Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vonage

JL. We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I have been a Vonage customer since November 2014 and I have to say that it has always been great service and the team has always been very helpful. I used to have (until it was stolen) a USB drive that I could connect to my computer and make calls wherever I was. They value the fact that I have been a customer for such a long time. I think many service providers (e.g. AT&T) could learn a lot from this great company. Keep the good work!

Vonage

Eric! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Service has never been interrupted! Love the extensions app for my smartphone. I can make and take calls using my home line. I have a 2 line box even though I only have one line. A few months ago the line died. It was actually the port on my device. Customer service was able to quickly troubleshoot and switch my line to port 2. This is the only issue I have had in almost 10 years!!

Vonage

Thank you, Theodore! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Service has been reliable and dependable.

I received a letter from Vonage with an issue date back in March of 2017 stating that I was owed a refund of approximately $71. I was asked to submit certain information on the letter that was sent to me. This information was submitted on two separate occasions and apparently lost by Vonage internally. This letter stated that in the event I did not submit all of my paperwork or answers to their questions that the money would be transferred to my State's Unclaimed Property Department within the treasurer's office.

I have repeatedly gone online to check for this refund which is not there but Vonage insists it's been sent and provides me a link that I'm utilizing and again said money is not there. I have now been calling Vonage for several weeks as well as emailing their office and no one has responded as has been promised by different people. Whenever you call the corporate office in New Jersey you will probably get a voicemail with a woman's voice indicating that you must be calling after hours and or all of their representatives are busy.

I attempted to leave a voicemail there which I'm not sure whether or not was received but I did not hear back from them with reference to that call either. I have now spoken with account management located in the Philippines and I consistently get excuses not solution. When you called Vonage you could end up in a call center anywhere from the United States to India to the Philippines to I believe Guam and other places and each and every different location provides different information which makes this situation even more frustrating.

When I call and ask to speak to somebody who suggested I call him back I am told he is not in location that I have called although Vonage utilizes only one specific customer service number and it's random as to what call center you will end up at. I have been told on numerous occasions that I need to hang up and call back and maybe I will end up in the Philippines talking to the person I need to speak with. I have now spoken with at least 2 supposed managers in the account management department who indicated that my case has been accelerated and I should get a response within 72 hours. This acceleration was originally submitted over 2 weeks ago and still no responses.

I am not sure how to move forward at this time but I think my best course of action will be to file a claim in small claims court locally to get my refund since it has been six months since the original letter was issued and at least two months since this money was supposed to be transferred to my state treasurer. Enough is enough Vonage, I don't know why or how you can be this way with me. The funny thing about all this is that I have repeatedly gotten solicitation letters to come back to their service and I've asked for this to stop as I perceive this to be harassment especially since all the problems I have been having with them. Needless to say I canceled my service a long time ago and have absolutely no intention of ever going back to this incompetent company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had VONAGE account. We moved to UK; so, I called up Vonage to cancel my service. I received a confirmation number for my cancellation. However, they kept on charging my credit card. Upon calling, they gave me very confusing and inaccurate explanation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For anyone who is looking to get service with Vonage (Business/Personal) be aware that they do not cover all of their fees on their quote and they will not do anything for you when you get your bill. You must add an additional $50-$60 to get a clearer picture of what your bill will be. The rep advised me that I could cancel the service. False advertising, poor customer service and their stand is they can do without you so go somewhere else. Try RingCentral. They have a great system and are clear on their fees. Most importantly they treat you like they want your business.

Resolution In Progress

I have been using Vonage phone services since 2009. I recently had problem with services from Vonage extension app. There were few calls made using Vonage extension app when I visited India. I used the Wifi only mode in the extension. I see a shocking bill from my wireless service provider that Vonage access numbers were charged as International calling number $3 per minute. I called the Vonage customer service and explained to them. The customer service representative have told they did not have ability to check whether these calls were made using wifi or cellular data, and they told their system is perfect and will not take any action. What.

