NuEra Telecom

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I became customer with NuEra Telecom back in 5 years with a rate fixed for long distance calling. Initially did not realize that they are overcharging me (more than double), however, last year I check my bill, where I noticed that they are charging double and so many hidden charges. I called NuEra why you are over charging me and when I checked my bills for last 5 years, I found out that they over charged me around $3300 which was a lot.

I called them and demanded for refund of overcharging. They refused to pay and promised that they can only refund 3 months of overcharges maximum. However, that never happened, they did not refund overcharges but also refused to refund my security deposit. I have been calling them for last six months, however, every time, new agent tells me new story and is totally a FRAUD COMPANY with no basis in Canada. Therefore, if anybody can guide me how to get security deposit back from Fraud NUERA company and charges of overbilling, I will highly appreciate that.

NuEra Telecom withdrew $39 dollars from my account. They have refused to refund my money even though they said it is a deposit and that it would be returned as soon as I cancel. I have cancelled BUT THEY STILL REFUSE TO RETURN MY MONEY.

Many occurrences where they charge customers for calls. Made 2 months prior where they already paid for it, "fraud NuEra telecom". Reason given when they get cut: computer glitches/problems which is a lie.

It is a scam. Never try it. I had to call my credit company to get refund as they charge my card 39$. Ask me to refer more friends so they can continue giving service. Had to call my friends and tell them it is a scam. Luckily no of them was trapped into it.

NuEra telecom is a big fraudsters. They call from New Delhi and tell that they call from Florida or Quebec and they give you the fake rate like 1.9 cents/min or 10 cents/min but actual rate is different from this and they say that you have to pay $9.95 which is fully refundable but this money is not refundable and if you are ready to take that service they will tell you that "what deal I have given to you, do not disclose on the verification call because that call will be recorded" and they want to save the company for security purpose if anything goes wrong and they say that "we give you $20 free calling" but actually you will get nothing and if you talk 2 min you have to pay for 4 min on your bill and if you are not ready to pay then the amount will be auto debit from you credit or debit card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NuEra Telecom?

I got called from NuEra Telecom for giving me the lower rate. I am already a customer. They told me that they lower my rate from 5.99 to 1.99 cents/minute. The gentleman asked my credit card information and another phone number. He told me when I get call from third party to verify the information do not tell them you already know NuEra Telecom and you don't have another number which is already registered with NuEra. I was tempted and say yes but later I thought I should not do this to get cheaper rate. When I refused to comply with him he said "go to hell". This company is doing unethical business to lure customers.

I did pay my bill online banking. Money was deliver 8/14/15. I ask them to send their email so I send proof. I am waiting and their account receivable is inefficient.

To all the public pls do not hook up with this fraud company. They are cheaters. They call from this company to convince you for the best rate. They promise you as low rate match to Pakistan when you call to other countries. And the sales rep tells you if his supervisor call you to confirm just tell them OK for 39.00 initial fee but you do not get charge!!! And tells you no hidden fee in bills. First, they charge you US$39.00 right on spot. Then the rate is not the same as promised. Then you will see some other hidden fee on your bill. When you call them to complain then they say they can give you $5.00 discount but at the end you ended up more than double the cost of any other telecom companies. They also deny promised rate was given at the beginning.

Please, if they call you don't agree and don't give them your account no, if they get once your account they will charge you extra, almost double. At the beginning they tell you, "We gonna take 39.58 for deposit and you get 100 minutes free." I'm telling you you will not get your money back and a free minute. Be aware those Indian scam. Even when you call customer service they are wired. You don't get help, they make you angry. The way they talk to you - UNPROFESSIONAL. You feel they are not in America.

I had a call from an Indian guy who claims to be a rep. He told me about a call to Ghana being cheap. He said it is $10.00 for 1 hour and asked to subscribe and get a discount. They charged me $39.95 and did not even get the call credit to make a call. Beware of their scam.

Don't be fool if you get a call from this company to convince you for the best rate. They promise you as low rate match to India when you call to other countries. And the sales rep tells you if his supervisor call you to confirm just tell them OK for 39.00 initial fee but you do not get charge!!! And tells you no hidden fee in bills. First, they charge you US$39.00 right on spot. Then the rate is not the same as promised. Then you will see some other hidden fee on your bill. When you call them to complain then they say they can give you $5.00 discount but at the end you ended up more than double the cost of any other telecom companies. They also deny promised rate was given at the beginning. Total FRAUD and unprofessional.

