1.39/5
Based on 162 reviews that contain star ratings

246 Alienware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

I am one of those people that's never owned a computer. I've always used my phone and relied upon using friends/family’s computers when I've had no choice but to require one. Enter, November of 2018 when I'm in school for physics/astronomy. I fell in love with the game Elite Dangerous. Naturally relating to my degree I only played Elite and always on my PS4. I wanted it in VR so I bought the Alienware mentioned in this submission. First mistake was that I broke my rule of NEVER buying anything from Best Buy except for prepackaged items such as CD's or DVD's/Blu-ray which aren't things we really need to buy any more so I shouldn't have gone there to look. Ended up ordering this PC because it was supposed to handle Elite in Ultra VR and I could progress in my degree with it and use it for homework and projects etc.

First off, it didn't come with a power cord so I bought one. Long story short you guys/gals, this is a brand new computer and while it does play games and it does handle some heavy graphics at times; I spend at least an hour or two each week on the phone with Alienware tech support to get something else fixed. A brand new PC shouldn't IMMEDIATELY cause problems like this. I'm really glad I didn’t purchase the additional warranty as well because it would have just involved being able to spend more time on the phone with tech support having me do the same redundant bs that the last agent had me do. I saved that money and I'm going to spend it very soon on building my own computer when Bitcoin stops killing our graphics card prices or at the very worst case scenario, buy a new PC from a smaller company that cares more about their product and their clientele.

I guarantee you that some big CEO exec at Dell has either seen or at least been advised of the problems being reported because I see very angry people, EVERYWHERE. And they're all not happy. But I can also guarantee you that same exec is also knowledgeable of the current stock price of Dell, currently at $59.69 and just went up $2.51, and this is what they care about. They see the numbers rollin' in cause idiots like me wasted money on their ** product and that's what they're paid the big, big bucks to care about. The world has turned into a very greedy place and it really makes me sad that my daughter is going to have to grow up in a world that people like this run our tech progression and probably run quite a bit of politics behind the scenes as well.

Everything has its cycle though and everything runs its course. If there's one thing I KNOW being a man of science it's that entropy will win in the end. It always does. This cycle will run its course eventually and Dell will be standing there with their heads in the sand and nothing but a legacy of poor service and shoddy workmanship to tell their grandkids about. It is on THAT day that we the consumers who have been taken advantage of win. It is on that day that entropy wins and no stock market number can change that.

Original review: March 9, 2019

It's a shame, first time in over 20 years that I buy a pre-built computer from a company. The customer service is absolutely horrendous. I ordered the system, it still hasn't shipped, the company is now advertising 12% off company wide. I sent a request asking for the discount since they haven't even shipped my order yet. The agent responds that a discount can't be applied unless I cancel and reorder the product; however, in the same breath offered a lesser discount, 3%, if I didn't cancel my order?!? Let me get this straight... You can't but you can? That doesn't make sense and is insulting that the play was even attempted. It's been several days since my initial complaint. Now Dell and Alienware are ignoring my complaint. They are fast to take my money, but non-existent when I have a legitimate complaint.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought an Alienware laptop because, at the time, it was the only laptop that could run dual 3D projectors and virtual reality. But the computer has been an absolute disaster from day one. To start, it's very difficult to use. Windows constantly open and close of their own volition, it's difficult to open or close windows, it's constantly going out of whack and needing updates. Within a week or two of my warranty expiring, I started receiving constant phone calls, multiple calls a day sometimes. Always, it was Dell telling me that my warranty expired and saying I need a new one. Despite my asking them to stop calling, they continued. And then my speaker started making a loud crackling/clicking sound and, you might think that having a warranty would help but no--they'll just tell you that you need to buy a new computer.

Dell doesn't seem to care that they will eventually have a class action lawsuit over selling garbage computers. The penalties they will pay will be far less than the profits they make selling these overpriced computers that are manufactured in China. But the fact is, no matter where it's manufactured, Alienware laptops are garbage so far as I can tell. I truly regret buying this computer. It was a VERY expensive mistake.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

This computer is supposed to be an "advanced" gaming computer, but it apparently can't handle ANY game I have. It always crashes or lags a lot. Also, it is extremely slow when processing stuff, and loading websites. The storage compartment of mine can barely fit four games, instantly filling up after I download two. Words of advice, DON'T GET AN ALIENWARE.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered an Alienware R7 in May of 2018. Since then, I have had three tech guys to my house, on three separate occasions, for three separate issues, who changed out the graphics card, SSD, and motherboard. Each event was a difference issues. Tech support still unable to resolve the issue, had Dell mailed me a new R7.