Resolution In Progress

It may say in the fine print somewhere but when I transferred my landline number to Vonage, I was without incoming calls for a full day. My previous service was discontinued so I could not revert back to that for the day. I use this number for a variety of things. Right now I am waiting for a doctor's office to call with an appointment. Among the other things - I also work from home and customers, associates, etc. have this number. I cannot be contacted for 24 hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Resolution In Progress

I had an agreement with Vonage for $24/month for basic phone service; they took $40/month out of my bank account, the total amount stolen was $165. Huntington Bank said they couldn't have done this without some sort of electronic agreement. I NEVER AGREED TO ANYTHING LIKE THIS, I was never notified or knew anything about it. Vonage obviously forged an agreement to steal money out of my bank account. Vonage is a criminal company, run by criminals, and this is the sort of thing criminals do. Don't take my word for it, legal actions and settlements against this sleazy criminal company are all over the Internet. I have DOCUMENTATION for everything I've said, if anyone wants to contact me, **. Avoid this sleazy, lying, cheating company at all costs. I give them one star only because zeros and negatives aren't available.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made call to India from Vonage digital card. Phone was ringing. No one pick up the phone. I disconnected and there was charges. This is scam. I called the customer service but they said they can't refund the money. Very dissatisfied and very bad experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Vonage. I did however refer a friend, Vicki **, who did get your service in her business. It is a 501c, and she was thrilled to save over $4000 per year, as well as having each employee/volunteer have their own extension. However, because I referred Vicki ** instead of the Workshop, I did not receive a bonus when she signed up. This happened a few years ago. Any help?

Vonage

Thank you for your positive review. We're really glad to hear that our Representative was able to help you with your issue.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Contacted Vonage customer service and Francisco assisted me in resolving the problem. Very professional and patient considering that I had to follow technical instruction (unplugging, re-connecting cables between the Vonage box and my router), which is not all that easy for me to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In May 2017 I attempt to cancelled service with Vonage due to leaving to Europe. Couple weeks later I have received email from Vonage stating that I owe money for their services. I have been trying to send email back to Vonage but this is impossible. They instruct me that I must call to cancel services or to even get in touch with representative. I do not have phone connection. Only way I can communicate is by email or WhatsUp. It cost me a lot to contact Vonage from Europe via AT&T. Finally I contact Vonage customer service and ask to cancel again my phone number. Unfortunately I am still receiving progressive phone bills from Vonage. At this moment I have no way to contact Vonage again and I do not know when exactly I will be back home. I am really very upset and hopeless. Situation is very upsetting. I hope you have way to contact them and finally cancel my phone service with Vonage. Below find my phone number. If necessary I can apply my Vonage bills but I will have to make a pictures of them. Please let me know if this is necessary.

Vonage

Thank you Maureen! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear you're enjoying the calling freedom that Vonage provides.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I really love that I can talk to my family in the United Kingdom, Australia and Switzerland without having to worry about the cost of the calls. Also like Vonage extensions which allows me to use my mobile phone when abroad without paying for expensive calls.

Vonage

We're so happy that Vonage is able to meet your needs and expectations! Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My wife, Raquel **, and I are glad to have Vonage, especially now that we are retired and living on a fixed income and decided to take the plan "pay-as-you-go", which is fantastic. The people at Vonage are so nice. My wife prefers to talk to them in Spanish, and they always answers her questions. Thank you very much, Vonage.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your positive review! We love to hear that our customers are able to use our service and that it works well.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I like to use Vonage. Is easy and save time and money. The connection is good when the country the lines are Ok. But other of that, I call other countries and not a problem. Always get a good connection, the rate is good is fair not too much money for a minute. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lately I've been using the Vonage service to call to Colombia every night. The first nights the service was good. But since at least one week ago the quality of the service has decreased a lot. Calls that are answered somewhere else; defective signal; interrupted calls, etc. It's imperative that Vonage improve the quality of the service. Otherwise, you are going to lose customers, me included.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Answer machine has a weird repetitive menu. Otherwise service is excellent! I wish they would get that answering machine menu fixed. I know how to speed it up but it is annoying. Email missed phone calls is also excellent! Also your "honest billing" is light years ahead of your competition.

Vonage

Hi Erica, and thank you for the positive review. We're glad to hear that our features are working well for you.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have no complaints. I greatly appreciate your ability to block phone numbers when I am inundated by telemarketing calls from Microsoft, for example. For example, I received 7 calls from Microsoft over the course of 7 hours. Then you blocked another call from Microsoft at a later date from a non-800 number. Greatly appreciated.

Vonage

Thank you for your review, Brooke. We're really glad that our website is simple and intuitive and allows you to navigate easily. We appreciate the feedback and will let our web team know!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I am extremely happy with my service from Vonage... Their website is informative, easy to navigate, shows all options available in a clear concise manner, makes calls via phone to customer service absolutely un-necessary!!! And that is from someone who always calls customer service prior to working around a confusing WEBSITE!!! THAT IS HOW SIMPLE AND CLEAR THEIR WEBSITE IS TO NAVIGATE!!

Vonage

Thank you for your review, Richard. We love to hear how the Vonage service is utilized by our customers and how well it works!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have been a customer for about 10 years. We use the line mostly from Costa Rica. Also calling from our home in the US. We enjoy the confidence with the connection to family and friends while traveling. I have recommended to my US family to get a Vonage line and phone. It is worth it.

