3.9/5 (183 ratings)

About Apple Macbook

Apple Macbook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I ordered a brand new MacBook Pro from Apple.com. In two weeks the computer would not come on. I called support and they set me up with appointment to take it to tech saying it was under warranty. I took it in and the logic board was bad, which is connected to hard drive on these. So I lost the info I didn’t have backed up. It took a week for them to get the new part in and the new part was also bad. Going on day 8 without a computer. The computer was BRAND NEW. I think they should have replaced it totally immediately. They just said the warranty covers replacing parts. Consider long and hard before you buy a MacBook.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I use MacBooks for ease of use with Logic. That is the only value it has. At least once every three years I need to replace my laptop because Apple sees to it that it that there is some sort of “update” to that will eventually brick my Pro. I can afford to buy a new MacBook every few years because I need it to run Logic, so I begrudgingly tolerate. But, of course, Apple has zero regard for their consumer base, so they gleefully provide a garbage product because their laptops are “one of kind in many ways." If you need a laptop for business, school, or work, avoid Apple products at all costs. If you can find a Windows based system that works for whatever application you need, go there and run away from the greedy thugs at Apple.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I have bought Macbook Air around 2.5 year back, considering that Apple is a trusted brand with the highest brand value and it would be a one time investment, as I am not a heavy application user I decided to go with Apple Macbook Air. In this around 2.5 years I have rarely used my macbook and that too used only for browsing and video watching, no other application even installed on it and not even a single game.

Few days back I have upgraded my OS as per the Apple adviser appear on the screen and after the upgrade I used it for few days (around 20 days) and one day I was not able to turn it on, I took my Mac to NGRT Apple authorised service centre (Nagpur). They took it for few days for investigation. In investigation they said there is a logic board issue and need to replace it. No repair possible.

I was extremely surprised how it could be logic board issue even if I haven't used it heavily and asked same question to the executive and he was not able to answer it and said this issue is very common, I can't expect this answer from a brand like Apple because all my trust and brand value thought destroyed with this answer received from apple executive. I Asked executive that, "If this is a very common issue then why can't you take this up under service improvement and advise Apple management." He said it's not their job. Whereas he suggested me to escalate it to Apple directly being a customer.

I asked few more question to the executive but he was not able to answer it, then he said the logic board issue is because of liquid/dust damage. This time I got disturb and reverted him that don't mislead the issue and misguide me, he agreed that he was lying and misleading the issue and Apologise for that. Now still my Mac issue is not resolved and mac is not turning on, not sure what to do as Apple authorised service centre asking me to change logic board which is having a cost of around the same as my mac book. He also advised to check it from an outsider service center.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Apple has for a long time tried to deliver on the idea of products 'that just work'. This is highly evidenced in their computer lineup (obviously, this is not exclusively relevant to their computers). Having worked on both PCs and Macs over many years, I can confidently say that Macs are easier to use. With PCs, you need a certain amount of know-how, especially when things don't work. Even silly things like drivers for printers. Macs sort it out for you, automatically finding the driver online and installing it for you. Easy as pie.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have had 3 different MacBooks over the course of 15 years and the service and experience from the machine and the company has been so wonderful. They have gone above and beyond when I’ve had an issue. Even outside of Apple Care coverage.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Ease of use and set up is great. Automatic tie in to all Apple devices was seamless when signing in with Apple ID. The sound from the MacBook Pro speakers is excellent. Battery life is solid and can be extended by simply adjusting screen brightness. Screen clarity is amazing.

Original review: June 19, 2020

The Mac Mini is awesome! Very small square tower that fits on my desk and takes up very little space. I used an old Dell monitor which works great. I use a Logitech wireless solar keyboard and a Apple Magic Mouse. Updates work flawlessly. Love this Mac mini!!

Original review: June 19, 2020

I have had my MacBook for 5 years now. I am totally satisfied with my laptop. The Apple technical support has been the greatest from being locked out after changing my password and called Apple. The young lady that helped me was so helpful to me. I only go to technical support when I need them. I must say purchasing my MacBook was the best investment for me.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I love the quality of my MAC. I own the MACBOOK Air. Although it doesn’t have a CD Rom. I have no need for one and if needs I have an external. I feel comfortable using it because of it’s safety. I purchased my MACBOOK Air 4 years ago and I have not suffered not one issue with it the entire 4 years. I would definitely upgrade to a newer one someday. I recommend the Apple brand to anyone.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I love Apple laptops even though they are outrageously expensive. Main UNHAPPINESS is every time I get a new one I end up losing lots of photos and LOTS of music, and nobody seems to be able to help me--even after I bought one of their Time Machines for backup--my new laptop does NOT recognize it!

Original review: June 16, 2020

I got my MacBook Pro in 2006; with updates it runs like new. It never locks up and is quite fast. I’ve taken it all over the world with me and never had a single issue (except for spilling coffee on it).

Original review: June 16, 2020

I’m not happy with my computer. I have a 2017 Mac Air. It can’t handle multiple applications open. It doesn’t have an HDMI port. And soon after getting it the USB port stopped working. I’m can’t download the latest updates without it crashing. I also can’t install Microsoft Word without it crashing. It’s honestly the worst computer I’ve ever had in my life. I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Before I purchased my first Macbook (at least 9 years ago, I found myself either trying to add, or having to replace my laptop about every three years. I would have been sooner were I financially able). Then I bought a re-furnished Mac, and still have it today with no need to replace it. Computers came on the scene well into my career. It was a whole new strange type of communication, research, etc.. that replaced, what to me was the tried and true method of doing things. I was willing to learn about them, I am talking floppy disk era, but even to an educated woman, it was a lot to learn. I found the Mac so much easier to navigate and was able to find a program for everything I needed.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Mac mini is a powerful, compact computer, highly customizable and economically sound. If you use the slightly older versions, you can easily upgrade the HD to SSD, add memory and enjoy the experience. I recommend Mac Mini's to folks that previously used an Imac.

Original review: June 14, 2020

My MacBook Pro is about 7 years old and still works perfectly. I would highly recommend purchasing a Mac if you're looking for a computer. It still runs fast when starting up and you can download lots of free programs from the App Store. The price is very high, but worth it for the quality and reliability.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I’ve been using a MacBook Pro since 2006. Although some would consider a MacBook pricey for a laptop, the quality & reliability of Apple products is definitely worth the extra $$. A MacBook can be easily docked to any monitor for both desktop and portable computing. Although my MacBook has proven to be essentially maintenance-free, Apple’s virtual tech support is easily accessible at no cost and has always responded promptly if I had a question.

Original review: June 13, 2020

It's a ok but it doesn't seem to have all the bells and whistles of a Windows PC. It is definitely a learning curve. A little pricey for what you get. Good graphics. Good speed. Wish it had a bigger keyboard with trackball.

Original review: June 13, 2020

My MacBook is very useful. I love the built in virus protection. I will continue to buy Apple because the products stand alone in my opinion. I have very few issues that were not solved with a Tech person.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Very light. Extremely reliable. Have owned it for several years, and have purchased same model for daughter and granddaughter. None of us have had any problems with these laptops. Easy to use and very intuitive.

Original review: June 12, 2020

My daughters use Apple laptops because they say it works best for their schoolwork. The Apple MacBook has been reliable and when they would have service issues they go to an Apple Store and have it serviced. As a whole I am very happy with MacBooks, but I am still a PC person.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Love this laptop but I wish it had a spot for a CD. It is just the perfect size. The screen quality is terrific. Easy to carry and travel with or just to go room to room. It also does not take up a lot of desktop space.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I love my MacBook! The only issue I’ve had is not enough storage and no way to install more. Other than that, I love how fast it is, it’s easy to navigate, and I can program in keyboard short cuts. I purchased a mac air previously and love it as well. It is super light and just as easy to navigate, program shortcuts, and it’s fast! The problem with the air is the same as MacBook, little storage. But I am able to plug in a thumb drive for extra storage, so that helps with the storage issue. I would definitely buy a Mac again!

Original review: June 6, 2020

First time user of MacBook Pro. Having a great deal of fun with the computer. Its apps are logical and to have questions answered is easy. I recommend this computer for old and new users of this platform. After using a PC for a number of years I thought it would be impossible to use a new system. It turned out not only to easy, but fun! Try the platform. You may find out what you are missing.

