Wirefly

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ordered two smart phone and mailed the rebates for $400. This occurred back in 2006 I believe. Never received the rebate. Contacted them few times with no success. They said they didn't receive the rebate. Could not resend berate because I sent the original bar code label in the first mail. What a scam.

Wirefly has numerous affiliations/other names such as CELLULAR PROTECTIONPLAN, CELLULARDEALS, etc. The company makes it almost impossible to contact or to trace back the source of billing on your credit card without placing a formal complaint. BE SURE TO CANCEL your insurance when you buy a new phone from a different source.

I tried to port my phone to Verizon. They could not port my number for free using the supplied sim card. The billing numbers from Wirefly forced Verizon to install a new sim card. The net result was I was double billed by Verizon, and they very nicely deleted the unusable account from Wirefly. This put me in default with Wirefly and I was billed $400.00 by Simplexity, their collection agency. This appears to be a pattern of deceit initiated by Simplexity to collect $400.00 for the phone that can't be ported properly. There are hundreds of complaints similar to mine online. They will get your money. They used the credit card you supplied for the purchase of the phone.

I purchased a new Droid RAZR HD from Wirefly for $50.00 less than Verizon charged. There is a 14-day trial period during which you may return the phone at no cost. Be aware that this period is actually 10 days as the FedEx return slip they send with the phone is ground and takes 3-4 days to get to Wirefly. Three weeks after purchasing the phone, it started to malfunction. The USB port was loosened so the charger would not always get a good connection and would sometimes not charge. Also, one of my car chargers would not even stay in the port; that's how loose it got.

I called Wirefly and they agreed to send me out a new phone and extend the trial period so that I could return mine. Remember, when you return a phone to them, you must do so within the trial period or they charge you $400.00. I packaged my phone with their return shipping label and R.A. number. FedEx informed me that with their shipping label, they could not guarantee delivery within the four day period I had.

I called Wirefly to try to get them to extend the trial period a couple of more days, but they would not. I had to pay $30.00 to upgrade the FedEx delivery to make sure Wirefly would receive it on time and not charge me $400.00. There went most of my $50.00 savings. Also, be aware of their insurance. It sounds good at first. You are guaranteed a new phone with no deductible, but they do not cover water damage which is a big problem with these phones. Verizon's insurance has a deductible, but it covers any damage including water. Verizon told me they would have shipped me a new phone immediately and there would have been no 4 day period on returning mine. In short, I should have just gone through Verizon for my new phone. Of course, had my phone not malfunctioned, this would have been a good deal. But Wirefly should stand behind a 3 week old phone and should have done everything to replace that phone at no cost to me.

I ordered a phone and Verizon service from Wirefly. The plan I selected was unlimited data and text with 240 minutes of voice. I threw away the box and return label, thinking that was getting what I signed up for, but when I received my 1st bill from Verizon, the plan was not what I had selected. I called Verizon and explained my issue. I was in the 14th day to cancel and went back to AT&T and ported my number back. No one could help me with the return label at Verizon or Wirefly. Then, I got a bill from Simplexity, their phone vendor, hitting me with a $400 bill for the phone. After a two hour back and forth, I got nowhere with neither of the three. A few weeks after I sent a letter to all three parties, I got a call from Simplexity to repeat my story. A month later, I noticed a $400 deduction out of my bank account. I called and once more got transferred from one person to another.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wirefly?

I had an upgrade available on one of my phone lines. I wanted to use the Buddy Upgrade feature to upgrade a different line. First of all, the 14-day return policy countdown started the day after the order was placed before the phone was delivered. Two days later, my old phone with the original upgrade stops working and I wonder why. I turns out Wirefly activated my phone line on the new phone automatically. That was not the phone that was supposed to get the upgrade. They specifically tell you not to deal directly with your cell phone provider directly but as soon as I called them to point out their mistake, they basically could not help and told me to call Verizon. I was ready to return the phone.

All I wanted is my old phone working again. They were able to deactivate the phone but can't undo their mistake? I dealt directly with Verizon to get my old phone working again and Verizon customer service was friendly and helpful. Wirefly called me again, very clueless as usual still failing to understand a thing. I am in the process of having the phone sent back to them and can only hope that I will not have any issues getting my upgrade back and no extra charges from Wirefly. Wirefly is nothing but a headache, not worth the discounted prices. They have outsourced customer service but the escalation department, although just as unhelpful, is based in the US. Don't deal with them! I hope they seize to exist sooner than later.

I ordered a phone and requested to stay on the same plan. Wirefly upgraded it and sent me a Smartphone. I did not want a Smartphone, just a simple phone with the messaging plan I have had for years. Now I am being charged for two plans from my Sprint, which almost tripled my bill. Wirefly is also charging me $50.00 for an original box after I returned the phone they sent me, even if I did not get the phone in the original box. What I thought was going to be a great bargain I could afford turned out to be $30.00 for a bounce fee from my bank, $120.00 to my Sprint account, and over charges on my other bills because of the bounce fee. I will never, ever deal with Wirefly again and I hope that somehow, someway, this can be stopped so others won't have to go through what I went through.

I bought a phone and the device protection plan off of Wirefly website. I paid $70 upfront for the whole year. My phone was stolen. The manager whom I was supposed to communicate with was ignoring me for 7 days, saying that I negligently lost it even though I have a police report and all the needed information. Then, he finally replied to me that theft is not covered by the agreement's terms and conditions. Dear people, if you buy the phone of Wirefly, make sure you insure it at your local provider, not by this "device protection plan"! They are scammers and the customer service sucks!

I was approved to return an upgraded phone after the 14 days, with Wirefly returned authorization number and shipping label by 6/5/2012. But FedEx said Wirefly would not get it until 6/7/2012. Wirefly said they would not accept it after the 5th. I have no control over FedEx. A representative quoted me the wrong authorization number. I received the email with the correct number after the fact. The number I was quoted was **. Another representative stated in your records that I said the phone did not work. I corrected the last representative, that I just could not use the new touch phones. I would like to know what is the consequence of this situation?

I ordered 3 phones on Wirefly. I have 3 issues that are unresolved even after sending an email and speaking with a supervisor. I signed up for unlimited texting but whatever they sent to Verizon said 1000 minutes. I was charged $127 in overage fees my first month. All three phones on the Wirefly site were listed as free activation but Verizon billed me $35 per line.

Verizon said I need to go through Wirefly. Wirefly first said they don't offer free activation, but another rep said they used to. Now they have a $35 prepaid visa card for each eligible line. Robert at Wirefly said he could see that when I signed up, they did have the free activation in place but that Verizon is responsible for that. He said Wirefly doesn't just offer things like that to get customers. So I asked who is offering or paying for the gift cards, they now give and he said Wirefly. This one cost me $105. I placed my order through Alvin using the chat window. I copy and pasted the conversation into an email and sent it to myself. Alvin clearly answered, "Yes, activation is free," on the chat.

I wanted a good phone for my daughter but didnt need a data package. Alvin directed me to the LG Enlighten. I bought it. I signed up for the data plan on the other two phones, but not hers. It turned out it does require a data plan, so what they sent to Verizon had her signed up for the corporate package at $45 per month, $15 more than the regular package. I was able to change that to a $30 package which I am locked in to for 2 year; $45 the first month, $30 for 23 months. In total, I am out over $900 due to Wirefly's errors. I got nowhere with 2 phone calls, an email, and another call to a supervisor. I still have the copy of my conversation with Alvin in the chat window.

I ordered a PC card or modem from Wirefly, a website that offers plans and phones for different cell phone services. I could return the product if I was not satisfied. After getting the product it came with instructions to download onto computer by using CD that was enclosed. My laptop did not have a CD drive. So I contacted Sprint tech support to find out what my options were as far as getting it set up on my laptop. I had to speak with several rude operators with nasty attitudes and was told that I could use my computer by going to sprint.com/downloads and set the new modem up. I had no connection in my house and no transportation at the time to get to a location to use public Wi-Fi to get this done. I finally got a Wi-Fi connection off my son's (who does not live with me) Cricket phone; the app would not download because it was not compatible with my computer. I ask around trying to decide what my other options were as far as getting the app downloaded. I tried downloading app onto an USB drive and connecting to my laptop that would not work.

I finally thought to have my son take it to the Sprint store and they were able to download app onto my laptop, but I was still unable to get a single inside my residence. I called tech support and spoke with a male operator that advised me that I had a weak tower signal. He made some adjustments and I had a signal for 15-20 minutes. The next day I was not able to get a signal anywhere in the house. I called Wirefly and they advised that I was within the 14-day trial period and that there was no problem sending the product back and that they would contact Sprint and let them know to not charge me for early termination. Within minutes I contacted Sprint myself and spoke with a female in account services and explained everything myself. The female verbally agreed to make notes to my account about this information. She also advised me that I had contacted Sprint within my 14-day time frame and it would be taken care of.

This week I received a bill with charges on it for the Wi-Fi service, activation fee, and $200 early termination fee charges totaled over $213. I called Sprint, went through several operators, put on hold for long periods of time and finally spoke with Julio in account services that advised me he would take all the charges off my bill after I gave him my info and had him contact Wirefly where he confirmed that the product had been successfully returned to them and even gave me a confirmation number. Then he advised me he would call me Friday to confirm everything. Friday I did not receive a call from Julio so I called Sprint and spoke with a rude, hateful operator that would not transfer me to account services. She was very argumentative and the situation got very heated and I had to hang up on her because she would not stop arguing. I called back later and spoke with a Dinisha **. She asked me to send her the e-mail sent to me by Wirefly confirming the successful return of the modem.

The e-mail was dated 1/16/12. Sprint is penalizing me because they did receive a message from Wirefly, but she is saying theirs is dated 1/19/12. I ordered the product online from Wirefly on 12/28/12 and Sprint is showing that is the day they activated the modem but I did not get this thing connected to my computer until after the 1st of January because of all the complication with the download process and rude incompetent operator and overall Sprint employees that lie to customers about documenting calls and information. Since then I have talked with a third account manager with account services and she is looking into the matter and is still basically telling me that I ma going to have to pay this bill. I refuse to pay this. I got absolutely no service from the modem and lousy customer service from Sprint. This is the worse form of customer service I have ever not received! So hating Sprint right now!

I ordered Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone (Verizon) from Wirefly on 31st Dec 2011. They never told me that they are going to activate it on 31st Dec 2011. And in fact, they were not even knowing that they will activate this 4G/LTE device the moment they put the SIM card in the phone and power it up. I received this phone on 5th Jan 2012 and then I need to get it activated as it was not working. In the meanwhile, during 31st Dec 2012 to 5th Jan 2012-my area code got changed from 609 to 732. 732 is the right area code and not 609. In fact, I have Verizon phone at home and the area code is 732 for that.

Unfortunately, it seems Verizon is charging me for those 5 days (prior to 5th Jan 2012) for the 609 number which I never used it as the phone never reached me before 5th Jan 2012. This is unfair and the charges should be removed from my account. Verizon in fact charged me for change of mobile number which Wirefly customer service never told me. I was told by Wirefly not to contact Verizon otherwise I will lose all my discounts from them and moreover I need to pay penalties also.

I have to spend close to 4 hours to do follow ups with Wirefly and then Verizon to get the mobile phone number fees being waived off. Is it reasonable to activate the phone on customer's behalf and should the customer be charged when the phone is being shipped to them? I saw clear lack of interest from Customer service from Wirefly during follow ups. The attitude was more like we have sold the phone-we are 3rd party and we can't do anything. It's frustrating and waste of time dealing with them. I bought the very first phone with them during 2005. Now I will never recommend them to anybody nor I will return back. Yes, they have discounts over Verizon store but lots of headache-in the long run-it's going to cost more.

Moreover, they activated my phone 5 days in advance before it can reach to me, so I couldn't get a chance to return this phone to Verizon as I should have done it in the very first 14 days. The first phone was faulty and then I need to get it exchanged also-wasted good amount of time. Galaxy nexus is a good phone-but it has two major issues; very bad battery life (doesn't last more than 4 hours) and signal is also an issue. If Wirefly won't have screwed me up, I could have returned this phone back to Verizon. Really very bad experience with Wirefly.

