4.31/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

107 Apple Macbook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 5, 2019

I like the dependability of the products, no viruses. Very rugged, lasts a long time, easy to use. Child friendly and elderly friendly. Love it, you have a great product!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I love my laptop, would never buy a PC! Have my current laptop since 2012. They do last. I use it professionally 80 percent and 20 percent for personal use. Best apps available for professional and personal use. Love editing photos and creating many creative documents.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have an iPad, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and an iPhone 8+ and they all work great. And beyond that, the AppleCare program is the best I have ever used. The support from Apple is beyond every other company with whom I have to deal.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Great company quite well done. Very smart and easy to use. Will tell anybody to use Apple and it's the best I ever had or used. Price high but it's way worth your money. Try it and see you will love it promise.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have MS & get confused easily. I am unable to figure out how to do anything this computer needs regarding updates, etc. I have no business having an Apple computer. One of our children or my husband has to bail me out when I am stuck on what I'm supposed to do. The one thing that irritates me the most is the passwords. I can never seem to type the same words twice. I only bought it because of its high security values. However, I have actually been hacked recently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Apple products are so very easy to use and so reliable. I've got Microsoft stuff and a couple of HP laptops sitting in a corner because they are nearly useless after 3 years. Between viruses and updates that only make things worse, I just hate using Windows. Apple prices seem high when you compare laptop to laptop, but when you compare functionality to functionality, they are a bargain.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Apple’s service is unparalleled. I can call them and speak to a real person that will help me and walk through any steps I need. They take time with you and will encourage you to call back if you have any additional concerns.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I love my MacBook Pro and up until a month or two ago it was free from pop-ups and apps opening on their own! I tried searching for a solution but I only found solutions for apps opening at start-up.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

As a Windows convert, I'm still learning how to do things the Apple way. And, while I don't like exclusivity, Apple products get the job done, especially in product interactions (iPhone, MacBook, iTunes, etc.).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Outstanding reliability and value. After owning many PCs, and constantly battling with reliability issues, viruses, and speed of operation I tried MAC products not only for me but for my business, and we have never looked back. That was over seven years ago and we still have some of the same laptops, that work as good as they did on the first day. There simply is no comparison, nothing anywhere close. The only issue that I encounter is Safari based as not all websites are so friendly. I refuse to download Chrome, or any other browser that could potential be allow for hacking.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

