Apple iMac

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Perfectly built, problem free laptops which should last at least 7 years of heavy use. Apple charges a premium for their laptops, but they are cheaper in the long run. I am currently using a 2011 MacBook Pro for graphics design and it's never had a single problem. On the opposite side, my company gave me a Lenovo Yoga X1. The laptop is poorly built. The fan already failed and had to be replaced. The laptop screen is scratched by the keys. A key already fell off, and the laptop cover is already full of tiny scratches, as if I had used it for years. My 2011 Mac doesn't have a single scratch and it has never given me a problem. I am sure when I sell it, I will still get decent money for it.

Purchase a Macbook Pro Early 2011. Overnight the battery exploded inside the case so violently that both sides of the cover were completely ripped open. Contact with Apple and was told of no options from them to support the item. Simply put out of warranty. Legally they are correct. I am correct also as a paying customer should be supported when spending for a product. A product should not be expected to blow up without some type of warranty or replacement. From a safety standpoint, had this unit blew up in my face, the Apple company would be facing more than just a terrible review. After spending over 14 thousand dollars on apple products, Finished with Apple. They do not care about your business or your safety. They care more about their bottom line.

I've purchased 7 Macs since 1987. I have been in love with all my Macs... until now. The "new" 2015 Mac doesn't include a cd burner, has a thinner monitor which requires inserting sd cards from behind and is, BY FAR, the slowest Mac of my last 3. Tech support gave me a story that they took away the cd burner to allow for more "good stuff" to enhance performance. They switched from iPhoto to photo. Photo doesn't let you label photos other than by date and doesn't allow you to edit as much as iPhoto. Apparently, phones and watches are where the money is and not computers. Sad to see my favorite computers take such a quality dive.

I contacted Apple because my MacBook burned my legs through my pants. That's how hot their battery gets, and I thought I'd let them know so they could warn users or maybe just know there was a problem - the laptop gets so hot that if a child touched certain parts of the keyboard they would get burned. A support specialist or someone with an important-sounding title actually called me, and I thought, "Wow, this is amazing!" However, the woman on the phone proceeded to lecture me in the most condescending tone about how I'm not supposed to put the laptop on my lap "just because it's called a *lap*top." She was absolutely AWFUL and condescending the entire call, through which I kept asking what she planned to do about the overheating problem. She simply kept ignoring me.

To give you an idea of how awful this woman was to me, she asked me what time it was in my time zone. When I told her she replied, "Oh, so you're 1 hour and 3 minutes ahead? That's very interesting that there's an additional 3 minutes in your time zone. I've never heard of that." I kid you not. I was shocked. I really could not believe this poor excuse for a person was talking to me like that.

In the end the ogre said I'd need to install a program on my laptop so tech support could check some data on my laptop to see what was causing the problem. Naive me let her. And I never heard from her again. It's been a few months and I've contacted Apple several times to follow up on the supposed assessment but at first they told me I'd need to contact ogre girl, and then they simply stopped answering my messages. I have NO idea what Apple is doing with my information. What I do know is that since then my computer sometimes does funny things - could be a coincidence, but obviously whatever info they lifted from my laptop was not used for the purposes they said they would use it for. Truly awful.

I got the MacBook Air in Feb 2016 as a gift from my brother. After exactly 3 months (in June 2016) the battery broke down & got a warning (That battery needs replacement now). I Contacted Apple Support & They told me I had to get to the nearest Apple Support... which was not in my City so I waited until I travelled the month After to Bali so I can get my laptop fixed & in (August 2016) I gave the Laptop to an Apple Authorized support center who promised to fix it After a Month, so he took my old faulty battery & promised to email me once the battery is shipped.

So after a Month of waiting, I did not receive any reply from them, and when I called them they did not pick up (They also did not provide me with any email to contact them on, even the receipt does not have any email for contact, just a phone line that they do not pick up on)... & because my Visa was about to expire & I could not reach them I had to travel back to my country without the battery! & When I got back to my country I spent & wasted a lot of time trying to contact the customer support who:

Did not want to take responsibility for these numerous mistakes; Mentioned that they have no relationship with the authorized support centers & that they do not represent Apple; They wanted me to contact the Apple authorized support in Egypt (who had no idea about the case) or wanted me to go back to Bali to pick up my battery; Kept me waiting for weeks, & after many conversations & until I asked to be directly & immediately forwarded to the customer support of Apple themselves.

After getting in touch with one of the representatives (Stephano), he wanted me to ask a friend in Bali to ship the battery to me because it is not their mistake & when I said that I do not have friends there... He mentioned to me that there is nothing to be done in my case. I felt more & more humiliated & Disappointed from his reply... so I said that I want refund for my laptop & Would return this faulty laptop to them. He asked me that he would get back to the management... then after a while he asked for docs of purchase & receipt from Service support center in Bali whom I gave my laptop to be fixed in order to process for me the refund. But he returned after few days & said that the manager is not agreeing to me getting a Refund!!

