ILD Teleservices

291people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with ILD Teleservices:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

My Elderly parents apparently dialed "0" to call me in California from the South. Somehow, that gave ILD TELESERVICES the right to charge my parents over $150 for a few short calls. UNACCEPTABLE. My parents had NO knowledge of this until AT&T forced the issue (and the payment). Because of this ridiculous charge, my parents' phone was disconnected, even though we refuted the charges, the ILD TELESERVICE service and the knowledge of ever having authorized such a service. We did not ask for their services. We DID NOT authorize their services and yet AT&T allowed this company to come in and charge my parents UNKNOWINGLY for their unwanted services.

ILD TELESERVICES is, to my mind, the definition of Evil. The creep in the background, like a parasite, attaching themselves to those who are not aware, or can't fight themselves, and bleed them. Shame on you and your disgusting business practices ILD TELESERVICES. Warn your loved ones and watch their telephone bill.

I was charged for long distance calls and could not figure why all of a sudden I was being charged when I am in package deal and am not charged by single phone calls. When I call, you said my husband requested it, and he or I, neither one of us requested it. And I want to know why you people are doing this without authorization?

My parents began to notice a higher phone bill. When I called Windstream, I learned that ILD had been billing long distance charges to their number. They have unlimited long distance so shouldn't have been paying anything. They have no idea how this was done to them.

Noticed my AT&T bill landline was about $17 higher than usual. A mystery charge for ILD Teleservices had been included with no explanation. It was too late to call ILD (offices were closed), but I placed a call to AT&T and politely informed them that this charge was a scam and I wanted it removed immediately. After a few minutes of checking, the AT&T agent agreed to remove the charge.

The next evening I called ILD. Their system is intentionally modulated with fluctuation loudness and distortion to make it difficult to understand the agent. But I persisted and asked what the charge was for. He told me that someone at my number had placed a long distance call and the *** Long Distance carrier was billing me through ILD. My long distance is ONLY through AT&T. I informed him that this charge was fraudulent and to remove it. (Hint: Do NOT ask nicely. Be assertive, loud, and demanding.) He said he could not do that.

That is when it is time to bring out the medium artillery. Demand to speak to the supervisor - NOW! Then pause and wait for the agent to start speaking. Immediately interrupt him and again demand his supervisor NOW! Continue doing this until you get the supervisor (unlikely) or he hangs up. Agents do not want an angry victim to speak with the supervisor - it reflects badly on the agent and could get him fired. But if you do, repeat your DEMAND! (don't ask nicely - DEMAND!). If you need to call back a second time, repeat the process. Keep calling back as often as necessary, getting more obnoxious and belligerent each time, start cussing if necessary. Eventually they will conclude that you are too much of a major pain in the you-know-what and cancel the charge. They might even keep your phone number on record and refrain from trying to scam you in the future.

My mother viewed her AT&T bill and noticed the increase from 45.00 to 167.00. Inspecting it further we noticed the name Veza. She never authorized the change so I called and the customer service person was unprofessional after I told her this was not authorized that I wanted a credit to the entire charge, she offered 35.00 out of the 167.00. I told her why the entire amount was not credited, it wasn't authorized, she said that's all I can do. Unbelievable how AT&T can allow this to happen. The lady says they got the authorization, which was a lie, they never did. At this point don't even know if my mother will get the full credit. Horrible company and business practice. That should never be allowed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ILD Teleservices?

This company appeared on my phone bill without my authorization. I am the only person at this address, nobody else could have made any changes. No collect calls were accepted, no pay phones used. When I contacted them, they tried to tell me they would give me a credit, but not for the full amount. When I told the man I'd be contacting my lawyer, he hung up. When I called back again, it went to direct me to new services so they did take me off. For the full amount, I don't know. Horrible company!

My son is in a half-way house in Oklahoma City and used a pay phone to call me collect. He ended up having to make 2 calls that day. The first one was for 7 minutes and the second one was for 28 minutes. The total bill was for $88.42!! My other son had called me collect from Egypt for half that price. My son (at the half-way house) had called me once a month for 4 years using a different service and the calls never exceeded $10. This is unbelievable. Now, I have to tell my son that he can't call any more. Why would the Oklahoma Dept of Corrections allow this to happen to people who have no choice?

I would like to take the time to comment on this "company's" practices. My 87 year old grandmother that lives with me, doesn't speak a whole lot of English, has recently changed our phone provider to ILD. Of course I would have never known this unless my monthly bill skyrocketed by almost double, charging me .10 cents per minute to literally 10 miles outside my door. Phone calls that we made daily within our own area code were also billed individually. This is a horrible rate for phone calls but if I had authorized it, I would do the right thing and pay this bill. However, the story I received from my grandmother was that a phone company that convinced her they were Verizon told her to switch to some new plan. This is abuse. If you badger an old lady and spit out names of her previous company, she will say yes to get you off the phone, especially if you gain her trust. I reiterate, this is not only deceitful, this is elderly abuse.

If you have Verizon, I suggest you make them your primary phone service and have them verbalize that no one can change your service from them unless you speak with Verizon directly. In a few days, I will be speaking with one of ILD's managers, replaying the phone call that allegedly had my grandmother change services. I will not only demand to be credited for the phone calls charged but I will also be requesting to be compensated for the charges accrued for "breaking" our triple play plan.

I got ripped off by ILD of USD 700+. I got refunded by AT&T (with credit). But in the past one year, I receive non-stop phone call (10+ times a days) every day, and recently the new tires of my car were punched. Total 4 times in the past 6 months. Every time the punch holes were on two pairs of tire and beyond repair. My car was park on the parking spot with my last name printed. Now I changed my last name. I'm suspicious that ILD is doing this. If any one has such experience please inform me.

My mother just turned 82 and she needed help writing out her monthly bills and I noticed on the back page of her phone bill a third party billing charge for 18.94 for an internet service that she never signed up for. So I checked back on her bill and they have been charging her this amount for 7 years now since 2006 which adds up to around 1500.00. Not too happy now!!! Not sure if I have any way to resolve this?

I received my bill from AT&T and it was double the usual monthly amount. After review, I noticed a different long distance company, Pacific-South Telecom. It was billed through ILD Teleservices. A 14 minute call within California was $35.57. I called AT&T, they said I was probably "slammed". They removed the charges and discontinued that long distance service. Of course this left us with not being able to make long distance calls from that line. I had to call my prior long distance company, Pioneer Telephone (they are wonderful) and re-establish our service. AT&T also did not charge us the required activation fee. Someone with a similar complaint suggested contacting the Federal Communication Commission and file a complaint there. Apparently you can do that online. In addition, this person suggested there should be a class action suit against ILD Teleservices.

As of Feb. 2013, I saw charges on my Verizon bill and apparently I had been "slammed" with these charges stating that I had changed my long distance carrier. I never authorized any changes and never spoke to anyone. The representative went ahead and credited my account, but unfortunately this month I had more charges! I called Verizon once again & they told me that it was authorized once again. Besides the fact that I am the only one in this house that answers the phone (unless my 2- & 9-year-old grandchildren authorized it when they visit), no one has called me!

Anyhow, I called this # 1-800-433-4518 & spoke to a representative. I told her in a very strong voice that I never authorized any changes and that I wanted them to remove me from their list and credit me the money they had been charging me. She didn't ask any question and did it & supposedly took me off the list. I am glad I found this website of complaints against them. Imagine how much money they are making from the people who don't check their charges! It's ridiculous how companies or individuals can be so sneaky to rob people! Shame on them!

I received two 6 minute collect calls that were posted 5 minutes apart. We couldn't hear each other on the first try which is why there is a second call. I have received a bill for $72.31 for those two calls from ILD. My first reaction was to search online for comments. It turns out there’s a lengthy list of other victims. Some of them tickled to death by the 40% reduction they received when they called and complained. That’s not good enough. I have since filed a complaint with the Federal Communication Commission and ask everyone to do so as well. It’s easy and can be done online. I have also asked ILD to refund my money. They offered a small reduction which further insulted me so I declined. I would like to see this turn into a class action lawsuit that not only refunds these outrageous fees but imposes a requirement to inform their customers of the fees they are agreeing to in advance.

I was going over my AT&T phone bill and I saw charges for Global Tel. I have never signed up for any collect calls to be made to my phone and I don't appreciate AT&T taking it upon themselves to allow a company to allow collect calls to be accepted, but they will not give me long distance without a deposit of 200 dollars. I have a bundle pack with local calls and it's not even unlimited local calls. After so many minutes, they start charging for day and night. I also have the internet, and DirecTV. My bill is high enough without AT&T signing me up with ID and Global Tel. I'm disputing these charges and filing a complaint against all three parties involved in this scam.

This company somehow showed up on my bill last month. I never asked for long distance service and had never heard of ILD Teleservices or VEZA Ltd (the other name it goes by). I called Verizon and asked about this. I said that we didn't even know that we had been signed up for long distance so we weren't using the service and nor did we want it. Then I had to call the company directly and I mentioned that no one in my household had signed up for this and that we didn't want the service. They told me that they would give credit for the amount charged. The next day, I saw the credit showed on my online Verizon account.

However, this month, ILD Teleservices charged me again! I don't understand why they gave me a credit just for one month when I was clearly saying that I never signed up and didn't want their service at all. This company seems untrustworthy, unresponsive, sketchy, and ineffective. What they did with me must be illegal and maybe they are hoping that they can continue to charge me each month until I get tired of calling to have their charges removed. Their actions are inappropriate and I don't understand how they can sign me up for something without my permission and then not listen to me when I try to opt out.

I just noticed a charge of $13.86 on my Verizon home phone bill. When I called to see what it was, the women who answered the phone couldn't give me any information other than to say they are just a billing service for a tech support company that I signed up with. I asked for documentation which she couldn't provide. She talked quick and over me and said she'd give me a credit for six months but since her records don't back further, that's all the credit I'll get. When I insisted on a contact number, she kept saying she didn't have one. When I mentioned my concern of fraud, she gave me a billing address. I never signed up for this service and want a full credit.

I placed 4 payphone calls within California charged to my credit card in October 2012. Two went to voicemail and two connected for a total of 24 minutes of calls. The charges, which were supposed to have originated from IOS Telecom on my credit card, came to $127.75 for these calls! Needless to say, I was appalled. I went to the IOS Telecom website, where it said that it does not bill for any calls originating in the US. It directed me to another 800 #, which led me to ILD Teleservices, which identifies themselves as a billing company. When pressed, they admitted that they provide the service, charge an operator fee, a subscription fee, and the calls themselves.

After I steamed a bit about not using an operator and connecting to voicemail twice, they reduced the charges to $53.56. These costs are still a rip-off, but I'll pay them and make a stink everywhere else I can about this abusive practice. I actually told the gal helping me (who was quite nice) that I was reading many Consumer Affairs complaints about ILD Teleservices while I was on hold with her, and I asked why on earth would she want to work for a company like this. She didn't respond.

I discovered that I was being charged for a fax service at $14.95 per month for the last 49 months. I have requested a refund of $732.55 plus taxes. I am told to expect this to be returned as credit to my Verizon bill within the next 1 to 2 billing cycles.

I had paid my final bill from Verizon after moving and closing my phone account but got another Verizon bill with charges from ILD Teleservices, Inc. for $14.95 "billed on behalf of Employee Notification." I called the special toll-free number Verizon had on the bill for this specific charge. This was not authorized, but they gave my date of birth as "proof" that I had signed up for the service. I already read about these "cramming" charges and told him so. The person on the phone said he would cancel the service. However, I have no idea if they will continue to pursue me to get this payment. What is the latest on how to handle this?

I have been been billed $9.61 a month since February by ILD Teleservices Inc. I have never even heard of this company!

ILD Teleservices charged me $27.60 without my permission or consent. I have been a loyal customer of AT&T for 22 plus years, and I went to cancel my services with them because of this. They told me they had nothing to do with this and I had to contact ILD. I did so and asked for credit. They said they could only return $15.92. I want a full refund; I want my money back. This company is absolutely terrible.

I have been a very satisfied customer for 8 years. I upgraded 2 months ago and have no signal in our home! I have spent at least 12+ hours on the phone with various departments of their company and Apple company. Now they want us to purchase a booster for $199.99. Our bill is already $211.59. Anyone else? I think it is a scam to make everyone buy a booster! This is not right. I never had a problem before. Our previous bill was $85 and we cancelled our landline to get these special iPhone 3G phones. It's very frustrating. Please comment if you are in the Petoskey, MI area. This smells like a class action suit. I do not believe in lawsuits but am just saying.

I noticed several months ago that ILD was charging me and have attempted to contact them several times. I was able to listen to a "recording" of someone (don't know who) setting up services. It sounded very shady. It wasn't me. I want them to stop(!) and credit the charges. After listening to the "recording," there was no one on the line. I never had the chance to dispute the charges. The next month, there they were again.

My aunt is 88 years old and blind. She neither use the ILD Teleservices nor remember signing up for it. She is on a plan with CenturyLink. I do not understand how an agent would sign her up. It was clear that she did not understand. She received a bill for $7.48 that she cannot afford. Please consider this and remove it from her account. The phone is for emergency use only as she is not able to dial.

Last year, this company, ILD, switched me illegally from my long distance company (Qwest/Centurylink) to itself, without my permission. When I confronted them, they told me that they have proof that they did it legally. They said that they will send me the proof and I never heard from them again. Again, this year, this fraudulent company has started charging me $4.95 monthly under some dubious charge named Optic iNet Discount MTHL. When I confronted them, this time they said that they are discontinuing me (as if I was ever their customer). How is this company able to commit such a fraud openly? It is similar to getting access of one's credit card and placing a fraudulent charge. Also, I wonder why the national carriers such as CenturyLink and AT&T are helpless against this. Is law and order dead in USA?

Without notice from AT&T (that I have for almost 12 years), I just received a bill from them for $126.24, more than what I usually pay. The reason came from ILD that took over all my long distance made, when in fact, I am paying for the plan with AT&T. Of course they are telling me that I accepted the changes, but I didn't. AT&T is not doing much to help except to put me back on their plan. ILD (how nice) is willing to take away half of the bill. If they didn’t do anything wrong, I know that they would never had reduced the bill. Since I was paying directly from my credit card, I am going to dispute the charges. We need to do something about all these scamming artists.

On July 8th, I received my phone bill via email and was shocked to see a $454.87 charge by the company ILD Teleservices. I called AT&T to dispute these charges and they told me to dispute with ILD and provided me the phone #. I called ILD and was connected with the absolute rudest and flat out meanest person I had ever dealt with. I explained to him I had a charge on my phone bill that should not be there. He proceeded to tell me the charges were for collect calls I had accepted and that I could not dispute the charges. I told him that not only had I not accepted these collect calls but that these calls were never even made to my phone (which they weren't). He then very rudely said he would remove $180.18 off of the bill and then promptly hung up on me; still leaving me with a bill of $274.69 for collect calls we never got. My phone bill is normally $8.65 a month. I cannot afford to pay for a bill I am not responsible for. I would also like to point out I was very polite and never raised my voice to him.

I noticed the charge from ILD (MRC plus tax) appearing on my June 2012 bill. I contacted Verizon via their chat service and was able to get a credit on my bill for 6 months of charges. I applied a block for future unauthorized charges. I am satisfied with the response from Verizon, but I'm concerned that I've been charged longer than 6 months. I'm going to try to find out when the charges started.

Your company has billed us for the last seven or eight times for a number we have never called? Plus, when you do call this number, it is disconnected. Smithtown **. Please tell us why. We are upset and will take legal action. Have a nice day.

I set my AT&T bill to paperless and autopay as not to be late on my bill since we were traveling back and forth to another state to make funeral arrangements for my father. From August 2011 through March 2012, ILD telecommunications billed us on our AT&T bill for $12.95 per month. In April 2012, they billed us $38.85, 3 dates of $12.95. This is when I caught it.

Upon calling AT&T, I was astounded that any "third party service" could attach bills to our AT&T bill. I now have a block on all third party services on my account and AT&T removed the April charge. Unfortunately, I have called ILD many times at 800-433-4518, as showing on my AT&T bill. After going through the menu 2-3 times, then holding to music forever, I received a sudden busy signal and then am suddenly disconnected. I still do not understand how AT&T can be part of such an insane practice, but worse, how does one get their money back for the previous month's charges.