4.19/5
Based on 169 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

3D Systems

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2017

169 3D Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

My printer works great every time and I have never had to have any repairs made in 5 years, except for ink cartridge replacement. The product is great and it did everything that I wanted it to and is very quick. It's a high-quality brand and I love the colors for the printer I could use instead of boring black and white. It performed quite well and pleased overall. It has an affordable price for the quality it gives me. And I can make quite a few copies that turn out very nice. It has saved me a lot of money. Customer service did help me with all the setup process, that was nice and saved me a lot of time that way. They were very courteous to me too.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The printer works fine and seems very very reliable. The price was pretty reasonable too for the quality and high-tech images you get. The product quality was absolutely amazing and clear. It really felt as though the images printed would jump off the page and come to life. I really really loved it!!! You will not be disappointed with this product. They also had a friendly and outstanding customer service. Their step by step instructions provided a very easy and smooth process. This was a very pleasant and a great experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Although well constructed, the printer was somewhat heavy and slightly noisy but the materials used are very durable. But I guess expected given product uses various mediums to make a 3D image. It is rather expensive even though the printer has amazing capabilities. There aren't a lot of perks past the printer itself. No 24 hour customer service or an extended warranty available. When the product was used, there was not 24 hr support so it was a terrible time to start a 3D project late night. However when the customer service center was contacted they were very helpful. Although I had a snag in the beginning, once the process is learned the printer works very efficiently and effortlessly. Very minimal guidance needed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Great help on setting up and when I needed help they walked me through it. The people was very friendly and talked to me about everyday life while waiting for long period times. The printing was flawless. There wasn't lines in it and it looked like it was something you bought out of the store. It really looked professional. The printer was priced very well and the components was cheap as well. I printed everything I needed to and didn't cost that much in materials. I had the printer for roughly 6 months and it never broke down. Most of the problems I had was me doing something wrong. It was really reliable and never let me down.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The product is easy to use and when you figure it out will absolutely love it. The pictures turned out wonderful. I make frames and put them in and everybody loves the picture. They enjoy it so I definitely would recommend this. I absolutely love the overall value. You will love it too. Their customer service was wonderful and they help me out as well. My overall experience is wonderful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3D Systems?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The support is very responsive to any information needed for the printer. I find it has came along way from the old traditional printers and the quality is much more fluid. The technology is wonderful. The overall quality of the printer is very unique in its ability to capture the full brightness and movement of the copy in which I am pleased.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The people that taught me were very patient and helpful, and I only did it a couple of days, but would enjoy getting to use it a lot. Was a good experience. This thing could be very important in the future of workplaces and colleges so that everyone could get the experience of learning to run one of these, especially in the line of making plans for buildings and homes. It stands out among anything I have ever seen. Plus it's enjoyable to work, and I think if I had a little more experience I could work wonders.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The customer support really helped me understand the process I had to go through in order to use the 3D printer. They helped me streamline the process, and they easily answered any questions I had. The precision of the machine went above meeting my needs. It never had any malfunctions and it was easy to use. My colleagues and I all were able to use it quite easily. The machine always followed my inputs in a very detailed manner. I never had to deal with incorrect details, and neither did my colleagues. The price wasn't as expensive as that of other 3D printers I have seen. For the high quality of the product, it was a pretty fair price.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Their customer support system was wonderful, I called in quite a number of times with different issues only to find that I was the one using the printer wrong and I never felt criticized about it too. Great quality. I would definitely recommend this product to lots and loads of people. I am very happy and I am getting what I have paid for. Absolutely no regrets. Great value indeed. I like to print pictures and I can definitely say that it has the best value and is money worth. I give the value a big thumbs up without a doubt. I have never been disappointed by my 3D printer at all. I always receive the best out of it and all the qualities of it are definitely on point so it is very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Buying the printer was a great experience and I was very satisfied with the process. This is a great product for printing in 3-d. It's so different and unique compared to printing on paper. I highly recommend this product to anyone savvy in tech. The price can be a tad expensive, but it is a newer tech. So you gotta give a little to get. I hope the price comes down a little in the future. So far I have had no issues with this thing breaking down or anything. It's always working when I need or want it to. It is very high quality.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I had no customer service as I took the 3D print out in my university. The print out was not so great either. It could have been much better. The details were not seen clearly. The material and the print out were not so good. Details of the 3D print out did not stave out at all. It was as if they were merged to be one ball. There was nothing to talk or tell people about as the print out was not great. It wasn't even decent even to talk about. Plus no customer service. The product as a whole once it's printed in sturdiness is decent enough. The product is this reliable to survive for a long time. But the quality could have been better.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

