Vonage

Vonage Reviews

About Vonage

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Vonage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 98%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Reviewed May 31, 2024

My SMS has been down 2 weeks. Attempted to get help repeatedly after filling out all the forms and paying the fee. Utterly useless. I need a HUMAN contact. The online presence is USELESS. I need somebody to walk me through the process. Contact me at ** AT ONCE.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

The worst possible customer support. They really do not know what they are talking about, can’t even speak English. Keep saying a supervisor will contact but no one actually calls back. I am losing clients because of their lack of knowledge and professionalism. With no warning they have stopped my SMS and can not resolve the issue. Would be transferring to different company.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Vonage is the worse company I have had the misfortune to deal with. After cancellation of service after a few days, they have attempted several times to charge my credit card with a monthly bill for service that had been cancelled. When I contacted them, I was told that it doesn’t show on their end and to call my bank which I did. I disputed the charge after I was put on hold at Vonage then by my bank for hours. Only to have the same situation repeat itself the following month. I finally decided to cancel my credit card so that Vonage would stop those attempts. Stay away from Vonage.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I have been a customer for Vonage for 2 years. On May/2024 they decided, out of the blue, to block all my outgoing SMS. They had asked their customers to register which I did on Sept/2022 and was approved. Still they deactivated my number and after 3 days of frustrating chat conversations and call, they have not re-activated my numbers. The customer service is pathetic. They do not offer phone support, only through a chat which one has to wait sometimes over an hour to get an agent. Agents respond with pre-determined responses so in reality unless you can convince them of getting you a tech support agent, they are completely useless. Worse experience ever!!

Reviewed May 22, 2024

The worst possible customer service experience. No phone support and half the time the online chat doesn't work. I fear to think about the pain it is going to be to switch. The phone line shows no service, but every time try to contact support, the online chat is not working and they provide no in person support for business.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Vonage is a pain to set up, I live outside United States and just need an American number and mms. Vonage business is the only way I've been able to do this, but they think I'm a spammer and have made it hard to set up, plus you have to have a website. It just sucks. But I have no other choice and signed a 1 year contract.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I sign up with Vonage 3 months ago. Few days into, I requested a cancelation, via phone, email, chat. This scammers continue to attempt to charge my credit card. I have send several emails to their support department, they do not respond. This are Scammers. Do not sign up. They will try to continue to charge and refuse to close account. They should be shut down for Fraud.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Beware of this company!!! Not a good idea to use VONAGE, if you need a company like this I would highly recommend you try Ring Central. Vonage is not what they make themselves out to be. Very disappointed with this company. I have lost tons of business because the system just does not work.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Vonage dropped UAE from its list of international countries included in its call list. They did not inform customers about it and Charged me $20 for 1 call to UAE. Thieves! Customer service (in India) lied about UAE not allowing VOIP calls and so Vonage HAD TO DROP UAE. I made a VOIP call to UAE. It went through and Vonage charged me $20 for it. Liars! And then they offered to take $10 off the $20 charge. Are your customers beggars? I am going to disconnect this useless service from this unethical company. Another $100M FTC fine is what they deserve.

Reviewed March 6, 2024

Never purchase Vonage mobile services through business. I have spent over seven months trying to get credit for turning-in phones. They added Business protection at $16 a line without permission. When I noticed they only agreed to back date cancelation for one month. Still waiting for credit that they say is coming after at least 6 hour long phone calls over previous months. Service also stinks in Florida and PA. One bar no 5 G.

Vonage author review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information