3.60/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Acer

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Acer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They fixed my broken laptop after the GPU failed. They replaced the motherboard completely. They even replaced some missing screws I had on the outer cover. They really did an amazing job. They They deserve nothing but 5 stars.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Well, after reading reviews online, I had my apprehensions. However, after speaking with the woman on the phone at Acer, and even telling her upfront that my son's warranty had been exceeded by 6 months (he got this in Christmas of 2017), she went through some steps with me and then said, "Okay, I'm going to send you a FedEx shipping label so you can send it in to be repaired, free of charge". Okay, here's what it was.

On the Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop. It looks sharp and performs somewhat decent for an entry level laptop. Thing is, it has some serious flaws in design build, two of which my son was experiencing. The first, was that the keyboard was literally, falling apart on certain keys; specifically, the WASD keys most used for gaming. I mean, I've been using computers since the late 70's and gaming just as long and have NEVER seen keys literally disintegrate (not just missing paint of worn down letters), these keys were literally disintegrated to being just thin, plastic covers barely covering the keys they are on.

The thing that got us to call Acer however was when it wouldn't power on, at all. We went through the steps in order to reset it (power down, pinhole bios reset, etc.) and nothing worked. That's when the tech said, "Can you send it in for repair?" Well, they did us right. Not only did they repair everything and ship it to and from Acer by FedEx, but, they replaced the entire top keyboard and face plate, as well as a brand new LCD and housing unit, and also an upgrade on the Webcam as well, all listed in the repair receipt. Checking a bit deeper, they even took the extra step to ensure it would all work by upgrading the bios to the latest edition which released only a week ago AND they didn't delete or wipe my son's computer (which I imaged the Nand Flash SSD before sending it in).

The only thing I had to install was the secondary 2TB drive and that was it. Power up and on in about 3-5 seconds.. THAT'S FAST! So, I am SUPER, SUPER pleased with Acer. They've brought back my customer satisfaction after this performance as I was a bit leery about them after reading the many terrible online reviews, as well as the shoddy quality control design on the keyboard. My son had just paid $15 for ONE KEY REPLACEMENT (the D key) and the W key was completely out of stock, everywhere. That said, I wouldn't recommend the Nitro 5 based on this design flaw, but would consider some of their other laptops and products.

Oh, and complete turnaround time was. Sent it in late on Monday, 17th, tracked and saw it get there by ground transport on Thursday, 20th then tracked it through repairs from Friday, 21st to Sunday, 23rd and shipped back on on Monday, 24th and only receiving it here at 2:30pm on Thursday, 27th. Writing this now at 5-5:30pm (all times above in EST). That's it. Good luck with your own experience. I'm only giving our own first hand.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 4, 2019

I would like to say in short excellent! I have a son with extreme nonverbal autism, he has no control at times over his behaviors-breakdowns-meltdown and strength, he has been through DEMOLISHED several cell phone, tablets, laptops and desktops! 3 years now and though it is literally hanging onto its monitor portion connected to the keyboard by a wire or two, it work PERFECT! THANK YOU ACER!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My Acer Chromebook wouldn't turn on. I called customer service. The representative talked me through several steps that didn't resolve the issue, so she instructed me (via an email) to mail it in and they will fix it and send it back to me. No other hassle or fuss. Great! I will recommend Acer based on customer service alone. Not every company stands behind its product. Well done, Acer!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

The issue that I have experienced was: Acer team. I have my laptop Nitro AN515-42. This buying after second day complaint for acer India after I will waiting for 3 day but not any reply in services center after have manually call back for customer care & acer another services my case transfer.. This time process time 7 days & my return policy is over after I will request I will not this laptop. Please refund me.. Acer India my State Gujarat manager:-Dhaval ** tell me you have buy another store. Not to be refund. I will agree ok. Pls resolved my problem. First time resolved my problem but first time 3 month to I am waiting after resolved.

Second time I will complain in 2 month but this time not reply and I have one day 30 call today but no ans any call & 3 mail but not ans & your India Gujarat branch manager DHAVAL ** no any value for customer. Dhaval ** saying ACER ADS IS OK. This laptop is no problem.. I will check in services center but this laptop is having problem. Acer company is very long time resolved my problem but not resolved my problem. I will already waiting for 2 month. I am no waiting for more. Pls pls pls kindly refund me & pls pls pls pls pls ans me. I am sad & bad experience for Acer India services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Very poor quality product and bad customer service too. Within an year of buying, it showed its true quality. It suddenly went dead. Guy from service center told that it is keyboard complaint and it will be replaced. I contacted the customer care several times to know why the replacement is not done. Every time I call, I got the same answer "keyboard is not available in the market". It is going to be a month, me keeping a dead laptop.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Honestly don't bother, especially if they offer you a promotion if you buy from them. I bought a laptop that cost nearly 2 grand, supposed to get a free laptop bag with it. Well, I have sent hundreds of emails, endless communication to get this bag, I have still not received it. Customer service with this company is the pits. They pass the buck. They don't want to know. They are rude. I am so unhappy with them and all I want is what is owed to me. I am looking into small claims court.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Reps are not in the USA. Do not speak barely any English. I purchased my Acer Computer at Office Depot in December and it stops allowing me to connect to the internet. Since it was under warranty, I returned the computer to Acer at my expense and they returned it to me with my MICROSOFT Office deleted and all of my files. EVERYTHING is gone for a simple fix they had to do with a hardware problem. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I ordered a brand new laptop from them for over $700 and it was defective. I sent it in for a repair and then they tried to scam me for another $400 to get it working. I declined the repair charge. Waste of money and time. Don't buy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Product broke twice in the first year. Don't waste your money on Acer Junk. I have laptops from other brands that is older than five years and still running. This one was repaired twice for not charging, and company won't replace.

Acer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

• Best for: With an extensive and diverse collection, Acer computers are best for families, businesses or anyone looking for the right machine to fit their needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs