Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Apple Macbook Reviews

Original review: March 16, 2020

Purchased MacBook Pro 2019 16" in November 2019. Unable to do any intensive tasks on machine without it freezing and restarting. Reported fault 8 days after purchase. Refused refund or replacement (Lemon Law), instead Apple have gone and swapped out the logic board 4 times. This has amounted to 8 hours driving & 12 hours on the phone, with apple blaming me the whole time. Finally, in March 2020 they have admitted fault and are issuing a full replacement as they should have in the first place.

It cost $7000 for them to waste 4 months of my time, plus another month for replacement to arrive. This has destroyed my productivity & finances as a sole trader IT business owner, I have had to give up many contracts while I deal with this issue and forced to play apple's cat & mouse game of blaming users for their faulty products. They have broken several laws in my country for dealing with this issue in this way. You do not repair a brand new device, you replace it. This company does not deserve accreditation. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250905859

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have had several Mac Book Pros made in 2012-2014 fail. I have an iMac 27 that is far better! But my experience with Mac Book Pro is awful. Over $9,000 lost forever. Mac doesn’t fix these things after a certain period. To me it is planned obsolescence. The iMac 27 with a big cushion drive is the answer. But if you buy a Mac Book Pro, watch out!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Only been a year and it's starting to act up and freeze. First, I baby the crap out of my laptop because it was around $4,000.The computer is still in mint condition and I don't save anything on my internal SSD, just my external ones. The laptop has never been dropped or anything. Never gamed on it either (Who would?). The first year went okay for me, it worked but it wasn't the fastest which is expected. I got a MacBook because of the OS not performance. A year and a bit later the Catalina update came out and that's when everything changed. For a living I use photoshop, illustrator and InDesign. Thats all I use this laptop for really.

After getting the update my programs started acting up. Photoshop wouldn't save and then my filed would break and I would have to do all my work again. Illustrator wouldn't open sometimes and same with InDesign. so, I waited for Adobes updates to come out, and they did. Nothing changed. For some reason this is only happening to me and all my other co workers and friends are having a good time with it. So weeks of getting "help" from Apple customer service and this issue is still occurring. They keep making me do the same thing over and over and nothing changes. All the tests tell me my computer is working the way it should.

They pretend to care for you but they really don't. One of the guys told me that if I didn't have apple care that I would have to go into an apple store and get it fixed with my money... MY money. This computer is in mint condition (reminder). This laptop I've been sold is a broken product. Thank god I have AppleCare. Now weeks of this happening and multiple files getting destroyed i'm still doing the same tests with their support. I've been late on multiple projects, which my pay had to get delayed for because I was late. Just the other night I was working on a project for 3 hours and I saved throughout working on it.

Right before I closed my computer I did one last save... and it froze and destroyed my file. Then I spent another three hours on apple support doing the same old tests and answering the same questions. They still have no Idea what's wrong with this laptop and I can't do my work. I literally get scared to do anything on it because I fear that I might lose it all. Apple is pretty much refusing to believe that this product is broken and try to make a bunch of excuses to why these laptops cost so much.

I work in a marketing agency and we loved using apple because they were reliable but now we will be shifting to windows. Apple has shown that they don't care. They don't care if their customers are loyal. They don't care if you spend your 4,000 on these laptops. Be careful people. I went in blind because the laptops are pretty and I thought it was reliable because my old 2012 MacBook was a beast. It's not the same build quality. It really isn't. Take Care.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Slightly 1 year old MacBook Air cost of $1100 bought in-store has now faulty logic board diagnosed by Apple that will cost me $625+tax to repair. I am not sure I stay faithful fan of Apple after this crap. Good luck to others with bloody Apple products.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My 2017 MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2 thunderbolt 3 ports) is experiencing a similar problem as the 2016 model that was recalled, where the back light fails as a result of cable failure. As a result of this manufacturer defect, the laptop is unusable because the screen is so dim that nothing can be seen. This issue was confirmed by Apple Support after an appointment at the Apple Store. I also contacted Apple Support multiple times and because the laptop is over a year (but less than 2 years), they denied my request to repair it without charge.

They want me to pay over $450 for the machine to be repaired, as a result of their manufacturing defect. This is almost one third the cost of the laptop. I am very dissatisfied with the response by Apple Support and with the quality of this "top-of-the line" laptop. In addition to this issue, I have also recently learned that the keyboard for my model has been recalled. When paying this much money for a laptop, these are not the type of issues one would expect and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have only owned Macs. I bought my first one in about 1996. I can't evaluate them versus PCs because I have little experience with anything else. I have never had to deal with a virus in my system, ever. And they have seemed simple to operate for word processing, and later some web design which is what I have mainly used them for.

