Call toll free
1.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Vonage Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Vonage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Great quality and service. I switched to Comcast from Vonage because of their BUNDLE pitch. Two months of problems with the quality of Comcast service was all I could take. 8 + hours with Comcast tech support and they could not figure out how to stop call forwarding which I never turned on. I just cancelled my Comcast home phone service and I am back with Vonage.

Vonage response

Thank you Robert! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! Glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Vonage allows only fifty (50) numbers on a block list. With ever increasing incidences of robo-calls, political calls soliciting money, charitable organizations soliciting contributions and the like the measly fifty numbers I am allowed to block is inadequate in today's frenetic environment. Repeated telephone calls begging for money are more than annoying and wouldn't you know!!! such unscrupulous solicitors often target family "meal times" 4:30 - 6:30 PM.

I suggest you modify Vonage Residential service to allow up to five hundred numbers on each customer's block list. Yes! 500. BTW I would be willing to pay a little more per month for an expanded block list as an Add On i.e $5 per hundred additional block number slots. Smart phones now have the ability to identify a "scam" call. Please investigate whether or not Vonage could offer a Block Scams option or simply block scam calls by default. By the way I really love my Vonage VOIP phone service. Please keep up the good work guys. Thank You. Vernon **.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Continue to have trouble, on and off, with deterioration of quality of voice on both ends of call during contacts with persons in Panama. Reported to customer service on a number of occasions, it would clear up, then problem would repeatedly reoccur.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have been a Vonage customer since the company got started. The service has been and is outstanding. We make a lot of international calls and calls all over the USA. The Quality is always first rate and the service has been consistent and dependable. I have recommended Vonage to my neighbors, my family, and friends.

Vonage response

Hi Jerry,

We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Regards,

Jeff N
Vonage Executive Response Team
Vonage Corporate Headquarters Holmdel NJ, USA

Available Mon thru Fri 9:30am to 6:00pm ET

Original review: March 22, 2019

I get numerous telemarketer calls every day. I am on the do not call list and also signed up for no more robo, but I still get these calls. I wish Vonage had the ability to screen and eliminate telemarketer and robo calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Vonage executives are excellent. This company has a lot of potential, once employees get their act together. The executive have to make some tough decisions and invest in correct product offerings. All in all a great company that had a pulse of the market and can get it back.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I changed service away from Vonage and tried to call and cancel but their customer service line will hang up on you every time, never gets to a person. The phone service was terrible and the price kept going up. I ported my phone away from them but they continue taking money from my account. I am working with my Bank now to get this stopped. If they won't answer the phone and won't take email there is no way to cancel. Stay away from them. Bad service and poor customer service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have been with Vonage more than 3 years. I brought my one more line with them as they offered me some kind of discount. But when I saw my Visa statement they charged me regular price. But when I called to customer care, they apologized and assure me to give credit back on my next bill and assure me start charging discounted price. It didn't happened on my next bill and when I talked again they told me to pay regular price and assure me they would hear my call recording and investigate who lied... Lol. So don't trust their customer care when they give you some fake offers.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Bought Vonage for a family member and knew it was a one year contract. Eventually, the family member did not want it anymore because they were tired of dealing with the low quality of the line. In six months of calling, I was told several lies and had to ask my bank to block any payment requests from the company to avoid getting charged more.

Lies included:
- that I somehow always got a manager on the phone and there was no one higher to talk to

- that canceling a contract on a future date was impossible in their system even though that's what they did in the end

Issues included:
- cancellation fee was higher than the cost of the actual contract
- even after paying to the end of my contract, I wasn't allowed to cancel without a cancellation fee because I still had 3 days left (But I've already PAID for those three days!)
- was not allowed to ASK for cancellation until the day AFTER my contract ended
- payment for an additional month would be taken out before I was allowed to cancel

- I had to get nasty to get proper customer service

TLDR; don't waste your time. The product is not worth the quality and the customer service agents have been given a script of evil tactics to stonewall you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

We started with Vocalocity years, which got bought out by Vonage. Their call quality is mediocre as is their reliability. Their website is buggy and sometimes down. They use inexperienced, overseas tech support. They are overpriced and have been getting worse over the years. Their mobile app can not be used to receive calls from 2 extensions.

Vonage expert review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

• Best for: Residential users, salespeople and small businesses.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information