Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

Ooma Telo Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

Signed up and had numbers ported. My business was shut down for 3 days trying to get the phones to work. Booting. Rebooting, reprogramming. The techs had to go up 3 tiers for support. Final tech from Manila could not grasp that I saved my sign on in favorites to access it. Cancelled service, and 7 days later and the lines have still not been released to Comcast. BIG BEWARE.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have had my Ooma for sometime (years) and found I haven't needed it lately. Like most, I use my cell phone exclusively and have no need for a home phone anymore. I initially tried to chat with customer service online via text chat. What was initially a 2 minute 54 second wait turned into almost 10 minutes to only find out that they couldn't help me, I had to call. The phone system isn't straightforward, there is no cancellation option so you have to get a customer service rep that takes your complaint and transfers you. This wait took another almost 10 minutes of my precious time. This cancellation representative argued with me, bargained with me, and was not taking,"please cancel my service" seriously. After many minutes of repeating, "please cancel my service" I finally had to be unnecessarily firm with them to get them to cancel my service. I have received the notice it is cancelled but after reading the complaints, I will be watching my account closely.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was setting the device up for someone else. During the initial setup it asked for a name, and I put in mine just to get past that part. I edited the profile later. The caller ID still came up as my name. When asked how to change it, they said there would be a $20 charge. I just think anything like that should be declared when you are entering the name, or handled by support when asked. It looks like they're going to nickel and dime you for basic functions after purchase, even if you've subscribed to the Premier service. Don't buy this.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Ooma phone fails to play any messages. Purchased USB connections so hopefully could listen on cell phone to calls that Telo will NOT play. That was a waste of money -- I'm guessing I need to purchase the 'premium' service. So bought another new Telo. It is sitting in its box. Will it work?? Will transferring from the old Telo (which doesn't work" to the new "Telo") work?? Out over $100 (in addition to the cost of original Telo) and just considering going back to another phone service. Does anybody want an unopened Telo and 2 unused 'USBs'?

Original review: June 5, 2019

Purchased Ooma Telo system from company after explaining what I wanted. I wanted 4 working telephones in the house that are analog corded phones that plug directly into the wall outlets. I wanted to import my current phone number to use as my Ooma number. I wanted to purchase basic service... Not premier service. When they emailed me a receipt of the charges (148.38) it did not break down what paid for. Just that I was being charged the 148.38. What I was told was that the 39.99 to import my number was included but when I got the system and powered it up I had to pay an additional 39.99 to start the import process (which takes 3 or 4 weeks) and that the original bill did not break down the charges so now I have to wait to dispute them.

They also sold me items I didn't need i.e. Ooma Linx remote phone jacks to the tune of 49.99 per unit. When I originally explained what I wanted I did it in a very detailed manner and the rep should have known what to sell me only. I believe I was sold "a bill of goods" although I can't say that because the emails about the purchase and the packing slip with the items do not explain what I bought? Very confused and have not gotten any good response from this company. Nobody seems to have the authority to make decisions and have been very vague with details. So from a customer standpoint of dealing with Ooma I'm not happy with their business practices and I believe have "soiled the sheets" when it comes to a good relationship with customers. I do not trust them and certainly would not recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ooma Telo?

Original review: May 24, 2019

I've had an Ooma home landline for nine years and was very happy with it but just discovered recently that the *67 caller ID blocking does not actually work. When I first suspected this, naturally I called my own cell with blocking on and it did in fact work but at least some others can identify my number. Tried to get an explanation from Ooma which is utterly futile.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Signing up for this racket was my bad to begin with! They sent out a very comely sales rep who told me I would love the great quality, and superior service, and I fell for it... She also promised I could cancel with no penalty if I didn't like the service. Well, I didn't like the poor message service, the poor connection quality, the poor response to my complaints, and poor follow up! YIKES, what a nightmare. I cancelled 3 months in and they sent me an email acknowledging I had cancelled my service, and offered to me the option to sell my equipment to someone else. The email stated that they would not charge me anything further. I declined the option to sell, and returned the equipment... THEY PROCEEDED TO CHARGE ME OVER THE NEXT MONTHS MORE THAN $1000 IN FEES AND CHARGES!!! When I called their CS department to complain, they would only refund me $174. I had to put in a fraud claim with my bank to get my money back! Buyer Beware!

Original review: May 10, 2019

We had Ooma phone service for our small business for the past year. We wanted the month to month no contract option and were happy enough. Getting out of this, however, is a nightmare. Now WE are responsible for unloading the service, equipment, and phones or we risk being charged for the next three months. As a small business, $700 is a lot of money to come up with to get RID of a carrier. Had we known these were the conditions for ending service, we would never ever have signed up in the first place.

On the upside - during installation (which we did ourselves) we had a lot of support and a very good account rep. She was super helpful and answered even the most ridiculous of questions patiently. We had good support in the beginning and during, but closing this situation has proven wildly frustrating. They need to make sure you understand the conditions of the cancellation process BEFORE you sign the dotted line.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am of trying to port a number over to a local tel company for my retail store. It has been a month and nothing has happened. Because their lack of urgency, I have missed my install date locally and have no access to a phone for my business. I have multiple emails asking the for same information repeatedly, then no response and they close the ticket. I have requested phone calls only concerning updates about this issue and total silence. It is too costly to just get a new number. Each time I call I get "we are sorry, we will escalate etc." Well it's been a month and my number is still not ported. This company has the worst customer service and product I have ever seen. Find other options for your business.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I paid $40 to have my number ported to Ooma Telo. I've had this number for over 10 years... Ported it to Ooma in 2011. I don't use the landline since we use cell phone these days. This line is there in case of an emergency such as cell tower outage, or something. Fast forward to 2019... I'm updating passwords to my accounts and I try to log in to Ooma online. I get error messages, so I contact support. I give them my number and email address. To my disbelief, the rep tells me I have a new number so I try calling it to see if my phone rings... It goes to VM. I try the new number that they had assigned and my phone rings.

They said that I had authorized this port out. So I ask for any documents or authorizations supporting this. I had never received any notice before, during, or after this. I'm furious. They said the number was ported out in 2017 and it's been too long to dispute this. I filed a complaint to the FCC. Ooma you had every source to contact me... mail, phone, and email yet I got nothing! Fix this!!!

Ooma Telo Company Information