Consumer Reviews

Vonage

JL. We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I have been a Vonage customer since November 2014 and I have to say that it has always been great service and the team has always been very helpful. I used to have (until it was stolen) a USB drive that I could connect to my computer and make calls wherever I was. They value the fact that I have been a customer for such a long time. I think many service providers (e.g. AT&T) could learn a lot from this great company. Keep the good work!

Vonage

Eric! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Service has never been interrupted! Love the extensions app for my smartphone. I can make and take calls using my home line. I have a 2 line box even though I only have one line. A few months ago the line died. It was actually the port on my device. Customer service was able to quickly troubleshoot and switch my line to port 2. This is the only issue I have had in almost 10 years!!

Vonage

Thank you, Theodore! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Service has been reliable and dependable.

Vonage

Great feedback Stephen! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service, and please keep spreading the good word about Vonage!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Well I don't know what I did before Vonage, that is just how good you are! Easy to use and works excellent! It is by far a better quality service than Cox cable. I would definitely, and I have, recommend Vonage to a friend.

Vonage

We're thrilled that you've had a good experience with Vonage. Thank you so much for your positive review!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The product has been all you said it was. Delivery of the phone was PROMPT!! Instruction for installing was EASY TO UNDERSTAND. About 3 months afterwards, I had to use your telephone help to rewire the connects. I'm 78 years old, the man was helpful, the system was up and running. So, I would say my time with Vonage has been a 10!!!

Not all people complain when talking to me, but too many have said they hear a clicking, like pressing of buttons, while I talk to them and my hand held (not a typical cell phone) is NOT near my chin, nor fingers - even happens when I have it on speaker phone. Is that the PHONE problem or Vonage delivery problem?

Vonage

Michael, awesome feedback! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I was very pleased with the service I received. Your rep was pleasant and corrected my issue with great efficiency. This particular problem was bothersome and he was so helpful in making sure it was resolved. I would recommend Vonage to others. Thank you!

Vonage

Original review: July 2, 2017

Outstanding service and no word to describe the excellent quality of the APP Extension, let me simply say Great Work! Keep it up. In addition when one calls Customer service you feel appreciated as a customer and the ease to answer a question is fabulous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Vonage

Thanks for the kind words Betty, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear how much you enjoying our long distance calling and easy to use call features! Don't forget to take advantage of our Vonage Extensions App for long distance calling from your smart phone!

Original review: June 30, 2017

I'm very pleased with our Vonage service so far. It's so affordable and love that it includes unlimited long distance at no extra charge. I love all the calling features too, especially the anonymous and selective call block so we don't get so many soliciting calls.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The phone line goes dead. This is the second time. Unfortunately we're not home until July 9th to address the concern. I don't know how to make the repair so I'll have to pay CenturyLink to make the repair and charge me $85.00 service call plus the cost of the repair.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We keep getting someone fax ring on our phone and all it does is beep and beep. Very annoying. This happens Much too often. Another problem is our electric power flickers often when there is thunderstorms. This flicker causes the Motion and the phone to go out and I have to reset everything again and again. Overall satisfied with the service. I have to give you a 5 or less.

Vonage

Thank you, ! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are always working to improve our service by offering additional countries at competitive lower rates. Unfortunately Kenya is not included in your current rate plan (Vonage World), but you can stay up to date with any news by checking our website or logging onto your Vonage online account.

Original review: June 29, 2017

On the whole, I have been satisfied. On a few occasions, the line has not been clear and the party at the other end could not hear me. I have been your customer for over 12 years and should be given very advantageous rates. Please include Kenya in the list of countries that I can call without any additional charge. Thanks.

Vonage

Thank you Joseph, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your excellent feedback! We do apologize for the volume of marketing emails you appear to be receiving, next time you get one, check the bottom of the message for an opt out link which will remove your email address from our mailing list, but please keep spreading the good word about Vonage!

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am very very happy with Vonage. Couldn't be happier. Reliable service, great features, easy to navigate, stupendous pricing, easy to use. The only downside is constant marketing e-mails. I have recommended Vonage to many acquaintances and don't need constant prompting to do so.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your feedback, there is nothing more satisfying then hearing that our customers are truly enjoying our service. And we thank you for participating in spreading the word about our service with our Refer-A-Friend program, keep up the good work Angelia!

Original review: June 29, 2017

Great, affordable phone service!!! I cannot tell the difference between a land line phone and this service. It is really great. I also like getting $50 for referring fiends and family. It's a win-win. Keep up the good work Vonage!!!

The quality of your VOIP service is not much of an improvement over Cox. We frequently have drop-outs during conversations and sometimes endure dropped calls. It is rather frustrating. We are using the highest speed internet service Cox offers, so we know that is not the problem.

Vonage

Great feedback, ! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide!

Original review: June 29, 2017

Great phone service. Perfect for my needs. Twice as good as AT&T or Cable One at a much lower cost. I have had phone service from multiple providers and I was actually an engineer in the old Bell System. AT&T customer service reps are rude and untrained. Cable One phone service goes out frequently. I have never had a problem with my Vonage service and the customer service reps are outstanding.

