1.09/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Verizon Home Phone Service

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Verizon Home Phone Service Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

Updated on 07/24/2019: I did finally hang up after the first Verizon rep (man) put me on "forever" hold, and called back. I got another Verizon rep (woman) that time, that arranged a credit for the service call. Said it should not have been billed since I pay a monthly charge for that type of service. While my overall experience with Verizon is still unpleasant, this one issue, among all the others was resolved. But it took over an hour and a half of hold time to for that to happen.

Original Review: After close to five weeks of service related appointments (for landline) that were not kept (nobody showed up, I had to call and hold on Verizon to find out they had been moved to the next day or canceled) I received a charge for a service visit. Even though I pay for Inside Wire Maintenance every single month. And there has never ONCE been a service tech that knocked on my door. Not one time. One "called me from the "box". Said he was outside my house. But declined coming in my house as he said the problem was fixed. Ants in the box. I told him I still didn't have good sound quality on the call (pops and crackles) and he told me it had to be my phones. To go buy new ones. (Which I didn't do. I disconnected my phones and tried a neighbor's new phones in my jacks.)

I called today to speak with a someone about having the service charge corrected. He just tried to sell me on switching to Fios. I told him that if nobody was going to help unless I did that, they should have told me that (weeks ago). I also reminded him that switching to Fios would require a tech visit INSIDE MY HOUSE to see what the problem is. And I told him I have no confidence they will actually show up to do that. Put me on hold and has not come back. It's been close to an hour now ---- I'm not hanging up. I'm going to see just how long it takes for them to come back or disconnect me. Worse Customer Service I've ever encountered. I'm not paying for a service call unless they can prove somebody showed up at my door. Which they can't ----.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have had landline problems for years and Verizon simply does NOT care. I've had several technicians tell me they'll never fix this - it costs them money. I live in a rural area where the lines are old and copper. The Techs have said they (Verizon) won't do anything. All that happens is I call and complain. A tech comes 2-3 times, one is finally honest enough to tell me there aren't enough "pairs" in the box, so he'll change mine, but the fix will be temporary. AND IT ALWAYS IS!

Inevitably, another customer near me must experience problems, call them, go through the SAME run-a-round, they switch their pairs, mine eventually go back to the "bad" pairs, and PROBLEMS again! It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the phone line, but it also affects my INTERNET, which is DSL (YES, they won't even upgrade THAT). I'm so sick of it, but there are no other companies where I live that have cable service to my house. This really stinks and Verizon gets away with it. I WISH the FTC would step in once and for all. This is robbery.

Original review: June 27, 2019

They always claim they did but they did not. Go ** yourself. Hope all service who lies and their family will painfully burn in hell. I ask for an insurance on my phone. Two agents told me it is on my phone. But it is not. ** and your family. ** deeply. ** your dog.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I would give Verison a zero but it won't let me. I had a home phone account for ten years always up to date on payments. The phone was in my wife's name. In October no one was going to be at the house for 8 months, they have no away/sleeper plan like DirecTV. So I cancelled the phone to restart in June. Unfortunately my wife is no longer with us. I set up an account taking two hours in April and finally set to turn on June 1, 2019. They have no info regarding this and now I was on the phone for three hours on May 31 trying to set it up again. They now require 250.00 deposit from me after being a customer in good standing for ten years because I don't have an American social number.

If there was any other service available where the house is I would have options but there is no internet, no cell service, and TV only by satellite. Verizon is criminal in their way they treat customers and know they can treat you like garbage because there is no other service provider in this part of New York state. New York has mandated by 2020 services have to be increased and reach every part of the state. When it does I will surely make changes!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Requested landline services on two occasions. Was given dates and times that services would be initiated. Service was never connected. Called customer support and they acknowledged that service had never been connected. There was no usage on the line. Contacted Verizon again to setup internet calling. Assured service would start. Never did. Received a bill for phone service. Called and explained that service was never connected.

