Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

This computer has been with me for many, many years. It has a lot of storage, RAM and good processing speed. I would buy another when it’s time for an upgrade because of its longevity and reliability. The first thing that went on it was the Ethernet Port. But I just switched over to the USB adapter and since it comes with 3, that was not a problem at all. I love the 15.6” multipoint touchscreen. It was my first and now I can’t imagine doing without it. I’ve never had to bring it in for a service, it is the most reliable computer I’ve ever owned.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My Acer Netbook has been a lifesaver. I’ve had it for over 10/ years and it hardly gave me any trouble. If I had a question I would email or call and get fast responses. It’s lightweight and very easy to take places. When I 1st got it I took it to Hawaii with me on the cruise ship. I had no issues with it and was able to hook up the Ethernet Cable to the ship right away. This was a definite plus for travel I’ve also used it on the plane it doesn’t take much space

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This Acer laptop has served me well for almost two years. I am not thrilled with Windows 10, and I miss Windows 7 and XP. I have very few problems with surfing the internet, mostly due to poor reception up here on the mountain. The biggest problem is finding out how to do things that I did quite easily with previous editions of Windows. For example, I found the control panel once by looking through every program in the list, but I couldn't find it again, so I had to do a search with search terms and then pin it to the whatever they call that big square next to the list of programs, so I could find it again.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I have owned a Acer for 2 or more years. My job requires me to move around a bit and usually my car is packed. I am always moving around my things as the fall and dragging from location to location. Basically I am very hard on my items extremely hard on my things. This laptop has remained intact and is always charged. It seems to prevail and take a good thrashing. Very happy I have never damaged it and it is still fast and solid. Happy to be a owner.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I recently got a gaming laptop for the COVID-19 Lockdown and so I can work from home. This system has great specs for the price. I paid $680 for a laptop that has the same specs that other brands charge $1100-$1500 for. I have played all the latest AAA games on this laptop at the highest settings and it runs perfectly. Another great feature is the upgrade options. There are 2 slots for SSD, 1 SATA and it maxes out at 32 gb of ram. Currently there is 1 SSD installed, you could have 2 2tb SDD and a 3tb SATA drive with 32 gb of RAM. Can you imagine that much space on a laptop?!

Original review: March 26, 2021

There are series of issues in the laptop from the day of purchase. Laptop SNID - 91704992034, purchased on 03.03.2020. Laptop details: Acer Aspire 3 Core i5 8th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home) A315-53-59GR Laptop. Obsidian Black.

1. Keyboard not working - 15th July 2020.

2. Hard disk has error - 30th July 2020.

3. Display screen having dead pixels - 9th September 2020.

4. All fixtures/casing damaged/broken by the authorised service center.

5. Internal module fitting damage/broken on the motherboard of the laptop by the authorised service center.

The above mentioned issues show that the laptop was defective and also shows how inefficient the authorised service centers are to handle a brand new laptop. Request you all to avoid buying Acer laptop.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I sent this laptop back 3 times because it was flickering when I enabled hyper v and they couldn't fix the problem sending it back 3 time. Horrible. I will never buy another Acer computer laptop ever again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We bought two gaming laptops for our kids from Costco. JUNK. It was taking minutes just to turn them on. Not the cheap one, about 1000$ each. We returned them. Bought two others. Same story. My son kept it, later one broke down, and return it, after a big dance with Costco. My daughter refuse to keep it cause it was SLOWER than her old laptop. Go figure. We bought a new one in September. Little bit over 3 months stopped working. Costco won't take it back, I've been sent from the concierge to the insurance company, cause we bought extended warranty also, finally got a label from Acer and ship it to them.

Over 2 weeks of having them making fun of me. They sent me a picture that shows one of the fans on the laptop in pieces and they sent me a 600$ bill for a laptop that is 4 months old now, under factory warranty and extended warranty. No comments. Obviously last ever Acer that I buy. My daughter keeps on telling me that Costco laptops are junk. She is right. I bought a Lenovo. This is the 4th one that I had to go thru and is working fine cause the other 3 were defective. Costco look at me like I am some kind of a crook, and they wont take it back. If you shop at Costco, stick with ketchup and toothpaste. My tire guy told me years ago that Costco tires are made "special" for Costco, and they are junk. I didn't believe it but now looking at what they sell, makes total sense. Just another big box store looking for PROFITS at all costs.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

This device is terrible. We purchased it for my child's schooling due to a pandemic. He closed it after school and the screen cracked. There is no Serial number ticket on the bottom like there is supposed to be. Can not get to support with the serial number. Unable to locate it within the device as the screen is cracked and it's a touch screen. The device is functional only with an external monitor. Absolutely would not buy again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Love my Acer laptop. So much better than any I have had before. Only thing I would like to see changed is you can't tell when the CAPS lock key is on. Otherwise it is the best laptop I have owned and have recommended it to others

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team