4.88/5
  • 1 star
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

VirtualPBX can have your business phone system up and running in 5 minutes. We offer VoIP, analog, and smart phone options for you to choose from. With our cloud-based phone system you can save anywhere from 40%-80% over traditional phone systems. Your employees can also work anywhere there’s an internet connection so your business doesn’t have to stop. Our technical support is located right here in the USA by our highly trained staff. Call today to see what VirtualPBX can offer you and your business.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 30, 2017

43 VirtualPBX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 30, 2017

We were doing a search online for a phone system we could use for the business. We were mainly looking to have an 800 number. We had been in touch with Virtual and a couple of others. We had initially chosen another one earlier on last year but it didn’t work out because we had some particular things where we need to connect while we're overseas. VirtualPBX has been able to do that, so we made the decision to go with them only for that purpose. We use both the cell phones and the computer version, and in our actual office, we have the deaf phone.

When we started, we had a few issues when trying to get set up with iPhones and Androids. But we got everything done and we've been very appreciative of the support that we received since we came on. Also, we have a couple other unusual situations that having the VoIP capability and being able to use lines over the internet has been beneficial for us in our work. We are really satisfied.

VirtualPBX response

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing this excellent review! It makes our day to hear that you're satisfied with your VirtualPBX phone system! If you don't mind us asking, what impressed you about our international calling options?

Charlie, Community Specialist

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2017

I went to YouTube and was looking for phone services. They were reviewing a number of company and VirtualPBX was one of them. The review was promoting two other companies and then when I looked into all the companies, I chose VirtualPBX. I liked their webpage interface. Also, the plans that they offered were more simplistic and catered to my needs. The other ones were a little more trickier to navigate. I got more bang for my buck with VirtualPBX. Plus, they're fast. The execution was outstanding.

The system does what it's supposed to do. I don't have so many issues that have to back and forth into anything. Everything works like it should so that's what I really like the most about VirtualPBX. They want to show me more features but right now I don't need all additional sophistication and when I do I'll be there and they can give it to me. And they're in a position to kind of roll with me as I need it. There's a lot of flexibility that I can employ with the system. It's pretty dynamic and there are a lot of options that I could do when I'm ready to go and expand. Overall, it's been an excellent experience with VirtualPBX and I recommend them.

Original review: July 15, 2017

We had a PBX system that was cobbled together by our former IT manager and it died up. I needed something that would replace that and wouldn’t require an IT person to always babysit it for me. Our company down-sized and we don’t have a full time IT person anymore. VirtualPBX has been simple and straight forward and I didn’t have to think about anything. We use it as a phone and voicemail and that is perfect for us.

During the initial set-up phase, the guy was really nice and friendly. However, he was new and I wasn’t able to get very far with him. I knew he was doing his best for me but I asked if there’s somebody that he can put me to. And then I got a woman who was fantastic. We didn’t have reliable phones before and it's a damper on things and having a reliable phone service now is really helpful. Plus, it’s a pretty big advantage knowing that if something goes wrong there’s someone I can go to to get it fixed and not me sitting around trying to figure it out. My experience with VirtualPBX is easy, smooth and trouble-free.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I really like VirtualPBX. I decided to use it because of the cost. We use a different company before and VirtualPBX is way better. We use it for local and long-distance calling.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Before using VirtualPBX, we had AT&T then we had a hard system in our office. I've decided to contact VirtualPBX due to cost savings over AT&T and the flexibility of the system, being a plug and play, when relocating. We're a pest control service business and use the system for inbound/outbound, sales, customer service. The apps and stuff that were added to the system allow us to be able to call customers from our cellphone and have the desk phones show the office number. Those have helped us and gave us more consistency in our look.

We've been with VirtualPBX for a long time and their customer service is the reason we've stayed with them. They're very friendly and helpful and one would always get an answer. They're always willing to go the next step. If one has a question, they'll research. One will get the answer quickly if they don't have it. When we first signed up, we had equipment from our other hard phone system. That was void, but VirtualPBX was able to help us keep the information so that we weren't out of any expense on buying different phones. They didn't make any money on doing that and it helped us out. I'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?

Original review: March 10, 2017

Our company originally started back in 2005. Our previous phone service provider was Time Warner and they're not very good. Three years ago, we started using VirtualPBX when we did the reservation line and they are way better than the previous provider. Their message center is really convenient and user-friendly. In addition, their team have always been extremely helpful and patient when we've had to call due to phones being down or the phone reception will sound like a fax machine. Sometimes, when we call in a panic, they’re always very calm, cool and collected. Plus, they always follow up. They’re really great.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We use VirtualPBX for customer inbound and outbound calls. They're thorough and reliable, good about following up, and genuinely interested in solving any issues that we had. Having them is cost-effective.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

When we had a problem, VirtualPBX were super useful. The system was not working properly for me - something had happened. I called, and it was taken care of pretty much on the spot. The team followed up after the fact to make sure that everything was fine, and that was a very good customer service. Plus I like the fact that I can be on the road, make phone calls, and everything is recorded so I don't have to take notes. VirtualPBX system is very efficient for what we need to do, and we can be mobile with looking like we're in the office, which is amazing. It's practical and functional.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We got in contact with VirtualPBX because somebody that we've worked with had used them before. We got VirtualPBX for office use, inbound and outbound. It helps that we can contact people depending on whoever they want to reach. They reach them right away instead of having a telephone operator. It’s been a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

We have all of our calls go to VirtualPBX and then they’re forwarded to us. Our clients are the ones that are directly getting the benefit out of it. They just call a single number and then it’s all routed to us. It allows for those calls to be routed to us wherever we are, so nothing gets missed. From the point of view of client service, it’s definitely an improvement. I went through some situations with their team a week ago and they were all on top of it and I’m very pleased. I was trying to find a way to make certain processes simpler and more streamlined, and I couldn’t figure out how to do it so they walked me through it. They explained and came up with other solutions which I was really grateful for.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I saw VirtualPBX from The Hartford insurance company's newsletter. We had a need for executive account products so I contacted them. Before using their system, we just used cell phones. Now, we use it for conference calling and of course for calling between staff members. Their reps were very helpful. In fact, when I first signed up, I got a call from somebody who'd want to help. So, there was plenty of help and the onboarding process was very good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

We were looking for Internet phone service so we contacted VirtualPBX, and we've had a great experience. Our VirtualPBX system has some office use but 90% of it is for incoming calls because we have our show time recordings and hours of operation. We use mostly the greetings and being able to have the different extensions and it made things a lot easier because we have both of our companies on the same account. Their team has been great and they get right back to us and help anytime we call and need anything. When we didn't know how to get some stuff set up, I made a phone call and they guided us right through it over the phone and got everything done. They're very easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I was doing an internet search for business phone systems. The simplified caller routing, and the professionally recorded prompts and on-hold messages are the two main things we were looking for, and VirtualPBX seemed to have all these functions. Since we had the system, it’s freed up my time, so that other people can respond to phone calls rather than all of them coming to mine. And the voicemail to email has been helpful so multiple people can see the messages there and they can respond to them more quickly. However, there wasn’t anything in the information that was provided that Bluetooth isn’t compatible with their system. I had to find it out after we had activated it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I needed a solution that VirtualPBX provided. We use the system for mainly inbound calls and we don't use a prompt or anything. I use the call screen feature the most. It's nice to have them for our business especially for its convenience factor. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I needed a phone system that could serve as backup for our internal phone system so I contacted VirtualPBX. I use the queue tool frequently with the PBX system and use it only for inbound calls.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

After learning more about VirtualPBX and how it is used, I thought it was a good alternative. We signed up with them and have been using their fax and phone services. They made doing business easier for us. We got assistance from tech support in the beginning, but once we got the system set, we became familiar with it enough that we can make minor changes on our own.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

My business associate and partner, Tony, and I were looking for a PBX phone system that would work for us because I live in Seattle and he lives down in the Bay Area. VirtualPBX seemed cost-effective so we got them and they've been great. I've been happy with them. We use the conferencing calling line a lot. It's effective for us, with our clients generally calling in when they need to talk to either me or Tony. It's just one common line and they can hit 1 for Tony or 2 for me. So, the system works well for us in that respect.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

VirtualPBX served the purpose that I needed it for and it was to have a customer service number to post on our website for our mobile patient monitoring company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

VirtualPBX has a reputation for dependability of uptime and I'm on a very, very basic system with a single line. I don’t have a big company but I use their basic PBX number with a forward and I use their cellphone software. I use very few of their very advanced features, but they have been exceptionally dependable. I’ve been in touch with their team on quite a number of service calls, assistance calls, and billing department calls and I’ve never seen a more customer service technically proficient and professionally oriented company working ever in the past 20 years. They’re great and the best company I know of. I would recommend them to anyone for any reason.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I needed the service and VirtualPBX seemed like they had what I needed, so I contacted them. I'm a one-person office so I'm not in the office all the time. Sometimes I'm out on an appointment or I'm going to lunch. So all I really use it for is to transfer calls to my cellphone when people dial my business phone number, and I pick it up and answer just like I'm in the office.

The problem is that sometimes VirtualPBX has different options. If I pick a particular option, I hear a recording that says, "If you'd like to receive this call punch the number to accept the call or punch this to not accept the call." By the time I get my cellphone and switch over to the number pad and punch the number, the people are already gone and have already hung up. There's another option where I don't get that information. Instead, what happens is when the people call, they hear a recorded message that says, "Please hold while your call is transferred." Either one defeats the whole purpose of what I really want to do, which is have people call my business number. I want it to ring and the first thing I want people to hear is me picking up the phone saying, "Mike speaking, how can I help you?"

The whole purpose is to not let the client know they're being transferred. To them, they call the number and I answer the phone. And to me, the phone rings and I answer it. Other than that, VirtualPBX is a really good system. It's designed for an office that doesn't want to have a receptionist. It gets as close as I can get to what I really want. Now, the best of those options is to have it say, "Please don't worry, your call is transferred." That way, I won't have to punch numbers to get the call.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I had their service about a year ago and just turned it back on. I use the phone for inbound and outbound calls. I’ve got a home business and I use them for my personal use. I’ve got a phone at my house and a phone at my cottage. When I’m not home, it’ll ring up there. I like the ability to not miss calls. I had several support issues last week and their staff was great and very helpful. I’ve been happy with VirtualPBX and would recommend them to other people.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I didn't want to give out my personal number, so I needed VirtualPBX for my business. It's like two-in-one because I also use the PBX system for faxing, so I don't have to have a fax machine at home, and can do this through my email, which is one great thing about it. But I don't use most of the features of the system. I just use it to forward my calls to my other line, for both inbound/outbound sales outreach calls and customer assistance calls. Also, I usually figure out everything myself because they have everything on "Frequently Asked Questions". Everything is straightforward and explained. I would recommend them. They're affordable and they've got great customer service.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I was using an entry-level VoIP provider system before and VirtualPBX had been recommended by a company I was doing business with. I like VirtualPBX better since it's a next-level phone system and has more features, one of which is the recording that I use on every call. Their team is also a pleasure to work with. One of the best things I like about them is they take their time with me and never rush. Usually with businesses functioning at that level, everybody is in a hurry, and especially with somebody who's small like me. They never come across that way with me. I wish they had an even smaller package - the easier entry-level package - but their service is really good.

Original review: July 24, 2016

We had VirtualPBX for office use and our experience with them was very good. Though I didn't have much interactions with their reps, they were knowledgeable with those that I had with them. However, we just retired and I'm not with them anymore but they keep calling me. I wish they'd take me off the list.

VirtualPBX response

Hi Ron,

Thanks for sharing this feedback about your experience with VirtualPBX. I have notified our team that you wish to be removed from our call list. I hope you have a wonderful retirement!

Charlie from VirtualPBX

Original review: July 22, 2016

VirtualPBX looked like they had their act together so I contacted them. I use the system for inbound/outbound conference calling. I also use the Voice Over IP where everybody can be plugged in. I can take my phone to a hotel in Mexico and it looks like I'm calling from work and I can still be reached if somebody's calling my office.

I had a support issue and the VirtualPBX team stayed with me. I'm not that big of a company so I'm sure they could care less about my billing but they were great. I would never change them and what's good about them is if you're a small company, you don't want to worry about your IT and your phones, and they're always bettering it so I let them deal with it. I know that a year from now, I’m going to have what's the best out there. They're going to update and that's what's nice about it. There is nothing negative about them at all from their pricing to their product.

Original review: July 18, 2016

VirtualPBX gives great and fast service. We’re moving right now and are able to move the system with us. We really are happy with it. When I've talked to the VirtualPBX people, their people have been spot on, super helpful and always wanting to make sure that I am cared for. They also do a good job on the follow-up. It’s nice to have an alternative product that we can expand with if we’re gonna have a big event. Our staff really loves that they can forward their phone calls to their personal cellphones. So if they’re gonna be out of the office or gonna be at an event, they can take the calls with them. Our staff who are younger really like that flexibility. I have recommended VirtualPBX to other people. I am satisfied with their service.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I run a kid’s soccer program, so we wanted to have a number that when people see our advertisements on yard signs and banners, school information, they could call. Press 1 to get some information and then forward to any of our staff through the different extensions, but be able to be greeted properly without necessarily having to have somebody available to answer the phones 100% of the time. I vetted VirtualPBX like I would many other companies of different industries, through Google. They seemed to be good and I’ve liked them ever since. We mostly use the voicemail. It's the most convenient. It's being sent to the email that allows us to forward them along to the right place.

Also, their team has been awesome whenever I call for them for help. They're efficient and helpful. My only suggestion is that they were able to have a function that people could press an extension of some sort and then be texted a link. For instance, people wanted to press extension 2 and have a text message sent to them with our website.

Original review: July 16, 2016

We use VirtualPBX primarily for inbound customer assistance and it has improved our business. We also use their voicemail feature. Moreover, the representatives of VirtualPBX answered everything we've called them about in a friendly and efficient manner. I am satisfied with them.

Original review: July 15, 2016

We use VirtualPBX for inbound calls like a regular telephone and what is important to us is the fax functionality, voicemail, and recorded messages. Everything is working out well. VirtualPBX has been a good tool to use and as for the tech support, they've always been helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm pleased with the service.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Hassle-free experience with Virtual PBX. We were looking to start our phone service when I got a new office so we just explored the options that were there and we decided to give it a try. We use their conferencing feature the most and things have been mostly smooth, with no major break downs or outages.

VirtualPBX questions and answers

What problem is VirtualPBX trying to solve?
Our main goal is to provide cost-effective, self-managed communications solutions to businesses all over the world.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We were one of the first providers of hosted pbx solutions for businesses. We’ve been around and we’re here to stay because of our ongoing commitment to our customers. It is our first priority and shapes our innovative process.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
VoIP is difficult. This couldn’t be further from the truth, in fact, after having the ability to adjust your phone systems with a few clicks of a mouse, going to back to a traditional hardware system is nearly impossible. And because VirtualPBX services are hosted in the cloud, you no longer need to pay for or maintain physical hardware and switches.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
When we first began, the idea of a virtually hosted telecom solution – one that required no onsite hardware – was new. We spent a lot of time educating the market. Now that mobile connectivity is the norm, our customers are familiar with the service and we get to spend more time helping them advance their business communication strategy with features, custom configurations and reporting.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Our digital tools are becoming increasingly interconnected. The VoIP market is no different. We’re constantly looking for ways to integrate with our customers existing workflows to make their lives easier. The VoIP market is constantly evolving.
How has VirtualPBX grown or evolved?
VirtualPBX has always been a strong solution for small and medium-sized businesses without a robust IT staff or budget. Our phone systems are easy to update and are light on the budget, but as we got started, we quickly realized that these customers could also use help better understanding their internet connections. Over the years, we have developed our network support to include monitoring, remediation and bandwidth services. In 2016 we also rolled out a team available for onsite deployment in the continental U.S. This team, with members dispersed across the U.S., arrives at your place of business to handle a variety of network services.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Our engineers are always working on ways to innovate our service. We’re currently cooking up a few new Dash features, UI enhancements for our vConsole customers and new additions to our integrations portfolio.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Customers drive every facet of our business. We routinely take in feedback as a means to improve our services. We also pride ourselves on an extremely talented, energetic and interconnected team.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
VirtualPBX can be deployed on your existing internet connection, but it’s important to consider if your network is prepared to handle the added traffic. Our Network IT Services team is available should you ever require assistance with configuration, monitoring, bandwidth, remediation or on-site services.

VirtualPBX Company Information