3.23/5

102 Apple iPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

iPad has been nothing but a nightmare. I absolutely hate this tablet. Samsung is much more user friendly. 4 times now my ID has been compromised. I never had these issues with Samsung. Eats up internet, nothing but issues. I will never compromise my values again, swore would never buy an Apple product after San Bernardino...Shame on me.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I called support THREE TIMES in the past - each call lasted OVER an hour and the last two resulted in being transferred to another tech at which time I was taken back to the main menu the first time and no one answered - just silence on the second attempt. I was DREADING having to contact tech support again when I got my iWatch. The first lady acted TOTALLY dumbfounded when I asked about the ECG app. The call ended up being disconnected after about 30 min. I called back and Jose answered.

By this time, I was irritated and was short with Jose at FIRST. But after he answered my question, I was more comfortable with him and asked him about the storage problem I had. I didn't even go into detail and he answered the question. It took over six hours to get a no answer on the last two calls and over 50 min on the first call I made. I gave only 3 stars because JOSE WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF THE THREE TECHNICIANS that knew what he was talking about and actually listened.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I bought an iPad and after first charge it doesn’t charge anymore. I bought from office work and when I went there to exchange it, they said, "It’s your fault." They said they can send for repair but they will charge to me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My iPad suddenly froze while I was using it. I powered it off and then it would never turn back on no matter how much I charged it. It was less than 1 year old so I contacted Apple. They sent the box to return the iPad by FedEx and I used their packing and sent it in, cleaning it off beforehand. There were NO scratches, dents or anything on it. In my naivety I did not take pictures beforehand. Well sure enough once Apple got their hands on it they sent some picture of a dent on the corner near the ON/OFF switch. Absolutely was not there before I sent it, I kept holding that button and looking at it so I would have noticed the dent that they sent.

I asked how the FedEx box was as it must have been damaged in transit. Well they had no idea, they threw the box out (huh??). So they will not cover the repair and want me to pay $449 plus tax for them to fix it. When I contacted them they would NOT put their response in writing (chat transcript). They called me and then stuck me on hold. Absolutely most unethical thing and most unprofessional handling of this matter. They weaseled out of paying for a repair for a brand new iPad that didn't even last one year. I will start migrated all of my devices out of Apple. They charge absolutely too much money to not stand behind their products.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The most devastating experience I ever had in my life. I bought an iPad Pro. The second day it stopped working, on the screen “no service”. I went to pick up for replacement in Chadstone, Australia, 2 staff members were arrogant & rude. The replacement is refurbished iPad, it’s only 2 days I had it, I work full time and was unable to take my iPad at the earliest. Apple has a policy when replacing a faulty iPad a refurbished iPad will be given to customers instead of a brand new one. I was shocked! I paid for a brand new equipment and they insisted a refurbished iPad as they claimed it’s their policy. This information should be included in the box, so the information was withheld by Apple. If I knew this was the case I’ll stay away from Apple products all together.

I’ve spoken to a woman from Consumer Affairs Victoria and I was informed Apple has breached Section 54, 55 & 60 of Consumer rights. I will be contacting VCAT and the media and will take the matter seriously to ensure the future generations have a lot better ICT and services available. In summary, stay away from Apple products and Apple store, it’s money making business, ruthless, very unfair. I paid for a brand new item to be replaced by a second hand item. I thought about this, how can I be sure that the one I bought is actually a brand new one. There’s a lot of complaints about Apple iPad are the items really brand new or refurbished, are we all been taken for a ride? Where’s the value for money?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

This is my 5th iPad. I love them but this last one I bought freezes up then restarts my computer. I took it to the Apple Store which is 2 hours from my home, they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it but would replace it if they had one but they didn’t. He told me to contact customer service and they would replace it for me. I did and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. For a few weeks it was okay. Now it has all started again. I’m thinking this will be the last iPad I buy.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Have had this unit for over 3 yrs and have 85% more usage than my Dell computer. More compact for travel and for visual transfer passage to another person. Storage a plus of data but the transfer of videos a slight struggle.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I love this iPad. It's easy to use, comfortable in my hands and has a great many things I can do with it. It has an excellent camera, too, that takes great photos.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I enjoy the ease of use of my iPad over my laptop. I also like the smaller size. I like that my phone can keep up with my iPad as well as I have an iPhone.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have always used computers of the Apple brand and never had a problem. This includes desk mods, laptops and iPads. I have had very little classroom education of the use of computers but have found little problem in using the Apple models. I currently use only an iPad because it is so portable. When I got my first one I just started using it and learned with use.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I love my iPad. It's a great product and I would be so upset if something happened to it. I have had other tablets and there no comparison to it. They lag. Love Apple.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I use my iPad more than any other computer. I do my business work as well as personal use exclusively on my iPad. I only use my laptop for sending out contracts.

