Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Net10 Wireless provides wireless phone plans without a contract. Smartphone plans start around $20 per month for unlimited talk and text plus data. Pay-as-you-go plans let you choose your minutes and service days. Customers can also opt into convenient auto-refill through the company’s website.

NET10 Wireless Learn More

Unsubscribe at any time.

NET10 Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have had this service in different phones not only mine years. No discounts, no nothing and I pay high dollar cards. I am looking for better. $65 and you think it be fast service and not slow speed. Not Happy and with this virus the cards raise? Looking for better places. Now $70 cards really??

Original review: July 19, 2020

If you're looking for a phone service please do not waste your time with this company! Their customer service is terrible. I have been with this company for close to 10 years mainly because it was affordable and the only service that would work in my rural area. However they have not once offered me a discount on service or even acknowledge me as a loyal customer for this long. Whenever I have an issue it takes a large amount of patience to just deal with their representative which are never easy to comprehend. This company is definitely only looking for profit not to please its customer's. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The speed of the data when not on wifi is absolutely terrible. I did a speed test. The results for the download speed is 0.06Mps. When I am not on wifi, I can not even get internet at all. Net10 is a bad company in my opinion. Back in the day, dial up internet over a land line phone was a lot better than net10. I would give 0 stars if I was able to. The service is very bad and the phones they sell are absolutely junk. The CPU on the phone over heats as well. Net10 should be ashamed of having terrible data speeds, phones that are junk, etc. Come on net10, get with the program. I am considering switching companies and would not recommend Net10 to anyone.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have been a Net10 customer since 2006, and I have NEVER had any problems until this year. I have an older phone, a Nokia 1100. All I wanted was the ability to make and receive calls and text. Over the years, I have purchased additional minutes every other month, either with a phone card or through the Net10 website. As I said - NEVER had a problem until this year. I purchased minutes three times this year, the most recent was today (6-6-20).

With all three purchases, I have had the same problem wherein the service end date does not change and my newly purchased minutes are not added to my phone. With the two previous incidents, I spent frustrating HOURS on with various customer service reps trying to get the problem resolved. The problem clearly lies with Net 10, because each time, they were able to fix the problem and get my service back on track. Most of the time, the CSRs have been patient and courteous; today, however, the CSR insisted that the problem must be with my phone.

On their end, he said the additional minutes and updated service end date are showing up, but I explained that the information did not transfer to my phone. I explained the situation over and over again to the CSR, also telling him over and over how this has happened before and Net 10 fixed it. He just kept repeating that their system shows the added minutes and new service end date. I asked to be transferred to another CSR; I was put on hold only to be disconnected a few minutes later (which has also happened before). Another problem I have experienced is the Net 10 service area - there are huge areas where my phone shows NO BARS, which is a big problem if I need to make a call. It's another problem that I didn't have before this year. I guess the only resolution is to buy a different phone and sign up with a different company.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Avoid this company like the plague. I've been a customer since 2011. The service USED to be reliable until 2020. Now, I have very frequent service interruptions for no reason whatsoever. In the beginning, it would happened overnight. I would wake up in the morning and SOMETHING would always be off. Phone Service. Internet. Voicemail. Texting. Every month, I would have some kind of outage. Sometimes 2 or 3 times in the same month.

The customer service line seems to be answered in South America. Most of rep's English comprehension skills are horrible. No matter what you say, they mindlessly read a script back to you that doesn't address your issue. Most of them don't have a clue about how to handle technical problems. Their solution to EVERY problem is, "Turn your phone off and turn in back on again." Phone Service. Texting. Voicemail. Internet. All going out at the worst possible times and it took me an average of 5 HOURS to find a customer service rep intelligent enough to fix the issue. You will NEVER get your issue resolved with the first call. NEVER.

Net10/Tracfone does not own any cell towers. They piggy-back off of the towers of REAL cell phone companies like Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. I am looking for a job. I have a video interview in the morning. All I have is my phone. Of course, the internet went down. I have just spent nearing 6 HOURS dealing with over 15 different reps to get my internet service turned back on. When I find a job, one of my first priorities will be to leave this sorry excuse for a cell phone company. If you are looking for a job, if you have someone in your life who MUST be able to contact you, if you need your cell phone for your livelihood, etc. DO NOT activate with Net10/Tracfone. Read all of the other reviews. We can't all be lying.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Had good service until I tried to switch and keep my same number. I switched to Att and kept my same number. Now Net10 will not end my service and allow me to keep my number. I have called and keep get transferred From person to person and no one seems to be able to correct this issue.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Over the past 5 years I have been using Net10. I buy a fairly cheap phone and use Net 10's BYOP plan. The cell phone coverage is very good and I have never had a problem with anything. Idk why more people don't use Net10. It's so cheap, no contract, and awesome cell coverage.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I don't know where to begin. The incompetence of this company needs to be exposed on YouTube because not enough people read this. This company keeps turning off my phone and I have to spend 5 hours minimum each time to get it back on. It's happened 6 times in the since last fall. I have complained to corporate office in Miami, spent an hour explaining their broken promises and poor service.

The guy I spoke with did not care. Their regular customer service is horrible 9 out 10 times. It will take you many calls and transfers to find someone who can help with basic issues. I can give so much info about how bad this company is for a multitude of issues. Each time I call one of their #s, they announce calls are recorded, and I also start recording, to document things. I have over 20 hours of evidence if there is an agency interested to audit this company. The state of California and its citizens using Net10 are being ripped off by the poor service. I plan to contact agencies in California next to report Net10, to get their government contract revoked.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Well I've been a dedicated customer of Net10 for some time now and I've never been happy with their service, especially their low amount of data they give, but I was considering a different company like Metro because they offer unlimited data for less while Net10 only offers a measly 8 or 10 gigs. Well I decided to give them a chance to see if they have a heart. I figured other companies are being kind during this coronavirus so maybe they will be too. I get paid my social security on May 1. 2 days after my service ends. I simply asked to get an extension for 2 days. Well, no of course. Even manager said no. Of course I said I would not only quit service but also badmouth them. So here I am. They suck and I am no longer a customer. I suggest no one ever get their overpriced ** service. End. Ty.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My cell phone had become deactivated somehow and I called the customer service line at Net10. It was escalated twice over 8 days and it was finally restored by a gentleman named Rudolpho. It was very inconvenient not having service for a week, but I was happy it was taken care of, finally!!!

NET10 Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team