3.68/5

114 Apple Macbook Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Outstanding reliability and value. After owning many PCs, and constantly battling with reliability issues, viruses, and speed of operation I tried MAC products not only for me but for my business, and we have never looked back. That was over seven years ago and we still have some of the same laptops, that work as good as they did on the first day. There simply is no comparison, nothing anywhere close. The only issue that I encounter is Safari based as not all websites are so friendly. I refuse to download Chrome, or any other browser that could potential be allow for hacking.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I love my 13" MacBook Air, built in early 2013. It's the perfect size for an elderly, mostly bedridden person, like myself, as it fits comfortably next to me, in my bed. The keyboard fits my hands, and I love that it's back-lit! Sometimes I wish that the darks weren't quite so dark, when watching movies, and that the sound system was a little better. The battery life could be longer, as well. But everything else, including its weight, are really just perfect for me. I'm saving up for the newest 13" model, with all of its improvements! Oh! I sometimes have wondered if Mac places "animal attractants" in the expensive MagSafe cords! I've had to replace them, several times, because although I try to keep them hidden and protected, my cat and dogs zero in on whatever part of them is exposed, and they chew right through them, in the blink of an eye!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I rarely have issues. If I have an app accidentally crash, Apple has an excellent auto-save feature. The biggest issue I experienced was when I was working on a final paper for my graduate level studies during the summer using Microsoft Word. My whole paper corrupted and turned into asterisks. I lost 16 pages worth of work, and the final was due that day. I almost got a C, but I spoke to the professor, and was blessed with the ability to submit an academic extension. I finished got an A, but I lost a solid 30 hours worth of work, and had to rewrite my paper beginning from page 6. Not cool... Then again it was a Microsoft product.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I've been using Apple products since the first iPhone came out. I've had several iPhones and iPads, MacBook, iMac and an Apple TV. I love Apple! I prefer Apple over Androids because even though Apple is more expensive, their products are easier to use, integration is seamless, their products have fewer problems and last longer. Apple products are so easy to set up and transfer information. It just make life so much easier. And their customer service is outstanding. I used to use computer brands and they always had problems. My current MacBook is fantastic and I couldn't be happier with it. Once I switched to Apple and realized how great their products were, I knew I was staying with them. I'm a very satisfied long-term Apple customer and plan to continue using Apple.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This is my second MacBook Pro after 6 years of hassle-free use of previous MacBook Pro. The old MacBook still works perfectly fine, didn't have to reinstall the OS even once, never crashed, fairly robust (I even spilled liquid on it once) and it looks like new. But I wanted to upgrade the memory and get a newer version so I gifted the old one to family. The new MacBook arrived with a tiny cosmetic defect which is unusual for Apple products, and I got in touch with Apple Customer service, they replaced it for the same customized model in a matter of few days, no questions asked. Everything was very smooth and I am happy with my new laptop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have only owned Macs. I bought my first one in about 1996. I can't evaluate them versus PCs because I have little experience with anything else. I have never had to deal with a virus in my system, ever. And they have seemed simple to operate for word processing, and later some web design which is what I have mainly used them for.

However, I think I will switch to a Linux system next time I buy. I am disgusted that the new laptop has pop up screens insisting that I buy something within the Mac system (even when I am word processing, or doing something unrelated to the internet--these are not internet based pop up screens) every time I turn my laptop on. Sometimes the pop up screens disallow me to continue word-processing without going to their site. Also, the reason I stayed with Mac was for consistency of software, but the new laptop is not compatible with my old files.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I used to be an Apple fan and have been using only Apple for 10 years! I bought a brand spanking new Macbook Pro a year ago. Now already two of the keys are worn out, which means you can still use them but they get stuck and also the letter on the keys can't be seen anymore! I went to the apple store to get them replaced under warranty, which you would expect! But not so! It's a cosmetic problem???? So, if you buy a new Rolls Royce (well, that's how I always viewed Apple) and the paint comes off after a year, that wouldn't come under warranty?? I have a very frustrating hour-long conversation with the Apple support, which did nothing! Very disappointed and can't believe how bad their warranty and support is!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My MacBook went on fire and produced some huge amount of smoke and smell of burning plastic when being on standby mode and on charge. Luckily I was at home when it happened and managed to disconnect the MacBook from charging. This event put me and my family (wife and 3 young children aged 4, 2 and 1) at risk. I am very scared that Apple released such a faulty computers for sale and therefore putting their customers at risk. It has never happened to me with any other laptop and I was really hoping that by providing prompt repair and apology Apple would restore my trust in their brand, but exactly opposite happened.

