Alienware

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I must say, I will never buy another Alienware product ever again. I got the Alienware 18 (Mid 2013) and straight out of the box started having issues. Dead pixels and discoloration of the LCD. Tech sent me a busted replacement screen the 1st time. I had to send it to them twice which did not solve the screen issue because they used refurbished parts which I personally do not agree with being I paid for this thing brand new and was still under warranty.

I got it back with a different screen with a blemish in the center of the screen and with an additional problem. Screws were loose in the chassis and the HDD tray screws were stripped out and cross threaded into the chassis. Metal dust was within the system which I had to disassemble and clean out. I had to send it back to them again for the 3-4th time which they replaced the chassis but never did resolve the initial issue. I decided to just deal with it and never did get my screen fixed over the whole year course. Spending that kind of money I would assume you would also get top notch quality and customer service but it is the exact opposite. I will never buy another Alienware product as long as I live! Blemish will not show in pictures or screenshots.

I called today to get support. They said "we no longer support your system." I said "well do you want me to throw my laptop in the trash... " He just laugh and said "sorry we don't support your system." I highly recommend to buy MSI guys.

I received a computer that the Alienware online tech guy told me "must have been sitting for a long time" as ALL the drivers were outdated. After 2 and half hours tech decided it needed sent in for a new video card. They had it 25 days, replacing the motherboard and sent it back with a sound like bacon frying coming from the laptop, even with the sound turned off. It also has a USB port that you have to wiggle the plug to get it to work, and I still get the VIDEO_TDR-FAILURE that was the original problem. Now I try to contact them and they lie to me, put me off or just hang up on me. I feel they are trying to wait out my warranty. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS THIEVING COMPANY!!! Everyone in the company from tech help to corporate reps sound like characters from an Indiana Jones movie and all they say is "I am sorry" and offer no help.

This product was around $800 retail. Within a year I had two hardware failures thankfully covered by warranty. One year later two more hardware failures involving motherboard and graphics card. It's hard to imagine spending that much money on something that doesn't even work for a year. Now I'm not under warranty and having to buy a new pc since alienware space saving cases make it hard to replace and upgrade with normal pc components. Would never buy again.

Replaced an HP 17 that had a MB issue and hinge broken. The Alienware 17 was roughly $1500 and was customized. So far it's been a fairly solid performer except for two issues. Every once in a while it doesn't recognize the HDD. After having this happen a couple of times I have come to realize it is an issue with the cable connecting the MB to the HDD. I open the bottom panel and remove the cable from the HDD and re-seat it and it's all good. This seems to happen more easily when I have traveled with the laptop, ie air travel. Was a bit scary the first time now just annoying. The other issue is the display auto-adjustment "feature" from Intel and MS. No matter what changes I make it won't disable. I hate the dimming screen when changing pages or apps. Since it was loaded with WinX haven't had any of the upgrade issues others have had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alienware?

I have spent over $500 on repairs due to failed motherboards, RAM sticks, circuitry, fans for the graphics card, new graphic card after failure of factory version. In addition, shortly after I purchased my Alienware X51 (July 2015), an unknown number called me indicating that I HAD to purchase insurance (they claimed they were from Dell) for my unit. As they indicated that this would cost me an additional $600, I declined. Finally, after taking my computer in to a local reputable service center, the trusted employees there indicated that my problems were stemming from the unit becoming overheated. They indicated that this was due to the poor design on behalf of the producer. I am very dissatisfied with the product and service I have received and have told everyone I know not to purchase anything from this shoddy company.

Do not buy Alienware! I've had nothing but problems with the 17-inch version of the R3 right out of the box. I get just about every blue screen imaginable and it won't even boot if it has been on for an extended period of time. I have spent countless hours updating drivers and even sent it back for repair once. Still garbage. Latest built-in diagnostics showing memory errors, and tech support just doesn't get it. I'm in the process of sending it back for the second time. Dell will not replace the laptop. Don't buy one unless you love to be frustrated. Read the forums, I'm not the only one having problems. Just putting this out there as a public service. Look elsewhere for a decent laptop.

Alienware/ Dell Computer has been in the shop 8 times since windows 10 update, little to no customer service help. When I called about extending the warranty on the Alienware it took them 5 weeks to respond and by then I had already sunk 500$ into it. With a 29% interest rate to boot, it has been a horrible experience dealing with Dell and Alienware. I still owe 1600$ (which was retail at the time) of the computer over a year and half later and it's currently in shop for repair again. Look into IBUYPOWER.

