Union Telecom

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company I used to have account with them and they have $39.99 as deposit, should refund it when you're done with the service. Sure they are scammer, liars. They will not give your deposit back. Watch out before you pay anything for them.

I was asked to sign off service with full refund of $35. I was reluctant to join and they still kept calling even though I am in Do Not Call list. Finally I signed up and I kept asking for refund. Stopped using it but no refund. Very scam company. Stay away from these guys.

CUSTOMER BE AWARE. THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT. Bad call quality, unnecessary charges, so I cut the calling subscription and they did not want to refund my deposit. If I have not involve the BBB, I would not have receive my deposit back. When signing up, they tell me that my deposit will be refunded within 24hrs upon cancellation, which also at the time was it noted on the "terms and conditions" (which of course no longer there but I have an original copy of the initial terms and conditions). That did not happen. 8 weeks later I finally 6/28/2014, I finally receive my deposit. Also they are fond of taking money from your bank account without authorization.

Am currently working with my bank and lawyer about this and will file a claim soon through a court of law because that is unauthorized withdrawal from someone's bank account. Also from looking at their terms and conditions, this company has change their name from NuEra telecom to Union Telecom just to scam customer. I was once a NuEra telecom customer and the same issue happen with them. They should be banned from the US market. Thank you BBB for looking into this, you guys are the best.

You have to check your bill every single month. Never allow them to take automatic payments. I'm finally canceling my account. I'm tired of having to call every month because they overcharge. Seriously, do not waste your time. I could go on and on but just want to warn that this company is stealing money from you and someone needs to investigate their company.

When I signed up, they told me that I have to make a deposit of $39.98 and this will be refundable and can be used for my calls. I made 2 phone calls in a month and I was just surprised that they cut off my service because I did not pay my bill. I called them telling them that I don't even receive a bill. The CS told me it is my responsibility to call them for my bills. Then I talked to another CS and he told me that it was emailed to me. I told them I did not receive it and I found out they misspelled my email wrong - that's why I did not receive it. Knowing that I have a deposit, I thought they would use it for my bill but did not. I tried to talk to the supervisor, but they have different reasons before the supervisor can talk to me. The amount deposited to my account was not refunded in short and I was told it can't be used for my phone bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Union Telecom?

My son calls me and the phone drops the call and cost me more money.

In February 2010, I purchased a $34 Europe Blue telephone calling card from Union Telecard Alliance because the terms and conditions state: “Expiration, your cards balance will not expire unless the card is not used for any consecutive 12 month period. If your balance expires, please contact customer service.”

I use the card at least once a week. However, the card actually expires in 6 months if the consumer has not recharged it with more money. Yet nowhere does it state this information on the terms and conditions. A product is being sold under false pretenses. Unfortunately, a live chat with Mr. Nicholas supervisor didn't resolve the matter at hand. $20 loss as a result of card expiring at 6 months rather than what the terms and conditions state.

This is about phone card use. Why is it if I used a phone card, did not speak to anyone, got minutes subtracted from said card, filed a claim, had minutes restored to card, try calling the following day and had even more minutes subtracted because the card was already used, if I haven't had the benefit of speaking to anyone? Isn't speaking the only purpose of making a call? I lost minutes which makes it necessary to purchase another card without enjoying the benefits of using the previously purchased one. FCC needs to look into the policies, it's a rip off.

This people lie to everything. I asked for a credit card charge to hold $40 security and will refund as the service disconnected. Per minutes cost are $2.9 while they charge $3.9 on the bill, plus many hidden fees. I asked for my $40 refund but they said I have a contact and will not be able to get that $40 at all. Initially, they said they will refund the money as the service discontinue.

I have lost at least $100 due to the enrollment for the service and they are not refunding my security deposit of $40.00 Their business should be considered as a fraud and government should investigate this business immediately and stop them misleading American people.

This company is charging me for calls that I never made. This company does not refund the initial amount of $39.00 when you sign up for their service, even though they say it will be refunded if you cancel the service. This company also does not want to cancel your account once you ask them. Now, I had to pay for the calls I did not make, because they keep calling you, and also, If I do not pay, it may be reported to my credit file.

Union Telecom cheated me since I took the plan. Their Customer Care sucks, they don't know where they are located, they don't know how to answer the question when a customer asks something, they totally change the subject.

When I asked for their manager or supervisor, they don't even know what's their supervisor's name, sometimes they say they are in meeting or not in this company right now. Finally, I decided not to pay for the company they send the money to the collection agency. Also they told us that they have no extra charge like connection fee, but the first bill came and they charged me connection fee of $39. I contacted the company and they told me they will refund back to my account right after I cancel the plan, but now they are offering $50 calling card instead of the connection fee.

