2.07/5

41 VTech Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2018

VTech is incredible in all they make or do. It's topnotch stuff in baby equipment. Always developing and innovating what they do and how they do it, make good stuff that works great. I had a baby monitor for my nephew when he stayed with me and it's always nice so that if he ever cried you could be there to hear him and tend to his needs, nice equipment to have.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Baby monitor was okay and I bought it because it was the lowest priced at the time. It was easy to set up, and just the right size so we could easily place it inside the room. All in all, I would buy one with more features, such as a remote, to turn it on and off when we weren't using it, because of hacking.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The baby monitor seem to last. Kids drop and throw stuff from time to time and you don't want small parts to come off real easy that they can eat and VTech make their stuff so this don't happen and I really like that. They do well but don't seem to get sound from some areas in a room that you may want to. Say I have a bin on one side of the room and the bed on the other side. If it's not moved and pointed to where I want to be able to hear stuff it don't work too well and then you have to move it and move it and what if you forget. They are good to have and work as they say but most the time I hate having to move them just to hear something in the same room or use more than one or two in the same room. After a while it becomes a little much.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I like that the baby monitor has the talkback feature. I also really like that it has good night vision on the screen so baby is easy to see at night. The speaker also works well so it is easy to hear when baby wakes up during the night. But the monitor needs a longer range. Not being able to get the monitor far from the camera before it phased out was a big negative. Also wish the battery lasted longer as the battery only last about an hour or 2 before needed to be plugged back in. Also have a pan and zoom feature on the camera would have been a big plus. The monitor screen is pretty small and can be difficult to see good detail in the kid’s room. Other than that, we have had a good experience with this monitor. When we go to buy another in the future I hope they still make a model similar to the one we have purchased in the past. Being able to add cameras to the monitor for multiple kids room was something we liked.

Original review: March 1, 2018

The baby monitor worked fine as far as I remember. I bought it probably because it was the least expensive model at the store or it was the only model available. We never had any problems and actually didn't use it for very long, maybe the first few months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VTech?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Purchased a VTech toy on Amazon - I thought it was Target. Once I received the product I tried to put batteries in to play with the bear with my daughter. Well it didn’t work. Per my husband an electrical engineer if the battery terminal was installed incorrectly, he stated he could fix it. I said, "No it’s fine. I’ll contact the company. They should fix it". Ha who was I kidding. They not only didn’t help me but because I purchased it from Target and misplaced the receipt they didn’t want to talk to me. Poooor customer service. I’m sorry. So your company manufactured a toy incorrectly and I suffer.

Here I did some research and I purchased it on Amazon. Thank god. So I sent the proof. They asked which product would I like to put the amount toward. The one I originally purchased for my daughter is no longer in stock and nothing else compared. Well I by this point have had a enough, I will never purchase another VTech product. After dealing with many companies I have found, This company has the customer worst customer service. I will never purchase their products again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had a clicking sound on my home phone. Drove me and my friends crazy... sounded like a disconnect… but was not. I called VTech support… He wanted me to do things with the phone that I did not understand. He could not complete the reset because it was not possible to use the jack in another room as the phones are now receiving service via a modem and disconnecting the base from the wall would not let my phone function. They do not have door to door service... that would have been helpful. Then he said I could pack up the phones and ship them and they would replace them. That meant I would not have a phone for over a week!! How does that help me! Stupid!!

The only good thing I have to say about VTech is that the agent was very patient and very calm, even though I was yelling and often was swearing out of my frustration. So... nice agent, bad service and useless company!! Maybe I need to find an American phone system not one from China. Hey, Mr. Dumb Trump, you said you admired the leader of China for taking advantage of America… to build up his country... you idiot!!

Original review: July 21, 2017

My son's new Vtech touch and learn word book has never worked properly. I finally got around to contacting customer service thinking I had a one year warranty but they only offer a three month warranty on almost all their toys and wouldn't issue a replacement.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I bought this Sit to stand ultimate alphabet train as a xmas gift for my grandbaby. He was too young at xmas to play with it but can now. Once he started playing with it we decided the train did not play the correct letter to match what was on the block. Because I bought this 4 months ago, even though we just started using it, the company refuses to replace their defective product. It was not a cheap toy and could be a great learning toy if it was not defective.

Original review: June 19, 2016

My daughter loves her Vtech Fly and Learn Globe. I honestly can say, it's a very good learning musical toy for toddlers. It's a bit expensive, but kids will enjoy playing with it. It gives my daughter an idea of the world she lives in (though in a very tiny nutshell... ha ha). My daughter likes the sounds that the animals from different continents/countries make. She likes mimicking the hyena, giraffe and the elephants. (Ahhh... I can imagine her doing it again. Ha ha.) She likes the narrations plus the music distinguishing the countries that are featured in the globe. In fact, she calls the globe "North America" (She says, "Mommy, where's North America?" and then sings the musical for North Am.) because she likes the musical associated with North America.

She absolutely loves playing with it until the steering thingy (as shown in pictures) broke. (I wish they can find a better way to make this thing sturdier, however, this kind of toy might be obsolete sometime in the future.) My daughter's toy globe is 3 years old, same as her, and it has served its purpose... Though it's still working, we just need to be very careful with the navigation. My daughter still plays with it from time to time.

VTech Company Information