Verizon Home Phone Service

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mother is in a nursing facility and they only use Verizon. She moved from bed A to bed B and was charged $212.42. The nursing facility said this was unheard of and paid $99.42 to help out. My mother is 99 years old and just wanted to be by a window. Both sides of the room had working phones so why this charge? I have been going back and forth with Verizon for months now and just finally paid off her bill since they were charging late fees. Shame on Verizon for gouging their prices in this situation. I hope the facility will change their phone policy and let us go with another company or I wish I could find a cell phone for someone with a hearing disability - but I won't be using Verizon.

I have not had a dial tone on my phone for about 20 hours or so every day for a couple of weeks. I thought it was because of work being done in the neighborhood, since I would always see the Verizon truck around the block. But last week I decided to ask the technician in the truck. He said that my non working phone didn't have to do with the Verizon truck and told me to call Verizon for a technician to repair my phone. He said my wires were probably crossed. I called the week of January 31 (I believe) when I got a dial tone. I told the Verizon person who answered the phone that I would be away and that the earliest Verizon appointment I could take was February 6. So the person put me down for a technician appointment for February 6 Monday between 8am and noon.

On February 6 in the am I kept checking my phone for a dial tone and finally got one about 10am. I wanted to confirm my appointment with Verizon to make certain a technician would show up. The woman who answered the phone in the Inline Repair Department was very courteous and explained to me that no technician would be at my house February 6 because an appointment had been set up for the previous week. I told her the appointment had been set up for February 6 between 8am and noon, since I had explained to the Verizon clerk that I would be away the previous week. Cheri kindly put me down for a technician appointment for Wednesday February 8 between 8am and noon. Meantime, a friend was very worried about me that she hadn't been able to reach me for weeks, and was just getting a busy signal when she called. Truly a terrible company!

Never, never, never will I attempt to access new, lower cost services at Verizon again. My phone has been non-working for over a month. I have been transferred from department to department, from representative to representative, all of whom profusely apologize and then tell me that they can't help. I must have spent at least 12 hours on the phone attempting to get this issue corrected. They finally scheduled an appointment with a tech to come to my apartment. However, they were unable to confirm the appointment and never showed up. Given the fact that they were calling the computer line, rather than my cell phone (although they'd repeatedly texted me prior to this), this was unsurprising. Verizon has the worst customer service in the known (and possibly unknown) world. I will be switching to any other phone company as soon as Verizon manages to get the line working again possibly – by the time I am dead.

December 23, 2016, a Verizon technician came out to place all of my services on one line; I had two before my sister moved. The technician came out and completed that order. I called Verizon on the same day to have the 2nd line turned off. Everything was turned off? I scheduled service again and on December 30, 2016 another technician came out and fixed the problem (he had to go to a box in the community, down the street from where I live to flip a switch). I called Verizon back and asked that they turn off the 2nd line. The customer service representative told me that my next payment would reflect the changes. When I signed on today to pay my bill, it still showed I had 2 lines and the payment was the same.

I called customer service; the representative told me that I had to pay the bill because the 2nd line was not cut off until 3 days after my bill due date and a credit would be reflected next month! She also told me that if I only paid what was due after she gave me the correct amount, I would be charged a late fee! She was also very rude in relaying this information. This company screwed up and now I have to pay for their screw up! This is ridiculous and frustrating! Verizon charges you in advance of your service for the month. A multi-billion dollar company cannot make adjustments in advance when they charge you in advance? Once I see that they have correctly applied my credits, I am going to switch out all my services (phone, tv, and internet). I feel for those who do not have an option. If you are considering Verizon, don't!

Verizon users who have an unlimited plan for data beware! In early January 2017 I received a letter from Verizon stating that "your current unlimited data plan will no longer be offered". I had until February 16, 2017 to respond to this letter and change my plan or face the possibility of "interruption" of service. Approximately a week after receiving this letter I decide to call Verizon and see what my options were. I decided to go with the 24 GB data plan per month and the representative I talked to quoted me a price. Before I hung-up with this representative I received 3 text messages and e-mails stating (1) Out of data; (2) In Safety Mode; (3) Ran out of data and being charged overages. With 195 GB being used on the old unlimited plan minus 24 GB on the new plan, I owed for 171 GB at $15.00 per GB or $2565.00.

