3.8/5 (765 ratings)

About Acer

Acer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acer?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

If you're looking for a laptop of any sort, skip over the Acer Aspire. I've had mine for 2 years and it's run like hot garbage since I bought it. Playing and game is a lag fiesta no matter what I do (turning off every other app I own in the background, uninstalling things, clearing space, etc.). Nothing works. Games are jittery, stutter, and my frame rate averages about 12 FPS, which in all honesty is pathetic. Using Windows 10/11 on this isn't a delight either. In all honesty, nothing about this laptop, in my experience, has been good. Happy I can put stickers on the lid but that's about it... Sucks. I'll have to get rid of em with I dump this glorified microwave. And I've seen someone game on a microwave. Runs better than this.

TL;DR: If you're buying an Acer Aspire for gaming. DON'T. Buy something else.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I bought an Aspire 5 thirteen months ago (now one month out of warranty). The right side laptop hinge stopped pivoting and the back and front case have separated from the screen- the hinge doesn't pivot so the plastic case has separated to allow the laptop to open. Acer will do nothing about this. I have noticed the newer laptops have a hinge that runs the length of the lid. I'm sure Acer knew of this issue and is not honoring any repairs. Other than that - the software works great....

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300. It stopped working 1 year and 10 days after I received it. I contacted Acer and they were of No Help whatsoever! This computer cost $1700.00. What a waste of money! Spend your money on a better product with better support when you have a problem! Such a disappointment!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Few month ago I bought Acer laptop and Jeeves laptop protection of two year duration. I filed a complaint on 19th of June and it's been more than three days, they didn't assign any technician to resolve my laptop's issue. I have called more than 8 times and they are saying that, "Your request has been registered," again and again. I have a work from home job but they didn't listen. Now I am just calling and they are not providing any help.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I had an older Acer and it was a miserable experience. I was given another one. Aspire a515-55. It is another disaster. The battery life fades quickly. The touch pad quit working. The Acer people put in writing what great technical support they have. What a joke. There are plenty of suggestions from thousands of users that have had thousands of problems with the laptops. If you can not weed through the volumes of troubles to find yours specifically, you are out of luck. There is no way to get any help from Acer. Following their suggestions and downloading drivers does not work. So the touch pad still does not work and there is no way to contact Acer to get the problem resolved. Spend you money anywhere else.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Windows 10 + the Acer Aspire E17 laptop = the worst computer experience of my life. Having owned a couple Acer desktops in the past, I think I have confirmed I will never buy another Acer product again.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I have had my Chromebook for less than a year and it crashed on me, giving an error message that says "Chrome OS is missing or damaged". I sent the Chromebook in to have it fixed and after I got it back and used it for two days, the same error occurred. The Chromebook is unusable. I called Acer, this time to request a replacement, and they said that they cannot replace it but I can send it back to have it fixed again. This is a Chromebook that I rely on for school - I've had to take a semester off to get "fixed" - now to have the same problem again.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Bought the noted Acer laptop and was very happy. Seems to work fine but I noticed the hinge was always tight. Then I heard a crack. Still using the laptop but really don't want to close it as I expect it to completely ruin what's left. Sadly, it's not used daily but what a shock to see such poor craftsmanship. Now I need to take it to a repair shop to get fixed. Add $100 to $200 to the price since the hinge issue is an ongoing problem with Acer. Check reviews. I've used Lenovo and Dell laptops with never any mechanical issues. This hinge is a mess.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Wanted to upgrade my GPU from integrated to dedicated. A cheap Bios blocks that Acer's docs state they have different bios. Bios is not upgradable, hardwired into computer. This pc is just a glorified VCR.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I bought my laptop in 31st of December 2019. The warranty expired 2 years later, which is fine if the laptop wasn’t make to completely die in February for NO REASON. It was running just perfect. So for the first two years I was the number one to say that Acer was good! However, my laptop stopped working from one day to another. I was doing my uni assessment in the night, and in the following day, it wasn’t turning on anymore. I talked to the store I bought, I talked to acer, I left my laptop with a technician which was very kind. However, I couldn’t get my documents from the memory because it was dead. The motherboard was dead. Acer could repair, which would be the same price of a better and new one. No joke. So I strongly do not recommend acer products to anyone, since they have an expire date!!!! I am feeling very frustrated with acer.

Acer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1976, Acer is a communication and information technology company that has become one of the leading manufacturers of laptops, Chromebooks and PCs.

• Desktop options: Acer’s desktop computers contain the space-saving Aspire X, the customizable Aspire T, the Predator G gaming computer, the Aspire Z all-in-one computer and numerous other models.

• Chromebook options: Acer offers numerous Chromebook laptops as well as the Acer Chromebox, a desktop Chrome base that is compact and portable.

• Notebook options: Acer notebook options include the ultra-thin Swift line, the convertible Spin laptops, the Switch line that combines a tablet with a snap-on keyboard and the Predator gaming line.

• Tablet options: Acer’s Iconia tablet computers range from the basic Iconia Tab 8 model for casual use to the more entertainment-focused Iconia Tab 10.

• Revo Build: Acer’s Revo Build computer is a PC build from stackable modules. Each part, from its basic motherboard to its data storage hard drive can be stacked in any modular order through magnetic connectors, so consumers can customize the PCs they want with ease.

Acer Company Information