VirtualPBX Reviews

About VirtualPBX

VirtualPBX is a VoIP provider that offers business talk, texting, and video conferencing. The company provides a virtual business phone system that uses the internet to connect different lines of telephone communication. This lets employees receive phone calls anywhere in the world without using a specific call center and provides customers with easier access to support. Plans start at $12/mo.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • 99.999% uptime
  • Upfront prices
  • Free 24/7 support
Cons
  • Confusing options

Featured Reviews

Verified
Springfield Gardens, NY

I chose VirtualPBX. I liked their webpage interface. Also, the plans that they offered were more simplistic and catered to my needs. The other ones were a little more trickier to ...

Verified
Schertz, CA

… VirtualPBX is a lot easier to use and their customer service is great. When we first got on, I called them a lot, and they were very helpful and the problems were easily resolve...

What is VirtualPBX?

VirtualPBX is a Voice over IP (VoIP) phone system provider that offers reliable business solutions with 24/7 support and an advertised 99.999% operational uptime. The company provides small and large companies the ability to host their business phone systems off-site, which lowers costs and makes logistics simpler.

The company offers features such as call forwarding, custom greetings, web browser accessibility, call center management and more.

How does VirtualPBX work?

The VirtualPBX phone system platform, called Dash, helps integrate all business tools into one place for easier control and added efficiency. For example, Dash can integrate with SalesForce CRM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), API Access and more to put everything into one easy-to-use dashboard.

Businesses can choose one of VirtualPBX’s plans and customize it with add-ons or work with the company's specialists to design their own custom business phone solution. All plans come with free training sessions to help ensure the business is using the system with maximum efficiency.

VirtualPBX pricing

VirtualPBX offers multiple plans designed for different business types and sizes. All business phone plans include free one-on-one training and a 15-day money-back guarantee.

• Starter: The Starter plan is $9 per month. It includes two phone numbers, 500 text messages per month and unlimited local minutes. Toll-free minutes can be purchased for 5.9 cents each.
  • Flex: The Flex plan is $18 per month. It includes three phone numbers and unlimited text messages and local minutes. Toll-free minutes can be purchased for 4.9 cents each.
  • Pro: The Pro plan is $24 per month. It includes five phone numbers and unlimited text messages and local minutes. The Pro plan comes with 1,000 toll-free minutes, while additional minutes can be purchased for 3.5 cents each.
  • Premier: The Premier plan is $34 per month. It comes with 10 phone numbers and unlimited text messages and local minutes. The Premier plan includes 2,500 toll-free minutes. Additional minutes can be purchased for 2.9 cents each.

VirtualPBX FAQ

Is VirtualPBX cloud-based?

Yes. VirtualPBX offers cloud-based PBX systems hosted on the internet.

Does VirtualPBX offer phone systems?

Yes, VirtualPBX offers business phone systems.

Is VirtualPBX reliable?

Yes. VirtualPBX advertises 99.999% operational uptime. When there is an issue, its complimentary 24/7 support helps troubleshoot problems immediately.

Is VirtualPBX worth it?

If you’re looking for a cloud-based VoIP system for your company, VirtualPBX is worth it. VirtualPBX saves companies 40% to 80% when compared to traditional phone costs. Some people may be overwhelmed by the multiple plans and add-ons, but its onboarding team and 24/7 support staff help you find the right plan. The company also offers custom-designed solutions and free training sessions.

VirtualPBX Reviews

Stars Rating

• 92%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?
    Installation & SetupStaffEase of Use

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I stumbled upon VirtualPBX after searching various forums for a quality VoIP service. VirtualPBX came highly recommended by many users and after joining I understand why. Everyone I spoke with before finally deciding to sign up, was extremely helpful, and they gave in depth instructions on what I would need to get started. So far, the call quality has been amazing, the prices were competitive and If you watch the instructional videos/training and take your time to play around with the interface, it will become intuitive. Incentive Offered: This reviewer was offered a nominal incentive as a thanks for leaving this review.

Pinned

Hi Chris, Your feedback is music to our ears. Thanks for being a valued VirtualPBX customer!

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

From the start and even further with support and once again back to sales to get more services. VirtualPBX is responsive, helpful, cost effective, and supportive. I started with just automated call center, but have now changed my voice lines to VirtualPBX.

Pinned

Hi Vernon, It brightens our day to hear that you are happy with our service! Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

I have had Virtual PBX for many years, about 20+ I think. I have always found it to be reliable and efficient. It follows me everywhere so as long as I have my laptop and my phone, I am "In Business". The Customer service has always been very responsive whenever I have needed assistance. I would highly recommend the service.