The consultant agreed and said that he would take care of it. Didn't happen. Received another bill, now past due. Called again, assured it would be remedied. Received a letter from collection agency. Called and disputed any past due because service was never started. Didn't hear back. Reviewed my credit report and the Verizon account appears as delinquent and my credit score has suffered as a result. I have never had a delinquent account. Any attempt to acquire credit, mortgage, etc., will be affected by Verizon's negligent business practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Update on 05/04/2019: My landline has been disrupted for THREE MONTHS. Yes, 3 months without service. A repairman came to my apartment yesterday in an attempt to solve the problem. Unfortunately, I am told that Verizon needs another THREE MONTHS to fix the phone. From this day forward I will post a day count of the days without service every single day until Verizon figures out how to repair the problem. Today is 90 days without service.

Original Review: I’ve waited more than 10 weeks to write this review because I continued to believe that my phone would be repaired. Unfortunately, I was wrong! February 15, 2019 I reported to Verizon that my landline phone was not working. Today is May 3 and the phone has still not been repaired. Although Verizon arranged 5 different appointments for a technician to visit my apartment, not once did anyone show up. I have spent many hours on the phone with Verizon and I just do not know what to do. I’ve been a customer of Verizon more than 30 years and I cannot believe their service is this bad. Been a loyal customer of Verizon for more than 30 years. February 15, 2019.

Original review: April 25, 2019

It is over a year now, I have Nomorobo, reported annoying calls, called Verizon who advised me to call *60 and block the #, with a cost of course. The *60... "The feature is not available for this service" is what I get. Well, my 92 yr old mother was advised not to answer the phone if it reads spam, but now, it is a # ** along with a name Claudette **. If you don't answer, they leave a message regarding credit card schemes. REPEATEDLY SAME NAME AND NUMBER PHONES ME DAILY AND LEAVES CREDIT CARD OFFERS. Initially, I requested the option not to call, but here we go again. So Verizon makes more $$$ blocking, and now selling a machine to block. I wouldn't be surprised if these calls are a gimmick to generate more $$$$$$$ so I pay $160 a month to be annoyed????

Original review: April 19, 2019

I got the home mobile phone service which I was told once I pay off the box all I need to pay is the monthly fee of $20 plus tax. I asked if it’s a contract and was told no. I have been with them since last year, because I moved location, I didn’t get my bill and eventually my service was disconnected. I called them and they said the only way they can connect me is to pay my balance. I had a bal of $100.88, how it was calculated I don’t know. I went ahead and pay that balance and they promised me it should be on in two hrs, 3 days later I wanted to make a call but it’s was just engage. I then use my phone to call the number and got the message my phone was not in service. When I called them I was been transferred from one department to other.

After hours of frustration I spoke to someone that said my service has been disconnected and I will need to pay $125 before they can reconnect me. They lie to me and trick me to pay without keeping their promise of connecting my service back. Now when I said I can’t pay that I got a bill stating early termination fee of $120. Be aware of them because they say something and do something else. I don’t trust them. Also customer service is horrible, they will keep transferring you from one dept to other. BEWARE.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have been a longstanding Verizon customer (over 10 years). When I purchased a new home in 2013, I transferred my existing phone number to the new house. Verizon during the construction phase prior to my approval. I spent many many hours with customer service to resolve the issue to no avail. I even offered to pay the amount if they would apply it to my current bill. They would not. So I said, "Then I would not pay..." Now 5 years later I am still dealing with the issue.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I was without a landline From Dec. 30, 2018 until Jan. 22, 2019 and again from Feb.3, 2019 to Feb. 5, 2019. This was a major outage in my area due to poor maintenance on underground cables. First I was told that an automatic credit would go thru on my bill when the line was fixed... That is not true. I spoke to associates many times...was told someone would call me back when they had an answer as to why no credit...they never called back.

Late charges were added to my bill and I never had service. I finally cancelled and went with Spectrum. Today March's bill arrives and still no credit. After speaking again with an associate I was told there is an "in house" credit on my bill that does not show on the paper bill sent to me. They told me to pay the 22.00, my bill should be. Why would an in house credit show but not on your bill??? Verizon wanted to wear me down and get so frustrated that I would have paid the 148.00 bill that was in error. They do this on purpose. I was told that in April I would get a bill with a zero balance but I am not holding my breath. I have no respect for this company.

Verizon Home Phone Service Company Information