Apple iPad

Apple iPad
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.91/5

Apple iPad Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

I’m so disappointed in this iPad. Evidently the screen touch capabilities has a known issue with the touch feature randomly and intermittently not working. Matter of fact, I’m timing how long it takes me to type this review. I am an avid taper, so I can normally type fairly fast. This review should have taken me about 2 mins to type and thus far, it’s taken 8 mins. That’s ridiculous.

It makes me so frustrated at times, I feel like throwing this damn thing through Apples window sometimes. I can’t believe you spend so much on an electronic just to not be able to even type on it. I’m pissed! $600 is A LOT of money. Had I read reviews before purchasing, I would have never bought it. This is a known issue evidently. If this is a known issue, why haven’t they fixed it? Until this issue is addressed, I would certainly avoid this iPad. Mine is a 2019 10in. If I could get my money back, I would. Now it’s taken me 15 mins to type this, which should of taken 3. Very dissatisfied do not recommend. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I bought iPad Pro 10.5 Wifi+Cellular 512GB from Amazon and it was having temporary camera issues from the beginning. Within a few months, it happened 4 times and I decided to send it for repair as it was under 1 year warranty. Apple quoted me 500$ for repair by blaming on a small physical damage on it that was not even close to the camera. That physical damaged ("bent enclosure", they said) was overlooked by me because it was always under the protective ipad back cover. Not only did they scam me by selling me a damaged product in the first place but also they didn't do the repair despite being under warranty and tried to scam me by quoting 500$ for it. Their story was that "in order to repair the camera, they have to open the ipad but the bent enclosure won't let them put everything back together and hence they need 500$ for it". Another fact: The trade in value of my device is ~500$ as of today.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I was a Apple user. I have Two iPads, a Mac Pro, Three iPhones, two sets of EarPods and today the customer service at Apple has totally turned me away and I will be selling every device I have and making sure as many people as I can reach know how they work. I bought my son a iPad mini back in 2013. After some life changes moving multiple times and going through a divorce we finally found that iPad (it was packed up). When we charged it and turned it on the account is locked out because it is signed into an apple id. The email has been forgotten since it was made for my son to have an apple account (later learning I have the Family shared plan and not every device needed its own id, I know I was young and stupid). When you look up gmail policies it says a email is deleted after 9 months of no activity (it's been 6 to 7 years).

So I call apple and explain to them what is going on. I tell them around the time I bought it (again 6 to 7 years), where (the physical address) it was bought and when it was bought (Black Friday). They agree that is shows that is correct. Yet they said since I do not have a receipt or bank statement showing proof of purchase my iPad mini is no good and there is no way to unlock it without a death certificate!!!! Who there'll keeps receipt that long? Since I have gotten divorced I no longer have a way of pulling a statement from that many years ago! I have never in my life heard of such crap. I will NEVER support APPLE again.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Remember, you do not need this device. You do not need any such devices. They absorb time and money. Apple iPads are constantly in need of new updates, which your device won't download or install unless it is hooked up to a computer, which will not have enough space to back up your device and if it does, then it will still make an error while it is installing after you wait an hour or so for the process to finish, only to start all over.

After you're done updating a lot of your apps will not work and you can then enjoy spending a few more hours making your device work as you had it working before you updated. Finally, the process will all done and you have fun for a few days or a week, a month if you're lucky before you get to install yet another useless update.

Like all the devices of this kind, you will not be able to find the buttons or press them accidentally, or you will touch the screen the wrong way and everything disappears and goes in every direction. You will forget to scroll up or down and get the expensive glass screen nice a dirty with your grubby fingerprints and then you will try to clean it and streak the screen. You won't be able to hold the device comfortably, because it has no handle, so you'll probably drop it at some point. You can have fun spending even more money on lots of covers and cases and cables so you can listen to headsets and play your device on another screen, which won't read it correctly. At the end of the day, a pad of paper is a great invention. And you won't throw away your social life on Facebook and Twitter and all that other crap people who were once real people waste their time on. Save your money, save your self. Don't bother.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I bought a new iPad last year, the XR. I have had nothing but problems with passwords and passcode. Now I am totally locked out of my ipad and nothing can be done until I buy an adapter for the ipad to connect to my computer. I only have the charging cord sent to me because I didn't know I ever had to connect it to my computer. I have always had Android until a few months ago. I never had a lockout on my android. And why does it take 3 motions to shut off the ipad? There is nothing simple about it. Even closing out apps, they continue to run in the background. You are told it doesn't use your data, but we have run out of data twice and never had that problem with an android. And Apple doesn't offer any solutions except to say I undersand or I am sorry. They are so rich they don't care like little people like me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My boss bought me a refurb iPad. I gave it back to him but I forgot the password. Every time I try online to let him know to reset it, he gets locked out for an additional 15 minutes. Now he is up to an hour. My password reset request is supposed to get sent to the tablet, but nothing is happening, except that he keeps getting locked out. And there is no one to call. Support is for 90 days. This sucks. This is why I would never buy an Apple product.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I ordered the new iPad on Saturday along with some accessories for my manager. Apple sent me a notice that the iPad would be delivered by Tuesday. Tuesday came and no iPad, same for Wednesday. Finally, I get an email Thursday that says the item was lost in transit and the next date I'll get the item is in a week!!! I call customer service and the guy was ZERO help. He said I could go pick one up from the local store...let me see if this is my problem - NO! So I'm not going to fight all the people at the Apple store getting a new iPhone to pick up the iPad that was supposed to be delivered to me. So I waited on the phone for an additional 55 min waiting to speak with a supervisor.

After that amount of time the guy still wasn't able to get a supervisor...at Apple! He said someone could call me back in 24 hours. That does me no good. So I told him no thanks and hung up. I'm so disappointed. For such a large company this kind of service is terrible. Unfortunately they really have you by the.... so unless I want to move to Samsung I guess I'm stuck with these fools.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I purchased an iPad Pro just under 2 years ago. Now, I bought it without the extended 2-year warranty (my bad)...but in my defense I thought Apple products have an excellent reputation and would last at least 2 years. My previous iPad (which my son has now) is still going and it’s close to 5 years old. The iPad just froze this morning, and for no apparent reason it just wouldn’t reboot. I tried all the recommended troubleshooting tips. Nothing. So I brought it to the Apple store, hoping they could diagnose and fix it.

The technician helping me was friendly enough, but she couldn’t get it to start again, even a reset wasn’t successful. She then told me that the boards can just wear out and the only option was to buy another one. Really? After spending $700 on these devices, that’s the best Apple has got? Do they not value their customers? Disappointing. Yeah, I bought another one (a cheaper model) because I do like the product - I was just disappointed in its longevity, disappointed in the service, disappointed the only solution was to buy another one.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I am very unhappy with Apple and their Activation Lock team. My 6 1/2 year old's iPad was taken at Daycare and a lock put on it. Spoke with Apple numerous times, Apple ID somehow is not correct so we worked together in restarting from factory reset, this made the iPad on activation lock. I contacted them every day for 45 minutes to get this matter resolved. Submitted proof multiple times of proof of receipt, proof of ownership, proof of card used to purchase, Letter from the daycare establishment, each time they say they can't accept my evidence. This whole process has been terrible. How much more can I provide to verify it's my iPad. The Apple store credit card should even show proof of my credit card.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I have had an iPad for 8 years and two moths ago I decided to purchase an iPad Mini. It lasted 2 Months and Apple is telling me to purchase a new one because they cannot just change the part, they just cannot.

Apple iPad Company Information