However, I think I will switch to a Linux system next time I buy. I am disgusted that the new laptop has pop up screens insisting that I buy something within the Mac system (even when I am word processing, or doing something unrelated to the internet--these are not internet based pop up screens) every time I turn my laptop on. Sometimes the pop up screens disallow me to continue word-processing without going to their site. Also, the reason I stayed with Mac was for consistency of software, but the new laptop is not compatible with my old files.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I used to be an Apple fan and have been using only Apple for 10 years! I bought a brand spanking new Macbook Pro a year ago. Now already two of the keys are worn out, which means you can still use them but they get stuck and also the letter on the keys can't be seen anymore! I went to the apple store to get them replaced under warranty, which you would expect! But not so! It's a cosmetic problem???? So, if you buy a new Rolls Royce (well, that's how I always viewed Apple) and the paint comes off after a year, that wouldn't come under warranty?? I have a very frustrating hour-long conversation with the Apple support, which did nothing! Very disappointed and can't believe how bad their warranty and support is!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My MacBook went on fire and produced some huge amount of smoke and smell of burning plastic when being on standby mode and on charge. Luckily I was at home when it happened and managed to disconnect the MacBook from charging. This event put me and my family (wife and 3 young children aged 4, 2 and 1) at risk. I am very scared that Apple released such a faulty computers for sale and therefore putting their customers at risk. It has never happened to me with any other laptop and I was really hoping that by providing prompt repair and apology Apple would restore my trust in their brand, but exactly opposite happened.

I have received a phone call telling me that I would have to pay for the repair £459. I was shocked as I was promised during the initial assessment that this case will be raised as a safety issue and that the repair will be done free of charge. I am very disappointed that Apple thinks that it is ok that my family was put in danger of fire and that I should be now happy to pay for this repair after such a stressful event at home. I cannot image what could have happened if I were away from my MacBook when the fire started, it could even cost life of one of my children or even worse all of us if this would happen at night.

Despite all this nightmare Apple refused to take responsibility for the faulty MacBook and did not apologise and bluntly refused to repair their faulty unsafe product free of charge as promised during my initial assessment appointment. I am very disappointed with the service that I have received from Apple. If you bother about safety of your family please avoid Apple products at all cost. They only care about money and not customer’s safety. Shame on you Apple!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I used to love Apple products and have been an avid buyer for the last decade (multiple iPhones, MacBooks, iPads, beats and an Apple TV). My most recent experience has made me never want to purchase another product. I purchased a MacBook Pro in 2012, which wasn’t cheap, but when spending $2100 on a computer you would expect it to be quality. Boy was I wrong. The laptop all of the sudden would go to a gray screen when turned on and wouldn’t load from there. I looked up the issue online and found that this is a common issue with the 2011/2012 model of the MacBook, and Apple actually faced a class action lawsuit in 2014 over the defect, in which they offered out of warranty replacements from 2015-2016.

When I brought it to the Apple store they ran a diagnostic test and confirmed that it was the defective video card. The Apple Genius informed me that the company considers my laptop obsolete and they no longer make the part so there are no options for repair. He immediately recommended that I just purchase a new laptop. Why would I ever want to buy another MacBook from a company that considers the device obsolete after 5-7 years and won’t even fix it if you pay the out of warranty repair price. All buyers beware. Any Apple product you own will be considered obsolete 5-7 years after release and will not offer any repair options after that point. There used to be a time where they would repair any model of any product but those days are long gone.

Original review: March 30, 2019

My Macbook Pro fell down during the airport security check a few years back and the internal display stopped working. I called the Apple Customer Support who advised me to go to the service center which I did. They inspected it and told me that there are water traces inside and to fix it would cost more than the price. I tried my best to explain it that it stopped working since it fell down and it can't be due to water, but they didn't bother to look that aspect of the issue. They were even asking for a ridiculous amount to extract data. We decided not to get it fixed. So far it was working fine with an external monitor.

Today, my friend came in and then we opened up the back of the Macbook and disconnected and reconnected the battery and internal display started working without any issue. We are shocked if an ordinary person can fix it for us why Apple was unable to fix the issue. We were not expecting that level of service at least from Apple. We would like to know why Apple Service Center Professionals didn't bother address the real issue.

Apple Macbook Company Information