Ooma Telo

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

If this company put as much money into their customer support as they do into their marketing they might have a chance. It all SOUNDS good - we ordered the product, received the self install kit (which was fine)... and this is when the issues started. The first issue was porting our numbers over. I was ASSURED by our sales rep that this was a simple process and that Ooma would support us through it. Not only was customer support useless they were down right adversarial!

After a month of attempting to port our numbers with no help from Ooma we decided to cancel our account. This was worse than trying to get support to port number - online reps refused to help - they referred us to live customer support, live customer support was again adversarial and kept insisting that we provide information that we did not have even though we had the account number - the billing address and the credit card paying the account. We finally found that the only way to cancel the account was to cancel the credit card so that they would not receive payment. Never again with this company - I can not even rate their technology as we could never get it to work. If I could give ZERO stars on this review I would.

I first started with the old Ooma Hub system (the one that was boxy and had the big square lights that look like something from an old Star Trek set (pretty neat design). I configured it for my business, so I actually could run two business lines through with a rollover. It was not easy getting the wires right, but there was help online and I figured it out... and this was for a somewhat rare setup.

Amazing that such a service even existed, and saved me MANY HUNDREDS over the years. It worked so well, I bought another Hub for the home, and it continues to work great. Then, I needed a second unit for my second business, but wanted Bluetooth. So got an Ooma Telo (V1). Again, works great, and I have it configured for a rollover line as well.

When we were going to go on an extended vacation (something very rare for me), we installed the Ooma Security feature. Sensors in the office worked wonderfully, and still do, on a schedule and with notifications I can control. The savings over home security services that lock you in and charge way, way too much... well, that was great as I'd been burned with those contracts in the past. I'd say it is worth getting an Ooma just for the home security option. It is dependable and has a lot of features you won't get with a traditional route. I could not be more pleased with the three Ooma systems I have purchased. They have worked dependably for years, even the old ones that are not even technically supported anymore. I rely on that old system every day for my business and I would not do so if I did not experience a stellar track-record.

Ooma systems are VERY well designed, and I am unclear why there are these poor reviews on here. I can only imagine these are people dipping their toes in Voice-Over-Internet and not really looking for a solution, and then they get peeved when they realize they can use their cell phone at home and have waited too long for a full refund. Not saying their complaints are lies... but gosh, it just runs so counter to my experiences that I wanted to more evenly balance the reviews here because, in my opinion, Ooma rocks!

I am 64 years old living on SS. I strive to save money every way I can so I decided to give Ooma Telo a try. After ordering the basic home unit on April 28, 2017, I received a unit for small business. Contacted Ooma and they stated that they will research the issue. After a week, they stated that the unit I received was supposed to ship to a company in NY. At this time they shipped the unit I ordered. They stated that they would send me prepaid authorization to return the business unit. On May 22, 2017 almost a month later I received the authorization & had UPS pick up the unit. Tracking showed that they received the unit & I called & verified.

On May 15, 2017 Ooma drafted the correct amount of $4.70, the monthly fee for the home system I have. In June, July & August they drafted $4.70 each month for the unit I have and deducted $26.33, $26.29 & $28.13 also for the unit I returned. They agreed to refund the $28.13 overcharge for August but refused to refund for June & July totaling $52.62. Kevin of Ooma stated that their policy is nothing over 30 days old will be handled. Why did they wait until June to start the overcharges? They stated that I was suppose to cancel the service for the wrong unit they shipped? Poor way to do business ripping off senior citizens.

This is my first official review of any company, but the product and cancellation processes were such a joke I would hate for anyone else to pay for it. Like one of the other reviewers, our device had a lot of connection issues which could never be fully resolved despite lengthy calls. Keep in mind, my husband and I are both tech savvy people so this is not because of our tech knowledge.

When we canceled in August of 2016, we were given the option of selling or giving the equipment to other people which we declined. Here's our fault - we didn't notice they were still billing us (obviously, this was our fault). When I called they acknowledged that we canceled the account however we were still billed $5 per month because we were going to give the device to others!!! WHAT A CROCK. I confirmed again now that we were not going to give our devices to anyone and frankly didn't know where there were. Again, I was assured we were canceled. On top of it they continued to push their services throughout the phone call.

