4.49/5
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

65 Apple Macbook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I find this computer faster and more user friendly than most PCs, it also has notably fewer problems with viruses. On the downside, I found it necessary to download a Windows writing program. I found that the writing program format was not always compatible with some professors' computers and the use of Safari with some of the university's systems was problematic.

Original review: June 22, 2018

MacBook is reliable and better than Windows PC. However the laptop is approaching 7 years old and performance does the age. Still works good. But buying a new replacement is not cheap and you need 7 years to justify the cost.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 17, 2018

A computer is nothing without Support. Apple carries on the commitment of other great computer support teams like the ThinkPad Team of Lenovo for their business class products. I gave it my computer an A+++ for ease of use and support and beauty. I have always loved Apple Products and was happy to pay the extra it costs for remarkable products and service.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I've had my MacBook Pro since 2010 without any viruses or issues. However, I find the price of Apple products to be a bit high. It is also difficult to get help on the phone so you must make an appointment and go to the Apple store. I find the 'geniuses' sometimes very helpful, sometimes merely helpful.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The MacBook Air I use can be slow for about a week then magically clear up. Just remember to select one with enough storage. Pretty good, but you could get a laptop with similar specs for a couple hundred dollars less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Macs are intuitive, making them easy to learn and use. They are quick and powerful. They are well worth the price because they last so long. They are durable, and offer features other makers don't think of, like light-up keyboards so you can work comfortably at night. I bought my "new" one in 2013, and it runs like a charm. This is my second MacBook Pro. I replaced it after eight years because the bezel around the screen was cracked and it was going to cost $700 to replace it. My husband said to just get a new one. It still works, and I still use it occasionally.

Apple offers free updates of its OS and they are seamless. The machine itself has had a couple of repairs - once for a new power cord and once for a new screen (caused by a careless construction worker). Both were covered under AppleCare at no cost to me. Even not having a local repair person isn't a problem - turnaround time with AppleCare is never more than a week. There is an Apple dealer in another time, but they want a week just to look at your computer. And when you send it to Apple, they check the whole machine and fix anything else that might be wrong. I love Apple!

Original review: June 12, 2018

Had problem with mother failure so I recommend buying extra warranty before the first year expire. But this product is very stable and user-friendly.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I mainly purchased my Mac Pro because of its security in deterring most viruses and Trojans but it's not very user friendly. Too proprietary which makes normal PC applications difficult to use. For instance, most mp3 players are not compatible as well as many printers. So I find it necessary to have a PC to supplement my Mac Pro.

Original review: June 10, 2018

What I love about Apple Products in general is that they are less prone to viruses & other insidious programs. Also, they all talk to each other via iCloud which is really convenient for people on the go. I now own a MacPro, iPad, & iPhone and I really like them all.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love my Apple MacBook computer. It's conveniently easy to navigate because of its simplicity which I greatly appreciate as someone not well-versed in technology. So I only have good things to say it. We once tried another computer, HP, and the tech support was so complicated over the phone, we never figured it out and returned it for our money back. Then we bought an Apple MacBook and haven't tried another brand ever since.

