2.9/5 (1312 ratings)

About Acer

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Love my Acer laptop. So much better than any I have had before. Only thing I would like to see changed is you can't tell when the CAPS lock key is on. Otherwise it is the best laptop I have owned and have recommended it to others

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

This computer has been with me for many, many years. It has a lot of storage, RAM and good processing speed. I would buy another when it’s time for an upgrade because of its longevity and reliability. The first thing that went on it was the Ethernet Port. But I just switched over to the USB adapter and since it comes with 3, that was not a problem at all. I love the 15.6” multipoint touchscreen. It was my first and now I can’t imagine doing without it. I’ve never had to bring it in for a service, it is the most reliable computer I’ve ever owned.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Acer bought Gateway. I bought a refurbished Acer laptop and a refurbished Gateway desktop 3 yrs ago for their online store. Both are still going strong. I use the laptop about 15 days a month and the desktop every day for 12 to 20 hrs each day. No problems whatsoever. Will buy Acer/Gateway again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I have owned 3 Acer Chromebooks for 3+ years. I have never had any problem with them and they have been the most reliable Chromebook brand I have ever owned (I have previously owned others). For example, the hinges are extremely durable as is the other hardware.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

It is an awesome computer/laptop. But is too heavy and big, does not fit in normal bags where big laptops usually fit into. I need an affordable laptop that is light and a manageable size. Otherwise the computer is fast, reliable and super affordable.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Don't buy Acer laptop, or any other type of product. It won't work. In my experience I said I bought a laptop from Acer dealer. It's almost 1 week only the laptop is not working properly and laptop is not at all worth for the amount. And is the customer service is very worst and not even take care of that your issue. They simply said, "Please wait sir." This is the that all the agent tell same thing. Don't buy acer laptop. Better go with other brands. In my experience I am telling you, because the customer service is not responding and laptop is in worst condition. Better choose any other brand.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The laptop loading for websites is very fast. However, I am disappointed with Acer because my laptop motherboard spoiled after 1 year and my documents could not be retrieved. I will not recommend anyone to use this brand if they want to purchase a laptop.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Just a friendly public service announcement to never buy Acer products. Laptop screen stopped working after 6 months. Mailed in for repair and waited 3 weeks. They outright lied and said there was liquid damage when I've NEVER spilled a drop of water on it.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Don't buy this laptop, desktop or any other type of product. It won't work. In my experience I said I bought a laptop from Acer dealer. It's almost 1 week only the laptop is not working properly and laptop is not at all worth for the amount. And is the customer service is very worst and not even take care of that your issue. They simply said, "Please wait sir." This is the that all the agent tell same thing. Don't buy acer laptop. Better go with other brands. In my experience I am telling you, because the customer service is not responding and laptop is in worst condition. Again and again I am telling don't buy with this brand of laptop. Better choose any other brand.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Bought two Acer computers over the years and wasn't happy with the first one due to poor performance. Purchased the second because I got sucked in by the lower price. It's given me nothing but problems from the first week I got it. Slow, doesn't load some sites, screen not centered, other sites remain after deleting them, cursor freezes, just to name a few. Taken the computer in twice to have it repaired and comes back just as bad as when it went it. Although, that may say more about the computer repair guy at London Drugs in Nanaimo than the computer.

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

Acer Company Information