I have no idea why very first time when they sent the phone, they kept the SIM Card inside the phone and powered it off while second time they didn't put the SIM card inside. Problem with Verizon 4G/LTE phones is that they get activated. The moment you put the SIM card inside the phone and charge it up. Probably Wirefly doesn't know this or they wanted to see how this new phone works with my order.

I ordered a phone from Wirefly and paid a one hundred dollar deposit. My provider (T Mobile) contacted me 2 months later and said they did not get a deposit from Wirefly and would terminate my service if I did not pay them. After about 15 hours on the phone with Wirefly, they admitted that my deposit was not received and promised to refund me. I received no refund. 2 more hours later, I was bounced around to the same 3 phone numbers and then hung up on. Beware of Wirefly. They are a scam. I intend to take them to small claims court in my state. It is only one hundred but it is the principle. That hundred will cost them about five hundred, but more importantly, I will do anything legal to divert business from them.

This company is stealing from its customers. I was told that since I didn’t return the items on time, they had to keep my money and the items. She stated that I agreed to the terms and conditions. I have since checked and nowhere on the terms and conditions does it state that I would be robbed of my money and items if I didn't return within the time given.

I returned phone accessories that were purchased on Wirefly. I returned them a day late because the representative said I still had time. I never received my money, because it was suddenly after the date and my items were never returned! So, I was basically robbed from this company.

I ordered a Sprint phone through Wirefly and after placing the order with my credit card, they said I had to call their customer service number to finish the order. They then said that I had to verify my identity because I just moved. They asked me off the wall questions about past rental houses that I've had, questions that you wouldn't be able to answer. Then they denied me for a phone. This is after I have given all my personal info and credit card number. I don't know if anybody else had a bad experience like this, but the discount is not worth the headache and added charges to your account!

I purchased three phones from Wirefly in the past three months. For each phone, I requested that they add their protection plan. I recently realized that they were not charging me for monthly protection for the last Samsung Galaxy phone that I ordered. After spending a great deal of time on the phone, and being transferred back and forth, I was told that I cancelled the protection agreement. I told them that I did not. Finally, they agreed that it was cancelled by their system. They further told me that they would escalate the problem, and I would hear back.

One week later, I started the entire process over again. This time I requested to speak with the president of the company. I never made it that far, but I did reach a nice rep with number 4349. She said that they could not give me the monthly protection, since it was over thirty days. I asked why not, since it was their error. She said that she could possibly get me a yearly plan for $69.00. I asked her why I had to pay the yearly price, since it was clearly their issue and not mine. She said that was the best she could do, and suggested that I watch to see if the $69.00 charge shows on my card. I have no confidence that this will happen. I feel that I have been given the runaround, and I have been inconvenienced, because their system created the issue. Had I not requested for the president, I would not have been given this option. That is if it actually occurs.

My wife went to Sprint to see if we could get a service in my name. She gave Sprint my information. Sprint approved me for 3 phones with no deposit. My wife informed me and I told her we would look for some Sprint deals online. After searching online I found Wirefly. They offered the phones I was looking for. The phones were free with new activation and no activation fee. I ordered two phones with activation.

The following day, I received an email stating that I needed to confirm some information. So I called, waited on the phone for an hour. I hung up and called back and was connected with an agent in 5 minutes. After verifying my info, they asked me these security questions pertaining to my driver's license. What was my hair color, etc. I was holding my license in my hand and was answering here questions. When she was finished, I was told I wasn't verified and my order will be cancelled. I told the agent I had been approved by Sprint the day before and how could I not be verified. She wouldn't answer any of my questions, basically ignoring anything I had to say. I couldn't understand a lot of what she was saying because she had a thick middle east accent.

I wasted 2 days dealing with these people and still have no phones. Now, I have to wait 24 hours to make sure the order was canceled and call Sprint directly.

I ordered a new phone from www.wirefly.com, and part of the deal on the phone was to get a gift card with the purchase. I told the operator that the gift card wasn't in the box when I opened it. She told me that they would ship me the gift card. After two months and several emails and phone calls, all I am getting is the run-around. I have still no gift card and they won't tell me why not. They just say that my complaint has been filed. I would advise anyone thinking about a new phone to not buy from wirefly.com.