One of my family members tried this company. They offered him a $50 calling card instead of his $39 connection fee, even though they told him that the money will credit back to the account if we cancel the plan, but that's not what happened. Finally he decided to take the calling card and get this stupid plan over with, but the card is not even working properly and not enough $50 minute in that calling card. Please help other people not to get cheated by this company again.

I was told I would be given a free one-month trial and if I did not like the service I could cancel it. They asked me for a deposit of 40 dollars which would be refunded if I cancelled. I tried to use the service but the call would never go through. A few times, I was able to call but the other party could not hear me. So I called them after like 2 weeks of getting the service to cancel the service and I was told that I could not cancel the service. I was told that I had to pay them for the month and the security deposit of 40 dollars would be given back to me after a year after I paid for the month. This was a complete contradiction to what I was told when I signed up with them. I was told that I could just get a refund if I did not like the service. They refused to cancel my service and they wanted me to pay them more money before I could cancel service. They started to call me 4 to 5 times a day asking for money without really answering any of my questions. Now, they reported me to a collection agency.

I received a call from Union Telecom offering their service for long distance phone calls, but I had to pay $39.50 as a security deposit and I could get my money back any time I decided to cancel the service. That was what the person said. It was no contract between us, all this happened over the phone. The security deposit was paid on 02/03/2009 and I used the service until the month of August 2009. I canceled the service a month before receiving the last bill which was $55.76 asking them to do the math, $55.76 - $39.50 = $16.26 but they refused to give me my money back. They wanted to give me a value of $50 phone card service that I don't need.

On December 22, 2009, I received a letter from a collection agency, I.C. system. Inc., 44 Highway 96 East P.O box 64437, St. Paul, MN 55164-0437, 800-279-9525. They are asking for $120.76 in debt. I did dispute it. On December 29, 2009, I received an email from Union Telecom dated 11/02/2009 (by the way I did not hear from them the last 3 months). They added $15 termination fee + $21.23 collection charge + $55.76 for the last bill; it brings the total to $91.99. I owe Union Telecom $16.26; I asked them to send me the correct bill. Union Telecom is asking for $91.99 according to the bill that I received by email on the 29th. It says current charge was due on 11/02/2009. The collection agency is asking for $120.76. I need help on this matter. Thank you very much.

I cancelled my membership to this telephone service over 2 months ago. They are supposed to return the $40 deposit I initially sent them. They did not return my deposit. In fact, they keep calling me all hours of the day for $7 which is not the case because I cancelled this membership 2 months ago. They use bad language when they call me and bother me on the job. The last harassment came from **. Thank you.

June 2008, this company contacted me over the phone, explained to me about their service, and a refundabe deposit any time I cancell the service. After one year I want to cancell the service and get refund, they are saying that the deposit money is activation fee. This company is calling all the time over the phone, even if my phone is on the 'do not call' list. They are very unethical and unprofessional and cheating the consumers by false telemarketing practices. The sales rep told me that deposit is refundable and I can cancell my account any time. But when you call the customer service, they are saying that I have to wait one year to cancell the service, so I will get my deposit back. After one year I call the custer service , and now they are telling me that, they can give a calling card, and I asked them to refund my deposit back to my credit card. I would like to know how can I get my deposit back?

On Dece.12th 08 this company contacted me over the phone,explained to me about their service.It sounded so good,Cheap rate for tle. calls. The condition was to put adeposit of $39.50 with afull refund at the time of cancellation,no cancellation fee,no other charges. I cancelled their service,but no refund. Rfusing to give $39.50 refund,also every call they carged me for more minutes than I used. Eg. when I use 60 min. they charged me for 100 min.

My husband and I have registered our home phone number on the National "Do Not Call" registry; however, we keep getting telemarketing calls from Union Telecom. They sometimes change their name to Union Telecommunications. We have informed them we are not interested in their long distance calling services. However, we receive a call from them at least 3 times a week. When we informed them not to call us, they state they will take us off their list but on many occasions, we get another call from them within 15 min. When we ask to speak to a supervisor, they hang up on us. When we get irritated and don't answer, they do not stop calling unless the phone is answered. Honestly, I don't know what to do about them. I have threatened them several times that I would report them but just didn't know who to report to. They always call from a blocked or out of area number, but state they are calling from New York.

Based on a family referral, I signed up for Union Telecom phone service. At the point of sign up, they said I had to pay a $39.50 fee which would be refunded anytime I cancelled. Immediately after I signed up for the service, the gentleman who signed me up, Imran, started calling my house at least every other day asking for referrals. After about two weeks, I called this person and made it very clear that I signed up for a phone service and did not want him harassing my parents at home. He said okay. But a week later, he began calling again and asking for referrals. So, I called him and threatened to cancel if he kept calling. This did not work either. He called once again asking for referrals (covering up by trying to say he's asking how the service is going). So, I called the manager at this company and asked that they cancel my service. At that time I had received the first bill, I gave them my credit card number, asked that the balance which was less than $10 be charged in full, and to please discontinue my service. At this point they said okay and did not mention anything about me not getting my $39.50 back.

About a month passed and I did not get my $39.50 back. Then I get the same bill that I thought I had paid in the mail. My credit card was not charge and apparently my account was still open. So I called the customer representative on 7/27/09 and 7/28/09 requesting to speak to a manager. No manager was available. So I asked Celia ** to please cancel my account and make the payment in full via credit card. Upon requesting my $39.50 back, she informed me that I have to be with the company for a year for that to be refunded. At no time did anyone who signed me up mention this to me. They said I could cancel anytime and it would be fine. I would get this deposit back. And now they won't connect me to anyone in charge. Basically, I would like me $39.50 back from this company. They harassed my family and me for 3 weeks on the phone and now they are making up new rules that were not clear in the beginning.

I enrolled with Union Telecom an international calling plan with the deposit of $39.99. At that time they promised me to, if I am not satisfied with the service, they will give the money back. I felt that it is a good plan and I introduced some of my friends too. The first bill itself, I found that they are charging more minutes than I talk, like if I talk for 30 minutes. they charge like 90-120 minutes. They are charging nearly 25 to 30% tax and surcharge.

Whenever I call, they reduce $5. I am not satisfied with their billing and when I asked for my deposit, they explained that they changed the policy, now it is an activation fee, they won't give it back. After fighting, he said he can give a $50 calling card. They were doing this service to all. Moreover my last bill was $66.12. When I talked to the representative, she said she will waive $10 and $9.50 late fees from my account.

After that, I did not get any response from them. I was thinking that they may adjust $66 from my deposit and other discounts. Without my authorization they charged $66.12 from my credit card.

Union Telecom rep called me in February 2008 and offered for long distance service. He told me to deposit $40 Canadian for service. He told me that the deposit will be refunded back when I cancel the service. I used the service for about five months. Today, on April 17, 2009, I called the customer service number and requested to cancel the service and refund my deposit of $40. They told me that they cannot give my deposit since I have not used the service for 12 months. They never told me about this policy.

Before I signed up with this company, there was a $39.95 activation charge which is refundable when you stop or cancel their services, provided that a zero balance be met before cancellation. I cleared all balances, but when I demanded my refund the company hesitate to give it back to me instead giving me a $40 worth of calling card. I dont want it because I'm not satisfied with long distance connection they have and thats the main reason I stop using their services.

Mental and emotional anguish because the first time I call they promise me that refund will be mailed within a 45 days period but it lapses over and when I follow-up calling 2 times they said again it should be next week until the 4th times customer service told me that they will no longer give cash refund but instead will give me a calling card worth $40. They dont give me any notice of change at all regarding this.

Consequences on this is they are scheming thousands of customers like me who were not satisfied with their services at all. Even talking to a customer service personnel have a very poor reception with a lot of communication interference that the services they have were so bad.

I opened and account with Union Telecom USA on June 2008 and the customer service representative Ms. R. Diaz told me that in order to have the international call service, it is required a deposit for U$ 39.50 which should be returned to me once I decide to close this service. I closed this account on November 19th , 2008 but I have not received any deposit back yet.

I have contacted the company several times and spoke with the following customer representatives: R. Rengifo, C. Osoriado , A. Valdez y B. Melendez on different dates and they say that the company it is not going to reimburse the U$39.50 , instead they would give me this amount as a credit to make calls.I find this very unfair and disrespectful to me as a loyal customer.I need your help because I really need this money back as they promised to me. Thank you very much.

Since I am unemployed right now, I do not need credit and I need my money back.

Dear sir,
I am an international student. I am studying in University of North Alabama. Right now i am in Florida.My country of citizenship is INDIA.Union telecoms is an calling card company.They provide wrong information about the calling to India in just 2.9 cent per minute but when we get a bill than they charges more than this. Total bill for one month is 150 or 180 dollar per month.They provide me and my 8 friends. We are student and we are not able to pay this amount. Its totally wrong. Sir please help us we are new here and we dont konw any one here.

Union Telecom Company Profile