3D Systems

Compare 3D Printers

Research top 3D Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The customer support I received has been fantastic. Very attentive and easy to contact at all times. I'd recommend this service to anyone that is interested in 3D printing. The product quality is fantastic. I've never used a 3D printer before this, but my entire experience was fantastic with this brand. I will continue to use it in the future. The value was really great compared to other companies. I investigated and compared prices with other brands, but this was by far the best value. The product was extremely reliable. I would recommend this product to anyone. I've had it for over a year, and it is still working as perfect as the day I got it.

The customer support experience was comforting and very helpful when you needed to have a question answered. They were quick in their response and helped you through whichever dilemma you were experiencing. This 3D printer was absolutely amazing and awesome in its work! It's crazy how technology has changed these days, but this printer is definitely one I'd recommend as it was worth the money and is of great quality. This printer is definitely held at a high value for me and my family as well. Super awesome and sweet. It's amazing to see your products come out looking at an inspiring 3D! The printer seems of good materials and quality. I thought that this printer was very reliable and will continue to be reliable for my family and I. It was awesome and I loved how easy it was to work the machine and to print out amazing 3D prints.

I love that I can count on their service support to any question and problem I might have. Their customer service is so amazing. The quality of the product is awesome. I have been with this product since 3 yrs ago and I have only had to call their customer service 2 times and my product continues to work great. The value of the product is great. For me the value is the amount you pay for the product you get. I got a great product for the price. The reliability of the product is great and I can recommend this product to anyone that is Looking to buy One but is still thinking about it.

They helped me figure out what I needed to figure out, they seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. It was an overall good experience. Quality is quite well. I would recommend some time to try out if they ever had a chance. It is an interesting experience but just like anything else there is always room for improvement. The value was good, it's wonderful to see a 3D image compared to a 2D image. It's great to be able to actually visualize how something will look. It seemed quite reliable, I'm sure it would get the job done when it comes to quite a few different occupations. It could truly be a great thing in many businesses.

They were very helpful in helping us figure out how to use it. Very patient and very extremely calm in helping us. Thanks very much to them, my godchildren had a very fun birthday! The quality of the items my godchildren made was extremely absolutely wonderful. They spent probably a good two hours just making stuff. I feel that the value was really good. If it can last with two five-year-olds, it is good in my opinion. Hours upon hours making stuff. Reliability is good as well. Just excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3D Systems?

Great customer service and support! We did not have any problems with the customer service people. They were very friendly and helpful when we bought our printer! We have not had any problems with our printer. The quality of anything I print is amazing, and the color is so vibrant! It's like we are really in the picture! It is a great value! I am very happy with it! So far it has been very reliable!

Customer support is very professional and helpful. They fixed the issues that I experienced promptly. They did not make me feel bad even when I asked a question that should have been easy to figure out. I had the product for a few years now. The product still works as though it was still brand new. Therefore I would definitely recommend it. It does everything that I wanted it to do. Quickly, professionally and without any issues. Therefore it is worth the cost and value. I am happy with my purchase. I have not had any major failures with the machine. I am happy to report that 5 years have gone by and it is still working like a champion.

I felt the product did what it was expected to! It gave me a realistic 3D figure as I wanted it to print and in a quick amount of time. Extremely a high quality product, very well made and such a great design. I love the speed and results! I would not change anything of this product. I wish they came cheaper, but they don't and I understand it's pricey. So for the results and quality, this is an excellent product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested. Results are flawless and come out exactly as told to do when you start the machine up just like a real printer and gives you the 3D printing results you want to hold and see!

This product helped me tremendously and I am very grateful for it. It is easy to use and very productive and reliable/dependable. I would recommend this to anyone looking to purchase or use a 3D printer. Highest quality product around. Perfect for the price of it and can't go wrong buying this product. This printer is of the highest value. The price I paid is definitely worth the product I got in return. Overall you cannot go wrong purchasing this product because the value was superb. Very reliable machine and never had any issues. Always worked when needed and produced all the things I wanted to produce. Took it in for a maintenance check up one time as needed.

They helped set up and gave tutorials. It's so easy and fun to use! It was much simpler than I expected. I'd be happy to recommend it to others. The quality is fabulous. It's holding together very well. And the quality of the finished product is amazing! People of any technological level will be able to use it. The quality, amount, and ease of use has made this a wonderful investment in our company. Customers are wowed by the finished product, and our employees are having a blast using it. The printer is very reliable. It's easy to use and almost always produces a perfect job. The customer service department is fabulous and are genuinely interested in answering our questions.

