Call toll free
2.09/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Make and receive calls using your home phone service anywhere you use a smartphone, know who’s calling your home number. Different from call forwarding, this new functionality allows shared use of a family’s home phone identity. Calls made to the home phone number will now ring on mobile phones at the same time so anyone in the household can immediately take important calls from doctors, children’s schools, home improvement professionals, friends and family. Gives you a second identity on your mobile phone and more control over when, how and where you communicate. HomePhone. Anywhere.

Vonage Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2273 Vonage Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

Vonage allows only fifty (50) numbers on a block list. With ever increasing incidences of robo-calls, political calls soliciting money, charitable organizations soliciting contributions and the like the measly fifty numbers I am allowed to block is inadequate in today's frenetic environment. Repeated telephone calls begging for money are more than annoying and wouldn't you know!!! such unscrupulous solicitors often target family "meal times" 4:30 - 6:30 PM.

I suggest you modify Vonage Residential service to allow up to five hundred numbers on each customer's block list. Yes! 500. BTW I would be willing to pay a little more per month for an expanded block list as an Add On i.e $5 per hundred additional block number slots. Smart phones now have the ability to identify a "scam" call. Please investigate whether or not Vonage could offer a Block Scams option or simply block scam calls by default. By the way I really love my Vonage VOIP phone service. Please keep up the good work guys. Thank You. Vernon **.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Continue to have trouble, on and off, with deterioration of quality of voice on both ends of call during contacts with persons in Panama. Reported to customer service on a number of occasions, it would clear up, then problem would repeatedly reoccur.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have been a Vonage customer since the company got started. The service has been and is outstanding. We make a lot of international calls and calls all over the USA. The Quality is always first rate and the service has been consistent and dependable. I have recommended Vonage to my neighbors, my family, and friends.

Vonage response

Hi Jerry,

We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Regards,

Jeff N
Vonage Executive Response Team
Vonage Corporate Headquarters Holmdel NJ, USA

Available Mon thru Fri 9:30am to 6:00pm ET

Original review: March 22, 2019

I get numerous telemarketer calls every day. I am on the do not call list and also signed up for no more robo, but I still get these calls. I wish Vonage had the ability to screen and eliminate telemarketer and robo calls.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Everything it is ok. And I have a very quality of service and communication. Particularly, when I am able to contact foreign and local friends and family members, and with them I'm speaking daily or every week. I'm also feel anxious and worried when there is any world incident and Vonage let me call immediately any place in the world to make provide me relief.

Vonage response

We really appreciate you taking the time to review Vonage so favorably. We're so glad to hear that you're able to take advantage of the service whenever, and however you need it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

First the usual consumer feedback background. Although Vonage's site indicates that we've been Vonage customers for over 13 years, we've actually been with this company for over 15 years (evidently, after our move, our profile was reset, despite that service was never interrupted). Communications with Vonage support, what they label as "support," has been a terrible, a struggle at best with the most simple, what should've been, basic, easy questions and answers. As just one out of many examples, when briefly attempting to explain to Vonage contract support staff (India) in very simple, straightforward terms issues we were having accessing our voicemail setup (specifically, changing our message) and NOT the INITIAL voice mail setup, Vonage contract support representatives instructed us to access the voice mail setup, using a temporary password.

When asked why we needed to use a temp password, one representative replied that is what is required when initially setting up voicemail! We repeated (FOUR times!) that we were NOT setting up our initial voicemail, but rather attempting to only change our voicemail greeting. Nonetheless, the Vonage “support” representative repeated his instructions on procedures for setting up initial, insisting that this was an initial setup, vs. simply changing our message. This particular support issue started with the Vonage system not recognizing our current PIN number, after only having used that SAME PIN to access Vonage features the day prior.

Once more, the above issue is just one out of many poor service issues with Vonage. So, is Vonage a good service? Sure, even great service…if there’s no need to interact with Vonage’s contract India support centers for even the simplest, most basic questions. Otherwise, interacting with that contract support is absolutely terrible. Tantamount to attempting to have a conversation with someone through a 6-inch thick plexiglass window. That “support” hasn’t gotten any worse over the past 15+ years, since we don’t believe it could be any worse, however, nor has it improved even the slightest.

