Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Apple Macbook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: June 26, 2020

Apple has for a long time tried to deliver on the idea of products 'that just work'. This is highly evidenced in their computer lineup (obviously, this is not exclusively relevant to their computers). Having worked on both PCs and Macs over many years, I can confidently say that Macs are easier to use. With PCs, you need a certain amount of know-how, especially when things don't work. Even silly things like drivers for printers. Macs sort it out for you, automatically finding the driver online and installing it for you. Easy as pie.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I love the quality of my MAC. I own the MACBOOK Air. Although it doesn’t have a CD Rom. I have no need for one and if needs I have an external. I feel comfortable using it because of it’s safety. I purchased my MACBOOK Air 4 years ago and I have not suffered not one issue with it the entire 4 years. I would definitely upgrade to a newer one someday. I recommend the Apple brand to anyone.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Before I purchased my first Macbook (at least 9 years ago, I found myself either trying to add, or having to replace my laptop about every three years. I would have been sooner were I financially able). Then I bought a re-furnished Mac, and still have it today with no need to replace it. Computers came on the scene well into my career. It was a whole new strange type of communication, research, etc.. that replaced, what to me was the tried and true method of doing things. I was willing to learn about them, I am talking floppy disk era, but even to an educated woman, it was a lot to learn. I found the Mac so much easier to navigate and was able to find a program for everything I needed.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I love my MacBook! The only issue I’ve had is not enough storage and no way to install more. Other than that, I love how fast it is, it’s easy to navigate, and I can program in keyboard short cuts. I purchased a mac air previously and love it as well. It is super light and just as easy to navigate, program shortcuts, and it’s fast! The problem with the air is the same as MacBook, little storage. But I am able to plug in a thumb drive for extra storage, so that helps with the storage issue. I would definitely buy a Mac again!

Original review: June 6, 2020

First time user of MacBook Pro. Having a great deal of fun with the computer. Its apps are logical and to have questions answered is easy. I recommend this computer for old and new users of this platform. After using a PC for a number of years I thought it would be impossible to use a new system. It turned out not only to easy, but fun! Try the platform. You may find out what you are missing.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

These Apple laptops and apple desktop computers are yuppie computers. They have less infections than the Microsoft DOS computers. But Apple computer parts are not reproduced 5 years after you buy the computer. There is planned obsolescence where they anticipate that you buy another computer in 5 years. HP laptops and desktops used to last for 7-10 years if you changed out the hard drives. I'm going back to HP. Apple is simple to hook up. Also Apple has to be repaired at Apple stores only located in big cities. Microsoft computers can be repaired anywhere in any city size. Apple laptops have expensive cables that wear out. HP cables never wore out. Apple is a big ripoff promoted by people with more money than sense. They are easier to hook up than HP computers. No they aren't better than HP. HP will last longer.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Bought Macbook Pro in 2017 for my wife, she is master degree in computer since, so she use it better than average person like myself, no issues until 2019. It just can not be started, take it to Apple dealer in Riyadh and was still under warranty, and they found motherboard or whatever they call it burst and need to be replaced, and they did, but without explanation why would it be damaged within only 2 years of use, one year later the screen starting showing horizontal lines, take again to the dealer and they say display system need to be replaced and cost is almost the price of a new laptop with better quality than apple, I contacted Apple Care and explained to them but they did not care to investigate or give us justification. I really dont recommend this apple with these prices.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I bought a new MacBook Pro, 3 months ago for just under $3000 dollars. Which may not be a lot of money to some but it is to me, but I spent it because I have been using Apple products for the last 25 years and have loved them. That all changed with this purchase. Out of the box it has not worked properly. Movies and tv shows I purchased from iTunes would get a message that I could not play them on this machine and yes I authorized it. Apps that said were compatible with the new OS would not work. I had to pay someone to put a clean install of the OS just to get it to work sometimes. I got so frustrated with it I put it away and went back to using my old laptop.

Then three weeks ago I realized it was silly to have spent this money and not use, plus my old Mac is on its last legs. I turn it on. It works ok for a couple of days then half the screen goes black. A day later I’m trying to talk to tech support and the whole screen goes black. I’ve spent hours on the phone trying to get help. I didn’t buy Apple Care, and I missed the 30 day return policy. So now they want me to spend more money on this piece of ** I don’t want. I would take part of my money back or a trade in, I have no faith in this machine, and feel as if I’ve wasted my money. My advice would be to rethink this purchase before you to buy a $3000 paperweight.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I bought MacBook Pro from Apple store Delaware in early 2019. After which I did not use it regularly for around 8 months. As soon as started using it battery could not hold up for around 6 months. I called customer care and took it for repair. Found out that my logic board has burst and battery is gone too with repair charges around 598 $. How can Apple say that there is electricity surge in my house after which logic board can burst by itself? If they cannot manufacture accordingly to the electrical power, they have to mention that it can only work in the specific electrical guidelines (if they have figure it out). They are rude and dictatorial and going towards fraudulent ways. So, my total laptop cost Is 2500 $. My mistake is that I wanted a laptop moreover that I wanted MacBook Pro....

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I purchased my Macbook Pro A0708 in Dec 2018 as a gift to myself. The main reason I use my laptop is for school work. Being that it’s August 2020 I rarely use my laptop since school is out. Well, last week I open up my laptop to find out my screen is black and not working at all. I have no Apple Care, but I brought it into Apple anyway so that they can fix whatever went wrong with my laptop internally. Repair Cost....$958. My 1 year and 8 month old laptop had temp warnings, logic board failure and screen failure. No one had any explanation for what caused this and Apple refused to waive repair cost. This malfunction should be Apple’s responsibility.

Any company would have tried to help a loyal consumer since it was an internal issue. Instead, I spent 3 hours in total calling customer service trying to get better assistance with my bill. I even got disconnected by a supervisor named Diana as if I used foul language when I I was super calm. “I disconnecting the call, click” was her exact words. Thankfully my husband was right next to me and witnessed the entire thing. We both looked at each other jaws dropped. Apple has the worst customer service by far and I will tell my story until I get the support I should have had.

Apple Macbook Company Information