I can't talk to anyone about my problem. I am having a phone problem that can be handled by just talking to someone.

Wirefly is a joke! I purchased a phone through them, and when I got it, the phone wasn't activating and Sprint couldn't help me. So, I called and explained that I would be sending back the phone and canceling the order since it was only a $20 difference from what Sprint advertised the phone for. I explained that the only way I would take a return and keep the order is if they got a new one shipped out the next day. This company always says they'll call you back, but no one ever does.

I did call and get a manager there to waive the $400 deposit to ship me out a new phone overnight. However, at no point in time did he ever mention that I would be billed for the phone again. So, when I saw the charge on my account again I called in and complained. The rep. did tell me that they made a mistake and that they were going to put me in touch with a manager, then they transferred me into a system that continued to keep me on hold for over an hour.

While I was on the phone with the manager, he told me to make sure that I shipped everything back including the manuals, otherwise, I could be billed a fee. He especially said make sure I return the manuals since that was a $50 fee by itself. I put everything back in the box including the plastic, all to find out that they received the box, but that they didn't find the manuals. I told them I have pictures that I took of the contents I put back in the box which included the manuals and that if they didn't refund my money in full I would contact my credit card company.

This company doesn't give a ** about their customers. They mislead, lie and try to take advantage anywhere they can. The phone prices might be cheap, but so is their customer service. After spending a total of 8 hours on the phone with this company, I will never return again.

I ordered two phones from Wirefly. Both had great difficulty getting activated and after two days, only one was activated. Verizon advised that I send it back right away. I did that, and when I received confirmation that it was received, they informed me that I was being charged $50 for equipment that was returned in partially acceptable condition. They considered it partially acceptable just because the manual was missing. But I put the manual in the box. I asked for it to be rechecked and they said they would escalate my issue, conduct the recheck and then they would get back with me in 24 hours.

I asked them not to ship a replacement phone until this issue is resolved, because I did not want to deal with possibly getting another defective phone which I would ship back, then to be told something is missing. I was assured the replacement would not be shipped. The next day, not only did I not receive a response from Wirefly concerning the recheck but I also got an email saying that a replacement phone was shipped and would arrive tomorrow!

I was furious. After speaking with customer service again, I was told that the same steps the first representative told me would take place if I would wait another 24 hours. I explained why I did not want to do that again and I asked to speak with a manager. I was then put on hold for 20 minutes. The person came back to tell me that no manager was available so he would transfer me to corporate. After staying on hold for another 30 minutes I finally hung up. On a whim, I checked my bank account only to find out that I was already charged the $50. I researched Wirefly and found a blog with numerous complaints. In one, was the number for corporate. I called it and explained my situation. After a 5-minute hold, I was told that the charges would be reimbursed the very next morning and that I should see the refund in my account by late tomorrow afternoon. I was satisfied with the results. I advise people who have issues with this company to contact corporate yourself. The number is 1-866-852-3216. However if I check tomorrow and the money isn't refunded I will be editing this post.

I received an email about the great deals they had on cellphones, so I called them to place an order. They told me that if I had a problem with the phone, just call them and they would send out a new phone for the first thirty days. Well, the phone I received from them did not work. I called them as I was instructed for a new one. I was told that I had to send back the old one first and it had to go though an inspection first then they would send out a new one.

I complained about that process and asked why wasn't I informed about this process before I purchase this phone. I was told that they do not disclose this until it's the time for the customer to send back the phone. So I wanted to speak to someone high; they gave managers who said the same thing and if I want a phone faster, I could give them a $400.00 deposit. I said no and asked to speak with their corporate offices after being on the phone for 4 hours. I spoke with their corporate officer and they told me the same thing. But as a favor to me, they would waive the deposit once they get approval from a manager. I thought I was talking to the office the president who was to handle matters such as this, but no one ever called me back every time I had to call them back.