This OOMA is a nightmarish company. After porting my number from another provider purely on cost considerations (like a fool I am), was unable to receive incoming calls. After more than 5 attempts with so-called tier-3 support, they tell me that my phone might have been transferred to some other provider. No idea how that could have happened. First they refused to tell me which provider then they mentioned something like Boroadbovice. After a long frustrating conversation and not able to get a solution, finally cancelled the service without a clue if I can keep my number by calling any other provider. Very bitter lesson. Don’t even touch this provider with a ten-foot pole.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ooma Telo?

I got a call from Ooma asking me to try their product for 60 days. I have to admit they were persistent and good. After 45, I called ask to return. They told me that they can give me another 60 days. I felt I had nothing to lose but my time, so I agreed. Thirty days before my trial is about to expire, I called them and ask them that I do not need it because my cell phone fine and I tried to use it a few time and (the quality of the sound quality is fine). I ask them how should I return the device, they told me that I cannot and they will not refund me the money for the device ($99.99). I told that I never was told that the device could be only returned within first 60 days. I ask them that they record conversations with their clients and he could listen on the conversation. I was told that they keep it only for 30 days (and I just missed it). I ask the rep if it make sense that I got free trial for the service but not the device. So basically, they are liars.

Terrible experience. We were sold on Ooma when sales person came in. Loved the features of an app and price per line was very good. Thought we would give it a shot. Well... they leave you to set it all up yourself (and it was very confusing). The quality of the system was terrible. Bad connections. We have two lines and they were not rolling over. Our fire alarm system kept going off. We decided soon after to go back to our phone company that we had before because everything always worked great with them.

The worst part of this experience was when I called customer service at Ooma to cancel, the lady on the phone (Eesa?) would not take me telling that I wanted to cancel with Ooma because mainly our fire system is not compatible with Ooma. I asked her 4 or 5 times that we were canceling and what the next steps would be. She just kept saying we need to reconsider. This to me was very rude and I told her so. I don't normally write reviews but I want to warn small businesses that Ooma may not be right for them.

After talking to friends about VoIP, I decide to drop my line, I purchased Ooma Telo on the 25th of June. Today is 7/15/7017. (The company is 50 miles from me.) I have called (once), I was told sales is working on shipping it out to me, and it should arrive within the week (didn't happen). I have live chatted (3 times) asking about my order, each time told it will take 2 to 3 days to get info from the sales dept, I have yet to receive a response via email from the company on the status of my order. The money was taken from my account the following day. I will be asking for my money back if it does not arrive shortly.

I canceled my service with Ooma after frustration trying to reinstall the device after I got a new network. I called customer service a minimum of 7 times. They were complacent and very unfriendly. Since I couldn't use my device, I called to cancel it... Of course they did everything to keep me including offer a huge discount. Still unsatisfied, because it was the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life, I canceled. They told me to sell my device because it was worth money. I told them I would think about. They continued to charge my credit card $4.30 per month. I went online to chat with CS, and guess what? They couldn't help me. Stay away from this company!!! Worst customer service - liars - they charge your credit card!

I called to cancel last month, and this month there are still charges of $4.84 on my visa card. They said they issued a $10 credit last month, and that was in advance of the charges for 2 months. I asked why they do business like this, when I don't use the phone & don't have internet anymore. And I asked to CANCEL service??? Really hard to get off the phone with them... I kept repeating "I only want to cancel service with you, and I will never use OOMA again!" Finally after 5 minutes I think we are done. Wow... very difficult to get out of a relationship with them. I hope we are finally done!

Ooma was working fine at the beginning after I sign up. After a year of use, problems start to occur. I was not able to make outgoing calls at all. Every time I call someone, I get a busy dial tone. I reported this to Ooma and after a day it started working again. However the same busy tone problem occurred within the next few weeks. I chat with several of Ooma's online people, also talk to their phone support, no one seem to know why or what is going on.

Every time this happen, they basically just wait for the problem to go away. It is clear to me there is something wrong but they don't seem to be able to diagnose the problem and provide a long term solution. It is beyond frustrating when they ask you to call their support line, when the problem is, you cannot make an outgoing call. After my experience with Ooma's support department, I no longer trust Ooma as a phone provider. I rather pay more for a reliable service, than dealing with Ooma's periodic downtime and frustration.

