Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Vonage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 9, 2021

Vonage started charging me double the usual charge without checking with me. They should have sent the email before renewing and charging me double the usual amount. I requested them to refund my money and they smugly said that they won't, and not even pro-rated basis. They canceled the service immediately even for the month that they have already charged me $50+.

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience, Rohit. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: April 6, 2021

NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Beware, you will lose business as I did. We depend on communications through the phone. If you are a business, DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE OF GOING TO VONAGE BUSINESS. Go with other companies instead. For as big as this company is, it is Very Poorly managed.

Vonage response

We're very sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Fernando. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 5, 2021

I've used Vonage for over 10 years, and decided to cancel in December 2020. It's now April and they have since taken 3 more payments. The cancellation dept is non existent. It's as if this is a bogus co.

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Mustafa. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 31, 2021

I am a Vonage customer. In 2020 I reported a particular problem. After a very long wait, I was told it was fixed. However, it was not fixed. I called back and reported the same problem. Vonage was not able to pull up the records from my last call. They, again, told me the problem was fixed. However, it was NOT fixed. I called back yet AGAIN on the same matter. After a long wait, I got the same exact thing. The representative couldn't find any history on the matter. I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisors are busy with other customers.

I said this is my THIRD time calling about the SAME problem that originated in 2020, so why is it that everyone else is a higher priority than myself at this point. The customer service representative had no answer. So here I am, THREE attempts to fix a problem, and I find myself looking into the eyes of a business that has demonstrated zero ability to solve the problem. To make matters worse, I was told this should be easy to fix.

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Ronald. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 24, 2021

I am an international consultants working with clients all over the world. I cannot see any messages from my clients since a few weeks. I have a Grandstream Model HT801. I called Vonage, some consultant not really knowing about resolving the issue, just disconnected the call. I have been a client of Vonage for 20 years and made a lot of people subscribe to Vonage. I am VERY disappointed that my issue is NOT being taken care in a professional way, it seems that people being confined do not take the issue seriously as they used to at Vonage. So I will probably find a new phone co and never promote Vonage again in my life. VERY disappointed. I had this clients messages issue and it never been resolved. IT is a VERY unprofessional attitude coming from a service co.

Vonage response

We're very sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Jean-Pierre. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have been a Vonage customer for over 10 years with no issue. However, I decided to port a second number over to Vonage in November and dutifully filled out the Number Transfer Authorization form. It's been over four months since I started the process. It seems that Vonage has sent the wrong account information over to my old phone company (things like omitting my first name, abbreviating Trail to TRL, using a four digit zip instead of the 5+4 method, dropping off my account number). I've made well over 30 calls to "customer service" to no avail and have spoken to the third party authorization (who says they can't verify any of my data and that every has already been verified) way too many times. I've offered to send Vonage my bill from the old phone company which shows all my billing and account information, but that won't work according to the representatives.

Every representative that I've spoken with has guaranteed me that everything "is fine and will be handled". I even canceled the process a month ago in order to start anew. However, the old incorrect data is embedded somewhere in the Vonage system. I need to compliment all the Vonage representatives for being wonderfully dismissive to the needs of their customers. Perhaps the only solution is to cancel my accounts and to start over with another VOIP company. John ** (How can you mess up a name that only has 7 letters!)

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, John. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 12, 2021

We've had Vonage service for almost 15 years and all was going well. We recommended them to friends and family but in the past 4 years the service has deteriorated and the past year has been horrendous!!!! I can't make a call anymore without it being choppy. I can't have a conversation with anyone using vonage. The worst part is their customer service. They have blamed our internet, our modem, our router...everything on our end but nothing at their end because they are perfect!!! We have tried every modem and router in town...We have high speed internet. Nothing!!! I am done done done done with Vonage. Stay as far away from them as possible!!! Their customer service is useless and clueless!! Only once were we connected to their NJ office senior technicians who were able to help for a while. After that it was impossible to reach that department again. Stay away from them!!!

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Cherine. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: March 9, 2021

I can't believe how this company treats its customers. I was with them for about a year using several different numbers. I had to call in about once a week for technical support because something wasn't working right. I finally found a company to switch to that I tested and worked with 0 issues and I started the port process and then canceled the account before the billing cycle renewed. They sent me a bill for the following month and to this day say I still owe them money. It doesn't matter I constantly had problems, it doesn't matter their service didn't work well or the apps. I still owe them money for not using their service. I would not use them again if someone paid me to do so. Horrible!

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Josiah. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have had Vonage for more than 10 years. Was a great service until about a year or two ago. Now it seems to be a scam. I have no access to my phone. I can not access customer service through my account (so when they tell you to contact them privately through your account it may not be possible). I clicked on their chat option from the website: "Vonage - VoIP Phone Service For Home, Business & International Calling. Please wait while you are connected to an available agent. Your position in queue: 89:26." But now more than two hours. I combed my account for cancelation information. It does not exist only to say they can charge me up to $150 for cancelation (new terms I never agreed to - who would?).

Vonage response

We're really sorry to hear about your difficulties with Vonage, Jade. We'd like the chance to work with you to make things right. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number so we can work on the problem as soon as we can.

-The Vonage Team

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I currently have Vonage and I'm not happy. I switch my residential line to a business one because I was informed by an agent that my caller ID would say my business name. Come to find out that didn't happened so now I'm stuck with a contract for and entire year. Also, I was informed that I was only going be paying a little over $40 and my bill was over $60. When I asked them, they said I had extra add-on's on there and I need to remove them. I did that and keep looking at my portal to make sure the price was right. Then, I was charged $60 again and they said that I was charged for add-ons I removed.... I even had two case numbers to prove my point. THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

Vonage response

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been going right so far, Bryan. We'd really like to help fix the problem. Please send us a private response with your Vonage account or phone number and we'll do our best to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

Vonage author review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information