Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews

3.6/5 (2421 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless Reviews

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: March 24, 2022

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Elijah and the staff at Russell Cellular in Chester NY. From the moment I set foot in the store Elijah greeted me with a smile and proceeded to provide the best customer service experience I have ever had. I am 70 years old so I have experienced a wide range of individual service. Elijah is in a class all by himself! Focused, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, patient and an amazing personality. Purchasing a new phone usually causes me anxiety and confusion but Elijah turned it into the best customer service experience I have ever had. Thank you Elijah and the staff in Chester. I hope Verizon Wireless appreciates the team in Chester and especially Elijah.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I noticed a day before I was supposed to go to Hawaii (and still work) that my phone was no longer sending or accepting Text Messages. I panicked as I didn't want to miss a beat while I was away from the office. I went to the kiosk and was lucky enough to get Nick one of the best customer service reps I have ever met. Luckily he had heard of this before but couldn't fix it himself so he called IT/customer service on the phone and tried to tell them what they needed to do however they wanted him to try a half dozen other things first.

Once he did that we got disconnected. When he called back of course we got someone new. Explained the situation with them for some time until they did what he suggested and what do you know it worked. It only took an hour on the phone with customer service but he knew what he was talking about all along. I left there super relieved that it was working once again and just in time to catch my flight that evening. While we were waiting for Customer Service there was another man there praising Nick for working a miracle on his phone as well. We asked him if we could buy him lunch as he was a huge lifesaver for both of us and he declined graciously. I thought the least I could do is give him a shout-out on here and let Verizon know how lucky they are to have him as an employee. This was on 11/18/2021.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My New Phone Experience: (iPhone Pro13 Max) It’s not every day that you get a new phone, in my case it's been 5-years, and going from an Android to a iPhone, I have to admit my anxiety. I would like to start with the entrance of going into the Verizon building on Rt6 Gar Highway Swansea Ma. (fragrance)! It’s like going to a Fine Dining Resturant (that initial feeling- clean- & a great start).

My sales person ** has a passion for what he does and with no question, knows his stuff. Professional and Courteous! I ask a lot of questions, as a matter of fact I brought my checklist. Everything checked, and transfer complete. What a relief and I love this phone. My first call, to my granddaughter who couldn't wait to talk, even better Facetime her Papa! I honestly can't say enough about Verizon after 23 years as a customer. And Kudos to my main man **, you made my day, and yes, I highly recommend this store if you are going to upgrade. Five Stars and more. Thank you

Tom **

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I discovered that my phone screen was broken around 8am this morning. I logged into the "My Verizon" app and reported the cracked screen for repair. They sent a technician to my house (Convenient) to do the repair on site. The technician arrived at 1230, just 4.5 hours after I reported this issue (Quick). The technician was extremely polite, very respectful, and took on the task without issues (Professional). I am amazed at the service provided for the warranty protection and I can certainly say that from my experience, this was a very great way to support the customers. Great job to all involved and I appreciate the very fast response as I am now back to enjoying my phone without the crack in the screen.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The Customer Care employee I had the pleasure to talk to today, referring to some internet issues I was having, was the best I've ever had. His name was Mike and he was kind, understanding and he listened. Which is a rarity because of the numerous Customer service people I have talked to from many companies, most either are or at least act like they are stupid. For example, asking a question to which the answer was already given is the most common (and extremely aggravating) thing that most Customer service people do. If I would have met this gentleman in person rather than him being the Customer service person I was needing to talk to in order to attempt to resolve the issue, I have no doubt that he and I would have become great friends.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Steer far away from this wireless company. As customers we are not getting the service they advertise and promise. We are not getting 5G service as they are saying we’re getting and we’re paying for something we are not receiving as of yet, but they’re charging ahead of time without providing g the service. Their customer service is a nightmare. I can’t barely manage to get through, or worse, our calls are being rerouted to some overseas call centers. They certainly don’t care to build a customer relationship. I left from a competitive company and switched to come to this nightmare. Folks, stay away from this high price, no customer service or worse bad customer service. Beware of all their gimmicks and false advertisements.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have been a Verizon customer for years and always considered them to be the gold standard. Unfortunately, that has changed. My cellular reception is not as good as it once was and I believe they are outsourcing customer service calls outside the US. A few months ago I was trying to get my Apple Watch connected to cellular. The customer service agent could not figure it out even though this is a very common thing. After an hour or so I gave up and forgot all about it until I saw I have been getting charged for cellular each month for my Watch that never got connected to cellular. Today I called Verizon to figure this out and was on the phone with two customer service agents for two hours and still no help.