Beware! I purchased a new phone from Wirefly, however, it did not work properly. I returned it for a replacement. The phone was backordered for over two weeks. Finally, I received a new phone but found out that it was defective when I was able to get to an AT&T store 31 days after I received the phone. AT&T contacted Wirefly and told AT&T that they would honor the warranty since it was only one day. I had to contact them when I returned home to schedule exchange. I was speaking to a foreigner who could not speak English, but continued to say "yes Ms. **, I understand and apologize blah blah blah..." over and over. I gave her the account information, new line number and the cell phone I was calling about.

When I received the replacement, Wirefly sent me a completely different type of phone. They had threatened to charge me $250 if I did not return the defective phone so I called to make sure I was not going to be charged extra since they sent me a different replacement phone. When I called about receiving the wrong phone, although I was pleased with the replacement since both phones of the particular style were defective, they told me the warranty was out on my phone. They made a mistake by sending me this new style and threatened me to send back the phone I just received. They told me my warranty expired while the phone was on backorder.

So, I received a phone that didn't work, requested a replacement phone, was on backorder because of Wirefly and while I was not able to use a phone, my warranty expired. Therefore, when I finally received the replacement and it was defective per AT&T, Wirefly refused to do anything about it! Beware, beware, beware! This has been a nightmare trying to get Wirefly to honor their service.

For over a month, I've been trying to get satisfaction from Wirefly for 5 cell phones purchased from them. Although they have tried to be helpful, they consistently leave me on hold for an inordinate amount of time. The representatives don't seem to understand English very well, and they have made so many mistakes with my order. I recommend to anyone to not buy from them.

Ordered 2 evo phones 2 weeks ago and they still have not been activated or shipped. I received 3 calls from wirefly in the last week requesting the same information each time saying Sprint was verifying. I called wirerfly 3 times and received no help but a manager that said "Jesus Christ are you ok, after explaining my problems. He had no recommendations. I suggested that I call sprint and find out what the problem is. Well, Sprint said all they need is the ESN # on both phones and they will gladly activate.

They advertise shipping within 24 hours of activation so 4 days ago I received 2 phone calls, if there was still a problem why was there no communication letting me know. All I want is our 2 htg evo phones. The frustration and delays are not worth the savings.

I purchased an MDPA service agreement with my cell phone. The salesman said it was better than Verizon Wireless. You even get a new phone. My phone got damaged. I have to send it in for repair at my own expense. Verizon would have just replaced it. Let the buyer beware! Do not trust Wirefly salespeople. The Wirefly people will not remedy this situation.

There was a problem with my Droid Incredible phone that I purchased from Wirefly.com on September 23rd. The phone was working fine until yesterday. It froze and I had to repeatedly take out the battery.

I took the phone to my local Verizon wireless store were the sales associate was very helpful with me. She was about to replace the phone in the store when she realize that I bought the phone online through them. She told me that they were not one of their recommended sites which for completely floored because I spent close to $88 for the phone including shipping. I had all the software, charger, memory card that came with the phone but I throw out the original box that phone belong to. It indicated on the packing slip that a undisclosed fee would be charged if the original item were not returned.

I had gotten rid of the original box because I did not believe that my phone would stop working or that it would be defective after less than a month. I have brought other electronic items before, and they never malfunction after several days of usage. The customer service representative told me that I would have to pay a fee of $50 because the box was missing. When I went into the Verizon store, they did not ask me for the original box of my phone so I think it was totally ridiculous that they would not give leave way in this situation.

They collected payment and personal information to process cell phone order. Then the order stayed in processing mode after they tell you it's confirmed. After that they just tell you to check the website wheresmyorder.com and it tells you to call them. They tell you to go to the website and it redirects you back to the other in a vicious cycle!

I received a call that I had been selected to receive a free Blackberry phone from Wirefly company. I was asked to call 18003007066 to select the type of phone I liked.I did. At the end of the transaction, I was charged $49.99 for extra accessories and shipping costs only and I paid with card. But after some days, they called me to say the order was denied by T Mobile because my present line was not due for an update at this time. They also sent me an E-mail dated Monday Sept. 20, 2010 that the order item Cancelled: Wirefly.com. Order up till now they have not refunded me my money $49.99.

Wirefly Company Profile