toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

Vonage

JL. We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I have been a Vonage customer since November 2014 and I have to say that it has always been great service and the team has always been very helpful. I used to have (until it was stolen) a USB drive that I could connect to my computer and make calls wherever I was. They value the fact that I have been a customer for such a long time. I think many service providers (e.g. AT&T) could learn a lot from this great company. Keep the good work!

Vonage

Eric! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Service has never been interrupted! Love the extensions app for my smartphone. I can make and take calls using my home line. I have a 2 line box even though I only have one line. A few months ago the line died. It was actually the port on my device. Customer service was able to quickly troubleshoot and switch my line to port 2. This is the only issue I have had in almost 10 years!!

Vonage

Thank you, Theodore! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Service has been reliable and dependable.

Many times I hear distracting noises during calls. And friends have complained of hearing a echo when I call them. I sometimes hear it too. These sounds are very annoying. Please do something about this problem.

Resolution In Progress

I bought Vonage to use it for international calls. I used vonage extensions application to do that. I had a disaster experience with it. Everytime I called someone, after 30 second to 1 minute, I used to hear the whole conversation from the beginning. I called Vonage and asked for their help. The disaster part was their customer service. Everytime I called a new person used to answer verifying me for ten minutes and then hearing about my problem and just referring me to a new person. The new person again started verifying me from the beginning! So I spent so many times just to get to someone who can see what the problem is! At the end they couldn't do anything about it. One time I decided to just buy another service and it was the best decision I made! When I called vonage to cancel it, they charged me $113 since it was a one year contract!!!

So, I don't recommend anyone to put themselves in such a disaster, waste so many times with a support system in which you feel like you are talking with robots with no sense of understanding! Vonage wasted so much of my time, energy and money! And I have to say that two of my other friends have the same problem! Their system doesn't work and just there isn't anybody who cares! And I have to say that I am always a positive person and never complain about anything! This is almost the first time I am so angry that I want to tell someone what a bad time this company has made for me!

Resolution In Progress

Through the life of my Vonage account (8 months), the phone constantly dropped calls. This was Vonage's fault, not my ISP. Their service was terrible. When I canceled they throw a 71.33 early termination charge. First off even if I had to pay an early termination it should have been 25. Where is that other 56.33 coming from? They refuse to refund the wrong early termination charge. I will definitely contact a lawyer to find out what can be done and make sure they pay for their bad service. The service was also only supposed to be 9.95 a month and was always twice that, so they were getting paid double for every month of service.

Vonage

Thank you, B.J.! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I LOVE your user friendly website!! Get too many unidentifiable calls on my caller id. Also at times, I get strange recorded messages saying my call cannot connect, when dialing a local number. I love the clarity and availability of the international calling on Vonage. I recently changed my Vonage to a lower rate plan, to save. This "special offer" was made to loyal customers, for their loyalty. That in itself felt good. I was paying around 40. per month, and now my plan is 19.95. I do hope that means a substantial savings, and don't end up paying a whole lot in taxes and fees. I'm hoping this $19.95 means that I will pay LESS than $30. after taxes, and not more. THEN, I can surely say that switching to Vonage is worthwhile, and recommend it to others, who use other services.

Vonage

Hello Elaine! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Agent I spoke to was very kind and helpful. I really appreciated how he was mindful of my concerns and explained everything to me so that I understood my bill. He made me feel that my questions and concerns were important to him. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vonage?

Vonage

Great feedback, Thomas! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

So far, the service has been great. Call quality is at least as good as our old land line and customers service is prompt and courteous. Best of all, they were able to port over my old land line number which we've had for many years. I would recommend Vonage to friends and family.

Vonage

Thank you, Judith ! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I needed to find out if I was supposed to have phone calls forwarded to my cell phone if not answered on the home phone. The agent said yes but it was turned off and she said she could fix it. She was very patient and courteous and called me to make sure it was working properly. Your agent did a great job. Thank you.

Vonage

Melissa! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I'm very pleased and I like the service. I like the fact I could have a mainline for my mom. Thank you. I can Work at ease and that means a lot to me and very important. The customer service is helpful. They're very patience and easily to explain and doesn't make you different or belittle you.

Vonage

Many thanks for the feedback Kirby! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with our service!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I love Vonage. I had it in Arizona for years, but I could not use it once I moved to Texas, because I had such poor internet service. Once I got internet service that would support Vonage I changed over. I am now saving myself $50 a month.

Vonage

Yvonne! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

My LINKSYS router was issued 2004. Recently I have contacted Vonage because of multiple dropped and noisy calls. I was given instructions to troubleshoot with my internet carrier. I did. I even replaced my telephones. Problems continued. Decided that after trying all other options suggested I called for a replacement router. The tech support person was awesome. He listened to my concerns/frustrations and agreed to replace the router. It came in the mail yesterday; connected it today and so far, so good. I believe the tech support person was Yugamdhai???

Vonage

Thank you, Wayne! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

We are now nationwide for less than our previous provider and glad we switched. Why don't you? This is not an ad and I do not get paid for saying this. What are you waiting for? All the features included. Also never miss a call. Hook up your cell phone to your landline.

Vonage

Great feedback, Roz! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Excellent phone service at a reasonable rate for international calls. Calls are easily connected and clear. The low cost means that more time can be spent connecting with friends and family without worrying about cost. Family and friends also enjoy the time spent together.

Vonage

Lourdes! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

This has been such a reliable resource :). I actually previously only used my cellular telephone which had very choppy service and so now I'm wonderfully pleased with the service that Vonage has provided :-). I would very much highly recommend this to all. Thank you so much!