I immediately called Verizon back and talked to a different representative who stated that she switched to the new plan in the middle of a billing cycle and that's why I incurred a high data usage bill. This representative switched me to the 100 GB data plan which still left me owing for 95 GB at $15.00 per GB or $1425.00! If the first representative had told me to wait until the beginning of my next billing cycle to change plans I would not be in this situation today. To date I have received text messages stating that phone service will be disconnected and I have been locked out of my internet account with Verizon. So much for being a valued customer (8 years) and Verizon making this a smooth transition to a new plan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

My remote transfer business line has been without reason disconnected for over 2 months with zero balance owed. I have lost tens of thousands of dollars in sales and not only has Verizon failed to repair after many calls to Verizon and speaking to many service assistance all very rude, insulting and always wasting time asking your needs to say they can't help must transfer. The transfer process bounces back to 5-7 different people all without passion to help or any apologies for the issue. If you ask for supervisor, that's a joke! They all portray that supervisor position rather than actually transferring to a supervisor. I was told there is no explanation why my business line when called says "the number you called is temporary disconnected".

It's not only a huge loss of income (Approx. $50,000 +/- ). But how embarrassing to have many new and steady dedicated clients be informed that your number is turned off for lack of payment (meaning of temporary disconnect). I was promised to have immediately repaired and even received text stating the repair is completed. Well my business line is still disconnected and I am at the point to file a lawsuit for substantial loss of business and revenue. I refuse to make another phone call for assistance as it is totally useless and insulting. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

I have been reading the other reviews and I have the same problem --whenever the weather is cloudy or rainy, my landline phone is impossible to use. There is horrible noise and static. Service is so hard to get --I am fed up paying for phone service that I cannot use! If you get to speak to a Verizon rep they just want to talk me into getting FiOS. Why would I want to try a different service from them when I am so unhappy with my current service?!

Verizon's home phone service costs $59.99/month before taxes and fees. They offer "Unlimited local, regional toll and long distance calling across the U.S. and to Canada and Puerto Rico, Home Voice Mail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, [and] 3-Way Calling" with their home phone service. They have no options to remove any of these features to make the service cost less (like TimeWarner's reasonably priced $19.99/month), and I'm pretty sure they have a monopoly in my area. I know they are trying to get me to buy a bundle to "save" on the home phone service.

For example, I can get DirecTV + Home Phone for $54.99/month, effectively making the home phone service cost -$5, but since I can't get satellite at my home because of the treeline this bundle is WORTHLESS to me. I live in the country and I have ZERO other options for internet than dial up. Believe me, I have tried. Verizon's DSL service in my neighborhood is FULL, as I said before I can't do satellite because of the trees, and we don't get cable in our neck of the woods.

I have had Verizon Wireless 30GB plan for over a year that costs $300/month (NOT even joking), but it recently stopped allowing us to connect to the 4G service (I think the coverage changed, YIPPEE). I am a SAHM and I do online school, so my only option, LITERALLY, is to drive 30 miles into the next town EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. To stay at my parents' house for the day and do my school work. I can't go to my local library because I have two small children to watch over as well. Dial up would serve my purposes just fine but it is OVER TWICE THE MONTHLY COST OF DIAL UP just to get a landline at my house. Verizon is EVIL.

This is the most frustrating thing ever!!! Gets harder every time to sign in. Either it won't accept my security question answer or my security code. I hate it!! All I wanted to do is add time!!! What the f? Are we criminals just because we want to add time without using the phone? If using the phone it talk many long min of babble just to get it done so I try to go to my account to add it and that is even worse!!! What do I have to do get a new phone provider to make it more simple???

