Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About Vonage

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Vonage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Our experience hasn't been the same as most here, but I think a lot of what I've read are issues that stem from miscommunication. I really like that Vonage reaches out to those customers to help them resolve their issues right here...good customer service! We have had some issues transitioning from our legacy analog system, to Vonage VOIP, mostly because of differences caused by the two countries' telephone standards and policies. There were a few hiccups in account management, but nothing that wasn't able to be negotiated, and resolved.

But, I have to say, Vonage's business customer service reps, and technical staff, have rocked. They are courteous and friendly, efficient, and they call back and follow up when they say they will. When big problems cropped up, the account managers got engineers on conference calls with us to troubleshoot. When we have little problems, the CS reps are easily reachable, and are able to troubleshoot most every issue we've had. Don't get me wrong, VOIP may be a technology that's been around for a decade, but it still falls into the 'Wild West' category of technology. There are still plenty of features, and setups that vary from carrier to carrier. But, we've found that Vonage's service just can't be beat, for value and features, and customer service. And, when we find something that we think could be better, they readily accept your improvement request, and add it to their list :). I recommend them!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Signed up three days ago. Their menus are awful. I couldn't get it to work. Tried using this for business, but it was way too complex and expensive for a small business. Had no idea I was signing a contract - what a mistake. Now they want $400+ early termination fee. Stay clear of these guys.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My mother has been moved to a nursing home. We only wanted to cancel her service due to she no longer needs or resides at service address. Representative Travis who lied and stated he was a Manager and did not want to disconnect service. He needs to be fired. Please replay the call for service number **.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I have been using Vonage line to call local for 4 years, and the package was changed suddenly. They have been taking fees monthly from my debit account despite the fact that I ALREADY ASKED THEM TO DISCONNECT THE LINE and cancel the changed package. Yet THEY KEEP withdrawing from my debit account. There is no respect for the customers who trusted them for a long period, I am extremely dissatisfied with the service and DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Starting a small business I approached Vonage for their VOIP services. It took long pestering in the first place to get a quote, as there was some special provision that they had to account for in my quote. After a frustrating week, I got a quote, which was competitive and Vonage being a reputed brand, I decided to go with them. Though out of concerns asked the sales rep, if this experience with the quote is going to continue and he sweared it would it be great. Now I am regretting the decision, it is a month since I ordered the service and the phones have not arrived and today I am told they do not ship to Canada. I get this response after numerous follow ups. The sales representative **, would not even respond my email not return calls, perhaps this is the VONAGE training. If there was a -ve star rating I would gone with that as they do not deserve even 1 star rating.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I've been a client with Vonage for 12 month. My company went out of business and I called to cancel the service. I was advised because I did not call 30 days before my 1 year anniversary to cancel - I would need to pay for the additional 11 months on the auto-renewal contract. This gem was hidden in the terms document - my fault for not reading the terms document more closely. You are defaulted to auto renewal contract when signing unless you tell Vonage you do not want that option. Highly unethical business practices.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

You can't talk to a person. You have to use their terrible chat interface that hides the message until you type more. It is a total waste of my time with chat. My problem I'm trying to solve needs voice conversation and Vonage refuses to talk to their customers. I was transferred to a 2nd agent and now the line is dropped. This is demeaning. I just want to have my phone system set up correctly.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have been Vonage customer as it was easy in set up. But when it comes to cancellation account they will make you suffer a horrendous trail of events. BEWARE of their stupid offers at the time of cancellation which will keep you in loop with them. They will charge a bloody hefty fees at the time of cancellation.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I was a customer with Vonage for well over 12 years. 2008 to be exact. It turned out that I needed to start using a cell phone for my business phone so I had my Vonage phone number ported to a cell and I called them to close my account at the end of my billing cycle. My thinking was to make sure I had a smooth transition and not interrupt my business calls. 10 minutes later Vonage shut off my phone and somehow blocked my porting of my phone number so now if a client calls they get a message that the phone was disconnected and no new number.

I called my cell provider and they tried many different fixes that didn't work and told me I had to contact Vonage. So I called Vonage and they refused to help me explaining I am no longer a customer and unless I wanted to get a new line they won't help me. I asked why they disconnected my phone since I had 2 more paid weeks of service and they told me they cancel as soon as I discontinue my account and I would not be given any further service or a refund of the time left on my account. Vonage has no respect for long term customers and they could care less about a small business. They become thugs.

Original review: July 6, 2021

So overall very happy with the Vonage system technically. However, in the 1st month, to get a feature functioning correctly, they suggested adding a feature to the account. Business Inbox. The feature was unable to be added due to a tach glitch with the system. Several attempts and the same thing over and over. Then I get billed for each attempt, currently 6. It has happened 3 months in a row now. I have to spend hours in chat, we promises that it will be fixed and it is not. It takes multiple chat sessions to get any action. It takes Forever to get a refund. We tried to add the feature mid April 2021, here it is in July and no resolution in sight.

I ask for someone to call me. No call. Amazing that a company that specializes in phone communication is totally unavailable to be reached by phone to resolve a problem. I keep hearing the problem has been escalated. It's been escalated so many times it should be on the roof by now. Very frustrating. Come on guys, you are losing business, look at all of the negative comments on this site. Is this how you want to treat your customers in this day and age?

Original review: May 18, 2021

Updated on 05/29/2021: Wrote complaint on May 18. 2021 about my account being compromised and before I could switch payment information in my portal. My service was cancelled. Vonage responded on 5/19, how sorry they were on this forum but NEVER FOLLOWED UP. I WANT TO RETURN THIS PHONE AND RETURN TO AT&T.

Original Review: My bank account was compromised and I had to open a new bank account; before I could update my portal with new account information on the 5th of May; Vonage had closed out my account. I had contacted a representative regarding electronic check payment but was told that was not accepted. They cancelled my account early cancellation fee, phone charge and informed me I can re-sign with them again in 30days with a new number. Vonage can take this phone back and deduct all those charges.

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Michelle. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Vonage author review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information