After a month of light gaming, the second R7 stopped working entirely. I shipped the new R7 back to them and they sent it back with another new graphics card but this time they gave it the white glove treatment and system check prior to shipping to ensure quality. Which you would think they would do with every PC. When I got the R7 back, I plugged it in, made the necessary updates, and then opened a browser. This is when the system froze and rebooted. I was able to get back to my desktop after the reboot at which time I opened Steam and the system froze again and rebooted. As of now (November 2018) Dell refuses to refund my money, they cannot fix the issues, and two R7s later, they have proven incapable of providing a basic PC. I now have a $1700 paperweight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alienware?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I don't know where to begin. You're paying for an AI laptop that memorizes user input redundancies then executes commands without user input. In other words this is experimental AI and it SUCKS. The laptop has a brain of its own. You click up. It clicks down. You view videos. A random app opens. It will shift through windows and kick you out of things you're writing. It's nonintuitive. Cortona sucks and is designed to make you stupid. Any Windows based system is superior to this. The computer also spies on you and records everything you do and say. Now, after only 6 months of use - the battery has stopped working and requires 24/7 plugin.

This is expensive garbage artificial AI tech where Dell has figured out how to make their customers pay for their RD. $4,000.00 for total garbage. I tell you the truth when I say my HP 2012 laptop is superior to this. Because it DOES ITS JOB! Who gives a damn about pretty colors and cool looks when your laptop sucks! Look at the reviews from Consumer Affairs and compare them to other reviews. Consumer Affairs has real reviews. The others are FAKE and PAID OFF. I write a review on other sites and it's deleted/never approved. Please people heed this warning.

The Alienware laptop is a garbage rip off marketing scam. You're getting SCAMMED if you buy Alienware. The battery is internal which does not allow for switching. The software craps out for no reason. The console overheats for no reason. The mousepad is erratic for no reason because the AI tech can't figure out what you're going to do next. It's AWFUL. What kind of direction is tech heading when 2010-12 laptops are outperforming 2018 laptops. Do NOT make the same mistake I did. Do NOT equate flashy sales and marketing and price with - quality. Do NOT purchase a Dell Alienware laptop. This is the most gawd awful laptop ever. 1 star is TOO MUCH.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I got Alienware R3 17 in 2016 - and I never really had an issue with it. Fast forward to Sept 12 2018, that is when things started to go wrong. I bought a game called Far Cry 5 and I played a bit of it until everything went black. To me I thought it was an issue concerning my battery. So I went to GeekSquad, and they informed me it was the motherboard same with MicroCenter. I was warned that replacing an Alienware Motherboard is like 800+ dollars. At the point I just gave up. I would rather purchase a desktop instead. That being said - ironically Alienware called me to extend my warranty.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have been completely happy with my Area 51 computer, it has exceeded way above any of my previous computers. So when I was finally able to play practically any game on Ultra+ settings, it felt like heaven! Not having to always reduce the quality of games and resolutions and simply not being able to play any of those new, top titles, is a burden that I no longer have to carry. With this beautiful product, I basically have no limits! I should note that I got this at a small discount due to it being an older-ish model.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a 17 inch Alienware laptop. My credit card is at one address, my delivery address was different. Dell stopped the shipment internally, and posted on their website that the FBI had intercepted my order and stopped processing it. The FBI was never involved!!! They just didn't process my order and failed to let me know. Then, they lied about the FBI's involvement in my order!!! Ultimately, the laptop was delivered, and it works fine. However... I was supposed to get Reward points that I could use to buy accessories, like a carrying case. BUT they didn't tell me that it takes 30 business days to get those reward points after the computer is received!!! So I don't have a carrying case to protect the laptop for over a month.

So I finally received those reward points, and placed an order for a carrying case. My order was processed, and I looked at their website which told me that my case would arrive on 8/23. When it didn't arrive as expected, I went online and looked at their website - to find the status of my order. A large yellow banner clearly stated that my order was stopped by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Yes, it is clear that my laptop carrying case is a threat to the nation!