I am writing this complaint because as of right now I have been on hold for customer service 2 hrs & 15 min. And still no one has answered. That is ridiculous. This is the longest I have ever been on hold with any customer service company that I had to call. What is the problem? How can you do this to your customers? I am seriously thinking of going back to optimum based on their good customer service alone. I hope Consumer Affairs will do something about this. Ok make that now 2 & 1/2 hrs. If you notice also I am giving C.S. "0" rating.

Verizon Has been over billing me for the past months. Since I got out the contract with them all my bills have been tripling with them. If there is anyone or more than one person who has been getting the same thing let all come together. They just took out money off my bank account more than once in one week. On 12/22/16 I paid them. Then again money was taking out on 12/14/16.

I was a long-time customer with Verizon until I could no longer afford their ever-increasing fees for service. After my service was terminated with Verizon, I entered into service with a different provider. Verizon later reactivated my service without my knowledge nor my consent. Then they had the audacity to charge me for service I did not need nor request. The disputed amount is less than $100 but I refuse to pay for services I did not receive. Verizon insists these charges are legitimate despite documentation I have outlining the timeline for events. So Verizon has listed my account as "delinquent" on the major credit reporting agencies in order to bully me into paying that which I am not responsible. As a $131.6 billion dollar corporation they feel the need to take advantage of a former (good) customer. If you have a choice, please do not do business with Verizon. Thanks for reading.

On 11/20/2016 I called Verizon, in order to drop the landline off of my account. I have an account with landline, internet and TV. The first representative, Gary took my information, told me there was no problem. He said the new service would be $128.95, but I may get a better deal if I signed a new contract, and put me on hold about five times from 5:37 until 6:23. We were then disconnected?? I called back at 6:26 and spoke with Jeff for 22 minutes. He said he could drop the T.V. and my rate would go to $112.25. I told him that was fine and we said ok.

Jeff sent an email confirmation. When I checked the confirmation, I noticed a difference in the T.V. package from a Prime HD to Local. I called back again at 7:03 and spent another 46 minutes on the cell phone with Chester. Chester said he could restore my T.V. to Prime HD for another $30.00 on top of the $112.25. I asked for a supervisor and never got one. I truly believe that they are incapable, and unwilling to do any kind of conflict mediation. Tired of being jerked around by utility companies.

After spending 2 hours with 8 different Fios reps, I learned that I cannot suspend my TV and Internet and keep my phone service going for 5 weeks. This is a major hardship because I need to leave the area several times a year for weeks to take care of my 95-96 year old parents. Fios has done this kind of suspension for the last 4 years but just changed their policy so that if you have a bundle, you must suspend all parts of the bundle or unbundle and pay $75-100 more per month. I have been a loyal Fios customer for 9 years. But I will be looking for either a new service for everything or separate phone service. Too bad Verizon changes policies so that long-time customers have no choice but to leave. On top of that, Verizon suspended my tv and internet 6 days earlier than the date I gave them and I have had to spend 1 hour with 3 reps to get these services back.

I have automatic withdrawal to pay for my phone service. For the month of November 2016 they deducted the phone payment twice from my bank. I contacted my bank and was told they received two automated deductions - so the bank is paying Verizon twice. I tried to contact Verizon by phone but was unable because there is no customer support number on their website. So I went to the store and was told I had to speak to Verizon on the phone. They dialed through and I waited almost 20 minutes on the phone to resolve this issue. Verizon then told me they only received one payment - my bank was wrong. There was nothing Verizon would do to satisfy my concerns so now I am left with paying over $100 for one month's phone service because Verizon blames the bank and the bank blames Verizon. There is no win.

Verizon purposely does allow customers to contact a person on the phone by not publishing a number where you can talk to a contact person. All their phone lines take you to automated recordings. Then their store will not do anything because they are not allowed to do so. So basically Verizon can charge whatever they want and there is no resolution. Because of the way the United States has divided up the country with telephone towers, the only reliable phone service in Rockford Illinois is Verizon. So I pay double whenever Verizon chooses to charge because there is no choice and no one at Verizon who will search for a resolution. "Contact your bank" even though I have and was told "Contact Verizon". Not great service - what a shame Americans have no choice but to accept less than adequate service and pay enormous fees.

