Apple iMac

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Apple iMac Shop Now on Amazon

Shop Now on Amazon

Apple iMac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iMac?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have an iMac all in one desktop. I really like this computer. The only issue I have, and others I spoke with have, is transitioning from Windows to Mac. I use my computer primarily for paying bills, emails, surfing the net for current events and occasionally creating a document in Pages. I have said that this is more computer than I need and if I had to replace it I may or may not replace it with another Apple product. If you are a techno geek looking for a strong computer, I highly recommend the iMac. If you are older, like me, you may want to shop around as you may not need this much computer.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I spent a professional working life using PCs since the early 1990s. Our son started using the home PC from around 1999. Experience at home and at work had us conditioned to wait 5-11 minutes after start up until actually being able to use the thing. Since 2012, and after reeducation by our son, we now have our second Mac. The first one got replaced 2 years ago by an up to date MacBook Air. It is totally reliable, and very fast. Each day, from switch on to active takes less than 30 seconds. Battery lasts all day. Small, light, and excellent graphics. For the few extra $$ it is frustration free value for money.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Mac laptops used to be more reasonably priced. Their recycling program used to give more back for your laptop (not that it was much to begin with but it helped, now they give back 1/3 out of a few hundred). The upgrade in the recent year made laptops thinner but I prefer bulky to the lack of compatibility with other electronic equipment. There is no standard usb so I had to get an adapter. I can’t plug it into my tv because they keep changing that aspect. I may just switch to PC again if they don’t add standard USBs that work with most electronics. It would make their product a heck of a lot better if they become mindful of that so Mac laptops are easy to connect with other electronic devices.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Once you learn how to use a Mac, they are very easy to use. Poke around and see how things work. Click on the Apple menu and then go down to System Preferences to learn how to customize your iMac. Buy an external drive that is at least 2x the size of your hard drive, plug it in and the Mac will ask you if you want to use it to back up your computer using Time Machine. It's great! Do it! Learn to use Apple Pages for word-processing. It's free. Learn how to use the browser, Safari. It's fast. Need to learn more? Do a search for Mac OS User Guide and it will walk you through the use of your computer. Learn how to use Siri. It can do all kinds of things for you like let you look at your calendar, create an appointment, check the weather, and open applications.

Original review: June 5, 2020

It is really easy to use, and helps a lot with school projects since I do a lot of editing on iMovie and have to use it to upload everything to school sites. It works nicely with WiFi and mobile hotspots, and doesn't disconnect out of nowhere like some others would. It has a lot of storage so I don't have to worry about keeping school work saved, and usually uploads very fast to OneDrive and other places, and the layout for that is generally good. It compliments the functionality of Office365, which again works well with school work, so it has made everything a lot easier. Would recommend!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased Macbook Air in 2019, this was my first Apple device. I was really excited when I purchased it. The design was amazing. It costed around 1500 USD, but in my mind it was worth it. In September 2020, it stopped working all of a sudden. It's in excellent condition, but it doesn't work. It didn't fall, I did not spill water over it, it just stopped working. Now Apple wants another 500 USD, to fix it, since I didn't purchase Apple Care. I have decided to buy a new laptop instead, I simply do not understand the craze. I will not be buying Macbook again. When I come to think of it, it's slow as well compared to other laptops in similar price range. Hope this was helpful.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I really enjoy the ease of use and the quality of media when I play it. I only wish the laptop screen was bit bigger. It is light and easy to carry which as my work computer is very beneficial as I took it to and from.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

My original (and very first) Mac Mini was purchased in early 2013. I upgraded in September 2020. First (and most importantly), I feel much more secure from cyber criminals while using a Mac. I do utilize an antivirus software regardless. The other (and second most important issue) is SUPPORT. There is a lot to be said about Apple supported products. The frustration level in using Apple devices is very low. Even if an Apple store is not available to you, there is the option of online support or telephone support. However you decide to solve your issues, they will be resolved or Apple will pursue it until it is.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This powerhouse of a computer has a small footprint and modest cost. The Apple Mac Mini can use any wired or wireless keyboard and mouse or trackpad and modern monitor or TV. It works seamlessly, genuinely plug and play, with all Apple accessories as well as third party peripherals. The pre-installed software means no spending extra $$$ to have it do what you want. There is plenty of power to run my 50" smart TV. What's not to love?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I purchased a new Mac mini and so far I am really enjoying it. The size of the unit is really neat and the option to add external graphics is something I may take advantage of it the future. I did pay to upgrade to the better processor, but I upgraded the RAM myself. It is incredibly responsive and the ability to connect 3 1440p displays is very nice.

Apple author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Apple iMac is Apple’s desktop computer. These computers combine display and CPU into one unit and focus on interconnectivity, high definition display and an easy-to-use interface and operating system.

• All-in-one computers: The iMac is an all-in-one computer that combines display, processor, storage and more in one device. This keeps a tangle of cords and cumbersome pieces to a minimum.

• Retina display: The iMac’s display screen is called the Retina. Some iMac Retina display models are capable of producing 4K or 5K resolution, the sharpest images on the market.

• Device integration: Consumers who also own an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad tablet can integrate these devices to share apps and data. It can centralize user’s data and sync with the iCloud to keep data accessible from any device.

• Fusion Drive: Apple’s Fusion Drive combines the storage space of a standard hard drive with the speed of a flash drive. It keeps boot times and app operations fast and responsive.

• Energy efficiency: The iMac is built with energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in mind. Its low power requirements and construction from about 30 percent of recycled materials make it a good computer option for environmentally-conscious consumers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team