Apple iPad
1.94/5
  • 1 star
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Apple iPad

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 26, 2017

72 Apple iPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Have written to several Apple contacts but of no avail. It is sad that "apple" could go off the radar this fast when there is robot needed repair. The more "apple" grows worldwide the most thinner it gets... Especially the after sales service. Below is my Apple iPad jargon. Model. A1460. MP-522ZP/A wifi cellular a6GB (black). IP part no. MD 522P/A. Serial no. DMPKJ49/WF/18P. Barcode 8-85909 65806 G. Iv-EI/MEID 990003082047453.

When I visited the apple store & service center in Dubai Mall... The impeccable customer service which exhibits clarity service was just a sight for an eye sore. However the result of this treatment was so appalling. The customer service guy was too talkative & too polite. And he diplomatically got out of the situation. My apple ipad died 2 years ago. I had bought this in Colombo Sri Lanka for my nephew... Before he could even work for one year it flunked. When I visited this time in November he gave me back the apple ipad and thanked me for the lifetime technology of apple ipad... I was humiliated by this gift to my nephew.

However as soon as I returned to Dubai on the 12th of December 2017 I visited Dubai mall apple store & service center on the 13th December. The serviceman who attended to us tried every trick in the apple book to jumpstart the contraption with no significant result. The apple ipad remained dark & dead. Then the serviceman came up with this plan. He told us the impossible mission. That this apple ipad needs to be unsealed by a "ROBOT". Only then will the robot mechanic can find out the reason for this apple ipad's untimely death...

Have written to several apple contacts but of no avail. It is sad that "apple" could go off the radar this fast when there is robot needed repair. The more "apple" grows worldwide the most thinner it gets... Especially the after sales service. Below is my apple ipad jargon. I am only looking for the reason for the untimely demise of the apple ipad as I know that it has passed the guaranteed period of one year. But at least the apple service center should have a robot to unseal it????

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Since I have the iPad Pro I would never go back to a small one. My husband goes to Mayo three times a week and my iPad and service dog help keep my sanity intact. The only thing missing is a USB connection. This would be perfection.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Apple iPad is just plain intuitive! My 98 year old dad uses & enjoys it. His other, not Apple, laptop kept giving him issues. He could not use it at all!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

iPads are easy to use as you can take them anywhere. I love it as once you use for the first time you are an expert user. It's so thin you can put it wherever you'd like.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My iPad is great with email, news, and Facebook, however, it sometimes fails showing videos. I love using it though. It has a great photo app. The screen clarity is sharp and the sound is clear and easy to adjust.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My iPad Pro is really a great tablet. There are two issues I wish Apple would have addressed: The tablet does not allow a mouse, There is no port for a card.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My experience with Apple iPad is it seems to be very durable. My grandchild has knocked my computer off my desk several times onto a hardwood floor. So far it's never broke. When I first got this computer I had trouble getting it set up but I called the helpline and they took me through it step by step. Overall I am very satisfied with the way it works to more or less say it all. I would buy this computer again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Products are too expensive!! I'm a senior citizen new to space age technology. But all of my family including grandchildren use Apple products, so it is easy for me to get help as frequently as I sometimes need it. I love the fact that I can use so many apps that interest me. I also love being able to keep track of family and friends so easily. I have and use my Apple 7+ phone all the time and feel I have a greater chance to learn and enjoy it all with my iPad.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have had my Apple iPad for 4 years. I have never had an issue with it, and I love having all of the aspects of a computer in a compact size. I can take it anywhere and it even fits in my purse. I have access to Microsoft Word and Excel, I can watch movies or stream live TV, I have multiple games I can play, I can stay in touch with friends and family through texts, or social media, and I can use it to FaceTime with my granddaughter.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

While my iPad doesn't replace a laptop, it is an excellent tool for email, surfing the web, reading documents and making minor edits, reading books, playing music etc. and I wouldn't travel without it. The iPad is thin, sleek, lightweight and fast.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Love Apple products! No need to worry about viruses and they are user friendly. Very dependable products. When calling their help desk, very helpful and polite staff on hand.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Don't buy iPad, or Apple computer you will be locked out for one week or more to retrieve your iCloud password, you have to wait for at least 7 days to get a new password. I have lost time and money on this useless iPad I can't even use or my Apple computer I can't use either without an iCloud password.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I think what Apple doing is not legal and cheating to the customers. First the iPad, cellphone, smart, computers Mac, and all other devices are easy to be broken. It abuses to buy very expensive and be cheated with differences prices and offers. I have two Apple iPad and both have the glasses broken. They told me that the price is $200.00 to replace the iPad 4 and the Air 2 not make sense to fix at this moment because is not too bad.

