1.51/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Apple iPad

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 12, 2017

61 Apple iPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Don't buy iPad, or Apple computer you will be locked out for one week or more to retrieve your iCloud password, you have to wait for at least 7 days to get a new password. I have lost time and money on this useless iPad I can't even use or my Apple computer I can't use either without an iCloud password.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I think what Apple doing is not legal and cheating to the customers. First the iPad, cellphone, smart, computers Mac, and all other devices are easy to be broken. It abuses to buy very expensive and be cheated with differences prices and offers. I have two Apple iPad and both have the glasses broken. They told me that the price is $200.00 to replace the iPad 4 and the Air 2 not make sense to fix at this moment because is not too bad.

I made the appointment for Saturday 26, but I went the day after and did the appointment for the same day, asked again the prices before confirmed the appointment the person confirm the price several persons confirmed. When I got the appointment I asked again to Jerry ** the technician or customer care, he said "yes" after I give iPad 4. He tried to charge $300. I asked for the manager Sean **. It is the company practice and prices. They enter the information of the device and the prices are available.

I follow what they said, went two times to the store that was full with a lot of customers with the same problem or similar. I think the quality of the products they are doing it is to make more profits. I known this week two more person who they make appointment over the telephone and one of them they said 120 to fix the smartphone 7 as they charge 300 and replaced they take the old phone and continue making profits. They market economic protect business but needs to protect the consumers to protect the society and democracy. It is not good how abusing to the consumers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 8, 2017
    My wife gave me an iPad 2 in November 2011. It was great for the first three to four years with no hiccups. As it's aging the performance has turned sluggish. It is understandable for an aged processor. Starting a little over a couple of years ago the message of "a problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded" kept on popping up when I read a webpage. Every time the message appears, reloading will happen. With a slow processor, the experience just become intolerable.

Google the problem. I learned the problem is with Safari and it is not NEW. My iOS is updated. Apple just keeps on ignoring the problem.

Original review: March 11, 2017

My iPad (MD531LL/A) which was released in 2012 started being extremely slow to the point I got upset by just thinking I would have to turn it on to do a task. That started happening after other iPad generations came out. Recently I brought it to an Apple store with hope that Apple could solve this issue regarding their own product but the answer they gave me was rather upsetting and negligent with a customer: "your iPad is from a very old generation". Unfortunately Apple products were not made to last. Unfortunately Apple did not let me know this when I spent around $500 at the time it was released. If I knew I would have to spend that amount of money every time a new Apple iPad came out (which happens every year) I certainly wouldnt spend my money with it and this is the reason I made the decision to move from Apple to Samsung.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've had an iPad for a few years now and it would not stay charged even though it said 50% or 100%. It would turn black as soon as a screen would come up. I took it to Apple and they could not fix it and said I'd have to buy a new 1 and they'd take some $ off. I only had it 3 years when this started happening. It's in a hard case and looks brand new and I paid about $800 for it. Someone told me they usually die after 2 years when I called for help. I am very disappointed that this happened and won't buy another 1. I bought my mom the mini after as well so I guess that'll be going off soon too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Overall, I hate my IPad Gaming Experience! Enough has been detailed about the storage and the processor! Many apps are eating up gigabytes and are crashing the iPad! Goodbye Apple for the personal gaming experience! Say hello to the BlueStacks Application on the PC! This conversation is ended!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I can do everything I need to do on the IPad Pro than I can do on my Sony Computer. This includes using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft products. It is so user friendly and the apps availability are unbelievable. I absolutely love this product and purchased one as a graduation gift for an individual studying to be a PA. She has dazzled her professors with its capability by utilizing the anatomy apps available. She shares it in class. One anatomy app was $25 but she states it is better than any book and states she does not know what she would do without it. They are a little expensive but well worth the price. Lightweight, portable, educational and awesome! The experience alone makes this product well worth the purchase.

The IPad Pro is the best investment I have made in some time. I purchased the keyboard (I feel is essential), and the pencil (unbelievable) as well. It has incredible power, and I have found it far more friendly than any computer I have ever purchased (that were far more expensive). I purchased the 12.9" and it is so portable and advanced. The experience alone makes the IPad Pro worth the purchase. It is quite advanced. I use some of the anatomy apps with the pencil and you can separate each organ in the body along with all the skeletal parts. It is 3 dimensional.

The color on the IPad Pro is vivid and photos are beautiful. The sound is excellent and the speed far excels over any laptop I have ever used. Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint work as well on the Ipad Pro. Whether it is beautiful graphics, taking pictures, playing a game, or searching on the internet, this is the most awesome product I have purchased. I will continue to purchase them as gifts. There is none better!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Security is great on Apple products and getting to know it features is very easy. I have had Androids and Apple products also several PCs and by far Apple products are worth the money the quality of the products. The only negative is the glass face which if not protected with tempered glass can be expensive to replace. In my household, there is at least six Apple products. GO APPLE.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My bought my iPad for $600 from the Apple store, and I loved it! At this point I can't download new iOS, can't get into a lot of my apps, and it throws me off sites daily. I can't believe a product of that price only lasts for a few years! Won't buy another one! I'll look for another product!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I was given an iPad for xmas in 2011 from a friend who I am no longer in touch with. Anyway, I gave it to my son who uses occasionally. He did not sign in to his ipad for more than six months. Recently he went to sign back on and was told he had to activate his ipad with the apple ID and password that was used to register the iPad. I called apple and they told me (after making go through a bunch of mumbo jumbo) that they could not verify the iPad account even though I gave them the Apple ID, serial number and other information such as logging on without other apple ID accounts and passwords we use for our iphones.

After all that they still would not reset my password unless I gave them a proof of purchase, (yea right). I told them that would be impossible to get since I received that ipad in 2011 from someone who I am no longer in touch with. They claim it's for security reasons. I am all for security, but this to me is a scam to make you purchase more of their products. As it stands now I have a square paperweight that can't be use because of apple's absurd policy. If everyone else can reset your passwords with alternative personal credentials and the iPad is not stolen or reported stolen why can't apple do the same? Totally disgusted with their fake care label.

Original review: June 27, 2016

Recent update locked my IPAD 2, requested password which I have never entered or had. Would not connect via Itunes. Tried all apple online support suggestions and would not unlock. Contacted Apple support to discuss problem and advised them if I cannot unlock I would deliver to an Apple approved repairer who charged $99.00 to unlock. Repairer suggested, "Contact apple again for refund as problem only occurred due to upgrade of OS." Apple operator only suggested deliver to apple store to have repaired for free, but not convenient to get into city when authorised repair shop was only 5 minutes from home - would not cover cost of repair - very disappointed with whole apple experience and non-empathy from apple operator.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Since I bought this device I have spent of my time and energy to dealing with multiple problems with iPad software and technical issues. I've reinstalled iPad software and formatted the device with help from support team because of technical problems. Not only wasting over hours of my time having to called Apple support in this process I even beared their rude behaviour and their call cut. The iPad I have now still does not function properly. Explaining issues multiple times before support is willing to act like they will correct problems issues never get resolved. Support told me Apple system cannot do what I'm explaining Apple and disconnects. No support member has same answer. Multiple apps crash and hardware issue. Problems still exist and Apple cannot give me an answer or fix issues. How are they able to rip me off by saying different, different stories.

Original review: May 1, 2016

Apple's iPad is a good product, easy to use and stylish compared to others. But its charger has a very short life. It gets broken easily and needs to be replaced every few months. Seems very sensitive and hard to find in most gadget stores. They need to come up with a more durable charger for it.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My case number is **. I have never been treated so badly by any company in my life. I have been a customer since 2009, and I guess this is the way I'm thanked. All I wanted to do was fix my very lagging iPad and I ended up just getting taunted by a senior advisor telling me that his answer is not going to change and I ended up with no resolution to my problem whatsoever. My iPad is currently freezing up, lagging and unresponsive. I was treated horribly and I cannot believe people like that work for this company. I got nowhere and just went in complete circles over and over again.

I bought these high priced products, and I expected high quality help and support that leads to a fix. But here I am with nothing fixed and I tried to get help for over a few days, at that! I will take this matter as high up as possible because no one should ever be treated this way. The sad part about this is I stood by Apple's products and spread the word all over about the quality and had my family members buy their products believing my word, and this is the respect and care I get from their company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I was gifted an iPad air 16 gb by my uncle which costed him 36k (in rupees) on September 2014. After one year on November 2015 it went off while watching a video and didn't turned on so I took it to a service centre nearby, the shocking news for me was the cost of service, 1.5k just to check it and 22k for the malfunctioned hardware. At this price point there are better tablets on offer in India. Apple iPad is good product only if you have a lot of free money.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015
    My Apple iPad is 2 years and 10 months old. It has never been dropped or damaged. It cost $400 Aus. Yesterday it failed - would not reconfigure/charge etc.

Took it Apple Technician/Geelong. Later received a phone all to say it had failed!! As in dead - and it happens sometimes - must be a dud (absolutely!!!). It could be 'replaced' not repaired for another $ 350 Aus!!! Really? After less than 3 years load of high priced rubbish! Who do Apple think they are?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I bought an iPad 2 back in 2011 and has been happy with it until recently. It worked perfectly well even after I have dropped it on Dec. 30, 2014 and its screen was broken. Its screen protector is the only one that's holding it until now and I’ve never had the time to have the screen repaired. The mic is not working anymore. I’ve checked the Apple iPad site for support as well as reset the settings but the mic still does not work. I’m just gonna have to use it without its mic functionality.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

Bought an iPad mini 2 for my daughter a month ago for her birthday. Power button stuck, turns itself on and off. My options were to pay for a new one till they got my old one back (single mom of 3 children) no affordable for me. Send it in and wait 3-4 weeks to get it back or drive over an hour to get it fixed by an Apple Store. So needless to say, my daughter is out her bday present and I am out $200.