The Apple Care tech support is amazing. Every time I've dealt with them, they're easy to understand and never complicated. Now they even have a service where they can see your computer screen from over the phone and direct you where to go on-screen with an arrow and tell you what to do. Last time we used them, we were getting pop-up chat windows masquerading as Apple Tech Support but the grammar wasn't completely correct and we were suspicious. So we called Apple Care, free of charge because you get Apple Care free for a year after purchasing their computer, and the technician informed us those pop-up windows were hackers and not real Apple Care Technicians. Needless to say, we were very grateful. I was so impressed by such professional service and protection that I'd never go anywhere else for my computer needs.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Long lived computer? I have had one for the last 6 years, works great. My wife has the latest MacBook Air and it replaced an 8 year old MacBook. And they are still worth something.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My niece and my brother had Apple computers and recommended them, so I got a MacBook Pro and have been pleased with its performance. I purchased it in 2013 and when I need a new computer, this is very likely what I will buy again. I really enjoy having a laptop and WiFi. My father-in-law calls it my "magic box" when I take it downstairs to his apartment to show him pictures on Facebook or "travel" via Google Maps.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very good, reliable products with excellent technical support when needed! Good ability to schedule help or research on my own through knowledge base.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have the MacBook Air, Apple iPad, and Apple phone. I am very happy with them. I am not always happy with the Simply Mac store when I go there for help, but the technical support online has always been very helpful. I have never had a virus, although I have been told it is possible and I have been using Apple products for approximately 15 years.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I will never ever go back to a Microsoft operating system. I have gone through too many pieces of crap to ever experience the nightmare that is Microsoft. My Apple laptop has given me no insurmountable problems since I purchased it in 2011. Microsoft ha they've just up and died on me for no particular reason. Started with 95 and lasted until 8 then just swore of that OS forever.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The speed and dependability of this unit is amazing. The construction is superb. The backlit keys, the aluminum case and the proprietary charge cord that disconnects are truly well thought out and applied concepts.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Macs are fast and reliable computers and the Apple Macbook is a great little computer. I have read that there is not much difference any longer but I disagree. My PC was compromised several times with a virus which was difficult to remove. On the other hand, my Apple Macbook has not had one virus over the several years that I have owned it. There is less chance of a virus attacking your Mac than a PC. So I am able to continue working on my Mac without the worry of a virus shutting me down. Even though a Mac takes a little time to master after using a PC, using a Mac over a PC is a better option.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My finding regarding the use of an Apple Macbook is very highly recommended by myself and family members, very user friendly. I would definitely buy another one.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I love all Apple products. I have no complaints, only admiration for their products, they have always done me well and lasted for many years. I have owned multiple Apple products since 1997.

Original review: May 31, 2018

As a teacher I have used computers on a daily basis ever since they were introduced in Australian schools. Initially I used a variety of Windows computers. In 2012 I changed to Apple MacBook Pro. I find it to be a far superior product, in every aspect, with excellent and timely support options. I would never go back to a Windows product.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The Apple Macbook has an excellent image quality plus it is easy to use. I purchase the laptop 3 years ago and had no service issue. I use it mostly for music and video streaming.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have only had my MacBook Air for two years. Recently it crashed on me and it's totally non-functioning. I have always found the operating system to be difficult. I bought it because I thought it would last me longer than other brands. Not true!

Original review: May 27, 2018

This is a completely reliable, functional, easy to use, and almost a 100 percent virus resistant laptop. And it is light, sleek, and absolutely beautifully designed.

Original review: May 26, 2018

The cost of Apple Macbook seems high for its capabilities. Having to buy extra equipment to be able to use flash drives makes it even more costly than other comparable computers.

Original review: May 25, 2018

At eight years old Apple Macbook still going. The drive died at age five. I replaced it with flash drive internal. The battery connector had trouble at five years, we use it now with the wall adapter. Heavy use, accounts and math.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I made the switch from a PC to a Macbook Pro about 5 years ago. Being very non technologically inclined I was amazed at how intuitive using this computer was. Very happy with it. Tech support is beyond terrific. My only complaint and this is a fairly big one in spite of what I've written above is that often upgrades screw up other functions and have even disabled my printer, which I do not know how to reset to the new Apple specifications. Thus I rarely upgrade any of the suggested Apple upgrades as much as I do believe that's a bad idea.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The Macbook Pro has served me well in value, durability and ease of use. I became frustrated with a number of the PC issues (updates at bad times and too long, changes in shortcuts and user platform, etc). For me the Mac is more stable, predictable and user friendly. I am more than willing to pay a little more, to get more.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have had Apple Mac products since 1984 and they have all lasted an average of 10 years. I have only experienced one hardware failure and that was a floppy drive back in 1986. I currently use a MacBook Pro and my wife does also. Very little problems and Apple customer support is better now than ever before!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Last Apple product I will ever buy and I am selling my stock today. These lousy products and terrible support are not going to sustain the company. They acted like it was such a grand gesture to replace the drive. Well I lost my data and don't have a computer. I have been a loyal Apple customer for 10 years. This experience ended my loyalty and gave me the determination to find alternative products. They suggested I could take the product to a certified Apple dealer, pay $150 for them to recover my data. I already paid for Apple Care. This migration to poor products and service happened to a company I worked for and the result was not good.

Original review: March 26, 2018

There is a period of adjustment moving from Windows based systems but it is well worth it once you learn to navigate in Mac OS world. The speed and ease of use is phenomenal.

Apple Macbook Company Information