In 2014 I tried product and several months later called to cancel. Support asked my reasons (lack of use) and told me my account would be closed. Today (shame on me) I noticed a $4.82 charge and again called to see why over two years later I was getting billed. Support said they did note my call back in 2014 but said the charge was because I said I was going to let a friend use the phone and keep the account open. THIS I DID NOT DO and was very uneasy when their rep asked for my credit card to give me a 6-month refund (max allowed he said). To give someone who's been pickpocketing you for 30 months your AmX number was unnerving, but the only way he said it could be done. You can bet I will be watching my card forward...

We had Ooma service till some time in May 2016 when we switched over to Time Warner. When I contacted them to cancel, their service rep pleaded with me not to cancel the service but to sell the equipment on Amazon or eBay. He managed to get my credit card info also, promising that they would charge but revert every charge immediately. I sold the Ooma system on eBay in October 2016 and informed them accordingly.

To my fault (& laziness) I was not very particular in checking details of my credit card statement - I took the Ooma rep at his words. However, in Feb 2017, it was a surprise when I got $128 charged as pre-payment for their yearly service. I also found that they had been charging me $4 monthly even after May 2016 but there was no reimbursement. I had to get new cards to prevent them charging me again and also disputed the charges my Citi Credit cards. In the end Citi did not refund my $128 because I did not have a written proof of cancellation with Ooma. Those who have deal with Ooma know that how hard it is to cancel their service & they don't leave a paper or email trail in this regard. In summary, Ooma is an unethical company, my advice is to stay away from them as far as possible.

I have had Ooma since 2013 and been happy with it even though they do not advertise the fact that you are still responsible for taxes and fees. I thought I was paying a one time fee for the device but it was not the case. I moved and no longer needed it. In December I spoke with Alvin who said he would cancel the account after trying to pressure me into keeping it or selling or giving the device to someone. In order to get him off the phone, I told him I would try to do that.

Today. May 29th, I see on my CC card that they have been charging me $4.10 per month. I called my CC Card company and they put me on a 3 way call. Danny at Ooma said that because I had not sold or given the device to someone, as agreed that I was still being charged. He refused to reverse the charges but Capital One did. Hence the reason for my complaining about Ooma. The device works well and I had no complaint about it but their Customer Service sounds offshore and is horrible. When I told him that customer perception is more important than reality, he went back to the script again said he could not reversed charges and offered me a replacement. I was very surprised that they would not reverse the charges. I thought they were more reputable than they are. Beware.

After chatting online and talking with two different people I finally got to the person who would cancel my service. I told her a dozen times I wanted my service cancelled and she kept arguing with me I need to keep the service until I sold the unit to another person. I kept telling her "no" and then I finally asked her "Are you listening to me? I said I want the service cancelled!!!". She gave me a cancellation number but from what I've read from other people they'll more and likely keep charging me. If I see another charge I'm going to call my bank and have all charges from them blocked if possible and dispute each one. This company is very unethical and are almost criminal.

We selected Ooma Office for an office based phone system for a new business early this year. I corresponded with an Ooma sales rep via phone and email for over a week to nail down exactly what we needed and what the costs would be. He provided, in writing (via email) a breakdown of what we would be charged and the services we would receive. Unfortunately, the price that he quoted was off by a factor of 3, and our bill was approximately $125 instead of the $40 we were promised. I escalated with support, and they "fixed" the problem and honored the salesman's agreement (or so they said.) The billing cycle passed, and I was again charged the $125 amount.

I called and opened another ticket and was told they would credit my account and fix it, and that I would hear from someone within 24 hours. A week passed, and I called back. I was escalated to a supervisor and was told that I didn't understand how billing worked. He explained why my charge was $125. I explained (and referred him to the emails I had already sent them from THEIR sales rep.) that my charge was incorrect. His response was (I'll paraphrase): "No, I can't escalate it. No, I don't care that you were promised one thing and lied about what we would charging you. Yes, I will escalate to sales management, but they don't understand how billing works, and don't really care - they just sell the promotional packages."

My only recourse is to cancel my service (which I will do as soon as I can figure out how to port my number). Ooma employs fraudulent business practices and won't stand behind what their very own salespeople sell. They hope that, once you're "locked in" to a new phone number, it's too much trouble to change it and you'll keep paying fees that are higher than traditional phone companies. I asked to be escalated beyond the person who simply repeated their current billing structure, and was told "it's my job to explain how billing works with Ooma. I've been here for 5 years, so I know." STAY AWAY FROM OOMA!

