Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.12/5

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

This computer has been with me for many, many years. It has a lot of storage, RAM and good processing speed. I would buy another when it’s time for an upgrade because of its longevity and reliability. The first thing that went on it was the Ethernet Port. But I just switched over to the USB adapter and since it comes with 3, that was not a problem at all. I love the 15.6” multipoint touchscreen. It was my first and now I can’t imagine doing without it. I’ve never had to bring it in for a service, it is the most reliable computer I’ve ever owned.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My Acer Netbook has been a lifesaver. I’ve had it for over 10/ years and it hardly gave me any trouble. If I had a question I would email or call and get fast responses. It’s lightweight and very easy to take places. When I 1st got it I took it to Hawaii with me on the cruise ship. I had no issues with it and was able to hook up the Ethernet Cable to the ship right away. This was a definite plus for travel I’ve also used it on the plane it doesn’t take much space

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This Acer laptop has served me well for almost two years. I am not thrilled with Windows 10, and I miss Windows 7 and XP. I have very few problems with surfing the internet, mostly due to poor reception up here on the mountain. The biggest problem is finding out how to do things that I did quite easily with previous editions of Windows. For example, I found the control panel once by looking through every program in the list, but I couldn't find it again, so I had to do a search with search terms and then pin it to the whatever they call that big square next to the list of programs, so I could find it again.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I have owned a Acer for 2 or more years. My job requires me to move around a bit and usually my car is packed. I am always moving around my things as the fall and dragging from location to location. Basically I am very hard on my items extremely hard on my things. This laptop has remained intact and is always charged. It seems to prevail and take a good thrashing. Very happy I have never damaged it and it is still fast and solid. Happy to be a owner.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I recently got a gaming laptop for the COVID-19 Lockdown and so I can work from home. This system has great specs for the price. I paid $680 for a laptop that has the same specs that other brands charge $1100-$1500 for. I have played all the latest AAA games on this laptop at the highest settings and it runs perfectly. Another great feature is the upgrade options. There are 2 slots for SSD, 1 SATA and it maxes out at 32 gb of ram. Currently there is 1 SSD installed, you could have 2 2tb SDD and a 3tb SATA drive with 32 gb of RAM. Can you imagine that much space on a laptop?!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

This device is terrible. We purchased it for my child's schooling due to a pandemic. He closed it after school and the screen cracked. There is no Serial number ticket on the bottom like there is supposed to be. Can not get to support with the serial number. Unable to locate it within the device as the screen is cracked and it's a touch screen. The device is functional only with an external monitor. Absolutely would not buy again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Love my Acer laptop. So much better than any I have had before. Only thing I would like to see changed is you can't tell when the CAPS lock key is on. Otherwise it is the best laptop I have owned and have recommended it to others

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

If I could give it zero stars I would. I’ve had my laptop for not even a month and it’s not working. I’m trying to print and it takes forever to load. I hate this laptop. It doesn’t work that well. Nothing loads fast and the screen just goes black at random times. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I purchased an Acer laptop via Newegg and ended up having a problem with it. The charging port is loose and the laptop goes between charging/not charging. It's an easy fix but not something I have the tools to do myself. They refuse to repair it because they show the warranty ending 2 months before my purchase date. That might be when Newegg got it in stock to sell it but my order confirmation shows 2 months after that date. I even uploaded the order confirmation directly from Newegg showing my purchase date and they won't repair it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I own a Acer Aspire 3 notebook for almost 2 years now. I have nothing good to tell about it only very annoying things. First of all it is sluggish in every sense. Definitely the model cannot handle the Windows 10 system let alone process any Office tool if based in the internet. Office 365 for instance. About 6 months ago the Power switch burned out and since it is embedded in the motherboard I had to replace the keyboard so I could use it again. Shame on you Acer!

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team