Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About Vonage

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Vonage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Our experience hasn't been the same as most here, but I think a lot of what I've read are issues that stem from miscommunication. I really like that Vonage reaches out to those customers to help them resolve their issues right here...good customer service! We have had some issues transitioning from our legacy analog system, to Vonage VOIP, mostly because of differences caused by the two countries' telephone standards and policies. There were a few hiccups in account management, but nothing that wasn't able to be negotiated, and resolved.

But, I have to say, Vonage's business customer service reps, and technical staff, have rocked. They are courteous and friendly, efficient, and they call back and follow up when they say they will. When big problems cropped up, the account managers got engineers on conference calls with us to troubleshoot. When we have little problems, the CS reps are easily reachable, and are able to troubleshoot most every issue we've had. Don't get me wrong, VOIP may be a technology that's been around for a decade, but it still falls into the 'Wild West' category of technology. There are still plenty of features, and setups that vary from carrier to carrier. But, we've found that Vonage's service just can't be beat, for value and features, and customer service. And, when we find something that we think could be better, they readily accept your improvement request, and add it to their list :). I recommend them!

Original review: July 13, 2021

I was a customer with Vonage for well over 12 years. 2008 to be exact. It turned out that I needed to start using a cell phone for my business phone so I had my Vonage phone number ported to a cell and I called them to close my account at the end of my billing cycle. My thinking was to make sure I had a smooth transition and not interrupt my business calls. 10 minutes later Vonage shut off my phone and somehow blocked my porting of my phone number so now if a client calls they get a message that the phone was disconnected and no new number.

I called my cell provider and they tried many different fixes that didn't work and told me I had to contact Vonage. So I called Vonage and they refused to help me explaining I am no longer a customer and unless I wanted to get a new line they won't help me. I asked why they disconnected my phone since I had 2 more paid weeks of service and they told me they cancel as soon as I discontinue my account and I would not be given any further service or a refund of the time left on my account. Vonage has no respect for long term customers and they could care less about a small business. They become thugs.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2021

So overall very happy with the Vonage system technically. However, in the 1st month, to get a feature functioning correctly, they suggested adding a feature to the account. Business Inbox. The feature was unable to be added due to a tach glitch with the system. Several attempts and the same thing over and over. Then I get billed for each attempt, currently 6. It has happened 3 months in a row now. I have to spend hours in chat, we promises that it will be fixed and it is not. It takes multiple chat sessions to get any action. It takes Forever to get a refund. We tried to add the feature mid April 2021, here it is in July and no resolution in sight.

I ask for someone to call me. No call. Amazing that a company that specializes in phone communication is totally unavailable to be reached by phone to resolve a problem. I keep hearing the problem has been escalated. It's been escalated so many times it should be on the roof by now. Very frustrating. Come on guys, you are losing business, look at all of the negative comments on this site. Is this how you want to treat your customers in this day and age?

Original review: May 18, 2021

Updated on 05/29/2021: Wrote complaint on May 18. 2021 about my account being compromised and before I could switch payment information in my portal. My service was cancelled. Vonage responded on 5/19, how sorry they were on this forum but NEVER FOLLOWED UP. I WANT TO RETURN THIS PHONE AND RETURN TO AT&T.

Original Review: My bank account was compromised and I had to open a new bank account; before I could update my portal with new account information on the 5th of May; Vonage had closed out my account. I had contacted a representative regarding electronic check payment but was told that was not accepted. They cancelled my account early cancellation fee, phone charge and informed me I can re-sign with them again in 30days with a new number. Vonage can take this phone back and deduct all those charges.

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Michelle. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: April 9, 2021

Vonage started charging me double the usual charge without checking with me. They should have sent the email before renewing and charging me double the usual amount. I requested them to refund my money and they smugly said that they won't, and not even pro-rated basis. They canceled the service immediately even for the month that they have already charged me $50+.

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience, Rohit. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: April 6, 2021

NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Beware, you will lose business as I did. We depend on communications through the phone. If you are a business, DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE OF GOING TO VONAGE BUSINESS. Go with other companies instead. For as big as this company is, it is Very Poorly managed.

Vonage response

We're very sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Fernando. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: April 5, 2021

I've used Vonage for over 10 years, and decided to cancel in December 2020. It's now April and they have since taken 3 more payments. The cancellation dept is non existent. It's as if this is a bogus co.

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Mustafa. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 31, 2021

I am a Vonage customer. In 2020 I reported a particular problem. After a very long wait, I was told it was fixed. However, it was not fixed. I called back and reported the same problem. Vonage was not able to pull up the records from my last call. They, again, told me the problem was fixed. However, it was NOT fixed. I called back yet AGAIN on the same matter. After a long wait, I got the same exact thing. The representative couldn't find any history on the matter. I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisors are busy with other customers.

I said this is my THIRD time calling about the SAME problem that originated in 2020, so why is it that everyone else is a higher priority than myself at this point. The customer service representative had no answer. So here I am, THREE attempts to fix a problem, and I find myself looking into the eyes of a business that has demonstrated zero ability to solve the problem. To make matters worse, I was told this should be easy to fix.

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Ronald. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 24, 2021

I am an international consultants working with clients all over the world. I cannot see any messages from my clients since a few weeks. I have a Grandstream Model HT801. I called Vonage, some consultant not really knowing about resolving the issue, just disconnected the call. I have been a client of Vonage for 20 years and made a lot of people subscribe to Vonage. I am VERY disappointed that my issue is NOT being taken care in a professional way, it seems that people being confined do not take the issue seriously as they used to at Vonage. So I will probably find a new phone co and never promote Vonage again in my life. VERY disappointed. I had this clients messages issue and it never been resolved. IT is a VERY unprofessional attitude coming from a service co.

Vonage response

We're very sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Jean-Pierre. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have been a Vonage customer for over 10 years with no issue. However, I decided to port a second number over to Vonage in November and dutifully filled out the Number Transfer Authorization form. It's been over four months since I started the process. It seems that Vonage has sent the wrong account information over to my old phone company (things like omitting my first name, abbreviating Trail to TRL, using a four digit zip instead of the 5+4 method, dropping off my account number). I've made well over 30 calls to "customer service" to no avail and have spoken to the third party authorization (who says they can't verify any of my data and that every has already been verified) way too many times. I've offered to send Vonage my bill from the old phone company which shows all my billing and account information, but that won't work according to the representatives.

Every representative that I've spoken with has guaranteed me that everything "is fine and will be handled". I even canceled the process a month ago in order to start anew. However, the old incorrect data is embedded somewhere in the Vonage system. I need to compliment all the Vonage representatives for being wonderfully dismissive to the needs of their customers. Perhaps the only solution is to cancel my accounts and to start over with another VOIP company. John ** (How can you mess up a name that only has 7 letters!)

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, John. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 12, 2021

We've had Vonage service for almost 15 years and all was going well. We recommended them to friends and family but in the past 4 years the service has deteriorated and the past year has been horrendous!!!! I can't make a call anymore without it being choppy. I can't have a conversation with anyone using vonage. The worst part is their customer service. They have blamed our internet, our modem, our router...everything on our end but nothing at their end because they are perfect!!! We have tried every modem and router in town...We have high speed internet. Nothing!!! I am done done done done with Vonage. Stay as far away from them as possible!!! Their customer service is useless and clueless!! Only once were we connected to their NJ office senior technicians who were able to help for a while. After that it was impossible to reach that department again. Stay away from them!!!

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Cherine. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

Vonage author review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information