1.05/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Verizon Home Phone Service

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

811 Verizon Home Phone Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

After renting my home for twenty-years my current landlord decided to sell the property. So, after finding a new place, I decided to cancel my "My Verizon' telephone landline service. I called them only to get a message saying that my wait-time would be more than a hour. After an hour of elevator music, I decided to hang up and call them the next day. First, I went downtown, with my laptop, to a cafe and logged on to the 'My Verizon' where, after painstaking navigation I finally ended up having to chat with someone named Stan. I told him that I wanted to cancel the service and that I would be home tomorrow morning waiting for Verizon to call. He said that he would 'Leave a note with [Verizon}". The next morning they never called.

So, I again attempted to call them only to have to wait TWO-AND-ONE-HALF-HOURS before a service rep named Fran finally replied. I was able to finally FREE myself from Verizon and am no longer being held hostage by them. Getting Verizon telephone service is quick & easy. Upgrading to or transferring your telephone service is quick & easy. Paying your bill online is quick & easy. But try to cancel service and they will try their best to discourage you from cancelling. I will never praise or recommend ANY VERIZON SERVICE TO ANYONE WHO WALKS THE FACE OF THE EARTH... NEVER ... EVER!!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I just want to put it out there....I found it unacceptable to leave an 87yr old woman with no phone service after calling in from someone else's phone for an emergency repair. When the rep came out to the site, the neighbor wouldn't allow him on her backyard property because she was going out, leaving the Verizon customer yet with another worrisome day and praying she wouldn't have to call 911. Shame on you Verizon!

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Verizon put me into collections and destroyed my 840 credit score. I am suing them for the maximum amount for damages. Verizon never credited my refund for a failed DSL service installation. It is impossible to reach anyone competent in their organization to get billing issues resolved (their phone system seems to be programmed to hang up on you after 40 minutes of hold time). We need more class action lawsuits to help the meek customer fight back against their unethical business practices. Lawyers, Please Help us!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Customer service is horrible. Never can make simple things for them to be done. It's been 2 months. I can't even switch my payment option from one card to another. Spending my time chatting to robot for an hour and at the end he said: "How can I help you". Lol. Are you kidding me?? Sick! Wasted my time. 2 months ago I finally has opportunity to talk to a live rep and supervisor. Spent 50 min on the phone and today got email that my payment didn't go through. Hahaha. Of course because bunch of idiots never do their job. Now, it's been 2 months and I can't even make a payment because, #1 you can't ever talk to a live person and #2 even if you do you get lied to. Plus, reception is horrible. I'm canceling my service. I had worst experience with Verizon. I regret I wasted so much money with these wolves.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve had AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and now have Verizon. I switched from T-Mobile to get my kids the gizmo watches and usually everyone raves about Verizon. My experience has been horrible. When I switched I have it in writing that I would be getting a rebate! Nope. They have not honored it. The service/reception is way worse than T-Mobile and it’s more expensive!! So, more expensive and worse! The customer service is horrible! I’ve been flat out lied to. And even though I have things in writing, so far the company doesn’t care.

Check your bills closely, there’s going to be hidden fees etc. I can’t wait till my contract is up and I can leave Verizon. I might leave sooner! How can a rep write my contract and then decline to follow through? The service isn’t better than anyone either. I was actually in the Bahamas with my T-Mobile phone and my traveling buddies each had either Verizon or AT&T. I was the only one that had service, and it was cheaper than both the others. I’d would avoid Verizon and go to T-Mobile or elsewhere. I’ve never been more disappointed in a phone company. I didn’t expect much for the others, but they surpass Verizon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Condescending Jordan and worthless Manny wasted 30 minutes of our time and offered no help whatsoever! Do not again Do not use Verizon landline home service! They are Awful!!! In addition they refused to identify themselves and would not provide ID numbers!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Updated on 07/24/2019: I did finally hang up after the first Verizon rep (man) put me on "forever" hold, and called back. I got another Verizon rep (woman) that time, that arranged a credit for the service call. Said it should not have been billed since I pay a monthly charge for that type of service. While my overall experience with Verizon is still unpleasant, this one issue, among all the others was resolved. But it took over an hour and a half of hold time to for that to happen.