I did not receive an email from Dell telling me that they were not shipping the case to me. I had to figure it out by myself when it failed to arrive as advertised. Same thing as with the delivery of the laptop itself - I never received any information that my order had been stopped. Seems like the only way you find out what the status of your order is, is to look online and call them. They will not tell you that your goods are not going to arrive as they told you before. When I called to follow-up with customer service, two internal people told me on the telephone that the item was not in stock! AND that the order would be shipped to me on 8/30 - that there was no FTC involvement. Moreover, I will be back in Arizona before the item arrives in California sometime in September.

So whenever they don't perform, their standard excuse is that the US Federal government prevented the shipment. Don't believe them!!! Although they make a really good product, they lie to their customers, and you can't plan anything around their shipments. This last comment really causes me problems, since I go back and forth between Arizona and California frequently. It is important for me to know when items will be delivered. Do I send it to my Arizona address or to my California address? If I'm wrong, it might sit outside of my home for a month, waiting for me to arrive.

Further, it will be 2 full months before my computer has a case to protect it from the elements. I have another trip to Arizona and then a trip to Washington State without the benefit of a protective case. That's bad!!! VERY BAD SHIPPING AND VERY BAD INFORMATION TO THE CUSTOMER!!! I ordered a Dell because they have a pretty good reputation in the marketplace. They are doing everything they can to screw up their reputation. Failure to deliver products, and failure to keep their customers informed are major defects in the Dell model. They really can and should do better!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Nothing but problems from the beginning. Paid over $3000 for my laptop. Dell even rejected my review. First off is that I had to call and they re-installed Command Center... then I started getting spam messages from Alienware Support; over 300 an hour - after 3 days they got it stopped. Their Support Assist is broken on my laptop so I have to manually go to their support page and check by current date for updated drivers. They try hard, but it's even also hard to understand them. Definitely not worth the money and definitely my last Dell gaming computer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Purchased the Aurora R6 in August of 2017, have not had a problem with it, still as quiet as the day I got it and runs all the games I can think of, I was a little disappointed that they don't offer Dual Channel memory unless you get the 32 Gb Ram option, I only got the 16 Gb came with 1 stick, and it had an AMD RX580 graphics card. I would prefer a Nvidia Gtx 1060 or 1070 but all in all I'm happy with it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Bought the Alienware x51. Broke down three times. They would not replace it or refund it. So I filed a lawsuit through small claims. That eventually got through. They called me to settle. They're practically criminals. Just be ready for problems if you decide to buy from them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

One they are extremely shady on what their extended warranty covers. I have both software and hardware issues so the Alienware 18 must be returned for maintenance, yet they force me to do a hard reset, which does not solve the software issue. They call me last Saturday and tell me they are sending a box for return, it is now Thursday and I receive this email: "I made an update to the team in charge of the OOP and confirmed the things that needed to be addressed. They closed the case and are not sending any box at the moment. They sent you the last email on 7/11/2018. Please take a look at that. I also requested them to contact back. Thank you for choosing Dell."

Are you kidding me, David says there is an issue, so let's close the case and not send a box, problem solved, ignore the customer... I will never buy Alienware ever again unless they fix these issues, and this computer has been a issue since the start, I have sent it back 12 times in the past 3 years, every time asking to just replace the unit every time, well... it needs to do this 3 times, it does it 3 times and well... it didn't do it 3 times in a month it has been 4 months. It starts over after a month, they will never just replace a broken unit.

I am so disgusted with DELL right now, every time I call I have to talk to several departments, all who cannot help and then the answer is (the correct department will contact you within 24 hours) they never do. I have been reading the comments and seeing many of the same issues with other users, I will make sure to tell everyone I know to avoid Alienware at all cost, they will only lie on warranties and hurt you as a customer.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I bought 2 17R4 Alienware laptops for my kids. Both of them stopped working after a year. I paid over 3,000 dollars for them. I contacted Dell and to talk to some person that doesn't speak English very well. Anyway, this foreigner told me that I would be charged for them to help me. I was going to buy the parts needed from Dell but I refuse to be charged for hardware support. Dell is terrible! I would recommend never buying anything from Dell whatsoever.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Within a year the video card went out, I got scared and purchased the extended warranty. A few months later the laptop (Alienware Laptop Gaming Computer 7th generation 4K 2017 piece) will not turn on. I called customer service and asked for a replacement. They said I had to wait for three attempts of repairs before that happens. They then said, "We can walk you through it and open it up, disconnect the ram and the battery and restart it!" I paid over $2,000.00 for this piece of crap and have had nothing but problems! Asked for a replacement. Still waiting for an answer from a supervisor. By the way had to wait 45 minutes on hold until I was able to speak to someone.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have had this Alienware Alpha for about 2 years now. The one I have now was not even the original! The original one I had broke (flashing yellow light upon start-up) and I had to send my system back while they sent me a new one! Granted, this new one lasted longer but the warranty was up after 6 months and here I am at not even the two year mark and the Windows Audio service shuts itself off on its own. The GPU Fan Failure comes up at start-up (press F1 to continue) and I get crashed as application failures on things that are on minimum graphics or not even games at all. Never buying from here again, try Xidax, at least they give you lifetime warranty and service XD.

