Smart Beep

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My brother moved to South Carolina and gave me his beeper, which he'd had for at least a year. He paid for a year's service.When his year's service expired, I was paged by SmartBeep and informed that another annual payment was due if I wanted to continue with the pager service. I said I did want to continue with the service but that I knew nothing about Smart Beep and was hesitant to pay for continued service.

Smart Beep told me I would have to pay right away if I wanted continued coverage. I agreed to pay on the condition that Smart Beep send me a receipt, plus any and all paperwork including their company policies. The representative agreed to do so. About three weeks later, my pager broke. I contacted Smart Beep and they told me I'd have to ship the pager out of state to be fixed, at my expense, or purchase another pager, at about a cost of $50.

I said I'd rather cancel the service than have to pay another $50 or wait for the pager to be assessed for repairs. Smart Beep told me their policy states no refunds.I informed them that I never received any such policy, nor was I told this over the telephone. To this very day I do not even have a receipt from the company.

I feel that I have been taken advantage of by this company and illegally treated. I paid $51.10 for pager services which I cannot utilize and the company never gave me a receipt, and never sent me any policy information.Not only did I spend useless hours on the telephone, I was also forced to call a long-distance number and was put on hold only to be told that Smart Beep was not going to help me. I was severely stressed, I missed important pages from business and social associates and I am out $51.10 because of this company. I feel defrauded, disillusioned and desperate. I am not a happy camper.

Smart Beep Company Profile