Vonage

Thank you, ! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am extremely happy and very satisfied with my Vonage experience. I use my Vonage service to make all of my calls to Mexico and to Canada which makes it easy and simple. I have not had any problems of any kind. I am hopeful that this situation and the amount of my payment does not change.

Vonage

Margaret, thank you so much for your kind words, keeping families in touch with one another is a huge part of what drives Vonage to make our service better and better. We do not offer a full cell phone service at this time, however we do offer our Extensions app that allows you to make calls from your cell phone at Vonage rates (data and minutes from cellular carrier may apply). For more information please visit the link below...

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have been a customer for several years now and I have always been more than pleased with my service. It means I can keep in touch with family members in England. Service outages are usually out of your control because it is due to power outages. As mentioned before I wish you have a cell phone service - any future plans for this?

Vonage

Thanks Jack, we truly appreciate a long time customer like yourself continuing to praise our service. Your enthusiasm drives us to keep building Vonage stronger and more efficient!

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have been a customer for more than 10 years. Outstanding service and quality the entire time. Only a rare occasion to seek help. Always received great care. Cost of service is very reasonable. I enjoy all of the calling features. I look forward to continuing great service.

Your representative promised that with our new number, we would have my full name Frank ** in the caller id. But people we have talked to have informed us that they get "name unavailable" or something similar. Please remedy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was unhappy with your service. I have not used your service for over a year. I called to ask how can I connect the service. I was told to use call forwarding to my International number. That cost me over two hundred dollars with Vonage and four hundred and twelve dollars Internationally. I called and complain. Was then advised to use the App with Wi-Fi. That did not work. The App is always down and the reception is poor. Bad advice cost me. I was not told that there was a charge for call forwarding.

Vonage

Kevin Mitchell! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: June 28, 2017

We recently switched to Vonage from AT&T. We had to pay extra for long distance with AT&T. The price was 70% less with nationwide calling. We summer in Connecticut and all I had to do is bring the Vonage attachment and hook it up to my wifi and I have full service. I recommend it to all my friends.

Vonage

Thank you, Raymond Harris! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: June 28, 2017

That I am more than satisfied with my Vonage service goes without saying - I vote with my payments. You have proven to be just what you advertised, and I am well pleased. I will continue to be a customer.

Vonage

Thank you Mary! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: June 28, 2017

The service is good. I had trouble reloading it on my cell phone and the customer service person helped walk me through it and it works great now. I like that I can get my calls on my cell phone even when I go out of the United States to visit my kids who are in the military.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Multiple times throughout the day, customers cannot hear us when the phone is connected. Multiple times a day, the phone number called says that it has been disconnect. (Even though in the next ten minutes the same phone # will connect...) From multiple callers we have been told later that our phone has been disconnected while trying to call "us". These issues have been happening for a while but are more frequent lately.

Vonage

Thank you,William V Griffin! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Excellent! Not one single problem or complaint, been in my home 57 years with Bell South, AT&T, Time Warner, Magic Crap and NetTalk Duo. Vonage is the only one that works as well as a non-VOIP phone. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Vonage

Gary McLaughlin! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: June 27, 2017

My wife and I have used Vonage for the past seven years. We find it to be a great phone service. Voice quality is equal to land lines, and we think it is a great value for the price, as we not infrequently call internationally. The Vonage smartphone app is just an added bonus when traveling overseas. Very pleased and highly recommended.

Resolution In Progress

Vonage

Nalini Ved, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will take your suggestions to help us improve upon pricing.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I like Vonage. Only thing is I can get it much cheaper somewhere else. Looking for something but because of time to spend in research I have not switched yet. I think $20/month is fair amount in today's communication world to pay for the services.

Vonage

Great feedback, Bruce Ettinger! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: June 27, 2017

Very helpful representatives. They explained the process of installation and benefits. Hardware came quickly and everything works well. Clarity of sound is excellent. Very competitive pricing. Voice mail and other features work as expected.

Vonage

Robert McDonnell! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: June 27, 2017

Ever since day one of my account I experienced no problems and if I did I had the problem corrected quickly. Would recommend to a friend, I have recommended to a number of friends and to other people who asked about my service.

Vonage

Carol Nelson! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: June 27, 2017

I'm quite satisfied with the Vonage service. Had a chance to "bundle" my services with my internet and TV with the AT&T provider I have, but turned them down because I value my Vonage home service for my landline phone.

Vonage

Thank you, Shonna Booth! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I feel the service we get is very good and the price is very fair for the service provided. We've never really had any problems, and I liked there's a customer service phone number you can call if you want to actually talk to a person.

Vonage

Great feedback, Dolores Cohen! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have no complaints. I am happy with the service required in the beginning and certainly happy with the money I am saving over ATT. I have no need to use all of the services supplied, but at least I know they are available.

Vonage Company Profile