3.0/5 (994 ratings)

About T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 11, 2022

I was quite shocked that the service is generally pretty decent as well as the price points offered direct and those offered through MVNOs. The catch is that our older phones literally stopped working one day and we're forced to buy newer phones. We weren't so happy about that, but I guess it is time to move on. With the newer phones we got, they all so far worked flawlessly and T-mobile is the only carrier to have 5G on the phones too. We have sim cards spread out between all the carriers based on level of use so it's as cheap as possible for us overall and I can say that one carrier has great signal, T-mobile has the technology and the other is just there and has wider compatibility, but trails a little on technology. I'm in NYC and always go with pre-paid to cap the cost and surprises that can happen. So far, consistent experience. I wouldn't dare use post-paid because of the taxes and potential surprise bills. It can happen with any carrier, to be fair.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Several years back I gave T-mobile a bad review. I must admit they have come a very long way since then. It was very frustrating back then for my internet never worked when I needed it to most!!! While traveling or even traveling around Houston. One would have expected NOT to have that problem. So it is all fair I re-evaluate them. I am so proud of T-mobile and stuck it out and glad I did!!! All consumers need to be careful with all phone companies…. I learned from trying to switch!!!! T mobile is the lesser evil by far!!!! Just make sure with phone and cable companies you DO NOT trust their employee’s words. Read All the print!!! It is your credit they don’t mind screwing up if they (Verizon) lie and you trust them…. And nobody holds them accountable for their lies.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Well in general all the the staff has been very helpful, an A+. Although you can hear in the back the supervisors, the staff try to help as best as possible but sometimes they get stopped by their superior.... Which at the same time messes the experience. The representatives work great and fast, both chat and phone. Been working with Ali to find the perfect family plan, almost except for some reason T-mobile removed the One-Plus 7 Pro, which is even better than the 8 and 7t Models. Go figure, that messed the final process but working on it.... The supervisor was no help.... Even after a big miss with the first contract, no one came in try to mediate the situation. Still lots of errors on the site but getting better.

Family plan especially the 55+ lowers the cost a lot, plus lots of extras.... Hopefully will have my 3 lines ready to go and just wait for the phone to arrive in November... One tidbit I Did NOT like was that they did NOT price match like that are suppose to. Bestbuy two items I had chosen were each $100 dollars less in the T-mobile section of BB. Not cool. The supervisor probably didn't give one hoop....

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have been with T Mobile for almost 12 years and I have always been able to get any kind of help on 611 or at a local TMobile store. I'm treated like a valuable customer. A few years ago my son took my account over to pay for it for me, as I am now 75 years old, so you can find the account that's in my name back to 2009 or 10. It's now under Daniel **, an even longer customer as he's the one that told me about you in the first place! I tell everyone I know that they can't do better than TMobile!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I just spoke with Brittany @ T-Mobile & she was a delight. Professional, proficient, polite and understanding with my hearing impairment. I must use my landline being hearing impaired where an operator must listen then type whom I am talking with. She patiently guided me through each step in changing my verbal passcode and online password. She first made certain that my account had not been affected. She is an excellent representative for T-Mobile and all companies should have such fabulous employees working for them. I am pleased with T-Mobile also because of the free scam shield that prevents scam calls from coming through. I have been with 5 other companies and would not think of changing because of excellent service and 5G that has the best reception of any other cellphone provider. You would do well to change to T-Mobile. Try it. You'll like it. Go and just go for the BEST. 10 STAR RATING WITH ME.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I am very disappointed because when I switched to T-Mobile from Metro PCS they offered me the Magenta 55 plus but because I had to travel to Italy, I temporarily chose the Magenta Max 55 plus and NOW I CAN NOT SWITCH TO MAGENTA 55 +... I spoke with two agents who assured me I could switch to Magenta 55 + to pay less coming back from my trip... I want to pay less... not $100 a month! But now that I tried it, the real answer was: not possible. They offer empty promises!

