1.24/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Lingo

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Lingo Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I noticed my phone service disconnected at around 3am on a Saturday morning. Can’t speak to anyone until Monday. Called. Spoke with someone that was supposed to call back after they spoke to a technician. Never received a call back on Monday, called Tuesday. Was told the repair ticket was entered wrong. Will put in the proper repair ticket. I am told my line was disconnected by mistake but Lingo. Will get back on in 24 to 72 hours. Called Thursday morning wanting to speak to a manager. Was told they couldn’t be reached until 10 am, called at 10 am. No manager looked at ticket made. Call and said service should be restored by close of business. Friday morning no service. Waiting on Lingo to open. Very dissatisfied account. This was an error on Lingo part.

Patricia,

Hello Patricia. Yes, it does take 30 days for a billing cycle to complete. Thank you for your continued patience.

Lingo Team

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I called the Customer Service # at the bottom of my bill, a voice recording came on and said I won a $100,00 gift card if you take a survey, I didn’t want the card, then a lady answered, she was from a foreign country, and Lingo’s Customer Service is in a foreign country, I could not understand her totally. I was using my Visa debit card to pay, I gave her the number and all pertinent info, she then tells me I need to speak this info into a recording, so there was a 30 second pause then an audio prompt with the same questions she asked, card # etc, then there was a question area that seemed to emphasize on me saying yes and no.

Once this was done there was one last recording with me saying yes to the last 4 digits of my card. There was something wrong with this whole set up, and sure didn’t and don’t feel confident that my card info is safe. I finally asked to speak to Customer Service in the United States, and she hung up on me. I will never use this again, and was not wanting to in the first place, but my call was directed to the in person paying of my bill. This occurred at 13:30 or so on 10/07/19.

Lingo response

Hello Michael, please contact us at Socialmediasupport@Lingo.com and provide your account number with a good contact number. We would like to research this matter with you directly. If you can please include the toll free number you dialed and received a voice recording of winning $100,00

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Updated on 10/10/2019: I made an earlier review of this company to update the experience. Lingo uses Verizon to repair their lines/equipment. I Had lost service on a Tuesday, called in for tech support, they couldn't schedule till Friday. (their window of service was between 9 AM and 5 PM. The tech came out around 3:30 PM and couldn't fix the entire problem (I couldn't dial out on the phone). He left. I had to call back in and then Lingo said they would get the tech to come back out that day. They call back an hour later to say they would schedule it for Monday.

On Sunday night at 10:30 PM, a Verizon tech had called to see what he could do for Monday. I told him the problem and he said he couldn't fix it. It had to be fixed from the Node/Switch (something I already knew). I advised him not to come. Being unable to dial out for 1 week. Between HORRIBLE Technical Support and Technical incompetence, I advise people to save your money and not get Lingo. It works fine when it works but if something goes wrong you are going to get really upset.

Original Review: I have had lingo for several years. The phone line went down. Calling in was a nightmare. After reaching someone They schedule a technician 4 days out. The technician came and fixed the part coming in but I still cannot dial out. Then I tried calling Customer technical support from a cell phone. The calls wouldn't go through for any of those numbers on the website. Finally, I called the sales department who got me in touch with Customer service. They were like what the tech said makes no sense. Then they wanted to create a Trouble Ticket but the system wouldn't allow the Lingo agent to create one. So I am still without service and will start by getting a reliable company first, then reporting this matter to the FCC.

Lingo response

Hello John! Thank you for the feedback. We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations. I do see where you contacted our support team by email. Someone from our Lingo team will be contacting you just as soon as you respond to us with a good contact number. We would like to research the issue in its entirety. Our online support email address is Socialmediasupport@lingo.com Thank you

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

After finding a less expensive phone service I called Lingo to cancel our service with them. I was told to cancel our contract I would have to pay one months charges plus 20.00. I agreed to this. The rep from our new phone company called Lingo to have them release the phone number so we wouldn't have to change it. Lingo told him he needed a special code to have the number released and he would have to get it from the customer. I called and asked for the code. Lingo told me there was no such code. We went around several times before deciding to just change the phone number.

