4.08/5

155 Apple iPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2019

Two dysfunctional Apple products in one week! First the newest iPad Pro was not working and had to be replaced, secondly I ordered an UBS-C -> USB adopter from the online store that was completely broken! Unacceptable.

Original review: April 4, 2019

They are the devil! Refused to give me access to my dead grandmothers iPad. They are the only ones on the planet that can give me this information to have a lasting connection to my dead grandmother and they said no. How can they live with themselves??? Satan has entered my life and it looks like this??? Don't support these soulless information zombies. They will suck the life out of you!!!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My iPad Pro is an excellent product, does everything I need and more. But as I am now retired it will be very hard to expect to purchase a new one as the prices are getting way too high. That makes me sad as I like to keep up with new technology.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was given an iPad. Only use it in the house. Others have iPhone in the house. I use an S9. Son has a setup of Apple tv. I just never use it. Yes, the product is overprice, my iPad was given to me as a gift.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I don’t need a computer and don’t want one because I can use my iPad for everything I need. It is very portable and convenient and I can upgrade the system whenever it tells me to. I don’t have an iPhone, but my wife does so I feel we are “covered.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I presently own several Apple products and I am saddened by the quality of the newer models. I have the larger sized iPad. I have had numerous problems with repeated no or slow connection to websites. Touchscreen does not connect upon touching.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Terrible iPad 4 Mini. Can't get but 1 email to work & odd things. Totally useless. That do nothing but take up space on your smaller screen. I have 4 email addresses and can get only one to work. I am close to throwing it in the trash since I don't want someone else to go through what I have.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Apple products just work, every time. In the rare cases you need technical support, they are awesome, unlike Microsoft. Bill Gates - the world’s richest junk dealer. I use my iPad for nearly everything, flawless performance.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

As usual, this is a outstanding Apple product, and company support is thorough and clear. Like all Apple products it is easy to learn and extremely useful. It integrates easily with all Apple products.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Once you go Apple you rarely go back. I have a iPhone, iPad and a MacBook. I have never had any problems with security with them. I find the iPad and iPhone exceptionally easy to use.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

All the apps are not working in my iPad though I try to install them all. It is asking for update to version 10 or more and I do not have any updates coming in for software update as well. I am using a 3rd generation iPad. The money I spend should have some value and being a brand like Apple should be able to meet all their customer expectations.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The products are well thought out and engineered so that they are pretty much ready to go without much effort or product knowledge. They have been durable and reliable for normal everyday usage to my experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I am on my third Apple iPad which is the iPad Air 2. It’s not my 3rd because of breakage - the first original iPad still works! I’ve upgraded because the iOS on the other 2 is obsolete, and can’t be updated. iPads are great, durable products and as much can be done on them as on a laptop. Never giving it up!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The readability on the iPad rates great... I find it a bit more difficult to navigate than my previous Android tablet. The camera is excellent but I did find the Android tablet a bit easier to use all around.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I find iPad meets my mobile needs. I have owned for a while upgrading twice. I am able to access various apps. I am able to remotely access files. I stream shows. It is like having a laptop but is easier for traveling.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This is the second Apple product I had that has died a few months past the end of the warranty. The first was a computer and the company did right fixing it at no charge saying the component should not have worn out the way it did. Now, history is repeating itself without the happy ending this time. My high-end iPad Pro 12.9 that I use mostly to watch videos when I work out or do housework was not used all that much. Either way, it was operating exactly as it had been.

Since Apple has had some security problems lately I have been applying iOS updates as they come out rather than waiting. NO problem. Then quite out of the blue there is one update that will not install because it says it is not plugged in and the battery is not charged over 50%. Odd I think since I had plugged it in earlier that week. Still I plug in the charger and expect that it can apply the update. It does not detect the charger - almost like the lightning port has been disabled. I plug it into the Mac computer - same thing, does not detect iTunes. I change cables, no difference.

I had not had a single problem charging the tablet before so if the charging port was bad you would expect it to have intermittent problems and then fizzle out. But no, one day it worked perfectly fine and the next day it did not work AT ALL and the only changes were the updates. So it made no sense when the Apple Genius Bar tech gives the company line 'These components are mass produced and they might fail.' If it was under warranty they would fix/replace it or if I had sprung for AppleCare extended warranty it would be replaced. This $1300 paperweight should not break 15 months after purchase – I have a cheap Android tablet that’s almost 6 years old and it powers on and chugs along just fine.

I cannot say I am the most loyal Apple customer – I don’t buy the new device every year they come out – but I probably am (or at least I was) a consistent customer; I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone, an iPod and this iPad Pro. To say that I have had two devices fail within a few months of warranty expiration is disturbing to say the least – and my iPhone seems to be limping along as it is (probably related to the battery issue Apple screwed us all on). I know it is the largest company in the world but it makes you wonder if that’s because of great products or because of the loyal customers who overlook devices that are designed to break so we replace them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The iPad is so unique in its performance and features. The power on and off features are quick. The ability to use multiple tasks with the aid of swiping, scrolling is far superior to many products. The gesture that best says it all about the iPad is “no virus”.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The power/data plug socket is too flimsy and broke. Apple's proprietary BS is NOT user friendly. It is the main reason I only own one Apple product. I want to be able to move files around and view them as I choose.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This tablet is very user friendly, the highest of high reliability, and the apps are very well vetted. Its utility is way higher than a desktop computer. Only issue is it’s not easy to create and edit documents.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

It took me a long time to figure out the map app. Somehow that could have been made easier. I think the message area is good but it is too many strokes to delete messages. Messages without ID are annoying especially if it has anything to do with health issues. It would be good if the phone went to text or phone but identified the caller.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Apple is wonderful! Problem free, durable! The only thing is the cords need to be more durable. The cords needs to be replaced too often. But the function is so much better than anything at have ever used.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The iPad for us. The price point is horrible for a family. Brand new iPad Pro 12.9 discouraging battery life. Screen resolution good. Difficult to find new cases for this model. New pencil 2 works well.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

It is great for my wife...but confusing to me. They last so long that Apple discontinues support to get one to buy another. It is a quality item, and she really loves hers. I don't care for the operating system.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Bring prices down, Apple’s mark-up is too high. Longer lasting batteries, not so many or frequent updates. Make Apple brand cords, chargers, etc... available at retailers such as Sam’s Club. All in all, though, I love my iPhone & iPad.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I love the iPad because it is so easy to take with me and use wherever I go. I use it several times a day for a wide variety of purposes. Its durability is fantastic. The automatic updates are convenient and necessary for continuous improvement. The only thing that I would like to have is a USB port to download information onto the iPad. It would make transferring data from a computer so easy. Other than that, I am well pleased.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It took some time to get use to the iPad. The iPad charger can only be used on the iPad. I have had mine quite a long time so mine is an old version, my screen has a cover on from the start which has kept it in very good condition. Apple need to think about the price to bring it in line with the other models.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Apple is overpriced for what is now a mainstream product. I still prefer them because I am used to them but can easily go Android when I wear my iPad out. Having said that, they do retain top spot as far as performance in password help and battery life.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I first had a tablet and it was a lot of problems, then I bought my Apple iPad and have not had any issues with it. If I had to tell anyone it would be to spend the extra money because it is worth every penny.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The iPad is user-friendly, and the iPad Mini is larger now but not too large. It’s the best tablet, in my opinion. The iPhone is great too. I’ve been using them for many years and would never change brands.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Excellent product. I have used Apple equipment for over several years and found the quality consistently superior. It not just one device but the entire product line is so well integrated that going from iPad to the Notebook to the iWatch is almost seamless.

Apple iPad Company Information