4.8/5 (54 ratings)

About VirtualPBX

VirtualPBX is a VoIP provider that offers business talk, texting, and video conferencing. The company provides a virtual business phone system that uses the internet to connect different lines of telephone communication. This lets employees receive phone calls anywhere in the world without using a specific call center and provides customers with easier access to support. Plans start at $16/mo.

Pros

• 99.999% uptime
  • Upfront prices
  • Free 24/7 support

Cons

• Confusing options

Bottom Line

With industry-leading uptime and 24/7 support, VirtualPBX is a reliable and helpful business phone service. There are many plan options, and its team can help deliver custom solutions.

VirtualPBX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?

Original review: July 15, 2016

We use VirtualPBX for inbound calls like a regular telephone and what is important to us is the fax functionality, voicemail, and recorded messages. Everything is working out well. VirtualPBX has been a good tool to use and as for the tech support, they've always been helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm pleased with the service.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Hassle-free experience with Virtual PBX. We were looking to start our phone service when I got a new office so we just explored the options that were there and we decided to give it a try. We use their conferencing feature the most and things have been mostly smooth, with no major break downs or outages.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I had a couple of failures on my VirtualPBX system that they resolved with us on the adapters between the telephone line and the internet. Their guy in tech support was very thorough, methodical and verified what the problem was. I have to replace two adapters and in the pricing proposal, he indicated I’d be paying $3.95 for the E911 - $1.99 initially and then recurring thereafter. I had a question about whether or not one set of those adapters would be eliminated. I reread the quote and it said that I’d have to go into the Vconsole and disable the two that I took out, so I was assuming that eliminates the extra charge. I haven’t accepted the proposal because I’ve been tied up with other things, but I intend to send them an email again asking him if that’s the case.

The fax and voice mail forwarding works fine. It helps me keep in touch and appear more responsive to my clients. I can even be out of the country and keep up on things by getting the emails. One of the lines is my residential line which my wife uses a lot. Everything is satisfactory as it's rare that I have a problem with the system.

Original review: July 12, 2016

So far VirtualPBX has been good and I have been very pleased with it. When we were trying to get things set up, they were very patient and walked us through everything. Trying to get our phone setup has been a challenge for us. To set up a phone for one person, there are several different areas to go to and make sure to change those things. That’s why it’s difficult for us because one change doesn’t change everything. Right now, we have a message on our machine about our previous bookkeeper still being there because we don’t know how to change the message to put in the new bookkeeper’s name. And we just don’t have a lot of time to sit down and try to figure everything out. But it’s a great service and VirtualPBX offers a lot.

Original review: July 3, 2016

We love VirtualPBX. Previously, my bill for communications service was putting my wife's business out of service and we were being overpriced. VirtualPBX was offering customers the same services at a lot cheaper price, so we got their service and we've been really happy with them. Furthermore, with the telephone answering system that we had before, we used phone lines and it was a pain. If the power went off, the phone service went down, and we had to call up to deal with that. This one is so much better.

All our customers are happy with it. The sound quality is good. I can go on my computer and get my report, and I can check if they've got the right phone numbers. There's the convenience of backup with our cellphones. When the system goes down, due to the weather or loss of internet service, we've got the backup. We mostly use the phone system itself and my wife has the telephone answering service. If her customers call, they will answer for us. Then we answer the phones for them, or forward calls or text. It's a great system. VirtualPBX has taken care of any problems that we've had. We call them up, and they do their best to get back to us, if not right then, as quickly as possible. I never had any bad experiences with any of their people. They're well-trained and pleasant, and everyone seems to know what they're doing.

Original review: June 23, 2016

I was using RingCentral, but they were terrible. So I needed an alternative option and went over to VirtualPBX. It's mainly used for the office and mobile outbound calls for four different business. The team at VirtualPBX are really good people who know their stuff. Working with them has improved our business, and so I do recommend them.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I had an actual PBX system in-house before using VirtualPBX but it was a lot more expensive and it did a lot less. We use VirtualPBX mainly for inbound office calls. We also use its Queues feature where they have a group of people who are in a queue and it tries them until one answers. That's a great feature. And the fax feature is very good as well.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Our new location started with VirtualPBX which provides all our IT work for our repair and service company. We strictly use their phone service for incoming customer calls. They provide the flexibility for our small start-up business and it helped a lot to get us going quickly.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I was looking for a phone solution to replace our two phone lines and an answering machine. I found VirtualPBX online and compared them to others I saw. They are reasonably priced and had the features we wanted. We got their auto attendant, voicemail, call forwarding, and it also handles our faxes. We use it for inbound calls.

We're a church and since having it, people can get the information that they want from us 24 hours a day even when nobody's here and it's easy to change recorded messages. There are times when it's been really helpful when we have bad weather and we have to cancel service. Also, they can call the auto attendant and press a button and get my cell phone 24 hours a day. And I'm available without having to give out my private cell phone number. I love that and then I love the cost. It is a very cost effective way to have professional, enterprise-class features. There are a lot of churches that have PBX systems but when it quit working, I tell them about VirtualPBX. I'm a big fan.

Original review: June 19, 2016

We needed a service that provides call recording and history. We tried a couple of different services but they didn't fit our needs. Then we dealt with VirtualPBX and it has been good lately with them. We have suggested some features and some of them got done. However we made a change on the dashboard and I cannot find anything after that.

VirtualPBX response

Hi Dorian, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We always aim to deliver the best products and support experiences. In regards to the issue at hand, it looks like a setting was altered on your side. But not to worry, it is a quick and easy fix :-) I notified our customer success manager Josh and he has reached out to you with directions. Thank you for being a VirtualPBX customer!

Original review: June 15, 2016

We had an extra additional phone line which we weren't using that often. Majority of our business is one and we were sick of paying $200 a month. We went with VirtualPBX and now we're only paying $20 a month. I love the product. We have it for inbound calls and we also use the call forwarding feature of it. The number porting was very easy, too. Their team members have also been very helpful.

Original review: June 14, 2016

We initially contacted VirtualPBX because a friend strongly recommended them. We're happy with them, and that's why we're still using them. I contacted the customer service reps to switch up our plan and they helped me with it. The phone is user-friendly. It has greeting and customer options, and that's all we use it for. But it's been working out great. Working with them helps with the performance of our business. It seems a little bit more professional versus just someone live picking up. We'll recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2016

PBX system is great, I use all of it, it's cheap. VirtualPBX works - I don't have to mess with the phone system. Plus, their reps were awesome. I really like them, this is a good company. Whoever is running them ought to be a role model. I recommend them every chance I get.

VirtualPBX response

Hi Tom, thanks for taking the time to tell others about your experience with us. Your kind words mean the world to our team. Since you have referred us in the past you should consider looking into our referral program so you can receive credit for your efforts!

Original review: May 31, 2016

We had a Legacy On-Premise before and then somebody that does VoIP phone systems recommended VirtualPBX to us. It provides cloud-based phone services and is better than the one we had. I use some of the broadcasting features as well as the voice messaging, forwarding of messaging and automated attendant features. We use the system mostly for inbound calling. Overall, it's very good, cost-effective and the feature set is fine. The support is outstanding and very responsive. The web portal is good. VirtualPBX has a great product.

VirtualPBX response

Hi Al, your kind words made our day! We always strive to provide the best products and features to our customers. Thank you for sharing your experience!

VirtualPBX Company Information