Another thing that they tell you is that the monthly amount will be fixed but that is not true. Even though you pay for UNLIMITED DATA, they change the amount they charge you monthly. I regret to have switched from Metro PCS to T-Mobile. When you want to chat with them online the waiting time is 30 minutes at least and one agent chats with several customers.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Their service never works. They make false promises to their consumers and customers. They do not do as you ask nor request. They do not provide services rendered. They will promise to get an item completed or correct a bill and then don’t. I will be reporting them to every entity possible and sending a demand letter for every bill my phone hasn’t worked and for services not rendered.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I made a mistake. I overpaid my bill 8/26 by $1,981 via bill pay. Yes a big mistake on my part. I saw it come out of my account the evening of 8/26 and immediately called customer service. After I explained the situation the agent put me on hold to speak with her supervisor. When she came back she thanked me for my business and advised, "The supervisor had approved the refund of $1,981 for processing, please allow 3 to 5 business days." Not a problem.

On 8/27, we received a text stating we had overpaid by $1,981 and to contact customer service if this was in error. Since I had already contacted customer service, I believed this was already in process and did not want to make things more convoluted than necessary. On 9/2, I check my mail and my account and had not received the funds. I called again and spoke to an agent who told me the funds were mailed "just that day" and I should have the check "by Monday." As Monday was a holiday I waited until 9/8. The check had not arrived so I placed another call.

9/8, I called and was told by the agent the refund was "denied" as I have not filled out a request form and uploaded a receipt. I did get agitated at this point as I was told, "the check is in the mail" and was never told a form had to be completed. I was told that because it was such a large amount, $1,981, a form was required. I did become upset as all along we knew what the amount was and no one has said a word. Not only that I was not contacted that the refund had been denied.

I was then transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor was less than thrilled to help me as the overpayment was my error anyway. I kept her on the line as I completed the form and uploaded the receipt. She verified that I had completed the form properly, she had the receipt, and was now releasing the refund. I asked if that would be by check and was told, "No it will go back into your account." I verified bank account and received and exacerbated "yes" in reply. I confirmed 3 to 5 business days and she said yes.

On 9/14, I had not received the $1,981 yet and I did not have notification on my home banking site that the deposit was pending so I called again. It was at that point I was told that the $1,981 was not coming via ACH to my bank account but that a pre-paid Master Card was being mailed and I would have to wait 7 to 10 business days to receive that card. I was livid, and tried very hard to keep my composure and I failed.

I finally got to a manager who empathized with my predicament however told me there was nothing he could do and the card had already been mailed. He did refund some money to my bill to try and appease me and show that T-Mobile valued me as a customer. After all, I had been with them since 5/1999. I would be able to transfer the $1,981 from the card to my bank account or I could just use it, neglecting my statements that I had pulled those funds from other savings accounts so as not to bounce my mortgage payment. I had no choice but to wait for a card because of the amount, however, he would call me on Monday before noon to make sure I had the card.

9/19 at 2:00 no call so I called. I was told by the representative that answered she could, that the Manager was in a meeting. She "messaged him and he assured her he could call me right back" however she was going to escalate the issue ensuring I would get a call from a supervisor or manager and that she herself would call me the next day to verify I had received the call and was 100% satisfied.

I did get a call later that day to tell me the card was in the mail and I would have to wait until 9/22 before we could do anything different as that was the end of 10 business days. The person who called me back refused to give me any additional information. I was angry and I asked what else could be done and she said she was not able to make any decisions on that and I would have to call back.

No called later, on 9/22 I received the prepaid Master Card that WILL NOT allow transfer to my bank. I could either spend the money or request a check (like the one I requested on 8/26) which would take 7 to 10 days to process. There was also a website and a "customer service number" that will not allow you to speak to anyone. I emailed and did not receive a reply so I ordered the check. So now on 9/27, over a month later I still do not have my check and yet, I made the payment that was due...I still don't feel valued or appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I have been a customer for over 3 years with 5 phone lines, it was a bad idea to switch back to T Mobile from a long ago, but now this company from line and tower connections to begin with and their worse customer service, billing inquiry directly trying to resolve issues, online access and log in to my account and set up automatic payment which page disappears and or keep hanging or give you error message it's being a nightmare for past several months in addition; keep asking to reset your password every month when you try to log in and worse is waiting so long on the phone for their supposing team of experts to answer which hang up frequently and their most ridiculous robot answering, not sure what T mobile and this company has turned into.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The free extra phone line will change into a charged line when your contract changes. They trick you into establishing a number then upgrade your service - you are now stuck. Don't get caught in T-Mobile's scam. Very Sad to see Sprint go down in flames.

T-Mobile Company Information