1.06/5
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

37 Vodacom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I'm not happy at all with Vodacom right now, I will never even recommend it to anyone. I lodged an upgrade fraud case in April and sent my ID copy and affidavit as they requested, even today I have not received any feedback from them. On the 20th June 2018 Vodacom tried to debit R14 900,43 from my bank account for an upgrade that I did not do. I had to reversed the amount of R1700 in August. Now I’m receiving calls from them saying I must make an arrangement to pay. I keep on sending emails to request feedback from the fraud department but I do not receive any response. Today I received a call from their legal department saying they are handing me over to ITC if I don't pay the arrears. I cannot deal with this inconvenience in my life. I have a lot to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My problem started when I requested to cancel my Vodacom contract. I was told that I have to pay for outstanding amount and also early cancellation fee which amounted to R683. That amount I paid later when I have to apply for finance. I was told I was behind with Vodacom payments. I called Vodacom to ask what is the amount I am owing is for, they told me that I have to pay about R381 for early cancellation. That was unbelievable. But I paid it anyway. Then I requested a settlement letter. The consultant told me that she has requested it and I should wait for 48 hours. I waited a week still no letter.

I called again to follow-up. The consultant told me she is requesting it and I should wait for 48 hours again. Now I was getting very angry. I waited. On the third week now I called to tell them I have not received the letter, here I was talking to a lady called Dimakatso and she told me that she is requesting and I should wait for 48 hours again. I truly can't believe a short letter like this can take 3 weeks to get. Vodacom is a Real disappointment. Their service is BAD. They must be ashamed. They are destroying their own name.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I went to Vodacom Gateway with today being cyber Monday, I was interested in taking a contract. The store closes at 19h00 on a Monday and I arrived at the store at 17h45. There were a lot of staff visible and without customers so after waiting approximately 15 minutes with no attendance I tried to investigate why, I was told that because it was an hour before the store closes they only have 3 sales people available and all were busy. With it being Cyber Monday I found that stranger and then asked for the store manager, I was told he left for the day.

I then tried calling the store. I could hear the phone ring but none of the staff (approx 8 without customers and doing nothing) just ignored the phone ringing. When I walked up to the counter with 2 staff of which one was assisting a customer and asked if they could not hear the phone ring I was told that they assist instore customers first, I then pointed out the number of staff available and doing nothing and the guy just ignored my comment.

Where is the point in having such a big fancy store with so many visible staff but no one to assist. After a 30 min wait I saw a sales person only to be informed that I could not complete my application because the details of a contract that I canceled last year was not take of the system. He asked me if I informed them to remove my details? I canceled my contract... why would I gave to ask them to remove my details? Very dissatisfied in the service levels at such a reputable organization... do staff get the proper training when employed?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My wife was duped into renewing a 24-month contract telephonically. Cancellation fee: 75% of remainder of contract = R4000 (excluding phone). MTN/CellC charge 1 month subscription at worst. Who wants to do business with a company this hostile to consumers? No more business with them, EVER!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I approached the Vodacom Shop at Cape Gate at 19:55 on 26:10:2018 and noticed a consultant standing behind a closed door. I then gestured to him that I wanted to come in. He then opened the door and a told him I was there to pay my account. He then told a female consultant and she replied that the system is offline.

I then queried the as to why the system was offline and that's when the male consultant told me that the shop is closed to which I then brought his attention to the time. I then told him that I have a business and I cannot close my doors on a client 5 minutes before the advertised closing time and that I had an obligation to help the client. He then asked me of my system does credit vetting to which I replied yes and that's when he got sarcastic and said in that case they should upgrade their system. When I asked him for his name he then asked me if I wanted his I.D. number too and if I would remember the long number. I am totally disgusted in the attitude and customer treatment by the particular individual. Vodacom prides itself with "Customer Care" so I hope something will be done concerning my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vodacom?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Vodacom has once again messed up, I am really sick and tired of these big companies thinking they can get away with murder. They phoned my husband a month ago offering an upgrade on our 3G Recorded call can be checked), we would now get more data at a lower cost, he told them to go ahead. A few days later he checked his account and noticed it was not an upgrade but a whole new product, he promptly phoned and told them to cancel immediately. Yesterday none of our phones were working and got a message that the account had been suspended.

