Apple iPad

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My iPad (MD531LL/A) which was released in 2012 started being extremely slow to the point I got upset by just thinking I would have to turn it on to do a task. That started happening after other iPad generations came out. Recently I brought it to an Apple store with hope that Apple could solve this issue regarding their own product but the answer they gave me was rather upsetting and negligent with a customer: "your iPad is from a very old generation". Unfortunately Apple products were not made to last. Unfortunately Apple did not let me know this when I spent around $500 at the time it was released. If I knew I would have to spend that amount of money every time a new Apple iPad came out (which happens every year) I certainly wouldnt spend my money with it and this is the reason I made the decision to move from Apple to Samsung.

I've had an iPad for a few years now and it would not stay charged even though it said 50% or 100%. It would turn black as soon as a screen would come up. I took it to Apple and they could not fix it and said I'd have to buy a new 1 and they'd take some $ off. I only had it 3 years when this started happening. It's in a hard case and looks brand new and I paid about $800 for it. Someone told me they usually die after 2 years when I called for help. I am very disappointed that this happened and won't buy another 1. I bought my mom the mini after as well so I guess that'll be going off soon too.

Overall, I hate my IPad Gaming Experience! Enough has been detailed about the storage and the processor! Many apps are eating up gigabytes and are crashing the iPad! Goodbye Apple for the personal gaming experience! Say hello to the BlueStacks Application on the PC! This conversation is ended!

I can do everything I need to do on the IPad Pro than I can do on my Sony Computer. This includes using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft products. It is so user friendly and the apps availability are unbelievable. I absolutely love this product and purchased one as a graduation gift for an individual studying to be a PA. She has dazzled her professors with its capability by utilizing the anatomy apps available. She shares it in class. One anatomy app was $25 but she states it is better than any book and states she does not know what she would do without it. They are a little expensive but well worth the price. Lightweight, portable, educational and awesome! The experience alone makes this product well worth the purchase.

The IPad Pro is the best investment I have made in some time. I purchased the keyboard (I feel is essential), and the pencil (unbelievable) as well. It has incredible power, and I have found it far more friendly than any computer I have ever purchased (that were far more expensive). I purchased the 12.9" and it is so portable and advanced. The experience alone makes the IPad Pro worth the purchase. It is quite advanced. I use some of the anatomy apps with the pencil and you can separate each organ in the body along with all the skeletal parts. It is 3 dimensional.

The color on the IPad Pro is vivid and photos are beautiful. The sound is excellent and the speed far excels over any laptop I have ever used. Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint work as well on the Ipad Pro. Whether it is beautiful graphics, taking pictures, playing a game, or searching on the internet, this is the most awesome product I have purchased. I will continue to purchase them as gifts. There is none better!

Security is great on Apple products and getting to know it features is very easy. I have had Androids and Apple products also several PCs and by far Apple products are worth the money the quality of the products. The only negative is the glass face which if not protected with tempered glass can be expensive to replace. In my household, there is at least six Apple products. GO APPLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

My bought my iPad for $600 from the Apple store, and I loved it! At this point I can't download new iOS, can't get into a lot of my apps, and it throws me off sites daily. I can't believe a product of that price only lasts for a few years! Won't buy another one! I'll look for another product!

I was given an iPad for xmas in 2011 from a friend who I am no longer in touch with. Anyway, I gave it to my son who uses occasionally. He did not sign in to his ipad for more than six months. Recently he went to sign back on and was told he had to activate his ipad with the apple ID and password that was used to register the iPad. I called apple and they told me (after making go through a bunch of mumbo jumbo) that they could not verify the iPad account even though I gave them the Apple ID, serial number and other information such as logging on without other apple ID accounts and passwords we use for our iphones.

After all that they still would not reset my password unless I gave them a proof of purchase, (yea right). I told them that would be impossible to get since I received that ipad in 2011 from someone who I am no longer in touch with. They claim it's for security reasons. I am all for security, but this to me is a scam to make you purchase more of their products. As it stands now I have a square paperweight that can't be use because of apple's absurd policy. If everyone else can reset your passwords with alternative personal credentials and the iPad is not stolen or reported stolen why can't apple do the same? Totally disgusted with their fake care label.

Recent update locked my IPAD 2, requested password which I have never entered or had. Would not connect via Itunes. Tried all apple online support suggestions and would not unlock. Contacted Apple support to discuss problem and advised them if I cannot unlock I would deliver to an Apple approved repairer who charged $99.00 to unlock. Repairer suggested, "Contact apple again for refund as problem only occurred due to upgrade of OS." Apple operator only suggested deliver to apple store to have repaired for free, but not convenient to get into city when authorised repair shop was only 5 minutes from home - would not cover cost of repair - very disappointed with whole apple experience and non-empathy from apple operator.