Resolution response: April 30, 2018

Finally after five months of troubles they think they have fixed it by removing the over-clocking feature on my computer.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I purchased an Alienware Aurora R6 11/28/17, after the first month a message popped up saying that my command center, which controls the fans and cooling, was now turned off. I contacted AW and they reloaded AW COMMAND CENTER. a week later it happened again, this time while talking to AW Tech person the computer turn off and would not start. They replaced the motherboard and power pack and reloaded Win 10. A few weeks later the same message again popped up. This reloading the AW CC has been done seven times now to a four month old computer. Now they are saying it is not a hardware issue, software.

This is a copy of their last message to me, "Hi James, Thank you for your valuable time. The case was previously escalated to our engineering department, they said that this is a software problem probably caused by an update that may be changing the AWCC registry. According to them we have to wait until AW CC updated version is release." So how long am I supposed to go without my computer until this gets fixed? They have no answer! I will never buy another Dell or Dell-Alienware computer again! This was supposed to be a high-end computer at $1600!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I feel your pain. And it's not just the old gen laptops. I bought a brand new 15 inch R4 which I've had for about 6 months now and all I've been doing since I've had it is sort out issues. USB transfer problems with motherboard replaced, lighting zones lit only half the time and now side panels not switching on. BSOD's due to bad RAM management, Sound Recon annoying blue circle always appearing without being activated, Tobii camera failing to reinstall, bloatware that doesn't work half the time etc etc. Worst investment ever, and at a cost! Every time one thing gets fixed another problem arises. If it didn't cost me an arm and a leg I would've done the same. Despite the fact that it's garbage, my old Gigabyte laptop that cost me half the price I paid for my Crapware, actually had better performance. I'll be selling this POS and so I can get a Predator instead. Goodbye and good riddance.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I love this machine and knew when Dell purchased the company it would start to suck. They USED to be assembled in the USA. They are now built in China. If you search long enough, you find it's an American Company, but after Dell purchased them, they are now assembled in China. For a $2k system, you'd think they would be built in the USA. Dell is making a lot of money on the name. If you want to find a gaming computer still assembled in the US, look into Razer. This will be the company I will look into if my Alienware gives up the ghost.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I've been a Dell consumer for ~20 years, but I think I'm done. I bought a relatively high-end Alienware 17in laptop about a year ago, and one week before my warranty expired the S-key pad on my keyboard broke cleanly in half. It started as a small fracture and soon came completely apart as I was typing emails. So clean, that I'm guessing it was either a design or manufacturing flaw. In my 30+ years of typing and gaming I've never had a keyboard key break. Dell customer service played email games, and only one phone call, over the next 2 weeks with me... conveniently past my 1 year warranty program.

No one has called back from tech support or other offices. Another department sent me numerous emails requesting that I send money to extend my warranty. I asked them to get involved, and I told them there was no way I would sign up if the laptop warranty I had previously doesn't even cover a single key on a keyboard. Silence from that end too. Buyers beware!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Dell Alienware Aurora - Just spent $2000.00 on this new desktop. The first day I notice a problem with the graphic card. The frame rate would drop way down while playing a game. So on the second day I called tech support. They determined on the third day of troubleshooting I need a new card. I had to wait about two weeks to get it. When the tech arrived at my house I noticed that when he took the graphic card out of the wrapper the wrapper said, "This is a refurbished card." I could not believe that Dell would send a refurbished graphic card. The computer is only two weeks old. So I call Dell right away.