After phoning customer care we were told that it was because the account was over the credit limit because of the new product that was add and the cancellation had not gone through as yet. Firstly - they lied about the product being an upgrade, then have the cheek to suspend our account for their error, they unlocked the phones last night, GUESS WHAT? The phone is again suspended this morning, we have five phones on this account and I am looking at canceling each and every account! Vodacom your services suck and your work ethic even more so! - I am going to recommend to each and every media site I can - DO NOT use Vodacom.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have ported my number from Cell C to Vodacom on the 13 July 2018, Till today the 18 July 2018 my number is still not active. I want to take a contract with Vodacom. Been to the store at the Valley Center, where they ported this number but can’t do anything. I am really angry and frustrated as my business cards has this number on and I don't have phone to use. Hence me losing business for days now while Vodacom doesn't even have proper agents to assist me. I have been to the store many times and called in wasting much of my time as my business stands still.

CAN'T VODACOM LET THEIR CLIENTS KNOW BEFORE TIME OR BEFORE PORTING ABOUT THEIR ISSUES. So I could have went to a more reliable network!! Honestly I am so disappointed and angry. I feel like taking this matter further to social media and everywhere to let people know about this poor service received from Vodacom. Can Vodacom please just activate my card.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was assisted by one of the interns in the shop. It seemed there was no one that was willing to assist him because he kept on going in and out of the staff room. When I asked one of the shop assistant ladies she told me that I must be patient. The guy will assist me. Then eventually he came out of the room and went to another lady on the far end of the shop, she refused to assist me stating that my number is behind the other customer that came in after me. At that time I got frustrated that no one was willing to assist me. I then turned and went to a lady in the middle on table 9, asked her where is another Vodacom shop then she told me this is the only shop in Middelburg and then she went as far as shouting and informing me that I did not explain my request well that I deserved the service I am getting.

I told her she cannot talk to me like that and also demanded the manager, she pointed at the intern guy to say he is her manager. I then asked for her name. She was hiding her name tag when I moved closer. She assaulted by slapping me with her hand. I am really dissatisfied with their level of service and want action to be taken against the lady who assaulted me and also the lady that refused to assist me even though she was aware that I was in the shop 15 minutes earlier. The intern then started chasing me out of the shop because I was taking pictures of him and the lady that slapped me.

The service delivery at Middelburg Vodacom shop it is very bad, a lot of people are complaining and this was not the first time I receive bad service. I have taken it up with the Vodacom management. They have not come back to me regarding the issue that happened early in March 2018. I even went back to the shop, I was promised to be contacted but nothing has happened.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had in 2017 contacted Vodacom to adjust my contract based on my affordability. Spoke to a consultant in Midrand ** who adjusted my contract so that for the 3 lines I would have paid R579 per month. On 2 of my lines I was offered data the original 750mb that came with the package and I was given a further promotional 1gb per day and night for each day in the month according to her. After numerous issues with the adjustment I had finally spoken to a "team leader" Veronica who promised all will be done and dusted. With still not receiving the full benefit of the 1gb data that had been offered I called back on 15 Dec 2017.

I spoke to Zanele and she gave me a whopping 5 gig data for two of my contract lines just to compensate for not receiving the 1 gig earlier in the year. This was confirmed by her "supervisor" Louisa on that very same day. Following this I had eventually received the data as promised only to follow with a massive bill since then. Instead of paying the R239 which was the value of the package I now has to pay R494-67. I had already paid for the excessive bill at the end of Dec 2017 and end of Jan 2018. I went in to a Vodacom outlet to pay my bill due at the end of Feb 2018. To my surprise it was R826-00 and was told my bill for the new month is R830-66.

On following up with Vodacom I spoke to Gladwin on 06 March 2018. I had then learn that I had apparently subscribed to a Vodacom thing called VLive. He had told me in his capacity representing Vodacom at the time of my call that he will escalate the matter to the accounts department and I would received a credit for the billing of this subscription and would have all access to subscriptions removed from all my lines, and with regards to how this subscription appeared on my phone as I am not a youngster interested in silly subscriptions and applications and games, so he said he would refer my matter to the "Solutions department". I then confirmed that all will be done as discussed and he said he was going to transfer me to another department where I would be assisted further.