We cancelled our Ooma service 6 months ago; they still send us bills for a line we do not recognize! We have called them half a dozen times, they still send us threatening email they will send the case to "collection" (for a line we do not recognize and know nothing about!!). Their emails are threatening & intimidating. This is nothing but arm twisting. By the way, they had jack up the monthly charge on us without a notice; their bills just include one line item charge (say $30.00) - that's it. Unlike all other communication companies, Ooma's bills do not itemize the charge into line charges, taxes, FCC charges, etc. So you do not know what they are really charging you for! I believe this is illegal; something FCC would need to look into. As for billing, well, that says it all.

As for the voice quality - Poor; we would experience break-ups here and there. As for customer service? Most are poorly trained, their conversations are long and time consuming. They promise a supervisor will call but you never get a call. You can see the tip of the iceberg. That's why we just switched. Too much hassle, poor voice quality, bad customer service, ambiguous billing. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY, until, hopefully one day, they get their act together.

Very bad voice quality and worst customer service. They give hard time when you try to cancel their phone service. Porting of phone number to other carrier is not good enough to stop Ooma from charging your credit card.

I have been fighting with Ooma customer service for over three weeks now... I pay an extra $60 for the Enhanced Calling Bundle... I pay this extra amount primarily for the convenience of having the Blacklist feature. I've been an Ooma customer for over three years now. But all of a sudden when I try to use the Blacklist function via the Ooma site I get an error screen saying that I have to upgrade to a Premiere account... my contract has not changed... Ooma still takes my $60 and Customer Service just gives me the runaround...

Have used Ooma for 7 months, at first it was acceptable but lately the caller can't understand me due to choppy cut out every second or so. I tried moving it from after the router (new) to between cable modem and router, no change. Replaced the remote phone with a wired one, no change. Adjusted Ooma box QoS, which sets Ooma box internet priority (to do this browse http://setup.ooma.com/home.lp click advanced then set upstream to 512(default) or higher). I tried 1000k to 3000k, no change. We have 2 phone lines in the house, the second is Telus hardwired. I blow gently in the Telus phone and hear a continuous wind sound on the Ooma phone, but when I blow lightly into the Ooma phone, it's received with serious drops every sec or so, almost each word is chopped off. Rumor is Ooma's servers are overextended so it can't be fixed. Bottom line is my Ooma is unusable... sad I like it, except that I can't use it.

I had been a customer of Ooma for over a year. At first, when contacting them about services, I thought they were amazing. At the time, I couldn't afford the Telo box. So, they offered it to me at no upfront costs. However, after three months, my bill would increase about $10. There wasn't even contract. So, I could have "cancel" services at any time without repercussions. I thought this was a great deal because I only wanted it for a few months. Boy, was I wrong. On January 10th, I called to cancel my services. I informed the rep that I just didn't use it. Even offered to send the box back to them. The rep said that there was no need and told me to just sell it. He gave me a code for the new owner to input to receive benefits just for buying it from me. Again, I thought everything was good.

Today, I just happened to look at my bank account and notice that I was charged $19. xx from Ooma. Thought the charge was strange. So, I looked at my transaction history and discovered I was charged the last four months. Called Ooma to get their records straight. I wasn't upset because accidents happen. However, what they had told me infuriated me. The rep I spoke to stated that, since agreeing to sell the Ooma device, I supposedly agreed to keep paying for the service until I sell it. In what universe would that make sense? Why would I agree to keep it and still be charged when I called to cancel and offered to send it back.

The icing on the cake was when the rep stated that I, because of "agreeing" to keep it on, that I received a $10 refund in January. I informed him that all I have on my account are charges and not deposits. But, obviously, since it is stated on my payment history on the Ooma site, it happened... I was frustrated and stated if they have no issues charging me; why is it an issue when it came to refunding? Obviously, they don't have the wrong account information. Stated that it was a bank issue and to contact them.

The resolution that the rep got approved today was to cancel services and they are "refunding" four months that I shouldn't have been charged, minus the $10 that I supposedly received. The way he was acting, repeatedly stating that he is about to process the refund. Like, by him processing it would automatically alleviated Ooma of any other liability. Had to hurry and screenshot my account history on the website because, by cancelling services, denies me access to my information. I am skeptical if I will even see the amount in 3-5 business days. If not, I will be on the phone with my bank and them. Will not recommend services through Ooma Telo.

