toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

Vonage

JL. We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I have been a Vonage customer since November 2014 and I have to say that it has always been great service and the team has always been very helpful. I used to have (until it was stolen) a USB drive that I could connect to my computer and make calls wherever I was. They value the fact that I have been a customer for such a long time. I think many service providers (e.g. AT&T) could learn a lot from this great company. Keep the good work!

Vonage

Eric! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Service has never been interrupted! Love the extensions app for my smartphone. I can make and take calls using my home line. I have a 2 line box even though I only have one line. A few months ago the line died. It was actually the port on my device. Customer service was able to quickly troubleshoot and switch my line to port 2. This is the only issue I have had in almost 10 years!!

Vonage

Thank you, Theodore! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Service has been reliable and dependable.

Resolution In Progress

When I signed up in Jan, it was promised that I will get 50$ egift card with promo card. And even after 4 months, I didn't received any. When I called customer care, they said they couldn't find anything related to using promo code during signup and they can't do anything as it is software produced. Funny thing, they believe their software is perfect but it's definitely my mistake. I see in Yelp reviews that many customers are cheated like that and they don't send any gift cards. And cancellation has hell of rules.

This is the worst phone service I have ever had... since I sign up I get a lot of out of state phone call and people hang up. Some of the people who try to reach me are blocked for some reason. People tell me they hear constant beeping. I'm in the middle of talking to someone and the phone goes dead. Sometime when I go to use the phone it's dead. Don't think I will last much longer with this service.

Resolution In Progress

I ordered Vonage business phone service, for my medical office. Decided within 24 hrs that I do not want to change to Vonage at this time. Sent an email to cancel my account, stopped the shipment of phones, told the Vonage IT persons calling me to set up the account that I don't want to set up this account, please cancel it. This happened multiple times. Still they are charging me for three months of service, which I am disputing with my credit card carrier. Stay away from Vonage business. It is a rip-off company. I am so glad, I did not change my phone system to them.

Vonage

Good morning, Judith. We're really happy to hear that you're pleased with Vonage's service and support. Thank you for your review!

Original review: May 7, 2017

I have enjoyed my relationship with Vonage and the service is excellent, both customer service and telephone service availability. They help me keep within my budget with great pricing plans. The customer service reps are always polite, helpful and knowledgeable about services and plans.

Vonage

Hi Bryan. Thanks so much for the great feedback!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Vonage is really good. Vonage allows me to have unlimited telephone service within the US. Vonage is affordable and Vonage is very clear reception when on the phone. Vonage is easy to use and has a lot of ways to screen phone calls so you get the phone calls you want.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Resolution In Progress

OK, I'm upset. If any of you are thinking of using #Vonage as your phone carrier, let this serve as a warning. Talk about 'BAIT & SWITCH.' I'll have to chalk this one up as an expensive lesson that I've learned. Never again will I ever choose #Vonage as a phone carrier. I don't care how good their rates are. Make sure you read all of the fine print too. That's always where they get you. Here is my experience: Before #TimeWarner was sold to #Spectrum, after being a 20+ years customer of #TimeWarner, I got really, really tired of feeling like I was paying for services that I just didn't see the value in them. What was really annoying was the nominal $10 monthly fee just to place a plug into their modem which is how I received Internet service. I felt like #TimeWarner was really taking advantage of their customers and 'nickle and dimed' them a lot. That's when I decided I would do my own thing.

So, I purchased my own router and modem and scaled my service back and decided I would think about looking at TV differently. Soon after I decided to go further and move my phone service to a different provider. After some research, I decided that I would go with #Vonage as my carrier. That proved to be a mistake. The promo that they offered on their site was a good one and the monthly price was very reasonable. At the time, #Vonage was running a special -- a $100 Visa card when you signed up. Of course, that comes with stipulations. You must keep your account active for a certain length of time, which I met the time requirement because I called their customer service department and was told that I had to have my service active for 90 days and then would receive the card. I was ok with this since I really had no plans of switching my service anyway.

#Vonage sent me a tracking code so that I could check their rebate center to see when I would receive the card. The problem is, #Vonage never kept their end of the bargain and the card was never sent. Instead, when I called to discuss with them after being told I needed to wait 7-10 days after they performed research, I was forwarded again to a different customer service rep who also told me that they didn't see the promo in their system. I gave the rep the confirmation number I had received, but still they said that my promo wasn't in their system. After a few days of being shuffled here and there, I finally was pushed to their Advanced Operations Support department. This is where it fell apart. I was told again the promo wasn't in their system and was told that I either needed a screenshot when I initiated the order or would need to provide some sort of proof regarding the promo. Are they serious?