Original Review: After close to five weeks of service related appointments (for landline) that were not kept (nobody showed up, I had to call and hold on Verizon to find out they had been moved to the next day or canceled) I received a charge for a service visit. Even though I pay for Inside Wire Maintenance every single month. And there has never ONCE been a service tech that knocked on my door. Not one time. One "called me from the "box". Said he was outside my house. But declined coming in my house as he said the problem was fixed. Ants in the box. I told him I still didn't have good sound quality on the call (pops and crackles) and he told me it had to be my phones. To go buy new ones. (Which I didn't do. I disconnected my phones and tried a neighbor's new phones in my jacks.)

I called today to speak with a someone about having the service charge corrected. He just tried to sell me on switching to Fios. I told him that if nobody was going to help unless I did that, they should have told me that (weeks ago). I also reminded him that switching to Fios would require a tech visit INSIDE MY HOUSE to see what the problem is. And I told him I have no confidence they will actually show up to do that. Put me on hold and has not come back. It's been close to an hour now ---- I'm not hanging up. I'm going to see just how long it takes for them to come back or disconnect me. Worse Customer Service I've ever encountered. I'm not paying for a service call unless they can prove somebody showed up at my door. Which they can't ----.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have had landline problems for years and Verizon simply does NOT care. I've had several technicians tell me they'll never fix this - it costs them money. I live in a rural area where the lines are old and copper. The Techs have said they (Verizon) won't do anything. All that happens is I call and complain. A tech comes 2-3 times, one is finally honest enough to tell me there aren't enough "pairs" in the box, so he'll change mine, but the fix will be temporary. AND IT ALWAYS IS!

Inevitably, another customer near me must experience problems, call them, go through the SAME run-a-round, they switch their pairs, mine eventually go back to the "bad" pairs, and PROBLEMS again! It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the phone line, but it also affects my INTERNET, which is DSL (YES, they won't even upgrade THAT). I'm so sick of it, but there are no other companies where I live that have cable service to my house. This really stinks and Verizon gets away with it. I WISH the FTC would step in once and for all. This is robbery.

Original review: June 27, 2019

They always claim they did but they did not. Go ** yourself. Hope all service who lies and their family will painfully burn in hell. I ask for an insurance on my phone. Two agents told me it is on my phone. But it is not. ** and your family. ** deeply. ** your dog.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I would give Verison a zero but it won't let me. I had a home phone account for ten years always up to date on payments. The phone was in my wife's name. In October no one was going to be at the house for 8 months, they have no away/sleeper plan like DirecTV. So I cancelled the phone to restart in June. Unfortunately my wife is no longer with us. I set up an account taking two hours in April and finally set to turn on June 1, 2019. They have no info regarding this and now I was on the phone for three hours on May 31 trying to set it up again. They now require 250.00 deposit from me after being a customer in good standing for ten years because I don't have an American social number.

If there was any other service available where the house is I would have options but there is no internet, no cell service, and TV only by satellite. Verizon is criminal in their way they treat customers and know they can treat you like garbage because there is no other service provider in this part of New York state. New York has mandated by 2020 services have to be increased and reach every part of the state. When it does I will surely make changes!

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon, a publically-traded company, was founded in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. The new company provided both local phone service and mobile phone service. Today, Verizon Residential offers home phone, Internet and television service. Customers can receive discounts when they bundle multiple services. Plans will vary depending on whether customers have Verizon’s FiOS or LTE services.

• Fiber optic service: In some markets, customers have access to FiOS, Verizon’s fiber optic phone, television and Internet service. Fiber optic services uses glass wires that transmit data with light, offering higher speeds and more reliability than traditional cables.

• 4G LTE service: Individuals living in areas where Verizon FiOS isn’t available can still subscribe to Verizon’s LTE Internet and home phone service. This service uses an Internet route to place voice calls on the company’s LTE mobile network.

• Extra features: Those with FiOS receive a variety of extra features, including call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, readable voicemail and more.

• Carryover data: Customers with LTE home phone service will automatically be enrolled in Carryover data, so any unused data at the end of the month is rolled over to the following month. This service is included for free.

• International plans: FiOS customers can choose an international plan that lets customers call over 100 countries for one monthly fee. LTE customers can choose to include service to make calls when they travel to Mexico or Canada.

• Best for: Verizon home phone service is best for residential customers and small business owners who want the option to bundle multiple services and/or are interested in fiber optic service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs