TracFone Wireless

Tracfone

3.3/5 (433 ratings)

About Tracfone

TracFone Wireless is a budget-friendly cell phone service provider that lets customers keep their own phones, customize their plans and enjoy the flexibility of a prepaid plan. Customers never have to sign a long-term contract and can carry unused minutes, text and data over to the next month. TracFone offers simple, transparent plans that don’t include overage charges or hidden fees.

Pros

• Customers can keep their phones
  • Multiple plans available
  • Low monthly rates

Cons

• Not compatible with all phones
  • Slower data speeds

Bottom Line

TracFone is a budget-friendly cell phone service provider with customizable cell phone plans and no long-term contracts. It offers nationwide coverage and no hidden fees.

TracFone Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone Wireless?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

TRACFONE REVIEW. They tried to play me for a fool. They have lied to me constantly. They have become unreliable. They have stolen my data without reason. No more promo's or birthday promo's. I never had to call them before, but then it became constant. Reliable KEVA **, has become unreliable KEVA **. Does not answer her emails, does not return calls. I remember Keva from my first tracfone almost 20 yrs ago; CDMA. She was always on point. That Keva is dead. Tracfone has become an unreliable, tired old man. When tracfone was a vibrant youth, it was great and nothing but love. I left and even returned with delight. Now... STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY! Stay away from all tracfone products. DO NOT PATRON!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

No contract...Reasonable rates...Reliable service...Who could ask for more? Was fortunate to purchase with an LG phone and triple minutes every time I ordered. Liked it so much...Went back and purchased for my husband.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I wanted to purchase a phone that was not a smart phone. Salesman advised the LG K31 Rebel would be the phone for me. Purchased but found out that it is a smart phone and thus needs a smart phone plan. The return label was damaged and unreadable. Called Tracfone. After explaining all this to the agent, she said so you want to buy air time (what the?). Tried again and finally ask to speak to a supervisor who didn't know the return procedure either. She told me to take it to my Tracfone dealer to get it set up. I don't want to set the phone up, just want to return it. I see now that Tracfone just doesn't want to communicate. Their customer service is the worst!!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Can not trust them with anything. They would say their system does not let as if they here for you but really don't care about you. STAY AWAY!!!! I'm not talking about their customer service that's known for a real bad one (if that's could customer service....)

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I like this company because I can pay as I go and what I do not use it gets rolled over for the next time. I do not have drop calls or any kind of issues with that. The other thing is they will notify you when it is time to renew.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

These two companies; Safelink and Tracfone, have literally the dumbest people working for them. For something that should take a minute, they will take not weeks but months and 100 to 200 hours of your time. Stay away unless you want to get a early heart attack from their bad service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This phone is much less expensive than the big names, but it has all the features that I need/want. It takes nice pix and it is generally easy to operate. I use the speaker feature regularly to make the sound loud enough that I can hold the phone away from my ears. I use the flashlight when I move from the living room to the bedroom at the end of day. I like this LG phone and would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My iPhone stopped working a week ago, a very expensive gift from my GF. Stopped receiving calls or making them. The only number I would get is the helpline. I called them 18 times. They kept repeating the same thing...I did them all.. re-set, remove sim card, etc etc. *73. It gets stupid after the 10th call or so... I finally asked if I should get another phone. I have had the same number for 20 years. Yes, my phone was not working right... so I ordered another phone Nextday from TracFone. It also did not work. Also did not make or receive calls.

So... It is not my phone or the new phone I just bought. It was Tracfone's service that was wrong. I finally got a supervisor (after 8 days and dozens of calls) who kept me on hold for 45 minutes. Then like magic. The phone worked. After 8 days. Someone turned my number back on at the head office. Cost me 8 days of lost work. Tracfone's offer to make it right...none. Zero.

So let's understand what happened. Tracfone screwed up my service, which I pay for automatic... Unlimited service for many years, same number, nothing changed... I spent 100 hours on the phone with them...and finally bought a new phone just to get my service working again. And that phone also did not work. Why? Because they screw up some technical thing on their end...so sorry. I lost a week of my life and so much business to their mistake. I come up owning money to send them back a phone I never needed. Think about that. They really do not care. Words are cheap.... where is the action? Tracfone has no honor. No pride. And they do not take responsibility for their own mistakes. Shame on every employee. You are all to blame.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have not had one problem in five years with this company, using the automatic refill minutes, I am well supplied. The program is inexpensive with all the bells and whistles one might need to make calls locally or for distance calls.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I love TracFone Wireless. I pay $30 for 3 months of service. The TracFones I usually purchase costs less than $75 and lasts about 3 yrs. The voice and connectivity coverage is great locally and nationally and I don't call internationally so I don't know about that. I get enough talk/text to last more than 3 months. The internet and camera functions are pretty good and voice calls sound is great. This is "the David communication" in a land of Goliaths. Great deal.

TracFone Wireless Company Information