Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Apple Macbook Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2019

I love my laptop, would never buy a PC! Have my current laptop since 2012. They do last. I use it professionally 80 percent and 20 percent for personal use. Best apps available for professional and personal use. Love editing photos and creating many creative documents.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have an iPad, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and an iPhone 8+ and they all work great. And beyond that, the AppleCare program is the best I have ever used. The support from Apple is beyond every other company with whom I have to deal.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Great company quite well done. Very smart and easy to use. Will tell anybody to use Apple and it's the best I ever had or used. Price high but it's way worth your money. Try it and see you will love it promise.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have MS & get confused easily. I am unable to figure out how to do anything this computer needs regarding updates, etc. I have no business having an Apple computer. One of our children or my husband has to bail me out when I am stuck on what I'm supposed to do. The one thing that irritates me the most is the passwords. I can never seem to type the same words twice. I only bought it because of its high security values. However, I have actually been hacked recently.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Apple products are so very easy to use and so reliable. I've got Microsoft stuff and a couple of HP laptops sitting in a corner because they are nearly useless after 3 years. Between viruses and updates that only make things worse, I just hate using Windows. Apple prices seem high when you compare laptop to laptop, but when you compare functionality to functionality, they are a bargain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have had several Mac Book Pros made in 2012-2014 fail. I have an iMac 27 that is far better! But my experience with Mac Book Pro is awful. Over $9,000 lost forever. Mac doesn’t fix these things after a certain period. To me it is planned obsolescence. The iMac 27 with a big cushion drive is the answer. But if you buy a Mac Book Pro, watch out!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Only been a year and it's starting to act up and freeze. First, I baby the crap out of my laptop because it was around $4,000.The computer is still in mint condition and I don't save anything on my internal SSD, just my external ones. The laptop has never been dropped or anything. Never gamed on it either (Who would?). The first year went okay for me, it worked but it wasn't the fastest which is expected. I got a MacBook because of the OS not performance. A year and a bit later the Catalina update came out and that's when everything changed. For a living I use photoshop, illustrator and InDesign. Thats all I use this laptop for really.

After getting the update my programs started acting up. Photoshop wouldn't save and then my filed would break and I would have to do all my work again. Illustrator wouldn't open sometimes and same with InDesign. so, I waited for Adobes updates to come out, and they did. Nothing changed. For some reason this is only happening to me and all my other co workers and friends are having a good time with it. So weeks of getting "help" from Apple customer service and this issue is still occurring. They keep making me do the same thing over and over and nothing changes. All the tests tell me my computer is working the way it should.

They pretend to care for you but they really don't. One of the guys told me that if I didn't have apple care that I would have to go into an apple store and get it fixed with my money... MY money. This computer is in mint condition (reminder). This laptop I've been sold is a broken product. Thank god I have AppleCare. Now weeks of this happening and multiple files getting destroyed i'm still doing the same tests with their support. I've been late on multiple projects, which my pay had to get delayed for because I was late. Just the other night I was working on a project for 3 hours and I saved throughout working on it.

Right before I closed my computer I did one last save... and it froze and destroyed my file. Then I spent another three hours on apple support doing the same old tests and answering the same questions. They still have no Idea what's wrong with this laptop and I can't do my work. I literally get scared to do anything on it because I fear that I might lose it all. Apple is pretty much refusing to believe that this product is broken and try to make a bunch of excuses to why these laptops cost so much.

I work in a marketing agency and we loved using apple because they were reliable but now we will be shifting to windows. Apple has shown that they don't care. They don't care if their customers are loyal. They don't care if you spend your 4,000 on these laptops. Be careful people. I went in blind because the laptops are pretty and I thought it was reliable because my old 2012 MacBook was a beast. It's not the same build quality. It really isn't. Take Care.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Slightly 1 year old MacBook Air cost of $1100 bought in-store has now faulty logic board diagnosed by Apple that will cost me $625+tax to repair. I am not sure I stay faithful fan of Apple after this crap. Good luck to others with bloody Apple products.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My 2017 MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2 thunderbolt 3 ports) is experiencing a similar problem as the 2016 model that was recalled, where the back light fails as a result of cable failure. As a result of this manufacturer defect, the laptop is unusable because the screen is so dim that nothing can be seen. This issue was confirmed by Apple Support after an appointment at the Apple Store. I also contacted Apple Support multiple times and because the laptop is over a year (but less than 2 years), they denied my request to repair it without charge.

They want me to pay over $450 for the machine to be repaired, as a result of their manufacturing defect. This is almost one third the cost of the laptop. I am very dissatisfied with the response by Apple Support and with the quality of this "top-of-the line" laptop. In addition to this issue, I have also recently learned that the keyboard for my model has been recalled. When paying this much money for a laptop, these are not the type of issues one would expect and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have only owned Macs. I bought my first one in about 1996. I can't evaluate them versus PCs because I have little experience with anything else. I have never had to deal with a virus in my system, ever. And they have seemed simple to operate for word processing, and later some web design which is what I have mainly used them for.

However, I think I will switch to a Linux system next time I buy. I am disgusted that the new laptop has pop up screens insisting that I buy something within the Mac system (even when I am word processing, or doing something unrelated to the internet--these are not internet based pop up screens) every time I turn my laptop on. Sometimes the pop up screens disallow me to continue word-processing without going to their site. Also, the reason I stayed with Mac was for consistency of software, but the new laptop is not compatible with my old files.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Apple Macbook Company Information