3D Systems

Compare 3D Printers

Research top 3D Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Nkosinomusa of Port Elizabeth on

Their customer support system was wonderful, I called in quite a number of times with different issues only to find that I was the one using the printer wrong and I never felt criticized about it too. Great quality. I would definitely recommend this product to lots and loads of people. I am very happy and I am getting what I have paid for. Absolutely no regrets. Great value indeed. I like to print pictures and I can definitely say that it has the best value and is money worth. I give the value a big thumbs up without a doubt. I have never been disappointed by my 3D printer at all. I always receive the best out of it and all the qualities of it are definitely on point so it is very reliable.

Carl of Oak Forest, IL on

Buying the printer was a great experience and I was very satisfied with the process. This is a great product for printing in 3-d. It's so different and unique compared to printing on paper. I highly recommend this product to anyone savvy in tech. The price can be a tad expensive, but it is a newer tech. So you gotta give a little to get. I hope the price comes down a little in the future. So far I have had no issues with this thing breaking down or anything. It's always working when I need or want it to. It is very high quality.

Claire of Athens, GA on

I had no customer service as I took the 3D print out in my university. The print out was not so great either. It could have been much better. The details were not seen clearly. The material and the print out were not so good. Details of the 3D print out did not stave out at all. It was as if they were merged to be one ball. There was nothing to talk or tell people about as the print out was not great. It wasn't even decent even to talk about. Plus no customer service. The product as a whole once it's printed in sturdiness is decent enough. The product is this reliable to survive for a long time. But the quality could have been better.

Crystal of Longview, WA on

3D Printer has a supportive customer support staff. Any question you have will be answered in a timely manner. The staff are kind and can be contacted in a variety of ways such as email, phone or live chat. They can even direct you through your buyer's guide to answer your questions. This 3D printer features file to finish speed. Part cost is reasonable. Accuracy is high even when creating different sizes and shapes. Nice print capacity. Color is outstanding. Considering all that is offered by the 3D printer it's a great value for any company or person who creates or has a need to visually show the product they are working on. Could pay for itself if you sell what you create. This 3D printer remains reliable and strong through our company use. Very few repairs have been needed and we use this machine a lot in my industry. Cost for repair is reasonable and cost can be found as a reference guide in the handbook that comes with the machine.

Angela of Deland, FL on

Customer support experience was fine. I was able to understand everything so clearly. They were very helpful. I asked them about the price and asked a couple of questions that I clearly got answered. We really recommend to anyone with children. Great for making and helping with school projects. The experience we had was so much fun. Our children had projects due and with the help of the 3D printer we made some cool things. Halloween costumes, we made decals stickers for anything cars, refrigerator decals, holiday cards, birthday cards. The overall value to me is so worth the money we paid for it. If you have children you really should invest in one. Our girls learned how to use it fast. They love it. The best gift ever. Very reliable. You won't be sorry. Let the 3D printer help you run. It's amazing the things that can be made with this machine. I'm not sorry at all that we got ours and when we did at a good time and great price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3D Systems?

Dqvid of Fargo, ND on

It's amazing, you can save a lot of money crafting things with a 3D printer, pays for itself in the end. I enjoy toymaking so using a 3D printer is very helpful in doing so. If you enjoy making things of your own accord then you must try any brand of 3D printer, you will be amazed at how amazing these machines are. Plus they are extremely incredibly fun to watch work. They are quite spendy at first but they pay for themselves in the end and are quite a nice item to have around. If you've got some money to invest in one you will make it back in no time. The quality of such said products as 3D printers are very high quality. I like making toys and they come out very nice.

Tammy of Houston, TX on

They were very helpful, thorough and polite. They told me step by step what to do to fix my problem. They walked me through it step by step. Excellent workers. I love this printer, it's awesome. I love the way it runs. It's really accurate, bold. Smooth running. I would highly recommend this printer to anyone and everyone! I love the cost, it's very well worth the price! I know I will never purchase anything else but this brand from now on. It's very reliable, it works excellent and if you ever have problems there's a warranty. I couldn't have picked a better printer.

Mark of Oxnard, CA on

It was a good experience, I've never seen anything like it. Customer support was great. Product itself was great. Quality was superb and I would recommend others to try it for themselves firsthand. I would rate it ten out of ten. Value is okay considering the technology you're using. It is fairly new and it is worth it for those looking to experience the latest technology. It's definitely not for everyone. It is very reliable from what I've experienced. I've asked the company about it and the impression I got left me worried free. Others should do some research themselves.

William of Matawan, NJ on

You can achieve very impressive things with this technology. We can give the world a great opportunity especially in the field of medicine with exoskeletons. The field of medicine and exoskeletons, place prosthesis of each part of the human being just using design tools and science to be used in a similar way to normal organ is impressive. The technology is expensive, but if you give Redito investment with applications that will be given to the resulting products, this is the future of humanity. The product is reliable, although still in early stages. Even more testing is needed to better compare it with other brands already used.

Madeline of Provo, UT on

I liked the product but each piece was printed and somewhat difficult to assemble. The product did not include instructions for assembly. Although I was able to figure it out on my own, customer service should have taken extra steps to ensure ease of use of the product. The printer created smooth pieces that was perfect for assembling props for costumes that I use for comic con. Easy to mass produce pieces for painting and assembly. The product was not too expensive for what I got, and I was happy with the pieces that were printed. I would definitely use this brand again and recommend it to others. I was satisfied with the product, but I have not used it enough to determine whether it will work reliably over a long period of time.

Pat of Benton, IL on

They are very nice and informative. They answer all questions that are asked of them in a cordial manner. When you are finished you can be sure the next time you can have an experience with less, if any, questions. Once you experience using these products it takes you to a whole new level. It's kind of a magical experience in that the finished product is very fancy. And all you want to do is do it again. The details are so much clearer than any old regular copy and it only makes you happy and want to experience more of the same. The quality is to die for. Everything is so clear. If something makes you happy and gives you a sense of delight and makes you want to experience it again then you can rely on it to be a reliable piece of work.

Gabe of Leesburg, GA on

Customer support was really nice and helpful. I had no problems but a friend of mine did and they had it easily resolved. I would most likely go back to this company and buy just for their customer support. The product experience was absolutely phenomenal. It is the best 3D printer I have used and tested. The value of the item was spot on. I would recommend this to anyone. All my friends and family. I would not pay any less or any more for it. Pricing was spot on. This product was very reliable to me and my team. Very strong and sturdy. I don't see it breaking anytime soon.

Kyle of Houston, TX on

The customer support I received has been fantastic. Very attentive and easy to contact at all times. I'd recommend this service to anyone that is interested in 3D printing. The product quality is fantastic. I've never used a 3D printer before this, but my entire experience was fantastic with this brand. I will continue to use it in the future. The value was really great compared to other companies. I investigated and compared prices with other brands, but this was by far the best value. The product was extremely reliable. I would recommend this product to anyone. I've had it for over a year, and it is still working as perfect as the day I got it.

Luke of Hilliard, OH on

The customer support experience was comforting and very helpful when you needed to have a question answered. They were quick in their response and helped you through whichever dilemma you were experiencing. This 3D printer was absolutely amazing and awesome in its work! It's crazy how technology has changed these days, but this printer is definitely one I'd recommend as it was worth the money and is of great quality. This printer is definitely held at a high value for me and my family as well. Super awesome and sweet. It's amazing to see your products come out looking at an inspiring 3D! The printer seems of good materials and quality. I thought that this printer was very reliable and will continue to be reliable for my family and I. It was awesome and I loved how easy it was to work the machine and to print out amazing 3D prints.

Mary of Houston, TX on

I love that I can count on their service support to any question and problem I might have. Their customer service is so amazing. The quality of the product is awesome. I have been with this product since 3 yrs ago and I have only had to call their customer service 2 times and my product continues to work great. The value of the product is great. For me the value is the amount you pay for the product you get. I got a great product for the price. The reliability of the product is great and I can recommend this product to anyone that is Looking to buy One but is still thinking about it.

Ashley of Lancaster, PA on

They helped me figure out what I needed to figure out, they seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. It was an overall good experience. Quality is quite well. I would recommend some time to try out if they ever had a chance. It is an interesting experience but just like anything else there is always room for improvement. The value was good, it's wonderful to see a 3D image compared to a 2D image. It's great to be able to actually visualize how something will look. It seemed quite reliable, I'm sure it would get the job done when it comes to quite a few different occupations. It could truly be a great thing in many businesses.

Winifred of Mattapan, MA on

They were very helpful in helping us figure out how to use it. Very patient and very extremely calm in helping us. Thanks very much to them, my godchildren had a very fun birthday! The quality of the items my godchildren made was extremely absolutely wonderful. They spent probably a good two hours just making stuff. I feel that the value was really good. If it can last with two five-year-olds, it is good in my opinion. Hours upon hours making stuff. Reliability is good as well. Just excellent.

Amanda of Boise, ID on

Great customer service and support! We did not have any problems with the customer service people. They were very friendly and helpful when we bought our printer! We have not had any problems with our printer. The quality of anything I print is amazing, and the color is so vibrant! It's like we are really in the picture! It is a great value! I am very happy with it! So far it has been very reliable!

Mike of Irvine, CA on

Customer support is very professional and helpful. They fixed the issues that I experienced promptly. They did not make me feel bad even when I asked a question that should have been easy to figure out. I had the product for a few years now. The product still works as though it was still brand new. Therefore I would definitely recommend it. It does everything that I wanted it to do. Quickly, professionally and without any issues. Therefore it is worth the cost and value. I am happy with my purchase. I have not had any major failures with the machine. I am happy to report that 5 years have gone by and it is still working like a champion.

Natosha of Tuckerton, NJ on

I felt the product did what it was expected to! It gave me a realistic 3D figure as I wanted it to print and in a quick amount of time. Extremely a high quality product, very well made and such a great design. I love the speed and results! I would not change anything of this product. I wish they came cheaper, but they don't and I understand it's pricey. So for the results and quality, this is an excellent product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested. Results are flawless and come out exactly as told to do when you start the machine up just like a real printer and gives you the 3D printing results you want to hold and see!

Branden of Canandaigua, NY on

This product helped me tremendously and I am very grateful for it. It is easy to use and very productive and reliable/dependable. I would recommend this to anyone looking to purchase or use a 3D printer. Highest quality product around. Perfect for the price of it and can't go wrong buying this product. This printer is of the highest value. The price I paid is definitely worth the product I got in return. Overall you cannot go wrong purchasing this product because the value was superb. Very reliable machine and never had any issues. Always worked when needed and produced all the things I wanted to produce. Took it in for a maintenance check up one time as needed.

Heather of Kokomo, IN on

They helped set up and gave tutorials. It's so easy and fun to use! It was much simpler than I expected. I'd be happy to recommend it to others. The quality is fabulous. It's holding together very well. And the quality of the finished product is amazing! People of any technological level will be able to use it. The quality, amount, and ease of use has made this a wonderful investment in our company. Customers are wowed by the finished product, and our employees are having a blast using it. The printer is very reliable. It's easy to use and almost always produces a perfect job. The customer service department is fabulous and are genuinely interested in answering our questions.

Chastity of New York, NY on

Customer service helped me out a lot and I really felt like I mattered by the service they had given me. My 3D printer was making flimsy lines and I called and they were super sweet and told me what to do. My 3D printer was printing very flimsy lines, which didn't look real at all. At the same time, when it did look real, it would simply just fall apart. The value of this product is not good at all. It creates flimsy lines along with falling apart. The price is not good compared to what the printer makes. I wouldn't recommend this printer to anyone. Customer service was nice, but couldn't refund me or exchange my printer. I bought a 3D printer for it to print 3D things. However, this is not what it did. It created flimsy lines and looked extremely unwell. It looked like a child's drawing instead of an elegant 3D print.

Erin of Kennesaw, GA on

Customer support was fantastic. Really helped me out work a few questions I had regarding the product. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Quality of this product is very high. The product works and does what it needs to do. It's awesome! You won't find no better value on the market. For this high quality product the value is great which is what caught my attention. Great product. It's a very reliable product. Works every week and does what I need it to do. I definitely recommend this product to anyone interested in a 3D printer.