When I got my Macbook Air, I had no clue what I was doing. My parents gave it to me and I had never worked on a Mac before. The amazing thing is the Mac can teach you how to use it if you pay attention. Anything you still don’t understand, with one call Apple Care has you covered.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Some friends have other products and are frequently going to have service due to problems with viruses or who knows what. My MacBook, iMac and iPhone have never had a problem like that. Have been an Apple user since 1986. Never went anyplace else and I have used Dell, Microsoft stuff etc in work situations, I know the difference.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I'm on my second MacBook Pro. The first one lasted six years. They are built well, just not the easiest to figure out how to use. The 2017 model is lightweight and has good battery life. AppleCare has been very accommodating. Very patient even for us old folks trying to learn this stuff!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I think their phone prices have gone up too much. The top phone brands are all high. Apple Care is a must and Apple has taken care of me when there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Great product overall, highly efficient for the average customer, it retains its value better than any other products on the market. The pricing is extremely high, the Design is amazing. It requires very little maintenance and repairs. The Technology is always light years a head of the competition.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Apple is overrated. Become very greedy. Does not care about the people consumers and transparency. More worry about the stock market??? 0 innovation, quality is down, durability is down as well. However price is up for a product made in China??? Miss the creativity of Steve Jobs... Been with Apple since the earlier 80 and I must say, the pc world is today much better and much cheaper...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I use all Apple products (iPhone, iMac, MacBook, iPad, and Apple TV). With the exception of the iPhone all my products were purchased at the Apple Store. Tech support has always been excellent. Costly, yes. High quality, always.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Most reliable device I have used to date (17 years as a consultant). No viruses or bugs, updates run smoothly, able to run MS Office for Mac without any hiccups. Had partitioned half the hard drive for Bootcamp initially to run Windows applications, which made the MacBook nearly defective after 8 months. Other than that, straight Mac is the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I love my 13" MacBook Air, built in early 2013. It's the perfect size for an elderly, mostly bedridden person, like myself, as it fits comfortably next to me, in my bed. The keyboard fits my hands, and I love that it's back-lit! Sometimes I wish that the darks weren't quite so dark, when watching movies, and that the sound system was a little better. The battery life could be longer, as well. But everything else, including its weight, are really just perfect for me. I'm saving up for the newest 13" model, with all of its improvements! Oh! I sometimes have wondered if Mac places "animal attractants" in the expensive MagSafe cords! I've had to replace them, several times, because although I try to keep them hidden and protected, my cat and dogs zero in on whatever part of them is exposed, and they chew right through them, in the blink of an eye!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I love my Apple products: two iPad Minis, three watches, one iPhone 8 Plus, and innumerable Apple accessories. Only one problem: they are expensive. But, like most others, I am willing to pay the price for the consistent excellence in design and manufacturing.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I find that the MacBook Pro is an amazing machine which meets all my needs and while in the beginning it takes a bit of getting used to coming from Windows once you start with Mac you will not look back. We just need a few more compatibility with other products, but this has come a long way in the 5 years that I have been using Mac. Congratulations Apple and SA we are getting there.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I love the simplicity of their products. Simple but elegant to use. Over the last few years the company has gone downhill with customer service, product life, and too many offerings. The shelf life seems to be about 30 days since newer, better, faster comes out almost monthly. So many security updates indicate poor beta testing. Apple Stores are like any other retailer now. Predatory financing options are a problem for some. Yet I remain an Apple user.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

It does not operate through windows system, and it is virtually virus free, and easy to understand how to operate. It is on the pricey side and does require upgrading from time to time. As with all modern tech it is designed to go out of use in a few years due to updates.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

The awful direction towards new connectors, constantly removing the old-ones like USB, FW 400, 800, Magnetic power charger etc., made Apple the worst company ever, who just does not care about their users and PRO users AT ALLLLL. We are moving the entire businesses to Dell, HP and Win 10 PRO.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I love my Mac. It allows me to do everything I need to do and more. Can't live without it. Use it for work and entertainment and connecting with my friends and family. It has a nice sleek look to it. It's convenient and light, so easy to transport.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I love my Macbook and its durability; however, Apple would not work with me when my computer motherboard died during my doctorate finals. I was less than a month out of the 3-year AppleCare I paid for but got no help. I have bought nothing but Apple products since 2007. Customer service is no help. There are no Apple stores anywhere close to me which makes it impossible to have my products fixed. I instead have to spend a ton of money to have others repair it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Hardware and software merge well. However hardware now glued together including battery, nothing can be upgraded. Battery has expanded twice and needed replacement. Product doesn't represent good value for money anymore.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

As an IBM tech for over 20 years, I am new to Apple products and this Macbook is really impressing me. I bought used nonworking Macbook to see how hard it would be to repair. It was super easy and I ended up doing a massive upgrade. Very impressed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I loathe working on anything Apple. Can't use it with any accounting program. Word, Excel don't function correctly. Mac is not better with graphics, that's just a lie. Unwieldy program. Horrible. I would love to see Apple close down.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a 2018 MacBook Pro with the i9 Chip. Fastest computer I’ve ever owned, extremely stable and very lightweight. Because it uses the USB type C connector for virtually everything, it’s a great product for the future, but right now it could be problematic because of the lack of availability of components using it. The computer interacts with my Apple Watch so that it will unlock the computer when I walk up to it without having to type in a password or to use my fingerprint login. All of the apps work flawlessly as expected with an Apple product.

Apple Macbook Company Information