Yep! I’m pretty sure the first CSA I spoke with had never seen an Apple Watch before. She was just reading a manual. I felt like I knew more about the Apple Watch and phone than they did. The CSA also said they originally helped me get the Watch connected to Bluetooth so that’s why they were charging me a monthly fee. I had to argue with her to get a credit and explain the difference between Bluetooth and cellular. I thought I was being punked. After hours of customer service calls, I now have to go into the local store. This is so disappointing to see your customer service go downhill.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I’ve been a customer of Verizon for over 20 years. I have several phones on my personal line and a lot on my business line which I intend to move both of them. Just a sum it up their customer service people do not do what you ask them to do and as a result it comes back and cost the customer. Verizon takes no accountability for anything that their customer service associates in this case don’t do and as a result the customer service person I talk to you last basically encouraged me to go to another service even giving me a pin and I needed to move my phones.

I also called the credit card company synchrony and blew out my case with them and told him I was canceling my credit cards with them to as a result of Verizon. I indicated to them if they were going to be associated with Verizon that they probably would not going to be associated with me. I have left many many reviews as a result of this on Verizon and synchrony bank. At least synchrony bank said they were going to have an executive reach out to me tomorrow. The bottom line is don’t assume the customer service Verizon is going to follow through with a damn thing because at the end of the day all they will do to fix the problem is tell you they are sorry. This company cost me $200 which is a drop in the bucket is which it’s gonna cost them in the future. I know how much money I pay these companies on an Annual basis and I’m pretty sure I will cost them more. The bottom line is don’t get yourself to the frustration I’ve had to go through. Move on.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I was switching to the iPhone 13 and the salesman told me I could get the Apple Watch for only $5 a month. I asked if I would have to pay the $10 monthly fee for data and he said, "No. Not until you pay off the watch." I received my bill and it showed an extra $18 a month for the Apple Watch. I called and they said you have to pay for the data. I said, "That’s not what I was told therefore I do not want to watch I would like to return it, please disconnect the service." I was told if I return the Apple Watch within 30 days I would not be charged anything, so I did. I was charged $75 on my bill for the Apple Watch.

I called and they said the phone number for the watch was not disconnected!! Again I asked them to disconnect it and credit my account for that amount they would not give me the credit. They said they cannot disconnect the phone number until the next billing cycle. Again today I checked my bill and it has not been disconnected and I was billed another $75! Again I called and the representative told me it will be disconnected and I will receive the credit on the next billing cycle. I cannot believe that they have such poor customer service. I would switch to another carrier if I could because of all the aggravation and misleading information I have received. I have spent countless of hours on the phone with them.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Just recently came back from a 1-week cruise with my family and found we were charged $1,000+ in charges by Verizon Wireless. The whole trip, roaming was turned off on all of our phones. I am continuously trying to find ways to lower my monthly bill (recently canceled 2 insurance coverages to save money) so I would never do this! I’m a long-time customer who always pays on time, and Verizon Wireless refuses to help! I’ve spent hours on the phone with customer support with no resolution and have left numerous messages at corporate. This company waits for their customers to get hit with erroneous and invalid charges and does nothing!

Verizon Wireless Company Information