Original review: March 18, 2018

My late husband started us with the iPads after having a gateway. We loved the ease of having it with you at all times. It's very user friendly for someone like me who learns as I go. Davy always found our iPads & he made sure I always have the iPhone because of its ease of use for me. The mini iPad & iPhone 5 will be the last. I can never afford new ones now so I'm hoping they last a very long time. Wish customer support was easier as well. But still, I recommend to all to buy Apple products. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Apple customer service is incredible, the free in store classes leave no stone unturned. Apple is the best product for reliability and easy to use for the less techy end user!

Original review: March 12, 2018

The Apple iPad makes access to knowledge a flawless experience. I use it in conjunction with my Windows PC. The iPad makes ownership of a laptop redundant because it minimizes the logistical difficulties the later entails. I have never regretted the purchase of an Apple iPad and would happily recommend it to others.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My iPad is great! I am seriously considering the iPad pro for my email and general web browsing. I don't know if it is going to be as easy as Windows but I am willing to try something new.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Oh Apple, you are so funny. I tried to install an app "transferwise" on my mini iPad. I have it on my LG G6+ smartphone. Why do I have an LG smartphone Because I had an Apple iPhone 5 and Apple's IOS11 update made the battery life crap. Anyway, I digress. Back to the story. I wanted to install transferwise app but I got an idiotic error message saying that I have to download IOS 10 or higher version before I can install the app. No problem, I'll download the latest update. Hmmm, NOOO says my silly Apple mini iPad, you already have the latest version and there is no updates available to download. REALLY!!! Must be time to give the Apple Mini iPad the boot and get an LG tablet because I'm enjoying my LG smartphone since Apple made my iPhone 5 unusable with their fantastic IOS 11 update.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Great product overall! I've been using the IPad 2 since 2012 nonstop. This thing is surely bulletproof and it's at least as fast as my HP personal computer which I bought earlier this year. Unique design and apps. It would be very to switch to any other smart pad! I do wish the prices were much lower on Apple products though.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The reader continuously quits iCloud, does not load books properly. It takes forever for them to show up on your other devices, even when you pay the extra $20 a month it’s not worth it, it’s a major rip off, the hardware is great but iCloud is so bad that the computers including my iPad and my iMac are almost worthless. And Apple does not care, they are too big and they do need your business, so live with it or go somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We originally purchased this iPad for my husband's work. With him changing positions he has left it at home. It is durable and easy to use. We have a gorilla case which has been very beneficial since he works in construction. The customer support you can get a live chat online or by phone has been good. With it being much larger than a phone you can enlarge most any photos and articles. I am glad he got it for us.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I love the iPad Pro!!! My main problem is the shift key is half worn out! It is 1 1/2 years old and it wore out months ago! I also have not been able to set up to use my HP printer on it... I love everything else about it though. If I were to get another, it would be the iPad Pro again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We always use Apple for personal and business. Their products are always easy to use. A while ago there were a lot of updates for bug fixes but these seem to have calmed down now. Wouldn't consider changing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Love the interface, you can invert the screen for night time use with an easy click, rarely have an issue that a reboot won't fix, camera works great, great apps for almost anything. The only thing I don't like nor ever liked is iTunes. It's not so user friendly. Otherwise, love the iPad and Apple Desktop.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

The touchscreen does not always work as easily as they say. Difficult to close certain pages and instead of closing they can stay open in the background.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We have 3 iPads. They perform very well overall but none of them pair very well with smart TVs or game consoles. But they cast well, IF the iPad will detect other devices. Sometimes, even a correct password, with some devices, are deemed invalid by iPads and iPhones unless jailbroken. For this reason, I am considering switching to an Android tablet because they are more compatible with connecting external devices like Roku and an Amazon Fire Stick. We have both of these and they do not work well with iPads. The iPads also did not work with our Bebop Drone 2 Follow Me app either. This is frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

After 3 weeks and 4 phone calls still they will not unlock iPad that I purchased and sent proof too. The customer service will not or tells you they cannot let you speak with anyone in the activation dept. 2nd time this happened. First time, took them 3 months to unlock my phone, that the Apple person had me reset completely, which locked me out.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought and use an Apple iPad Air 2 instead of a new desktop. I like to use it to review the news, articles and the weather. I also occasionally use my tablet computer for important e-mail. I can also read iBooks and look at pictures on Tumbler. Youtube is good for relaxing music. Some of the apps have hypnosis and guided meditation. All in all, I like my $500 purchase and use it daily. It however did not come with very clear instructions.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The Apple iPad was a gift from my brother and have used it for about 3 years now. Portability is awesome. Dropped it many times and has never broke too. Has never had a virus unlike Microsoft products and memory capacity is good. The newer version has the speaker facing forward and I love the airdrop feature for picture transference. But was a pain to download pictures to memory media, then download them from media to computer and create folders for them. Then burn them to a disc. Other than that highly impressed with this product's ease of usability, dependability and reliability! Will definitely buy a new iPad when this unit stops working. Which I do not see happening anytime soon.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Customer support is great while you are in the warranty period, charged for after that. Just be sure to ask all the questions you can think of during the grace period.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I love the iPad versus the big laptops because they are a little more portable and I use mine around the home. I can let the Grandkids on it also because it has enough storage and the ability to expand.

Apple iPad Company Information