Ordered, installed, and ported my old number without issue. It comes with a free trial period of the premium service which has many features; none of which I needed. Upon reaching the end and cancelling the service, the device would make and receive calls except there was no voice. Unable to call the Ooma trouble desk, I used the online chat feature. Our internet is running 4M each way with only 1ms latency. The chat read my info and informed me fixing the problem was beyond their expertise. I would have to make a phone contact to the support line. Hmmm, three times I repeated that my phone, my ooma phone, was not working! "Sorry, TS," was essentially the response.

I had even unplugged the device power and put it back on watching as it returned to the solid blue "working fine" light. The Philippine help line reported they cannot phone call me; strange. They reported the Philippine located support team can be called but do not have a chat feature; strange. And they suggested doing an email exchange with a message turnaround of two business days per message; they don't work after hours or weekends. There is no savings in using Ooma products if they so quickly fail and in failure mode one is left stranded. I am moving to a basic cell phone since it will ultimately provide more service for less cost; and more importantly, will get fixed immediately if it has problems...

I ordered OOMA for my mother to replace her local telephone service. When my mother passed away, I cancelled the service. Now 4 months later, I've had to call them again to try to get them to stop charging my credit card. I hope it works this time. Their story was that they told me that they hold the account open for 60 days in case I sell it to someone else. Problems with that story. I don't have the device. I told them that 4 months ago. I told them to cancel immediately. If you're holding an account open for 60 days (the story they told me today), why is it still charging me 120 days later? At what point does it become it become theft - charging for a service that you don't provide. They are not apologetic about charging my account for an extra 4 months. They say they will credit my account for the charges. I hope it will happen. Good example of a company you don't want to give credit card information.

I ordered my Ooma Telo and wireless adapter in July. It worked for a while and then kept going out. They sent me a new adapter and again it worked for a while. It stopped working a few weeks ago and after 5 calls to customer service they agreed to send a new Telo and adapter. They arrived today and same problem. I called twice (got disconnected the first time) and was told they could not help me until I get an email, which I will get in 1-2 days... Last time they told me that it took a week and more calls. I am now fed up with them and now be asking for a refund. I am very disappointed with this company.

Spoke to both Avir and Carlo and they were extremely rude and will hang up each time from chat when they don't have the answer. When I would go back to start another new conversation as soon as it was my turn it would get disconnected. When I did this 3 times. As soon as I changed the title of my concern I was able to chat with someone. Terrible customer service. I will be using a different VOIP and not Ooma anymore. I'm writing this right after my conversation.

I had Ooma VOIP phone service for several years. It was OK, sometimes sounded like in a tunnel, sometimes service went out, but overall was fine for the price compared to other options. When my cable company offered a great package with multiyear significant savings, I ported my number. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I was so wrong.

First, be sure you make the rep send you an email of every single thing they tell you they will do, including canceling the account. Next, even though this may sound weird, trust me - you have to do it - tell them that you do not want them to assign another number to your unit. Tell them you aren't going to sell it or "give it" to someone else. Why? Because a couple months after my account was closed, they assigned me (better yet, my credit card on file) a phone number I was unaware was assigned to me. They have the nerve to say that I agreed to it and that they sent me an email (Nope! no email!). Then they start charging credit card on file for monthly service. You can't chat or email about it- they will send you to the phone number for customer service.

Meanwhile, if you try to log on to OOMA.COM account, you won't be able to get in because you really did close the account. When I called today and gave them my number, they had no record of me. They said my account was closed. I had to give them my name and address and *poof* suddenly they say "OH, your number is ***-YYY-ZZZZ." I was like WHAT?? What number??? And then the insanity of the conversation began. The imaginary previous "discussion" about me selling or giving my Ooma unit away. I never, ever said that or even knew people did that, I hadn't even considered it. I think my unit is out in a pile of stuff in the garage, actually. I think the scam is to reactivate your device under the guise that you will give it to someone to use. I would think you would have to request that in order to do that!

