Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

Acer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2020

Hello. This is a good website to get electronic and it's really good with and recommend this place to get your electronics. (This is all good and and I want the 70$ rebate back) - Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I recently got a gaming laptop for the COVID-19 Lockdown and so I can work from home. This system has great specs for the price. I paid $680 for a laptop that has the same specs that other brands charge $1100-$1500 for. I have played all the latest AAA games on this laptop at the highest settings and it runs perfectly. Another great feature is the upgrade options. There are 2 slots for SSD, 1 SATA and it maxes out at 32 gb of ram. Currently there is 1 SSD installed, you could have 2 2tb SDD and a 3tb SATA drive with 32 gb of RAM. Can you imagine that much space on a laptop?!

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They fixed my broken laptop after the GPU failed. They replaced the motherboard completely. They even replaced some missing screws I had on the outer cover. They really did an amazing job. They They deserve nothing but 5 stars.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Well, after reading reviews online, I had my apprehensions. However, after speaking with the woman on the phone at Acer, and even telling her upfront that my son's warranty had been exceeded by 6 months (he got this in Christmas of 2017), she went through some steps with me and then said, "Okay, I'm going to send you a FedEx shipping label so you can send it in to be repaired, free of charge". Okay, here's what it was.

On the Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop. It looks sharp and performs somewhat decent for an entry level laptop. Thing is, it has some serious flaws in design build, two of which my son was experiencing. The first, was that the keyboard was literally, falling apart on certain keys; specifically, the WASD keys most used for gaming. I mean, I've been using computers since the late 70's and gaming just as long and have NEVER seen keys literally disintegrate (not just missing paint of worn down letters), these keys were literally disintegrated to being just thin, plastic covers barely covering the keys they are on.

The thing that got us to call Acer however was when it wouldn't power on, at all. We went through the steps in order to reset it (power down, pinhole bios reset, etc.) and nothing worked. That's when the tech said, "Can you send it in for repair?" Well, they did us right. Not only did they repair everything and ship it to and from Acer by FedEx, but, they replaced the entire top keyboard and face plate, as well as a brand new LCD and housing unit, and also an upgrade on the Webcam as well, all listed in the repair receipt. Checking a bit deeper, they even took the extra step to ensure it would all work by upgrading the bios to the latest edition which released only a week ago AND they didn't delete or wipe my son's computer (which I imaged the Nand Flash SSD before sending it in).

The only thing I had to install was the secondary 2TB drive and that was it. Power up and on in about 3-5 seconds.. THAT'S FAST! So, I am SUPER, SUPER pleased with Acer. They've brought back my customer satisfaction after this performance as I was a bit leery about them after reading the many terrible online reviews, as well as the shoddy quality control design on the keyboard. My son had just paid $15 for ONE KEY REPLACEMENT (the D key) and the W key was completely out of stock, everywhere. That said, I wouldn't recommend the Nitro 5 based on this design flaw, but would consider some of their other laptops and products.

Oh, and complete turnaround time was. Sent it in late on Monday, 17th, tracked and saw it get there by ground transport on Thursday, 20th then tracked it through repairs from Friday, 21st to Sunday, 23rd and shipped back on on Monday, 24th and only receiving it here at 2:30pm on Thursday, 27th. Writing this now at 5-5:30pm (all times above in EST). That's it. Good luck with your own experience. I'm only giving our own first hand.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I bought Acer laptop in July 2019 in Dehradun and within 3 months it stopped working... keyboard was not working properly.... It was also getting hanged.. As I was living in Mumbai so I contacted dealer. He told me to contact customer and when I called customer care executive he told me to contact dealer...and it was going on just like that. When I went back to Dehradun I went to dealer and he temporarily fixed it. And after 15 days again it stopped working even it was not getting switched on and when I am asking for replacement they are saying company is not allowing this product to replace... It feels like I got it free of cost???? I'll never recommend anyone to buy any product of Acer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: April 15, 2020

I was given an Acer laptop as a gift and three months later the sound system started making a continuous noise like a car horn stuck on. I installed and reinstalled the sound system with no help. So, I contacted Acer on-line tech support, filled in their form, and waited about 15 minutes for a live person to arrive. I then spent another 15 minutes answering the same questions I already answered in the on-line form, except now it was with a live tech support person.... Tech support person, "are you in the US or Canada?". Me, "I answered this in the form you have in front of you already". It was taking 3 minutes to get replies for each question so I finally just typed in "US".

After another several minutes delay, there were more questions already answered in the online form. I got steamed and and asked for diagnostic questions to start. The tech person said I would need to do a factory reset, without any diagnostic questions being asked, and said save my data. I had spent the past 3 months installing software I needed, which would also be lost and need reinstalling so I asked in they were confident with would work and the answer was no. So, if you want a laptop that has a so so reputation for lasting and also offers no real tech support, get yourself an ACER! I'll be going back to Dell.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Would not buy another Acer, my packaging was missing a HDD cable that comes with the Nitro gaming pc for a second hard drive. Contacted support to provide me another one. They lied and said it did not come with one and I would need to buy one for $60 from Australian supplier. Checked with a mate that brought same laptop and he got the cable in the packaging. Contacted support again who said pretty much tough bickies. If they do this over a cable imagine what they would do on a major warranty claim!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I will never purchase another Acer product ever again. I spent $750 on my Acer Predator XB271HU 28" 144Hz monitor, and roughly two years later started having serious ghosting issues where bright pixels would stay on the monitor for 1-2 minutes. The monitor is under warranty yet Acer expects me to find a box, package it myself and ship it to them for a roughly two week turn around time, and if they can fix the monitor they will, and if they can't, they will reimburse me a "prorated amount". And if I ship the monitor back in the original box, I will not get that box back. This is a system that is set up to ensure failure and/or burden to the consumer by risking the loss of the product due to improper shipping (there's a reason the packaging in the original package is so secure) and forcing the customer to purchase another monitor during the repair period. This sort of absurd system belongs in the 90's.

On top of that, the "customer support experts" at corporate are insincere mindless idiots who don't care about anything and simply recite archaic company policy; it's like talking to people who work for the DMV. Oh, and they said the ghosting was normal. I can’t stress enough: stay away from this company, because the second a product goes bad, you’ll regret having to deal with their warranty system.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Purchased a Acer switch one10 tablet less then 2 years ago. Within the first year the motherboard was no good, could not turn on. Acer replaced it first time no charge. No another year later it won’t turn on again motherboard is fried again. This time no warranty for it so have to go out and buy another one. Can’t replace motherboard not worth it. Just really disappointed that within 2 years this tablet is no good and all my college work is gone. Not a good product to buy thinking acer is not the way to go now when I purchase a new one.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Bought a very expensive monitor and it broke within 5 months. Was told to send it back but not using original packaging, using a courier which they arrange, and which they dont pay for any additional insurance. I included a lot of padding and packaging but the monitor arrived at their end broken and they now want me to pay for all the repairs?!? To add insult to injury they even asked if I would be interested in looking at the prices for their refurbished monitors... I kid you not!! They recorded a video of it being un-boxed at their end, but it doesn't show the state of the monitor, and the technician even took the box out of shot and then appeared with the monitor, so you dont see it being removed from the box!!!

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team