shop around as you may not need this much computer.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I spent a professional working life using PCs since the early 1990s. Our son started using the home PC from around 1999. Experience at home and at work had us conditioned to wait 5-11 minutes after start up until actually being able to use the thing. Since 2012, and after reeducation by our son, we now have our second Mac. The first one got replaced 2 years ago by an up to date MacBook Air. It is totally reliable, and very fast. Each day, from switch on to active takes less than 30 seconds. Battery lasts all day. Small, light, and excellent graphics. For the few extra $$ it is frustration free value for money.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Mac laptops used to be more reasonably priced. Their recycling program used to give more back for your laptop (not that it was much to begin with but it helped, now they give back 1/3 out of a few hundred). The upgrade in the recent year made laptops thinner but I prefer bulky to the lack of compatibility with other electronic equipment. There is no standard usb so I had to get an adapter. I can’t plug it into my tv because they keep changing that aspect. I may just switch to PC again if they don’t add standard USBs that work with most electronics. It would make their product a heck of a lot better if they become mindful of that so Mac laptops are easy to connect with other electronic devices.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Once you learn how to use a Mac, they are very easy to use. Poke around and see how things work. Click on the Apple menu and then go down to System Preferences to learn how to customize your iMac. Buy an external drive that is at least 2x the size of your hard drive, plug it in and the Mac will ask you if you want to use it to back up your computer using Time Machine. It's great! Do it! Learn to use Apple Pages for word-processing. It's free. Learn how to use the browser, Safari. It's fast. Need to learn more? Do a search for Mac OS User Guide and it will walk you through the use of your computer. Learn how to use Siri. It can do all kinds of things for you like let you look at your calendar, create an appointment, check the weather, and open applications.

Original review: June 5, 2020

It is really easy to use, and helps a lot with school projects since I do a lot of editing on iMovie and have to use it to upload everything to school sites. It works nicely with WiFi and mobile hotspots, and doesn't disconnect out of nowhere like some others would. It has a lot of storage so I don't have to worry about keeping school work saved, and usually uploads very fast to OneDrive and other places, and the layout for that is generally good. It compliments the functionality of Office365, which again works well with school work, so it has made everything a lot easier. Would recommend!

Original review: July 3, 2020

Expensive, but the best. I've had a number of computers, dating back to the beige Hewlett-Packard. The most recent was a higher-end Dell, but I came back to the Apple iMac. Did I say the best? Best, in this case being a relative term...

Original review: July 2, 2020

It is hard to navigate & pop-ups just don't go away. I have to pull these to the bottom of the screen. My old Toshiba is better than this, but as it is old it's too slow. I would think that the amount of money spent on this Apple Mac would be easier to manage all files.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Every upgrade seems to create more problems and expenses. The last upgrade forced me to pay for a new Microsoft Word program if I wanted access to my older files. I've learned to only deal with high level service people because others have created problems I never had before. I'm still having problems with Parallels, which was installed when I purchased this computer, but Apple is telling me they can't help me.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I love my Mac! From the processing to the aesthetics. It is seamless in design, light, and easy to take everywhere. I also love that it connects to my iPhone, speakers, and TV. I can use it for all of my professional and personal uses. I use the MacBook Pro and love it so much. I will never go back to another version besides Apple.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Apple products are more expensive but they are worth it. I have bought and used other tech company products but none can compare with the quality and performance of Apple computers. I hope that their success does not encourage them to forgo quality for increased profits.

Apple author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Apple iMac is Apple’s desktop computer. These computers combine display and CPU into one unit and focus on interconnectivity, high definition display and an easy-to-use interface and operating system.

• All-in-one computers: The iMac is an all-in-one computer that combines display, processor, storage and more in one device. This keeps a tangle of cords and cumbersome pieces to a minimum.

• Retina display: The iMac’s display screen is called the Retina. Some iMac Retina display models are capable of producing 4K or 5K resolution, the sharpest images on the market.

• Device integration: Consumers who also own an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad tablet can integrate these devices to share apps and data. It can centralize user’s data and sync with the iCloud to keep data accessible from any device.

• Fusion Drive: Apple’s Fusion Drive combines the storage space of a standard hard drive with the speed of a flash drive. It keeps boot times and app operations fast and responsive.

• Energy efficiency: The iMac is built with energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in mind. Its low power requirements and construction from about 30 percent of recycled materials make it a good computer option for environmentally-conscious consumers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team