I have received a phone call telling me that I would have to pay for the repair £459. I was shocked as I was promised during the initial assessment that this case will be raised as a safety issue and that the repair will be done free of charge. I am very disappointed that Apple thinks that it is ok that my family was put in danger of fire and that I should be now happy to pay for this repair after such a stressful event at home. I cannot image what could have happened if I were away from my MacBook when the fire started, it could even cost life of one of my children or even worse all of us if this would happen at night.

Despite all this nightmare Apple refused to take responsibility for the faulty MacBook and did not apologise and bluntly refused to repair their faulty unsafe product free of charge as promised during my initial assessment appointment. I am very disappointed with the service that I have received from Apple. If you bother about safety of your family please avoid Apple products at all cost. They only care about money and not customer’s safety. Shame on you Apple!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I used to love Apple products and have been an avid buyer for the last decade (multiple iPhones, MacBooks, iPads, beats and an Apple TV). My most recent experience has made me never want to purchase another product. I purchased a MacBook Pro in 2012, which wasn’t cheap, but when spending $2100 on a computer you would expect it to be quality. Boy was I wrong. The laptop all of the sudden would go to a gray screen when turned on and wouldn’t load from there. I looked up the issue online and found that this is a common issue with the 2011/2012 model of the MacBook, and Apple actually faced a class action lawsuit in 2014 over the defect, in which they offered out of warranty replacements from 2015-2016.

When I brought it to the Apple store they ran a diagnostic test and confirmed that it was the defective video card. The Apple Genius informed me that the company considers my laptop obsolete and they no longer make the part so there are no options for repair. He immediately recommended that I just purchase a new laptop. Why would I ever want to buy another MacBook from a company that considers the device obsolete after 5-7 years and won’t even fix it if you pay the out of warranty repair price. All buyers beware. Any Apple product you own will be considered obsolete 5-7 years after release and will not offer any repair options after that point. There used to be a time where they would repair any model of any product but those days are long gone.

Original review: March 30, 2019

My Macbook Pro fell down during the airport security check a few years back and the internal display stopped working. I called the Apple Customer Support who advised me to go to the service center which I did. They inspected it and told me that there are water traces inside and to fix it would cost more than the price. I tried my best to explain it that it stopped working since it fell down and it can't be due to water, but they didn't bother to look that aspect of the issue. They were even asking for a ridiculous amount to extract data. We decided not to get it fixed. So far it was working fine with an external monitor.

Today, my friend came in and then we opened up the back of the Macbook and disconnected and reconnected the battery and internal display started working without any issue. We are shocked if an ordinary person can fix it for us why Apple was unable to fix the issue. We were not expecting that level of service at least from Apple. We would like to know why Apple Service Center Professionals didn't bother address the real issue.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I still can't use my command key and the plus or minus key to increase or decrease the page. Also, if you want to type a consecutive letter or use the delete key to eliminate a sentence the keys mentioned are very slow. My old Macbook Pro was very fast and I had no trouble with the command key.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Absolutely TERRIBLE experience with this company! Horrible quality, service and price! I used to truly enjoy Apple products in the past until we purchased the newest MacBook Pro at the end of 2016. Unfortunately, we did not purchase the overpriced warranty as we expected this $2000 laptop to work properly as promised by Apple and what other regular laptop brands would do. At the beginning, I recognized a sticky 3 keys but did not deem it an issue worthy of spending hundreds on repair. A little after a year in, there was a severe issue with the logic board or motherboard. As a result, whenever the top part of the laptop was moved, the laptop would shut down. When we brought it to a technician, he estimated that it would cost over a thousand to repair it. Within 15 months, a $2000 laptop required repairs costing more than half of its original price! Can you believe this!!

Thus, we took it elsewhere to get it repaired. Unfortunately, this still cost around $600. Fortunately, it began functioning as it should once again. However, it was brought to our attention that there was an issue with the battery as well. I noticed that the laptop dies at 30-50%, and getting worse and worse. Additionally, the 3 key continued to be sticky and frequently didn’t work as expected. After researching these issues, I realized that Apple has received many complaints about the battery, logic board and the keyboard on this model. (Since the website doesn't allow any links, you can do your searching for Apple battery, keyboard and logic board).

I also learnt of the battery and keyboard replacement program. After checking my serial number, I realized I was eligible for it. Unfortunately, after taking it in stores and dealing with a few rude employees (Paul from Yorkdale and another unnamed individual), they told us that they could not repair it as it was taken elsewhere and gave us a few terrible excuses such as how a few screws were loose and there was some “liquid damage” which I later learnt was to be expected from regular use although it was covered by protection! They then stated they would not be able to guarantee a 100% successful repair as a result, so they can’t replace the malfunction battery – what kind of logic is this! And it wasted nearly a week of my time.