Since I bought this device I have spent of my time and energy to dealing with multiple problems with iPad software and technical issues. I've reinstalled iPad software and formatted the device with help from support team because of technical problems. Not only wasting over hours of my time having to called Apple support in this process I even beared their rude behaviour and their call cut. The iPad I have now still does not function properly. Explaining issues multiple times before support is willing to act like they will correct problems issues never get resolved. Support told me Apple system cannot do what I'm explaining Apple and disconnects. No support member has same answer. Multiple apps crash and hardware issue. Problems still exist and Apple cannot give me an answer or fix issues. How are they able to rip me off by saying different, different stories.

Apple's iPad is a good product, easy to use and stylish compared to others. But its charger has a very short life. It gets broken easily and needs to be replaced every few months. Seems very sensitive and hard to find in most gadget stores. They need to come up with a more durable charger for it.

My case number is **. I have never been treated so badly by any company in my life. I have been a customer since 2009, and I guess this is the way I'm thanked. All I wanted to do was fix my very lagging iPad and I ended up just getting taunted by a senior advisor telling me that his answer is not going to change and I ended up with no resolution to my problem whatsoever. My iPad is currently freezing up, lagging and unresponsive. I was treated horribly and I cannot believe people like that work for this company. I got nowhere and just went in complete circles over and over again.

I bought these high priced products, and I expected high quality help and support that leads to a fix. But here I am with nothing fixed and I tried to get help for over a few days, at that! I will take this matter as high up as possible because no one should ever be treated this way. The sad part about this is I stood by Apple's products and spread the word all over about the quality and had my family members buy their products believing my word, and this is the respect and care I get from their company.

I was gifted an iPad air 16 gb by my uncle which costed him 36k (in rupees) on September 2014. After one year on November 2015 it went off while watching a video and didn't turned on so I took it to a service centre nearby, the shocking news for me was the cost of service, 1.5k just to check it and 22k for the malfunctioned hardware. At this price point there are better tablets on offer in India. Apple iPad is good product only if you have a lot of free money.

My Apple iPad is 2 years and 10 months old. It has never been dropped or damaged. It cost $400 Aus. Yesterday it failed - would not reconfigure/charge etc.

Took it Apple Technician/Geelong. Later received a phone all to say it had failed!! As in dead - and it happens sometimes - must be a dud (absolutely!!!). It could be 'replaced' not repaired for another $ 350 Aus!!! Really? After less than 3 years load of high priced rubbish! Who do Apple think they are?

I bought an iPad 2 back in 2011 and has been happy with it until recently. It worked perfectly well even after I have dropped it on Dec. 30, 2014 and its screen was broken. Its screen protector is the only one that's holding it until now and I’ve never had the time to have the screen repaired. The mic is not working anymore. I’ve checked the Apple iPad site for support as well as reset the settings but the mic still does not work. I’m just gonna have to use it without its mic functionality.

Bought an iPad mini 2 for my daughter a month ago for her birthday. Power button stuck, turns itself on and off. My options were to pay for a new one till they got my old one back (single mom of 3 children) no affordable for me. Send it in and wait 3-4 weeks to get it back or drive over an hour to get it fixed by an Apple Store. So needless to say, my daughter is out her bday present and I am out $200.

Last May for my b'day, I was giving an APPLE IPAD and 1 year +1 month later, it died. I called the IPad Company and I was told that the guarantee of 1 year expired and that I couldn’t purchase now because it was too late since purchased 5/14. It will cost me $299.00 + shipping to send it in. VERY dissatisfied & disappointed, this was giving to me by my kids and they didn't mentioned any extra guarantee. I have the APPLE AIR.

I spent big money on an iPad. I could have spent far less for a tablet. But spending the extra for an Apple has not paid off. It crashes all the time. I can't get apps I want on it unless I jail break it, and I still don't know what that means. All I can say is I was excited to get it. Now I will be excited to get rid of it. I will never own any thing Apple makes again. It is just high priced crap!

Glad to have the Internet spotty service fixed but now having issue with typing on social services. The keyboard obstructs view of everything I type. This is new with the update. Sucks.

Whilst using the iPad mini in a demonstration, the screen turned black, would not respond to recharging, and would not work by simultaneously pressing the wake and the on/off button. Extremely poor product. My cheap Samsung is excellent.

My iPad 2 is basically worthless after the 8.3 update. The keyboard is sluggish and has 5-8 second delays. 50% of the time I am kicked off websites and then the site tries to reload, my battery has a serious drain and everything has slowed way down. Before the update everything was perfect and now even after trying the recommended fixes on the apple community sites it is garbage. I guess I could take it to the Genius Bar but why should I have to. No more Apple for me.

iPad Air dead after 1.5 years. I purchased it in November of 2013 and it died 11 months later, just under the 1 year warranty. The local Apple Store gave me a replacement, which had a warranty for 90 days, and that is what just died. I was offered a replacement at $300 which is not satisfactory. I've owned Mac products for 15 years, desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones. I had an iPad 2 for 3.5 years before I bought the Air. My satisfaction with that model was what prompted me to upgrade.