The call didn't go through so I called back and spoke to Tanda, I wanted to go through to the "Solutions Dept." to which I was told does not exist, to my surprise I asked to be further directed and as pleasant as Tanda was he offered to try and help me and on looking into my account had told me he saw what had been done and that I now have that same rubbish subscription that I had asked to be removed from 1 line is now on my other line instead of being removed entirely. I then asked to speak to manager or supervisor and had the Assistant Manager Phindile ** who came on to the line. He refused to just listen to my matter and kept interrupting the conversation. It seemed to me that it his job to aggravate an already angry customer. He had also upset me further by insinuating that I downloaded this same subscription, he also stated that what Gladwin had given me to understand that Gladwin was new and didn't know much as did Tanda.

I tried to explain to him that it's of no matter to me as to my knowledge I called Vodacom and Gladwin assisted me on representing the company in his capacity. In Mr ** attempts to thwart my efforts into resolving my matter I immediately called back and had spoken to a Nondumiso and had immediately asked to speak to a manager or supervisor. I then spoke to a very pleasant Naseem **. He had at least heard my very long matter and then told me to check my phones using *117#. This is apparently used to check to see if you are subscribed to anything, this would have been extremely handy to know then I would never have paid all the excessive bills from Dec 2017. But on checking using this number there were no subscriptions on any of my lines. Naseem had stated that he was going to escalate my matters to all the relevant departments and they will revert to me.

Two days following the massive noise I raised as I refused to have to pay for money wasting subscriptions that I have never wanted I had checked my phone using the *117# and to my shock had noticed a subscription called Vidplace now on my phone. I then called and yet again raised this matter with Nassem. On 16 Mar 2018 Candice from the billing team sent me an email in which she had stated that she cannot state anything around how the subscription appeared as it was done via my sim card. Oh and she was so kind to have insulted me and give a refund of a measly R30-70 excl vat too. I have been paying in excess of about R300-00 since December and she insults me with that credit.

I had some investigation since this matter with other subscriptions and surprisingly enough there are no sms notifications when one gets a Vodacom subscription. If they wanted to bill me for the 5 gig data they should've stated so rather than to steal from me. I wonder what more are our sim cards capable of doing without human input. I am entirely dissatisfied with Vodacom.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Everyday I play on the Vodacom competition, and yesterday (14/03/2018) I played and I received R150.00, bonus airtime, which I tried to use during the day, and the last call I made at 4.00pm yesterday lasted for about 10 mins and Vodacom started deducting my airtime, now this is not the first time that my airtime goes missing every month. I experience the same but I'm too busy to lay a complaint, but this is becoming annoying because Vodacom is getting away with stealing and nothing can be done, I really want to cancel my contract and I don't want to hear or see them again... I have been with Vodacom for over 10 years. They have rotten service...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Modem broke: 2017/12/10. 2017/12/11 Tried to log fault on Vodacom business self service portal. Vodacom web system did not work. Could not log call. Message - I do not have the right to log a call. Logged a complained on Hellopeter.com. Vodacom phoned me. Randall from Cape Town offices promised to send me necessary info via SMS to enable me to connect via another modem. 2017/12/12 Received SMS from Randall stating that he escalated my problem and that somebody would phone me. 2017/12/12 I phoned Vodacom support. I was referred to Jonathan form which the contract was originally bought.

2017/12/13 Jonathan promised to find out what modem I could use and to give me the info to connect via such a modem. He phoned later to tell me that according to contract I can only use the same modem and he will source one for me. Phoned Johanathan 2017/12/14 - he did not answer. Posted on Hellopeter asking for help on 13/12/2017 - nobody replied or phoned me. Spoke to Jonathan on 15/12/2017 - can only have a modem with me in 14 days + courier time.

