3.11/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Terrible service. Cannot understand service reps. Data constantly in and out. I have to constantly refresh every page I look up. The reward points are a joke. I never got the amount they showed I had. I've been with Cricket, Verizon, ATT, and Straight Talk. I would rather have a wire with a cc tin can at each end than subscribe to Straight Talk.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

So my story is just nothing short of awful. Every time I talked to a representative I couldn't understand what they were saying. That's just the beginning. They would talk and I would just say ah huh. Yep. Ah huh. Knowing good n' well I had no idea what they just said. If that wasn't bad enough I literally had to say "what was that" at least a dozen times per call. I found it strange that they don't speak good English, they mumble and they don't talk loud enough. Can you imagine how bad? The first time I called I got a women that intentionally put in all my setup contact information incorrectly on purpose. I figured that out after the call was over. Yeah real helpful.. What a joke. She was very sly about being rude and seemed to hate her job/life.

I spent a good 30 to 45 minutes waiting on her to do all this stuff to set up my phone. When it came time for her to wait on me to setup my phone initially, it took like 10 minutes. She proceeded to get antsy and kept telling me to just skip this and skip that and, "Are you still there?" I'm trying my best to be quick Knowing that she was waiting. At the end she was mumbling on and talking about how to do things that were not even close to helping anymore. I'd say ah huh. She did everything wrong on purpose just because she was having a bad day. That was the first call.

I called again 1 day later and got some Arab names Nichols. He was worse than the first representative. Can you imagine what I'm about to tell you next? It's nothing less than ignorant. First off I spent 50 minutes on the phone with this guy and none of those seconds or minutes were productive or helpful. I started to become irritated with their lack of knowledge they had about my problem. It seemed like they were acting dumb on purpose. I could not stand and it anymore. He told me to call them three days later with my ticket number. Three days? I told all my friends about this one.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I was nervous to leave T-Mobile after 15 years of service with them, but I was pleasantly surprised to find Straight Talk much more cost effective and just as reliable. My only complaint is their customer service. I was on the phone for an hour, speaking with 3 different people, before someone REALLY listened and tried to resolve my concerns. The first representative was nice enough, acted like he was reviewing my account, never asked for any information that he would've needed to resolve my concerns, kept me on the phone for 15 minutes, and told me he resolved my problem...in reality, he did NOTHING.

The second representative was abrupt, even rude, and told me it was not possible to do what I was asking (there was a second phone number listed on my account that has NEVER been my phone number, and she told me I'd been paying to use the second number, even though I only have ONE device...but she refused to remove the number, even though she informed me that payments were being made on the number from my credit card). I finally spoke to customer service, and she was thankfully able to remove the number from my account. She told me that any charges made on that number would have to be disputed through my bank, because Straight Talk doesn't issue refunds or even credit accounts. If you don't mind spending an hour of your time trying to resolve concerns, and don't mind talking to representatives who are clearly outsourced, the service and price are GREAT!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I used rewards points two times I didn't receive the data I purchased. They insisted that I received the data and must have used it. I explained that the math didn't add up. It was that simple. Instead of just giving me my add on data, they lost a customer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

When online, contacted customer service through their chat option, was told if I purchase the phone, it will ship the next day FedEx 2 day delivery. Bought phone, they charged my card for $600+, got email that it was processing, waited 2 days, didn't receive tracking number, so I contacted customer service, they said it will ship the following day, contacted customer service through chat 2 days later, they told me it was cancelled, and my credit card won't be charged, I told them they already charged it. Called, they said it was still processing, told them I was suppose to have the phone by now, but you didn't even ship it yet. I told them I wanted to cancel the order, and wanted the refund. They said you can't cancel, and they never charged my card. Ended up doing a chargeback with my credit card. Customer service is outsourced, can't understand what they're saying, and then they lie to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I have been a Straight Talk customer for about three years now and I have never had any good customer service. I actually ended up switching services to a different company. They charged me fifty dollars for my plan but cancelled my phone's service. I am a single mother and need my phone for emergencies. I tried explaining that I couldn't afford for a random fifty to go missing and they just kept telling me that my transaction was declined and to call my bank. My bank told me that the transaction did go through and that if I wanted to to have Straight Talk call and talk about what happened or I could dispute my charge. I ended up disputing my charge and cancelling my phone because they tried to pull the same thing on me three different times in the past six months. I'm definitely happier now that I've switched companies.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I've been a customer for years with no problem. Their problem is with their god awful customer service. I suggest NEVER buying a phone from their website. The process is supposed to take 9 days total, but it's day 6 and my phone HASN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET. It's so incredibly frustrating to run into dead end after dead end talking to their service reps. All I want at this point is a freaking date for my phone to be shipped out. The only answer I can get is "hopefully we can ship it out this week". How is this even legal?? I bought a phone, and they did not even have the inventory to ship it. Completely ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Over the course of 18 mos. S/T double charged my autopay account $860. They told me it was from another phone number and if I gave them the other phone number they could look into it. I told them I only had one phone not two so I didn't have another phone number to give them. They said sorry without the other number they couldn't look into it and they didn't refund autopay anyway. I had to shut down my bank account to stop them but they had received one payment for that month and I had stopped from getting it twice so they turned my phone off. What a bunch of crooks, I gave them one star because they didn't have anything less.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

First, they disabled my working Verizon SIM and told me I needed a new SIM. Then they sent an AT&T SIM and my internet speed went to crap. When I complained, they offered to sell me a new Verizon SIM which I purchased. After receiving the SIM, they told me my phone would no longer work on the Verizon system, even though it had been working for several months on that system. They had me contact customer service several times, but the response was always the same. They really don't have a customer service department, they have people with a bunch of canned responses.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have had Straight Talk since 2010, I have never once called in and gotten quality customer service. Kudos for speaking 2 languages, but the language barrier makes it impossible to get help. I am low income/disabled and run a non-profit so I stayed for the costs. I am done. Also, regardless of service date and usage, service and data speeds vary. One day it works as it should, the next day you can't load a web page, or send or load a photo on social media. I was without voicemail for my life and death business for 19 days. Then I had to spend hours researching online and diy updating my APN because my data services wouldn't work and they couldn't help me as long as I was calling FROM MY PHONE. Not sure where else I'm supposed to call from. Overall, it has been a horrible experience and I am going to Google Fi.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information