2.9/5 (1318 ratings)

About Acer

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Love my Acer laptop. So much better than any I have had before. Only thing I would like to see changed is you can't tell when the CAPS lock key is on. Otherwise it is the best laptop I have owned and have recommended it to others

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

This computer has been with me for many, many years. It has a lot of storage, RAM and good processing speed. I would buy another when it’s time for an upgrade because of its longevity and reliability. The first thing that went on it was the Ethernet Port. But I just switched over to the USB adapter and since it comes with 3, that was not a problem at all. I love the 15.6” multipoint touchscreen. It was my first and now I can’t imagine doing without it. I’ve never had to bring it in for a service, it is the most reliable computer I’ve ever owned.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Acer bought Gateway. I bought a refurbished Acer laptop and a refurbished Gateway desktop 3 yrs ago for their online store. Both are still going strong. I use the laptop about 15 days a month and the desktop every day for 12 to 20 hrs each day. No problems whatsoever. Will buy Acer/Gateway again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I have owned 3 Acer Chromebooks for 3+ years. I have never had any problem with them and they have been the most reliable Chromebook brand I have ever owned (I have previously owned others). For example, the hinges are extremely durable as is the other hardware.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

It is an awesome computer/laptop. But is too heavy and big, does not fit in normal bags where big laptops usually fit into. I need an affordable laptop that is light and a manageable size. Otherwise the computer is fast, reliable and super affordable.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I bought a brand new computer, and the screen started blinking. I asked for it to be replaced, and Acer said they can't, because of company policy. I grudgingly followed Acer's rules, and sent the brand new computer into Acer for repair. I received the repair back, and the system started blinking a few days later. I asked for Acer to replace the computer, and they said their policy doesn't allow it. I'm pissed at this point, but follow Acer's policy, and send the computer back to Acer for service. Acer replaced the monitor on the computer, and sent it back to me. I actually thought it was fixed. However, a month into it, the screen started blinking again. I've reached my pissed off boiling point, and asked Acer to replace my computer. Acer said no, their policy doesn't allow it.

Folks, if you own a company, don't make stupid policies that lose customers! You will lose customers like a sieve, when you make and follow stupid policies. I bought a lemon from Acer, and Acer dragged me through the lemon issues at every hurdle, and officially lost my business FOREVER! If only they would have replaced my computer from the get-go. If you read this review, and don't believe it, then don't say you were not warned! Ask Acer what happens if you receive a brand new computer, that is faulty. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I had purchased TWO Acer Nitro 5 laptops in October 2020. One is working fine, but the other started giving me technical problems earlier this year. I had flagged this issue with Acer in August 2021 while it was still under warranty. They sent 3 engineers to resolve the issue, but they all failed to diagnose the problem. Finally, towards the end of the warranty period, they instructed me to deposit the laptop at their service centre. I did so with clear instructions that I need the laptop fixed on priority since, my son needs it for his online studies and that his board exams are only one month away. It has been 2 weeks now since I have deposited my laptop at the service centre, and there is no sign of any urgency on Acer's part to resolve the issue!

I have followed up with them several times over these past 2 weeks but to no avail. They just keep tossing me like a football from the Acer Service Centre, to the Acer Call Centre and to Acer Support. I have told all 3 of them very clearly that if they cannot FIX my laptop, then please give me a REPLACEMENT laptop. None of the 3 have the authority to take such a decision!! I am providing you a detailed complaint history with Acer for your reference so that you can get an idea of how PATHETIC Acer's service really is. Please do keep in mind that I purchased TWO laptops from Acer. This is the gratitude I receive in return from Acer!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Recently I bought Acer laptop and after 1.5 months mother board defective and they are doing very very slow work. 1 week complete and my laptop still not repair and customer service is also not good. Don't buy this laptop. They are not giving good product and service also.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Purchase an Acer laptop and while still under factory warranty the screen went black. I sent it back to them and they wanted to charge me more than what I paid for the laptop. Worst experience ever! Just lost over $600.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

We have recently purchased the Acer laptop. After some time its adapter giving us problem, we connected to their service team and for this part. They are asking for 3-4 days. Pathetic service. For this small part I have to wait and watch. My all work will hamper. After sale they don't care about their clients.

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

Acer Company Information