16/1/2018. Tried to phone Johathan. Voicemail. Left a message. No response. Complained on Social Media. Got reply back that I should email. Send a mail to social.media@vodacom.co.za with all relevant information. Got a reply that they are looking into my problem. Nothing happened to date (24/1/2018). Logged a complaint on HelloPeter on 24/1/2018. Got message that somebody will phone me. Nobody phoned to date. The problem is now ongoing for two months and my costs to date is more than R5000.00. I dealt with VODACOM - not with an individual called Jonathan. Why can Vodacom not solve the problem?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have a 10 gig Top Up contract with Vodacom. That is R319 per month. Yesterday I saw that it was already R1744.72. I phoned them and they told me I had an open line. I argued. I checked my contract and it clearly states that it is a Top Up contract. This morning I found out that they changed my contract to an open line last month. Who gave them the right to do that? Also, they also told me about activities on my account which I haven't done including an airtime transfer. How is that even possible? It is a data contract! Like Mike from Durban, I live by myself and nobody has access to my sim card. How can these activities take place? Is someone from Vodacom hacking into my account? It is not the first time this has happened. It is the fourth time already! The first two times they did restore my data, but only after a great deal of back and forth. Why can't they resolve this issue once and for all?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Vodacom customer care is absolutely pathetic. I dont think it can be called customer care. The consultants are rude and think that they know it all, and when you bring something to their attention they start shouting at you. I spoke to 6 different consultants on one matter, and I received 6 different answers. The consultants are incompetent and dont know how to deal with people. I've been waiting for a matter to be rectified for a month when I was told it would be done in a week. Disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I am at this moment very annoyed at the "so called customer service". I personally phoned customer care on 26.9.2017 and changed my banking details and they promised to do it straight away, but obviously not. How difficult can this be!!! I have been to a Vodacom outlet and they said that I must contact the call center, I do not know who is not doing their job. It is now 12.10.2017.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This is not the first time and most certainly and I'm sure not the last time. I know I am not the first customer experiencing the problem and for definite not the last with data charges which are unaccounted for. Vodacom is unable to explain such charges whereby they've opened a dispute with a turnaround time of 24/48 hours yet 168 hours later still no feedback. Yet daily calls from Vodacom requesting payment of an R 9 000 bill which I refuse to pay until such time that they show me the data report of the data I'm being charged for. Nonetheless, I've been paying my Vodacom bill of the same amount that I have for years before, yet my phone has been cut twice.