I assumed the service was successfully cancelled because we had a new phone company and new number. Lingo continued to bill us. I tried calling and finding out why we were still being billed. They would say someone would call me back. No one did. After 6 months they have sent a bill for 284.00 to collection. I continued to try to communicate with Lingo but they sent my bill to a lawyer. They are now threatening to sue. I am researching how to file a formal complaint and anything else I can do as recourse.

Lingo response

Hello Gina, thank you for the feedback. Please contact us at socialmediasupport@Lingo.com and provide your account number or telephone number as well as a good number you can be reached at and we would be happy to resolve any issues you may be having. Very sorry to hear of your frustrations. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have been a long-time happy customer of Lingo. Recently, Lingo changed its name into ImpactConnect and then back to Lingo in a few weeks time. At the same time, the quality of service delivery has deteriorated dramatically up to a point that I have closed this account. I have not received any service from Lingo since August 2019. I have made a number of calls to find out why my phone was no longer working. Only after a few of those calls I learned that, in fact, I needed a new Lingo box. That box was going to be sent to me shortly. A few calls later in early September, I was told that shipment of the box was delayed because you were very busy. All that time, I have not been able to make or receive phone calls. I'm with Ooma now. Very happy with the technical quality and the service delivery. Best of luck to Lingo. You lost a long-term happy customer.

Lingo response

We are very sorry to hear of the frustrations you experienced. If you would like to further discuss, please reach out to us at socialmediasupport@lingo.com and we would be happy to review your account with you. Please include your account number or telephone number and a good contact number. Thank you for the feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lingo?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We have been customers since Birch launched the service - with NO problems. Recently our bill was past-due (first time ever). The wait time was well over 45 minutes and they do not have an email address to contact customer service. In speaking with a billing agent - he was so vague and unprofessional - I decided to pay my bill on-line rather than give him my credit card. We paid the bill but the service was NOT restored. We finally got someone on the phone who said she would ticket this problem but (one week later) the service has NOT been restored. Today we have tried to contact (1hr wait time) C/S with NO success. We are now looking for a new phone service.

Lingo response

Cheryl, can you please email Socialmediasupport@Lingo.com so we can immediately address this issue. Please include your account information as well as a good call back number. We are so sorry you have experienced this and this frustration. It is not our aim to have dissatisfied customers. We will turn this around for you as we value our customers!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

The people I have spoken with the past couple of days in trying to fix some issues with phone service and charges have been the most understanding and helpful people I have the pleasure in dealing with in a long time. My problems were addressed...explained to me and looked into. They refunded monies etc. This company may have had some issues in the past but the people I dealt with were wonderful. Way to go!! Thank you Lingo representatives for all you did for me. This company is better with you working in it... Thank you.

Lingo response

Thank you so much for kind words! We love to hear positive feedback from our valued customers!

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2019

It has been over a month since my last review of Lingo, and over a month since I requested that they terminate my long distance residential service. During the last month or so, I have made several calls to Lingo customer service, including posting my initial review here, but have got nothing but constant runaround. They have been "processing" the account close request for over a month and absolutely nothing has happened to move that ball forward. At this point, I am so sick of this company and just want to be rid of them for ever. If only there were a way to do that once and for all. So, in the end, nothing has been "resolved" but I'm done responding back and forth to a company bot on this website.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Updated on 10/21/2019: It has been over a month since my last review of Lingo, and over a month since I requested that they terminate my long distance residential service. During the last month or so, I have made several calls to Lingo customer service, including posting my initial review here, but have got nothing but constant runaround. They have been "processing" the account close request for over a month and absolutely nothing has happened to move that ball forward. At this point, I am so sick of this company and just want to be rid of them for ever. If only there were a way to do that once and for all.