I originally complained in the spring of 2016 about static and noise on my landline, and most recently Sept. 2nd. This occurs every time it rains and days after until the ground totally dries out. This also affects my internet. You would think it would be an easy fix. I have contacted so many agents for Verizon over the year. Lately I will only talk to supervisors, but that has got me nowhere. I get so many apologies, but nothing gets resolved. Verizon is not the company that they used to be. One department does not know what the other is doing and they can't get it together. Too bad. I plan to not pay any more of my bills until it is fixed. Also, looking for another phone/internet option in my area.

I have contacted Verizon 7 times concerning the damage to my roof because Verizon placed too many cables on the hook attached to the roof fascia board. A technician did show up to move the cable hook and remove the extra lines that were dragging in my neighbor's yard. However, Verizon has not sent someone out to repair the roof. I have submitted several tickets and never get a call from the local field office. Instead the tickets get closed and I have to reopen them. There is no excuse for such poor service and incompetence in installing the cable lines.

Every time it rains, luckily not that often this year, we have no line. I call, they take info, do all the test.... etc etc and 20 min later I have an appointment 7 to 10 days from now!!!! If it stays warm and sunny there is no more problem when they come out say "It's fixed," NO it isn't and never was. This is the 4th time this year alone. Should I not at the least get a month taken off my invoice? Should it not finally be fixed for good? Should I dump the landline, my AT&T cell service works perfect.

Seven months of static of home phone. They just don't want to repair right because it's a landline. They come fix it for about two weeks then it goes bad again. Each time it takes about a week to get them here. I'm stuck with them because all my business cards have that number on them and I can't change phone companies without losing my #.

On April 4 2016, I switched my family wireless phone service from AT&T to Verizon at the time they had Promotion # 54-456 were they would pay up to $600.00 per line to switch service to Verizon. I brought over my family service consisting of 3 lines (3 phones). Is been now six months (Sept 14, 2014), I have spoken multiple times with their customer service representatives and managers, been bounced around from department to department, have resubmitted my paperwork multiple times as they requested, and still have not received any money from Verizon. To add insult to injury, the cellular phone service is worse than AT&T, we keep getting drop calls, no service and no messaging. We are waiting for our contract to expire to go back to AT&T. Stay away from Verizon!!!

My two-year contract is up today. I called Verizon to find out what they would offer for the next few years. They wanted charge me more for internet and phone. I ask the person on the phone if they could do better with the cost that was being ask for, no go, so I ask to talk to a supervisor and was told "I am the supervisor." So I ask what my bill would be for just the phone line before taxes, it was one dollar more than if it was bundle with Fios. My phone went up by fifty percent over the last two years. I've canceled both phone and internet after several decades with Verizon. I've purchased a cell phone for the house to keep my phone # and bought a sim card from an inexpensive phone service which seems a pretty good service on the east coast (same as my cell phone).

My parents live in Northern New York and spent the winter in Clemson, SC. The address on their Verizon land line bill for Northern New York was being sent to their Clemson address. The parents no longer will be spending the winter in Clemson. Naturally all bills will now be going to their NY address. We called Verizon to try to change the monthly bill from going to Clemson. Just a simple address change. No big deal one would think. Well not with Verizon. We called the Verizon CS number and were put on hold for over 35 minutes without ever talking to a customer service representative just to change an address. Verizon has the worst customer service unless you are spending money with them. Thumbs down to Verizon.

Since May 2016, I've been battling with the service department at Verizon to restore my home telephone line. We lost dial tone after a storm. After 3 maintenance tickets between May and July, it was FINALLY determined that the cable from the telephone pole to the box on outside of our house was bad. It took 3 tickets to determine this. Another 2 weeks pass, no phone service, a line was dug but they left the cable UNCONNECTED and ROLLED UP at the pole AND at my house. Since that cable was left, it's been another 2 weeks. No sight of Verizon coming to fix. I call AGAIN today. No one can come to fix for yet ANOTHER WEEK! How do you drop cable and don't come back out to completely fix and correct the problem?

Of course, I have been paying my bill. All yet without service. Today, I was hung up on after trying to explain this to a billing customer service rep who told me that they would not credit my account until the problem was fixed. THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. The worst customer care and service departments I have ever dealt with. If there was another phone company that serviced my road for both home and internet, I would cancel all my Verizon accounts and switch, including a business account. Completely unacceptable in today's world.

Mom's phone had static, which has occurred numerous times this year. Came a day later then we were told, and after we were told the phone was fixed, we discovered that the repairman left her without a dial tone. I have had to call back twice and each time have been on hold for about 30 minutes. It is now 9:50 pm so I anticipate no phone service for the night even though my mom is disabled. Still on hold so it's now over half hour. The diagnosis was bad outside wiring, which should have been fixed on one of the prior service calls. Static is gone I think, but no dial tone.

Trying to report no dial tone on my line was very frustrating experience. Using number provided for calling Verizon the automated service first asked for a PIN number which they said I had. Later I learned there was no My Verizon account established for me and certainly no PIN number. Was not able to speak with any representative; the earliest appointment offered was for 5 days later. Having had this no dial tone problem often in the past I knew it was a Verizon issue. Tried to call and sort out the account and PIN number problem. Despite multiple efforts was not able to get that resolved. Apparently they kept sending temp PIN to my no working phone number instead of my mobile phone (T-Mobile) even though that number was getting the messages about the repair ticket.

Later found that neighbor also had no service as well. So called the Verizon number again and eventually was able to get a service representative who told me there were 11 other customers reporting problems in my area. Problem was fixed a day later and the mobile reply message was "Verizon tested your line. The trouble shows to be with your phone or wiring. Please check, if working reply CLOSE to cancel ticket." Avoiding any accountability for the problem issue. Of course my phones now worked fine.

I can understand that phone lines can have problems occasionally, but customer interface provided by Verizon is extremely frustrating. If my bank was this difficult to deal with, I would change banks. Verizon has a monopoly on my landline, and they are close to having me just go mobile. And it will not be with Verizon. PS. I never have such problems getting help with my internet provider (Comcast).

I paid off my current phone 6 months early to be eligible to upgrade to a new phone. Verizon reps were rude, uncaring and unhelpful. For 3 days I fought with Verizon. They were even rude to a Verizon store manager. How's that for service or lack of!! All because I used a Verizon online purchase on a Verizon website instead of driving 1/2 hour to the closest Verizon store. NEVER AGAIN! I suggest never purchasing anything through Verizon online. They hold your purchase hostage and refuse to help you.

My Verizon email account stopped working this morning. My Verizon account would not accept my password and insisted on sending a new password to an email address that does not exist. The human technician was courteous and helpful once I reached him. However, I found that reaching the human through their automated phone system to be extremely frustrating, confusing and virtually impossible.

I have Sprint phone and I decided to get Verizon for my business cell as well as a personal hotspot. I asked the service rep who sold me the phone and hot spot if the speed would be just as fast as my Sprint phone (which has a tether internet). He said it would be faster because Verizon has better service, and that is NOT the case. The service was acceptable but very very slow compared to my Sprint hotspot and of course regular internet.

Cancelling my hotspot and phone was is a whole different story. It's impossible to find the phone number, then you have to do a phone scavenger hunt to actually get a person to talk with. All the other phone providers have no contract anymore... Except Verizon (which they recently ceased with). I happened to have signed one. Luckily I only had a couple months left. So I paid the cancellation fee and the lady told me it would be cancelled. She lied because I got charged one more billing cycle because of a 30-day cancellation policy they have that she didn't tell me about when I paid the cancellation fee to cancel the service.

I discovered at the end of March of this year (2016) that my home landline was basically dead. There was no dial tone and instead, I would hear a loud hiss on the line, on both of my home phones. Originally, I thought the problem was with the phone, or phones, themselves since I still had internet access which I also receive from Verizon. I went online on 3/31/16 and arranged for a repair appointment for 4/5/16. The repair tech arrived within the given time frame, first checking out the line in my apartment, then checking at the box where the external line connects with the building. He discovered that there was no signal coming into the building for my apartment. I must assume that the other two apartments in the building had signals coming in since, as far as I know, they haven't had any problems with their phones. The tech then told me that he needed to access the line on the telephone pole, that was actually in a neighbor's yard.

The problem was that this pole had been, in the tech's words, "condemned"! Some time in the past, Verizon had installed a second pole abutting the condemned one, strapping them together to provide support. The secondary problem was that these poles were right up against the fence separating that backyard from another neighbor. The tech tried to access the wiring on the pole by securing a ladder to both poles. The next problem came about by the fact that the tech could not reach the wiring, which remains on the "condemned" pole, because of the orientation of the poles and the fence. He said that he would have to go in the second backyard to be able to reach the wiring, but he was hesitant to do so because it would mean that he would need to have the ladder reaching over the fence to get to the poles, which would make it difficult to secure it safely.

He then went to check it out in the second yard, which he found locked by a chain and padlock. He rang to doorbells to the apartments at that address, but no one answered. In other words, he could do nothing. The tech said that he would have to send the repair ticket "back" since he couldn't fix the issue that day. He further said that someone would have to come out at another date, bringing the proper equipment so that they could safely access the line on the condemned pole. I asked what the proper equipment would be and he indicated that a lift would probably be needed, to avoid the need to run a ladder over the fence. He said that he would give the info to his supervisor and let him figure out what exactly needed to be done. I waited approximately a week and heard nothing at all from Verizon.

So I went online and chatted with an agent, during which another repair appointment was scheduled for the following Monday, between 8 a.m and 12 noon. This was in April, but I don't remember the date. Well, I got up at 7:30 which is early for me since I work the second shift. I waited all morning but no one showed up! No call or email. A morning wasted. I waited close to a week before once again going online to schedule a third repair appointment. I explained all of the idiosyncrasies of my situation to the online agent, i.e. condemned pole, fence, the chained-shut neighbor's backyard fence being the access issues. I was told that all of this info would be passed along to the repair tech. Again, the time frame given was 8 a.m to 12 noon, on what I think was Thursday, either 4/14 or 4/21. I know it was after the Verizon strike, oh I'm sorry, work stoppage. A pair of repairmen arrived on the scheduled day, and within the given time frame.

I don't think that they were typical techs, because of the strike. They struck me more as office workers or supervisors who were sent because of the strike. Regardless, they were clueless to my particular situation. They came in a regular repair truck, without a lift. They went into the adjacent yard to look at the condemned pole. One said that the old pole had climbing spikes, at which time the second one reminded him what they had been taught in "pole climbing school", that they were to specifically to abstain from climbing the spikes since they were only on old poles and therefore couldn't be trusted. They then went over to the yard with the chain and padlock which were still there. They managed to find someone home on the first floor who gave them the phone number to the landlord.

The Verizon guys left after getting that landlord's number, saying that someone from Verizon would be contacting the landlord to schedule a day that the poles in question could be accessed to complete the repair. On the following Sunday, at approximately 9:01 a.m., I was awoken by my cell phone ringing. I wasn't able to answer it in time so I went back to sleep. Later, I checked it and found a message from a Verizon representative asking if I could get the telephone number to the landlord of the second backyard that was chained shut! She said that, normally Verizon would get that phone number themselves, but they were shorthanded due to the "work stoppage". I wish that I had been able to speak with her when she originally called, since the techs that been here the previous week had actually gotten that phone number. And, as she said in her message, getting the number to complete the repair was Verizon's job, not mine.