Anyone that has dealt with this incompetent company would know how frustrating it is to attempt contacting their contact center, as none of them knows what is happening and being transferred to a different department in which you hope to get some answers, waiting for another 24 minutes and then the phone cuts. So to avoid such frustration I had to take a half day's leave from work to go to Vodaworld and spend another 3 hours with yet STILL no answers. Are you surprised by this? Probably not. They've promised to activate my line whilst my dispute is progress, I was promised a turnaround time of activation within 1 - 3 hours. 24hours later still no line. I'm tired of Vodacom's ridiculous service, the outrageous charges and ripping people off needs to stop.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have endless problems with Vodacom every 2 years. My mother and father have been divorced for over 15 years and I myself did the change of ownership 2 times already. We filled if forms last year when my mother did an upgrade on her account, now I need an ITC number from them for insurance purposes but they need to speak to the owner of the account which is still my father. Their system does not work at all. I have also been a customer of Vodacom but due to similar issues had enough and changed to a different service provider. They are fast to sell you something but the worst in resolving issues. 15 years people. It’s disgusting!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Roaming not working, Vodacom not interested to help. Reported this in September, no luck. Reported again in March, no luck. Was in SA past weekend and lady told me all is ok when I return to Australia - surprise surprise, not working!!! I phoned them numerous times at the call centre and now they blocked my number, so I can't phone them. Send numerous emails, no response. Tried Twitter, Hello Peter etc. they are just not interested and/or too pathetic to sort my problem out.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Worst customer experience. Called the store, dealt with Nadia and confirmed stock of Sony Xperia XA Ultra. Went to the store, signed the papers and was given a Sony Xperia XA. Upon querying, she tried to assure me that it was an ultra when it was not. Proved the phone was not an ultra, then was offered a Samsung A7 for R289 which we agreed to. Waiting for stock to arrive and didn't get a call back for 3 days. I called the store to find out what was going on and she informed me that they cannot offer me that deal anymore. I complained about the bad service and she started to get very rude. She has totally damaged my opinion of Vodacom. I will be changing my network soon.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I applied for a contract phone online and I received it, the sim card was not registered and I kept calling them over and over again. What they did is kept on making promises that the sim will be activated, I am still waiting till today. I decided I'm gonna cancel the contract and I did. They kept telling me about the system being slow and what not but strange enough... come month end they take money, they do not tell me that the system is down. I am so disappointed Vodacom.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Vodacom usually sends an SMS to notify you that your data bundle is depleted. If you don't top up data then it starts to eat up your airtime. Well I stopped receiving SMSes from Vodacom about my data been depleted. So I have had my airtime taken away. Unknowingly... More than one occasion. And I buy plus minus R1000 airtime a month. So I called Vodacom to complain. The lady said she would send an SMS to me to assist me in setting up my phone to prevent thus. Only to receive an SMS showing me how to close my apps. So problem not solved. I will be migrating to MTN. My brother migrated to MTN and is happy. He also had problems with Vodacom.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I have 5 contracts with Vodacom. One of them is a 5 Gig Data Contract, for R269-00 per month. This contract have a R300-00 cap on it which is active. Every month I have a carry over, thus I do not use all the data. My account for September was R1958-59 WITH STILL 300MB to carry over to the next month. I pay this on top of my other accounts. I started on the 1st of November with a carry over for 430MB plus my 5Gig = 5.43 GB. The very nice thing of this whole scenario is I left South Africa on 22/10/16 for Zambia. Will return on 12 December. My account is as this morning: 4Gig Left and the total payable end of month R389.12. What about the R300-00 cap?? I live alone. Nobody got access to the router. It's been switched off. Send 23 e-mails to Vodacom with no reply. By the way, there is 2 other DATA contracts as well, a 5Gig and a 10 Gig, with no cap. Do I need to get legal advice? You can contact me for my acct no.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Don't think is wise for Vodacom to advertise a phone like Priv for 299 on their app and website and when you apply they tell you, "We will deliver within 7 days" and after 10 days they tell you the device is discontinued but still advertised for more than 2 weeks again. They think people are stupid enough not to go to other networks like Cell C and MTN.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Account continuously soft locked and terrible service. I am very, very unhappy with the Vodacom in my pregnancy! Some would find this very serious if they knew what I was going through. Let's start where I have a top up contract and all of a sudden I have a credit limit??? I pay more for a top up contract so I would not be limited in any way. I phone Vodacom off my work mom's landline on Friday the 22nd July 2016 around 9 am - 10:30 am (wasted airtime and my valuable time!). The first lady I get to says I must pay this amount of R1700. In a startle I know this is not possible as I pay for my own data and airtime. Next lady then says she will put me through to the right department. Next lady says I must tell the next person I need to ask for a SR for credit limit to be taken off. Next lady I get put through to says that she doesn't know why I have credit limit if I have top up contract.

Then after nearly an hour the line ends??? Phone call two - I get through to a man and he seems to help and take off credit limit and says I am being moved to the new system. I turn off my phone and all works. Day 2. AGAIN!!! How can this be possible??? Soft locked again? I am pregnant and live alone, so I have no way of getting a phone! I then have to drive to a friend in my discomforted state and call Vodacom! I get through to the first consultant after 6 minutes and then I explain I do not have airtime to waste and if he is the right guy to help me before I have to take forever to verify my details. Then he can't help me! I then get sent through to a survey over over. I call again then get through to voicemail! Then I call again and wait forever! The lady help me and says she has put in review for this. I ask for her name and surname and she refuses to give her surname. Here is my call reference **, her name was Busi.

Now Vodacom has put me and my baby's life in danger. If I have to give birth and having contractions and my phone randomly has to be soft locked, what will I do? My service provider can actually put my life in danger. I know it's not all the time a pregnant woman has a problem but I feel for people this problem has affected where it's an emergency and their life or business is at risk.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I had called Vodafone customer care in December 2015 for adding a new number to my plan as per their new offer and visited their mini store more than 5 times and got no reply from them. In Feb 2016 their customer care executive told me to take number on 12 March 2016 and the number will be activated on 15 March 2016 and will be linked to my number from 16 March 2016 that is from my bill cycle. Till date they have not linked the new number to my number and charging rental fees from me and not even resolving my problems.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2015

Caveat: I haven't tried their competitors! Using Vodacom is not a good choice for visitors to South Africa. Their coverage seems quite good but their website and payment system are very user-hostile. Their website permanently has "technical errors". Presumably all users get these. It rarely takes overseas credit cards. If I try to top up with a non-South African credit card on their website, it occasionally works, but it usually fails with an error message: "We are sorry but due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your payment at present. Please return to the shop at a later stage and try again."