3D Printer has a supportive customer support staff. Any question you have will be answered in a timely manner. The staff are kind and can be contacted in a variety of ways such as email, phone or live chat. They can even direct you through your buyer's guide to answer your questions. This 3D printer features file to finish speed. Part cost is reasonable. Accuracy is high even when creating different sizes and shapes. Nice print capacity. Color is outstanding. Considering all that is offered by the 3D printer it's a great value for any company or person who creates or has a need to visually show the product they are working on. Could pay for itself if you sell what you create. This 3D printer remains reliable and strong through our company use. Very few repairs have been needed and we use this machine a lot in my industry. Cost for repair is reasonable and cost can be found as a reference guide in the handbook that comes with the machine.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Customer support experience was fine. I was able to understand everything so clearly. They were very helpful. I asked them about the price and asked a couple of questions that I clearly got answered. We really recommend to anyone with children. Great for making and helping with school projects. The experience we had was so much fun. Our children had projects due and with the help of the 3D printer we made some cool things. Halloween costumes, we made decals stickers for anything cars, refrigerator decals, holiday cards, birthday cards. The overall value to me is so worth the money we paid for it. If you have children you really should invest in one. Our girls learned how to use it fast. They love it. The best gift ever. Very reliable. You won't be sorry. Let the 3D printer help you run. It's amazing the things that can be made with this machine. I'm not sorry at all that we got ours and when we did at a good time and great price.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It's amazing, you can save a lot of money crafting things with a 3D printer, pays for itself in the end. I enjoy toymaking so using a 3D printer is very helpful in doing so. If you enjoy making things of your own accord then you must try any brand of 3D printer, you will be amazed at how amazing these machines are. Plus they are extremely incredibly fun to watch work. They are quite spendy at first but they pay for themselves in the end and are quite a nice item to have around. If you've got some money to invest in one you will make it back in no time. The quality of such said products as 3D printers are very high quality. I like making toys and they come out very nice.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

They were very helpful, thorough and polite. They told me step by step what to do to fix my problem. They walked me through it step by step. Excellent workers. I love this printer, it's awesome. I love the way it runs. It's really accurate, bold. Smooth running. I would highly recommend this printer to anyone and everyone! I love the cost, it's very well worth the price! I know I will never purchase anything else but this brand from now on. It's very reliable, it works excellent and if you ever have problems there's a warranty. I couldn't have picked a better printer.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

It was a good experience, I've never seen anything like it. Customer support was great. Product itself was great. Quality was superb and I would recommend others to try it for themselves firsthand. I would rate it ten out of ten. Value is okay considering the technology you're using. It is fairly new and it is worth it for those looking to experience the latest technology. It's definitely not for everyone. It is very reliable from what I've experienced. I've asked the company about it and the impression I got left me worried free. Others should do some research themselves.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

You can achieve very impressive things with this technology. We can give the world a great opportunity especially in the field of medicine with exoskeletons. The field of medicine and exoskeletons, place prosthesis of each part of the human being just using design tools and science to be used in a similar way to normal organ is impressive. The technology is expensive, but if you give Redito investment with applications that will be given to the resulting products, this is the future of humanity. The product is reliable, although still in early stages. Even more testing is needed to better compare it with other brands already used.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I liked the product but each piece was printed and somewhat difficult to assemble. The product did not include instructions for assembly. Although I was able to figure it out on my own, customer service should have taken extra steps to ensure ease of use of the product. The printer created smooth pieces that was perfect for assembling props for costumes that I use for comic con. Easy to mass produce pieces for painting and assembly. The product was not too expensive for what I got, and I was happy with the pieces that were printed. I would definitely use this brand again and recommend it to others. I was satisfied with the product, but I have not used it enough to determine whether it will work reliably over a long period of time.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

They are very nice and informative. They answer all questions that are asked of them in a cordial manner. When you are finished you can be sure the next time you can have an experience with less, if any, questions. Once you experience using these products it takes you to a whole new level. It's kind of a magical experience in that the finished product is very fancy. And all you want to do is do it again. The details are so much clearer than any old regular copy and it only makes you happy and want to experience more of the same. The quality is to die for. Everything is so clear. If something makes you happy and gives you a sense of delight and makes you want to experience it again then you can rely on it to be a reliable piece of work.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Customer support was really nice and helpful. I had no problems but a friend of mine did and they had it easily resolved. I would most likely go back to this company and buy just for their customer support. The product experience was absolutely phenomenal. It is the best 3D printer I have used and tested. The value of the item was spot on. I would recommend this to anyone. All my friends and family. I would not pay any less or any more for it. Pricing was spot on. This product was very reliable to me and my team. Very strong and sturdy. I don't see it breaking anytime soon.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

The customer support I received has been fantastic. Very attentive and easy to contact at all times. I'd recommend this service to anyone that is interested in 3D printing. The product quality is fantastic. I've never used a 3D printer before this, but my entire experience was fantastic with this brand. I will continue to use it in the future. The value was really great compared to other companies. I investigated and compared prices with other brands, but this was by far the best value. The product was extremely reliable. I would recommend this product to anyone. I've had it for over a year, and it is still working as perfect as the day I got it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

