2.5/5 (371 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Alienware

Alienware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alienware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alienware?

Original review: March 17, 2020

I have never had a computer with so many issues. I wanted computer with graphic ability. I've had it for 3 months. Checked for virus, shows everything runs good. But it locks up opening programs. I have had it fixed once and it still doesn't run right. I will never buy an Alienware again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Screen failed seven months in...purchased the Premium Service package...but Dell/Alienware is not responsive at all. Initial engagement on screen was 11 Feb, with eight follow on calls, multiple emails, I was told be Dell that the new screen would be available 11 May 2020. I was stunned, this is the premium support package? I complied with requests to take pictures of the machine (before the screen failed completely)...I provided the information via MS Office products but Dell service staff said they could not open.

In the end, after a week, the Dell team told me that my responses were not acceptable as they were not hand written...They returned not one call; they have no plan to replace my machine or the part...I feel really bad I spent this much money and essentially have nothing. Live and learn. I bought an HP so I at least have functioning machine to file this report on! Buyer beware! Alienware might have been good at some point, with great service, but not now... FWIW< screen failure began as washed out colors, ghosting of closed images and windows and finally, mercifully, nothing. Will Dell follow up to any of my inquiries? I am equally devoid of hope and fear. Good luck.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Had an old Alienware machine and I was 5 days from running out of warranty when water fried it. Lucky I bought the extra Accident coverage so they took it in fixed it and cleaned it up super nice leaving it looking new! It was fast, to the point, and they didn't try to blame me or say, "Oh you broke it on purpose" or anything. I've never had problems with their tech support so long as you have warranty. I'll be buying another laptop when the new RTX 30 series cards are out and I'm gonna be looking Alienware/Dell again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Purchased “gaming” laptop Oct. 2018. By June 2019 the audio went out. Purchased “premium” warranty so tech was sent to my home. 5 DAYS LATER. Tech was unable to repair. Unit picked up by Dell and returned 7 DAYS LATER. Motherboard replaced. 2 months after that the keyboard had to be repaired. 3 months later, MOTHERBOARD CRAPS OUT. I am a 57 year old that games about 5 HOURS A WEEK. This product that cost north of $3000 dollars is a HUGE disappointment. Explanation from Dell, “electronics fail, that’s why we offer warranties”. Would have been wiser to spend a third of the price at Walmart then I wouldn’t be so pissed off. STAY CLEAR OF THIS PRODUCT!!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

They sold me a defective product and after applying all the fixes they asked me to the machine still doesn't work properly. The windows updates are not being installed. Therefore if somebody is interested in starting a class action lawsuit against DELL regarding the ALIENWARE PRODUCTS please reach out to me so we can gather evidence.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Purchased an Alienware laptop on Black Friday 2019 and was please with the good pricing Dell offered. Received the laptop before Christmas and all looked to be going well. Upon starting up the computer, it immediately gave the "blue screen of death" and would cycle through different error. I ran Dell's diagnostic program and it was discovered that the motherboard was fried. Dell quickly scheduled for a technician to arrive to replace the motherboard onsite. I was pleased with the process and how quickly Dell reacted to the problem.

Technician arrived two days later and replaced the motherboard but it did not fix the problem. Dell tells me that the mother and daughter boards are fried and the parts are a month out. Rather than wait a month, Dell offers to exchange the laptop for the same or better with everything being expedited. I agree. Knowing that the laptop I ordered was somewhat customized and not a part of their typical offering, I figured that Dell would bump up the specs to a mildly better laptop so that it could ship immediately. Not the case! I'm now waiting for Dell to rebuild the exact specification that I originally ordered. This entire process has been a month. I'm now getting billed to begin making payments for a computer that has never been used. I'm less than pleased.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Dell customer is the worst I’ve ever dealt with! Products are expensive, but okay if you can get it delivered and never have an issue requiring help! Trust me and save yourself the headache and buy from someone else!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

First Alienware, an m15 makes grinding noise straight out of the box. Half an hour later, the fan died. That's build quality for you. Guess what is the reason they only give 1 yr basic warranty for their premium laptop? Yap, they dare not stand behind their product because they know they use cheap parts and have no quality control. Returning it and never touching Dell products ever again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The small triangular part that covers the connection ports on the back of the monitor was never stayed in place for me. It would always come loose and fall to the desk. I finally decided to go to chat and see if they would replace this small, think, cheaply made, plastic part. I was on the chat with the rep for over an hour, he tried to send me a manual on how to "install" this part. After this, I had to give him 3 pictures. A good hour was wasted until they said that they would not be replacing this part and there was in fact no way for me to get this piece from them.

For such an expensive monitor, the back panel needs to be much sturdier. And, in the event that something goes wrong, customer service needs to stand behind their products. I had a negative experience with the item itself, and even a worse experience with their customer support. I cannot recommend this to anyone unless you are desperate and get it on huge markdowns. Other considerations: Shortage of ports, only one Display port. Screen flickers every few hours or so. Screen can turn off and on repeatedly for no apparent reason until computer is put to sleep or restarted. Pros: Colors are vibrant.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

What a painful experience, all I wanted was to get the battery model for my Alienware. I had the service tag, and I spoke to 5 people all who I could not understand, it took a while to get them to understand what my service tag was. I got bounced around, back and forth and eventually someone hung up on me. I never got what I needed, guess I'll have to take the computer apart to find the part number. What a terrible experience!

Alienware Company Information