I *think* (but I'm not sure) that it works more often in South African business hours. It's never worked for me in the evenings or at weekends. Sometimes I get as far as my home bank verifying the transaction, but then Vodacom says "This is not a valid MasterCard or Visa" even though it is. The next day, the same card may work fine without changing anything. So basically you have to plan to buy vouchers at a supermarket to top up.

I rented Wi-Fi for my rented apartment. OK the cost is exorbitant compared to other countries, but I can live with that. What is really amazing is that if you use more than 30GB in a month, it won't let you purchase any more! WTF? They won't take my money! If you run out of your data allocation, it still lets you access vodacom.co.za but won’t let you access their secure payment page. So you can't buy a top-up. Back to the supermarket. This is sheer incompetence!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

I work abroad and I'm paying this account on behalf of my daughter. I reviewed my recent bank statement and noted that amounts of R7,248.37, R2,410.77, R7,517.49 and R5,300 were debited against my bank account over the past 4 months. This is a total of approximately R22,500 and prior to this, the history on the account indicates monthly billing previously equated to 6 to 7 hundred Rand per month.

Post-consultation with my daughter, she assured me that the data and cellphone was utilized with no excessive usage of telecommunications. No monthly statements from Vodacom received by myself, even though my contract states that copies be sent to my email address. I'm also aware that the data cap of 1 gig data per month was agreed upon in January this year when I accompanied my daughter to the branch in Canal Walk. Trying to resolve this matter from abroad is a nightmare. I've given my daughter the authority to transact on my behalf and she's been treated like dirt.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I have only been with this company for 1 months and I hate them more than I hated EE - which is saying something. I received a text off of Vodafone in June advising me that some charges were changing and to look at the website for more info. I did look at the website and it said that as the RPI was going to raise more than 0.9% I could cancel my contract. I wrote the letter like it told me to, sent it by recorded delivery and it was signed for on 11/07/2015. I still haven't had ANY response to this letter. I spoke to someone on the online chat thing, who tried to tell me I couldn't cancel and everyone received the text message for information purposes.

Untrue as the website said that the information only applied to the people who had received a text message from Vodafone (A blatant lie then?) I still haven't received ANY response to my email and Vodafone don't do email addresses for the public? REALLY? What company in this day and age doesn't have an email address for correspondence? Then, I got annoyed even more when someone fobbed me off with a FAKE email address. Really?! ridiculous! My mobile data (which I pay for every month) doesn't work. I constantly have to look for a wifi spot. My online account doesn't let me in, but this doesn't bother Vodafone. It bothers me though. I would actually like to look at my bill, not talk to an adviser every month. I have contacted a solicitor about this company. They are taking it further for me. This is the worst company I have ever been with. Please don't ever go with them. They are awful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

4 months ago I queried the activation of a handset that was given to me as a gift. No SIM card was provided. Shortly after I received the phone, it was activated, WITHOUT A SIM CARD. I queried how Vodacom could do such a thing, but 4 months later all I have is a bill every month for a phone I cannot use and threats that my other lines will be cut off if I do not pay the arrears immediately. This despite the fact that all my other lines (data and phone) are paid religiously every month. I have emailed, phoned Customer Support on numerous occasions, but I cannot resolve the problem. This is the culmination of about 10 years of problems with service from Vodacom. The worst service ever.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I had Vodacom contract, which the phone only worked for 6 months then it didn’t want to charge. When I took it back I was then told the phone is liquid damage. But the phone was never being to any water. The lady that deals with complain didn't even read my complain. I was told to pay or take my phone. It's not working.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

I would just like to say that Vodacom is one of the worst and pathetic telecom providers I have ever used. Most of the time their reception signal is weak and call quality is **. Your credit randomly transfers from voice to data and you can't purchase credit through a proper company interface online and use a 3rd party instead. Just now I had an online meeting for university and I was continually dropping out or locking up due to bandwidth, just for a bit of audio and webcam. Considering what is charged for mobile broadband here, the service is pathetic.

Vodacom Company Information