Original review: July 22, 2015

Last May for my b'day, I was giving an APPLE IPAD and 1 year +1 month later, it died. I called the IPad Company and I was told that the guarantee of 1 year expired and that I couldn’t purchase now because it was too late since purchased 5/14. It will cost me $299.00 + shipping to send it in. VERY dissatisfied & disappointed, this was giving to me by my kids and they didn't mentioned any extra guarantee. I have the APPLE AIR.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I spent big money on an iPad. I could have spent far less for a tablet. But spending the extra for an Apple has not paid off. It crashes all the time. I can't get apps I want on it unless I jail break it, and I still don't know what that means. All I can say is I was excited to get it. Now I will be excited to get rid of it. I will never own any thing Apple makes again. It is just high priced crap!

Original review: July 4, 2015

Glad to have the Internet spotty service fixed but now having issue with typing on social services. The keyboard obstructs view of everything I type. This is new with the update. Sucks.

Original review: May 20, 2015

Whilst using the iPad mini in a demonstration, the screen turned black, would not respond to recharging, and would not work by simultaneously pressing the wake and the on/off button. Extremely poor product. My cheap Samsung is excellent.

Original review: May 12, 2015

My iPad 2 is basically worthless after the 8.3 update. The keyboard is sluggish and has 5-8 second delays. 50% of the time I am kicked off websites and then the site tries to reload, my battery has a serious drain and everything has slowed way down. Before the update everything was perfect and now even after trying the recommended fixes on the apple community sites it is garbage. I guess I could take it to the Genius Bar but why should I have to. No more Apple for me.

Original review: May 9, 2015

iPad Air dead after 1.5 years. I purchased it in November of 2013 and it died 11 months later, just under the 1 year warranty. The local Apple Store gave me a replacement, which had a warranty for 90 days, and that is what just died. I was offered a replacement at $300 which is not satisfactory. I've owned Mac products for 15 years, desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones. I had an iPad 2 for 3.5 years before I bought the Air. My satisfaction with that model was what prompted me to upgrade.

The bottom line is I spend $550 dollars on a product that only lasted 1.5 years. Sure, it wasn't covered beyond a one year warranty, but I still feel greatly cheated by Apple. Especially since my iPad 2 from 2011 IS STILL working. A $300 replacement is no kind of solution and is insulting. I did nothing wrong to my iPad and took good care of it. It stays at home 95% of the time. I will NOT be replacing my iPad.

Original review: April 20, 2015

Generation 1 Ipad will not turn back on, after Warranty runs out. They told me, "You have to pay for it to get it fix". The cost for fixing is like buying a New iPad! I put a lot of money into this ipad.

Original review: April 15, 2015

My iPad died today, and I had not purchased any iPad insurance or extra warranty. I went to the Apple store in Calgary, Canada and was told “the logic board was fried” and there was nothing they could do about it. When I questioned the quality of the product I was told that "they don't usually last longer than that". SERIOUSLY? $600 and a device only lasts 2.5 years? I have an iPhone, and iMac (that I am also having problems with) and have no recourse. They did ("kindly") offer to sell me a brand new iPad. I am going to renew my relationship with Bill Gates. Lot of flash on Apple products and no customer support or loyalty to back it up. Hugely disappointing.

Original review: April 11, 2015

After updating to iOS 8.3, my iPad has not been the same. Freezes, i.e., playing games, slower and at times, when I select a website, it takes me to the site and within seconds returns to the homepage. Come on Apple, fix this!

Original review: March 14, 2015

Went from bad to worse with each update. Only blaring white page and very poor quality text for an iPad that could outdo other readers. No other fonts. No sepia tone page. Crap dictionary. Zero other useful functions. Loses bookmark after closing book. Could go on forever. I DEMAND to be able to convert my iBooks to Kindle, which has far outshone your crap!

Original review: March 7, 2015

Bought an ipad in Jan 2013. It was fine and had enjoyed it. Last week (after just 2 years), it suddenly died and was only getting the apple logo. Tried every trick suggested by apple and could not get it started. Took it apple showroom. After a 40 min wait, the tech guy sees it and say, “your ipad is gone "kaput" and best it could be used as a paper weight.” The best part is he does even try and conveniently suggest "Oh! You should buy another one for just $399 for iPad Air". He made me feel that $499 odd money I paid for ipad was cheap money. Rather than addressing the problem he was trying to sell one. Shame on apple for doing so!

I always believed that apple had a great customer service, but seems like as it has become the largest company in the world, it has also become arrogant and less customer focused and seems like beginning of the fall of the giant. I have too many devices of apple at my residence, but I am going to change that. Goodbye to apple products.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Unable to close screens. Delete emails easily. Delete open apps following their directions to work with air printer (recommended hp). NO TABS. Right now I am unable to go to next line. Keyboard downed down beyond usefulness. Eats battery cause I can't op out of big users I don't use. No tabs. I cannot use my normal sized finger select a single letter to revise. I have to stop here. No more patience.

Apple iPad Company Information