3.53/5

258 Alienware Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Purchased a $3200 Alienware laptop last July. Since day one it has the black screen of death problem. Horrified to know that this problem goes back to 2015 or prior yet they still keep putting these out. They want to replace my monitor. Refurbish. I don’t want that. I want my money back and they refused it. Instead they still try to fine print me even though I have an extended warranty. Absolutely the worst company you have I’ve ever dealt with in my life and will never ever ever ever deal with them again. Please avoid this company and it is true - you can’t understand a word their customer service speaks.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought an Alienware laptop because, at the time, it was the only laptop that could run dual 3D projectors and virtual reality. But the computer has been an absolute disaster from day one. To start, it's very difficult to use. Windows constantly open and close of their own volition, it's difficult to open or close windows, it's constantly going out of whack and needing updates. Within a week or two of my warranty expiring, I started receiving constant phone calls, multiple calls a day sometimes. Always, it was Dell telling me that my warranty expired and saying I need a new one. Despite my asking them to stop calling, they continued. And then my speaker started making a loud crackling/clicking sound and, you might think that having a warranty would help but no--they'll just tell you that you need to buy a new computer.

Dell doesn't seem to care that they will eventually have a class action lawsuit over selling garbage computers. The penalties they will pay will be far less than the profits they make selling these overpriced computers that are manufactured in China. But the fact is, no matter where it's manufactured, Alienware laptops are garbage so far as I can tell. I truly regret buying this computer. It was a VERY expensive mistake.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Bought an Alienware laptop, its keyboard stopped functioning. Contacted Dell to have it fixed, they sent a technician and he mishandled my laptop so bad that there are scratches all over the body of my laptop. He did not even place the laptop on the special blanket he brought with himself. While he was opening the laptop, he placed many parts on the Floor of my room! I told Dell and they requested me to send my laptop to them, been waiting 2 months now and they sent the laptop back to me and haven't fixed half the things. The person who was assigned to my case does not even answer my email or calls. They have been ignoring me nonstop. Never buying anything from Dell ever again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

This computer is supposed to be an "advanced" gaming computer, but it apparently can't handle ANY game I have. It always crashes or lags a lot. Also, it is extremely slow when processing stuff, and loading websites. The storage compartment of mine can barely fit four games, instantly filling up after I download two. Words of advice, DON'T GET AN ALIENWARE.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered an Alienware R7 in May of 2018. Since then, I have had three tech guys to my house, on three separate occasions, for three separate issues, who changed out the graphics card, SSD, and motherboard. Each event was a difference issues. Tech support still unable to resolve the issue, had Dell mailed me a new R7.

After a month of light gaming, the second R7 stopped working entirely. I shipped the new R7 back to them and they sent it back with another new graphics card but this time they gave it the white glove treatment and system check prior to shipping to ensure quality. Which you would think they would do with every PC. When I got the R7 back, I plugged it in, made the necessary updates, and then opened a browser. This is when the system froze and rebooted. I was able to get back to my desktop after the reboot at which time I opened Steam and the system froze again and rebooted. As of now (November 2018) Dell refuses to refund my money, they cannot fix the issues, and two R7s later, they have proven incapable of providing a basic PC. I now have a $1700 paperweight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alienware?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I don't know where to begin. You're paying for an AI laptop that memorizes user input redundancies then executes commands without user input. In other words this is experimental AI and it SUCKS. The laptop has a brain of its own. You click up. It clicks down. You view videos. A random app opens. It will shift through windows and kick you out of things you're writing. It's nonintuitive. Cortona sucks and is designed to make you stupid. Any Windows based system is superior to this. The computer also spies on you and records everything you do and say. Now, after only 6 months of use - the battery has stopped working and requires 24/7 plugin.

This is expensive garbage artificial AI tech where Dell has figured out how to make their customers pay for their RD. $4,000.00 for total garbage. I tell you the truth when I say my HP 2012 laptop is superior to this. Because it DOES ITS JOB! Who gives a damn about pretty colors and cool looks when your laptop sucks! Look at the reviews from Consumer Affairs and compare them to other reviews. Consumer Affairs has real reviews. The others are FAKE and PAID OFF. I write a review on other sites and it's deleted/never approved. Please people heed this warning.

