Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About Vonage

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Vonage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We've had our home phone number through Vonage for many years. We fell for the ads claiming that their price is lower. IT IS NOT. Do not believe this. Their service was also always very unreliable. I would be speaking on the phone and after a few minutes, the line would go dead. It happened repeatedly throughout the years. People always thought I was speaking to them on my cell phone because the calls kept getting dropped. Also, I would often pick up the receiver and there was no service. We finally decided to port over our number to another service provider. Vonage did not release our number for 2 months!!!! We had no phone service for 2 months!!! And we found out later that this is exactly how they treat the customers who leave them. NEVER sign up with Vonage.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have had service since 03/08/2021 & OMG Horrible, Disgusting Service! People can't get through, calls Drop, When I re plug things in after I unplug it calls are dead a few times! I Contacted Vonage Tech Multiple Times! Within The Last Couple of Months! They Debug my equipment multiple times, reset box! This is a Disgusting Service! I Need Service 2 Work! You need 3 or more Services in order for you to get one service to work! Let's go back to SIMPLE Days when People had a BRAIN Cell!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We've been a Vonage Business Customer for 12 years. Prior we used Vonage Residential picks for 5 years. Uptime and quality of service is great. BUT, if you have ANY technical problems you're SOL. They DO NOT OFFER LIVE TECHNICAL HELP "unless you call new accounts" and "demand" help. Simple issue I'm having getting a existing handset to register. Nothing special! Only service they offer is Chat. Chat is low level and they can't help.

On hold again right now with a NEW Customer CSR. Even he can't get a Tech to answer or three way. It's 10am CST. The Tech CSR that did call me at my appointment time earlier this morning placed me on hold for 30 min. Then their hold timer timed out. He DID NOT CALL BACK!!! Back on hold with New Customer CSR waiting. As of this note I've been working hours to get the issue resolved over two days. The message in my ear says they are too busy and somebody will have to call me back. And to press 1 for call back, only pressing 1 does nothing! Still on hold listening to music... now one hour again on hold after speaking to second new customer agent...

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Signed up three days ago. Their menus are awful. I couldn't get it to work. Tried using this for business, but it was way too complex and expensive for a small business. Had no idea I was signing a contract - what a mistake. Now they want $400+ early termination fee. Stay clear of these guys.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My mother has been moved to a nursing home. We only wanted to cancel her service due to she no longer needs or resides at service address. Representative Travis who lied and stated he was a Manager and did not want to disconnect service. He needs to be fired. Please replay the call for service number **.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I have been using Vonage line to call local for 4 years, and the package was changed suddenly. They have been taking fees monthly from my debit account despite the fact that I ALREADY ASKED THEM TO DISCONNECT THE LINE and cancel the changed package. Yet THEY KEEP withdrawing from my debit account. There is no respect for the customers who trusted them for a long period, I am extremely dissatisfied with the service and DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Starting a small business I approached Vonage for their VOIP services. It took long pestering in the first place to get a quote, as there was some special provision that they had to account for in my quote. After a frustrating week, I got a quote, which was competitive and Vonage being a reputed brand, I decided to go with them. Though out of concerns asked the sales rep, if this experience with the quote is going to continue and he sweared it would it be great. Now I am regretting the decision, it is a month since I ordered the service and the phones have not arrived and today I am told they do not ship to Canada. I get this response after numerous follow ups. The sales representative **, would not even respond my email not return calls, perhaps this is the VONAGE training. If there was a -ve star rating I would gone with that as they do not deserve even 1 star rating.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I've been a client with Vonage for 12 month. My company went out of business and I called to cancel the service. I was advised because I did not call 30 days before my 1 year anniversary to cancel - I would need to pay for the additional 11 months on the auto-renewal contract. This gem was hidden in the terms document - my fault for not reading the terms document more closely. You are defaulted to auto renewal contract when signing unless you tell Vonage you do not want that option. Highly unethical business practices.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

You can't talk to a person. You have to use their terrible chat interface that hides the message until you type more. It is a total waste of my time with chat. My problem I'm trying to solve needs voice conversation and Vonage refuses to talk to their customers. I was transferred to a 2nd agent and now the line is dropped. This is demeaning. I just want to have my phone system set up correctly.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have been Vonage customer as it was easy in set up. But when it comes to cancellation account they will make you suffer a horrendous trail of events. BEWARE of their stupid offers at the time of cancellation which will keep you in loop with them. They will charge a bloody hefty fees at the time of cancellation.

Vonage author review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information