When you ask them to send you emails, they will put in that the day that you are calling is when you canceled service, even when that is not true. Always write them back and say "no, you are wrong, I canceled on ** date, you are fraudulently using my cc and closed account to set up phone numbers that are not mine". ALWAYS WRITE THEM BACK and set them straight, and keep for your records. Tell them you are staying on the line while they send the email. They will do it, begrudgingly, but insist. Don't hang up until that email hits your inbox. Promptly write them back and correct any misinformation and tell the rep the same. I told them I had never experienced such a racket in my life.

Lastly, I suggest canceling the credit card number and having a new one issued when you close your account or port your number. I was only able to get 3 months back (though I am going to dispute the charges with my cc and let them go after Ooma) but if I had changed the card number then they would have not been able to charge me.

This was the worst business choice I've made to date. Ooma promises the stars but does not deliver at all! There are sooo many problems with this product and the company I don't want to waste any more time than I already have. Just some examples; Very slow to ring, slow to answer, bad sound quality, messes with my internet connection, bad customer service, missing 100's of calls and don't find out till later, customers calling and getting a recording that the number is not in service, difficult and painfully slow to use extensions... etc... If you value your business do not use this.

Cost appears good BUT THE COMPANY is the worst. I ported my number, My prior company disconnect my line, Ooma notified my line was active, BUT OOMA failed to change the number in their computer system so I HAD 0 calls. And when people called they got a "this line is not in service" message. When I found, called O.-- oops, they fixed, then I had duplexing issues. Line cut out when people were talking, kind of fixed. Was not getting email notifications of voice mails then was getting them 1.5 to hrs late. Talked with every day this week, 30+ minutes a call, still not fixed. It appears their people are well trained to be polite but they know nothing, and the "engineers" appear to be people trained only to fiddle around and perhaps stumble on a solution. All of this in less than 30 days. BTW, their website is not user friendly. Things are placed in very counter intuitive locations. All in all, if you can afford it USE VONAGE.

First of all the service is terrible. Calls with customers were constantly dropped. We quickly ditched Ooma and went back with our previous service provider. That was the best part of our experience with Ooma. The worst was yet to come. Since then we've had 8 months of them trying to get us to resell their ** equipment and continuing to charge our credit card. I've had no less than four calls with them to where I'm begging them to cancel the account and they say they're "working on it". STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The service is awful but trying to break free is even worse. We've had to cancel our business credit card in order to cut ties with them. THE WORST!!!

I live in a rural area with poor cell reception, but very good high speed internet. I got OOMA to forward my cell phone for work calls. Although the forwarding feature worked well, as did the email voicemails, the call reception was very poor. People constantly complained they could not hear me, there were tremendous delays, pauses and clicks on the line. It was just not professional.

When I called to cancel the service, I had to talk to three people, none of whom "had the authority to cancel the service" and kept asking me the same questions over and over, trying to talk me into keeping the service. They would not accept that I just wanted to end the service. I told them that if they didn't, I would file complaints with multiple entities. That did not seem to phase them. I finally stopped auto-drafts with my bank to cancel the service. I would never, ever recommend this company to anyone.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ooma Telo devices provide VoIP calling for free. Customers connect the Ooma device to their Internet line and to their preferred handset. The device sends voice calls over the Internet for free; for domestic calls, consumers only pay the applicable taxes and fees. Ooma devices are available online and at several major retailers.

• Extra features: All Ooma accounts come with caller ID, voicemail, call waiting, an online call log and more. For an additional monthly fee, customers get a second line, free calling to Canada and Puerto Rice, three-way calling and other premium features.
  • Ooma-to-Ooma calling: Ooma users can use their Ooma connected phone to call any other Ooma line for free, even if the users are in different countries.
  • International calling: Customers can place international calls for as little as 1.4 cents per minute. Those who prefer to know exactly how much their bill will be each month can subscribe to Ooma’s World Plan, which allows customers to place unlimited calls to 60 countries for a consistent monthly charge.
  • Smart home connectivity: Ooma can connect to Nest thermostats to automatically forward calls when the thermostat is set to away. It can also send notifications to Android and Apple devices when someone calls the Ooma line so they will know who’s calling when they’re away from the house.
  • Accessories: Ooma sells several accessories so consumers can customize their system. Options include adapters to make the unit wireless, wearable handsets for safety and Bluetooth connectors to sync Oomas to cellular phones.
  • Best for Ooma is best for individuals who want a low monthly rate and have an existing Internet provider.

Compare Home Phone Service