Chris of Greenville, NC on

I was satisfied, I contacted the seller and they provided the information. The price was relatively reasonable and the printer worked fine. I only had the printer for a couple of years before I sold it. The reason I had it was so I could do art projects for my elective art classes. The product did what it was supposed to do and met my expectations. It took a little while though to get going but overall it was a high quality product. I didn't want the thing lying around in the house when I graduated so I sold it online.

It was reasonably priced and only cost me a few hundred bucks. I was surprised that it was priced that low so I was a little skeptical about buying it. But I took the bait and it was a good investment on my end. Hey, it got me my degree. I only used the printer every month or so. It wasn't used my until my senior year when I took 3D art. I relied on it for most of my projects. However, if you're going to be using it, don't wait for 10 minutes BEFORE class to print it out.

Jason of Reno, NV on

It is a great brand that I would recommend to any potential buyer. I purchased my 3d printer a few years ago and it still works like brand new. The product quality are top of the line and this is a must-buy for any potential customer. It will last long and has warranty so you can return it to the store. The value of the software was pretty reasonable compared to other products. I compared prices at different department stores and I found one at a very reasonable price. The reliability of this product I believe is second to none. Really, it is the best of the best in the market today.

Ricki of San Diego, CA on

I only needed customer service to help with set up, but they were very happy to help me get things going with the 3D scanner. Guided me through set up and stayed on the line to make sure I was good. I have had absolutely no problem with the 3D scanner and use it regularly. Quite often in fact. I feel that I have gotten my money's worth and will increase in my opinion the longer that I am able to use the 3D scanner. I really do feel this way. The 3D scanner has been totally and completely reliable so far. By that I mean there have been zero problems at all thus far. See no sign that this will change anytime soon.

Stephanie of Omaha, NE on

Used it in the digital library in Omaha and it was amazing. Any help I needed was available and was very easy or all to use. Was very user-friendly. Had so much fun exploring all the features and what could be created using it. Everyone involved loved it, highly recommend. It's available for people in Omaha through a digital library so the value is amazing. I get to use it at little to no cost which is amazing for the city have such a resource. I want everyone in Omaha to come visit and use the machine. Such an amazing experience and we all had so much to learning how to use it.

John of Prattville, AL on

The customer support was helpful to my needs. I had many questions, and the representative happily answered all of my questions. I would call back if I had any issues going forward. The product quality is very high. The product did everything I wanted it to do, and it did it with great quality. I would recommend this product based on quality. The value of this product was very good. The money spent to quality output of the product is very high. The value is one of the best for this type of product. The product has very good reliability. When using the product, it has been extremely reliable. I have had no issues with the product being unreliable.

Nate of Tacoma, WA on

They did an outstanding job. They were quick and to the point. I appreciate their work. Whatever I asked, they ensured that they were accurate with all their answers. I appreciate that they cared so much about how the consumer feels. I would call them back the next time because I know that I will be taken care of. They did a great job with this product. I expected the best and they gave it to me. I am very glad I purchased this product. It is a product that I trust and something that I am glad that I invested in. It is a newer system and I was wondering how it would go. I am very glad this product works the way it does.

Expert Review

John Biehler3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.    More about John→

Headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, 3D Systems creates 3D printers and their parts and accessories. The company was the first to commercialize the Stereolithography printer in 1989.

• Outstanding fields: The company is used by companies that are leaders in some of the most outstanding fields, including aerospace, automotive and more.
  • Innovators: 3D systems invented ColorJet Printing class of 3D printers, and they commercialized the system in 1994.
  • Medical leaders: The company was the inventor and leader in the process of virtual surgical planning (VSP).
  • Range of scan types: 3D Systems can create scans and prints from a range of scanner types, including freeform design, scan-based design, mechanical design and more.
  • Full-service purchase process: The company guides customers through the complete purchase process, from consultation about what type of printer needed to the accessories needed to accompany the purchase.
  • Best for Biotechnology and medical academics and industrial manufacturers.

Compare 3D Printers