3.7/5 (642 ratings)

About Acer

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

We got our laptop in October, when we open the laptop and start it up there is a black screen. You CANNOT see the monitor. We were finally able to see the monitor and use the computer, but once I put the computer to sleep and try to bring it back up, it is a black screen. The keyboard is lit up like it is on but you can't do anything because of the black screen. We sent it in to tech support twice and they say they fixed the issue but it is NOT fixed. THIS IS HORRIBLE customer service and tech support. NEVER ORDER an ACER computer, NEVER!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I strongly suggest all of you, don't buy Acer laptops. I bought Acer aspire 7 eleven months ago. Till now I have faced issue 3 times. First 2 times I faced issue in battery and then in November, I faced issue in camera. Their service is also very bad. DON'T BUY ACER LAPTOPS.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Acer computers PURE NIGHTMARE. First 2 laptops bought in undergrad; AspireOne & AspireS7 then the E5-521, A515-55 & desktop TC-1760. Only the 3rd one was good, cheap buy but problems make it expensive.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

They have the worst support on the market. They don't provide user manuals, they don't help with nearest service centre details. They keep asking you to contact another support team. They have no definite answers. The laptops are mediocre too. They take more than 5 mins to not after 5-7 years of minimal to moderate use.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I bought an Acer Spin 5 touch screen on November 8th of 2021. Today I opened it and the screen is dull and there are lines running through it. I called the company and they informed me that the warranty died yesterday. Isn't that convenient.... So I pay for them to fix it or I pay a computer technician to fix it. I saw on a forum that a guy had Acer fix it and in a week it started doing the same thing. Evidently these laptops are guaranteed to die the day after the warranty expires so that you have to keep paying them to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I purchased an Acer Chromebook Spin that was functional for only seventeen months. First, the computer began shutting down randomly and only turning back on after multiple attempts. Then, the operating system crashed, and I was unable to install a new one. I went through the entire recovery process multiple times, downloading it onto a flash drive. But when I was instructed to take out the zip drive, it failed. I got the same error message, “Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please remove all connected devices and start recovery.” I took it to the Geek Squad who wanted to charge $100 to do the same thing whether it worked or not.

I paid $529 for this Chromebook and expected significantly more out of it. It has been gently used. It is my personal computer–no children play with it, and I rarely take it out of the house. My son was just issued a Chromebook through his school that is expected to last 4 years until he gets another one. Through my research, I see that this is a consistent problem with the Acer Spin. Your website says that we are just outside the manufacturers’ warranty. However, I find it hard to believe that a $500 laptop should only live 17 months. Until it crashed, I really liked the Acer Chromebook. It is a great size, very simple and easy to use. I am extremely disappointed and will advise others against purchasing Acer in the future.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

in my opinion Acer is the worst service provider as compared with any other. I bought a laptop on 23rd September 2022 and not even it crossed a month my new laptop charger stopped working. If this issue occurs in a laptop which is 1 or 2 yr old then I can understand that there might be a chances, but my Laptop adapter stopped working on 15th October 2022. In my whole life I haven't received such a bad electronic product which do not even last for 1 month. and even very bad response from the service center. Till now I didn't get my charger.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I purchased a brand new Laptop from Acer 6 months ago. Acer provides its Laptops with Windows "OPERATING" Software. However, unlike years ago where the software accompanied your purchase, it now does not. Should your computer crash, you are required to be inconvenienced by packaging it up, paying to send it back and they will "repair" your computer and return it with an unknow period of time.

Today, I phoned to obtain my Microsoft Windows 10 product key so that I could simply download the software from the Microsoft site and reinstall everything myself. I was told, "NO, we do not do that." Since the computer I bought and paid for came with an operating system and cannot be used without it that should not have been a problem, but it was! They refused to provide me with it and placed me on hold for a very long time. I eventually hung up and phoned Microsoft. Microsoft has a procedure to take care of things like this and they were not too happy with Acer.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, Purchase, let anyone I know purchase a Acer product again. There is something sketchy about selling something to someone with Caveats attached to it. In addition, it's like a car manufacturer selling you a vehicle without a steering wheel and wanting you to obtain permission to drive it every time you get in it. I don't like being controlled and more importantly, I should NOT have to pay for being controlled.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

If you're looking for a laptop of any sort, skip over the Acer Aspire. I've had mine for 2 years and it's run like hot garbage since I bought it. Playing and game is a lag fiesta no matter what I do (turning off every other app I own in the background, uninstalling things, clearing space, etc.). Nothing works. Games are jittery, stutter, and my frame rate averages about 12 FPS, which in all honesty is pathetic. Using Windows 10/11 on this isn't a delight either. In all honesty, nothing about this laptop, in my experience, has been good. Happy I can put stickers on the lid but that's about it... Sucks. I'll have to get rid of em with I dump this glorified microwave. And I've seen someone game on a microwave. Runs better than this.

TL;DR: If you're buying an Acer Aspire for gaming. DON'T. Buy something else.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I bought an Aspire 5 thirteen months ago (now one month out of warranty). The right side laptop hinge stopped pivoting and the back and front case have separated from the screen- the hinge doesn't pivot so the plastic case has separated to allow the laptop to open. Acer will do nothing about this. I have noticed the newer laptops have a hinge that runs the length of the lid. I'm sure Acer knew of this issue and is not honoring any repairs. Other than that - the software works great....

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

Acer Company Information