Apple iMac
3.87/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Apple iMac

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

473 Apple iMac Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Since using my first Macintosh, I found it to be a great value, easy to use, consistent menus and dropdowns in every program. Since then I now have a MacBook Pro, iPad, (2) iPhone 6s Plus, and an Apple TV. Everything is uniform across each device. Especially the ability to copy from one device and paste into another device. The most important part that I REALLY like, is I get to speak to Americans who speak great English. And the ability to chat or talk. I sure wish more people used the Apple software products; Keynote, Pages and Word.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I love my Mac. With one exception, Apple send a lot of updates. Which, if I continue to install uses up a lot of memory and eventually slows down the speed of the laptop. So, while it could work for years, Apple intentionally obsoletes the laptop's operating system so that it becomes necessary to purchase new equipment every few years.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have used MACs since they released the first PC. Over the years, I've only experienced a hard disk failure which Apple fixed. The computing speeds have advanced faster than I found needed for what I do. So I've been buying MACs about three-five years as software changes forced me to advance. My old Macs (still working well) I gave to friends and family. Astonishingly, I've received only one failure report --- a power supply. My adult son repaired it with a kit some years ago, and it's been performing well since. The current computing speed of my newest Mac is really impressive and the hard drive (1 Gig plus SSD) seems instantaneous. The 27 inch monitor is a joy!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I do feel the customer service has deteriorated since Jobs' death. I bought my first Mac in 1993 so I’ve got a lot of experience. The product is generally excellent but if you have any problems you’re put off onto some kid who thinks he knows it all and many of them are actually offensive these days. I’ll go to a deep net search before reaching out to tech support. I hate to see this happening.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I have been an Apple customer since 2013; my iMac went out of warranty in 2016. Yet, still, 5 years after I bought my iMac, Apple Customer Service Support Advisors continue to accommodate my requests for technical support. They are ALWAYS professional, patient, understanding and willing to stay on the phone or on chat with me until my issue is resolved if they can come up with a solution which they normally do in 98% of cases. I cannot say enough good things about them. If I am not happy with the results I am getting from the first tier support level, they are more than happy to refer me to a Senior Advisor. The next time you are vacillating about which operating system to buy, consider Apple; you won't be disappointed in their technical support program!

Unlike Microsoft who makes you pay for each new operating software package, Mac OS is upgraded and updated free for life! I also find that Microsoft Technical Support is limited to just so many months of technical support after you buy the lasted Windows operating system and the level of dedication to their customers comes nowhere near that of Apple. I should know, I run both operating systems and I have a lot experience with both Technical Support staffs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I bought 2 iMac Pros last year. To start off, the computer comes with terrible design decisions, one of them being the mouse. The only way to recharge the mouse is by plugging the cable under it, making it impossible to work if your mouse batteries dies and you forget to charge it the night before. A couple of days ago my iMac Pro's operating system completely failed. My computer froze and went to a black screen. I took the computer in to try to fix the issue and they told me that they would have to wipe out my hard drive in order to fix the operating system failure.

Since I had important data that had not been backed up, they told me to take it to one of their partners to recover my data. After paying almost $300 to recover my lost data due to their unreliable operating system, I was told that the way the new iMac Pro was built made it almost impossible to recover data through transfer or by removing the hard drive.

Apple employee did not give a crap about my situation or even try to enlighten me after paying almost $20,000 dollars for 2 iMac Pros. Their lack of empathy, and understanding got me really frustrated. They kept transferring to other departments and even to their manager only to hang up on me after I kept insisting on finding a solution for this situation. I've been an Apple customer for 20 years now, and this has definitely changed my respect for this company.

Purchasing the iMac Pro has been my biggest regret up to this day. Seems like every operating system just keeps getting worse and worse, especially for designers. Apple doesn't care if you bought their top product, all they care about is repeating their policy to you, which basically says, "We don't give a ** if our operating system died on you, we won't take any responsibility for it." If you value your money, stay away from this product.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

August 23, 2019 Don't buy Apple computer, this is my 2nd year I had Apple computer. They hacked it 2x now. They erased all my documents on my desktop. Then this time they did it again which a year later. They also deleted some of my important folder. If you have Apple computer make sure you don't have anything important on your desktop. You many never see them again. Suggestion back them up. And read the Apple computer reviews from last year. Don't buy their Apple phone. They are spying on your conversation and can use it against you!!!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

I bought the iMac to replace my six year old PC that was a slug. I told the Apple person online that I needed a fast machine. She recommended the iMac and told me it would be very fast. It's not. It's a worse slug than my old PC. I worked with Apple online and I also took this POS to the Apple store and I was told that it was fine, after they finagled around with it for a while. It's not fine. It can take a minute to bring up a program after you click on the icon. I can't put the Mac version of Windows programs on here because they conflict. I paid $1700 for this, thinking I was upgrading. No, I wasn't. My six year old PC is faster than this slug. What a waste of money. Please don't waste yours.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This computer has been a joy to use. This was my second Apple computer, after a old 2008 Macbook. The only issues I encountered was issues with Bootcamp (solved by downgrading to 10.14.1) and sticky keys (My fault from a spill, bought a new Magic Keyboard.) And that's it. Overall a great computer, recommended.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My recent iMac purchase (December 2018) has been a great disappointment. I bought the new iMac only because my previous iMac’s monitor started showing vertical lines. However, the computer CPU worked fine with an external monitor. Repairing the monitor was too expensive with no guarantee leaving me no choice but to buy a new iMac.

Immediately after I bought the new iMac, it started showing blue screen! After I got iMac fixed at an Apple Store, I started having problems with the iCloud. Signing in or signing out from the iCloud has not been erratic. For signing in it keeps asking for the password or once signed in I cannot terminate the program or cannot make any changes in preferences. On two separate occasions I tried having this problem resolved by the Apple Support team, each time was a futile attempt. Every time I spent almost an hour with the support personnel. At one time I was told that the problem could be Microsoft software!

I would have thought that by now the Apple would have taken cared of this problem as many people encounter similar problem. It is almost last three months that I have not able to use iCloud. How much faith should we have in the Apple Support team in solving this issue? I stopped calling them. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

The second problem is with the connection of Apple wifi mouse and keyboard. They keep disconnecting while starting/restarting the computer. Instead of wifi I tried using bluetooth mouse and keyboard, but the problem does not go away. Sometimes the connection gets lost for several minutes while I am sitting to resume my work. What a waste of time! Now I am using the obsolete wired mouse and keyboard to use my new iMac. Apple products use to be great, but of lately I see many issues with the products as well as its software. My trust with Apple is declining rather fast.

Apple expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Apple iMac is Apple’s desktop computer. These computers combine display and CPU into one unit and focus on interconnectivity, high definition display and an easy-to-use interface and operating system.

• All-in-one computers: The iMac is an all-in-one computer that combines display, processor, storage and more in one device. This keeps a tangle of cords and cumbersome pieces to a minimum.

• Retina display: The iMac’s display screen is called the Retina. Some iMac Retina display models are capable of producing 4K or 5K resolution, the sharpest images on the market.

• Device integration: Consumers who also own an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad tablet can integrate these devices to share apps and data. It can centralize user’s data and sync with the iCloud to keep data accessible from any device.

• Fusion Drive: Apple’s Fusion Drive combines the storage space of a standard hard drive with the speed of a flash drive. It keeps boot times and app operations fast and responsive.

• Energy efficiency: The iMac is built with energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in mind. Its low power requirements and construction from about 30 percent of recycled materials make it a good computer option for environmentally-conscious consumers.

• Best for: Apple iMac is best for users who own other Apple devices, families and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs