Apple iMac

Apple iMac
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Apple iMac Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

This computer has been a joy to use. This was my second Apple computer, after a old 2008 Macbook. The only issues I encountered was issues with Bootcamp (solved by downgrading to 10.14.1) and sticky keys (My fault from a spill, bought a new Magic Keyboard.) And that's it. Overall a great computer, recommended.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Since using my first Macintosh, I found it to be a great value, easy to use, consistent menus and dropdowns in every program. Since then I now have a MacBook Pro, iPad, (2) iPhone 6s Plus, and an Apple TV. Everything is uniform across each device. Especially the ability to copy from one device and paste into another device. The most important part that I REALLY like, is I get to speak to Americans who speak great English. And the ability to chat or talk. I sure wish more people used the Apple software products; Keynote, Pages and Word.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I love my Mac. With one exception, Apple send a lot of updates. Which, if I continue to install uses up a lot of memory and eventually slows down the speed of the laptop. So, while it could work for years, Apple intentionally obsoletes the laptop's operating system so that it becomes necessary to purchase new equipment every few years.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I am due for another unit, advances in software are outstripping my good ol' unit! Being retired I'll have to start saving up. I am online almost every day and occasionally I will run into "site" and game problems. So I must fill that 'jar' so I can get a Mac Pro.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

This product is very reliable. My wife and I both have PowerBooks and we agree, they are extremely reliable. We also have iPhones which connect to our laptops. We have an Apple TV, which allows us to wirelessly connect our devices to our tv.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I just spent $3000 on another piece of ** work by Apple. GOD I HATE THIS COMPANY and all who support this crap. CRAP is what they sell you. There may have been a day when they didn't but they, like all the other companies out there today, engineer everything....not to help you, but to ** you!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I bought my iMac 3 months ago preloaded with O/S Mojave - all good. I wirelessly ran a Samsung SCX-3405FW Combo printer. Then came O/S Catalina - now the printer doesn’t work. The O/S blocks the print Manager with the 32/64 bit mismatch error and an instruction to contact the printer developers. No reply from Samsung other than contact HP who have taken over their printers. No reply from HP. So I went to iStore... They told me make an appointment and to bring in both the iMac and printer (awkward) which may mean reloading Mojave to restore things, unbelievable! What happens next O/S upgrade? I had just traded in my MacBook Pro to have new O/S! What do I now? Throw away - the iMac or the printer. Really a poor show and abysmal customer service by all.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I have been an Apple user since 87 and have been able to solve almost all my Mac issues until recently upgrading my iPad Pro to the new Catalina Operating system. Then I was unable to connect to WiFi. I had tried all the usual suspected issues. Reset my iPad settings, restarted the router, restarted all connected devices, changed my WiFi pw and was able to connect everything with no problem except this iPad Pro. Last resort contact Apple chat to hope they had someone who could troubleshoot with me. Even though I let them know I had tried all the above I was given stupid advice like “is your Pw case sensitive" and other worthless suggestions after telling them what I had done. So APPLE if these are what is leftover from the Genius Bar days... rehire please. My grandma could do better than this. Let’s see. Maybe you should plug in and think different again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I bought 2 iMac Pros last year. To start off, the computer comes with terrible design decisions, one of them being the mouse. The only way to recharge the mouse is by plugging the cable under it, making it impossible to work if your mouse batteries dies and you forget to charge it the night before. A couple of days ago my iMac Pro's operating system completely failed. My computer froze and went to a black screen. I took the computer in to try to fix the issue and they told me that they would have to wipe out my hard drive in order to fix the operating system failure.

Since I had important data that had not been backed up, they told me to take it to one of their partners to recover my data. After paying almost $300 to recover my lost data due to their unreliable operating system, I was told that the way the new iMac Pro was built made it almost impossible to recover data through transfer or by removing the hard drive.

Apple employee did not give a crap about my situation or even try to enlighten me after paying almost $20,000 dollars for 2 iMac Pros. Their lack of empathy, and understanding got me really frustrated. They kept transferring to other departments and even to their manager only to hang up on me after I kept insisting on finding a solution for this situation. I've been an Apple customer for 20 years now, and this has definitely changed my respect for this company.

Purchasing the iMac Pro has been my biggest regret up to this day. Seems like every operating system just keeps getting worse and worse, especially for designers. Apple doesn't care if you bought their top product, all they care about is repeating their policy to you, which basically says, "We don't give a ** if our operating system died on you, we won't take any responsibility for it." If you value your money, stay away from this product.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

August 23, 2019 Don't buy Apple computer, this is my 2nd year I had Apple computer. They hacked it 2x now. They erased all my documents on my desktop. Then this time they did it again which a year later. They also deleted some of my important folder. If you have Apple computer make sure you don't have anything important on your desktop. You many never see them again. Suggestion back them up. And read the Apple computer reviews from last year. Don't buy their Apple phone. They are spying on your conversation and can use it against you!!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Apple expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Apple iMac is Apple’s desktop computer. These computers combine display and CPU into one unit and focus on interconnectivity, high definition display and an easy-to-use interface and operating system.

• All-in-one computers: The iMac is an all-in-one computer that combines display, processor, storage and more in one device. This keeps a tangle of cords and cumbersome pieces to a minimum.

• Retina display: The iMac’s display screen is called the Retina. Some iMac Retina display models are capable of producing 4K or 5K resolution, the sharpest images on the market.

• Device integration: Consumers who also own an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad tablet can integrate these devices to share apps and data. It can centralize user’s data and sync with the iCloud to keep data accessible from any device.

• Fusion Drive: Apple’s Fusion Drive combines the storage space of a standard hard drive with the speed of a flash drive. It keeps boot times and app operations fast and responsive.

• Energy efficiency: The iMac is built with energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in mind. Its low power requirements and construction from about 30 percent of recycled materials make it a good computer option for environmentally-conscious consumers.

• Best for: Apple iMac is best for users who own other Apple devices, families and businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team