First of all this is a #Vonage promo offer that was advertised on their website. I was a brand new customer, which they could have easily checked to see how long I had my account. #Vonage could have also checked to see what promo was being offered during the time I opened my account. Yet, they did none of that. Instead, what I got was someone that was in my opinion insulting my intelligence, willing to engage in a back and forth email war until I decided that I was no longer interested in talking to 'this person' (and that's being nice considering what I was really thinking).

Why would I ever think I would need to take a screenshot of a new order I was placing? I am not responsible for how the #Vonage website works or doesn't. Nor am I responsible for their employees being trained or given information on promos they offer and their expiration dates. All I know is that I did what I was suppose to do and #Vonage did not as I never got the promo that was offered. It felt like 'BAIT & SWITCH' to me. Because of this experience and my feeling that if you will not keep your word on this, how can I ever feel that you're a company that would treat its customers fairly? That's when I decided that due to this experience, I would look at #Spectrum (the new owners of #TimeWarner) who equally offered me a sweet deal. I decided to move my account to #Spectrum.

So what does #Vonage do, because I didn't keep my account for 1 year (which I fully intended to do before all of this)? #Vonage charges me $115 for not keeping my account. Do I feel taken advantage of? You bet I do. So let my expensive lesson be a warning. 'DO NOT TRUST WHAT YOU READ ON THE #VONAGE SITE' EVER. A not too happy former customer.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with Vonage service.

Original review: May 3, 2017

A +++ Plus Service of excellence, unmatched quality. They provide constant and professional support, quality in prices and costs, I have not yet used mobile apps, but today I will test the service on my device. Gracias por todo, excelente. Desde Puerto Rico.

Vonage

Hi Gladys. We are so pleased that you have returned to Vonage and that it's working so well for you!

Original review: May 1, 2017

I have been a satisfied Vonage customer for a long time. Hopped off for a few days with a internet phone combo. Cancelled quickly and returned. ATT sent 5 installers to try to fix the internet dropping every few minutes and taking phone with it. It was frustrating but I am glad to have Vonage back.

Vonage

Hello George, and thank you for your positive review! I'm glad that our service fits your needs.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Very satisfied with all phases of Vonage service. I have recommended to friends, however they for the most part are reluctant to change or are not on the Internet, since they are in their 80's. I very much like the portability of the service since I connect in both Illinois and Florida.

You have a service that sends an email with the text of voice messages left on my home phone. It worked when I 1st got my account, but it no longer works. I really liked that feature. I called tech support, but it still isn't fixed.

Vonage

Good morning, Denis. Thank you for your positive review, though I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues getting in touch with our Customer Service Representatives. Please note that you always have the option of Live Chat if you have an issue. You can visit https://support.vonage.com/contactus for a link to that feature.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Satisfied at this time. Good value. Helpful customer service. Too long of a wait to get service. On hold too long. Some service reps were not that familiar with my initial problems while some were able to fix issue immediately.

Vonage

Good morning, David. Thank you so much for your positive review. I'm very pleased that we were able to offer you a lower cost plan that still met your needs.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I called Vonage to request that the company change the method of our monthly billing payment from our credit card to direct withdraw from our bank account. The operator gladly took the information and made the payment method change quickly and politely. Prior to ending the call, the person stated that she saw that we were a long and good customer and stated that she could offer a current plan for our phone that would save us monthly charges. She placed the new service for us and reduced our monthly fee by over $20. We are very pleased with Vonage service.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your positive review, Diane. I'm so glad that Vonage is able to meet all your needs for a phone service!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Vonage is just what I needed in phone service. I love it. Not over the limit. I can call any place at anytime and anywhere. My service is perfect for me. All I need is local and 911. It gets me to point A to point B. If my friends had computers, I would recommend Vonage to them.

Vonage

Good morning, Lorie! I'm sorry that you were having issues with wrong numbers, but I'm really glad we were able to assist you with getting a new phone number. Thank you for your positive review!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Jonathan was very helpful. He was very pleasant and was able to waive the fees to change my number. I was getting about 5 calls a week that were wrong numbers and then all of the sudden they increased to about 15 to 20 calls a day. This was very irritating with all these calls so even though I liked my number I just couldn't take all the calls anymore.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your review, Joel! I'm really pleased that Vonage is able to meet all your needs - both for calling and price.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I have been a customer with Vonage for 13 years. I got it primarily for my wife who calls Latin America every day to talk to her family. After have over $300 in long distance calls, I needed some way to bring down our bill. Superscribed to Vonage with the Latin American add on, ditched our other landline company that at the time charged $25 for basic service, long distance charges and $250 for international calls. I now do it for $35.

Initially I called customer service as I didn't understand the features, and they answered quickly and very knowledgeable about their system. Never had to call for many years, but called this year as I had a problem with the android cell app available to 2 phones. They solved the problem on the first call. Was able to reduce my cell minutes to almost -0- and now a much lower cell bill. All things equal, I am a customer for life.

