1.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Vonage Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2280 Vonage Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

Vonage allows only fifty (50) numbers on a block list. With ever increasing incidences of robo-calls, political calls soliciting money, charitable organizations soliciting contributions and the like the measly fifty numbers I am allowed to block is inadequate in today's frenetic environment. Repeated telephone calls begging for money are more than annoying and wouldn't you know!!! such unscrupulous solicitors often target family "meal times" 4:30 - 6:30 PM.

I suggest you modify Vonage Residential service to allow up to five hundred numbers on each customer's block list. Yes! 500. BTW I would be willing to pay a little more per month for an expanded block list as an Add On i.e $5 per hundred additional block number slots. Smart phones now have the ability to identify a "scam" call. Please investigate whether or not Vonage could offer a Block Scams option or simply block scam calls by default. By the way I really love my Vonage VOIP phone service. Please keep up the good work guys. Thank You. Vernon **.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Continue to have trouble, on and off, with deterioration of quality of voice on both ends of call during contacts with persons in Panama. Reported to customer service on a number of occasions, it would clear up, then problem would repeatedly reoccur.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have been a Vonage customer since the company got started. The service has been and is outstanding. We make a lot of international calls and calls all over the USA. The Quality is always first rate and the service has been consistent and dependable. I have recommended Vonage to my neighbors, my family, and friends.

Vonage response

Hi Jerry,

We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Regards,

Jeff N
Vonage Executive Response Team
Vonage Corporate Headquarters Holmdel NJ, USA

Available Mon thru Fri 9:30am to 6:00pm ET

Original review: March 22, 2019

I get numerous telemarketer calls every day. I am on the do not call list and also signed up for no more robo, but I still get these calls. I wish Vonage had the ability to screen and eliminate telemarketer and robo calls.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This is the best service for all who want a landline phone, clear as a bell. I have not experienced any statics. Thanks for being there, I am telling others. Being on a low income that's fixed, your service has been a blessing.

Vonage response

Thank you Linda! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product at the right price to fulfill your needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Please! Please! Do not get this service! The phone service never worked right! Called customer service constantly to try and fix problem. Then when I tried to cancel what never worked, they charged me a huge cancellation fee!!!! Even though they had on record that I called numerous times!!! Terrible company! No customer service!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This company is the worst company I have ever done business with. First off the product is terrible. It constantly stops working without any warning. As this is for a business I go multiple days without receiving incoming calls or voicemails likely losing a significant amount of money. Beyond that, 2x the company has added extensions without asking if I want them and charging me. The 2nd time I caught this they were literally charging us 3x what was agreed upon. They then state that they cannot give you a refund because you purchased these services. I can only describe this as fraudulent activity. What kind of a company can add services you don't request and refuse to refund you for them? This is the equivalent of Burger King throwing extra burgers into your bag and then charging you for them even if you catch it and state that you never wanted them in the first place. DO NOT WORK WITH VONAGE!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Worse company ever. Took me forever to cancel my service, after two weeks trying to cancel it and hundreds of hung up calls and dropped calls finally I could cancel. Now. A year after, I received a letter from a collection comp. saying I owed $18.61 to them. Really Vonage? They don't even told me or notified me for that. I never received a bill, call o email about it, not even when I cancelled the service on that time. This company ROB you, stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Once you're in, they won't let you cancel. I tried and tried. I think they have a corporate policy where the agent either gets a bonus for not letting you cancel or gets dinged if they do, because these people are invested in not letting you out! Each agent told me a different story about my contract, a different date when I needed to call back to complete the cancellation. Every agent wanted to charge me a different fee for cancelling. (None should have been due!) To add insult to injury, after the call I would get an email thanking me for renewing the account! One guy flat-out hung up on me!! I don't care how good or bad the service is. This is underhanded business practice and a company like that doesn't deserve our business!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Since I subscribed to Vonage after joining a local broadband company (which by the way is very good) and ditching BT, my phone service has been really poor with frequent bad lines, busy network messages, and long connection times. This is not a comparable quality service to standard fixed line suppliers and indeed not that much cheaper. It has become almost unusable.

Vonage expert review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

• Best for: Residential users, salespeople and small businesses.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information