Original Review: I was a Primus customer for over a decade, I had zero problems with them that entire time. But then Primus got bought by Birch, and then by Lingo, and then by Fusion. There was no notification of how any of this purchase/merger would impact customers. It became harder and harder to get answers from customer service agents - most of the time, the wait to talk to someone on the phone was well over 30 minutes and they do not have an email address to contact customer service. Plus, with all the mergers, the company has increased the monthly pricing without notifying customers.

The final straw for me was when they charged me a $25 payment bounce-back fee even though I have automatic payment saved on my account for years, and the same credit card number has been used by their system each month to automatically pay my bill. It took me over an hour of being on the phone, talking to three or four different levels of customer service agents - including several who hung up on me because they could not deviate from their script. Finally, it took my repeatedly asking them, "Are you refusing to let me speak to your supervisor, on this recorded phone call?" to finally get someone higher up to finally refund me the bogus bounce-back fee. I repeatedly heard, "sorry we cannot do anything" or "that is not our mistake" or "we cannot give you the account number that our system used to process your payment"...excuses upon excuses.

Two months later, once the $25 credit showed up in my account, I tried to cancel my account and again, it took my calling 3 or 4 different toll free numbers, and over 40 minutes of being on hold to get to a live agent to get them to cancel my account. No one in customer service ever picks up, so I called the sales line - obviously they want new business so the line was staffed! The sales agent said it will take 3-5 business days to terminate my services, I hope I can finally get rid of this terrible company!

Lingo response

Good Afternoon! CAn you please email Socialmediasupport@Lingo.com so I can assist you directly? Please include your account details and contact number.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2019

My issue with Lingo/Birch was resolved by way of a letter emailed to the Corporate Vice President, Client Relations, who assigned two managers (two Departments involved) to bring the matter to a proper resolution. Their efforts settled the matter in a proper and professional manner.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

15-year customer, satisfactory relationship until the merger with Birch Communications. My experiences: (1) Received an after-the-fact notification of the merger. (2) Reported technical issues following the merger, went unresolved. (3) A monthly cost increase, without prior notification or agreement, was questioned with customer service and told my earlier service level was no longer available. A refund was requested and was told the tax portion could not be refunded, leading me to dispute the charge. (4) My intention to change the VoIP service was conveyed to the customer service agent and then informed the account would be closed at the time the telephone number was transferred. Now I am being told a separate call to customer service is needed to close an account (See Item (8) below). (5) Monthly billings continued.

(6) 3-Disputes were processed by my bank, 2-settled in my favor by credits to my account, the third was reportedly authorized August 21, 2019. (7) August 28, 2019, I received notice of "overdue payments due", and after several email exchanges asked for the matter to be referred to a manager, with the question, "Pay for services not provided?" (8) Was advised by customer service the account was closed August 12, 2019, in response to the 3rd bank dispute, with the telephone number transfer being completed June 25, 2019, along with the latest dispute credit being authorized and issued August 21, 2019-not yet received by the bank. (9) The bank's multiple dispute resolutions in my favor, and later an overdue payment demand, demonstrates a significant contradiction within the company.

The issues I have experienced with Lingo/Impact following the Birch merger are similar if not identical to the others posting found below. Obviously, the merger by Birch placed Lingo in a "not ready for primetime!" marketplace position.

Lingo response

We are glad to hear that your issue was resolved. We do apologize for the efforts it took to get it resolved however we are listening and appreciate the feedback. Please consider your rating for Lingo, we do value you as a customer! Thanks so much!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The worst. Was a Birch customer. They took over, they suck. Not only will they lie right to you, but 20 minute hold to speak to customer service where they will tell you something completely different than they told you the first time. I guess if you have a contract they don't need to care about customer service.

Lingo response

Good Afternoon! Please reach out to Socialmediasupport@Lingo.com so we can assist you and any issue you may be having. So very sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. We would like to change that and renew your confidence in us.

Lingo Company Information