Customer service helped me out a lot and I really felt like I mattered by the service they had given me. My 3D printer was making flimsy lines and I called and they were super sweet and told me what to do. My 3D printer was printing very flimsy lines, which didn't look real at all. At the same time, when it did look real, it would simply just fall apart. The value of this product is not good at all. It creates flimsy lines along with falling apart. The price is not good compared to what the printer makes. I wouldn't recommend this printer to anyone. Customer service was nice, but couldn't refund me or exchange my printer. I bought a 3D printer for it to print 3D things. However, this is not what it did. It created flimsy lines and looked extremely unwell. It looked like a child's drawing instead of an elegant 3D print.

Customer support was fantastic. Really helped me out work a few questions I had regarding the product. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Quality of this product is very high. The product works and does what it needs to do. It's awesome! You won't find no better value on the market. For this high quality product the value is great which is what caught my attention. Great product. It's a very reliable product. Works every week and does what I need it to do. I definitely recommend this product to anyone interested in a 3D printer.

I was satisfied, I contacted the seller and they provided the information. The price was relatively reasonable and the printer worked fine. I only had the printer for a couple of years before I sold it. The reason I had it was so I could do art projects for my elective art classes. The product did what it was supposed to do and met my expectations. It took a little while though to get going but overall it was a high quality product. I didn't want the thing lying around in the house when I graduated so I sold it online.

It was reasonably priced and only cost me a few hundred bucks. I was surprised that it was priced that low so I was a little skeptical about buying it. But I took the bait and it was a good investment on my end. Hey, it got me my degree. I only used the printer every month or so. It wasn't used my until my senior year when I took 3D art. I relied on it for most of my projects. However, if you're going to be using it, don't wait for 10 minutes BEFORE class to print it out.

It is a great brand that I would recommend to any potential buyer. I purchased my 3d printer a few years ago and it still works like brand new. The product quality are top of the line and this is a must-buy for any potential customer. It will last long and has warranty so you can return it to the store. The value of the software was pretty reasonable compared to other products. I compared prices at different department stores and I found one at a very reasonable price. The reliability of this product I believe is second to none. Really, it is the best of the best in the market today.

I only needed customer service to help with set up, but they were very happy to help me get things going with the 3D scanner. Guided me through set up and stayed on the line to make sure I was good. I have had absolutely no problem with the 3D scanner and use it regularly. Quite often in fact. I feel that I have gotten my money's worth and will increase in my opinion the longer that I am able to use the 3D scanner. I really do feel this way. The 3D scanner has been totally and completely reliable so far. By that I mean there have been zero problems at all thus far. See no sign that this will change anytime soon.

Used it in the digital library in Omaha and it was amazing. Any help I needed was available and was very easy or all to use. Was very user-friendly. Had so much fun exploring all the features and what could be created using it. Everyone involved loved it, highly recommend. It's available for people in Omaha through a digital library so the value is amazing. I get to use it at little to no cost which is amazing for the city have such a resource. I want everyone in Omaha to come visit and use the machine. Such an amazing experience and we all had so much to learning how to use it.

The customer support was helpful to my needs. I had many questions, and the representative happily answered all of my questions. I would call back if I had any issues going forward. The product quality is very high. The product did everything I wanted it to do, and it did it with great quality. I would recommend this product based on quality. The value of this product was very good. The money spent to quality output of the product is very high. The value is one of the best for this type of product. The product has very good reliability. When using the product, it has been extremely reliable. I have had no issues with the product being unreliable.

They did an outstanding job. They were quick and to the point. I appreciate their work. Whatever I asked, they ensured that they were accurate with all their answers. I appreciate that they cared so much about how the consumer feels. I would call them back the next time because I know that I will be taken care of. They did a great job with this product. I expected the best and they gave it to me. I am very glad I purchased this product. It is a product that I trust and something that I am glad that I invested in. It is a newer system and I was wondering how it would go. I am very glad this product works the way it does.

They tell you everything you need to know and they are really happy just to help you, so don't be nervous when you ask for some help. They'll always help you. 3D Printing could cost a lot if you don't have the money, but if you have the cash and you really, really want a 3D Printer, you should get one of these. If you need a printer that will give you whatever you need from small to large one of these printers will give you up most quality and show that we need 3D.

I never had to contact customer service so I assume they would be good. I give them a good review because I never had to contact customer service and that's a good thing. The quality of this product is excellent. I would recommend this printer to anyone looking for a 3d printer and scanner on my phone. It was definitely worth the price of the printer. It works better than I thought it would. It works great. It has never broken down on me or anything so that's good to me.

I made a little house. It worked ok and was not all that difficult to use once you got the hang of it. It was fun to learn and easy to figure out. The quality was pretty good overall. No problems or issues with the printer working. It was easy to refill. It came well packed and didn't take too much time to figure out how to use and handle. The overall value was good. It was worth the money. I never really thought of buying tech like that but it was worth it in the end. I would recommend someone trying it if they are creative at all. It was reliable.. it didn't break on me or have any kind of issues in terms of operation. The refills and the printer itself was fine. No problems with chords or cables or anything like that.

The support is very great. They were very helpful with all questions and were very friendly. I like how it is easy to use this system and the quality is awesome. Overall I believe this is a great thing to use and everyone will be happy with using it and I think this is a best buy for anyone to get. The reliability is great. No problems with system and it is very nice to have no problems that is hard to find sometimes so use this system.

It was great. I got the help I needed with great service and friendly people quickly. I couldn't of asked for a better experience. I love my 3d printer. It worked great. It was fast and user friendly. You just put the stuff in, find a design and press the go button and kabam! Magic 3d printing. It was simple, easy and I had no problems. My cousin Frank really liked it because it was the push of two buttons and kabam! Made perfectly. It was super reliable. Never broke or anything. My kids had messed with it so many times and it just kept going. Super great. I loved it so much. OMG.

The customer support was excellent and they answer all my questions and also did an follow up email and phone call so I highly recommend this product. This is one of the best quality printers that I have ever used. Users will not be disappointed in buying the service and they will also help you upgrade to a higher maintenance printer on your next purchase. My printer has went beyond and out to meet my needs. Many people come to me asking what printer to get and I always tell them about this brand. Having a great printer is extremely important especially when you work in a office. This product is extremely reliable and it hasn't let me down yet. It also comes with a reasonable warranty in case something happens to it unfortunately.

The customer support is always been helpful to me. And it should be very prompt to any of my queries. And this one is very light and it can be helpful to others too. The product itself is durable and it looks like more comfortable to use. It also shows up this with the promptness of the usage of the product. It is valuable to the customer to have this kind of product. It appears that it is economical and practical to be use. More importantly it helps me a lot to gain more products from the company. It is trusted brand and it looks like durable to be use. It appears to be reliable in any sort of living. It contains more valuable features to the product.

Customer support is not always there for you when needed or too busy but that doesn't matter that much at all, all I could say that a experience in my life I never had bad customer support. Some products are great but quality is not everything at all and that is everything bad anyways, but it is also very much cool even though people complain. Quality isn't all that bad even if it's cheap. You'll be surprised.

Customer support was incredible, they were knowledgeable, willing to explain everything to me even though I knew nothing about 3d printers. The product that was explained to me seemed a bit complicated but once tech helped me and answered my questions, I felt more comfortable and confident. I thought that the 3d printer was a bit expensive when I first heard of them. But after learning more and more about them, I came to realize that it's an amazing value considering what you get. I'm still a novice when it comes to 3d printers, but from what I've encountered they are very reliable and withstand the test of time. I find by talking to people the 3d printers will last.

They are knowledgeable and friendly. It was a great help. They were easy to get a hold of and made the process extremely easy for me, and my fellow coworkers. We used this product in a work setting and it was vital to our job that we received the necessary support that they provided us. The quality far exceeded my expectations. Much better than some other products I have seen used in the market. It was not cheap and plastics looking. The value was great. Even though I have not purchased one for my personal use yet, I would purchase this product over others when the time comes. The product worked great. It was very reliable and did not disappoint me or my coworkers. I was overall satisfied. It could have been faster in my opinion.

They helped a lot, very supportive, talked you through if you had trouble. They were very nice and understood. Sometimes it was very hard to understand the person because they were foreign and do not speak clear English.

The quality was really good. Better than normal. It was very different than regular printers. The color was good. Used it for a project. I was satisfied with the overall quality that was printed. The project turned out nice. The color was very good quality. So I was satisfied with the printer. The pictures that was printed look realistic. Good color and better than normal printers' quality and good to print off pictures. I would recommend this printer to others.

The customer support is very helpful to the things that I don't understand. They always look for ways how to improve their service and satisfy the customers. I would recommend them to my family and friends. It's better than what I've expected. The quality of the photo are very clear. It makes me feel like a professional. It helps my business a lot. It is a good one to have. Very helpful on my business. I never had one like this and I would absolutely recommend them to my family and friends. This is very reliable. It never disappoint me, I had some issue before since I'm a first time user but I already have it figured out. The service is very helpful and accommodating.

Expert Review

John Biehler3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.    More about John→

Headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, 3D Systems creates 3D printers and their parts and accessories. The company was the first to commercialize the Stereolithography printer in 1989.

• Outstanding fields: The company is used by companies that are leaders in some of the most outstanding fields, including aerospace, automotive and more.
  • Innovators: 3D systems invented ColorJet Printing class of 3D printers, and they commercialized the system in 1994.
  • Medical leaders: The company was the inventor and leader in the process of virtual surgical planning (VSP).
  • Range of scan types: 3D Systems can create scans and prints from a range of scanner types, including freeform design, scan-based design, mechanical design and more.
  • Full-service purchase process: The company guides customers through the complete purchase process, from consultation about what type of printer needed to the accessories needed to accompany the purchase.
  • Best for Biotechnology and medical academics and industrial manufacturers.

Compare 3D Printers