I just had the worst customer service experience ever. Literally on hold waiting for help for over two or more hours on multiple days. One time I was on the phone waiting for two hours, was suddenly disconnected, called back and found that the department just closed. You've got to be kidding me. Finally got through today, and they flat out said they couldn't help, and then tried to direct me to sales to sell me more stuff. I've been an Alienware customer for the past ten years and was once a fanboy, but this experience was hands-down the worst customer service experience I have ever had with any company.

Bought this for my kid for graduation. He used it six days before the screen froze. He did what we all normally do - control+alt+delete - and it went into an auto cycle of error checking. And then the OS died. DIED. After six days??? Do NOT buy this. The only thing it's good for is a paperweight.

This is the worst computer I've ever used in my life. It keeps freezing and restarting. I can't access my files without it crashing and the funniest part is I've only had this for three days. This is definitely not worth $2,000.

I received an Alienware X51 with the release of the Oculus Rift. I received the combo in FedEx and upon hooking up the computer it was DOA (dead on arrival). I sent it into Dell computer (owners of Alienware) and they sent me a box to ship my computer and for repair. It has been a week and a half (or more) of waiting for the computer. It was shipped via ground and so it took five days to get to Texas. When I got there it was being evaluated by a "technician." It is now Friday and I won't see it until the status is updated on Monday. I imagine it will take over two weeks or more before I get it. Oh well trying to get a completely new computer. Completely awful. Intolerable. Inexcusable.

I bought an Alienware 15, November 2015. This computer was for my work teaching at University and for my business. This was a new model that cost $2300. It died at about 40 days in. The replacement they sent arrived about 20 or so days after. The new "new" computer they sent did slightly better. It lasted from roughly Jan 21st until April 11th. Hard drive is fried somehow.

I do not trust this brand of computer since the issues. First they said they would send a tech. On the day he/she was supposed to arrive, I came to the address they were supposed to send their tech, but no tech came. They cancelled the tech due to no parts. Next they said they would do an exchange. In that span, they tried to send another tech, but did not ask if the date would work. SO here I am, needing a computer to do my work, and to grow my business, but have been without for more than a week. Really disappointed and will not call the company again. They have no regards for people's time and/or money.

I've always wanted an Alienware since 1999... My Asus laptop of 7 years was accidentally broken by my kids which worked perfect all this time. So I got a great deal on the 15 R2, a week later I shut it down the proper way. I go back an hour later to turn it on and there is nothing. No power to it at all. l call Dell and they say it has to be a motherboard... So now I have to wait a week to hopefully repair it. This is outrageous for a top of the line laptop to just take a crap.

Ordered a custom Alienware desktop -- took over 3 hours on the phone to order, since the website wasn't working. Was told 7-10 days for delivery. Took 4 weeks. Upon arrival, the graphics cards did not work. Spent 4 hours of wasted time with the tech support people. (Lots of useful suggestions: "Is it plugged in? Can you unplug it and wait 5 minutes and then plug it in again? Does it work now? Oh, well try unplugging it again for 5 minutes..." Then, the bombshell: "Can you please take it apart and check the video cards? Oh, you don't have a star screw driver? Oh, our manual says there aren't any screws for you to remove to take it apart.")

Well, after taking it apart, discovering that the video cards were not mounted and the SLI bridge was just floating loose in the case, I reinstalled them and the video worked fine. Not what I expected for the thousands that I paid them for an assembled computer. Fast forward 3 weeks, they begin to call and harass me for paying the "past due" amount on my account, when they haven't even sent the first bill. They call and harassed me everyday for 2 weeks, even after my bank confirmed that they had received the funds paid in full. I will never do business with them again.

November 14, 2015: Purchased this Alienware computer. March 12, 2016: Hard drive stopped working. Windows 10 recommends back up hard drive. Computer fails before backup was completed. March 15, 2016: Placed a call the Dell Tech Support; spoke with Dell Tech Support, talked me through diagnosing the computer. Result shows HD was failing: SMART Predictive Failure- Error Code: 2000-0151. Validation: 119769. March 17, 2016: Received email from Dell Tech Support, saying that new HD to be shipped to technician for technician to come to my home to replace the HD.

March 21, 2016: Technician came to my home and replaced HD, also left me USB drive to reinstall Windows 10 "if" needed. After restarting computer, computer unable to enter Windows. Used provided USB drive to reset/reinstall Windows 10. Failed, "Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired". March 22, 2016: Re-installed using provided USB Drive. After installation, Computer unable to boot. Message "Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired". Used provided link to chat room, Alienware Support said to reinstall again.