I am a Vonage customer since 2013. Recently I have made a call to customer care to please to reduce my monthly charge. I have been informed that, since I am a valid customer my monthly charge has been reduced from 29.99$ to 19.99. I was so happy and I did double to confirmed about that plan details and been informed that there is no change in the plan but only the monthly charge reduced to 19.99$. But later I realized that the amount reduction happened because my plan had been changed from unlimited to 500 mins. and due to that the extra usage minutes bumped up and that cause me to pay extra amount to Vonage. This is really a dissatisfied moment and I had a feeling that why should I continue as a Vonage customer. I am totally unhappy with the service. Anyway thanks for giving me chance to present my grievance.

Vonage

Thank you, Eugene! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Easy to use. I like the process where voice mails are transcribed and emailed. Great idea on part of Vonage. There is nothing else to say except that I like Canada being part of the network included as a part of the base service.

Vonage

Curtis, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will take your suggestions to help us improve upon our service.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Hard to understand. Talked too fast. Told me what I already knew. The person was very nice and friendly but she did talk very fast and I had to ask her to slow down. She finally did slow down after I talk to her. I was asking a question about my brother fax machine a new machine that I just bought and maybe she didn't have the information for that. I could understand that if that was the case.

Vonage

Thank you, Brenda! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

A great value for the $. The calls are clear and you can use anywhere at anytime. I recommended your service to my friend Margaret **. She loves the service and is willing to recommend her friends. She says it is very clear, also.

Vonage

Thank you, Satish! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Ashmita provided excellent service and was very courteous and polite and helpful. I appreciate good service provided by Vonage. I will recommend Vonage to my friends. Keep up the good work. Thank you for everything. I had hard time in the beginning. But not anymore.

Vonage

Thank you, Richard ! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

My Vonage cable phone works well, better than my other landline phone from Century-link. I recommend this to anyone looking to switch Phone providers. I signed-up for my Vonage phone because my Century-link land line kept going out one time for over a week, the customer service was and is very poor. I tried the Vonage cable (internet) phone service and I am more than happy with the service.

Vonage

Great feedback, Wayne! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

In the years I have been a customer of Vonage, service has been above and beyond by any standard. From the quality of service to customer support I could not be more pleased. The ability to use the desktop application to manage your account is great. Great job to all Vonage employees!

Vonage

Great feedback, Carla! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the customer service that we provide! Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Great CService, pricing and so much more. Overall Vonage is the BOMB so to speak. Very affordable. Easy to take with you if you travel. Still trying to figure out though how to make it work through my cell phone when out of town or country. Love you all!

Vonage

Many thanks for the feedback, Mohinder! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with our service!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I love the service. It is amazing. It is value for money. Great customer service. I am using this service from last 10 years. I never had any problems. There is no other service provider who can offer this great quality at this price. I will recommend this to others.

In Mexico, Merida. Using Vonage I've had a few dropped calls! Can be frustrating when you're in the midst of a conversation. Why must I keep writing to simply get a point across to you. It seems endless and a waste of precious time.

Vonage

Thank you, Joanne! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

In a Nutshell "TOTALLY SATISFIED". I have only good things to say, who knows what the future holds, but as of now Excellent service!! I would definitely recommend Vonage to anyone!! The customer service reps are pleasant and knowledgeable, it's refreshing!

Vonage

Great feedback, Michael! We genuinely appreciate and value your opinion. We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I have been using Vonage since 03/06/2010, and would not even consider changing to anyone else! I have never had a problem of any kind, and the call forwarding to my cell phone ensures that I never miss an important call. The call block stops annoying robocalls.

Vonage

Thank you, Kathy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I have had no problems with my service. Your customer service is knowledgeable and helpful. I like the call forwarding feature. I get a little laugh when someone leaves a message and I read the message in my email. The message is not exactly as the message that was left.

The last 2 weeks when I called my daughter (in London) the communication has been cut 3-4 times each time. Also in the last month I noticed when I dialed does not connect me sometimes. Sometimes I need to dial 3-4 times in order to get through. This both things are kind of new.

Resolution In Progress

When I got registered with Vonage (12th jan-02-2017) they suspended my account on the same day by saying it is a fraud account. When I asked how, they said, "Your phone no. is associated with a company". Then I told them it is an Indian personal phone number, but they denied to give services. I said "Okay". But after 15-16 days later they charged my account with $36.25. When I called them they said, "You have an existing balance." When I explained them that "The services were stopped on the same day when I was registering with you so how can you charge me for no services?"

After few days later they said, "You have to call to billing for the refund because it's a fraud department". And then when I called billing they said you have to call to the fraud department, transferring my calls from 1 department to other. They are not showing proof or any information about my charge or any services I used. They also attempted my bank account twice after 3 days later. When I asked why you did they gave no answer. I really disappointed by Vonage. How can they do this?

Vonage

Thank you, Naga! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the right product to fulfill your needs.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I believe I am getting my money's worth with Vonage. When I have an issue, the customer support helps me out. What else can I ask for? Based on my past experience, I am confident that Vonage will be there when I need!

Vonage

Richard! We’re delighted you took the time to provide your positive experience with Vonage! It is our aim to provide the best products and services for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I can honestly tell you that tonight I was extremely frustrated with the set up of my Vonage system. I was put through to a wonderful lady in tech support. She was patient, friendly, great sense of humor (it took almost an HOUR to troubleshoot a complex firewall issue) and very knowledgeable. If this is a sign of things to come I am looking forward to being a Vonage customer for life!!! THANK YOU!!! I highly recommend Vonage!

Vonage Company Profile