Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I accepted a collect call from my son who was in North Dakota. We spoke for 26 minutes. The charge was $76.61, which was a complete shock to me when I received my Bell Canada phone bill. I had no idea that a company other than Bell would be charging for the call. Is there anything that can be done about this?

The problem is with a product Opdicom sells called the Disc Stakka. I've bought 3 at over a $100 each. They use to work Ok, but now they are don't work. They catalog your cd/dvds with software on your computer. But lately everytime I request a disc to be ejected it always gives me an error saying something is in the gate. There is nothing in the gates. I believe the product is highly inferior and it isn't built to last very long. That is probably why they have a 7 day return policy. Something needs to be done about companies fleecing people with garbage like this.

This service has placed a charge on my regular phone bill for $28.52. I have tried on 4 occasions to reach Opticom and have been on hold each time for almost twenty minutes until the line goes dead. I do not feel that this company is justified in charging me long distance for a local call.

I refuse to pay this charge without any opportunity to discuss it

My sister-in-law called me collect from MS and when I received my phone bill, I was charged $52.01 for an 8-minute call. When I called Opticom, a man told me that the rates are satisfactory with the FCC and there was nothing they would do for me.

My daughter, traveling to Alabama from Texas, called me collect from a Days Inn in Vicksburg, MS. The conversation lasted approximately 2-3 minutes maximum. Opticom charged my phone statement $50.82 for an 8 min. collect call.

The charge for the collect call is EXCESSIVE and the length of the phone conversation is disputed. I advised Opticom by letter but have not gotten a reply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Opticom?

I have been falsely charged amounting to $500 for phone calls by Opticom. They need to be removed.

My son called me collect three times from Ft Leonard Wood Missouri (Army Base) for a total of 30 minutes. The bill was $150.00!

I received a collect call from a person with the exact same name as a client of mine. After a few seconds, I realized I had accepted a call from someone I did not know and the call ended within a minute.

I received a bill from my local phone company with additional charges totally $36.56 for that collect call. I called Opticom and explained that the call was a wrong number. The FLOOR SUPERVISOR said that before I accepted the charges I should have asked how much it would cost.

He also said that the minimum is a 4 minute, $33.54 charge (plus taxes).

I used a pay phone in Charlottesville, VA to call my wife collect. At no time was I told the rate per minute.

I talked 8 minutes and the Opticom bill was $50.14! That is $6.00 per minute!!!

I received a statement from Bellsouth stating: "The following Service Provider(s) have notified Bellsouth that they are billing new services on your bill this month: The newly added Service Provider is OPTICOM showing Direct Dialed Calls and Collect Calls" for my second phone line. It showed calls that I did not make and all were on Febuary 26, 2006 (total of 15 calls).

Total minutes were 217 for a total charge of $313.73. Opticom stated that these were collect calls "from our house and to our house"!!!!!

I have never had OPTICOM as a Service Provider and do not understand how they were added to my service.

Opticom Company Profile