March 23, 2016: Re-installed using provided USB Drive. After installation, Computer unable to boot. Message "Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired". Used provided link to chat room, Alienware Support (same person from March 22, 2016) said to reinstall again. Provided me with Dell Tech Support phone # to call. Called Dell Tech Support, did diagnostic by pressing F12 etc. Error Code 2000-0142. Validation: 111773. Said to send Technician to my home again to replacement hard drive.

I decided to treat myself and get something nice, so I buy the Alien-ware Steam Machine. I get it home, set it up, finished doing all of that, I dive straight into the settings, I go into the audio settings, I notice the optical audio is highlighted so I switch it to HDMI audio. I then leave the settings. Switch the audio channels and it works fine then I turn it off and I go out. I return turn the system back on and I notice there is no audio. So I go back into the settings. It switched back so I turn it off again then a few hours later back on and the settings switched again. So I factory reset the unit doesn't help.

So I took it back the next day to where I purchased it from. The store gave me a new one. So I took it home worked fine for a bit then I decide to turn it off. A few hours later turn it on and now it is now flashing yellow and nothing turns on. So now I call Dell with this problem and enplane to them in less than 24 hours. I have gone through two of their systems (I once owned a video game store) that is never reassuring when something like that happens. So I wasn't happy. I in the progress I was hung up on. They sent me a box for my new system. One week goes by can't find parts. Okay so I wait, another week goes. I get an email that they can't fix it because they can't get me a replacement part. Are you serious? The system just came out in November. It's the tail end of February, so they offer me a refurbished aka reject system.

I asked them, "Why can't you send me a new system that's what I paid for?" Their response is they can only send me a refurbish policy and all, it's like new. I respond like "New is not new". They continue to explain. I then proceed to tell them how my Nvidia Shield TV took a dive and Nvidia literally sent me a new one in like 4 days - fast, responsive, the way it is meant to be. They didn't really respond. So proceeded to tell them how they should have sent me unit to begin with. So I cave and go with the reject unit.

Last week they called me to confirm I did that was Friday. It is now Monday, they sent me an email saying they haven't confirmed anything yet. Why? So I call and proceed to tell them my case and ask about compensation like some of money back or even a new system. Nope they just sent me to Limbo and hung up. Now I am stuck with no device because the company can't get it right the first time. So now I have to wait. And to be honest I don't even want it anymore. Their customer service is rude. Unhelpful and they never told me what was wrong with my original (2nd) unit. Never Buying Dell Again.

I purchased a 17" Alienware gaming Laptop from Dell in July of 2014, which for most the year performed flawlessly. One month after the factory warranty expired in August of 2015, the high-end graphics card burned out. I contacted Dell about extending the warranty and repairing the computer, but they refused to do that since "the computer already has an issue". I would have to ship it in to them for repair and then buy the extended warranty.

I thought this was poor customer service that Dell would refuse to stand behind the quality of their Alienware product, which people like me pay a high premium for expecting quality and craftsmanship. I have protested to them repeatedly and reported them to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in my state. All I've gotten from Dell is rude e-mails that basically say too bad, so sad! But I cannot in good conscience recommend the overpriced Dell Alienware computers and definitely can't recommend their customer service.

If there were a negative number of stars to assign, I would do that. My experience was nothing short of horrifying. I spent $1700 on an Alienware computer for my son for Christmas. I bought it early, October 5. Bad move, since the company's holiday return policy was from Nov. 2 to January 15. The computer was GARBAGE from the get go. After he played for a bit, it overheated. The video card was shut. I argued for an immediate refund, but was told I was out of luck since I bought it in October, even though clearly it was for Christmas. The representative convinced me to just send it in for repairs. A brand NEW computer and it needed REPAIR? I did so. They "replaced" the video card. Then the computer was even WORSE. It overheated and shut down entirely! There was no rebooting. When I called to demand a refund, I had to fight for an hour and a half before they "agreed" to the refund.

It gets worse. The company then sent me an email stating that they would send me a prepaid return label and grant a refund, but I had to send it in "within five days" or the deal was off. Then... they FAILED to send the label! When I pressed the customer service representative about it she said it was nowhere in the system and it must have been a "glitch". UNBELIEVABLE. UNETHICAL. IMMORAL. CROOKS! BEWARE!!!

Always wanted an Alienware laptop and finally got one. For the amount of money that was paid for it you would think it would run perfectly. Laptop overheats after 5 minutes. When I connected to my wifi it stays connected until you open the browser. I get disconnected and it knocks all the other computers and mobile devices in my home. After that happens my network is nowhere to be found. Sent it in and they "replaced" the card. I was excited to have it back and connected to my wifi again. I was still having the same issue. We tried everything. It's a piece of junk. Don't buy an Alienware.

Just bought this pc about cyber Monday, and nice box, great looking computer. Then... after you turn it on, set up everything, install couple game, play a little bit, you notice your buddy's same m17 is faster than yours with the same hardware. Whats worse next day you wake your pc from sleep mode and r and other keys don't work and it freezed a little when you double click on league of legend.

So all this was told can be fix by disabling alienware control module. Why! I didn't want to disable anything. It should be the perfect gaming system right out the box! But it\s not. So as they try to fix the pc about 3 hour, pretty much all they did was run test and factory reset. At the end of the day when I restart the pc... its gotten worse. 1/3 of keyboard keys don't work at all. If this was hp or other low end brand... I wouldn't complain but this is alienware. Gaming pc. They did however let me return it. But still... I do not think I'll ever buy another pc from Dell again.

Bought an Alienware in October, found it cheaper when they had the Black Friday deals. They won't price match, only would do it up to $150, whereas the deal would be like $300 difference... Wanted to return, they put me on hold forever, then told me their system is down, gave me a number to call back on Monday. I didn't want to wait, so I called again after 3 hours. They yelled at me for calling them back before Monday, and said "Didn't we tell you to call back on Monday? Is it Monday yet?" Put me on hold for another 2 hours, then I just gave up and hang up. 1 hour later, I received a return authorization and label from Dell to ship back. It has been since 20 days and no refund yet.

I inquire via email, they responded saying they will get in touch with me within the next 48 to 72 hours, if I would like to follow up, please call them. I called them, guess what they say? "Your request is assigned to a specialist, didn't the email tell you to look out for a call from them and you should wait for them to call you." Wow, totally put me at their mercy... So I purchased the deal and along with it, a Microsoft Home Office 2016. They weren't clear on how to retrieve the product, wasn't installed on the Alienware. Then I tried to follow the instructions, it won't work. Called Microsoft Support and spent 47 minutes on the phone with Microsoft. Apparently Dell sold me a product key that was already registered to some hacker so I can't use it to activate nor download my product. Microsoft said this is a very well-known issue with Dell... I will never buy nor use Dell ever again.

A year and half ago I spent over $4,000 (including the warranted) on the best possible M17 I could buy. I had read about freezing and hanging issues with Alienware laptops but hoped that everything I read on the internet wasn't true, unfortunately it was in my case. The day it came in the mail I plugged it in, booted it up, logged into windows for the first time and it starting freezing. The laptop was more or less useless. After two months on the phone with tech support the computer was finally in a "usable" condition. Sadly to get it to work they had to turn off the over-clocking (that I paid for) and make some other questionable changes to software settings. The problem was never resolved, however, but the computer was usable and I resigned myself to the reality that I had wasted four thousand dollars.

About a month and a half ago I received a "sata drive 2 has stopped functioning error" from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application and had to call tech support again. They replaced hard drive number two (in my Raid 0 config) and had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling windows the tech agent failed to set up the Intel Raid Storage Technology application that controlled my hardware acceleration (that I paid for), and the original freezing and hanging returned but worse this time. The computer was dirt slow and completely unusable but the agent I spoke with over the phone assured me for two hours that everything was working fine. I resolved the hardware acceleration issue with a quick google search while being put on hold by the agent (after I got tired of being told nothing was wrong) but the hanging and freezing still remained.

I don't mind solving my own issues, I am accustomed to it, but I paid $500 for a warranty to save myself the time of having to do it. Again Alienware failed to provide me with what I paid for. I would like to say it ends here but replacing the hard drive did not solve the issue, I was still receiving the error message so they promptly sent a box for me to ship the laptop into their service facility. I was impressed by how fast I got the computer back and would have been even more impressed if they had actually fixed the problems. The day it returned from the repair facility a feeling of gloom hung in the air, deep inside I knew it wouldn't be fixed.

