4.07/5

155 Apple iPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The iPad as a device should be less expensive and have more storage. The power is in the apps that the iPad delivers. Given that I can get a sharp 32 inch WiFi enabled TV for $99 only thing missing is the battery.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Once we knew what to do we loved it and we are seniors. Recently purchased a manual iPad for seniors and learning even more what to do with it. We use FaceTime a lot as our kids live far away. It's of course very portable so you can use it everywhere when Wi-Fi is available. I call it my "Wonder pad".

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have an iPad Air 2. Unlike Apple phones and older tablets this product is supported for a longer time already, getting the newest OS updates and its hardware is still up to date. This includes specification and design. All apps are running smoothly, the battery life is still decent although deteriorating.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The iPad Pro has become a great writing and image processing tool and as a blogger and professional photographer I cannot be without it. I use it to process raw files that I am shooting on location and in doing so immediately move them to a blog article that I might be writing without ever returning home. In the car, on a log, in a coffee shop, anywhere. The access it provides is incredible.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Any time I have an issue, maybe 2 times in 10 years, Apple Support has been extremely helpful as well as courteous. I love my iPad. It is reliable, easy to use and a convenience. I am not prepared to give up - Ever! (Some would consider me elderly.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I truly love the Apple products. I use the iPhone as well as the iPad. I can’t imagine using anything else. I can’t even remember what it was like without both of these products. I could not switch to a different brand.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I use an Android phone but I enjoy my iPad. It is very capable of handling everything I need. I am very happy with it. I wish the glass touchpad was made of a sturdier glass. Mine shattered when it slipped from my hand. That has been VERY troublesome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Although the iPad is of state of the art technology, excellent quality and durability it has its quirks and glitches. The operating system is very restrictive and limited access to non-Apple devices and software. iPad is not an open architecture device. Restrictions to backup and syncing with iTunes can be cumbersome and monotonous.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The best, iPad Pro. The quality stereo sound of the speakers are clear perfect. Big enough to see and comfortable to handle. A must have in your technology equipment. I switched from an iPad 3 to the Pro. At first saw it too big but after two days I was adapted and didn’t want to use the other anymore. Until now, I don’t have any problems yet.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I really like my iPad Mini. I've had it going on four years now. It still functions great. However, I just don't like Apple iOS. It's so constraining and restrictive compared to what I can do with my cellphone (Android) and Google.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Having an Apple Store nearby with all the free lessons is of great help in these days of rapidly expanding technical advancements. Also APPLE support and especially Communities is a great way of solving any problems. I love the quality of Apple products and how they package their products.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The price paid does not represent good value for money. Limited shops to get support service. Wifi dropout problems etc. A survey done suggests only 20% of people think it’s good value for money.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My iPad Air 2 is my go to mobile entertainment device as well as my device for light research. I would like to see some improvements/upgrades (aside from the iPad Pro) to their tablets. The focus is on phones and I understand this is the company's bread and butter. However, for me the convenience and size of the iPad Air 2 is perfect. I would like to see some loosening of the ecosystem to allow for better integration to non-Apple products (I.E .Roku support etc), but other than that I have zero complaints of consequence.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I’ve always loved my Apple products. Never had a problem that Apple hasn’t fixed for me. Love working with my iPad and my watch is the best. I feel safe when I have my Apple Watch on and feel totally watched over.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have been using the iPad since it was first released and love the portability, ease of use and syncing across all of my Apple devices. It is much easier to travel with than a laptop, but provides more screen real estate than my iPhone.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I got my first iPad when they came out and was the best purchase for me. I have since then bought the iPad Air, iPad Pro, and the iPad Air 2. I use to use my computer all the time, now it isn’t even plugged in. My iPad has replaced my need to use my computer. I have been a Mac Apple fan for over 14 years and I think they are great!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The ease of use and ability to locate apps and functionality. The iPad to me is expensive ho, the durability is awesome. When considering purchasing, the more storage the better. I love the picture quality of the camera and the different filters although, I wish there was an option to select the ISO.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I’ve had my iPad for quite a while & have found it exceptionally good. If I have any trouble with it I take it to an Apple store & they fix it with no hassles. The after service is great. I have never had another brand.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have had the IPAD MINI series for over 5 Yrs now and I love the easy hands-on reliability and professionalism the series puts to every purchasers. Easy to operate. Also Apple has a great customer service teams that are available 24/7 if I need any assistance whatsoever. Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