I have no beef with Vonage although the price has crept up over time. But at least Comcast doesn't get any of it. The "house" phone is usually reserved for robo calls from politicians, fake charities, fake IRS agents etc. And we use it to call overseas. Connections tend to be pretty good. The overseas rates are okay.

Your $9.99 service is NOT really $9.99 and should be explained further it is basically double. Caller ID doesn't work even after I called in, keep getting echo in the line where I have to hang up and call back.

Vonage is very expensive now. Need to get rid of my service soon. Why should we pay more and more every year. With increase in numbers, the price should become lower. I need service but at affordable rates.

Vonage

Hi Evon. Thank you for your positive review, though I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with calls to China. You can take advantage of our outstanding technical support by visiting https://support.vonage.com/contactus. You can choose to call, or even use Live Chat for assistance.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have been very happy with my Vonage service over the years. Staff have been very helpful when I encounter an issue and work hard to correct it. My only complaint is fairly frequent disconnections with my calls to China which can be annoying but other than that I have no complaints.

Vonage

Good morning, Charles. We really appreciate your positive review! If you are referring friends to Vonage, you should definitely take advantage of our Refer-a-Friend promotion. If you meet eligibility, you and your friend can earn a $50 eGift Card! Please visit https://support.vonage.com/articles/answer/Refer-A-Friend-837 for more information!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have been with Vonage for a long time and I am happy with Vonage. I will recommend Vonage to my friends and others. The Customer Service is very helpful when I need them. They always solve my problem, when I have one.

Vonage

Hi Larry. I'm sorry that you had some initial trouble setting up your device, but I'm glad that it has worked out for you.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Vonage has been wonderful, there were a few challenges initially with setup, but once setup was accomplished things have been great ever since. We had our device break, but a new one was sent right away. We tell all our friends who might be traveling abroad to get Vonage. Thanks.

Sometimes the person I am talking to tells me that they can't hear me and I do not know whether is my phone or theirs. Also, when I contracted your services in Albuquerque NM, I could call anywhere in the world for the same monthly fee.

Vonage

Thank you so much for your review, Inge. Really happy you're enjoying Vonage service!

Original review: April 25, 2017

Always helpful with any issues I have/may have, I am very satisfied and will not change, had offers (bundle - etc. from AT&T/Xfinity +), have the best deal with Vonage and/service with you... Your operators are so helpful and want to help in any way they can. Thank you for a great service.

Vonage

Good morning, Peggy. Thank you so much for your review. I'm really pleased that we were able to make your Vonage experience a positive one.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have been very pleased with my service with Vonage and have never regretted making the change and going with Vonage. If I have had a problem with my service, the staff has always been very helpful and has settled my problems with the first call.

Vonage

Hi Claudia. Thank you so much for the positive review. I'm glad we were able to assist you with your transfer to Vonage!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I've been pleased with your telephonic services; you've called and per my request you canceled the AT&T services. I am glad that you submit my bill statement regularly (monthly & electronically and directly to my Bank of America statements.

Vonage

Thank you so much for the positive review, Pat! We do some advertising on television, social media, and other media outlets, but I'll definitely pass your feedback along to our Marketing department.

Original review: April 25, 2017

After dealing with your employees, I would like to give your company a 10! The care that they exhibit is what will keep you popular. I am glad to recommend you! More advertisement would help you a lot... Perhaps some special deals? If my daughter hadn't mentioned you, I would never have known about you.

Very good service in that I did not have to wait on the phone to speak with someone. However, this representative explained things a bit differently than previous representatives that I have spoken to recently in regard to my upcoming move to Mexico. I just hope he is correct.

Vonage

Thank you for the positive review, Benjamin. I'm sorry that you had issues in the beginning with getting your issue resolved, but I'm thankful that it was finally taken care of!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I had an issue with voicemail that was in conflict between my ground-line and cellphone. For over two months technicians didn't quite solve the problem; some of the technicians including a supervisor told me they will call me back but never did. Yesterday, was my last attempt to seek help. A technician by the name of Adrian helped solve the problem for me. He was patient and courteous.

I am exploring using another phone service provider. I recently called with the issue of callers not being able to hear me. I was told that it was the firewall on my modem. I was told I had to deactivate the firewall in order for it to work properly. I've never had to do this in the past. When I asked if there were alternative ways, I was told "no". I was also not given any explanation as to how my home network was going to remain safe with no firewall. I am not comfortable with this and will be finding another provider.

Service is almost perfect. My only complaint is related to the numerous emails that I receive soliciting me to "start service". I have been a consistent client for many years!! I have called on two occasions to stop the emails and in spite of being assured that this would be corrected, I still continue to receive solicitation emails.

Vonage Company Profile