Original review: June 5, 2020

My laptop was purchased new in 2009. I still use it everyday 11 years later. Occasionally I will have it cleaned and checked by an IT guy. I am on the second battery, and it still goes strong. Others in my family have been through 3 other brands during the time I have had mine. It lasts and lasts.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Everything seems fine with two exceptions; Apple puts the photos wherever it wants, I seriously do not know why or how; maybe I am technologically challenged, but this NEVER happened with HP. The only other thing I do not like at all, is they automatically revert to putting your information in the cloud and then want you to sign up for a monthly fee to store your information. The upselling is annoying, and constant.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I purchased a new Macbook Pro at the end of 2019. I should have waited. The keyboard offers almost no tactile feedback which makes typing accurately almost impossible. As a writer, this is a big issue. Further the touch bar is way too sensitive. I was always inadvertently brushing it which enable various functions that I did not want activated. Finally, the touch log-in was very unreliable. Apple apparently recognized that the keyboard was a trainwreck and came out with a new model in May of this year, with a scissor mechanism. Nice of them to let consumers know that a new model was in the pipeline only 4 months after me shelling out over $1200 for a model that was brand new for 2019 but soon to be discontinued. They were kind enough to offer me half the value of the unit for a trade in. My advice would be to never buy a used 2019 Macbook or any MacBook with the "Magic Keyboard" which is very far from magical.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I bought my 16 yr old daughter an Apple MacBook pro for editing. She is disabled with a disease that is rare. So she does videos for awareness. I got it for her for Christmas. It was refurbished so I was like most kinks are worked out. No it glitches already. It stinks that I spend money on any apple products. And they don't last. I think I have her convinced on this round to buy an Android product. But we have to save up for it. If I had my way apple products would never be bought in my house again.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Does Apple take pride in being the most arrogant unhelpful company around? I purchased my MacBook Pro in January 2019 and have had nothing but problems with the keyboard. As I see from the Apple site, Apple's brilliant idea to replace the keyboard with a "butterfly" type of keyboard totally backfired as there are issues galore with this keyboard. The keys stick and won't work or the letter you have depressed will repeat. What will they do to assist you??? Nothing! It takes 4 business days and yes, this means being without a computer for a minimum of 4 days for them to replace the keyboard! Well, with the virus pandemic out there now, I don't have the luxury of not having my laptop for 4 days. I need it to work cause is Apple going to pay my salary for not being able to work or a minimum of 4 days?? NO, they won't!

I asked if I could upgrade to the newer MacBook Pro which has a scissor board keyboard because the Butterfly keyboard is total crap which Apple has admitted to producing a defective product. They said they won't do that but will do a trade in with my old MacBook Pro which means the trade in value is far below what I paid. So not only does Apple produce a ** product but they don't accept any responsibility. I am offering to pay extra for the newer MacBook but instead they will give me a fraction of the value so I can pay more. Something that was their fault to start with. What kind of ** company and bad customer service is bred in this company. Do you only hire people who won't accept responsibility. And, customer service is so professional that they hung up on me. Now that is great service! Do yourself a favour and don't buy any Apple products because they are money gougers who think of nothing but taking your money and offering nothing in return.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Purchase a Macbook Pro 13" with touch bar 6 week ago from an authorised reseller here in Kenya. Immediately after 4 days I had to returned back as the DOWN ARROW key was not responsive. The reseller has given back in to the service center for repair. (Why should I get it repair when it was packed brand new macbook I bought from an authorised reseller????) It's more than 5 weeks yet no answer from Service center and from reseller, also why should I use a faulty laptop when I paid full amount and as a customer I have all the rights to get genuine and fully working machine. Can anyone help me with the exact contact detail in APPLE corporation directly to raise this issue ASAP. Thanks.

Kopin

Original review: March 16, 2020

Purchased MacBook Pro 2019 16" in November 2019. Unable to do any intensive tasks on machine without it freezing and restarting. Reported fault 8 days after purchase. Refused refund or replacement (Lemon Law), instead Apple have gone and swapped out the logic board 4 times. This has amounted to 8 hours driving & 12 hours on the phone, with apple blaming me the whole time. Finally, in March 2020 they have admitted fault and are issuing a full replacement as they should have in the first place.

It cost $7000 for them to waste 4 months of my time, plus another month for replacement to arrive. This has destroyed my productivity & finances as a sole trader IT business owner, I have had to give up many contracts while I deal with this issue and forced to play apple's cat & mouse game of blaming users for their faulty products. They have broken several laws in my country for dealing with this issue in this way. You do not repair a brand new device, you replace it. This company does not deserve accreditation. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250905859

Apple Macbook Company Information