The customer support experience was comforting and very helpful when you needed to have a question answered. They were quick in their response and helped you through whichever dilemma you were experiencing. This 3D printer was absolutely amazing and awesome in its work! It's crazy how technology has changed these days, but this printer is definitely one I'd recommend as it was worth the money and is of great quality. This printer is definitely held at a high value for me and my family as well. Super awesome and sweet. It's amazing to see your products come out looking at an inspiring 3D! The printer seems of good materials and quality. I thought that this printer was very reliable and will continue to be reliable for my family and I. It was awesome and I loved how easy it was to work the machine and to print out amazing 3D prints.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I love that I can count on their service support to any question and problem I might have. Their customer service is so amazing. The quality of the product is awesome. I have been with this product since 3 yrs ago and I have only had to call their customer service 2 times and my product continues to work great. The value of the product is great. For me the value is the amount you pay for the product you get. I got a great product for the price. The reliability of the product is great and I can recommend this product to anyone that is Looking to buy One but is still thinking about it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

They helped me figure out what I needed to figure out, they seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. It was an overall good experience. Quality is quite well. I would recommend some time to try out if they ever had a chance. It is an interesting experience but just like anything else there is always room for improvement. The value was good, it's wonderful to see a 3D image compared to a 2D image. It's great to be able to actually visualize how something will look. It seemed quite reliable, I'm sure it would get the job done when it comes to quite a few different occupations. It could truly be a great thing in many businesses.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

They were very helpful in helping us figure out how to use it. Very patient and very extremely calm in helping us. Thanks very much to them, my godchildren had a very fun birthday! The quality of the items my godchildren made was extremely absolutely wonderful. They spent probably a good two hours just making stuff. I feel that the value was really good. If it can last with two five-year-olds, it is good in my opinion. Hours upon hours making stuff. Reliability is good as well. Just excellent.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Great customer service and support! We did not have any problems with the customer service people. They were very friendly and helpful when we bought our printer! We have not had any problems with our printer. The quality of anything I print is amazing, and the color is so vibrant! It's like we are really in the picture! It is a great value! I am very happy with it! So far it has been very reliable!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Customer support is very professional and helpful. They fixed the issues that I experienced promptly. They did not make me feel bad even when I asked a question that should have been easy to figure out. I had the product for a few years now. The product still works as though it was still brand new. Therefore I would definitely recommend it. It does everything that I wanted it to do. Quickly, professionally and without any issues. Therefore it is worth the cost and value. I am happy with my purchase. I have not had any major failures with the machine. I am happy to report that 5 years have gone by and it is still working like a champion.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I felt the product did what it was expected to! It gave me a realistic 3D figure as I wanted it to print and in a quick amount of time. Extremely a high quality product, very well made and such a great design. I love the speed and results! I would not change anything of this product. I wish they came cheaper, but they don't and I understand it's pricey. So for the results and quality, this is an excellent product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested. Results are flawless and come out exactly as told to do when you start the machine up just like a real printer and gives you the 3D printing results you want to hold and see!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

This product helped me tremendously and I am very grateful for it. It is easy to use and very productive and reliable/dependable. I would recommend this to anyone looking to purchase or use a 3D printer. Highest quality product around. Perfect for the price of it and can't go wrong buying this product. This printer is of the highest value. The price I paid is definitely worth the product I got in return. Overall you cannot go wrong purchasing this product because the value was superb. Very reliable machine and never had any issues. Always worked when needed and produced all the things I wanted to produce. Took it in for a maintenance check up one time as needed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

They helped set up and gave tutorials. It's so easy and fun to use! It was much simpler than I expected. I'd be happy to recommend it to others. The quality is fabulous. It's holding together very well. And the quality of the finished product is amazing! People of any technological level will be able to use it. The quality, amount, and ease of use has made this a wonderful investment in our company. Customers are wowed by the finished product, and our employees are having a blast using it. The printer is very reliable. It's easy to use and almost always produces a perfect job. The customer service department is fabulous and are genuinely interested in answering our questions.

3D Systems expert review by John Biehler

Headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, 3D Systems creates 3D printers and their parts and accessories. The company was the first to commercialize the Stereolithography printer in 1989.

• Outstanding fields: The company is used by companies that are leaders in some of the most outstanding fields, including aerospace, automotive and more.
    • Innovators: 3D systems invented ColorJet Printing class of 3D printers, and they commercialized the system in 1994.
    • Medical leaders: The company was the inventor and leader in the process of virtual surgical planning (VSP).
    • Range of scan types: 3D Systems can create scans and prints from a range of scanner types, including freeform design, scan-based design, mechanical design and more.
    • Full-service purchase process: The company guides customers through the complete purchase process, from consultation about what type of printer needed to the accessories needed to accompany the purchase.
    • Best for: Biotechnology and medical academics and industrial manufacturers.
    Profile picture of John Biehler
    John Biehler

3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.

3D Systems Company Information