U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Reviews

3.5/5 (348 ratings)

About U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had U.S. Cellular for several years and not once in that time have I had a problem with connecting with anyone or any dropped calls. I have traveled from the Midwest to the East Coast to the West Coast and down to Florida and never had a problem. When I have a question about my phone they are always very helpful. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

U.S. Cellular provides a no frills, very inexpensive access to phone, text and internet access. Their bills are very clear and consistent. They also make it easy to convert your existing phones from other vendors.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Great service and the people that work in the stores the friendliest people ever. Never does my billing differ from month to month. Thank you U.S. Cellular. No matter where you're at you always have service. I took a trip with my friend and at the time I was with a different carrier. There was so many times I couldn't do anything but my friend that had us cellular always had service and that is why I switched. I'm still pleased with their service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have needed a new phone now for a while. I was thrilled with my experience with Britley. She was over the top helpful and I I have no complaints. She made it a lot less stressful going through the process.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I would not in any way recommend or wish anyone to deal with U.S. Cellular. They are by FAR the worst cell provider I've ever dealt with. Terrible coverage and the slowest fake speeds. 2 phones both the same, same plan. One sometimes has service while the other doesn't. It will say 5G and 5 bars yet you can't even surf the web. The phone showing 1x and 1 bar acts as if it has 5G. CONSTANT DROPPED CALLS... yet they claim your record shows NO dropped calls.

When you call tech support, they tell you to turn off enhanced calling or switch from global to CDMA. They tell you these are the issues but turning off enhanced calling makes it to where you can't call or text at all. Swapping from CDMA to global or vise versa does nothing and the next time you call they just tell you to switch back. That's the only explanation you get. When you try to call customer service there's ALWAYS a 30+ minute wait... you get the option to request a call back when it's your turn. When you FINALLY get the callback, guess what, you wait 30 more minutes on an utterly annoying hold for them to finally pick up. I wouldn't wish U.S. Cellular on my worst enemy.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

In March 2021 I had a credit balance of 478.65. I went to the local us cellular store and purchased a Orbi router to gain access to the internet. I was told to take it home and if it did not work I could return it I was also told that with my phone and the internet service that my bill would only be 140.00 a month. I had to buy a booster to work with the LTE service and the Orbi works fine.

So I went to the store and paid cash for the Orbi when my bill came I was billed for the Orbi again. I went to the store and they told me that since I had added the Orbi to my plan in the middle of the month that was the reason for the bill being so high and it would be 130 next month. Again when the bill came I now have a 220.00 credit. I have paid every bill that I have received for the months usage there is no reason why I don't have a 478.65 credit. Go to the store and they tell me that I need to contact customer service. I try to contact them and I get put on hold and then they disconnect me. I have yet to see a bill under 195.00. Other than being robbed by them my phone and internet works fine just very EXPENSIVE and can not find anyone in the company that will help or explain their billing.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I've tried to do simple things. Get my bills, understand my bills and tried all routes to find them and went in to stores to try and handle simple things as far as to try and pay my bill and then end my service. They were always super unhelpful that's why I switched carriers and then called customer service to help me and I have been on a fake hold for 30 minutes now. I just wanted to see how far their disrespect is. This is real bad and very unpleasant/unprofessional. Nobody should have to go through this. Too simple. Know where their money's going and why I would rate this the worst experience ever. Do not recommend this company. Go anywhere else and they should get new people to work for them. Very rude.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I bought a $270 wifi router because I was planning on going to college and wanted better internet. I recently dropped out of school and called U.S. Cellular about returning the $270 equipment that I bought. It was still new & sealed. They were very helpful on the phone and told me to bring it to the U.S. Cellular store that is closest to me. When I showed up I ended up having to wait for 2 hours. At the end of the 2 hours they told me that I couldn't return it there and that they would mail me a return label. When I received the label it came with a piece of paper that stated that I only had 10 days to return the item to them. I decided not to return it and sell it on eBay. I can't control how long a mail service will take to deliver! Would U.S. Cellular keep the item and and my money?!? They're a bunch of greedy thieves! They have no understanding of customer service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I purchased a Samsung phone that wasn’t getting reception and dropping calls where I worked and lived. Brought it back and they gave me a iPhone 11 for half price (the special they were running). 6 months later I decided to check my phone balance and it is well over the half price I was told. At some point the price got changed to the full Value. Also, I had scheduled electronic payment. For some reason I was receiving text messages from US Cellular saying I needed to schedule a payment. App wasn’t working, automated phone system wasn’t working, Tried calling numerous times and was on hold well over 10 minutes.

Finally got through after 5 phone calls and believed the situation was resolved. No, instead they withdrew 3 payments. They are not able to credit my bank account for a minimum of 20 days. Talking to a CSR, she stated I should have realized what a scheduled payment meant and shouldn’t have continued to use the app because it wasn’t giving me the correct prompts to resolve my situation. Horrible Customer Service, hidden fees, and extremely dishonest with their customers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

i have been into the local store in Galesburg IL to help my parents out twice now and got two different answers on the bill. To start with my parents have paid their bill in full each month and on time. But, when it came to them getting their credit it has taken them 8 months to get any of kind of credit. They did get a courtesy credit for one month and then that was taken off of what US Cellular credit that was still owed. For this place to advertise that they have no hidden costs or contracts, they don't give a clear picture to the people when they come to open the account. I think they see older people and take advantage of them. It's an easy sell. Do not go to US Cellular.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

U.S. Cellular Company Information