Apple iMac
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Apple iMac

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

409 Apple iMac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I love the reliability of my Apple products and especially my iMac. Apple support is fantastic, if I have a question or problem. I did not find this with my other brand.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have been using Macs for years and also use a PC at work, and the Mac has so much more to offer, even though it does cost more. Can't really complain about the machines, never had any trouble with one.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've had the iMac and MacBook for about seven years. The MacBook failed this year and I was very disappointed about it, but the iMac still proves to be useful and in good shape.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I have been a Mac user for several years and what I like the most is the way that their hardware and software fit seamlessly together. I also use an iPhone and find the entire Mac ecosystem's ease of use to be of great benefit.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I've been using Apple computers since the mid-90's. I started when I saw the things the Mac could do that the Windows PC's couldn't. While I know that no company or brand can be perfect I've been more than happy with all the Apple products I've used over the years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We have had our Mac for years. It's very user friendly, great support from Apple (in store and on the phone). Everyone in the family owns one. Very Happy with the product!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Our iMac is nine years old. It's on all day, it is used for everything from graphics to statistical number crunching and math. We will replace it with another this year. No problems, ever.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Compared to a broad range of windows-based PCs I've used over the past 30 years, my iMac has provided more consistent performance with far fewer crashes, viruses (I do use Norton as well as Mac protection) and integrated hardware/Software satisfactory performance.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have had this Apple iMac for a long time. It is somewhat dated but still does what I want it to do, so need to upgrade. It's dependable and seemingly indestructible.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

They're powerful, bug free, extremely easy to use but Microsoft has spent billions trying to provide the simple intuitive interface and still falls short with their unstable, bug ridden system.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

For all Computer workplace, home office, and all other personal purposes this is the computer brand that most consumers and businesses rely on most in all areas of performance and reliability, the brand also can be purchased in a cost-effective manner. The Apple computer operating system is more user friendly now more than ever. When used in conjunction with other brands, not that it needs the use, like Microsoft, Dell and others it is the best brand to prevent needing a backup plan, not that any of the other brands mentioned or only used as a backup plan. They all can hold their own in any manner.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Have had the iMac with 21" Screen for 5 yrs. It works great and the Apple Customer Support is outstanding when needed. All peripherals connect easy, it is a little pricey though.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This is our 3rd Mac not to mention our iPads and iPhones and we wouldn't buy anything else. The customer service is compared to none, no matter how old your Mac is. The representatives are very patient and truly make you feel there are no ridiculous questions and they will explain things until you thoroughly understand your issue. They have even called me back on occasion to make sure everything is working fine.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Simple computers should serve the people. This has always been the Apple credo. I can purchase a three year service contract from Apple on a new machine that's cost effective and offers home repair. Try doing that at Best Buy or other stores. Their policy is drop it off and wait until they get parts or send it out for repair. I have had my iMac for several years and the only repair has been a computer mouse.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I bought a used iMac and I have enjoyed it very much. I have an older G5 that I have had since 2005 and it is still running. The only problem is that there are no updates available on that computer and it is becoming antiquated because of it. I would hope that Apple could provide system updates long as their computers would last, and be useful longer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Like most Apple Computer products, the iMac is a great computer, easy to use, a joy to own and just keeps working. From the elegance and ease of use of its operating system to the well thought-out hardware and software.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Apple is a great computer and is very friendly, great support. The one I have is a Mac Mini as the space where the computer is located in my working area is very small. I will recommend this for everyone and I will buy me another one hopefully in the next year.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Apple is a good computer, however I feel that they are overpriced and there is not enough software written for Apple. Accounting, payroll, inventory.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I love Mac products and have been using them since the name Mac became a household item... over 30 years. Mac is the leader in computer technology, most advanced, most user friendly, best quality and incredible design.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My iMac 27 inch got fried by a power surge. I had to buy a new one. The operating system on the old Mac was OS X El Capitan (version 10.11.6). The new Mac came with version 10.12.6. That version would not recognize Seagate external hard drives I had been using. I spent about 7 hours trying to get the issue resolved. The drives worked fine on my iBook (it was using 10.11.6). The drives worked fine at the tech support provider I use (they were also using an older version of OS X.)

I spent about 4 hours on the phone with Apple Support over the course of 2 days. I talked to 5 different agents. Finally a senior agent acknowledged that the problem was in the software of versions 10.11.6 and the new High Sierra OS (version 10.13). During this process, the agents asked me to upgrade to version 10.13 because they said it would solve the problem. It didn't. To further add to my frustration, the new versions of the operating system ran much slower than the old version. My advice: Don't upgrade to Apple's new operating systems or buy a new Mac until Apple gets their software problems solved.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My wife and I have always been Mac users, since the mid-80's, long before the company's unrivaled success with both computers and phones. The high quality of hardware, the ease of use of its software, and the reliability of their equipment continues to amaze. Simply put, though pricey, Apple equipment lasts and lasts and easy to use. Our son is a scriptwriter and photographer in LA. He grew up on Apple and just bought a $10K outfit from Apple that makes his professional life successful and happy. We will always stick with Apple.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I bought stock in Apple because I believe in their user friendly products, especially my iMac. It's an all around fine machine and it's easy to maneuver photos, but price could be lower, though.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Mac is the best in reliability, and you can use all software. The best computer we have ever owned and the best money can buy. Will purchase a new one when needed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

When I DID have a problem they helped me without hesitation in English so that I could understand all instructions. Terrific customer service. They even called back to check on the progress and see if there were any other problems. Wonderful... the best ever!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was one of the folks who had a hard time transitioning to Apple after many years on the other platform. Have to say while slightly frustrating at first, it has been worth working through it. Also tried moving from an iPhone to an android but failed horribly. I'm Apple wired.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The computer has so many unnecessary feature making computer hard to navigate. I had old password that I spent a weekend with Apple getting new password sent to me that required action within 24 hours or Pw is not valid. New email was associated with Mac and within a week old PW started showing up. Consequently I am unable to update apps and my phone. Way overrated for general use of average computer knowledge.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I'm a long time fan of Apple products and have not enjoyed the other companies. I find Apple to be USER Friendly in all ways. Even though the Apple products are more expensive, they have always been worth the extra.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The computer is pretty reliable and I've found that most "problems" can be solved by disconnecting and reconnecting the computer. One has to buy Apple support, or, in our case, drive a distance with the computer to get help.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Imac computer is very simple to use, fast and virus free! Is also a very beautiful machine and well made from every angle, wireless keyboard and mouse! Apple is great!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have ONLY used Apple products for the last several years. I find PC-Windows based products difficult, not user-friendly, and to have constant error warnings.

Apple expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Apple iMac is Apple’s desktop computer. These computers combine display and CPU into one unit and focus on interconnectivity, high definition display and an easy-to-use interface and operating system.

• All-in-one computers: The iMac is an all-in-one computer that combines display, processor, storage and more in one device. This keeps a tangle of cords and cumbersome pieces to a minimum.

• Retina display: The iMac’s display screen is called the Retina. Some iMac Retina display models are capable of producing 4K or 5K resolution, the sharpest images on the market.

• Device integration: Consumers who also own an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad tablet can integrate these devices to share apps and data. It can centralize user’s data and sync with the iCloud to keep data accessible from any device.

• Fusion Drive: Apple’s Fusion Drive combines the storage space of a standard hard drive with the speed of a flash drive. It keeps boot times and app operations fast and responsive.

• Energy efficiency: The iMac is built with energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in mind. Its low power requirements and construction from about 30 percent of recycled materials make it a good computer option for environmentally-conscious consumers.

• Best for: Apple iMac is best for users who own other Apple devices, families and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs