toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

VirtualPBX has met my needs and is cost-efficient. We use it for the extensions and the forwarding of calls because we're completely virtual. VirtualPBX has improved our business.

When we had a problem, VirtualPBX were super useful. The system was not working properly for me - something had happened. I called, and it was taken care of pretty much on the spot. The team followed up after the fact to make sure that everything was fine, and that was a very good customer service. Plus I like the fact that I can be on the road, make phone calls, and everything is recorded so I don't have to take notes. VirtualPBX system is very efficient for what we need to do, and we can be mobile with looking like we're in the office, which is amazing. It's practical and functional.

We got in contact with VirtualPBX because somebody that we've worked with had used them before. We got VirtualPBX for office use, inbound and outbound. It helps that we can contact people depending on whoever they want to reach. They reach them right away instead of having a telephone operator. It’s been a good experience.

We have all of our calls go to VirtualPBX and then they’re forwarded to us. Our clients are the ones that are directly getting the benefit out of it. They just call a single number and then it’s all routed to us. It allows for those calls to be routed to us wherever we are, so nothing gets missed. From the point of view of client service, it’s definitely an improvement. I went through some situations with their team a week ago and they were all on top of it and I’m very pleased. I was trying to find a way to make certain processes simpler and more streamlined, and I couldn’t figure out how to do it so they walked me through it. They explained and came up with other solutions which I was really grateful for.

I saw VirtualPBX from The Hartford insurance company's newsletter. We had a need for executive account products so I contacted them. Before using their system, we just used cell phones. Now, we use it for conference calling and of course for calling between staff members. Their reps were very helpful. In fact, when I first signed up, I got a call from somebody who'd want to help. So, there was plenty of help and the onboarding process was very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VirtualPBX?

We were looking for Internet phone service so we contacted VirtualPBX, and we've had a great experience. Our VirtualPBX system has some office use but 90% of it is for incoming calls because we have our show time recordings and hours of operation. We use mostly the greetings and being able to have the different extensions and it made things a lot easier because we have both of our companies on the same account. Their team has been great and they get right back to us and help anytime we call and need anything. When we didn't know how to get some stuff set up, I made a phone call and they guided us right through it over the phone and got everything done. They're very easy to work with.

I was doing an internet search for business phone systems. The simplified caller routing, and the professionally recorded prompts and on-hold messages are the two main things we were looking for, and VirtualPBX seemed to have all these functions. Since we had the system, it’s freed up my time, so that other people can respond to phone calls rather than all of them coming to mine. And the voicemail to email has been helpful so multiple people can see the messages there and they can respond to them more quickly. However, there wasn’t anything in the information that was provided that Bluetooth isn’t compatible with their system. I had to find it out after we had activated it.

I needed a solution that VirtualPBX provided. We use the system for mainly inbound calls and we don't use a prompt or anything. I use the call screen feature the most. It's nice to have them for our business especially for its convenience factor. I'd recommend them.

I needed a phone system that could serve as backup for our internal phone system so I contacted VirtualPBX. I use the queue tool frequently with the PBX system and use it only for inbound calls.

After learning more about VirtualPBX and how it is used, I thought it was a good alternative. We signed up with them and have been using their fax and phone services. They made doing business easier for us. We got assistance from tech support in the beginning, but once we got the system set, we became familiar with it enough that we can make minor changes on our own.

My business associate and partner, Tony, and I were looking for a PBX phone system that would work for us because I live in Seattle and he lives down in the Bay Area. VirtualPBX seemed cost-effective so we got them and they've been great. I've been happy with them. We use the conferencing calling line a lot. It's effective for us, with our clients generally calling in when they need to talk to either me or Tony. It's just one common line and they can hit 1 for Tony or 2 for me. So, the system works well for us in that respect.

VirtualPBX served the purpose that I needed it for and it was to have a customer service number to post on our website for our mobile patient monitoring company.

VirtualPBX has a reputation for dependability of uptime and I'm on a very, very basic system with a single line. I don’t have a big company but I use their basic PBX number with a forward and I use their cellphone software. I use very few of their very advanced features, but they have been exceptionally dependable. I’ve been in touch with their team on quite a number of service calls, assistance calls, and billing department calls and I’ve never seen a more customer service technically proficient and professionally oriented company working ever in the past 20 years. They’re great and the best company I know of. I would recommend them to anyone for any reason.

I needed the service and VirtualPBX seemed like they had what I needed, so I contacted them. I'm a one-person office so I'm not in the office all the time. Sometimes I'm out on an appointment or I'm going to lunch. So all I really use it for is to transfer calls to my cellphone when people dial my business phone number, and I pick it up and answer just like I'm in the office.

The problem is that sometimes VirtualPBX has different options. If I pick a particular option, I hear a recording that says, "If you'd like to receive this call punch the number to accept the call or punch this to not accept the call." By the time I get my cellphone and switch over to the number pad and punch the number, the people are already gone and have already hung up. There's another option where I don't get that information. Instead, what happens is when the people call, they hear a recorded message that says, "Please hold while your call is transferred." Either one defeats the whole purpose of what I really want to do, which is have people call my business number. I want it to ring and the first thing I want people to hear is me picking up the phone saying, "Mike speaking, how can I help you?"

The whole purpose is to not let the client know they're being transferred. To them, they call the number and I answer the phone. And to me, the phone rings and I answer it. Other than that, VirtualPBX is a really good system. It's designed for an office that doesn't want to have a receptionist. It gets as close as I can get to what I really want. Now, the best of those options is to have it say, "Please don't worry, your call is transferred." That way, I won't have to punch numbers to get the call.

I had their service about a year ago and just turned it back on. I use the phone for inbound and outbound calls. I’ve got a home business and I use them for my personal use. I’ve got a phone at my house and a phone at my cottage. When I’m not home, it’ll ring up there. I like the ability to not miss calls. I had several support issues last week and their staff was great and very helpful. I’ve been happy with VirtualPBX and would recommend them to other people.

I didn't want to give out my personal number, so I needed VirtualPBX for my business. It's like two-in-one because I also use the PBX system for faxing, so I don't have to have a fax machine at home, and can do this through my email, which is one great thing about it. But I don't use most of the features of the system. I just use it to forward my calls to my other line, for both inbound/outbound sales outreach calls and customer assistance calls. Also, I usually figure out everything myself because they have everything on "Frequently Asked Questions". Everything is straightforward and explained. I would recommend them. They're affordable and they've got great customer service.

I was using an entry-level VoIP provider system before and VirtualPBX had been recommended by a company I was doing business with. I like VirtualPBX better since it's a next-level phone system and has more features, one of which is the recording that I use on every call. Their team is also a pleasure to work with. One of the best things I like about them is they take their time with me and never rush. Usually with businesses functioning at that level, everybody is in a hurry, and especially with somebody who's small like me. They never come across that way with me. I wish they had an even smaller package - the easier entry-level package - but their service is really good.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for sharing this feedback about your experience with VirtualPBX. I have notified our team that you wish to be removed from our call list. I hope you have a wonderful retirement!

Charlie from VirtualPBX

Original review: July 24, 2016

We had VirtualPBX for office use and our experience with them was very good. Though I didn't have much interactions with their reps, they were knowledgeable with those that I had with them. However, we just retired and I'm not with them anymore but they keep calling me. I wish they'd take me off the list.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

VirtualPBX looked like they had their act together so I contacted them. I use the system for inbound/outbound conference calling. I also use the Voice Over IP where everybody can be plugged in. I can take my phone to a hotel in Mexico and it looks like I'm calling from work and I can still be reached if somebody's calling my office.

I had a support issue and the VirtualPBX team stayed with me. I'm not that big of a company so I'm sure they could care less about my billing but they were great. I would never change them and what's good about them is if you're a small company, you don't want to worry about your IT and your phones, and they're always bettering it so I let them deal with it. I know that a year from now, I’m going to have what's the best out there. They're going to update and that's what's nice about it. There is nothing negative about them at all from their pricing to their product.

VirtualPBX gives great and fast service. We’re moving right now and are able to move the system with us. We really are happy with it. When I've talked to the VirtualPBX people, their people have been spot on, super helpful and always wanting to make sure that I am cared for. They also do a good job on the follow-up. It’s nice to have an alternative product that we can expand with if we’re gonna have a big event. Our staff really loves that they can forward their phone calls to their personal cellphones. So if they’re gonna be out of the office or gonna be at an event, they can take the calls with them. Our staff who are younger really like that flexibility. I have recommended VirtualPBX to other people. I am satisfied with their service.

I run a kid’s soccer program, so we wanted to have a number that when people see our advertisements on yard signs and banners, school information, they could call. Press 1 to get some information and then forward to any of our staff through the different extensions, but be able to be greeted properly without necessarily having to have somebody available to answer the phones 100% of the time. I vetted VirtualPBX like I would many other companies of different industries, through Google. They seemed to be good and I’ve liked them ever since. We mostly use the voicemail. It's the most convenient. It's being sent to the email that allows us to forward them along to the right place.

Also, their team has been awesome whenever I call for them for help. They're efficient and helpful. My only suggestion is that they were able to have a function that people could press an extension of some sort and then be texted a link. For instance, people wanted to press extension 2 and have a text message sent to them with our website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use VirtualPBX primarily for inbound customer assistance and it has improved our business. We also use their voicemail feature. Moreover, the representatives of VirtualPBX answered everything we've called them about in a friendly and efficient manner. I am satisfied with them.

We use VirtualPBX for inbound calls like a regular telephone and what is important to us is the fax functionality, voicemail, and recorded messages. Everything is working out well. VirtualPBX has been a good tool to use and as for the tech support, they've always been helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm pleased with the service.

Hassle-free experience with Virtual PBX. We were looking to start our phone service when I got a new office so we just explored the options that were there and we decided to give it a try. We use their conferencing feature the most and things have been mostly smooth, with no major break downs or outages.

I had a couple of failures on my VirtualPBX system that they resolved with us on the adapters between the telephone line and the internet. Their guy in tech support was very thorough, methodical and verified what the problem was. I have to replace two adapters and in the pricing proposal, he indicated I’d be paying $3.95 for the E911 - $1.99 initially and then recurring thereafter. I had a question about whether or not one set of those adapters would be eliminated. I reread the quote and it said that I’d have to go into the Vconsole and disable the two that I took out, so I was assuming that eliminates the extra charge. I haven’t accepted the proposal because I’ve been tied up with other things, but I intend to send them an email again asking him if that’s the case.

The fax and voice mail forwarding works fine. It helps me keep in touch and appear more responsive to my clients. I can even be out of the country and keep up on things by getting the emails. One of the lines is my residential line which my wife uses a lot. Everything is satisfactory as it's rare that I have a problem with the system.

So far VirtualPBX has been good and I have been very pleased with it. When we were trying to get things set up, they were very patient and walked us through everything. Trying to get our phone setup has been a challenge for us. To set up a phone for one person, there are several different areas to go to and make sure to change those things. That’s why it’s difficult for us because one change doesn’t change everything. Right now, we have a message on our machine about our previous bookkeeper still being there because we don’t know how to change the message to put in the new bookkeeper’s name. And we just don’t have a lot of time to sit down and try to figure everything out. But it’s a great service and VirtualPBX offers a lot.

We love VirtualPBX. Previously, my bill for communications service was putting my wife's business out of service and we were being overpriced. VirtualPBX was offering customers the same services at a lot cheaper price, so we got their service and we've been really happy with them. Furthermore, with the telephone answering system that we had before, we used phone lines and it was a pain. If the power went off, the phone service went down, and we had to call up to deal with that. This one is so much better.

All our customers are happy with it. The sound quality is good. I can go on my computer and get my report, and I can check if they've got the right phone numbers. There's the convenience of backup with our cellphones. When the system goes down, due to the weather or loss of internet service, we've got the backup. We mostly use the phone system itself and my wife has the telephone answering service. If her customers call, they will answer for us. Then we answer the phones for them, or forward calls or text. It's a great system. VirtualPBX has taken care of any problems that we've had. We call them up, and they do their best to get back to us, if not right then, as quickly as possible. I never had any bad experiences with any of their people. They're well-trained and pleasant, and everyone seems to know what they're doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was using RingCentral, but they were terrible. So I needed an alternative option and went over to VirtualPBX. It's mainly used for the office and mobile outbound calls for four different business. The team at VirtualPBX are really good people who know their stuff. Working with them has improved our business, and so I do recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an actual PBX system in-house before using VirtualPBX but it was a lot more expensive and it did a lot less. We use VirtualPBX mainly for inbound office calls. We also use its Queues feature where they have a group of people who are in a queue and it tries them until one answers. That's a great feature. And the fax feature is very good as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our new location started with VirtualPBX which provides all our IT work for our repair and service company. We strictly use their phone service for incoming customer calls. They provide the flexibility for our small start-up business and it helped a lot to get us going quickly.

Question and Answers - VirtualPBX

Paul Hammond
CEO

What problem is VirtualPBX trying to solve?

Our main goal is to provide cost-effective, self-managed communications solutions to businesses all over the world.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

We were one of the first providers of hosted pbx solutions for businesses. We’ve been around and we’re here to stay because of our ongoing commitment to our customers. It is our first priority and shapes our innovative process.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

VoIP is difficult. This couldn’t be further from the truth, in fact, after having the ability to adjust your phone systems with a few clicks of a mouse, going to back to a traditional hardware system is nearly impossible. And because VirtualPBX services are hosted in the cloud, you no longer need to pay for or maintain physical hardware and switches.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

When we first began, the idea of a virtually hosted telecom solution – one that required no onsite hardware – was new. We spent a lot of time educating the market. Now that mobile connectivity is the norm, our customers are familiar with the service and we get to spend more time helping them advance their business communication strategy with features, custom configurations and reporting.

How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

Our digital tools are becoming increasingly interconnected. The VoIP market is no different. We’re constantly looking for ways to integrate with our customers existing workflows to make their lives easier. The VoIP market is constantly evolving.

How has VirtualPBX grown or evolved?

VirtualPBX has always been a strong solution for small and medium-sized businesses without a robust IT staff or budget. Our phone systems are easy to update and are light on the budget, but as we got started, we quickly realized that these customers could also use help better understanding their internet connections. Over the years, we have developed our network support to include monitoring, remediation and bandwidth services. In 2016 we also rolled out a team available for onsite deployment in the continental U.S. This team, with members dispersed across the U.S., arrives at your place of business to handle a variety of network services.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

Our engineers are always working on ways to innovate our service. We’re currently cooking up a few new Dash features, UI enhancements for our vConsole customers and new additions to our integrations portfolio.

Where do great ideas come from in your organization?

Customers drive every facet of our business. We routinely take in feedback as a means to improve our services. We also pride ourselves on an extremely talented, energetic and interconnected team.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

VirtualPBX can be deployed on your existing internet connection, but it’s important to consider if your network is prepared to handle the added traffic. Our Network IT Services team is available should you ever require assistance with configuration, monitoring, bandwidth, remediation or on-site services.

VirtualPBX Company Profile