As a student who needs a laptop to do work, it is difficult for me to spend large amounts of time away from my laptop which means March break was the only time I could have and they completely wasted this time. As a result, it would also be difficult for me to bring it anywhere else as I need it for school. Back to the point, this “guarantee” is complete nonsense. Apple was SUPPOSED to guarantee that my laptop would work. Unfortunately, it does not. So all of these guarantees that you are speaking of are absolute crap as this laptop is CLEARLY malfunctioning in the first time. Needless to say I was incredibly disappointed with this experience and do not believe I will continue purchasing from Apple!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I like the dependability of the products, no viruses. Very rugged, lasts a long time, easy to use. Child friendly and elderly friendly. Love it, you have a great product!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I love my laptop, would never buy a PC! Have my current laptop since 2012. They do last. I use it professionally 80 percent and 20 percent for personal use. Best apps available for professional and personal use. Love editing photos and creating many creative documents.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have an iPad, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and an iPhone 8+ and they all work great. And beyond that, the AppleCare program is the best I have ever used. The support from Apple is beyond every other company with whom I have to deal.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Great company quite well done. Very smart and easy to use. Will tell anybody to use Apple and it's the best I ever had or used. Price high but it's way worth your money. Try it and see you will love it promise.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have MS & get confused easily. I am unable to figure out how to do anything this computer needs regarding updates, etc. I have no business having an Apple computer. One of our children or my husband has to bail me out when I am stuck on what I'm supposed to do. The one thing that irritates me the most is the passwords. I can never seem to type the same words twice. I only bought it because of its high security values. However, I have actually been hacked recently.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Apple products are so very easy to use and so reliable. I've got Microsoft stuff and a couple of HP laptops sitting in a corner because they are nearly useless after 3 years. Between viruses and updates that only make things worse, I just hate using Windows. Apple prices seem high when you compare laptop to laptop, but when you compare functionality to functionality, they are a bargain.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Apple’s service is unparalleled. I can call them and speak to a real person that will help me and walk through any steps I need. They take time with you and will encourage you to call back if you have any additional concerns.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I love my MacBook Pro and up until a month or two ago it was free from pop-ups and apps opening on their own! I tried searching for a solution but I only found solutions for apps opening at start-up.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

As a Windows convert, I'm still learning how to do things the Apple way. And, while I don't like exclusivity, Apple products get the job done, especially in product interactions (iPhone, MacBook, iTunes, etc.).

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

When I got my Macbook Air, I had no clue what I was doing. My parents gave it to me and I had never worked on a Mac before. The amazing thing is the Mac can teach you how to use it if you pay attention. Anything you still don’t understand, with one call Apple Care has you covered.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Some friends have other products and are frequently going to have service due to problems with viruses or who knows what. My MacBook, iMac and iPhone have never had a problem like that. Have been an Apple user since 1986. Never went anyplace else and I have used Dell, Microsoft stuff etc in work situations, I know the difference.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I'm on my second MacBook Pro. The first one lasted six years. They are built well, just not the easiest to figure out how to use. The 2017 model is lightweight and has good battery life. AppleCare has been very accommodating. Very patient even for us old folks trying to learn this stuff!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I think their phone prices have gone up too much. The top phone brands are all high. Apple Care is a must and Apple has taken care of me when there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Great product overall, highly efficient for the average customer, it retains its value better than any other products on the market. The pricing is extremely high, the Design is amazing. It requires very little maintenance and repairs. The Technology is always light years a head of the competition.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Apple is overrated. Become very greedy. Does not care about the people consumers and transparency. More worry about the stock market??? 0 innovation, quality is down, durability is down as well. However price is up for a product made in China??? Miss the creativity of Steve Jobs... Been with Apple since the earlier 80 and I must say, the pc world is today much better and much cheaper...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I use all Apple products (iPhone, iMac, MacBook, iPad, and Apple TV). With the exception of the iPhone all my products were purchased at the Apple Store. Tech support has always been excellent. Costly, yes. High quality, always.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Most reliable device I have used to date (17 years as a consultant). No viruses or bugs, updates run smoothly, able to run MS Office for Mac without any hiccups. Had partitioned half the hard drive for Bootcamp initially to run Windows applications, which made the MacBook nearly defective after 8 months. Other than that, straight Mac is the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I love my Apple products: two iPad Minis, three watches, one iPhone 8 Plus, and innumerable Apple accessories. Only one problem: they are expensive. But, like most others, I am willing to pay the price for the consistent excellence in design and manufacturing.

Apple Macbook Company Information