In the past we gave strong references to our vast network of neighbors, friends, relatives, business acquaintances, etc but now avoid mentioning Vonage’s name in those communications. Suggestion for Vonage (not that Vonage C-Level reads these comments), if you don’t want to pay the higher costs of using U.S. based support for U.S. based customers, outsource to the folks in the Philippines, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, etc. From experience, the folks in those countries seem to have an admirably strong grasp of the English language, including outstanding comprehension.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company is horrible at their customer service and response time. I had a horrible experience with a rep named Jamaiah. Her snotty attitude really sparked me the wrong way and I was on the phone with her for over an hour. When I asked to speak to a manager, she told me that Mikko ** was calling me as soon as we got the phone. Of course this was a lie. I called back to Vonage because I suspected she didn't actually inform Mikko and I was able to obtain his email. I emailed and informed him that I expected a call back that day and that Jamiah had referred him to me. No response from Mikko. Called back at the end of the NEXT day and spoke with Yens ** and made it VERY clear that I expected someone to call me next business day.

True to Vonage's past history there has been no call back to me. This is not the first time I have had horrible experience with this company. I have so many complaints. I cannot even begin to list them all but this is an escalated situation with this company. I have now left a message with the Exec. Response Team with Vonage and am dubious I will hear back from them. I will go to as many places and tell as many people as I can how horrible this company has been to work with. By the way, we use this company for our business but rest assured we will be looking at other options moving forward. Just terrible, terrible, terrible.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Will start with the good side of their product. Their landline service is decent and no complaints on that. However I had the worst customer care experience with Vonage that they are forcing people to stick to their plan by giving on the fly promotions (they offered me multiple discounts in a call I made to cancel the service, starting at $24 to $19 to $9 to $4) and the worst part is I had to spend one whole hour on their line to get it connected to the right department. Cancelling a service should be as simple as clicking a button in their online account which they don't provide. Rather people have to spend hours on a phone line to get it disconnected. Such a horrible and ridiculous customer care support.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I have signed up for the services on 28th of June 2019 by a salesperson name Kliff ** and the very next day they have suspended my account saying their verification team marked it as a fraud, when I have asked them on what basis they have marked it fraud they didn't had any answer and gave me a number to fraud department to leave a voicemail, I did all but never received any call from them. I also have sent email but they never revert back to the email as well and when today I called up the customer care number and asked them for the refund they just disconnected my call. They are just running a scam. My account number is **.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have had Vonage house phone for about 5 years and hardly ever use it. I called to cancel the service and was on hold for over half an hour. The customer service agent, when she finally came on the line, asked me a barrage of questions and gave advice as to why I need to keep the phone. After repeatedly telling her I do not want the phone, all I need is for her to cancel it and send a confirmation email. It's been now a month and it's still not canceled and they are billing me for it. They do not allow you to cancel online, you must call in and talk with their unprofessional customer service agents. I would not recommend them to anyone and I will tell everyone I meet to not use Vonage.

Vonage expert review by Ellen Muraskin

An industry-leading provider of telecommunications services, Vonage offers a complete range of VoIP solutions for home, business and on the go.​

• Business packages: First known for their residential service, Vonage offers a robust suite of small business services, including contact center, video conferencing and CRM integration.

• Unified communications: Unified communications across Vonage's private, managed MPLS network ensures quality audio and no dropped calls.

• Discounts: By signing up for a one-year contract, users can enjoy annual contract discounts.

• MobileConnect: Vonage’s MobileConnect app links your business extension to your mobile device, letting you make mobile calls through your Vonage Business phone service.

• Free calls to landlines and mobile phones: Calling is free to landlines in more than 60 countries and to mobile phones in 10. Rates to other countries are competitive with other VoIP providers and are based on calling plan.

• Best for: Residential users, salespeople and small businesses.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Vonage Company Information