They said that even though the new graphic card was no good on day one I do not get a new graphic card. I get a used one. How can a company treat a customer like crap. I told the Dell tech support guy if I wanted a refurbished desktop I would have paid a lot less money. I paid for new parts not used. So here I am with a new computer with used parts in it. Dell does not stand behind its product. They make it sound like do. Someone needs to tell the CEO of Dell that is not the way to treat customer. I am sure they would not want to be treated like that.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Since day 5 of getting my Alpha, I've been having problems. It started off I'd just have to keep unplugging everything and replug the power cord only back in while turning it on... to disconnecting the CMOS battery every couple days. I couldn't turn the computer off or the yellow light of death would reappear. 4 months later it was done for. Nothing worked. So I sent it back to the company. They only changed out the battery which almost took a month to get the computer back. Worked fine for 5 to 6 months (I hardly turned off the computer unless for updates) then the yellow light of death returned after having to restart the computer for an update.

Nothing worked, so I contacted DELL and because I was a month over my warranty they basically said, "Screw you, you have to pay almost full amount of a brand new one just to have it fixed." All I ever heard since I've had this Alienware is nothing but bad news. Never personally knew anyone that had an Alienware, so I didn't know what I was getting myself into. One of my biggest regrets in my life. Maybe we should all get together and sue this piece of ** company! Never again will I or anyone I know be ordering a DELL product.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I recently contacted Dell after sending my Alienware Aurora R6 in for warranty work after the power supply stopped working. I originally ordered it July 18 2017 and had nothing but great things to say until the failure. After getting an email back stating that there were BUGS found in the case, I called and was informed that due to it being a "Bio Hazard" my warranty was now void. I inquired as to where and what kind of bug but was told nothing further. Before shipping the computer out, I opened the case to inspect for contamination. The inside minus the fan units, looked as clean as the day I bought it. The fan units were dusty and dirty but nothing to indicate bugs. I was informed that there is a process on intake that had to be followed and my unit had been flagged, but there was no evidence, no followup, no verification. Below I have listed everything purchased with the unit in July 2017.

After discussing warranties with the sales rep before purchase, I was assured that the Accidental Damage Service purchased was a catch all for an additional $79. I obviously made this purchase with every intent of protecting it and now I own a $1700 paper weight that I have only used for 5 months. When I inquired into pro rating the warranty since they were not going to honor any repairs, I was also told it was not their policy and not their problem. I did lose my cool initially due to the stonewalling but could not get past a floor supervisor. I did apologize but again nothing changed.

Itemized list. Accidental damage service, 2 years, premium support, 2 years, premium support with onsite service after remote diagnosis, 1 year extended premium support with onsite service after remote diagnosis, 1 year, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K processor (4-cores, 6MB cache, turbo boost 2.0, overclocked up to 4.0GHz on all four cores), 16GB M.2 PCIe Optane memory, 16GB HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2667MHz; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5, Alienware(TM) 460 watt multi-GPU approved power supply with high performance liquid cooling, Dell limited hardware warranty initial year, Dell limited hardware warranty extended year(s), Dell.com order, US power cord.

Windows 10 Home-HE (64bit) English none required, Microsoft(R) Office 30 days trial, no FGA, no option included, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 label, additional software, shipping material, placemat (English, French, BRPT, Spanish), safety/environment and regulatory guide (English/French), CMS essentials DVD no media, thank you for choosing Dell, Killer Wireless 1535 driver, Alienware mouse is not included, keyboard not included, Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1, 8x DVD+/-RW 9.5mm ODD, screw for solid state drive, 2TB 7200RPM 6Gb/s, regulatory label for 460W.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Just an average laptop, you are paying more for the name rather than getting a really good computer, Make sure that you do your homework before checking/ purchasing your computer.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

This computer rings all the bells for me as a work computer. It has the power, memory and I love all of the Alienware features. I think this may be the brand I stick with in the future.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Do not buy from Dell nor buy any Alienware products. I purchased a computer for my son for Christmas 2015. It did not come until January 2016 and he was very disappointed. He was so excited to finally get it but when we got home and plugged it in, it didn't even work! The machine will not even turn on and blinks a yellow signal. If you Google the problem you will see this is a mass issue! I spent hours and months on the phone with support. I sent the machine back and forth several times. They also sent me a "refurbished" machine and asked me to send back the NEW one I purchased. It is now October 2017 and I STILL do not have a working machine. They are not willing to work with me unless I spend another $250 dollars. What a rip off! What a waste of time and money! DO NOT BUY FROM DELL OR ALIENWARE!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have had multiple problems with my purchase of a Dell computer: Alienware Aurora R6. There was a problem with the Windows 10 operating system. After I had transferred all my files and programs to the Alienware computer from my old one, it became apparent Windows 10 did not work properly (audio drivers did not work and could not be fixed). The solution was to reformat the Alienware computer, thereby erasing all my programs and files.