I have registered my phone with NuEra Telecom last month (June 2015) & I am very much satisfied with the quality of service provide by the company, and stay couple of month with NuEra. They offer me 5.4 cent for PAKISTAN & 3.7 cent for INDIA. I thought they misguide me because I already pay 7 cent for PAKISTAN so when I received the first bill was just amaze due their honesty and voice quality is excellent. So I refer my friend and relatives and they are also having the same good experience with NuEra Telecom.

If they haven't gotten you yet, and you are really considering their service then beware! You will be better off taking all the advice and warnings you are fortunately reading here. I wasn't smart about looking around for reviews like this before trying their service, and I have regretted very much. Their service reps use some "high pressure" tactics to trick you into believing that they will give you a great deal and value for your money, in spite of their standard (high) rates.

My service rep (who called himself "agent") was **. He told me to say "yes" to everything a second person who verified my account will ask me. My guts told me I was being stupid! But I ignored and went ahead to accept all their "terms and conditions," if you can call it so. Well, long story short, I am still waiting for my $39.99 "hold fee" they deducted immediately from my account at sign-up. I used their service for less than one month, but they managed to fraudulently extract a "monthly" bill of $53.57 from me. Their catch is in how much they charge to connect your call. Most of my calls were to Ghana.

This company is fraud. Never take their services. They offered something else which looks attractive then send so much bill and then they never pick up your call.

This company is a big SCAM. I didn't pay attention to all the bad reviews online because I was desperate trying to find a cheap rate to call my family in Cuba, BIG MISTAKE!! They overcharged me every month, I had to spend an hour on the phone with every bill to get it fixed because they increased the minutes in every single call I made, thank god from day 1 I made notes of every call (date, time, minutes on the phone) so I had enough information to fight back every month. It was so much stress in my life that I decided to cancel their service even if that means paying high rates to Cuba. I've been waiting since January 2015 for my $38.95 deposit, today is June 8. I was told it would take 4 months, what a joke when they always charged me instantly on my credit card, now when it's their time to pay it has to take 4 months, 4 months for what??

Anyway I put it on my calendar because of course I can't count on these thieves. So I called in May and the lady said they didn't do it because they had my expired card on file. Another joke, I had already paid few months with my new credit card and they never had any problem getting their money.. So I guess they could not use that card to refund my money?? So she checked the last 4 digits of my card and said I would get my money in 15 days. Of course it's already been over 2 weeks and no money so I'm calling right now, the guy is telling me that there was a problem in their system so he's doing it now. I'm on hold and feel I need to punch someone in the face. :) Anyway, now another 5 days to see the money on my bank account, that's if I ever get it. Please, do not make the same mistake, save money and headaches and go to another provider even if you have to pay more at the end, trust me, you'll save money!!

Updated on 07/20/2015: I wrote a review last month about this ** liars. I'm still waiting for my $38.95 deposit since January. Since my previous review (June) when they told me my refund was processed and would take 5 days, I've called several times because I don't see the money in my bank account and it's been over one month. The rep today said to call my bank tomorrow and if it's not there to call them back. Of course I will have to call these liars tomorrow again and see what new excuse they have. This people should be in jail!

This service was TERRIBLE! I began using this service a couple of months ago where I was promised that it would cost me $5 but instead they charged my card with $10. On calling customer care to get my refund, they claimed that the refund was not possible on the card from which they charged me in the first place and asked for details for another card. I then provided the details of another active card of mine which did not have any money on it, but yet again they claimed that the money was not refundable on that card as well. I do not understand if they wished to take more money from me or refund my money.

I called the customer care again where now they do not seem to have any details of the second card although I spoke to the Indian sales department minutes ago. So far I have spoken to ** from the Indian sales department of the company and none of them have been able to help me with this easy refund. Everything was very suspicious so I demanded to speak to their senior, but instead they hung up on me. I am very angry with this service since my problem is not anywhere close to being resolved and they have details of two cards of mine which do not seem secure with them. I would absolutely NOT recommend NuEra telecom to anyone. They are just looking for ways to cause problems instead of helping out. HORRIBLE!!

These people are thieves. They called the first time and convinced me that you will charge me $5 for an hours. Then, their agent told me that his company will call me to confirm me if accept the offer. When they called me they told me that they will charge me 0.3/minute ($18/hour). So, I said no, then their agent called me again and he told me to say yes for the offer and he will fix it to make it only $5/hour. Unfortunately, I listened to him.

