Simply Sellular

Huntington Beach, CA

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just reading current complaints with interest. Nothing has changed in 5 years!!! I got an estimate from them, they sent me a self addressed envelope to return 2 phones. After a year, I finally gave up as they would always say, they never received them. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. Totally disappointing!!!

I sent 2 Galaxy S4 Mini phone to this company. I was told one phone wore out and would get 75% of the offered amount. I was told payment to be made to my PayPal account the next day after testing. The next day was emailed would be a week later. I emailed and asked "why so long". They said "will have accounting release the funds". That still hasn't happened. I will be sending a complaint to the Attorney General for the State of California, also the Department of Consumer Affairs in Sacramento as they state on their Website they are in California. The BBB are useless for this type of action. All those who have had problems with this company need to take the time to complain to the entities above. I would also like to reprimand Amazon.com for their disclaimer that they are not responsible for offering these companies that have given many problems to the consumer that uses them.

They told me I would receive $60 for my note 2. After two weeks, told me they couldn't activate my phone and told me they were going recycle my phone. Ask for my phone back and told me only after I send them 5 dollar money order. Weeks after that, they told me they never received it and that my phone was already recycled. After telling them I was seeking criminal action, I received my phone back.

I sent an immaculate slide phone expected $15. I was told there were "cosmetic flaws" which is incorrect. I asked of for the phone to be sent back to me since I'd rather donate it. Well after being told I had to pay $5 to have the phone sent back I said fine. Only to receive a check for $11.25. It is all in their hands, use someone else. Wished I had read the reviews before I used them. Use anyone else but them. They never intend to pay the price quoted, just to entice you in.

Sent two Samsung SCH-U660 Convoy, 2 phones to this company that worked, but were not a good fit for our field employees so they were no longer being used. Sent them to Simply Sellular to receive only $8.25 per phone, and received e-mails stating neither met their standards so they were not going to pay anything. Don't waste your time with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Sellular?

I sent them my Android that was worth $150.00 and I sent to Simply Sellular with the label they supplied and never heard for them again and I cannot find a good phone number to call to check on my order. It has been 6 Months. DO NOT USE SIMPLY SELLULAR!!!!!

I sent a Samsung Galaxy 3 mint condition to Simply Celluar. They said I could get $80 for it. I sent it out 24 hours after I got prepaid envelope. They said took 'em 2 weeks to get. Here's what I got so far, lol, Samsung Galaxy S III (Cricket) received on October 28th, 2014. Original Model on Order: Samsung Galaxy Axiom. Original quoted price: $0.00. Completed testing on October 29th, 2014. We will be issuing payment for $0.00 on November 11th, 2014.

I sent in four iPhone 4 8g to Simply Cellular and was to get $40 each for them. They said two of them were locked and they couldn't get into them. I sent them the codes which I knew were already off when I sent them because Verizon had done it. Then after that they said that they were still on an iCloud account, which I checked, took them off and eliminated the accounts completely. They said they were still locked. I told them to send them back to me and I would pay the shopping for $10. The other two are locked also and I know that they are not for a fact. I didn't argue, just told them to mail them back to me. They aren't paying the money and then keeping them and making a fortune on each phone. Don't even bother with them cause they are scammers. Thank you.

Simply Sellular quoted me a price of $85 for my iPhone 4 which was in pristine condition. They sent me the shipping package and label and I sent them the phone. Then they sent me an email stating that the phone was still attached to an iCloud account so they couldn't use it and wanted to know if I wanted it destroyed. I sent them an email saying that was a load of "crap". They responded by saying they would return it to me if I'd pay $5 shipping. I sent them the $5 via PayPal and I still haven't gotten my phone back. They don't respond to emails and the only phone number you can get for them says the "party is not available". This company is a TOTAL RIPOFF! They have stolen my phone and ignore all efforts to contact them. Heaven only knows how many people they've cheated and stolen from. CA should be prosecuting these crooks!

Received a 27.00 quote for my samsung exhilarate (it was in excellent condition). No cracks, scratches or anything of that nature, also I charged it up before I sent it to them. It has been over 2 weeks, and I have not received the check they said they would send. So I went on their website to track my order, and this is what they said:

Check the status of your order
Order number **, placed on September 12th, 2014
Zip code: 31907

Payment method: check

Phones in your order number **: Samsung sgh-i577 galaxy exhilarate

Original quoted price: $27.00

We have yet to receive this phone. We will continue to look for it. Again, this fake company is **!!!

I sent in a galaxy 2 and a Motorola motto and said I was getting paid for them, and didn't. Both phones in perfect working and looking condition, it's been weeks. Finally they sent me a email after I tried and tried to call and email them and they wrote and said they were sending my check and if I hadn't got it in 30 days they would reissue a check - still waiting!!! Everyone needs to get together and sue. They're little scam operation off!! I'm poor and I can't throw what I have away even though it wasn't the best phones in the world. They were in great shape.

I was leery of this operation, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Simply Sellular failed miserably. I saw on their website that one of the phone models they accept is the Samsung Fascinate, so I sent my Fascinate. Granted, the Fascinate is an older model and is not worth a great amount even on the open market. Simply Sellular said they pay me $12 for it in excellent condition. It was in excellent condition, and before I sent it, I had it checked out. It was fully functioning and CHARGING. Simply Sellular did send me an email that they had received the Fascinate. Then they emailed that they would not pay for the phone as it was not charging. At least I'm not out an expensive cell phone. I cannot say about other companies that buy used cell phones, but Simply Sellular is DEFINITELY NOT on the up and up.

Simply Sellular is a BAD site. I sent them a phone over a month ago, still no payment. I emailed them asking why I hadn't received payment yet, and they returned an email saying that the phone was not in working condition... which it was! Needless to say my lawyer is working something up at the moment. Do not send your phone there unless you want scammed.

Simply sellular took it upon themselves to keep my phone w/o payment to me because Tmobile never updated my new nexus 5 information. Was supposed to receive 93.00 and never got a dime. Or my phone!!! They're scammers. Don't trust them.

Do not deal with these CROOKS. I sent them two like new condition Note 2 phones. They did their tests on the phones and found them to be in excellent condition as I said - should have $150 per phone in my PayPal account. 4 weeks later, STILL WAITING.

Was quoted $200 for my Motorola Droid Razor Maxx in like new excellent condition. Phone worked perfectly and had no scratches or visible wear. Two weeks after shipping to Sellular, get text that phone is "worn out" and offered $37.00. I refused and asked for phone to be returned. Ignored me and sent money to PayPal. No response to any follow up emails.

Told me I would be paid $75 for my phone. Received Nothing. Said my phone was not in working order. Big fat lie!!!!!

I sent 2 phones off and did not receive nothing on either phones. That's wrong. At least send my phones back. Address is **. Thank you.

I send two phones in perfect condition. I get emails my phones are worth nothing. Now they want to charge me $10.00 a pound for 2 phones that weigh less than a pound each. They have responded really unprofessional. Will not return my phone unless I pay for my phones that according to them don't work. These are scammers. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE IDIOTS. DON'T SEND YOUR PHONE TO SIMPLY SELLULAR.

The wife and I buy two new Nexus 5 phones so I go out to find a buyer for her EVO and my Galaxy Nexus Simply Sellular. Of course, comes back with the best buy price... this is how they rope you in!! Both these phones were in perfect condition and working order. Finally I get a PayPal credit for $25... Nearly $100 light!! Once I check my account, they say my EVO is broke and of 0 value. And my Nexus is worth $50, they'll give me half $25!!! I see this trend repeated in every complaint below.. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF OPERATION!!!

They provided the envelope to ship my cell phone and charger to them and they stated they have not receive it yet even though I shipped it Dec 26th of 2013. I receive an order number and was to receive a check for selling these items to them. I have not received any payment.

I sent my phone 8 weeks ago. I have received numerous email saying they are processing the money they owe me but that is it, NO MONEY. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

About a month ago, I have done research on looking to sell my Blackberry phone. This site told me that they would be able to accept it for a good amount. So I did everything and sent my phone. Once they received it, they said that my phone was not in working condition. The Blackberry phone has been in good condition and has been working, I know this for a fact. So I requested for my phone to be sent back to me. They sent my phone back but not the battery!! I am extremely upset.

In Nov. 2012, I got a quote of $36 for each of my Android phones and received a self-addressed envelope from Simply Sellular. I sent the phones in this envelope to them. As of today, almost a year later, still no check. I have called them and sent e-mails to them... Each time I am told the phones have not been received. Almost seems time for State Attorney General to investigate them since losing phones appears to be increasing their bank account.

I sold them a brand new device that I had for 2 months and decided to change. This company offered me $200 for my device. I shipped the device upon receiving my return label, tracked the device to its destination and waited a month to receive the funds for the device. After a month, I called the company to speak with some guy who stated that we never received the device and it doesn't show within our database. Even though the device was tracked by FedEx to their location, the guy denied receiving the equipment and hung up. DO NOT CONDUCT ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. IF ANYTHING, OPEN A REPORT FOR FRAUD, MISLEADING, UNETHICAL BUSINESS CONDUCT. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE REPORTED AND SUED!!!

I went to Simply Sellular to sell my phone. Then they sent me the envelope, I put my phone and the wire to charge the phone, but not the portion to plug in. I tried to get a hold of this co. to be able send the other attachment. You could still charge the phone in & or a computer or TV, etc. But honest me thought they were honest, they would call me or e-mail me. I got online to check what was up. Because I have not received the payment & now it is November 2013 the date. Nothing was wrong with my phone I just wanted to up grade. So when I check they said it was broken & couldn't unlock the phone.

I went in to my phone and made sure that I turn the code off. They offered me $35.00 but when I check tonight at 2.00 am, I have the paper work also If it so broken as Simply Sellular, why didn't send it back and what really made me angry, they didn't even send my phone back. The so-called $14.00 they said it was so called worth. Now I'm out of my phone & money. I will give the dates, 9/23/2013 & I have the proof I have the paper in black & white.

P.S..Please contact me back cuz this is so wrong to do business or treat your customer. Thank you AND LIE TO ME. PLEASE HELP.

I sent my LG Intuition phone in. I only had for 1 month and I sent it to them. They offered me $100, then send me a damn email 2 weeks later saying it's good condition and they will send me $75. Never again, they are a rip off. They don't do what they say they offer smh. I will let everyone know that this is not the site to sell your phone.

I sent this company my replacement android. To sell. Well, of course the cell phone is lost. They claim that the phone NEVER arrived. And when you want to speak to a supervisor, that's when it gets ugly! Rude, crude and disrespectful. DO NOT do business with them. Save your phone and donate to battered woman's shelter.

I sent them a PERFECT phone that from the moment I bought it, had a protective jacket on it. They sent me this: "We have received the following phones in your order number **: Motorola Droid X: Phone was damaged. Phone is in very poor cosmetic shape and has major wear, marks, scratches, and is generally in very poor cosmetic condition. We can pay you 25 percent of the price for this phone: $5.00." There was NOT A SCRATCH ON IT!! It's not the pittance of money, it's the principle. They have your phone and you are helpless to argue. From now on, I will take a video of my phone's condition and operation before selling it to anybody!

I sent them phone in very good condition. After they received phone, they email me back saying they have received phone in bad condition which is not possible at all and they only going to pay half of the money they promised while placing order. I email them back, this is completely rip-off and they replied me back saying, “If you want your phone back, you need to pay $10 as a reimburse to receive phone back, else we will pay only half money.” I URGE EVERYONE, PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE FRAUD AND JUST TO RIP YOU OFF.

Simply Sellular Company Profile