4.19/5

169 3D Systems Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

My printer works great every time and I have never had to have any repairs made in 5 years, except for ink cartridge replacement. The product is great and it did everything that I wanted it to and is very quick. It's a high-quality brand and I love the colors for the printer I could use instead of boring black and white. It performed quite well and pleased overall. It has an affordable price for the quality it gives me. And I can make quite a few copies that turn out very nice. It has saved me a lot of money. Customer service did help me with all the setup process, that was nice and saved me a lot of time that way. They were very courteous to me too.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The printer works fine and seems very very reliable. The price was pretty reasonable too for the quality and high-tech images you get. The product quality was absolutely amazing and clear. It really felt as though the images printed would jump off the page and come to life. I really really loved it!!! You will not be disappointed with this product. They also had a friendly and outstanding customer service. Their step by step instructions provided a very easy and smooth process. This was a very pleasant and a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about 3D Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Although well constructed, the printer was somewhat heavy and slightly noisy but the materials used are very durable. But I guess expected given product uses various mediums to make a 3D image. It is rather expensive even though the printer has amazing capabilities. There aren't a lot of perks past the printer itself. No 24 hour customer service or an extended warranty available. When the product was used, there was not 24 hr support so it was a terrible time to start a 3D project late night. However when the customer service center was contacted they were very helpful. Although I had a snag in the beginning, once the process is learned the printer works very efficiently and effortlessly. Very minimal guidance needed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Great help on setting up and when I needed help they walked me through it. The people was very friendly and talked to me about everyday life while waiting for long period times. The printing was flawless. There wasn't lines in it and it looked like it was something you bought out of the store. It really looked professional. The printer was priced very well and the components was cheap as well. I printed everything I needed to and didn't cost that much in materials. I had the printer for roughly 6 months and it never broke down. Most of the problems I had was me doing something wrong. It was really reliable and never let me down.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The product is easy to use and when you figure it out will absolutely love it. The pictures turned out wonderful. I make frames and put them in and everybody loves the picture. They enjoy it so I definitely would recommend this. I absolutely love the overall value. You will love it too. Their customer service was wonderful and they help me out as well. My overall experience is wonderful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3D Systems?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The support is very responsive to any information needed for the printer. I find it has came along way from the old traditional printers and the quality is much more fluid. The technology is wonderful. The overall quality of the printer is very unique in its ability to capture the full brightness and movement of the copy in which I am pleased.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The people that taught me were very patient and helpful, and I only did it a couple of days, but would enjoy getting to use it a lot. Was a good experience. This thing could be very important in the future of workplaces and colleges so that everyone could get the experience of learning to run one of these, especially in the line of making plans for buildings and homes. It stands out among anything I have ever seen. Plus it's enjoyable to work, and I think if I had a little more experience I could work wonders.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The customer support really helped me understand the process I had to go through in order to use the 3D printer. They helped me streamline the process, and they easily answered any questions I had. The precision of the machine went above meeting my needs. It never had any malfunctions and it was easy to use. My colleagues and I all were able to use it quite easily. The machine always followed my inputs in a very detailed manner. I never had to deal with incorrect details, and neither did my colleagues. The price wasn't as expensive as that of other 3D printers I have seen. For the high quality of the product, it was a pretty fair price.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Their customer support system was wonderful, I called in quite a number of times with different issues only to find that I was the one using the printer wrong and I never felt criticized about it too. Great quality. I would definitely recommend this product to lots and loads of people. I am very happy and I am getting what I have paid for. Absolutely no regrets. Great value indeed. I like to print pictures and I can definitely say that it has the best value and is money worth. I give the value a big thumbs up without a doubt. I have never been disappointed by my 3D printer at all. I always receive the best out of it and all the qualities of it are definitely on point so it is very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Buying the printer was a great experience and I was very satisfied with the process. This is a great product for printing in 3-d. It's so different and unique compared to printing on paper. I highly recommend this product to anyone savvy in tech. The price can be a tad expensive, but it is a newer tech. So you gotta give a little to get. I hope the price comes down a little in the future. So far I have had no issues with this thing breaking down or anything. It's always working when I need or want it to. It is very high quality.

3D Systems expert review by John Biehler

Headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, 3D Systems creates 3D printers and their parts and accessories. The company was the first to commercialize the Stereolithography printer in 1989.

• Outstanding fields: The company is used by companies that are leaders in some of the most outstanding fields, including aerospace, automotive and more.

• Innovators: 3D systems invented ColorJet Printing class of 3D printers, and they commercialized the system in 1994.

• Medical leaders: The company was the inventor and leader in the process of virtual surgical planning (VSP).

• Range of scan types: 3D Systems can create scans and prints from a range of scanner types, including freeform design, scan-based design, mechanical design and more.

• Full-service purchase process: The company guides customers through the complete purchase process, from consultation about what type of printer needed to the accessories needed to accompany the purchase.

• Best for: Biotechnology and medical academics and industrial manufacturers.

Profile picture of John Biehler
John Biehler 3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.

3D Systems Company Information