Vonage

We're thrilled to hear about your experience, Marolyn! We pride ourselves in taking care of our customers and we really appreciate your positive review.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Am completely satisfied with Vonage. In fact, I recommend it to all my friends. Excellent service; excellent customer service. Vonage is not only affordable, but hassle-free. All my communication by telephone with Vonage has been efficient and result-oriented. Customer service is always friendly and helpful.

Vonage

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear that the Vonage service has worked well for you. Our Customers are our #1 priority, and we thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The only time I have experienced an outage or disruption of my service has been because of my ISP. I did replace my old phone modem with a new one provided by Vonage when it acted up. I give Vonage a big "A+" when it comes to billing. They have worked with me by granting credits to my account to prevent overdrafts to my checking account when the dates of automatic payments do not coincide. The service is way above AT&T.

While I lived in a rural area, this was the best option for a phone line. Service was decent, but upon moving I no longer needed service. I understood that I was in a 12 month contract, so I continued to pay for service which I did not use for 2 months, then, when my payment cleared on the final month of my contract, I called to cancel service. THEY REFUSED! They would not cancel my service until THE DAY that contract expired - I have NEVER heard of a company which cannot note the account. So, I set a reminder and called TODAY, which is the date my contract expires... Guess what, THEY REFUSED! I can't cancel service until 12 midnight. RIDICULOUS!

Now I will have to call back again tomorrow morning, at which point I am sure that they will assess a fee for the 9 hours of 'service' which fall between the 12am cancel time and the time their call center opens again. Call center reps give no real resolution, just read off of scripts. TERRIBLE. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST if you EVER want to be free of them!!!

Vonage

Great feedback Stephen! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service, and please keep spreading the good word about Vonage!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Well I don't know what I did before Vonage, that is just how good you are! Easy to use and works excellent! It is by far a better quality service than Cox cable. I would definitely, and I have, recommend Vonage to a friend.

Vonage

We're thrilled that you've had a good experience with Vonage. Thank you so much for your positive review!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The product has been all you said it was. Delivery of the phone was PROMPT!! Instruction for installing was EASY TO UNDERSTAND. About 3 months afterwards, I had to use your telephone help to rewire the connects. I'm 78 years old, the man was helpful, the system was up and running. So, I would say my time with Vonage has been a 10!!!

Not all people complain when talking to me, but too many have said they hear a clicking, like pressing of buttons, while I talk to them and my hand held (not a typical cell phone) is NOT near my chin, nor fingers - even happens when I have it on speaker phone. Is that the PHONE problem or Vonage delivery problem?

Vonage

Michael, awesome feedback! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I was very pleased with the service I received. Your rep was pleasant and corrected my issue with great efficiency. This particular problem was bothersome and he was so helpful in making sure it was resolved. I would recommend Vonage to others. Thank you!

Vonage

Original review: July 2, 2017

Outstanding service and no word to describe the excellent quality of the APP Extension, let me simply say Great Work! Keep it up. In addition when one calls Customer service you feel appreciated as a customer and the ease to answer a question is fabulous.

Vonage

Thanks for the kind words Betty, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear how much you enjoying our long distance calling and easy to use call features! Don't forget to take advantage of our Vonage Extensions App for long distance calling from your smart phone!

Original review: June 30, 2017

I'm very pleased with our Vonage service so far. It's so affordable and love that it includes unlimited long distance at no extra charge. I love all the calling features too, especially the anonymous and selective call block so we don't get so many soliciting calls.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The phone line goes dead. This is the second time. Unfortunately we're not home until July 9th to address the concern. I don't know how to make the repair so I'll have to pay CenturyLink to make the repair and charge me $85.00 service call plus the cost of the repair.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We keep getting someone fax ring on our phone and all it does is beep and beep. Very annoying. This happens Much too often. Another problem is our electric power flickers often when there is thunderstorms. This flicker causes the Motion and the phone to go out and I have to reset everything again and again. Overall satisfied with the service. I have to give you a 5 or less.

Vonage

Thank you, ! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are always working to improve our service by offering additional countries at competitive lower rates. Unfortunately Kenya is not included in your current rate plan (Vonage World), but you can stay up to date with any news by checking our website or logging onto your Vonage online account.

Original review: June 29, 2017

On the whole, I have been satisfied. On a few occasions, the line has not been clear and the party at the other end could not hear me. I have been your customer for over 12 years and should be given very advantageous rates. Please include Kenya in the list of countries that I can call without any additional charge. Thanks.

Vonage Company Profile