Battery Broke down after 3 months of Usage (Which means the Laptop was faulty from the beginning & Might not be brand new)... So the company cheated on me by giving me an alleged brand new product. I spent 5-6 months without battery which means I have all the time to be connected to an electric source which consumed lots of time & energy from me. I received very poor & humiliating Customer support from Apple & its Service providers. I wasted Money to travel to another city in Bali just to get my laptop fixed & at the very end they did not even care to contact me. Apple did not claim its responsibility for all these faults & mistakes.

So I feel that the company cheated me by giving me a faulty Laptop that broke down after a very short time (although I bought a brand that is supposed to be well reputed). I also feel humiliated from the Apple support Customer service staff & Apple Authorized support center by wasting TOO Much Time & money, Energy from me. Although My Brother bought this product to make Me Happy THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT I EVER ENCOUNTERED & IT DID NOT BRING ME EXCEPT HASSLE & HUMILIATION! I Now not only demand the refund of my Full money, I demand a refund for 5-6 months of complete chaos, Humiliation, & Waste of my time & money... & if this means filing a case about It I would surely Do that!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

I bought an iMac in 2011. Within 2 years it went slow and would not work properly. I did the usual things, all the steps suggested by Mac support, etc. The fact is that I bought a MacBook Pro in 2008, the best thing I ever bought, and I NEVER had any problems with it. Mac computers used to be workhorses for people in the creative industries. Now they are donkeys for the masses and the people using them are like fat nuns sitting on the donkey. I am prepared to buy a new one but it is 2017 and the current iMac is a 2015 model. The company are so arrogant they do not even tell people when the new one is coming out, so you do not know where you stand in relation to purchasing a new one.

Purchased this iMac 27 5k i5 1TB Fusion in January 2016. It began crashing in October, and escalated till it was unusable. It is January 2017, I have spent 10 hours on the phone, had the machine in the repair shop for two weeks, and it is still not repaired. Still crashes for no reason. In November when updating to Sierra, it also started kicking me off the wifi connection. It will not stay connected, after two months, still no fix.

eBay is overloaded with refurbished machines just like this one being dumped on the market as low as 1299, about 800 dollars less than what I paid. This machine is flawed in its design, and I submit to you my experience, and the flood of these on the used market, by Apple on eBay. The customer service is horrible, they do not know how to diagnose or repair this machine, and expect me to live with it. Apple is supposed to be superior? It's a scam, never have I had these issues in 25 years of PC ownership. Don't be deceived, these machines are no superior to PC's. Well, I have to go, have a call with AppleCare yet again...

I bought Apple desktop computer in June. Although short period of purchasing it, the computer had got some technical problems. I tried solve it Apple tech telephone help, but it wasn't help, therefore taking back it to shop. I wish that I got the laptop. I trusted the brand but I couldn't get any efficient technician.

I love my Apple Macbook Pro. The only issue I've had with it is sometimes the charging port that is connected to my laptop from my Thunderbolt monitor doesn't always work. However, it does work when I put it in "just right" so I can't say it's broken by any means. The charging port works perfectly fine when I use the charging cable that came with the laptop. I got my Apple MacBook Pro for work and have had little to no issues with it. It does end up getting a little "slow" after a couple years, but that's pretty standard with most Apple products. I can say it definitely has way outlasted any PC computers and laptops I've had in the past. I'll be an Apple user for life.

Problem free computers, After 25 years and many models I can say that I have had only 2 hardware issues which were repaired immediately at no cost. Apple continues to be the innovator in all areas and their simple operating systems are very easy to learn for beginners. My 27" IMAC has not had a glitch in 5 years of heavy use with print and web design work. That says it all.

My Mac is very easy to use, to understand and is quite intuitive. Long ago I was introduced to the computer age by a company which used only apple 2e computers. After several non-starts trying to learn about the then-current pcs I was very happy to have a machine I could understand from the start.

Has been reliable and trouble free for many years. Customer support when needed was always there. Although my mac is almost 10 years old, it has never needed hardware repair. I may be one of the lucky ones but so far... never have had to contend with malware. It has been the most dependable computer I have ever owned.

Apple is a reliable computer. The customer service is outstanding. My Apple computer is easy to navigate. I can customize the desktop. I can have multiple users. The computer is extremely reliable. It updates itself. It never fails!

The computer is extremely expensive for what it does, but it is user-friendly and a great size for the power. This is my first time using an Apple laptop, and I expected the learning curve to be more difficult going from a PC. However, I've found it to be quite intuitive, and simple to use. There a few features that don't make a lot of sense to me, but overall it works and functions great. It's a bit heavy and was quite expensive for what it is.

Not only do I rarely have issues, the best reason I'll never buy another brand device is their Genius Customer Service both live, on the phone or even with chat. Unmatched!!! I'll never own another brand's desktop computer!!!

The iMac is a great computer. I love my iMac. It is easy to learn and use. One of the very best things about the iMac is the support from Apple. They are awesome and work with you to resolve any issues that come up. Whenever they upgrade their operating system, if there are issues, the support is free for awhile, which I find very helpful.

Not much experience with product selection. This was a gift. Customer service was patient and did not condescend. (Had HP in past and they were horrible). My iMac is 9-10 years old and I love it. I am not tech savvy but had no trouble figuring out how to do things. Very logical and user-friendly. I can navigate with ease. I will be sad when I have to replace since some of the features on this one are no longer available. The old iPhoto program was better than the present one.

My iMac has less problems than a PC, less virus and malware issues, all of which make the computer more enjoyable and last longer. I like the security of a Mac, the speed of a fusion drive, and Apples' customer support is pretty good. I like that the iMac is all in one piece and not split between tower, monitor and speakers. I think the price tag on the device is a fair value for the peace of mind and ease of access I get from the machine.

Nothing is perfect. Apple might go the way of Sony if it isn't careful with its pricing. I remember when everything electronic I had was Sony. Now, nothing. I love my apple iMac desktop all-in-one. When it needs replacing, I might have to look elsewhere if the price is too high relative to high-end PC's.

I love my Apple desktop computer! Apple has great accessories. They make it easy to streamline documents and files with my other macs. The screen is vibrant and brings joy to my work. It's the little things that count.

I can understand how to use the features even though I am a senior citizen with no computer training. I have used both PCs and Macs. The Macs take far more abuse and are far more durable than my high-end PC. It is not temperamental like the PC. It is user-friendly whereas the PC is complicated and annoying especially when it locks up.

I love Apple and have been a loyal customer of all products since 1984. I have had ONLY the best service and they go above and beyond to make me happy and help me with assorted issues. I know Apple is more expensive. You get what you pay for in a computer. I keep my computers for more than 5-6 years and I hear from friends that they are always needing to bring their back and get upgrades every year. I do not.

I have been a loyal Apple user and like the fact that you can take classes from them at a cost and bring your computer in the store and show them "your" issues. Apple products have less viruses although their software and hardware are usually higher in price. Their product reliability is much higher. I am a little concerned though now that Steve Jobs is no longer around to innovate. We shall see how innovative his chosen successor will be.

I've had my computer since 2008 so I think it's proved its durability. I depend on it for so much, I'm constantly going to it for information. My laptop has always worked. I did need to take it in to get a new battery, but mostly, it's been there day in and day out, sometimes taking on a lot of usage in one sitting. Apple Care has been very helpful when I needed help or advice. I almost bought a new one once, but Apple Care suggested I just buy some speakers and that solved the problem for $24. I think my Apple Mac laptop is a very good product and worth the expense.

My Mac pro has been the best computer I've ever had. In the past I've had Dell, HP, Compaq and Toshiba and this one has been trouble free. Once you get past the learning curve of moving from Microsoft stuff you'll find how intuitive apple has made their products. My information goes seamlessly from my mac pro to my iPad to the iPod.

I've had Macs and PC's over the years since 1985 and have always gone back to the Mac because it is so stable and friendly. I wouldn't go out on the net for financial transactions with a PC due to the variety of viruses, bugs and other evil attendant to PCs. I do wish Mac covered its units longer but their call centers are manned by exceedingly competent help. I've never thought I'd been cheated when I'd called them. Macs simply last longer. When I stand in line at Microcenter I'm surrounded by people buying parts because components like fans and drives turn to toast. All I buy is printer stuff.

Have used both a Mac and a PC over the past 30 years - the mac is virus free, and easy to use. Easy to navigate, no cost for updated program format, just download and install.

Overall solid computer but not perfect. This is my first Apple computer and overall I am extremely pleased. The performance and functionality when compared to previous laptops that I've had is definitely superior. I have not had any major issues as of yet with this unit and I use it a lot.

Compact and easy to use, but missing some features - like a disc drive! This is my first experience with an Apple computer. I also use an iPhone, so I love how I can easily sync my information from one device to another. I especially like being able to receive and respond to text messages from my computer. What I don't like is that my laptop does not have a disc drive! I've considered buying one separately, but it will cost almost $100 dollars.

My Mac is understandable to use and easy to find tech support for it. I've been told that my Mac is far inferior to other laptops but I'm not a techy type of person and I find that the Mac is user-friendly for someone like me. It's expensive but I got it free at work (I'm a teacher). When I look at other systems, like Microsoft laptops, they look completely foreign to me.

Compare Computer Brands