Apple iPad

2.9/5 (171 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Apple iPad

Apple iPad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iPad?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I bought iPad Air 4 generation on 7.8.2021 and it started showing its true performance with 20 days. It is freezing day in day out while using inbuilt apps like pages, files, and keynote etc. Have reported same on numerous occasions to customer care but they failed to resolve and many occasions even failed to revert. Below aberrant customer care is icing on cake all so called executive of apple are trained only to pacify not for resolving issues in time bound manner. Fed up of this product please refund my hard earned money. I am happy with android/windows.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I misplace my information to log into my I pad and Apple can’t help me access my account. This was a gift from my grandfather that now passed away and all I got was a, "Sorry we can’t help without a receipt." Don’t recommend as a gift or a storage of memories for apple doesn't understand or care.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I sent my iPad fedex with the packaging from Apple. My machine was in perfect condition and it only needed a battery. I was advised via email that I needed to contact Apple because a further repair was required. When I called, I was told that the screen was cracked and it would cost another $500. They photographed the screen and showed that it was broken in the corner and said that there was no problem with the box delivered by fedex. I spoke to the manager and he took the side of his team. It was a 12.9 inch screen iPad gen 2. Please beware that Apple does not take responsibility for the condition of your machine. Take the iPad to an apple store and take a picture as it goes into the box. I will no longer buy their product since they do not support their customers and this company is not trustworthy,

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have a disabled son who zooms daily with his program during this pandemic. I have been through two iPads in the past year. The last one lasted two months. It won’t hold a charge. I took it to an Apple center for help and was told they could not help me, or do anything to help me even though I have a warranty on the product. No explanation- just that nothing showed up, even though the iPad won’t hold a charge. I have rebooted, unloaded all apps except Zoom, You Tube, iCloud mail and messaging which I need for Zoom meetings. I just don’t think the iPad (which was purchased new in August) can handle the Zoom app. This is a critical connection that my son needs at this time. I want to warn others not to purchase this product. In the past two years I have wasted $600.00 on this product, with no help whatsoever. I’m heading to Samsung next.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I’m so disappointed in this iPad. Evidently the screen touch capabilities has a known issue with the touch feature randomly and intermittently not working. Matter of fact, I’m timing how long it takes me to type this review. I am an avid taper, so I can normally type fairly fast. This review should have taken me about 2 mins to type and thus far, it’s taken 8 mins. That’s ridiculous.

It makes me so frustrated at times, I feel like throwing this damn thing through Apples window sometimes. I can’t believe you spend so much on an electronic just to not be able to even type on it. I’m pissed! $600 is A LOT of money. Had I read reviews before purchasing, I would have never bought it. This is a known issue evidently. If this is a known issue, why haven’t they fixed it? Until this issue is addressed, I would certainly avoid this iPad. Mine is a 2019 10in. If I could get my money back, I would. Now it’s taken me 15 mins to type this, which should of taken 3. Very dissatisfied do not recommend. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I bought iPad Pro 10.5 Wifi+Cellular 512GB from Amazon and it was having temporary camera issues from the beginning. Within a few months, it happened 4 times and I decided to send it for repair as it was under 1 year warranty. Apple quoted me 500$ for repair by blaming on a small physical damage on it that was not even close to the camera. That physical damaged ("bent enclosure", they said) was overlooked by me because it was always under the protective ipad back cover. Not only did they scam me by selling me a damaged product in the first place but also they didn't do the repair despite being under warranty and tried to scam me by quoting 500$ for it. Their story was that "in order to repair the camera, they have to open the ipad but the bent enclosure won't let them put everything back together and hence they need 500$ for it". Another fact: The trade in value of my device is ~500$ as of today.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I was a Apple user. I have Two iPads, a Mac Pro, Three iPhones, two sets of EarPods and today the customer service at Apple has totally turned me away and I will be selling every device I have and making sure as many people as I can reach know how they work. I bought my son a iPad mini back in 2013. After some life changes moving multiple times and going through a divorce we finally found that iPad (it was packed up). When we charged it and turned it on the account is locked out because it is signed into an apple id. The email has been forgotten since it was made for my son to have an apple account (later learning I have the Family shared plan and not every device needed its own id, I know I was young and stupid). When you look up gmail policies it says a email is deleted after 9 months of no activity (it's been 6 to 7 years).

So I call apple and explain to them what is going on. I tell them around the time I bought it (again 6 to 7 years), where (the physical address) it was bought and when it was bought (Black Friday). They agree that is shows that is correct. Yet they said since I do not have a receipt or bank statement showing proof of purchase my iPad mini is no good and there is no way to unlock it without a death certificate!!!! Who there'll keeps receipt that long? Since I have gotten divorced I no longer have a way of pulling a statement from that many years ago! I have never in my life heard of such crap. I will NEVER support APPLE again.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Remember, you do not need this device. You do not need any such devices. They absorb time and money. Apple iPads are constantly in need of new updates, which your device won't download or install unless it is hooked up to a computer, which will not have enough space to back up your device and if it does, then it will still make an error while it is installing after you wait an hour or so for the process to finish, only to start all over.

After you're done updating a lot of your apps will not work and you can then enjoy spending a few more hours making your device work as you had it working before you updated. Finally, the process will all done and you have fun for a few days or a week, a month if you're lucky before you get to install yet another useless update.

Like all the devices of this kind, you will not be able to find the buttons or press them accidentally, or you will touch the screen the wrong way and everything disappears and goes in every direction. You will forget to scroll up or down and get the expensive glass screen nice a dirty with your grubby fingerprints and then you will try to clean it and streak the screen. You won't be able to hold the device comfortably, because it has no handle, so you'll probably drop it at some point. You can have fun spending even more money on lots of covers and cases and cables so you can listen to headsets and play your device on another screen, which won't read it correctly. At the end of the day, a pad of paper is a great invention. And you won't throw away your social life on Facebook and Twitter and all that other crap people who were once real people waste their time on. Save your money, save your self. Don't bother.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I bought a new iPad last year, the XR. I have had nothing but problems with passwords and passcode. Now I am totally locked out of my ipad and nothing can be done until I buy an adapter for the ipad to connect to my computer. I only have the charging cord sent to me because I didn't know I ever had to connect it to my computer. I have always had Android until a few months ago. I never had a lockout on my android. And why does it take 3 motions to shut off the ipad? There is nothing simple about it. Even closing out apps, they continue to run in the background. You are told it doesn't use your data, but we have run out of data twice and never had that problem with an android. And Apple doesn't offer any solutions except to say I undersand or I am sorry. They are so rich they don't care like little people like me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My boss bought me a refurb iPad. I gave it back to him but I forgot the password. Every time I try online to let him know to reset it, he gets locked out for an additional 15 minutes. Now he is up to an hour. My password reset request is supposed to get sent to the tablet, but nothing is happening, except that he keeps getting locked out. And there is no one to call. Support is for 90 days. This sucks. This is why I would never buy an Apple product.

Apple iPad Company Information