3.77/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Skype

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

303 Skype Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

The 2019 Skype version is everything opposite from the classic version. The 2019 version is not intuitive, nor it's user friendly and confusing to operate, arrange contacts, make video calls, chatting and the list goes on and on. It's like the new developers took best working classic features out on purpose and put whole former Skype experience upside down. Are they shooting themselves in the foot? They're clearly not listening to feedback and not improving user experience. In fact all our team switched to using Whatsapp and so far it's been great. MS better listen to us or they'll eventually lose their entire customer base.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was glad when I discovered Skype decades ago. However, after Microsoft purchased it from the 2 guys in Luxembourg, the human customer service, prices and connection service stopped 99%! Today, Skype is stealing our money and this goes as a warning to all of you users! It looks like Microsoft has become a service for the rich corporate people who have so much money that they do not care about being scam maybe because in their tax returns there is a way for them to to recuperate that stolen money and get maybe even much more... since their tax returns are hidden from us and they have their own lawyers to take care of their bad deeds. So, I warn you. If you feel like continue using Skype and maybe lose less money...Never give to them your banking credit cards!!! Get a credit card that you can charge with only the amount you need, to use Skype, at Walmart or try to find another application! Good luck to you!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I have been using Skype since 2008, and I have had more frustrating issues in the past few MONTHS than I have ever had with this program. I use Skype to talk to my family overseas daily, and the majority of the time neither party can connect. Other times, it will not show our online status. Yet other times, we cannot send text messages to one another in a timely manner! I do not know what the issue is, but this "new" modified app is complete garage and barely usable. I would NOT recommend this chat network app to anyone.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had used Skype several years ago (before Microsoft) with satisfactory results until they stole my credit for too little usage. I recently decided to give them another try and then cancelled my account(s) for the following reasons,

1. They removed the voice mailbox without notice. No way for a missed call to leave a message.
      2. Skype linked my account to my Microsoft account so in cancelling Skype, I lost my Microsoft account and Onedrive.
      3. There is no way to speak with anyone at Microsoft or Skype without paying a fee,
      4. There is essentially NO customer or technical support.
      5. The layout of the GUI is sloppy and confusing.

6. I had to file a dispute with my credit card to hopefully get my money back.

Very dissatisfied!

Original review: March 6, 2019

There's a HUGE thread going on on the MS answers.microsoft forum with ALL of the complaints due to MS changing sooo many things on Skype 8. I've been using Skype since around 2014 when I switched from Yahoo. I loved the program UNTIL Microsoft started screwing with it & this was even BEFORE they FORCED Skype 8 on everyone. Now it's a terrible program that they aren't fixing & it's clear that it was designed for teenagers or 20 somethings. It's ALSO clear that the team they hired to build it has a low IQ. Just problem after problem with Skype 8. Missing features & even just regular features, like you can't attach a file to your IMing discussion if you already started typing.

There's a list a mile long that I can't type up here. Not only did they ruin a good piece of software, people who use it for business have lost clients, business or can't do what they used to do with the program. Of course Microsoft doesn't care about its customers, look at who the founder is. He has a history of doing unethical things to programmers even back MANY years ago, AND look at what he did to all of those children & women in 3rd world countries with his toxic vaccines. Once again EVIL CORPS control us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Skype?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I wish to know the stats of how much money MS made by stealing cash credits from people's accounts. I have just contacted Skype asking for a refund of my €8.73. They've quoted the 14-day refund policy. I understand if this was a monthly subscription or a purchase of some product, but cash credit? Come on Microsoft, shame on you!!! This is like lending you money to invest without getting any interest back. 5 years ago I put €10 on my account, only used just over €1 and since I never used it again, why should I not be able to get the rest of what is left back? I have moved countries a few times and every time I leave a country the card that I use to touch on and off has some credit left. Every single time, I got my money back as this is MY MONEY, what is wrong with you Microsoft?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Let me start by saying I have used Skype since my Windows XP days, and like all Microsoft products the service has not been the same since. While in the early days you had to manually install Windows Messenger, webcam drivers, Skype was a much better product made by people who cared and who had an IQ higher than 80. Now we have this dumbed down "app" with ultra confusing "picture logos" instead of plain English tabs.

Regardless here are some headaches since the Microsoft/Skype merger. I'll call this "Broken Skype". For close to 2 years, Broken Skype dial pad did not work while in a call. So if you tried a telephone line that had multiple in-call options clicking "option 1, 2, 3" the dial pad would not work and you'd get booted from whatever telephone line you were calling. Businesses who subscribed to Skype were hung out to dry with a useless 12 month subscription they couldn't use. Broken Skype also stopped using plain English and words like "Software". Instead started saying "app". I refuse to partake in any dumbed down language that are called "app". Sans Windows 10 due to lack of support for Windows 7.

Rip off payment services. Review of Broken Skype's Payment services. I was offered a promotional code for 400 minutes of free Skype credit trial. I was told that (and because this offer was from within the Skype programme rather than e-mail) I could keep the 400 minutes regardless if I signed onto Skype. Nice gesture until I get an e-mail saying because I refused to sign to a paid subscription my promotional balance went down to nothing- despite having 300 minutes left. I had a "live text chat" with customer service who had no clue about the terms and conditions of this promotion.

If they can't get a free promotion right I won't pay a penny to Skype. I see people purchasing 3 months of Skype and then their balance disappearing without apology or reimbursement. It also happened to my Father and Skype were unapologetic so he now calls Australia by landline if Skype is down. I hope a better thing comes up but from the sounds of it "apps" such as "Snapchat", "Discord" are popular with younger people. I'd like my adult, plain English version of Skype back, along with a proper customer service department, not some clueless outsourced Indian call-centre clerk who doesn't know Skype's own promotions or payment services.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Microsoft has taken a product that worked well and has made it so complex it is unusable for normal humans. This is so typical of Microsoft, they used to produce terrific user friendly products and now they excel at producing garbage.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I needed to call the following number ** which is my doctor's office. When I use Skype, I consistently get a fax machine? When I use Google Hangouts, works just fine? I tried this several times to verify/validate.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Not what it used to be. It has become like all the other competitors. It used to be my most trusted way to communicate. Doesn’t function well, and the updates only seem to make everything worse. Still use Skype daily, but there is no loyalty. Skype has lost its character.

Skype Company Information