The bottom line is I spend $550 dollars on a product that only lasted 1.5 years. Sure, it wasn't covered beyond a one year warranty, but I still feel greatly cheated by Apple. Especially since my iPad 2 from 2011 IS STILL working. A $300 replacement is no kind of solution and is insulting. I did nothing wrong to my iPad and took good care of it. It stays at home 95% of the time. I will NOT be replacing my iPad.

Generation 1 Ipad will not turn back on, after Warranty runs out. They told me, "You have to pay for it to get it fix". The cost for fixing is like buying a New iPad! I put a lot of money into this ipad.

My iPad died today, and I had not purchased any iPad insurance or extra warranty. I went to the Apple store in Calgary, Canada and was told “the logic board was fried” and there was nothing they could do about it. When I questioned the quality of the product I was told that "they don't usually last longer than that". SERIOUSLY? $600 and a device only lasts 2.5 years? I have an iPhone, and iMac (that I am also having problems with) and have no recourse. They did ("kindly") offer to sell me a brand new iPad. I am going to renew my relationship with Bill Gates. Lot of flash on Apple products and no customer support or loyalty to back it up. Hugely disappointing.

After updating to iOS 8.3, my iPad has not been the same. Freezes, i.e., playing games, slower and at times, when I select a website, it takes me to the site and within seconds returns to the homepage. Come on Apple, fix this!

Went from bad to worse with each update. Only blaring white page and very poor quality text for an iPad that could outdo other readers. No other fonts. No sepia tone page. Crap dictionary. Zero other useful functions. Loses bookmark after closing book. Could go on forever. I DEMAND to be able to convert my iBooks to Kindle, which has far outshone your crap!

Bought an ipad in Jan 2013. It was fine and had enjoyed it. Last week (after just 2 years), it suddenly died and was only getting the apple logo. Tried every trick suggested by apple and could not get it started. Took it apple showroom. After a 40 min wait, the tech guy sees it and say, “your ipad is gone "kaput" and best it could be used as a paper weight.” The best part is he does even try and conveniently suggest "Oh! You should buy another one for just $399 for iPad Air". He made me feel that $499 odd money I paid for ipad was cheap money. Rather than addressing the problem he was trying to sell one. Shame on apple for doing so!

I always believed that apple had a great customer service, but seems like as it has become the largest company in the world, it has also become arrogant and less customer focused and seems like beginning of the fall of the giant. I have too many devices of apple at my residence, but I am going to change that. Goodbye to apple products.

Unable to close screens. Delete emails easily. Delete open apps following their directions to work with air printer (recommended hp). NO TABS. Right now I am unable to go to next line. Keyboard downed down beyond usefulness. Eats battery cause I can't op out of big users I don't use. No tabs. I cannot use my normal sized finger select a single letter to revise. I have to stop here. No more patience.

Two months after the warranty expired on my iPad, it had a complete hardware failure! It was a gift for Christmas from my mom because I am disabled. Now Apple wants me to pay to replace it. I think I will skip it - most likely if a $600 product won't last two years. And your staff made fun of my Dell for the hard drive crashing! Isn't that the pot...

Recently Apple pushed a software operating upgrade on my 32MB iPad. The iPad was 13 months old and had no issues prior to the upgrade (e.g. fully functional and operational). After the upgrade I have been left with the dreaded bright white Apple icon on the black background screen of death. Absolutely genius on the part of Apple's programmers to have their corporate logo shining bright after their upgrade had rendered their own product useless!!! I guess their programmers were too busy not to beta test the upgrade prior to releasing it to the general public.

Oh silly me, maybe Apple profits didn't meet their internal projections and therefore they must continue to screw their consumer base. Attempts to log in through iTunes to reload the software to the original factory settings has failed. Do they really think I am going to purchase another Apple product? Seven hundred dollars for 13 months of use? Their response - Buy a new iPad. Are you kidding me? Kudos to Steve Jobs as he has taught his underlings well. His greedy ways to screw the customer base continues to permeate the Apple company culture long after his death. To all the Apple techies - Steve Jobs was not a god but just a mere mortal.

I have several apple Products including two IPADs, Three IPODS, Apple TV...etc. Recently, I have a problem and cannot solve. Apple does not allow a complaint or to contact. They have established a network service which does not always help. Here is my problem; when I first purchased IPAD the user name and password were set. Now I forgot my password and I am stuck. When logged into Apple ID, the company indicates that it sent authentication to an email. However, the email they sent to is inside the IPAD which I cannot Access. Now I have left With a 900$ IPAD that I cannot use. Apple does not help and their website is not meant to fix this problem. They only care to sell you Products but god forgives if you need their help. I am so frustrated; No more apple products for me, my children and for anybody else who asked my opinion.

Apple iPad Company Profile