Well, to make a long story short, I still have no telephone service. But,. Verizon keeps billing me for it! I did go through another online chat with Verizon to contest the bill. First, they denied that I had ever made a repair request. Secondly, then said that they did find a request that had been opened and closed on the same day, 4/1/16. I called them out on that since a visit had been made on 4/5 during which nothing was accomplished. Oh, right, then they were able to find that visit but denied that a second one had ever been made. I made them check again and, voila, there had been a second repair ticket created! I don't know if they had a record of the visit itself. The rep then said that the repair ticket was opened on 4/16 and closed on 4/21. I asked why the repair ticket had been closed since no repair had been accomplished, or even attempted.

I was told there was no record of why the ticket was closed, but they could give me a billing adjustment for the period that it had been open, you know, those SIX DAYS, despite the fact that I had been without service for over 2 months by that time! I told them that was unacceptable, and was informed that the Verizon policy was that they would only make an adjustment for the time a repair ticket was open! I told them that my policy was not to pay for services that I don't get, and it wasn't my fault that the ticket was closed without any repairs being done. The 'chat' ended quickly after that. Since then, Verizon continues to threaten to shut my service off for non-payment. I'm an honest man so, since I get my home phone and internet in a bundle, (the bills explain the allocation of the charges between the two services), I have continued to make partial payments of 58% of the bill, because that's what the percentage of the DSL is out of the total.

This has satisfied Verizon to a degree since they don't recognize what my payment is for; they only care that they receive money. Sooner or later the remainder of the bill will get large enough that it will carry over a full month's charge. I did schedule a FOURTH repair appointment for tomorrow, that I'm trying to cancel since something came up. But the Verizon website is horrendous and I've been unable to access the repair ticket, or Verizon support, to cancel or reschedule the appointment. If the tech arrives in the early part of the given time frame, then it should be okay, not that he's likely to be able to fix the problem due to the access problems which seem even worse now due to brush and bushes that have grown up around the poles. BTW, I explained the entire situation to the online agent who said that I had to get the number for the neighbor's landlord. Which I have not been able to do.

I live in Boston. We tried to ask Verizon to open internet service for us in April and we call the representatives many times and they finally open a phone service for us! Then I call their representatives to cancel the service so that I did not need to pay the phone bill which I have never used for even a time! They responded that my account had been close and everything was fine. However, after a month, they just send the bill to the collection company! I call the collection company and explain for everything and the collection promise they will reach the right department but after a few days, Verizon send me the same bill again! What an idiot company with such low efficient work. I do not have the order number and even the representatives cannot find it. I only have the account number.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Verizon, a publically-traded company, was founded in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. The new company provided both local phone service and mobile phone service. Today, Verizon Residential offers home phone, Internet and television service. Customers can receive discounts when they bundle multiple services. Plans will vary depending on whether customers have Verizon’s FiOS or LTE services.

• Fiber optic service: In some markets, customers have access to FiOS, Verizon’s fiber optic phone, television and Internet service. Fiber optic services uses glass wires that transmit data with light, offering higher speeds and more reliability than traditional cables.
  • 4G LTE service: Individuals living in areas where Verizon FiOS isn’t available can still subscribe to Verizon’s LTE Internet and home phone service. This service uses an Internet route to place voice calls on the company’s LTE mobile network.
  • Extra features: Those with FiOS receive a variety of extra features, including call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, readable voicemail and more.
  • Carryover data: Customers with LTE home phone service will automatically be enrolled in Carryover data, so any unused data at the end of the month is rolled over to the following month. This service is included for free.
  • International plans: FiOS customers can choose an international plan that lets customers call over 100 countries for one monthly fee. LTE customers can choose to include service to make calls when they travel to Mexico or Canada.
  • Best for Verizon home phone service is best for residential customers and small business owners who want the option to bundle multiple services and/or are interested in fiber optic service.

Compare Home Phone Service