I made the appointment for Saturday 26, but I went the day after and did the appointment for the same day, asked again the prices before confirmed the appointment the person confirm the price several persons confirmed. When I got the appointment I asked again to Jerry ** the technician or customer care, he said "yes" after I give iPad 4. He tried to charge $300. I asked for the manager Sean **. It is the company practice and prices. They enter the information of the device and the prices are available.

I follow what they said, went two times to the store that was full with a lot of customers with the same problem or similar. I think the quality of the products they are doing it is to make more profits. I known this week two more person who they make appointment over the telephone and one of them they said 120 to fix the smartphone 7 as they charge 300 and replaced they take the old phone and continue making profits. They market economic protect business but needs to protect the consumers to protect the society and democracy. It is not good how abusing to the consumers.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017
My wife gave me an iPad 2 in November 2011. It was great for the first three to four years with no hiccups. As it's aging the performance has turned sluggish. It is understandable for an aged processor. Starting a little over a couple of years ago the message of "a problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded" kept on popping up when I read a webpage. Every time the message appears, reloading will happen. With a slow processor, the experience just become intolerable.

Google the problem. I learned the problem is with Safari and it is not NEW. My iOS is updated. Apple just keeps on ignoring the problem.

Original review: March 11, 2017

My iPad (MD531LL/A) which was released in 2012 started being extremely slow to the point I got upset by just thinking I would have to turn it on to do a task. That started happening after other iPad generations came out. Recently I brought it to an Apple store with hope that Apple could solve this issue regarding their own product but the answer they gave me was rather upsetting and negligent with a customer: "your iPad is from a very old generation". Unfortunately Apple products were not made to last. Unfortunately Apple did not let me know this when I spent around $500 at the time it was released. If I knew I would have to spend that amount of money every time a new Apple iPad came out (which happens every year) I certainly wouldnt spend my money with it and this is the reason I made the decision to move from Apple to Samsung.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've had an iPad for a few years now and it would not stay charged even though it said 50% or 100%. It would turn black as soon as a screen would come up. I took it to Apple and they could not fix it and said I'd have to buy a new 1 and they'd take some $ off. I only had it 3 years when this started happening. It's in a hard case and looks brand new and I paid about $800 for it. Someone told me they usually die after 2 years when I called for help. I am very disappointed that this happened and won't buy another 1. I bought my mom the mini after as well so I guess that'll be going off soon too.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Overall, I hate my IPad Gaming Experience! Enough has been detailed about the storage and the processor! Many apps are eating up gigabytes and are crashing the iPad! Goodbye Apple for the personal gaming experience! Say hello to the BlueStacks Application on the PC! This conversation is ended!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I can do everything I need to do on the IPad Pro than I can do on my Sony Computer. This includes using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft products. It is so user friendly and the apps availability are unbelievable. I absolutely love this product and purchased one as a graduation gift for an individual studying to be a PA. She has dazzled her professors with its capability by utilizing the anatomy apps available. She shares it in class. One anatomy app was $25 but she states it is better than any book and states she does not know what she would do without it. They are a little expensive but well worth the price. Lightweight, portable, educational and awesome! The experience alone makes this product well worth the purchase.

The IPad Pro is the best investment I have made in some time. I purchased the keyboard (I feel is essential), and the pencil (unbelievable) as well. It has incredible power, and I have found it far more friendly than any computer I have ever purchased (that were far more expensive). I purchased the 12.9" and it is so portable and advanced. The experience alone makes the IPad Pro worth the purchase. It is quite advanced. I use some of the anatomy apps with the pencil and you can separate each organ in the body along with all the skeletal parts. It is 3 dimensional.

The color on the IPad Pro is vivid and photos are beautiful. The sound is excellent and the speed far excels over any laptop I have ever used. Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint work as well on the Ipad Pro. Whether it is beautiful graphics, taking pictures, playing a game, or searching on the internet, this is the most awesome product I have purchased. I will continue to purchase them as gifts. There is none better!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Security is great on Apple products and getting to know it features is very easy. I have had Androids and Apple products also several PCs and by far Apple products are worth the money the quality of the products. The only negative is the glass face which if not protected with tempered glass can be expensive to replace. In my household, there is at least six Apple products. GO APPLE.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My bought my iPad for $600 from the Apple store, and I loved it! At this point I can't download new iOS, can't get into a lot of my apps, and it throws me off sites daily. I can't believe a product of that price only lasts for a few years! Won't buy another one! I'll look for another product!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I was given an iPad for xmas in 2011 from a friend who I am no longer in touch with. Anyway, I gave it to my son who uses occasionally. He did not sign in to his ipad for more than six months. Recently he went to sign back on and was told he had to activate his ipad with the apple ID and password that was used to register the iPad. I called apple and they told me (after making go through a bunch of mumbo jumbo) that they could not verify the iPad account even though I gave them the Apple ID, serial number and other information such as logging on without other apple ID accounts and passwords we use for our iphones.

After all that they still would not reset my password unless I gave them a proof of purchase, (yea right). I told them that would be impossible to get since I received that ipad in 2011 from someone who I am no longer in touch with. They claim it's for security reasons. I am all for security, but this to me is a scam to make you purchase more of their products. As it stands now I have a square paperweight that can't be use because of apple's absurd policy. If everyone else can reset your passwords with alternative personal credentials and the iPad is not stolen or reported stolen why can't apple do the same? Totally disgusted with their fake care label.

Original review: June 27, 2016

Recent update locked my IPAD 2, requested password which I have never entered or had. Would not connect via Itunes. Tried all apple online support suggestions and would not unlock. Contacted Apple support to discuss problem and advised them if I cannot unlock I would deliver to an Apple approved repairer who charged $99.00 to unlock. Repairer suggested, "Contact apple again for refund as problem only occurred due to upgrade of OS." Apple operator only suggested deliver to apple store to have repaired for free, but not convenient to get into city when authorised repair shop was only 5 minutes from home - would not cover cost of repair - very disappointed with whole apple experience and non-empathy from apple operator.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Since I bought this device I have spent of my time and energy to dealing with multiple problems with iPad software and technical issues. I've reinstalled iPad software and formatted the device with help from support team because of technical problems. Not only wasting over hours of my time having to called Apple support in this process I even beared their rude behaviour and their call cut. The iPad I have now still does not function properly. Explaining issues multiple times before support is willing to act like they will correct problems issues never get resolved. Support told me Apple system cannot do what I'm explaining Apple and disconnects. No support member has same answer. Multiple apps crash and hardware issue. Problems still exist and Apple cannot give me an answer or fix issues. How are they able to rip me off by saying different, different stories.

Original review: May 1, 2016

Apple's iPad is a good product, easy to use and stylish compared to others. But its charger has a very short life. It gets broken easily and needs to be replaced every few months. Seems very sensitive and hard to find in most gadget stores. They need to come up with a more durable charger for it.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My case number is **. I have never been treated so badly by any company in my life. I have been a customer since 2009, and I guess this is the way I'm thanked. All I wanted to do was fix my very lagging iPad and I ended up just getting taunted by a senior advisor telling me that his answer is not going to change and I ended up with no resolution to my problem whatsoever. My iPad is currently freezing up, lagging and unresponsive. I was treated horribly and I cannot believe people like that work for this company. I got nowhere and just went in complete circles over and over again.

I bought these high priced products, and I expected high quality help and support that leads to a fix. But here I am with nothing fixed and I tried to get help for over a few days, at that! I will take this matter as high up as possible because no one should ever be treated this way. The sad part about this is I stood by Apple's products and spread the word all over about the quality and had my family members buy their products believing my word, and this is the respect and care I get from their company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I was gifted an iPad air 16 gb by my uncle which costed him 36k (in rupees) on September 2014. After one year on November 2015 it went off while watching a video and didn't turned on so I took it to a service centre nearby, the shocking news for me was the cost of service, 1.5k just to check it and 22k for the malfunctioned hardware. At this price point there are better tablets on offer in India. Apple iPad is good product only if you have a lot of free money.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015
My Apple iPad is 2 years and 10 months old. It has never been dropped or damaged. It cost $400 Aus. Yesterday it failed - would not reconfigure/charge etc.

Took it Apple Technician/Geelong. Later received a phone all to say it had failed!! As in dead - and it happens sometimes - must be a dud (absolutely!!!). It could be 'replaced' not repaired for another $ 350 Aus!!! Really? After less than 3 years load of high priced rubbish! Who do Apple think they are?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I bought an iPad 2 back in 2011 and has been happy with it until recently. It worked perfectly well even after I have dropped it on Dec. 30, 2014 and its screen was broken. Its screen protector is the only one that's holding it until now and I’ve never had the time to have the screen repaired. The mic is not working anymore. I’ve checked the Apple iPad site for support as well as reset the settings but the mic still does not work. I’m just gonna have to use it without its mic functionality.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

Bought an iPad mini 2 for my daughter a month ago for her birthday. Power button stuck, turns itself on and off. My options were to pay for a new one till they got my old one back (single mom of 3 children) no affordable for me. Send it in and wait 3-4 weeks to get it back or drive over an hour to get it fixed by an Apple Store. So needless to say, my daughter is out her bday present and I am out $200.

Original review: July 22, 2015

Last May for my b'day, I was giving an APPLE IPAD and 1 year +1 month later, it died. I called the IPad Company and I was told that the guarantee of 1 year expired and that I couldn’t purchase now because it was too late since purchased 5/14. It will cost me $299.00 + shipping to send it in. VERY dissatisfied & disappointed, this was giving to me by my kids and they didn't mentioned any extra guarantee. I have the APPLE AIR.

Apple iPad Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use