Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Acer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Honestly don't bother, especially if they offer you a promotion if you buy from them. I bought a laptop that cost nearly 2 grand, supposed to get a free laptop bag with it. Well, I have sent hundreds of emails, endless communication to get this bag, I have still not received it. Customer service with this company is the pits. They pass the buck. They don't want to know. They are rude. I am so unhappy with them and all I want is what is owed to me. I am looking into small claims court.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Reps are not in the USA. Do not speak barely any English. I purchased my Acer Computer at Office Depot in December and it stops allowing me to connect to the internet. Since it was under warranty, I returned the computer to Acer at my expense and they returned it to me with my MICROSOFT Office deleted and all of my files. EVERYTHING is gone for a simple fix they had to do with a hardware problem. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I ordered a brand new laptop from them for over $700 and it was defective. I sent it in for a repair and then they tried to scam me for another $400 to get it working. I declined the repair charge. Waste of money and time. Don't buy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Product broke twice in the first year. Don't waste your money on Acer Junk. I have laptops from other brands that is older than five years and still running. This one was repaired twice for not charging, and company won't replace.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I bought a gaming laptop from Acer and it failed within a year. This laptop will not power on at all. The laptop specs were so attractive and now I have to pay to ship the Laptop to Acer even though It's within warranty. Luckily I didn't waste my money purchasing the extended warranty they offer else I'd waste my money. I would never buy or even consider buying another Acer product as bad as Lenovo is the service is better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

HISTORY: Jan. 2019: I purchased an ACER all-in-one desktop computer with a 1 year warranty. June 2019: A USB port broke. Tech support said to mail it to TX for repair. July 2019: Operating System does not boot at all. Computer now totally inoperable. July 2019: Per their tech support, mail it to Austin TX for repair via FedEx. They stated that although I should pay for shipping, they are going to provide a FedEx Shipping Label for my convenience.

ISSUE: July 2019: I FedEx'd it to Austin using the FedEx shipping label they provided. When they acknowledged receipt of the item via email, I waited to hear a report on the progress or the repair; instead, they called by phone over a week later telling me that the item was received damaged and I should file a claim with FedEx. I filed the claim with FedEx, as instructed. I provided the Claim numbers to Acer, as instructed. August 2019: They shipped my computer back to me, now physically damaged as well as them claiming that I no longer have a warranty because the screen is damaged and that is not a covered item. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the screen when it was shipped. It was in perfect physical condition; not a scratch on it! The computer was packaged perfectly, with a load of bubble wrap encasing the monitor numerous times, as well as numerous air pillows and other cushioning materials.

RIPPED-OFF: To avoid replacing my computer, THEY BROKE IT to void the warranty. August 2019: They shipped my computer back to me with a little arrow pointing to a chip on the corner of the monitor -- that was not there when I shipped it. They enclosed a note saying: System has a cracked screen which is not covered under warranty. System being returned non-repaired. It was sent to them due to a failure to access the operating system. They returned it due to a "cracked" (chipped) monitor.

Original review: July 8, 2019

My new monitor Developed some… My new monitor Developed some horizontal lines. Called cust. care & complained. Still nobody attended. Very bad after sale service. The service contractor Fox Plus in Chennai is the worst. Never bothered to attend customer follow up with calls.

Original review: July 5, 2019

My new monitor Developed some horizontal lines. Called cust. care & complained. Still nobody attended. Very bad after sale service. The service contractor Fox Plus in Chennai is the worst. Never bothered to attend customer follow up calls also.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I bought brand new Acer Helios 300 gaming laptop from eBay in February 2019. I have had many problems since then. First I noticed occasional Blue Screen after waking from sleep mode, I thought it's a drivers or software problem. So I reinstalled Windows, updated all drivers and BIOS. But the problem still persisted. Additionally I found another problem with freezing mouse and keyboard if I connect them to my external monitor. I brought it to the service center here in the Philippines, they told me to wait few days to test it.

After I came back to their office once again and they told me they can't detect any problem, no Blue Screens, no hanging issue. The technician also recommended me to take a photo or record a video. I got my laptop back and after bringing it back to home and connecting it, I encountered the same issues within 1 hour of work. After few weeks of working with issues I discovered another issue with a buzzing speakers if I turn off the laptop and wait 2-3 hours. I brought it back to Service Center and they tested it again.

The technician texted me once again so I came there again and he told me that buzzing sound is normal and happens on other laptops as well. I have other Asus laptop and never encountered this issue. Then again he said they need time to test it. So here I am, completely disappointed, wasted a lot of money riding to their office and trying to prove that I'm right and laptop has a hardware issue. Will never in my life buy Acer product ever again and would recommend to all my friend and relatives to stay away from this crappy company.

Original review: June 7, 2019

After a couple months of purchasing the Nitro 5, my screen began to have image retention issues. I called an Acer rep and they helped me set everything up for the Repair Center. Unfortunately, the first time I sent it in they did not replace the screen but did replace the motherboard. This caused the Window BSOD to occur. Needless to say, I was dissatisfied. After calling the rep AGAIN, they did bump up my shipping to two-day shipping. They confused my ticket and caused another level of frustration. They managed to sort it out and a technician even contacted me, who assured me it would be fixed this time. I just got it back today, with both issues finally resolved.

-1 Star for worsening the issue initially.

-1 Star for poor customer service in regard to my ticket.

They can do good work, but keep an eye on them.

Acer Company Information