Staff

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

I wanted to share our experience with Virtual PBX Customer Success representative Abigail. Her knowledge and efficiency in helping us transition to a new plan was very apparent. She listened attentively, answered questions patiently and ensured that the plan we selected was the perfect fit for our organization's needs. Abigail's dedication and excellence truly stood out in all of our interactions with her. After having the pleasure of working with her, we are more confident that Virtual PBX genuinely cares about its customers. She is a great asset to your team!

Customer Service

Reviewed June 20, 2023

I've been using VPBX for over 10 years, mostly as a host for a simple 888 phone number to my business. I had few interactions over those years, most of them good. I have a client who recently who moved into a new office and wanted to switch from POTS to VoIP. I recommended VPBX and proceeded to implement a VoIP solution to a busy office.

I ordered a number of VoIP phones, which VPBX ship pre-provisioned. None of the phones worked, so I had to call support for each one. VPBX support had trouble fixing and I spent hours (note, their technicians are good). The issue ended up being a DNS problem on their end. This is a simple infrastructure fix someone on their end could do in 10 minutes, Bush league.

Then one of the 8 phones wasn't working so I called in to RMA. After sitting on the phone for 30 minute then they wanted to run through some troubleshooting...for a $100 VoIP phone. The RMA process should have taken 10 minutes at the most. IMO they are not ready to handle business VoIP (with hardware) services at this time. I won't be using them again, at least not without some serious consideration of alternatives.

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2021

I recommend VirtualPBX without hesitation. Great service, excellent product, easy to use. I have gotten assistance through chat many times with ease, at times requested they call me and the did and they follow up by email and continue the support that way if needed.

Pinned

Hi Andrew, Thanks for sharing this! Our support team works really hard to provide you with top-level service. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 8, 2020

VirtualPBX has incredibly low rates for the quality of service they provide. There is little to no downtime and their tech support is among the best we use. I've recommended them to several customers who were very pleased with the service. With most services, I would be hesitant to recommend to a customer, our reputation could be harmed by bad service. But we don't hesitate with VirtualPBX, they'll impress you too.

Michael increased rating by 2 stars.
      Price
      After a positive interaction with VirtualPBX, Michael increased their star rating on Aug. 28, 2018.

Updated review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have updated my review to three stars because they were able to resolve the billing issue and I generally have had a good experience for 8 years. However, such an egregious billing update with no discussion / options listed deserves bad review. Decent product, does what we wanted it to do, but very bad experience with pricing policies.

Original Review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was a customer for 8 years before the company suddenly increased their prices from roughly $60/month to ~$600/month. We had been using the product simply as a virtual voicemail service and were happy to pay about $750/year for very little. However, this new pricing scheme would amount to making our least important piece of technology (basically a VM spam filter) more expensive than all of our CRM, collaboration tools, and other technology combined. VirtualPBX is terrible... customers BEWARE. Also, if they keep their strong rating here for much longer, I have to believe it is because fully business is happening with the review site because this is simply egregious.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for working with us to resolve the problem you experienced. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we are sorry that your initial experience did not meet that standard. We appreciate the chance you gave Lawrence to work with you to resolve the situation. Should you have any further questions or concerns we are at your service. Lastly, our customer reviews are very important to us, and we hope that you would be willing to revise your review based on your further experiences.

We appreciate your time and your business.

Charlie from VirtualPBX

Customer ServiceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Hello Jeff ** and/or Billing Department. I just realized that we never received a refund or the refund check that was supposed to be issued once your telephone was sent back. We received confirmation that your office did indeed receive the telephone, was there a problem with the refund? In the beginning they were great until they couldn't solve our problems with our phones so now they won't return any emails or phone calls.

Hi Clyde,

We are truly sorry for this inconvenience. I checked with our billing team and it sounds like they reached out to you to confirm the delivery. At this time we are experiencing a short delay with our refund processing times due to the holiday. Please note that we have not forgotten about you. Sending your refund is our top priority come Monday morning. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

All the best,

Charlie from VirtualPBX

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2018

We have VirtualPBX's virtual receptionist service so when a call comes in, it says that the caller has reached our company and gives the numbers and where they can get punched into. We haven't had any issues with the phones and their customer service is incredible and responds quickly. VirtualPBX has been amazing and I love them.

VirtualPBX Company Information