There is the problem of usefulness and misrepresentation. This computer does not meet the requirements that I discussed with the salesperson. I told her I typically run multiple programs (8-10) plus multiple windows open simultaneously (~20 or more). I also use 2 monitors. The Alienware Aurora R6 (recommended to me by the salesperson) is apparently not capable of handling this, as I sadly learned after I unfortunately purchased it. My 6-8 year old computer is better and faster.

Alienware is very slow, considerably slower than the computer it is replacing (my old computer is 6-8 years old). I demonstrated how slow it was to a Dell rep (he took control of my computer through GoToAssist). It became unresponsive and the Rep could see it. It often becomes unresponsive when I'm using it. I have since ceased using it and am relying on my old computer for the time being.

I asked Dell to take this computer back and I'd purchase a replacement that fits my needs, has more computing power, and does not malfunction. Dell refused, saying > 30 days had elapsed; this is true, but the computer sat in my office for 30 days before I had time to set it up for use. To be fair, the Dell rep said he would attempt to fix the problems I'm having. So far, I am extremely disappointed with my purchase, in Dell's quality, and salespeople who misrepresented what this computer could do. Out of the box, this computer has not worked; it remains to be seen if the Rep can fix the problems.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

After forking out over 2K for the product I have had nothing but problems. It has consistent frame-rate issues playing Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch etc. I had it repaired, and it was given a full restore but continued to have the problem. On three occasions the sound card has simply stopped working and have not had sound. Again I took it back, system restore and it happened again. I would NEVER purchase a Dell product again. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I bought this laptop and spent countless hours on the phone with tech support over the course of a number of weeks. After reinstalling the OS for the fourth time, having hardware sent out with a technician to replace what came with the build, and continuing to have constant, sudden hard shut downs, I returned the computer. I shut down my Dell preferred account because I never wanted to deal with Dell again, and a number of MONTHS later I received a call telling me I had not paid the minimum payment on their card, and had incurred multiple late fees. They refused to credit the account, they refused to forgive the late fees. I went to sign into the account and found that they had made my login invalid the first time I had shut down the account, so there was no possible way for me to see the account or pay the balance.

I was bullied with threats about more late fees and with a hit to my credit score and was forced to actually make a payment on this absolute piece of garbage. Again, the payment went to a fee because the minimum balance was not met, and then three late fees. So they refunded the money for the computer and charged me over a hundred dollars purely as a total scam 4 months after receiving the computer. I am livid - I just cannot understand why companies like Dell insist on running their business like a mob boss. I will never purchase a Dell product for the rest of my life. These people are absolutely terrible.

Original review: July 26, 2017

On May 16, 2016, I received an Alienware Alpha for my birthday since I wanted to get into pc gaming. Receiving it was a joy and I hooked it up to everything and started playing and downloading things. It was great for a month then I turned it off one day. Wake up the next day to it by turning back on making flashing yellow lights and I called customer support and I returned it to get it fixed. Now I'm going to cut to the chase but I had to send it back two different times because it broke again not surprising. They send it back finally fixing more than one thing. Got it back and I realized I was getting lower performances on games and other things. It didn't matter much because it wasn't a huge drop and I wasn't going to send it back for another 2 weeks. It lasted for 3-4 months and here I am today so unsatisfied talking to every one at customer support saying they won't do anything about it or will. 4 times in a year it has broke. Unbelievable

Alienware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Alienware was founded in 1996 as Sakai of Miami, Inc. and adopted the name of Alienware in 1997. Alienware became a subsidiary of Dell in 2006. Alienware manufactures and distributes high-performance computers built for gaming.

• Alienware Aurora: The Alienware Aurora is its smallest mid tower gaming desktop PC. These machines are built with expandability and easy access in mind. Consumers can choose from different hardware tiers, including systems that are VR ready.

• Alienware Area 51: Alienware’s iconic Area 51 line of performance PCs can be customized to fit any gaming needs. Its triangular design has become a hallmark of the brand, and consumers can choose the features and upgrades they want.

• Alienware Laptops: The Alienware 13-, 15- and 17-inch laptops provide high-power gaming hardware in a portable laptop.

• Alienware gaming consoles: The Alienware Alpha is a mini gaming PC that is built to function as a compact gaming console. The Alienware Steam Machine is a gaming console that runs on Valve’s SteamOS, an operating system dedicated to gaming applications.

• Best for: Alienware is best for gamers who want a desktop or laptop built for power.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs