1.5/5 (95 ratings)

About Lingo

Lingo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lingo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lingo?

Original review: June 13, 2022

Our 877 line has been down since last Wednesday. All the customer care line says is "so sorry you are experiencing that, I'll let them know you need them to call ASAP." They never call. Apparently over the weekend they sent me an email, which I never received. What happened to the call? Our customers cannot get ahold of us. We are losing existing customers, we are losing sales, and there is literally NOTHING I can do about it because our 877 line is at the mercy of Lingo. I am already looking into a new provider because I cannot do business this way!

Loretta,

I apologize for the delay in responding and your inconvenience. Please email us at socialmediasupport@lingo.com and provide your telephone number and/or account number and we will be more than happy to assist you if this issue has not already been resolved.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Our law office line has been down a week. Not once a follow up. I would never recommend doing business with these people. They like to put people out of business. I specifically called, "Oh there’s a outage." 5 days later nothing.

Lingo response

Sarah - We are sorry to hear of the issue you are having. Can you please email us at socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your phone number or account number so that we may take a look at the issue and attempt to escalate if possible?

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 24, 2022

Testing has proven the problem is on the Lingo side and they refuse to repair and they are charging more than anyone else pays for telephone service. No response, no help, just dead telephone line and a huge bill. I called, I emailed, days with no help.

J

I am hoping that the resolution was completed and all is working as it should for you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have had a toll-free number for many years. It was hosted by Birch Communications then passed to Lingo. The number stopped working on Friday of last week. It is Wednesday of this week. I have opened a ticket on Lingo's website and called daily to the boiler room type customer call center in India where I have been promised daily the situation would be corrected "as soon as possible". I have not received a single response from Lingo as of yet. My toll-free number is my business therefore I am out of business as of last Friday.

Lingo response

Brent - can you please email me at socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your toll free number or your account number so that I may assist in escalating this issue for you?

Customer Service Manager

Original review: May 13, 2022

My 92 old mother has this company. Her phone went out last Friday May 6, 2022. It is still not fixed. We keep calling. No one comes out to fix it. Today is May 13 one week later with no results. My husband has been calling all week trying to get this fixed for her. NO ONE and I mean no one will help get someone out to check the phone lines. Of course they told us today by 7. No one showed up again and closed for the weekend. I am ashamed that this company is taking advantage of my mother. Their prices are ridiculous on top of it. They don’t want to do anything but take old people money. She has first alert. We are not sure if that is working due to phone line being out! We had to get her a cell phone which she is having terrible difficulty with. I wish someone could have compassion and fix this for her.

Lingo response

Lori - My apologies for the issues you are having. Please let us know when the change over has completed for your mom and we will make to cancel the service for you.

Regards

Customer Service Manager

Original review: May 11, 2022

A few months ago I saw how much my aunt was paying for our outdated home phone line, so I called my cable company who I already have TV and Internet through and had them port the phone number over, the next month we still got a bill from Lingo. Gave them a call and let them know the date the port was completed and service switched. Now they are trying to bill us for breaking our contract, my aunt had the phone through a different company before Lingo acquired her account in a merger/buy out. We have never signed a contract with them.

Lingo response

David can you please email me at socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your aunts account number or phone number so that we can assist you in getting this issue resolved?

Dana Ledkins

Original review: May 2, 2022

We started with this company when it was Birch, which Lingo acquired. We used them for our fax line. In February 2022, we canceled the service because faxes are somewhat obsolete. We have a small refund due, $22.24. It's not that big a deal unless they are holding refunds for many accounts. Additionally, when I tried calling the number on my last bill, 1-866-405-4646, it didn't work. I got a fast busy signal.

Lingo response

Maggie I am so sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your refund. If you can email me at socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your phone number or account number I will be glad to provide you an update on your refund.

I hope to hear from you soon.
    Lingo Communications

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I have been trying to port my Lingo number to a new carrier, however it has been unsuccessful. Whenever my new carrier submits a request with my account number and the pins given by lingo the request errors out and no confirmation is provided by lingo. I have contact lingo customer service multiple times in a last week but no one seems to understand the issue and provides a valid transfer PIN. And this has been happening after I am with lingo for more than 10 years. They will not let you go off from their network.

Lingo response

Hello Ashish. We are sorry to hear that you are porting out your number. If you would please email socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your contact number and account number we will be sure to have someone call ASAP to assist you. Thank you, Lingo Team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My 90 year old father-in-law was persuaded to change his long distance service to Lingo and ended up actually paying more than his original service. When he was moved to an assisted living we called twice to get the service cancelled, but still continued to receive charges. We did finally get the service cancelled after several months of extra charges. They seem to lock customers in with short term deals and make it difficult to "escape"!

Lingo response

Hello David. I am sorry you had a delay in getting your Father in laws service long distance service disconnected. Orders to take time to process through the system. I am glad to hear that it was resolved but do apologize for any frustrations you had in the process of doing so. If you have any additional questions or need further assistance please contact socialmediasupport@lingo.com and we will glad expedite any request. Thank you, Lingo Team.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Lingo sold us on switching to them with no contract service and we did. We've been with Lingo for 4+ years. Everything was fine until we recently switched over to AT&T. After service was disconnected Lingo continue to charge us. When I called, they told me that we were required to call them to formally terminate. So, I did. We ended up having to pay several months of service fees for nothing and that was fine. But, then, after the termination, we got charged $200 for "early termination fee." Since we never signed any contract and the sales person assured us that it was a month to month service, I didn't think it was appropriate that we got charged an "early termination fee." So, I opened a dispute case.

The Support member said they would check the recording to see if they can approve. Then, they called me back and said that we have not signed the yearly contract with them. But, they have a month-to-month contract with us. So, though we didn't break the 12 month contract because there was no yearly contract signed and any period of contract signed, we were on month-to-month. And, termination of a month-to-month service is still breaking the contract and we still need to pay the early termination fee of $200. WHAT??? I asked several times for the logic behind this. I have never heard of this.

But, they said they would take $100 off from the "early termination fee" because we've been with them for over 4 years, but we are still required to pay the $100 because of they have recording to prove to me. So, they played the recording and I listened. That was just the usual recording that they record when we signed up for the service. It was just the simple do you approve to switch over to Lingo to be your local service provider, long distance provider, etc. There was no mentioning what-so-ever of the any yearly contract, half-yearly contract, quarterly-contract or month to month contract. Also, there was no mentioning of any penalties if customers terminate the service at any time. Nothing mentioned in the recording. When I questioned about this, there was no good answer.

Then, I was referred to check their terms and conditions in an url. So, no mentioning of anything in the recording and all we have agreed to was to switch over to using your service. And, now you are telling me that you have decided to charge us an unreasonable $200 for nothing and I have to agree???? And, all because it is in your terms and conditions now? We were never told that you have an early termination charge of $200 for month-to-month service. LINGO!!! You need to get your BUSINESS STRAIGHT!!! This is not an HONEST and OPEN way to RUN BUSINESS. CONSUMERS!!! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

Also, don't try to fool your customers that you have recordings to prove that we are required to pay that "strange fee" for terminating the service. The recording was simply verbal approval to switch over to using your service. Please HAVE SOME RESPECT for the intelligence of your customers. We gave your company respect by giving your business, now, at least give us, YOUR CONSUMERS, a tiny bit of RESPECT back.

Lingo response

Hello Raymond. Could you please email socialmediasupport@lingo.com with your account number and a contact number so we can research the issue you reference and resolve any issue you may be having. We certainly do not want unhappy customers. We will continue to follow up with you to ensure your matters are resolved. Thank you~ Lingo Team

Lingo author review by Ellen Muraskin

Lingo is a network service provider with options for landline and mobile voice services, VoIP and broadband internet services for small- to medium-sized businesses and residential customers.

• Expansive network: Network includes 4 POPs, 120 fiber-route miles and partners such as Broadsoft, Crisco, GTT and Neustar. Lingo also provides comprehensive service and solutions through more than 300 connected carrier networks.

• Business solutions: Voice conferencing services make it easy to hold conference calls with toll-free access. WebEx is a web collaboration tool for sharing desktops, documents and applications. Plus, customers can get vanity 800 numbers, hosted fax communications and international long-distance calling.

• Residential solutions: Advanced communication solutions for home start at around $30 per month. Add-on services include long-distance calling, voicemail and inside wire protection.

• Mobile services: Unlimited plans start at $25 with no contract required. Simplified mobile services are available with 30-day monthly plans and autopay. Select from mobile device and home phone replacements or use your existing device.

• Wholesale voice solutions: Domestic and international wholesale solutions are available through Impact, a Lingo Company. Interconnection options include private ethernet, DS-3 and public internet over a low-latency, multi-vendor IP backbone.

• Customer support: U.S.-based customer service is available 24/7 for residential, business and wholesale technical support.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Lingo Company Information