1.07/5

155 MCI / WorldCom Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I just received a text from 1-501-269-4006. The text reads "You paid C-Talents $21.00 on 2017-08-31 01:16 pm EDT". I checked my bank account and there is no such activity. I just called the number and a machine activated voice said "Thank you for the call Daniel" and then nothing. WTH. Just another type of SPAM that consumers have to watch out for!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I need to speak to corporate or someone because I am sick and tired. You guys are harassing me on my phone calling for someone who doesn't have my phone. No more... First thing I am going to make sure that I am going to contact my lawyer and let them know what's going on... Am saving all the different numbers who you guys are calling me from... Am going to make sure of that. Am so highly disgusted. And then when I ask to stop calling they hang up the phone on me and do not give me no explanation.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

RE: MCI WORLDCOM COMMUNICATIONS - MI. During the past 30 hours, we have received 15, yes 15, phone calls (only counted those calls while we were home) from various area codes. I believe the collectors are calling for EMortgage looking for Steve ** and Kimberly. We have had this phone number for only 6 months and are not the people you are looking for. IF I RECEIVE ONE MORE CALL, I WILL BE CONTACTING MY LAWYER.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

This company is calling my phone 2 to 4 times a day and just hang up. I have no idea who they are or what they want. I want them to leave me alone. How did they get my cellphone number to begin with?

Original review: June 17, 2015

I had MCI as our long distance carrier for our home phone. They constantly left msgs on our home phone even after we asked them not to. I canceled the service with them, had a confirmation number which I sent with my last payment. They are still claiming I owe more even though I no longer had their service. They were calling my home phone several times a day and leaving msgs even after they were verbally asked and written notification not to contact me anymore. The only way I could get them to stop was to send another payment even though I didn't owe it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MCI?

Original review: April 24, 2015

I received a bill from MCI showing a $31.00 charge for an 11-minute call. I have made multiple attempts to call the Billing Inquiry phone number. I have left Voice messages with my number and no one calls back. When I do get a Live person on the line I have been documenting their names and time of call for my records but as soon as I say that I am recording the call they hang up. This is a Verizon owned company and VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH!!!

Original review: March 26, 2015

My great aunt, and mother have use mci since I have been a kid, I am 40 now. They don't have long distance call, and they had just very basic services. But Mci charge them in one month $750, for their service, and they are suppose to be on low income service. They could not afford to pay that high price. That how Mci show their loyalty. Shame on mci for taking advantage on old people.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I knew something was up when they seemed to have absolutely no consideration that I needed to call back because I was up all night with my newborn!!! Advise I would say, block them and if there is outstanding issues deal with it but from your servicer not them. If it is student loans, just say "thanks for letting me know I will now take care of this in the proper way, thank you!"

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

These people even when you tell them not to call you they call anyway and you get a bunch of different people, and I am tired of these calls. I have tried emailing also to get them to stop. Does anyone know a way of making them stop.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

Calls constantly several times a day, every day including weekends. No one there when we pick up and no messages are left. I want them to stop! I have no contact with this company nor do I know what they want. It's harassment.

MCI / WorldCom Company Information