4.31/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 17, 2018

37 Apple Macbook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2018

Last Apple product I will ever buy and I am selling my stock today. These lousy products and terrible support are not going to sustain the company. They acted like it was such a grand gesture to replace the drive. Well I lost my data and don't have a computer. I have been a loyal Apple customer for 10 years. This experience ended my loyalty and gave me the determination to find alternative products. They suggested I could take the product to a certified Apple dealer, pay $150 for them to recover my data. I already paid for Apple Care. This migration to poor products and service happened to a company I worked for and the result was not good.

Original review: March 26, 2018

There is a period of adjustment moving from Windows based systems but it is well worth it once you learn to navigate in Mac OS world. The speed and ease of use is phenomenal.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Truth is if you get the top of the line Dell or HP and pay for extra tech, the Apple and other computers are about the same. It's more of what you get used to. You can't compare a 300.00 Dell to a 1500.00 Apple and expect the same service. The other thing is the OS operating software. If you hate Windows you might like the Apple OS.

Original review: March 23, 2018

TERRIBLE battery life. Mine was the first MacBook, with the Broadwell processor. Performance was fine, but battery life was ~6 hours. Apple insisted that was normal. 2 years later, it is down to 3 hours, so I am probably looking at a battery replacement-to bring it back to 6 hours?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I like Macbook for its ease of use and for the quality. They have good customer service in helping to resolve problems, but a friend had a horrible time resolving an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our experience with the MacBook has its ups and downs. It is extremely difficult to navigate most of the time when trying to figure out "how to's" as how to do simple word processing, PDF's are at times challenging. Overall not an easy system to navigate.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The MacBook Air is clearly a good computer but whether it's the best for an old person like me is a question. My problem is there are changes made without much notice and without giving clear directions for the change in use. After getting used to doing something a certain way it's not easy to learn how to do it a different way.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Best computers ever made. Loved mine to death until my son hijacked it. I have an Asus now but as soon as I'm able back to Apple. In fact I'm buying an iPhone for Xmas.

Original review: March 18, 2018

This is my work computer and the first time I have had a Mac. Our IT people have it set up for me and they help me when I don't know what I am doing but it seems like a great computer (laptop).

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have had a MacBook Pro for over 8 years now. It has held up beautifully. I have friends who purchased less expensive laptops and have now been through several in this time. It is worth the extra expense upfront to have a quality product.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The Macbook is very user friendly and has great programs and built ins. There are some glitches but on the whole I think they are great... Interfaces are easy and the camera and Photoshop stuff is good... just not great at getting support from people.

Original review: March 11, 2018

The computer is lightweight and smooth to operate. It's easy to navigate through the systems and the light up deck for keying in the dark is a genuine plus. You have just have to own yourself to feel the ease of use.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered a brand new MacBook Air 2017 Model dated 21-01-2018 from paytmmall.com website. It has become a pain for me and I feel the entire amount wasted. Since the day I have received it, I am facing continuous issues like slow processing, corrupted Operating System and now facing pixel issues. The videos and photos are blurry as compared to other MacBook Air laptop.

Customer Care dept has acknowledged the issue and again asking to get the service done. Device is one week old and so many services and call assistances have been done. My question is, how many times should I take the brand new device to service centre and wait to get it repaired post which the product will become ready for use? Website can replace the product but Apple is not supporting.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have used a Mac for years with very few problems. Easy to use, programs run without problems and easy to update. I run a good virus program and rarely run into malware or constant pop-ups.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Best computer to purchase for best performance and fewer problems. Purchase directly from Apple to avoid servicing and maintenance problems you will experience from third party distributors.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I was assured that this computer wouldn't need to be plugged in for at least 3-4 days. However, it needs to be plugged in part way during the afternoon, or it'll close down. Also, the cord that plugs into the computer is nothing but a very weak magnet, and it falls out easily and quickly. It's a very annoying feature.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I've had Apple products since 1984 without problems. I always get AppleCare but in all that time only needed to use it once for an actual device problem. I have, however, used them for technical support - had trouble with a Microsoft product installed on the Mac. They worked me through that issue and gave me pointers on a lot of other products I have. I can't say enough good about the ease of use, durability, and the technical support I get from Apple.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I love my MacBook Pro as it is fast and reliable. It charges relatively quickly and keeps a charge for many hours. Updates are easy, and it is light and durable too.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Starts up quick and easy to use. Always does what I ask it to do and quickly. Well designed and thought out OS. Apple provides free classes to get you into their productivity software (if you have been a Microsoft user). And they have good support at the Apple Store.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The Macbook Pro was my favorite computer, EVER. Now, I have to let it go. They have taken out all the great features, like the magnetic power connector for one and now even more features are gone, as well as my continued support of Mac's.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

After working with Microsoft computers (HP, Vio and Dell) I have had less problems with my Macbook Pro than all of the others. Very durable and easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My aging Macbook Pro works like a charm, seven days a week! On the few occasions when I have a problem, support is ALWAYS accessible and able to offer a solution. AMAZING!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I've had my Macbook Pro for a little over a year and it's the best laptop I've ever owned hands down. I will never own anything else again. Even PC laptop I've owned in the past can't come close to the power and convenience.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have never been happier with any other company service as I am with Apple/Mac. They help me via telephone where they then share my computer screen with me. If I need a repair, the Apple Store is very well run.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I purchased an Apple MacBook Pro 13" screen for my wife a couple months ago. Flawless performance so far. High quality construction, component and the display is pinpoint clear. I won't go into great detail about how all the specs make for a fun, useful experience but suffice to say it is all they claim it to be! My wife could not download pics onto a knitting site but this was not an Apple problem. She spoke with two Apple CS reps, the second a "genius" level they call them. Meaning a Senior level. The issue was a tricky one due to the website.

Altogether the CS reps spent over an hour with her and fixed the issue. The CS folks are in US, always knowledgeable, courteous, patient and willing to take whatever time is necessary to make the customer happy. This is one reason why the price of Apple products. You get competent help and no back talk like with every other company I have read about who sell any computer products. We are an Apple family: iPads, iPhones and now MacBook Pro.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I returned a MacBook and I had to pay the return shipping and they took 20% of the cost even though the item was defective. But it’s up to them and they will take the 20% no matter what. That is bad business.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This is an older Mac Pro tower quad core and it is from 2008 and still runs excellent, Apple uses the best components in their computers and it shows in the long term reliability.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My Macbook laptop is most definitely the best computer I have ever owned. I can use it everywhere, never get a "blue screen" and never have any software issues even if I use a Microsoft product.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

This is a top computer with a great ease of use. I've been using the MacBook Pro and have had great support from Apple. It is more expensive than the PC line but it has a great value!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Never had a problem with the computer. If I could not do something, I got appointment at the genius bar and they answered my questions. Had no issues with using other devices either. Worked seamlessly with phone, iPad, printer.

Apple Macbook Company Information