They replaced the SSD drive that runs the hardware acceleration and to my surprise that DID fix the "sata drive 2 has stopped functioning" error but the persistent freezing and hanging remained, rendering the laptop useless. At that point I wondered if they even test these PC's after repair by logging in and using them. Even 5 minutes of actually trying to use the PC to surf the web or listen to a MP3 and you see how broken it is.

While in the repair facility they reinstalled Windows 7 (again) and this time they remembered to install the drivers for the hardware acceleration but they formatted the SSD drive wrong. They set it up for "caching" to speed up the PC (you know, the kind of caching you have when you buy a cheap USB drive to speed up your computer?). The computer was (again) dirt slow, but I searched around and found the solution myself (which was to delete the volume on the SSD so that the hardware acceleration option appears in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app).

At this point hopelessness started to set in, I was starting to realize that the tech support exhibited little to no real knowledge of the technology that was going into these machines. They were working off from "step by step" diagnosis charts and not thoroughly testing the PC at all. I called tech support back and after two or three days of deliberation they decided to change out the motherboard and RAM, 3 weeks had passed now from the time my computer had stopped functioning. The parts were on back order for 3 days, then on the day they were supposed to be in they got pushed back for another week, then pushed back again. Finally I asked for the computer to be replaced if that was at all possible, since I had no idea of when the parts would be in and I purchased this computer for work and needed it badly. They agreed to replace the PC.

I would like to say that this story ends here but unfortunately it doesn't. It is going on two weeks now since they agreed to replace the computer (which should have taken a few days to process) and I cannot reach the resolution department to even discuss the matter. When I do manage to talk to someone they just tell me it will be 2-5 days longer. At this point I have little choice but to purchase a new PC and ask Dell for a refund or turn the matter over to an attorney to obtain a refund for me should that fail.

So I've been reading through the issues above and have to wonder... I don't understand what you people expect. I know anything Alienware is an expensive piece of equipment. I'm aware we all paid top dollar for our PCs and expect top quality from our hard earned income. Now let me say this. Broken out of the box happens... it shouldn't but it does and will continue to happen. Is it acceptable? NO but as long as the company you buy from is willing to take it back for repair or replacement or even return then that's simply the way things work in this day and age.

My experience with Alienware has been very positive. I bought an Alienware 17 last November and it has worked great for about 10 months. I paid 2200 usd for it. My laptop is currently in for repair due to an overheating issue and I did have to jump through the hoops of dealing with Dell's outsourced phone support. After dealing with "Bob from Texas" who is much more likely to be "Habeeeb from India" and having him remote access my laptop he said he found no issues at all but was going to send a tech to my home with a new heat sink and fan anyway just to make sure I have no further issues.

Now after they overnighted me a tech with parts the laptop shut down while the on site tech was still in my home. The on site tech called and reported he witnessed the pc fail. At that point they overnighted me a box with an overnight return way bill to send it back. They have kept me up to date via email every step of the way and are providing me with topnotch service. I have to ask if many of the people who had issues here are "and I mean no disrespect" casual computer users who just don't realize how easy it is to break a computer a simple click of the mouse can really mess things up. Alienwares are not a basic home or office pc meant to plug in and view your Facebooks or emails and watch YouTube. Yes you can do those things just fine but they are built to play games and edit videos or photos. These things are souped up, high Rev machines.

Take my 17 for example it has an i7 4710mq processor in it which should run at 2.5ghz. Alienware has it factory set to run up to 3.7ghz. And just like a Lamborghini they take a little extra maintenance to keep them running. For those that say they are using cheap parts? I beg to differ they use very high quality parts. Intel processors, Nvidia graphics cards, western digital hard drives. These are all reputable manufacturers of pc components. Quite often Windows itself can be the issue. A simple security update from Windows can compromise a graphics driver or create a bad sector on a hard drive.. Software is the most common hardware problem.

On that note I say this, is Alienware perfect? No but they do make a solid valid attempt to rectify issues that arise with their products. And I would recommend them to a friend any day. I will also say that from what I have read here that some people simply can't be pleased, or they simply don't know the right questions to ask to attain the results they wish attain..

I order my Alienware laptop on June 10, the computer was shipped in on June 19. I regularly used it to study/practice SQL server 2008R2. The machine was broken down on early September. I tried myself to fix it in vain and called Dell Tech service. The service helped me to restore the functionality by re-install the system on Sept 18, 2015, 3 months later after I had the computer. Today, the machine broke down again. The machine is in screen-saving mode when I left my office, after I come back, it was on blue-screen. And I cannot start windows, exactly as my last time broke-down. On September, an automatic update was running and installation requires re-start computer. When I click the yes button when I was asked if restart now, the computer never restart successfully. I don't know what's wrong with my computer. I guess there is compatibility problem with some hardware. Anyway, I had a very bad experience with Dell Alienware.