Anyway, after days they called me again and they told me they have a better offer--$3/hour but I have to cancel my old account (I used my credit card for that account) and give them my debit card information for the new account. So, I did. As a result, they charged my both cards about $39.99 each one. I called and I cancelled my account and still waiting for these thieves to refund me my security deposits.

This company is calling from India but pretending from Miami FL, that they have better rates for calls from US-Pakistan but all fraud and scam. They offer call rate 2 cents/minute which they charge 5.9 cents/minute. The initial charge supposed to be $9.95 which was 39.95. They trick you and scam you. Be aware of these numbers 1-786-123-1111, 1-858-768-2393, 1-800-761-5704. Do not take their call please otherwise you will also be ****scammed.****

NuEra has good service, unfortunately, they over charge, they count extra minutes on the call. They charge extra for administration fee. They charge a lot of things under many names, and they put amount less than 1 dollar for each. The total bill will be going up double than the call cost itself. It is better to find another company!

So I got call from this company by the sales guy named Binod. First day I denied his service, saying I wasn't interested in buying phone card. He asked me to give him some referrals and I gave him few of my friends' phone number who bought his service. He called me again in a week or so and asked me for more referrals and I did. He promised that he would give me 250 minutes of talk time for free for giving him referrals. Then he asked me, he only needs my card number to verify the location and address, and $9.95 would be on hold for one or two days which would be refunded.

I suspected fraud right away but since this guy spoke in same language as me, I was convinced that he wouldn't lie or fraud. I was transferred to his supervisor for some agreement. I was told by Binod to just say yes for whatever he said since he was taking care of everything. I agreed to say yes to his supervisor for everything he asked.

Next day I saw my bank statement - I was charged $9.95. Remember Binod told me it was going to be on hold, but it wasn't on hold. Money was charged from my account. I said to myself 'let's give them few days and money should be back', but it wasn't in my account. It's been over 10 days and money is still not there. I called Binod and got hold of him. I yelled at him and his company tactics for frauding customers. He again said he would put money back in account within a day or two and still as of today, it's not there.

This company is a big time fraud. All my referrals who are my friend were charged $39.95 as a hold money, which would be refunded within few days but still its been over 15 days and no one has got their money. I read about this company online on few websites and there are lots of customers complaint about how this company is frauding everyone all the way from Canada to USA. There is not a single good review about this company. All the salesperson are big time fraudster. Specially Binod who spoke my language and frauded in a good way. I filed a complaint to Better Business Bureau as well. Avoid this company at all cost. Reps will yell and curse at you as well.

This company is so dubious, the workers trick one into paying some money, almost 40 dollars with no clear explanation and you are told that your money will be return back which is never done. They tell so many lies. I will advise anyone not to try them because all they do is to rip off your money.

This company just steal from my credit card. They called me because they convinced my friend if he let subscribe we will pay $6 for an 1 hour and that was December 27. I said I don't need it when he called me. When he called because he knows that our names is Muslim names, he said Salam Alaikum with a fake tone and said that his name is.... He start calling my number every single 2nd, just harassing me. Eme. Eme. Each time I pick up he said do you have friends?? Give me their number. I said can you stop harassing. You called me you reaching me to give you my card number and also you are harassing about my friends number?

He said please try. I said, "I don't know where my card is and I don't want to try. Let me call you back." He said, "Go look for your card and I will wait." I said, "I'm busy I will call you back." I have to call back in the next 10 min. I finally gave him my card. He asked me for another card saying that my card wasn't working. I said forget it... I asked, "Hi, are you trying to steal money from my account?" He said, "No, I promise you already that there is no charge. I want just to give you a free credit to try." I called back in their office to ask about him, Mohammed **, the lady was like whooo???? And she said wait, probably she received a sign from someone saying it's me.

He took the phone; since you said you don't want the service; I just want you to try. In addition he said my coworker will call, just tell him I charged you for the sign in fees and he gave another amount higher to tell to the person which was higher instead of the (6$ for 1h). I asked him, "Why do you want me to lie?" He said, "because I'm giving you a good price, I want to get new customer from you."

2 weeks ago a lady called me. "You need to pay $600, if you pay now, I will give you 10% off." I said, "for what?" she said: You use NuEra Telecom. I said please send my bill and gave her my email. I would to see who I call and the time. She never call me back . I use Stanacard which is more expensive, but I never use that amount because I call only my Mom. When I try to use NuEra, the line was not working. Every 3 or 4 min, they go back and recall your conversation, at that time you are just burning your credit and you are not talking to no body. So I called my boyfriend and told him that they're stealing from him.

Yesterday I checked my credit card, they still in. Please those kind of my card for 39.9 and $50 once or twice. I'm not even using her card since their line was so bad, I just kept using my stanacard. This company doesn't need to exist. Please stop stealing people money.They work hard for that.

It is a complete fraud company. I don't know why RCMP are not taking action against it. I paid 39 dollar (2 years back) and forget it. Suddenly they called (a girl in very apologizing voice) said that, "We are very sorry for the inconvenience you had with our company. Please provide me some other credit card information and we will refund your money back." And to my dumb, I gave it and charged again for 41 dollars.

I had very bad experience with NUERA Telecom. They are the biggest cheater. I have used their service rarely like 5 or 10 minutes in a month when I saw my bill it become more than the market rates. I called in the month of March and April 103 minutes and they charge $6.50. I am a truck driver and most of the time I don't see my emails. When I see my bill they had added $18.90 in my bill and my bill becomes $40.50 due to late fee. They informed me somebody called me but they lies nobody called. After next month my bill become $61. After they cancel my service and they insisted to pay the bill $30. I called on 103 minutes and I pay $30 for it even I called and asked them when I saw their email and surprised. Even they had deposit of 39.95.

This was recent experience. But I had experience worst than this. Their representative NAMED KABEER called me last year and offered me for free calls for 2 months and asked me a prepaid gift card because I was not giving him my credit card number. He told me this amount will be double and the refund will be coming into the prepaid Card. But this cheater did not refunded and he sacked $50 Gift Card too. So those are the worst experiences with them I had.

They are not telling their customers the truth about their service on charges. The free trial that they will offer you is not free at all. They later charge you for using that free trial. When you ask for the associate that connect you on that free service then they will say, "He no longer work for us." Unfortunately this is not a company that you can get a receipt or verification code from them.

They charge you 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 minutes more for each call you made. It happen after the minute 7 or more. Look it for yourself! They charge you for administrative fees and others names, about 30% more of your total bill. They do not return your money. A lot of time to complains and no solutions. Supervisors not available when complains for money return, etc. Terribly!!!

I was told that my 38 dollars initiation fee will be refundable upon cancellation of services. I had to cancel their services when they started to charging me for cellphone calls that I NEVER MADE! Since then I am calling and calling asking for my 38 dollars refund and nothing yet. It's more than a year now.

I was told there was a 45 dollars initiation fee that was refundable upon cancellation of services. The rates for Cuba were the cheapest 49 cents a minute (well too good to be true). Was never told about other charges i.e. carrier cost charge, administrative fees, network access charge, international access fee, recovery fee. The frustration started when I got my first bill and they overcharge me minutes. (Thanks god I kept track of every minute I called.) I complain and they rectify the problem. Then my bill was due February 17. They called me and demanded the money January 29 and if I didn't pay they will cut the service off. (I never heard about a company demanding payment before the due date). Then they made another mistake with my minutes.

I finally got fed up and cancelled on April 14. They owed me the 45 dollars from the refundable initiation fee but forced me to pay first my last bill (which was 37 dollars). I was told it will take 40 days for the refund. It has been over a 100 days and still waiting. Finally decided to place a complaint with CRTC and here. I just wonder those ones who don't keep track of their minutes how much are they been rip off their hard earn money. This is by far the worst company I ever dealt with. Then they phoned me constantly to see if I can refer them to friends. Until I told them I would not refer them even to my worst enemy.

Guys I am sorry that you have had terrible experiences with this company. They have tried calling me numerous times at work, shopping mall, and even sometimes when I am sleeping. I do not know how did they get my number but each time they try to deceive me I am not buying their service. Sometimes they get too excited and offers me huge discounts and tells me "please do not disclose this with other people." What a joke! haha. Sometimes I give them half of my credit card number and then start refusing to buy their service. I love how they beg ;)

This is big fraud company. They charge you more and if you ask for refund, you will never get back. Next month, they will charge you more. Never deal with this company.

NuEra Telecom Company Profile