Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

MCI / WorldCom

MCI / WorldCom
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

MCI / WorldCom Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Out of the blue, I received a bill from this company, MCI a Verizon Company. I don't know what it's for. Looks like a phone bill but I don't have any phone bill under my name and I don't have a phone contract with Verizon. I call Verizon and they say it's from Pacific Bill Wireless. I've never heard of that company either. I ask Verizon to give me their contact number in which they couldn't provide it. So I google Pacific Bill Wireless online and call and no answer. Now this bill is being sent to collection. I have never heard of this MCI company. The phone number on the account is not mine. I've tried to contact them but no one answer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

This number has been calling me all day long. It began in the morning & has continued! I won't pick up the phone, but it is very annoying! **. I looked the phone number up & it says it is owned by, "MCI WorldCom Communications," in California! They are still calling me & I want it to stop!

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have never dealt with this company yet they have called my phone almost 50 times in the last several days--a recorded message says that they are charging me $399 for computer services--what the hell??????

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

The phone number, 404-267-7090, is from this company (I found it online). They call me at least half a dozen times A DAY, EVERY DAY and then leave voicemails with nothing on them. I've tried blocking them but somehow they are still able to leave these persistent, constant, never-ending voicemails. I AM SICK OF IT! I am going to take legal action if they don't stop HARASSING ME!

Original review: July 8, 2019

I had MCI long distance for my hunting cabin in Trenton Ga. They canceled my service due to failure to use. I explained that I had no cellphone service and had to have landline for my security and fire protection. They made me resubscribe and told me to make a long distance call periodically. I found another company who wouldn’t cancel my service for lack of usage. I have spent 3 days trying to cancel my service. I can’t get in touch with a real person. I do not recommend this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MCI?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

MCI has been calling me and asking for me by my maiden name. I was married 20 years ago. They call at 6 am daily and then call over and over and over all day long. The person MARY refuses to identify who she’s calling on behalf of. Just likes to harass people at 6 am daily.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I cancelled their service early July. They billed me for July using automatic withdrawal even though I cancelled them. I called and they assured me that I would receive no more bills. Next month they again did automatic withdrawal of my bank account. Again I called and told them to stop which they assured me they would stop billing me. Eventually I received notification that I would receive refund. Next month they billed me again, subtracting it from my refund. I again called to tell them to stop billing me and again request a refund. Every time I called, they all agreed that I should not have been charged but that it has to be reviewed. No one could tell me when I would receive a refund.

They finally got around to terminating service on September 14. After complaining to management, Brandi, she agreed the system is flawed but she can't do anything about it. She is in management and can't do anything? She told me it would have to be reviewed first. I have heard this every month since July. It was Oct when I talked to Brandi. How long do they need to review? Was told if I was due a refund, which I previously told I would receive via automated message, but now they aren't sure, it would take an additional 1-2 billing cycles to receive refund. That's 1-2 months. But they STILL have to review it. I told her I was going to file with the FCC and did so after I ended the call.

Later that day I received call from MCI saying that it was finally reviewed and I would indeed receive a refund. So the day I tell them I'm filing a complaint is the day they finally admit they owe me. Their response letter to the FCC said the account was cancelled October 12, though to this day the auto recording says it was cancelled September 14. Which is it? They also said the new carrier had not notified MCI of the cancellation in July. THEY DID, I was standing next to them as they did it over the phone. I later wrote back to the FCC that the point is I cancelled service in July and as of writing the second letter mid November still had not received a check and still no set date ever as to when I would get it. July to mid November.

Finally November 23 I received refund. Beginning of July to Nov 23. I had to cancel service 4 times before they actually removed me from billing. Almost every call they assured me it would be "expedited", must be a company term which means nothing. In case you are wondering why I did not stop auto withdrawal at my bank, it would have cost me additional money to do so. It's also funny that they tell you that you can save $1 a month if you do auto withdraw payments, leaving out that they may continue to bill you month after month after you terminate their service, you may have waste time making multiple phone calls, have no idea when or even if you will be approved for a refund, deal with unsympathetic management, and wait months. But hey, you save $1.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

They've been calling me at least 5 times a month for 8 years, sometimes 3 times in a row over the span of a few hours, completely disregarding any kind of "do not call list" they claim they've already put me on many times over. Often times they threaten me in instances that I tell them I do not want to buy their vacation package. This company is a very elaborate scam, they even have a fake Wikipedia page to give them validity. Next time they call I'm involving the police.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

MCI bills for my mother are being sent to my address in another state. She passed away last year and they are sending a bill to my address in another state, my mother never lived with me. I have emailed over and over on their contact website and they won't stop sending the bill. I tried calling but they, of course, CS not available except M-F - 9-9... pretty bad for a company's customer service. I would never even sign up with that company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

This company should be disappointed with themselves. Whoever Stephen is has to be the most unprofessional and rude individual I have ever spoken to. It is so disappointing that he gave me a wrong name "Gutierrez". I had asked to speak to his manager and the man intentionally put me hold for God know how long. I was surprised with the services until I came on here to see even worse reviews. But Stephen, when you work, you represent your company. I hope you have a good rest of your day.

MCI / WorldCom Company Information