My iPad is great. This is the only Apple product I have owned. I would recommend the Apple iPad to anyone. It is wi-fi only and works really great even when I am away from home. Apple is a little costly but I bought mine 2nd hand.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I absolutely love my iPad! In fact my husband and I both have one and would never have any other brand. We bought an android for the grandchildren and there really is no comparison. The quality and performance is unmatched! I tell anyone who has android they would never go back if they tried Apple.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I love the iPads when they are new, however, they just do not last more than a year. It's a very expensive product for one that just 'gives out' after a relatively short life. I have 3 at home... and the newest one is over a year old and I cannot add anything new or do any of the software updates. I have switched to Fire Tablet and will see how long those last comparatively.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I really enjoy having the iPad, small enough to carry when traveling. It has replaced me having a laptop and I can print from a wireless printer. It is not however paired up with my iPhone so I have to erase from both devices.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

iPad has been nothing but a nightmare. I absolutely hate this tablet. Samsung is much more user friendly. 4 times now my ID has been compromised. I never had these issues with Samsung. Eats up internet, nothing but issues. I will never compromise my values again, swore would never buy an Apple product after San Bernardino...Shame on me.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I called support THREE TIMES in the past - each call lasted OVER an hour and the last two resulted in being transferred to another tech at which time I was taken back to the main menu the first time and no one answered - just silence on the second attempt. I was DREADING having to contact tech support again when I got my iWatch. The first lady acted TOTALLY dumbfounded when I asked about the ECG app. The call ended up being disconnected after about 30 min. I called back and Jose answered.

By this time, I was irritated and was short with Jose at FIRST. But after he answered my question, I was more comfortable with him and asked him about the storage problem I had. I didn't even go into detail and he answered the question. It took over six hours to get a no answer on the last two calls and over 50 min on the first call I made. I gave only 3 stars because JOSE WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF THE THREE TECHNICIANS that knew what he was talking about and actually listened.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I bought an iPad and after first charge it doesn’t charge anymore. I bought from office work and when I went there to exchange it, they said, "It’s your fault." They said they can send for repair but they will charge to me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My iPad suddenly froze while I was using it. I powered it off and then it would never turn back on no matter how much I charged it. It was less than 1 year old so I contacted Apple. They sent the box to return the iPad by FedEx and I used their packing and sent it in, cleaning it off beforehand. There were NO scratches, dents or anything on it. In my naivety I did not take pictures beforehand. Well sure enough once Apple got their hands on it they sent some picture of a dent on the corner near the ON/OFF switch. Absolutely was not there before I sent it, I kept holding that button and looking at it so I would have noticed the dent that they sent.

I asked how the FedEx box was as it must have been damaged in transit. Well they had no idea, they threw the box out (huh??). So they will not cover the repair and want me to pay $449 plus tax for them to fix it. When I contacted them they would NOT put their response in writing (chat transcript). They called me and then stuck me on hold. Absolutely most unethical thing and most unprofessional handling of this matter. They weaseled out of paying for a repair for a brand new iPad that didn't even last one year. I will start migrated all of my devices out of Apple. They charge absolutely too much money to not stand behind their products.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The most devastating experience I ever had in my life. I bought an iPad Pro. The second day it stopped working, on the screen “no service”. I went to pick up for replacement in Chadstone, Australia, 2 staff members were arrogant & rude. The replacement is refurbished iPad, it’s only 2 days I had it, I work full time and was unable to take my iPad at the earliest. Apple has a policy when replacing a faulty iPad a refurbished iPad will be given to customers instead of a brand new one. I was shocked! I paid for a brand new equipment and they insisted a refurbished iPad as they claimed it’s their policy. This information should be included in the box, so the information was withheld by Apple. If I knew this was the case I’ll stay away from Apple products all together.

I’ve spoken to a woman from Consumer Affairs Victoria and I was informed Apple has breached Section 54, 55 & 60 of Consumer rights. I will be contacting VCAT and the media and will take the matter seriously to ensure the future generations have a lot better ICT and services available. In summary, stay away from Apple products and Apple store, it’s money making business, ruthless, very unfair. I paid for a brand new item to be replaced by a second hand item. I thought about this, how can I be sure that the one I bought is actually a brand new one. There’s a lot of complaints about Apple iPad are the items really brand new or refurbished, are we all been taken for a ride? Where’s the value for money?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

This is my 5th iPad. I love them but this last one I bought freezes up then restarts my computer. I took it to the Apple Store which is 2 hours from my home, they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it but would replace it if they had one but they didn’t. He told me to contact customer service and they would replace it for me. I did and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. For a few weeks it was okay. Now it has all started again. I’m thinking this will be the last iPad I buy.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Have had this unit for over 3 yrs and have 85% more usage than my Dell computer. More compact for travel and for visual transfer passage to another person. Storage a plus of data but the transfer of videos a slight struggle.

Apple iPad Company Information