I got my laptop on Friday. It's Saturday right now. It's had to go to the shop 3 times already. First time I tried to turn it on it started smoking. They had to put it out. The 2nd time the ram exploded. The third time the hard drive got corrupted from being stupid. Worst choice ever.

We as consumers should stop purchasing from this company, causing their doors to close. Let's not forget, without us, crooks like this cannot survive. I have spent a period of 2 years dealing with Dell Corporation over an Alienware 18. First, I purchased this product for 2800 dollars (should be subject to lemon laws/recall laws as well) only to have to return it to Dell 1 month after I received the laptop. The reasons given to me were faulty parts when in reality, I have used a computer long enough to notice problems in the BIOS and start-up procedures.

Once I received it back from Dell it was ok (not perfect, as 2800 dollars should buy). At this time, the top of the keyboard was getting hotter it seemed than it did before I sent it to Dell for "repairs" and sure enough (when I called Dell, I was put on hold and juggle for a hour before getting disgusted), 10 months after having repaired, it goes to a black screen and no one can tell me what is wrong with this laptop and all Dell wants is more money to fix a fault in their design. Companies like this do not deserve our business as consumers as they simply care more about a dollar than they do us, the consumers. CEO's like Michael Dell need to get off their overstuffed wallets and do their jobs in taking care of those that keep them sitting in their overstuffed chairs.

Windows died. Recovery disc that came with the computer is not working. The sticker that has my product key for Windows 7 has 4 worn off characters, so I can't get Windows from Microsoft. Dell/Alienware won't give me the product key associated with my system. Microsoft said that Dell should have it. My computer is out of warranty, so they want to send me a new recovery disc for $40 with no guarantee that the disc they send will work. Would not let me speak to a supervisor. Worst customer service I have experienced in a very long time. Too bad, because we have been Dell customers for 15 years -- upgrading laptops, desktops and business computers doesn't count for much with Dell.

I purchased an Alienware 18 from dell for my son for Christmas a li'l over a month ago. It wouldn't charge the error message said the adapter was not supported. After an hour on hold being transferred from person to person the rep has me perform several steps and then literally has me get a screwdriver to remove the back and perform additional steps & says "you need a new adaptor." I didn't understand how this was broke already but I just thought "ok." Got the new adapter. Had to drive to take the old one to post office myself. Now again after a few weeks with the new cord working, got same message "not charging - adaptor not supported."

I call back, the rude agent proceeded to laugh at me when I expressed my frustration with how and why a brand new computer would do this. When I said "this is not funny, I want to speak to your manager," he said "just so you know I was not laughing. I was breathing." Are you serious? The only solution is to ship the laptop, be without it until they fix if it's covered under warranty. I feel there is a definite language barrier and the reps are so rude. Not to mention the products are clearly junk. This is unacceptable for the amount I've paid and the fact this laptop was 6 mos old.

I purchased an Area 51 Alienware in March. June 30th the power supply blew up. Not burn up, blew up. After a week no call from tech to install new ps. I will give them a week more and contact BBB. If no joy there, will take it to small claims. Will not buy from Dell again. Unit could have caught rug or house on fire.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Alienware was founded in 1996 as Sakai of Miami, Inc. and adopted the name of Alienware in 1997. Alienware became a subsidiary of Dell in 2006. Alienware manufactures and distributes high-performance computers built for gaming.

• Alienware Aurora: The Alienware Aurora is its smallest mid tower gaming desktop PC. These machines are built with expandability and easy access in mind. Consumers can choose from different hardware tiers, including systems that are VR ready.
  • Alienware Area 51: Alienware’s iconic Area 51 line of performance PCs can be customized to fit any gaming needs. Its triangular design has become a hallmark of the brand, and consumers can choose the features and upgrades they want.
  • Alienware Laptops: The Alienware 13-, 15- and 17-inch laptops provide high-power gaming hardware in a portable laptop.
  • Alienware gaming consoles: The Alienware Alpha is a mini gaming PC that is built to function as a compact gaming console. The Alienware Steam Machine is a gaming console that runs on Valve’s SteamOS, an operating system dedicated to gaming applications.
  • Best for Alienware is best for gamers who want a desktop or laptop built for power.

Compare Computer Brands