Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Lingo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lingo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lingo?

Resolution response: April 16, 2021

I would like to update my original review, from a 1 to a 3. Lingo has resolved the issue, however, I cannot give a complete 5 rating; I feel the customer service department should have handled the issue differently and with compassion, and should have the ability to review prior phone calls to see what was actually said. Nobody should have to go through 4 phone calls, with the original one 2 days after a funeral, to have a phone line disconnected. Thanks.

Original review: April 9, 2021

My mom passed away on Jan 6th, 2021. On Jan. 13th I called to have my mom's phone line discounted/terminated/stopped, and the billing address changed, so that I get the bill. The call was within the billing cycle ending on Jan. 20th and also which my mom's had paid up. I called back on Feb 1st, 2021, since the phone was still not discounted, was told I needed a death certificate (why?), which I did submitted on Feb 2nd. Still nothing, then in March, I get a bill for $175.81. I call back on March 12 and I was told someone is closing the tickets, so the nice lady opened up a new ticket, to dispute the bill, and was told it would be taken care of, since I original called on the 13th to discount the phone, was not told of any other reasons or issues.

Now in April I get a new bill for $67.00. I call back again on April 7th and I'm told for the first time, that the original ticket in Jan was a request to have the provider transferred, what! Why! They keep saying that they can't do anything to change it (their mistake, not mine). I ask them who was it transferred to? And why would I transfer it when she was dead; I was told they don't have that information, yet I'm still talking to them as the provider, what? I told them to go back and review the recorded call on Jan 13th. I never said that. It is their mistake. Then the person tells me that they can't do that.

This company is terrible, especially for me having to settle my mom's estate, when I called two days after the funeral and was told I didn't ask for a ticket to be opened. What? I would not recommend this company to anyone, especially the elderly, because I have seen other posts here and the same happened to my mom, of them raising the price each month, and charging her for a voice mail box, which my sister said mom never wanted. Didn't need, didn't know how to use.

Lingo response

Hello Brian. So sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. Please send a private response that includes a call back number for you and the account number in question and we will contact you and resolve this matter. Thank you for providing this feedback and we are very sorry for any trouble this matter may have caused you. Lingo Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 25, 2021

NOTHING BUT ISSUES! My grandmother signed up for phone service because it was cheaper (initially) but hidden charges kicked in and slowly increased the monthly price each month. Then out of nowhere, the phone stopped working. She gets a busy signal when trying to call or when people try calling her. Then her bills stopped showing up but they still automatically take money out of her bank. EVERY time she tries calling customer care, they hang up on her. So not only do they prey on an elderly lady, but there's nobody to get in contact with as customer service hangs up and doesn't fix the problem. Will file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General and file a complaint with the FCC on this bad business practice. Apparently she isn't the only one.

Lingo response

Hello Lino. Thank you for this feedback. We are certainly very sorry to hear there has been an issue with dialing our service team. If you could please send a private response with a contact number, your account number and also please advise what number is being called when you dial we would be more than happy to resolve any issue your Grandmother is facing. So very sorry. Lingo Team

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 24, 2021

After 5 months of phone calls to turn off phone lines that were already covered by AT&T they finally issued me a $102 credit per email sent by Lingo. Then the following week sent me an email saying they were turning of my service for nonpayment. After 2 phone calls I was assured it was an error only to have my service shut off on the billing due date. After another week of phone calls I was told it was error by 2 customer service people and there was a problem with my line and I need to pay for a service guy to come out by another customer service rep. At this point I said forget just close my account and send me a check for the balance owed. I've been more than patient with no response as to what happened to my credit 5 calls asking to speak with a manager who will "Call me back within 24hrs." Stay away from this company!!

Lingo response

Hello Londa. Thank you for your feedback. In reading this it sounds like you switched service to ATT but then Lingo cut off your service. This would not be possible if your service was with ATT. Could you please send a private message with your account number and a good contact number so we can have a supervisor contact you and have your issues resolved to completion? Lingo Team

Original review: March 24, 2021

This is a business phone service issue. Our company was a loyal Birch customer. Since Lingo became our servicing system we have had multiple issues. Until now, eventually, after untold HOURS on the phone, they were resolved. On March 3, I reported a tech problem with the business VM system. I was assured that it would be handled quickly. I followed up on the 15th, as the issue of no VM access for incoming business calls, was still not resolved. I assumed that 10 days was an ample timeframe for a resolution or at least some type of return contact. I was told “it’s in the queue, let me email that department”.

I have since called and spoken to 8 different customer service reps, all very pleasant but, useless. I have repeatedly asked to speak to or have a call back from a supervisor, in either department, tech or CS. I have never had any return contact. There is absolutely NO reason that someone should have not responded. So, I called on Mar 23 and requested that the VM service be removed and my bill credited for the March fee. I have NO reason to believe this will be done and I will again waste HOURS on the phone, attempting to get my business VM charge refunded. I do not believe that there is not one human, with the ability to resolve this issue, available to service a business customer—-all I wanted was my VM repaired in a timely manner. Unresponsive Useless Customer Service.

Lingo response

Hello, we are very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with your voicemail service. We would like to have a supervisor contact you to review all of these issues with you. Could you send a private response with your account number, name, and a good contact number? If there is a time you would prefer to be called please let us know. Again, we are very sorry to hear of these troubles but thank you for the feedback. Lingo Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Lingo sales rep. Tish has been very helpful and knowledgeable in resolving my phone issues. She is very patient and respectful. She always returns my e-mails or calls as needed when I had any questions.

Lingo response

Laurie, thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with Lingo. It is greatly appreciated and we certainly value you as a customer. Have a great day! Lingo Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Updated on 03/14/2021: They contacted me asking why I rated them low. Told them since Jan waiting on my refund & final bill. They've did NOTHING! WARNING to anyone considering Lingo. DON'T!!! Very deception Company. said in my 1st review why.

Updated on 02/12/2021: I have, have gotten no feedback. Lied about cost from the start. Bill was increased, before pho was even turned on. Terrible customer service. Bill was raised almost monthly. Raised more than 20 in less then a yr. Cancelled on Dec. 31, 20 & I still have not received my final bill with my 3wks of refund. Also have written a review here before, no feedback.

Original: I have had nothing but bad service since I started with Lingo. I had my bill amt changed, before they even turned my phone on. I got a turn off notice before I even got 1rst bill.Then there was charges, I've called about a few times. They take them off when I call, then add them back on the next month. Told me monthly bill w/ tax's 38.oo. Not once was it. From the get go, it was more, & kept getting raised monthly to 55+. I called. Had it shut off Dec 31. I have 3 wks of what I of needing to be returned. They said I'd get a final bill, & if refund due, they'd send. It's Feb 11, no bill, no refund. To whom it may concern, DO NOT do business with Lingo! They are a joke. I had same pho co for 45y, till they stopped offering landline, & not one tm, did I have to call to complain about bill. Lingo, I called monthly, & most wait tms to talk to them was 2-3hrs. Bad service, really bad experience!

Lingo response

Hello Connie. We are so sorry hear that you have had a bad experience with Lingo. If you could email your account number and a contact number to socialmediasupport@lingo.com we will contact you and ensure that we get any outstanding issues resolved asap. While it may be to late to reconcile, we do appreciate the feedback and will use this experience to be sure we don't make the mistake again. If there is any way to earn your business back in the future please let us know. Sincerely, Lingo Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I used to use AT&T but it took so long to get service so I switched companies. Each one was bought out until Lingo took over. Don't have to wait on the phone for to talk to someone, just write out a problem ticket online and within two days the technician was there to check out the line. Told me it was internal wiring. I discovered one of my devices had shorted out. Removed the device and all was working again. No charge. I give Lingo 5 stars.

Lingo response

Hello Jim. Thank you so much for the taking the time to post your positive experience with Lingo. We appreciate you and thank you for your business. ~ Lingo Team

Resolution response: Jan. 5, 2021

After posting my complaint the company immediately responded and resolved everything to my satisfaction. I, therefore, changed my star rating to 3 stars.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I had initially signed up many years ago with StarTech, which I guess went through several iterations of companies. I was never informed that the company had changed names. After I got rid of my landline my credit card was constantly charged despite not using their services for over 6 months. It was impossible to get anywhere with their web site. When I tried to reach someone at the company it took hours of wait time to get someone on the line and when eventually I was able to speak to someone I was told I could not be reimbursed for the time for which I did not use their service.

Resolution response: Jan. 11, 2021

I upgraded this 1 star review due to a technical support connecting me to resolve my issue. Hopefully Lingo's response about customer's complaints in the future will be more helpful. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

No return phone call, no return e-mail, put on hold for hour, not resolving problem, disconnecting phone line without inform about changes. Technical support don't have knowledge solve problems. Disappointing service.

Lingo response

Hello George, I am glad that they located the problem and please let me know when service is back up. Sorry to hear of your troubles. We hope that once the matter is resolved you will consider changing your review of Lingo. We do value our customers and get discouraged to see upset customers. Lingo Team

Resolution response: Dec. 17, 2020

After my initial review, Lingo’s customer support contacted me and offered me a very satisfactory resolution. I have a very happy experience during this whole process even though a little bit of delay due to that I didn’t update my email address in their system. I would give a five star if I had this experience from the beginning.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Actually I have been Lingo customer for many years. Last year they terminated my service and changed the company name to Impact Connect and ask me to call a new company named impact connect. We now know that they are just same company and they are changing the name back to Lingo. Any way my service was restored after the call with impact connect. I feel that the bill is burdensome after the COVID-19 and tried to cancel this service. I called their customer service twice, and every time they will say different things for canceling this account. I just feel it is not right to treat their long term customer that way. I am still trying to find a reasonable way for me to exit this trap. I hope they can resolve my issue after this review.

Thank you! We are happy that your matter is resolved _ Lingo Team

Lingo author review by Ellen Muraskin

Lingo is a network service provider with options for landline and mobile voice services, VoIP and broadband internet services for small- to medium-sized businesses and residential customers.

• Expansive network: Network includes 4 POPs, 120 fiber-route miles and partners such as Broadsoft, Crisco, GTT and Neustar. Lingo also provides comprehensive service and solutions through more than 300 connected carrier networks.

• Business solutions: Voice conferencing services make it easy to hold conference calls with toll-free access. WebEx is a web collaboration tool for sharing desktops, documents and applications. Plus, customers can get vanity 800 numbers, hosted fax communications and international long-distance calling.

• Residential solutions: Advanced communication solutions for home start at around $30 per month. Add-on services include long-distance calling, voicemail and inside wire protection.

• Mobile services: Unlimited plans start at $25 with no contract required. Simplified mobile services are available with 30-day monthly plans and autopay. Select from mobile device and home phone replacements or use your existing device.

• Wholesale voice solutions: Domestic and international wholesale solutions are available through Impact, a Lingo Company. Interconnection options include private ethernet, DS-3 and public internet over a low-latency, multi-vendor IP backbone.

• Customer support: U.S.-based customer service is available 24/7 for residential, business and wholesale technical support.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Lingo Company Information