The Alienware laptop is a garbage rip off marketing scam. You're getting SCAMMED if you buy Alienware. The battery is internal which does not allow for switching. The software craps out for no reason. The console overheats for no reason. The mousepad is erratic for no reason because the AI tech can't figure out what you're going to do next. It's AWFUL. What kind of direction is tech heading when 2010-12 laptops are outperforming 2018 laptops. Do NOT make the same mistake I did. Do NOT equate flashy sales and marketing and price with - quality. Do NOT purchase a Dell Alienware laptop. This is the most gawd awful laptop ever. 1 star is TOO MUCH.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Dell has the absolute worst customer service. I spent $4000 on an Alienware R5 17 in silver and they sent me a black one. One at a time, They sent me 3 separated new "silver replacements" which have all showed up to be the black model. I don't know the difficulty about opening the box and making sure it's silver before they ship it.

After about 2 months of back and forward with Dell and shipping returns to Purolator, I said, "Screw it. I want a full refund." It's now been three months and they're still taking money out of my account... I don't even own one of their products anymore. I've called DCS and they continue to give me the run around and tell me that it could take up to 30 days for my account to zero. What about my money they've taken? How long will it take to get that back? Do yourself a favor, take my advise or don't. Save yourself hours and hours of frustration, wait times and misunderstandings. run to a store to buy a computer. That way there are no misunderstandings. If there's a problem just return it. It's that simple. Dell is a joke that have taken advantage of way too many of their customers. I hope some day it bites them in the **.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Customer service after the sale is nearly as important as the build quality of the machine. Dell/Alienware failed in both. I've had this expensive Alienware 15 R4 for just over three months and had three service visits. The screen had to be replaced due to the worst light leak (more like a huge gap) I've ever seen. I ended up with a home service visit because the repair depot sent desktop boxes for a laptop, twice. Then, the service provider failed to reassemble the machine correctly and another visit was required. Next, it turned out that the storage drive was DOA and had to be replaced. The service person they sent that time did a decent job, nearly making up for the extremely rude Dell customer service rep I talked to on the phone. Alienware was once a great brand. Sadly, my experience so far indicates that this is no longer the case. Bottom line, their customer service and products are terrible. Do not buy!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I got Alienware R3 17 in 2016 - and I never really had an issue with it. Fast forward to Sept 12 2018, that is when things started to go wrong. I bought a game called Far Cry 5 and I played a bit of it until everything went black. To me I thought it was an issue concerning my battery. So I went to GeekSquad, and they informed me it was the motherboard same with MicroCenter. I was warned that replacing an Alienware Motherboard is like 800+ dollars. At the point I just gave up. I would rather purchase a desktop instead. That being said - ironically Alienware called me to extend my warranty.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

For a company which has 24/7 sales support and online purchasing but to only have Customer Service support Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm (CST) is unacceptable. I have an order in place and tried to call customer service several times during this limited timeframe and waited online for over 30 minutes and then selected to get a callback. Callback never occurred! I then send an e-mail and get a reply with a link to check on the status of the support request. Check the link after not hearing back and find out the support request has not been assigned yet, so I can on Saturday morning. The message states they are closed and hangs up. NO MESSAGE about their hours or when to call back and the original e-mail also states nothing about the limited Customer Service hours!!!

I have a timely Customer Service request and will have to wait till Monday now. By the time Monday arrives the special sale I want to take advantage of will have come and gone. A company that takes orders and sells 24/7 should have Customer Service in place 24/7 as well. I wanted to cancel my order to take advantage of a sale and promotions now occurring. The reason for this. Ordered an Alienware 17R5. It arrived defective, a replacement was setup, the replacement arrived defective as well!!! I had to pay significantly more to order again and wanted to reduce this cost.

Alienware Company Information