Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

Ooma is a standalone device that requires low power, is always on and runs independently of your computer. The only thing you need to install and start using Ooma phone services is a phone line and a high-speed internet connection. It specializes in crystal-clear calling for residential use and VoIP phone services and communication solutions customizable for any size business.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Ooma Telo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ooma Telo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ooma Telo?

Original review: May 5, 2020

If you are looking for a business IP Phone Service certainly stay away from Ooma. If I could give it negative star rating I would. They mislead you by telling you that there is a full money back guarantee but that is not the truth. They would not let us see the platform or walk through it with us until we signed up and provided a credit card; which is fine. They told me that they needed to charge an Activation fee but if I wasn't happy with the service it would be refundable.

After we provided our cc then we had access to the site and soon realized it was not for our liking; it was very basic, plain, and lacked numerous features that almost all competitors have. Literally within 2-hours of signing up, we sent an email and left a message that we wanted to cancel the service. A few days later I noticed the activation company was on my credit card. I called Ooma and requested the refund but the rep told me the activation fee is nonrefundable.

I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor told me she would not refund the activation fee. I told her that it was not a wise business decision because I would share my experience on social media and her reply was, "Go ahead." This company must be very hard-up to swindle people out of "activation fees". We never even made or received any calls and cancelled within 2-hours. I strongly suggest looking at the competitors because you will get much more bang for your buck and the services are much better.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I had Ooma for 5 years. I decided to add my 99 year old mother to my account. I ported her number of 50 years and talked to different customer account representatives. Lie after lie Each rep just made up a solution as they were going. No integrity. No one knew the procedure when the numbers were not in the same state. The service did not work and my mother was stranded with no phone. Upon calling customer service numerous times, two of the reps were arrogant, rude and uncaring.

I finally told a rep named Freddie that I was going to port her number back to her previous carrier if I could not get resolution. He then proceeded to tell me he wasn't going to try to help me if I intended to port out. I felt like he was part of the problem instead of the solution. The customer service is horrible. I would not recommend this service and have to deal with someone in India that is both difficult to understand and just rattles off anything that comes to mind as a resolution.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I was referred to them as a way to have a less expensive phone bill. Is what I got was billing after my service was cancelled. The only way it stopped is when my credit card expired and they sent me an email asking for my new expiration date. My wife cancelled the service, had the number ported to another company and was told it was cancelled. They only offered to compensate me half of what was charged to me after an account had been closed for a year. No emails as they stated requiring more information on the cancellation. I would recommend you run from this company. If someone refers you don't do it. Nothing but a headache.

Original review: April 13, 2020

They continue to bill you after you port your number and cancel service. This is a prime example of a potential future class action lawsuit. Even though they have transferred your number to another company they will continue to bill you. They expect you to call them instead of cancelling the service. I was never told over the phone that I needed to call back and cancel.

Original review: April 4, 2020

This is what you get when you get American companies to sell our jobs overseas just to save 5 cents. Ooma sold their support to India where they are the biggest bunch of lying cons. 4 telephone calls with nothing but lie after lie. It does not take 2 days to reactivate a phone system. Called 4 times and each of the 4 times nothing but lies. They ask for all your information and then make up an excuse that they will call you back. You call another time, there's mysteriously no records of you ever calling the past 3 times. Then they make up support tickets, at the time you have had it with their morons, they start playing games with you and start hanging up the phone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

While service was fine while I had it, all my units went bad. I asked to have my account disconnected and they offered 3 months free and could cancel at anytime. Well I called back and told them to cancel my service and they said it would be cancelled automatically in March. They kept charging my card for march and then April. When I called them again to cancel and get a refund they said they couldn't refund because they already gave me a refund of three months. I CANCELLED BEFORE MY THREE MONTHS WERE UP! WTF!!! I highly DO NOT recommend this service as they are crooks!

Original review: March 16, 2020

Although Ooma service was good while I had an active account with them, due to the pain I need to go through during disconnecting their service, I will never recommend their service. I have used the Ooma phone service for many years. Last December, I transferred my phone number to a different service provider, and it was a nightmare to transfer my account. After several calls, I got the phone number transferred. After several months, I realized that they were still charging my credit card after my number transfer. I called them and waited for a very long time to reach a customer service executive. I came to know that they generated a new number after my number got transferred, and they kept my account active charging my credit card.

The customer service exec could not refund for all the months they charged me since they claim that the account was active until this date with a new number they generated that I wasn't even aware of. Isn't it funny? I do not know the phone number that I was paying for :). Hopefully, the account is canceled now, and they don't charge me anymore! I have been an Ooma customer for close to 10 years. This is how they treat you for their loyal customer. Think twice before you choose Ooma as your service provider!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I bought an Ooma Hub and Scout, the legacy Ooma product, circa 2008, for a good bit of coin. I paid up because it was advertised as free for life, meaning no taxes, absolutely free. Shortly after buying my Ooma, I began getting emails a few times a year, telling me if my Ooma were not used within a certain period of time, my membership would be canceled, meaning no more free, even though I paid up. A really ** policy, but I sucked it up and just made sure to comply with the BS policy. I got my last warning in 2015 or 2016 (I can't recall off the top of my head), and I made sure to use the Ooma within the required period.

I never received another warning. Fast forward to 2020, when I went to set my Ooma up at my new home, after not needing it for a few years. I just learned Ooma terminated my damn account, and they are refusing to reactivate it. I explained that I never got a warning or any email that it was canceled, but they didn't care. I escalated to a supervisor, who told me that someone would call me back re an exception, but never got a call. I'm considering suing them in small claims just for the sport of it. Meanwhile, I bought an Obi 200, and am very happy with it. Screw you, Ooma.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

OOMA did not inform me when I signed up that I could not block calls unless I subscribed to their premier service. Now I will get robocalls, political call, etc. and I cannot block them!!!! Do not use this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We used OOMA for many years. We decided to get rid of the house phone all together. We called and canceled the account. But we keep getting billed. When trying to talk to the online 'tech support' or help, they say, "Sorry call this number and they will refund you." And they hang up the online chat, rather rudely. When we call we get the run around. BEWARE of breaking up with OOMA, It's been a nightmare.

Ooma Telo Company Information