Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Vonage Video
View More View More

Vonage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Vonage executives are excellent. This company has a lot of potential, once employees get their act together. The executive have to make some tough decisions and invest in correct product offerings. All in all a great company that had a pulse of the market and can get it back.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Great quality and service. I switched to Comcast from Vonage because of their BUNDLE pitch. Two months of problems with the quality of Comcast service was all I could take. 8 + hours with Comcast tech support and they could not figure out how to stop call forwarding which I never turned on. I just cancelled my Comcast home phone service and I am back with Vonage.

Vonage response

Thank you Robert! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! Glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Vonage allows only fifty (50) numbers on a block list. With ever increasing incidences of robo-calls, political calls soliciting money, charitable organizations soliciting contributions and the like the measly fifty numbers I am allowed to block is inadequate in today's frenetic environment. Repeated telephone calls begging for money are more than annoying and wouldn't you know!!! such unscrupulous solicitors often target family "meal times" 4:30 - 6:30 PM.

I suggest you modify Vonage Residential service to allow up to five hundred numbers on each customer's block list. Yes! 500. BTW I would be willing to pay a little more per month for an expanded block list as an Add On i.e $5 per hundred additional block number slots. Smart phones now have the ability to identify a "scam" call. Please investigate whether or not Vonage could offer a Block Scams option or simply block scam calls by default. By the way I really love my Vonage VOIP phone service. Please keep up the good work guys. Thank You. Vernon **.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Continue to have trouble, on and off, with deterioration of quality of voice on both ends of call during contacts with persons in Panama. Reported to customer service on a number of occasions, it would clear up, then problem would repeatedly reoccur.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I was a customer of Vonage Business since 2017. My bill was set up on auto pay. I have never been disconnected. In Feb 2020 my bill tried to auto draft from my account and was declined. Wasn’t made immediately that my account would be cancelled for being 30 days past due. They stated there was nothing they could do. I would need to pay the Feb past due amount of $117 and the termination fee prior to setting up a new account. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor advised they would have to reach out to management and would get back to me by end of day. "This is my business phone line and it has no service," I explained. He stated he was going to work on it and would call me back about waiving the early termination fee.

I stated I would be willing to pay both the Feb and March bill due but I was not paying an early termination fee when I never cancelled my contract nor was advised my contract would cancel for being 30 days past due. He then returned my call 24 hrs later advising he had no good news but would escalate it and see what further he could try to do and would again have to call me back. After another 24 hrs he calls and says he has no good news and I would have to pay amount due including early termination fee to restore my account. I asked where was the signed contract advising that I would automatically be cancelled due to being past due for 30 days or where in this same contract does it state the termination fee would be $1300. He advised I don’t have to sign a contract that I agreed to the terms of service when I agreed to use Vonage.

I told him no I never would of agreed to such absurd terms. And asked for the contract I signed in writing. He could not produce that being that I never signed anything. The minimum terms of service he did provide had no signature, no dates and no amounts listed. Furthermore, it only stated terms if I were the one to cancel the contract prior to the contract end date but again there are no contract begin or end dates so I have no idea how long the minimum term I supposedly agreed to is. He then stated he would email and escalate it to his escalation. Department and someone would have to get back to me within 24 hrs. I asked to be copied in on that email but after putting me on hold he could not do that!

Vonage response

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. A member of our Executive Response Team will be reaching out shortly to assist.

--Vonage

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 18, 2020

I have been a customer for over 15 years with Vonage. After my business has grown in size I upgraded to Vonage Business, with two lines. Since the upgrade we experienced countless dropped calls, phones not ringing and the app was just JUNK!! Numerous calls to tech support and over several months and they were unable to get us fixed. I finally had no choice but to change over to a new provider and cancel my plan. I then get billed over 1600 dollars in cancellation fees, even though the fault was theirs! Stay away from this horrible company!!!

Dear Lowell,

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Please provide your account number and a means of contact (email or phone number), and someone will reach out to assist.

--Vonage

Original review: March 16, 2020

Decided to transition my existing Comcast business phone lines to Vonage. After speaking to customer service, I was called back every day, until I agree to enter the contract. Unfortunately, the sales rep did not spend any time asking about my existing office set-up because he sent me phone that had to be hard wired to a router which was not an option in my office. After I complained, they sent me 4 new phones. Unfortunately, for the new wireless phones to work they were supposed to send me dongles. They didn't and I had to call and complain. After receiving the dongles I spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support to try and get the wireless phones working. In the meantime my old number ported over, so now my business calls were getting lost in the abyss.

After 4 hours with tech support, Vonage admitted they sent me the wrong dongles and that the ones they sent me are not compatible with the phones they sent me. Then they demanded I pay for overnight shipping to get them sooner. Even though they explained even with overnight shipping it will still take 5 days. When I finally agreed, they said I would receive an email confirmation. I didn't.

After the weekend I spent another 4 hours on the phone with them to find out that the order was never placed because I never returned the wrong products they sent me. I couldn't return those products because they never sent me the correct return label. After several more hours on the phone, they sent me another incorrect shipping label. Several more calls and emails, they corrected the return label mistake. Now I am entering the third week, I still don't have the equipment I need, and my business has come to a standstill. I wish I could just cancel the subscription and go back to my original carrier, but I know Vonage will not make that easy.

Dear Michael,

Original review: March 8, 2020

$50 referral after 61 days. Well this is false. You have to keep inquiring and reminding them. The response is always give them 48 hours. It's been 3 months after the 61 days and still nothing. The customer service is overseas and it's terrible communication. The system will terminate the conversation during the wait period for their response.

Vonage response

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience regarding your referral. I am a member of the Executive Response Team and would like the opportunity to address your matter. Could you please send us a private response with your Vonage account or telephone number so we can investigate the issue further?

Resolution response: March 19, 2020

Jeff from Executive Response Team has promptly responded and resolved the issue. Appreciate the quick response.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Customer service Supervisor failed to call me back to address a Referral program gift card. I again called after nearly 2hours, had to explain all the details to a new supervisor who could not resolve and not able to escalate by giving lame reasons that are not applicable to the program.

Vonage response

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I am a member of the Executive Response Team and would like the opportunity to address your matter. Could you please send us a private response with your Vonage account or telephone number so we can investigate the issue further?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 2, 2020

Vonage was hacked. Vonage hit my checking multiple times in five minutes. My bank responded as fraudulent deductions and immediately closed my account. Vonage responded that my account was fraudulently charged and hack but does not issue refund checks. They can only credit my checking account which is now closed. The bank will not reopen an account that had to be closed for fraud. Vonage will not refund hundreds of dollars they took from my account.

Dear Albert,

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience, I am a member of the Executive Response Team and would like the opportunity to address your matter. Could you please send us a private response with your Vonage account or telephone number so we can investigate the issue further?

Regards,

Vonage Executive Response Team

Vonage expert review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

• Best for: Residential users, salespeople and small businesses.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information