3.8/5 (347 ratings)

About Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

My phone was stolen and the number was changed while I was sleeping and I called Family Mobile to tell them my problem and I was put on hold for over an hour and eventually I was hung up on..I'm very upset I gave them the Sim number and they told me yeah the number was changed and asked me the last numbers I called which I did and they said they didn't match their records.. IDK how it didn't match their records..

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Had no issues till I changed my phone number. Ever since then, my phone number is not considered valid anywhere. The worst consequence of this is that I can't receive one-time pins, so now that everyone wants me to verify that it's me (because of my new number), their pins can't get through, so I can't do my banking, for example, which is all online. I can't transfer funds, which means payments will bounce and cost me money! Worst customer service/tech support on the planet. They're all in the Philippines - don't speak English, don't understand it either. It's absolute torture dealing with them, and they're lazy liars as well. It's been a week now since I changed my number, and still, after many hours wasted on the phone with them, they have not fixed it. T-Mobile is too cheap to hire people who SPEAK ENGLISH! Instead, they choose to torture their customers with these incompetent but cheaper employees! Shame on you, T-Mobile!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I have been carrying my grandson’s phone service for over 2 years. His dad is now going to take over with a different carrier. We have tried for 3 months to get his phone unlocked to switch carriers. We found out TODAY they reassigned his number to another customer. Family Mobile apparently has not synchronized their policy among depts because after being disconnected NUMEROUS times, more than 15 calls and being told since he didn’t have his NEW PHONE 12 months we would have to pay $300 to get it unlocked, someone who identified as a supervisor said, since SERVICE was more than 12 mths they would unlock it free.

He transferred us to The Unlock Dept. We told her the SAME responses and scenarios we told the last 6 people, her conclusion...they could/would NOT do it. When asked to speak to ANOTHER manager, she put us on hold. After 5 minutes, we were AGAIN disconnected. This is by far the WORST customer service I have experienced. Incohesive, and definitely not pro-customer.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I've had Family Mobile for 10 years. Over the last several years the service has eroded drastically. Takes forever to speak to an 'associate'. On top of that it's hard to speak to someone who does not speak English very well. Even with 'unlimited' my data upload would slow down after a week or so and my internet reception would dwindle as time went on as well. Use to be what I thought was a good company. May have sold out to another, not sure. Transferred to TMobile. Took forever to transfer my number. Found out they wanted to charge me $54 to UNLOCK the phone I purchased from them! Absolutely WOULD NOT recommend family mobile to anyone.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I tried lowering my plans twice through the web portal. The first time I noticed billing didn't change, so I did it again. The following statement showed no change in plan. Therefore, I call customer service. They told me it didn't change because I was enrolled in auto-pay. No credits are offered, so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Wow, I have had so many problems with this service, it's slow, half the time it won't load. So I have had this service for about 6 years and I go to pay this month and Walmart Family Mobile tells me I can pay the month with my reward points. I say sure, and do it. Then next day, I can't text, no phone calls. I go to my account and it says not due again till 8/6 so I'm like wtf? Then I get a message that I need to pay. I'm like which is it dudes? So, after 2 or 3 hours of incompetent back and forth, I called **, that was yesterday, the SIM is already here. Dump Walmart's service, it sucks.

Original review: April 30, 2021

My cell phone number was allowed to be stolen by Walmart Family Mobile. They allowed an unknown person to Port my cell number to another company without my permission. It was said that the person did not even answer the security questions to make this happen. I have been without cell service for almost two weeks now. Walmart Family Mobile customer service people are based in India and they are not good at speaking and understanding English. They have been unable to fix this issue in a two week period. Every time we call them, they have no record of the previous calls and you start from the beginning trying to explain to a person who barely speaks English. I recommend you go to anyone other than Walmart Family Mobile. If they can allow someone to steal your phone number, what personal information do they also allow scammers to obtain?

Original review: April 26, 2021

When you buy a sim card at Walmart the Sim card is not refundable no matter the problem you encounter. Bad sim card. You can't activate the sim card or you can't transfer your number. You would not get a refund or replacement sim card. Your money is just a loss.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Dishonest & limited. I've been a customer of Walmart Family Mobile and I always get the 50$ truly unlimited until they shut my data off because I went over 100gs of data, no warning just shut it off. They're liars.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Choose any other company! My phone broke after 90 days and they won’t honor the warranty. I purchased a replacement and they won’t even let me transfer to another carrier. Each rep just reads the same script and none are empowered to do their job. Very poorly run company without good cell service.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information