3.49/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Apple Macbook

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

115 Apple Macbook Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Outstanding reliability and value. After owning many PCs, and constantly battling with reliability issues, viruses, and speed of operation I tried MAC products not only for me but for my business, and we have never looked back. That was over seven years ago and we still have some of the same laptops, that work as good as they did on the first day. There simply is no comparison, nothing anywhere close. The only issue that I encounter is Safari based as not all websites are so friendly. I refuse to download Chrome, or any other browser that could potential be allow for hacking.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I love my 13" MacBook Air, built in early 2013. It's the perfect size for an elderly, mostly bedridden person, like myself, as it fits comfortably next to me, in my bed. The keyboard fits my hands, and I love that it's back-lit! Sometimes I wish that the darks weren't quite so dark, when watching movies, and that the sound system was a little better. The battery life could be longer, as well. But everything else, including its weight, are really just perfect for me. I'm saving up for the newest 13" model, with all of its improvements! Oh! I sometimes have wondered if Mac places "animal attractants" in the expensive MagSafe cords! I've had to replace them, several times, because although I try to keep them hidden and protected, my cat and dogs zero in on whatever part of them is exposed, and they chew right through them, in the blink of an eye!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a 2018 MacBook Pro with the i9 Chip. Fastest computer I’ve ever owned, extremely stable and very lightweight. Because it uses the USB type C connector for virtually everything, it’s a great product for the future, but right now it could be problematic because of the lack of availability of components using it. The computer interacts with my Apple Watch so that it will unlock the computer when I walk up to it without having to type in a password or to use my fingerprint login. All of the apps work flawlessly as expected with an Apple product.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I rarely have issues. If I have an app accidentally crash, Apple has an excellent auto-save feature. The biggest issue I experienced was when I was working on a final paper for my graduate level studies during the summer using Microsoft Word. My whole paper corrupted and turned into asterisks. I lost 16 pages worth of work, and the final was due that day. I almost got a C, but I spoke to the professor, and was blessed with the ability to submit an academic extension. I finished got an A, but I lost a solid 30 hours worth of work, and had to rewrite my paper beginning from page 6. Not cool... Then again it was a Microsoft product.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I've been using Apple products since the first iPhone came out. I've had several iPhones and iPads, MacBook, iMac and an Apple TV. I love Apple! I prefer Apple over Androids because even though Apple is more expensive, their products are easier to use, integration is seamless, their products have fewer problems and last longer. Apple products are so easy to set up and transfer information. It just make life so much easier. And their customer service is outstanding. I used to use computer brands and they always had problems. My current MacBook is fantastic and I couldn't be happier with it. Once I switched to Apple and realized how great their products were, I knew I was staying with them. I'm a very satisfied long-term Apple customer and plan to continue using Apple.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Macbook?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My 2017 MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2 thunderbolt 3 ports) is experiencing a similar problem as the 2016 model that was recalled, where the back light fails as a result of cable failure. As a result of this manufacturer defect, the laptop is unusable because the screen is so dim that nothing can be seen. This issue was confirmed by Apple Support after an appointment at the Apple Store. I also contacted Apple Support multiple times and because the laptop is over a year (but less than 2 years), they denied my request to repair it without charge.

They want me to pay over $450 for the machine to be repaired, as a result of their manufacturing defect. This is almost one third the cost of the laptop. I am very dissatisfied with the response by Apple Support and with the quality of this "top-of-the line" laptop. In addition to this issue, I have also recently learned that the keyboard for my model has been recalled. When paying this much money for a laptop, these are not the type of issues one would expect and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have only owned Macs. I bought my first one in about 1996. I can't evaluate them versus PCs because I have little experience with anything else. I have never had to deal with a virus in my system, ever. And they have seemed simple to operate for word processing, and later some web design which is what I have mainly used them for.

However, I think I will switch to a Linux system next time I buy. I am disgusted that the new laptop has pop up screens insisting that I buy something within the Mac system (even when I am word processing, or doing something unrelated to the internet--these are not internet based pop up screens) every time I turn my laptop on. Sometimes the pop up screens disallow me to continue word-processing without going to their site. Also, the reason I stayed with Mac was for consistency of software, but the new laptop is not compatible with my old files.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I used to be an Apple fan and have been using only Apple for 10 years! I bought a brand spanking new Macbook Pro a year ago. Now already two of the keys are worn out, which means you can still use them but they get stuck and also the letter on the keys can't be seen anymore! I went to the apple store to get them replaced under warranty, which you would expect! But not so! It's a cosmetic problem???? So, if you buy a new Rolls Royce (well, that's how I always viewed Apple) and the paint comes off after a year, that wouldn't come under warranty?? I have a very frustrating hour-long conversation with the Apple support, which did nothing! Very disappointed and can't believe how bad their warranty and support is!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My MacBook went on fire and produced some huge amount of smoke and smell of burning plastic when being on standby mode and on charge. Luckily I was at home when it happened and managed to disconnect the MacBook from charging. This event put me and my family (wife and 3 young children aged 4, 2 and 1) at risk. I am very scared that Apple released such a faulty computers for sale and therefore putting their customers at risk. It has never happened to me with any other laptop and I was really hoping that by providing prompt repair and apology Apple would restore my trust in their brand, but exactly opposite happened.

I have received a phone call telling me that I would have to pay for the repair £459. I was shocked as I was promised during the initial assessment that this case will be raised as a safety issue and that the repair will be done free of charge. I am very disappointed that Apple thinks that it is ok that my family was put in danger of fire and that I should be now happy to pay for this repair after such a stressful event at home. I cannot image what could have happened if I were away from my MacBook when the fire started, it could even cost life of one of my children or even worse all of us if this would happen at night.

Despite all this nightmare Apple refused to take responsibility for the faulty MacBook and did not apologise and bluntly refused to repair their faulty unsafe product free of charge as promised during my initial assessment appointment. I am very disappointed with the service that I have received from Apple. If you bother about safety of your family please avoid Apple products at all cost. They only care about money and not customer’s safety. Shame on you Apple!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I used to love Apple products and have been an avid buyer for the last decade (multiple iPhones, MacBooks, iPads, beats and an Apple TV). My most recent experience has made me never want to purchase another product. I purchased a MacBook Pro in 2012, which wasn’t cheap, but when spending $2100 on a computer you would expect it to be quality. Boy was I wrong. The laptop all of the sudden would go to a gray screen when turned on and wouldn’t load from there. I looked up the issue online and found that this is a common issue with the 2011/2012 model of the MacBook, and Apple actually faced a class action lawsuit in 2014 over the defect, in which they offered out of warranty replacements from 2015-2016.

When I brought it to the Apple store they ran a diagnostic test and confirmed that it was the defective video card. The Apple Genius informed me that the company considers my laptop obsolete and they no longer make the part so there are no options for repair. He immediately recommended that I just purchase a new laptop. Why would I ever want to buy another MacBook from a company that considers the device obsolete after 5-7 years and won’t even fix it if you pay the out of warranty repair price. All buyers beware. Any Apple product you own will be considered obsolete 5-7 years after release and will not offer any repair options after that point. There used to be a time where they would repair any model of any product but those days are long gone.

Apple Macbook Company Information